The Warehouse (IC posting thread)

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Warehouse (IC posting thread)

Post by Stoic »

You arrive separately. You have been given instructions that you are to meet with a woman by the name of Helga Strong, an assistant to long-time councilwoman Jessica White in a week. She will bring you up to speed on the situation with the Coalition. All you know if that it is escalating, and the Tomorrow Legion has secretly pledged to help Kingsdale push the troops from CS Missouri back. In the meantime, a decent sized warehouse with enough space for the COT has been purchased. The furnishings are quite spartan, but it is clean and well secured (any attempts to breach the security systems will be at a -2). You have all been given pass cards and when you arrive there are instructions on how to set up a biometric I.D. using your palm as your passcode. The Tomorrow Legion expects you to be discrete, but they also trust that you are capable of taking care of yourself and organizing toward the ultimate goal, strengthening ties between the Legion and Kingsdale, without a baby sitter.
OOC Comments
This is your primary base of operations. Feel free to post your introduction to the rest of the group, and decide what if any living arrangements you want there to be. There are makeshift 10x10 bedrooms set up via large dividers in the middle of the warehouse, with a cot in each one. There is a communal kitchen area, and a one person sized bathroom in the corner of the warehouse. The dimensions are 20 squares wide by five squares wide, with each private room occupying a 1.5" area. You can elect to design it yourself within those guidelines, or if you prefer, I will do so. If no one has adequate transportation that will be able to fit the entire group, it will be provided for you, bought discretely from a third hand seller. Additionally, The Legion has provided the group with 10,000 credits which can be used to upgrade the living space.
Warehouse
You can use the rules from the SPC companion to build up the warehouse subject to approval. Each player gets to spend 2 pts however they would like, again subject to approval. Here are the basic stats:
Size: Large; Location: Urban Area (Warehouse District)
Condition: Average
Rooms: Kitchen and Dining, Personal Quarters (2 pts for 8 total)
Features: None
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Danny

Re: The Warehouse

Post by Danny »

The big Grackletooth looks down at the biometric hand scanner, then glances at his own clawed hand a good three times the scanners size. He shakes his head whispering, ”Stuff just ain’t built for me.” He brushes his armored gloves and adjusts his heavy yet manageable arsenal. His custom Triax made T-11 exoskeleton powered personal armor easily shoulders his wilks pistols and rifles, as well a backup huntstman armor. Promenatly strapped to his back in easy reach for his tail is his electromagnet manpack baby boom gun. Special made grips and a slightly longer stock outfit the powerful railgun making it well suited for the grackle.

Ahh the crapsack world we live in. This warehouse by the looks of it fits that trope to a T. Better not be any mumbo jumbo wizards in this team.. Danny whistles low remembering his last run in with a wizard.
”Damn enchanter kept going on about magic this, magic that...”
His tounge flicks out tasting the air and he sighs looking at the human sized hand scanner. After a breif staredown he pulls out his carved wooden flute amd begins to play waiting for another more appropriately sized person to let him in.
[dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice]
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Pace: 6 d6 ; Parry:4 ; Toughness:13(3) Strain: 0
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:
Shooting: 1d12+2
Survival: d8
Notice: d6
Stealth: d8

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Sig

Post by Sig »

“I know the feeling, mate,” came another deep baritone voice as a set of KLS Triarius Heavy Armor stalked up. As the helmet was removed, it revealed another grackletooth, who gave Danny a smile. The armor had a chest rig loaded up with grenades Sig had a rocket launcher and plasma ejector strapped to his back, and an ion pistol at his hip. The other hip had a large combat hammer. His tail, armored as well, swung out behind him to close the door. “It’s better than havin’ to do a full tear down an’ remodel, though.”

Sig stretched and headed toward one of the cubicles to dump his gear. “Not gonna be a lotta privacy here, mate. Hope yeh don’t snore.”
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 6/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sig wrote:“I know the feeling, mate,” came another deep baritone voice as a set of KLS Triarius Heavy Armor stalked up. As the helmet was removed, it revealed another grackletooth, who gave Danny a smile. The armor had a chest rig loaded up with grenades Sig had a rocket launcher and plasma ejector strapped to his back, and an ion pistol at his hip. The other hip had a large combat hammer. His tail, armored as well, swung out behind him to close the door. “It’s better than havin’ to do a full tear down an’ remodel, though.”

Sig stretched and headed toward one of the cubicles to dump his gear. “Not gonna be a lotta privacy here, mate. Hope yeh don’t snore.”
” The name is Danny. Regionally appropriate greetimgs an all that. Any idea who else is going to be on this mission of mercy?” Danny smiles appraising the mercenaries load out. Seems he is loaded for bear, hopefully someone comes alomg who is a skilled negotiator.
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Sig

Post by Sig »

“Ain’t met th’others yet,” Sig admitted. “Just told ta show up here. I’m Sig,” he introduced himself, offering a tail shake to the other grackletooth, as was their custom. “Pretty sure I’m here in case negotiations sour.” He grinned with a lot of sharp teeth.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sig wrote:“Ain’t met th’others yet,” Sig admitted. “Just told ta show up here. I’m Sig,” he introduced himself, offering a tail shake to the other grackletooth, as was their custom. “Pretty sure I’m here in case negotiations sour.” He grinned with a lot of sharp teeth.
Danny’s own tail snakes out into the Grackleshake. A time honored well documented twisitng of the tails. Danny grins too laughing, ” Well if its just us Grackles negotiations might go sour faster than a couple of Mumbo Jumbo’s negotiating with the Coalition. I just got in to Kingsdale this morning after spending a fair amount of time at the Anderleaf wilderness college. I suppose I know what is out there and what makes it tick.” He pats his giant electromagentic gracklepack railgun, ” Plus I am a crack shot with this, and if I am lucky on the draw I can take down a greater demon or Titan with one shot.”

Danny follows Sig inside looking arround as well. Danny responds to the playful joking about snoring in stride ” How did you know Sig? The monks at the last place I called home were constantly trying different remedies and it just made it worse.” After chuckling Danny hunches low going into a few rooms. ” Yup, sparse and not built for us to be sure. I was wondering what assignment were you on prior to this?” Danny tries his best to hide his unending curiousity but Sig can tell he gots to know.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika walks up to the warehouse with the few possessions she brought with her besides her arms and armor: A length of cherry wood to carve into a wand for enchanting; a shodo kit to work her craft; crafting and tool kits; and her pack.

Seeing the biometric scaner, Rika takes off her armor's gauntlet and scans in. She sees the pair of Grackles carrying on, and think she recognizes one.

"Oh, Its you! The grackle tooth from the Monastery! It is so sad, what happened to my people. I have no way home now, but this Tomorrow Legion was kind enough to allow me to join and continue my mission. It makes me happy to see a familiar face in this strange land," Rika greets Danny.

She looks at Sig and says, "You I do not know. I am Tsuchiya Rika," she bows slightly before continuing, "I must set up my things. There is much work to be done."

Rika searches the rooms for one to her liking and picks one. She sets up a temporary sleeping area by laying out her bedroll on the floor. Then she goes about setting up her enchanting station.

She drills some holes in the wall to hang her tools in an organized fashion and gathers up some sturdy surfaces from around the warehouse to use as a temporary work table. Its a rather paltry setup at the moment, but in time she hopes to clear out a larger area in the warehouse for a general crafting and enchanting workshop.

Satisfied with her work, she takes out the length of cherry wood and stares at it, thinking how to best carve it and what symbols and materials to add to the wand.

This portion of the post happens throughout the next day and a half off and on.
Preparation and Build Rolls
Base item: Wilk's 320 Laser Pistol; Cost - 11000/3 = 3667. It takes Rika [dice]0[/dice] hours to plan the build out and gather any materials she does not already have.

One shes ready she pulls out her tools and materials and gets to work
K/Arcana: [dice]1[/dice]
Wild: [dice]2[/dice]
EE: [dice]3[/dice]
With a raise I am allowed to add a minor trapping to the wand for free. I added Minor: Trapping Illusion - Psychosomatic.
Finally finished with her work, Rika holds it up and shouts triumphantly, "Excellent! The runes are inscribed perfectly, the shape and balance are exquisite, and the core is practically radiating magic!"
Tsuchiya Rika, M.A.R.S Rogue "Enchantress"
Rika, Human Exorcist
Pace: 6; Parry: 5(0) Toughness: 17(8)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Resistance: +2 Armor vs damaging Magic/Psionics and +2 to Trait rolls to resist opposing powers (Friendly powers are at -2) (+3/-3 total from Patron Item)
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls
    FEP: Fully sealed systems; Self-contained breathing; immunity to temperature extremes, radiation, vacuum, poisons, and disease; and other self-regulating life support systems)
    Master Exorcist: First raise on Spellcasting reduces PPE cost by 2, and by 1 per additional raise
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 11/15
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • 15: Sudden Death - Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
  • 36: Power Surge - Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny’s eyes go wide when he sees Rika. ”Miss Rika, of course it is a pleasure to see you again. Curious that you and I are thrust together in the legion’s efforts in Kingsdale. “ As she goes off he calls after her, ” No doubt you have work to do. Of course I am at your disposal for consultation should you get stuck.” His toungue forks out as he smiles. Best if I explain that mumbo jumbo so you don’t hurt yourself.

Danny moves his heavy frame arround the complex looking intently. He taps on a far wall and it slides open rather unexpectedly. He curiously looks at a control panel on the wall and the humansized cell with in. He taps a few buttons and a force feild encaces the cell and electricity arcs along the cell walls, not enough to hurt someone but perhaps make them loose the ability to concentrate. He hits the panel and the door slides shut concealing its presence. He walks to the others and exclaims, ” Wow! This place is full of surprises. I found a single cell that appears to have the ability to nullify psionic abilities. The mind is simply amazing and with so many mutations affecting the brain these days due to exotic particles constantly bombarding us, such a cell could be useful.”
Base Points Spent 2
Hey folks what do you think of a cool cell that can nulify psionic abilities, basically a retrapping of the nullification cell in the super hero book.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Jakob Tillman

Post by Jakob Tillman »

Jakob stops in front of the warehouse, inhaling the last of the acrid smoke from his cigarette. His road pack sits lightly over one shoulder, with a wilk's pistol in open view at his hip.The healed wounds of multiple fist fights and beating are plain on his face, his nose broken too many times to be considered conventionally attractive. He wears the dusty travel clothes well, appearing to have a relaxed and easy demeanor. He casts his eyes around as he puts out the burning ember, taking in the layout of the area.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]2[/dice]
He walks up to the heavy door and removes his glove for the biometric scanner. Swinging open the unlocked door, Jakob raises an eyebrow at the two hulking Grackles in front him.

