View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Part 1.5: Banished to Shaintar 
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Spoon fed video recap

Diamond Clad... " Ksshhh.. Say again Hans... Ksshhhh... Demon???"

Nothing but white light, blinding white light! A familiar voice echoes in your voice... ” Meow, Hans, Humble is that you?”
You find yourself in the dirt of a lightly wooded forest with a lake-side town of medieval make just yonder down the road. The town’s small wooden buildings and homes are dwarfed by the ironically large dwarven made trading post. The fine crafted building stands over four stories tall and easily viewed for miles around as evident by your own eyes.

The heroes are not alone out in the wilderness. Several bandit esque thugs are nearby looking rather startled and to some extent hopfully opertunistic at the newcomers arrival. The bandits chortle and lear at Hans and Humble. They even gesture up to the dead man in the trees. The dead man hung un the tree seems out of place, dressed in fineries and a large purse hanging from his belt. Three other folks are hog tied as well, and at least alive for now. A dwarve with dark hair and a short beard. The shifter known as Albeih has gag is over mouth, surprise surprise. Third and nearest to Hans and Humble, maybe 10 feet away is the familiar cat Sammy. All three look bruised and beaten, and Sammy while bound is not gagged because who gags a cat.

Sammy taunts the bandits approaching Hans and Humble. ” Meow, I reckon you have about 6 seconds left to live...”. Sammy’s voice catches when he sees Humbles injuries, ” Meow, Humble what happen—“. One of the bandits kicks Sammy shutting him up. Then they approach Hans and Humble. They clearly mean to relieve you of gear and other precious items that are strewn at your feet and within arms reach. One of them a big fella already seems to have Sammy’s infamous revolver in hand.
He smiles down at Hans and Humble, ” Welcome to Char I suppose, Lilly said this job would lucrative and it looks like it is doubly so. First the Trade Wright payroll and now some choice enchanter goods. My kind of bread run. She will pay us nicely once we get back to town. I always make sure those who are about to get strung up know who is doing the stringing. The name is Miv the Mankiller. Go to work boys, start with the big one all bloody and dismembered, then do the dwarve special style. Make sure you bring me the hammer and gun, they look mighty nice.”

Player note: Your ship is nowhere to be found.
Old Friends
Attachment:
Sammy.JPG
Sammy.JPG [ 25.79 KiB | Viewed 194 times ]
Attachment:
Ailbhe.jpeg
Ailbhe.jpeg [ 50.83 KiB | Viewed 194 times ]

Player directions:
Quick combat +2.

Welcome to Quick Combat: Legends vs 30 Bandits and Miv the Mankiller
Scene Modifier: +2.
Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action.

Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene.

There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
  • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.

Attachments:
48A4C9C4-1686-4F14-9F5A-7400F247B48E.jpeg
48A4C9C4-1686-4F14-9F5A-7400F247B48E.jpeg [ 157.58 KiB | Viewed 195 times ]
FEF5B972-028E-42B1-9272-6E37467273A5.jpeg
FEF5B972-028E-42B1-9272-6E37467273A5.jpeg [ 189.33 KiB | Viewed 195 times ]

Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Quick Combat
Quick Combat at +2 (Weird Science at +4 Total)
    Technowizardry: 1d12+4 = 12 (8)
    Wild: 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
      Ace: 1d6+10 = 12 (2)
    Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises.
      PPE Cost: 1d6 (1) - Upped to 5 to meet the minimum PPE expenditure for the desired Power... Telekinesis.

"Sammy, Albeih, good sir, we will soon have these bandits taken care of. 'Miv the Mankiller', you are just unfortunate enough to encounter two who are not of the race of 'Man"... we are a Dwarf and an Ogre. Humble, take care of the others while I deal with their leader."

With that, Hans takes lifts up his Gravametric Mental Force Redirector from where it hung on his CAF Harness and aimed it at 'Miv the Mankiller'. Up, up, up went Miv, well above the the trees, even well above the Dwarven trading post. After inverting Miv, Hans looks over at Humble... and is surprised to find him having finally succumbed to all of his injuries at the hands of the Greater Demon, the magics of the Greater Demon that had sent them here, and finally the bandits who pounced upon the weakened Ogre and were able to finally down him. Looking over at the remaining bandits, and especially at the one who struck the final blow, Hans hurled Miv down like a missile head first onto the one who had downed Humble, and the two crash into a boneless heap.

"Now boys, I will be going over and checking on my friends over there and over there who you have just mistreated. Once I am done, if you are still ANYWHERE near us, I will treat you like I did your boss. If I find you have taken and kept ANYTHING of theirs, I will find you and hunt you down. Don't even bother to try to grab anything off of these two either, because they forfeited everything to us in attacking and you are all just lucky I don't take it out on you too. You are just lucky I am letting you keep your weapons. Now be off with you!!!"

