View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ] 
 04 The Alchemist Hamid al Farazi 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Poll Deleted
As everyone came along the poll was deleted by RFT


The city is set up in districts so the weavers, tanners, tailors, and shoemakers are together and the same goes for alchemists, mages, druids, and other magical craftsmen. It requires a successful Streetwise check at +2 to ensure the heroes don’t get lost. If the Streetwise check is unsuccessful, the group spends a few hours in the wrong district of the city. Successful Streetwise checks or asking directions helps them find their way back to the proper district of the city.

Once they get to Hamid’s shop they notice a woman in robes standing several doors down, in front of another shop. She ducks into her store as if scared when she sees your large group approaches going into his shop. Hamid smiles and waves as you approach the shop thinking you a large group of adventurers you will be good for his coffers. Above the door are the words “Enchanted Sundries”.

Upon entering Hamid’s shop your heroes find a small front room with a counter top and shelves along one wall with jars, vials and, pitchers upon them - some full and others seemingly empty. There’s a door to a larger area in back and your heroes hear a voice bidding them to come through. There are stairs at the back of this much larger room, leading up to what are probably living quarters. A man is standing at a table that has burners, a small hood, forceps, and a number of beakers, as well as other containers and several powders laid out neatly. There’s a desk a few feet away from the table.
The man introduces himself. “Welcome, welcome. My name is Hamid, how may help such a large group of powerful adventurers? Perhaps you need a love potion, a potion of luck, blessings or even some magic weapons for you journey?” Focusing on your party his eyes drift to the very fine clothes of the elf a couple times as he ignores the other customers in the shop completely. “You look to be very seasoned adventurers. Perhaps all you need is some scrolls to aid your quest?”



NOTICE & STREETWISE ROLLS REQUIRED FOR SCENE

OOC Comments
Mysterious GM Die Rolls 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Mysterious GM Die Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:03 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d4 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (5)


Streetwise 2 Failure
+2 difficulty modifier
Streetwise 1d4-2 = -1 (1)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)


***

Angis wasn’t much help in finding his way through the city, getting the group lost a couple times until someone told him to shut up. That left a grumpy dwarf when they arrived finally in the alchemist district and at Hamid al Farazi’s shop.

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:31 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (1)
wild dice 1d6 (2)

common knowledge 1d8 (3)
wild dice 1d6 (4)

Streetwise to find the shop 15
OOC Comments
Streetwise 1d6+2 = 5 (3) to find the shop
Wild dice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
ace 1d6 (6)
ace 1d6 (1)


Streetwise 10
OOC Comments
Streetwise 1d6 (2) at the shop =
Wild dice 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (4)



Most of their group were far happier in the outdoors, but for Bradon, he loved being in the city; the crowds of people, the sounds, the smells, how everything interacted. Being part of the Rangers took him away from this and he missed it.

Whilst he had never been in this city before, each of them had their own feel and it did not take long for Bradon to get the feel for this city, quickly picking up the patterns of how this city functioned. Despite the best efforts of some of the group, especially after Anglis managed to get part of the group lost, Bradon was able to find them to bring everybody to the alchemist; the dwarf was most put out.

Noticing the lady going back into her shop as they arrived at the Alchemist.
“Signal if you need any help,” he told Aronan


Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Notice 4
1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Spotting the woman duck away from them Aronan frowns, then looks to the others. "Continue on to the alchemist. I will inquire if she knows something." Taking the Korindian approach he walks up to the door where she disappeared and straightforwardly knocks and shouts "Greetings!" If there is no answer he will do a cursory check of the building to try and learn her identity for a later follow-up.

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)

Streetwise 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Tieronar follows the trio, taking in the various sights and sounds of the city. The Brinchie smiles and nods to anyone who meets his gaze, occasionally forgetting that his fanged grin can appear more menacing than friendly.

He gets distracted and almost side-tracked several times, but the others steer him in the right direction and they eventually make it to the place of Hamid.

Upon entering, Tier makes a show of examining the wares for sale, letting the others initially talk with Hamid. He moves so that he is slightly away from the rest of the group, so that Hamid has to switch his attention from one to the other if he wishes to watch all of them.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Danyar walks a short distance further then stops off to the side of the street. He stands there watching Aronan, and the surrounding area to make sure they aren't being watched. He will remain there and make sure there is no trouble with Aronan and assist if there is.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (2)

Investigate 1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Tier watches the others, looking around for anything suspicious.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Aronan
As Aronan watch for suspiciousness they both easily notice the old lady heading in a bit abruptly as if expecting trouble. As the two head over they enter her shop just in time to see four young boys go running out in different direction a hurry. It is readily obvious they are street watchers of some sort and they are likely delivering messages that there is trouble in the streets.





Bradon & Danyar

Bradon meanwhile stays at the entry to the shop watching both parties in case they need help across the street or in the Alchemist shop. While Danyar stands a short distance away on guard for trouble.




Angis, Danyar, Lyssenia, & Tieronar

Upon entering Hamid’s shop your heroes find a small front room with a counter top and shelves along one wall with jars, vials and, pitchers upon them - some full and others seemingly empty. There’s a door to a larger area in back and your heroes hear a voice bidding them to come through. There are stairs at the back of this much larger room, leading up to what are probably living quarters. A man is standing at a table that has burners, a small hood, forceps, and a number of beakers, as well as other containers and several powders laid out neatly. There’s a desk a few feet away from the table.
The man introduces himself. “Welcome, welcome. My name is Hamid, how may help such a large group of powerful adventurers? Perhaps you need a love potion, a potion of luck, blessings or even some magic weapons for you journey?” Focusing on your party his eyes drift to the very fine clothes of the elf a couple times as he ignores the other customers in the shop completely. “You look to be very seasoned adventurers. Perhaps all you need is some scrolls to aid your quest?”


OOC = I need to know who is addressing him and what your plans are to say to him?

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Common Knowledge 15 2 Raises
Smarts 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (3)


***

Angis glanced around at the plethora of bottles and beakers. Well, this place would certainly get messy if a fight broke out here.

“We’re lookin’ fer Hamid al Farazi, the alchemist,” the dwarf said. “Ye ‘im? Elowen recommended ye.”

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Angis Ironheart wrote:
“We’re lookin’ fer Hamid al Farazi, the alchemist,” the dwarf said. “Ye ‘im? Elowen recommended ye.”

Looking at the dwarf Hamid stares blankly for a second as if trying to figure out what he is saying then realization comes into his eyes. "Elowen, hum I cannot say I recognize the name. But I definitely appreciate new business. So what will it be good Dwarf, how may I help you?" As he talks with you he is organizing his desk a bit giving the impression he is getting ready to close for the day or go to lunch. As he is talking you see new customers come in and some old ones leave. Finishing up he takes a seat behind the desk and reaches in to pull out a book and some ink bottles for writing any orders you have. "So would you like something off the apothecary shelf or something with a little alchemy woven into it?" As he begins to write he pauses and looks up to you.

Roll Results, NO NEED TO ROLL AGAIN
Anyone who is in the shop that rolled a 4 on both their streetwise and notice rolls above can tell the 'new customers' are street toughs and they are casing you guys and the shop out.

Anyone in the shop who rolled a 5 on their Notice can see his effort to clean his desk for lunch is actually driven by his effort to hide some papers.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Tier didn't need a notice to determine that the man was trying clean up his place.

Does his investigation roll let him realize that the men are thugs? What do they look like?


Tieronar looks at the others, catching Angis' eye, exepecting the more experienced dwarf to already know to watch for the Alchemist to run.

"Indeed, she recommended you. With the highest praise. Said Hamid al Farazi is the man to see if you're having problems. Problems with babymaking and such."

The Brinchie smiles and nods to the dwarf again.

"Says that you have powerful magics to help anyone who's trying to conceive a little sprog."

He smiles at the man, grinning in the normally friendly manner that, for his species, also reveals sharpened canines.

