View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Adventure 1: The Jewel Finder 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote
Erin Tairin some say in her last years became a queen. There were non better than her at stopping to smell the roses. She was always accompianed in her garden by a talking cat, the size of a house cat, named Bell. There while being the queen of her garden domain she would spin tales and tell stories of history past. Bell loved to hear the stories of non other than The legends of the Black. What follows are the said tales of legends true, from Humble begininnings to Hans heights, these stories chronicle a tale of woe and triumphant: Legends of the Black!




Lord Coake looks at the BC perhaps as a whole for the last time. Some were headining to the east coast in search of bases Alecto had information on. Alecto herself was joining the 1st set, for reasons that were between her and Coake. The vaunted leader lf the cyber knights seemed to take Caravello's death extremely hard. All he would say was, " I never got to tell him... I never got to tell him he was my friend."
The newly rebuilt towers of Gloom gleam in the setting sun, it would seem the perpetual cloudy sky has finally given way to the first if not fleeting rays of sunshine.

After the company abet awkwardly goes their seperate ways Lord Coake grabs Hans and Humble and takes you aside.
He seems preoccupied and fairly melencoly. His eyes... well it looks like he has not seen much sleep.
" Uh, sorry about before, and sorry about Caravello. He... He was a good man. I am not sure what you two want to do, but an old contact of mine Caleb Koll let me know he has some kimd of craft for sale. Might be something, might be nothing. If you don't mind stayimg in Gloom for a few weeks, he said he would come arround and leave word at the C. B. Hotel. " Lord Coake sighs, " With our mag train destroyed, I was thinking a nice vehicle would be good for the company. Hans you seem shrewd and Humble, you... well... Caleb is known by another name in some disreputable circles. The Jewel Finder. Trust me a double or triple cross is not out of the question, but seeimg what he has might prove useful. He is known to find really interesting items, some even say he has access to cutting edge AI tech from the golden age." Coake looks at the two trying to gauge interest. His nose twitches and he looks down the way spying an elderly human woman talking to the otherside Victoria Geist. " Well Humble and Hans, I'll be in touch. I am heading to Garnet town. If you are interested contact Jeff Sundance at the B.C. Hotel at the front desk, he will let you know when the jewel finder arrives." He walks away joining the two women and they disappear into a crowd.

Hans Hook
During the time you stay in Gloom, Diamond Clad the newly elected mayor asks for your help to repair the arcane portal and perhaps rebuild the arcane company.
DC, seems a bit more flustered than normal when you come into his office, papers are strewn everywhere. " Ah Hans... Hans... Hans... We need that portal up and running, this city virtually depends on it. With all the heroes heading home I am afraid the good garnered from it, well are all we can depend on. Ailbhe and Sammy have aggreed to,stay on for the time being to lead teams through, assuming we get the blast thimg working." He shuffles some papers and grabs a pen. " I thought Crystal might help, but she is off seeimg the world with her new leese on life. Libertas... Well he is legion and has been reassigned. I have a standard contract worked up for you 3 weeks worth of work. 10k per week, and 50k bonus if you get it working.
  • Gm Note: Two Rolls are required, (Optional Persuasion roll if you want some more money out of him. +5k, and +25k( bonus) per success and raise)
  • Repair at -4 to,repair the ancient frame lf rock and iron
  • Tw at -8
to repair the delicate and most intricate of tw pieces Hans has ever seen.

Humble Hook
Humble is approached by Nathan Allbridge, a man working for the city and betterment of all. He has a carnaval pulled into town and he was wondering if he could enlist humbles help.
Nathan eyes Humble like a dog a bone... After a few terse seconds Nathan approaches. His flaming red hair is slicked back, and he has on a pair of dark sunglasses. He has a thick drawl and he shoots from the hip, " Well nows, thems said you were a big fella. I am Nathan, ring master and promoter of a traveling circus of sorts. We tend to put on ye ol jousting tournaments. From knife throwing, to dear ole plumb fighting we do everything. We raise the hopes and give people something to cheer about. From what I gather a war was brewing, and folks could use some happiness." Nathan lowers his shades looking at Humble with unfiltered purple eyes. " From what I also hear your a hero, there is even a giant magical statue of you here in the center square. What I need is a main attraction, a star if you will. Someone folks know and like. Someone who is humble. It pays 10k per week, for 3 weeks and if you win the events you take home a purse of 50k. Can I, nay can the people of Gloom count on you?"
GM Note: 2 rolls are required (Optional Persuasion roll if you want some more money out of him. +5k, and +25k( bonus) per success and raise)
[*]Throwing -4 (short, medium, and long range) contests of throwing axes at wooden bullseyes
[*]Fighting -6 armed combat with archaic ill balanced swords against fairly skilled opponents.

Player direction and Interlude
Ok folks welcome to you first interlude. Feel free to play off the hooks(or don't) and make NPCs up as you see fit. If you need time to build things or go shopping now is a good time as any ( anything in the main book i available at a 25% markup). You have at least 3 weeks, and we can push it longer as long as you guys do not mind waiting. Next GM Scene will be at the craft/vehicle Caleb is selling ( unless someone does something CRAZY).

Directions: Roll 1d4 to get a general theme, possible extra complication or reward. Then narrate the results.
[url]Special, players may roll twice if they like, but each roll must be included in some way in the interlude's narrative.[/url]
    1) Clubs, and obstacle of some sort has made all rolls made during the interlude period at an additional -2 ( this includes any of the above hook rolls if so taken)
    2) Hearts, while you are in Gloom for 3 weeks or so you meet someone who befriends your character. Come up with a NPC that might be uesful to your character and you gain him/her as a contact at a +2 bonus. Items and prices are 10% off due to the friendly help. This should only make a 15% markup.
    3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, inluding the above hooks are at a +2.
    4) Spades, at every turn your efforts to talk, or aquire goods are thwarted by an unknown enemy. Connection rolls made during this scene are at a -2, and items are 10% more expensive

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:12 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Interlude Roll
1d4 (3)
    3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, including the above hooks are at a +2.

