View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
 05 A Traitor Exposed & Adventure Closed? 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
With Gemin in tow and on your way to the castle the recruits head prepare for some potential trouble that may be coming. With the risk of an ambush to try and kill Gemin and knowing they were about to accuse Dantrenious the chief Steward or the castle of high treason everyone was on their highest guard.
Aronan offer to be dressed as Gemin as a way to ensure he makes it safely to the castle and the rest of the team maintains the highest alertness possible. The clothes are not a perfect fit as an athlete and a Korindian Aronan is in much better condition than Gemin, but the fit is close enough.
However there is little to know alarm raised and as the two groups arrive to the castle simultaneously they find that the guards are not yet alerted that there may be trouble. One of them even smiles and nods to the group as you come through the gate. “Welcome back.”
As you are taken to the main hall by the Sgt on duty you enter to find Briggael, Anabel, and Dantrenious are already entertaining company in the form of Frank and a Human female you have not met before.
At your entrance Dantrenious looks up and his eyes widen for the briefest of seconds.
Then with a few slight mumbled words he relaxes again and smiles at your audience.
Turning to see you enter as the Guard behind you announces you Frank and the royals smile. “Welcome, please come forward and join our conversation.” The queen says. Then seeing you have someone in tow adds. “Is this a random rogue you found or perhaps you have already found a lead? I was just telling Frank here how impressed I was with your presentation and timeliness.”

Reminders
Frank is the Grey Ranger Recruiter/Officer working with you guys.
King Briggael Velthana
Queen Anabel Velthana
Dantrenious The Grand Vazir and Court Sorcerer
Gemin The captured sorcerer in your custody.
Roll 8
A Subtle spell being cast
Spellcasting 1d12+1 = 5 (4)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
1 of 2 Personal Bennies to Reroll
Spellcasting 1d12+1 = 8 (7)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
2 of 2 Personal Bennies to Reroll
Spellcasting 1d12+1 = 3 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 6 (5)


EDIT GM Note: The spell being cast is actively being concealed from the payers. You may make a Knowledge (Magic) roll versus his 8 to identify the spell if your character has knowledge (magic).

Laura, you are on scene being introduced as a potential new recruit to the King and Queen.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:38 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Knowledge Magic: 1d8 (2)
Wild: 1d6 (4)

Notice: 1d6 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (3)


Who would have thunk me a city rat, here with royalty. Laura wakes from her daydream at the interruption of new people entering the chamber. She looks to everyone with excitement in her eyes at all the new people. She takes note of the spell being cast, trying not to let her face display her thoughts on the matter. She smiles waving at the newcomers then quickly puts her hand down when she realizes that might not be the thing to do in this setting.

_________________
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None


Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:20 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 116
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

Angis entered the room with the others, keeping a firm grip on Gemin, eying Dantrenious. He missed the spell being cast, though, as his gaze passed over Frank and the royal couple to the woman standing to the side, a human woman. She didn’t wear armor, and so wasn’t a guard. Her clothes weren’t fine enough to be one of the courtiers.

“Aye, we found a few things,” Angis told the king and queen. “Found the bloke wot’s been supplyin’ yer girl wi’ tha’ wee bit o’ magic she been castin’. ‘ad us a roight guid dustup in ‘is shop, tae, an’ ‘he go’ away, but we caught one o’ ‘is associates. An’ let me tell yeh, me king, ‘e sings like a pretty bird.” Angis grinned in his scruffy beard and stared right at Dantrenious. “Ye’re sittin’ roight next t’ the man responsible.”

Angis let his hand drift a bit to his axe, just in case Dantrenious was that stupid.

***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 5/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Cards:
    Let's Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.-USED
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:41 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (2)
Wild dice 1d6 (2)

Bradon arrived with the prisoner in tow with Angis, also missing the spell being cast.

“The source of your troubles is that man there" he pointed, hand on his newly acquired sabre ready to fight.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Nothing to See here
I totally forgot the target is allowed a Spirit to Resist
G's Spirit 1d8-3 = 2 (5)
Spirit Wild 1d6-3 = 3 (6)
Ace 1d6+3 = 7 (4)

Guard Notice 01 Invalid dice code!
Guard Notice 02 Invalid dice code!
Guard Notice 03 Invalid dice code!
Guard Notice 04 Invalid dice code!
Guard Notice 05 Invalid dice code!

Frank Spirit 1d6 (2)
Frank Spirit 1d6 (5)


King Spirit 1d8 (2)

Queen Spirit 1d6 (2)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Bennie Spent


Notice
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


As soon as Danyar enters the Main hall, he steps to the right just inside the door and scans the area for anything out of place. Seeing a new individual with the King, Queen and Frank makes him a little wary.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
At your entrance Dantrenious looks up and his eyes widen for the briefest of seconds.
Then with a few slight mumbled words he relaxes again and smiles at your audience.
Turning to see you enter as the Guard behind you announces you Frank and the royals smile. “Welcome, please come forward and join our conversation.” The queen says. Then seeing you have someone in tow adds. “Is this a random rogue you found or perhaps you have already found a lead? I was just telling Frank here how impressed I was with your presentation and timeliness.”


