View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mission 4: Rocky Road 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Awkward Silence
The circumstances of Lial’s departure cause a quiet to fall over the group as the travel the wide open plains. Days blend together as the wide flat scene stretches on and on. Human settlement is almost non-existent other than a few chance encounters with Native American hunters or ranchers. Finally, the group passes through a small watering hole type town with no name and makes a few trades for food and meet up with a legion operative name Saul who is there to replace Gale, as the legion needs the mind melter to fly some messages around the west. There’s no room in the inn, in fact there is no inn, so Walcott orders camp set-up a few miles outside of the town. Normal watches are set-up, split between the 1st SET and Walcott’s people.

As the convoy prepares to move on the next morning, Walcott begins cursing loudly at one of her people.

“You damn drunk! That cargo is key to our negotiations in Silverno. Without it we’re all the way out here for no damn reason.” She continues on her tirade for quite some time, drawing in most of the members of the convoy to watch the fireworks. Finally she settles down and looks to Fell and the first.

“This idiot fell asleep on his watch. Someone snuck into our cargo hauler and made off with our primary cargo for Silverno. We need to get that back or this mission will be aborted. Tell me you can find out where my cargo is!”

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul rolls over in his sleeping bag, and nearly rolls right into Cory. He scrambles back and awake mumbling, " Sorry mum.". He brushes himself off throwing on his armor, and jacket over that. Finishing his look he puts on his top hat, and hooks his cane over his arm. He fiddles with his gauntlet making sure his silver cross is secure. He shakes his head squinting at the early morning sun light. He pulls out an empty bottle frowning. So much for breakfast.. He looks around the camp for a moment getting his bearing. He mutters, " Ok found the first Set? Yeah Aging juicer over there. Tin man too. Troubled teenager who will appriciate me waking next to her, yup. Snoring Dragon... Resident burner, check. Where is the quick flex?". Saul lifts the brim of his top hat just so spying the infamous Q mobile. There we go, Q mobile check... Did I even introduce myself? Lets see I was playing a drinking game with one of Wallcots men...

The berating and shouting from Wallcott snapped Saul out of his contemplative thought. He stumbles over, nearly tripping over a tree root. He places a friendly hand on Wallcotts shoulder, " My sincerest appologies Wally, that was my fault. We had one too many nips at the bottle. An inebriating toast to the most famous mind melter I have ever had the pleasure meeting and saying goodbye too." He walks over to the cargo hauler taking a look at what was missing. " Well that is that, definately gone like you say." Saul pulls out a map, ". I am no expert tracker, but I do have a map. Lets see, if my cyberknight friend Sparty made any mention of good hidey holes out in these parts."

Survival 1d4 = 1 (1) Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)

Saul nods after a moment of scouring the map. " Yes looks like a few places we could check out, that one could hole up, but I suspect the goods are nearby.". Saul gives a side long look at the gaurd that passout out drunk and a suspicious look at Wallcott. Then approaches the members of the first, and in strict confidences shares his suspicions. " I realize we just met, and I cannot remember what if anything I told you last night. A new start seems in order. I am Saul Goodwright, my specialities are against the supernatural and the arcane. I am what you call a sea inquisitor, very similar from what I can tell to the great cyber knights. While there are several good hiding spots in the area, my gut saying the goods stolen are right close to camp. How well do you know this Wallcott or the gaurds she has hired on?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
While on the road, Qoat goes to bed early and gets up early, sleepy driving never a good idea even in the best of times, let alone out in the wildnerness. In the morning, he's already checked over the Q-Mobile and is leaning up against one of the big wheels sipping a cup of something steaming when he hears the yelling.

Quartermasters always have something stuck up their bums, what is it this time? Qoat thinks as he first blows across the lip of the mug and then drinks another long sip.
Walcott wrote:
As the convoy prepares to move on the next morning, Walcott begins cursing loudly at one of her people.

“You damn drunk! That cargo is key to our negotiations in Silverno. Without it we’re all the way out here for no damn reason.” She continues on her tirade for quite some time, drawing in most of the members of the convoy to watch the fireworks. Finally she settles down and looks to Fell and the first.

“This idiot fell asleep on his watch. Someone snuck into our cargo hauler and made off with our primary cargo for Silverno. We need to get that back or this mission will be aborted. Tell me you can find out where my cargo is!”


He walks over to see Walcott standing next to someone with a map, he looks over the man's arm and then tilt's his noseless face up at Walcott, while gesturing with his mug, "So, Chief, what's the cargo exactly? Is it big? Whoever took it needed a few men or a vehicle. Or small? Someone could put it in a pocket or a pack."

Saul wrote:
Saul nods after a moment of scouring the map. " Yes looks like a few places we could check out, that one could hole up, but I suspect the goods are nearby.". Saul gives a side long look at the gaurd that passout out drunk and a suspicious look at Wallcott. Then approaches the members of the first, and in strict confidences shares his suspicions. " I realize we just met, and I cannot remember what if anything I told you last night. A new start seems in order. I am Saul Goodwright, my specialities are against the supernatural and the arcane. I am what you call a sea inquisitor, very similar from what I can tell to the great cyber knights. While there are several good hiding spots in the area, my gut saying the goods stolen are right close to camp. How well do you know this Wallcott or the gaurds she has hired on?"


He turns to the man with the map, rueful grin on his face, "Good morning, I think I heard say last night that a man with a fancy hat would be joining the first, you seem to fit the bill. I am Qoat, mechanic and driver for the team." He holds out his hand to shake. He looks around at the distinct lack of sea, "You seem to be pretty far a field for someone who questions the ocean. Is it talkative? The sea I mean." He turns back to the map, "So you think they would head out into the wilderness rather than bring it into the city? Well might as well take a look for clues."

He unhooks his helmet from his utlity belt and puts it on. Walking over to the quote, scene of the crime, unquote, he uses the optics to take a close look at the area for foot prints, or other marks that may be present. He looks around to see if there's any vehicles with sensor pods or cameras that might have observed the area. If so, he goes and checks them out.

Info from VV from the Google Hangout
What was stolen was medical supplies. A few cases of drugs and IRMSS units...nothing a few people couldn't walk off with selling something like that is easy, everyone needs medical supplies. Getting good value needs maybe a merc company or a big city. The sensor logs don't show anything unusual.

The town is a watering hole, which implies it serves someone. From your own map you know you are in 1st Apocalyptic Calvary territory and Simvan territory both would be likely suspects or buyers

Mission Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZY4gq28UwYUhNCa-gXSZuD5k52o&usp=sharing

After looking around, he walks back to the team. "Nothing conclusive that I can see. But medical supplies are always in short supply out here. Might be worth going into town to find out if there's anyone recently sick or injured. There might have been a real need, and whoever took it thought that we'd say 'no' if they had just asked. Or there might be a bunch of bandits in the area, probably in a few of those spots Saul's idenitifed. The locals might our best bet to get a solid lead."

Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total: 3

Knowledge: Electronics: 1d6 = 5 (5) Read sensor logs
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 5

Common Knowledge: 1d10-3 = 1 (4) Some insight on the town and it's people
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total: 4

Streetwise: 1d6 = 5 (5) Where to go to possibly sell what was stolen
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Total: 5

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Qoat wrote:

He turns to the man with the map, rueful grin on his face, "Good morning, I think I heard say last night that a man with a fancy hat would be joining the first, you seem to fit the bill. I am Qoat, mechanic and driver for the team." He holds out his hand to shake. He looks around at the distinct lack of sea, "You seem to be pretty far a field for someone who questions the ocean. Is it talkative? The sea I mean." He turns back to the map, "So you think they would head out into the wilderness rather than bring it into the city? Well might as well take a look for clues."

He unhooks his helmet from his utlity belt and puts it on. Walking over to the quote, scene of the crime, unquote, he uses the optics to take a close look at the area for foot prints, or other marks that may be present. He looks around to see if there's any vehicles with sensor pods or cameras that might have observed the area. If so, he goes and checks them out.


Saul tips his hat, the top of it has a slight metal sheen from where the translator's microphone is located. He gladly shakes Qoat's hand returning the smile. " The pleasure is mine." He sighs slightly, " I suppose the name is a bit of a misnomere, but that was what the cyberknights called me. The sea does often talk to me, even out here if I quiet my mind or am in a state of heightened anxiety I can hear the calling of the Deep Lord..." Saul's voice takes on a grim tone briefly as he looks out east, " Not a pleasant voice by any stretch of the imagination and tempting as any Siren's sultry whisper." Saul looks back at Qoat smiling and hooks his cane around his arm. With the other he gestures out into the wilderness, " Well if a city is where we must go, I will gladly help you pry information from the loose lips that would do so well to call it home." Saul casts one more look at the guard and Walcott and then lowers his voice, " I did not realize initially that it was medical supplies stolen. In truth, it would not surprise me if one of those two knew someone in the area that was either sick, or looking to make a quick cred... You all seem to have traveled with them for some bit of time. Again I ask how well do you know Walcott and her team? Why stop here of all places?"

Persuasion to loosen the lips of any city folk Qoat may find that knows something about the case of the missing medical merchandise, Total 16
Persuasion 1d10 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6 = 1 (1) Benny to Reroll Persuasion 1d10 = 4 (4) Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for being a Sea-Inquisitor

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy is awaken when he hears the convoy lead.
Quote:
“You damn drunk! That cargo is key to our negotiations in Silverno. Without it we’re all the way out here for no damn reason.”
Timothy gets up gets up and starts to approach Walcott.
Quote:
“This idiot fell asleep on his watch. Someone snuck into our cargo hauler and made off with our primary cargo for Silverno. We need to get that back or this mission will be aborted. Tell me you can find out where my cargo is!”


"Mrs. Walcott, Please calm down. The 1st is going to do everything we can to retrieve the supplies." Timothy is going to gather the team. "Okay team. It's time to pay the rent. They can't be to far. Merl take Cory into the Air, fly north. I'll fly south. Q you and Fell investigate the camp, Sinder and Saul, go to town. By the way team. This is Saul, he's our teams region expert. Welcome to the team Saul. Now get to work everyone. If you see anything, don't be afraid to radio for backup."

Unless anyone has any further questions, Timothy will fly south looking for tracks. I hope the investigation teams can actually find some clues, right now, Merl and I are just spinning our wheels.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul nods when Timothy makes an introduction. So this is the Tin man everyone back at the Castle was talking about... Some say, and mostly the ladies he took on a demon tentacle army almost single handedly, and in the rain to boot. Just before the team "breaks" their huddle. Saul pipes up very pleasant, and with no shortage of friendly gusto, " Well, I am not sure about regional expert, Spartacus now he knew these parts like the... Back of his paw I suppose. ". Saul shows the map gifted form his CK ally, " If you look here and here, if someone was trying to lay low after a heist these would be the most likely spots. Death Gallows Hollow to the north, and The Spine of Serpents to the south." Saul rolls up the map, and whispers to Qoat, " If you are staying here, watch out for Wallcott, I cannot put my finger on it, but if I were to hazard a guess the 1st leaving her alone with her gaurds is playing right into her hand." Saul stumbles over to Sinder.
Saul clasps a hand on Sinder's shoulder, " Well chap, they say at the Castle you are a regular burner. I hope you have the tools to find the criminal or those in dire need of medicine too. I might be well versed in subtle manipulations of obtaining information via a pleasent conversation, but I am afraid finding those to talk too is something I never did pick up." Saul pulls out a handkerchief and wipes his brow waiting for Sinder.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy looks at the points that Saul shows on the map. "Thanks for the tips. Those are good starting spots. Merl and Cory, start with the Death Gallows. I'll take the spine of the serpents in the south. If you see anything, don't be the hero. Call for backup."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Saul wrote:
Saul rolls up the map, and whispers to Qoat, " If you are staying here, watch out for Walcott, I cannot put my finger on it, but if I were to hazard a guess the 1st leaving her alone with her guards is playing right into her hand."


Qoat turns and looks at the man in his top hat somehow giving the cyclopian look of his Triax armor a look of 'Say What?' Qoat says back in what he hopes is a real whisper and not a stage whisper, "She's a well respected member of the Legion, it seems odd that she'd suddenly go rogue now when she could have easily sabotaged things back earlier in this trip. But okay, I'll not rule her out as a suspect."

Qoat watches the XO start giving orders including to their chemically enhanced leader. Fell was talking about some notebook was he hinting he won't be around for much longer? Going to have to keep my eyes on him to then.

He walks over to Fell and says, "Well, how do you want to do this? I say we just tell everyone we are ruling people out as suspects and ask to look through their stuff. This new guy thinks Walcott is some how connected with this, I suggest we check her vehicle and tent last."

As they make their rounds, he tells each person, "You may have heard Walcott on a rampage this morning."

"We," Qoat points to Fell and himself, "have been tasked to make sure that it's been actually stolen and not just misplaced. So we are going to go through your packs and vehicles to prove your innocence. Your cooperation is appreciated."

(rolls carried)

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Result: 4

OOC Comments
Tracking (Jack of All Trades) to look for signs of anyone who has recently left the Caravan.
Tracking: 1d4 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Result: 4 - Success?!?


Assuming Cory does not disagree with Timothy, Merlaggon will take to the skies (with Cory if she would like), heading to the North towards Death Gallows Hollow. He will be looking for anyone who could have left the caravan.

"Timothy is getting even MORE bossy, Cory. I still think you should be the leader of the SET."

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder wakes up and heads to the campfire to get some food. He is still not too sure what to make of Lail leaving, a blessing in disguise or boy is someone going to pay for this. It could go either way He wishes that there was something that the group could have done to take care of the problems she had.

He thinks Gale leaving isn’t too good either but Saul seems to be a good post for this outfit.
When he sits down and takes a sip of coffee he hears Walcott cursing loud, he wonders what is going on, so he listens carefully .
Quote:
Walcott begins cursing loudly at one of her people.

“You damn drunk! That cargo is key to our negotiations in Silverno. Without it we’re all the way out here for no damn reason.” She continues on her tirade for quite some time, drawing in most of the members of the convoy to watch the fireworks. Finally, she settles down and looks to Fell and the first.

“This idiot fell asleep on his watch. Someone snuck into our cargo hauler and made off with our primary cargo for Silverno. We need to get that back or this mission will be aborted. Tell me you can find out where my cargo is!”


“Here we go, there goes a nice quiet breakfast. Now we have to go find it for them? Really?”


“Saul is speaking up might be good to get some information.“

Quote:
"I told you last night. A new start seems in order. I am Saul Goodwright, my specialities are against the supernatural and the arcane. I am what you call a sea inquisitor, very similar from what I can tell to the great cyber knights. While there are several good hiding spots in the area, my gut saying the goods stolen are right close to camp. How well do you know this Wallcott or the gaurds she has hired on?"


Sinder just acts like he has heard all of this before. And the reason he did listen to this last night. "Still can’t understand what an Sea Inquisitor, is doing so far from the Sea!"

