View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:31 pm



Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ] 
 The trip must go on 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
The team will have one week of game time to do whatever they want to do. The town is rebuilding, but most facilities are intact. Write an interlude for 1 or 2 XP (retroactive) of what you are doing during this week.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Interlude
The week passed reasonably quickly for Conrad, as he carried out repairs and maintenance to the ATVs and both Glitter Boys. With help from one of the local techs, he was able to modify his ATV further, installing an upgrade on his ATV.

There was more work to be done around town; the attack by the Necromancer and the Murder Wraiths had caused damage, coupled with the destruction of the warehouse and damage to the docks from Johnny’s shooting during their initial reconnaissance, which had almost gone tragically wrong. With his engineering skills, he was able to assist in the speedy construction of a replacement warehouse and other repairs around the river town.

He took some time to talk to the rest of the squad. Norona he’d known for longest and that had only been for a few days. However, seeing Deezy and talking to Tarin before he left brought up memories as he slept.

“Conrad, you under that Samson armour or did you finally hire a competent operator to work for us?” An middle aged man with fading red hair shouted across the packed garage. Conrad chuckled at their old joke.

“No sign of anybody competent in this workshop Klatta. Even the crusty old ones whose eyes are going blind and can’t tell a spanner from a welder.” He shouted back, waving his foot as a hello.

He twisted the spanner he was holding, untightening a bolt holding access to a control panel inside the leg. Between his strength and weight, generally he could get most bolts open without resorting to machinery and it was a point of pride with him that he did so. The circuits in the leg of this Samson armour had short circuited whilst in use, causing the jump jets to only partially fire and the armour had flown sideways into a building. The pilot had survived, though concussed.

“Better that, than trying to hold together that ATV of yours with nothing but duct tape and superglue,” Klatta continued.

“I’ll have you know that glue was the kraziest I could find. Maybe you should get your daughter to work for us. Show us how it’s all done.”

“Well, if she ever came home,”
Klatta responded wistfully, “that would be a lot easier if she ever learned to drive. Next time she comes back, you happy to teach her the basics, though I’d be happier if she didn’t learn some of those stunts you pull?”

“And what’s wrong with my driving?”
Conrad pouted, pretending to be hurt by the commentary on his driving style, “I’ll have you know that spinning an ATV sideways around a building at 60mph is perfectly normal.”

Klatta gave Conrad a reproachful look, wagging his finger at the younger Grackletooth, “I lost my lunch on that stunt, never again.”

“There’s hot coffee in the office, including that pitcher you call a mug Conrad,”
an older female voice called out from a side office, “and there is an officer here to see you Conrad. I think it’s something important.”


Sliding out from underneath the Samson, Conrad cleaned his clawed hands on an industrial strength towel as Klatta shrugged, not knowing what was going on either. Conrad walked into the office, ducking down and shifting slightly to the side in order to get through the door. Things were always a bit awkward considering his size. He didn’t use the office much, which is why he’d never gotten around to altering the door. Always one more job that needed doing.

“I’ll leave you to it,” Mrs Klatta said, removing herself from the office, closing the door behind her. She was the sensible one out of them, though she and her husband didn’t hold much with Conrad actually signing up to the Tolkeen army. Thankfully so far, he’d been deployed to the motor pool, hence the Samson being on the shop floor. Perhaps the officer needed an upgrade or wanted to get a piece of equipment pushed up the schedule.

The guards stood outside their shop door suggested otherwise, as did the ornate armour with magical (he presumed) sigils that the officer wore. He stood tall and proud, but his face had scars which said he had seen combat.

“My name is Warlord Darrin Bane, commander North Area defense forces. We are sending relief forces out to a border post which has been hard pressed by Coalition forces out on the FOM border. Some of the troops there are mercenaries and technology users, not the magic arts and I understand you are a competent operator to repair their gear.”


Conrad looked quizzically at the Warlord, “I’m happy to go out, but if I may ask a question Warlord?” Warlord Bane nodded for Conrad to continue, “Why me and why come in person? I am sure that a Warlord has far better things to be doing than to order a lowly sergeant to go on a mission. Don’t you have lots of subordinates to do this for you?”

Warlord Bane chuckled softly, “One of the Seers told me you had to go. No details, but insistent that you do so. I came to find out why,” he explained, “but so far I’m not seeing the reason.”

Conrad was puzzled and it was evident across his face.

“Alrighty chumm… Sir,” he corrected himself, he was always pretty chatty and informal with people, but he was sure that would not fly in this case, “can’t say why either. Not really one for that magical stuff. I shall get my gear together. Am I providing my own vehicle? It has my gear already installed.”
….
Several days later
“Sergeant Conrad, Captain Turne went down in that last attack by those things. He’s rambling about the eyes,” the Corporal (a Trimadore called Harlet) reported in hurriedly, “most of the NCOs are down. You are in charge now.”

‘Frak’ Conrad thought, ‘how the hell had it ended up like this with him in charge. He was an operator damn it, not a battlefield commander.’ Now here he was, stood in a trench fortification in the middle of the night. “Give me a sit-rep.” he ordered, trying to sound like he knew what he was doing.

“Most of the mages are exhausted and we lost three people in that last raid; we have an ample supply of wooden stakes and clubs, but it will be another three hours until dawn.”