Hook Rolls
Persuasion roll to improve his pay (-2 due Untrained, +2 due Interlude Roll)
    Persuasion: 1d4 (2)
    Wild: 1d6 (3)
      Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 5 (3) (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise
Repair Roll at d12+4 (+4 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Mr. Fixit, +2 due Interlude Roll, -4 due Scene)
    Repair: 1d12+4 = 16 (12)
      Ace: 1d12+16 = 17 (1)
    Wild: 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
    Result: 17 - Success with 3 Raises. Half repair times due to Raise with Mr. Fixit.
Techno-Wizard at d12-4 (+4 due Machine Maestro, -8 due scene)
    Weird Science: 1d12-4 = 1 (5)
    Wild: 1d6-4 = 1 (5)
      Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 7 (5) (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.


"Are you sure that you can't up the pay a little? I know I am the only one in the city who can get this baby fixed up."

With an increase of pay secured, Hans gets to work with a purpose. Repairing the rock and iron frame of the portal was easy, and quickly finished. Trust a Dwarf to know how to work with rock and iron. The actual fine workings of the Techno-Wizardly mechanisms, however, does not go as well. Hans spends almost a week cursing at it for almost 8 hours a day as he refuses to give up and admit defeat; making and using a Quantum Cellular Regenerator just to be able to continue his planned work on his own Devices. Each repair just shows another that needs to be done before it will be able to work. The stubborn Dwarf, however, just keeps at it, day in and day out. Finally in a eureka moment, he understands the underlying theories behind the gate's working and starts making his own work arounds instead of repairing the original craftsman's work. Half a week before the three week deadline, Hans finishes the last connection.

"Fire it up. Time for a test portal. Anywhere but that darn ice planet that I went through to last time... and no beaches. I hate beaches. Make it for a nice sunny rock outcropping."

The technicians fire up the portal, and once again Gloom is in the interdimensional mercenary game.

"Told you I could do it, and that I was worth every credit. Now where is my 160,000 credits?"

During his nights that he kept awake using his Quantum Cellular Regenerator and the time after he is done with the Gate, Hans works on his own gear.

Hans's Personal Time's Work
3-4 weeks to work
Work on Dreamtime (TW Revolver)
    Add Slumber Power (40k, 5d6 Days)
      Build Roll d12+2 (-4 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Tools, +2 due Scholar)
        Build: 1d12+2 = 12 (10)
        Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
        Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises. Free Minor Upgrade (+1 to Shooting)
      Time: 5d6 (2, 2, 2, 5, 5) =16 Days
    Add 1 Die to Shooting (10k, 2d6 Days)
      Build Roll d12+2 (-4 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Tools, +2 due Scholar)
      Build: 1d12+2 = 8 (6)
      Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Free Minor Upgrade (5 PPE)
    Time: 2d6 (4, 2) = 6 Days


Looking at his remaining supply of gems, wires and other Techno-Wizardly parts, Hans decides that he needs to go off to see the Mindblade, the Simvan merchant for the Black Market for a resupply. Flying to the Ashlands area of Gloom with his newly acquired Wings of Icarus, Hans lands just outside the Black market's camp in the ruined area.

"Black market is like a cockroach... you can maybe drive them off for a while, but you can never kill them. Looks like they are doing a thriving business and are more heavily invested in Gloom now than under Geist."

"Mindblade, I need to look over your gems and wires again. My supply is getting low... and I need a Magic Optic System."

Looking over the Simvan's inventory, Hans comes up with his order.

"This is what I want... now lets talk price..."

Bargaining 5
Persuasion (Untrained, but +2 due Card Result)
    Persuasion: 1d4 (1)
    Wild: 1d6 (5)
    Result: 5 - 5% off Markup?!?
Hans picks up 200k worth of TW parts (Costs him 240k), and a Magic Optic System (Goggles; 30k value for 36k)

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Last edited by Hans Greuber on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:18 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
1d4 (3)
3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, inluding the above hooks are at a +2.

Scene Penalty -6, Victory Narrative +2
Fighting 1d12-4 = 4 (8)
Fighting Wild 1d6-4 = -1 (3)

When the fighting is initially over Humble looks around content with the results. A lot of people died and some of them true heroes. But that is the way of war. "I will miss them."
Heading out to find Sammy and Hans Humble was disappointed to find out his friends were all breaking up. Well Hans still wanted to adventure together at least.
When the man came to Humble offering him a job. Humble was offended, he was no simple sell sword who fought for entertainment. He was going to knock the man away. But then the man pointed out how much the other people needed to see it. Looking down at the man a little suspicious Humble decides to help him out. "I will help you."
The fights were well balanced, Humble found they had many champions from the battle who had come fight who the strange man had called The Incredibly Humble. But eventually Humble defeated them all to quickly so that he was asked to work it out a little.
Until Shurik came. Humble was surprised and happy to see him. "Chief Shurik fight Humble. This will be great fight!"
Shurik was amazing his skills exceeding Humbles by leaps and bounds, able to score several solid blows for every blow Humble scored. But even with his superior skills no one had more endurance than Humble. His endurance came from the very force of war and conflict itself. An Elemental nature force of nature. And even with Shurik's great skill Humble was able to overcome him.

