View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 01 - Checkpoint Alpha 
Site Admin

Checkpoint: Alpha

Attachment:
checkpoint-alpha-300px.png
checkpoint-alpha-300px.png [ 272.47 KiB | Viewed 596 times ]

In order to get to Castle Refuge, all visitors must go through the various check points around the area. Checkpoint Alpha resides in the mountainous regions of northern Arkansas. The road to Checkpoint Alpha is a narrow tunnel through the mountain, allowing only one large vehicle along it.

Barrels of a large cannon can be seen behind an armored barrier. A guard walks up and asks, "Who are you, and what is your business?"

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 pm

[Flashback to AwkTek's arrival.]

Having hatched in an obscure location, miles from Castle Refuge, AwkTek came to consciousness with a large dragon sized skiff floating nearby. The skiff crackled with energy and looking behind it, AwkTek saw his first Rift which promptly closed after he spied it.

His mother's voice programmed into the recording devices on board the skiff crackled to life, "My son you must choose a name for yourself as I am unable to be there to grant you your name. This skiff is full of technology and is and archealogists dream find. Use it well." As the audio cuts out, a panel comes to life and begins scanning the nearby areas.

The radar sufficiently laid out spots to avoid but blipped real regularly over a location AwkTek would come to know as Castle Refuge.

-----

Approaching checkpoint Alpha AwkTek had to climb down off the skiff. Guiding the skiff behind with his tail, he approached the guard, "Uh hi. My mother said I should come here and not go visit the CS. Would you know why she would recommend that?"

Attachments:
AwkTek TW Skiff.jpg
AwkTek TW Skiff.jpg [ 22.72 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]