"Says you give the royal treatment. Make your lady feel like a queen. Especially if you have the most noble intentions."

He moves to walk closer to the man. (If he can.)

"I think you know what I'm saying."

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)


***

Angis might not be the most perceptive dwarf in the mine, but he knew a street tough when he saw it. And he was pretty sure he spotted the alchemist hiding papers.

“Aye,” the dwarf agreed with the Brinchie. “The kitty’s go’ the roight o’ it,” he said, edging a bit to make sure he was between the street toughs and the rest of the party. “Wee Elowen was a mite tae busy t’day t’ make ‘er market run, sae she sent us t’ resupply wi’ ye. Was wonderin’ if she cuild get somethin’ a wee bit stronger. Wot she’s been usin’ doesnae seem t’ be workin’ yet.”

Angis gave the Brinchie a look to make sure the alchemist couldn’t get out by some back way. He would handle the ruffians.

***

Conditions

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

He smiled as he saw the four children run out; runners out to various people to warn them … about us perhaps. Interesting that our presence caused this reaction; this says we are onto something here

However, this probably meant that company was coming. Prodding Danyar with his elbow, he passed on the information.

“Discreetly let the people in both shops know that we’re going to have some company soon. Exactly what that will be I don’t know. “


Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Street Wise
Street Wise 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)

Ace
Ace 1d6 (4)


Danyar watches those coming and going from the Alchemy shop. He heads in that direction to warn those inside of the runners. Knowing this will be close in fighting, he stashes his bow as he approaches, and draws the short sword and holds it under his cloak. As he opens the door, he looks at his companions .."Bradon wanted me to tell you that the messengers have all headed out. Looks like we will be having many guests for dinner." I will remain in the doorway.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)


There appears to be something afoot, Aronan thinks to himself as the streets clear and watchers begin to run off with messages. Looking at the watchers he is unsure how to proceed, so he heads to the Alchemist's Shop but doesn't enter. instead he stands watch at the door looking for trouble that may waylay the others inside. Our presence has caused quite a stir, there is no doubt they we kicked over a Ratzin nest.

As he watches the door he takes a ready stance with his staff in hand.

Another day, another threat of battle. The mainland is violent.

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Notice
+2 With Detect Arcane (+4 vs Sorcery), +2 with Sight based tests
Notice 1d6 (1)
Notice Wild Die 1d6 (4)
Result Notice = 6


Lysennia ignores the byplay between Angis and Tieronar, she only has eyes for the alchemist.

"Master alchemist", she begins coolly.
"We have been asked to investigate allegations of misrepresentation and selling of potions and charms. Such items were supposedly assured remedies for ailments besetting vulnerable people. Subsequently those remedies have been found to be not only ineffective in treating this particular problem, but that in the worst cases the symptoms were actually exacerbated."
Lysennia pauses to draw breath and takes a step closer to Hamid.
"Indeed we have a witness prepared to swear that you supplied one such 'remedy' to her. What do you have to say for yourself?"
Lysennia slams her hand down on top of the pile of papers Hamid is surreptitiously trying to shuffle out of harms way on the desk with a loud thump. She stares him right in the eye, seeming not to notice the papers under her hand.
"I'd advise you not to try and deceive me, I'm the tolerant one of the group. My friends here. . .", she gestures to her companions. "Well lets just say, it looks like there are a lot of 'things' in this shop that look quite fragile".

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

Angis grinned at Lysennia’s threat. Well, the tree hugger had some spine.

“Aye,” Angis said lazily. “An’ may’aps when I’m swingin’ me axe ‘roun’, it moight slip a wee bit an’ lop off somethin’ ye moight feel ye need.”

***

Conditions

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 10

OOC Comments
1d6 (6)
Wild dice 1d6 (1)
ace 1d6 (4)


Common Knowledge 5

OOC Comments
1d8 (4)
Wild dice 1d6 (5)



Stealth 16

OOC Comments
1d6 (6)
Wild Dice 1d6 (5)
Ace 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (4)


Discreetly, he kept his hand on the hilt of his sword, just in case as he kept an eye out for the trouble coming, trying to disappear into the crowd and ready to spring out when needed.


Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Stammering as the threats come Hamid insists he would know no one from the palace, then as the situation intensifies Hamid looks scared and nervous with the threat being leveled. He panics and screams out "Oh, no. Not here." as he curls up under his desk. The action works like a trigger and suddenly the thugs surrounding you guys move into action as the close quarters of the in creates an challenging scene for battle.
Hamid looks like he is ready to cower and crawl away from the place as fast as his knees can carry him.

Initiative, All players may as well go first as the thugs lost pretty soundly
As all of you understood clearly the thugs where there for an ambush everyone is getting a card and there is no surprise round.

The close quarters means any weapon larger than a dagger or that requires swinging will be at -2 when used in this fight, unless you are outside.

Card Deck: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=962&p=25182#p25182

Aronan 1d54 (26) Ace Hearts
Angis 1d54 (37) Queen Clubs
Lysennia 1d54 (53) Red joker
Danyar 1d54 (39) Ace Clubs
Bradon 1d54 (3) Four Spades
Tieronar 1d54 (12) King Spades

Hamid (ducking under the desk does not count as his action) 1d54 (32) 7 Clubs
Soldeirs 1d54 (42) Four Diamonds
Thieves 1d54 (10) Jack Spades


Joker's Wild All Player's Get a Benny


EDITED: The Soldiers and Thugs are Parry 5 Toughness 5

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Two Weapon Fighting
Claw 1 1d8 (1)
Wild 1 1d6 (5)
Damage 1d6 (6) 1d6 (4)
Damage 'SPLOSHUN 1d6 (6)
Damage 'SploShun 'Sploshun 1d6 (6)
Damage 'Sploshun #3 1d6 (1)

Claw 2 1d8 (5)
Wild 2 1d6 (1)
Damage 1d6 (3) 1d6 (4)

You didn't tell us our target #, but if a 5 hits, that's one hit for 23 Damage and a second hit for 7 Damage...

OK, Greg said they are PArry 5 and Toughness 5. So that's two hits, the first hits for 4 wounds and the second Shakes the target


Tieronar's grin never falters as he turns to face the nearest Thug. The Brinchie's knuckles flex as his claws emerge. The scarf around his neck, tucked carefully into his jerkin, flutters slightly as Tieronar suddenly springs into action.

"You can call me Tier!," the feline says as he spins around the man's blow, slashing out with both paws.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Last edited by Tieronar on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Common Knowledge 14
Smarts 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

“Finally!” Angis said with a grin, whipping out his dagger as the thugs started to move in. He spun and jabbed the blade at the man moving up behind him.

***

Conditions
Parry 6 (no shield)


Fighting 16 Probably a Raise
-2 MAP for drawing weapon
Fighting 1d10-2 = 8 (10)
Ace 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)


Damage 9
1d4 (3) + 1d10 (3)
Raise 1d6 (3)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Standing in the doorway, Danyar sees the thugs reach for their weapons. His hand already on his short sword swings it out from under his cape in an upward motion and....

Short Sword Attack
Attack 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = 1 (3)


swings it past a thugs head just missing.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
Stammering as the threats come Hamid insists he would know no one from the palace, then as the situation intensifies Hamid looks scared and nervous with the threat being leveled. He panics and screams out "Oh, no. Not here." as he curls up under his desk. The action works like a trigger and suddenly the thugs surrounding you guys move into action as the close quarters of the in creates an challenging scene for battle.
Hamid looks like he is ready to cower and crawl away from the place as fast as his knees can carry him.

"Oh I don't think so little rabbit. You and I still have lots to discuss". Lysennia moves behind the counter and plants a foot on Hamid's back and surveys the room.
"I don't much like the odds", Lysennia thinks to herself. "Too many people, too much to go wrong".

Ordinarily Lysennia wouldn't worry about her companions ability to look after themselves. They were after all skilled warriors. But in these close quarters, weight of numbers could overwhelm them, and then a stray knife blade. . .