When the battle was over Humble went to Shurik being with him while his wounds were taken care of. "Chief Shuril, how is Pia daughter of Humble?" Having acquired what wealth was available from the BC as Humbles share he gave as much as they were willing to accept to Shurik to help the Gather prosper and ensure the safety of Pia while he was away. (OOC about 3 million)
The two were able to fall into conversation as Humble was invited to join the Gather again, an offer Humble could not turn down. Spending some time with the Gather and grounding himself Humble stayed as long as he could before the urge for conflict started to grow again in him. Telling the elders that he must go again. Humble went and joined Hans. "Where are we going?"

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
"Humble, a few things that the Queen of Promises, one of the opponents I faced when we were separated, got me concerned about my family back in the mountains off to the East. I plan on getting us a fast vehicle and going to check up on them. If at any time you feel like you must have some action, we can stop and check on a few local towns or villages and deal with any monster, bandit, or slaver problems in the area that concerns them."

"Is there any gear you need help picking before we head out? Mindblade, one of the Simvan Black Market merchants is back in the Ashlands quarter, and he can hook us up with most anything we may need. For our vehicle, we will talk to this Caleb, the Jewel Hunter. He is supposed to have access to a vehicle that should meet all of our needs and then some, if stories I have heard are true"

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
looking down as Hans Humble smiled, and offered him what was left of his funds. "You can help, then keep rest?" squatting down to help lift the supplies Hans had set up humble added. "I want to fly. But I do not need so much."
upon looking at what was handed him Hans sees it is close to 7 million credits. Well maybe the guy kept some?

OOC Comments
Had 10 million, gave the Gather 3 million and Hans the rest, if he can find a good jet pack that is awesome. But money does little good for Humble because people are always taking advantage of him and hate him.

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote
Attachment:
File comment: C.B. hotel
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG [ 154.08 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]

At the appointed time Hans and Humble arrive at the C.B. Hotel in Gloom. The lobby is ornate and a few folks are sitting in oversize chairs sipping some wine. There are a few security gaurds dressed in Gladdius power armor keeping an eye on the well to do folks that pass through the lobby to their rooms or the offices adjacent to the main lobby. The front Desk man looks at Hans and Humble when they approach. He has dakr black hair slicked back, and a smile quicker than a cat on the draw. Easy going with a bit of a drawl he says, " Welcome to the C.B Hotel gentlemen. The name is Jeff Sundance what can I do for... Ah yes I see." A look of sly recognition passes over his face, " Just sit down with the other gentlemen there in the main lobby. Enjoy a glass of wine if you wish. Mr. Koll will be down shortly."
Lobby
Attachment:
File comment: Lobby
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG [ 160.16 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]


Sitting down each finely dressed gentlemen reacts slightly different to Hans and Humble. An elf with a white scarf tied nearly around his neck gives you both a look of disdain. A pair of D'Norr devil men possible twins smile warmly and pass you each a glass of wine. A psi-stalker with a full head of fiery red hair almost fumbles his own wine as you sit. The Psi-stalker was saying, " Oh gracious... As I was saying, Flibus, do you believe The Jewel Finder really did find a cash of Golden age weaponry?"

The Well to do elf merely nods giving Humble and Hans the side eye.

The pair of D'Norr twins quietly whisper each one talking in rhythm with the next so it was as if they were speaking as one person, " We do not believe it to be of golden age origin, something from Phase world would make sense given our interests."

The elf gives Hans and Humble a look over, " Really and whom do you two represent, do they just let the drabble off the streets come to these things?" The elf cranes his neck towards the door as if expecting someone else.

The Psi-stalker laughs and slaps his knee nearly spilling his wine, " Oh please do forgive Flibus, he is just overly sensitive to new blood. I suppose Martillo could not be bothered to make it to this gathering. A shame I suppose. And yet I am not too sad as it gives us a better chance in winning the prize."

The conjecture soon comes to a halt as a man well dressed with cuff links of distinct arcane origins approaches. His slightly angular features him the impression of an elvish heritage. He eases in to an arm chair and smiles at everyone, " Comfortable? I am Caleb Koll of course, what is impossible to obtain it is my job to acquire. Everyone here has no idea what I am selling, and yet you have the funds to purchase it twice, thrice, and perhaps even four times over. My man Jeff assured me off this the moment you walked in, he has a sixth sense about these things, and is hardly ever wrong." Caleb clasps his hands in-front of him and smiles viciously, " So gentlemen, there are 4 parties here invested in the item I have. Its five million creds just to bid, and another 5 million to purchase the item." Appearing out of seemingly thin air the desk clerk, Jeff Sundance appears with a card reader. " Underneath everyone's seats is a small tube, it contains a clue as to what the object might be. You may reach for it as soon as 5 million credits have been deposited. Then each party will have 3 chances to guess as to what the item is. Whomever guesses correct, I will personally take to the site where they can purchase the item upon seeing it. Pairs will of course alternate guesses with one guessing twice and the other once." The other 4 gentlemen deposit their funds( the pair of D'Norr's only deposit 5million total) and reach under there seats. Jeff coughs slightly as he stands in front of Hans...
Caleb Koll
Attachment:
File comment: Caleb Koll
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG [ 130.42 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]

Hans and Humble Get a Clue
Your clue, is more than a clue... It is a cry for help.
Hans and Humble, I know you two to be somehow connected with Lord Coake and I know you two to be heroes of Gloom. I Caleb Koll need your help, one of these other interested individuals means to kill me. I need to place myself under your protection immediately. This is exactly what the item is... Please use some tact as it cannot be seen that we are in on it together.
  • Players note: You guys designed the ship, so feel free to be as vague or exact about your guesses...