"Knock, Knock" Jakob says as he steps through the entry. Jakob smiles amicably at the pair. "Am I late to the party?" Offering his hand to the larger of the two, Jakob steps forward into his new home.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Jakob Tillman wrote:Jakob stops in front of the warehouse, inhaling the last of the acrid smoke from his cigarette. His road pack sits lightly over one shoulder, with a wilk's pistol in open view at his hip.The healed wounds of multiple fist fights and beating are plain on his face, his nose broken too many times to be considered conventionally attractive. He wears the dusty travel clothes well, appearing to have a relaxed and easy demeanor. He casts his eyes around as he puts out the burning ember, taking in the layout of the area.
Notice [dice]38168:0[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]38168:1[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]38168:2[/dice]
He walks up to the heavy door and removes his glove for the biometric scanner. Swinging open the unlocked door, Jakob raises an eyebrow at the two hulking Grackles in front him.

"Knock, Knock" Jakob says as he steps through the entry. Jakob smiles amicably at the pair. "Am I late to the party?" Offering his hand to the larger of the two, Jakob steps forward into his new home.
Seems like this guy is trying to say hi to the larger of us... Not too sure who that is. Maybe it is Sig though.
Danny a pretty large creature himself looks a bit thrown by the human sized hand snaking its way towards he and his gracklefriend searching endlessly for who is larger. However, something fine smelling peeks his interest. His toungue forks out tasting the acrid smoke of the cigar. ” My, my an old friend Thrudhe used to munch on smokers like that... Last I heard though he died and a cat of all creatures walks arround with a quantum enhanced pouch of his cigars.”

The grackle looks intently at the smoke composition fuming out. ” My name is Danny, this here is Sig whom is here for when negotionations fail. I suppose I know the lands nearby fairly well. Rika, well she is complicated...” He drops his voice nodding his head towards the enchanter tinkering in the workshop, ” Well cursed really. She used to be a lovely gracklegirl, hardly even remembers it now.” The grackles eyes go all warm and fuzzy filled with sadness.

He coughs and breathes the cigar fumes deeply. ” Well I like what you got there pal, oh and it does not look like you are late at all. Plenty to explore in this place. I found a great cell to toss someone whose mind has tapped trancended levels. It should hold them nicely.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Standing in front of the warehouse, Johnny a scrawny kid in his mid 20’s, takes a quick look to make sure he hasn't been followed.
Notice 1d8 [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild 1d6 [dice]1[/dice]
Oh look, a N64 mark II biometric hand scanner. “Not bad, but still could use an upgrade.” Johnny tells himself as he places his palm on the scanner, opening the door.

Nice open layout and tons of room for improvements, this is gonna be fun. Johnny thinks as he walks into the warehouse. Seeing everyone doing their own thing Johnny says “Hey everybody names Johnny.” Johnny nods and heads towards the bunks. Picking one out, he throws his stuff on the cot and starts making it home.
Johnny Jones, Psi-Operator
Johnny Jones, Human, Psi-Operator
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
  • Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties.
  • ED-5 “Plastic-Man” Light Security Armor: +4 Armor, no Strength Minimum.
  • Vibro-Knife: Str+d6 MD, AP 4
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 4/4
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika is focused intently upon her work when the new arrivals show up. She has placed a small but thick 14"x8" sheet of rune-etched lead upon her make-shift worktable. Placed precisely in the middle of the lead sheet is the wand shes working on. It is capped by an intricately fashioned pewter dragon head which tapers down along the length of the wand. There is also a few other pewter pieces along the wand and at the end, but they are overshadowed by the dragon's head. Placed on either side of the wand is a pile of gold shavings on one side and a block of steel on the other. Rika chants in Japanese as she etches a few more runes into the slab.

Suddenly she stops, double checks her work, and nods once. Then she rushes out of her room and stops abruptly, noticing the new arrivals for the first time. She bows slightly and introduces herself to Johnny and Jakob, "I am Tsuchiya Rika. I am in a hurry, so do not speak. You may introduce yourselves later."

While she's talking she walks around the two new arrivals and tsks, saying, "No that will not do, too dangerous."

Then she looks at Danny, approaches him, taps his armor, walks around him and exclaims, "Yes! This will do. Danny! Come. You must help me."

Rika grabs his arm and pulls him towards her room.
Strength
Rika will try to literally pull Danny if he doesn't follow. Yes, I know. Not likely - but still, its what she would do.
Strength: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Rika, Human Exorcist
  • Arcane Resistance: +2 Armor vs damaging Magic/Psionics and +2 to Trait rolls to resist opposing powers (Friendly powers are at -2) (+3/-3 total from Patron Item)
    FEP: Fully sealed systems; Self-contained breathing; immunity to temperature extremes, radiation, vacuum, poisons, and disease; and other self-regulating life support systems)
    Master Exorcist: First raise on Spellcasting reduces PPE cost by 2, and by 1 per additional raise
Adventure Cards
  • 15: Sudden Death - Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Edit Signature
Sig

Post by Sig »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Sig grew a bit more sober when Danny asked where he had been prior to this assignment. “This is me first tour with the Legion,” he said. “I fought at Gloom.” He let the name hang heavy. Though they had prevailed, thanks to the Black Company and the Legendary Thirteenth, many had died, including heroes. “There was a grackletooth there, a brave brah named Thrudh. He died saving many. After the battle, I felt I should continue in his place, with what little I could contribute.”

A human woman of the appearance Sig had learned was called Asian entered the warehouse. She talked with an accent, and seemed to know Danny.

"You I do not know. I am Tsuchiya Rika," she said to Sig with a bow.

“I’m Sig...Tootsie,” the big grackle introduced himself, mangling her name. “Nice ta meet ya.”

She went off and started putting some kind of workbench together, so Sig shrugged and turned to the entrance as another human male entered.

“So it ain’t an all grackle party, I see,” Sig commented. “Greetings, brah. Not late at all. I’m Sig. That’s Danny an’...Tootsie.”

”My, my. An old friend Thrudh used to munch on smokers like that,” Danny said.

“Ya knew Thrudh?” Sig said with surprise.

“She used to be a lovely gracklegirl, hardly even remembers it now,” Danny said of Rika.

“Really?” Sig looked at the small human woman closely. “Maybe there’s a bit a grackle in the way she carries herself. Like she had a tail. I don’t know.” He tilted his head, checking out Rika’s rather pert -- and tailless -- posterior.

Another human male arrived and named himself Johnny. “Hello, brah. Sig, Danny, Jakob, and Tootsiericky,” he introduced the others.

Sig walked toward a pair of double doors and pushed them open. “Oh, gnarly. A med center!” the grackle said enthusiastically.
Build Points
I am spending my two build points on a medical center, because with Improved Arcane Resistance it’s going to be a bear to heal me. Mike, what is the Facility Modifier for the med center?
Conditions
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8 (+2 Fear), Strength d8 (Armor d12+2)(Max d12+2), Vigor d12 (Max d12+1)
Charisma: 2 (-4 CS); Pace: 8; Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Heroic, Greedy, Loyal, Overconfident
Edges: I Know a Guy, Brave (+2 Fear), Assassin (+2 damage vs unaware), Prehensile Tail (extra non-movement action, no MAP), Improved Arcane Resistance (+4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic), Improved Nerves of Steel (ignore 2 Wound modifiers), Battle Hardened (+2 Soak)
Adventure Card:
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny clasps Sig in the shoulder with a meaty armored claw and nods sullenly. Thrudhe’s loss was hard for all of us to take. In the gracklespeak he was called alwahid, the one. ” Aye Sig, I knew him and of him. He is the reason I am here today. Along time ago—-“ Before Danny can even begin his story he is pulled by Rika into another room. Despite their disparaging strength he is more than willing a to go. He does remember when she was a grackle even if she cannot remember herself.

” You got it Rika, what do you need.” Danny’s tail swishes playfully behind him remembering a far off day, warm and bright were he and his friend spent a sunny afternoon under the sun. He looks at Rika with a small amount of sadness. It’s too bad, she did have a fine looking tail.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Lance

Post by Lance »

clipclopclipclop Not a sound usually heard this far East, nor one heard often in most cities. But there it is, the undeniable sound of hooves on pavement. A moment later, there's a 'thump', and then the door opens to admit a Mastiff-headed partial conversion 'borg. Built into his right arm, there's an unmistakable mining drill. He gives a large, doggy grin as he enters and sees the others present.