Detect Arcana
As we dicussed this is at will, no roll required to sense the magic being cast, only to identify it.

"'ware magic! Protect the King and Queen.", hisses Lysennia already reaching for the aether around her.
Skin tingling with undischarged energy Lysennia searches for the signature of the spell.

Knowledge Magic Roll
Knowledge Magic = 1d8 (3), Wild Die = 1d6 (4)
Benny Reroll = 1d8 (5)
Golden Benny = +4, Eldakar = +2, Sorcery = +2, Wounds = -2
Total Knowledge Magic Roll = 11!

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Novice Eldakar Druid (16xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 0/10
Bennies: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Card: Focus - Play this card to gain +4 on any single oppossed roll. Or if the character is an Adept the bonus is +6.


Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As Lysennia is watching the going on only her eldakar alertness and training brings things together. Spotting the slight and subtle gestures of Dantrenious's hands she realizes he just cast some sort of spell as her mind works at the problem it takes her only a fifth of a minute to realize what it was she saw. Dantrenious must have a much deeper understanding of the applications of magic than he portrayed when claiming unable to help the queen. He was using necromancy to simultaneously control the minds of all the people in the area he stepped away from and conceal his own arcane efforts from your view.
The magic reaches out and can be seen to settle solidly on the collected audience including Frank, the Royals, and Gemin. Their words of wanting to hear the testimony are only theater being crafted by Dantrenious to put you the players off guard.

OOC Comments
You roll was actually a 9 as this is Necromancy and the +2 for being a Sorcerer does not apply. Still a success.

Super Secret Roll 1d6 (4) Wild 1d6 (5)
Benny to reroll
Super Secret Roll 1d8 (5) Wild 1d6 (6) + 1d6 (5)


Contingent if players start something
If it goes down...
Dantrenious (King, Queen) 1d54 (17) or 1d54 (16)
- [Parry 7(1), Toughness 10 (4), Wild Card 0 Personal Bennies]
Frank 1d54 (20)
Guard 1d54 (18) (Only 1 made Notice Roll)
Angis 1d54 (22)
Aronan 1d54 (45)
Bradon 1d54 (27)
Danyar 1d54 (50)
Laura 1d54 (3)
Lysennia 1d54 (41)
Tieronar 1d54 (35)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
RFT wrote:
As Lysennia is watching the going on only her eldakar alertness and training brings things together. Spotting the slight and subtle gestures of Dantrenious's hands she realizes he just cast some sort of spell as her mind works at the problem it takes her only a fifth of a minute to realize what it was she saw. Dantrenious must have a much deeper understanding of the applications of magic than he portrayed when claiming unable to help the queen. He was using necromancy to simultaneously control the minds of all the people in the he stepped away from and conceal his own arcane efforts from your view.
The magic reaches out and can be seen to settle solidly on the collected audience including Frank, the Royals, and Gemin. Their words of wanting to hear the testimony are only theater being crafted by Dantrenious to put you the players off guard.


"Foul necromancy!", shouts Lysennia.
"He subverts their will to his own. Those who should be our allies turned against us"

Mind racing Lysennia tries to come up with a plan that will help. Should she take on the wizard directly or help her friends?
Jaw set, she makes her decision, though this is going to take all of her remaining strength.
She plants her feet and imploring the aether to not desert her now and prepares to cast.

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Novice Eldakar Druid (16xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 0/10
Bennies: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Card: Focus - Play this card to gain +4 on any single oppossed roll. Or if the character is an Adept the bonus is +6.


Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Notice
Notie 1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Aronan's hackles go up at the cry of necromancy. He is unsure what to do given the presence of the King's guards and advisors.

"Dantrenious. Surrender and release your hold on any in this palace lest you face the justice of Kor."

Intimidate 12 (free action)
Intimidate 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Golden Benny: +4
Adventure Card: Face Off: Play this card to gain +4 on any one Intimidation or Taunt roll, which becomes a free action for the turn, or play this card to gain +4 Charisma for a single roll.
Extra Effort: 1d6 (3)
Total: 12


Unsure his demand will be accepted, Aronan readies for a fight, and seeing only obstinance the Korindian swings his staff in a mighty blow aimed at disrupting whatever magics the necromancer might be sustaining.

Fighting 17 Damage 10
Fighting 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (4)

Benny
Fighting 1d10 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (3)
+2 from intimidate

Damage: 2d6 (4, 2)
Raise: 1d6 (4)

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Combat is starting, everyone can see from the look in his face violence is going to happen!

Initiative is going to be divided into Before and after.

The Following players go before Dantrenious: Post by the 19th.
Danyar 1d54 (50) QD
Angis 1d54 (22) 10H
Tieronar 1d54 (35) 10C
Aronan 1d54 (45) 7D



Then the NPCs wool go: Post by the 22nd.
Frank 1d54 (20) 8H (moved to NPC block for speed of play) (adjacent to players)
Guard 1d54 (18) 6H (Arranged around the room. Four at entrance and two near the throne)
Dantrenious (King, Queen) 5H (far away near exit past the throne about 9" from group so within range of all attacks, melee would require running 8" to close.)