Caleb nods after everyone has a chance to read and looks at Hans and Humble, " New comers first as always and I am afraid gentlemen as they say it is your go."





Player Directions: Do a little RP, how do you play the "guess" on what the item is? Do you go super exact or do you leave it just vague enough to get a lucky guess here or there? Make either a stealth or persuation roll if you are at all trying to conceal this surprising turn of events. Of course should you go a different way feel free to narrate up to the point dice are rolled.
Please include a notice roll with your post as it will be used in the next scene!

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:46 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Persuasion 5
Persuasion: 1d4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (3)
    Ace: 1d4+4 = 5 (1)
Result: 5 - Success

Notice 10
Notice: 1d6 (6)
    Ace: 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (4)
Result: 10 - Success with Raise


”Just let me do the talking and follow my lead, Humble, and we should get this ship. Looking at this swanky place, they will want for us to check our biggest weapons with the guards. I will keep my revolver, and you can keep your shotgun and sword, but the Plasma Cannon, Railgun and Hammer should be left with the guards. It will make them feel better, and it is not as if we couldn’t just take them back whenever we wished.”

Hans walks into the BC Hotel and quickly sizes it up. Wanting to keep the guards on his side, he checks Satisfaction and his NE-45 Cartridge Revolver, just keeping his TW revolver Dreamtime at his hip, motioning for Humble to also check his biggest and most fearsome armaments and to just keep his shotgun and Flaming Sword. Removing his helmet, Hans makes his way to the front desk.
Note
Hans’s head still has a red aura from his TW armor, and still has full environmental protection and full armor.


”Yes, Mr. Sundance. We will wait for Mr. Koll.”

Walking over to the indicated seats, Hans just ignores the obvious distain from the Elf and takes the seat right next to him.

[b]”You can call me Mr. Gruber, and this is my associate Humble. Mr. Flibus, we represent ourselves, and as for us being ‘Drabble off the Streets’, my armor here alone would go for a cool half million credits. We are professionals, and have been paid as such. I have no doubt that my associate and I have enough credits to hold our own in this crowd.”


Once Jeff comes over to Hans, he opens a small pouch holding eighteen credsticks and hands him five; each holding 1 million credits. That done, he reaches under his seat and takes out the tube. Opening it, Hans puts on his best poker face as he reads the note from Caleb.

”Well sorry, gentlemen. My clue here gives me just enough information that, combined with what some of my ‘Drabble off the Streets’ friends have told me about the shipments coming into Gloom here, tells me exactly what we are trying to buy. As I have been told, Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and this time I am prepared.”

With a nod to Humble and Mr. Kohl, and a smirk to Mr. Flibus, Hans starts describing the vehicle.

“It is a UWW-53 Intra-Planetary Light Troop Transport, meant for long range and duration missions. It has Anti-Grav propulsion, holds 1 crew and 19 passengers. Faster than almost anything its size along a Ley Line, it still has pretty good speed off of them. They are known for having unlimited fuel on a Ley line, but are energy hogs off, requiring up to 7 gifted people just to keep up with its energy costs, but does have a reservoir that can last almost an hour and a half. They also come stock with ejection seats, deflector screens, and have enough living quarters for their full complement of 20 people. I was also told this one looked like it was armed with a light laser… and it is a matt black in colour. I can go on, but I believe I have made my point. Mr. Kohl, both my associate and myself are ready to head out to the merchandise when you are.”

Putting his helmet back on, Hans leads Humble back to the guards holding their heavier weapons.

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.



Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Notice 3 sight, 5 smell
Notice 1d4 (3) +2 with Smell
Wild 1d6 (3)


When Hans asks for his rail-gun Humble only shrugs and hands it over, but when Hans asks for his hammer, Humble looks cautiously. "I need hammer back latter. Its my favorite."

As the elf begins being rude to Humble he smiles in a manor that few would consider friendly and looks down to Hans. "Does he live?" Without Hans okaying a fight, Humble figures it is better not to do anything to abrasive.

But as the conversation turned to the bidding and auction process Humble looses interest in the bidding alltogether instead interested in watching the other people and how they are acting. Something about this place bugged him. It was all shiny like they wanted people to see it, but then people like this elf were being rude to him for no reason. Maybe if he just tore off an arm or something it would let the others know he was not to be bullied.

Humble takes a look inside the tittle clue box, but the writing is all so small he has no clue what it says. Squinting real hard for a bit Humble hands the clue back to Hans. "Too small, can't see it good." His face scrunches up as if he is annoyed and he looks around as if their are clues to be found in the faces of the others.
"Can see it it Hans. What is it?"

Notes
Taking up GM on Benny option to not be able to read it.
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 5

    +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 For not being able to read letter

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:28 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote
Spoon Fed Recap



Stunned, it takes the other four gentlemen a moment to race after Mr. Koll, Hans, and Humble. The elf, Flibus looks absolutley heated, and the two D'Norr seem just as perplexed. The psi-
stalker however slips out mostly unnoticed.

Flibus exlaims, " Now see here! Something is rotten in this transaction. I... I demand that these two mercenaries if they really are that are disqualified from the contest. In all our years we have never had such a breech of protocol."

The two D'Norr's speak their one mind echoing their decadant friend, " Yes, this is quiet concerning Caleb that your vaunted security was breeched. Compensation must be given... Caffin what do..." Its about then that the three realize their affluent psi-stalker friend has disapeared on them.