With that, Hans checks on Humble, then rescues Sammy, Albeih and the Dwarf.

"What a fine situation you got yourselves in Sammy, Albeih, and you too Good Sir. I am Hans Greuber. Are any of you seriously injured, and what brings you to hang around with my two friends over here?"

General Knowledge 27
General Knowledge to recognise the name Char and knowledge about it
    Smarts: 1d12+2 = 14 (12)
      Ace: 1d12+14 = 26 (12)
        Re-Ace 1d12+26 = 27 (1)
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
    Result: 27 - Success with 5 Raises

Band of Healing: 4 / 10
    Band of Power: 4 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 9 / 10
    Dreamtime: 5 / 5
Active Powers:
  • Greater Armor (+10 MDC Armor)
  • Greater Quickness with Jazz (2 Turns per round, -2 MaP, +2 Pace, +1 Agility Die)

OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7/7
Created Gadgets:
    None

Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • +1 due Post Rate
  • +1 due Idea to Ignore the Attacks
  • -2 to re-roll to Ignore the Attacks
  • +1 due Interlude
  • -1 to Extra Effort Notice for Thieves

Toughness: 30 (21) MDC / 20 (11) / 13 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 9 /7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380

Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Stumbling through his body still burning from the magic inside him as the two forces fight each other, the demons boundless magic, versus Humble's unrelenting force.

Shaking his head clear Humble smells Sammy and Ailbhe. How could they be hear, did not both retire from the fields of war? Looking up just as his head clears humble sees one of the bandits kick Ailbhe while the others approach to threaten Hans and he. With lightning quick reactions Humble kicks a stone sending it racing towards the man blowing through his knee and leaving the man on the ground grasping what is left of his leg hanging on only by a thread.

Humble unleashes on the poor bandits as if they were nothing, as like paper dolls he rushes towards them. But unfortunately Humble did not consider the consequences of the demons magic still tearing through him. As one of the bandits feeling angered by what he saw happen to his brother swung his own hammer at Humble, in what Humble would have assumed to be a futile waste of effort. However the magic coursing through him was enough that Humbles body was still weak like that of a mortal and as his stumbled to the ground somehow the mortal weapon brained Humble dropping him on the ground! Adrenaline rushing through him the man laughed, he has just felled an Ogre in 1 swing, but Humble saw none of what happened next.

Some Rolls and Stuff
Notice X, +2 with scent
Notice 1d4 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)

QUICK COMBAT +2, 3 for wounds = -1
Fighting 1d12 (1)
Wild 1d6-1 = 0 (1)

1d3 (3)

Incapacitation = Not dead yet.
Wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6) + Ace 1d6+10 = 13 (3)
Vigor 1d12+4 = 8 (4)

Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 7 reduced by four from Berserk and Wild attack to 3
Toughness: 28 (8) +6 From Growth, -1 from TD = 33 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: -3/3 (Incapacitated again!)
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Hammer Shells: 6/8

Tongues: 0/3
Teleport: 1/3

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
None

Bennies: 0

+3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 For not being able to read letter
    +1 Benny “for being freaking heroic”
    -3 For Soak Roll versus Fusion Block
    -1 Extra Effort to Spot the Laser Point
    -1 Extra effort to grapple sniper
    +1 GM deleted rolls
    -1 Extra Effort to Avoid Missiles
    +1 RP Bonus from The Jewel Finder
    -1 Reroll to help the shuttle escape
    -1 Reroll again to help the shuttle escape
    -1 To Soak falling 50" from the sky
    -1 to become unshaken in same turn as fall
    +1 History of The Demon Black Cat
    -1 Extra effort to Hit Demon

Currently Using Han's Hammer
    Damn that sucker is heavy!]
    Damage: Str+2d10+4 (+3d8)
    Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
    Str Min: is 1d12+4
    Weight: 40 lbs
    This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.
[/quote]

Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble); Toughness: 28 (8)
Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6 (3)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:46 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

The dwarve removes his bonds while Sammy and Ailbhe do the same. He has a long beard and his ancient clan talisman weaved in his beard would indicate he is very much of the ancient Grubadorn Clan the ancient clan that the Gruber’s stem from. He gathers up a satchel and several papers that lie strewn arround. Albhie and Sammy do the same.

Sammy nods at the two, ” Meow, thank you rightly so. Abastor and I have been out here for a few weeks helping this town Charr out. Bandits and what not.” Ailbhe smiles and scratches the cat’s head. She looks at Hans and Humble appraisingly.