"Well met, my compatriots! I am Lance. I trusteth thee are my fellow Legionnaires?" Looking around, he notes a small area that had probably originally been designed as a motorcycle bay. "Excellent! I had hoped there would be adequate stabling, here." He goes over, opens the bay door, and whistles, and in comes the previously only heard horse. The beast is a magnificent Clydesdale, almost as heavily modified as his owner--heavy metal plates embedded as a sort of innate barding, and the rear hooves are definitely not those provided by nature.
OOC Comments
Spending my 2 points on "Garage" for space for Steed.
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0 (but effectively +2); Parry: 7; Toughness: 18 (8) or Ranged 22 (12)
Fighting d12+6, Shooting d8, Riding d12+1, Notice d4+2 (+4 Scent/Vision), Repair d4, Tracking d6+4, Streetwise d6+2, Persuasion d6+2, Survival d4+4, K: Politics d8
Edges: Danger Sense, Beast Master, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Improvisational Fighter, Trademark Weapon (Drill), Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Delusion (Knighthood), Quirk (Faux-Courtly Speech), Outsider
Preferred Attacks:
  • Primary Attack: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) + 2d6 MD, AP 10, Reach 1 (if needed)
    Mounted Attack: Drill, Mounted Lance Mode, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6, AP 12, Reach 2
    Hard Target: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6 MD, Ignores Armor (Full Round Action, only vs. Vehicles/RA/Inanimate objects)
    Ranged Attack: Shooting d8, Portable Rocket Launcher (5d6 AP 6 SBT) or JA-9 Variable Rifle (3d6+1 AP 3)
Cybernetics (12/14 Strain):
  • EDS, Optics Package, Core Electronics Package, Wilderness Scout Package, x2 Wired Skill Ports (4-step Fighting, Riding), HtH Reaction Wiring, Reinforced Frame, Cy-Wi Reflexes, Drill
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
    Inspiration Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
“Steed” (Heavy Warhorse with Cybernetics)
[list] Agility 6; Smarts d4 (A); Spirit d6; Strength d12+2; Vigor d10
[*]Fighting d8; Notice d6
[*]Pace 10/d10; Parry 6; Toughness 22 (12 MDC)
[*]Size +3
[*]Kick: Strength +2d6 MD [/list]
Jakob Tillman

Post by Jakob Tillman »

This is a motley bunch. Not a chance of us blending in at all. Jakob offers one of the cigarettes to Danny. So, I gues that means I'm here to stop the negotiations from failing? Glad to have you both here for when things get ugly. About that time, a small woman drags Danny way. Did she say her name was Rika? Ack...people are so rude now a days.

Sig, was it? Gloom was some bad business. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother in arms. Jakob files it away that he should look into the battle a bit more when time permits.

Waving a greeting to the you kid that entered, Jakob introduces himself Jakob Tillman. Pleased to meet ya, kid. How long you been in the Legion?

Jakob gives the place a quick once over, noticing a modest library, a few blackboards, a computer lab, and a large pin board tucked into the corner. That's a good start. I bet we can really get this place looking nice with a bit of elbow grease.

Turning in surprise at the sound of hooves, Jakob takes in the sight before him. Not everyday you see a Dog Boy Cyborg fresh from the Renaissance Faire. Lance...well met. Nice horse.
OOC
I'm spending my build points on a library and a command center for the team. Do we have enough beds for everyone?
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim walks into the warehouse and sees everyone milling about. He quickly scans the room to see what kind of people are in his team, and notices his friend Johnny and gives him the future thumbs up.

He takes his air filter off and nods to everyone in the room, raising his hand. "Tim Gates", he says as he heads over to his "room" to drop off his gear.

Tim tosses his backpack and survival kit onto the floor next to his bed and slides the dresser over close. He sets out several thick and tattered tomes with strange glyphs and runes on the cover. In middle he places a small intricately carved wooden box containing two baoding balls and carefully adjusts its position until it is perfect.
HQ Building Points
Specialist Library/Lab (+2) (Arcana): Unlike a reference library, a specialist library or laboratory is dedicated to one core subject—such as arcana or chemistry. This is a Knowledge skill chosen when the room is purchased. Using the library or lab grants a bonus to the chosen Knowledge skill rolls equal to the headquarters’ Facility Modifier.
Tim Gates, Ley Line Walker
Tim Gates, Human, Ley Line Walker
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (7)
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (18): Your hero gains +2 damage when using direct damage spells and TW weapons.
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (17): All damage-dealing spells do Mega Damage, and ones which normally do Mega Damage gain +5 AP
  • DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor (Patron Item)
    OOC Comments
    This suit of light armor is based off of a rare pre-rifts design of space exploration armor. A reclusive Techno-Wizard found a small cache of the suits on a trip to Dinosaur Swamp and modified them to make a hardy, land-based survival suit for exploration. Only a few dozen of these suits are known to exist, and somehow have come into the hands of adventurers.
    • +7 Armor
    • Strength increase of one die type.
    • Full Environment Protection
    • Integrated Multi-Optics suite with night and thermal vision mode for vision. It also can act as a pair of binoculars with a two-mile range. This digitally enhanced optic system provides infrared overlays, crosshair targeting, and real-time digital output of distance and estimated travel times to targeted locations. It also provides +2 on all ranged attacks.
    • HUD with all around cameras. Allows wearer to view 6 info or camera screens while still being able to see what is going on in front of them. This grants the Danger Sense Edge. If the character already has the Danger sense Edge, then it removes the -2 penalty to the Notice roll when using Danger Sense.
    • Built-In Radio Transceiver (20 mile range)
    • Multi-purpose Flight/Swim Mobility Pack: The flight pack has a two mobility modes. Each must be activated separately. In essence, they both use the Flight Power, but one is only usable underwater.
    • Outside of a ley line, DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor requires 1 Power Point per hour to function; without this, the weight quadruples, the Armor value drops to +3, and no other functions work. (15 lb)
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Those with any kind of computer discover a curiosity. Unlike the majority of Rifts Earth, Kingsdale has a small local wireless internet. If you have a computer, you can purchase (and start with free of cost) a chip that offers you access to the local wireless network.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

In her room with Danny, Rika explains what's going on, "Danny, I have developed an experimental process for giving a metal the properties of other metals. I need a gold fixture on this wand as its effect is complicated. Gold is too soft, but steel is durable. Steel however is difficult to manipulate intricately, which is why I have crafted the fixture out of pewter."

She stops and looks at Danny to see if he's following and says, "None of that is important. Disregard it - what is important, however, is that after I etch the final rune into that slab of lead, a process will begin to give the pewter the hardness of steel and the useful properties of gold."

"This is the critical part - you have to hold that," Rika points to a heavy-looking square lead cover roughly matching the dimensions of the thick 14" x 8" sheet of lead on the work bench and continues, "over the the lead I am working on. When I say, set it down quickly! The process will let out dangerous energy which could hurt us if exposed to it for too long. Which is why you must also wear your armor, Danny."
OOC Comments
Assuming Danny co-operates, Rika turns back to the slab of lead when Danny is in position and finishes etching the last rune. Immediately upon finishing the rune she shouts, "Now, Danny! Cover the slab!"

Rika bows deeply to Danny and says, "I cannot thank you enough Danny-san. The runes outside the lead box fasten the two pieces together tightly to ensure our safety. Sometime tomorrow the process will be complete, and I can finish my wand!"

Rika eyeballs the humanoid dog and the horse, both fitted with extensive cyberware. She approaches and gives a slight bow to him too, "Welcome. I am Tsuchiya Rika."

Rika makes a point to caution each member of the team, "Please do not tamper with the lead box in my room. In addition to my work being potentially ruined by your clumsy meddling, harmful energies are being released by the process occurring within the box which could make you sick."

When Tim shows up, Rika greets him with a slightly deeper bow than the others, "My name is Tsuchiya Rika. I sense that you too have exerted mastery over your Ki. I am glad to see another Ki user in our team. I am an exorcist - I specialize in the knowledge of Kami. I am also knowledgeable about evil spirits and the methods for sending them back to their rightful planes of existence. In pursuit of my craft, I was also taught to create and enhance magical gear. What is your specialty?"

She also gives him the same warning about her room as the others.
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sig

Post by Sig »

Notice 14
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

As Danny is pulled away by Tootsie, Sig turns at the sound of horse’s hooves to greet the newly arriving dog boy borg and his borg horse.

“We are the Legion in these parts, brah,” he said. “Welcome. I am Sig.” He went through the rest, introducing them.

“I'm sorry for the loss of your brother in arms,” Jakob told Sig.

“Thank ya, brah,” Sig said. “Thrudh died saving others from certain destruction. It is what he would have wanted.”

Another human male joined them. He looked like a magic user, by his armor and the weird mumbo jumbo he did.

“Welcome, Tim Gates. I’m Sig. Make yourself at home.”

Conditions
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8 (+2 Fear), Strength d8 (Armor d12+2)(Max d12+2), Vigor d12 (Max d12+1)
Charisma: 2 (-4 CS); Pace: 8; Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Heroic, Greedy, Loyal, Overconfident
Edges: I Know a Guy, Brave (+2 Fear), Assassin (+2 damage vs unaware), Prehensile Tail (extra non-movement action, no MAP), Improved Arcane Resistance (+4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic), Improved Nerves of Steel (ignore 2 Wound modifiers), Battle Hardened (+2 Soak)
Adventure Card:
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Lance

Post by Lance »

As Sig introduces him around, Lance greets everyone in a friendly fashion, though in somewhat... odd speech patterns. There's definitely an excessive number of 'thee's and 'thou's in there, as well as verbs ending in '-eth'. Still, he's clearly sincere in his delight at being among such robust and diverse companions. When Rika gives her little speech, he nods earnestly. "I thanketh thee for the caution, good lady exorcist. I shall giveth thine workspace a wide berth."
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Fighting d12+6, Shooting d8, Riding d12+1, Notice d4+2 (+4 Scent/Vision), Repair d4, Tracking d6+4, Streetwise d6+2, Persuasion d6+2, Survival d4+4, K: Politics d8
Edges: Danger Sense, Beast Master, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Improvisational Fighter, Trademark Weapon (Drill), Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Delusion (Knighthood), Quirk (Faux-Courtly Speech), Outsider
Preferred Attacks:
  • Primary Attack: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) + 2d6 MD, AP 10, Reach 1 (if needed)
    Mounted Attack: Drill, Mounted Lance Mode, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6, AP 12, Reach 2
    Hard Target: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6 MD, Ignores Armor (Full Round Action, only vs. Vehicles/RA/Inanimate objects)
    Ranged Attack: Shooting d8, Portable Rocket Launcher (5d6 AP 6 SBT) or JA-9 Variable Rifle (3d6+1 AP 3)
  • EDS, Optics Package, Core Electronics Package, Wilderness Scout Package, x2 Wired Skill Ports (4-step Fighting, Riding), HtH Reaction Wiring, Reinforced Frame, Cy-Wi Reflexes, Drill
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Inspiration Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
[*]Size +3
Danny

Post by Danny »

Its probably good that Danny remembered Rika as she used to be. He nods and does as she asks often times before she asks. Quantum fillament this, shrodigers paradox that... Oh Rika you were something...

