View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Northern Gun Store: Chuck Jones (Friend of the TL) 
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"I am Charles Jones, but my friends call me Chuck. What brings you to my humble shop. How can I assist you?"

GM Quick Reference

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Timothy walks into the Northern Gun store looking at all the shiny new tools and weapons. The store is bustling with shoppers of various races and looking at an assortment of gear. Some weapons and armor, some wilderness survival gear. Timothy is careful not to run into someone during his shopping. One of the assistants recognizes the emblem of Fells Follies and approaches Timothy. "You must be Timothy Hernandez, the valiant defender. I am Charles Jones, but my friends call me chuck. What brings you to my humble shop."

Timothy is taken back by the introduction. "How do you know who I am?"

"It's my job to know who is who in the castle, and who is out there defending us from the evil that is out there. That and your help with the mark V was appreciated.

"O that, yea, thanks for the money."

"Don't thank me, your Quartermaster set it up. So, what are looking for? I can get you all kinds of upgrades. I see you already have some additional armor, need more? How are your weapons? I see you don't have any built in. I can get you a rail gun or plasma rifle, maybe an ion cannon? I bet you like to get in close, I get you some swords. You have a dragon in the team right? I know a jet pack. I got a great deal for you, $250K for the jet pack. It's on sale today. It would help you keep up with your dragon friend."

Timothy is confused on what to do, all of what Chuck has said are really good ideas. "I really do like the jet pack idea, unfortunately, I don't know how to fly it."

"There's a simple solution to that son, get a chip port. 5K for the reader, and depending on how good you want to be."

Timothy likes the pitch and decides to go with this idea. "Being able to fly does have some advantages, and would have made things much better before hand. I'll take the chip implant, the jet pack,
the most experienced piloting chip available, and a solid cooking chip. That should be the full 250 thousand."

Chuck starts adding up the order, scans the chip Timothy carried, references the credit that is on record for the 1st SET. Chuck takes a quick mental note that Fell also transferred his credit to Timothy. This is either the luckiest Cyborg in the world, or the team really does care for him. The installation of the chip reader is smooth and uneventful, Timothy is handed two chips one with wings on it, and one with a hamburger on it. "This one is for flying, this one is for cooking. Don't get them mixed up."

Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 pm
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Alecto ventures into the shop and gives the hulking full-conversion cyborg a sidelong glance as she moves past him to look at the current deals. She respects the combat potential of these so-called 'borgs,' but is still trying to fit them into a paradigm for understanding the universe and the relationship between evolved and created intelligences. Living creatures, desiring to be powerful in combat, discard the relative frailty of their flesh to become war-robots guided by a living nervous system.

She wonders if the opposite has ever happened. Was there a created intelligence who devised a means of uploading itself into a living frame to experience the world through those organic senses? Had it found value in this experience, if so?

The Northern Gun representative cleared his throat politely, and Alecto refocused on the present.

"I'd like to see what you have in stock for explosive firepower. Anti-armor munitions."

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Player Name: SalmonMax
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com
Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+1 in armor, and +8 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 11,500

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]