Mr Koll tips his head and appologetically holds up his arms, " As you can see gentalmen without three formal complaints no refund can be given. If that is a problem I am sure these fine security gentlemen can intercede." Caleb Koll motions to the gladdius armored individuals who have taken a keen intrest in the comotion. Caleb whispers under his breath to Hans and Humble, " Now, would be a good time to make our exit. If Jeff is worth his salt he would have brought the car arround front."

As they leave the shouts of Flibus echo in the lobby, " I'll see to it you never work again Koll, not here, not anywhere respectable. You will not be able to do business anywhere in the megaverse, not even that mud ball wormwood! Not since Martillo usurped those Glitter Boys for his father has their been such a breech of trust! You will pay for this Koll, mark my words!!"

Indeed at the bottom of the steps exiting the hotel and its grand lobby is a hover car...
Caleb Koll waves you over to it once you collected your gear, " I think it is time we conclude our business Hans and Humble if you get in I will try to explain as much as I can."
Attachment:
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG [ 55.52 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]






Feel free to react to the rapid developments. As always feel free to narrate up until you need to roll dice. The big question is do you get into the car(it will fit Humble)?

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Humble looks into the car and is surprised to see it actually has room to fit him. Looking at Hans he asks. "Man who disappeared, you safe?"
Then Humble waits for Hans response on if Humble should get in first or last. Humble could not decide, if he got in last he could use his body to shield the other two, if he got in first then he could make sure the strange man was not in the vehicle. Humble was a little confused at which option was better and did not want to make the wrong call. Maybe he could suggest they all just walk, this guy looked healthy enough to walk.

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Just in case we need to make a quick escape, best to be prepared with a Quantum Resonance Translocator

Teleport Gadget
Making his Quantum Resonance Translocator (+2 due Machine Maestro)
Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 5 (3)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Result: 5 - success. Teleport Gadget with 17 PPE

Getting out a few items from his pouch, Hans quickly puts together a Quantum Resonance Translocator as he walks to the hover car and gets in the front passenger's seat (if available).

"Even if he is after us, we should be safe, as long as we keep moving. He would have to set in motion whatever plan he has, and if we hurry away, we may just be out of the area before it would start. I will go in first, Humble. Just be ready to jump in as soon as we are all inside. and ready"

"Caleb, I was hoping that they would attribute the information I was giving on the vehicle to my skills, as opposed to your lack thereof or any ulterior actions on your part. I believe they do not think we are in this together, but rather it is due to some ulterior actions on my part. My apologies for any difficulties this may pose, but we will take care of you. Leaving as soon as possible will help us avoid any actions by those who wish to do you harm."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote
Caleb, gets in next to Humble in the back. With urgency he tells his man Jeff, " Jeff, floor it... Flibus is mostly hot air, but this time he might mean it!" The hover vehicle begins to zoom away and Caleb breathes a sigh of relief, " Thank you Hans and Humble your protection will be most appreciated. " He wipes his brow and pulls out a military key card. It looks old and has the faded words U.S.S. Enterprise on it. " This key will open the hanger of sorts. I have a base out in a dry area south of here in a small town of Pinebluff... I know it is a little to close to fort El Dorado but..." His voice trails off as a beeping noise comes from the arm rest console in between Hans and the driver Jeff Sundance.

Jeff looks down and lifts the arm rest, " Whaatt The hell!!" Tick-tock goes the fusion block timer...5-4-3...

Attachment:
Mr. Fusion says hello!.jpg
Mr. Fusion says hello!.jpg [ 23.81 KiB | Viewed 110 times ]







Player Directions: 1 round gentleman what do you do...

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Humble does not hesitate. This is a military situation and he who hesitates dies first. "Going out" he shouts as he reaches out he grabs the explosive and teleports about 60 foot out the window he is looking through. Crushing the explosive in his hand as he does.
The sudden force as the inertia holding his body still in the air is instantly overcome by the acceleration imparted by gravity is to much for him to understand. But falling is something he has done many times and it usually hurts.

Stubbornness = 15 Holy smokes on a d6
Stubbornness 1d6 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6) + Ace 1d6+12 = 15 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice: 1d6 (6)
    Ace: 1d6+6 = 11 (5)
Wild: 1d6 (2)
Result: 11 Success with Raise

S**T! Now I have to grab Humble!
Rolls
How long since last recharge to Armor: 1d12 (6) = 30-35 minutes since last Recharge. Starting full PPE.

Turn 1
    Greater Quickness and Make Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget)
      Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, MAP cancelled by Greater Quickness)
        Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 4 (2)
        Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
        Result: 4 - Success. Auto-Raise. +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type (d8), 2 turns per round, at 2 less MaP on each turn, redraw any initiative card of less than 8. 9 PPE
      Make Telekinesis Gadget (+1 due Machine Maestro, MAP cancelled by Greater Quickness)
        Weird Science: 1d12+1 = 13 (12)
          Ace: 1d12+13 = 21 (8)
        Wild: 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
        Result: 21 - Success with Raise(s). Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget) with 22 PPE
Turn 2
    Use Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget) for Greater Telekinesis on Humble and grab Humble, and then TRY to calm down the civilians.
      Exalted Telekinesis (+2 due Machine Maestro, no MaP due Greater Quickness)
        Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 5 (3)
        Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
        Result: 5 - Success. Telekinesis using a Strength equivalent of d12+3. 10 PPE (20 ->10)
      Persuasion on Caleb and Jeff to calm them down
        Persuasion: 1d4 (1)
        Wild: 1d6 (1)
        Result: 1 - BOTCH!!!


His fingers furiously flying, Hans zaps himself with his Chrono-Accelerator as he makes himself up a Gravametric Mental Force Redirector to use on Humble to keep him from splattering on the ground far below.

I knew I should have made a Gravametric Mental Force Redirector instead of the Quantum Resonance Translocator.