Finally the following players will go: Even if no post go by the 22nd
Laura 1d54 (3) 4S
Lysennia 1d54 (41) 3D
Bradon 1d54 (27) 2C

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
Danyar standing just inside the door is surprised at his companions sudden cry of Necromancy. Not sure who, he notches his bow and holds his action to see who exactly Aronan attacks.

(Danyar will hold his attack action until just after Aronan)

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 120
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 (2)

Wild 1d6 (3)


"Necromancy"

Tieronar hesitates for only a moment, his own reservations about Dark Magic giving him pause. (Paws?)

However, the restless rage in him steels the Brinchie's will, and Tier calls upon the past heroes of his family to grant him strength and honor.

OOC Comments
Playing Spirit of the Elders


"This is it," the feline cries as he launches himself across the floor at the Necromancer.

OOC Comments
Pace 8

Two Strikes (Spirit of the Ages gives him +2 to Agility related trait rolls. I assume this applies to Fighting?)

Left Paw 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Explosion 1d8 (2)

Total 10 (Plus any Gangup)

Right Paw 1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Benny Reroll

Paw 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Total 8 (plus any Gangup)


Plus any Gangup

If a Hit: Left 2d6 (4, 6) Explosion 1d6 (5) Wild 1d6 (1) total 16 Damage
Right 2d6 (2, 5) Total 7 Damage

[dice][/dice]
1d6 (3)

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+3+1/3 +3+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Spirit of The Elders
Play this card to gain +2 to Agility and Agility related Trait rolls for the rest of the scene; if played by a Brenchie, your agility dies goes up by one for the scene as well.


So yes the way I interpret it this will affect Agility and all agility related skills including Fighting.

Unable to get enough distance from the adventurers before things went south Dantrenious finds himself under assault from the Brenchie. The blows landing stun him with pain as he stumbles back. "How dare you! I am a servant of the King, guards, guards!"

OOC Comments
Roll to resist Intimidation
Smarts d10, Spirit d10, 1d10+2 = 11 (9)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) + 1d6 (4)

Dantrenious is Shaken


Aronan's blows on the Dantrenious immediately following while he is still reeling from the pain of the first blow leaves him stumbling back even further. The shock of the blow is enough to snap his mind to clarity from the previous blow.

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d8 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Success, = No longer shaken


Angis is next then the NPC's will go. or the NPCs will just go on Thursday.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 116
Reply with quote
Notice 2 Fail
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

At Lyssenia’s cry of “Necromancy!” Angis leapt to alertness. He glanced at Gemin, but he was firmly in hand. He looked at the girl standing to the side. Was it her? Was she in league with the steward? The rest in the room were royals or guards.

“Bluidy well tell me who’s castin’ the magic, she-elf!” the dwarf growled.

Tieronar and Arodan went charging across the room at Dantrenious.

“I’ll get th’other one!” Angis yelled, charging at the woman. He’d bloody well cut her hands off. Then she wouldn’t be casting any magic!

The heavy dwarf launched himself at Laura. “Foul necromancer! I’ll ‘ave yer ‘eart, witch!”

Tackle 9
Fighting 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

Conditions
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 5/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Cards:
    Let's Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.-USED
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:25 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As the team moves into action the the King shouts out “Guards, Guards!” Then he moves his body while also pulling her behind him to access and protect his true love.
OOC Comments
The king moves to disengage, I am sure the players will not take free attacks on the king and queen even while under mind control so they are seperated from the team.

The guards draw their weapon and move forward to the room. The two on the north side of the door are able to move themselves to protect the roayles, but unfortunatly the others find the hostile adventurers in the way and try to disarm them with the command. “Drop your weapons villains you may will live.”
Meanwhile the two guards guarding the back entrance move forward ready to protect the steward and seeing him already under assault do not delay and attack the assailants with the side of their weapons to disable them without killing them.
OOC Comments
Readying their weapons counts as an action for the guards. They are slightly confused what is going on so they are going on the defensive and moving past the heroes to interpose between the king and queen.
Remaining two move and cover Bradon and Danyar
If Bradon moves or attacks he will take
Fighting 1d8-2 = 4 (6) for Damage 2d8 (4, 1) As a disarm you may roll Strength to resist.
If Danyar moves or attacks he will take
Fighting 1d8-2 = 1 (3) for Damage 2d8 (6, 8) As a disarm you may roll Strength to resist.
Aronan
Fighting 1d8-2 = -1 (1) for Damage 2d8 (2, 8) Non-lethal.
Tieronar
Fighting 1d8-2 = 6 (8) Ace 1d8+6 = 12 (6) for Damage 2d8 (5, 1) Non-lethal.