After Qoat looks and finds nothing he wonders if, “Is it a ghost? Med supplies? Was there anything else that they might make more money on?”
Quote:
"Mrs. Walcott, Please calm down. The 1st is going to do everything we can to retrieve the supplies." Timothy is going to gather the team. "Okay team. It's time to pay the rent. They can't be to far. Merl take Cory into the Air, fly north. I'll fly south. Q you and Fell investigate the camp, Sinder and Saul, go to town. By the way team. This is Saul, he's our teams region expert. Welcome to the team Saul. Now get to work everyone. If you see anything, don't be afraid to radio for backup."


“Yay Tim is on the scene.”
Quote:
Saul clasps a hand on Sinder's shoulder, " Well chap, they say at the Castle you are a regular burner. I hope you have the tools to find the criminal or those in dire need of medicine too. I might be well versed in subtle manipulations of obtaining information via a pleasant conversation, but I am afraid finding those to talk too is something I never did pick up." Saul pulls out a handkerchief and wipes his brow waiting for Sinder.


“OH, Yea! Saul, name is Sinder.” Sinder presents his had to Saul to shake. “Let’s head to town. You got some Idea who to ask and Where we should go? Maybe the Dr. Office, sheriff or always bar? He did seem drunk right? ”

To Walcott, “Hey, did you find a bottle on him or did he just smell drunk.? If there is something there and it came from the bar maybe he knows who he sold it to and who was with him.”
OOC Comments
Investigation 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Last edited by Sinder on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul smiles at Sinder full with a grin of mirth and kindness, "Sinder... A name well and apropos for a Burner if their ever was one. Qaot seemed do have some thoughts as to who we could talk to, and where the criminal element might lurk in such a town... But we will have to do our best I suppose...

Streetwise with benny total 6
Streetwise 1d4-2 = -1 (1) Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4) extra effort 1d6 = 4 (4)+2 if revered protector counts.


Saul rubs his nose thinking for a moment, he squints looking at the direction of town, " Well I think you might be right, the watering hole, Always, might be a good start. I think Boon is the propitier." Saul chuckles slightly, " I might have spent some of last night there myself. Well I suppose we should head out" He pulls out an empty bottle from his pocket setting it on the ground, and shrugs sort of smiling at Sinder. Then he stumbles off in the direction the town.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Burn Away and Fear Nothing! We are Gods! - written on a body chop shop

Crack! Ugh … my … elbow … whaaaght … why … does … it … hurt … to … breath? Am .. I .. asleep? Is … wheeze … Ugh!!

Sitting up chemicals surge into Severin’s veins and anger tears across his mind, red vision and clenched teeth the Juicer bolts upright and has his energy pistol out, moving it right, left, right he looks for an enemy.

”The Hell!” What was it? Where is it?

Stepping outside Fell keeps his e-pistol at a low ready, slicing the pie of the door way he rolls outside and comes up pistol aimed at a man from Walcott’s team. The man “eeks” and drops his breakfast tray. Fell eyes him suspiciously then moves on around the other side of the vehicle.

Moving to the far side of the vehicle Fell slumps to the ground, sitting haphazardly, butt in the dirt, back against the side of the APC. Dropping the e-pistol into the dust next to him the Juicer rubs his sore elbow. The joint feel broken. It’s not, but it feels like it is. Reaching down to dial the bio comp up he is momentarily horrified when he sees the mini computer is missing! A panicked moment later he sees it’s on his left side. Sighing he rubs his face with his hands, his eyes burn and his head is throbbing.

”Damn it. That’s it. I’m never sleeping again. It hurts way too much waking up.”

Arthritis screams in every joint, head throbbing and left elbow feeling broken Fell grunts and pushes himself up the side of the APC like a severely wounded man.  Hearing footsteps Fell straightens up, his pained aging face goes blank.

Looking nonchalant he leans there as a woman walks by. She avoids looking at the intimidating Juicer and is soon out of sight. Fell groans again. Clinching his fist he ready’s himself, bends down, grabs up his e-pistol and holsters it.



Listening to the others comment on the missing Lail, Fell wonders where she went. Inwardly he groans when he recalls. I covered that up? Sigh. Fell glances at Tim, impossible to tell what a Cyborg is feeling. Shaking his head he moves closer to the yelling.

Once Walcott stops yelling and turn towards Fell and the 1st the Juicer frowns. Here we go, who stole the meds?

Fell stays quiet and listens to the others; Saul drinks, remember to ask for some. He also somehow has a map? He reminds me of Sayeen for some reason, hrmmmph. Good work Qoat, good points. Glad you are on top of this. As they all chat Fell thinks to himself…I have been off world and all over but never seen the ocean somehow. I forgot to say hi to Saul. I will. Or did I? As Tim takes charge Fell almost says something, but then recalls, oh yes we talked about him working on taking charge. The Juicer is brought back to reality when Qoat talks to him.



Fell nods at Qoat, ”Sounds good, after you bud. Good thinking.”

Fell makes the rounds with Qoat and searches the camp. He does his best to be friendly and actively works on keeping a smile on his face.

Between tents, while away from others Fell stops Qoat. ”Hey man, hold on a sec.”

In what likely is an unpleasant sight to see Qoat will see the Juicer shake. Groaning he places a hand on his stomach and weaves forwards and back, off center by about one to two inches. Bloodshot watery eyes and looking angry he clinches his teeth. Looking like he is about to faint the Juicer suddenly jerks hard then looks better. Eyes clear, the shakes stop, his face relaxes and he calmly says, ”Okay, ready. Let’s check the next place. All good now.”

 

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Interviews
Settling into his investigative role, Sinder interviews Walcott and the guard. Best he can tell, their story adds up. The guy is certainly known in the convoy for being a drinker and not very good at his job. According to others, he’s even left the doors open or fallen asleep on watch before. There’s no doubt Walcott loves her cargo and delivering the goods, it’s obvious from her state of mind that she is majorly pissed by the situation. It doesn’t take a psychic with mind reading to know she’s ready to skin her hired hand, but even more angry that the mission is in jeopardy.

Legwork
Looking around the scene offers very little in the way of clues. Whoever slipped in didn’t leave any obvious tracks or signs of their presence. The cases of medical supplies were not too big, and the thief left many larger high value items behind, obviously discerning in their taste of targets. None of the group is particularly skilled in tracking. Tossing the things of every convoy members is a very unpopular move and while it uncovers some interesting personal facts about the crew, from who does drugs to who can read and write, there is no evidence anyone in the convoy has the medical supplies.

Heading into the watering hole, Saul and Qoat works the street - literally there’s only one street. It doesn’t take too long to find the locals clammed up tight about just about everything. Saul does manage to fast talk his way with one surly bar patron, who through Saul’s gregarious charm and a bottle of whiskey, offers up some information. The whole area is under the “protection” of the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry, the local crew are known as the Colorado Cutthroats. They even have a unit patch on the wall at the bar to “mark their territory”. No one does anything with out the Cutthroats approval.

Unit Patch
Image


Asking around about the Cutthroats, Qoat learns their leader is named Liam “Ghost” Walker, rumored to be a former CS Ranger. He has a near legendary reputation as a stalker. One bar patron recounts a story of how Walker was able to sneak up on a seven eyed demon spider. When another guy hears Qoat is a mechanic he brightens up a little and lets it slip that one of the Cutthroats is a first rate mechanic, and a bit of a crazy son of a bitch who likes explosives. Apparently, he has a small compound south west of town near the Spine of the Serpent where he tinkers with weapons, vehicles, and explosives for the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry.

Reconnaissance
Heading north, Merl and Cory don’t seeing much until Merl spots a rise of dust on the horizon near Death Gallows Hallows. Keeping their distance, the pair is able to spot a huge herd of dinosaurs with lizard men riding on their backs. The herd looks like is is stopping to make camps near the Hallows. To the south, TImothy is greeted with nothing but plains and plains until he spots the only real rock formation, the Spine of the Serpent on the horizon. THe SPine is a just of sharp edged peaks that look remotely like the arched back of a dragon. Just before the hills, however, is a fenced in tin shack dump of a compound. The place looks deserted except for a power generating wind turbine that appears to be in operation.

Compound
Image


Spelling It Out
  1. Walcott and her people are ruled out
  2. The area is controlled by the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry.
  3. The local 1st Cav group are known as the Cutthroats
  4. Their leader is a CS Ranger known for sneaking into places
  5. One of their members, an expert mechanic, has a compound south of town
  6. TImothy saw a compound south of town
  7. Does this help or is it too patronizing?

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy stops and hovers in the air. This looks promising. While hovering in mid air his eyes are zooming in on the compound looking for any movement, as well as cycling different vision modes in case someone is trying to sneak by. Timothy is keeping position on the edge of some clouds (if possible) and activates the radio. "Folly 2 to base, Folly 2 to base." We should have had a discussion about this beforehand "I have located a small compound at the spine and am in observation mode. What's the status?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Stealth: 1d4-2 = -1 (1) Wild: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul was about to lift his drink in salute to the surly bar patron when he hears the crackle of the radio. Odd, it doesn't normally just turn on.. Saul gives his companion from the 1st a side-eyed look and a quick wink. Saul reaches over and slides the patron a few creds, enough to get several more drinks.
Friendly as can be Saul tips his hat and says, "My friend, 'twas a pleasure of boundless enlightenment and fortunes own happenstance that we made this jovial meeting. But the time to move our merriment elsewhere has arrived so we bid the adeu. Adeu!" Saul takes one final sip of his drink and places the cup gently down as he makes his way to the exit.

Once outside Saul looks at Qoat, " I am very glad you came with me. It would seem that one let loose a mechanic of sorts might live to the south... Didn't Timothy fly down that way? I caught a brief bit of static on my radio, could that have been him reporting in about spying the compound?". Saul puts his arm on Qoats shoulder and lowers his voice, " Your ride wouldn't have a way to boost our radios? I have a feeling Tin man might need our stout hearts before the night draws near."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Qoat takens in the information about the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. So the leader is a sneaky bastard? Qoat thinks as he walks back to Q-Mobile, and unhitches the nominal rope he's tied the Q-Mobile next to whatever horses were tied up there. He climbs up and sits in the cab with the door open and one leg dangling out while he waits for Saul.

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
Timothy stops and hovers in the air. This looks promising. While hovering in mid air his eyes are zooming in on the compound looking for any movement, as well as cycling different vision modes in case someone is trying to sneak by. Timothy is keeping position on the edge of some clouds (if possible) and activates the radio. "Folly 2 to base, Folly 2 to base." We should have had a discussion about this beforehand "I have located a small compound at the spine and am in observation mode. What's the status?"

Who else would use a code name of folly but us, Qoat thinks. He flicks the switch on the radio on the dash, "Folly Q to Folly 2, I copy. Sounds like it might be the 1st A-poc mechanic I heard about from the townsfolk. Be wary, he's crazy as a bed bug."

Qoat wrote:
Once outside Saul looks at Qoat, " I am very glad you came with me. It would seem that one let loose a mechanic of sorts might live to the south... Didn't Timothy fly down that way? I caught a brief bit of static on my radio, could that have been him reporting in about spying the compound?". Saul puts his arm on Qoats shoulder and lowers his voice, " Your ride wouldn't have a way to boost our radios? I have a feeling Tin man might need our stout hearts before the night draws near."


He looks down at the dandy and says, "Yep, it was. Sounds like he found at least one of the bases for the Cutthroats, led by one, Liam “Ghost” Walker. And apparently his name aptly describes his skill in getting into places he doesn't belong. I know you've some beef with Walcott, but I think she's clean. But I also think these townsfolk are trying to feed us a line of bullsh$t." Qoat waves his hands, "Oh, I am sure the leader is who they say he is, and there is a mechanic who thinks he's a 'mad bomber who bombs at midnight,' I just think we are being setup to have a confrontation. We still need to check out this place out, but I am not sure we need to go guns blazing."

Qoat swings his leg in and presses the ignition button bringing the turbine up to speed. "Get in, let's go find the fearless Folly and Sinder. Maybe Cory and Merlaggon have returned from their scouting to north. Then we head down to join Timothy."



Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 4

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Last edited by Qoat on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder finishes with his questions and searching the camp and heads to town on his hovercycle once there he keeps an eye on the others to make sure they don’t need backup.

Quote:
Timothy stops and hovers in the air. This looks promising. While hovering in mid air his eyes are zooming in on the compound looking for any movement, as well as cycling different vision modes in case someone is trying to sneak by. Timothy is keeping position on the edge of some clouds (if possible) and activates the radio. "Folly 2 to base, Folly 2 to base."We should have had a discussion about this beforehand "I have located a small compound at the spine and am in observation mode. What's the status?".


Sinder hears the transmission, and gets ready to head out with the others, And he responds over the radio, “Phoenix here I copy. I’ll be heading your way.” "Why am I thinking this isn't going to be easy. I bet someone in this town is going to radio them and tell them we are coming."

Sinder heads over to Saul and Qoat, “Hey are you guys ready to roll, I don’t know the way but I’ll follow you and keep track of your six in case we have a tail. Remember, keep radio transmissions short ,no need to tell them how many and when we are going to be there.”

Sinder looks to Qoat and speaks, "Qoat can you monitor Radio transmissions from here so we can see if some one gives the place a heads up? if not it might be good to have a device for that."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote


    Fell climbs aboard the Q-Mobile.

    "Who's idea was Folly Codes? Seriously? What is Dead Eye thinking? We need better code names than that."

    Across the radio Fell says, "Folly 2...This is Folly U. Good work, F-U out."

    Grinning Fell takes a seat and starts laughing.

    "F.U.X.O.

    hehe.

    Sorry.

    Hey FYI, I told Tim to start taking command a tad more, to...in...well, so he gets used to it. I think the more he is "leader" the more he will take care of this team. I have worried about him in the past, his CS background.

    Anyways, Qoat I think you are XO when Tim is dead or Commander..."


    Fell trails off and looks out the window.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy is listening to the radio chatter. At least they are not bitching about call signs. F U? What an ass. Phoenix is a really good one. Something to discuss tonight when we can.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul Chuckles as he eases into the Q mobile very careful not to crumple his hat. "Folly 7 to Foll 2 I am with Folly Q, Phenix, and F-U out." This group seems like a good group, willing to toss around the funny.
Saul looks around the Q mobile and finds a window to keep a look out on.

Notice

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Result: 3 - Fail?

Survival 5
To Identify the Lizard Men
Survival (JoaT): 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Result: 5 - Success


"There is a HUGE herd of dinosaurs being ridden by Lizard Men up North here.... ummm... Firebird 1 here. That should work. Firebird 1 here. I saw a HUGE herd of COOL dinosaurs with Lizard Men riding them. They do not seem particularly stealthy, though. More likely that sneaky Liam guy snuck in...so when are we going to roast him and get the medicine and stuff?"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 4 (2) Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)

Skill Rolls
ID Dinos and/or Riders: Survival 1d6 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Summon Ally w/Force Multiplication - Three Eagles (7 PPE) Mysticism 1d10 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Cory is still distracted and is not paying as much attention to the mission as she probably should be. Saul worries her a little bit, a guy who's purpose is to disrupt magic and destroy the supernatural, and he talks a lot? Not something she's a huge fan of. She doesn't say any of that to Merl though, she needs to let him form his own opinions, he already looks to her for so much guidance.

