View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:13 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 3. The Psi Who Loved Me 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Conrad's tail handed the soldier the UV flashlight. It would hurt the vampires and not hurt them.

"Use this to burn them if they get too close

"Jareb, what are you attacking?" he radioed his teammate

Conrad advanced with the Hill Flattener, he’d used up half the ammo so far, but the vamps weren’t stopping. They needed to find their leader and put an end to this.

“Anybody spotted that master Vamp yet?”

As the 10 new wild vampires appeared, he opened up on them, knowing the others needed chance to find their quarry and take it out.

Shooting
1d8+5 = 10 (5) armour, weapon and joker
1d6+5 = 10 (5)

16 damage or 20 vs vampires

2d8+4 = 8 (1, 3)AP6
1d6 = 6 (6) raise
Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)
+4 for sunlight damage
Area effect 2d4 = 3 (2, 1)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 86
-King of Hearts-

"Master Vamp? We've got a Master on scene?" Johnny tries to keep his voice level while keeping watch over the debris for more undead reinforcements. Smoke wafts from the barrel of his boom gun.

He notices the gunfire from Conrad and sees the new vamps arriving toward his allies. Confident in the continued stability of the GB armor as a gun-platform, Johnny takes a bead on the monsters hoping that he can take them out before they reach their targets.

SHOOTING
Shooting: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Damage: 4d12+6 = 33 (4, 7, 8, 8)
Number of Vamps: 2d4 = 7 (4, 3)

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku glances around and sees the two Coalition troopers running away. Broadcasting on all frequencies he comments "Specialist Davidson, you may want to tell your troops running away is not the smartest move right now. I would hate for something... bloody to happen to them."

OOC Comments
No action here just a quick comment before Davidson takes his turn.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Kuikku wrote:
Kuikku glances around and sees the two Coalition troopers running away. Broadcasting on all frequencies he comments "Specialist Davidson, you may want to tell your troops running away is not the smartest move right now. I would hate for something... bloody to happen to them."

OOC Comments
No action here just a quick comment before Davidson takes his turn.


Davidson, hands raised and spirit broken, says ”Would you listen to me right now if you were them? None of the rest of my people did. Why should they?” His words practically drip with self pity and loathing, and he backs the rest of the way to the Mountaineer, slumping against it and pointedly not looking at the soldier backing up Conrad.

GM Note About The Vampires No visible vampires remain; Johnny and Conrad obliterated them all (not including the two currently smushed under Tyraxas).

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Conrad wrote:
Conrad's tail handed the soldier the UV flashlight. It would hurt the vampires and not hurt them.

"Use this to burn them if they get too close

"Jareb, what are you attacking?" he radioed his teammate

Conrad advanced with the Hill Flattener, he’d used up half the ammo so far, but the vamps weren’t stopping. They needed to find their leader and put an end to this.

“Anybody spotted that master Vamp yet?”



Jareb somehow manages to click his radio on blasting all frequencies. His ragged breath would seem to indicate extreme physical exertion, or perhaos he has not sleeped well the last few nights. Gift coos and giggles sucking on her Mr. Diggles.
" I... I am engaged in hand to hand with your master vampire. Deezy I need the glory of the heavens to open wide on my position. Norona, Kuikku he is at the edge of my sword, a bladed master as I have ever seen. Seirra can you cut through his shroud with your temperate heart?"
OOC Comments
no action just chit-chat

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas roars. "My mind is my own! Do not presume to subjugate me again, for I will always break free!" He looks to the two vampires resting uncomfortably below his bulk, each impaled by the horns and spines of the dragon hatchling. "You two will soon know eternal rest!"

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Notice
Notice = 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild = 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total = 7

Kuikku nods as the Grackeltooth and Glitter Boy take out the on coming vampires. This group definitely knows how to handle hoards. Looking at the two vampires wiggling under the dragon Kuikku uses the stake in his left hand to still one of them.
Fighting
-4 vitals attack
Fighting = 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild = 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total = 2
Benny to re-roll (+2 Elan)
Fighting = 1d8 = 8 (8) Ace = 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild = 1d6 = 2 (2)
Total = 11
Damage = 1d6 = 4 (4)+ 1d4 = 3 (3) +2 Champion
Raise = 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total = 12, wooden stake in the heart

Walking away Kuikku looks up at Tyraxas. ”You have something on your side there. I was able to get some of it off with my stick but there is still some stuck there.” As Kuikku walks towards Jareb and Norona he shifts his Cyber-Sword to his left hand. ”Norona, that new necklace really does not go with the rest of your attire. If you want to look your best you really should take it off.” He then reaches to remove it.
Agility
Agility = 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild = 1d6 = 5 (5)
Total = 5, Subtract 2 if Norona opposes this.

Waving at the location Jareb indicated Kuikku continues speeking. ”So, I can see why you have so many underlings, they are effectively useless. Is that also why you are invisible? Are you just so weak that any attempts to actually fight might result in you losing? You are a really bad master vampire aren't you?”

Status
Cyber-Armor Active: Toughness 19(8)MDC
Psy-Sword (single blade, left hand): 1d6+2d8 MD, AP 6
Darksight: Half all darkness penalties (one more round before needing to maintain)
Deflection: -4 to be hit, -5 with ranged attacks (one more rounds before needing to maintain)
Current ISP: 6/10
Bennies: 4 (+1 Joker, -1 Fighting)

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Psionics 7
Psionics 1d10 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
EE 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
Spirit 14
Spirit 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
Bennie
1d6 = 6 (6)
1d6 = 4 (4)


Hearing the vampire's clarion call for protection, Norona resists. He is a creature of light, to protect the something of flame and darkness goes against every fibre of his being. His people and the dark have been more than mortal enemies since before time was counted. Not enemies. Opposites. And opposites always oppose one another. Summoning his inner reserves Norona suddenly breaks free from the vampire's control and its voice falls from his head when Kiukku removes the telepathic crystal from around his neck. Of his own mind and standing face to face with a master of evil, Norona channels the elements knowing the the weakness of his enemy.

Drawing moisture from their air and water from deep wells underground the druid begins to shift his form into a giant Leviathan of living water.

Channeling 5 - success
Greater Shape Change, Legendary Monster Water Leviathan
Channeling 1d10 = 5 (5)
1d6 = 1 (1)


As his elemental form takes shape Norona looks down on the master vampire, "It is time you were extinguished for all eternity."

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
The dragon laughs menacingly. "You are first to end!"
Tyraxas reaches back and pulls the staked vampire from his side. Grasping the creature in both hands, Tyraxas pulls the vampire's head from its body, then lets out a fiery exhale, immolating the head. He turns towards Sierra. "You, burner! I have kindling for your fire!" Tyraxas offers the body of the vampire towards the burster, expecting her flames to consume the other half of the vampire. Once the vampire is sufficiently reduced to ash, Tyraxas beats his wings, scattering the ashes into the mighty wind.
"And you, little one, are next!" He laughs at the remaining, pinned vampire.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
GM Mini Update:

The two Coalition troopers reach their vehicles and begin mounting two hovercycles.

The Coalition trooper by Conrad accepts the UV light and stays near him to back him up.

Vampire Regeneration for the Remaining Vamp Impaled to Tyraxas
Vigor 1d10-1 = 4 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


The vampire stuck to Tyraxas begins wriggling and hissing, clearly in pain, and clearly wanting to cause some pain of his own but wholly distracted by the dragon spike protruding from his chest.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku looks on with a bit of wonder as Norona shifts into a gigantic water creature. An angel, a dragon, a walking tidal wave, a glitter boy, a human phoenix, a lizard with whatever the hell that weapon is (a mini-boom gun?), a human that can make anything and it usually explodes, and me. Those swamp cultist have no idea what is about to hit them.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:36 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
Deezy starts running for the fight, adjusting the lenses on her goggles as she sets the lenses and instrumentation. Invisible vampires! That was just dirty pool!

She called the optics system TIAMAT...it was patterned roughly on the 'standard' mage optics system, but concentrated entirely on just detecting and analyzing magical energy in the environment. They were completely unable to see the invisible vampire...but the currents and eddies of supernatural energy he'd used to conceal himself were as plain as day!

Deezy grinned. She even already had her safety goggles on. SAFETY FIRST!

The techno-mage reached down to her belt and plucked a tiny, snub-nosed pistol from the pouch she'd put it after whipping it up not too long ago.

"The air over Jereb's going hot, might want to cover your eyes in three...two...one...!"

There was a pok sound as Deezy pulled the trigger, and a long wailing whine that tracked a small glowing projectile that arced out, leaving a thick black contrail behind it. It sailed lazily over Jareb and his invisible prey...but then abruptly stopped in defiance of physical law. There was a slightly tinny noise, like a bad-quality recording of a rooster's crow being played.

And then fiat lux.

The flare burst into something the size of a beach ball, but with the apparent intensity and luminosity of the daytime sun, at least up close. In fact, squinting and peeking between fingers would show tiny sunspots, minuscule prominences and plumes of luminous gas blowing away in a microcosmic solar wind. It was, in this vampire-infested backwater, an oasis of safety.

As long as you weren't a vampire, that was.

Goggles for Detect Arcana: 9
'Solar Flare' for Light with Sunlight trapping: 14 (1 benny spent for extra effort)
Damage from sunlight: 2d10 = 15 (6, 9)

OOC Comments
TIAMAT goggles (Exalted Detect Arcana), with MAP: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) or 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Using Solar Flare (Light with Sunlight trapping), with MAP: 1d10 = 2 (2) or 1d6 = 3 (3)
Benny to Extra Effort: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


***

Sierra looked between Tyraxas and Jareb as they both called for her aid. “Geez, never knew I was so popular!” the redhead said with a grin. In truth, she was feeling outclassed. The vampires she immolated just got right back up, and she didn’t feel she was that much help.