Sammy purs and meows gathering his sunshine pistol, ” Ahh yeah its been rough out in these parts. This is Hams Grubadorn. He is one of the main dwarves that runs that trader company yonder. They have some crickty crack rocks that Diamond Clad is interested in.”

The dwarve nods and smiles offering a hand, ” Arrr ye pleasure to meet ye. Names Hams Hightower of the Grubadorn clan. We make our mettle in the mountains to the west of Charr and sell in ‘ur Traddin Posty.” The dwarves accent is think but managable to those with a modicum of intelegence. He kicks one of the bandits that is stuck into the ground face first like a crumbled dart. ” I diddnt ‘ppose you two farers are in need of work?”

Sammy smiles and taps his revolver spinning the cylinder, ” Not a bad idea Hams, its been a bit of an ole challenge keeping the dubs out of Charr with just Avalanche and I on patrol. You think Big Bill will let them stay at in the inn?”

The dwarve nods, ” Aye, I think Big Bill can be persuaded once he hears the tale of their arrival. Plus it might be good to have some more muscle if that dark haired elf slips back into the picture... I godda wonder where she went?”

Sammy nods, ” I reckon it was her craft that poisoned our drinks and gut us under the sun out here... Say though Hans and Humble you two came in here pretty hot. I am sure Ailbhe can rift you back where you came from... I hate to leave ole Hams here to fend for his own but the Black comes first. You need our help and you got it.”

The dwarve starts to protest as he gets the drift that all the heores might leave him to his own innefective devices but a glance by Ailbhe siliences him. She speaks calmly with focus, ” Friends, it is clear we will help you or you can help us. Each choice bears its own responsibilities. What will yours be?”

Say the word and you can head back to Rift’s earth or you can hangout in Shintair...
Oh Han’s epic roll is more or less resolved here. the 27 basically means its Han’s ancenestors that are in charge of the trading post and are the nearest clan.

7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

2/2

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:35 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Humble gets up from where he was felled frustrated from his lack of effectiveness in the battle. Looking to Hans he apologizes before realizing clearly who the others are. "Sorry Hans, I did not fight well."
then looking around at his friends he had seen earlier his eyes confirm what he had thought they told him earlier. Moving forward quickly he gives Ailbhe a good hug and then lifts up Sammy in his hand to his shoulder. "That you live is good. I missed you." Forgetting to address the question of should they stay or should they go, Humble instead tells Sammy of the battles they had fought over the last week and this things he has learned. After sharing his story Humble stands tall and looks around. "We need a place to eat and drink."

Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Humble wrote:
Humble gets up from where he was felled frustrated from his lack of effectiveness in the battle. Looking to Hans he apologizes before realizing clearly who the others are. "Sorry Hans, I did not fight well."
then looking around at his friends he had seen earlier his eyes confirm what he had thought they told him earlier. Moving forward quickly he gives Ailbhe a good hug and then lifts up Sammy in his hand to his shoulder. "That you live is good. I missed you." Forgetting to address the question of should they stay or should they go, Humble instead tells Sammy of the battles they had fought over the last week and this things he has learned. After sharing his story Humble stands tall and looks around. "We need a place to eat and drink."

Sammy’s eyes go wide at Humble’s tale. He is usually not one to balk at a challenge, ” Meow Humble... Smooth as shit that Black Cat Demon is. Don’t you remember Charlesbad caverns at all?” Sammy shakes his head and whistles softly.
” It was one of the first all hands on deck legion actions. 5 SETs and the chromium gaurdsmen all gathered outwest in a small hotel... Even a CS division was brought in on the action. That was where I first met Vello. Lord Coake was in command. It was pretty horrific Humble, Hordes of demons spewing forth from a hell pit. War and strife raged for weeks... We were it, just us were all that stood against the demons busting out into the new west. It got bad, really bad... Meow, I thought about heading out at least twice, and from the looks on the faces of the other sets they were thinking along the same lines. But Coake and Vello kept us together and in the fight... About the third week is when the Black Cat demon showed up, or rather, now I gather, released ... Thats also when I first laid eyes on you. I am not even sure what side you were on Humble... But you and the Black Cat were not exactly on speaking terms if you get my drift...” Sammy pauses shaking his head seemingly trying ward off some disturbing images. ” Yeah I know a good barr in char, lets get a drink.”

7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

2/2

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:17 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Humble remembered the Cavern, but he is a little ashamed to admit. "Guavant the Necromancer controlled me then." then looking up with less shame Humble says proudly. "But one of the Legion freed me. So I turned on Guavant." He remembers fondly his fight against the vampires. But also his frustration as even with his magic sword he would cut a vampire in half only to have to regenerate before the Legion lady with the giant sunlight came and finished them off. His adrenaline ran strong for days in one of his longest battles and he enjoyed all of it.

Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:42 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
Welcome to the Gates of Charr

Charr a hamlet of a city sitting on the edge of a lake that feeds into a swift river. It is a moderate hub of commerce nestled just east of the the North reaches of great dwarven populated mountains. Its gates are strong wooden oak, well lackered and fortifiet with iron studs. The walls are about 20ft high, and about 12 city gaurds men with lances drawn and their intolerance captain, Commodore Voldo Vincent impose a greeting upon the heroes as they make their return. The Commodore’s black armor, grizzled worn countance, and black leather eye patch might give a normal hero pause...
Pic of Commodore Voldo Vincent
Attachment:
AD9AD6D2-3BDC-495E-8B0A-2CF6790C48E4.jpeg
AD9AD6D2-3BDC-495E-8B0A-2CF6790C48E4.jpeg [ 70.31 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]

The Commodore steps out with his sword sheathed for now with a scowl and snear on his lips. A sigil of a golden lion face on his shoulder pauldrons glints brightly in the afternoon sun. He rubbs his face with a well polished black gauntlet. He seems to take no heed of the heroes with Hamn Hightower, other than to deepen his scowl.

Hams whispers quickly and quietly right before the Commadore gets in ear shot, ” Da ales gone sour in dat man’s head.” He grabs Han’s wrist, ”Careful with da spells, I da seen black wizard rain down mddators on him and da Lion Gaurd Pauldrons came to life block da attack andda kill da wizard.”Hams seems more worried now than when he was about to get robbed by bandits.

The Commadore does little in the way of smiling and taps his gauntlet thoughtfully, ” Hams Hightower a master of the Ye Ole Trading Post. Now what brings you back to town so quickly after you so rudely left this morning.”
Ailbhe and Sammy exchange some furtive glances and Hams sort of hems and haws. Hams does his best though, ” Dah srry dabout dat, Idda know we are suppupose’d da drop coin for da toll but wedda some bandas chasing us outda city.”

The Commadore laughs, ” Bandits inside Charr, I think not. You will have to do better than that dwarve. I have had enough of you and your outlanders. A cat, a woman with horns, now you bring an Ogre and another dwarve with armor far too ornate to be of these lands.” The men he has with him laugh, as do several on the above rampart. The Commadore bellows for all to here, ” Come now Trading Dwarve tell us the sordid details... I dare you.”

Hams starts to portest, ” Wait, now see here my clan...” Fairly quickly the Commadore knocks Hams into the dirt, ” Your clan dwarve!” He points to the mountains to the west just visible over the tree line, ” Your clan drove my ancestor’s from their mountain homes... Do not dare lecture me!” He draws his blade, ” Never lecture me on what the Grubadoran’s did to the Vincents. I know.” The situation seems to gone down hill faster than a pig eating baked beans.

Sammy’s eye cocks and his paw is hovering over his holster. Ailbhe seems to have tensed as well although neither she nor Sammy have actually drawn weapons. Sammy seethes just so Hans and Humble hear him, ”Meow, this Commadore Voldo Vincent has been a thorn... Always giving us the finger. Seems he has it in for the Grubadorans for some time. But the Commadore is pretty influential in these parts, if we can’t smooth it over we might as well head out with out what we need to build another gate.”

Ailbhe nods, ” We must get past them Sammy, the portal stone that allows me to open a rift back is at the inn. Given how we were drugged by that damn dark haired elf woman Lilly I am concerned. Also, leaving Char means we let Diamond Clad down, which mean we let Gloom down. We really needs these rocks this Trading post has...” She sighs looking at Sammy. Then looks at Hans and Humble, ” Whatever we do, we do it together. We’ll follow your lead Hans and Humble. Talk our way, fight our way, or something else out of your bag of tricks. We got your backs.”

Player Directions: So its time to get past the gaurds.
Make 1 choice from the below options:
1) Social combat at -2. Each player rolls Persuation at -2, or intimidation -2. Post your narration based on your roll. 5 Successes are needed. Upon 5 You get past and can can conduct your business as normal.
2) Quick Combat at +4, Each player rolls a combat oriented roll. Needless to say the gaurds are fairly easy to put down. Note: This will most likely end with you leaving Charr in a rush after heading to the bar/inn to retrieve the stones. This will also put the Grubadorans in a bit of predicament.
3) Other option: Dramatic Task requiring 5 successes. You choose the flavor of the task and make the skill roll at -2. Obviously the task at hand is getting past these gaurds, but how it occurs is up to you. But both players must have the skill or like skill ( Same Trait) to do it. Depending on the skill and narration things may go ok, they may go not ok, they may go so so.