“We’re not going to survive another attack like that,” Conrad spat some blood into the dirt. One of the buggers had connected a fierce punch into his jaw and now it was sore as hell, “but we are not just going to roll over for them.”

Having seen them up close, these things were feral and one of the mages, Baggit he thought had been the name, had said this was behaviour consistent with no master being around to direct them and they were acting on instinct. Unfortunately, Baggit’s throat had been ripped out during the second attack and nobody else knew a lot on Vampires past a few basics. All the blood must have driven them wild and woken them, because this place had only been occupied for a few weeks. If things continued like this, then they were going to get overrun. They needed reinforcements and to not have to worry about their flank.

“Get that Coalition lieutenant on the line. The only way we are surviving tonight is by working together.”


“But sir, you want us to work with the Coalition after everything that happened?” Corporal Harlet sounded incredulous.

“Enemy of my enemy and all that. If we can make it through to dawn, then we can worry about the Coalition, but right now, we need bodies to hold them off.” The Trimadore remained incredulous and paused.

“Do it,” he ordered, knowing that it would be a controversial order. If they survived, then they could court martial him later. “Bloody Seers,” Conrad swore, “could have been happily back in my garage.”

He woke up, rubbing his eyes as dawn peaked through the panels on the ATV. That was a hell of a set of memories to get dragged up. Must have been the Murder Wraiths and seeing Deezy that dredged all that up, considering he tried to forget about most of it. He missed Deezy’s parents and he’d never gotten chance to show Deezy how to drive. Maybe now was time to start.

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Ahh, man. How long had it been since she'd just gotten to sit down and MAKE stuff?

Deezy fitted her goggles down over her eyes and adjusted the focus to magnify the pieces she had spread out over the workbench in front of her. For all her apparent flightiness, she had a knack for keeping little bits in order and remembering how they fit together. Putting something together wrong ground her gears...it was the mental equivalent of having a pebble in a shoe.

Hmm...animated shoe, will spit pebbles out? Maybe massage feet? Stay focused!

The diamonds she'd found in the old owner's stash were high quality too. You didn't get gems that size that were pure enough for storage very often. Just knocking over an old jewelry store wouldn't do, wouldn't do at all. He must have been successful.

She found herself feeling bad he was gone. Even if it meant she could get something out of it. He'd probably made a lot of people happy. Would she be doing the same? Taking his stuff and hauling it miles away to sell gear to mercenaries and revolutionaries? Well, sure...those guys would go out and do good things then. The Tomorrow Legion was like that. And she'd still go out and help too. Between orders.

Hoo, how was that going to work?

Deezy produced a metal rod with a crystal on the end. It flared bright red as she touched it to a circuit board that had been broken in half. Where it touched the board material, and the wires of bronze she was holding up to it, the two dissimilar compounds merged together. For several minutes the work absorbed her completely.

Then she decided...the folks of the town deserved to get something. They'd lost so much. Sure, Deezy and the rest of the Legion team had freed them from a terrible fate...but what about tomorrow? This was the Tomorrow Legion, wasn't it? It was! She wasn't going to just pack up and leave them practically helpless!

The wheels of her chair were a little mismatched, and went klunky klunky klunky as she spun around and pushed off the bench and rolled across the backroom of the old garage to where she had a bunch of the stuff she wasn't using at the moment stacked up. A review of the old inventory. That was healthy!

Man, it seemed like so MUCH when she first found it, but now that she had a real project in mind...she was going to need more. And different. Still, Deezy was pretty sure she could work something out. She brought out a sketchpad and started spitballing ideas. They started out as fifty-foot tall warbots powered by ley lines who could link arms and merge together to form a perimeter forcefield around the whole town... Then maybe just one fifty-foot tall warbot, that could transform into a mecha-dragon. Or okay, it didn't have to do that. And fifty feet might be overkill. Twenty? Ten? A floaty laser drone? Maybe...just...like a way to call for help?

Ugh. Sometimes it felt like she was never going get where she wanted to be. Times like that, Deezy really felt where her Dad and Mom ought to be standing. Like little bits of space that were...emptier than they ought to be. Same amount of air and microbes and dust and little bits of all the other stuff space on the planet usually had. Just somehow emptier, all the same.

Then Deezy saw the workbench all covered in parts and realized she'd totally forgotten about that thing she was making...and with a curse she wheeled back over ( klunky klunky klunky) and got back to work.

There were other projects she wanted to get done, and only a week to do them all before her team went to face the cult! She was going to make sure they all had what they needed to fight things like those murderheads! That was the Klattatech Guarantee!

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Kuikku stands in the doorway of the machine shop watching Deezy work. No matter how long he watches he still can make no sense of how she operates, but she does get things done. He knocks on the door frame again, a bit harder this time. When she finally looks up he smiles. “I know we are heading into a swampy area and was wondering if there was something you could do to my armor to make it easier to move around in wet conditions. It does not need to be anything fancy, just something to help me get around a combat area without slogging through inches of water.”

Seeing her eyes light up at another project Kuikku deposits his armor on the floor next to the door. “Any time you can get to it is fine. And, thank you.” He turns away, still smiling, listening to the happy sounds of tech being worked on.

Watershed Trapping
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1370

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
While the others go about working on their various projects Norona takes the time off to commune with nature. Leaving town he heads into the wilderness, Zoffa sniffing around somewhere off in the distance. His goal is to reflect on the past day, the darkness has truly corrupted this land.

