View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ] 
 Journey to Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Date: July 30, 109 PA
Time: 1300
Weather: 84 F; Hot and Humid; clear skies
Location: Castle Refuge

The members of the newly formed 101st SET, nicknamed the Trailblazers, were called into one of the briefing rooms inside Legion SET headquarters after lunch. Cold ice water was provided, since the day was sweltering. After the legionnaires sat chatting and sweating for half an hour, the door to the room opened and a tall, bronze-skinned D-Bee with a high forehead covered in rough ridges entered. His long black hair was tied back. He wore black combat armor with a kind of chainmail baldric across his chest with some kind of emblem attached to it. He carried some kind of crescent shaped curved vibro-sword on his back.

His black boots clomped heavily on the cement floor as he came to stand in front of the room. He put down a small holoprojector on the front table and then stood studying the members of the 101st with dark eyes from beneath a looming brow.

“Qapla’!” He struck his chest with his fist. “My name as Captain Kahless Nestor,” he said in a deep, sonorous bass voice rumbling from his chest. “And you, lady and gentlemen, have been chosen for a very special assignment.”

The captain began to pace in front of them. “The recent influx of refugees from Tolkeen has left the resources of Castle Refuge a bit strained. And reports from the arrivals indicate that the journey is particularly treacherous. The main refugee corridor runs between Coalition territory and territory patrolled by the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. Many refugees do not make it.”

He paused to activate the holo-projector, showing them a map of the Missouri River Valley to the north. “We contacted one of the platoons we had out gathering refugees and instructed them to establish a foothold in this corridor.” He indicated the west side of the river where it formed the border of Coalition Iowa. “It’s the most direct route from Tolkeen to Castle Refuge that doesn’t violate Coalition territory. We don’t wish to antagonize them further. They have to either come down this corridor, braving Coalition and 1st Apocalypse patrols, or head west to the Colorado Baronies, a journey equally fraught with danger.”

Captain Nestor stepped in front of the map. “The Council of Hope has determined that a permanent Tomorrow Legion presence in the corridor is advisable to both provide protection for the refugees and to act as a bit of a valve for the flow of refugees to the Castle. It could be a waypoint to provide them safety if we need to restrict migration until resources catch up with demand.

“And that is your mission, Legionnaires. Plant the flag of the Tomorrow Legion and establish this new outpost of hope, this new Fort Hope.”

The Legion officer turned off the holo-projector. “You will be given some resources to take with you to reinforce the garrison that has already established a foothold. When you get there, assess the situation and let us know your needs so we can send further shipments up the river. Make a threat assessment. Make nice with the locals. And try not to start a damn war.

“All of you had lives before you joined the Legion, people that could perhaps help in your mission. You have two weeks before you leave for Fort Hope. Reach out to your contacts. Beg, borrow, or blackmail for help. As I said, resources are strained, and you will be on your own for much of your needs. We will send what we can. Do you have any questions? If not, Qapl’a! Today is a good day to die!”

***

Instructions
  • Role Play: Feel free to play out meeting each other, ask any questions you like.
  • Interlude: Write an interlude providing the pertinent details of your contact (race, gender, name, general age, etc) and how you know him or her and why they might be willing to help you out.

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7


Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Leo seems aloof and dazed as he shuffles into the briefing room, still reeling from the rapid succession of events that lead him down this (stifling) rabbit hole. . . surprised by the exotic d-bee serving as their liaison, contact, or superior of some fashion, Leo's brow furrows under the weight of a myriad concerns that grew one too numerous. The straw braking the proverbial camel's back.

The past few weeks, moths, or however long it had been since his impromptu exile, seemed surreal beyond measure -- he had always heard a number of fanciful tales that seemed more like spontaneous creative license than fact. It seems now some of his base assumptions regarding the firmaments of his existential foundations needed, tweaking. . .

Moving past his reservations, or shelving them for a brief moment, Leo's eyes inquisitively dart across the room, a burst of movement not unlike a machine stirred to spontaneous life, to act upon some preordained task. His inquiry is met with precious little that kindles any facsimile of normality. . . there were people, humans that is, those he'd seen infrequently enough, but some of the others seemed alien, if not savage.

Trying his best to avoid eye-contact, with anyone in the room really, Leo realizes that much of what the ridge-browed Kahless had just recited went beyond his notice. Having only caught snippets of Tolkeen, Coalition, and War. The latter having been seared into the back of his mind, he certainly wanted to avoid wanton destruction as much as he possible could. The unique dismissal tacked on at the end certainly seized Leo's waning attention.

A good day to die?! I signed on as a logistical engineer!!!

Looking off into the distance, Leo tries to push any thoughts of existential dread from the forefront of his mind, focusing instead on the mention of contacts. . . gesticulating, almost as if struck by a moment of eureka, Leo half-way points a finger to the sky, yet his hand freezes. A look of profound introspection creases his face as his hand morphs to cradle his chin. . .

"Mmm. . ."

I don't know anybody. . . that certainly puts a damper on things.

Suddenly realizing how absurdly warm it is, Leo hastily grabs a glass of water and gulps it down before nodding to himself in the mute acknowledgement of his life's unfortunate trajectory.

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Notice
OOC Comments
1d8 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (3)


Karsk enters the briefing room having safely stabled his Rhino Beetle. Looking around, only one other person was already there before him. He sniffs Leonard as he comes up close, a strong musky smell emanating from him.

"Smell clean," he says to Leonard, grinning widely, exposing his sharp jagged teeth, "won't be much of that where we are going. Too much to do, not enough resources and lots of mud."


He listens to Captain Nestor, but not intently. He already knew all this having shown the initial force sent in where to set up and living there for years. His tribe has already left the area and most of the other people he knows are dead, missing, scattered to the winds or eaten. A method of attaching a cargo container to his Rhino Beetle was currently being constructed and having already planned their route, there wasn't much more he could at the moment.


Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Vik leans back in his chair at the back of the room when the briefing concludes and starts talking to no one in particular.

"Bit of a stern bloke, that one. Kinda like one a them Clingers or King-er-ons or whatever from Star Trek. Always preferred Star Wars, me. I mean, really, give me a lightsaber any day 'stead of some bitty laser that looks like a mobile and doesn't do nothing but faze people. And this whole 'good day to die' shit. I mean, really, I'm pretty sure it's Tuesday, and Tuesday always seemed a shit day to die to me. I mean Monday's obviously worse, but Wednesday at least it's hump day, so maybe you go out during a shag, and Thursday's halfway to Friday, when maybe you squeeze in a bender before kicking off. And this is the Tomorrow Legion, innit? Shouldn't we be putting off the fucking dying until tomorrow then? Or is it all false advertising like that bird I was talking up at the pub who looked all nice on the outside and turns out to be some Terminator robot inside and wants to know if I've got some computer fetish or something. I mean, I used to look at plenty of porn back when there was an actual functioning internet, but the digital stuff's a mite harder to find these days when you're looking to have a wank, although I've got this little magazine that's got a spread of that Erin Tarn broad. Yeah, she's an old granny now but she was a right prancing filly back in her prime, and really if you think on it I'm older than her by a couple or five centuries, which I tried to explain to this nurse who does the screening exams when you sign up but she didn't think it was as funny when I asked her if she had any great-great-great-great-great-grand daddy issues."

When he gets no response, Vik looks around and sees he's sitting alone in the back of the room.

"Well fuck all. I really gotta get around a bit and meet some people. Wonder when we ship out? Maybe see if I can talk that nurse into a follow-up exam ..."

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Ash was perched on a chair in the back of the briefing room, watching the others warily with wall behind her. It wasn't that she really expected anyone to burst into violence or something...she'd been with the Legion long enough to see that sort of thing didn't happen...it was just a hard habit to break. The alien giving the briefing was one of the creepy ones that looked almost human, but clearly wasn't. A surprising number of aliens did have that quality, as if the human form was something endlessly repeated through all the different dimensions with only minor variations.

Had he just told them to go build a fort, then that it was a good day to die? There was a lot of stuff Ash wanted to know more about, but then the old guy sitting not far from her started the kind of ramble that would have done some old sand-addict shambling through the Burbs proud.

With mounting disbelief throughout the rant, Ashley couldn't help blurting, "What the hell are you even talking about?" when he'd finished.

Instant regret. On belatedly replaying some of his words back to herself, she realized she really really didn't want elaboration.


Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Ashley Logan wrote:
"What the hell are you even talking about?"


Vik looked around, nearly toppling his chair before finding the young woman who'd spoken.

"Wot? Oh, right, s'pose I was ramblin' a bit. Tend to do that when my teeth are falling out of my gums from sheer boredom. So, yeah. Name's Vik. Vik the Dick, been called once or twice, but I'd hafta show ... hold up a sec. How old are you? You're actually assigned to this squad, right? Not your dad or somefin? Cause I've seen some little kids running around, and I've also seen some of hobbit-type things that sorta look like kids, but let me tell you, one of 'em said the filthiest things after a couple of shots of vodka ... so right, how old are you?"

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: Dweomere sky scraper hotel Diamond
Time: In the future!

Inspector Hardin pushes up his horned rimmed glasses. His young face seems a bit agitated as if he would like to conclude his business here and get out. He looks intently at Mr. Marvin whom is rummaging methodically though his larder. Mr. Marvin calls to the inspector, " I am sorry... Uhh Inspector Hardin, I am looking for this delicious thin sliced cured meat I acquired yesterday. I have some kind of red juicy fruit that I feel the salty sweet will balance well with."

The inspector clears his throat looking down at his note book. He repeats once again, " I was asking you how you got involved with Fort Hope, who told you about it first and did you know anyone else going beside's Bill Sandyman." From the larder Mr. Marvin emerges with a smile on his bald angular face.

