View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:15 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ] 
 Mission 5: Silverno 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1282
Parade!
When the convoy enters Silverno, the streets are lined with cheering people. While they are certainly happy to see the convoy they also look tired, cold, and scared. It doesn't take long before the group is met by the town's leadership, a small four person council led by the Mayor - Gwen Severson. Intel says she is a 45 year old woman, but this raven haired beauty doesn't look a day over 30. According to the file, she has been mayor for the last 12 years and has led the town to prosperity and peace. When she talks, everyone feels like they are the only person there, she's quite magnanimous.

"We sure are glad to see you folks. Ever since the Simvan teamed up with the demons trade has come to a standstill. No caravan's or traders have been able to get through for weeks. Whatever you got we can buy, and pay in silver!"

She takes the time to shake each person's hand and personally welcome them to Silverno. Walcott returns the pleasantries and sets the group in the rooms above the Trail's End Saloon. She suggests everyone meet up in the bar later to figure out what to do while trade negotiations are going on. The Trail's End is the most popular saloon in town. Like most saloons, it comes complete with a small inn upstairs and has many shows and games to pass the time away. Because of the general caliber of people in Silvereno, the Trail's End tends to be a pretty friendly, laid back bar, with few serious fights or altercations. Prices are a bit higher than elsewhere because it's so safe and popular.

The bartender is an ex-wilderness scout and amateur prospector known only as "Buck." He is a 53 year old human who claims to have "seen it all." If he can be believed, Buck once scouted for the Coalition Army, was partners with a Cyber- Knight named Sir Richard Vandaveer, killed the notorious bandit Black Marvin (he disappeared 25 years ago), lived at Tolkeen (17 years ago), battled Xiticix, rode with the Saber Warriors in the Pecos Empire (when he was a young'en), and has been a scout, mercenary, prospector, trapper, saddle tramp, and now, lives the quiet life of a barkeep. Buck stands about six feet tall, has a bionic right arm, and has a weathered look about him. Although a bit gruff, down to earth and a braggart, Buck has a certain charm about him.

What Now?[/ooc
You've got a night on the town.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:12 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Sinder tired and worn, is grateful when he sees the town of Silverado, “We made it, great balls of fire.”
He is really excited about the crowd’s reaction but he is tired, he just nods and waves a little.
"I Know a Guy Edge"
+2 to checks
1d4+2 = 6 (4) 1d4+2 = 6 (4) 1d4+2 = 5 (3) total 17
wild die 1d6 = 4 (4)
He eventually lands close to the group and looks around. He hears the Mayor’s speech. But what is going through his mind is, “Warm meal, hot bath and a clean bed that is what I need now.”
He will park it where they direct the others to park, he makes sure his hover gets a recharge. Then walks to his hotel eager for that Bath. Sinder must have spent a hour in the bath, he shaves a bit here and there but leaves his beared on before he gets out all wrinkled shined.

Eventually he heads down the stairs to where everyone is meeting.
He listens to the Buck and his tales.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Last edited by Sinder on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 147
For Qoat pulling into town is a relief, the cheers of the people are welcomed. He waves from the cab of the Q-Mobile.

He parks the ATV and everyone unloads their stuff. He goes to his room and takes a bath. Soaking in the tub almost a sleep, he hears a knock at the door. The Quick-Flex gets out of the tub, and wrapped in a towel, opens the door to find Walcott standing there.

"Ma'am fancy meeting you here," he says.

"Qoat, I am not sure what your are thinking as to why I am here, but that's not it," She says firmly, still with a bit of grin. "You've got a mission. We've made it here to Silvereno, but we need to get word back to the Refuge about the demon activity that we've encountered. We couldn't have done it without the 1st's help, and in no large part your success to keep the convoy functional. I am reassigning you to courier duty. Tell Hernandez that you are headed back."

Qoat looks at the woman. Back through that mess, is she crazy? No, Hammerhart needs to know. "Alright," he says laconically, not sure what else to tell the woman.

He gets dressed and finds his commander. "Chief, new orders for me. Walcott is sending me back to the refuge with messages. We are parting ways for now. Good luck!" The Quick-Flex holds out his hand to shake the cyborg's huge metal one. He turns and walks away, putting his helmet on without looking back.

He finds the other troops going with him that Walcott has assigned, "Get in." He jumps into the cab and the rumble of the mighty nuclear engine begins to vibrate the vehicle. He puts it in gear and pulls out of town, heading east to Castle Refuge....

FIN

(Now to work on a new character.)

_________________
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Sparkmort strides into Silvereno along with the rest of the convoy. His eyes bleary from the lack of sleep he still can't but help and grin at the sight of the town's welcome. From his elevated position inside his armor he has a good view of the cheering crowd and he raises both arms and waves at each side of the street. The crowd energizes him and follows the convoy in a good mood until they stop at the rendezvous point. Finding an unused corner of the secure storage area Sparkmort unseals the armor and clamors down the access ladder.

Returning outside he notices that Quot is offloading the Q-Mobile and so he makes sure the workers know to move his storage locker in next to his armor for safe keeping only stopping them to pull his pack out before heading off to a well deserved shower and a meal. And a drink, definitely a drink. An hour later Sparkmort is clean and refreshed and looking for a party. Coming out of the hotel he is just in time to see the Q-Mobile driving off into the distance. Where the Hell is he going??? But once he checks to see that his gear is safely stowed he puts the matter out of his mind. Not my problem. Let's see if this place has a decent bar. With that he turns around and heads back into the building to give the Trail's End Saloon his expert appraisal.

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:07 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Qoat wrote:
For Qoat pulling into town is a relief, the cheers of the people are welcomed. He waves from the cab of the Q-Mobile.

He parks the ATV and everyone unloads their stuff. He goes to his room and takes a bath. Soaking in the tub almost a sleep, he hears a knock at the door. The Quick-Flex gets out of the tub, and wrapped in a towel, opens the door to find Walcott standing there.

"Ma'am fancy meeting you here," he says.

"Qoat, I am not sure what your are thinking as to why I am here, but that's not it," She says firmly, still with a bit of grin. "You've got a mission. We've made it here to Silvereno, but we need to get word back to the Refuge about the demon activity that we've encountered. We couldn't have done it without the 1st's help, and in no large part your success to keep the convoy functional. I am reassigning you to courier duty. Tell Hernandez that you are headed back."

Qoat looks at the woman. Back through that mess, is she crazy? No, Hammerhart needs to know. "Alright," he says laconically, not sure what else to tell the woman.

He gets dressed and finds his commander. "Chief, new orders for me. Walcott is sending me back to the refuge with messages. We are parting ways for now. Good luck!" The Quick-Flex holds out his hand to shake the cyborg's huge metal one. He turns and walks away, putting his helmet on without looking back.

He finds the other troops going with him that Walcott has assigned, "Get in." He jumps into the cab and the rumble of the mighty nuclear engine begins to vibrate the vehicle. He puts it in gear and pulls out of town, heading east to Castle Refuge....

FIN

(Now to work on a new character.)


Saul grasps the egmatic quick-flex on the shoulder, " Good speed Qoat. For what it is worth I will miss you. Had we been on the high seas with a fair wind at our backs, I would that we could have traveled all seven together and back again." The little girl clinging to Saul's left leg half hidden winks devilishly at Qoat and giggles. As Q pulls away Saul pats little Sara gently on the head, " I owe him twice over, never a more brave and selfless person I have met. He will be missed."
The little girl softly whispers, " More than you can imagine..."

Saul wipes his face with a hankercheif, Well it seems a night on the town is in order. What about that Trail's end place I heard about?

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
A night on the town. That is an unwanted break, but from what exactly Cory doesn’t know. Her confusion has abated somewhat as she has tried to refocus on her mystic duality. It is amazing how much more balance she felt learning that her powers could be used for healing and contribute to the success of her team.

She also realized that her imbalance was due to her confused emotions. Cory had a full, happy—even if filled with angst—and then she lost it all. She found solace in Sun and Moon only after that, spurning anything but the most passing human relationships.

That was the second lesson she learned from Sun and Moon. Losing Sayeen, losing Lail and losing Fell had only reinforced her isolation, and the reason for it. She’d lost enough people close to her. But healing instead of killing had taught her that life and death are not good and bad, not opposites. Just like Sun and Moon the are two necessary halves.

That still didn’t make her want to hang out and socialize. That might not be part of her personality. Or that might be another excuse to not get involved. Whatever. She can only go so far.

Cory puts in enough time with the team to at least look like she cares enough to pretend to care. And then Q. She never talked to him much, he didn’t talk to her much. That was fine. He was however one of the nice guys on the team. A level head. Maybe Cory should have talked to him more.

Nevetheless, him leaving now is two parts betrayal and one part “I knew it would happen”. She forces herself to be nice though. Everyone has their own path. Cory gives him a hug. She says, “You are a good guy, I’ll miss having you here.” Despite her pleasant goodbye she stalks away into the night, strolling through town until she finds a park, church, temple or other meditative space.

Late into the night she spends in prayer and meditation. She’s not asking for forgiveness or guidance. She is just looking for the comfort of the known, comfort in the permanent.

In the morning, she’s nice to Tim. She gives Merl a big hug and tells him how glad she is to have him around. She says a grumpy good morning to everyone else. That is a huge step up from sullen silence.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Quote:
"Chief, new orders for me. Walcott is sending me back to the refuge with messages. We are parting ways for now. Good luck!"


Timothy receives the news with stoic calculation. "Walcott said so? Give me a few minutes to prepare a report for HQ." After 20 minutes, Timothy meets up with Qoat at the Q mobile. "Here are two files. One is for HQ, the second is for my Uncle in Merc Town. Please make sure both arrive. Dammit Q, now whos going to fix my eyes? Be safe out there. The demons are out in force, don't stop for anyone. Make sure you get there alive. If you don't follow any of my orders, follow this one." Timothy will send Q off. Once he's away, Timothy will go see Walcott.

"Mrs. Walcott. We need to talk. You are in charge of the mission and your workers. The 1st SET is my responsibility. Any and all orders have to go through me first. Don't screw with my team." He doesn't really let her respond. Timothy turns around and walks right out of the door.

Afterwards, Timothy finds a cyber mechanic to get a deep clean performed on himself. "Hey, it's been a rough week, I need a good deep clean. Can you help me out?"

After the deep clean, Timothy feels as good as new. I needed that so much. Once he sees Cory with a cheerful mod, it reinforces his mood as well. "Feeling better? I know it's been a long couple of weeks. Take some time out for yourself, you earned it. If you need anything, i'll be getting a drink and trying to unwind myself. Catch some vids. While i'm thinking of it," Timothy activates his radio. "All 1st, It's official, Q has been sent back to HQ to relay what we encountered. Fortunatly, we made it to our next destination. Take some time off, you have earned it. When we have our next mission, either me or Cory will get a hold of you guys. Enjoy yourselves. That's an order."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul and little Sara try to get a table at the Trail's End. A rowdy patron, probably a cs soldier under cover of course, nearly knocks Saul's hat off but Sara scampers arround making sure it stays on his head. Saul laughs and pats the under cover officer on the shoulder. " Hey there officer I am from the tomorrow legion, can I buy you a drink?" Saul catches the attention of the sever and she fetches another drink for the parched officer. When Saul sees Sparky come in he waves Sparky over and hands him a glass of whats good.
" Sparky, here a glass of cold and old, Buck seems to say it has been aged for ten years before pouring." Saul looks at his drink, its amber color seems to swirl as if a memory trapped in the glass. " Doesn't taste like the engine degreaser we used to drink on the Crazy Ivan." Saul looks to Sinder and Buck at their cozy table. " Buck here was telling us about an old cyber knight friend and some freaky bugs. Join us!"

After the story Saul gets his drink refreshed by little Sara who seems to have caught on remarkably fast. Saul nods and looks at his two compatriots. One of the ferciest gnomes, heck the only gnome I have ever met, and a hot head burster who seems to have a lady friend everywhere we go., " So gents how did you end up joining the legion?"
Saul listens with rapt attention while Sara slinks arround the table refreshing drinks. At the question Sara chirps laughing, and Saul looks at Sparky with a grin, " Oh, my appologies Sparky, Sara is right. How did you become a bounty hunter?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
When Saul ask about the how of joining the Legion Sinder quickly pipes in, "Well for me several of reason, I get to exercise my fire. Bursters are always itchy to throw the flames and heat things up. In a civilized world I think we would go bat shit crazy. So, adventuring life for me was a given. Next it is kind of in the blood to travel. My Mother and Father are big travelers. I usually hung out with them on their trips." He downs his glass and motions for another. “Then there are the two P’s, people and places. you meet some real interesting people, like Buck. And the places are so, well some of them are out of this world or Dimension.”

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Sparky takes a pull on the offered drink and nods appreciatively. Not bad. He smiles indulgently as Sinder narrates the tale of how he ended up with the Legion. "I can understand that lad. I love me Titan Gnome and it is one of the reasons I'm out here myself. At the end of the day though I can take it off and just be regular ol' me. Not sure how I'd feel about being three meters of walking death 24/7."

A passing lady catches Sparkmort's eye for a moment before his attention is drawn back to his companions and Saul's question about his own history. He shrugs and finishes his drink before replying. "Well, once upon a time I ran security for my family's business in Stormspire. My Titan Gnome was a prototype for power armor designed for smaller races. They were eventually going to produce some TW versions but not having any sort of magical talent I never was much interested in that project. A bit of a disappointment in that area I was." Sparkmort grins sheepishly and continues.