Danny is over the moon when Sig brings Lance clip cloping around, Another proper grubber. Despite the over use of thee and thous Danny grins looking Lance over a couple of times. I am not an engineer by trade, but I gotta admire something so well built. That drill is just... Well it brings a tear to me eye.
”Sorry uh Lance, I got something in my eye... Ah much better, the name is Danny. I am a bit of an old school scout I suppose. You already met Rika, don’t mind her she is just sore about being cursed. I see Sig is your tour guide, he is also here in case Jacob Tillman fails in negotiations.” Danny looks around his tail delicately balancing his large electromagnetic gracklepack gun. ” Uh yeah I think an air filter was here a second ago maybe Bill, or Tim... Last name was definitely Gates, right Sig? Gates something...”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim settles in and gets all his personal effects put away in their appropriate places. He gently picks up his baoding balls and starts rolling them around in his left hand. He closes his eyes for a moment and listens to their droning chiming sound.

He reflects for a moment and thinks, "I hope those grackles who shook each others tails don't expect us humans to shake our 'tails'..."

He then gets up, still spinning the balls in his hand and approaches all of the members that he doesn't already know.

"I'm called Tim." he tells each of them.
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (18): Your hero gains +2 damage when using direct damage spells and TW weapons.
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (17): All damage-dealing spells do Mega Damage, and ones which normally do Mega Damage gain +5 AP
    OOC Comments
    This suit of light armor is based off of a rare pre-rifts design of space exploration armor. A reclusive Techno-Wizard found a small cache of the suits on a trip to Dinosaur Swamp and modified them to make a hardy, land-based survival suit for exploration. Only a few dozen of these suits are known to exist, and somehow have come into the hands of adventurers.
    • +7 Armor
    • Integrated Multi-Optics suite with night and thermal vision mode for vision. It also can act as a pair of binoculars with a two-mile range. This digitally enhanced optic system provides infrared overlays, crosshair targeting, and real-time digital output of distance and estimated travel times to targeted locations. It also provides +2 on all ranged attacks.
    • HUD with all around cameras. Allows wearer to view 6 info or camera screens while still being able to see what is going on in front of them. This grants the Danger Sense Edge. If the character already has the Danger sense Edge, then it removes the -2 penalty to the Notice roll when using Danger Sense.
    • Multi-purpose Flight/Swim Mobility Pack: The flight pack has a two mobility modes. Each must be activated separately. In essence, they both use the Flight Power, but one is only usable underwater.
    • Outside of a ley line, DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor requires 1 Power Point per hour to function; without this, the weight quadruples, the Armor value drops to +3, and no other functions work. (15 lb)
Adventure Cards
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Tim Gates wrote:Tim settles in and gets all his personal effects put away in their appropriate places. He gently picks up his baoding balls and starts rolling them around in his left hand. He closes his eyes for a moment and listens to their droning chiming sound.

He reflects for a moment and thinks, "I hope those grackles who shook each others tails don't expect us humans to shake our 'tails'..."

He then gets up, still spinning the balls in his hand and approaches all of the members that he doesn't already know.

"I'm called Tim." he tells each of them.
Danny, the better looking of the two Grackles nods setting his Helmet down. ” Please to meet you. I’m Danny, the bigger one here is Sig. Now don’t worry if you don’t have a tail a simple handshake will do. Rika over in the workspace, well she is a bit cursed. Used to be a good looking Grackletooth if you can believe that.” Danny shakes his head sadly for a moment. Ahh, crud what was his name Bill? Maybe Tim... Blast. He squints at Tim real hard before finally saying, ”We’ll pal, I am a bit of a scout, Sig likes to deal with negotiations gone sour. What do you do?”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Danny wrote: Danny, the better looking of the two Grackles nods setting his Helmet down. ” Please to meet you. I’m Danny, the bigger one here is Sig. Now don’t worry if you don’t have a tail a simple handshake will do.” Ahh, crud wat was his name Bill? Maybe Tim... Blast. Danny squints at Tim real hard before finally saying, ”We’ll pal, I am a bit of a scout, Sig likes to deal with negotiations gone sour. What do you do?”
Tim stops playing with his balls once Danny asks him that question and thinks for a moment trying to come up with a simplified answer.

He moves his hand around as if molding or shaping something. "I am able to manipulate the mystic web and bend it in such a way that I can make certain shapes that will manifest themselves into either positive, neutral, or negative energy forms." He stares off for a moment thinking. "Hmm, Tobin's Encyclopedia explains it much better, would you like me to bring you a few volumes to study?"
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Tim Gates wrote:
Danny wrote: Danny, the better looking of the two Grackles nods setting his Helmet down. ” Please to meet you. I’m Danny, the bigger one here is Sig. Now don’t worry if you don’t have a tail a simple handshake will do.” Ahh, crud wat was his name Bill? Maybe Tim... Blast. Danny squints at Tim real hard before finally saying, ”We’ll pal, I am a bit of a scout, Sig likes to deal with negotiations gone sour. What do you do?”
Tim stops playing with his balls once Danny asks him that question and thinks for a moment trying to come up with a simplified answer.

He moves his hand around as if molding or shaping something. "I am able to manipulate the mystic web and bend it in such a way that I can make certain shapes that will manifest themselves into either positive, neutral, or negative energy forms." He stares off for a moment thinking. "Hmm, Tobin's Encyclopedia explains it much better, would you like me to bring you a few volumes to study?"
Danny laughs, ” Of course you do pal, of course you do.” Tobin is such an asshole, stole all my good ideas and crammed them into a sad sad encyclopedia. Still chuckling inwardly Danny explains himself a bit more, ” When I said scout, I should have been more plain... Tracking and wilderness forays and the like. I’m a crack shot with my gracklepack as well. Sig, well I think he will kickass if Gill’s web of words falls apart. What I meant is what do you do? “ Danny’s tail is holdimg a human sized single shot rail gun.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Danny wrote: Danny laughs, ” Of course you do pal, of course you do.” Tobin is such an asshole, stole all my good ideas and crammed them into a sad sad encyclopedia. Still chuckling inwardly Danny explains himself a bit more, ” When I said scout, I should have been more plain... Tracking and wilderness forays and the like. I’m a crack shot with my gracklepack as well. Sig, well I think he will kickass if Gill’s web of words falls apart. What I meant is what do you do? “ Danny’s tail is holdimg a human sized single shot rail gun.
"Oh!, what I do. I'm more of a support specialist, kinda fill in the cracks, that sort of thing. And anything we need to know about the arcane," He pats one of the tomes of Tobin's Encyclopedia he is carrying under his arm, "I have it covered."
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Warehouse (IC posting thread)

Post by Stoic »

Current Base Stats

Size: Large; Location: Urban Area (Warehouse District)
Condition: Average
Rooms: Kitchen and Dining, Personal Quarters (2 pts for 8 total)
Features: None

Danny Base Points Spent 2: Psionic nullification chamber

Sig Base Points Spent 2 Medical Center

Tim Base Points Spent 2 Specialist Library/Lab (+2) (Arcana):

Lance Base Points Spent 2 Garage

Johnny Jones Points are unspent, and you have an additional 2 from Jakob to spend
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

The lizard man looks over the edifice. He speaks Elvish to a man next to him. "This place does not fit my station. Are you certain this is the location of the investigators?"

The man, a cybernetically enhanced half elf (though you couldn't tell), nods, and answers in Elvish. "It is, master. I tracked their traffic here. Someone here also likes browsing Pornhub."

The lizard peers quizzically at the man. The half elf responds. "Oh, that's...it's where you view...never mind, master. It is beneath you."

The lizard man simply nods. "Let us enter. Let us also see to improvements as soon as possible. You can arrange that, yes?"

The half elf nods. "I can. I'll route the credits from a CS official's account. We'll have the place fixed up in no time."

The lizard grimaces. "Arvalis, what would you know of time? Yours is a blink of an eye to one such as me. No time? Every second wasted on trivialities is a moment delaying my ascension. Do not speak of the temporal as if you commanded it."

The half elf lowers his head in deference. "You're right, master Ulithrax. I stand corrected. The upgrades will be completed as quickly as possible. Let's check these codes out and make ourselves at home, at your leisure."

The lizard man nods. The two approach the door of the warehouse. A massive mound of earth shaped into a humanoid lumbers behind them. The half elf enters the code and the door opens. The earth elemental strolls into the warehouse first, clearing the way. The lizard man enters, followed by the half elf. "It is a start. See to the upgrades."
Upgrading the facilities
Adding the Computer Lab for 1 point
Pooling 1 remaining point towards Condition upgrade
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Bennies: 3
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 16 / 20 (bound summon)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11 (4)
Active Effects: Speak Language (American)
Edges: Wizard, HJ PPE conservation
Weapon in hand: Wand of Domination
Weapon in offhand: none
Adventure Card:
Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Bennies: 2
Parry: 5
Toughness: 12 (5)
Edges: Quick, Elan
Weapon in hand: Wilk's 237
Danny

Post by Danny »

Fear Check confronting Ulthriax the unknowable, heart attack and shaken for 4 rounds
Fear Check because Ulithrax is unknowable: Fear -2, +2 for having played his flute recently: [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Fear Table: [dice]2[/dice]
Heart Attack: The hero is so overwhelmed with fear that his heart stutters. He becomes Incapacitated and must make a Vigor roll at –2. If successful, he's Shaken and can't attempt to recover for 1d4 rounds. If he fails, he dies in 2d6 rounds. A Healing roll at –4 saves the victim's life, but he remains Incapacitated. Vigor: [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice], so shaken for [dice]6[/dice][dice]3[/dice]
Danny has a great big smile on his face explaining the inner workings of the jail cell the warehouse contains, ” You see it uses electro currents, quantum destabilizing, and...” When he catches sight of Ulthriax his heart stops for 12 seconds as he drops to one knee... ” No not again... The Fed... The Fed burned down the monastary... All of them shifters... All of them unexplainable bastards... Argghhhh.” He clutches at his chest rapidly as a sharp pain threatens to overwhelm him. Somehow he remains on one knee refusing to completly bend to Ulthriax’s ill timed arrival. His tail lashes out trying desperatly to grab his nearby 12 foot tall rail gun.
”Argghhh... No, you ain’t going to burn us down... The Federation will have tooo... Argghhh...”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

The lizard man looks down at the struggling grackle. He watches as Danny grabs at his own chest. He gives Arvalis a confused look. Arvalis responds in Elvish. "He believes you are a part of the Federation of Magic. Shall I tell him why we're here?" Ulithrax nods, then continues to watch Danny struggle with a disinterested look on his face.