Drawing deeply on the aether the air around her hand started to crackle with energy. With pinpoint accuracy she lashed out three times. Three of the advancing thugs were struck as eldritch bolts left her spread fingers.

Bolt
Triple Bolt Roll= 3d10 (2, 8, 8), Triple Bolt Wild Die= 1d6 (6),Wild Dice Ace= 1d6 (5) (+2 on rolls for Joker)
Bolt 1 = 10 (Roll of 8 + 2) hit with a raise, Damage= 3d6 (1, 3, 4)+2 = 10 (Incapacitated)
Bolt 2 = 10 (Roll of 8 + 2) hit with a raise, Damage= 3d6 (2, 1, 1)+2 = 6 (Shaken)
Bolt 3 = 13 (Roll of 11 + 2) hit with a raise, Damage= 3d6 (4, 4, 2)+2 = 12 (Incapacitated)

"Look upon me and tremble mortals. I who have been a living conduit of eldritch power since before you were born. Best ye flee lest your already ephemeral time on this world be cut yet shorter".

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Where did he list the Thugs' stats?

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild dice 1d6 (6)
ace 1d6 (4)
Common Knowledge 1d8 (1)
Wild dice 1d6 (3)


And here is trouble as expected as the twelve thugs rolled up. Right now, they are surrounded. Anglis is tough, but even he is going to have problems taking on that many by himself.
Hope Tieronar has better luck than he did before
And Lysennia, remind me not to cross you as she unleashed some magic.
Slipping his blades out of their sheaths, he appeared out of the shadows, completely blindsiding one of the thugs, slipping his rapier through his armour to disable him. He had his left hand dagger ready to hold off any attacks on his person.

OOC Comments
The Drop
Fighting 1d8+4 = 11 (7)
Wild dice 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
Raise against the thug

Damage str and raise 2d6+4 = 11 (1, 6) rapier 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d6 (4) 1d4 (2)
21 damage

Currently armed with rapier and left hand dagger – Parry 8

My initiative is rubbish. The thieves go first


Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (3)


As violence begins, Aronan leaps from his ready stance into action. The tight quarter leave little room for his staff, but he in unconcerned instead he lets loose with a flurry of kicks and punches designed to overwhelm and subdue the enemy quickly. Moving gracefully, the islander sweep kicks the thug nearest to him attempting to render him unconscious. The last thing the king needs from us is murder in the streets

Fighting 8
Fighting 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)


Non-Lethal Damage 6
Damage: 1d6 (3) 1d4 (3)
Wild: 1d6 (1) 1d4 (4)

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Ignore this its just a whole bunch of rolls
Shaken Thug 1 to unshake 1d6 (6) Success Unshaken
Shaken Thug 2 to unshake 1d6 (2) Fail, still shaken

Hamid Smarts 1d10 (8) Success (TBD)
Hamid Wild 1d6 (5)

Gemin Casting Bolt @Lysennia x2, and Agnis x1
Sorcery 1d12 (1)
Sorcery 1d12 (8) Damage @ Lysennia 2d6 (4, 4) + Raise 1d6 (5)
Sorcery 1d12 (6) Damage @ Angis 2d6 (4, 6) Ace 1d6+10 = 15 (5)
Wild 1d6 (5) Damage @ Lysennia 2d6 (4, 5)
Personal Benny 1 of 2 to Unshake Instantly and fall back behind cover.


Thug Attacks
Fighting @ Angis versus 8 1d6 (4)
Fighting @ Danyar versus 6 1d6 (4)
Fighting @ Tieronar versus 7 1d6 (1)
Fighting @ Aronan versus 9 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
Fighting @ Aronan versus 9 1d6+1 = 7 (6) Ace 1d6+7 = 10 (3)
    Aronan gets Hit for 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (3)

Remainder dead, shaken or fleeing.


Hamid seeing he is being targeted even though he is only hiding throws a potion over from under the desk breaking it against the ceiling. Hitting 2d4 (1, 3) people, 1/3 of which are his allies (you already cleared the field in close)
Throwing 1d8 (2)
Throwing Wild 1d6 (3)
1 of 2 Personal Bennies for Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 4 (1)
For 2d6 (3, 1) Damage to Lysennia, Angis, and Aronan
Desk provides 6 armor for Hamid hiding under it.

Initiative Next Round
Aronan 1d54 (10) Jack Spades
Angis 1d54 (29) 4 Clubs
Lysennia 1d54 (36) Jack Clubs
Danyar 1d54 (21) 9 Hearts
Bradon 1d54 (50) Queen Diamonds
Tieronar 1d54 (23) Jack Hearts

Hamid 1d54 (17) 5 Hearts
Gemin 1d54 (19) 7 Hearts
Thieves & Soldiers 1d54 (9) 10 Spades


The ranger party is easily able to resist the efforts of the thugs. Hamid takes to hiding. But things take a turn as an unknown Sorcerer turns the corner from the stairs a glare on his face he quickly targets your own Sorcerer and with a few words a pair of arcane bolts lash out striking Lysennia. Followed immediately by a third that hits Angis. After the bolts are fired you can hear the noise of the arcanist running up the stairs and a door slamming.
Hamid in his fear tosses a bottle of something but the stopper comes off too early before breaking against the ceiling and the flicking fire is hardly enough to matter as it only catches only light flammables on fire in the office. That done he pushes out from under Lysennia and dashes out a back door. Yelling “Run, murderers in the ward!” Hamid’s day body is unable to make much purges in his flight, but he runs anyway.
The thugs pouring into the building do not give up yet though as they continue their attacks one of them gets lucky hitting the Korrindian with a glancing blow.
Finally seeing they are so out matched the thugs look around at each other as they prepare to dash away and flee.


READ THIS BIG PICTURE SUMMARY
Angis - You get hit for 15 Damage

Lysennia - You get hit for 13 Damage followed immediately by 9 Damage. (Sorry about that, but the other Sorcerer is arrogant about magic and sees you as the most powerful.) Lysennia if you soak all the wounds you may choose to make a free attack against Hamid as he flees in terror.

Aronan you get hit for 4 damage

The papers in the room are burning, but you are all untouched by the feeble fire Hamid tried to use to cover his escape.


The bad guys are all looking very scared and ready to flee in different directions. Anyone you do not attack or pursue will abandon combat.

Initiative Next Round
This will work out to three blocks
Block 1

Aronan, Bradon, Lysennia, Danyar, Tieronar go is whatever order you want

Block 2
The NPC's will act

Block 3
Angis will Act

Each Block will have two days and then it will be considered to be on hold.

The hallway is crowded so only two people will be able to get to Hamid

Anyone pursuing the sorcerer who ran upstairs I strongly suggest using an action to make a notice roll before opening the door you heard slam shut.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (4)

PACE 8!

If I catch the merchant:

Two strikes (he will hold back the second strike if the first stops the merchant-NVM- right Paw missed):
Left Paw 1d8 (8) 'SPLOSHUN 1d8 (6)
Wild: 1d6 (6) 'Sploshun 1d6 (5)
Damage 2d6 (1, 6) Ace Damage 1d6 (2) 'Sploshun Damage 1d6 (3) 12 DAMAGE!

Right Paw 1d8 (2)
Wild: 1d6 (2)
Damage: 2d6 (5, 3)


Tier looks at the fleeing Hamid.

"Lys! I trust you can handle the sorcerer! I'm faster! Let me grab the merchant."

With that, the Brinchie takes off at a dead run after the stumbling merchant.

"Stop fleeing!" Tieronar yells at the Merchant, "Don't make me hurt you! We only need to ask you some questions!"

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
GM Benny to Soak
Man that Cat can Swing
Hamid's Vigor 1d6 (4)
Vigor Wild Die 1d6 (3)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
I will resume my spot in the doorway blocking their exit. I make the following announcement then hold my action to see what the thugs do.

"Halt!! We are here under the authority of the Royal Family. You will drop your weapons and stand down."