7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

2/2

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"Humble, follow me. Don't attack them. We will just follow the directions Sammy gives us to get the gate materials. Let them blunt their weapons on our armor and we will ignore them."

"Sammy, you talk to them and explain the futility of trying to stop Humble and myself. Stay outside the town with the other two, and we will get what is needed, without any bloodshed."

My extended Clansmen will get what is theirs.

With that Hans just calmly walks into town, trusting his armor to keep him safe.

Vigor 9
Choice 3 - Using Vigor for the Dramatic Task... so d10-2
    Vigor: 1d10-2 = 2 (4)
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
      Re-roll
        Vigor: 1d10 (2)
        Wild: 1d6 (5)
          Re-Re-roll
            Vigor: 1d10 (5)
            Wild: 1d6 (6)
              Ace: 1d6+6 = 9 (3)
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.

Hmmm... that sword was definitely of poor quality. It shattered on the third hit on my armor. That guy's axe, however, almost penetrated my armor. Must be of Dwarven manufacture.

Active Powers:
  • Greater Quickness with Jazz (2 Turns per round, -2 MaP, +2 Pace, +1 Agility Die)

OOC Comments
Created Gadgets:
    None

• Strength d12+2

• +2 to Shooting

• +1 due Post Rate
  • +1 due Interlude

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380

Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:37 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Humble nods, he does not like the idea of just letting potential enemies attack the team, but he knows it is important for him to follow orders. The conflict in his mind is frustrating, maybe he will get lucky and Hans will let him knock out a few of them. No need to kill them, but this is dangerous. "Yes, sir." He says dejectedly, as he is unskilled in hiding emotions and has never learned to deceive others.
Looking down at the small mouthy beings Humble starts getting upset when they are rude to Hans. "Please let me kill the rude one?" But when Hans does not okay it, Humble is annoyed the little human and his loose mouth. "You should be nicer to Hans."

Vigor 19
Vigor for Dramatic Tasks d12+2, +4 from Task, +2 from Armor.
Vigor 1d12+6 = 14 (8)
Wild 1d6+6 = 12 (6) Ace 1d6+12 = 17 (5)
Forgot +2 from armor

Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 7
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Hammer Shells: 6/8

Tongues: 0/3
Teleport: 1/3

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
None

Bennies: 4

+3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate

Currently Using Han's Hammer
    Damn that sucker is heavy!]
    Damage: Str+2d10+4 (+3d8)
    Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
    Str Min: is 1d12+4
    Weight: 40 lbs
    This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.

Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Sammy and Ailbhe stand back and watch the gaurds men hack at Hans and humble for the better part of the afternoon. More, gaurdsmen come down from the ramparts to test their might and all to soon even folks from the city proper stream out to see the feat of vigor come to Charr.

The commadore with his arm sprained in at least two places lays his sword to rest. He starts to say something but Sammy jumps up on his lion gaurd shoulder pauldron. ” Meow, Commadore Voldo... See here we got us what I call a mexican standoff, if we were in mexico and you hand something that could hurt Hans and Humble. Really though Commadore its just a couple of great legends from a land far away putting on a show about restraint.” The Commadore looks at his men who are laughing with the people of Charr as more and more try their luck at harming Hans and Humble. He shakes his head scowling and leaves the party to their own devices.

Its a bit of celebration as Hans and Humble are finally welcomed to Charr. Its streets in the wanning afternoon light normally are thin with activity but the massive throng of folks essentially escort Hans, Humble, Alibhe, Sammy, and Hams Hightower to the Black Lantern barr and Inn. Old man Bill, the propeter was just sweeping it out getting ready for the evening service when the throng approaches. Bill shouts to his bar maids, ” Get ready lasses looks like a hub bub is brewing, diner starts early.”
Bar man and exterior of the Black Lantern
Attachment:
File comment: Bar man bill
10F376C0-4D1E-44C8-B5D5-6AFC84841C45.jpeg
10F376C0-4D1E-44C8-B5D5-6AFC84841C45.jpeg [ 147.1 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Outside bar
72808F64-705D-4858-9B7A-244061B15CF1.jpeg
72808F64-705D-4858-9B7A-244061B15CF1.jpeg [ 337.4 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]

A Time for Tale, Tall and Small.