"Success Inspector!" He quickly moves to his cutting board and begins to lay the thin sliced cured meat directly over the red flesh with great care and craft. In between plating he points up to a oil painting of a dusty fort settled near an unnamed river. " I have been meaning to move that Painting, but I drew that with some artistic license of course... It all started with Qapla" Mr. Marvin Chuckles, " It was a hot day, sweltering by all acounts. A tough customer Kahless drew us all into a room and outlaid the plan for Fort Hope. It was fairly audacious. I remember asking the bronze skinned D-bee How many refugees we might be able to expect per week? Mr. Marvin offers the inspector a plate with a thin bronze pink meat neatly draped over some of the most juicy red fruit flesh one could imagine. The meat itself had an interesting design or pattern etched into it by its very own fat content: a series of ridge lines. The inspector shakes his head no and Mr. Marvin continues on, " You should have been there to hear his answer. They were of course going to send us with the basic supplies and our job was to make sure folks did not get into too much trouble getting to the Castle. Most importantly we were there to keep the peace. Few things ever go right though."

The inspector jots a few notes into his pad and watches Mr. Marvin take a bit of his mid morning snack. Purple juice dribbles down the psi-stalkers chin. Mr. Marvin is quick to dab his chin, and smiles warmly at the inspector, " So that is how it started, and the people there... Oh my good friend Splash Man, a simvan, I think his actual name is fairly unintelligible. I asked him if he had eaten anyone lately. I had not seen him since the war on Tolkeen where we developed an uneasy truce. I recall this once he actually saved my life against some murder wraiths. You should have seen it! A rivers worth of water some how being controlled by him, washing the field clean of those despicable creatures. Then there was dear Ashly, a lab rat made burner if there ever was one. Despite what I could only conjecture as torture she received by the coalition she came out ever still an optimist and hero. When I saw her sitting there at the briefing I could not help but to give her a hug, slight and easy, meant to comfort. I even whispered that it was a pleasure to see her once again. I would not say we were friends exactly, our relationship was of mutuality. It had been a bit since I last saw her at the facility, and I told her It was a joy to see her wary smile once again. It was even precious when she blurted out What the Hell when Commander Kahless said it was a good day to die!" Mr. Marvin had a smile half drawn on his face looking up at the painting and quickly finished the bite of his sweet and salty snack.

The inspector leaned forward across the counter after making a few notes, " Did you know anyone else? What about Bill when did he enter the picture?"
Mr. Marvin grins a well cared for smile, " Oh yes, there was one more. I am not sure he remembered me though. Lenny a poodle dog boy I had met years ago on a road trip that started in a bayou along the banks of the Louisiana River. The day I met Lenny was much like the sweaty day we first got together for our briefing. I gave the poodle a look, side eyed you know...Just waiting... I had been a young buck strapped and ready for the worlds end back then... I was not surprised he did not recognize me. After a second I wrapped him up in a big bear hug, How ya doing Lenny, its me Mr. Marvin! You still lapping around in that boat?" Mr. Marvin leans back on a stool and takes another satisfying bit of his meat wrapped flesh, when he bit into the flesh of the red fruit a purple soft juice, dark and thick seeped down his chin. Quickly the napkin was back wiping it up.
Mr. Marvin seemed to pick up on the inspector's wandering eye and offered him a plate of his own, " Its ok Inspector, its fragrant and bold, a warriors heart! There is no harm in indulging the palate. Be warned though it is not your normal Prosciutto e Melone, no it is much much more. Named after its creator in a way, Melon's Nest. "

Still the inspector politely refused, but with a smile one would give a gracious host. " I am sorry Mr. Marvin, I just can't. Ok I think I am getting a pretty good picture. What about Bill Sandyman. I of course can ask him when I meet with him later on, but I want to get your unique perspective too."

Mr. Marvin leaned in and steepled his fingers, " Of course... Kahless seemed to throw some of the Trailblazer's for a loop when he said it was a good day to die. I had never met him, but there was one called Vik, something about him made me instantly think of Bill Sandyman and his family. Maybe it was the way he rambled on. I even tried to say hi to him but I could not get a word in edge wise. All I could do was stare, nod polity, wave and leave once he started talking." Mr. Marvin reaches for a framed photo and looks it over. " You said you will be talking to him later this week... He and his family had come to see me back then about a week or so before I had been assigned to Fort Hope. They were looking for a place to settle that would take hard back breaking work. Apparently the life of the castle was not for them. It was Bill, his wife, 2 daughters, a little boy, and then of course Bill's brother Serge. I spoke to them about heading out into the mud and muck, and they were all for it. Packed up when we moved out."

The inspector finished writing in his notebook and stood up, " I appreciate you time Mr. Marvin, and I will not take up any more. Yes I have spoken to Bill off and on for a bit, and we are due to speak in a couple of days. He said he had... We'll just something more to discuss. If I have any follow up questions may I call on you?"

Mr. Marvin, looked around his suite drawing his attention back on the inspector, " Oh yes due please it was an exciting time I had with 101st Trailblazers." After the inspector leaves, Mr Marvin mutters, " Oh Bill... Why why why."

The Following week
At Mr. Marvin's plush apartment. Just after the inspector informed Mr. Marvin of Bill's Demise


At the news of Bill Sandyman's apparent demise Mr. Marvin glances at a photo hanging on the wall. A glass of thick red juice, chilled is in his hand. A man, beautiful blond hair wife, 2 girls( all teenagers) and a little boy. The young D'Norr inspector pushes up his horned rimmed glasses following Mr. Marvin's gaze.
Inspector Hardin clears his throat, " Like I said, it was grizzly how we found his body. I am not suppose to tell anyone... But..." The inspector hesitates, and Mr. Marvin gives him a congenial smile and sips his thick red tomato juice. Hardin caves in seemingly to trust the bald headed juicer, " Well... The body had no blood left in it. It was as if someone had squeezed it all out. No blood trail, nothing it was all gone. He was found in an ally near his house, just meat, skin, and bone... A dried husk."
Silence... Mr. Marvin's slight gulps of his juice seem earth shattering in the quiet posh suite. The inspector shifted uncomfortably, " Did you know them well? The little bit Bill spoke of before he, uh died seemed to indicate he had known you for a while."
Mr Marvin set his red juice down and retrieves the framed photo. Curtly he asks the inspector, " Tell me Inspector do you have a family?" The inspector shakes his head no and the juicer continues, " They were mine. Not literally of course. But, I did not realize how important Bill and his family were until we had need of them at Fort Hope. Ahh what a rustic place, a charmer to be sure. It reminded me of some settlements near New Town I had once passed through with my friend Splash man. Coming up to Fort Hope was like nothing I had ever seen, we came across the dust covered bluff and there it was, raw and writhing Fort Hope, and I suppose to our good fortune the Sandyman clan was with us."
The inspector scribbled something into his note pad. Mr. Marvin playfully clarified, " S-P-L-A-S-H " After taking another long sip of his juice Mr. Marvin leaned back in his chair reminiscing, " Bill Sandyman and his wife Clara were two of the most prodigious humans I have ever met. And I had the pleasure of meeting some of the greats. They had come to the fort to settle down with hard work. Perhaps not skilled like say a cyber-doc, being of a certain quality Bill would tend to know the scuttlebutt and his kids and family were all helpful in their own way with the various projects."

The inspector tapped his notepad curiously, " Yes, last time Bill mentioned something about his brother instrumental in building a well. But, there was an accident or something."
Mr. Marvin's eyes narrow as he looks down into his juice, " Yes Inspector, Bill's brother, Serge... Not the easiest man to work with, sometimes impossible. Some folks thought he was stealing some of the resources we had brought along and selling it to the blackmarket. Yeah, pretty wild to be sure. But the retaining wall of the well gave way and he must have lost his footing and fell head long into the well. Probably cracked his head open on the way down. I am no doctor mind you but when we fished him out it looked like his head had taken quiet a blow."
The inspector grimaced slightly at the tale and followed up with, " How did the family take to his death?"
Mr. Marvin shook his head, " Oh no, he survived by a miracle, but never was the same. He mostly drooled and was barely functioning. He took to cutting himself... I tried to help Bill and his family out by looking on the bright side, but sometimes it was hard. Especially for the kids. No can replace an uncle..." Mr. Marvin holds the picture looking intently. " When I close my eyes I can here them play."

Who Mr. Marvin Tagged!
-Kahless: How many refugees we might be able to expect per week?
-Karsk:
    Oh my good friend Splash Man, a simvan, I think his actual name is fairly unintelligible. I asked him if" he had eaten anyone lately". I had not seen him since the war on Tolkeen where we developed an uneasy truce. I recall this once he actually saved my life against some murder wraiths. You should have seen it! A rivers worth of water some how being controlled by him, washing the field clean of those despicable creatures.
-Ashley
    Then there was dear Ashly, a lab rat made burner if there ever was one. Despite what I could only conjecture as torture she received by the coalition she came out ever still an optimist and hero. When I saw her sitting there at the briefing I could not help but to give her a hug, slight and easy, meant to comfort. I even whispered that "it was a pleasure to see her once again". I would not say we were friends exactly, our relationship was of mutuality. It had been a bit since I last saw her at the facility, and I told her It was a joy to see her wary smile once again. It was even precious when she blurted out What the Hell when Commander Kahless said it was a good day to die!"
-Leonard IV:
    I am not sure he remembered me though. Lenny a poodle dog boy I had met years ago on a road trip that started in a bayou along the banks of the Louisiana River. The day I met Lenny was much like the sweaty day we first got together for our briefing. I gave the poodle a look, side eyed you know...Just waiting... I had been a young buck strapped and ready for the worlds end back then... I was not surprised he did not recognize me. After a second I wrapped him up in a big bear hug, "How ya doing Lenny, its me Mr. Marvin! You still lapping around in that boat?"
-Vik:
    I had never met him, but there was one called Vik, something about him made me instantly think of Bill Sandyman and his family. Maybe it was the way he rambled on. I even tried to say hi to him but I could not get a word in edge wise. All I could do was stare, nod polity, wave and leave once he started talking.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Ashley lifted her chin slightly and narrowed her eyes at 'Vik the Dick's question. Because, yeah, he was howling insane or schizophrenic, but clearly SHE was the one who didn't belong in the squad because she looked young! And okay, maybe she was younger than most soldiers, but she was old enough to have enlisted, and the Legion command had assigned her here, and it wasn't any of his business anyway!

But before she'd had a chance to educate Vik on these, or any other, highly relevant topics, an arm snaked around her shoulder and a voice whispered silkily into her ear, "it was a pleasure to see her once again."