Is this what is in store for my world? Dark men who toy with the dead?

The thought disturbs him greatly. No doubt the forces of darkness were descending on his homeworld as well. As if the entire universe was spilling over with night. Who then will champion the light? Entering a small glade, Norona freezes. The unicorn! The one he had summoned to heal Beretta of her dire wounds was standing there as if waiting for the half-elf to approach.

A symbol of light while I brood in the darkness.

Moving up to the creature, a paragon of light and virtue, Norona nuzzles its head gently. The light of its presence washing over him and radiating peace and tranquility. For the first time since encountering the wraiths and the necromancer he felt at ease. Staying in the glade, Norona sits quietly and reflects on his purpose here on this world, and now, with this Tomorrow Legion. Perhaps, it is clarion call to a be a beacon of light in the midst of this dark world.

Push back the night.

As his purpose and direction for this time of his long life begins to come clear he notices the glade has become dim with twilight. The unicorn has gone, but not without leaving a gift - a horn. At first Norona is aghast. Removing a unicorn’s horn is a vile act. Whoever does so is cursed with boils forever. Considering it carefully he lowers his mystic goggles and examines it. It is not a horn of legend, but a token to summon the light when needed. Satisfied it is not a cursed object, he finally deigns to pick it up. Turning it over in his hand he considers how he might work it into his gear.

Perhaps Deezy can work into into the pommel of my sword.

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
The last week has been one of reflecting and doing for the 32nd SET. Johnny found out more about his family, Deezy inherited a very useful workbench, Norona had a spiritual moment with the unicorn he summoned that first night and Conrad not only helped out rebuilding the town with Johnny but also decided the commitment to Deezy family was something worth keeping. The team meets up to continue the mission a week later. Beretta and Moira are absent, but Narona and Conrad knows the mission must be completed.

Going forward is forest wilderness. This is not the domain of man. Ley line energy is quite common in this region, as well as predators and the Federation of Magic. The team have encountered a few broadkill patrols, and have either avoided them or dispatched them with ease. It looks like the team is on the outskirts of Fed territory, which is a relief. The team is currently following a leyline for a few days now, much to the benefit of several members when they come up to an outpost next to a sign that reads NashVille. Those who can sense magic knows that there is a major nexus point here.

As you enter the city, if there is a Fed Magic presence, it's very light and you could surmise that they will take this over sooner rather than later. There are a variety of stores here, TW, Pure magic were, general stores, and there is a large music center here.

What are your intentions?

OOC Comments
I am assigning the XP for the interlude, If you were only off by 1 XP, you got it.


Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm
Posts: 27
Reply with quote
Firebug spent the trip through the forest in very much the same way she did the week hanging around the town being bored, mostly wandering off and burning things, monsters, interestingly shaped piles of logs, the odd abandoned structure, nothing to important. No matter how big the fire gets it somehow always stays contained to exactly the place Firebug wants it, and that is probably a good thing in a forest this dense.

The city of NashVille is something that clearly escapes her understanding, even this version of it is clearly several orders of magnitude larger than anything she has ever experienced and that reaction is made most clear by the fact that seeing it for the first time stuns her into immobility for longer than anyone has ever seen her stand still, stopped atop a rock or rock wall not even flying about for several minutes as she just looks at the horizon spanning city.

_________________
Firefly
Prototype Signature


Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
While not exactly fun, passing through the Magic Zone gave Norona plenty of chance to use his wingboard. Zipping ahead along ley lines to scout the area or just travel with a little extra breathing room. Of course, Zoffa didn't like it when he was away too long...and the others weren't too sure about Zoffa without Norona around, so the scout kept his wing boarding down a little. The terrain itself reminds him of home, only writ large, an endless expanse of woodlands and low hills. No civilization for miles,. A city on the horizon finally breaks the dense wilderness.

Nash Ville, Norona rolls the city over in his mind. While he hadn't been this way before, he knew some big game hunters from the Dinosaur Swamps who spoke of it. Of course, while humans don't live long at the best of times risk-takers who hunt dinosaurs tend to stick around even less. Shrugging slightly as he dismisses the thought he contacts the group.

"It is on our way, we might as well enter and see what news and supplies can be found. I knew some dino hunters here once. They may have some information on this city, or the road ahead."

I Know a Guy 8
Streetwise 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
-2 for unskilled, +2 for charisma = net zero

Bennie:
Streetwise 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
As the team enters the city, this history of this city so apparent to everyone. Different music is being played in different area, the most popular appears to be something called "Country" music. There are stores dedicated to different artists.

Narona finds an old Dinosaur hunter he traveled with early on at the Hard Rock Cafe. An old Grackletooth big game hunter named LongTooth. As Narona walks up to LongTooth the crowd starts cheering when Johnny Cash starts playing on the monitors.

"Fancy seeing you here." LongTooth takes a sip of his drink "How's the puppy doing?"


Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:06 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Smiling genuinely at Long Tooth, Norona chuckles at the notion that Zoffa is a puppy.

"The puppy is well. He is good company, even if he eats too much," he ruffles Zoffa's fur playfully - no easy feat when dealing with a giant dire wolf. "Our group is heading into the Dinosaur Swamps. No one knows them better than you, have you seen or heard anything that may help us stay safe?" Narrowing his gaze Norona adds quietly, "And anything of cults in the swamps?"