Flying down to the dragon, Sierra simply reached out and touched the headless vampire body, sending it up in flames.

Damage Field damage 10
3d6 = 10 (4, 5, 1)


Then Sierra turned her attention to Jareb’s predicament. There was an invisible vampire out there? “Let’s see if this helps,” Sierra said. She extended her hand and focused. The grass in the area around Jareb started to smolder. She didn’t let it catch fire, but she did make it smoke. Hopefully anything invisible would be able to be seen better through the movement of the smoke when it moved.

Fire Mastery
Attempting to use Fire Mastery to provide some kind of bonus for the Notice and attack rolls on the invisibile master vampire. Shouldn’t provide any penalties to the others. Using the Free Action version of the power.


***

Conditions
Fly (6), Shroud: -1 ranged attacks (1 rounds); 3” above ground
Deflection: -4 to all attacks; Shroud: -5 to ranged attacks; counts as armor vs. AOE (0 rounds)
Darksight: No darkness penalties (1 hour)
Fiery Aura: +6 Armor (Toughness 12); Damage field: 3d6


Everything Burns
1d10 = 8 (8)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 5 (2, 3) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.
Radio dropped to the ground.
Clothes tucked away hidden.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
GM Mini Update:

The clearing lights up like midday when Deezy fires off her sunlight gadget, and immediately the party's invisible foe appears! The vampire screeches and then bursts into flames, his arms flailing wildly as his skin combusts under the light of the sun.

Vamp Shaken, One Wound
Vigor 1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace! 1d6 = 1 (1)
-1 GM Benny

Reroll: 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
- another GM Benny

Vamp is Shaken and takes one Wound


Information for Deezy
From your raise on detect arcana, you can tell that this particular vampire's power level is about what you would get if you crossed a normal wild vampire with a Veteran level Mind Melter or Ley Line Walker.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
“Yeah, beeyotch! Now you’re ours!” Sierra whooped as the master vampire appeared. “Swing away, Jareb!”

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:49 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
“Yeah, beeyotch! Now you’re ours!” Sierra whooped as the master vampire appeared. “Swing away, Jareb!”


If only it were that easy my dear naked burster. You know not the soul within me. With effort Jareb lifts his sword high to deliver a fateful blow, but Gifts uncharacteristic shrek draws his attention back to her. What a face full of wisdom. Jareb lashes out not at the vampire but instead at the creatures sword. " You have done you work here creature. The sun, my dragon friend, or my angry elementalist friend will end you. I will just make it easier for them, or perhaps we could find a way to kill just the monster within you. From all arround the sisters of Solaris and Solaris her self flank the vampire leaving him no out. Jareb strikes at the creatures sword a clear manuever aimed to disarm the weapon held from the hand that holds it.
Fighting 7 for disarm, 27 or 31 damage if extra silver damage applies
Fighting 1d12 +2 from improved trademark, +4 from gangup, -2 disarm 1d12+4 = 6 (2) wild 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
    damage 3d8+8 = 23 (5, 8, 2) ace 1d8 = 4 (4) add +4 if the extra damage from silver applies


He then uses his divine grace to immidiately shove the vampire onto the ground. " If the mortal within can still hear me stay down and we will do everything in our power to save you."

Push 4
Push 1d8 = 4 (4) wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


Jareb glances at Solaris knowing her time with him is near. She places a hand on his lips and whisper in his ear. Then the sisters disapear back to their celestial home.

Not maintaining the summons, but he is spending 1 ppt to maintain greater warriors gift.

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"What are you doing?!" Deezy exclaimed as Jareb suddenly seemed to take pity on the opposition. "He's not an ordinary vampire! His aura's at least AA or AAA-class threat! Don't pull your punches now!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:23 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Deezy Klatta wrote:
"What are you doing?!" Deezy exclaimed as Jareb suddenly seemed to take pity on the opposition. "He's not an ordinary vampire! His aura's at least AA or AAA-class threat! Don't pull your punches now!"


" He is surrounded and beaten! Is there no way to drive the affliction from him? I would scour the universe or give my life if his could be saved.". Jareb's voice seems full of emotion and possibly wishful thinking. " Are we so forced to kill him? I just cannot beleive that is the only option. Do not be so quick to take the life of someone who is outnumbered, Deezy you have a bag of tricks and then some. Can you not craft a device that will give the vampire peace? " Jareb looks down at the child he carries and smiles at baby Gift.
"I get that this was unexpected. I used to be willing to do anything, but she has tempered my heart. This world is filled with such horror and evil. I must show her honor and fair play. Perhaps this is a mistake, but it is one worth trying. Do we want our future to be raised not knowing any way but ours?"

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
"Jareb, I too would like to protect any of the innocent but I am not sure sparing this creature qualifies. He does not have evil in him, he has become corrupted by evil. His actions have directly lead to the deaths of all of these piles of ash that were once people, innocent people." Kuikku waves at the charred and shredded remains of the wild vampires across the area.

His gesture then moves to the Coalition trooper. "It forced these people, innocents in their own way, to lure us here in an attempt to make us part of his hoard. It is critically important to preserve innocence as often as possible. Sometimes to do so forces us to kill, even if it weighs on our hearts. It is when we no longer feel that weight that we need to worry."

Kuikku drops his hands and looks towards the master vampire. "I don't know a lot about vampires but I do believe killing this is the right action."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:05 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Kuikku wrote:
"Jareb, I too would like to protect any of the innocent but I am not sure sparing this creature qualifies. He does not have evil in him, he has become corrupted by evil. His actions have directly lead to the deaths of all of these piles of ash that were once people, innocent people." Kuikku waves at the charred and shredded remains of the wild vampires across the area.

His gesture then moves to the Coalition trooper. "It forced these people, innocents in their own way, to lure us here in an attempt to make us part of his hoard. It is critically important to preserve innocence as often as possible. Sometimes to do so forces us to kill, even if it weighs on our hearts. It is when we no longer feel that weight that we need to worry."

Kuikku drops his hands and looks towards the master vampire. "I don't know a lot about vampires but I do believe killing this is the right action."


If the cyberknight is making sense am I wrong? Has the villain not been defeated? He is surrounded by his betters should we now not show him compassion? The conflicting look on Jareb's face is evident but the vampire moving away seals its fate.
" I gave you a fair chance to repent for your actions, against the better judgment of my peers I gave you a way out.". Jareb's incredulous tone is replaced by one far more serious. " So be it creature face my wraith!" As the vampire leaves Jareb quickly strikes with the blade of saint cathrine, magical and silvered, further he enhanced by he light of the sunshine realm. Gift coos hugging mr diggles tight. I am truely sorry Gift you could not see the best of me!
Fighting with improved trademark 1d12+2 = 10 (8) wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3) +2 from gangup
Damage +8 sunlight, +4 silver equals 3d8+12 = 27 (1, 7, 7) possible raise damage 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Soak Rolls
Spend a Benny on Mental Resistance.
3 wounds from Jareb’s attack
Currently 1 wound from light

Vigor 1d10-1 = 8 (9)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace! 1d6 = 2 (2)
-1 Benny
Soaks 2 wounds
Now has 2 wounds and is Shaken


GM Mini Update: Vampire is hurting, but still standing.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
Fighting 7, 23 damage (Water, SBT)
Fighting 1d10 = 9 (9)
-4 for size difference
+2 for Gang Up
Total: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Damage
1d12+4 = 13 (9)
2d10 = 10 (6, 4)


Finally free from the vampire's thrall, and in a position to do something Norona nearly doesn't act. He, like Jareb, would prefer repentance to final death for the creature. Yet, this is not a being turned but darkness but true darkness itself. Norona has deep respect for the living and avoids unnecessary killing but this thing is already dead and of darkness.

Setting his moral quandary aside the huge water leviathan drops a heavy dose of water down upon the vampire. Norona knows his companions will be caught in the rushing waters but is confident they can weather the storm.

Smashing down hard he brings a cascade of water down upon the vampire. Like a waterfall it rushes down with primordial force catching everything in its wake.

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Soak
One wound, +2 Elan: Success, no damage
Vigor: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Kuikku stumbles from the torrent of water, but is not injured. Seeing that the creature was attempting to get away, and that both Jareb and Norona had decied to attack, Kuikku took a swing as well. Unfortunatly, the weight of the water throws off his aim just enough to miss.
Fighting
Gang up: +2
Fighting = 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild = 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total =6

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
At Jareb’s musings, Sierra spoke up again. “Well, my flames burn the evil out of people,” she said. “I can immolate him. That would purify him.”

The vampire chose to try and get away, though, and Jareb, Kuikku, and Norona unleashed on him. Sierra was glad to be flying above the leviathan's flood. A shiver went up her spine at the sight of so much water.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas watches as the leviathan Norona smashes downward with a great wave of water. In a burst of inspiration, he dives towards the wave, hoping to immerse the still-attached vampire in the crashing tides. "Drink deeply and drown, demon debris! Your fate is found in water!" He roars with laughter at his awesome alliterative abilities.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Conditions: It is just after nightfall. The party finds itself in a clearing peppered with the remains of wild vampires, Dead Boys, Anderson demolished trees. The underbrush is aflame, and the fire is spreading rapidly to the forest itself (-2 to Trait rolls due to rising heat, if rolls are needed). The party is on a ley line.

Bad Guys: As Deezy’s light burns him, the elvish vampire reflexively recoils from the sun’s rays and runs for the shadow of the trees. Before he can escape the circle of light, Jareb lashes out with the blessed sword and cleaves the creature’s left arm clean off, eliciting a fierce howl of pain.