"Anyway, I had a friend, my best friend really, who happened to be a Juicer on his last legs and around that time the news about a cure came out from Newtown so we resigned from the company and headed down there. Well, I suppose you know how THAT turned out. Afterwards I didn't want to go back to working security and Newtown had left a bad taste in my mouth about the sad state civilization was in. I had this badass suit of armor and a realization that there were a lot of people out in the world that needed some protection. So we decided to become bounty hunters. Really, the bounties were never all that important. Once we took out a pack of bandits harassing some farming communities for a month's worth of room and board. As long as we could buy ammo and keep the Titan Gnome maintained I was happy. And there weren't many bandits that could hold a candle to a gnome in power armor. Also, I'm not one for authority or taking orders so working freelance was a good fit for me."

Sparkmort grimaces at his empty glass and waves at the bartender for a refill. "I suppose it was a bit of good luck on my part that you folks happened along when you did. Those 1st Cav jackasses were a bit better armed than most and it is remotely possible that I might have bitten off more than I could chew on that one. So here I am." he finishes and grins at his companions and at his fresh drink.

Taking another swig Sparkmort asks a question of his own, "So how does a Sea Inquisitor end up in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. Not that I know much of your type. Never had much of an interest in the ocean or water in general for that matter."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:50 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul listens in rap attention to his two companions open up and share their stories. Of Sinder Saul comments" I get the desire of wanderlust, or to have a great ocean at your beck and call. I would imagine many would seek your services or like our friend Sparky here you could have struck out on your own. I just find it interesting the Tomorrow Legion is where you ended up."

For sparky he nods and chimes in, " Yes Newtown, I only heard bits and peices. That was where the Juicer uprising started from yes? You have a good heart, and I see now that the bounties were only a means for survival. Like us you care about the world and the shape in which we leave it."

Saul, when asked the question about how he ended up here he smiles takes a sip lf his timely refilled drink and begins his tale...
" Out in the big blue, I was a ships boatswain's mate aboard a fast sky ship sailing the leylines in the Atlantic. Ever since I was a kid, I have had nightmares of something that dwells deep in the ocean." Saul's voice grows grim and dim as he continues abet darkly, " The Lord of the Deep, we call him. I do not know how or why he calls to us, but in our dreams and sometimes our wakimg moments he does. He send agents to coral us, and is a contant reminder of how close we are to slipping unto evil." Sara pats Saul gently sensing his troubled mind. Saul smiles and continues with a bit more of a smile, " How did I actually arrive here? As silly as it sounds, I was swabbing the deck and the ship lurched, out I tumbled into the turblent mistress. I sunk like a stone and came face to face with the Lord of the Deep. All sea inquisitors have a similiar experience. It is there in the crucible our will is either forged into a servant of darkness or a weapon against supernatural evil." Saul takes another long drink and caughs, " I must have been rifted to someplace near castle refuge. I found myself in a refugee camp fleeing the war torn city state of Tolkien. They heard a voice on a radio, calling himself Becon. He guided us to the castle and I protected the refugees. A couple months later I am out in the wild sent to join the 1st set. The rest you pretty much know as getting the medical supplies back was my first action with them. I had heard a lot of good things about Fell And I hope I can do his memory justice." Saul looks down at his glass seemly bewildered that it is full again. He sips it some as Beck launches into another facinating tale.

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
.
Quote:
"All 1st, It's official, Q has been sent back to HQ to relay what we encountered. Fortunatly, we made it to our next destination. Take some time off, you have earned it. When we have our next mission, either me or Cory will get a hold of you guys. Enjoy yourselves. That's an order."


When Sinder hears that he thinks half heartedly, "Opps, I guess I should have waited? Na, Tim will get over it, we just started Partying before the order. Nothing new for the First." Sinder is kinda sad that Qoat has a mission and won't be around. So he Speaks up, "Ladies and gentlemen and those others, a toast to our Fallen, Sayeen, Lail, Fell , and others brave fellows that have died at our side fighting the good fight. May they forever protect the first and their friends. Next to those that are late to the party, may they be arriving soon so they can catch up. Finally to anyone we misssed, here is to you, this includes the Buck, Bartender, Staff and the Ladies."

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1282
A Night Out
As the team settles in at the Trail's End Saloon, they have a great send off for Qoat. Meanwhile, Sinder asks around a bit and realizes he does know someone in town - a fella by the name of Gene Quartermane, a world traveller and wealthy gambler who hangs around at the Silver Dollar Saloon down the street. In fact, it become readily apparent that Silverno has a lot of saloons! A strip of them in the middle of town: Trail's End, Silver Dollar, The Shaft, and The Lucky Lady, to name a few.

Most people are happy to see the 1st SET. The flow of visitors to Silverno has greatly diminished since the demon attacks have increased. And now, most folks stay inside as a the Simvan have been raiding looking to capture people, maybe for food maybe for some other demonic purpose. Nonetheless, most decent folk stay indoors!

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
Rod had been staying at the Trails End Saloon the last few times he'd been in town, but cash had been running low so he'd been sleeping in his bot at night, and spending his days in the bar listening to gossip and trying to find a lead to his next gig. He'd finished his contract job escorting a caravan back from the Barony of Hope, but new jobs were becoming slim pickings between the Simvan and Demon hordes disrupting trade. It was big news when the Tomorrow Legion showed up. Lots of conversation about one of their teams, the 1st Set. Maybe these guys are looking to recruit, might be my next meal ticket, Rod thinks. He walks down to the bar and buys a steak sandwich, a bottle of whiskey and a beer, along with a half dozen extra shot glasses.

He finds an empty table and puts down his items. He takes a sip of the beer and then arranges the whiskey and empty shot glasses upside down in a neat row. He eats his lunch, then kicks up his legs up and puts his boots on the table, rocking back in his chair. He pulls his hat down over his eyes to nap. Whenever anyone approaches to take a seat, he shakes them off until he finds someone from the Tomorrow Legion.

When the opportunity arises...

Rod stands up and tips up his hat. He's about 6' tall, solid, but not bulky, his green eyes clear underneath the brim of his hat. He's wearing light duty body armor and has a Wilk's pistol holstered at his side. "Howdy, Hoss." Rod says with a bit of drawl in his voice and a warm smile on his face as holds out his hand. "I know who you are, you are with the 1st SET, you guys are the one piece of good news in this town. Glad to meet you. Good work out there in the wastes. My name is Rod Wolfram." His eyes flick down to the table at the whiskey and shot glasses, "Would any of you like a drink, feel free to grab a glass and pour yourself one."

When asked about what he does, he says, "Oh me? I am a robo jock. You may have seen a pair of antenna waving out back of the building, that's where I've parked my beauty. I hadn't considered joining the Tomorrow Legion, but I am 'outdoors, y'know' right now, so if you're taking on new recruits, make a pitch."

Rolls
Notice: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Total: 8

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Roderick Wolfram wrote:

Rod stands up and tips up his hat. He's about 6' tall, solid, but not bulky, his green eyes clear underneath the brim of his hat. He's wearing light duty body armor and has a Wilk's pistol holstered at his side. "Howdy, Hoss." Rod says with a bit of drawl in his voice and a warm smile on his face as holds out his hand. "I know who you are, you are with the 1st SET, you guys are the one piece of good news in this town. Glad to meet you. Good work out there in the wastes. My name is Rod Wolfram." His eyes flick down to the table at the whiskey and shot glasses, "Would any of you like a drink, feel free to grab a glass and pour yourself one."

When asked about what he does, he says, "Oh me? I am a robo jock. You may have seen a pair of antenna waving out back of the building, that's where I've parked my beauty. I hadn't considered joining the Tomorrow Legion, but I am 'outdoors, y'know' right now, so if you're taking on new recruits, make a pitch."

Rolls
Notice: Original post: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Total: 8


Saul tips his own hat up stopping mid sentence about to tell Sinder, Sparky, and Buck a thralling tale of high sea adventure...
Sara, a young girl clinging to Saul who may or may not have the chops to be a barmaid, chirps and Saul sheepishly slides a chair out from the cozy table for Roderick. Saul's high sea accent is unmistakable making his words crystal clear as a winter sea breeze," A fine pleasure Roderick. The Tomorrow Legion is always looking for fine folks made with carded cotton. We are far from an army mind you, but rather a group of like minded individuals trying to do good for d-bees and humans alike. On the grand ocean, we are the stiff breeze that pushes the floundering boat to safety. If you want to help the world not just for you and you alone, but truly make it a better place you should check it out. I would imagine we will be heading back after fixing what ever ails this burb. The chrome commander is probably got his ears to ground right now scouting out our next objective."

Saul sighs and takes a sip of the drink. Sara tuggs his leg and Saul looks arround the room. Quietly to the little girl he whispers, " No I do not see it either."

Saul adjusts his leather jacket and gloves, the only weapons on him is a laser pistol and a stick if you would even call it a weapon. He wipes his brow with his hankercheif and gestures to the unnocupied chair, " My name is Saul, this is Sparky and Sinder, of course you probably know Buck. We were just telling tales of what brought us out here. Perhaps you care to tell one yourself, and in that you may find out if you want to join us for our stay in Silverno."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Quote:
Meanwhile, Sinder asks around a bit and realizes he does know someone in town - a fella by the name of Gene Quartermane, a world traveller and wealthy gambler who hangs around at the Silver Dollar Saloon down the street. In fact, it become readily apparent that Silverno has a lot of saloons! A strip of them in the middle of town: Trail's End, Silver Dollar, The Shaft, and The Lucky Lady, to name a few.


Sinder hears through conversation that one of his friends might be in town. He stands up, “Hey guys, I going down to the Silver Dollar to check on a friend of mine. If anyone wants to join me it's OK.” He moseys on over to the bar and pays his tab before heading out.

The cool air hits him in the face and it feels good as he walks a few yards down the street to the Saloon.

He looks inside first to make sure no one is having a shootout, then steps in as quietly as possible. He heads over to the bar to get a drink and take a look at the lay of the land. He heads over to where the gambling is being done and distant looks at the people at the table. Sinder doesn’t want to disturb the sheep that are being shorn. He knows to well that disruption can set anyone, Loosers, off.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Rod nods at the introduction, "Welcome gentleman, and young lady." He beckons the harried barmaid, "Gwen, please bring the young lady something to drink, something with a bit a fizz I think, she's got the sparkle about her. Buck and I go back along way, at least a few months." A chuckle escapes his lips, "He keeps the peace and rarely with a busted head. He's a good man." He takes a sip of his beer, obviously nursing it.

"Good guess, my new friend, Saul. Roderick is my full name. This Chrome Commander, is this the cyborg, Hernandez? No disrespect, but I don't think anyone I've spoken with knows his rank in the Tomorrow Legion, which makes sense if it's not really an army," the red haired man says. "Yes, an introduction would be great."

Rod rocks his head side to side, a slight popping sound, like cracking knuckles can be heard. "Now, you want a story. A true tale of high adventure? Now I was in the war, like just about everybody. I won't talk about my time there, it's like politics, everyone has an opinion and they are rarely ever the same. But I can tell you the time I saved a princess..."

The tale wrote:
I was lucky, when I was just starting out, really before I was starting, the Mechanized Mayhem Mercenaries stomped into town. The 3M, as they referred to themselves, were genuine out of towners. Almost all of them had accents, that I later learned from a place called the New German Republic, across the ocean, on the other side of the fabled Atlantis. The leader was Colonel Wilhelm, and his second in command was a cyber-knight named Lady Agnes, but almost everyone called her the 'Commandant'.

They were there at the behest of the king, Lord Durst, up there by the Great Lakes. His daughter, Princess Evangeline was kidnapped, by a tribe of Brodkil. Now the Brodkil are 10' of ugly or more, why they wanted a young human girl, I never did find out. The 3M, before starting out, put out that they had a few open spots. Now, I've always been good with a rifle, so I tried out and was hired.

The 3M did a bit of tracking, then came back and the whole group, now plus me, headed west following their trail. We came to a mountain, and a cave. The 3M had what they called a Mystic who claimed he could divine the future and the unknowable. He did his thing, chanting and dancing, and finally said that there was another way in through a small crevasse. The Colonel and the Commandant decide the plan was to force the Brodkil out, and I being the new guy got to take the secret entrance.

Now the 3M was a fearsome group, they had robots unlike any I had seen, Jagers, Raubtiers, Ulti-Maxes, a couple of Furagierer, and a Schwartzritter and a Drachenfluegel. A Drachenfluegel, in English is called a Dragonwing, it is what I pilot. It's a robot unlike any other I have ever seen in my travels, but back to the story: Anyway, they didn't want to get out of their robots so they could all put the proper hurt on monsters who would kidnap a little girl. So I was sent in, like I said before, with a pistol, a vibro-knife and a flashlight. They created a diversion that caused the Brodkil to charge. I made it in, found Princess Evangeline, cut the cage holding her open and we made our escape.

The princess was extremely grateful that I had rescued her. Looking back at it now, I think Lord Durst didn't approve, because 3M was promptly paid and told to leave and take me with them.


"And that is as they say, is the end. I've been back that way once, she's alive and well, and now the Lady Durst.
They tell the story of her rescue, but of me, not a word,"
Rod says with a bit of a sad smile as he ends his story.

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Listening to Roderick's tale Sparkmort perks up at the mention of the Dragonwing. Once Rod winds down Sparky gives him a grin, "An honest to goodness damsel in distress, eh? Very impressive, kid. This Dragonwing of yours, now that sounds interesting. If you need a hand with maintenance just let me know. I'd love a chance to crawl around inside that baby! That would be awesome."

"As to the 'Chrome Commander' that would be Timmothy all right. Just look for the cyborg that looks like he's constipated and you should be golden. Heh heh." Chuckling at his joke Sparkmort then frowns as he looks down into his empty glass. "Time for another round I think. Barkeep!"

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Timothy walks around town, getting a feel for the people and ends up back at cybernetic quarter. I could use a data chip. Timothy enters the store. "I need to know how to ride a horse and ride one pretty good. Timothy will purchase a riding chip.