Persuasion 4
Unskilled: 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
-2 unskilled/+2 charisma

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Johnny keeps a wary eye on folks in the city as they enter. The almost normality of the scene seems too good to be true. He tries to keep his GB armor from looking too intimidating. Occasionally, he'll greet folks that pass by--his speakers modulation turned down enough so that his voice doesn't come off as mechanical.

Nashville being a traditional music capital isn't lost on Johnny, but it being in one piece after much of the country he's seen is a bit unnerving, but reassuring. He follows the lead of his companions.

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 1
Quarterly Card: Mechanical Malfunction
"A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Kuikku is happy to see another thriving city. It is not common in these hard times but he knows that effort can pay off nicely. He does not have much experience with this "country" music but he likes what this Johnny Cash is playing. I may need to try to find him and see what else he as done. Maybe get a few recordings for the trip.

Watching the interplay between Long Tooth and Norona causes Kuikku to take another look at he huge dog that has been with them. I guess everything started out small, even a beast such as this. He then waits patiently for any information the group may be able to garner.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Code:
"The puppy is well. He is good company, even if he eats too much," he ruffles Zoffa's fur playfully - no easy feat when dealing with a giant dire wolf. "Our group is heading into the Dinosaur Swamps. No one knows them better than you, have you seen or heard anything that may help us stay safe?" Narrowing his gaze Norona adds quietly, "And anything of cults in the swamps?"


Longtooth takes another sip of his drink, the ice settling in the glass. "Them dinos are spooked. Something big happinin. Them carno's aint hunten right, them spooks that killed jimmy have dissaperd as well. It aint right you know. nuttin like that big storm your puppy warned us about. if'n you have any hevey gear like them glitter boy's, maken sur they can walk cause shootin is going to be dam near impossible."


Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild dice 1d6 = 1 (1)

They arrived in Nashville without much of a problem. Even the Brodkil hadn't been much of a problem for their firepower. Taking the opportunity of the stop, he connected up the two ATVs to recharge the electric engine whilst they had chance in safety, provided they didn't run into an FOM goon squad. They had probably been responsible for what happened before, but knowing and proving it were two very different things. Needing to tune up the other ATV after some hesitant driving from the others, he figured going into town and getting a few sundries would give him the opportunity just to get the lay of the land here in Nashville. Of course, there were no problems here that he could see (critical failure on notice roll).


OOC Comments
Streetwise 1d4 = 3 (3), took it as my other advance
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6)
exploding dice 1d6 = 3 (3)
total 9 - success with a raise. Hopefully learn some juicy info

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
As Conrad plugs the ATV's into the grid for recharge, he notices several wagons, carts and vehicles loading up supplies. The person in charge looks like your average demon, red skin, horns and a tail. "Come one, get the food in the middle vehicle's. Make sure there is plenty of water. Have the med kits spread around, if we loose one cart, we don't want to get hamstrung. LOOK OUT!" Several people rush to a cart that was overturned due to overweight. "I said don't overload that carts, spread out the supplies. Idiots the lot of you." The attractive woman looks at Conrad. "I take it you find this funny? Are you going to stand there or help out?" The woman starts to help out with the cart.


Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm
Posts: 27
Reply with quote
While much to small to assist directly with the wagon Firebug none the less snaps out of her gawking daze when a problem she can understand shows up and she reaches out with her power to enhance the strength of the five strongest looking people working to right the wagon. When that does not work she refocuses her effort to try again.

Greater Boost Trait Strength 1d12+1 = 3 (2)
Greater Boost Trait Strength a second time. 1d12+1 = 4 (3)

_________________
Firefly
Prototype Signature


Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
wild dice 1d6 = 3 (3)

Conrad gave the lady a jagged smile, which caused his unlit cigar to sit up and almost go up his nose. Doffing his cowboy hat to her, he readjusted the silver cross hanging around his neck.
“Of course Chummer, I’d be glad to oblige,” he replied cheerily, bracing himself against the cart and pushing, using his substantial size and bulk to help move the cart back up.. As he did so, he noticed suddenly he felt even stronger than normal (awful notice rolls, so he hasn't spotted Firebug yet). As he did so, he gave the vehicle a quick glance over to check its state and if it needed repair or maintenance. No harm in helping folks out if they need it he thought to himself.

“Whereabouts you headed then?” he asked friendly and politely, “looks like you’re moving from Nashville with all this gear.”


OOC Comments
Conrad is mostly being friendly, but is also seeing if there is trouble in Nashville and why they are leaving. If perchance they are going south towards Dinosaur Swamp, then he will offer to escort them there.
Persuasion 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6)
exploding dice 1d6 = 5 (5) total 11

repair 1d10 = 7 (7)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Seeing Conrad use his brute force to lift the cart, the young woman approaches him. As Conrad is finishing a quick inspection of the cart and he turns around to ask his questions, he notices the young woman is very close to him. "We are heading out to help out some refugees from a rift, there are several hundred people in need, so that requires a lot of food, water, medicine that they don't have. The names Flialhame, but my friends call me Flia. Are there others with you? Escorts, especially from good samaritans such as you, would always be appreciated." While Flialhame is speaking, to those not named Conrad, she does appear to be flirting with him with the realization that his either isn't interested or doesn't notice her advances.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Walking back towards the ATVs Kuikku arrives just as the cart is set right again. Watching the interplay between Conrad and Flia, and how oblivious Conrad is, causes a grin to form on Kuikku's face. Waling a bit closer he asks "In which direction are you headed? We have some of our own concerns we need to address but we may still be able to assist."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Flialhame has a teenage love look in her eyes while looking at Conrad when Kuikku walks up.