The man speaks. "My friend Ulithrax is no friend of the Federation of Magic. He's my traveling companion. We took an interest in the recent bombing and went looking for others who want to stabilize the region, so we can pool our resources, so to speak. We're peaceful types. That type of violence and bloodshed doesn't fit anyone's agenda. Even my friend's associate is here for defense and protection, not to burn it all down." He pokes at the earthen mass, his finger sinking into the muck. "See? Big pile of mud. What's the worst mud ever did to you other than make more laundry?" The man steps forward, hands empty and open. "I'm Arvalis. I'm local, mostly. I was looking for clues and noticed an uptick in traffic from this address. Maybe you should be careful what you browse. Pornhub 2099 has spytech all over it. You might as well have plastered a sign over the front door." He grins a little bit, a charming, mischievous grin. "Don't worry. I retracked it. Now they're gonna think Beauregard from the CS has a fetish. But maybe a little more care in the future? Particularly if you're out of that castle in the hills. Give your crew a bad name, you know?" He looks down at Danny. "Bud...you okay there? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Ulithrax points at the sparse furnishings in the warehouse, then looks at Arvalis. Arvalis nods in return. "Yeah, so, Ulithrax wants to help your operation. He's arranged for some upgrades here. Hope you don't mind? Maybe a computer lab with some proper tech. Ghost VPN, spytech blockers, trojan killers, that sort of thing? We're gonna need a room though. You got rooms, right?" He offers to help Danny to his feet, then makes the rounds, introducing himself to everyone present. Ulithrax simply nods when names are shared.
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Danny wrote: Danny has a great big smile on his face explaining the inner workings of the jail cell the warehouse contains, ” You see it uses electro currents, quantum destabilizing, and...” When he catches sight of Ulthriax his heart stops for 12 seconds as he drops to one knee... ” No not again... The Fed... The Fed burned down the monastary... All of them shifters... All of them unexplainable bastards... Argghhhh.” He clutches at his chest rapidly as a sharp pain threatens to overwhelm him. Somehow he remains on one knee refusing to completly bend to Ulthriax’s ill timed arrival. His tail lashes out trying desperatly to grab his nearby 12 foot tall rail gun.
”Argghhh... No, you ain’t going to burn us down... The Federation will have tooo... Argghhh...”
Tim sees Danny hunch over and grab his chest and look up to the sky.

"Are you alright over there? You look all clenched up from stress. Do you want to play with my balls to relieve some stress and become calm?

Tim pulls out his baoding balls and starts spinning them in one hand making sure that they do not touch. They give off a slight calming metallic hum as he spins them.

"I can show you the technique if you would like."
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Arvalis stands there, a little gobsmacked at the mention of balls and technique. "Uh, I think..." He turns to Ulithrax. "I do believe we've made a huge mistake. I don't want to be here for whatever ritual they're about to perform."
Ulithrax holds up his hand, stopping Arvalis short from leaving the building. Arvalis sighs. "We're not here for reenactments of what you browse for. We're just here to help people with real problems."
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny struggles to breath and grabs hold of Tim’s humming balls. ” Thanks uhh Bill? I have held balls like these before... Very calming... argghh...” Danny tries to stand, giving back the balls, with the help of the new comer Arvalis, ” Avacodo was it? Was that really all Uhh. Ultimax wanted you to say?” It seems like the big Grackletooth with nice exoskeleton armor a 12ft long rail gun, and a flute in his tail might either be poking fun or having trouble remembering names. ” Don’t play with me, I just can’t work with a Fed, and it is personal. I’ve seen too many wizards loose control of beings from quantum realms.”

Danny reaches for his rifle not pointing at anything, ” You come in here all friendly, no warning. We are in a middle of an operation in search of a bomber. We need your credentials. Who sent you?” Beads of sweat run down his face as he tries not to relive the horrors he saw shifters commit during the Tolkien war.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Tim Gates wrote:
"Are you alright over there? You look all clenched up from stress. Do you want to play with my balls to relieve some stress and become calm?

Tim pulls out his baoding balls and starts spinning them in one hand making sure that they do not touch. They give off a slight calming metallic hum as he spins them.

"I can show you the technique if you would like."
Seeing Tim pull out his balls and start playing with them, Johnny walks over and says "Trust me, Tim is a master manipulator of his balls. He'll have you stress free in seconds."
Danny wrote: Danny reaches for his rifle not pointing at anything, ” You come in here all friendly, no warning. We are in a middle of an operation in search of a bomber. We need your credentials. Who sent you?”
"Good question Dman, who did send you and how did you get through the security door? Johnny asks Ulithrax and Arvalis. "And I suggest you keep it friendly or else you'll have to deal with the D." Johnny nods towards Danny. "If you know what I mean."
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Danny wrote:Danny struggles to breath and grabs hold of Tim’s humming balls. ” Thanks uhh Bill? I have held balls like these before... Very calming... argghh...” Danny tries to stand, giving back the balls
"The name's Tim" Tim replies. "Tim Gates. And no problem. These baoding balls are tuned to the resonance of the web of magic, you'll notice that they ring out at 440 Hz and oscillate to 432 Hz at regular intervals. They help me focus my spell casting abilities and I find that they are great for calming the mind. A gift from Tobin himself."

"So who's this guy?" Tim says, motioning to Ulithrax.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sig

Post by Sig »

Sig looked up from Jeopardy as the warehouse doors opened and saw a big lizard man enter. “Well, he ain’t a grackle, but he’ll do.”

Then Danny was clutching his chest, staggering to his knees. Sig got up to help his fellow grackle and looked to Arvalis, the technified half-elf.

“Beauregard does have a fetish, brah. He likes pictures of naked grackle ladies. Can’t blame him. Those are some fine tails. But we’re a Community Outreach Team. A sign on the door ain’t a bad idea,” he noted.

Sig knocked Danny on the back. “Be careful with Tim’s balls there, brah. They’re fragile. Gotta cup ‘em gently like. You gonna be okay? Maybe we should try out that med center and look you over.”

Sig looked over that the being that had introduced himself as Ulithrax. “That’s a good question Johnny’s asking, brah,” the big grackle said. “The name’s Sig. We’re the 24th Community Outreach Team from Castle Refuge. How can we help you mates?”

He held out his hand to Ulithrax and Arvanis. The grackle was dressed in bright red knee-length shorts and a blinding tropical shirt. Who walked around in armor inside the safety of their own base? Though he had an ion pulse pistol shoved into the back of his pants, and there was a combat hammer and plasma ejector propped near where he’d been sitting. His armor was stacked in the corner. They really needed to get a proper armory.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Lance

Post by Lance »

The Dog-Boy in a knight's tabard and crusader armor comes out, looking around curiously. "Guests? I believe, friend Sig, that our specific orders would maketh a sign on the door less than practical--low-profile and all that. But the rules of hospitality must be honored, once a guest hath entered, yes? Please, gentlemen," he now directly addresses the lizard-man and his elvish cohort "Pray, sit, joineth us for a cup of coffee while you telleth us what brings you here."
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Arvalis smiles at Danny. "Yeah, just because he chooses not to speak American doesn't mean he's not getting his point across. We're not Fed. He's not the type and my old man and I don't get along. I'd die before going Fed."

He glances over to Johnny. "Real simple. Helga's a friend of ours. Ulithrax and I were looking into the bombings and I looked her up to see what she knew. She said the Tomorrow Legion had a group looking into it and thought we could work together. She gave us the code. I mean, I could've gotten in on my own. Your security's not exactly airtight. Linking the code entry to the over air network lets anyone surf in while you're glazing your keyboards. But I can fix that while I'm here."

Ulithrax looks over at Tim and smiles the first smile you've seen cross his face. You'd think a lizard man smiling at you would be unsettling, but, strangely, it's somewhat reassuring. He nods politely to the walker. Arvalis takes note. "Oh, looks like you might be like-minded people. Nice to know you, Tim. Ulithrax gives you his regards. That's high praise." He glances back to Danny. "I'm guessing Tim is your resident expert in things arcane? Well, if you're not afraid of this guy, you have no reason to be scared of Ulithrax. Take it easy, big guy. We're on your side and here to help."

Arvalis acknowledges Sig and extends a hand. "Go easy, Sig. Far as grackles go, you look tougher than most, and I need my hand intact." He grins at the huge grackle. "I'm Arvalis. This is Ulithrax. And that there is Gorignak. He's Ulithrax's butler. Nice to know you, pal."

Arvalis smiles a wide grin at Lance. "And I see you and I have some things in common too. I also have an appreciation for the old tongues. At your service, sir knight." Arvalis bows low. Ulithrax looks Lance over, then continues looking around the warehouse.

Arvalis smiles. "Like I said, we're here to help. I've arranged some construction work for the place, maybe tweak it up a bit. Better home base makes a better starting point, right? Don't worry. All the contractors are vetted and not being paid by the Legion. They think they're just working on some office space. Nothing leads back to you or tips anyone off as to why you're here."