Meanwhile Frank his mind not his own, moves forward ready to kill the dwarf wrestling with Laura. “Get off her.”
OOC Comments
Frank’s stats are basically a Rover from Shaintar page 174.
Being Mind Controlled Sucks and Frank will attack Angis on the ground with a Wild Attack. +2 to hit and damage
Fighting 1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Fighting Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
For 1d8+2 = 7 (5) damage

Dantrenious hates being cornered by two beings so closely and holds his staff defensively to the best of his ability. "Stay back foul assassins or your fate will be sealed" Then mumbling some arcane words the staff his the ground with a thud and his body is suddenly sheathed in a aura of black arcane fire. The aura is so terrifying that you believe being burned by it could risk your soul.
OOC Comments
Glorified Necromancer Casts Damage Field on himself, Necromancy fear trapping.
Necromancy 1d12+1 = 13 (12) + Ace 1d12+13 = 15 (2)
Wild die 1d6+1 = 4 (3)

Gamin’s eyes glaze as he starts struggling to stand and fight against the heroes. It is obvious had he not been bound he would be attacking with the last of his magic. “Someone cut these bonds so that I may aid in the resistance!”

Map of the scene


Finally the following players will go
Laura 1d54 (3) 4S, technically already acted to knee Angis in the nards.
Lysennia 1d54 (41) 3D
Bradon 1d54 (27) 2C

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Avoid big dumb oaf
Fighting: 1d6 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (5)


Laura looks around confused about the scene happening in front of her. Then she notices a dwarf barreling across the room calling her a witch. With no time to react and caught unaware she is bowled over to the floor.

"What the!? .... I aint a witch! Who the hell are you people? Get off of me you oaf! Frank brought me here to look into some damn spell!"

Attempt at foot to groin for big dumb oaf.
-2 Called Shot?
Fighting: 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace: 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace: 1d6+4 = 9 (5)

Damage: 1d4 (2)

_________________
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None


Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 116
Reply with quote
GM EDIT: Did not happen this turn. Maybe next turn.
OOC Comments
Notice 5
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

Angis barely felt the woman’s foot ding his codpiece. “Is tha’ love tap all ye go’, lassie?” he jeered.

"What the--? I aint a witch! Who the hell are you people? Get off of me, you oaf! Frank brought me here to look into some damn spell!" the woman protested.

And then Dantrenious lit up with black fire.

“Oh, bluidy fock!” Angis muttered. “Ye’re no’ the necromancer!”

And then the ranger leader, Frank, charged at him with drawn sword. “Balls!” Angis grabbed the woman beneath him and rolled them both out of the way, and Frank’s sword bit into the floor where they had been.

Angis disentangled himself from the girl and stood up. “Are ye oot o’ ye’re bluidy mind, ranger?”

Angis unshipped his shield and strapped it to his arm, then slammed it into Frank to drive him back.

Shield Bash Push 0
MAP -2
Strength 1d10-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Damage 6
+3 large shield
1d10+3 = 6 (3)


***

Actions
Move: Stand up: 2”
Action 1: Equip shield
Action 2: Shield bash push, nonlethal (opposed Str roll), pushed 1” on success, 2” on raise
Move?: If Frank is pushed back and Angis is clear, he will retreat 3” toward Dantrenious.


Conditions
Armor 4 vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)
Bennies: 1/3 +1 Golden Benny

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 5/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Cards:
    Let's Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.-USED
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:03 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice 15
OOC Comments
1d6 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (1)
ace 1d6 (6)
ace 1d6 (3)


"Oh, shut up," he told Gremin, shoving him to the floor, before facing the guards.

"We're here to protect the King and Queen, the steward has been cursing them and is doing so right now. We have proof. Help us detain him, so this can be all sorted out." he spoke to the guards, trying to get them to help them stop the fighting.

Persuasion8
OOC Comments
1d6+1 = 6 (5)
wild dice 1d6+1 = 7 (6)
ace 1d6 (1)


Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
As the guards are called to action, Danyar turns to the guard approaching him and shoots to disarm him.

Shoot
Shoot[dice]1d8+1-2[/dice]
Wild[dice]1d8+1-2[/dice]

Shoot 1d8-1 = 3 (4)
Wild 1d6-1 = 5 (6)


Ace
Ace 1d6-1 = 0 (1)


Damage
Damage 2d6 (1, 1)


Bennie_Damage
Damage 2d6 (5, 5)

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:33 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
The stammered and conflicted look on the guards face make it obvious they still are unsure of the right thing to do, yet the guard on the left seems to believe Bradon as he nods a little. "The steward? You say Dantrenious is behind all of this?" He says as they continue to back away no longer threatening the party, instead he has his posture such that Dantrenious is now in his field of view.
The guard next to him on the right looks sideways for a second. "Are you insane? They will say anything, we must get the royals to safety."

The guard holding over Danyar finds himself disarmed easily as the arrow slashes through his hand. Dropping his sword with a cry of pain he gathers himself as he prepares for what must come next.


OOC Comments
Spirit to resist persuasion
Guard 1 1d6 (4) Moved from Uncooperative to Neutral
Guard 2 1d6 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4) Still actively Uncooperative

Strength roll to resist Disarm
Strength 1d8 (1)

Agility roll to come off of hold to interrupt Danyar
Agility 1d6 (2)


AS the scene heats up combat begins.
The Guards have a Joker and will interrupt any efforts against themselves or the royals. Otherwise they will continue moving towards evacuation.