Ashley's eyes widened, and she twisted sideways, hurling herself off of her chair away from the arm and the voice while squeaking, "Holy SHIT!"

She rolled into a somersault on hitting the floor and came up with a ball of fire in her hand and a savage yellow light blazing in her eyes. The temperature in the room shot up a good ten degrees almost immediately. Standing there was a well-dressed bald man. Pale skin. Distinctive shadows around the eyes.

Psi-Stalker.

Her cheeks flamed red with mingled anger and embarrassment as she snuffed out the flame and got to her feet. Prosek's ballsack, what was she thinking? She couldn't uncork like that in a building! Her palms sweated just thinking about it.

With visible effort, Ash shook her head at the psi-stalker as she rubbed her hands nervously together.

"Okay. So, first...very sorry about the, uh..." she waved her hand to simulate flames. "...that. You weren't in danger, but I'm sorry if I made you feel like you were." She looked around the briefing room, wishing she could just teleport back to her quarters. What a mess. And it wasn't any easier from the angry voice in the back of her head screaming that it'd been his fault to begin with so why was SHE the one apologizing?!

Because 'proportional response' is a thing. Because the proportional response to someone getting fresh is not to threaten them with vaporization.

"Just, for future reference though. Keep your hands to yourself."

Then something nagging at her got through. Ashley squinted slightly and tilted her head as she studied the psi-stalker.

"Wait a second. Do I...know you?"


Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
Charlemagne nods and takes notes as Captain Nestor relays the assignment. As Kahless finishes the briefing, Charlemagne acknowledges the plea not to start a war. "A measure of strength in diplomacy can often avert a war, so long as the will to use it is apparent. We shall conduct ourselves with the utmost tact and --" A ball of fire erupts, warming the already heated room, then subsides. "Ah. Yes. The...yes. Tact, diplomacy, and discretion. And, when called for, fire from the heavens." He turns to Ashley. "You are Ashley Logan? I have read what information has been provided. Your talents are most welcome on this mission. Fire on a cold night warms the most frigid soul. I fear, despite the temperature, we may face many cold nights ahead. I am Charlemagne, Emperor of...I have been tasked with leading this expedition." He makes similar introductions to each of the assembled crew.

"Vik Donnager? Yours is a gift with magical machines, and perhaps a foreign dialect? I've not heard that spoken in the area, but seldom used hobbies oft find use of great import in the strangest places, here." He nods to the talkative fellow.

He greets Mr. Marvin warmly. "Mr. Marvin, I presume. I believe we will have need of your skills at diplomacy, as Captain Nestor has intimated. Tact is the ability to make a point without making an enemy. I am glad for your company."

He nods to Karsk. "Karsk, my friend. It falls to you as my second. Your knowledge of the area is invaluable. Thank you for accompanying us."

Turning to the silent dog boy, Charlemagne extends one of his many hands. "If my information is correct, you are our logistical support, Leonard Schparkle-Butt the Fourth. The mightiest army perishes for lack of supply. When I ran a campaign against the Saxons, I...digress. You have my ear for any requirements of the fort."

He looks around, but seems disappointed. "I believe we were assigned one more, but...he is missing. Perhaps Hidentown has hidden himself?" He bursts into laughter at what must be the most amusing joke he's ever told. "Punctuality is a sign of respect, but tardiness is oft found in the strongest individuals. We shall hope he makes his appearance prior to our departure, otherwise, he will have to run!" He continues laughing, eventually subsiding to address the team. "Our mission is difficult, but so must it be for any great task to be accomplished. Let the weak address the easy. We are Trailblazers, and we will extend the empire...excuse me, the benevolent reach of Castle Refuge to those who need it. Make your preparations. We will be off as soon as possible."

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 3 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 17 (8)
ISP: 20 / 20
Active Powers: None
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: dewomere, at the diamond hotel, 12th floor Mr. Marvin's suite
Time: the future!

The smartly dressed D'Norr inspector tapped his note book, something was clearly nagging him. He watched Mr. Marvin busy himself with cracking open two great big, baseball sized, large eggs expertly deliverying them to the skillet.
Over his should Mr. Marvin called, " The key here inspecotr Hardin, is heat. Too low, the eggs will not cook through and you burn the bottom. Too high and poof, up in flames and smoke. The key is to maintain control." He maintains the cooking eggs with his spatula. " Now, you had asked me, about my slight smile when I first mention Ashley? Very perseptive Inspector. I suppose I forgot the first rule in my haste to greet her: no hugs. You probably know my juicer rig was modified in a way that exapnds my senses to a very sensitive point. It was not an easy process my any means, nor was it volumtary. I would say the ordeal was akin to indescribable tourture. But once a month I was let out into the common area. There I found and unlikey ally, a young woman with hope amd strength that in turn gave me the courage to live." Mr. marvin looks down at his eggs staring intently while they popped and sizzled, " It was only a few meals perhaps, and some quiet conversations. I learned two great things: One I had to live and two never touch Ashley. Something in my exuberence I had forgotton." The bald juicer slides the eggs onto two warm plates and places a plate in front of the inspector. " Please due induldge yourself. One does not come across eggs that crackle and sit just right on the tooth." Mr. marvin passes over a fork, the inspector tempted does not quiet dig in. The bald Juicer shrugs and continues on cool and collected with a hit of sadness, "I felt extremly horrible when I broke the rule. She reacted so intensely. I am not even sure she remembered me. So I did what I could do to apologize and rectify the imposition I had placed on her. I said with a fair amout of sadness and assurance, Oh I am so terribly Sorry Ashley. It is me Mr. Marvin... You are Ashley right? You look like this young woman I had met in a facility. While being held there I had wanted to kill my self several times over. The day I thought it would happen I had a bland tasting meal with a young unexpected woman. While words were few I gained the strength to continue on and live for a better day. I had always wanted to tell her thank you... Thank you Ashley."

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Ashley's eyes widened, and the color drained from her face.

That's not possible.

"You... You were at the Farm? But...how...how did you?"

Escape.

Unwillingly, unwittingly, Ash's mind flashed back to that moment. That instant when she'd finally just let go, and the world turned white around her, and the weight lifted and she could feel herself dissipating into the air, rushing through doors through halls bursting windows through the roof and... Relief, so intense she was sobbing. Joy so sharp she was laughing. It wasn't until she opened her eyes that she understood the price of her epiphany. The shadows blasted into the reinforced concrete walls...the only ones that had withstood the blast. The mounds of ash and char spread around her. The windows bubbling on the floor. A building, once massive and pristine, now in rubble at her feet.

How many? How many people? One less than I thought.

She looked at the rest of the room, abruptly realizing that the last thing she wanted to do was ask how he'd survived the conflagration she'd started by accident.

No. Not an accident. They did it. They didn't know how it would end, but they did it.

Ash wiped her eyes suddenly, hastily, and got her shit together. She nodded at the psi-stalker and said in a firmer voice, "Look, lets talk about this later okay? I, uh...we shouldn't interrupt the briefing. Sorry everyone."


Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Leo hardly has any time to process the rapid progression of events within the room, and that was certainly saying something! He almost spits his water out after hearing Vik address the young woman. . . Gawking in bewilderment, having he himself nearly blushed at the bluntness, Leo has an errant thought finish its rounds, namely, he finally processes what the rather primal looking d-bee had just whispered before, something about smelling clean?

Was he being ironic. . . do I actually smell horrible. I did bathe just this morning. . . but it is hot. . .

Leo squints, attempting to make sure everyone within his immediate field of view was preoccupied before attempting to detect even the faintest hint of poor hygiene emanating form his person. . . that is, before being immeasurably startled by the sudden eruption of flames, emanating from the very same lass that was being very brazenly propositioned. Whipping around like a dart, a look of profound concern lingers even after the woman quenches her psionically fueled flames -- or at least it had that odor; the heady, vaguely metallic undertones of psychic energy, intermingled with the slightest twinge of ozone.

Suddenly Leo was quite a bit more thirsty than he had been earlier, fumbling for the nearest pitcher whilst maintaining eye-contact as best he can he wasn't quite ready for the massive bear-hug from the somehow imposing, yet easily overlooked queball in a tux. With the sheer amount of breakneck pirouettes demanding his attention, Leo felt he might almost become nauseous. Staring at this gentlemen, he immediately recognizes the odd use of the term "lenny", a shorthand he quickly picked up on, the favorite of a rather eclectic sir that required a ride not too long ago -- this was a rather abiding memory given the ambiguity of why, where, and who this Mr. Marvin needed to see. Not that it was any of his business, but it made it seem rather. . . sketchy. . . given the ride was mostly in silence, and covered an exceedingly vast territory. Actually, Leo would have most certainly gotten lost on his own, so there was a benign undertone to his recollection.

Clearing his throat, "Ahh, Mr. Marvin, yes. . . Hello -- I hope you've been doing well! Small world, you know, was it Ashley, too?" Surprisingly there was a rough, doggish tone to Leo's voice that belied his mannerisms, while not exactly prim, they were indeed indicative of a sharp, thoughtful mind. He felt somewhat reserved talking, it had always been a point of embarrassment throughout his early youth -- having been expected to posses an orators prose, he had a gruff bark. Genetics.

Certainly waning between a busied internal monologue and the social immediacy of the situation Leo instinctively extends a hand to Ashely, "Leonard the Fourth, pleased to meet your acquaintance. . . uh" Staring down at his hand, he has a sudden flashback to just moments earlier. . . then he stares back at Ashley hoping the subconscious gesture wasn't offensive.

Lastly, the rather large Charlemagne seemed to dominate the room with his unabashed height -- he certainly had the oratory skills to match some of the most notable scholars of his familial compound. A look of unexpected endearment brightened up the otherwise anxious mess that had bogged Leo's expressions until now, "Oh, you're familiar with pedigree! Uh, yes, I intend very much to keep the fission-chain a' reacting." The rest of the conversation is somewhat lost on Leo, though, he feels like he's crossed the name Charlemagne before -- it had a very familiar ring to it, but Saxons? They didn't sound like any contemporaneous force he had yet heard of -- the language had a very antiquated sound to it. Leo thought to himself about doing some research.