If the Thugs drop their weapons and stand down, I will guard them until the others take their actions.

If the Thugs make to escape I will attack.

Agility
Agility 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Notice
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)


Attack
Attack 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7 (6)


Damage
Damage 2d6 (5, 3)

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Soak vs Bolt 1
13 Damage = Shaken + 2 wounds
Using the bonus bennie for the joker
Vigor Dice = 1d4 (2)+2
Wild Dice = 1d6 (2)+2

Net save one wound, leaving me one wound. and still shaken


Soak vs Bolt 2
9 Damage = Shaken + Wound. However already shaken so two wounds.

Using a bennie
Vigor Dice = 1d4 (2)+2 (Joker) - 1 Wound Penalty
Wild Dice = 1d6 (2)+2 (Joker) - 1 Wound Penalty

Bennie Reroll
Vigor Dice = 1d4 (2)+2 (Joker) - 1 Wound Penalty
Wild Dice = 1d6 (1)+2 (Joker) - 1 Wound Penalty

Saves no wounds, leaving Lysennia with with three wounds and shaken.



Lysennia screams, her body wracked with white hot agony as the bolts strike her body throwing her forward over the counter like a rag doll. The fickle eldritch forces which are hers to command, now turned against her by another. She struggles to push herself to her feet as Hamid squeezes out from under the desk and makes a break for it.

Unshake Roll
New round so Joker no longer applies
Spirit Dice = 1d12 (6)-3
Wild Dice = 1d6 (5)-3

Result = 3 (Fail)


Groggily she pulls herself up, leaning heavily on the counter trying to shake off the effects of the the sorcerer's mystic assault.

Tieronar wrote:
"Lys! I trust you can handle the sorcerer! I'm faster! Let me grab the merchant."


"Go, chase the rabbit, I've got the sorcerer", is what she intends to say, but the words sound slurred and distant even to her. She's not sure what Tieronar heard.

Spend Benny
Yet another benny spent :roll: to allow me to unshake


Shaking her head trying to clear the fog from her vision, Lysennia starts to walk unsteadily toward the stairs where the sorcerer had fled. She stumbles on the second stair just catching herself before she falls. As she climbs the stairs she tries to reach out to the aether, to feel it's comforting protective embrace.

Spellcasting - Deflection
Sorcery Dice = 1d10 (9)-3
Wild Dice = 1d6 (2)-3

Nett result 6. Deflection successfully cast +2 to hit Lysennia.


The power gutters weakly for a second threatening to fail completely before firming up into a dimly glowing nimbus around her and she advances up the stairs toward the door.

Notice Check
Notice Dice = 1d6 (6) -1 (-3 wounds, +2 Racial), Ace Dice = 1d6 (4) = 9
Wild Dice = 1d6 (2) -1 (-3 wounds, +2 Racial) = 1

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As you start to open the door the memory that this is an Alchemist home comes to you and with the door still closed you pause seeing a bright green sulfur like dust mixed on the seem. Opening this door could trigger a trap of arcane nature.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 (6)
Wild 1d6 (5)


RFT wrote:
As you start to open the door the memory that this is an Alchemist home comes to you and with the door still closed you pause seeing a bright green sulfur like dust mixed on the seem. Opening this door could trigger a trap of arcane nature.


When (if) advised of the trap, Aronan signals the others to stand back. Then, he uses his long staff to push open the door, trying to stay well back.

"Like shaking coconuts from a tree, stand back or take a beating."

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
The expected happens. As soon as the door breaks the seal acidic flames in an explosion erupts bathing you.

As only Aronan is on the stairwell and he knew this was coming he is at a +2 advantage on his Agility roll versus Hamid's trap.

Hamid's Alchemy 1d8 (8), sorry aced 1d8+8 = 11 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

Damage if fail 3d6 (3, 6, 6) Acid Corrosion will potentially destroy gear per SWD.
Really not good here + 2d6 (5, 3)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:11 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Agility 28
Agility 1d10+2 = 12 (10) Ace 1d10 (10) Ace 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Keeping a good distance between himself and the trapped door, Aronan recalls his lessons from the Way of Kor: Fluid like water

Poking the trap a huge gout of flame erupts from the door. Moving with lithe and grace that would make a cat blush the Korindian steps out of the way with a surreal calmness and serenity.

"I believe it is safe to pass now."

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
The three thugs inside the building drop their weapons and start backing against the wall where the wait for more orders not wanting to get killed. The remaining two outside take off and are gone before much can be done about it.

Suddenly as Hamid is heading out the rear door with Tieronar right behind him his fear and adrenaline driving him full bore, he tosses open the door and turns as he runs out the door throwing another potion back at Tieronar. But as he tosses it the concoction instead fumbles from his hand and breaks against the door jam hurting no one.
OOC Comments
Throwing 1d8 (1)
Throwing Wild 1d6 (3)
    If it hits 2d6 (2, 4) Damage

As Tieronar looks out before attempting to dive to safety he sees four more armed men ready to come in the door. Hamid says to them. "Kill it, kill it. That thing is trying to kill me."
Luckily only two of them can get in the opening to attack blocking access for the others.
OOC Comments
Thug 1 Fighting 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 9 (3)
    For 2d6 (1, 1) if it hits

Thug 2 Fighting 1d6 (5)
    For 2d6 (1, 4) if it hits

Thug 3 and Thug 4 on hold

Upstairs Aronan and Lysennia can see the window open and may chose to either search the room or assume that the sorcerer fled through the window.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
notice 1d6 (6)
ace 1d6 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (6)
ace 1d6 (1)


Bradon chased after Tieronar, leaving Anglis and Danyar to finish off the thugs

"Follow when you can

OOC Comments
6+ 1d6 (1)


but found a few more blocking his way.

"Like that is it then," Bradon said to them, not stopping, but sinking his blade into one of them, skewering him, with a flick of his wrist.

Fighting 15
Damage 12
OOC Comments
1d8 (8)
1d8 (7)
1d6 (3)

2d6 (4, 4) 1d4 (4)


"3 vs 2 is far better odds than 4 on 1 eh Tieronar?" he smiled at his friend

Parry 8 Toughness 6


Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 2 Fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Remove Shaken 4 Success
Spirit 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (4)


The thug’s blow winded Angis, but didn’t manage to harm him. The tough dwarf shook it off just as an explosion rocked the room from the door through which Hamid had escaped. Everyone ran off, leaving Danyar and Angis behind with the remaining thugs, who all dropped their weapons.

“Bah! Stuck wi’ babysittin’!” the dwarf complained, sheathing his dagger and pulling his axe and shield, just in case. “Danyar, grab those papers from the desk tha’ ‘amid tried to burn,” he ordered. “Moight be somethin’ there. I’ll tie up these jokers.”

Angis pulled the rope from his pack and ordered the three thugs to sit on the floor back to back before tying them securely.

OOC Comments
Guess Angis is out of the fight, so we’ll search around the tent as well, I guess.

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Heroes may act in any order
Heroes Initiative: 1d54 (26) Ace of Hearts
Villains Initiative: 1d54 (38) King of Clubs

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=962&p=25182#p25182

While Hamid continues his escape the three thugs left at the door realize the burly and sour dwarf and the brinchie are two terrifying threats and back themselves a bit forcing a bottleneck so all three of them can attack who ever tries to come through the door first. "Which of you is ready to die first?" The biggest of the thugs asks as he prepares a wicked looking blade that drips with a thick blackish green fluid.
Meanwhile the thugs in the main area of the shop are cooperating with the arrest attempt apparently cowed an valuing their life more than escape. The ones outside have made their escape and are either out of the picture or getting more help. One can never know.
The room leading up to the sorcerer shows open windows and a slight breeze as the sorcerer apparently escaped the ruckus rather than risk himself.






You may post whenever you would like. I will post for the remaining or living bad guys on Wednesday.