Now desperate, the vampire gives a last burst of superhuman speed toward the trees, screaming incoherently as he goes. Norona, now the size of a small castle, steps forward to crush the fleeing monster and temporatily blocks out the light. For the briefest of moments, the vampire returns to lucidity and, a look of defiance on his face, screams, ”KILL YOURSELVES!”

The two CS troopers who made it to the hovercycles spasm and draw weapons. One drives a vibro-blade into his own heart, and the other pulls the pin on a grenade and lets it go off in his hand, shredding half his body with shrapnel and wrecking the hovercycle beneath him.

Specialist Davidson screams and grabs his head with one hand while the other snakes toward the grenades on his harness. Through gritted teeth he manages to get out the words "help... me..."
Saving Specialist Davidson
Anyone still within half their pace of the APC (Deezy, Conrad, and maybe Sierra, depending on her flying pace, though her fire would make things difficult) may make an Agility roll at -2 to get to the specialist before he pulls the pin and then a grapple check (Fighting) at -2 to prevent his suicide. He will not offer much resistance, so only a success is needed.


The trooper backing up Conrad is entirely unaffected by the vampire's command and stays where she is.

The grisly work of his thralls done, the vampire grins up at Norona. "You "Tomorrow Legion" peons call me master, but you would gouge out your own eyes should you ever set sight on one so worthy. My master will have this entire world, and she will bring you knowledge and conquest and undeath beyond your capacity to comprehend."

He says nothing more, and Norona obliterates him with a localized tidal wave. When the water clears, there isn't even a body left to burn; just a crystal pendant on a simple steel chain.

Open Play:
Combat is over and you are free to role play whatever happens next.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Agility
1d8-2 = 1 (3)
1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Didn't see the agility roll
Benny for extra effort
1d6 = 6 (6)

Fighting
1d6-2 = 0 (2)
1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 5 (5) total 9

1d6-2 = 1 (3)
1d6-2 = 0 (2)

His tail went up as the explosion totalled the hovercycle, covering his eyes. As he then heard Specialist Davidson cry for help, Conrad immediately rushed over. With his greater strength, he was able to prise the grenade out of his hands.

"I'll take that Chummer. He held Davidson down to prevent any more attempts.

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 86
Schoolboy scans the terrain with the hope the fight is truly over. When he's satisfied that no more vampires will be bursting from the treeline, Johnny kicks up the stabilizers to the Glitter Boy armor.

"What's the situation?" his drawl comes quietly over the comm.

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
"Davidson is safe. Have we got the vamp? Conrad called out, "good shooting Johnny."
He sat on top of Davidson, not willing to let him up. The vamp may no longer be controlling him, but he didn't exactly seem sane anyway.
"Now, do you want to tell us what happened Chummer? How did it come to this?

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Notice
Notice
1d4 = 2 (2)

WD Notice
1d4 = 4 (4)

Detect Arcana
1d6 = 2 (2)

WD DA
1d6 = 4 (4)

Tyraxas roars with laughter. "We have vanquished our foes, thanks to the might of Tyraxas! These vampires are child's play." He looks around for the spoils due to one of his might and status, both with regular and arcane vision. "Has this one left tribute to his betters?" He takes a closer look at the pendant, giving it an arcane once-over before deciding whether to pick it up.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
GM Mini Update

Specialist Davidson is too busy quietly sobbing and repeating ”my mind, my mind” over and over to respond to Conrad just yet.

Tyraxas can tell the crystals are definitely arcane in nature, but not much else about them. As for mundane tribute, the field is littered with human weapons, most dropped when the Coalition fled, and some human vehicles, should he be interested in such things.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"YEAH! You guys! We did it!"

Deezy ran out into the field towards the giant dragon and even more giant water elemental. She re-thinks the idea of a hug at the last second and just stands there, pumping a fist over her head.

"That guy was no joke! Did you SEE all those vampires?!"

With TIAMAT still ticking away over her eyes, she gives those crystals a good once-over to see if she can get more information about them.

After a few moments of 'hmming' over the various crystals, she looks up and says, "Lets get everyone together. This is pretty interesting!"

Once the team was assembled, the technowizard slipped the goggles up onto her forehead and said, "Okay so these things," she waved the crystals in her hand around, "are like radios! Kinda! They allow direct, mind to mind contact between people wearing them at...well...I think maybe just about ANY range! They pull in power from the environment, and they're pretty well optimized. I don't think they'd even need to be on a ley line to work. I think they MAY be limited in network size though. Thirteen nodes. So we should count these up and see if there's thirteen. It's really possible that the ones HERE were in contact with someone else, somewhere else, so there could be more somewhere!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:51 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Anyone examining the crystals (including Tyraxas, above) will notice a small arcane circle with 13 runes etched into each one.
Learning More
Knowledge (arcana) or (occult) at -2 to learn more about them. Knowledge (history) with a -4 could work, too. Or, if your character has a good reason to know a lot about the lands south of North America, let me know and we can work out a modifier to a common knowledge roll for you.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:05 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
After a second Deezy frowns and turns one of the crystals over in her fingers.

"You know...the enchantment on these looks kind of subordinate. I think they're all linked to one, and then that one is also linked...so via sympathetic embiggening, you'd have..."

She lapses into muttering as she examines the runes more carefully, lowering her goggles again.

"Yeah, mirroring. Square the circle. Square it! Thirteen by thirteen! Thirteen slaves per master, thirteen masters...and over all of them, one."

Obsolete rolls
Knowledge: Arcana - 1d10-2 = -1 (1) or 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
Hm! No harm in using a benny here for extra effort 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
"Let me have a look at one," Conrad asked, still sitting on Davidson, not letting him up.

"Excuse me," he called over to the other soldier, "what's your name? How are you doing?"

"Johnny, you have the medical skills. Best you check over the fallen."

Knowledge History
1d8-2 = 2 (4)
1d6-2 = 0 (2)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
With the immediately danger passed Norona uses the remainder of his watery form to soak the battlefield, washing away any lingering undeath from the fallen vampires. The jet stream of water also has the advantage of dousing the many fires that sprung up from Sierra and Thyraxs' efforts. Once satisfied that nature is protect and the darkness quenched Norona joins the others in examining the crystals.

Inspecting the various runes he tries decipher their meaning from his study of mystic lore.

"These markings appear familiar."

Knowledge Arcana 4
K Arcana 1d8+2 = 6 (4) - 2 = 4
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Notice
Notice = 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild = 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total = 7

Kuikku helps gather up the weird jewelry before going over to check out Specialist Davidson.
healing
Healing: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Total = 7

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Kuikku wrote:
Notice
Notice = Original post: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild = Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total = 7

Kuikku helps gather up the weird jewelry before going over to check out Specialist Davidson.
healing
Healing: Original post: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild: Original post: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Total = 7


Kuikku can tell that Specialist Davidson is clearly sufferings from exhaustion, and likely dehydration as well. At the moment, he is also exhibiting signs of shock.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
In spite of Conrad's tail “helping” it does not take long to determine that Davidson has been under the influence of the vampire for too long. Too little food, water, and sleep combined with regular forceful mental intrusions have left him all but useless. Similar to some of the “questioning” victims that have been recovered from the Coalition. I wonder if this is what karma is like.

”Conrad, if you have all of his weapons I think it would be safe to let him up and feed both of these people and let them have a good nights sleep. I would not leave them unattended, but they should not be much of a threat. At least not until morning.” Kuikku then goes about securing the various weapons lying around setting up a more complete camp for the night.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Conrad wrote:
"Let me have a look at one," Conrad asked, still sitting on Davidson, not letting him up.

"Excuse me," he called over to the other soldier, "what's your name? How are you doing?"


Her shoulders visibly sag, and she drops to the ground, pulling off her helmet. She has dark bags under her eyes, and says, ”Hm? Jameson, Private First Class. I’m fine. Just... tired. Do you have any water on you?” She’s clearly struggling to stay awake now that the adrenaline has worn off.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Knowledge: Arcana
Kn: Arcana
1d6 = 4 (4)

WD Arcana
1d6 = 5 (5)

Tyraxas examines the necklaces along with Deezy and the others. "Good. These will suffice as tribute. I shall gladly take them for safe keeping." He holds out his massive, scaled hand, apparently expecting anyone with a necklace to hand them over. A smoking "harrumph" is offered to anyone who doesn't hand over their necklace, along with a "Very well. That counts as two portions of your division of the spoils of this and the next fight."

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 11 Raise
Notice 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)


***

Sierra shuddered as the vampire lord was washed away in a tidal wave. “Terrible way to go…” she muttered, flashing back to her time in the Whykin police station where she was waterboarded for questioning, and to keep her powers under control.

Sierra landed on the field and her flaming wings and the flames around her went out, leaving her naked beneath the moon.

“You,” she pointed at the big water thing, “stay away from me.”

The others were looking at the crystals. “Are they valuable?” Sierra asked. “Can we sell them for credits? Sounds like a book I read once. One crystal to rule them all, something, something. Honestly, I didn’t really get that far.”

Sierra walked over to Jameson. She opened up the truck and dug around for her bag, pulling out her canteen. “Here you go, cutie,” she said. “Your boss don’t look so good.” She looked over at Davidson and then knelt down beside him, touching his face. “Hey. It’s over now. You’re free.” She gave him a light slap. “Hey, hot naked girl in front of you. Pay attention.” She flashed him a smile. “C’mon. Let’s go walk it off. I have to go get my clothes and radio anyway.”

Sierra helped Davidson up and nodded to Jameson to come with. She had spare clothes in her bag in the truck, but she only had a limited amount. She wasn’t going to leave her radio and clothes behind if she didn’t have to.