The food is set out, drinks are poured. Hams Hightower it seems is footing the beer for this celebration of heroes. The crowd seems incredably interested in the two heroes Hans and Humble. Folks are keen to get a look, a hand shake, or a word with the two mighty folks. It becomes a bit much for Ailbhe and she nods bidding the group a good evening retiring to her room upstairs. None too subtly she looks at Sammy passing him a key. The cat smiles stretching on Humble’s mighty shoulder. For now Sammy seems content to watch, drink, and listen to the heroes. All too soon though the Barman Bill beseeches Hans and Humble to regal the crowd with a story of their mighty deeds. ” What brought you here to our lands? Surely heroes such as yourselves have a grand tale about adventure whether tragic, heroic, beautiful, or victorious.” The crowd cheers wanting, nay desiring such a sorrid tale. The barman adjusts his orange smock and places a pair of fresh mugs with frothy ale, ” What say you mighty heroes? One tale?”

Sammy chuckles pulling out a cigar from his magic pouch and lights it up bounding down off Humble’s shoulder. He gives them both a wink and curles up next to the roaring fire ready for some exciting stories. With the sun now set and the gleam of the bar’s candel light and fire in full effect it does indeed seem time for legendary Tales!
Inside the Black Lantern Bar and tavern
Attachment:
File comment: Inside bar
5A8B0EF6-2F80-4B6C-AADF-A539D0521492.jpeg
5A8B0EF6-2F80-4B6C-AADF-A539D0521492.jpeg [ 368.01 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]

Interlude Time! Tell a story related to your adventures that is either Heroic(1), Tragic(2), Beautiful(3), or Victorious(4).
For this interlude you receive +1 benny, and +1 xp(immediately, I will no longer track interlude xp).
Note: rolling a 1d4 is optional.

7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

2/2

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Interlude Theme - Victorious
1d4 (4)

"As I recently said to a Black Cat Demon , 'You want Legendary, you should see my Father and what he does'."

**About 30 Years ago in a mountain pass in Shaintar not far from Charr**

Looking down from the wall at the pass he and his clansmen were guarding, Zaemon Greuber could only hope for a miracle. The pass was filled with creatures of Flame as far as the eye could see. There were even a few Gargoyles flying above, only kept back by crossbow fire and the occasional shot from the special Grapeshot Cannons he had devised to shoot them down. Even if EVERY single bolt they had in their inventory KILLED one of those creatures, they would still have to deal with over half of the creatures.

Fortunately, the Dwarven made wall they were guarding could take a lot of punishment. It was made from the hardest stone from deep within the mountains. It was designed and built to withstand anything and everything that creatures like this could throw at it. Unfortunately, it was not designed to withstand THIS MANY. They would smash themselves against it, dying by the scores, by the hundreds, by the thousands. Eventually they would build a ramp of their own corpses and crest over the wall and force the by then tired Dwarves, maybe a couple hundred in number, to fight the remaining demons of which there was sure to be over a thousand left. It would take a miracle to drive off the demons and other creatures. Thankfully their leader had been overconfident and as laid up due to a sniper's crossbow bolt at the start of the battle. Without that bit of luck, not even a miracle would save them.

Thankfully Zaemon Greuber had a secret weapon. It was his wife and love, Greteel, a Dwarven High Priestess. Their hope was that the energy from her Faith could be channelled through a device that he had made that would banish any Demons or any other nearby Creatures of Flame from this plane of existence and back to that which spawned their type. It was of an untried device, but it was their best chance. The trouble was that in it did not have the longest range. In order for it to work well enough to throw back the assault, their foes had to be right among them. That meant holding back the creatures as his clansmen made an orderly withdrawal back to the device to have the best chance of it working well enough for them to defeat the horde. Only then would they be sure that the rest of their clansmen back in the mountains would be safe from this invasion. It would cost lives, many Dwarven lives for them to slowly draw the remaining foes close enough to the device to send them away. Their sacrifice, however, should... no WOULD insure the survival of their clan.

The battle want as Zaemon predicted. Demon after demon, creature after creature. They all kept on pushing forward. If their leader was healthy, he would have had a better plan, but left on their own, the creatures kept pushing forward... smothering and killing their cohorts... then the were in turned pushed and smothered.... until slowly the pile of corpses started to climb up the wall.

The Dwarves chose their shots wisely. They shot any creatures that seemed smarter and were calling out any orders other than to push forward. Soon these smarter ones realized that it would be smarter not to call attention to themselves and instead hang back as much as they could so as not to be crushed and instead do the crushing and perhaps even be one of the ones to climb onto the wall and engage the Dwarves... though better not to be one of that first wave either. Even these smart minions could not see anything except crushing the Dwarves with wave upon wave upon wave of foes until at last they were buried under bodies and defeated.