Moving into the door way towards the thug will allow their leader a First Strike.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Her senses slowly returning to normal, Lysennia attracts Aronan's attention, indicating he should check the window. Likely the sorceror had fled. At least if he had any sense, yet for some reason, perhaps her still somewhat clouded head, something felt a little off.
She looks around the room for any indcations there might be another exit, maybe a trapdoor into a loft or some such, or perhaps a wall making the room seem foreshortened.
Notice
Notice = 1d6 (4) +2 (-3), Wild Die = 1d6 (6)+2(-3), Ace = 1d6 (1) = Total = 6 (Success barring penalties)


She then reaches out with her other senses feeling the ebb and flow of the aether around her. Searching for any anomolies that might indicate the presence of a concealed sorceror.
Detect Arcana
1d12 (4)+2(-3), Wild Die = 1d6 (6)+2(-3), Ace = 1d6 (3), Total = 8 (Success with raise barring penalties)

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:
She then reaches out with her other senses feeling the ebb and flow of the aether around her. Searching for any anomolies that might indicate the presence of a concealed sorceror.
Detect Arcana
Original post: 1d12 (4)+2(-3), Wild Die = Original post: 1d6 (6)+2(-3), Ace = Original post: 1d6 (3), Total = 8 (Success with raise barring penalties)

As Lysennia's mind shifts her awareness she suddenly sees the edge of the sorcerer's aura hidden in the room as he prepares to get the drop on Aronan. She knows instantly that if she does not say something the sorcerer will be able to shoot him completely unawares.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
As the thugs back against the wall, Danyar kicks their weapons away. "I want all your weapons tossed over into the corner. I don't want us to find anything on you, understand?"

After they toss all their weapons: "Now all of you lay on your stomachs with your hands behind your backs and your legs crossed." As they lay down I will search each one keeping short sword in one hand and patting them down with my other. I watch the others as I search for any movement.

Notice
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (1)

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
As Lysennia's mind shifts her awareness she suddenly sees the edge of the sorcerer's aura hidden in the room as he prepares to get the drop on Aronan. She knows instantly that if she does not say something the sorcerer will be able to shoot him completely unawares.


"Aronan, 'ware behind you. The wizard seeks to strike from concealment", Lysennia shouts a warning, whilst snatching up an empty alchemists flask from a nearby packing crate and hurling it in the direction of the hidden sorceror.

OOC Comments
Not even going to roll for the throw. I absolutely don't expect Lysennia to be able to hit the broad side of a barn with anything except a bolt. It's just a distraction.

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Left Claw 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (2)
+1 Gangup Bonus
If it hits: Damage 2d6 (4, 2)

Right Claw 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)
If it hits 2d6 (1, 6)
2d6 (4, 3)


Tier dodges the potion from Hamid, ducking aside to avoid the alchemical missile. Scrambling to follow, he suddenly encounters the first pair of thugs rushing to the Alchemist's aid.

As the first man attempts to strike, Tieronar bats the thugs's arm aside while pressing forward with his momentum, causing the blow to miss the Brinchie.

The second thug manages to strike the Brinchie, but Tieronar's lunge into the thug's partner causes the blade to glace harmlessly off the explorer's armor.

Before Tieronar can react, Bradon's blow drops the second thug, leaving the wanderer an opening.

"Much better odds," the feline says to Bradon, "I can always count on you. Besides, with two of us and only three of them, they are already outnumbered."

Continuing to push the first man aside, Tier brings his claw down to tear into the man's flesh.
OOC Comments
Shaken


The Brinchie lashes out at one of the other assassin's moving in to strike, but his claws fall short.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Grady's First Strike against Tieronar.
OOC Comments
Fighting 1d8+1 = 8 (7)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7 (6) Random extra stuff 1d6+7 = 9 (2)
Damage if Hit 1d6 (4) + 1d4 (3) AP 1

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Spend 1 Benny

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:26 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:
"Aronan, 'ware behind you. The wizard seeks to strike from concealment", Lysennia shouts a warning, whilst snatching up an empty alchemists flask from a nearby packing crate and hurling it in the direction of the hidden sorceror.


Notice 5
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Without thinking twice Aronan spins around, crouched low in a Kor-In monkey stance. He swiftly swings his staff in a wide arc to hit anything within a few feet of him (+1" reach). While he hits home, the searching blow doesn't carry deadly force, instead Aronan attempts to subdue the culprit without killing him. Having given a warning blow, Aronan offers the sorcerer a chance to surrender, "Surrender yourself in the name of the King."

Fighting 6, Damage (Non-Lethal) 12
1d10 (8)
1d6 (1)
Extra Effort: 1d6 (2)
Total: 10-4 = 6

Non Lethal Damage 2d6 (4, 1) = 5
Benny
Non Lethal Damage 2d6 (6, 3) Ace: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 2 Fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

With the thugs in the shop secure, Angis heard fighting coming from the rear. He gave a dwarven roar and hefted his axe, rushing to the back. He bowled into the melee, shield leading, and slashed viciously with his dwarven axe.

Fighting 9 Raise
Fighting 1d10+1 = 4 (3)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Extra Effort 1d6 (5)


Damage 7
AP 1
1d10 (1) + 1d8 (1) + 1d6 (5)


***

Conditions

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (6)#
Ace 1d6 (2)
Wild dice 1d6 (5)

"It would be a lot less painful for you if you surrendered right now." as he stabbed at the Ganger in front of them so that they could team up on the leader, but failed to hurt him.

Fighting
1d8 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (3)
EE 1d6 (1)

1d6 (2) 1d4 (2) never mind

Parry 8 Toughness 6(1)
Bennies 3/3 was 4/3


Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
First Strike on Angis as he comes into melee range, Fail
Fighting 1d8+0 = 6 (6)
Fighting Wild 1d6+0 = 2 (2)
Damage if it Hits 1d6 (4) + 1d4 (4)

The Thug Angis attacked is Shaken.

Arbitrarily ruling that Tieronar and Angis block First strike from Bradon


The thugs in the main shop cooperate fully with Danyar and turn over their weapons as asked. As he searches them for gear he finds the first one has nothing of note on him excepting a few rilks.
Tieronar's slashing claws stun the nearest of the thungs allowing the opening the dwarf seized as he ran through, but the speed of the thug's leader is amazing and he manages a couple of brief strikes against both combatants as they come forward.
The slash on Tieronar is shallow but painful as the brinchie hardens his will from the pain and continue the assault.
As Angis runs in the leader of the thugs moves with lightning quick reflexes slashing quickly at Angis. Unfortunately the blow was unable to land a solid hit and only scratches the burly dwarf.
Unperturbed by the blow the dwarfs return on the thug to the right left the man dazed from the pain as he stumbled back.
Bradon coming forward launches a skilled attack on the second of the thugs. However his hardened street life allows him to resist the blows effect without wincing.
Meanwhile upstairs Lysennia notices the trap being laid and lets out a warning enough for Aronan not to be ambushed and instead turn the tide as he launches out an attack. Unfortunately the attack is deflected aside by the enchantments in the staff the sorcerer is using.




Thug Unshakes
Outside Thug 1 roll to unshake 1d4 (4)

Gemin seeing the odius fey closing on him quickly react to deflect the blow. "No amount of money is worth my life." He says followed by a series of strange and archaic words. suddenly a series of glowing bolts race out of the nothingness where he is standing lancing out at Aronan. The blast hits Aronan square in the chest as he is unable to defend the unseen source and knocks him back the burns fuzzing his vision.

Aronan is Shaken from the attack, Gemin goes out the window
Multi Action Penalty -2, Proficiency +2 = d12 wash.
Spellcasting Bolt 1d12 (3) 6 total = Miss parry 9 in melee
Spellcasting Bolt 1d12 (7) 10 total = Hit parry 9 in melee
    Damage 2d6 (2, 6) Ace 1d6+8 = 9 (1)
Spellcasting Bolt 1d12 (5) 8 total = Miss parry 9 in melee
Wild Die 1d6 (4)
Extra Effort 1d6 (2)

If Aronan is shaken from attack he runs and jumps through the window.