"I've got you, Humble. I'll pull you up to us."

"Now guys, no need to panic. I have Humble and will be bringing him up into the... S**T!!! What the F**k is that?!?"

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote


Spoon Fed Recap

Panic in the skies of Gloom with a humble Mr. Fusion happy happy go fun time bomb. Its probably not the best blace for such reckless driving as towering buildings corner the hover vehicle.

Jeff Sundance is not cool with a bomb, threat of a bomb, or even any word that starts with a b. To make matters worse Caleb starts yelling directions at him. Fracking back seat drivers!! Panic sprinkled with road rage, baked at 3000 degrees kelvin makes a smash pancake. Jeff just closes his eyes and guns it banking hard left right towards the prestigious Creds and Loans!
Creds and Loan
Attachment:
File comment: C and L
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG [ 28.88 KiB | Viewed 51 times ]

OOC Comments
Direction of Vehicle roll a d12 and chose a choice closest( 12 up, 6 down, 3 or 9 nearby building)
1d12 (3)


From the Gloom Children's park down below a couple of kids look up in time to see pretty fire works as Mr. Fusion happy fun time bomb goes off in Humbles hand. In the vehicles Caleb grabs hold of Hans in panic yelling "Do something do something!"

Damage for Humble 42 ap25 MD fusion damage sbt
Damage: 6d6 (4, 5, 3, 5, 6, 6) ace 2d6 (2, 6) ace 1d6 (5)ap25 SBT


Perhaps if Jeff had not been driven into a panic he could have maintained his distance from the buildings areal superstructure: A fantastic post apocalyptic art deco that was until very recently supported by 5 permacret supports. With the supports either blown to bits or weakened beyond saftely limits the gigantic super structure starts to give way possibly falling onto the childrens park below!!
Ben's memorial Children Park
Attachment:
File comment: Childrens Park
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG [ 194.04 KiB | Viewed 51 times ]

Players Direction and Dramatic Task
Welcome to the dramatic task!!
  • It lasts 1 round 5 successes must be acheived otherwise the childrens park gets wasted!
    • Choose any appropriate trait roll modfied by the below factors
  • How many children die?? 2d100 (51, 37)
  • Scene modifier is -2.
  • Other complications:
    • Hans must make a successful str check at -4 or be at an additional -2 to the scene( due to the g forces Jeff is putting on him and Caleb accidentally restraining him.
    • Humble maybe at at further minues due to wounds. If I did not already give Humble a benny for being freaking heroic please take one.
  • cooperative Social skills: any "social skill can be made at your total scene modifier" this can add to your dramatic task roll as if a cooperative skill as you are able to motivate either Caleb, Jeff or any other ally (feel free to make it up as you will) to actually help you.
  • Did you have quickness on its non maintained duration:+2 to your final trait roll

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
As humble crushes the explosive between his hands it explodes with incredible force. He tries his best to resist it, calling on the elemental powers that infuse and make up his very beings.

Soak Rolls
Vigor 1d12+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Reroll the disappointing result so I can participate in the dramatic task.
Vigor 1d12+2 = 7 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Again...
Vigor 1d12+2 = 11 (9)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace
1d6+8 = 9 (1)


.


Regeneration 1 Wound
Regeneration roll d12+4, -3 wounds, No armor bonus as it is not active yet.
Vigor 1d12+1 = 7 (6)
Wild die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)


Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 2/3
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Bennies: 3

    +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 For not being able to read letter
    +1 Benny “for being freaking heroic”
    -3 For Soak Roll versus Fusion Block

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Strength Check 6
Strength Check (-4 due Scene)
    Strength: 1d12-2 = 6 (8)
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
    Result: 6 - Success. Scene penalty is only at -2

Weird Science21
Weird Science at +2 (-2 due Scene, +2 due Greater Quickness)
    Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 8 (6)
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
      Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) (Elan)
        Ace: 1d6+8 = 13 (5)
    Result: 21 - 5 Successes. Hans saves the day single handedly.
      PPE Spent: 3d6 (1, 5, 2)=8


When Caleb grabs hold of Hans, he may have as well grabbed hold of a mountain to try to move it. With a glare at the panicking Mr. Koll, Hans lifts his right arm and points it at Humble.

"Humble, I have a plan. I will jut you down, and then cause you be large enough that you can shelter the park and catch any of the debris that could damage anything or anyone else."

Concentrating on his Band of Power Hans starts channeling power into it. Power, and more power, and yet more power. The Band of Power starts to almost light the area with a soft blue glow before Hans releases it at Humble. One instant Humble is his normal Ogre size. The next, he is almost 200 feet tall, taller than the crumbling Creds and Loan, and easily strong enough to hold it up until help can get here for a longer term fix.

"Jeff, just concentrate on your driving. Humble and I can and will take care of anything else that needs to be taken care of... and Caleb, remove your hand from me while you still have possession of it."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 22 / 30
    Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
  • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
Adventure Cards

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 2 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
  • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Black Company
Reply with quote
Humble was surprised to see the fool driver turn the hover craft into a building. What would cause him to do that, how foolish. Then suddenly before his body could even repair the wounds inflicted against him Humble was being hurled towards the falling debris and receiving orders from Hans.
"Humble, I have a plan. I will jut you down, and then cause you be large enough that you can shelter the park and catch any of the debris that could damage anything or anyone else."
Humble understood the orders and immediately set to action, bending over in a guarding stance humble used his back and shoulders to absorb most of the falling debris and his broad hand to protect the residents of Gloom. Seeing the terrified look on the faces of many of the residents Humble smiled and promised. "We will protect you." his voice loud and booming with a bass that filled the void between the buildings.
As the rocks fell Humbles started using his hands to place the parts of the building falling in a safe location. Once the building was stabilized Humble looked at it as the people fled from the building. "Building will need fixed." He advises those who where within ear shot.
From start to finish only a minute could have passed. But Humble felt as if many lives were saved because of Hans's fast thinking. Rejoining his friends Humble smiles and looks down. "Hans is very smart." Then looking around at the gathered crowds Humble nodded knowing they would want to talk to Hans about his saving the people.