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Last edited by Leonard IV on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Leonard IV wrote:
"Leonard the Fourth, pleased to meet your acquaintance. . . uh" Staring down at his hand, he has a sudden flashback to just moments earlier. . . then he stares back at Ashley hoping the subconscious gesture wasn't offensive.


"Well isn't that just the vicar's whiskers. A walkin' talkin' poodle. Pleased to meet you Sir Leonard the Fourth, Lord of Dogtown no doubt. Say, we really ought to find you a shih tzu for a girlfriend, you know. 'Cause then when she tosses out a litter they'd all be shitty-poos, right? Which is kind of like all kids, dogs or humans, I s'pose, 'cause of the nappies and everything. Do they put dog-people babies in nappies, too, or do you do house training like normal not-people dogs? Is that the right way to say that? I don't mean to be offensive but where I come from dogs is dogs and people are people, although people talk about being 'dog people' or 'cat people,' but it's sort of a figure of speech, even though people get really serious about it. I spent a weekend with this bird in Glasgow once who had something like six Persians. Hairy buggers, with a real attitude. Fah, cats can be gits like nothing else, you ask me. Anyway, after the third time one takes a bite at me I swat the fleabag with a rolled up paper and the frothing looney I've been shagging all weekend screams like a valkyrie and stabs me with a pair of chopsticks! Well, one chopstick, anyway. See, I've still got the scar here on the back of my hand ...

Ashley Logan wrote:
"Look, lets talk about this later okay? I, uh...we shouldn't interrupt the briefing. Sorry everyone."

"Wait, wot? Was somebody saying something? I thought the 'Good day to die' bloke was done."

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Relaxing in the corner was impossible so Thom activated his enchantments. Someone really needed to fix the AC in this crappy castle. From what he understands this is a recurring thing with the excessive heat.
of the room Thom was listening to all of what was said by the commander. Then listening to the rest he was little disappointed. The Cyber-knight at least should have said something, but some people just don’t care much about manors.
Smiling warmly he looks at the abrasive tech. “Hey, we all need to be friends here and treating your allies poorly won’t help keep us friendly later.
“Personally I think the lady would have been in her right to scorch you a bit and encourage a friendlier attitude.”
Looking to cyber-knight he says. “So where are you from then, another dimension like this one or pre-rifts on this one and the same?” Asking as if he could not see with his own clear eyes the man was not human. But there was no way this man was the Charlemagne. There are too many pictures of the most influential men in pre-rifts politics.
“I was here, I just did not think it was important to stand out quite yet. I get too much attention sometimes and my curiosity in all the new people meant I needed to keep to myself.
“Heck, last time I was the center of attention I was told to disappear or die in the morning.”

Thinking a bit on the moving again in a couple weeks situation Thom thinking. Well he knows lots of ladies and but getting one of them to be willing to come with him will be hard. His mind wanders back to Liz...
The voice was somehow feminine and soft though her words were course. “Good now, clean up time for you to leave, I have clients coming and you cannot be here.” Of course she was right and some of her clients did not like him anyways.
With a stretch and a sigh he says. “Right then, best be off. Ring me if you need another toss.”
A quick wash and then dressed he just could not help himself. Turning the corner after heading out he channeled just a spark of power into his cloak and was ready in no time. Waiting across the street he watched the new clients. Go figure a bland adventuring group, no one would care what they bought anyways. They were not real movers or shakers. Moving off and back to the castle he decided maybe another time.

Yeah he needed to go talk to Liz, she always liked opportunity and this sounds like a excellent opportunity for everyone to make some money.

Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 20/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact


Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Date: July 30, 109 PA
Time: 1400
Weather: 84 F; Hot and Humid; clear skies
Location: Castle Refuge

Captain Kahless answered Marvin, “We aren’t sure exactly how many refugees will come through there. It is a pretty wide corridor of land. That will be part of your mission, to give the castle a good estimate of what to expect.”

He paused, watching the outbursts among this new SET, and shook his head. The Legion had plenty of...unstable elements. It was half the reason they had formed the SET program in the first place, to give these undisciplined elements a way to lash out and let off steam in a controlled manner that would hopefully do some good in the world. He just hoped they didn’t cock this entire mission up before it started.

“You have your orders,” Kahless said. “You have two weeks.” He gave them the fist to chest salute and turned to leave.

Benny
Great RP everyone. Go ahead and take a benny. Write your contact interludes and next week we’ll get on the road.


***

Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7


Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Notice 18
OOC Comments
1d8 (8) ace 1d8 (8) ace 1d8 (2)
1d6 (4)

Karsk looks around and spots Marvin.

"LUNCH!!!!" he shouts with glee

KahlessNestor wrote:
“You have your orders,” Kahless said. “You have two weeks.” He gave them the fist to chest salute and turned to leave.


"Karsk will scout out the initial travel area. Make sure it is free from problems."

OOC Comments
nothing for Karsk to do, so scouting it is for him


Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:44 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: the diamond hotel, 12th floor Dweomer.
Time: the future

Mr. Marvin chuckled and looked at the inpector staring intently at him. " Tomato Juice Inspector, it is quiet chilled."
The inspector grimaced at the think red liquid Mr. Marvin was pouring, " No... No... what was so funny right now?"
Mr. Marvin smiles warmly, " It was Splash man when he first saw me he yelped out Lunch. I believe my exact words were in response, No not me Splash man, but perhaps if we work together we can find something that pleases us both. We had done something similar during the Tolkeen war, and at the time I was feeling peckish."
The inspector taps his notebook, and comments, " Oh yeah your need to feed on psychic potential energy." To which Mr. Marvin nods. The inspector continues " Ok, so I think I have a good idea of who was there at the initial briefing. Can you go into a bit more detail in how exactly you got Bill and his family to come with you?"

Mr. Marvin looks a bit sad, he had only been told his friend had been killed a few moments ago, " First though, I did not even tell you about our leader, Charles, a prerift hero reborn! He of course recognized my natural talents for diplomacy, and I bowed slightly excited to meet the cyber knight for the first time. I recollect I must have told him, indeed a pleasure to meet you. With me along, allies and a strong coalition are sure to follow. Sometime Inspector Hardin, I will have to tell you about our first foray into diplomacy...". After a quick gulp of the rest lf his strigent tomato juice he continues abet solemnly, "Well like I said it wasn't hard... The Sandyman family had a little house just outside the castle walls. I guess they liked to farm, and had tried to till the grounds nearby to no avail. It seemed like luck was not with them. I had been the one to escort them out of Tolkeen to the castle to begin with so I felt a... A sense of responsibility to make sure they got the chance at a life they wanted." Mr. Marvin pauses to take a drink of his red juice. " The kids I remember most, 2 girls and a boy always running arround the castle like they owned the place. I sat brefly with Bill, his brother, and his wife and explained the deal with Fort Hope. Kahless had said there was really no idea how many refugees would be comimg through, but I had a feeling that it would be more than enough to make it worthwhile for the Sandyman clan. But really it wasn't about creds for them. They just wanted a chance to do hard work, and make a better life for themselves and others. Mr. Marvin takes down a framed photo of the Sandyman clan. " Honestly, I was not sure about Serge, Bill's brother. I used to have a hard time putting my finger on it, but he struck me a bit different than Bill and his wife, or kids for that matter. I would describe Bill and his family as honest to a fault. But his brother, had some larceny to him if that makes sense. But it was a deal breaker to break the family apart and so Bill and his five family members came with us."

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Turning his head in bewilderment, Leo is still standing with his hand outstretched towards Ashley -- for a moment, Leo attempts to process the seemingly errant barrage of words directed towards him. He looks questioningly towards Ashley for some tacit measure of acknowledgment that this was far from normal behavior for humans. Having met precious few, Vik seemed, eclectic, even from Leo's minute experience.

Is. . . is he feebleminded?

He squints, rubbing his eyes, a sudden flash of recognition sparked as Vik continued to speak, a man Leo had met -or rather witnessed- just before he signed on with the Tomorrow Legion -- his mind addled from the unspeakable terrors having survived the razing of Tolkeen. This man bore a remarkable semblance, but could it have been him? No, Leo thought to himself, Vik was far less cogent. Truly, whatever horrors (or whore-ors ;) ) Vik had encountered ravaged his psyche to a far greater extent. . .

Leo found the mention of house-training a tinge ironic, as apparently, Vik suffered from verbal incontinence. Leo can't help but feel pity for this socially arrested, apocalypse-tattered mad-hatter, but it wasn't Vik's fault his mind couldn't conceive of the genetic hybridities, and scientific wonders borne form a technological renaissance -- even he lacked the biological expertise to fully understand how the scientists of yore overcame the pre-zygotic barriers that would have rendered such amalgamations infertile. Alas, Leo remembered not to question the creation of the firstborn -- his lineage maintained scrupulously by the clan apothecaries of his familial commune. Clutching a pendant hanging from his neck, Leo nods, recalling the dedication demanded of every Schparkle-butt.

Leo, contemplates for a moment, to meditate on what his response to Vik, as many of his social nuances would be lost on the man. "Uhh, hmm. Well I'm not certain what a Shih Tzu is, but I am obligated to wed whatever woman the gene-matron deems proper. . . if that's what you were asking?" he seems very aloof towards the notion, the puns being several centuries removed from Leo's upbringing, "Well dogs. . . are dogs? Are humans not more than nude Australopithecines? I Share no more kinship with primitive canines than anyone else in the room feels towards primordial simians. . ." Grasping at the pendant hanging from his neck, he reveals a holo-projector very much in the shape of a dog-tag. . . "We Schparkle-butts's have been elevated for centuries, tracing our lineage to the almighty gene-matron: Lady Schparkle-butt, the Illustrious." The image springs forth, and Leo looks very proud of his heritage. Despite the mixed reactions occurring throughout the room.

After concealing the tag beneath his shirt, Leo clears his throat a bit, "Yes, well, pardon me, but I'm sure you probably deserved the scar. . . otherwise, I am pleased to meet your acquaintance."