She also continues to wrestle with the way Lail died. Cory has come to terms with the fact that she was crazy beyond hope, but still, she seemed so young and lost. It feels like a failure that Cory could not get through and help the elf-girl. And, as much as she hates to admit it, she's worried about Fell. He's become so fatalistic and grim. There was once an abundance of life, now it's almost like he's burning out just to be done, he's given up.

Mission, recover stuff, important stuff. She yawns and looks at the dino herd. She idly tries to ID the creatures and the riders. Then she calls forth a trio of fiery eagles to fly alongside the dragon.

"Merl, how are you feeling lately? A lot has happened and I'm kind of gloomy."

Bird of Prey
Birds of prey may not be big, but their talons can rip through esh with ease. The bird of prey could be used for eagles, hawks, and any hunting birds.
A ributes: Agility d10, Smarts d4(A), Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 3 Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
• Blind: When a acking large prey (such as
characters), birds of prey go for the eyes. If the bird scores a raise on its Fighting roll, it has hit the character’s face. The character must make an Agility roll. On a failure, he su ers the One Eye Hindrance until his wounds heal. A roll of 1, regardless of the Wild Die, he su ers the Blind Hindrance instead.
• Claws: Str+d6.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Birds of prey measure up to 2’ in
height.
•Small: A ackers su er a –2 penalty to
a ack rolls because of the beast’s size.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Compound
Image
Map
Image


Regroup
Cory is able to determine that the dino riders are indeed Simvan Monster Riders. They are unlikely the thieves but could pose a danger - or at least factor into things later. Timothy maintains station near the compound while the others move to a safe distance to join him in observing the place and making a plan. From a small rise they can stay somewhat hidden but peer down at the compound below. It looks pretty ramshackle, and there doesn’t appear to be any signs of movement or presence - but from this far away it is impossible to tell for sure.

Gnome, Gnome, on the Range
Sparky was close now. He had tracked the Cutthroats, and the bounty on their head, back to this rundown compound in the plains between Kansas and Colorado. He’d been staking the place out until he saw a cyborg on a jet pack zoom by and took cover. Whoever it is, it doesn’t look like they’re leaving anytime soon. In fact, a group of them happen to be gathering on the opposite rise. Looks like someone else has come to the party.

OOC Comments
Everyone is looking down at the compound. Sparky from the south and the 1st SET from the North. If you want to see something you’ll need to find a way to get closer or expand your sensory capacity.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Hovering in mid air, Timothy doesn't see any significant movement. It's quiet, way too quiet. He activates the radio to give out new orders. "Merl and Cory, can you guys turn invisible?"

Once he gets the answer "Fly to the south side of the compound without being noticed. We need to know what is on the other side,
and make sure there aren't reinforcements. Everyone stand by for infiltration."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder listens to the radio and Tim's broadcast and thinks, "So don't go in gun blazing that is good. Dang Safety Matches, I hope they aren't listening to the radios. If not, they will know we are there and coming in."

As Jack gets closer he lands his hover close by but hidden. He makes sure no one can steal it by taking a key part.

He moves closer to "Deadeye" using cover and asks, "Are you still hovering for a reason? Any spot you want me in, I'm not that good as far as sneaking in. If you want I'll guard our six so no one sneaks up on us. Then you call me in."

Sinder will set up his suit right before going in, but not before Cory And Merl arrive.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Qoat listens to Fell as he babbles.

Fell wrote:
Grinning Fell takes a seat and starts laughing.

"F.U.X.O.

hehe.

Sorry.

Hey FYI, I told Tim to start taking command a tad more, to...in...well, so he gets used to it. I think the more he is "leader" the more he will take care of this team. I have worried about him in the past, his CS background.

Anyways, Qoat I think you are XO when Tim is dead or Commander..."


Fell trails off and looks out the window.[/list]


Qoat looks over at Fell, one hand and one eye watching the road. "Permission to speak freely?" Qoat says, but doesn't wait for an answer. "Stop it with this maudlin crap. Your in command until your dead or the Legion finds someone better. Don't give it away, make someone take it." The Quick-Flex shakes his heads. Humans! They look like us, but they are not us. "To paraphrase my grand-Q, 'Always be yourself, unless you can be me, then always be me.' Since you can't be me, be the leader of the Follies."

Qoat eventually brings the Q-Mobile to the base of the rise and brings it to a stop in a small cloud of dust. "Last stop, everyone out," Qoat says as he unlocks the doors so they can get out. He sets up an alarm on the sensor console if the radar picks up anything and a second one if anyone tries to enter the Q-Mobile to send a signal to the communicator built into his armor.

He grabs his C-212, slinging it over his shoulder, and clips the Neural Mace to his belt, and then makes his way to the crest of the rise, crawling the last bit to try and stay hidden.

Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total: 3

Knowledge: Electronics 1d6+1 = 3 (2) - Set up an alarm (+1 from Q-Mobile sensor suite)
Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Total: 5

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Q's outburst raises a sleepy eye from Saul who had drifted to sleep on the ride. As get gets out of the vehicle he slides up next to Fell. Lacking all the tact required for a delecate conversation he says a bit too loud for it to be considered private, " If I may be so bold, seeing how we invariably just met. Qoat, does have a point. Your duty to the 1st, clearly your family does not end with you ending being a juicer. Sure you could go out in a blaze of glory, and all that cliche juicer drivel. But what of the hard road... Living for your friends, making your mark more than just a white hot footnote in the annuls of history, but a long life dedicated to good works. A life with friends and loved ones. Think no one would care if you died? Look arround, even the dragon child would morn and christen a craig in your honor. The cyborg would leak fluids and invariably need his eyes replaced. The rest of the team... Hearts would break Fell. Without Fell what are we... Just follies. Maybe there is no known way to keep you from burning out, but what of the unknown way... Who here among your friends would not cross the very coals of hell itself if it meant a few more years with you in the team. Or there is the hard way... Detox. I met a couple of ex-juicers... All capable and needed members of the Legion." Saul puts his hand on Fell's shoulder and smiles, " Death is a cowards way out. Living is so much harder. Don't want to lead, fine. But live... Live for those that love you." Saul fixes his hat, and nods shortly. He then moves behind some brush to take a watchful eye, awaiting further orders. He takes a handkerchief and wipes his eyes. Silas told me almost the same thing. I did not see it then friend, but a new perspective.... Saul touches his top hat in silient thanks.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote



    Looking out the window Fell seemingly ignores Qoat, at first. The outburst looks like it might have shaken the Juicer. He slowly pulls a heavy hand up to his face and rubs his eyes.

    "I'm dying Q. Damn it. Not just from the drugs. The doc's back at Castle had a name for it. Luke Hemia or something stupid. However, you are right. I am running this SET now. I had wanted Tim to step up some, I worry about him. He...never mind. Look, don't tell the others, about the Luke thing. You are right though, I will snap out of it. Just not used to this crazy crap. Its like the Luke thing and the chemicals are at war with each other. Okay, hot damn it, lets get out there. thanks buddy."

    Qoat eventually brings the Q-Mobile to the base of the rise and brings it to a stop in a small cloud of dust. "Last stop, everyone out," Qoat says.

    Folding up the cloth with blood on it, stupid nose bleed, Fell hardens his face and jumps out of the vehicle also.

    Looking down the rise he considers the next move.

    As Saul not so quietly explains to the Juicer that the 1st loves him and suggests detox Fell laughs.

    Across the team radio: "Okay ... Fell's Follies, listen up. Next one of you catches me dozing off, being glum or in any way acting somber has my permission to slap me. We will have a slap-a-thon. Look, I tell you what. Once we are back in HQ, back at the Castle, I will ask them about the detox process. You have no idea how much that took to say out loud. But. Saul is right too. We are a family. We are the 1st and we are all more than just soldiers of light. If I can survive becoming a Juicer I can survive detox. I would hate not ordering you all about. Besides if I did detox, I am sure over time our dear Mystic would fall in love with me. Okay! Tim and Sinder team up on same location, lovely Cory and Master Merl come in as Tim suggested. The rest of us, lets carefully head down there. See what we see. Eyes open and be careful."

    With plasma rifle across his back, and the large two handed chainsaw in hand, at the ready, Fell advances closer to the compound.

    What the hell, if I can stick around and run the show I might as well. There is nothing more powerful than me. Not detox, not Luke, nothing. Faith....as Sayeen said.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy maintains his position when Fell makes his speech. Dam, I was in the middle of a mission update. Detox? I wonder how that will change things. Time to find out. Timothy turns the radio on and makes a secure two way with Fell and Timothy only.

"Fell, I secured this comms between the two of us. So you decided to Detox. I hope you make it back to the Castle to follow through. Cory would be crushed if you don't.
Back to the mission at hand. I appreciate the backup on the orders. Don't undermine me. I started this mission, I'll see it through. Once we get the supplies back to base, you'll be back in charge all you want. Speaking of which, that is something else we need to discuss, but at a latter time. For right now, all i'm asking for is the respect of being the leader of this mission."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Fell grins. I will miss this Tim. I really will.

Across the team radio: "Timothy Hernandez, do me favor and call orders on this infiltration would you please. I am multitasking at the moment. Prepping a thing. I will follow you all in. Stay tight. I'm gong to check that ridge yonder then head into compound with you."

Notice 7
Notice Roll
1d8 = 7 (7)
wd 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy looks at the direction of the ridge while hovering in the air. The ridge, I figured Merl would be able to do a fly by, but at least he is honoring my request. "Roger that. Team form up and move in, Merl and Cory move in from the South side of the compound. Nice and easy folks."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:07 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder feels good that Fell has broken out of his funk. "Fantastic the old Fell is back.Hope he can hang on long enough to detox, and not go blazing away."

Sinder looks to Tim, "Let me know when you plan to walk in, I want my armor up and running."

Jack first thing is to Greater Armor up then he follows his meat shield Tim. "Thank heaven Tim is here."
Greater Armor
Spirit
1d10 = 8 (8)
Armor +10
When the combat starts Jack will use Greater Speed (2PP) to help move fast,
Greater Speed
Spirit
1d10 = 8 (8)
Wild
1d6 = 2 (2)

Both got Raises
He is moving fast x3 speed and is bouncing off things speed -2 to others trying to attack him and running is a free action

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Last edited by Sinder on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
"Sure thing, Tim-man! Gimme a minute for us to come up on the other side. Come on, Cory... tie to fly through the earth!"

With that, Merlaggon breathes fire on the ground and dives into it.

OOC Comments
Casting Burrow
Spellcasting: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
Result: 10 - Success with raise. Costs 3+1 PPE to use the power for 3 rounds, and 2 PPE per round after that. I am assuming that his movement of 72" (12" per round) over 6 rounds is enough to get him about where wants to be, about the same distance from the compound, but on the South side. The 6 rounds will total at 10 PPE cost.


Notice and Stealth
Notice: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Result: 4 - Success?!?

Stealth: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Result: 4 - Success?!?


Almost jumping out of the solid ground on the other side, Merlaggon takes a look around and reports in to Timothy.

"We are on the other side now. I see nothing weird over here. Ready when you are."

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Last edited by Merlaggon on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy watches Merl burrow into the ground. What part of fly over did he not get? *sigh* o well.

Sinders comments brings him back to reality. "Huh? O right entry. Lets wait for Merl and possibly Fell. Once we know the back door is safe, then we can secure the buildings."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 from PA Sensors

Sparkmort took a knee behind a rock formation on the south side of the ramshackle compound and cranked the magnification of his visual sensors up to max to study its layout looking for any surprises that might wait for him. His intel said that the Cutthroats should be down there but he was willing to take the time to be sure of what he was heading into to given that he was doing this op solo. If Jack were with him then he'd already be bounding down the hill like a three meter jackalope and hit them like a sledgehammer and trust Jack to keep any surprises off his back. But Jack isn't here anymore is he? Sparkmort thought with a heavy sigh. Still, one of these days I'm going to have to find someone to work with if I'm going to keep doing this crap. I can't keep pushing my luck going after bozos like these alone or it's going to bite me in the ass eventually.

Chiding himself to concentrate on the task at hand he is just about to start another sweep when the unmistakable sound of a jet pack is picked up on his external mic. Crouching down further he sweeps the sky and spots a Combat Cyborg flying around the other side of the compound! Shit, no one said the Cutthroats had a Cyborg as one of their members! Could he be a another bounty hunter? He seemed to remember that there was a settlement of some kind not far from here so it's also possible he could be local law enforcement. Either of those scenarios he could work with but if he was a member of the Cutthroats that could be a problem. I could probably take him in a one on one fight but if he has any decent backup that could be a real problem. Well a problem is just a solution I haven't thought of yet. You are a smart guy Sparky so think of something dammit!

Despite his burning curiosity to just go down there and find out just what is going on Sparkmort resists the impulse and decides to wait and watch for the moment. Fortunately wearing power armor means he could fidget while remaining stock still to the outside world. Still, Sparkmort was just about ready to throw caution to the wind and move in when a large shape suddenly melts out of the ground less than 20 yards from his position! By the Great Gears, it's a Dragon!!!

Fear Check 4 Success
Spirit Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 for Brave
That almost ended badly :shock:
Wait? A Dragon?!? What the FRAK is a Dragon doing here? Anyone with the 1st AC working with a Dragon is about as probable as me teaming back up with Jack for old times! What the FRAK is going on here? Adjusting his position behind the boulders to take the best defensive position possible Sparkmort levels his rail gun at the Dragon and tweaks his external speaker volume, "Don't move. I am Sparkmort Zipwidget and as a duly recognized fugitive recovery agent of the Colorado Baronies I demand to know your intentions regarding the fugitive renegade outlaws known as the Cutthroats of the 1st Apocalypse Cavalry. If your intention is to apprehend these bandits then be aware that I was here first so obviously I have dibs." What? Did I just say DIBS to a bloody DRAGON?!? Face it Sparky, you're finally going off the deep end.

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Last edited by Sparky on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul quickly grabs his things and spying a fallen branch grabs it as well weilding it as a club. He nods looking the knotty pine over. " Yes this might do in a proper pinch." Saul winces grabbing his belly and coughs. Fell is dying and I have something wrong with my bladder...Great. Saul scurries after the 80% dead juicer, trying to keep behind rocks and scrags for cover, but with his stomach issues he just keeps bowling over thus moving much slower than his juicer compatriot.
The unexpected PA announcement over loud speakers has him do a Waaahhtt! spinning his arround looking for the source.
OOC Comments
Agility 1d4 = 4 (4) Ace 1d4 = 1 (1)Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Saul clumsily while not looking at his feet trips over a series of uneven rocks. But he catches himself last minute drawing his stick to the ground giving him extra support. Saul crouches down on his belly about 3/4 of the way down looking out at the exchange of the PA and dragon. Saul whispers to Fell and the others that come down the ridge, " Keep sully, an unknown chap is giving Merlaggon the what for."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 4 (2) Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Cory reports the simvan's presence to Tim as businesslike as she can manage. Then she say's to Merl, Like Merl, Tim wants us to....woah!!! then she holds on tight as Merlaggon takes a dive.