OOC Comments
Riding: d10 40K


Once the chip is purchased, Timothy will fly out of town for a few miles, swap out the chips and test out the saddle.
OOC Comments
Spirit: 1d8 = 7 (7) wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
The demonic horse materializes infront of Timothy. "Well, that was interesting." The Demonic horse rears up to intimidate Timothy. He is not impressed. Timothy grabs the horse by the bridle and pulls him down to eye level. "You act like I give a shit. I'm more then wiling to give you over to the egg heads to dissect. I'm in charge dammit. Even if no one else on the team understands that, you will." The horse appears to understand and holds the burning hatred back and allows Timothy to mount the saddle.

OOC Comments
Riding: 1d10 = 5 (5) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


The riding is pretty rough, but he is able to stay on. The data chip is providing him feedback in a thick western accent. Having different chips will make me crazy. After some time getting used to actually riding Timothy gets off and dismissed the horse. "I still think a tops would be better, but this will work. I'll keep this available for later use."

Timothy will switch the chips back to flying and fly back towards the town. Once back in town, Timothy will secure the saddle in his footlocker. Not having Q here means that we have to share space. Once the saddle is secured and the footlocker is locked, Timothy will locate the rest of the team. The Cyborg meets up with everyone just before Rodrick starts on his story. He takes the comments about him in stride. It feels good to just relax and not be wound up all the time. "Gimme a beer!" With just a few members of the team here at this time Timothy joins them with the beer.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul takes a sip of his drink ever replenished by his little girl Sara who chirps and gives a tug on his pant leg. Saul nods and pats her head. He smiles at Rod " Not bad son, sounds like you could use a place to ply your trade and be a hero. Why not set your sails with us while we are here in Silverno and get a feel for the good the Tomorrow Legion aspires to do." Saul looks at the plate of freedom fries Sara puts before him. Wow, those look awesome. With baked in freedom sauce.
He grabs a fistful of freedom fries and munches on them.
Saul reaches over to shake Roderick's hand, " It is often that true heroes never get the credit they deserve. With the legion it might be the same, I suspect the Chrome Commander gets all the glory while we underlings do the hard work." Saul winks at Sinder, Sparky, Buck, and Rod. " So what do you say? You up to the challenge of a life time?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(Rolls Carried)

Rod's eyes watch the cyborg come over to the table and sit down as he's telling his story, but he doesn't doesn't falter. When the story if finished, he winks at the girl and says to Saul, "I am not opposed to doing good, but I have to be picky about the contracts I accept. Robot Vehicles don't fix and reload by themselves, it takes credits or really good salvage." Rod's eyes look across the room at the other people in the saloon and shakes his head, "But, it's not like there's a lot of choice here right now."

He takes another sip of his beer to wet his throat and turns to look at the 'Chrome Commander' and says, "What do you say big guy? Everyone says you are in charge, if your offer includes covering the costs of maintenance, repair, and reloads, plus an equal share of any bounties, I'll agree to stand up and put the ol'thumb in Evil's eye."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Quote:
"What do you say big guy? Everyone says you are in charge, if your offer includes covering the costs of maintenance, repair, and reloads, plus an equal share of any bounties, I'll agree to stand up and put the ol'thumb in Evil's eye."


Timothy sits there nursing his beer when the question is asked. Damit, one of those cowboy hats would be cool as hell right about now. Timothy will look up at the person speaking. "That's Sargent Chrome Commander. So your a robot jock? As long as you follow the rules, and there are few rules, you will be good.
You have some big shoes to fill, and don't piss off the second in command. She'll have her dragon eat you and I probably won't stop him."
Timothy returns to his drink.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Rod rubs his chin, Sarge, hmm, I can work with that. "Well Sarge, I've been know to follow the chain of command. What are these rules, and is this young lady," Rod tips his hat to the little girl next to Saul, with a serious look on his face, "your second in command? She looks to be a force to be reckoned with, I shan't mess with her."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Quote:
Rod rubs his chin, Sarge, hmm, I can work with that. "Well Sarge, I've been know to follow the chain of command. What are these rules, and is this young lady," Rod tips his hat to the little girl next to Saul, with a serious look on his face, "your second in command? She looks to be a force to be reckoned with, I shan't mess with her."


Timothy takes another swig of his beer. "Her? not her, she's a stowaway Saul picked up. Our second is a Mystic, one who knows her stuff and is in the middle of puberty, so don't piss her off. O and her name is Cory. Just to give you a heads up. As for the rules, as I said, there are not that many. Don't kill innocent people, help those in need and kill the bad guys. O and follow my orders in battle. Shit seems to go wrong when orders are not followed. Welcome to the 1st SET. Why don't you give me your specs so we can make sure we can get your parts and spare weapons."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(Realized I didn't answer)

To Sparky, Rod says, "Sparky, that's what Saul said your name was? Nice to meet you. An extra pair of hands is always welcome. It's good to know that there are some mechanically inclined people on the team."

The robot jock listens to the 'rules' from the Chrome Commander, "I can abide by those rules, Sarge." He holds out his hand to shake, afterwards he says, "Done and Done."

Rod grins at the request for specifications, "Come on, we will go out back and take a look." He stands up and leads them out behind the saloon to a field where a large 30' robot squats in the high grass. Long cylindrical legs hold up a barrel of a body that has four arms, two regular, and two mounting some serious energy weapons. The head looks tiny in comparison, it's backside has to massive jet engine nozzles. The underside is painted in a sky pattern while the top has light brown, green, and yellow camouflage pattern. No identifying numbers are marked on it, but just below the head on the chest are two words, 'Letzter Schatten.'

Picture
Image

He leans back and looks up proudly, "This here is an X-2700 Dragonwing, der Drachenfeugel in German. It was made in the New German Republic on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. It's main armament are the two weapon arms here, each has a medium laser and light ion cannon. The two arms can be slaved together or operated independently. It also has a small set of medium range missiles. It's faster than any other vehicle I've come across."

He takes them in a loop around the vehicle coming back to it's front, "It can seat four, who wants to go on a flight?"

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5 (3) Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Cory doesn't do much for the morning. She realizes that Tim has made an overture of team-ness and she grimaces. While she walks back to the street to the Trail's End, she tries to compose her thoughts. This includes several curses, followed by furious counting on her rosary. At the saloon door, which she cannot peer over, she instead turns her eyes towards the sky. Her last comforting thought as she enters the dim common room is that even if you can't see Sun, Sun is always there, and if you can't see Moon, Moon is still there. That's enough to prepare her for the forced pleasantries she's determined to participate in.

As she sits down, by Tim if possible, she realizes the bonding moment that is in progress. She audibly groans. When the question of "why the tomorrow legion" gets pointed at her, she stares down Saul and replies, "Everyone else died." and then goes back to her coffee. Hunkered down besides the large sarge of a borg that is Tim, it's easy to overlook her, and easy to get her confused with the child.

Roderick. Rod. Another cocky a-hole? Cory is bound and determined though not to let anyone rile her up, so she does the best she can do: not be mean. Which doesn't require her to interact, but maybe it does mean not taking everything that comes out of his stupid mouth as an insult. That's a place to start, maybe.

So at first, she ignores him. Which by extension means ignoring a lot more. She frowns in her coffee, runs her beads through her fingers, and broods.

When she finally realizes he's been indoctrinated in, she makes her self seem tall, so, about as tall as the girl, "LIke, yeah, totally, I'd let Merl eat you, right, but like, I'm turning over a new leaf, so after he ate you, you know, like, I'd heal you. Kinder, gentler, right?" But with a thoughtful look she adds, "But like, I'm turning over a new leaf, like, because I was blowing up like way too much stuff. Sun and Moon protect life, and like, they like their people to do the same, you know, right?"

Seeing that following this dickhead---er--guy out to his vehicle is the thing to do, she grudgingly goes along. With effort she manages not to shoot the evil eye and anyone. Cory looks around for Merl, he might be entertained by a robot named after a dragon. Where did he go?

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
After the 1st leaves the bar. Saul stretches out leaning deep his his chair. He looks around at the remaining patrons. Sara nods her eyes flashing red. " It is time."
Saul pats her on the head and smiles knocking back his last drink." Yes, quite. You know Sara, I can feel a strong breeze coming, the winds of change are upon us." Saul sighs flashing his winning smile at the little girl. He dabs his brow with his handkerchief and then stuffs the hanky in his lapel. " Well, lets get to work shall we." By the time the two are done in the bar the only thing heard is the sound of silience.
Saul steps out onto the street with Sara in tow, he glances back into the cheery bar and remarks, " Hello darkness my old friend." Sara laughs and nods her affirmation by munching on a big ole meaty leg. She chirps and Saul dabs the corners of his mouth with his hankercheif. " With that done lets find Rod and his Dragonwing."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

When Cory comes to the table.

"Welcome, Miss Cory, my name's Rod, Rod Wolfram," Rod says, partially getting out of his seat as she pulls out a chair for herself next to Timothy. When she mentions letting Merl eat him, he let's out a laugh, "Thank you kindly for being willing to heal me afterwards, seems like an excessive way of disciplining the unruly troops, I'm glad to hear that your considering alternative methods." She is a child, not much older than the one clinging to ol' Saul's arm. But back home, she'd be marrying age I guess. Old enough to be in-charge of a rabble of children, old enough to command troops. Interesting that the 'Chrome Commander' over here would make her second in command, she must have steel in that spine. For a borg, he kind of looks scared of her. I think he said that she was a mystic. I'd call it mumbo-jumbo, but I've seen it work.

"So, you've got the mojo, huh." More of a statement than a question, "The missing Merl, a dragon you say, you make it sound like he's a pet, does he think that?"


Outside when Saul and Sara join them.

"I can see Sarge here is a proponent of superior fire power. Sparky's mentioned he likes tools, are you like an Operator? Saul appears to be,", a dandy, "of a philosophic bent, are you part of the moral compass for the team? What about you Sinder, what role do you play?" Rod asks trying to figure out where he should be in the pecking order of the 1st.

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:20 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Notice 1. Crit Fail
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)
At Roderick's comment Sparkmort barks a laugh. "Me an operator? Naw, I just turn a good wrench. Related to number of Techno-Wizards and Operators so I suppose it comes natural. When you freelance with your own suit of power armor being able to pull your own maintenance is pretty much a requisite skill set."

Sparky pauses and shrugs before continuing. "Last few years I mostly earned my keep as a bounty hunter. A lot of wild places and wild people in this day and age. A lot of folk don't have the training or resources to protect themselves from bandits and the like and helping folks out of a jam seemed like a worthwhile occupation. Running solo can get old after a while though and these folks needed someone to keep them out of trouble so here I am."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Last edited by Sparky on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

"Good with a wrench?" Rod repeats Sparky's words, "I don't know if I'd go that for myself, more like, when you take a bad hit and have to make an exciting landing in the middle of salt flat, you learn to do what you got to do to get your bird back in the air. I hear you about the bounty work, I've been taking the odd contract job over the last few months, but with the demons about, people just don't have the credits to ship goods with enough protection right now to generate enough jobs. When I heard tales of what the 1st SET had done over the last few months, I planted myself in the bar where you were staying so I could met you and see if you were hiring."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
"Well, as I say tech, both mundane and techno-wizardry is the family business so you almost can't help turning out to be a fairly decent mechanic. So anytime you need a hand just holler. Matter of fact the team's operator just got detached for some reason or another so I guess for now I'm the closest thing there is to one now that you mention it. Huh."

Sparky scratches his chin and mulls the thought over for a moment. "Waiting around in a bar does seem a bit more reliable than the way I ended up tooling around with the 1st. I was about to try and take on a bunch of 1st APOC bozos solo when these fellers turned up to do the same. Me and the dragon didn't get off on the right foot so to speak. He came popping up out of the ground like some fire breathing gopher and didn't appreciate the fact I thought it prudent to point a railgun at him. Go figure."

Lowering his voice a bit Sparky leans towards Roderick and beckons for him to lean down. "By the way, just a word of advice. I wouldn't refer to Merlaggon as a pet anywhere he could hear you. He probably wouldn't take it well and he has mentioned from time to time that he is willing to eat people that annoy him. He tends to be a bit overprotective where Cory is concerned as well so keep that in mind too. Just saying."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Sinder eventually goes over to the bartender and ask him to send Quartermane a Note.

The Note
OOC Comments
Hey Gene, Sinder is in town. Saw you, Preacher, working over the local contributors to the Quartermane Orphanage for Wayward Boys at the Silver Dollar Saloon. I'm a member of the 1st SET. We are with the large group that rolled into town today. We are hanging out above the Trail's End Saloon. If you can break away, I would be glad to have a few drinks with you. No, I don't need my team taken and we are not splitting the profits.

On the other hand, the ones with the convoy I can introduce you to and splitting the profits.

By the way, those are nice looking clothes. You look rich as ever, you must be making those orphans happy as hell. Reminds me your Buying!

Got to tell you, I ran into Sir Sayeen, the story teller. Remind me to tell you about him.


Your close friend always
Sinder, The Fire Bug.


Sinder makes sure the bartender gets payed before he finishes his drink and heads back to his group. He knows his friend might be at the table all night. it is just rude for the preacher to leave his flok with all those credits to damage their souls. It is the preachers duty to take care of his flock.

He gets back to the others and they have a good time.

He spends his time listing to the stories of the others. Enjoying them and laughing when the jokes are told. Ocassionally Sinder does what a bored Burster does, that is lighting small fires with his hand and rolling them over his hands and body playing little fire games.

When Rod agrees to join, Sinder is happy. He knows the team needs more people and Rod sounds like he knows which end of the Shovel to pick up and throw the crap around.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
[Rolls carried over...]

Cory is trying really really hard to not hate anyone today. So instead of biting his head off, she merely corrects Rod's misunderstanding. "Like, not a pet, jack...Rod, like right? Whatever, like little brother. You like know little brothers like look up to their big sisters, right?" She finishes the obligatory look at the technological terror and then heads back inside. But she doesn't stay inside the dark room. She heads to the boardwalk in front of the saloon and sits down on any available bench.