Quote:
In which direction are you headed? We have some of our own concerns we need to address but we may still be able to assist.


keeping her eyes on Conrad Flailhame replies. "hmmm? O we are heading to the south for about a day." changing her full attention to Conrad, "however, i'm sure any help you can give will be sufficient" as Flailhame gently touches his chest with her index finger.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Capt. Murdok wrote:
Longtooth takes another sip of his drink, the ice settling in the glass. "Them dinos are spooked. Something big happinin. Them carno's aint hunten right, them spooks that killed jimmy have dissaperd as well. It aint right you know. nuttin like that big storm your puppy warned us about. if'n you have any hevey gear like them glitter boy's, maken sur they can walk cause shootin is going to be dam near impossible."


Furrowing his brow at the news, and in an attempt to decipher his dialect, Norona asks a few follow-up questions.

"I know you make your livelihood on the dinos. What does it mean they are not hunting right and what make it so hard to shoot in the swamps?"

While he awaits a response Norona tries to recall what he knows of the area.

OOC Comments
Common Knowledge 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Survival 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Quote:
"I know you make your livelihood on the dinos. What does it mean they are not hunting right and what make it so hard to shoot in the swamps?"


Longtooth takes another drag of his beer and takes a few moments before answering. "Them Carno's aint hunting the other dino's, they be hunting them ghost things. but them ghost things aint around as much. The veg dinos are attacking everything that moves. That there major rift deep in the swamp is changing faster than a hooker on a saturday night. It's down right dangoras. It aint safe i tell you."

Narona listens to the vague explanation longtooth is giving, and is having a hard time identifying any landmarks, however the activity of the creatures being described is concerning enough.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Johnny follows Longtooth and Norona's discussion about the rift and how it's affecting the wildlife.

Capt. Murdok wrote:
"Them Carno's aint hunting the other dino's, they be hunting them ghost things. but them ghost things aint around as much. The veg dinos are attacking everything that moves. That there major rift deep in the swamp is changing faster than a hooker on a saturday night. It's down right dangoras. It aint safe i tell you."


"Excuse me, mister," Johnny interjects softly. He gives a quick glance to Norona. "My apologies for the interruption, Norona," He turns back to Longtooth, "but do you know if the any of the local casters have taken an surveys around that rift?"

OOC Comments
That belated Streetwise roll. do any other things apply?
Streetwise: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 1
Quarterly Card: Mechanical Malfunction
"A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Quote:
"hmmm? O we are heading to the south for about a day. however, i'm sure any help you can give will be sufficient"

The smile in Kuikku's voice is apparent, to anyone not oblivious. "Ok, that is not too far off our path. I will leave you to to lay down and massage out the details." As he turns away the smile becomes full fledged. "Come on Firebug. Let's go look for some candy for the trip."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Quote:
"Excuse me, mister," Johnny interjects softly. He gives a quick glance to Norona. "My apologies for the interruption, Norona," He turns back to Longtooth, "but do you know if the any of the local casters have taken an surveys around that rift?"


Longtooth chuckles at the notion and takes another swig of beer. "Son you aint ben in the swamp before. You don't survey Lake City. You stay the fuck away from Lake City. Every kind of giant lizard, man eating bug, and down right scary shit comes out of that there rift. It makes the demons gate at St. Louie look like a nice day at the beach. If you are right in the head, you stay the hell away from there.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm
Posts: 27
Reply with quote
With the big people done fixing the giant wagons Firebug is no longer needed here, and the suggestion that candy may be found somewhere in this massive expanse of over sized buildings is both a welcome surprise and an intriguing puzzle. Lifting off the ground with a quiet buzzing noise she zips off in the direction Kuikku is headed, catching up almost immediately as she overshoots him and needs to slow down and come back to find out where they are going.

To that end she hovers flying backwards in front of her new guide to try and figure out what he is doing without slowing him down. ”Where could they possibly grow candy in a place with no trees?”

_________________
Firefly
Prototype Signature


Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Rolls carried (as its funny for Conrad to be so completely oblivious)

Capt. Murdok wrote:
Flialhame has a teenage love look in her eyes while looking at Conrad when Kuikku walks up.

Quote:
In which direction are you headed? We have some of our own concerns we need to address but we may still be able to assist.


keeping her eyes on Conrad Flailhame replies. "hmmm? O we are heading to the south for about a day." changing her full attention to Conrad, "however, i'm sure any help you can give will be sufficient" as Flailhame gently touches his chest with her index finger.



"South fits in with our travel plans Chummer, so if you give your exact travel plans, we'll roll alongside you. The Legion is always happy to help and we might be able to find a place for these recent arrivals," Conrad smiled at her, still completely oblivious, turning away towards the carts, so that her hand fell off him.

"See you later Kuikku, I'll bring back the map co-ordinates in a bit." he shouted after the cyber knight, still not noticing Firebug's presence.

"Now let me help load up the supplies and show your people how to do so without tipping the carts over and the most efficient way of doing so."

OOC Comments
knowledge engineering 1d8+1 = 5 (4)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Firebug wrote:
”Where could they possibly grow candy in a place with no trees?”