She instinctively holds her breath, and when they pop up on the other side, she gasps for air before looking around. Of course such a magic trick is awesome and thrilling, but she is glad to be in fresh air again.

She looks around and tries to figure out just where they are what's going on. And with a sigh, she thinks, no more eagles.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Fell stands on the ridge looking at the gnome. Standing over Saul who has wisely utilized cover and concealment, the Juicer stands in the open.

”Well I knew I felt something. I’ll be. He’s a little guy with quite the brave voice. I think I like him Saul. Let’s go say hi to the bounty hunter.”

Loudly Fell calls out to the gnome, ”I’ll need to see your credentials if I am to abide by the Dibs rule. After all I can’t just let anybody call dibs. Look here fellow. I suggest we take a moment to confer and greet. I am Sgt Fell of the Tommarow Legion.”

The advancing Juicer makes his way closer to the gnome and holds up a ID card.

”Before you aggravate my Combat Cyborg or my Dragon friend, I suggest you make your way over to me. You’ll find that I, a Juicer, am your best bet for a non violent meet and greet. What did you say your name was? I have heard of the Colorado Baronies and the 1st Apoc. Of the two I am neutral on the one and very much dislike the 1st Apoc. I’m not here to collect bounties.”

As he talks, Fell gets as close as he can to the gnome. His rifle still across his back, the aging Juicer holds the chainsaw sword down, non threatening.

”Looks like we both have something we are after here. Don’t think it’s the same thing. Why don’t we talk about it. Whatcha say?”

Fell stops and chuckles... Waaaaait.

”The Techno Wizard? Of Clan Zipwidget? The bane of Dunscan?! No?”

Laughing even harder Fell slaps his knee.

”Oh Sparky! I’m so kidding I know it’s you! You are a bounty hunter now?! I’m glad you made it out of Newton Spark! What are you doing out here?”

Fell jumps across a wide expanse between two boulders and jogs closer to the gnomes position.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Down in the dust, Qoat looks over at the power armor through the scope on the rifle. Pew pew, Qoat thinks as he pretends to shoot the PA jock. He jerks in response to the dragon erupting from the ground, then lines back up on Merlaggon. Pew pew, Qoat chuckles, Not that it would get through that thick hide, great-Q he's gotten big in the last few weeks. When Fell starts to yell, he turns his cyclopean helmet up to stare at the juicer. Shaking his head, he says, "Heading back to the Q-Mobile." He slips down the small hill and back to the Q-Mobile, slapping the dust off of him as he walks back. He hops into the cab and powers up the Light Ion Cannon in the front and the mini-missile launcher and monitors the sensors. Got a keep an eye out for sneak attacks. We aren't sneaking up on anybody at this point.

The image on the monitor begins rolling with a little wiggle as it reappears. "Damn it! Not Now." Qoat exclaims to himself as the sensor diagnostics report a malfunction. If there's time, he pulls out his pre-rifts diagnostic device and plugs it into the console and attempts to fix it.

Rolls
Notice: 1d6+1 = 6 (5) Actively scanning the area now.
Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
Total: 6
Knowledge: Electronics 1d6+1 = 2 (1) Actively scanning the area now.
Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Total: 2

Technical Difficulties: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

Repair: 1d8+4 = 6 (2) +2 Armor, +2 PreRifts Device
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Total: 7

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder is wondering how long this guy in armor is going to last. "Oh, great this one is crazy as a bat." Staying with Tim, Sinder thinks he should stay behind Tim but not to close.

Then as he peers around Tim he wonder what the hell Fell and Saul are doing, "Ah here it comes, Fell is going to talk to the guy. Someone should get ready for picking up the pieces. No I'm not getting any closer than I have too. Flaming Geezers, Fell knows this one, does it mean he will last longer then the female mage?"

Then Fell jumps across the bolder and Sinder slaps his hand to forehead. "If he isn't a threat, then worry about where the threat might be."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Sparky wrote:
"Don't move. I am Sparkmort Zipwidget and as a duly recognized fugitive recovery agent of the Colorado Baronies I demand to know your intentions regarding the fugitive renegade outlaws known as the Cutthroats of the 1st Apocalypse Cavalry. If your intention is to apprehend these bandits then be aware that I was here first so obviously I have dibs."


Turning to face "Sparkmort", Merlaggon is not happy to have a Rail Gun pointed at him.

"Really? A Rail Gun. Why is EVERYONE pointing Rail Guns at me? Listen here, point that Rail Gun somewhere else, before I get mad. If you so much as hurt one hair on my friend here, I will tear you apart piece by piece like the last Enforcer Robot that pointed ITS Rail Gun at me. NOW!!!"
Intimidate 10
Intimidate (+2 from Strong Willed, +? from DRAGON:
Intimidate: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6+8 = 10 (2)
Result: 10 - Contested by Spirit.

"Fell, YOU know this guy? Tell him to point that Rail Gun somewhere else before I take it from him! He could hurt Cory with it!"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Spirit 16
Spirit Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 For Strong Willed
-1 Bennie for Extra Effort
1d6 = 6 (6)
Extra Effort Ace 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Elan


Sparkmort is somewhat taken aback by the Dragon's outburst but then he hadn't met any Dragons up until now let alone what appeared to be a fairly juvenile one. Let's take this slow Sparky, the last thing you want to do is get it all riled up and then have to go bounding all over the countryside trying to keep out of its reach. Slowly he lowers the rail gun so that it is pointed at the ground between them. "All right now, no need to get all wound up or anything." Sparkmort said in his calmest voice, "After all you were the one that came boiling up out of the ground like a giant fire breathing prairie dog. You can hardly blame me for taking precautions." Prairie Dog? Meh, maybe not the wisest choice of words but the hell with it. A little humor never hurt anyone... so far anyway.

Watching the Dragon closely just in case it decided to throw a tantrum or perhaps try to throw him if it came to that when yet another arrival suddenly appears, id's himself as part of the Tomorrow Legion and starts talking about credentials and dibs. Crap, that one's going to haunt me I just know it. Sigh. At least if theses guys are Legion they should be ok. They have a pretty good rep from what I hear and at least this guy appears to be human. Sparkmort had just decided to try and bluff his way around the credentials situation when the new guy suddenly mentions Techno-Wizards, his family and bane of Dunscon?!? What the frak?

Sparkmort is even more confused as the new guy starts laughing! Who is this guy and why is he acting like he knows me? Sparkmort wonders as he zooms in on the man's face taking a good look at him for the first time and also taking note of the visible juicer rig he wore. A Juicer, great. A Juicer who knows me. Sparkmort shuddered slightly as an unbidden image of Jack as he last saw him played out in his mind's eye. He does look familiar but he looks so old. Sparkmort's eyes widened in shocked recognition! By the Great Gears is that... "Severin? Severin Fell is that you?" Servos whine as Sparkmort brings his suit into an upright position and lets the rail gun's barrel drop until it points straight down. "Sonnofa... it's been, what? More than four years since Newtown I think. It's fantastic seeing you still up and around." Though not for much longer I'd say. The poor guy looks like shit.

"Listen, I assume the, uh, Dragon here is with you? Sorry about upsetting the poor, uh, it but when you're working solo you have to work extra hard to watch your own back. Anyway, I'd come out for a proper meet and greet but I've been on the trail in this tin can for almost three days now and I'm pretty much classified as a bio-weapon at this point." Plus if I'm going to be honest it's nice to be the one looking down once in a while. "So what the in the nine hells are you doing out here anyway? Last I heard this Tomorrow Legion's territory was a fair bit south of here."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder is looking at the meet and greet, or is it Meat and Greet meeting? then he speaks up, "Focus, focus!, we are here at this compound for something Right! I don't mean to interrupt this reunion but we might be in combat? We need to get this taken care of so we can move out." "OH! Flamming balls of Auntie Petunina. The Mission! Has Fell slipped into senility?"

Getting a replacement for Lial is tough on him, and it lurks in the back ground. "Where is she and why did she leave, we could have helped her."

Sinder calms down a bit, "The target more then likely went to ground, and this whole place is rigged to go off."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Seeing Sinder pleases Timothy. Focused on the mission, very good. But we need to ensure we don't get backstabbed.

"Calm down Sinder. Lets not jump into this fight. If there is anyone in there, they either already know we are here and well prepared or they are not here or they don't know we are here and are oblivious. That last one doesn't happen to people who are well known like these folks are. Lets do this right and keep our casualties down. This guy might have some more intel on who these assholes are and what they have planned."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
seeing the the power armor jock is not going to open fire immidately Saul grabs his stick and cane, adjusting his top hat, and scurries still 3/4 of he way down the ridge, to some biggish rocks using them for cover against any assailants coming from the compound. He calls out probably easily noticed by anyone in the compound , "Careful chapa, we are here for the Cutthroat's top notch mechanic! Beware any trip wires! Some say he has penchant for explosives!!"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Elderly Fell wrote:

”Before you aggravate my Combat Cyborg or my Dragon friend, I suggest you make your way over to me. You’ll find that I, a Juicer, am your best bet for a non violent meet and greet. What did you say your name was? I have heard of the Colorado Baronies and the 1st Apoc. Of the two I am neutral on the one and very much dislike the 1st Apoc. I’m not here to collect bounties.”


"What! You like totally left out your mystic friend! I can get seriously scary!" Cory yells at Fell. Just cause.

Cory leans over and says to Merl, “Like, I think just scared the little guy. Fell seems to know him, like so it’s okay.”

She sits back up and tries to take in this weird and rapidly changing situation. She takes stock: Fell is acting weird, but at least he’s not depressed to the point of inaction. Tim seems to be ready to take over command. As much as she hates to admit it, that might not be a bad thing. She doesn’t like him, but he seems to get their mission. Q-man and Sinder are solid, but definitely not the big initiative takers. The new guy, Cory instinctively dislikes. But she’ll just ignore him for a while. Merl is growing fast and getting comfortable with this world. Cory is worried her teachings to the juvenile dragon might not be enough to keep him on a good path. And Lail going missing is disturbing. She doesn’t suspect foul play, Lail had gone off the rails and was capable of anything.

With a sigh she contacts Tim in the most secure way she knows: telepathically.

Telepathy 1d8 = 5 (5) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
(If that doesntvwork she will use the radio)
“Tim,” she says and pauses a little too long before continuing. “I like want you to know that even though, you know like we don’t like each other, I like actually totally have no problem with like you know you in charge. I’ll like do my best to like make sure Merl is like fine. Like, I’m totally worried about Fell. Okay. Bye.”

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Timothy hovers there keeping an eye on everything, communicating with Sinder, waiting for the all clear signal when Cory starts speaking to him in his head. With a startle that Sinder would notice, Timothy allows Cory to finish her message. Gotta get used to that. So, she is okay with me in charge.
There is hope yet. Both Merl and her are two halves of the same chess piece right now. Is now the time to seperate them? And why is Fell reasserting his command? Is there another influence? Is it the Juice?

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder is still in a huff about the team's lack of focus. He is not upset enough to get too worried. He just thinks the team should take care of business, before a lot of small talk and going over old times. "Take it easy on them, they seem to do OK for themselves. Dang Sayeen and Fell both seem to turn any disaster into a victory. but Fell is getting older. We just don't need to loose another one a mission."

He looks, around try to get a feel of what is going to happen next. He notice something happen to Tim. "Hey Tim, are you OK?"

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Fell grins at Sparky.

"Oh I am around. Damn, you look like you are doing well after Newtown. Awesome. I ended up off world then with the Legion. Hey we can totally catch up later. There must be something dangerous a foot if you are snooping about."


Quote:
"What! You like totally left out your mystic friend! I can get seriously scary!" Cory yells at Fell.


Fell positively beams with glee, pointing over his shoulder towards the dragon and girl on top of it, Severin says, "Hot chick is Cory. My gods she is a firecracker. Watch out for her, I just recently decided to detox for her. Anyway. Lets see what we got in this here compound."

Fell moves closer to the compound.

"What say you Tim? Go in or got a different plan?"

OOC Comments
Fell 1.5 years ago, "Hey Cory."

Image

Fell today. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Cooooroy baby"

Image

;)

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul scrambles to find some nice cover pererably with a few of the compound, he does his best to try to use the PA's arrival as a breif distraction to move semi-covertly. At least Fell found his upperlip. Boyo is more like the Juicer I heard tale about.
Stealth 4 hopefully 2pts of cover
Stealth 1d4-2 = 2 (4) Ace 1d4 = 2 (2) 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

Saul peeks out not nessesarily paying attention to the exchange between most of the party and the PA, but more looking into the compound for telltale signs of movement. To help him acheive it a bit better he concentrates willing his eyes to pierce the darkness and possibly better see any normal and especially supernatural threats.
Darksight, fail, 2 isp spent
Psionics 1d10 = 1 (1) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Nothing happens, and he grimaces, muttering " The deep lord dwells nearby. Now is not the time to loose focus." Saul redoubles his efforts to see if anyone is moving down in the compound.
Notice signs of movement
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1) Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

If someone was down their Saul missed them. From his hidden perch he calls out giving away his position, " From top to bottom looks like this ones empty." Saul rubs his beleguered eyes thinking about last nights horrible dream. Another nighmare... It was this place, I know it well now. These rocks I was behind. Fell saw a glint of mettal in a window... Frag grenade booby trap splattered his brain over the window yonder. Cory lost it, rained down holy fire, smoting shacks. She never saw the railgun spatter her guts along the ridge. Qaot almost saved the day, a damn hero... The claymore underfoot took out half his torso. Sinder burned what corey did not dystroy, until something grabbed him and tore him limb from limb. Not sure who was worse off, Timothy or Merlaggon. A dragon exploding from the inside out maybe infinately worse than holding Tin man's head wailing for the pain to stop. Saul stopped for a second, his eyes dropped almost close, but he opened them replacing any fatigue with the determination he could stop his nightmare from coming true.
Saul drew upon his spirit, calling courageous being from beneath his skin to surround him in its awe inspiring presence. Over the radio he pleantly chimes in, " I am almost to the compound, one quarter of the way to be exact. Permission to seek parely with those that may call it home..." His voices takes on a bit of an ominous edge, "This day will not be the day I hold Timothy's wailing head in my hand or see Cory torn asunder. I am a legionaire so I seek your counsel to prevent my dream from becoming reality."
improved inner spirit, +4 toughness
Activated improved inner spirit:+4 toughness

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Compound
Image
Map
Image


Little Man, Big Dragon
As the team regroups on the south western hill with Merlaggon, Cory, and Sparky a brief introduction occurs. Fortunately, some of the team have the good sense to keep eyes on the compound. Unfortunately, they don’t see any movement, at all - not even a tumbleweed.

It’s Quiet, Too Quiet
Finally, Saul and Fell move toward the compound. Again, nothing happens. If there are any occupants they are being extremely disciplined and not giving up their numbers or position - or the whole place could be empty. In the sky above Timothy watches over their advance.