Then she pulls out the bracelet and has a look. She is intrigued by it. It's appealing. She can't help but study it in detail. Each charm is inspected, the various religious symbols deciphered. It's pretty good no one is watching, because she's pretty excited and pretty much smiling.

Exalted Detect Arcana 5
Exalted Detect Arcana 2PPE Mysticism 1d10 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Quote:
This Mega Power effect can be used by Masters of Magic who have detect arcana at will. They must spend 2 Power Points to use it.

Knowledge Mystic Arcana to investigate symbology of bracelet 7
Knowledge Mystic Arcana 1d6 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:48 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Where is that darn Dragonwing??

Unable to track down Rod and Sparky Saul sighs. He sees Cory sitting down and decides to give it another go. He sits down next to Cory, his little girl Sarah sits on his lap having finished the leg obtained from the nearby barkeep. Sara looks at Cory with great big eyes and chirps. Saul looks at her and nods at the little girl. " Oh of course..."
He looks at Cory appraising her silently, " It is a nice night. What do you think of the new guy Rod?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
[Rolls held...for now]

Cory pauses. One might say thoughtfully, which is sort of right. Be nice. Be nice. Be nice.

"Seems like a cocky jerk, right? Like, I guess that's pretty much, you know, like what you want in a robot pilot. I guess whatever. He's fine." what she doesn't add is, at least he's not some sweater idiot asshole. Then deciding that conversation is probably on Sun and Moon's list of things she needs to actually do, and not just with Merl, she carries on. "I guess, you know, it's like with a juicer, right, like you don't want them to be like totally stupid, but you don't want to be stupid timid either. Fell wasn't timid, but he could be pretty stupid." The last part about Fell isn't mean at all. Her expression is almost warm and positive.

That good mood holds long enough for Cory to take one of the many twined-sun-moon beads off her robes and hand it to Sara[no h is cooler, btw]h. "Here, like I can't promise good luck or anything, right, but it couldn't hurt, you know? It is like pretty important to me."

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1282
Is that a Carbide Rod or Are You Happy to See Me?
Not long at the bar the 1st SET befriends, and hires, a local mercenary with a big robot. They spend the rest of the night making plans and trading stories, while they wait for Sinder to hear back from a guy he knows in town.

Silverno Hospital
Sparky and Tim check out the augmentation clinic at the local hospital. It is well stock, clean, and of high quality. The local Cyber-Doc seems knowledgeable and competent (d10 skill with +2 from the excellent facilities). Sparky has a long list but the doc cautions him that doing too much at once would be pretty risky, so the two of them settle on a couple of implants to get started. Surgery can be scheduled within a day and recovery time is expected to be almost a week (Cost of Implants, list +20%. Surgery Fee 10% of total cost). For Tim, there is an excellent selection of skill chips and - since this is the west - they definitely have lots of options for riding from basic to Super Cowboy (1 die to 4 die types, list price + 20%).

Gene Quartermane
Quartermane arranges to meet Sinder for breakfast and the pair spend a few minutes catching up before Gene cuts to the chase, "I see you rolled in here with a big convoy, you call me up to make some deals or you looking for something else?"

Scary Sara
The child is creepy. Her silence. Her ability to communicate with Saul without speaking. Her blank stares. Perhaps the creepiest moment of all comes when Cory hands her a holy symbol. Sara's eyes narrow and her brow furrows. As she swats Cory's hand a away and hisses like an angry cat.

Convoy
Walcott reports that trade is going well, lots of good deals to be had and the silver contract should be in the bag. She also gives a little update on the happenings around town, "So, turns out the Simvan and their demon friends have been taking people away. Locals assume its for food, since you know Simvan eat people, but some are holding out hope that their loved ones are still alive. Probably not much you can do, but keep your eyes and ears open on that front."

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Breakfast with Gene
Sinder has a great time before heading to bed. Before he does he gets a note from Gene about meeting up for breakfast.
He heads down and greets Gene with a smile. They pick a table with their back against the wall and a clear view of the surrounding room. the first thing Sinder speaks about is Sayeen, “Gene, Sayeen is dead went out taking down A big group of CS. Later at the castle during his funeral, his long-lost daughter shows up. She joined our group for a while then split on us."

When the waitress comes by they order breakfast he waits for the waitress to leave. "I know we listen to his stories and you use to like the man. That is why one reason I wanted to talk."

Quote:
Gene cuts to the chase, "I see you rolled in here with a big convoy, you call me up to make some deals or you looking for something else?"


Sinder smiles at Gene’s bluntness and responds, "Yep always trying to help friends, though from the looks of things you don't need the money. You seem to have gotten a good size payday here. Could it be you need to move on to another town somewhere? I figure, if it is time to move along you might need some protection. Especially if the group is heading that way. Be nice to have the protection of a group like us to see that you get there in one piece. Gene I do this as a friend won’t cost you a credit. The boss of the convoy is a Lady named Walcott."

Sinder continues, "Lady Walcott, she like to help people here, it's good for business. She has heard that there are missing people, taken by Simvans. Do you know anything about this? Maybe rumors of their where about? Any little bit helps. I could introduce her to you or vice versa and that way get the edge on giving here the information, work up a fee or passage."

Sinder pauses and listens to what Gene has to say. If Gene wants to he will arrange an introduction. When breakfast is over he Introduces Gene to Walcott. He lets them talk, he knows Gene wants to apply the charm and see what he can get out of this arrangement.


A Horse of a diffierent Color
In the meantime, Sinder grabs his Robot horse to find a shop that will do up grades on the horse. When he arrives, he greets the owner and introduces himself.“Good Day sir, my name is Sinder, I’m from the 1st SET, the convoy that arrived yesterday. I was wondering if you could do some mods to my robot horse. I’m thinking about having it know and speak languages. The languages, American, Spanish, Dragonese, Gobbely, Faerie and Euro. Then have a Shooting Skill, up loaded and a weapons gimble arm. can you recom a weapon. I have some credits.”

As the Shop Keeper talks, Sinder brings up the fact that he has heard that several people have been taken by the Simvan, “I heard the Monster riders, Simvans, have taken several people from town, you haven’t lost any, have you? Have you picked up any information, rumors and the likes? Even the craziest of hearings might be helpful.”

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Last edited by Sinder on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
1d10 = 7 (7) 1d6 = 2 (2) Greater Detect Arcana on Sarah.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
Rod wakes up the next morning a grin on his, They seem like a good team. Even Cory didn't have the spit and vinegar I was warned about. He stretches his legs in the back seats of the Dragonwing and comes back to the Saloon for breakfast sitting down with whoever else is down there.

Hearing that Sparky and Timothy are getting enhanced, he whistles, "Wow, I've got a few in mind myself when I've got some more cash in my pockets. What are you looking to get?"

When the news about the missing townsfolk comes down from Walcott, he asks around the patrons in the bar and Buck if there was any particular area where more people disappeared than others. "Buck, you've been doing me a solid the last week letting me park my bot out back. What do you know about the disappearances, now that I've joined up with the 1st SET, I might be able to do something about it."

He looks for Merlaggon, "Hey Miss Cory, good morning, whereabouts is that dragon brother of yours? I think he and I could take to the skies and do a little reconaissance for these missing townsfolk."


Rolls
Notice
1d8+2 = 4 (2)
1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 4

Persuasian (get some info about the townsfolk)
1d6 = 5 (5)
1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 5

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
After Sinder takes care of Robot Horse, he decides to take his Hover out for a spin. He want's to get to a small place that no one can see him. He finds an Arroyo and goes ups it away. He turns it around so he can make a quick getaway.

Next Sinder uses his abilities, Armor and Speed on himself just incase he might need it. He Procedes to take the bone sword in hand just because he wants to be safe. He places his Arm Bracers on and activates it.

OOC Comments
In case he needs to use PP From Himself will spend 4 ISP to get +2
Spirit 1d10+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die
1d6 = 6 (6)
ACE wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul picks up the bead and puts it into his pocket. He wipes his brow with his hankercheif and adjusts his leather coat and gloves. He smiles at Cory and shakes his head disbelieving, " Kids, heh Cory? One moment a warm easterly breeze and in the next a harsh brutal gale storm out of the north.". Sara clings to Saul's leg and he pats her on the head. " Its ok, we know you lost everything, please Sara Cory was just trying to help you."
He holds the child tight while he stuffs the hankercheif back into his lapel. Sara chirps as two towns folks go by whispering.

Saul gets up shouldering his pack in one hand and gripping Sara's in the other. He looks back at the two townsfolk walking away. " Really? Simvan and folks gone missing. What do you say Cory, up for a little investigation? Perhaps our earlier encounter is only the begging of this simvan connection to demonic forces." Saul points to the two folks indicating they should go after them... Sara looks at Cory with pleading little eyes and then the two race after the two upstanding community members.
Saul calls after them, " Hey there Saul is the name, one of the folks from the Tomorrow Legion that you threw a parade for. What was that you were saying about the simvan taking people, do you know the last people taken?"

Persuasion 1d10+2 = 8 (6) Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Sparkmort may not know a lot about cybernetics but he knows a professional when he sees one and he is impressed with the Silverno clinic. Making an appointment to have the procedure done the day after tomorrow he thanks the doctor for his time and confirming that he has the funds to pay for the operation before heading back to the saloon to let the others he would be operating at less than 100% for a few days.

Coming across Wolcott he hears about the disappearances from town and decides to do a little snooping before hooking back up with the others. Hitting several of the bars along the main street through town he listens to the local gossip and subtly questions a number of potential witnesses, skillfully pumping them for information and smoothing the way with a ready drink and a disarming smile whenever necessary. Several hours later he catches up with the others at the Trail's End and fills them in on what he's found out. Grabbing a beer from the bar he settles into a chair and tips back his now ever present cowboy hat and grins at Tim. "Man you guys would not believe what's been going on around here."

Streetwise 14, Raise(s)
Streetwise 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

-1 Bennie for Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
EE Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 9 (7) Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Cory stares at Sarah, taken aback by her reaction. It's just a symbol, not an actual holy object. There is no inherent magic or power to the object, just what the owner believes, what they have faith in. And it's not like Cory's Sun and Moon iconography is typical for the worship of those fairly typical celestial icons. Having just realized her lovely charm bracelet is a little more than it seems, Cory is a little spooked already. So she reflexively peers into the little girls mana. [See rolls above.] In Cory's words, "Like what is her deal?" She does actually, unfortunately, say it out loud.

"Uh, sorry, you like scared me," Cory says hopping up from the bench and scurrying off somewhere else. She stops though, since Saul is still talking. She turns around, her head tilted back with why-me expression. "What? Like sure investigation. Sounds good. Like go team!" She tries to give a tight smile to Sarah, but instead it comes out maybe just a wee more on the scowl side of smiling.

When Saul heads upstairs, Cory is forced to deal with Rod. She tries to turn that frown upsidedown, but hadn't succeeded by the type the power armor dweeb arrived. "I totally don't know where he is, like got it?" Cory says, her slight vitriol not solely because of her conversational partner. She hasn't seen Merl in a while and that kind of worries her. "Like what did you want to, you know, 'aerial recon'? Like other people can fly besides you and him." She scowls but chooses not to list off all the ways the other team members could do this task. "Most people, like, could probably help," she says realizing a team breakdown like that might actually be helpful. "Right, so like, Sinder has a hover bike and I'm like pretty sure he can full on fly when he's on fire, maybe not, it'd be pretty cool. Tim's like got a jetpack. Saul, I don't know, right, but it'd probably be totally some dumb nautical metaphor. Sparky like seems like pretty stuck on the ground."

"Saul like wants to get a jump on the search too, right. Probably should like make sure Tim's cool with us heading out, you know. I've been, uh, warned, before about doing that." She's not sure why she added that last bit. Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction to following rules, she had to justify it.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Cory Tetrascroll wrote:
When Saul heads upstairs, Cory is forced to deal with Rod. She tries to turn that frown upsidedown, but hadn't succeeded by the type the power armor dweeb arrived. "I totally don't know where he is, like got it?" Cory says, her slight vitriol not solely because of her conversational partner. She hasn't seen Merl in a while and that kind of worries her. "Like what did you want to, you know, 'aerial recon'? Like other people can fly besides you and him." She scowls but chooses not to list off all the ways the other team members could do this task. "Most people, like, could probably help," she says realizing a team breakdown like that might actually be helpful. "Right, so like, Sinder has a hover bike and I'm like pretty sure he can full on fly when he's on fire, maybe not, it'd be pretty cool. Tim's like got a jetpack. Saul, I don't know, right, but it'd probably be totally some dumb nautical metaphor. Sparky like seems like pretty stuck on the ground."

"Saul like wants to get a jump on the search too, right. Probably should like make sure Tim's cool with us heading out, you know. I've been, uh, warned, before about doing that." She's not sure why she added that last bit. Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction to following rules, she had to justify it.


Rod, tips his cowboy had back on his as he listens to Cory, then answers, "Well, Miss Cory, you sound a might worried about him. It's hard to believe something could get the jump on a dragon as large as Merlaggon, I bet he is okay. Your right, though, lot's of the team can fly, but that doesn't mean it's something they like to do. I just figured since it'd be something he liked rather than being stuck in town."

Kinda seems like she doesn't want the job at being second in command, Rod muses. He smiles to show that he's not upset with her, giving her a chance to turn that frown upside down. "I'll see if I can find Saul and the Sarge, then." He takes a step back to give her space and let her pass.