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
The convoy was almost entirely wrecked. Numerous burning vehicles belched smoke into the sky. The Coalition soldiers were having fun at this point, taking blindfolded shots at wounded d-bees crawling away from the wreckage while their fellow soldiers were acting as spotters. "Wide left! Bring it in. Aw, the freak is still crawling. Two clicks right and he's yours!" Others were making worse sport of the survivors. This Coalition squadron was known for its brutal and merciless behavior, and they were living up to every bit of their reputation.
The hovercar of professor Zacra Daeli was disabled, but was heavily obscured by black smoke from the destroyed vehicle in front of it. While the professor and its child (the professor's race is asexual) had escaped notice, they were unable to exit the wrecked vehicle due to the damage.

Until the Super SAMAS ripped the doors off.
"Look here, boys! Got a couple...what the hell are you? Don't matter. Look like d-bee scum to me. Fresh meat!" The SAMAS pilot ripped both of the occupants from the car and threw them against a mound of earth. The landing opened a gash on the professors head, but the child fell awkwardly, a broken arm the result. It cried out in pain. "Aw, looks like I clipped its little wing! Here kid. You won't have to worry about a break when I burn it off. Hold still!" The pilot jeered. He pulls a pistol, turns his head, makes some internal calculations, and prepares to fire. "Check it out, corporal. No look, one shot, left shoulder!"

The professor moves between the armor and the child, pleading. "We have done nothing to you! My child can't harm you! Please spare him. I have money enough to buy your retirement if you choose. Just spare my child!"

The SAMAS captain doesn't oblige. "No thanks. I don't do it for the money. But I'll still take what's on your corpse after you watch the brat die." He pulls the trigger. A dead on shot, aimed exactly at the spot he called.

The blast impacts on thin air, five feet from the child.

"The hell...captain, you missed." The corporal stammers.

"Bullshit I missed." The pilot spat as he turned to look at the child. Sure enough, the child is lying, unburned, against the berm, whimpering in fear. "The frak...I said hold still!" He doesn't mess with the pretense of turning his head. He takes the time to line up his shot and squeezes the trigger. BAM! The shot impacts five feet from the head of the child. A slight shimmer is visible as the laser blast strikes. "Magic? Even worse. Fine. Block this!" The SAMAS pilot brings his railgun to bear and readies himself to drill both of his targets.

"Captain!" The corporal shouts and points, but not soon enough. The receiver of the railgun is lopped neatly in half by a shimmering sword. Unfortunately for the SAMAS pilot, the cyber knight's psi sword took half an arm and half of the other hand with it. "AAAAAAARGH! Contact left!" The captain calls, but contact has already been made, and from all sides. The coalition squad is taking fire, and taking it poorly. Mingled magic and psionic attacks peppered with conventional lasers. And in the middle of it all, a four armed cyber knight, twin psi swords flitting and dashing about, cutting meat and machinery alike with equal abandon.

"Blaggards and ruffians! Test yourselves now against the army of Charlemagne. You will find yourselves lacking, but only briefly. We will dispense with your villainy before the minute is out!" True to his word, his small force, outnumbered 3 to 1 against the coalition, handily destroys the CS squadron to the last man. The SAMAS pilot, wings clipped and legs cut out beneath him, spits at the Lyn-Srial cyber knight. "I'll see you in hell, bird man."

Charlemagne, amused by the implication, laughs. "Unlikely, my friend. The Pope has blessed my reign, and I know the truth. You will soon discover it for yourself." With that, the united psi sword cuts cleanly across the neck of the pilot, the last vestiges of life escaping in a spurt of blood.

The cyber knight's companions begin combing the battlefield for surviving refugees or coalition holdouts. Charlemagne approaches the professor. "Hail, and well met. I see you are, while injured, relatively whole. See here, my companion Kal-Serou will attend to your injuries, and that of your child. I am Charlemagne, once the leader of the Holy Roman Empire, now commander of this troop of valiant defenders. I lament only that we were unable to arrive sooner. Too many lives were lost needlessly. I fear the situation in Tolkeen will only deteriorate."

The professor smiles, relieved to be alive and not seriously maimed. "I believe you are correct, which is why my progeny and I have fled. I am Zacra Daeli, a student of life, existence, and realities. I am in your debt eternally, for saving my life and that of my child. If ever you need anything, I will do anything in my power to help."

The cyber knight smiles. "Good soul, I am grateful. Let us get you to your feet and moving. You will not wish to remain here among the dead, unless you wish to join them. Pray tell, have you a destination in mind?"

The two converse about a great many things on the remainder of the trip to Castle Refuge. When the call comes up to assign Charlemagne to Fort Hope, Professor Daeli departs immediately to arrive first, to get a feel for the land.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 3 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 17 (8)
ISP: 20 / 20
Active Powers: None
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Leonard IV wrote:
" ... Lady Schparkle-butt, the Illustrious." The image springs forth, and Leo looks very proud of his heritage. Despite the mixed reactions occurring throughout the room.

After concealing the tag beneath his shirt, Leo clears his throat a bit, "Yes, well, pardon me, but I'm sure you probably deserved the scar. . . otherwise, I am pleased to meet your acquaintance."


Vik looks as if he's swallowed a fly, or maybe a low-flying, unladen sparrow.

"Lady ... Schparkle ... butt ...? You mean, really ... You're great-great-great-grand was named ... Lady ... Schparkle ... butt ... the Illustrious?" he says, a look of blank surprise on his face as he struggles to squeeze out the words.

"Well, I, uh, rather, beg pardon, sir. I did not realize ... ah ... that I was in the presence of ... er ... royalty," Vik finishes, before bowing low with the sort of perfect form only attained by the British. "My apologies and, if you do so, er, allow, I take my leave."

With the meeting appearing to be at an end, Vik exits the room. Soon after, raucous, uncontrolled laughter and/or weeping can be heard in the hallway. After several minutes, the sounds are replaced with a clattering 'thud' and pained moaning.



Vik spends the two weeks before the group's departure in the Castle's infirmary, recovering from serious intercostal muscle strain in his ribs.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Ashley watched Vik go, then looked back at Leo. She was torn. On the one hand, the name really WAS a bit much. On the other...

"Hey, Leonard," she said, a little awkwardly. She felt a little awkward with psi-hounds these days. Growing up in the city, the 'Dog Boys' were always talked about in glowing terms, the loyal servants and protectors of humanity. And unlike a lot of the soldiers, they were usually nice. Dog Boys liked people, most of the time.

Then she was a AWOL and a hunted psychic and that sort of thing kind of soured one's relationship with the #1 hunters.

"I, uh...I dunno what his problem is," Ash went on, nodding after Vik. "I don't know much about Dog Boys or how they're brought up, but I've never heard of any of that. Are you from Lone Star? I've heard they're on a whole other level with psi-hounds down there."


Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Leo sports a quizzical gleam in his eye as Vik mocks several hundred years of scrupulously maintained pedigree -- even as socially unawares Leo happened to be, the sardonic undertones were well received. When Vik scampers off, Leo mutters to nobody in particular, but is hardly quiet, "Rude. . ." There was nothing silly about the name Schparkle-butt. . . was there?

Isn't he named after a Phallus, though? His mother must have reviled him. . .

The bequeathed title of "Dick" being clearly lost as a "given" nickname, Poor Leo assumes there was something of a Freudian slip when young Vik came to term -- what exactly that inferred about the parties involved was something Leo didn't dwell on.

Without skipping a beat, Leo turns to Ashley, immeasurably thankful he hadn't stoked the flame (so to speak) and nods at her emphatically. "Oh, I'm sure it's just the weather. . .", avoiding the phrase heat, "Dog-Boys? Oh, we've, uh, my clan, that is, always just referred to ourselves by our lineage. . . I have heard that term, Dog-boy, a few times circulated when I arrived at Tolkeen. . ." trailing off, he wanders back to some the horrible aftermath he stumbled upon, "People were initially afraid I was allied with the, oh what did they call them. . . the CS? It took a few days to convince refugees I wasn't affiliated. I've never heard of Lone Star, and what's a Psi-hound?"

He forces a bit of a nervous laugh after mentioning the word Psi-hound, although very unused to the vernacular here, he wasn't dense -- hoping there was no negative connotation between Dog-boys and manifest psychic powers. That sounded like it might have been a thing. . . maybe? Still tepid to express the extent of his own psychic reservoirs -- or what he had been told were psychic powers.

"From what I can surmise, I've led a very different life. . ." His voice trails off, somewhat longing for the quiet days spent tinkering in seclusion, but more in astonishment as to how vastly different the world outside his bunker happened to be. "But I am dedicated to making a difference if I can, I can say that much I was raised to do."

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: Dweomer 12th floor of the house of Diamonds
Time: the future

Inspector Hardin got up gathering his things to leave, " I think that will be all for now Mr. Marvin, I might come back later on with more questions..."

Mr. Marvin nods understanding. The morning was getting away from them... Mr. Marvin glances at a clock, 10AM... Feeding time. He looks at the inspectors untouch juice and sighs... " Please inspector I did not tell you how I came by Sundance..." The inspector midway in the process of opening the door turns to face Mr. Marvin but must have slipped because he hits his head against something and crumples to ground out cold.

Location: Unknown
Time: the future

Mr. Marvin looks at the unconcious inspector. The two are in a dark musty room, water stains are all alomg the top of the concrete ceiling, a raging furnace makes the room hot... Boiling. " Come now Inspector I wish you could hear this, Sundance was a magnificent creature. A lord amongst horses. How did I come by this mare you struggle to ask?" Mr. Marvin looks at his guest and laughs. " Ahh a good question for someone so injured. You see I had to ask that ill mannered friend of mine Spash Man for help. While I am helping Bill and his family pack it dawns on me I need a horse. I am an expert rider and we are heading to the wilds, a fort to boot! I find Splash Man getting ready for his scouting foray and I tell him with great pleasure, Splash Man, we have two weeks to get ready, what do you say in helping your dear friend find a horse. Something well trained or at least capable of allowing me as a rider. Of course I am not like you, and to our better for it, so I cannot voodoo an animal, but generally they do appriciate my touch. Just... No T-Rex's this time.". Mr Marvin pats the D'Norr's horns lightly and looks at a large roasting spit in the corner.
" Time to make lunch inspector. I Do love our little conversations."