Suddenly, the sides of the metal buildings slide open and at least three power armor suits holding portable missile launchers can been seen. A voice crackles over a loudspeaker.

“Move along see. We don’t want no trouble with you.”

SitRep
The hill is long range from the compound, although missile launchers can easily reach the distance (Sparky, Merl, Cory, Sinder, Qoat)

Saul, Fell, and Tim are medium range away. Fell and Sault have some rocks for cover but they’re not much help against area effect weapons like missiles. Tim is in the air, pretty much a prime target for surface-to-air missile strikes.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice: 1d4+2 = 4 (2) wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)



Dam, they got into position. It's not like we are being stealthy about it. Timothy starts to mark the enemy positions on his hud and broadcast it to his teammates in an effort to provide them better information. Don't want to keep these assholes waiting too long, they might start shooting

Turning on his loudspeaker. "WE ARE THE 1ST SET OF THE TOMORROW LEGION! WE ARE HERE LOOKING FOR OUR SUPPLIES! STAND DOWN AND WE CAN TALK THIS PEACEFULL LIKE, OR WE CAN DO THIS THE MESSY WAY. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

Persuasion: Original post: 1d4-4 = -2 (2) Wild: Original post: 1d6-4 = 1 (5) Spend Bennie for extra Effort: 1d6 = 6 (6) [Make removable] extra ace: 1d6 = 2 (2) +2 from saul total: 11


Timothy readies his rail-gun to shoot down incoming missiles.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul hangs onto his top hat. Tin man has the right idea. I can help pave over some rough edges. Saul steps out from behind cover, he keeps his eyes warry of attack, but he maintains a jovial and light tone. " So Sorry to barge in on you chaps. I am Saul Goodwright, a sea inquisitor, similiar to your North American cyberknights. We are just looking for some misplaced medical supplies. People are under the weather and need them. I don't suppose we could sit down and have a small talk about where they might have gone. We are new to the area and could use a bit of guidance... Of course we would pay handsomely for the trouble. I have 900 credits myself.

assist Timothys persuation roll, plus 2
Persuation 1d10 = 8 (8) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Already in the driver's seat, Qoat gets ready to move the big vehicle, the low rumble of the turbine, a subtle indicator of it's power. Over the team's frequency he says, "Anyone want to hop back in and man the rear rail gun? Just in case negotiations take a turn for the worse?"

Qoat reaches out and pats the dash. Get ready to dance, he thinks.

Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 2

Operating ATV Sensors
Knowledge: Electronics 1d6+1 = 4 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Total: 6


Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder Shakes his head. "Didn't I tell you they were waiting."

Sinder smiles then realizes missiles are aimed at them and expresses his concerns, "Flaming Turd buckets." "Hey yes you need to spread out. They look like they are aimed at the Meat Shield so I need to be some where else."

Sinder is thinking about two options. First, taking out missiles or taking out the PA. "What if I set the missile launcher on fire?"

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Fell slams his helmet into place and starts walking towards the compound. Sword across his back his hands are open and out to his sides, about as non threatening as a Juicer can be.

Fell privately radios Cory, “I didn’t forget you earlier. Be careful... and... thank you for everything.”


Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:22 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Intimidate
Using Intimidate to assist Timothy's Persuasion
Intimidate (Assuming a +2 from being a Dragon): 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Ace: 1d6+10 = 11 (1)
Result: 11 - Success with Raise. +2 to Timothy's Persuasion Roll


"Can we do messy, Timothy? These seem to be Bad People, and I am very good at messy!!!"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder then thinks, "The missiles use fire for propelling them toward us. I'll stop the flames on them 10 feet or 20 feet in front of them. they stop fall and explode in front of them. "

Fire Mastery: over large burst template, 12" range, eliminate all fire, trying to stop the engines on the mini missile and they cant see that there is an area where no fire can take place. free action Spend 2 ISP to increase the range X10. So they don't know that the minis won't help them.

Over the radio, Sinder says, "If the minis are launched I got some of them."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 10 (8) Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Fell wrote:
Fell slams his helmet into place and starts walking towards the compound. Sword across his back his hands are open and out to his sides, about as non threatening as a Juicer can be.

Fell privately radios Cory, “I didn’t forget you earlier. Be careful... and... thank you for everything.”


"Just don't die Fell, don't give up." Cory says to Fell, sensing a fatalistic edge in his words. That's not good at all.

Leaning forward to shout at Merl over the flight noise, she says, "Merl! I might to need to be on the ground during the fight, I can teleport down if we get close! I hope for messy too. I don't like these guys. But not liking them isn't enough of a reason to hurt them. If they are hurting others or us, then we can take them out. Stealing the medicine is almost hurting others, but we're not sure it's them yet. I'm can't wait to find out though!"

Cory looks around and tries to figure our what she should do, her initial instinct to start throwing fireballs. Then she gulps and calls out on the radio to Tim, all official, "Tim, like where do you want me, and like Merl?

She makes sure her armor is powered up (it is) and spot likely spots to teleport to. She also has her jet pack, that might be a more practical way to enter the fight, if somewhat less dramatic.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Quote:
"Tim, like where do you want me, and like Merl?


The radio clicks just like it has the last thousand times. Dam radio works better than my eyes. "Stay where you are.
Keeping them split up with different targets gives us better chance for survivability."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


Qoat wrote:
Already in the driver's seat, Qoat gets ready to move the big vehicle, the low rumble of the turbine, a subtle indicator of it's power. Over the team's frequency he says, "Anyone want to hop back in and man the rear rail gun? Just in case negotiations take a turn for the worse?"


Saul light lipped quips back to the egmatic quickflex, "Humblest appologies. I am afraid my talents are of little use in the back of a fine vehicles such as yours." I really wish sometimes I was more capable with a gun...
Fell wrote:
Fell slams his helmet into place and starts walking towards the compound. Sword across his back his hands are open and out to his sides, about as non threatening as a Juicer can be.


Saul for a breif second watches the lone Juicer head to the compound... For Parley, for battle, for what reason? The legends of the aging juicer are true!. Forgetting his com unit is still active Saul in his own way lends thought to Fell's actions before charging into his own, " The juicer of legend walks without care, striding into doom, or a lovers embrace? A man so alone your heart breaks. What sets him apart? Indommadble will? The burden of command? A love unrequited? A destiny to die? Not to die... Not while we in the 1st draw breath." Saul stands and scurries down the hill, cane and branch in hand, his protective aura of spirit radiating outward.
With great glee he cries, " Rally forth Fell's follies, Rathy forth, our commander goes into the dark, and so shall we be his reargaurd!" Saul takes a position about 20ft (4") behind Fell, letting the Juicer do whatever work he requires, but staying close enough to be of aid should Fell have need of it. Saul nods to the juicer letting him know he will not be going alone.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote

Notice
1d8 = 1 (1)
WD: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Fell glances at Saul. Hard to not like that guy. Nodding the Juicer looks back at the compound. Damn it. Need to get closer. Can’t see them all. Suppose I’ll play distraction...

”Now see here - ya think I’d be walking in with no weapons drawn if I was looking for trouble? Neeeeegitive boyo.

Look here fellas I asked around the area looking for a mechanic. My crew has had some good and some bad luck as o’late. I got me a recently acquired UAR-1 Enforcer with a blown right knee... it ain’t walking well as ya can imagine. I need a mechanic - you got one here looking to make some credit fixing my new toy?

Seriously dude stop pointing the rocket at me and let me pay your mechanic to fix my UAR, and to haul it here.

Who you hot rods roll with? I been scoring credits recently for a Merc unit called the Black. Whatcha say? Can we talk?”


Rattling off a bunch of whoya the Juicer continues to close the distance between himself and the closest power armor wearing yawho.

Baffled ‘em with rhinobuffalo poo. Gotta get closer if I’m gunna cram that rocket launcher down his throat. I have way too much juice flowing, I can’t hold still. This stupid harness is got to be malfunctioning. I want it off. I should buy new chems. That might help. Pretty sure I’m smelling colors right now and the only way to fix that is going to be beating the tar out of a power armor.

Fell laughs and smiles at those in the compound, wiggling his empty fingers as he walks.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 25
Notice Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Notice Die Ace 1d6 = 6 (6)
Notice Die Ace 2 1d6 = 6 (6)
Notice Die Ace 3 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 from PA Sensors
"Well, Crap." Sparky mutters to no one in particular. Well this has gone kind of pear shaped in no time flat. Whatta ya going to do now, Sparky? Well, on the one hand there's one of me and on the other Severin has got at least four or five people with him including a bleeding dragon so how about we let him take the lead for the moment, hmmm? Sure wish he'd clued me in on the comm frequencies they are using though. Well improvise Sparky, that's what you're good at.

Adjusting volume so the nearby girl and dragon should be able to hear him without his voice carrying all the way across the valley Sparkmort calls out. "Excuse me, uh Cory and uh, Dragon but would you mind moving over a bit to clear my sight lines down into the compound? Since your boss seems determine to take all the risks the least I can do is provide cover fire in the event things get well, messy does seem like a good way to put it." If the humor in his voice was not apparent to the them the chuckle that follows clarifies things nicely. "I don't want to be upsetting you by pointing anything in your direction if I can avoid it."

With that Sparky crouches back down the behind the boulders and takes a bead on the left most of the three power armor operators facing them. "You know it's kind of ironic seeing how back in the old days during the Uprising it used to be Severin providing the overwatch while tanks like me busted down the defenses. Times have changed I guess." Sparkmort chuckles again which dies off as the memories of those that died during the Uprising surface.

Shaking it off he calls out again, "Oh and speaking of which, since I can't really take him aside for a chat right this minute do you think one of your could relay a message to him? Let him know that Sparky got a bead on the suit on our left whenever he's ready to make his move and if he needs me to close in he just needs to signal and I'll be down the hill on the bounce. Thanks!"

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
"Sorry, Sparky. Cory and I will be going underground. Find someone else to play messenger boy."

Burrow 10
Casting Burrow on Cory and Himself
Spellcasting: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Result: 10 - Success with Raise. +2 Stealth Dice when they reappear. For both Him and Cory, it will cost 5 PPE. They will be moving with a pace of 12, and it should take them 2-3 rounds total to arrive in the compound, planning to surface right behind the one who was speaking (N-O, 24-25).

With that, Merlaggon breathes fire on the ground and dives in with Cory, hopefully not alerting the Cutthroats.

"Timothy, Cory and I are going in!"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Last edited by Merlaggon on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
With Merls declaration, Timothy clicks on the radio. "Roger, get ready team it's about to get real hot. Don't miss Merl, if you do you'll owe me 1000 pushups." Dam Juvenile Dragon. If we make it out of here, i'm smoking his asss. Timothy ready his dodge to avoid the missile.

OOC Comments
Pilot 1d10 = 4 (4) Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Sparkmort watches the dragon disappear into the earth in stunned disbelief and sighs heavily. Well, at least they aren't blocking my sight lines any more. Silver linings, Sparky, silver linings. Sighing once more Sparkmort resumes his vigil keeping his rail gun trained on his chosen target and ready to fire the moment the fecal matter hit the rotating air intake.

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Compound
Map
Image


Negotiation by Dragon
Timothy calls out on his loudspeaker, with some help from Saul and threatening looks from Merlaggon. The net effect is not get shot at yet as the PA pilot flips on his own loud speaker and a very loud negotiation begins, “Your supplies are property of the First Apocalyptic Cavalry now! Call it a tax for crossing our territory and bringing vermin with you!”

With a less than auspicious start, it looks like a blood bath can be avoided so Saul offers up a trade, “Nine hundred credits? Are you daft? I don’t see any M.O.M. implants but you’re one crazy critter. Scram before we send a missile up yer ass.”

On the hill, ready to roll in, Qoat monitors the situation in the ATV. The radar system isn’t much use given all the ground clutter, but from the various blips and blobs he can tell that the bad guys are a pretty big force, maybe twice the size of the 1st SET. When he offers up the rail gun, no one really bites - which seems a shame given how much fire it can pour into that ramshackle little area.

Hearing the word “missile”, the group slowly begins to spread out to keep from being caught in one big blast radius. At the bottom of the hill Fell starts to move in closer to the fence that surrounds the compound, continuing to talk about fixing a UAR-1, “Stay back! You want our help fixing something then these supplies make a good down payment. Move all your people away and bring what you want fixed. Move back now.” Obviously, the missile launcher does not get lowered.

Nearby, Sparky takes a bead on the talker. The only one not under full cover in an outbuilding. He lets the dragon and teenager know to relay the message, although it’s not clear if they do or not. From his angle he can see the buildings are a little tougher than the sheet metal suggests. In fact, the sheet metal is a bit of a ruse as it covers up heavy concrete. Busting through those walls is will be no easy task.

And then, in goes the dragon, burrowing underground toward the compound instead of away from it!

Inside: Merl and Cory surface behind the speaker inside the small tin shack. Of course the inside doesn’t look like what you’d expect from the outside. It’s filled with modern computers and electronic equipment, and workbenches. It also has a very low ceiling, Merlagoon takes up almost the entire inside and doesn’t have any headroom, in fact he’s a little bent over. None of the doors and windows are big enough for Merl to pass through, basically making them stuck. The PA pilot seems to be the only in the room at the moment.

With a dragon nearby the power armor pilot freaks out, leaping out the opening he was yelling at Tim and Fell through, and firing back into the building! The blast rocks Merl and Cory exploding the building from the inside out. Hopefully the medical supplies weren’t in there.

GM Explanation
Merl appears
Pilot failed check, shaken result. Spend bennie to unshake.
Agility to interrupt = 6 (Cory can beat this # to Teleport away before shot it fired)
Moved pace out the window
Fired back into building, Shooting = 11 (raise!)
Damage (4d6, AP 11, +1d6) = 25 MD, AP 11 to Small Burst Template


Outside: The team sees the power armor pilot jump out into the open and the building suddenly blow sky high. Then all hell breaks loose as the other power armor pilots begin to fire from cover at the 1st SET surrounding the area - targeting their big vehicles and heavy hitters. A missiles screams by Qoat landing just behind his ATV, the shockwave making a little rumble but not much else of consequence. Tim, however, is a little more exposed and the missile hits him despite his best evasive maneuvers. Others, with small arms also appear in the buildings ready to pick off anyone who closes in too close to the fence.

Explanation
PA pilots were on hold. Firing missiles at ATV and Cyborg. Sparky is not seen at the moment. Bandits with small arms are also present and getting ready to fire on anyone who closes in. All bandits except P1 have a -2 cover penalty to hit.

ATV: Shooting = 2
Cyborg: Shooting = 7, Damage: 4d6, AP 11 = 11 MDC, AP 11, SBT

Distances:
Cory and Merl are inside the compound, inside what remains of a building

Fell, Tim, and Saul can be inside the compound in 1 round - Climbing check needed to get over the fence (except Tim who can fly over it).

Sinder and Sparky are still on the hill, 3 rounds to inside the compound.

Qoat can be there in 2 rounds.

Bandits are on hold waiting for you to approach and can interrupt your actions until you get in the compound.