Edit ignore that initiative.
I jumped the gun.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
"Too many variables, but all our opponents bar one are unwitting pawns", thinks Lysennia.
"Need to even the odds without killing anyone"

Drawing on every ounce of her remaining power Lysennia reaches out to her comrades, wishing them the skill to meet the challenge unfolding around them.
Spellcasting
Sorcery= 1d10 (2), Wild Dice= 1d6 (2)
BENNY Sorcery= 1d10 (10), Wild Dice= 1d6 (4), Ace= 1d6 (3) = 13 (-2 Wound Penalty) = 11
Successfully cast Boost Trait Fighting, with a Raise


She sweeps the room with an imperious gesture, a dull violet glow settling on each of her companions lightening their step , speeding their reflexes and hopefully helping to keep the chance of a mishap to a minimum.

EFFECTS
Danyar, Bradon, Aronan, and Tieronar +2 steps fighting (and commensurate Parry increase)

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Novice Eldakar Druid (16xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 0/10
Bennies: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Card: Focus - Play this card to gain +4 on any single oppossed roll. Or if the character is an Adept the bonus is +6.


Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
preserved rolls
1d4 (4)
1d4 (4)
1d4 (1)
1d6 (2)
1d10-2 = 2 (4)
1d6-2 = 4 (6)
1d6 (1)
1d6 (4)
1d10+3 = 8 (5)
1d6 (4)

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:54 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Top of Turn 02



The guards finally starting to clear their heads and fall under the command of their Captain look around. "Guards, leave the other's and protect the King!" The shout from the captain was enough for everyone to take notice, but perhaps not enough for them to stop.

Players: it is your turn, the Guards are on hold with a Joker and will act if anyone does anything threatening to themselves or the royals. Otherwise it is up to you and the guards will simply be creating space between themselves and the fighting combatants.

Map

Initiative
Cards
Attachment:
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG [ 53.27 KiB | Viewed 675 times ]

.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 116
Reply with quote
Notice 9 Raise
Notice Original post: 1d4 (4)
Ace Original post: 1d4 (4)
Ace Original post: 1d4 (1)
Wild Original post: 1d6 (2)


***

Angis barely felt the woman’s foot ding his codpiece. “Is tha’ love tap all ye go’, lassie?” he jeered.

"What the--? I aint a witch! Who the hell are you people? Get off of me, you oaf! Frank brought me here to look into some damn spell!" the woman protested.

And then Dantrenious lit up with black fire.

“Oh, bluidy fock!” Angis muttered. “Ye’re no’ the necromancer!”

And then the ranger leader, Frank, charged at him with drawn sword. “Balls!” Angis grabbed the woman beneath him and rolled them both out of the way, and Frank’s sword bit into the floor where they had been.

Angis disentangled himself from the girl and stood up. “Are ye oot o’ ye’re bluidy mind, ranger?”

Angis unshipped his shield and strapped it to his arm, then slammed it into Frank to drive him back.

Shield Bash Push 9 opposed roll
MAP -2
Strength Original post: 1d10-2 = 2 (4)
Wild Original post: 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace Original post: 1d6 (1)
Extra Effort Original post: 1d6 (4)


Damage 8 (12, if Raise)
+3 large shield
Original post: 1d10+3 = 8 (5)
Raise damage, if needed Original post: 1d6 (4)


***

Actions
Move: Stand up: 2”
Action 1: Equip shield
Action 2: Shield bash push, nonlethal (opposed Str roll), pushed 1” on success, 2” on raise
Move?: If Frank is pushed back and Angis is clear, he will retreat 3” toward Dantrenious.


Conditions
Armor 4 vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)
Bennies: 1/3 +1 Golden Benny

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 5/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Cards:
    Let's Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.-USED
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:16 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Fighting Called Shot 11 (raise), 22 Damage
Fighting 1d10-4 = 0 (4)
Wild 1d6 (2)

Last Benny
1d10-4 = 6 (10)
Ace: 1d10 (5)
1d6-4 = 2 (6)
Ace 1d6 (4)

Damage 3d6+4 = 18 (4, 4, 6)
Ace 1d6 (4)


Seeing that magic is the root of the nercomancer's power and sway over the king and queen, Aronan does his level best to prevent the corrupted man from doing anymore harm. Spinning his staff in a dazzling display of Kor In fighting style he fakes a body blow then at the last second drives the butt end of the staff upward into his opponent's jaw. The sudden blow causes Danterious' head to snap back, nearly breaking his neck from the force of it. Blood and teeth fills his mouth and making any movement, include casting spells is painfully impossible.

"Master of Deceit! If I could use a blade I would cut out your tongue. Instead, I will let your teeth do the job for me!"

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 120
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
Seeing the strange magical field rise up around the Necromancer, Tieronar hesitates.

Then shrugging (and not knowing about the effects of the field) the Brinchie Leaps forward again.