***

Conditions
Darksight: No darkness penalties (1 hour)


Everything Burns
1d10 = 7 (7)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6 (3, 3) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.
Radio dropped to the ground.
Clothes tucked away hidden.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
OOC Comments
Bloody web filters at work


OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6)


“Friad I don’t recognise these Chummers,” Conrad shrugged as he look over the amulets, “best to give these over to the Legion and keep them out of the hands of frakkers who’d abuse them.”
He got up off Davidson, letting Kuikku go to work checking the specialist, going around and collecting weapons scattered around the area. He left PFC Jameson the UV flashlight so she could defend herself against vampires if there were any strays.

“Do we want to investigate the caves now or wait until morning Chummers?” Conrad radioed the group, “make sure there aren’t more of the frakkers hiding in there.”

Heading over to the ATV, he unstrapped the Hill Flattener from himself, placing it down gently on the floor of the vehicle. Gonna need some more ammo for you and soon I would think considering how much you eat through it he mused, but still, a pretty good field test. Certainly works.

He opened up one of the lockers, where he kept his plasma ejector and began placing the weapons inside, making sure they were secure. He doubted that the two CS Troopers would attack them, but it never hurt to remove temptation. He dug out his NG-S2 Survival Pack and rummaged around for the tent before setting it up for the CS troopers to use.

“Get some rest in there.” He urged them, “both of you look like you are about to collapse. I’ll sleep in the ATV when it’s not my turn on watch.”
Conrad’s stomach gurgled; all this fighting and prepping for fighting vampires had made him hungry
“Somebody want to get a fire going and some food. I think we could all do with a bite to eat after that. I’m looking at you Sierra so we don’t need to dig out a firestarter from my kit. Not when we’ve got one handy.”

“Jareb, I’ll set a temporary crib for Gift if you want it.”

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:41 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Jareb looks at the others, the cs and finally Conrad. He nods at the able gracktooth and solemly swears, " Thank you. The crib would be a nice touch. Perhaps she would do well away from my arms...Ughh..." Jareb stops talking and pulls out a few wipes and a diaper. He squints his eyes at what is about to happen and gets to changing.
He tosses the dirty diaper mid air and calls, " Serria Incinerate!"
Then takes a moment or two to replenish his strength via the leyline and then heads into the cave while his greater darkvision holds.
Battle and babies, take its toll. I'll need some sleep soon, but a warriors work is never done until these vampires are finished for good.. Jareb seems pretty tired, even after drawing on the layline, but he walks baby and sword in hand into the deep dark cave ready for the worst but hoping for the best. Clutched in his hand, Gift, starts to squirm, and starts sucking on Mr. Diggles furiously!! Jareb looks at her unsure flr a moment, but pushes on anyways.

Habit Major, Fatigue roll... 1d8 = 8 (8) wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku nods his thanks as Conrad assist in setting up camp. ”I would have thought all the spawn would have come out already but good idea to check to be sure. Jareb, I may not be able to see in the dark as well as I suspect you can but if you want some company just say so.”

With that Kuikku goes over to the ATV and pulls out some of the fresher rations that were delivered earlier in the day. ”Sierra, once you get that fire started we can start heating some of this up. And maybe break out that tequila again.”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Kuikku wrote:
Kuikku nods his thanks as Conrad assist in setting up camp. ”I would have thought all the spawn would have come out already but good idea to check to be sure. Jareb, I may not be able to see in the dark as well as I suspect you can but if you want some company just say so.”

With that Kuikku goes over to the ATV and pulls out some of the fresher rations that were delivered earlier in the day. ”Sierra, once you get that fire started we can start heating some of this up. And maybe break out that tequila again.”


Jareb grins at Kuikku. "A second set of eyes and a mighty blade are always welcome in the deep darkning caves. But if we go, we go until there is no strength left in either of us." Jareb chuckles. Some jokes are timeless.

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


***

“Yeah, sure. Fire ain’t hard,” Sierra said. “I’m a terrible cook, though. I’ll gather up some wood after I get dressed.”

As she was coming back with the firewood, she heard Jareb’s call. Instinctively she launched a fire bolt at the diaper. It burst into flame. “Ew.”

She set about clearing a space for the fire, setting up some rocks. Okay, so she’d learned some basics in her Legionnaire basic training, but she wouldn’t say she knew what she was doing. Soon she had a fire going, and took the rations from Kuikku.

“Tequila, definitely. And maybe a bit of MJ,” she said with a grin. “Let me know if you need my help in the cave.” She went and retrieved the tequila from her pack and took a long swallow before adding a bit to the rations and setting the bottle aside, though not too close to the flames.

***

Conditions
Darksight: No darkness penalties (1 hour)


Everything Burns
1d10 = 10 (10)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6 (1, 5) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
As Kuikku follows Jareb up to the cave he hears Sierra offer to join. ”You will want to get naked again, just in case, but a bit of fire to finish off anything we may find is welcome. Conrad, Deezy, Norona, if any of you wants to join us you are welcome as well. I figure Johnny, you will want to stay out here with your suit and Tyr, you will not have much room to shift to your big form. Also, we should have two people watching our guests.”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
GM Mini Update Regarding Loot:
Upon a search of the clearing, the party finds the following goodies amongst the wreckage:
  • 10 in-tact crystal necklaces with steel chains
  • 1 necklace with the crystal partially broken off and the chain mangled (this was attached to the neck of the vampire impaled by Tyraxas' spikes and then squished by his girth). Any attempts to use this crystal are unsuccessful.
    How Smart
    Anyone who succeeds in a smarts roll can guess that Private Edward would likely have been wearing one, too... but Tyraxas ate him. Will the artifact survive in the belly of a dragon? Only time (and fiber) can tell!
  • One necklace turned completely to slag, likely by Sierra's fire.
  • One Mark IX APC (see the description here, but without the engineering package): http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=399 The Mark IX has seen better days, and the drive and weapons targeting systems suffer from Serious Problems (see TLPG p.123). The mini missile launchers are depleted.
  • Two functional Stinger Hovercycles http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=399 The missile supplies on both are depleted, and one suffers from a Serious Problem. The other is just fine.
  • The remains of a third Hovercycle. It's beyond repair, but maybe it could be used for parts?
  • 1d4 = 2 (2) suits of intact CA-1 body armor
  • 1d6 = 5 (5) C-18 laser pistols
  • One C-20 laser pistol
  • 1d4 = 4 (4) C-12 heavy assault laser rifles
  • 1d4 = 3 (3) silvered vibro-swords
  • 1d4 = 3 (3) silvered vibro-knives
  • 1d4 = 3 (3) short e-clips
  • 1d4 = 1 (1) long e-clips

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 86
Johnny moves his GB armor closer toward the fallen and wounded. He hopes out of the armor and sees what he can do through natural means for the nearest people he can help.

Healing Roll
HEAL ROLL: 1d6 = 1 (1)
WILD DIE: 1d6 = 6 (6)
ACE Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

I'll keep the Wild Die roll of 10

If necessary, he'll bust out the guitar for some "Amazing Grace" to do some magical healing.

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Jareb clutches Gift with both hands and his sword is scabbard. His wings seem far more white than usual. Coming out of the cave he shakes his head. " That was truly unbelievable." He leans against Seirra for support. " What would make a creature do that? I have traveled across the planes and even spent time down below in the fire pits of Hades... Souls tormented, even corporal bodies flayed alive. The so called justice of the Bodhisattva! Nothing compares..."
He smiles weekly at the two and his ally Kuikku, " Next time I stay with the pack."

He grabs a bottle of blue milk for Gift and tends to her smudges and tears. " I am sorry, to have taken you into such a place." Tonight will be ill for any hope of rest, Gift seems stricken and will need much from me if we are to get through this. He accepts the makeshift crib and stretches out a hammock near it so that he can keep a close eye on his baby charge. While setting up the hammock he bends low, picking up a fallen pistol: The C-20 laser pistol. He looks at it and then at his own blade, the might of St. Catherine. The blade stolen from the treasure of Michael has always been my companion... I loathe to not wield it, but perhaps their may come a time when I mustlay it down and fight with a more modern means.

After tending to his child and grabbing the new pistol, he walks the camp making sure his allies are safe and secure. Unsure of what the next step is he asks generally, " Well where are we headed to next, and is there some place we could drop these soldiers off?"






Later in the evening, Jareb pulls out his weapons while his solar companion, Solaris, freshly summond strokes his feathers. Jareb looks at the three side by side trying to concentrate. Jareb remarks chuckling "You are making it difficult." He has a tricked out plasma pistol, and a c-20 laser pistol. He shakes his head for a moment and grips the both one in each hand. The sun radiating woman laughs and Jareb smiles, "I know, I look like some kind of cow boy." He puts the pistols down and draws ST. Cathrine's blade, the blade itself rings forth newly drawn and as Jareb brandishes it with a flourish it gleems silver. " Do you remember how you helped me get this?" Solaris nods and runs her fingers accross Jareb's cheek. Jareb laughs,
" He was so mad at us...."

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Rolls Carried

If Conrad had eyebrows, he would have raised them at Tyraxas. He did not like the idea of a Dragon having access to amulets that could control them.
“I think we should store these in the ATV, locked away. Sierra, just worry about getting a fire going if you are not any good at cooking. Does anybody else have any culinary skills they’d like to share?"

After putting all the weapons in the ATV, he selected one of the C-12 Heavy Assault Rifles and slung it on his back, picking up his Plasma Ejector.

“Alright, I’ll come in the cave."

Conrad readied his vampire killing gear, leaving the Hill Flattener inside his ATV. In enclosed spaces, it would more likely be a hindrance than a help.

"After we are done here, I say spend the night, back to the rendezvous and see what these Deadboys want to do."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"Uh yeah, Ty...these things are going to be bad news to wear. Can't be sure they let them CONTROL people, but at the very least they'd make you part of some mental network that other vampires are on and probably let them read your mind and see out of your eyes and it...it's just not great."