Ulithrax gives Arvalis a look. He asks, in Elvish: "Can we begin, or do additional formalities stand in our way? I wish to make headway in bringing stability to the region, and being interrogated by armed creatures makes me uncomfortable. I trust you have smoothed our arrival over? You said Helga thought they would appreciate the help. The injured one clutching at his chest seems to dislike me, and grasps a formidable weapon. I do not seek this kind of conflict." Arvalis shakes his head, and replies, also in Elvish. "No, Ulithrax. He is concerned with our association, but I have reassured him. We should be fine now." Ulithrax nods in reply, then strolls into the warehouse to look for suitable, unoccupied quarters.
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim turns to face Ulithrax and raises his hand up in a friendly gesture.

"Hmm, more reptilians I see. Well most people call me Tim. And us humans don't greet each other by grabbing our "tails" and shaking them, despite what the grackles would tell you."

He look Ulithrax up and down.
Ulithrax wrote: He glances over to Johnny. "Real simple. Helga's a friend of ours. Ulithrax and I were looking into the bombings and I looked her up to see what she knew. She said the Tomorrow Legion had a group looking into it and thought we could work together. She gave us the code. I mean, I could've gotten in on my own. Your security's not exactly airtight. Linking the code entry to the over air network lets anyone surf in while you're glazing your keyboards. But I can fix that while I'm here."
"You were given a code to enter the warehouse you say? What exactly was that code if you don't mind me asking?"
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Arvalis holds up a keycard that looks like the ones each of the others were given. "This one." Ulithrax follows suit and holds up a keycard. Arvalis clarifies. "Gorignak didn't get one. But he goes wherever Ulithrax goes. Can't leave the butler outside, right?"
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Ulithrax wrote:Arvalis holds up a keycard that looks like the ones each of the others were given. "This one." Ulithrax follows suit and holds up a keycard. Arvalis clarifies. "Gorignak didn't get one. But he goes wherever Ulithrax goes. Can't leave the butler outside, right?"
"Oh, looks good to me." Tim says. He then turns to everyone else. "He's definitely not a double agent. And probably not the bomber."

Tim shrugs.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny is angry, ” Listen you don’t know me, so don’t crack wise about what did summoned things do to me or not. I fought in a long bloody war and saw the horrors wrought by folks that like to summon creatures. Fire, earth, water, wind, and even love. Folks trying to do the right thing for the right reason but ultimately lost their minds...” Danny breathes hard grabbing his chest and rifle, ” You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, but I am sure in time I’ll learn to love you.” Danny Turns to Tim, ”Bill, lets save the ball playing for another time. We need to get Helga on the line or check the e-mail thing.”

He nods to the elf and shifter plus 1. ” Now you’ll understand if we check on you won’t you? If it pans out feel free to make any modifications to the base you see fit and welcome to the team. However, if your story doesn’t pan out...”. Danny opens his jacket pocket, 6 wizard wands line it clinking together. ” Tolkien was a nasty place and I had to do the worst to folks I called my friends. You might be all peaceful, you might be all helpful. But lets hear it from the horses Mouth.”
Hello Helga
Danny Tries to contact our benafactor via standard communication or e-mail
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Arvalis blinks a couple times at Danny's response. "Hey. I'm not cracking anything except codes and cases. Ulithrax doesn't truck with demons and doesn't get fancy. I get you've got scars. We all do for different things." He speaks in as reassuring a tone as he can muster. "Go ahead. Check in with Helga. I thought she was supposed to get a hold of you before we showed up to let you know we were coming, but maybe she got sidetracked. Once she says we're ice, can we get to work?"
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Danny

Re: The Warehouse (IC posting thread

Post by Danny »

Ulithrax wrote:Arvalis blinks a couple times at Danny's response. "Hey. I'm not cracking anything except codes and cases. Ulithrax doesn't truck with demons and doesn't get fancy. I get you've got scars. We all do for different things." He speaks in as reassuring a tone as he can muster. "Go ahead. Check in with Helga. I thought she was supposed to get a hold of you before we showed up to let you know we were coming, but maybe she got sidetracked. Once she says we're ice, can we get to work?"
Danny’s wrist communicator blinks green once. He nods at stretches out a hand to the elf and the shifter plus 1, instead of vibro blade. ” Looks like you are on the level. Welcome. Danny is the name, and we could use some help in figuring out what do next in tracking down the bombs and bomber.”. Danny’s tail coil arrounds the 12ft rail gun while he twirls his flute abcently in his hand, ”Sorry about the hostilities... Guess I was hanginng on too tight to some left over lasana... So what is Ultrax’s deal anyways? I noticed he hardly says anything, and mostly just nods, yet you seem to know what he is thinking. Some kind of quantum bondin’ effect?”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Enchanting 20
Enchanting: [dice]2[/dice] Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
Rika spent some of the night after the explosion repairing the tattoo on her face. It burnt out some of the magical pigment, but is thankfully largely unharmed. She mixes some magically active tattoo pigment up and reapplies it in the propper pattern.

Rika hears a commotion in the common area, but she is too busy with her work to check it out. When she gets the enchantment to a stable condition she exits her makeshift lab/room.

She comes out in time to overhear Arvalis tell Ulitrhax, in elvish, that the matter has been smoothed over.

"What is this! Why is everyone making a commotion when I specifically asked for quiet while I work on delicate projects?" Rika berates the team as she barges into the common area.
Knowledge (Arcana) 5
K/Arcana: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
She stops short when she sees the lizard-man, his earth elemental and his servant.

In Elvish, she continues, "I have read about the might of the Lizard Mages. I appologize for any confusion - I assume the fact that you are still alive and unharmed means you are an ally."

Rika walks over to the note on her door and scribbles a few words in elvish underneath their english counterparts which read "Delicate Enchantment Work in Progress."

Then she turns back to Ulithrax and says, "When this sign is on my door, quiet is expected. I create and modify items to give them magical properties. The resulting item is powerful and stable, but the process is at times volatile."

Rika bows to Ulithrax and says, "My name is Tsuchiya Rika. We will talk at great length later about you trapping this elemental on this plane. For now, my work requires my attention. My allies can see to your needs. Any mission related information can be learned in the command center. Johnny can accommodate you and your servant."

Without further comment, Rika abruptly turns around and returns to her work.

With most of her pressing work finished, Rika decides to consider optimizing the base. Having her enchanting lab near the living quarters is unwise and potentially dangerous, so she asks Tim if she could use a small portion of the Arcana Lab for her purposes. It would be good to have an individual with knowledge of the arcane in close proximity anyhow.

"This base is not befitting representatives of the Tomorrow Legion and Castle Refuge. I will speak with Helga about upgrading our existing facilities. I have been authorized by the Tomorrow Legion to spend several hundred thousand credits to see that our base is adequately equipped," Rika tells anyone within earshot.
Upgrades: 2 points spent for Advanced HQ Condition
Assuming Tim is fine with it, Rika will convert a corner of the Arcana lab to be her Enchanting station.

I will put 2 of my points towards upgrading the HQ Conditions from Good to Advanced. Ulitrhax's 3 + Rika's 2 = 5 total for Advanced.
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Arvalis lets out a relieved sigh and extends a hand to Danny. "No, not at all. He chooses not to speak American. It's a dialect of dragonese. It's close enough to Elven that I figured it out enough to bridge the gap. He and I have talked a lot about why we're here, so most of what he might need to say, I already know. Anything else, he tells me."

When Rika storms out, Arvalis' eyes go wide. He stands there, a little dumbfounded. Ulithrax smiles slyly when she speaks in his tongue. "I am indeed an ally. I am also familiar with the process of enchantment, a craft I had mastered eons ago. I will not disturb your delicate work. The consequences of interference have a...dynamic result." At her comment about the trapped elemental, Ulithrax nods. "I look forward to that discussion. Gorignak does, as well, do you not?" The pile of earth nods what might pass for its head, then returns to his vigil over Ulithrax. Rika departs, and Ulithrax grins. Turning to Arvalis, he chuckles. "That one is talented, and full of fire. I like her." Arvalis only nods blankly.
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance gives a bark-y laugh of good cheer. "Well, then, well met, comrades! Glad to have you with us." After Rika storms in and out, he tilts his head. "We should, I thinketh, looketh to reinforcing the walls about her laboratory, if her work is that volatile."

And with that, he nods. "In any case, to work!"
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Sig

Post by Sig »

Sig looked to Lance and grinned. “If ya ain’t noticed, brah, subtle I ain’t. You ain’t, either,” he pointed out to the dog boy knight.

Sig shook Arvalis’ hand, careful of his strength. He nodded to the mud monster, too. “Ya know Helga. That’s enough fer me, brah. She’s a good sistah.”

Sig went over to the refrigerator and pulled out a six pack. “Pick yer rooms, take a load off, an’ have a beer, brahs. Jeopardy is on.” He tossed a beer to Ulithrax, Arvalis, and Gorignak before settling into his chair again.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc had received the call only an hour ago. Helga had been friendly but brief. She needed a doctor for the team she had assembled. Someone capable of covering all the bases.

Doc thought to himself. Medic <check>. Cybernetics <check>. Weird Scientist Healer <check>. Familiar with Kingsdale <check>. He should be a great fit for any group in Kingsdale.

Helga had informed him that there were anomalies within the group. She refused to say more than that. Paying his retainer fee she sent directions to the Warehouse/HQ.

"Doc, you are not in the sytem yet. So be careful around the team they are a bit jumpy."

Address in hand Doc had walked into the Warehouse District looking for the Headquarters for the team. By the time he arrived the team was gone and he had to ask Helga for details. His first hours with the team were doing his own leg work to find the team.
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Looking around the warehouse, Johnny notices Tim playing on his laptop. “Hey Tim" Johnny says as he casually approaches him. “Doing some more "research"? You might want to clear your search history when you're done.” Johnny laughs as he slaps Tim on the back. “I was looking around and thought this place could use a kick ass workshop. What do ya think? There's a perfect spot right there.” Johnny points to a spot in the warehouse. “And later I can teach you more about computers.” Walking with Tim to the spot he pointed to, Johnny goes on and on explaining his plans for the workshop.
OOC Comments
Spending 2 HQ points on a Workshop
Adventure Cards
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim quickly starts closing several tabs on this internet browser, and after several moments takes off his headphones and turns towards Johhny and wipes the sweat from his brow.