Agility roll to escape through Window -2 for AMP
Agility 1d6 (3)
Agility Wild 1d6 (2)
Extra Effort 1d6 (3)
Hamid does not even look back as he continues running and turning out of sight into the city. It is doubtful he will ever been seen again with such a head start.

Grady has seen this before and rather than waste time fighting the dwarf directly he slashes his sword as if to take out the dwarves eyes. When the dwarf flinches he nods for his man to make his move. As soon as he does the two thugs focus their effort on the dwarf's giant head slashing at his exposed bits of flesh. As the blows land on the dwarf Grady finishes with a blow to the dwarfs arm pit. But the series of blows and attacks deflect harmlessly off of the dwarf as his born to battle nature is easily able to parry all but one of them and even that lone blow hardly rattled him at all.

Grady's Smarts Trick
Smarts 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (5)

Then he slashes with his Parrying Dagger at the Dwarfs Under Arm
Fighting -2 Called Shot, Gang up +2, Potential from Trick -2 Parry TBD
Fighting 1d8 (3) = Miss
Fighting Wild 1d6 (5) = Miss

Thugs Called Shot for Head -4, Gang up +2, Potential From Trick up to -2 Parry TBD
Thug 1 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace 1d6+4 = 9 (5)
    A Solid Blow for 2d6+0 = 5 (3, 2) Damage

Thug 2 1d6-2 = 0 (2) = Miss

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Initiative

Heroes 1d54 (50) Queen Clubs
Cowards 1d54 (37) Queen Diamonds


In fairness i will post for the villains tomorrow. And player posting before them will go before them as if a higher card was drawn.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

Smarts 4 Fail
Smarts 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Angis flinched back as one of the thugs swiped at his eyes with a dagger. It briefly put the dwarf off balance, and one of the thugs gave him a nasty slice along the temple with the dagger, but Angis barely noticed.

The dwarf had the lay of the fight, though. He knew who was in charge.

“My turn, boyos,” Angis said with a wicked grin. He focused on the thug’s leader, swinging his axe, landing a solid blow.

Fighting 11 Raise
+1 Gang Up (Tieronar)
Fighting 1d10+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Benny to Extra Effort 1d6 (5)


Damage 10 1 Wound
AP 1
1d10 (2) + 1d8 (4) + 1d6 (4)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:05 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Bradon stabbed the ganger again scratching him but failing to penetrate his armour.

I need another weapon he thought eying the sabre on the floor

Fighting 1d8 (7)
Wild dice 1d6 (2)

1d6 (5) 1d4 (1)


Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Benny to unshake
Notice 20
Notice 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (5)

Fighting 12 Damage 17
1d10-4 = 5 (9)
1d6-4 = 2 (6) Ace: 1d6 (2)
Extra Effort: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (1)
Damage: 3d6 (6, 5, 4) Ace: 1d6 (2)


The sudden blast to his chest nearly stuns Aronan, but training in the Way of Kor prepares one for sudden shocks. Standing under waterfalls near Han'Dakor, taking blunt blows from sticks and staves, and just the plain beatings from learning Kor-In with other students all help Aronan shake off the blow, despite its ferocity. The invisible foes poses a problem also, but many Kor-In initiates learn to fight and defend themselves blindfolded in order to develop other senses and feel the flow of combat. While Aronan is no blind fighting expert like the masters he knows enough to track back the bolt to its origin and lash out quickly.

Hearing the shuffle of feet toward the window, Aronan swings his staff again, this time with more more powerful blow, then he attempts to stop the sorcerer from fleeing by moving in front of the window to block it.

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Random Stuff
As Gemin was shaken from the attack it required a Benny to unshake during his own turn. I only have three and need those for the next adventure, so Gemin is out of luck. This means he could not make the agility roll at -2 to get out without trouble. So he will take 1d6 falling damage and be left prone.

Falling Damage 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6 (3)
Character is knocked prone.
Gemin is knocked hard on the head and his vision blurs. Staggering a bit he goes for the window but with his head fuzzy he tumbles out more so than jumps. A thud and groan of pain can be heard from outside as lands.

Brady's Vigor Roll
Vigor 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Brady had taken some blows before. Growing up on the streets that can happen. But this was nothing he was interested in and a the axe cuts him he barely is able to twist in time to make it only a cut. "Time for snakes to be birds boys" He says...
Suddenly the boys in unison tackle the burly little dwarf. Their knives slashing into him with fervor as they decide to put everything they have into it. As they tackle on to him one of the thugs swords come in hard right at Angis' guts. As he is dazed from the blow the thugs all take off running in different directions with Brady and one of the unknown thugs heading up the ally towards the street, while the two other thugs are heading in the direction Hamid went.
Angis hit for 2 wounds
Thugs gang up +2 and wild attacks +2, MAP for running -2 = +2 in roll (already included)
Thug 1 Fighting [Deleted, did not happen, failed spirit check]
Thug 2 Fighting 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace 1d6+8 = 12 (4)
    Damage 3d6+2 = 13 (6, 2, 3) Ace 1d6+13 = 19 (6) Ace 1d6+19 = 20 (1)

Brady Fighting 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Brady Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Edit forgot Thug 1 was shaken by Bradon so
Thug 1 Spirit Roll 1d4 (3)

Running Die 1d6 (2)


Bradon may take a free attack on Thug 1 as he moves out of combat.
Tieronar may take a free attack on Thug 2 as he moves out of combat.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Bradon took a stab as he tried to run but was unsuccessful.

Fighting 1d8 (3)
1d6 (3)


Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
Gemin is knocked hard on the head and his vision blurs. Staggering a bit he goes for the window but with his head fuzzy he tumbles out more so than jumps. A thud and groan of pain can be heard from outside as lands.


Peering out the window and seeing roughly where the magician landed Aronan takes no chances and hops out after him, holding his staff at the ready rather than hitting him while he is down "If you yield and cooperate I will intercede to the king to show leniency."

Agility 11
1d10 (1)
1d6 (5)

Sigh: Benny

1d10 (10) Ace: 1d10 (3) Total: 13-2 = 11
1d6 (6)

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Venatus Vinco wrote:
RFT wrote:
Gemin is knocked hard on the head and his vision blurs. Staggering a bit he goes for the window but with his head fuzzy he tumbles out more so than jumps. A thud and groan of pain can be heard from outside as lands.


Peering out the window and seeing roughly where the magician landed Aronan takes no chances and hops out after him, holding his staff at the ready rather than hitting him while he is down "If you yield and cooperate I will intercede to the king to show leniency."

Agility
Original post: 1d10 (1)
Original post: 1d6 (5)

Sigh: Benny

Original post: 1d10 (10)
Original post: 1d6 (6)


Becoming visible and holding his empty hands in the air Gemin says "I yield, I yield." The look of fatigue and pain on his face is pretty evident as he lays there trying to catch his breath.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
Random Stuff
[ooc=Brady's Vigor Roll]Vigor Original post: 1d8 (4)
Wild Die Original post: 1d6 (6)
Brady had taken some blows before. Growing up on the streets that can happen. But this was nothing he was interested in and a the axe cuts him he barely is able to twist in time to make it only a cut. "Time for snakes to be birds boys" He says...
Suddenly the boys in unison tackle the burly little dwarf. Their knives slashing into him with fervor as they decide to put everything they have into it. As they tackle on to him one of the thugs swords come in hard right at Angis' guts. As he is dazed from the blow the thugs all take off running in different directions with Brady and one of the unknown thugs heading up the ally towards the street, while the two other thugs are heading in the direction Hamid went.
Angis hit for 2 wounds
Thugs gang up +2 and wild attacks +2, MAP for running -2 = +2 in roll (already included)
Thug 1 Fighting [Deleted, did not happen, failed spirit check]
Thug 2 Fighting Original post: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace Original post: 1d6+8 = 12 (4)
Brady Fighting Original post: 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Brady Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Edit forgot Thug 1 was shaken by Bradon so
Thug 1 Spirit Roll Original post: 1d4 (3)

Running Die Original post: 1d6 (2)


Bradon may take a free attack on Thug 1 as he moves out of combat.
Tieronar may take a free attack on Thug 2 as he moves out of combat.