Deezy nodded and picked out a small metal lockbox from her satchel.

"I'll keep them in here for now, okay? Once I've made sure they're safe, you can have them. Plus, maybe I can..."

The tech-wizard trailed off thoughtfully for a second.

"Huh."

She looked at Conrad. "Are you checking out the cave? Want some backup?? I still have power in most of my stuff!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
As Kuikku walks out of the caves there is a obvious shake in his hands. ”I have not seen those things Jareb but I doubt I will ever forget this. Sierra, I hope you have extra tequila, and I may even be willing to try some of that MJ you were talking about.” If this truly was only a lieutenant then the Legion needs to find out more about this group. The last thing we need is an expansion of the Vampire Kingdom this close to home.

Shaking it off Kuikku goes and looks over the weapons recovered. He thinks long and hard about taking one of the C-12s and in the end places it in the ATV next to his L5. I really don't use this much but a little extra range may come in handy. And it is a bit lighter.

Sitting at the fire he starts to prepare some food but when his stomach protests decides against it. Instead he stands back up and starts working through some of his weapon katas, attempting to clear his mind and settle his spirit.

With a calming breath
Peace and stillness wash over
Memory will fade


After almost thirty minutes of what looks like solo dancing, with a lot of sword swings, Kuikku takes a seat again. This time he is able to prepare and eat a decent meal though anyone paying attention will see that he avoids any meat. ”My understanding is that there is a legion line walker a short distance from here. We are supposed to rendezvous with them so we can get to the swamp a bit faster. This will be a good time to report what happened here as well as see if they have any information on those crystals. If needed I am sure they can take the crystals, and our company, with them when we part ways."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas' eyes narrow at Deezy. "Very well. If the enchantment you speak of truly is present, then caution is reasonable."
Tyraxas shifts his form back down to that of a human and begins combing the spoils of war. "If I am to be in this form on occasion, it should be armored. I claim this suit of armor." He points to one of the CA-1 armors. "I will remove the occupant."
He continues searching. "This sword. I will claim this. As I have only skill for one blade at this time, I shall allow the rest of you to use the remaining blades." He holds up one of the silver vibro-swords.
He leans in to Norona and whispers. "Is there anything else you might recommend I arm this form with?"
Tyraxas watches as Kuikku finishes his kata. "I admire your dedication to swordcraft. I have learned much from your display. See!" He repeats several of the maneuvers Kuikku demonstrated, though not with as much art. He only nearly sliced himself open one time. "I will study you more as time progresses." He then walks towards the area where Sierra starts her fire. "I can do that too."

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
Notice
Notice 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


With salvage, a refugee (as opposed to a prisoner), Norona remains cautious about the caves. When some of the others charge off immediately he raises an eyebrow but says nothing, Hopefully they return safely. Looking to his psi-stalker allies he motions to the caves, "Perhaps there are more creatures. Could you assist in clearing the caves? Your skills in tracking would be invaluable." If they agree, he turns his attention to the Coalition survivors. No doubt their ordeal has been hard, Norona only touched the mind of the vampire for a few moments, they have been within its thrall for much longer. No one comes out of an ordeal like that unscathed, both physically and mentally.

Looking at the sympathetically he offers food, water, and comfort to help them as the rest and recover. They have been through a lot and he does not want to shock them further by using magic or other powers. Although one of the heavenly host could bind their wounds in a moment, I must learn powers of light and healing for times when discretion is required.

Rather than offer to have angel come and heal all their ills, he starts off with small talk, "This has been quite an ordeal. Is there a place we can take you? Home, or a headquarters...or perhaps somewhere far away from those places?"

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 11 Raise
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

“Nevermind. Sounds like you have plenty of help for the caves. I’ll stay dressed,” Sierra said. “Call if you need help.”

Someone had to stay with the Coalition peeps. Norona was trying, but he was a D-Bee. That would just make them uncomfortable. At least Sierra was human, even if she could light the forest on fire.

Best keep her powers under wrap.

“Here, drink. It will calm your nerves,” Sierra told the female soldier, handing her the tequila.

“I can do that, too,” Tyraxes boasted when she lit the fire, after bossing them around.

“Well, aren’t you just a frickin’ genius then,” Sierra said sarcastically. “Let me warn you, you start tryin’ to give me orders, we’ll have issues,” she told him, stepping write up to him. Damn, he was tall! She looked up into his eyes. “I ain’t your slave, and I’ll kick that fine, tight ass of yours if I have to.”

Sierra grabbed up her portion of the food and sat down to eat.

***

Conditions
ISP: 14/20


Everything Burns
1d10 = 7 (7)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 9 (4, 5) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas cocks his head to the side and peers quizzically at Sierra. "I have no slaves. This confuses me. Wouldn't I have had to best you in combat or purchase you in order to call you my slave? Is such a thing a worthy endeavor? It does not appeal to me. Even for a fleeting moment, my will was subject to a foreign influence. I loathe the feeling. I am strong and of glorious lineage. My will is not to be subdued in favor of another, to my detriment. However, I would be a good master. There seems no reason to willfully destroy one's own slave without provocation." He ponders for a moment. "I know little of this world yet, but you do not seem the type to submit even to a kind master. Doesn't it seem foolish, then, to subjugate someone who will only seek to overthrow you? Is there sport to be had in constantly suppressing an insurrection?"

He twists his head the other way. "Is my ass tight? What purpose would be served by kicking it?" He begins tugging at the poncho in an effort to ensure it is not too tight. Eventually, he shrugs and removes the poncho in order to begin putting on the newly plundered armor. Upon donning the suit, he grabs the poncho and drop kicks it. It doesn't go very far. "I have kicked my own ass, as fine a fabric as it may have been. This armor does not seem to be too tight. Is this more to your liking?" He looks at Sierra as she stomps away.

He follows closely behind the redhead, oblivious to any signs that she might be displeased with him. He follows suit and takes the same portions of food that Sierra took. "Is this good food? The portions are meager, but then again, you are not large. Do you not need very much?" He sniffs at and studies the food, eventually following Sierra's lead and eating what she eats.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

Sierra just shook her head. “One of these days, someone’s gonna fleece you outta your skin, T-Rex,” she said. “You better stick with me. I’ll make sure no one takes advantage of you. Except me.” She flashed him a grin. “I’ll teach you to get on in this world.”

She took a bite of her food. “Good food? I don’t know about that. But it beats starving.” She ate a bit more. “You’d be surprised how much I can eat. Doing this takes a lot of calories.” And she lit a ball of fire in her hand, tossing it up and down like a tennis ball before throwing it at a tree. It caught fire in a nice conflagration, but she didn’t let it spread.

***

Conditions
ISP: 14/20


Everything Burns
1d10 = 3 (3)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 9 (4, 5) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku watches the interplay between Sierra and Tyraxas and can only shake his head. Thinking back to his own comments about eating the Coalition troopers he thinks I really hope Jareb can be as much of a good influence as the rest of us are... not.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Conditions: It is still shortly after nightfall, and the party is on a ley line.

Norona wrote:
Notice
Notice Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 3 (3)


With salvage, a refugee (as opposed to a prisoner), Norona remains cautious about the caves. When some of the others charge off immediately he raises an eyebrow but says nothing, Hopefully they return safely. Looking to his psi-stalker allies he motions to the caves, "Perhaps there are more creatures. Could you assist in clearing the caves? Your skills in tracking would be invaluable." If they agree, he turns his attention to the Coalition survivors. No doubt their ordeal has been hard, Norona only touched the mind of the vampire for a few moments, they have been within its thrall for much longer. No one comes out of an ordeal like that unscathed, both physically and mentally.


The leader of the Stalkers inclines his head while Norona speaks, but then says, "No, friend outsider. I believe we will take our leave." Indicating the field of mangled or dissolved vampire remains, he continues, "I believe you will be just fine, should any more of the small creatures endure. My people and I must report back to our tribe, and I admit I will be glad to be away from this place. We fed well, but the air stinks of the line," he nods upward, toward the soft glow of the ley line surrounding them, "and of undeath. You hunted boldly and fared well against the vampire, though it did not look like it would end well for you. Perhaps our paths will cross again." And with that, the Psi-Stalkers melt back into the trees and are gone.

About the Coalition Survivors:

Sierra Mackenzie wrote:

Sierra walked over to Jameson. She opened up the truck and dug around for her bag, pulling out her canteen. “Here you go, cutie,” she said. “Your boss don’t look so good.” She looked over at Davidson and then knelt down beside him, touching his face. “Hey. It’s over now. You’re free.” She gave him a light slap. “Hey, hot naked girl in front of you. Pay attention.” She flashed him a smile. “C’mon. Let’s go walk it off. I have to go get my clothes and radio anyway.”

Sierra helped Davidson up and nodded to Jameson to come with. She had spare clothes in her bag in the truck, but she only had a limited amount. She wasn’t going to leave her radio and clothes behind if she didn’t have to.


Specialist Davidson follows along more or less like a zombie. Jameson, though, follows with a bit more... interest.

Conrad wrote:
He opened up one of the lockers, where he kept his plasma ejector and began placing the weapons inside, making sure they were secure. He doubted that the two CS Troopers would attack them, but it never hurt to remove temptation. He dug out his NG-S2 Survival Pack and rummaged around for the tent before setting it up for the CS troopers to use.

“Get some rest in there.” He urged them, “both of you look like you are about to collapse. I’ll sleep in the ATV when it’s not my turn on watch.”
Conrad’s stomach gurgled; all this fighting and prepping for fighting vampires had made him hungry
“Somebody want to get a fire going and some food. I think we could all do with a bite to eat after that. I’m looking at you Sierra so we don’t need to dig out a firestarter from my kit. Not when we’ve got one handy.”