Initiative:
Bandits = On Hold
WC Bandits = On Hold
Saul = KS
Cory = JS
Sinder = JD
P3 = 10S
P2 = 9S
Fell = 9D
Sparky = 8C
Qoat = 7S
Tim = 6S
P1 = 6H
Merl = 4S

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Agility 4
Opposed Agility Roll: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Result: 4


As they surface right behind the apparent leader of the Bandits, Merlaggon starts to yell...

"B..."

Boom! the missile slams into Merlaggon, dazing him for a second.

OOC Comments
Merlaggon spends a Bennie to recover from being Shaken. He then continues his intimidate on the Pilot Armor Pilot. If Cory does not beat the 6 on her Agility to interrupt the Missile and teleport away safely, I will spend my Action Card (Lucky Break) and allow her to teleport away safely, or however else she wishes to escape danger.


"Cory... Cory, are you OK???"

"You took OUR stuff, and then when we came to get it back, you threaten us. I WAS just going to scare you into giving it back, but YOU then had to shoot at me and ALMOST hurt my Cory! YOU are DEAD!!!"

Intimidate 9
Intimidate at +4 (+2 from Strong Willed, +2 from Big Weapon )Dragon))
Intimidate: 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 9 (5)
Result: 9 - Opposed Roll. +2 on next action vs. target with Success, Target also Shaken if a Raise.

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Last edited by Merlaggon on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 am, edited 5 times in total.



Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Interupt 11 total
Agility 1d4 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)


Saul gets luck this time, as he sees the bandits draw their arms pointing them at him and Fell he springs into action. His spring has a hitch as he carches sight of the carnage of the work shop. Fire, wood bursting, Corey and Merlaggon caught in a raging inferno of fire, smoke, and ash... The raging inferno, an apt name for any flamewind dragon. Beautiful as the sun set, and more terrible to behold than the grim spector of death... Saul's musings are cut short as his nose starts to bleed. His eyes. Grow white as Merlaggon's truest self is revealed to him for the first time.

Dragon Fear
Spirit 1d10 = 5 (5) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Saul smiles wipping his nose on his sleeve. Saul calls out over the compound, " Woa there Merlaggon. Rage is no monster you cannot beat. Everyone is just saying hi. If 900 credits is not enough, I am sure we can scrounge up some more."
Common big guy come to your senses here... Busting into someone's home...
Playfully Saul tosses another well timed remark over to Merlaggon, " Merl, when you feel so mad that you got to roar. Stop and count to four. 1-2-3-4. These good folks don't need to be eaten."

Without even thinking of it, Saul hits his own internal switch, reaching deep into his personal reserves he calls forth the mighty tempest to protect him, and his exubrant zeal to inspire his intelegence to greater heights.

Greater Deflection minus 4 to hit, boost smarts up to a d8, 7 isp spent
Psionics Greater deflection 1d10 = 5 (5) wild 1d6 = 1 (1)
Psionics boost trait smarts 1d10 = 6 (6) wild 1d6 = 2 (2)
Both powers are self only and free actions.


Whatever moisuture or water nearby is drawn to Saul, the dirt, wind, and water form a mud ridden tempest surrounding his person and pushing anything away. Arcs of electric zeal seem to stimulate his very brain into slightly quicker thought and action. To the nearest Power armor to him and Fel, Saul calls out in a friendly tone, " You have to wonder my friend, is that the only dragon that will pop out this day and go Boo! Is there one at your feet, or maybe one right behind you. Does it exist if you don't turn around and look? I wonder about that myself from time to time."

Smarts trick, essentially the ole look behind you. Probably on P2, 12 total
Smarts 1d8 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)
Benny to roll extra effort 1d6+2 = 8 (6) (the +2 is from Elan) Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)


Saul quickly will new found burst of pace, moves next to Fell and gives him a pat on the shoulder noding to the PA he just told to check his rear, " That one might be T'd up for you boyo. Try not to kill if you can help it. They are just protecting and surviving best they know how." Not entirely stupid, with his snyapses being jolted aliave by his ecletic zeal Saul will move a bit closer and seek to conceal as much of himself behind any large boulders or trees.

Movement
Move to Z34 for cover.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Mook 1 1d6 = 5 (5) (Location H15)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
Mook 2 1d6 = 6 (6) (Location R24)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)
Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)
Mook 3 1d6 = 3 (3) (Location V26)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:14 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5 (3) Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


OOC Comments
Agility to beat bad guy to teleport: auto ace + 1d6 = 5 (5) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Teleport 15” behind bad guy (11L): mysticism: auto ace + 1d10 = 8 (8) Wild 1d6 = 2 (2) -2 multi action

Bolt vs pa guy P1: mysticism: autoace + 1d10 = 6 (6) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5) -2 multi action penalty
Damage: 6d6 = 23 (5, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5) raise damage 1d6 = 5 (5)


Teleport behind bad guy max distance of bolt.

Shoot bad guy with big bolt. Boom!

“I’m good Merl! Like badass entrance!”

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
Qoat hearing and feeling the explosion of a missile behind the Q-Mobile utters a curse. "By the Great and Powerful Qoz, I will feel their bones crunch under my wheels!" He reaches up and taps his band of mental communication to join in communion with the Q-Mobile (Telemechanics). Time to put these people on the rocks to feel my hard place! A second of mental silence. I am glad I didn't say that out loud., Qoat thinks as the Q-Mobile rolls forward (ACC/TS: 10/50 - now moving 10).

Spending a benny for extra effort.

Edited to put the Q-Mobile in motion.


Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Total: 8

Telepathy (Telemechanics) - Qoat's Band of Mental Communication
  • Rank: Novice
  • Power Points: 2
  • Range: Sight
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Psionics: 1d10 = 3 (3)
    Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
    Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4 (4)
    Total: 7
  • Effect: +4 to all computer/electronic checks. +4 to Driving rolls (has Ace edge already)

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Last edited by Qoat on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Vigor: 1d12 = 12 (12) Ace: 1d12 = 2 (2)wild: 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4) Total: 14


The missile makes a bee-line towards Timothy, seeing the impending doom Timothy attempts to zig and zag the missile. However it does him no good. Seeing the futility of his piloting he makes a decision. It's time to show why we will be Timothy's Terrors. Timothy flies towards the compound with the missile on his tail, he will stop in mid air and makes sure the one that fired at him as the missile flies straight and true into Timothy. The impending explosion would have everyone worried for him. Missile strikes are not something that even cyborgs can come away from unscathed. The smoke encumpases Timothy while a gentle breeze starts to move the smoke away from Timothy just hovering there, not a single scratch and a pissed off look.

OOC Comments
Intimidation: (1d4-2+2(smoke)+2(railgun)-2(Multi action) 1d4 = 1 (1) wild: 1d6 = 3 (3) extra effort: 1d6 = 4 (4)total:
7


Timothy pulls up his rail gun and opens fire on V21, V26, R8 and R4.

OOC Comments
(before any help from intimidate) Shooting: (V26) 1d10-2 = 8 (10) Ace: 1d10 = 9 (9) total: 19, (V21) 1d10-2 = -1 (1), R8 1d10-2 = 8 (10) Ace: 1d10 = 10 (10) Ace: 1d10 = 10 (10) Ace: 1d10 = 1 (1) total: 31, R4 Wild: 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
Damage V26: 2d8+4 = 8 (1, 3)+ 1d6 = 3 (3)Total: 11 damage AP: 6 R8: 2d8+4 = 13 (1, 8)+ 1d6 = 3 (3)total: 16 AP:6


Timothy shreds the sides of both buildings with his rail gun, the sounds of the automatic weapon echoing across the canyon, wood splintering in every conceivable way, the bandits jumping to the ground to avoid the weapon fire. Timothy is confidant that the far right bandit is not getting up from that barrage of flechette rounds, The powered armor pilots on the other hand are known to be more resilient. One just shrugs the rail gun and stands there, the second appears to have been damage. How extensive it is has yet to be seen.

"Surrender now!"

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Conditions
OOC Comments
Armor +10 +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)

He is moving fast x3 speed and is bouncing off things speed -2 to others trying to attack him and running is a free action


Sinder starts speeding along in a zig zag path toward the enemy, using the explosions and smoke as cover(18).

"Got to get closer so I don't burn the whole slums down."
He pulls out Sayeen's weapon, and wants to get close to go hand to hand. he doesn't want to cause undue atention to himself. Yea speeding along using natural cover and pinging of rocks. ( Maybe even the Q mobile and Timmy.)

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote

Damn it. So much for words. I swear Sayeen, words don’t work for me. I tried.

All the dice rolls
So run, climb/jump, all at -4. then arrive at P2 and strike twice at -4 each.


4 : Agility d12 Roll (( 1d12-4 = 4 (8)))

4 : Strength / Jumping d10 Roll (( 1d10-4 = 4 (8)))

6 added to Pace 16 : edited this bit, removed Auto Ace.... Running d10 Roll ((Pace 16 & Running d10 = 1d10 = 6 (6)-4= 12 ))

16 : Strike #1 with Sword at P2 ((Auto Ace 12 plus Fighting 1d12-4 = 4 (8))) ... Raise to Hit

33 Damage AP 2
STR (1d10) + 2d10
BURN 1d10
Raise on Hit 1d6
AP 2

4d10 = 15 (2, 2, 1, 10)
ace 1d10 = 10 (10)
ace 1d10 = 6 (6)
1d6 = 2 (2)

Split the Seconds / Strike 2

1d12 = 8 (8) -4
1d6 = 5 (5) EF bennie = 9 to hit

Damage
1d10 = 10 (10)
1d10 = 8 (8)
1d10 = 4 (4)

Ace
1d10 = 8 (8)

30 MD AP 2


1 Burn, 1 Bennie & 1 Auto Ace spent/removed for this Post.


The Juicer burns across the distance with blinding inhuman speed. Leaping over the fence altogether he lands, turns, moves to the closer Power Armor (P2) and strikes out with the Great ChainSaw Sword. A mighty blow rocks against the 1st Apoc Merc (33 MD AP2). Fell follows the ripping blade as he turns and jumps around in a complete circle then strikes out with the Great Fellblade again (P2), a powerful blow of (30 MD AP2) slams into the Power Armor Merc.

Turning to face the remaining Mercs in the compound Fell bellows:

”Drop your weapons immediately or die! I’m just getting started! Surrender now, we won’t kill you, keep fighting us and none of you will survive.”

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
From his position overlooking the compound, Sparkmort watches as everything goes to hell in nothing flat. Wow, that's quite the negotiating technique, Severin. The thought flashes through his mind has he pulls the trigger sending three long bursts as his intended target.

Shooting at P1, 1 hit, 14 Damage, AP 10, Intimidation 5
Shooting Die 1 1d10 = 1 (1)
Shooting Die 2 1d10 = 1 (1)
Shooting Die 3 1d10 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Medium Range -2 (negated by Armor Sensors)
Recoil -2 (negated by Steady Hands)
MAP -2 (Intimidation)
Damage 2d10+4 = 14 (5, 5) AP 10

Intimidation Die 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
MAP -2
Strong Willed +2
His target staggers under the impact from the one decent hit he had managed but he could tell he hadn't done any significant damage. Damn it. Nice shooting there, Sparky. Cranking his speakers to the max he thunders his challenge. "GIVE IT UP BOYS, YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED AND OUTGUNNED! DEAD OR ALIVE, IT DON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO ME."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Compound
Map
Image


Shoot Out At the 1st Apocalyptic Garage
Saul = KS
Striking the fear of earth burrowing dragons into the head of P2, Saul succeeds in getting him to look the other way. Although the threat of a real dragon nearby keeps him somewhat focused (P2 is -2 parry).

Cory = JS
Teleporting out into the field of battle, and narrowly missing the missile strike, Cory unleashes a powerful blast on the power armor pilot, who barely seems phased (Shaken). His armor might be a little tougher than average. Of course teleporting into the middle of a kill zone is also a bad idea, as a group of bandits open up on her from inside one of the buildings (H15). Two of them kick up dirt around her feet, while two others prove a little more accurate, hitting Cory square but having little effect (4, AP1 / 8 AP1).

Sinder = JD
From his position Sinder begins to move as fast as he can - which is darn fast with his new armor suit - toward the compound. For his trouble a group of bandits open up on him (R3) but hit mostly dirt, the one who does hit doesn’t do any real damage (4, AP1).

P3 = 10S
Bursting from his location, P3, doesn’t even hesitate to fire a mini-missile at Merl (hit with a raise, 19 AP6) before moving undercover at M8.

P2 = 9S
Keeping a wary on on Saul and Fell, P2 opens up with his light rail gun to get their heads down and keep them varmints off their property. Miraculously the hail of railgun rounds flies over their heads and misses both of them completely.

Fell = 9D
Oblivious to being shot at Fell makes his move. As he runs toward the fence a few pot shots from the remaining bandits pepper him with laser fire (V26) but the blazing juicer dances around it all.

Until a shot zings out from one of the buildings hitting Fell square in the head (17, AP2, shaken)! There’s a sniper out there somewhere!

OOC Comments
I assume you unshake


Shrugging off the blow Fell crashes over the fence, dives through the tiny window and slashes P2 in half. The remaining bandits in the room drop their guns immediately. However, outside the battle rages on.

Sparky = 8C
Sparky’s follow on blast after cory’s onslaught definitely has P1 worse for wear, but miraculously he is still standing. Despite being riddled with railgun rounds after being roasted with mystic fire.

Qoat = 7S
Gunning the engine Qoat charges the Q-Mobile toward the fight. For now, everyone is too busy with the circus inside the compound to shoot at him.

Tim = 6S
Shrugging off the missile strike like it never happened Timothy rains railgun fire down on the compound from on high. As his bullets hit home he realizes the buildings are made of more than steel and wood. In fact as he blows off the facade he can see that they are made of some heavy concrete. Unfortunately some of his bullets make it through the firing windows the bandits were using. Only problem is, Fell is in there! The juicer manages to avoid friendly fire but watches helplessly as the men who just surrendered are mowed down by rail gun fire.

Raking the second building, TImothy is pretty sure some of his shots got through killing at least one bandit. However, watches as a giant gout of flame erupts from one of the firing holes in the “R” building. The flames wash over him and, if he had pain receptors, would now doubt hurt (10 MD, AP 4).

P1 = 6H
Injured but not down, P1 does a jet assisted leap into cover behind a building (E23). As he soars through the air he sprays Merlaggon with his light rail gun. Injured and on the move, his aim is stupidly off and the bullets dance around Merlaggon but don’t actually hit him.

Merl = 4S
Before he can act, Merlaggon feels icy tendrils reach up from the ground and grab hold of his feet pulling him down to the ground (OOC: opposed agility roll vs. 12 or be fully entangled by ice - unable to move or use any skills linked to agility or strength). There is a spell caster out there somewhere!