Kuikku's smile never fades as he looks at Firebug. "On this planet candy is made, not grown. Maybe I can find someplace that has samples so we can find something you really like."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Flailhame gives a devilish smile, "Thanks for the help."

Kuikku and firebug are able to find a candy store of various exotic candies. Th e pricing ranges from 1 credit to several hundred for some of the most exotic candies known in the area. As the two of them enter the store they are greeted by a rather large, four armed person. With a warm smile he greets them as they enter the building. In a very high pitch tone, "Welcome, how may I help you?"

Narona is standing in the bar processing what his contact has told him. "Need anything else?"


Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

Capt. Murdok wrote:
Flailhame gives a devilish smile, "Thanks for the help."


Still oblivious to Flailhame's flirtations, Conrad finished helping the samaritans and collected the location information, including radio frequency before taking his leave and heading back to the camp.

To anybody else at the camp that isn't Kuikku, he explains what he found.

"Ran into a group of Samaritans about to head out to help some newly stranded Dbees. Kuikku and I have volunteered the squad to help as its on our way south anyway. Heading out in the morning chummers."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Capt. Murdok wrote:
Kuikku and firebug are able to find a candy store of various exotic candies. Th e pricing ranges from 1 credit to several hundred for some of the most exotic candies known in the area. As the two of them enter the store they are greeted by a rather large, four armed person. With a warm smile he greets them as they enter the building. In a very high pitch tone, "Welcome, how may I help you?"

Kuikku nods at the proprietor. "Greetings. We will be going on a bit of a trip and need a candy supply. I have allocated a couple hundred credits to pick up what we need." He then gestures towards Firebug. "This is Firebug, my quality adviser. Please allow her to do what is needed to ensure we have the quality, and quantity, that is needed for the trip." With this he nods again and looks for a place to sit while Firebug has some fun.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:13 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
With nothing really to think of Norona politely thanks his friend and joins back up with the rest of the group,"My southern American dialect is a little rusty but I think that rift activity is causing the local wildlife to behaving in unusual ways. He also mentioned our Glitterboys may encounter problems in the swamps. If we do help others, and I believe we should, then we should expect difficult going."

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Notice 1d8 = 4 (4) keep forgetting I raised it
wild dice 1d6 = 1 (1)


"You mean going through a water logged swamp might not be easy,"
Conrad chuckled, "At least the Glitter Boy will be able to walk. The ATV's will have a hard time as well, unless we build some pontoons for them. I think only the Wingboard will have the ability to get over easily."

"And how do you mean unusual? Are we going to get attacked by things we won't expect or is it more on the strange side?"

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:44 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Conrad wrote:
"And how do you mean unusual? Are we going to get attacked by things we won't expect or is it more on the strange side?"


"Sounds like both. Rift activity appears to be very high...but also creatures aren't behaving in the way this hunter thinks they ought to. This will no doubt mean, more creatures to be concerned about as well as unexpected behaviours from one's we may be familiar with."

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

Conrad sighed and removed the unlit cigar from his mouth.

"Basically sounds like anything and everything could be a threat. Dire werebunnies I'm calling it now Chummer." He patted Norona on the back.

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Narona gets a rather cryptic warning that things are not normal in the swamp.

Conrad, Firebug, and Kuikku ran into a rescue supply group. The team helped with getting a wagon back together and all the while everyone but Conrad could see that the leader of the wagon train, Flialhame, had an interest in him. Conrad got some info that there are some refugees on the same path they are going.

Firebug and Kuikku decided that Conrad and Flialhame need some time alone. The two decides that Firebug needs a new stash of candy and found a really nice store with more candy then either of them could imagine. Firebug is just like all other children in the candy store for the first time, while Kuikku is standing back and enjoying everything he sees. One thing that both of them notice is a movie that plays that is about a reclusive candy maker who has a competition to find heirs for his candy empire.

After several hours of the team enjoying the town, gathering information, and helping those in need, the team comes together and trades information. The rescue convoy is loaded and ready to roll out.

What are your intentions?


Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Kuikku walks out of the candy store a hundred credits lighter but with a big bag of candy. Firebug precedes him holding one piece as big as her head, taking regular bites off of it. They proceed back to the camp and start prepping for leaving.

Climbing into the ATV Kuikku takes an e-clip off the charger and switches it for the one in his laser rifle. He does the same for his laser pistol. He runs one more check over his armor and starts checking to make sure the cargo is secure.

He then states "I am ready to roll anytime you all are."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

“Let’s roll out Chummers,” Conrad banged on his ATV, “I’ve fuelled up all our vehicles, everything is good to go. Just watch out for the werebunnies!”

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
"Very well, let us face what ever is ahead."

Looking at their route ahead Norona tries to determine if there are any ley lines in their path of travel. If so, he offers to zoom ahead a bit to scout the route.

I may have to invest in a hover cycle, perhaps Deezy can make one that is powered by magic."

Question
Did Deezy manage to enchant my vitro sword? Yes

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Johnny makes a point to coordinate comms, check the inventory of supplies and ensure that the latest maps of the area are available for his HUD.

"I'm ready when everyone else is," he drawls.

OOC Comments
scary thought. has the GB armor been repaired in between?

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 1
Quarterly Card: Mechanical Malfunction
"A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Johnny Whateley wrote:
OOC Comments
scary thought. has the GB armor been repaired in between?