Davidson slumps wordlessly into a corner. Private Jameson nods to Conrad, saying "Thank you. A little chow would be welcome."

Norona wrote:
If they agree, he turns his attention to the Coalition survivors. No doubt their ordeal has been hard, Norona only touched the mind of the vampire for a few moments, they have been within its thrall for much longer. No one comes out of an ordeal like that unscathed, both physically and mentally.

Looking at the sympathetically he offers food, water, and comfort to help them as the rest and recover. They have been through a lot and he does not want to shock them further by using magic or other powers. Although one of the heavenly host could bind their wounds in a moment, I must learn powers of light and healing for times when discretion is required.

Rather than offer to have angel come and heal all their ills, he starts off with small talk, "This has been quite an ordeal. Is there a place we can take you? Home, or a headquarters...or perhaps somewhere far away from those places?"


Davidson remains unresponsive to attempts to engage with him.

In between bites, Private Jameson just shakes her head. "I don't know." Waving her arm at the field behind them, "I don't know what the fallout from all this will be, and I don't know how on earth to explain this to my chain of command. An entire company, gone, the Captain and all officers MIA, and vampires controlling Coalition troops. I mean, that doesn't exactly make for a good AAR."

Johnny Whateley wrote:
Johnny moves his GB armor closer toward the fallen and wounded. He hopes out of the armor and sees what he can do through natural means for the nearest people he can help.

Healing Roll
HEAL ROLL:Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)
WILD DIE:Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6)
ACE Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4)

I'll keep the Wild Die roll of 10

If necessary, he'll bust out the guitar for some "Amazing Grace" to do some magical healing.


Johnny finds the two soldiers to be in generally good health physically, except for dehydration and exhaustion. The water, food and rest should be helping with that.

Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
Notice 11 Raise
Notice Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

“Nevermind. Sounds like you have plenty of help for the caves. I’ll stay dressed,” Sierra said. “Call if you need help.”

Someone had to stay with the Coalition peeps. Norona was trying, but he was a D-Bee. That would just make them uncomfortable. At least Sierra was human, even if she could light the forest on fire.

Best keep her powers under wrap.

“Here, drink. It will calm your nerves,” Sierra told the female soldier, handing her the tequila.



Jameson smiles at Sierra and takes the proffered bottle. "Thank you," she says, taking a swing. After a small sip, she hands it back, eyes drooping. "Okay, I've got to get some rack time." She wanders back to the ATV, lies down, and is letting out small snores in seconds.

About the Cave:

Unfortunately, the cave is pretty anticlimactic. It doesn't appear that the vampires used it for much but avoiding the sunlight, though you do find the bodies of a handful of CS troops of differing ranks, all with neck wounds and looking drained.

The Night Passes:

Nothing of note happens during the night, except that Sierra (and anyone else with Danger Sense) feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand up once or twice. The watch never sees anything, though, and nothing disturbs you.

Conditions: It is early morning, just a little past dawn. The temperature is approximately 60 degrees and the party is on a ley line. It is drizzling lightly.

The CS soldiers are still asleep in the ATV. The Coalition vehicles and gear are still right where you left them.

Please post any additional things you would like your character to do before heading out, and how you will be traveling. By way of reminder, your orders were:

Pursuit wrote:
Orders:

Whoever opens the sealed package finds a small audio player with the following message:

"We are aware of your recent troubles, and that you have been pulled into a vampire hunt. Your unit performed commendably against the necromancer, and the Legion cannot ignore this vampire. Be advised, our long-range assets cannot see it, and it is presumed to be extremely dangerous, so approach with caution. This vampire is a priority alpha objective; eliminate it at all costs. If you are also able to remove any wild vampires, all the better, but the leader is the objective.

Upon completion of your current mission, return to Nashville and make contact with a Ley Line Walker named Veritas at the Opry Compound. He will open a Rift for you to travel the rest of the way to the area of the Dinosaur Swamp where the suspicious activity was reported. You must proceed with all possible speed, as reports back have been sporadic and something is interfering with magical reconnaissance. To assist you, enclosed is a mission allowance for expenses. Gather whatever supplies or assistance you need in town and make haste."

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Fatigue roll- battle is not an ideal situation for a child!

Jareb wipes the sleep out of his eyes. He smiles at the whisp of smoke smoldering on his chest and glances at the quiet crib. Last night was pleasent, not much sleep, but a fair renactment of pleasures past.
" Well Gift, it would seem we must make ready. We have a long journey to Nashville, through lands less than reputable I am sure." He gathers his supplies into his pack and cranes his next at the dragon. His mind is in that malleable state... Sigh, why me father...

A father's flashback
An old man with one eye looks at the laughing Angel. The old man scowels and draws his burning flame blade. He shouts at Jareb a comand, " Jareb! The mortals you mock have been laid waste by the dragon you tricked!! Their world is in need of a hero and you mock them unjustly!?
Jareb releases his laughter lounging on a cloud and raises a cup of nectar to his lips. " Father, dragons are like little children meant to be led astray. They--". Jareb's words are cut short by his father's blazing blade being pressed to his throat.
His father's steely gaze dresses the cocky angel down. " You have no idea what ypur action have done. The immortals deserve our respect, and in the old times it would not have been alone. Your actions would started a war. You have made more than the villages burn, your actions have harmed Joan's troops. The coucil has bade you to undo your latest attrocity."
His father releases the blade and sighs. The old man fixes his one good eye on Jareb, " My son you wish to have the 13th General of the celestials to mean something? You must first learn respect."

Jareb pauses at Ty. He looks the dragon in the eye best he can. " Do you yet know right from wrong Dragon? It is wrong to make someone a slave. It is right to free them. It is wrong to make your enemies slaves, it is right to defeat them, and defeat them we must countless times over. It is the struggle of light vs dark, of hope vs despair that makes our lives worth waging. Your kind in its own way developes a taste for the evil or hope. I have fought at the side of good golden dragons in my youth, and fought against foul black ones as part of an army." Jareb draws his sword for a moment thinking about a past event and searching for wisdom. " The choice as to what path you choose is yours, but it is before you nonetheless. We are good folks brought together to help this world's suffering. We may have our reasons: greed, hatred, vengence, hope, nobility, courage and so forth. But, despite our reasons what we do at its core is good. Learn from us Dragon and find your place in the world." Jareb sheathes his blade and dons his backpack. His pistolas are holstered on his hips. He holds Gift in one hand ready to walk if need be to Nashville.

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Notice 1d8 = 2 (2)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)

Conrad arose early and checked over the CS vehicles, ascertaining what state they were in. Considering their numbers and vehicles, anything that is not needed, he placed in the back of the CS APC, ready for transport. If they took it carefully, then they should be able to

"We need to head back to Nashville and rendezvous with this LeyLine walker to continue our mission Chummers," he addressed the others, "but what happens to the people we rescued?" Conrad made it clear that he didn't consider them prisoners

"He's in no state to make any choices at the moment," he pointed at Davidson, "but what about you?" he asked Jameson, "do you want to go back the Coalition? With everything you have been through, you will always be suspect to them, never to be trusted."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
As night passes uneventfuly, Norona rises early to meditate along the ley line. Much has happened since they left Castle Refuge, the original mission being subsumed by so many other dangers: murder wraiths, refugees, the Coalition, and now vampires. So many great evils in this world, and so few willing and able to stand up to them. Although he pines for home, the young fae knows heroes are needed here as well. If the Ascended saw fit to deposit him on this world perhaps his destiny lies here and not at home. Soaking in the energy from the ley line he rejuvenates himself while he meditates, for the first time he starts to consider a future here rather than a stop over.

Yet, there is the matter of his companions. The original crew has all but vanished, all but Conrad remains from their original expedition. Johnny joined soon after, but the rest were new. The young dragon in particular is a wild card, given the evils of this world his power could easily be corrupted. Norona quietly prays Tyraxas will remain with them and grow in the ways of the legion. Of course, there is the matter of the flaming nudist and fallen spirit as well. These were unusual companions, somehow made normal in this world.

There is much to be done.

Taking breakfast of local plants and water he checks in on Zofa, who lays resting after a night of prowling and hunting. "Well friend, it looks as if we remain together still."

Sifting through the capture gear from the Coalition Norona sighs, "Do we have enough drivers for another armored vehicle? It is of great value, if not to us then to the legion. Perhaps we can store what has been captured in here as well." Looking over the other vehicles he nods appreciatively at the working hover cycles, "Conrad, perhaps one of these will help me to scout ahead further and spot potential troubles before they occur."

Sitting with the crystals for a moment he reflects on their nature.

Crystals
    They allow all wearers to use the telepathy power (at no PP cost) to communicate with other wearers of the crystals.
    Each set of 13 crystals forms a "closed" group; while there are 13 total sets of crystals, only wearers of a specific set can hear each other.
    The necklaces do not carry the ability to use mind control or puppet, nor are wearers of the crystals more vulnerable to such powers than anyone else.


Norona recognizes the markings as originating from a long-thought-dead South American death cult rumoured to have worshipped a vampire as their ruler. Thirteen sets were made for the monarch's thirteen most trusted lieutenants, and each set contains 13 crystals. The sets are linked individually, so only the holders of a particular set can hear each other; rivalry among the lieutenants of the High Court was highly encouraged. It is not currently known how the crystals were made in the first place.

Realizing their value, Norona suggest the team use the crystals as a means to communicate, "Each of us will be able to communicate magically with the other. This should be even more secure then our radio devices, and only require thoughts not words."

As camp is broken and the fate of their new guests is decided Norona starts up his hovercyle.

"Shall I take the point?"