OOC Comments
Wild Attack and Two Paws

Left Paw 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Left Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

BENNY! 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
1d6+2 = 8 (6) EXPLOSHuN! 1d6 (6) ANOTHER ExploSHun! 1d6 (2)

If HIts 2d6+2 = 5 (1, 2)
BENNY! 2d6+2 = 13 (5, 6) EXPLOSHun! 1d6 (3)
Raise Die 1d6 (1)
(If a Raise, that die is effected by the Benny too) 1d6 (3)

Right Paw 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Right Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

BENNY! 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

If Hits 2d6+2 = 10 (2, 6) EXPLOSHuN! 1d6 (4)
Left Paw: 21 Damage Right Paw: 12 Damage (Took 3 Bennies)

Tier slashes at the mage with both paws, rending the man's flesh.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+3+1/3 +3+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:38 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice
OOC Comments
1d6 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (6)


Bradon keeps Gremin pinned with his foot and stood ready in case anybody tried to attack them.

Don't want to lose our witness

OOC Comments
Hold action


Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Dantrenious smiles smugly, he knows no blow could possibly land with his arcane barriers protecting him, but he is wrong. The blow landing solidly on his jaw as there is a simultaneous loud crack, his head turning at an unnatural angle he crumples to the ground like a marionette with strings cut. As he collapses a cold chill rushes into the room from all around the castle as if there was a darkness unperceived in the castle. The whole castle looks slightly brighter in a way that is hard to put your finger on.
As his spells of protection break Tieronar finishes the collapsed necromancer preventing him from returning unwanted for more trouble.
Frank is knocked back a solid 10' before he stops laying prone on the ground. Working himself around and trying to get up his eyes suddenly look very confused. The washing of the darkness from him leaving him unaware of what had been happening only moments before.
Gemin stumbles back to the floor looking around sheepishly and cautious of Bradon. "Sorry about that. I could not resist. Please spare me?"
All of those previously under the influence of the seeker's magic find themselves clear of head and mind looking about with natural confusion to the situation rather than the darkness previously clouding their minds. The King and Queen suddenly having clear mind again look about the room. "Everyone calm down"
Looking around the room it is obvious that the incident has come to an end the energy and intensity of the battle are all gone.




King Briggael looks around the room at the audience of heroes who saved not only his queen, but his family line. “You have done a service for this throne I cannot possibly repay. Please stay with us for a brief time while we figure things out and I see if I can arrange an appropriate way of showing you the honor you deserve, though I cannot advertise the fullness of Dantrenious actions. We will need time to investigate what we can.”
Stepping out from behind her King Queen Anabel adds. “Everything you did, from arriving so fast, and finding the roots of this problem so quickly is meritorious, but for you to have uncovered Dantrenious’s involvement so quickly. I do not see how we missed it. It is like there was a shadow over our minds and we were unable to see what was happening in our very midst.”
“Would you please be willing to tell us all you discovered? We are grateful for all you have done, but we are concerned there may be more for us to uncover.”
King Briggael adds.

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
With all the action finally ended and the curse lifted, Danyar moves to the guard he disarmed.
"Can we get a healer here?"

Danyar leans down to the guard.

"Sorry friend. My actions were in the interest to aid the King and Queen and help lift the curse. There was nothing personal nor any evil intent on my part. Plus, I'm sure you would agree, if you had someone coming at you with a drawn sword you would have defended yourself. Here, let me help you get to a healer, I hope there are no hard feelings."

Danyar helps the guard up and retrieves his sword for him.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:14 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
The king nods and turns. "Harris get these men some healers." with those words one of the guards near the door bursts heads out the door just as a score of guards from outside start trying to get in after having heard the commotion and the bell having been rung that was missed earlier.

Some of the guards rushing in are sent for benches for sitting on so at the least the heroes can rest. Something not normally allowed in the court while the King is present. But the heroes are obviously injured and some social rules can be ignored when those who save the lives of the king are on in pain and danger.




The guard groans and accepts the offered hand and nods acknowledging your lack of choice. "Being disarmed hurts my pride. but being dead, would have hurt less."

_________________
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 3
    +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Extra Effort for Mind Control
    -1 Shabbat Soak roll (failed)
    -4 Mind Melter tickling the players with no real effect.
    -1 Soak Collision damage for clone

Nash 2/3
    -1 Extra Effort Chase

12 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

13 0/2
    -1 Reroll on secret Stealth
    -1 reroll notice

Mechanized Company Cpt
    None spent


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 2/7


Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 120
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Whoops. I didn't realize he had already gone down. It took a while to post. We can retcon that if you need to.


Tieronar stands up, blood dripping from his claws.

Staggering back from the body, the Brinchie holds his hands in front of him, staring at them in shock.

"I...I'm sorry. We could have asked him more. I didn't mean to kill him that way. I just wanted to stop him. I'm sorry."

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+3+1/3 +3+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice
1d6 (5)
wild dice 1d6 (4)

RFT wrote:
Gemin stumbles back to the floor looking around sheepishly and cautious of Bradon. "Sorry about that. I could not resist. Please spare me?"


Bradon dragged Gremin to his feet, still glowering at him. If you could have gotten away, you would.