Yes, everything was repaired before we moved on from our previous fight I believe.

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Deezy comes scrambling back from the magic and tech-wizard shops in the area...having eagerly combed them for supplies and restock, as well as sized them up as future competition! She clambers up into the ATV and immediately finds a window to poke her head out through to enjoy the ride.

"I'm ready to go!"

OOC Comments
The downtime was enough time for Deezy to do the jobs asked of her, assuming money for construction (no profit margin for teammates right now!) was available. The repair work on damaged equipment was completed as well, I believe.

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
The team gathers at the ATV, Johnny shows up with the Glitter boy. The convoy has a visible show of relief. The travel out of town is rather pleasant. The day trip ends with a small encampment. The trucks stop and the team sees blue elves like people coming out make shift tents. The blue people swarm the trucks in anticipation. The people providing aid start handing out food supplies to the blue elves. One elf is a bit sluggish, half way to the truck he collapses. As the relief team rushes to investigate, several hover cycles and a Marc IX comes rushing into the opening. Everyone easily identifies as a coalition recon team.

The team is composed of 11 grunts, 4 dogboys, 1 psi-stalker, 1 specialist. The team disembark the vehicles. The dog boys and the Psi-Stalker look excited to see the blue the elves. The specialist is able to keep everyone back. "Members of the Tomorrow legion, we do not care about the blue d-bees. We are on another mission. We are hunting a group of vampires. Now hand him over, and we will be on our way." The Specialist has his rifle ready at a moments moment. The dog boys are ready to jump right into the fray and the grunts have their weapons at the ready.

What are you doing?


Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 = 3 (3)

Kuikku quietly activates his Cyber-Armor as he raises his empty hands to shoulder height. Taking a few steps forward he states "Greetings and thank you for not attacking. We do not have any knowledge of any vampires. Perhaps you could give us a bit more information."

He then looks down at the collapsed elf looking for any bite marks, or even just blood.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
The specialists notices Kikku standing by the collapsed Elf and become very interested. Raising the rifle to his shoulder and pointing it right at the Samurai the Coalition State officer speaks up. "I think you know enough. Step away from the elf." The grunts maintain their weapons on the crew.


Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
The sight of psi-stalkers and dog boys make Norona's hair stand on end and his dire wolf begins to growl menacingly. Norona works furiously to contain Zoffa as the dire wolf bares his teeth at the dogs and the stalkers trying to establish dominance over this new pack. It was the nature of things but it was also an unwanted tension.

After containing Zoffa for the moment the half-elf looks to the CS commander, "You know we are not vampires. Your dog boys and stalkers can verify that easily enough. I spent much time with the stalker tribes in the north, they are proficient trackers and hunters. So am I. If there is truly a vampire at work in this area then we should combine our efforts to defeat it. Creatures of darkness are the sworn enemy of my people, as I am sure they are of yours."

As a pointy eared d-bee magic user Norona knows he has little chance of swaying the commander, but he must strive to avoid violence.

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Dice 1d6 = 1 (1)


Notice 6

As the convoy arrived at the camp, Conrad stayed in his ATV and watched them work. With all the warnings they’d received, it was best that he and Johnny keep watch and be able to deploy their heavy firepower if they needed to.

He watched from inside his ATV as the Coalition Troops approached, his body tense as he anticipated trouble. Considering the warnings they’d received about local wildlife, he’d aimed the rail gun in their direction when he’d picked them up, but not locked on to anything. No reason to give them more incentive to just open fire.

“Keep frosty people just in case,” he warned the others. Bit outside your jurisdiction frakkers he thought. Conrad wasn’t well disposed towards the Coalition considering his war experiences. Now what type of Coalition troop are you, a soldier just doing his duty or one of the frakkers who ran the concentration camps, ready to kill? He kept his hand hovering near the remote firing controls for the rail gun, ready to take down the Spider Walker as quickly as possible before ... Then he heard the Coalition commander talking.

Vampires … If there was something Conrad hated more than the Coalition, it was Vampires.

That guy was out in the sunlight, so he blatantly isn’t a vampire…. But he could be bit.

“Kuikku, you need to be the guy to speak to these frakkers. Norona is more likely to get shot as a d-bee. You and Deezy are human and she’s a techno wizard.” He radioed the Cyber Knight, as his tail popped the chest behind his seat. Reaching inside, it fished out a wooden club, which Conrad took and a repeating hand crossbow, which hooked to his belt.

“Pop a wooden stake in a vampire’s heart and it’ll go down. Just don’t take it out until sunlight or we’ve cut the head off and burned the body. There’s a hand flamer in the chest in the ATV and a few more wooden clubs if we need them.” He radioed out to the rest of the team. Johnny he trusted to not open fire unnecessarily.

He popped the hatch to the ATV, holding out his silver cross and wooden club. Climbing out, he headed over to the stricken elf.

“Let me try something Chummers.” He called out, “He’s out in the sunlight, so if he were a vampire, he’d be on fire right now. However, those who have been bitten show an increased sensitivity to silver. However, if he hasn’t been turned, he can still be saved, if we can prevent any more attacks on him. Don’t know about you, but I’d rather save this guy and destroy the vampires.”