Positions
P2 is dead
P1 is at E23 and under cover, only Merl currently has an angle on him
V26 bandits are dead
P3 is operational and at M8, behind Cory and she is the only one with a line on him
R4 bandits reduced in number but still operational
H15 are at full strength
There is a sniper, magic user, and possibly burster (burster is in R building) out there somewhere

Fell is at V21
Cory is at L11
Saul remains in his current position
Qoat and Sinder are one round away (thanks to Sinder’s speed boost)
Sparky remains at “long” range
Tim remains on station above the compound
Merl is potentially entangled at N27


Initiative
1st SET: AD
Cutthroats: 8S
Players act first

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:23 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Agility 5
Agility: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Result: 5 - Entangled with Caster getting a Raise. Additional -4 to escape.

Strength 13
Strength (1d12+6) at -4
Strength: 1d12+2 = 13 (11)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Result: 13 - Easily Free.

"Ice...ICE?!? You DARE to use ICE on me to try to keep me here? It might as well have been cobwebs. You better run and hide, Mage, because after these Power Armor guys, YOU are Next!"

With that, Merlaggon launches himself straight at the Power Armor, ending up in C-D 22-23, next to P1 and planning on tearing into him next round.

Where is that Mage? After I gut this guy in the Power Armor, I am going after him next!

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5 (3) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Action! Being shot at gives Cory some focus, but her tactical acumen is fair at best. She reacts on instinct, and for the pint sized mystic, that instinct is to rain fire down on any bad guys she can see. She's sort of lost track of her comrades, but she can see enough enemies to keep busy. Her mystic senses are alert for danger from the magic world.

Cory has several fiery options at her disposal, so she uses all of them!

A blast of fire in a spout from her hands launches towards the two in the building behind her, and another single powerful blast of a solar flare on the building to the north.

MULTI ACTION PENALTIES BE DAMNED
Detect Arcana (Free action): Mysticism 1d10-2 = 4 (6) Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)+ Extra Effort (Bennie) 1d6-2 = 2 (4) Total: 10 (shouldn't have include -2 multiaction on bennie)

Greater Burst at P3 and B on building: Mysticism Auto-Ace+ 1d10 = 9 (9) Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Damage (Cone template, Cory will move to be in range of both target groups): 3d12 = 15 (5, 1, 9) + Attack Raise 1d6 = 1 (1) Total 15 AP5

Onslaught at B at H15, or if she detects the mage, she will target him instead: Mysticism Auto-Ace+ 1d10 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Damage: 6d6 = 27 (5, 4, 6, 6, 2, 4) + Ace x2 2d6 (4, 6) +2nd Ace 1d6 = 4 (4) + Attack Raise 1d6 = 2 (2) Total 43 AP5

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/20 | ISP: 16/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Comments
OOC Comments
Armor +10 +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)

He is moving fast x3 speed and is bouncing off things speed -2 to others trying to attack him and running is a free action
Sinder starts speeding along in a zig zag path toward the enemy, using the explosions and smoke as cover(18).

Sinder adds the intangible (-5PP)


Pin Ball Wizard
Sinder goes streaking past things and continues his Zig Zags. He uses his suit to bring up Exualted Quickness, He uses the suits ability to go intangible to make sure he doesn’t get hit. (Can it go on and off, or is it always on?) “Well now is the time to test the suit.” He uses his ability to control the environment to make smoke in building (Mage Burster sniper) where he was getting shots from.

Spirit roll for Intangibility
1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild
1d6 = 2 (2)

Spending a Benny for a reroll
Spirit roll for Intangibility
1d10 = 4 (4)
Wild
1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice to find the sniper, the mage, and anyone else hidden.
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Result: 3

Claw
Wild Attack!!! Merlaggon will be using a Wild Attack on P1
Claw!!!
  • Fighting: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
    Extra Effort: 1d6 = 6 (6)
    Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
  • Result: 12 - Hit and Probable Raise.
  • Damage: 1d12+6 = 11 (5)+ 1d6 = 2 (2)(Raise)+ 3d6 = 15 (4, 5, 6)AP4+ 1d6 = 6 (6)(Ace)+ 1d6 = 1 (1)(Re-Ace)=33(35 with Raise) AP4.

With a roar, Merlaggon leaps on the Bandit in the power Armor, impaling him with his claws, right through the chest plate.

"Where are you, Mage... I am looking for you. YOU are next!"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
    -1 for Shaken Recovery vs. Bandits
    -1 for Extra Effort vs. PA Bandit
    -1 Given to Cory
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :10 / 7
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder seeing that the other side is loosing bad speeks up using the PA system, "Now would be a good time to surrender and live. Throw your weapons out."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
The Q-Mobile now in motion, zigzags it's way towards the edge of the compound in a basic effort of evasion. The light ion cannon up near the cab is pointed skyward ready to blast any wayward missiles headed it's way. In the cab, Qoat makes his next preparation, with one hand on the wheel, the ambidextrous Quick-Flex, taps the key pad on his Skill Calculator. "Time for fancy driving," Qoat mutters as he presses the Go button on the key pad.

Qoat feels the energy fill his body the connection between him and the vehicle that much more stronger; however, upon flicking his eyes back up to watch where he's going, something get's in his eye making him blink tears inside his cyclopean helmet.


Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 1 By Tim's Eyes! This is not the time.

Telepathy (Telemechanics) - Qoat's Band of Mental Communication - Round 2 of 3
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Effect: +4 to all computer/electronic checks. +4 to Driving rolls (has Ace edge already)

Boost Trait - Greater - Qoat's Skill Calculator
  • Rank: Novice
  • Power Points: 4
  • Range: Smarts x 2
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Psionics: 1d10 = 4 (4)
    Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
    Total: 4
  • Effect: Increase Driving by 2 die types, 4 die types with a raise Driving d8+4 > d12+4



Bennies: 2/3

Band of Mental Connection: 28/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 4 (2) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Timothy hovers there appreciating what happened, when he sees a mage and a sniper are involved. Sniper, I would expect. Mage not so much. Now, where is it? Stowing the rail gun and pulling out the JA-11 Timothy is scanning the area and horizon in all formats to locate the targets. If needed he will gain altitude. I haven't had to use this in a while.

If he locates either target he will relay the location to the team. "Target at the following location.". Timothy will shoot at the best target available, using MD rounds.

OOC Comments
Shooting: 1d10 = 7 (7) Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1) -2 MAP. Spend Bennie: extra effort. 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)Total:16
Damage: 3d6 = 8 (1, 2, 5)+ 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Off to a fine start. Saul grimaces at the ensuing battle. I have to wonder if these folks are our enemies. Saul stumbles and bumbles his way over to Fell and place his hand on Fell's head. " This may be disconcerting at first ole boy. But by the end you'll see things you wish you could unsee."
Action 1 of 2 cast exalted darksight on Fell
Psionics 1d10-2 = 6 (8) wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)

Fell's eyes disappear as he senses the world beyond sight no longer encumbered by the limitations of his eyes. Saul pats him on h back and stumbles over to a fallen injured foe. He kneels and recites an incantation that hopefully activates his armor's healing power,
"Wrap me up in me oil-skin and jumper
No more on the docks I’ll be seen
Just tell me old shipmates, I’m taking a trip mates
And I’ll see you some day in Fiddler’s Green"

Common you bastard you aren't gonna die on me today. Saul pours his heart into letting his inner strength loose hopefully making sure at least one foe doesn't die.
Action 2, heal a fallen foe spend 4 extra isp for a plus 2, 8 total
Psionics 1d10 = 1 (1) Wild 1d6 = 2 (2) Benny for reroll Psionics 1d10+2 = 8 (6) 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice Roll 10 TOTAL the see Sniper.
Shooting at Sniper 16 to hit. Damage: 20 MD AP 8
Shooting at P3 7 to hit. Damage: 8 MD AP 8

1d8+2 = 3 (1), wd 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)

Details:

Move to R20 (4 “) now outside - see sniper - fire at them - move towards H15 - on way see P3 - shoot at P3

Run at H15 on way see P3 (-2MaP this shot) - Stop at J15

Fire Grenade Launcher at Sniper and then P3: 3d8 AP 8

SNIPER Shooting 1d12 = 12 (12), Ace 1d12 = 4 (4), wd 1d6 = 3 (3)
Shooting at P3 1d12-2 = 5 (7), wd 1d6 = 2 (2)

Damage Rolls

Sniper: 3d8 = 16 (4, 5, 7) and 1d6 = 4 (4)


P3: 3d8 = 8 (2, 2, 4)

.



Fell raced out of the building he is in. Seeing Saul the Juicer grins, ”Dang Sniper out here mate!”

Looking towards the direction he knows the sniper has to be, suddenly the effects of Sauls “helping hand” takes effect.

His eyes vanish as his sight is now unencumbered by visual limitations. He literally feels what is around him, especially attuned to supernatural threats.

For a split second Fell’s stomach churns. Then he sees the sniper.

Pointing his rifle out at the sniper Fell fires a Armor Piercing grenade at the asshat.

Running across the distance he spies the other power armor goon and fires a grenade at him too.

Laughing like a mad man Fell smashes up against the building in front of him giggling.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
+2 Sensors
Dammit I'm too far out, I gotta close it up... With that thought Sparkmort hits his jump jets and rockets forward 40 yards down slope towards the compound. Flexing his legs to absorb the landing he skids a few feet before crunching to a stop, his gun snapping into firing position almost without his thinking about it and three more bursts hurtle downrange at the nearest available target.

Sparkmort pauses to scan the compound only to see Severin take a hit that should have killed him only to get up, plunge into the building where one of the Power Armor pukes were taking cover then come staggering out again only to take a pot shot at where the sniper evidently was hiding. Like that's anything new, he thinks with a snort, the bastard is still the most indestructible Juicer I've ever met.

Shooting
Shooting Die 1d10 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)

Shooting Die 1d10 = 9 (9)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

Shooting Die 1d10 = 8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

Modifiers
Known Modifiers: MAP -2, Recoil -2, Range Medium? -2 or Short? -0
Note: Sensors offset 2 points of Shooting penalties
Cover modifiers unknown but all targets seem to be under some sort of cover. Shots taken and nearest target of opportunity.

Damage for any successful attacks
Damage for (9) 2d10+4 = 23 (9, 10) + Ace 1d10 = 7 (7) = 30 AP 10
Damage for (8) 2d10+4 = 18 (5, 9) = 18 AP 10
Damage for (3) 2d10+4 = 11 (2, 5) = 11 AP 10

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Remember the Alamo
Seeing a spell lance out at Merlaggon, Cory is able to discern it came from the vicinity of the large northern building (G10). Wheeling around she unleashes a gout of fire that burns through building leaving a smoking hole where a wall used to be. If there was a mage on the other side they are likely ash by now.

Outside Sinder creates a smokehouse in the southwestern building, obscuring their vision but also make it hard to see anyone inside. Of course, the suspected burster would be unaffected by such a trick. He then turns intangible and passes into the compound.

Leaping across the compound Merlaggon swipes the Samson power armor, slicing open the man inside. He crumples into a heap, although for the moment, is still breathing raggedly.

With ridiculous speed and handling Qoat drives the ATV right through the fence, does a doughnut in the open court yard narrowly avoiding Cory and comes up ready to fire.

Shaking off a missile blow, Tim returns fire with his rail gun. His round blow huge chunks in the cleverly disguised megacrete structure, but it’s not clear if he hit anyone due to Sinder’s cloud of smoke.

Trying to minimize the damage, Saul gives Fell the ability to see past certain obstacles and detect the presence of supernatural evil...of which there is none. Then the Sea Inquisitor manages to successfully rouse one of the fallen bandits.

Moving with the speed only a juicer can muster, Fell hits the sniper with an impressive shot of his own, rattling the man on the roof can obviously wounding him. His shot against the power armor, while accurate, is less effective.

Not to be left out, Sparky rakes the northern most building with fire. Following into the hole made by Cory. His shots hit with alacrity and most likely mow down anyone inside. The building is riddled with holes and something inside is hissing smoke.

Coming up from the ground Sinder calls out for the bandits to surrender.

The sniper on the roof points to the horizon where a great cloud of dust is being raised - and heading toward the compound.

“We won’t surrender, but we’ll give yer shit back if we all live through that Simvan horde heading our way! You’ve blown up most of our defensive positions and cut down our fighting forces, even with our help and yours it’ll be a scrap.”

SitRep
Everyone is inside the compound. Most of the buildings are blown up or riddled with holes and provide almost no cover. The fence has a big opening from the Q-Mobile ripping in. A large horde of Simvan, likely those seen by Cory and Merlaggon earlier, are charging toward the compounding on Ostrasaurs and Rhino Buffalos.

They will be here in about 5 rounds. You can finish off the bandits and try to find the supplies and vamoose, join them in the fight, or some other option I haven’t considered yet.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 128
Reply with quote
With the cloud of dust billowing around the Q-Mobile, Qoat opens his helmet and wipes a way what was irritating his eyes, then looks out to see the cloud of smoke from the Simvan riding hard towards them. "The ion cannon, rail gun, and missile launcher could use a little loving care, I think," Qoat says over the radio as he unlocks the doors. He looks for a clear path to leave this rickety little outpost when the time comes. Letting them ride up and climb off their beasts seems like a bad idea, better to dissuade them from a distance, Qoat thinks. Look at me using 'dissuade' in a sentence! Q-Ma would be proud.

Q-Mobile Weapons
  • Light Ion Cannon
      Range: 30/60/120
      Damage: 3d8 AP 4
      ROF: 1
      Shots: Unlimited
      Mods: 2
      Notes: Small Burst Template
  • Light Rail Gun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 AP 10
      ROF: 3
      Shots: 45
      Mods: 3
  • Mini Missile Launcher
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 AP 6
      ROF: 1
      Shots: 12
      Mods: 1


Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 5

Telepathy (Telemechanics) - Qoat's Band of Mental Communication - Round 3 of 3
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Effect: +4 to all computer/electronic checks. +4 to Driving rolls (has Ace edge already)

Boost Trait - Greater - Qoat's Skill Calculator - Round 2 of 3
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Effect: Increase Driving by 2 die types, 4 die types with a raise Driving d8+4 > d12+4



Bennies: 2/3

Band of Mental Connection: 28/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 26/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 12
Notice Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1) Notice Die Ace 1d6 = 4 (4) +2 for PA Sensors


Think fast Sparky, shit is about to get real hot, real quick. What to do, what to do. Aw, screw it. I hope Severin doesn't mind me stepping on his toes a little. Sometimes fortune favors the bold or some such crap.

With that thought and a roar of jump jets Sparkmort leaps to the top of the building next to the sniper and assuming he doesn't do something stupid like try to shoot him, Sparkmort looks down at the Cutthroat menacingly as he makes his counter argument.

"I have a counter-proposal."

"You give these people their stuff back and we don't kill you."

"You drop your weapons and surrender and we don't kill you."

"Most importantly, comply with previously mentioned demands and we protect your from THEM." Sparkmort jabs a finger at the cloud of oncoming dust. "Tell me, what do you think they will do to you first? Kill you or eat you? Personally I'd say it's 50/50 at best."