Strength 15, 3 successes if needed
Not sure if a roll is still required, but just in case.
Strength d12+3, +3 from armor, -4 from wounds = d12+2
Strength 1d12+2 = 12 (10)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Extra Effort 1d6 (3)
.

_________________
Humble
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

  • Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 1833
Reply with quote
"Simply Legendary!" The words of Diamond Clad ring forth as he procclaims this day to be Hans and Humble day... A day of legendary deeds and of Legendary might. The crowd assembled in the righted Creds and Loan cheers for the two heroes. Babies are offered to be kissed, and fans are throwing themselves at H and H left and right. Caleb and Jeff seem a bit amused and motion to the pair for a quick getaway. Fireworks light up the air as they zoom off in a bomb free hover vehicle, departing Gloom and heading for their prize! Both Hans and Humble feel something has indeed changed.

Legends are born! Roll a 1d12 once
The legendary Journey:
    1)Weapon of Legend: The sword makes the man, or weapon rather. Folks will talk about your weapon long after you are dead and gone. Add two major and 2 minor modifications off the tw list or any 4 HJ gear related table to a weapon of your choice that can be used by your character. The character gets a +1 bonus to hit with it.
    2)Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your decendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    3)The myth is true: Legends that live are impressive to be sure, just standing in ones presence can send even the most stout hearted into knee jerking I am not worthy mantra. As an action the character can reveal themselves as a true hero and legend of greatness. This works just like a fear check at -2 using the fright table but more for awe. If they already have fear as a natural ability increase the modifier by 2.
    4) Berserk Button: Your ability to hulk out makes it onto the nightly bard's tale across all the lands. You are a thing of beauty when the rage inside takes control. You gain the Beserk edge and as a free action when first beserking you can use the growth power once and it lasts until the end of your berserk. Use spirit as the casting roll. If you already have the beserk edge increase damage to +4. Roll 1d6+2 and this is your permanent size when beserking.
    5) Arm and a Leg: Few are as hardy as yourself. Your ability to shrug off damage is truly impressive. +1 toughness and Once per session ignore the damage from one attack.
    6) After the end: When the end is neigh for your hero you just keep on ticking. Even when there is nothing left your spirit wills you onward. The amount of wounds it takes to incapacitate your character is equal to your spirit die type. However if at the end of the scene your character has not received immidate healing and he has over 3 wounds he perishes as his physical body can no longer maintain his legendary spirit.
    7) Cursed with awesome: Fate most of the time makes sure you come through in a big way. You can reroll a 1 on the wild die( unless it is a crit fail). Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll.
    8) A fate worse than death: Legends say when you try to take out your hero you best not miss because your hero can give as good as he can get. Missing your hero with an attack is worse because he has the ability redirect it right back at you! Chose, throwing, shooting, spellcasting, or fighting. Your receive the benifits of the counter attack edge with that skill and a range that is appropriate for the one being used against you. If you already have counter attack and you choose fighting a second time gain one more use of the edge per round.
    9) There is no kill like overkill: Indeed the legends of your ferocity in combat will be told long after your blade becomes too heavy to lift and your railgun rusts over. Raise damage is increased by +1d6.
    10) World of Badass: Folks to this day atill talk about what made you a badass. Choose any trait or damage type( ranged, melee, throwing, arcane background) and add +2 to the trait roll or +4 damage. The wild die for that trait or raise damage die increases by 1 die type.
    11) You know what to do: Your even keel and decision making is the stuff lesser mortals dream about. During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace ( stacks with a joker).
    12) Things you were not meant to know: You know what? You know and have seen all that lurks in the dark. You can look the deep dark abyss right in its oily face and laugh as you tear its heart out. You gain +2 vs fear checks and on a successful save act as though you are under the effects of an adrenaline surge.


Caleb obviously feeling better says with an impressed tone, " Wow, is really all I can say. You two really are something else. We are heading to my secret base of sorts, just a short 3 hour trip from Gloom..." His voice trails off a bit. "I am concerned with the attmpt on my, or rather our lives... I had a feeling that this auction would be my last. I am not sure... I up loaded all my personal communicates for this auction into your new ships data base, perhaps with a fresh eye you two could shed some light on it." Caleb talks about this and that for a while as he seems to be a master of small talk. After a few hours of traveling south east he directs Jeff to touch down at a base of a large moutain whose summit is obscured by this clouds. Caleb and Jeff get out and lead the group through a tunnel, clearly of man made origins.

Caleb remarks," Ahh I remember when I stumbled on this beuty, not a soul knows about it." As you exist the tunnel you come to an areid basin with a huge pre-rifts aircraft carrier in the middle. Looking up you see the glooming cloud cover swirling hi overhead. You are in the middle of some kind of giant crater!

Caleb steps out into it waving his hands, " What do you think gentlemen? Your ship is inside the launching bay. Its just us and this pre-rift marvel!"

A keen eye will catch the glint of something shiney at the far end of the basin( 400" away), a Glitter boy(Notice of 4)! A really good eye will notice two more a little bit closer but really well hidden( 250" away)( Notice of 8). Then an eagle eye(12) will notice the red dot on Caleb's chest, but where the red dot is coming from is not immidiatly known!