Dragging him along, he walked over towards the King and Queen, sheathing his sabre as he did so.

"This one knows a lot about the conspiracy Bradon explained to the King and Queen, "best to let him explain what he knows."


Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
"Tieronar, don't worry about it. We didn't know the level of danger and you reacted accordingly. We may not have all the answers however, we have neutralized the problem and made the life of the King and Queen right again."

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Unsure who the group's spokesperson is, Aronan does his best to reply to the King.

"Our investigation began even before our arrival. Beset by members of your royal guard on our way to greet you indicated that someone in your close circle was working against our efforts, and ultimately, against you. Those we questioned did not remember much, which lead us to believe that magic was at play...magic that perhaps clouded the memories of many in the castle, your majesties included." Giving a respectful bow, Aronan considers how to proceed, "We questioned your servants and many others and suspected alchemy to be at play, which lead us to the alchemist's shop. Unfortunately, that brigand escaped but we were able to capture his associate, the Korindian gives a brief nod toward Gemin. "His forthrightness, or self preservation at least, unwound the mystery. It is probably best told from his own mouth. Yet, we rushed back here only to present evidence, after all you - the king and queen - should be the only ones to mete out justice in these chambers." He pauses, apologetically knowing that killing someone without the king's authority was probably not a good thing. "Unfortunately, Dantrenious began weaving magics as soon as we arrived and we had to act swiftly."

Lowering his head slightly, Aronan waits for any response.

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
Aronan wrote:
Unsure who the group's spokesperson is, Aronan does his best to reply to the King.

"Our investigation began even before our arrival. Beset by members of your royal guard on our way to greet you indicated that someone in your close circle was working against our efforts, and ultimately, against you. Those we questioned did not remember much, which lead us to believe that magic was at play...magic that perhaps clouded the memories of many in the castle, your majesties included." Giving a respectful bow, Aronan considers how to proceed, "We questioned your servants and many others and suspected alchemy to be at play, which lead us to the alchemist's shop. Unfortunately, that brigand escaped but we were able to capture his associate, the Korindian gives a brief nod toward Gemin. "His forthrightness, or self preservation at least, unwound the mystery. It is probably best told from his own mouth. Yet, we rushed back here only to present evidence, after all you - the king and queen - should be the only ones to mete out justice in these chambers." He pauses, apologetically knowing that killing someone without the king's authority was probably not a good thing. "Unfortunately, Dantrenious began weaving magics as soon as we arrived and we had to act swiftly."

Lowering his head slightly, Aronan waits for any response.


"Your Majesties, Frank and . . . Miss", Lysennia begins trying pull herself together enough to not offend anyone.

"Though my friend may be hesitant in expressing the details, what he says may be accepted as the truth. The path we have traced stemmed from a few ashes found in the queens chambers. From there, the trail led to the shop of one Hamid Al Farazi, an alchemist. We challenged him about the origin of the remnants found in the queens chambers, and he set a band of thugs upon us before fleeing. I am sorry to report that he escaped us, his gang proving too numerous for us to defeat quickly. He may well even now have escaped the city."

Lysennia looks a little downcast at this, "We failed. We didn't get all the conspirators. We'll be lucky not to be reprimanded for our carelessness"

"Fortunately we were able to capture this one", she indicates Gemin. "A sorcerer of no little skill, and as Aronan said, when questioned, he gave up all that he knew of the plot, including the snake at its head. For this reason, although his words were in self preservation, I would encourage leniency toward him, perhaps merely exile from the kingdom? Without his candour we should be in a much more dire situation now. Whilst I doubt that he will soon mend his ways, perhaps one day he may find a better path. Being a wizard for hire to the highest bidder may offer him short term wealth, but it's as likely to end with a trip to the headsman's block as a life of wealth and luxury"

"Then we come to Dantrenious, the real mastermind behind the whole scheme", Lysennia looks down at the body on the floor. "I doubt we shall ever know the true meaning behind his machinations for sure, though I think we can surmise a few things. The lack of an heir here in the kingdom is becoming a source of unrest. Should this continue, the King would be encouraged to put aside his beloved wife, for the good of the people, maybe marry someone suitable, perhaps chosen by his loyal chamberlain. Then undoubtedly something would have befallen your majesty", she looks to the queen. "Distraught with grief, the king withdraws into himself, the words and advice of his 'loyal adviser' driving him deeper, until all his pronouncements are at the behest of Dantrenious"

"From there is could go several ways. the new 'queen' gives birth to an heir. The kingdom heaves a sigh of relief, and the new heir spends his childhood being moulded into Dantrenious puppet. Or perhaps the king is slowly driven into madness until the point where, for the good of the kingdom, Dantrenious assumes the regency. In either case it seems likely that the kings days would be numbered, leaving Dantrenious as defacto ruler of the kingdom. From there it is a short hop to proclaiming himself king, always 'for the good of the people'."

"I must apologize for Dantrenious current condition. I sensed what he was about, his magic seeping into you all like a dark oily taint, and shouted a warning as best I could to my companions."

"I didn't want them caught unawares again. . ."