Sparkmort casts his armored gaze across the compound at the other members of the Cutthroats. "I'm afraid I'm going to need an answer gentlemen, the clocks ticking and I'm not as patient or friendly as say our dragon friend over there. What's it going to be? You can surrender, you can die or you can have THEM over for dinner." Pointing once again to the approaching dust cloud. "Tick, tock."

Intimidation 9+situational modifiers
Intimidation 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Strong Willed
-1 bennie for extra effort 1d6 = 2 (2) + 2 for Elan
Personally I think I should get at least another +2 for being in 3 meters of power armor and at least theoretically backed up by a dragon and a cyborg.
Just sayin.

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Bennies 2 of 5

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 44
Rocket Launchers: Right (4) / Left (4)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck - +1 Bennie per session (5 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote



    Looking out at the large horde of Simvan riders approaching the area Fell sighs. Glancing around at the remains of the compound and structures that the SET is by he grunts. Trapped. Unless we do the unexpected.

    "Timothy. Keep our team here. Help Sparky resolve the issues here. XO you have the comm. I am going out to speak with the Simvan horde. I order you all to stay here, prepare for battle and keep these mooks under control. Get our supplies back. Dig in, be ready, there are a LOT of them. More than we are going to want to fight..."

    Looking over at Cory the old looking Juicer blows her a kiss. Switching to a private comm he says to her:

    "I hope you find all you deserve. I am sorry my heart gave you trouble. Listen to Tim but do not compromise your values. I louh..ve this job. Be right back."

    The Juicer walks outward to greet the Simvan as everyone else heads inward.

    With weapons slung across his back Severin Fell makes his way outward to intercept the Simvan Monster Riders.

    Calling out to the mass of monster riders the Juicer says:

    "Hold on there you guys. I am Sergeant Severin Fell of the 1st SET, of the Legion! Which of you is leader?"

    The closer Fell gets to the Simvan the more time slows down for him as his harness pumps chemicals into his system.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 6 (4) Ace: 1d4 = 3 (3)wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Timothy hangs in the air looking at the chaos that the team has wrought upon the compound, himself included. And it goes from bad to worse. Simvan. All of these assholes just need to die. And Fell just can't just let us do our jobs. Suicidal son of a bitch. "Don't do anything stupid. Merl, Sinder, Cory. Hold your position. Q get ready to grab the supplies and people, and bug out. Stay frosty everyone." Timothy ends the radio message and ensures his rail gun has a fresh clip in it.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Saul tosses his hat to Fell. " Make sure I get it back boyo. There is a translator in the top of it, it might help you if those Sims don't speak juicer." Saul chuckles a bit at his own joke. Well might as well see if anyone is aliave. Saul tries to get someplace central and focuses on the healing power within his armor snd tries to extend it out to as many folks nearby.
Mass Healing, everyone in 100ft gets 1 wound back
psionics 1d10-2 = 6 (8) wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
He looks at a few of the cutthroats he may have saved. " You have 15 seconds to get the healing baubles into our vehicle.". He tosses his cred stick to a cutthroat, " 900 creds, I am a man of my word. Realize if you don't move the supplies into our vehicle we will have at least 12 seconds to prepare your bodies in an artistic display that even the most intellectually challenged simvan would appreciate... My hope is now that we have paid you it will not come to that." Satisfied, Saul awkwardly clambers over the rocks to the Q-mobile. It takes Saul a few times to open the door, but he manages it and steps in.
" Good day Qoat, hopefully we will have some of those cutthroats load in the med supplies. But it sounds like you need someone on the missiles. Never fired one before, an occational cannon to be sure, even a technowiz cannon. But a missile has always look fun. Do I sit over here?" Saul smiles from ear to ear.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8, Toughness 16(6)
Active powers: greater deflection(-4 to hit)
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Powers and ISP: 30/7
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
-1 trick
-1 heal


Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder goes up to the building with smoke coming out and gets near a wall and speaks into it, "You heard us people. Time to come out with the dead and wouded. We will take care of the wounds as best we can. And as you say if we survive we will get you out of here."

"I hope they make up their minds quick like. The Sims don't need to get hurt, and We don't either."
Sinder is moving constantly looking for better cover from both sides.

Sinder remembers his hover. And will try to sneak over to get it if time permits.

"Hey if there is a burster in there, come on out we might have to work together for everyone to survive this event."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote
Saul wrote:
Saul tosses his hat to Fell. " Make sure I get it back boyo. There is a translator in the top of it, it might help you if those Sims don't speak juicer." Saul chuckles a bit at his own joke.


Fell catches the fine hat and bows to Saul. Placing it a top his head the Juicer smiles.

"Thankya Saul. I intend to return. That horde of Simvan just needs an opportunity to not be destroyed by us. I've spent a little time around these fellas in the past. I'll try talking a mixture of Juicy Simvan at them."

Picking up his Pace Fell heads out to the Simvan.

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Compound
Map
Image


Lots of Yelling, Not Much Conversation
As the sniper, who the group logically concludes is Liam Walker, the main suspect in the medical supplies heist and the leader of the Cutthroats. Walker, and his men, are appreciative of Saul’s healing but get mixed messages from the rest of the SET. Pointing out to the horizon Walker sighs, “Listen, I thought you legion types were good guys. You’re going to leave us here for dead while that hoard chows down on our livers, fine. But who do you think they’ll eat next? That’s right, all the people round these parts who rely on the Calvary for protection. You may not like me and mine, but if those riders get by us then they’ll be feasting on the bones of innocent villagers for miles around. So, kill us, leave us. Whatever. Take your shit with you. It’ll be more than our blood on your hands,” his voice drips with disdain as he adds, “Something you don’t seem to mind too much.”

While Walker is talking the Cutthroats begin to emerge from the nearby buildings. Mostly a group of bandits and low lives, a few of them stand out. Most of them are injured, but thanks to Saul, are at least in serviceable condition. However, more serious medical treatment is needed for the power armor pilot they call Carson.

Image

Hoard
We are talking hundreds of riders here. Remember, the warriors are formidable but their dinos and Rhino Buffalo are also the equivalent of PAs and vehicles.


And then the Juicer Did What?
The the negotiations for surrender drone on, Fell dons Saul’s linguistic cap and saunters (at the speed of a juicer) toward the herd of Simvan Monster Riders, meeting them well before they reach the compound. The lead rider stops only a few inches away from Fell, while the rest ride on surrounding him with carnivorous dinosaurs. Completely encircled, the juicer keeps his composure and asks to talk to the leader, a massive specimen wearing armor made of bones - something of them human looking - makes his way toward the juicer.

“Have you come to save your puny friends by single combat? Don’t waste your time, I do not like juicer hearts. Too many hormones - like your human beef cattle.”

His organic beef jokes garners a few chuckles from the surrounding warriors.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 296
Reply with quote


    Looking up at the obnoxious Simvan leader Fell smiles, "Your idea bub. If you think you can take me in single combat, I dare you to try. You'd all be better off simply leaving. The crew back there behind me, that's a Legion crew. My dragon is itching to show me how powerful he is too. Listen, go away. Or if you won't be reasonable...your idea, you and me, one on one. I mean if you are brave enough. If you need all your strong warriors to help you fight just me...sure, but I'd think you would want to show your warriors how awesome you are by taking me on alone. So...you leaving or going to step off that dino and go toe to toe with me?"

    Standing at the ready the Juicer feels his chems kick in and does his best to hold on for an answer. He shows a big smile under his new hat and chuckles. No fear. Only confidence. Fell's hand rests on the massive ChainSaw Swords hilt. The tip of the blade points down at the rocky ground. Fell is ready.



OOC Comments
The following took place on Hangouts between VV and Fell (Daniel).



    Stepping off his mount, the large Simvan Leader scoffs at the puny Juicer. With hundreds of Simvan Monster Riders standing behind the leader, the leader takes a step closer to the Juicer.

      Initiative:
    • card draw for Fell: 3 (Quick is active)
    • Draw again: 7
    • Card draw for Simvan: 9


    The Simvan looks like he might say something, then suddenly strikes out at the Juicer. He has a bone sword (Str+d10, AP 4, just like a vibro sword, His fighting is d12...here we go).

      Venatus rolls 1d12 and gets 5. (Parry 9 -- Toughness, Modified Juicer Plate 19 (8) Note Juicer Reflexes make others -2 to hit them).


    Fell side steps the blow, dirty bastard, and strikes out with his own sword.

      Daniel rolls d12 and gets 2.


    Fell grunts at his sloppy miss. The seasoned Simvan warrior is easily able to parry Fell's blow.

      (Simvan's Parry is a 8). (Fell has Split the Seconds)


    Fast as Fast can be, and that's Fast when you are a juicer, even an old one. Fell spins the blade again.

      Daniel rolls d12 and gets 11. Simvan Toughness 15 (6). Fell’s Damage Great ChainSaw Str (d10) + 2d10 AP 2:
      Daniel rolls 3d10 and gets 23. [ 10 10 3 ] 2 ACE’s on Damage.
      Daniel rolls 2d10 and gets 17. [ 8 9 ] Total is 40 MD AP2


    The massive two handed Fellblade cuts violently down onto the large monster rider, blood erupts and gore flies.

      7 wounds, I'll try it: soak
      Venatus rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

      WC benny
      Venatus rolls 1d10 and gets 1.

      last wild card benny
      Venatus rolls 1d10 and gets 9.
      soaks 2 = still no ace...so 6 wounds
      death and defeat table, Venatus rolls 1d20 and gets 11.


    The Simvans eyes roll back into his skull as the monster tips over.

      Coma: Though the hero somehow survived, he’s in a deep coma on top of all of
      his injuries (roll for a Permanent Injury on the Injury Table in Savage Worlds).
      He’s out for 1d6 days minimum; after that, he makes a Vigor roll each day to
      wake up, applying any wound penalties (unless someone’s used Healing of
      some kind to mend his injuries). He wakes up Exhausted (see below).


    As the Simvan drops from the impact of Fell's cut, Fell slices out one last time, decapitating the Simvan.

      Daniel rolls d12 and gets 9. Finishing move, so it was slice (miss) slice (hit) slice (hit)


    Fell laughs a loud and raises his bloody sword high and holds the Simvan Leaders head up too in his other hand.

    "I AM FELL! All fall before me! Hahhahaha... Leave or you all will be headless."

    Looking out at the hundreds Fell's face takes a stern look.

    "Go".

    Silence after, the action was over so fast it takes a moment to realize the two even fought.

    For a moment the rest of the Simvan looked, stunned...then...

_________________
Fell was my original Character. I now play Drake. Fell (Juicer)


Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 116
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Fast time at First Calvary High
As the First Cavalry crawls out of the battered bunkers.

Sinder is moving so fast he doesn’t think the spell might have affected how he is speaking or how he sees everyone else.

The others, everyone else, they are moving in slow motion. as he sees the First Calvery start to climb out fro the battered bunkers, “Flamola they look like they have been chewed up and spit out.” He tries to get the group moving, “Hey get the First Calvary up on the Q mobile. Take care of their wounded, we need to get them out of here ASAP.“

He looks to Tim, but thinks “Tim needs prodding.”Timothy, should we get everyone moving and out of here? These people will never be able to stand up to the Simvans.”
He doesn’t wait for Tim to respond instead he heads over to the bunker where he sees some beautiful ladies climbing out. He helps them get out quickly, “Hello, my name is Sinder, I’m the First SET’s resident Hotfoot. I Hope you are OK, but my friends should be able to help you. You’re the Hot One right. We might need your help to make a smoke screen up on the Q mobile. If things get serious here.”
Sinder wonder why she looks at him so strange he doesn’t realized that he was talking so fast the she might have only understood a few words out of his quick speech.

OOC Comments
Using the card 4 Love Interest


He moves over to Tim again, “Going to get my ride, be back.” He waits a long time for Tim to respond. (less than half a second) He then runs full speed to the location he hid the Hovercycle. He puts the part on it starts it up, lights the Afterburner and meets the other in the compound.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies:

Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound
46 Renown
36 Power Surge
4 Love Interest USed

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Common Knowledge of Simvan. (I hope) 1d6 = 3 (3) Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Timothy is hovering there observing the action. Even a full platoon would have problems with handling a force this size. Seeing Fell walk right into the middle of the horde surprises That man does have a death wish, and it's over. not surprised.

Sinder comes up to Timothy.
Quote:
“Timothy, should we get everyone moving and out of here? These people will never be able to stand up to the Simvans.”
While keeping his eyes on the Simvan horde, "Simmer down. Get everyone to the Q Mobile, Have Merl carry anyone who can't get in the ATV. Be ready to bug out."

Timothy will click on his radio. "Q, be ready to bug out. Load up everyone you can. If they can not fit in the ATV, Merl carry them. If I give the order to bug out, everyone is to leave immediately. Do not stop until you get back to the caravan. Your next objective is the Indian city we just came from. Do not stop under any circumstance. If I give the Bug out order, Q is in charge."

Timothy will change over to broadcast to both Q and Fell. "Q, Your orders are to return to the Indian city. Once there, you will contact HQ for reinforcements. You will need more supplies and more personnel. How you attack this horde is up to you and command. Hit and run tactics could work, as well as a full scale military campaign. Do not. I repeat Do Not stop for anything. When you get to caravan, get the civilians inline and get them out of here. Fell and I will hold this horde back for as long as we can or 24 hours, whichever comes first."

Timothy resorts his weapons, to ensure he has is rail-gun and his chain sword readily available. While he is changing out his gear, Timothy will contact Merl and Cory. "Merl and Cory, you two are backup transport. If anyone can't fit or there is not enough room in the ATV, grab them, carry them do whatever it takes to get them out of here alive. Cory, use any magic you can to help out the convoy as you guys bug out back to the Indian town. Once there, convince them to help out with contacting HQ, and with the hunt of the Horde. Merl, protect everyone. Your sole job is to make sure everyone makes it there alive. Both of you, if Q gives you an order. Follow it. He's the boss."

Timothy changes the radio to Sinder, Saul and Sparky. "Sinder, Saul, and Sparky. You guys makes things happen. If Q tells you do do something,
do it two seconds ago. If there is trouble with the Civies, solve it and get them moving. Sparky, welcome to the team. Time to get to work."


Timothy readies his next radio transmission. A burst transmission open for all to hear. At the same time, ready to fly into the horde with Fell to allow the team time to get out of the area.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 916
Reply with quote
Mass Battle Conditions
Since this looks like it may go to a Mass Battle:

Tokens:
    Simvan - 10 tokens
    1st SET (5) & Cut Throats (2) - 7 Tokens
    Result: +3 for simvan/-3 for heroes

Skill:
    Simvan Leader is dead, K/Battle drops to d6
    Walker has K/Battle at d8

Modifers
    Heroes have +1 due to special equipment (PA/Railguns/Arcane Users)
    Simvan have -1 due to disarray from the death of their leader: -1
    Simvan have +1 due to wide open terrain
    Result: 0 for Simvan / +1 for heroes

Total: +3 for Simvan/-2 for heroes

Note: Would have been an even fight (tokens) with a cover modifier (compound) if the fight with the cut throats could have been avoided

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.