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Thomas was not happy about an assignment that would even further remove him from civilization and everything useful, but as long as he was not stuck with a knife and bleeding out alone in his foyer then no need to complain. But he definitely needed to find someone he liked to spend that time with.
Thomas decided if he was going to get someone to come with him his best hope would be Liz. She always liked his company more than was good for either of them and if there were no other women in the area at least the two of them could still hook up now and then.
Setting off after the meeting was done he went to her place after making a couple false turns to lose any potential tails.
Meh, he was never any good with this stuff anyways, but had to try.
Walking up to the abandoned old transport she used as her combined house and office he gave a little knock before going in.
“Hey Liz, how's it going.” His smile was genuine, but for some reason her look was suspicious.
“What brings you here so early in the morning. For that matter what has you awake and moving so early?” She eyed him.
Still happy he wondered over and opened the drawer above the mini dishwasher, pulling out a bottle opener. “Oh, I was just coming by to tell you about this new assignment I am going on. Would be nice to have a merchant with me, with your resources and skills it would be like having a field all your own for harvesting.
“I brought wine, full glass or just a couple fingers?” He said while filling her glasses.
“May as well fill it up.” She sighed. “Let me finish half of it, before you fill my head with whatever scheme you have.”

* * * * *

Relaxing as they waited under the pull out awning she had installed on the side of the APC and finishing up her second glass of win Liz was feeling much more amenable to Thomas and his line of reasoning. “So your idea is I go with this military crew settling in to a new place and try to start my business up there?
“And the only thing you have to get me there is the promise that as one of the first comer I will” making quote signs in the air. “Most likely get my own place.”
Thinking she had a pretty good grasp of what he was saying he just kept chatting. “Sure, and think about it, if you are ever in a pinch I will be there to help you out. We can work, just like we did before that whole business with my sister and my brother.
“Besides, I could not bare to leave without you. You are my favorite person and best friend.” Sure he was sincere, but he was always sincere no matter who he spoke those words to.

* * * * *

Spending most of the rest of the week with Liz, Thomas was able to secure a commitment, but not without the clear expectation that he would be hearing about it every time something went wrong.

Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 20/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact


Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Benny!
Everyone take +1 Benny for good interludes about your contacts.


Date: August 13, 109 PA
Time: 0800
Weather: 81 F; Light breeze, clear
Location: Castle Refuge

Captain Kahless was awaiting the Trailblazers just outside the gates of the castle walls where Leonard’s Mountaineer Mk. II and Karsk’s rhino-buffalo waited. The massive beast was chowing hungrily down on a couple cow carcasses. A trailer had been modified, and a team of Legionnaires was very carefully working to attach a pull harness to the rhino-buffalo. It looked like the trailer could be pulled by either the massive beast or the Mountaineer, to give the animal a rest.

“The first leg of your journey will be north to Baldur’s Ferry,” Captain Kahless told them. “We sent the people you recruited to help you on ahead to contact Legion representatives there and make preparations for you to head upriver. We were going to send you by barge. We’ve contracted with a riverman in Baldur’s Ferry to bring you regular supplies. But since you have your own transport,” he looked at the Mountaineer, “we don’t need to send one of our depot vehicles, so you can choose to take the river or try your luck overland once you get to Baldur’s Ferry.

“We’ve given you enough supplies for seventy-five people,” Kahless continued, indicating the trailer. “As well as some basic building materials and supplies, and a cache of weapons and ammunition you can use to fortify your position and garrison.”

He pulled out several black credcards and handed one to each of them. “Here are some credits to purchase any further supplies you think you might need while you are in Baldur’s Ferry. Do you have any questions before you leave?”

Resources
You have been provided 3 Supply resources, 1 Build resource, 1 Miliary resource, and each received 1 Raw resource. These have been accounted for in the Tracking thread, as have any resources your Contacts bring with them.


***

Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7


Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Vik strolls out with his kit loaded into a gunny sack, squinting in the sunlight. His ribs are mostly healed, but still a bit tender. He grins as he notices the rhino-buffalo grazing next to the group's transport.

"Oy, look at that! It's a Mountaineer next to a Dewback. Regular Mt. Dew! Ha! Toss in some vodka and we'd have a regular old good time, tot for tit, right what."

He looks around, but no one else seems to find it funny, or to even understand what he's saying.

"Aw, buncha post-apocky-lipstick wankers, the buncha you, don't know Mt. Dew, nor vodka most like. Code Red? Voltage? Making me feel older than my five centuries, no 'preciation for the finer things, natch, 'cause your mutated DNA hadn't even been flash-fried by a meltdown yet. Don't know why I bother, couldn't educate a cow, even if the frothing Dewback hadn't chewed off it's noggin, Hannibal Lector-like."

Still muttering, he stomps off to the Mountaineer to load his stuff, then looks over the vehicle with a critical eye, tap-tap-tapping the metal frame every so often as he does.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
1d8 (7)
1d6 (4)

Karsk spent the last few days out on the trail finding Lunch a horse that Toad the Rhino Buffalo didn't eat or scare away; well Karsk did help himself to a leg or two along the way. He was partial to a bit of horse leg. Unfortunately none of the horses could get used to Toad.

OOC Comments
Tracking
1d8+2 = 6 (4)
1d6+2 = 8 (6)

Riding to break the horse
1d8 (2)
1d6 (2)


Departure
Karsk looked at Vik confused at the words coming out of his mouth.

"Karsk wonders is man broken? He appears to be defective.


Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Considering to himself riding with a vampire, a cannibal, a insane cyber-knight and a drunken lunitic Thomas considers his situation, while trying hard not to smell. What the hell have them teamed me up with. perhaps working with demon bonding siblings was better. I wonder if it is too late to maybe go into private practice or perhaps a little time as jigging for the nicer ladies.

This cannot possibly be the best way to make a living. these are the kind of people that are going to kill me and leave my body slumped while they finish their diner, kill me and eat me, or drink my soul and kill me. To top it off not a one of them would notice.


Choosing not to get himself killed by pointing out, Yes indeed the man is definitely fricken broken. Thomos instead trying to keep a reasonable distance from the one who smells like stale beer and fresh beer combined into a vomit inducing paradise Thomas smile and says to the group. "So can anyone think of anything we forgot?" Followed up by looking directly at Marvin and adding. "While I am opposed to eating unwilling sentient beings. I understand as a you have needs. Do you have willing stock to feed off of or do we need to talk to command about covering our bases?


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 20/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact


Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: 12th floor of the Diamond House Hotel in Dweomer
Time: The Future!!

Mr. Marvin washes his hand in the sink and looks out into the Dweomer setting sun hitting the buildings in a soft angle. He sighs wiping his hands with a towel. He looks at his shrub near the window, and spritz' it with some water. He smiles at it, it or its seedlings had been with him since the days of Fort Hope. " Well Tommy, that was a mess wasn't it... Do you remember when I found you or perhaps your forefather?" The plant stirs in the soft blowing wind, " It was just after your namesake asked me to purchase the rights to feed off of him. I couldn't believe it myself, you should have seen my face." The plant shivers and its iridescent leaves give off a soft glow. " I know right. Well I told him, No I will stave off my hunger if I must. No hero will suffer because of my needs... However, this harness is not your normal juicer harness. If you see me transform into a bloodthirsty maniac feel free to put me out of my misery because if I cannot control the monster the coalition put inside it... " Mr. Marvin turns the plant just so allowing the other side to get some sun. Mr. Marvin chuckles to himself, " That's when I got close to Tommy and whispered, if you see me like that coming for Ashley you need to kill me. She held me together and did me a favor I can never repay. She might not remember, but I do. If I switch this thing on and I cannot control the beast that comes out... If I come after her... You just kill me Tommy, just kill me." Mr. Marvin picks up a black sack and clanks sounding like wood planks hitting each other. Mr. Marvin nods to the shrub and with a great big smile cheers, " That is a lot of bones, we did good Tommy, we did Good!" Mr. Marvin heads out presumably to the garbage shoot.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
Charlemagne simply nods at Vik, incredulously. "Why...yes. A Blueblack. I've not heard it called that, but..." He glances at the emblem on his breastplate, wondering what Vik might be referring to. "Oh, you mean the rhino-buffalo. I will endeavor to learn your dialect as our time together progresses, though the stars burn out as I try. They are common beasts of burden." He smiles, then proceeds to load his few belongings. This one may very well have suffered Luna's touch. Tactics fail when communication fails. How ever will we discern a warning versus a call to ale from him?

He accepts the parting gift from Kahless. "Captain, by Heaven's grace, we shall endeavor and succeed in the task you have ordained for us. May the Lord's Favor shine upon us as we go into the wild." He bows to his superior officer, and prepares to depart.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 3 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 17 (8)
ISP: 20 / 20
Active Powers: None
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Listening to Mr Marvin then to Charlemagne Thom's eyes felt strained. Maybe it is a migraine, maybe it is a some sort of tumor, or just a psychic attack of some kind. But Thomas was certain that between the people in the room there were five conversations unrelated to one another taking place. His own conversation with Marvin was so strange he has no clue if the poor guy should be safely locked away in an asylum or if perhaps he should just be poisoned in his sleep out of mercy. But that man is dangerous and has an obvious disconnect from the current environment.


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 20/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact


Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
The next several weeks had passed almost too hastily for Leo's liking, feeling out of place amidst the inhabitants of Castle Refuge, the vast majority of his time had been spent sequestered within the confines of his Mountaineer. . . it felt more comfortable than wandering aimlessly through a foreign campus, a tacit reminder of the life he had once known. Lost in thought, Leo ponders, a myriad of eventualities awaited the motley band of Legionnaires.

We have a common mission. . . yet no one's goals are aligned. . . actually, I'm not even sure there's a general consensus regarding cogency.

Tinkering around the cockpit of the mountaineer Leo distracts himself from the existential musings twining at the back of his head. Machines were always less brusque than people, or at least he found them to be, the individual character of a machine was something he fundamentally enjoyed. . . although he couldn't quite put the nuance into words. Nevertheless, the mountaineer was a quizzical conglomeration of practicality and gratuitous excess. . .