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Notice
Notice = 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild = 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)
Total = 11


After finishing his meal, and cleaning up from performing his katas, Kuikku sleeps surprisingly well. The next morning, as he goes through his wake up stretches and breakfast, he overhears Jareb talking to Tyraxas and recalls a similar talk about vengeance and justice.

Flashback
The smoke from the extinguished fires was still heavy in the air. The last of the Coalition forces had surrendered and were being secured prior to transport. There were two Cyber-Knights overseeing the process and the rest of the Legion forces were securing the weapons and seeing to the wounded.

A young quick flex slowly walks towards the prisoners, eyes focused on one particular Dead Boy. A few steps away the kid slowly pulls a small knife out of the waist of his pants but before he can do anything with it one of the Knights grabs his arm.

As the kid struggles to get loose the Knight quietly asks ”Just what did you think you were going to do? You know his armor would have deflected this and he may not have even known you struck him.”

The kid screams in reply ”He killed my mother, and laughed while doing it! His helmet is off and his throat is just as exposed as hers was! I want to see if he can still laugh after HIS blood is flowing down HIS chest! LET! ME! GO!”

With no effort at all the Knight pulls the knife out of the kids hand and tosses it away. Kneeling down he takes the kids shoulders in his hands and looks him in the eyes. ”Revenge will not change what has happened. And it will not calm your heart or mind. All of these people will receive a just punishment for their actions but here and now is not the place or time. It is only through the rule of law that order can be restored. If we go around taking vengeance for every slight then eventually we are killing over someone sneezing the wrong way.”

Looking over the kid's shoulder, and seeing that most of the prisoners have been moved away, he lets the kid go and sits on the ground. Patting the ground next to him he continues, ”But, just as important as having rules is the understanding of how and when to apply them. In combat there are a different set of rules than before. And a third set of rules for after the fight ends. If a person has surrendered then you really should not just kill them. There are exceptions, but if they are smart enough to surrender then you should be smart enough not to kill them. You never know what can be gained by allowing them to live and once they are dead there is nothing else you can do with them.”

During the entire lecture the kid just looks at the Knight, ignoring the offer to sit down. Smiling the Knight stands back up. ”Don't worry kid. As you get older you will figure some of this out. Just be forewarned; I am lot older than you and still don't have all the answers.” With a small wave the Knight moves to catch up to the rest of the troops.

The kid watches as they all move out of sight. As he turns to walk away he notices a book laying on the ground. Picking it up he looks at the title The Secret Wisdom of the Samurai.

Kuikku shakes off the reverie and moves toward Conrad and Norona. ”I don't have any formal training but I am sure I can drive the second vehicle as far as Nashville. Once there we can find a buyer for any thing we don't need. Then we can use the proceeds to pick up anything else we may decide we do need. Also, Davidson of Jameson should be able to get to anyplace they feel they need to go. They may even be able to get a ride with the Line Walker to Castle Refuge if that is where they want to go.”

To Norona he states "If you are reasonably sure they are safe to use then I guess hand one out to each of us and store the rest. At least until one or more get melted." The last comment is accompanied with a glance and Sierra.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Jareb wrote:
" Do you yet know right from wrong Dragon? It is wrong to make someone a slave. It is right to free them. It is wrong to make your enemies slaves, it is right to defeat them, and defeat them we must countless times over. It is the struggle of light vs dark, of hope vs despair that makes our lives worth waging. Your kind in its own way developes a taste for the evil or hope. I have fought at the side of good golden dragons in my youth, and fought against foul black ones as part of an army." Jareb draws his sword for a moment thinking about a past event and searching for wisdom. " The choice as to what path you choose is yours, but it is before you nonetheless. We are good folks brought together to help this world's suffering. We may have our reasons: greed, hatred, vengence, hope, nobility, courage and so forth. But, despite our reasons what we do at its core is good. Learn from us Dragon and find your place in the world."


Tyraxas listens intently as Jareb speaks. When Jareb finishes, Tyraxas continues looking directly at him. After a long pause, Tyraxas responds. "I know neither right nor wrong. I have fleeting images of my father and mother, and several things they impressed upon me at various times. But right and wrong are concepts they have omitted. Perhaps they wished me to discover them for myself, or perhaps I am a dragon, and mighty, and that is what makes right." He pauses, considering both possibilities, then continues. "The concept of slavery is quite new to me. As is most everything, it seems. I see merit in the domination of defeated enemies, but this is not without a host of new difficulties. If slavery is unacceptable, what is to be done with foes who surrender? Take these humans who initially were our foes. We have fed them and sheltered them after they attempted to kill us. Should they not serve us? They would simply seek an escape, or to kill us, at their earliest opportunity, so perhaps service is out of the question. But if we let them live, will they not do the same thing? What compels them not to take up arms against us as soon as they see opportunity?"

Tyraxas shrugs. "I would be lying if I said I already knew what I need to know to make an impact on this world. Right or wrong, good or evil. You are the victors, and these who were allied to the one who subjugated my will are defeated. I will study their defeat, but only as an object lesson in courses of action to avoid. I have much more to learn from victors. I will follow you, and I will find my place." He walks past Jareb and begins to help pack and carry things that the others are loading into the vehicles. As he passes the angel, he unknowingly offers an age-old schoolyard taunt. "But do not presume the color of my scales imputes fair or foul to my soul. I did not choose my coloration. That is bestowed upon me by my father. You have not fought against him, or else you would be dead. My father is greater than your father."

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Jareb looks at the dragon " You would have liked my father, and he would like you. I was just trying to help you and you taunt me? You wound me. Why would you do that, I was only trying to illustrate you could be a force for good if you put your mind to it. I just don't get where you are coming from to think you can make fun of ones father. I treat you with great reverence and hold the word dragon with wonder. If its a problem I can steer clear of you." Jareb just shakes his head in amazement at the dragons response.
" As for the soldiers we should let them go, either here or in Nashville. They will attack us again if given the chance, but we will not hold their future agressions against them."

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Conrad wrote:
Notice Original post: 1d8 = 2 (2)
wild dice Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Conrad arose early and checked over the CS vehicles, ascertaining what state they were in. Considering their numbers and vehicles, anything that is not needed, he placed in the back of the CS APC, ready for transport. If they took it carefully, then they should be able to

"We need to head back to Nashville and rendezvous with this LeyLine walker to continue our mission Chummers," he addressed the others, "but what happens to the people we rescued?" Conrad made it clear that he didn't consider them prisoners

"He's in no state to make any choices at the moment," he pointed at Davidson, "but what about you?" he asked Jameson, "do you want to go back the Coalition? With everything you have been through, you will always be suspect to them, never to be trusted."


Jameson considers Conrad carefully and says, "I have no idea where I'm going next, or what I'm doing. I have some family in Coalition territory that are relying on me to earn citizenship and get them out of the 'Burbs, but that doesn't look particularly likely from where I stand today."

With a raised eyebrow, she asks, "You are all part of this 'Tomorrow Legion,' yes? Could your people help my family? Honestly, the whole 'superiority of humanity' thing always went a little over my head. I signed up to fight monsters, and the Coalition was to keep my family safe. Or at least safer than they would have been otherwise. If your Legion can offer them the same safety, I could offer you the same service. Looks to me like you kill plenty of monsters."

"Oh, and I can drive the Mark IX, if you need a pilot. It's not my specialty, but I'm certified on it. The thing is banged up, though, and I don't know how she'll handle the terrain, but I'm willing to give it a go."

Davidson looks up for the first time seemingly since the end of last night's hostilities, watching Conrad in particular and the rest of the party in general, waiting to see how you all respond to Jameson.

Persuasion
Now would be a great time for a persuasion roll, cooperative or otherwise.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:54 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"Killing monsters is TOTALLY our thing!" Deezy enthuses to Jameson. "If you wanted to leave the Coalition, I'm sure we can find a spot for you! And don't worry about that sweet APC...I've got just the thing for it!"

Her armor's right forearm peeled open, unleashing a complicated-looking robotic arm that telescoped out...and then itself blossomed into a dizzying array of tools.

"I'll get that thing moving even if it kills us! Which it aaaaaaaaallmost definitely probably won't!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas blinks, clearly confused. "I have not intended to taunt you. I was merely stating a fact. Is it insulting to acknowledge the superiority of an adversary, or even an ally? I am already greatly skilled in the ways of swordplay, but I have much to learn from that one -" he points to Kuikku "- before I would be able to best him in equal combat with the blade. I see no insult in acknowledging that. I have already admitted that I have much to learn, and I would do well to learn from this group. It seems I have much to learn about acceptable speech, while I study the ways of the world. I do wish to reiterate, though, that the color of my scales has no bearing on my soul. I wear black scales proudly as the son of my father, Blackwell, greatest of dragons." With that, perhaps to prove his good intent, he finds some of last night's leftover rations and brings it to Jareb. "Here. I have brought this for the small one. It needs food to grow, yes?"

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


***

Sierra slept a bit fitfully that night. Something made her hairs rise. She got up as usual halfway through the night, taking a cigarette and the tequila out into the woods. She peeled off her shirt and sat on a log, letting her fiery wings flare out behind her. She needed to let off some heat before she started something on fire accidentally, or burned someone unintentionally just by touching them. When she returned, she curled up with Jameson in the ATV.

“Morning, beautiful,” Sierra said with a yawn and a stretch as they woke in the morning. She was rather warm and toasty, keeping the vehicle nice against the morning chill.

Sierra wandered off into the woods again for her morning business, including letting out her wings again to stay safe. She came back to stoke the fire again for breakfast. “We better have coffee rations.”

Sierra listened to Jameson as she spoke and nodded.

“The Tomorrow Legion is good at taking in people with no home,” Sierra said. “After I learned I could do this,” she ignited a bit of fire in her hand, “I didn’t really have any place in Whykin I could stay.” She didn’t explain exactly why that was and what had happened. “The Legion pretty much saved my life. Plenty of folks with nowhere to go are setting up a nice little town called Refuge outside the castle. We can hook your family up.”