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Yeah, I think a workshop will be pretty useful, I have a feeling we will have plenty of machinery that will need tweaking. Also you might want to check out our computer system, I think someone must have breached our security and installed a bunch of adware and popup viruses.

Maybe you can show me a thing or two about using computers too, like how to increase your proficiency in searching for certain... topics."

OOC Comments
The only two skills I have above d8 right now (for the accelerated training house rule) are Knowledge: Arcana, and Spellcasting. I'd be willing to teach anyone who wants those.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sig

Post by Sig »

Kingsdale/Warehouse
Morning
Round 0

Sig headed with the others back to the warehouse, showered, and went to bed in his cubicle. He hoped his snoring didn’t keep everyone up, but he slept like the dead. In the morning, he sat at the table in the kitchen munching on a big bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch, toast with peanut butter and jelly, and an entire rasher of bacon as he stared at Danny’s whiteboard.

“Shouldn’t be too hard to track down someone dealing in PETN and ask some questions,” Sig mused. “Maybe we split up this morning and track down some of these leads.”
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Sig wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:57 am Kingsdale/Warehouse
Morning
Round 0

Sig headed with the others back to the warehouse, showered, and went to bed in his cubicle. He hoped his snoring didn’t keep everyone up, but he slept like the dead. In the morning, he sat at the table in the kitchen munching on a big bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch, toast with peanut butter and jelly, and an entire rasher of bacon as he stared at Danny’s whiteboard.

“Shouldn’t be too hard to track down someone dealing in PETN and ask some questions,” Sig mused. “Maybe we split up this morning and track down some of these leads.”
"I was gonna suggest the same thing." Johnny says grabbing a Pop Tart from the cupboard. "We should split up to investigate more leads." Walking up to the white board, Johnny studies it for a sec. "We still have to track down that message from The Friends of the Skull, Tim and I can do that." Johnny says as he adds it to the white board. "Maybe Rika and Danny can go talk to that bomb dude, he might know something about the PETN. Ulithrax seemed to know alot about those black candles, he might want to check out the Grey Serpent."

"Just some ideas I had" Johnny shrugs as he sits down at the kitchen table to finish his Pop Tart.
Adventure Cards
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance was up early, of course--a knight must always rise before the dawn, so as to properly tend to his mount before daybreak. (He was far too chivalrous to point out that having snoring, somewhat odiforous Grackles and lizard-folk as his housemates made this a bit easier.) As he hears the pair in the kitchen, he gives Steed a few final brush-strokes, then sets the oats bag, before joining them, catching the end of the conversation.

"All sound suggestions, tho' I admiteth that none are really my field of expertise. Given that, I suspect it might continue to be for the best if I accompanyeth good Ulithrax--while his arcane might is no doubt unimpeachable, one would expect a magic supply shop to be prepared for unfortunate encounters with wizards; they might be less expecting of my lance."
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Ulithrax listens to Arvalis relay the group thoughts. He nods as Lance offers to travel with them. Arvalis speaks up. "Yeah, that makes sense. We can work that shop over a little bit. See how the hoodoo ties into all of this."
The buzzer rings at the front door of the warehouse. Arvalis instinctively reaches for his sidearm. Ulithrax places a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. "I am expecting them. Do not fret." Ulithrax rises and opens the door. A diminutive goblin courier hands the lizard a box, bows, and scampers off. He returns to the communal area, box in hand. He opens the lid, reaches in, and pulls out a talisman. A smile crosses his face as he hangs the medallion around his neck. He discards the box, then moves back to the table where his breakfast is waiting. "There. I had been expecting that for some time. Back where it belongs." Arvalis shrugs. Gorignak just stands behind Ulithrax.
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc is impressed with the way the group operates. Helga knows how to pick them.

"I will stay here and man comms. You need me to follow up on your leads afterwards, that will be fine."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Anyone who is investigating the candles, hop on over to the Gray Serpent thread. Johnny Jones was able to track the signal to the Panther Modern internet cafe, so anyone who is going with him goes to that thread. Those who are investigating the PETN, there's a thread for that too.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Repair 14
Repair [dice:2rksuykh]42655:0[/dice:2rksuykh]
Wild [dice:2rksuykh]42655:1[/dice:2rksuykh]
After finishing his breakfast, Johnny finds Tim and tells him, “Let me know when you want to go to that internet cafe, in the meantime I'm gonna be working on that cleaning droid.” Johnny then goes to his bunk and grabs his backpack. “I’ll be in the workshop if anybody needs me.” Johnny shouts as he walks to the workshop and takes out the broken droid. This is gonna be fun, Johnny thinks to himself as he rubs his hands together. Johnny fires up his telemechanics and starts in on the droid. First he removes the camera and sets it aside to work on later. Then he works on reverse engineering the droid to see what's wrong and how to fix it.
Adventure Cards
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

"They have respectable public internet/gaming facilities here? Very interesting. Such places were common in Hiroshima," Rika tell's Johnny when he mentions meeting him there.

Rika checks her primary cred stick. 'Around 11000. Sufficient, but not enough if the team gets in trouble...'

Rika nods once and looks at Johnny, "Meet me at the Panther at 1300 sharp. We will investigate discreetly yet thoroughly."
OOC Comments
It might be interesting if Johnny shows up early, but feel free to be on time or late
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

BACKGROUND INTERLUDE: JOINING THE TOMORROW LEGION
Tim was on the run from the Coalition after killing an officer to save his own life, so he made any shady bar or dark alley his home. His luck started to change when he crossed paths with Johnny Jones, who helped Tim hack a cred stick that he "found" and increased its balance. However, Johnny's bosses infamous reputation caught up with him when the Coalition came looking for him and his shop was "liquidated" in a massive grenade stockpile explosion. Now they were both on the run.

After a few years of scrounging, squatting, and drifting across the land, they came to a small town. The towns entire corrupt police force had been massacred by a group of powerful and mysterious travelers. One in particular was extremely intelligent. But Tim and Johnny stuck around and used their abilities to help the citizens get back on their feet. This got the attention of a liaison to the Tomorrow Legion, who suggested they use their talents to further help people, and introduced them to a recruiter. It would lead to a better life than what they were living, and Tim was willing to give it a go, so he joined. And it was just in time too, as that entire town they moved on from was completely razed to the ground by the coalition only a few weeks later.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

K/Arcana 13, 8
Base Item: Silver Ring (500 + [500 x {1/3}] + 5000= 5667 Credits )

Build Roll
K/Arcana: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:0[/dice:3jd3u0qh] (+2 Scholar)
Wild: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:1[/dice:3jd3u0qh] Ace:[dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:3[/dice:3jd3u0qh]
+1 Free Minor Modification: +1 to Enchanting

Time: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:2[/dice:3jd3u0qh] hours = 2 Days, 3 hours

Base Item: Enchanted Silver Ring (1/2 Minors, 0/4 Majors; 5000 Credits (10667 Total))

Minor Modiication Build Roll
K/Arcana: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:4[/dice:3jd3u0qh]
Wild: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:5[/dice:3jd3u0qh]
Minor Modification: +1 to Enchanting

Time: [dice:3jd3u0qh]43926:6[/dice:3jd3u0qh] Hours + 51 Hours = 2 Days, 15 Hours total
The night before going to the Panther internet cafe, Rika spends some time in the arcane lab. She opens up a small box which arrived earlier that day. It contains a simple ring made of high quality silver and small block of steel.

Using the lead plate from before, rika uses her tools to grind the lightly etched runes off all sides and begins etching new arcane formulae into it. Once she is satisfied with her work, she picks up the ring, a jewelers eye piece, and small etching tools and begins etching runes deep into the metal.

Interlude: Joining the Legion Joining the legion was both a difficult and an easy decision for Rika. With only a few members of her team remaining alive, if any, and split up, she had no real way to continue her mission. Tracking down, cataloging, and potentially returning Kami to their rightful planes of existence is dangerous work requiring backup.

The monks and the grackletooth at the monastery told her of a place called Castle Refuge. She had no intentions of goin there herself, but circumstances found her in a foreign land with no allies. So, go she did.

She was welcomed there. The leaders of the Tomorrow Legion were as interested in her intel as she was in theirs. She only gave them the barest details, though. She agreed to join one of their teams in exchange for information and the opportunity to catalog north American Kami. Once she agreed, she told them about Japan and the Monastery which was her point of entry and egress.

She was assigned to the 24th COT which was to travel far to the north for their mission, givnig her plenty of opportunities to discover new Kami.
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny takes one more look at the lengthy centerfold pic and tosses the rag into a nearby trash can. For good measure he tosses a match in and lights the paper on fire. He looks at it burning reminded of old times filled with fire, filled with horror, filled with screams of dead men and woman long since buried in graves unmarked. His voice is somber as he watches the trash can fire destroy something from his past. ” Before the legion all I remember is war. The Tolkien War for me seemly was never ending. You could fill dumpsters with the CS soldiers missing their heads... It was all bad, I thought I was fighting for something, and eventually I ended up fighting those that I called friends. Something changed to those wizards and shifters. They made a bargain with something dark and unnatural, something they could not control.” Danny glances at Ulithrax, ” I am sorry when we first met how I reacted. It’s not fair to judge you and it’s not like you are wearing a sign around your neck that says shifter or walker, or even wizard... But you looked familiar ya know, the way you walk, talk and company you keep was too familiar. It reminded me suddenly of burying friends, turning on allies mad with power. Fighting those closest to me because they did not know better. Reminded me of a past gone horribly wrong. Anyways Sorry Ulithrax. Hope there are no hard feelings.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Ulithrax

Post by Ulithrax »

Ulithrax nods at Danny. "Consorting with demons is a certain precursor to losing one's soul. No matter the appearance of my associates, I do not entreat with those whose ultimate goal is the corruption of my purposes. What would be the point?"
He places a hand on the earth elemental. "Gorignak is a friend of mine. As is Arvalis. The company I keep is no different than the company you keep, save for appearances, no?"
Ulithrax
Ulithrax
Current Status Post
Adventure Card:
Edit Sig
Arvalis
Arvalis
Current Status Post
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ulithrax wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm Ulithrax nods at Danny. "Consorting with demons is a certain precursor to losing one's soul. No matter the appearance of my associates, I do not entreat with those whose ultimate goal is the corruption of my purposes. What would be the point?"
He places a hand on the earth elemental. "Gorignak is a friend of mine. As is Arvalis. The company I keep is no different than the company you keep, save for appearances, no?"
Danny nods at Ulithrax clearly understanding his speech due to his enchanted flute. He smiles wide and jovially responds trying to forget the horrors of war, ” Right on there Ulithrax. I think for those shifters involved in the war they had no other choice. It was like they were going to die or make a deal with a deevil.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika follows the others to get oufitted by the tailors at Sanforn and Sons. Although she has formal wear, it is not conducive to combat - and she's not fond of dresses in the first place. Most importantly, she goes to keep the others in line.