A clangorous chirping causes Leo's head to snap-up as he promptly recalls that his two-weeks of anxious preparation was at an end. Sighing, he scampered past the congested interior towards the robust portal that served as a barrier between the sanctity of his mountaineer and the violent twitching death throes of his peace of mind. Opening the door, he jumps down in just enough time to catch Khaless wish the "team" a fond farewell.

Leo tilts his head back as a deluge of essentials courses through his mind, he absolutely wanted to make sure that there was nothing essential he required before heading out into the wilderness. As if snapping to, "Ah, I actually could use a new set of tools! I didn't manage a proper set when I initially left home. . ." Leo awkwardly laughs the notion off, but it had been rather trying to manage rudimentary maintenance with nothing more than a soldering iron and some gum.

Leo waits for the Captains response as Vik draws several confused reactions from the team -- Leo just rubs his eyes as he attempts to make heads or tails of the archaic dialect.

What in blazes. . . Code Red, Moutain Dew? What kind of jargon is this!? Wait, vodka is a beverage, alcoholic -- hmm this warrants further study.

Leo decides it best to satiate his curiosity within the archival databases when he had the luxury of doing so, not that such information was ever in abundance, or readily available, but it seemed a better course of action than asking Vik directly.

Speaking of Vik, as the man began to inspect the sides of the mountaineer, Leo's tail twitched with each successive rasp on the exterior of the colossal ATV. Chalking it up to Vik's eccentricities, Leo tries his best to distract himself.

Clearing his throat, "Hrmm, well, yes, there is a small matter I wanted to clear up before we hit the road. . . namely that the mountaineer handles much better with a copilot to help monitor sensors and such. I could manage alone, but it would be more efficient, and much safer if I could devote my full attention to driving."

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Thomas smiles at one of they few sane people he has met within the Legion so far. "I would love to help but my skills are more in the area of administration and leadership. I do have a little bit of experience riding in vehicles but the drivers always did the driving."


Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Ashley looked over, having just picked up her 'kit' after the commander's sendoff. There wasn't much to it...mostly just the trusty old Northern Gun survival pack, freshly refilled from commissary.

"Co-pilot? Let me take a look. I've never driven anything that big before, but I've driven ATVs and stuff. I had a Big Boss for awhile before I had to ditch it."

She hefts her rucksack over her shoulder and goes over towards Leo, in the towering shadow of the Mountaineer's bulk.


Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: Dweomer, 12th floor of rhe Diamond House
Time: the future

Upon returning from his morning rounds in the streets lf dweomer Mr. Marvin is greeted at his fromt door by a sandy haired little girl of about 10 years of age. He smiles at her with his hands full of items purchased at the local bazzar. Gently he says, " Laura, can you get the door." She nods and giggles opening the door. She lets him in and follows sitting promptly at the kitchen counter after,clamboring up a barstool. " You must be hungry Laura, its nearly noon, did you sleep well?" The human girl nods looking arround inquisitively.

Curiosly she asks, " Where did the D'Norr inspector go? I liked him." She takes a bag of food from Mr. Marvin and struggles to help him put the items away into the Larder.

Mr. Marvin shrugs and smiles, " He did not seem to be feeling well. I do hope he got home unmolested." Mr. Marvin looks at the framed picture of bill and his family. He abscemtly traced a finger over the belly of Bill's Wife. He sighs lookimg at the guest room door ajar. " Well its just about time for lunch sleepy head, what do you feel like eating?"

She points to the empty tomato juice jug, " Oh I had that, it looked so yummy. Real thick and freah, not like the kind they make downtown." She settles in to the barstool on the counter, " I heard you telling the Inspector something about Fort Hope and the 101st set. I love stories can you tell me a bit more about how it all started..."

Mr. Marvin sits accross from her and grasps her hands warmly, " It was a grand time Laura, although at the time I did not know it. My initial reaction to the group the tomorrow legion had assembled was one of couched surprised. Mostly I was surprised they did not send us out with more folks that were in need of beimg fixed." He laughed at Laura's look of shock. He waved his hand trying to explain, " No, not robots or machines. But living flesh and blood often needs to be fixed just the same. We had a drunk, a romantic, the pragmatic, the hopeful, a comic, and one hero." Mr. Marvin took a breath looking at his young friend. " Well, Laura we were getting ready to head out. Putting our gear on our horses or all terrain vehicle. My friend for a long time Splash Man, delivered a 3 legged horse to me for which I prompltly paid him 300 creds and told him, I am eternally grateful it came back with any legs. We laughed, an inside joke I suppose, during the war he had done me a similar favor... Only the horse I was supposed to use for my getaway had its tires so to speak nawed off. Then Lenny came by asking if any of us could drive. It seemed he was in need of a co-pilot. I laughed smiling at my poodle friend and said, If we could eat it we would drive it, but it seems Ashley has you well in hand."

Laura gasped, " Oh no Marvin, not a pretty baby horse..."

Mr. Marvin shrugged taking a whet paper towl and wiping a dark red smudge that had recently marred his white wall near the front door. While giving it some elbow grease he turned to his young friend and grinned, " It was a wild place, fort hope was... We did know it, but having access to live animals was going to be cruicial to our task."

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Date: August 17, 109 PA
Time: 1600
Weather: Very hot (near 100); Light wind, heavy rain
Location: About a day plus outside of Baldur’s Ferry (near Creighton, MO)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers: -2 visibility for ranged attacks due to rain

“Tools?” Captain Kahless conferred with Leo. “I believe there is a set of the basics in the Mountaineer,” he told Leo. “Same cargo compartment with the jack and tire iron. Nothing fancy, but should have everything you need.”

The captain left the team in the hands of the quartermaster for any final needs, and then the Trailblazers were on the way out of Castle Refuge.

Travel through the rolling, forested foothills of the Ozarks was rather uneventful. Driving proved tedious, as the much faster Mountaineer had to go at the slower pace of Toad, the rhino-buffalo. The team stopped a few times in small settlements known to be friendly to the Legion, but as they passed out of the foothills, it became more important to avoid known Coalition settlements closer to the more open river valleys.

The team didn’t run into any trouble the first three days. They camped in the wilderness, avoiding settlements as they got closer to Coalition territory. The fourth day dawned exceptionally hot, pushing a hundred degrees. Even with the internal A/C of the Mountaineer, it was getting stuffy and smelly. The fur-covered Toad was cranky. None of this was helped when they ran into a thunderstorm just as they were keeping an eye out for a campsite to end the day. Lightning cracked, thunder roared, and rain poured down in sheets, making visibility difficult.

As the team crests a hill, they spot a small settlement. Two massive creatures of brown and black fur -- rhino-buffalo -- meander through, occasionally knocking down a hovel, villagers rushing in the rain to flee. Suddenly one of the rhino-buffalos leaps, coming down hard on a fleeing villagers. Massive jaws crunch down, cutting the man in half, then chewing lazily, blood mingling with rain as it dripped down the bull’s furry beard. The other rhino-buffalo was slightly smaller and seemed to be female. She nosed her way in for the other half of the villager.

Suddenly the beasts snorted. The bull looked up, his gaze fixating on Toad. A rival! Toad grows agitated, pawing the ground, eying the cow, snorting at the bull aggressively.

Interlude
It’s a long, boring trip. Tales get told, whether in the transport or around a campfire. Choose one:
  • Use your Narrative Hook (or roll on the table, if you like), and tell that story.
  • How did your character decide to join the Tomorrow Legion or the Trailblazers?
  • Standard Interlude rules. Roll 1d4:
    • 1: Clubs - Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Hindrances if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.
    • 2. Spades - Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?
    • 3. Hearts - Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?
    • 4. Diamonds - Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.


Notice
A successful Notice roll sees small, almost bat-like creatures the size of small dogs clinging to the fur of the rhino-buffalos

Image


Karsk
Please review the Mounted Combat rules in SWD p. 83. We will consider Toad a trained fighting mount. We will consider Toad to go on your turn. He is an Extra, and so has 1 Wound. All Riding rolls will be at -2 due to Toad being distracted by a rival bull and a female in heat.


Combat
Initiative: I used actual cards instead of annoying coding. Let me know if that bothers you and next time I will do the coding.
Distance: Everyone is about 10” away from the rhino-buffalos. I’m working on a map. Everyone can get Interlude posts up, and Charlemagne and Marvin can post the first round of their combat.

Charlemagne KC
Marvin (Level headed; Quick after first round) QS, JS
Rhino-Buffalos QD
Karsk and Toad (Quick) 9S
Ashley 7D
Leonard (Quick) 5S, 7C
Stirges 5D
Thomas 4D
Vik 2S


Map
Image


***

Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Scene Rolls, notices hangers on, does not recognize what they are
Notice 1d8 (4)
Notice Wild 1d6 (3)

Survival 1d8 (1)
Survival Wild 1d6 (3)

Whiny narrative passably fluffed with more plagiarism to come.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Location: Dweomer Defense Force precinct 3
Time: the future

An angry beat cop by the name of Samuel Grin Delesky slammed a pre-rift phone book into Mr. Marvin's temple. The sole hanging lamp swung to and from like an electric jitter bug. A few flecks of Mr. Marvin's blood was splattered on full length mirror.

The angry officer adjusts his belt and looks down at the meaty book in his hand. " You know what Pal, you come into our pricinct with some allegedly found notes, written in our commodore's hand about a discussion he was having with you regarding the tomorrow legion... Lord's sake Commadore Bane has been missing for a whole week!" The distressed officer shoves Mr. Marvin into the two way mirror, Mr. Marvin's head cracks against it. " Now, tell me from the beginning. How did you come by his notes and why was talking to you!?"