Rod wanders around looking for the Chrome Commander, when he spots Saul and his small ward. "Hello there Saul," he tips his hat at Sara, "and you as well, young lady." He takes a closer look at Saul's face, "You're looking a bit peaked there. Let me get you a glass of water." He takes a quick trip to the bar and grabs a glass and brings it back to the man. "I've heard you've been asking about the missing townsfolk as well. Once we have an idea of where they were last scene, I think it might be useful to get out in the field. I spoke with Miss Cory, she said we'd need to check in with the Sarge before heading out."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:56 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Roderick Wolfram wrote:
(rolls carried)

Cory Tetrascroll wrote:
When Saul heads upstairs, Cory is forced to deal with Rod. She tries to turn that frown upsidedown, but hadn't succeeded by the type the power armor dweeb arrived. "I totally don't know where he is, like got it?" Cory says, her slight vitriol not solely because of her conversational partner. She hasn't seen Merl in a while and that kind of worries her. "Like what did you want to, you know, 'aerial recon'? Like other people can fly besides you and him." She scowls but chooses not to list off all the ways the other team members could do this task. "Most people, like, could probably help," she says realizing a team breakdown like that might actually be helpful. "Right, so like, Sinder has a hover bike and I'm like pretty sure he can full on fly when he's on fire, maybe not, it'd be pretty cool. Tim's like got a jetpack. Saul, I don't know, right, but it'd probably be totally some dumb nautical metaphor. Sparky like seems like pretty stuck on the ground."

"Saul like wants to get a jump on the search too, right. Probably should like make sure Tim's cool with us heading out, you know. I've been, uh, warned, before about doing that." She's not sure why she added that last bit. Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction to following rules, she had to justify it.


Rod, tips his cowboy had back on his as he listens to Cory, then answers, "Well, Miss Cory, you sound a might worried about him. It's hard to believe something could get the jump on a dragon as large as Merlaggon, I bet he is okay. Your right, though, lot's of the team can fly, but that doesn't mean it's something they like to do. I just figured since it'd be something he liked rather than being stuck in town."

Kinda seems like she doesn't want the job at being second in command, Rod muses. He smiles to show that he's not upset with her, giving her a chance to turn that frown upside down. "I'll see if I can find Saul and the Sarge, then." He takes a step back to give her space and let her pass.

Rod wanders around looking for the Chrome Commander, when he spots Saul and his small ward. "Hello there Saul," he tips his hat at Sara, "and you as well, young lady." He takes a closer look at Saul's face, "You're looking a bit peaked there. Let me get you a glass of water." He takes a quick trip to the bar and grabs a glass and brings it back to the man. "I've heard you've been asking about the missing townsfolk as well. Once we have an idea of where they were last scene, I think it might be useful to get out in the field. I spoke with Miss Cory, she said we'd need to check in with the Sarge before heading out."


Saul was about to say something. Then Sara chirps and blinks three times at Rod. Saul nods and closes his mouth. He takes a sip of the water Rod offered him. Slowly, as if by himself time to think on his feet. He glances at the nearby bar from which only the sound of silence can be heard. Sara coughs and Saul hands her the water, Sara's sleves on her diminutive wattered shirt is a bit red, like she got into some paint recently. Saul swallows the water in a big gulp.
" Thanks Rod, that was what I needed. Lets head out into the Feild now. I am not really sure what to make of my conversation with the locals." Sara chirps and spits something out of her mouth. Saul nods at her and pets her head, " Yeah good point, maybe something is going down in the mines to the North, lets roll out that way. Mind if we take your Dragonwing? Or we could walk, either way... I would not want to bother Chrome Commander until we got something concrete."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
Saul wrote:
Saul was about to say something. Then Sara chirps and blinks three times at Rod. Saul nods and closes his mouth. He takes a sip of the water Rod offered him. Slowly, as if by himself time to think on his feet. He glances at the nearby bar from which only the sound of silence can be heard. Sara coughs and Saul hands her the water, Sara's sleeves on her diminutive watered shirt is a bit red, like she got into some paint recently. Saul swallows the water in a big gulp.
" Thanks Rod, that was what I needed. Lets head out into the Field now. I am not really sure what to make of my conversation with the locals." Sara chirps and spits something out of her mouth. Saul nods at her and pets her head, " Yeah good point, maybe something is going down in the mines to the North, lets roll out that way. Mind if we take your Dragonwing? Or we could walk, either way... I would not want to bother Chrome Commander until we got something concrete."


Rod grimaces as he steps back from whatever she spit out. He takes in Sara's appearance, What has she been playing in, I don't really want that smeared inside in the Dragonwing. Ah, kids get in to stuff.

Rod says, "Are you saying they are disappearing in the mine, or around the mine? If it's in the mine, I think it's foolish for just the two of us to head in there. In any event, I think Sara should stay here. If there is something out there, there's no point in putting her in danger. If we were out on the trail, keeping her inside a vehicle makes sense, but with us being in Silverno, it's safer here than out there."


Rolls
Notice
1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Total: 7

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:29 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Roderick Wolfram wrote:
Saul wrote:
Saul was about to say something. Then Sara chirps and blinks three times at Rod. Saul nods and closes his mouth. He takes a sip of the water Rod offered him. Slowly, as if by himself time to think on his feet. He glances at the nearby bar from which only the sound of silence can be heard. Sara coughs and Saul hands her the water, Sara's sleeves on her diminutive watered shirt is a bit red, like she got into some paint recently. Saul swallows the water in a big gulp.
" Thanks Rod, that was what I needed. Lets head out into the Field now. I am not really sure what to make of my conversation with the locals." Sara chirps and spits something out of her mouth. Saul nods at her and pets her head, " Yeah good point, maybe something is going down in the mines to the North, lets roll out that way. Mind if we take your Dragonwing? Or we could walk, either way... I would not want to bother Chrome Commander until we got something concrete."


Rod grimaces as he steps back from whatever she spit out. He takes in Sara's appearance, What has she been playing in, I don't really want that smeared inside in the Dragonwing. Ah, kids get in to stuff.

Rod says, "Are you saying they are disappearing in the mine, or around the mine? If it's in the mine, I think it's foolish for just the two of us to head in there. In any event, I think Sara should stay here. If there is something out there, there's no point in putting her in danger. If we were out on the trail, keeping her inside a vehicle makes sense, but with us being in Silverno, it's safer here than out there."


Rolls
Notice
Original post: 1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Total: 7


Saul looks at Rod for a few seconds. Sara chirps and Saul nods. " As long as you think you will be safe in there..." Saul gestures to their hotel. Sara nods and wipes her sleeves on her dirty pants. It looks like some sort of large stain is covering the dark torn jeans. " Good suggestion there Rod. Its a bad omen to take children into danger, even suspected danger. One time my captian on the Black Trader discovered a stowaway, a young boy not much older than Sara. Seven men died on that voyage. I don't even want to tell you what happened to the kid. The mines sound like a good place to check out, have there been any recent trouble or accidents? Any mines close down all of a sudden?" Sara seems to have scampered off to the hotel while Saul was talking.

Saul baps his hat giving it a bit more length and smiles at Rod grabbing a nearby bashing stick, " Ok all ready chap. Which way to your ship?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Saul wrote:
Saul looks at Rod for a few seconds. Sara chirps and Saul nods. " As long as you think you will be safe in there..." Saul gestures to their hotel. Sara nods and wipes her sleeves on her dirty pants. It looks like some sort of large stain is covering the dark torn jeans. " Good suggestion there Rod. Its a bad omen to take children into danger, even suspected danger. One time my captain on the Black Trader discovered a stowaway, a young boy not much older than Sara. Seven men died on that voyage. I don't even want to tell you what happened to the kid. The mines sound like a good place to check out, have there been any recent trouble or accidents? Any mines close down all of a sudden?" Sara seems to have scampered off to the hotel while Saul was talking.

Saul baps his hat giving it a bit more length and smiles at Rod grabbing a nearby bashing stick, " Ok all ready chap. Which way to your ship?"


"This way." Walking around the saloon, Rod says to Saul, "Saul, I know that kid has probably been through a lot, but she really needs a bath and a clean pair of clothes. May help her adjust, start speaking normally, I can't understand a word out of her mouth."

At the Dragonwing, Rod keys the lock to open the access panel. "I suppose being on the ocean is like being up in the air, where you can see for miles without anything obstructing your view." A look of peace is on Rod's face at the idea. "But I hear tell there are fearsome beasts under the waves, I can't imagine just blithely sailing over something that can just come up and swallow you whole." A look of confusion comes across the pilot's face. "Saul, you suggested going out to the mines, not me. I have no idea if they are closed or not. Maybe you need to go lie down or something instead. Like I said, you're not looking entirely well, maybe you should go see a local body fixer. You were out in some nasty country for what, months? You could have come down with something." Rod reaches out a hand and puts it on Saul's shoulder holding him from entering, "I'm serious, it's cramped quarters up there." He nods up at the robot, "Air sickness is not going to go over well for either of us."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Roderick Wolfram wrote:
(rolls carried)

Saul wrote:
Saul looks at Rod for a few seconds. Sara chirps and Saul nods. " As long as you think you will be safe in there..." Saul gestures to their hotel. Sara nods and wipes her sleeves on her dirty pants. It looks like some sort of large stain is covering the dark torn jeans. " Good suggestion there Rod. Its a bad omen to take children into danger, even suspected danger. One time my captain on the Black Trader discovered a stowaway, a young boy not much older than Sara. Seven men died on that voyage. I don't even want to tell you what happened to the kid. The mines sound like a good place to check out, have there been any recent trouble or accidents? Any mines close down all of a sudden?" Sara seems to have scampered off to the hotel while Saul was talking.

Saul baps his hat giving it a bit more length and smiles at Rod grabbing a nearby bashing stick, " Ok all ready chap. Which way to your ship?"


"This way." Walking around the saloon, Rod says to Saul, "Saul, I know that kid has probably been through a lot, but she really needs a bath and a clean pair of clothes. May help her adjust, start speaking normally, I can't understand a word out of her mouth."

At the Dragonwing, Rod keys the lock to open the access panel. "I suppose being on the ocean is like being up in the air, where you can see for miles without anything obstructing your view." A look of peace is on Rod's face at the idea. "But I hear tell there are fearsome beasts under the waves, I can't imagine just blithely sailing over something that can just come up and swallow you whole." A look of confusion comes across the pilot's face. "Saul, you suggested going out to the mines, not me. I have no idea if they are closed or not. Maybe you need to go lie down or something instead. Like I said, you're not looking entirely well, maybe you should go see a local body fixer. You were out in some nasty country for what, months? You could have come down with something." Rod reaches out a hand and puts it on Saul's shoulder holding him from entering, "I'm serious, it's cramped quarters up there." He nods up at the robot, "Air sickness is not going to go over well for either of us."


Saul raises his eye brow at a few of Rod's comments. He looks up at the dragonwing.
" You are right of course being harrassed by demons for a month trying to get here was not easy. Sara at one point was kidnapped, I brought her back." Saul grimaces, " Nasty beasts, those demons are." Saul pauses for a moment perhaps to explain more, but instead he wipes his forhead with his hankercheif, and rubs the dragon carefully. He faces Rod and pats his shoulder warmly, " I appriciate your concern. But something about the mines are nagging me. I have been through torrent storms that would make the most iron man heave his juice." Saul laughs and climbs aboard.
" A beautiful ship, reminds me of this great Elvish Trawler I once served aboard, a ship shaped like a great flamewind and just as glistening red. It had a tri-barrel port cannon the was something of utter beauty... Oh and its bow spirit, an acient elven maden sculpted with much love to the point it seemed alive." Saul sits in the crew compartment for a moment and once Rod is in he buckles up, " Perhaps a fly over of the mines is in order then. You probably have something far better than a spy glass no?"

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
Rod shakes his head as Saul brushes off his concerns. He's a big boy.

Once inside the cockpit, Rod makes sure Saul is secured in the webbing. He sits himself down at his own console and hooks up the cord to his headjack, and adjusts his clothing, pulling and straightening it out and then sitting firmly in his seat, then leaning forward to adjust his shirt. "When enduring high-gees, the littlest irritation can become huge." With that he turns his head and the various systems of the Dragonwing come alive. A small cough like sound can be heard from outside, then the whole cabin rumbles as the over-sized engines come to life.

Rod turns on a set of screens by Saul, "You can review sensor data on there." The smirk on his face, turns into a wide grin as he turns back, his eyes hidden underneath the goggles and helmet. "Hold on to your butt."

The pilot's hands dance at the controls as the robot stands up and goes through a quick set of motions to make sure everything is functioning. Then the rumble of the engines turn to a howl, as the Dragonwing lifts off the ground vertically, and just climbs, and climbs, and climbs, and climbs, before reorienting in a more vertical position, and then all four thrusters push them even higher into the sky past the clouds floating sedately over the town.

The Dragonwing rolls, and turns orienting on the mountains, contrails of condensed water streaming from the leading edges of the aircraft as it speeds away from Silverno. Once over the mountains, Rod slows and descends and moves into a spiral pattern to let the sensors do their work. The screens at Saul's station allow him to view the ground below them.

Rolls
Notice: 1d8+2 = 10 (8), Ace 1: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Total: 11

Knowledge: Electronics 1d8 = 6 (6) Examine Sensor Readings
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 6

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul wipes his forehead and stuff his hankercheif into his lapel. He nods at Rod, " Thanks for checking the straps. I do appriciate your concern for Sara. She has been through a lot. Children should never be put in these dire situations, and yet the nature of the world is set to gale force tempest. The world seeks to capsize despite age, the sea that swirls between person and person is an indiscriminate killer." Saul sighs looking out the window and glancing down at the sensor screen, " I don't know Rod...the folks at the hotel should have some clean clothes for her and can at least provide her a good meal. Don't worry about me either, my dreams keep me up most of the night so my default state is worn-out.". Saul seemed to about to say more...

Notice 7, kn electronics 3
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

Kn electronics 1d4-2 = 2 (4) ace 1d4 = 1 (1)wild 1d6-2 = 1 (3)


Saul's eyes widen as he sees a blip on the screen and something horrible below. " Rod! Below us, in the canyon! The deep lord has arisen!"