"My fault at the Alchemists. . ."

Lysennia looks to her companions, they seem a little blurry somehow. "Is that everything? Did I miss anything. . .", Lysennia's words tail off, anyone watching her will see her eyes become unfocussed for a brief second before she collapses to the ground unconscious.

"Indeed. . . finding a better path. How apt." murmurs a voice in Lysennias head as the darkness closes in.

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Novice Eldakar Druid (16xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 0/10
Bennies: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Card: Focus - Play this card to gain +4 on any single oppossed roll. Or if the character is an Adept the bonus is +6.


Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:22 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

As Lysennia collapsed to the floor, he pushed Gremin to the floor and threw himself to catch her, sliding in before she could hurt herself and moved far more quickly than any of the others could.

"I've got you." He looked up and around, "I think we could use that healer now for her."


Agility 17
OOC Comments
1d8 (8) ace 1d8 (8) 1d8 (1)


Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
Bradon wrote:
Rolls carried

As Lysennia collapsed to the floor, he pushed Gremin to the floor and threw himself to catch her, sliding in before she could hurt herself and moved far more quickly than any of the others could.

"I've got you." He looked up and around, "I think we could use that healer now for her."


Agility 17
OOC Comments
Original post: 1d8 (8) ace Original post: 1d8 (8) Original post: 1d8 (1)


Lysennia barely feels Bradon's arms cradling her.

"I'm sorry. . .", is all she can mumble before finally succumbing.

_________________
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Novice Eldakar Druid (16xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 0/10
Bennies: 0/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Card: Focus - Play this card to gain +4 on any single oppossed roll. Or if the character is an Adept the bonus is +6.


Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

"What happened?" Bradon calls out, "I did not see her get hurt."

He holds her until the healer comes over to them. He was worried for her, checking for any obvious wounds himself that would explain why she collapsed.


Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Posts: 120
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:
Aronan wrote:
Unsure who the group's spokesperson is, Aronan does his best to reply to the King.


"Then we come to Dantrenious, the real mastermind behind the whole scheme",

"I must apologize for Dantrenious current condition. I sensed what he was about, his magic seeping into you all like a dark oily taint, and shouted a warning as best I could to my companions."



Tier listens to the woman's words, realizing again where he allowed his own uncontrolled nature to fail those around him.

As the spellcaster falls, Tier takes a step forward but stops when he sees her caught.

_________________
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages) , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+3+1/3 +3+1
+ 1 Golden Benny


Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Posts: 86
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reply with quote
"What happened? Did she get effected by the magic upon the Necromancers death? " Wish I understood magic a little better, I felt a little out of place on these clues.

Danyar just stands back and observes.

_________________
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 1/3
Gold Bennies1/1


Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Aronan gasps as Lysennia falls to the ground. Fortunately, the others quickly collect her and the king's healers will soon be at her service. Nonetheless, Aronan cannot help but consider this is a residue of the evil magic that has held sway over this palace for so long. "I hope this is not left over from our fallen friend. Who knows what unseen curses he has set about the place. The palace may be in need of ritual purification. On Korindia this involves standing beneath a rushing waterfall, I do not know the customs here."

_________________
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3


Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
Posts: 116
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d4 (4)
Ace 1d4+4 = 7 (3)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Angis grips his axe, feeling the shiver of magic down his spine, sending the hairs of his beard standing on end.

“I ‘ate magic…” the dwarf muttered. He eyed Frank, who didn’t appear to be a threat right now, and then wandered over to the dead steward.

And then he cut the man’s head off.

“Jus’ t’ be sure.”

The king and queen expressed their thanks, and Angis shrugged. “I’m partial t’ a guid ale an’ coin, or jewels. But ‘tis satisfyin’ t’ rid the world of another magic user.”

Angis ignored the benches that were brought. He wouldn’t show weakness, though he did press his hand to his belly where the bandit leader had cut him. It hurt again now that the adrenaline of combat was fading. Ascended, he needed a drink!

Aroden and Lysennia explained the situation, but then the mage collapsed.

“Elf!” Angis called out in alarm. He started to move, but Bradon was quicker and closer, catching Lysennia before she hurt herself.

Deciding the elf didn’t need gawkers, Angis turned to the nearest guards. “Clean tha’ mess up, lads!” he barked, pointing to the slowly spreading pool of blood beneath the headless body of Dantronious, the head lolling a few feet away. “Wrap it in that tapestry, an’ get some mops in ‘ere t’ clean up this blood!”

Angis moved to stand guard over the unconscious she-elf, staring down at her worriedly. “Bluidy mage. A stiff wind knocks ‘em over,” he groused to disguise his concern.

***

Actions
Move:
Action:


Conditions
Armor 4 vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
-1 Wound (Ignored, Nerves of Steel)
Bennies: 3/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide My Shot: Play when a character makes a Shooting or Throwing roll; the total penalties for the Shot are reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 5/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Cards:
    Let's Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.-USED
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Dusting herself off after having been bull rushed, Laura looks around the room a bit flabbergasted. Looking at the man who brought her here. "Umm...so what now?"

_________________
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None


Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.