"We will not cause this man problems. We are here as guests of Helga's. Be respectful," she demands before entering.

Rika is offered a oriental style red dress with a scandalously long slit along the side. She stares at the man for several moments, before simply saying, "No."

Rika walks about and checks out tuxedos before spying one she likes, and says, "This white tuxedo with the black shirt and purple tie and pocket square combination, please."
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Lance

Post by Lance »

The tailor is mostly bemused by the Dog-Knight. Fortunately, Kingsdale's somewhat eclectic population, even among high society types, makes it easy for him to incorporate Lance's Tabard into a suitable outfit--flashy, perhaps, but still formal and suitable for mingling with the upper echelon (at least, as suitable as someone who finds it easier to lap his beverages can be). A silk covering added to the tip of the drill-lance makes it less like a piece of construction hardware, and more like an accent mark on the whole thing. Of course, if he triggers the lance without taking the time to properly unwrap the covering, then it will be shredded beyond repair; the tailor stresses that this would be a major faux pas.

The tailor also takes it as a special challenge to provide suitable caparison for Steed, as well as plaiting the cybernetic horse's mane, giving the amazingly tolerant animal the appearance of a top dressage mount. Lance declares himself well-pleased with the results.
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

"That will definitely draw attention, Lance," Rika comments.

She tilts her head to the side a little bit and squints her eyes and says, "But I think that might not be a bad thing. If the one member is getting all of the attention, that frees up another member to move freely. It will do."

Rika checks herself out in the mirror and is rather pleased. It's a well fitting suit, and although she likes the coloring of white over black and purple., she chose it for the inside pocket. It should be situated just right to hold her cherrywood wand without being obvious.

She spies an atrocious cane in the corner of the room and retrieves it for Lance and asks, "What do you think? If we find you a top hat and a monocle too, everyone would have to stop and stare."
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance is about to offer his response when the tailor comes running over, shaking his head. "No, no! No top hat, not with the knight's tabard. The monocle, perhaps, although it might be a bit off-period. But for his head..." The far-too-serious-for-this-situation man starts rummaging around in a chest. "Ah, here we go!" He produces a stiff, wide-brimmed hat with one side of the brim folded up against the body of the hat. "Here! This is what you wear with a tabard!"

Lance takes one look in the mirror and gives a "Rowlf" of obvious approval. "Ah, most excellent tailor, you have indeed found precisely that which I needeth for this engagement. Thank you, sirrah!" He finishes with a downright florid bow and doffing of the hat.

So pretty much this, on a Dogboy
royal-musketeer-tabard-13.gif.jpg
royal-musketeer-tabard-13.gif.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 28610 times
Just replace the rapier with a covered drill-bit....
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika actually stiffles a giggle when Lance's ensemble is complete.

She says, "You will most definitely turn heads, sir Lance. Which, as I said previously, I do not think is a bad thing. The easier the team can move the safer everyone will be. Just, uh, make sure to return it after the meeting..."
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

"That Musketeer-ish look. Very nice Lance."

Doc's voice comes from amongst a rack of suit coats.

"Although you may need to introduce yourself as 'Rapier' instead of 'Lance'"

Doc steps from amongst the racks of suits, flips back the edges of his duster, which very neatly sticks behind the holsters of his two sidearms.

Apparently the action caught the tailor off guard and caused him to panic and back up against the mirror.

"Come now Sanders. I am just demonstrating the quality of your work." Doc pulls the edges of his duster out and over his holstered side arms. "Anything you craft for these fine folks will be equally as noteworthy. I am certain."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny looks arround at the clothier unsure if he would accompany the group inside or follow his hunch and keep an eye on things below and above. Despite the grackletooth’s pretenses it is clear he knows his way arround the shop, or at least shops like this. Danny picks out some more than appropriate atire, it was perfect. He looks at the clerk and down at his parcel of clothes. After a moment he sets them aside and looks to what the others are picking out,”That part of my life is over, but Lance those duds look fine. Everyone looks nice... But I’ll be outside watching your backs if you don’t mind. These clothes take me back a bit, and it is not something I wish to revisit.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

"Would have to say that your hide and scales are enough of a suit. You and Sig are both well equipped for any party."

Surveying those who are getting ready for the inside party, Doc can't help but nod at Danny's suggestion for someone or someones to be outside the Club.

"Danny, if you are considering backup ..." Docpauses for a bit, "You might consider contacting Frank and his brethren."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Doc Olliday wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:52 pm "Would have to say that your hide and scales are enough of a suit. You and Sig are both well equipped for any party."

Surveying those who are getting ready for the inside party, Doc can't help but nod at Danny's suggestion for someone or someones to be outside the Club.

"Danny, if you are considering backup ..." Docpauses for a bit, "You might consider contacting Frank and his brethren."
Those rats know the sewers better than most. Danny nods appreciating the suggestion. ” Pretty good idea Doc. Got their number?” Danny grins at Doc while re-hanging the clothes he had picked out. Daniel T. Striker will have to appear another day.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc sits himself at the large mainframe and types up a comm number via radio transmit.

"Frank. Doc Olliday. I believe we have an opportunity for you and your pack to avenge your fallen brothers. You interested?"

Once Frank answers he hands comms over to Danny to finish making arrangements and details.
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

<<Prior to leaving for Largo.>>

Doc is back at the Warehouse following up on some to-do items when Bernice chimes in about the Grackle-sized Boutique.

"You know Bernice, we can build that right here next to the Armory and Vault."

Framing the room with his fingers, "Only trouble is we don't have a seamstress on the payroll."

Bernice chimes in, "I am sure Mister @Danny is disappointed."

"No idea really on his thoughts about the Boutique. It should serve his and Sig's needs quite well though."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Mere days following their return to Kingsdale, @Danny and @Sig find themselves inside the Boutigue. Passing by a particularly blank wall, they activate a sensor and the wall panel becomes a vid screen. Almost as if they had placed a call, Doc's face shows up in the screen.

"You know gentlemen we have some unfinished business."

When the two Grackles look at each other and then back to Doc, they quizically ask in looks only, "Really?"

"I can not really conclude my services with you, unless you each state that you are satisfied with your care."

Again the quizical looks between the two Grackles.

"While you two think on that, let me tell you that a few things have changed."

"Wince's mom, my sister, is none to thrilled with the current mission of the group and has forbade me to even let him go."

"So I have hooked up Wince with my business partner Rodger and the two of them will be working on fabricating cybernetics and looking after my consierge business here in Kingsdale."

A few minutes pause, and Doc asks, "So are you Satisified with Your Care?"
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny grinned at @Doc Olliday. Thats why I like you doc. In for a penny, in for a pound. Looks like you are looking for a reason to stay. Danny rubbed his snout slightly, ” I’ve been feelin a bit of sinus pressure. My stomach has been all rumbly since the necromancer.” Danny chuckled, ” Plainly Doc, I am not satisfied and we need to extend your services.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Sig

Post by Sig »

Kingsdale/Warehouse
Morning
Round 0

Sig was surprised when the vid-wall activated as he and Danny passed and Doc Holiday appeared. They hadn’t seen the doc for the last couple days. Sig listened to the little speech and grinned, lounging against the opposite wall in his board shorts and loud tropical shirt.

“Well, now, Doc. Seems I’ve been having this twinge in my backside lately that could do with some looking at,” he said with amusement. “I’d love if you could stick around and have a peek.”

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:9 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (8)/Ranged: 24 (10)
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
Assassin: +2 to damage foes when Vulnerable or assassin has The Drop.
Block/Improved: +2 Parry, ignore 2 points of Gang Up bonuses.
Brawny: Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Brave: +2 vs. Fear, -2 to rolls on Fear table
Dodge: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised.
Combat Reflexes: +2 Spirit to recover from being Shaken or Stunned.
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Iron Jaw: +2 to Soak and Vigor rolls to avoid Knockout Blows.
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action. Ignore 2 points of MAP
Thunderer: 8/8 x 2 reloads (8)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 20/20 x 2 reloads (20)
Rockets Launcher: 4 mini-missiles
Rations: 7
Bennies: 5/4
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc laughed at the two crackles. "Figured it wasn't going to be that easy."

"Just no molting on the trail."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Doc Olliday wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 pm Doc laughed at the two crackles. "Figured it wasn't going to be that easy."

"Just no molting on the trail."
Danny looked at Sig and Doc. They had been through a bunch together, plus with Lance they would have a foursome that could do some good in the world. It was a shame some of the others had dropped out, but they had managed to save the world just the same. He patted his biceps as he was reminded the last time he felt this good. Maybe there is a way to set right accidentally killing that kid Derrick...

He happily growled, ”Ok well lets meet up at Castle Refuge after we lock up the warehouse. Just pray we don’t get saddled up with an ATT expedition with a necromancer, mystic know it all, and Automaton controller. That would be enough to give all three of my hearts an attack.” He chuckled laughing inwardly, ”I suppose it could be worse... One of those True Atlantean undead slayers that keeps going on and on about vampires. No one really knows how their damn tattoos work... Heheh.”

Danny whistled smoothly and took one last look at Kingsdale. Smell you later.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”