The Dwarves were stoic, and held the line even as the wall was crested. The last bolts available were shot from the crossbows, taking down the first wave. There were yet more waves. The Dwarves held their line as they slowly gave ground to draw the creatures in... closer and closer to Zaemon's device. One by one, Dwarves fell under the onslaught, but they held their line as the orderly withdrew back to the device. Finally Zaemon and Greteel activated the device.

"As you all know, the Dwarven Lands were saved that day. Everyone thought that Zaemon Greuber and his fellow Dwarves had perished to the last. I am Zaemon's son, and I am 26 years old. I can tell you they survived. What all happened to Zaemon Greuber and the rest... well that will be a tale for another day."

Active Powers:

OOC Comments
Created Gadgets:
    None

• Strength d12+2

• +2 to Shooting

• +1 due Post Rate
  • +1 due Interlude

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:54 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Humble looks around and the familiarity of the setting draws him back. He finds himself thinking of days long past, and those thoughts soon consuming him. Suddenly a deep draw of breath and he begins to sing, a song in the ogre tongue. His accent on this world is old and likely even other ogres would not recognize it, but sing he does. The tune was slow and melancholy each line taking a full breath to sing.

‘What strong hands that beat the threshing floor
What strong hand that soothe the wounds
What strong hand have provided for
The children they have bore

When comes the chains of human will
When comes the pains of human skill
Those hands that break at human sword
Those hands they broke through human word

The father who defended noble in all
Now serves at human beck and call
The mother who bore children through the flood
Now lies in her own spilled blood

The humans came to tame the land
But stole it from those with peace in hand
The son was given to battle and war
But broken he served into his core

Then came the day the day he freedom born
No longer would he serve the those Camdon born
So came a Field of Blood born in Black
A Battle with without evils lack

A slave’s hand no longer in chain
Ready to slay those who brought forth the pain

While much of the music is lost in the understanding of men. The meaning was clear to those who could hear. This was a the tale of a slaves capture at the hands of Camdon slavers and the anger of that slave still lives on.

Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

As the evening sets so does the telling of tales. The crowd that had formed and followed Hans and Humble gives their thanks( each player receives a total of 2 gold coins worth of money). Bill the owner, tells you both with a tear and joy in his eyes, ” We folks of Charr, love a good tale, and you two have filled our hearts, souls, and minds with much this eve. For as long and as often you need a room I’ll make accommodations free of charge so long as you occationally give us a yarn like those...” He yawns as he watches the fire die down, and grins at the few folks asleep in the comfy chairs and high back stools.

Sammy himself yawns bounding up to the stairs with a key in hand. ” Meow, fellas I’ll see you both in the morn...”
A dagger flies through the air thudding into Sammies chest even as he leaps to avoid it. His momentum carries him crashing through the upper level window and onto the street unmoving.

Ailbhe suddenly appears ( as if she is running from something or someone) coming down the stairwell stumbling head over heals about half way down. Her face is brused, and beaten and not from her tumble. More like someone had been working her over. Her wrists are bleeding from rope burn. ” Oh Sammy! They took the portal cryst—-“ She never gets a word out as another dagger comes flying out of the second level hitting her in the back. She gees tumbling the rest of the way down the stairs. A slick green slime coats the dagger protruding from her back. She writhes in pain and stops moving.

A third dagger almost hits the barman Bill, but it just thunks 2 inches from his head into the bar. There is a strange symbol on it like a flame with a skull. The Maelstrom! Bill shucks of his barkeep tunic revealing a dark green woodsman outfit and grabs his bow from beneath the bar. ” I haven’t been a Ranger, for sometime lads. But mess with me and my patrons and you will see how much I remember. I know your ilk you shadow theives, The Maelstrom is not welcome.”

The upstairs level seems a bit darker than normal, and no visible attackers are readily apperent. Bill seems ready to leap into action or perhaps quickly answer a question. Two allies are injured. Some of the patrons are getting up complaining of the ruckus and missing personal items.

Player directions:
We basically are in initiative with Hans and Humble going.
Step 1) Roll a notice check at -4 to see if you lost anything ( 1 valuable item is missing on a failure, 2 on a crit failure), Raise you see a theif slinking out the front door with his arms full of goods.
Step 2) post your turn. Its a 8” movement to get up to the second level using the stairs, or 5” in a straight line via flight. Healing Ailbhe or sammy is at -3.
1d10+2 = 11 (9)

7/8
-1 to hit Vela with MW

2/2

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 16
Notice at -4
    Notice: 1d6 (3)
    Wild: 1d6 (5)
      Extra Effort: 1d6 (6)+2
      Ace: 1d6+8 = 14 (6)
      Re-Ace: 1d6+14 = 15 (1)
    Result: 16 - Success with 3 Raises