Attachments:
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG [ 470.78 KiB | Viewed 1259 times ]

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 256
Notice=4
Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Result: 4


While the rest of the Fell's Follies are busy in the town, they finally catch sight of Merlaggon, flying in the distance. as he circles the town.

"Sayeen died, then Lail left us, then Fell died, and now Qoat has left us. I don't like my friends all dieing and leaving us! The rest of you have to PROMISE that you won't die or leave us...especially Cory! PROMISE!!! I don't want to make friends with you if all you are going to do is LEAVE me!!!"

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
    +1 due Post Rate
    -1 due to Dungeon Crawl Round 2 Extra Effort
    +1 due Portal Diving
    -1 due to Extra Effort on Tail Swipe
    +1 due Self Sacrificing Action vs. Balrog
    -1 due to Soak vs. Balrog hit
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (2 Armor, -1 to be Hit by Ranged)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7 - or 41(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon without Band of Growth
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Second Wind - Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Florence Nightingale - Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:27 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
[Rolls carried over...]

In her defence, Cory still doesn't realize that she has authority to make independant team decisions. Like letting a couple of the team off for recon on their own.

The idea that Merl was some invisible creature is not one that she holds. She was there when he came out of the egg. The delicate moment where he chose to follow the her and not the orcs, or even to follow some of the other 1st members at that time. To Cory, Merl is very very young.

She offers one more thing to Saul, "Hey, like, I don't know, but maybe Sara would rather, like hang out with me and Merl, instead of like riding in some dumb tin can."

When she finally catches up with Merl (w or w/o Sara), Cory asks, "Like I am totally glad to see you."

If the girl is with her, Cory will introduce her to Merl.

But in response to Merl's fear, Cory tries to mollify him, but to still be honest. "Like, I totally get it. I miss them all too. Like it's weird right, how much they mean to us in like so little time?" Her fingers work the rosary which belies her calm as she talks to her friend, as does slipping out of Dragonese into American, "Most people die. Like it's just whatever, you know, like, most things eventually like die." Then she moves closer to theology, "Like, though, right, that's okay, life, death, pretty much it's uh, part of like. Right, so, like that's okay. I hate that Fell died, I'm sad that Sayeen died, but they did, and that's like part of like. It just is. For, me it's part of like what Sun and Moon taught me. But like, you're like, it's gonna be rough, like, I can't like, make it easy. Everyone i know who's like died, like, it hurts. But I go on cause, like, I need to like live, that's what I'm supposed to do."

"I'm not going anywhere, not if I can help it."

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Saul wrote:
Saul wipes his forehead and stuff his handkerchief into his lapel. He nods at Rod, " Thanks for checking the straps. I do appreciate your concern for Sara. She has been through a lot. Children should never be put in these dire situations, and yet the nature of the world is set to gale force tempest. The world seeks to capsize despite age, the sea that swirls between person and person is an indiscriminate killer." Saul sighs looking out the window and glancing down at the sensor screen, " I don't know Rod...the folks at the hotel should have some clean clothes for her and can at least provide her a good meal. Don't worry about me either, my dreams keep me up most of the night so my default state is worn-out.". Saul seemed to about to say more...


Watching the sensors, Rod nods as he hears Saul to talk about Sara. "If you are taking responsibility for her, I think you need to do more than hope the hotel have some clean clothes and food for her. You'll need to be a parent. Maybe you should find her home here in this town, on the trail, or as you would say, the sea, the right place for a child?"

Saul wrote:
Saul's eyes widen as he sees a blip on the screen and something horrible below. " Rod! Below us, in the canyon! The deep lord has arisen!"


Rod's body reacts before his mind as he hears Saul raise the alarm. The two of them are pressed back into their seats as the large flying robot suddenly banks and rolls. The Dragonwing performs a crazy Ivan turning suddenly on another vector since they had been following a predictable pattern for the search. Wait, I should have seen the image come up in the HUD. Rod quickly looks at the instrument panel and screens. Am I being punked? Facing away from the Sea Inquisitor, Rod's expression shows a slight quirk of a grim. I am the new guy maybe this is some sort of initiation ritual. Okay I'll play along.

Using his link to the aircraft Rod causes the engines to hiccup. "Oh Sh$t! We've been hit hold on!" The control surfaces on the Dragonwing flutter causing the robot to judder in the air. The lights inside the cabin begin to flutter. They go dark, the pervasive vibration of the four massive engines suddenly stops. Rod screams, "We've lost power! We are going down!" The Dragonwing is not an aircraft with large wings, it relies on it's engines and it's lifting body shape to stay airborne. The flipflop feeling of negative gravity hits both in their stomachs as they begin to drop. The aircraft begins to roll in a tight spiral like a football being thrown. "The controls aren't responding!" The ground spinning quickly fills the screens. Rod can be seen frantically working the controls, swearing under his breath.

Rod glances back looking to see Saul's face, as soon as he sees a sign of panic, he waits a few heartbeats more. Then the power suddenly returns and the legs rotate forward and the huge engines ignite rapidly slowing the Dragonwing, coming to a hover only a few tens of feet from the ground. A chuckle escapes Rods lips, "Boy that was a close one!"

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
((Rolls Carry Over))

Sinder hears Merls transmission,
"Sayeen died, then Lail left us, then Fell died, and now Qoat has left us. I don't like my friends all dieing and leaving us! The rest of you have to PROMISE that you won't die or leave us...especially Cory! PROMISE!!! I don't want to make friends with you if all you are going to do is LEAVE me!!!"

He listens to Cory's response, then keys the Mic. "Merl I will try my best to be around. I didn't like losing Sayeen or Fell either, and when the others moved on it hurts a bit. But if you keep going you might meet them again down the road. I keep meeting people I have met before, seeing them brings satisfaction to the soul, it helps bring backs memories. Like it did with Sayeen. You see humans live a short life. But the memories are passed down through generations I pick up things that my father learned from his father and mother, and the same with my mother. And I’ll pass them down to my children. I’ll add stories about a Dragon named Merl and my children will pass it on. And I hope you will come to visit them too and add your own stories. It is human’s way of being immortal. Some of our cultures believe in an after-life, the spirit lives on, and is always there. Watching and influencing others along the ages. Merl, I want, and need you to stay with us as long as you can. I think we are all suppose to be together to help each other along the path of our lives.”

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1282
Pounding the Pavement

After a night in the pub the group takes up Walcott’s “suggestion” and starts looking into the Simvan/demon raids and what might be happening to the captured people. Given what the group saw in Testament - where captured livestock were being feed to a giant hell beast - there is no telling what the poor captured souls might be used for.

Sinder
Sinder takes breakfast with his contact Gene Quartermane. The adventurer is genuinely saddened to learn of the death of Sir Sayeen and regales Sinder with a few stories of his own regarding the old cyberknight. As talk turns to deal making Gene nods, “Man your convoy is one of the first to break through in a while. Depending on where you’re heading next I might have some cargo for delivery that you can take with you when you leave. Been hard to get things out of town on the down low, I’ll meet your gal and see if she’s the type who can move my merchandise.”

Gene and Walcott hit it off pretty good, but she definitely stays reserved around the guy. After hearing him out she remains non-committal and instead looks to Sinder, “I don’t know how you know that guy, but he reeks of the Black Market to me. Wants me to move his cargo out of here, and drop it off on our way back, with no questions asked about what it is. It’s good money, but probably bad news.”

After a few more words with Walcott Sinder tests out his new bracers and finds them to be awesome. Not only do them make him feel powerful but they can call forth a flaming hound who looks menacing and loyal. The rush of it all makes Sinder burn hot with passion and he can feel the rage of the beast welling up inside of him. It feels great.

Bracers of the Beast
These hellish bracers are used to tame the savage beast, or at least point the savage beast at your enemies! As long as the bracers are worn the users gains the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma). Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge.


The robot shop is also on the burster’s to-do list and the owner is happy to take SInder’s money for some upgrades to his robotic horse and can easily do all the requested modifications for 50,000 credits. When Sinder inquires about the townsfolk the shop owner get serious, “Yes, I lost two of my deliverymen to those ravaging bastards. Tried to hire a bounty hunter to track them down, but last I heard from her is she was tracking them into an old mine up in the mountains. Nothing since.”

Sparky
Silverno has a lot of pubs and Sparky takes the challenge of visiting each one of them to dig up dirt one what’s happening in town. Near the end he is a little more inebriated than intended and starts chatting up his server. She reveals she used to be a working girl at The Lucky Lady, a local brothel and saloon, and says they used to shanghai certain out of town visitors and take them away never to be seen again. Rumors from some of the other girls is that pickings are thin with the demon blockade and girls themselves have started going missing too - using the SImvan raids as cover for disappearing locals.

Rod & Saul
After a long exchange, the pair agree to do some aerial reconnaissance of the mountains and old mines that surround the city. There are dozens of old mines and anyone of them could be a good hiding place. Suddenly, Saul calls out seeing the Lord of the Deep and a giant skeletal monster in one of the canyons below. A few minutes later, the Sea Inquisitor wakes up having passed out in the seat of the Dragonwing, the vision fresh in his mind. Deep within his being he can feel evil emanating from beneath one of the mountains, a deep, old, evil, like the Lord of the Deep himself. It pulls on Saul’s insides with the draw of the sea, he could find it with his eyes closed as it calls to him. The Inquisitor is drawn to the source of evil like a moth to a flame.

Cory
With Merl sulking and Sara needing a babysitting (or a watchdog) Cory hangs around town and talks with Merl. She also takes the opportunity to give Sara a mystical once over, trying to detect if the child has anything odd about her. While the kids is not a demon, shape changer, or other supernatural creature she does have a massive reserve of mystical energy (ooc: tons of latent PPE). This could be a pool that will develop into power later, or perhaps some nefarious demon lord would want to use the child as a battery for an untoward ritual or device.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Timothy emerges from the bar.

"Everyone, Report"

When everyone reports in with their status and information Timothy will unsheathe and look at Fells Blade. "Okay, lets see if i'm crazy or if your actually helping. Lets talk about this mine. This is going to city crawl isn't it."

OOC Comments
Knowledge: Battle: 1d6 = 2 (2) Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Timothy develops a plan to assault the mine.

"Everyone, Meet up 5 miles outside of the mine, be prepared for a long drown out battle."

Timothy ensures the piloting chip is in the reader, ensures the jet pack is secured on his back. With a glance to the horizon, The horse might be interesting. Timothy has a change of heart, loads up the riding chip, heads to the caravan to put away the jetpack and get the saddle.

OOC Comments
Spirit: 1d8 = 5 (5) wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


The demon horse materializes, probably scares the crap out of some innocent bystanders, and rears up. Timothy takes the rains of the horse and stairs it right in the eyes. "We had this discussion before. I'm in charge. Now, lets go. We have some buddies of yours to kill. You don't mind do you?" Timothy will mount the horse and ride towards the mine.

On the ride over, Timothy is actually enjoying himself. The image of a big red combat cyborg on a Clydesdale size red horse galloping through the land. this is what I wanted to do back at HQ. A team riding animals, galloping into battle, what a glorious sight it would be. Timothy imagines seeing a team of troops ridding into battle on the back of triceratops with Timothy leading the charge on the demon horse. Sinder riding next to him on a nightmare, Cory flying support with Merl. This image is a nice pipe dream that Timothy would like to see happen. This would be an amazing sight to see. We gotta get Sinder that fire immune best for his. At the mine, Timothy will tie down the horse so it doesn't go anywhere.

Once the team assembles at the rally point, Timothy will relay the plan. "Form up, We are going in. It's going to be close quarters. Merl, you'll have to shrink some. Cory, I want you in the middle, you are the best medic we got right now. I'll take point, Sparky, bring up the rear. No grenades, we don't want a cave in. We go in and clear the mines. Any Questions?"

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul nods to Rod rubbing his head and yawning, " Sorry about that. Like I said, something evil is always assulting me. I am but a leaf floating on the waters of a still pond. When a stone is tossed in I can feel it. I can close my eyes and feel something old, something dark in the mountains.". For a moment Saul closes his eyes breathing deep, he opens them and says,"Why don't you let me out here and I'll poke arround a bit."

Saul steps out of the dragonwing. He rubs his face with his handkerchief, adjusts his hat, at knocks his bashing stick on the ground. He walks toward the mountain that calls to him. After a bit he hears Timmothy's radio call, he clicks on his comm unit, un sure if its range will work this far, " Gotcha Timmothy, I am out near a vile mountain. Something reminicent of the deep lord dwells here. Once I find its swarmy port I will radio back.". A young child next to him chirps, he looks down and sees Sara, dressed in a fresh shirt, well stitched pants, and a nice set of boots. She takes his hand and the two walk further into the mountainside towards what evil he can sense.
Saul chuckles," Yes of course you were right about him.

Notice11 to find the way
1d6+4 = 6 (2) wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1)


Cory and Merlaggon
Baby sitting Sara is just not very fun. She is hard to keep an eye on and gets into all sorts of stuff. She keeps an arms length from Cory never letting the mystic touch her. But she does find a hot meal and manages to get some clean clothes that fit her. Sadly just about the time Timmothy calls for the group meeting she smiles at you and whispers, " Its time for me to return to Saul.". She disapears before Merlaggon can protest.


Sara
No innocent people were harmed in any previous posts

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
Rod sets the Dragonwing down for Saul and unlocks the hatch so he can get out. He waits a minute to let Saul get some distance away before he begins following on the ground, the Dragonwing an awkward bird on the ground as it follows behind. If he really is that sensitive to the presence of evil, kinda makes me glad that I am not, Rod thinks as he looks at the sensors, more than looking out the windscreen.

The look of surprise on his face when he sees the small girl walking with Saul is huge. "How the heck?" He turns and looks back at the cabin, still no sign that the child had ever been inside. He gives a little shudder, That girl gives me the heebee jeebees.