OOC Comments
Free Strike w/ Gangup 1d8+1 = 3 (2)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
If hits Damage 2d6 (2, 4)

Vs Thugs on Angis
Thug 2 Right Claw w/ Gangup 1d8+1 = 7 (6)
Wild w/Gangup 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
IF hits: Damage 2d6 (2, 3)

Thug 1 (or another Thug if Bradon takes his out) Left Claw 1d8+1 = 8 (7)
Wild 1d6+1 = 4 (3)
Damage 2d6 (1, 1)


As the Thugs move to attack Angis, Tieronar lashes out, temporarily shaking the man. Though he manages to strike twice again, the Thug's armor absorbs his blows.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 1 Crit fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

Soak 5 1 Wound
Benny to Soak
Vigor 1d12 (1)
Wild 1d6 (3)
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 (2)


Angis grunted in pain as one of the thugs got his sword up under his armor, scraping across his gut. The dwarf gritted his teeth and growled angrily, ignoring the blood spilling from under his armor. He said some colorful things about their mothers as he struck back at the gang leader, striking hard, but not getting through his armor, sending Grady staggering back a few steps.

Fighting 9 Success
+2 Gang Up (Tieronar, Bradon)
Fighting 1d10+3 = 9 (6)
Wild 1d6+3 = 6 (3)


Damage 7 Shaken; GM Edit: Grady Spent one of his personal bennies to keep running
AP 1
1d10 (4) + 1d8 (3)


***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (6)


Agility
Agility 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (1)


After searching the thugs, Danyar binds their hands and feet. After that, he goes out the back door to see where his comrades have gone. He sheaths his sword and brings out his Bow ready for action.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Angis Ironheart wrote:
Notice 1 Crit fail
Notice Original post: 1d4 (1)
Wild Original post: 1d6 (1)


***

Soak 5 1 Wound
Benny to Soak
Vigor Original post: 1d12 (1)
Wild Original post: 1d6 (3)
Benny for Extra Effort Original post: 1d6 (2)


Angis grunted in pain as one of the thugs got his sword up under his armor, scraping across his gut. The dwarf gritted his teeth and growled angrily, ignoring the blood spilling from under his armor. He said some colorful things about their mothers as he struck back at the gang leader, striking hard, but not getting through his armor, sending Grady staggering back a few steps.

Fighting 9 Success
+2 Gang Up (Tieronar, Bradon)
Fighting Original post: 1d10+3 = 9 (6)
Wild Original post: 1d6+3 = 6 (3)


Damage 7 Shaken; GM Edit: Grady Spent one of his personal bennies to keep running
AP 1
Original post: 1d10 (4) + Original post: 1d8 (3)


***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)


OOC Comments
Nice description Angis!

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
Becoming visible and holding his empty hands in the air Gemin says "I yield, I yield." The look of fatigue and pain on his face is pretty evident as he lays there trying to catch his breath.


"Very well," Aronan replies while still keeping his guard up. He moves to disarm the sorcerer, as much as one can disarm someone who controls the power of essence. "On your feet and we shall see what is happening. If you wish I can look at your wounds."

Healing 4
1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (4)

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:22 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Gemin has trouble standing. He is obviously injured very severely from the blow to his head and his ankle from the fall. It takes him several attempts to get to his feet, but eventually he does.

OOC Comments
I do not count armor for falls, so he is mechanically at incapacitated. This means he cannot perform any useful or combat actions at all and will suffer -3 to everything. A healing roll on him would be at -3

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As the battle comes to a conclusion you find the wizard Gemin falls unconscious from the pain of his injuries and the attempts of Aranon to heal him. With Hamid and the thugs having made a fast escape you know healing Gemin and asking him questions is the best hope for success.
The thugs remaining when questioned know nothing of use as they were only told about half an hour ago that you guys would be coming down here to snoop around and where offered some coin to bruise you up good and make sure you did not come back.

Healing Gemin
To revive him with require a healing roll at -3.
There are 50 minutes left in the hour which will allow 5 attempts before the Golden Hour is up and he will be beyond your skills to aid.

Interrogation & Role Play
It is time to move back to investigation, interrogation and role play. The thugs will not know anything of use.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 1 Crit fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

With the thugs running, Angis wasn’t in much of a position to give chase. He was still staunching a bleeding belly wound. Luckily his guts weren’t hanging out, but it still hurt like flame and shadow!

Heading back inside, Angis took his frustration out on the remaining thugs, bruising them up a bit, but they didn’t seem to know anything. Just a bunch of no nothings rounded up for some muscle.

“Bah!” Angis snapped in frustration, kicking the last thug in the nose and sending him unconscious to the floor. “Bunch of useless idiots.”

The dwarf stalked back to where Gemin lay unconscious. “Looks like this one’s the only one with information,” he said. “Maybe someone should fetch a healer? Or at least by a healing kit?”

Angis knelt down beside the unconscious sorcerer to do the best he could. Unfortunately, the man’s injuries were beyond his meager medical skills.

Healing -1 Fail
-3 Gemin’s wounds
Healing 1d4-3 = -1 (2)
Wild 1d6-3 = -1 (2)


***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (2)
wild dice 1d6 (2)

Common Knowledge 1d8 (1)
Wild dice 1d6 (4)

Bradon rolled his eyes as they ran; Never simple is it he thought. He could go chasing after them, but considering many of his companions were wounded, best not to at this time.

Helping Anglis back to the shop, “If we want, I could try tracking them down.” Bradon offered. He thought he had the pulse of the city sussed out and could find the right people, even the Alchemist’s enemies perhaps.

“We should let the guards know so they can keep an eye out for him at the gates.”


He looked down at the unconscious Gremin. He couldn't help much, but he could get equipment.

“I think we need some magic on this man, though can he talk in his current condition? is there anything you can do to help Lysennia?”

OOC Comments
Whilst he may be incapacitated, the offer of healing if he talks should be an incentive to aiding our efforts
Streetwise 1d6 (3) to figure out where he went
Wild Dice 1d6 (1)

We are in a market, so we could buy a healing kit between us
Lysennia could cast boost trait on somebody uninjured with healing and let us get a chance of actually succeeding

Bennies 3/3 – transferred one over from last quarter thanks to his hindrances
Currently armed with rapier and left hand dagger – Parry 8


Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Lysennia comes up to where Angis and Aronan, and Bradon are stood over the subdued sorcerer. She walks a little stiffly, but refuses to betray quite how much pain she is still in.
"I'm sorry Bradon, my knowledge of the healing arts is passing at best. Given time and access to the right herbs and supplies, mayhap I could help him. It is likely however that there will be a palace physician, or perhaps priest who may be able to offer better aid."
She circles round he prone magician, taking in the details of his clothing, looking for anything that might betray his origin.

Notice
Notice = 1d6 (4), Wild Dice = 1d6 (1) (+2 Racial, -3 wounds)
Total = 5

"Who would have thought one little alchemist would have been worth such a retinue of bodyguards? It would seem we must have council and plan our next steps more carefully. Once this one is safely under lock and key that is."
"Indeed, there is much more here than a single man seeking gain. This feels like there are other players we do not yet see in the game", she thinks to herself.

Casually she waves a hand on the direction of the sorcerer.

Sense Arcana
Spirit Dice = 1d12 (1), Wild Dice = 1d6 (6), Ace = 1d6 (6), Ace = 1d6 (3) (+2 Racial vs Sorcery, -3 Wounds)
Total = 12 (14 vs Sorcery)
Checking if the sorcerer has any magical equipment we need to remove

The staff on the ground radiates in a pale violet colour to Lysennia's attuned senses.