Turn 1
Greater Quickness on Himself, activate his armor's Structural Integrity Field (Greater Armor), and Mass Healing
    Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro)
      TW: 1d12+2 = 14 (12)
        Ace: 1d12+14 = 17 (3)
      Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
        Ace: 1d6+8 = 13 (5)
      Result: 17 - Success with Raise(s). 9 PPE.
      • The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
      • The character may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
      • In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.
      Greater Armor (+2 due Machine Maestro)
      TW: 1d12+2 = 12 (10)
      Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
      Result: 12 - Success with Raise(s). +10 MDC Armor. 6 PPE.
    Mass Healing (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Power Difficulty)
      TW: 1d12 (10)
      Wild: 1d6 (3)
      Result: 10 - Success with Raise. All friendlies within range heal 2 wounds. 6 PPE.

Turn 2
Quickness on Humble, run after the thieves, activate the Wings of Icarus, and draw Dreamtime
    Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
      TW: 1d12 (6)
      Wild: 1d6 (3)
      Result: 6 - Success. Auto-Raise. 5 PPE.
      • The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
      • In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.

After living with the Hammers, I guess I have almost a sixth sense of when someone was thinking of stealing my stuff.

"Calm down, everyone. Humble and I will take care of this."

"Humble, 6 people upstairs, and 6 people outside. I will take care of the ones out near the front door, and you can handle the ones upstairs. They were the ones to hurt Sammy and Ailbhe. I will heal them enough to stabilize them, and we can get to them later. This should help you."

With that, Hans takes out his Chrono-Accelerator and brings both him and Humble up to a speed of motion rarely seen in Shaintar, though common enough back on Rifts Earth. Between the seconds, Hans also has enough time to use his Mithril Band of Healing to bathe both Sammy and Ailbhe in its healing light, draw Dreamtime out of its holster, activate his Wings of Icarus, and fly straight out the door - following the thief sneaking his way out, and into whatever poor suckers thought they would be able to ambush those rushing out. Little did they know that the metal encased Dwarf now in front of them could have bounced cannon balls off of his armor without even flinching.

Smarts 14
Smarts at -4 to know about the Maelstrom (Ends up a d12-2 roll)
Smarts: 1d12-2 = 10 (12)
    Ace: 1d12+10 = 14 (4)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises.

I hate thieves. Wait... he guy mentioned the Maelstrom... hmmm...

"And Humble, these guys do not deserve any mercy. They are scum, and will fight to the death. Give it to them. Insult the Demon Queen, Ceynara, and I am sure you will easily see which ones are members of the Maelstrom. The members of the Maelstrom hurt Sammy and Ailbhe… and stole any of your gear that is missing."

Active Powers:

OOC Comments
Created Gadgets:
    None

• Strength d12+2

• +2 to Shooting

• +1 due Post Rate
  • +1 due Interlude

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:49 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 7 normal, 9 Smell
notice d4, +2 with Smell
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild die 1d6 (3)
    Benny for Reroll
    Notice 1d4 (1)
    Wild die 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 7 (1)

Seeing the thief slinking out the door Humble is about ready to run and grab him, when suddenly Sammy and Ailbhe are attacked.
Humble stands and takes off running immediately as soon as he does he feels Han's magic surge through him making him a faster warrior. Running up the stairs humble finds he has to crouch to fit as the floor is not meant for someone his size. Turning his head he looks for who ever is attacking his friends.

Looking Humble saw no enemies, but he did see a swirling soup of supernatural darkness. Humble draws his blade as it erupts in flame. Then seeing nothing in the darkness Humble knows battle field awareness is as important as the ability to swing a sword. Drawing on the elemental heritage of his nature his eyes suddenly glow slightly with a deep crimson so reminiscent of blood it chills the bone, but he does smell the people inside. Roaring out in a deep voice Humble says "You die now!"

Stubborn 7, notice is increased to d8
Exalted Boost Trait -5 PPE
Stubborn 1d6 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)
    Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 7 (4)

Then he rushes forward swinging his giant sword through the darkness. But the sword makes contact with nothing leaving Humble frustrated all the more.

Fighting
Fighting d12, Wild attack +2, Darkness -4
Fighting 1d12-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = 1 (3)

Active Effect Quickness + Jazz
Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
TW: 1d12 (6) [Make removable]
Wild: 1d6 (3) [Make removable]
Result: 6 - Success. Auto-Raise. 5 PPE.
The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.

Skills of Note:

• Fighting d12 (8)
  • Throwing d6 (2)

Edges of Note

RESOURCE TRACKING HERE

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]