When he hears the Chrome Commander check in, he radios back as well. "Sarge, orders confirmed. Saul and I are out near the mines, sending our current coordinates."

Hearing the plan, Rod says, "Are you planning to draw it out of the mine? Or are we dungeon crawling, as you can see I am not exactly geared for close quarters combat." He points to the light duty armor and energy pistol at his waist.

Rolls
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Total: 5

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
When Sinder introduces Gene and Walcott he lets them have their talk. He watches and when Gene says his goodbyes Sinder smiles and Gene, stone face as ever states, "Hope we can do bussiness."

Quote:
Then Walcott comes over.
Gene and Walcott hit it off pretty good, but she definitely stays reserved around the guy. After hearing him out she remains non-committal and instead looks to Sinder, “I don’t know how you know that guy, but he reeks of the Black Market to me. Wants me to move his cargo out of here, and drop it off on our way back, with no questions asked about what it is. It’s good money, but probably bad news.”

Sinder looks around and then speaks to her in a low voice, “Yes that is the rumor.” He says with a wink. “I thought it might be good for business if you meet him. He is competition, but if both sides get along it might be good for business. You are ultimately the one who needs to make the decision for the Castle out here. You can take some stuff, swing a little deal, with him, help him and help ourselves. And really bad news! What have we been getting ourselves into eversince we started. Bad news, we might as well get payed a bit more for it. Just make sure you ask him about intel along the route and to keep you updated about changes. One last thing, just beaware Gene is a survivor, a good friend in a pinch, but a survivor.”

Sinder is very pleased with the Braces even though the thought of a demon breed hound is loyal to him. He loves the fire bit and the Hound seems to enjoy him. As he ruffles his head and scratches behind its ear, “So, what if this puppy is massive, horrifying to others, It might be what I need to help talk to some less cooperative enemies into seeing our side of the argument.” The Hell Hound scratches and rolls over putting it’s belly into the air. Sinder scratches it’s chest. He toys with names for his new friend. “Darkness, that is it, Darkness my old friend. Now you don’t eat unless I tell you to good friend. No attacking either, no jumping up on laps, especially Humans they would just burn up. Need to watch your flames around humans. It’s OK to eat Simvan and other monsters. Just wait till I tell you. But makes sure Daddy Sinder does not die. Oh, there is a dragon, his name is Merl you can play with he likes flames too.”

Can I keep the Pretty Puppy
Sinder gets on his hover and slowly takes his new friend to town. “Got to tell the others.” and he radios the Team and Walcott, "Sinder to Walcott and the 1st SET need you to meet me outside of town. I’m OK, but I got a new pet. Merl I really need you to come and see my new pet.”

Sinder waits and has darkness sit near him. He introduces the Team to Darkness. “Darkness takes orders from me. And as far as I know might be very helpful in guarding our camp. He will provide a huge fire to light the da… night. I can’t believe anyone would want to take anything from the caravan with him nearby.” He makes sure Darkness understand that these are friends, and they are OK, “No bite these Darkness, they are friends, trust them. Oh, we have a Mascot for the 1st SET. If you think it is advisable. I’ll camp outside of town with Darkness.”

When the group meets up (or at least some do), Sinder listens and then brings up the information from the shop owner. “The person I had work on my robot horse said that he had two deliverymen working for him and they were taken. He also hired a bounty hunter to go find them. Last words from her was she going up to a mine in the mountains.”

Before departing for the Mission Sinder gets his Robot horse and loads his gear on it. Especially since they lost the Q-Mobile as a Transport. He names the robot horse “Starfire”. “Starfire this Darkness you two don’t harm each other. Darkness no playing with Starfire he burns. Starfire you have the ability to understand others so I would like you to keep track of conversations but not to reply unless told to do so.". “People might talk around a robot horse thinking no one is there to over hear their conversations.”

Sinder offers the others a lift to the meet up site.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
The meet up:

By the time the rest of the gang shows up at the meeting spot...
Saul is crouched on a rock his armor is marred with blackened soot and the spoils of hell litter the ground. He hands Sara a sandwhich, turkey on rye with red sauce. She vigorously munches down on the tasty treat. Saul glances back towards the ever present dragonwing. He gives it a wave and wipes his forehead with his hankercheif. It was a good thing, Rod was so concerned for our saftey. I am not sure I could have found the cave, and reported back on my own. The forces of evil that are inside this mountain.... They will test the depths of courage of those I travel with, even myself...
" If I have not said this Rod, Sara and I appriciate the gaurdian dragonwing. Did I ever tell you about the time I was out in the Burning sea aboard this fishing trawler captained by a one eyed cyclops..." Saul's voice trails off as he sees his companions and their demonic assets sally forth. " Be on your gaurd Rod, the Chrom Commander approaches and hell comes with him."
Saul waves to the others and pulls Sara behind him. He picks up a stick and enchants it with his supernatural destructive force.
Fear check 10
spirit 1d12 = 10 (10) wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

Loudly Saul calls his voice echoing, " Timothy and Sinder what evil do you bring into our midst? Even if you now control these foul creatures, do not be decieved, they are agents of chaos and will sow the seeds of your destruction." Saul rushes forward he weapon ready to strike, " You do not know me, but my task in life is to rid that which you now have. Cry havok!!". Just as Saul is about to strike the hell hound, Sara from afar chirps. Saul pauses mid swing looking at her.

Under his breath he mutters, " Twice now the sea has risen, twice now the bow breaks. Thrice a terrible visage to be ridden..." Saul takes a step back instead of killing the hell hound. Sara cocks her head and Saul glances at her nodding. " Indeed..". Softly Saul pats Sinder and looks at Timothy with regret, " I am sorry... even if I were to kill your connection I could not undo the threat that is upon you, something evil has put its hooks into you. I would call it the Lord of the Deep, but perhaps it is more like its brother. Know this I will scoure the lands and find a way to saftey release you. All I ask is that you be mindful of your newfound power."

Saul returns to his perch on the rock with Sara and gives Rod the all clear signal. I wonder if putting them out of the assured misery would have been better.Off handedly Saul mentions, " Rod and I located a mine so despoiled and deep that it is perhaps a gateway unto hades itself. It calls to me... It was easy to find, and that I find troubling."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Timothy sits on top the horse as Saul charges them. I really need to get one of those cowboy hats now. When Saul backs down, timothy will lean forward in his saddle. "There is an old saying son, He who lives in a glass house..." Timothy will point towards Sarah. "Now, if your sure Sarah here is no threat, lets move on." Timothy will look at the hell hound. "I like it, if we keep these guys in line, It will put the fear of the Emperor into our enemies. Now back to the mission at hand."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:22 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Sinder comes to a halt on top of the Hover, the horse, StarFire is carring additional goods for the group. He halts Darkness, after he sees Saul closing, "Darkness stay, Saul, he is a friend." to Saul, "Saul it's OK, the hound is my protector and he is well behaved. Yes the creatuer comes from evil, but it can do good. His name is Darkness. Just don't get to close to his flames."

Sinder tries to defuse the situation quickly by switching the topic to the cave. "Tell us more about this cave? How big is it? Can we fit large items inside the cave likte the size of the dragon or Dragon wing? Are there Simvans and the mounts around? What types of Mounts?"

Sinder speaks to his small group, "Starfire Darkness scan the area for signs of the Simvan."
Starfire Notice
1d6+2 = 8 (6)
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)
Darkness Notice
1d10 = 7 (7)

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Sinder wrote:
Sinder comes to a halt on top of the Hover, the horse, StarFire is carring additional goods for the group. He halts Darkness, after he sees Saul closing, "Darkness stay, Saul, he is a friend." to Saul, "Saul it's OK, the hound is my protector and he is well behaved. Yes the creatuer comes from evil, but it can do good. His name is Darkness. Just don't get to close to his flames."

Sinder tries to defuse the situation quickly by switching the topic to the cave. "Tell us more about this cave? How big is it? Can we fit large items inside the cave likte the size of the dragon or Dragon wing? Are there Simvans and the mounts around? What types of Mounts?"

Sinder speaks to his small group, "Starfire Darkness scan the area for signs of the Simvan."
Starfire Notice
Original post: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
wild dice Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Darkness Notice
Original post: 1d10 = 7 (7)


Those two will have there faces eaten by the creatures they think they control. Not even a thanks... I knew a blind sea captian, his boat was beeched for years, and then one day the cove flooded and his ship sunk. It had a well worn hole in its hull... I tried, I tried. Saul looks at Sara and sighs. Sara chirps and Saul nods, he answers Sinder's question. " The cave is maybe twice the size of the dragonwing at its mouth. From what I could tell the denziens of hell left it ungaurded say for a beast made of the dead remains of creatures and heroes that have come before... The Skull Keeper, a dark siren that consumes everything."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Rod listens to Saul accuse Timothy and Sinder of working with demonic forces. Uh, I'd swear that kid just appeared out here, if that's not considered unnatural I don't know what is. Rod thinks. These are supposed to be the good guys, what the hell! Rod chuckles to himself, Is going on around here?

The pilot asks Timothy, "I hadn't heard that the Tomorrow Legion had an emperor, did that lady, Hammerheart, crown herself recently, and the news just hadn't reach this far west yet?"

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Quote:
"I hadn't heard that the Tomorrow Legion had an emperor, did that lady, Hammerheart, crown herself recently, and the news just hadn't reach this far west yet?"


Timothy is taken back by the question and looks at Rod like he has a third head. "It's just an expression. A hold over from my CS days. You'll get used to it."

It's not like I'm keeping my time in the Army a secret.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
Timothy is taken back by the question and looks at Rod like he has a third head. "It's just an expression. A hold over from my CS days. You'll get used to it."


Rod opens his mouth then closes it. His CS days? This guy is a full combat cyborg, and they just let him walk away? Well, he is running around on some sort of demonic horse. His former superiors would have shot him on site if they had seen that. Strange that they didn't do that anyway...if he's a deserter. He scratches his chin, I may have to perform an exorcism using highly energetic particles if these devices appear to be influencing their behavior overtly.

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Having filled Tim in on what he had found out he was amiable to a trek out to the mines to investigate Saul's end of the stick. "Sure, Tin Man let me put on my Sunday's best and I'll be right along."

Out in the livery stable Sparkmort paused to pack a ruck with his personal armor and weapons. If he had to go down a mine the Titan Gnome may not fit so he thought it a good idea to be prepared. As he was going through his stuff and prepping his gear he came across the amulet he had found out on the road. It seemed obvious to him that it was magic but magic generally wasn't his thing. On the other hand he was a gnome and his curiosity as to what it did gnawed at him fiercely. He stared at it laying in his hand for what seemed like hours before he sighed and slipped the chain around his neck. The metal felt warm against his chest. Well, Sparky it's hardly the first bad idea you've ever had and it probably won't be the last.

Preparations complete he climbed up his access ladder and sealed himself in the Titan Gnome armor, bringing the systems online. In short order the telltales showed a satisfactory green board and his armored fist reached down to grab the ruck and he strode out of the stable and headed towards the coordinates provided by Saul and Rod.

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Notice 10, Raise. Knowledge (Electronics) 5, Success. Fear Roll 14, Raise.
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6)
Notice Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

+2 from sensors

Spirit 1d6 = 6 (6)
Spirit Ace 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 = 6 (6)

+2 from Brave

Knowledge (Electronics) 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)
As Sparkmort bounded through the desert he kept one eye on his sensors determined that nothing would be sneaking up on him if he could help it. His concern that he would have trouble locating the others proved unfounded as the huge form of Rod's Dragonwing came into view. A few minutes later Sparkmort landed in a crouching skid and a cloud of dust near the Dragonwing.

As he took in the scene his eyebrows threatened to crawl up on top of his head as he took in the scene of Tim "I hate magic" Cyborg sitting on top of what he'd swear was a demonic horse. If that wasn't enough Sinder shows up with a Hellhound in tow! "Uh, interesting pet store you guys have been shopping at. Did they come with a complimentary fire extinguisher?" Uh oh, did those things come from something they found on the road to Silverno? Crap! I knew I should have dropped this amulet in a volcano or something. I've got a really bad feeling about this. I just hope this thing doesn't make me grow a tail or horns or something even worse! The family would never let me live it down if they found out I got my ass cursed because I didn't have the sense to just leave it alone.

Inside his armor Sparkmort shrugs and grins. "We going in the cave? After a gestalt undead creature of incredible, even dangerous proportions? Sounds like fun, I'm in."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 256
Taking a break from his sulking, Merlaggon flies over to the mine where Saul and Sparky were waiting.

"I can probably draw it out, and I should be tough enough to take a few blows from it. I can also try out my new ring on my finger... see how SHINY it is? It can also make me the size of an adult Flamewing... just watch..."

With that, Merlaggon concentrates and activates his Band of Growth, changing into what looks like a demonically corrupted Adult Dragon (Size 8)

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
    +1 due Post Rate
    -1 due to Dungeon Crawl Round 2 Extra Effort
    +1 due Portal Diving
    -1 due to Extra Effort on Tail Swipe
    +1 due Self Sacrificing Action vs. Balrog
    -1 due to Soak vs. Balrog hit
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (2 Armor, -1 to be Hit by Ranged)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7 - or 41(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon without Band of Growth
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Second Wind - Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Florence Nightingale - Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 8 (6) Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


The girl worries Cory. The hell-beasts worry Cory. Her fancy bracelet actually worries her too. All the more so because of the hellish nature of all the other "prizes". She corners Saul before they head out to the mines and really grills him about Sara.

"Tell me everything, like now."
OOC Comments
Uses "Spill the Beans" Adventure Card: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.


She will attempt to examine each and every thing from the simvan hoard if she can get ahold of it. This stuff is no good. And she wants to know as much as possible.