"Interesting. . .", she murmurs, crouching to pick it up.
Slowly she turns it in her hands, trying to ascertain what manner manner of enchantment it held.
"Its power is clearly drawing on the aether, but how I wonder?"

Knowledge
Knowledge Magic = 1d8 (5), Wild Dice = 1d6 (5)

She frowns down at the staff.
"This, I will need to study further, perhaps after I am rested."

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Parry: 7 (2), Toughness: 4
Power Points Remaining: 5
Bennies: 2 (+1 Golden)
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 3


Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
"They knew we were coming. Very few in the Castle knew of our plans which means, the leak may be higher than common servants or there is a well established spy network within the walls. This is looking like a plan that has been set in motion years ahead of time. In addition to looking at members of the royal court, maybe we should also look at outside parties. What countries or organizations outside their borders would benefit?"

I will watch the area to see if the shop is being watched.

Notice 6
Notice 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (4)

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:03 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Sensing there may be a spy at the castle, Aronan suggests creating a makeshift headquarters in the alchemist's shop, "Let us move inside the shop and lock it up. We can conduct some questioning there and perhaps uncover a healing elixir."

Assuming no objections he helps Gemin move inside and sets him down on a chair. He briefly scans the shelves for anything useful.

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:56 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild dice 1d6 (1)

"Pity Lysennia," Bradon sighed, "could have used it."

Helping Aronan drag Gremin inside, he also set about looking for healing draughts or kits. They knew far too quickly; either the servants or even one of the people they spoke to.


Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As the adventurers start looking through the alchemist's abandoned shop for options they realize the jars and materials have been left unlabled as a manor of theft prevention. But some things are known to easily to those who have had need of them in the past.
With a little bit of time and effort you think you should be able to identify the right potion.




INSTRUCTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS
Your character's may roll 1 of the following to identify the healing potions in the inventory.
  1. Smarts -2
  2. Healing -1
  3. Knowledge (Magic)
Results
    Fail: There is just too much going on with all these ingredients. You do not have enough certainty to recommend drinking any of them.
    Success: You find a potion that you believe looks identical to a healing potion you have been exposed to in the past.
    Raise:Eureka! Not only did you find a potion you are certain must be a healing potion, but there are 1d3 identical potions laying side by side in the same box.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Angis poked around among the jars and vials with the others, sniffing concoctions until his head swam.

“Bah! This is useless! I cannae even make oot any sort o’ organization at all!” the dwarf grumped. He hoped the others had better luck.

Healing 2 Fail
-1 difficulty modifier
Healing 1d4-1 = 2 (3)
Wild 1d6-1 = 1 (2)


***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (3)
wild dice 1d6 (5)

Quickly scooping up one of the dropped sabres from the thugs, he tucked it in his belt, before he started hunting around the shop.

"Lysennia, what about this?" he held out a vial for her to confirm.

OOC Comments
Search smarts 7
smarts 1d8-2 = 2 (4)
wild dice 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

extra effort 1d6 (5)

bennies 2/3 remaining


Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)

Investigate 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Tieronar stalks angrily around the room, looking at the fallen thugs.

"Someone paid you to rough up some Investigators working for the King. And you thought that was a good idea?"

The Brinchie snarls and rushes one of the men. Tier bares his fangs and presses one claws paw against the thug's cheek.

"You had best give us an accurate description of who hired you or else we can turn this over to the people at the castle. They are very good at asking questions."

Frustrated, the Feline stands up and walsk out of the room, kicking a fallen pot across the room.

Slamming his paws down on the countertop, he mutters, "Sorry I let the others get away. should have kept after Hamid."

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:53 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
The thugs are fully intimidated and scared with no apparent resistance. They obviously know they are at your mercy and as you were able to send their boss running they definitely won't wont to cross you. "I don't know man. We just do what Grady says, Grady don't like questions or back talk and we don't give it to him."

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Walking up to the Thug that just spoke.

"Tell us everything you know about Grady and the others that got away. I want to know where he hangs out, who he talks to and if he has mentioned anyone of importance, has he traveled lately and all the jobs you pulled in the last year. You had better be fully accurate and forthcoming. Oh, I also want to know where you all meet. Cooperate fully and your future will look much brighter."

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Bradon’s search pays off as he finds what he is certain is a healing potion.
Importent
Mechanically this is a Healing Spell as if Cast with a Raise. This means imbibing the potion will heal 2 wounds even if the target is incapacitated.
SW-Fantasy Companion pg. 79 for basis of idea.


I need to know who you give the potion to. Gamin or Lysennia?


Danyar find the thugs have very little useful information for the situation in general. But they do know a little bit about Grady. “Grady’s da bes fighter there is. When he say gotta job ya doin da job. Always good coin.”
Still looking scared he says. “Thinkin he lives in Eon’Voltuh. But not knowin fur sure. He be here come on 3 months. Don’t be knowin where he be staying.”

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 68
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
Tieronar stops pacing, still tapping his boot on the floor in irritation.

"So. We know that Hamid provided some sort of...potion-thingee to interfere with the...Queen's...um...well. Anyway."

He looks at the others, obviously a bit nervous to be discussing Royalty in that manner.

"Looking around here, I don't think he did this by himself. And Our search has turned up little else in this place."

The Brinchie absentmindedly knocks an empty beaker off the table with a casual flip of his paw.

"And these vermin don't have much to offer us either. But we have two names now. Hamid and Grady. I think when we are done here, we should start running down some of the seedier parts of the city. Unless you think Hamid would have better places to go."

Tier scootches himself onto the counter where the beaker once sat, stretching his arms to lean back. The he looks down at his scarf, holding out one end as he rubs his palm against the soft weave.

"I mean. I'm not that versed on politics and nobility and such. But I know the importance of lineage. And who here has the power, the means, and the influence to go after the Queen? Who wants them to be without an heir? And who would use violence," he points towards the thugs, "To do it?"

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 6 (7) Bennies: 3+2+1/2 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
"I don't remember the King saying if he had any brothers or Sisters however, that would be on option. A member of the Kings family would inherit the throne if there wasn't an heir. If the King and Queen were killed in an accident or other ways, then if it isn't family I believe there is a Government official that would take over or the Royal families would go to war for succession. Any neighboring country would seize an opportunity like that to invade. I have too many ideas and we don't have the resources to track them all down. maybe we should split up and look for these two individuals."

_________________
Danyar
Parry 6
Toughness 7
Bennies 4/5
Gold Bennies1/1


Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

OOC Comments
Will Gemin revive on his own, given time? Or is he in danger of dying here in the shop? If he’s not in danger, I vote give the potion to Lyssenia, find a place to hole up with Gemin, and wait him out, then interrogate.


Angis looked at the thugs. “Grady is from Eon’Voltuh?”he asked. “Tha’ is a long way away from ‘ere.” He looked to his companions. “Tha’ sounds like ‘e might hae been brought in special f’r this. Moight be worth askin’ our patrons if they know o’ anyone wi’ ties to Eon’Voltuh.”

***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Angis Ironheart
Angis Ironheart, Dwarven Warrior
Parry: 8, Toughness: Melee 11 (3)/Ranged 13 (5)
Crossbow Ammo: 20
Combat Edges:
    Heart of Stone (Improved Arcane Resistance): 4 Armor vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
    Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
    Bennies: 0/3 + 1 Golden Bennie
    Adventure Cards:
    • Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Eugene Whitaker, Sierra Mackenzie


Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1367
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Kids table and will not die unless you try to move him

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies Baseline 4/7
  • -1 Extra Effort by Gargoylite to break free of Grapple rolled a 10
  • -1 Reroll Mysterious roll for uninvited guests
  • -1 Extra Effort on Notice for Initiative card

Shaintar Game Master Bennies Baseline 3/6
  • -1 For Hamid to Soak attack from That Swinging Cat Tieronar
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to Hit Aronan with Bolts.
  • -1 Extra Effort for Gemin to escape.


Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.