OOC Comments
Conrad’s Quirk – obsession with Vampires coming into play. He knows the basics, though he’s only ever fought Wild Vampires.
Going to use my adventure card to get the Coalition Commander to come clean with us. Won’t help get him to work with us, but that’s what Kuikku’s here for and will have a far better chance.


OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d6-4 = 1 (5)
Wild dice 1d6-4 = -2 (2)
Assist for Kuikku
Charisma penalty included for a dbee and the Coalition. He is definitely obvious not human

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Conrad wrote:
“Kuikku, you need to be the guy to speak to these frakkers. Norona is more likely to get shot as a d-bee. You and Deezy are human and she’s a techno wizard.” He radioed the Cyber Knight...

Kuikku nods in silent agreement. I am no more human than you are but in this armor I doubt these hakuchi can tell.

Moving slowly, and using his left hand, Kuikku reaches back and pulls out a stake. "As my scaly comrade stated if this were a vampire it would be quite obvious. But perhaps it can tell us a bit more about what you are hunting. And we would be happy to assist you. Vampires are a bane to every to every living thing." Using his foot Kuikku rolls the elf over to see what else can be learned.

Rolls
Notice (carried) = 9
Persuasion = 9

Persuasion 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Last edited by Kuikku on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
"I can find vampires, no problem!" Deezy agrees. Despite her cheerful demeanor though, she doesn't spend the power to activate TIAMAT just yet. The Coalition was bad news, even if they seemed to want to avoid trouble this time.

And yeah, vampires WERE worse than the States, for sure! But she didn't trust that mutual enemy to keep the Coalition boys from taking a target of opportunity if they thought they could get away with it.

Not to mention...was it normal for them to be tracking just one vampire out of Coalition territory? Deezy didn't know their military doctrine, but that seemed odd to her.

"So, uh...dead guys? Why all the trouble for a vampire though? Usually you'd just shoo 'em out of your area and that's that, I thought."

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Johnny looks about, checking his GB's sensor array for heat signatures to compare with humanoid figures in the area.

"I think y'all may be a bit confused," he addresses the Coalition. "If vampires are as bad as I think and you say, they wouldn't go well with us. Maybe if we parlayed, we can deal with the vampire together in half the time it would take just your team doing it."

"What do you say?"

OOC Comments
NOTICE: 1d6 = 1 (1)
WILD DIE: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Bonus +2

I'll take the "5" result.

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 1
Quarterly Card: Mechanical Malfunction
"A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
The Psi-Stalker walks up to the Leader of the CS troops. "It's not entirely ideal but, we are out of range of support. There's no telling when that dragon picks up our trail again."

The leader of the troops gives the Psi-Stalker a dirty look. "Fine, it's against my better judgement. If this fails, I'll bring you up on charges. This is the last vampire that took out an entire company, our company. We will find every last one of them and kill them all."

The CS commander links up with the glitter boy to provide video identification of the vampire. The vampire does appear to be an elf. He looks to be anywhere from 150-300 years old, before he was turned. He is well armed with energy weapons, and appear to be using some form of high tech force field.

OOC Comments
Everyone can roll a common knowledge for the vampire and tracking if you have it.


Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 269
Reply with quote
Notice 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild dice 1d6 = 5 (5)

Capt. Murdok wrote:
The Psi-Stalker walks up to the Leader of the CS troops. "It's not entirely ideal but, we are out of range of support. There's no telling when that dragon picks up our trail again." The leader of the troops gives the Psi-Stalker a dirty look. "Fine, it's against my better judgement. If this fails, I'll bring you up on charges. This is the last vampire that took out an entire company, our company. We will find every last one of them and kill them all." The CS commander links up with the glitter boy to provide video identification of the vampire. The vampire does appear to be an elf. He looks to be anywhere from 150-300 years old, before he was turned. He is well armed with energy weapons, and appear to be using some form of high tech force field.


Interesting Conrad thought, checking over the afflicted DBee with his silver cross, sounds like these guys are the survivors of a Vampire attack and are running from a Dragon. Problems ahead already. And a smart vampire. That's a rarity.

OOC Comments
common knowledge 1d8 = 1 (1) plus any bonuses for Conrad's obsession with Vampires
Wild dice 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:35 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
With a lukewarm agreement from the CS, Norona carefully surveys the scene. Pulling his hunting goggles down over his eyes he looks at the psi-stalker, "Please do not be alarmed." Activating his goggles he searches the area closely.

Tracking 11
1d8+4 = 6 (2)
1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Survival 4
For information about vampires
1d8+2 = 3 (1)
1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Once he picks up the trail the half-elf nods in the general direction, "I think we may have found a direction of travel."

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 20/20

Bennies: 3


Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice: 5
Notice 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Common Knowledge: 5
Common Knowledge 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Healing: 9
Healing 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

Kuikku shakes his head. Wow, a vampire using tech. This could get nasty. Oh, and let's not forget the dragon. I am half tempted to just let these guys get killed.

Kneeling down Kuikku starts checking the fallen elf over. If he collapsed from being bitten then the vampire may be much closer than is comfortable, but he may just be starving. Looking over to the commander he starts trying to find out more. ”You said this is the last vampire, how many were there to start? And how long have you been pursuing it? Also, I know it is not my business, but is the dragon related or just another hazard of the wilds?”

OOC Comments
Does the vampire look like it was one of these blue elves or is it another “elven” race?
I am keeping my Cyber-Armor active for the time being.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.