Multiple Exalted Detect Arcana
Tim: Total 7 Mysticism 1d10+4 = 7 (3) Wild 1d6+4 = 9 (5) (Twist of Fate)
Sinder: Total 5 Mysticism 1d10 = 4 (4) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)
Merl: Total 17 Mysticism 1d10+4 = 9 (5) Wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6) Ace 1d6 = 6 (6) Double Ace 1d6 = 1 (1) (Twist of Fate)
Anyone else: Fail 1d10 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Once all her investigation is done, she will have a chat with Tim. She will proceed to lecture him on demonic creations, no matter how mundane they are, they corrupt. And she will probably tell him more about Sara, unless it seems like that will result in the girl getting hurt or expelled. Then she'll brood on the choice to inform Tim or not.

She spends extra time with Merl trying to explain to him the temptations of the demonic items. "Merl, these things seem like a good thing. But that's just to tempt you into using them. The more you use them, the more the demonic nature takes hold of you and you start to change into a bad thing. Like those bad things we've been fighting. You'll lose yourself. You will be controlled by the demon power inside the bracelets. I'm here to fight demons, and this seems like bad magic.

Finally, all that accomplished she'll head to the mines with the other. She completely agrees with Saul about the creatures, reinforcing her earlier point to Tim.

Whatever the success or failure of her arguments are, she'll leave it where ever the argument ends and prepare for the spelunking. Charging her armor, charging her sword, sniffing around for a ley line (hopefully).

"Like, got it. Middle, healer. Right. Sure. If there's another demon, like, you know, one we can't hurt, I won't wait so long with the banish. It's kind of not like that totally reliable, but like, let me know when I should try that? Right?" she says to Tim acknowledging his request (order, even) and letting him know that she has a power that might be useful.

With serious trepidation about the demonic allies, she is prepared for this inevitable conflict.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 6/25 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 11(6); Strain: 6
Condition:
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
    +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 1/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver
(Left) TW Club:
    Str+1d4, +1 Parry


"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Saul looks at Cory, hesitating for a moment and looks at Sara nearby muching on a half eaten ration.
Saul looks ashamed and whispers to Cory, " Look, you are right. I am keeping something back. I don't know if you saw the orphanage at the last town... I gave them all the creds I got from the sale of arms and cavalry bounties. I spent most of my free time with the kids and Sara in particular." Saul smiles weakly at Sara, " There is something familiar, and special about her. Her parents died early on, a sad but not unfamiliar tale. She is mute. I tried to cheer her up. Tales of the high seas and all." Saul shakes his head and shrugs, " Just before we left, I realized the orphanage is more of the selling kids veriety. Dispicable, and I told the matriarch to end it, or I would once we cane back through. I don't know... Somehow either Sara stowed aboard the cnvoy, or maybe the orphanage in a misguided attempt to apease me put her on Walcotts transport."
Saul sits down wiping his face with his hankercheif. " On our final leg I noticed food going missing, just a small amount. I looked into it and found Sara a mess, hungry and ill clothed. Q let her ride with us and we fed her. During one of the last demon raids they took her and I got her back. I really can't say how the rescue went down it is all a bit fuzzy."
Saul rubs his eyes thinking for a sec, " Look, I know the wild isn't a place for a girl, but this world doesn't care where you are. No place is safe. How old were you when you first started adventuring? She doesn't have family, and I think we have bonded somehow. I can understand her subtlies. I know she is going back to the orphanage but I can't put my finger on it... I think she needs to be here with us, with me."
Saul shakes his head a little surprised at getting it all out and off his chest. He looks over at Sara who is smiling sweetly back st the two having finished her ration. " Just look at her, it just melts my heart."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Timothy listens to Cory especially about her warning about using the items found in the fight. "I agree with you that these are dangerous. I would be lying to you if I said I was fully okay with using them. I agree that they should probably be destroyed, but I don't know how to do that safely and good luck getting it away from the others. The Legion is pretty lenient on its magic item policy. If you have a way to destroying them safely, I'll be the first one to get rid of it. I am concerned about Saul and Merl the most. It does look like theirs has the ability to influence them or at least is leading them to temptation. As far a talking Merl down from using it, we might need you, me, and Sinder. He trusts you, but sometimes even the most addicted people will not listen to the people they love."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am
Posts: 47
(rolls carried)

Rod holds his ground when Merlaggon joins the group. He'd seen dragons...from a distance during the war. He's on our side, just remember, he's on our side. He's a big one. Then the dragon become demonic...Holy F! Is he a fricken' shadow dragon? Those things were utterly vicious against the Coalition. Rod's face blanches a bit and he takes a step back to the Dragonwing. When Merlaggon transform back, a little shakily, Rod says, "Uh hi, name's Rod, I fly this." He thumbs back towards the large robot. "It's called a Dragonwing, in honor of your kinds superiority in the skies."

He then hears Timothy's dissembling about his hell horse. "Dudes! Out of the 6 of you, 3 of you have some sort of demonic tainted item and you all think it's okay. I don't know squat about magic, but this whole using evil to fight evil doesn't really work. I wouldn't be surprised if Cory, Saul and Sparky here haven't gained some doohickey that looks all cool and what naught, but really is some demon's ploy to slowly bring you over to their side. I know I am the new guy, but my suggestion is dump your pockets, figure out what new magical items you've picked up around the same time. Then if Merlaggon can't burn them up with fire, we dig a deep whole and toss the lot in."

_________________
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record

Stats
Personal
Toughness: 12(7), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)


Q2 2018 Adventure Cards
  • (14) In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • (24) Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
  • (29) Bullseye! - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.


Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 238
Rolls carried over...

To Saul:
“I’ve like been on my own for like a while. I lost everyone and everything I knew because of the like Tolkeen war. It’s totally hard to say, like the war hadn’t ended when I was you know alone. But I don’t like know how long I was with Sun and Moon. They like have a different sense of time than we do, you know.”

“This girl like totally needs training like now. I don’t know if I can like teach her actual magic, you know. My path may be like different from hers. Like I can at least help like focus her power with like meditation. I totally think some form of prayer might like help too. Even if like it’s just to nature spirits or you know something like that. Her reaction to my charm totally like makes me think she needs to totally for real focus on the good and like absolutely move away from the darkness. You know?”

To Tim:
Cory frowns. She will have to do some research to figure out how to destroy these items. “Look, like i know now isn’t the time to like solve this, right. I totally get that. I think it’s like maybe okay for everyone but Merl to like use these like uh things for like now. Like when we’re done, I’ll figure out how to totally like dispose of them, you know. I am like totally worried about Merl. Like you know he is young and totally impressionable, like naive, you know. His bracelet totally like literally actually turns him into an for real evil and totally corrupt creature. I don’t think he like has the experience to like resist its power if you know it tries to tempt him. His moral framework totally isn't strong enough yet. Sinder like worries me a little too, but like not as much.”

To Merl in Dragonese:
“Merl, I’m worried about what that magic thing does. It turns you into a creature of evil. It may feel good, but that’s how it tricks you into using it. Each time you use it you lose part of your own free will. It will take over, you won’t be you. You’ll be an evil slave to the demonic power. And what’s worse you’ll start to like it. You’ll like hurting people. You’ll like destroying things just for fun. People, even good people, will hate you. And they will have good reason to hate you. You are a good person Merl. You are strong and have great potential to help people i need. You are powerful, and young. You are the perfect target for something this evil. Please don’t use it.”


Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 262
Quote:
"Dudes! Out of the 6 of you, 3 of you have some sort of demonic tainted item and you all think it's okay. I don't know squat about magic, but this whole using evil to fight evil doesn't really work. I wouldn't be surprised if Cory, Saul and Sparky here haven't gained some doohickey that looks all cool and what naught, but really is some demon's ploy to slowly bring you over to their side. I know I am the new guy, but my suggestion is dump your pockets, figure out what new magical items you've picked up around the same time. Then if Merlaggon can't burn them up with fire, we dig a deep whole and toss the lot in."


"Rob,

I agree, they need to be gotten rid of. leaving them for someone else to find them is not an option. Until we have a way to destroy them they will be in our possession."


Quote:
“Look, like i know now isn’t the time to like solve this, right. I totally get that. I think it’s like maybe okay for everyone but Merl to like use these like uh things for like now. Like when we’re done, I’ll figure out how to totally like dispose of them, you know. I am like totally worried about Merl. Like you know he is young and totally impressionable, like naive, you know. His bracelet totally like literally actually turns him into an for real evil and totally corrupt creature. I don’t think he like has the experience to like resist its power if you know it tries to tempt him. His moral framework totally isn't strong enough yet. Sinder like worries me a little too, but like not as much.”


"I agree Cory, Once you feel that you can destroy these items, we will do it. Even if it's one item at a time."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2


Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Posts: 111
Cory Tetrascroll wrote:
Rolls carried over...

To Saul:
“I’ve like been on my own for like a while. I lost everyone and everything I knew because of the like Tolkeen war. It’s totally hard to say, like the war hadn’t ended when I was you know alone. But I don’t like know how long I was with Sun and Moon. They like have a different sense of time than we do, you know.”

“This girl like totally needs training like now. I don’t know if I can like teach her actual magic, you know. My path may be like different from hers. Like I can at least help like focus her power with like meditation. I totally think some form of prayer might like help too. Even if like it’s just to nature spirits or you know something like that. Her reaction to my charm totally like makes me think she needs to totally for real focus on the good and like absolutely move away from the darkness. You know.”

Saul smiles appreciating Cory's willingness to help him train his young charge. " Thank you Cory, I get the gist of what you are saying and Sara should be guided and trained. The captain of the Dwali Nirwhal a fine ship any any you could imagine. Golden sails red rimmed tannins. A deck hewn from a single tree if you would beleive it. Ahh a fine ship, the Captain would call us out each morning with the rising of the sun and there we would bask in the eternal glow with joyful silence. Meditation soothes the soul he would say. Meditation would be good for not just her but us all. For now though our sails are set in the direction of this mammoth cave and I will do my best to protect her just as I would any of you."

_________________
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range) Toughness 16(6)
Active powers:
Combat edges:
    Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 48/48
    IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in

Saul Bennies
Bennies: 1/3
+1 post rate
+1 guytar
-1 psionics
-4 bennies vs balrog
+1 Benny for cool maneuver


Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 177
Location: San Antonio
Sinder heSinder hears all the talk and thinks, "Yes this might be bad news, but if I take the arm bands off, I have no control. Then things might get really bad."

Sinder tries to remember things from his parents about such things. He remembers quotes concerning lying in bed with the devil, and other such things then his mother’s voice, "If you think that straddling the line is OK it isn't. some presents come with handcuffs. that is why your father and I travel as a team. We both are there to not only protect each other from the seen adversaries but from the un seen and unknown." "I agree with Rob, until we find a way of getting rid of these things, we are the caretakers. We will have to watch each other and monitor and not the affects. this might help us predict what might happen later."


He tries to get the group moving, thinking any other talk about this out here is useless there are people to save. "So, Let's get on with the mission, Leader what are our marching orders?"

In the back of his mind though he thinks, "Darkness is a friend I will be sad if anything happens to him."
.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40
Active Psi Power:

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 2EP Bennies 3 For 2nd Quarter 2018
Bennys: 2 EP, 3 for 1st Quarter +1 post
Cards:
5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP
36 Power Surge EP

New Cards 1st quarter
13 Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
43 Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

size=150]Weapon [/size]
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Bracers of the Beast
the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).Additionally, The owner receives a free d6+2 in Intimidate. However he also suffers from occasional bouts of uncontrollable rage, receiving Bloodthirsty as a Major Hindrance, and also gaining the Berserk Edge
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage


Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 93
Cory's tirade about the dangers of the magic trinkets the group had found was not making Sparky feel better about the amulet around his neck. Even so he still did not know just what the little amulet could do and his natural curiosity was like a little voice in the back of his mind urging him to keep the thing on until he found out. How bad could it be? I'm sure it must be fine. Nothing bad has happened yet so far right? You're worrying for nothing, Sparky. Get a grip. But what if it turns me into something like Jack? What if I become the kind of thing that needs to be hunted down rather than the one doing the hunting? Dammit!

Spirit 4
Spirit 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
To any observer Sparky's inner struggle is completely unnoticeable. On of the advantages of an armor shell separating you from the outside world. Reaching a decision Sparkmort unseals his armor and pulls the amulet from his neck and drops it quickly into his ruck with his other gear before he has a chance to change his mind. Sealing himself back into his armor he looks wistfully down at his bag. But what if there isn't anything nefarious with this one? What if there isn't anything wrong with it at all? Maybe I should just put it back on. Stop it you idiot. Just leave it where it is and let Cory look at it later. If it checks out ok you can put the borking thing back on.

Turning his attention back to the others he quips, "So we going to stand around and play Jeopardy! or are we going to kick some evil ass? If it is the former I'll take Infernal Contracts for 200, Alex."

_________________
Judge me by my size do you? Let me put on my OTHER suit.

Bennies 3 of 6

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Player Name James
Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d10 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8
Pace 5(12) | Parry 7 | Toughness PA 21(12) MDC / BA 12(5)

Ammo
Rail Gun: 12
Rocket Launchers: Right (2) / Left (2)

Frequently used skills
  • Shooting d10
  • Fighting d10
  • Repair d10 + 2
  • Notice d6

Edges
  • [IF] Power Armor Jock
  • [FG] Strong Willed - +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [HJ] Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [HJ] Elan - +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Strength
  • Luck/Great Luck - +2 Bennies per session (6 bennies/session)
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Ambidextrous - Ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand

Hindrances
  • Racial Curious - Gnomes are smart and inquisitive and generally don’t give a second thought about sticking their nose into some interesting (and potentially dangerous) situation.
  • Major Overconfident - No job too big for me and my Titan Gnome.
  • Minor Enemy (Mandrake the Undying, Renegade Necromancer) - I’m going to catch up to Mandrake one of these days and when I do I’m going to end him once and for all.
  • Minor Loyal - I’m no hero but it’ll be a cold day in hell before I leave friend or family behind.


Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 79 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.