Player direction:
1) Roll for your legendary status: include a little interlude esque paragraph on how your character sees and comes to terms of his legendary status.
2) Roll notice
3) RP as your character would, but try to keep dice rolling actions to what you could do in one round.


Attachments:
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG [ 196.86 KiB | Viewed 35 times ]

_________________
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
7/8
-1 Benny for extra complication


Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
8/8
-1 Benny for extra complication
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Legendary Status
1d12 (2)
    Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your decendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    • Smarts Increase -> d12+2
    • Vigor Increase -> d10

    WIP

    Notice
    Notice: 1d6 (1)
    Wild: 1d6 (3)
      Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 5 (3) (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
      A keen eye will catch the glint of something shiney at the far end of the basin( 400" away), a Glitter boy(Notice of 4)! A really good eye will notice two more a little bit closer but really well hidden( 250" away)( Notice of 8).

    Well, looks like we will need to cross the ground to the hangar as soon as we can. That should protect our charges from the Glitter Boys. Right by those controls that I would guess wound open the hangar doors would probably be the best location, if I can stretch the energy from the Quantum Resonance Translocator to get us that far.

    "Humble, If you can handle any immediate threats (like the snipers Hans has not personally noticed), I will try to get these two as close to the Launching Bay as I can."

    Turn 1
    Turn 1: Exalted Quickness and Greater Teleport (If the Greater Quickness succeeds, no Multi-Action Penalty
      Exalted Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro (In Combat))
        Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 6 (4)
        Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
        Result: 6 - Success. Auto-Raise. +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type (d8), 2 turns per round, at 2 less MaP on each turn, redraw any initiative card of less than 8. 9 PPE
      Greater Teleport
        Weird Science: 1d12+2 = 14 (12)
          Ace: 1d12+14 = 16 (2)
        Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
          Ace: 1d6+8 = 13 (5)
        Result: 16 - Success with 3 Raises. Teleport up to five others without any Fatigue for a distance of 30" (60 Yards) per 5 PPE Spent. 15 PPE (90") to the Control Panel for the Launching Bay.

    "Sorry to correct you, Caleb, but you are wrong. I can see 3 Glitterboys set up in the distance. Somebody seems to know about it. I will get us to the control panel by the Launching Bay doors, where they will not be able to shoot at us until they set up again. The weakness of those Boom Guns is needing to be set up and dug in to shoot properly."

    With that, Hans energizes his Chrono-Accelerator (Quickness Gizmo) and his Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport Gadget), speeding him up and taking him and his passengers to the control panel he can see near the Launching Bay in the blink of an eye.

    "Got you to these controls. If you can open them, open them and get us in. If not, I will get us in."

    Turn 2: On Hold
    On Hold

    _________________
    Hans Greuber
    Main Character: Merlaggon
    PPE: 22 / 30
      Band of Healing: 2 / 10
      Band of Power: 2 / 10
      Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Active Powers:
    None
    OOC Comments
    Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 5/7
    Created Gadgets:
    • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport - 15 PPE -> 0 PPE) - EMPTY
    • Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis - 20 PPE ->10 PPE)
    Adventure Cards

    Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
    • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
    • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
    • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
    • Strength d12+2

    Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting

    Bennies: 2 / 3
    • +1 due Post Rate
    • -1 due Dramatic Scene to Save the Children in Jewel Finder
    • -1 due Extra Effort to Notice the GB's in Jewel Finder


    Toughness: 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

    ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
    viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


    Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 am, edited 12 times in total.



    Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:32 am
    Profile
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron
    User avatar

    Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
    Posts: 128
    Location: Black Company
    Reply with quote
    Benefits of Life as a Legendary Hero
    1d12 (4)


    Growth Level 1d6+2 per GM 1d6 (1)



    .
    Notice 15, already includes ogre bad eyes -2 and Armor canceling out -2
    Notice d4, +2 with smell, -2 with sight at >5", Armor Cancels out -2 in penalties.
    Notice: 1d4 (3)
    Wild: 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
    Extra Effort 1d6+10 = 15 (5)

    Jon wrote:
    @Rob, since Humble can see the sniper roost, there are 4 soldiers hidden beneath sand and rocks with gilly suits. One of them has an impressive laser rifle aiming at Caleb. About 120" away.



    .

    As the red dot attracts Humbles eye he reacts quickly pointing towards the red dots on the poor mans chest. “Snipers” Humble then moves interposing his own body and looking at the snipers nest pointing at them instead. “I will kill the snipers.”
    Turning his head he sees where they are coming from and hearing Hans’s orders decides those snipers are probably a threat. “I will kill the snipers.” Teleporting as close as he can to them he charges ready to tear them apart.


    Closes 30" on the snipers nest
    Mega Teleport 20"
    Spirit 1d6 (4)
    Wild Spirit 1d6 (2)

    Running Distance 1d6+7 = 10 (3)
    Current Status
    Current Status
    Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
    Toughness: 28 (8)
    PPE: 10/10
    Wounds: 2/3
    Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

    Tongues: 0/3
    Teleport: 1/3


    Bennies: 2

      +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
      +1 For not being able to read letter
      +1 Benny “for being freaking heroic”
      -3 For Soak Roll versus Fusion Block
      -1 Extra Effort to Spot the Laser Point

    .

    _________________
    Humble
    Humble
    Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
    Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
    Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
    Skills of Note:

    • Fighting d12 (8)
    • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
    • Throwing d6 (2)

    Edges of Note
    • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
    • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
    • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
    • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
    • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls


    RESOURCE TRACKING HERE


    Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:12 pm
    Profile
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
    Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to:  
    Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
    Designed by ST Software.