Mr. Marvin chuckles his face smashed ino the mirror smearing it a bit with blood and saliva, " Really officer, is this how you treat all your concerned citizens? He was talking to me because he had a keen intrest in the Tomorrow Legion. He wanted to know why I joined. The reason I tell most folks is that I was in the wrong place at the right time. A bar in this mud ball of a town called Charr. The town had been plagued by splurgoth slavers but its watering hole Abcent served decent drink and food. Out its one dingy dirst speckled window, I had the chance to see a group of legionaires save a kid's life from an angry mob being led by one of the most fiercest female cyclops you have ever seen. A real Grilka. It seemed like folks that could stand tall were my kind of folks.". Mr. Marvin manages to turn arround still pressed to the mirror. He looks the officer in the eye and softly says, " But that is just what I tell people because they want something more than the truth. Simply put I joined the legion to rid the world of people like yourself officer Delesky." The officer steps back from him, he is not wearing a name badge. The shock that Mr. Marvin knew his name is across his face. Mr. Marvin looks at him with cool eyes and looks at the security cameras conveniently turned off. Mr. Marvin wipes a smidge of blood off his lip and snears, " Oh yes, I joined the Legion because the world is filled with Sam Grin Delesky's... Do you remember the little settlement outside Baulder's ferry? A rougue pair of Rhino Buffalos attacked, it was hotter than it had any right to be and it was raining hot stinging pellets that melted flesh." The officer reeled in horror and made for the door. Mr. Marvin was juat faster and held the door shut. He put his face into the officers. Mr. Marvin grinned his woumds already healing.

" This room has no functioning cameras, the two way mirror is fake. This is your special room isn't officer Delesky. The room where you feel... Feel powerful." Mr. Marvin crushes the handle "locking" the door then sits in one of the two chairs in the room. Mr. Marvin adjusts his tie and suit straightening it and slides the second chair towards the officer who is frantically but with no success jiggling the broken door handle.

" Really officer, sit down. I am going to tell a little story, and you tell me if it sounds familiar. This little settlement out in the sweltering rain was being trampled by a pair of rhino buffaloes. You pushed a man down, your best friend by all accounts, in a successful attempt to save your own life. This was where you developed a taste for power, power over life and death." The officer looks at Mr. Marvin shocked and the juicer calmly continues, " How do I know? I was there I leaped off my dead horse, skidded down the rise is the mud and muck and found myself face to face with the dark side of the human condition. Oh and a female Rhinobuffalo.
Notice 5, Action 1: draw vibrosword, Action 2: fighting vs clinger 8 damage 31Ap4 plus 4 with raise, Action 3 Suvival to calm the FRB 6, MAP of -2 included with everything, movement 11 of so paces to in front of FRB.
Notice 1d6 (5) wild 1d6 (1)
Draw his vibro sword: split the seconds action
Fighting against creature on the female RB, MAP -2, 1d8-2 = 0 (2) wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)benny for Ef 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
  • Damage with vibro sword ap4: 1d12 (12) ace 1d12 (9) 1d10 (6)+4
    • Raise 1d6 (4)
Survival against it to calm it: +2 bonus from animal empathy, MAP -2, JoT, 1d4 (1) wild 1d6 (4)
Oh and another -2, so total is 2... benny to EF 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


The officer drops the big book with a thud, he says with quiet anger, " So you were the juicer huh, I remember seeing you fly down that crest like a bullet. You seemed to be skiing along the rain slicked grass. Didn't you pull some kind of stunt?Use one of the crushed homes as a ramp and leap over the beast slashing at it as you tumbled over it. I had never seen anything like it." He sits in the offered chair his face in his hands.

Mr. Marvin pats his shoulder gently, " I am surprised you saw all that. I saw you looking at your hands, your mind trying desperately to understand the primal response for survival you enacted. Push down your friend to save yourself... Basic, Unadulterated, repeatable, unforgivable. I might have been trying to heard the female out of the settlement but I was really taking stalk of your emotions... I knew then, Samuel Grin Delesky had been born a killer... And that this moment was preordained." A short while later Mr. Marvin opens the door and walks out.

What went down
Mr. Marvin's tells what he normally tells folks about why he joined the legion
horse died from fright
Moved to FRB, hit one clinger creature
Then atempted to calm and lead the female away from town.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 5/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude


Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
1d4 (1)

Vik looks a bit melancholy as the group gets moving, staring wistfully out one of the porthole windows in the Mountaineer's crew compartment as the rain comes down in a torrent.

"Bit like Jolly Old, even if the mercury 'round this dwarf-infested Castle's closer to the eighth circle of hell. Met a bloke out west, near the Baronies, who used to repeat that old chestnut about 'dry heat' like it ain't been invented back in caveman times. But there's something to be said when you gotta chew through yoomidity like this, I wager."

"Talkin' 'bout yoomidity, though, I don't see as I've ever been thicker in it than in Atlantis. Spent a month or two there, off an' on, after landing in this interplanetary wankjob of a dimension. Roundabout after Germany, when I got sprung with a Black Market bird name 'a Charlie, or Charlize, 'pending on how particular she was feeling of a morning. Anyway ol' Charles had this crew that danced around the rifts, nicking tech from the Germans and selling it to counterfeiters at Northern Gun, and vice versa and so on. Worked a neat trick for a while."

"So one of the crew's regular buyers was in 'Lantis. Now let me tell you, 'Lantis ain't like the stories, like raised from the sea with barnacles and fish-men. Well, fish-men, sure, and bird-men and talkin' rocks and loads of other creatures. But the place has got forests and spaceports and all other sorts, as well, plus regular old slums that make Glasgow look like fuckin' Ibiza. That's mostly where we was, spending dough and laying low while we was waiting on this buyer, real Planet of the Apes chap, to signal us to come 'round with some new particle beam refractor we'd lifted from the Germs."

Vik's fingers dance along the edge of his chair as he tells his story, tap-tap-tapping a quick staccato rhythm on the metal frame. Short-short-long. Short-short-long.

"Anyway this geezer, one of them big Kitten-y gorillas, turns out to be a right double-dealer, as such geezers are wont to be, and all of a treat we're fightin' off tentacled commandos and mechanical dogs in this squat we was staying at. Part of the reason we'd picked this squat was 'cause of a maintenance tunnel below, what connected to the market and was a nice little backdoor should it be called for. Well, soon as the dogs was loosed, me and Charlie go running for that tunnel and the ol' escape hatch, firing over our shoulders as we go."

Vik smiles a little at the memory.

"Me and Charlie had got to swappin' fluids at that point, or got back to it, rather, after falling out for a bit. We was always trying to teach other little things, like I'd tell about learning Morse code in the Rovers and she'd talk about things like how to tell if a 'Lantean was looking to eat you or just saying 'hi.' She was always correcting my form when we got to shooting, saying I didn't know how to handle future-ish weapons, but I tell you, with no recoil you can be as Boyz in the Hood as you like with an ion shooter and it don't matter, the bugger you're shooting at will be just as dead. So I'm just firing blind over my shoulder as we're running and she's turning halfway 'round to aim proper and lagging a step or two behind."

Vik's smile fades as he continues.

"So I'm ahead as we get close to our escape hatch, which was rigged with a little panel on the wall to open and close right sharp, so's to discourage any pursuit. I slap my hand on the wall as I go by, without checking that Charlie's right behind. Turns out she'd got tripped up and lagged a pace or three, so as I go diving through the hatch she's still behind. I get turned around as the panel closes, and realize she's on the other side."

There's a long pause as Vik stops talking, surprisingly, for at least half a minute.

"It was a thick hatch, but I could still hear a mite when the dogs arrived. She just kept rapping on the door, the whole time, this little bit of Morse code we had, like a little thing between us, sometimes,"he says, his fingers tap-tap-tapping on the seat. Short-short-long. Short-short-long. "It kept on, kind of soft, like, for a while, so I think maybe, you know, maybe they kept her ... or ..."

He clears his throat and starts checking his gear, making sure his pack is still stuffed under his seat and his weapons are in order.

"So yeah, fucking yoomidity can bugger right off, whether it's 'Lantis or the poxy, dwarf-ridden Castle or what. Air's for breathin' not chewin', my right?"

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (1d12+2) , Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8);
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 47 - Epiphany: Something you never understood suddenly “clicks,” gaining a d6 in any skill for the rest of the session.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Notice, etc.
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2) (modifier is from the Mountaineer Sensor Suite)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Interlude Roll 1d4 (2)

Leo's mind wanders in the cab of the Mountaineer, granted there was little to keep him occupied given the painfully tedious crawl their little caravan was beholden to. Throwing his head back against the seat rest, Leo grunts in boredom.

The three-legged horse may actually be faster than the rhino-buffalo. . .

Although he was thankful Ashley happened to be capable of driving, more than competent actually (he essentially only had to point out the controls and that was that), it was something of a double-edged sword, given the fact his mind was now entirely unhindered to savor the utter lack of anything going on. It was grueling.

Leo almost swears he can hear some discussions occurring in the back of the mountaineer, but alas, the droning of the road and general ambient noise muffles anything he could distinguish as clear conversation -- he shrugs to himself but does think it a mite awkward that most of the journey thus far had taken place in almost complete silence. He thought back to that initial conversation with Ashley in the briefing room just several weeks ago -- had he asked her where she was from? The conversation hadn't been particularly long. . .

Would it be rude to ask? Everyone back home was essentially just extended family, even if they were outsiders they were around long enough to essentially be family. . .

Leo hadn't ever been the most talkative individual, but something about the people he joined the Legion made small-talk almost seem like a contractual obligation. . .

He sighed, granted it had only been realistically several months since he had been on his own -- and essentially weeks since he had encountered Alistair Dunscon's forces. He shuddered at the thought.

Those magicians were insane. . . all those people

He recalled the not-so-small camp of refugees he had literally stumbled upon, they were genuinely kind, if not a tad paranoid. . . but he had helped them escape the marauding federation soldiers, albeit by the skin of his teeth.

Well, If I can outrun a living-statue that shoots magical plasma beams from its eyes. . . I suppose small-talk, however awkward, would at least distract me from the, uh, horse.

Still keeping his eyes firmly on the road, Leo clears his throat a bit, "so, you mentioned Lone Heart when we were first introduced -- is that where you're from?"

~~~

When the two, clearly irate rhino-buffalos seem content to rampage, Leo's adrenaline surges and before too long, he notices the small creatures blanketing better half of each.

"Ughh, are those parasites?!" Crying out over the radio, Leo is content to hold his position after watching the rapidly unfolding action before him. He didn't figure he'd be much help leaning half out the window but felt incredibly anxious nevertheless, those creatures where nearly the size of the mountaineer!

_________________
Leo IV

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 30/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Last edited by Leonard IV on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Interlude 1d4 (3)
Notice 1d6 (1) or 1d6 (3)

Narrative pending


Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.