Persuasion 13 2 Raises
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6+4 = 8 (4)


“My father is greater than your father," Tyraxes said.

Sierra laughed and jumped on Tyraxes’ back, arms wrapped around his muscular chest. “My daddy could beat up your daddy!” she teased the dragon. “If your daddy’s so great, why ain’t I never heard of this Blackwell? Pretty sure my friend Alenysturathe would challenge that title of greatest dragon ever! She’s pretty cool.”

***

Conditions
ISP: 20/20


Everything Burns
1d10 = 8 (8)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 3 (1, 2) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the Mountaineer.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:41 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Notice 1d8 = 1 (1)
wild dice 1d6 = 3 (3)

Conrad sits down on the floor and still towered somewhat over Jameson without even trying, such was his size.

"The Legion can be the home to anybody who wants to join and help.I don't want to lie though, it won't be easy considering everything we are up against, but considering everything you have been through, the Legion will be there to help, not to judge you unworthy. In fact, the entire basis behind the legion is to help people, protect them from creatures like that Vampire. In the end, isn't that what we should be all about."


OOC Comments
Persuasion assist 1d6 = 4 (4)
wild dice 1d6 = 1 (1)



Deezy Klatta wrote:
Her armor's right forearm peeled open, unleashing a complicated-looking robotic arm that telescoped out...and then itself blossomed into a dizzying array of tools."I'll get that thing moving even if it kills us! Which it aaaaaaaaallmost definitely probably won't!"


Conrad gives Deezy a bemused look at her enthusiasm.
"How about we get it back to Nashville and then have a look. We can decide then


"Johnny, did your Glitter Boy pick up any knocks or anything? I can have a look whilst you maybe provide us with some light uplifting music while we get going chummer."

Norona wrote:
Looking over the other vehicles he nods appreciatively at the working hover cycles, "Conrad, perhaps one of these will help me to scout ahead further and spot potential troubles before they occur."


"Absolutely fine with me Chummer. Anything that helps. he points at the least damaged one, "might I suggest you take that one. The other one needs more repairs. Doesn't look these have been maintained for a while."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Tyraxas wrote:
Tyraxas blinks, clearly confused. "I have not intended to taunt you. I was merely stating a fact. Is it insulting to acknowledge the superiority of an adversary, or even an ally? I am already greatly skilled in the ways of swordplay, but I have much to learn from that one -" he points to Kuikku "- before I would be able to best him in equal combat with the blade. I see no insult in acknowledging that. I have already admitted that I have much to learn, and I would do well to learn from this group. It seems I have much to learn about acceptable speech, while I study the ways of the world. I do wish to reiterate, though, that the color of my scales has no bearing on my soul. I wear black scales proudly as the son of my father, Blackwell, greatest of dragons." With that, perhaps to prove his good intent, he finds some of last night's leftover rations and brings it to Jareb. "Here. I have brought this for the small one. It needs food to grow, yes?"


Jareb raises an eye at the dragon bringing forth food for Gift. He sighs perhaps realizing his error. " Yes of course Gift is a voracious eater. Ever since I have known her she loves food." [i]Blackwell... Indeed.[i]
Jareb takes the food and shovels it into Gifts greedy mouth. He stretches out his hand, in friendship " I fell back on the popluar misconceptions of a different realms notion of that color of dragon scales betrays intent. That was not my intention, your father's name rings near, I wonder if I he and I have crossed paths. Sit a while and tell me a memory your father may have imparted. Gift seems restless a story of parantage would do well to ease her soul. I too would be interested in hearing more." Jareb smiles and invites the dragon to sit near.

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 86
During the time holing up, Schoolboy will make small talk with the Coalition folks still with us with the intent to get them to talk and come out of shock if necessary (Davidson in particular). If possible, Johnny would like to expand their paradigms--even gradually--away from the harsher views of the CS.

PERSUASION
Let me know how my GB rep plays into the roll with these CS guys as it might wash out Johnny's Charisma bonus or stack

PERSUASION 1d6 = 1 (1)
WILD DICE 1d6 = 2 (2)
1 Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 = 3 (3)


Conrad wrote:
"Johnny, did your Glitter Boy pick up any knocks or anything? I can have a look whilst you maybe provide us with some light uplifting music while we get going chummer."


"Not that I could see, hoss." Johnny looks his armor up and down, then rubs the back of his neck. "Though, I think it's still a bit twitchy after our run in with those juiced-up zombies. It couldn't hurt for a second pair of eyes to check it out."

Before heading back to the armor, Johnny turns back to Conrad. "That stash of gear still good? I think I need to have something a bit more personal for the armor instead of relying on the Boom Gun. Any thoughts?"

_________________
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter


Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
rolls carried


Johnny Whateley wrote:
"Not that I could see, hoss." Johnny looks his armor up and down, then rubs the back of his neck. "Though, I think it's still a bit twitchy after our run in with those juiced-up zombies. It couldn't hurt for a second pair of eyes to check it out."


"I'll take a look back in Nashville Chummer." Conrad took off his helmet and put his cigar between his teeth, "Not really the place to carry out sensitive repairs."

Johnny Whateley wrote:
Before heading back to the armor, Johnny turns back to Conrad. "That stash of gear still good? I think I need to have something a bit more personal for the armor instead of relying on the Boom Gun. Any thoughts?"


"You mean for the armour to use?" Conrad looked at the weapon cache and mentally compared the weapon sizes to the Glitter Boy, "pretty much on the small size. No Mini rail guns or Rocket Launchers or two handed chainswords."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
As conversation turns to the Legion Norona nods quietly, "It is true, the Legion takes in those with no home. My home is far from here and I have spent much time studying lore and learning to try and find a way back. Yet, to no avail." He looks skyward at the single sun and strange skies and sighs, "The legion is the closest place to a home I have been able to find here. In fact, I am beginning to think I am here for a reason and should focus on going forward and not getting back."

Persuasion 10
Unskilled 1d4 = 4 (4)
Ace 1d4 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)
Charisma +2 offsets unskilled of -2


As they prepare to leave Norona looks to the Mark IX and then to Zoffa, "You hunt all night and sleep all day. Perhaps you can lie down in there...and keep our new friend company." With that, the scout fires up his hovercycle and prepares to take point, "Shall I go ahead and find an optimal path for our wheeled vehicles?"

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku listens to the other members of his group. ”My companions make valid points regarding joining the Tomorrow Legion. Smacking around monsters, as you witnessed here, helping others, as we are attempting to do with you both now, even just a bit of freedom, as has been implied by presenting you with this option as opposed to conscripting you. But one thing to remember is what will be waiting for you should you decide to go back.

You two are the only ones to survive out of your entire company. At least part of the reason was due to some of you falling under the influence of a vampire. I don't know a lot about how the Coalition works but I suspect you will be held responsible for this 'weakness'. At a minimum any hope for further advancement is gone. I am willing to bet you, and any family you may have, will be relegated to the slums to fend for yourselves. That of course presumes you are not just executed.

Now, you don't have to go to join the Tomorrow Legion, you don't even need to go to Castle Refuge. I just doubt you will find much else out there to your liking. The Federation of Magic is going to have issues with you as former members of the Coalition Army. I suppose you could make a run for Free Quebec but their relations are pretty close with the Confederation and you could find yourselves turned over for political reasons. In the other direction there is the Pecos Empire, or the Kingdom of Worth, but you would not be much more than mercenaries there and you could just as easily do that here without being quite so close to more vampires. And I am almost certain none of those options will offer to help recover any family you have back home.

In the end the decision is yours. However, I would strongly recommend going to Castle Refuge and seeing what things are like there. If you like what you see then you can talk to someone about how you can help, even without joining the Tomorrow Legion.”


Persuasion 13/15
Persuasion 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Benny re-roll with Elan
Persuasion 1d8+4 = 12 (8) Ace 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Not sure if my “Revered Protector” bonus applies here or not. If so then total is 15.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Wrapping Up:

Private Jameson is clearly emboldened by your words, and she tells you, "If the Legion will do all of that and get my family to somewhere safe, I'm sold. Where do I sign up?" She gives a little wink, stands up and knocks some of the dirt off of her armor. Lest anyone have misunderstood her meaning, she continues, "But seriously, how does somebody join up? The States had us scan a datapad with our fingerprint as our enlistment contract. Do you guys do something similar? If y'all are planning to run something up your chain of command in Nashville, let me know and I can make a recording for my family. They'll need help getting to your castle, and I doubt my Coalition accounts are worth much at this point."

She notices Davidson watching her and raises her chin at him. "And you, Davidson? Where do you come out in all of this? Captain is a dead bloodsucker now, and there's no turning back from a failure like this. Best we could hope for is a court marshal."

Davidson is silent for a while, and it seems like he will offer no response, until he says, "Maybe you're right." With a flip of his hand, he indicates the party and continues, "but I'm not signing up with these. Maybe you could help me, and maybe you can't, but I'm not taking the risk. I have people I know I can still rely on, and after all of this, I'm not much for trusting anyone new. Especially a bunch of de-b... ah, people I don't know anything about."

"If you can get me back to Nashville, though, I would be grateful. And if you'll let me keep my gear, or at least some of it, I can get by well enough."

It is obvious to you all that, outside of the compulsion of the vampire, Davidson's personality is very different.
Persuasion
Great job on the persuasion narratives and rolls. Between all of you who made them, you not only persuaded Jameson to join up, you also managed to turn Davidson from uncooperative to friendly. Assuming you give him a ride and let him keep his gear as requested, you will all gain him as a contact! Please add him to your character sheets.



Moving on Out:
You spend the morning packing up the Mark IX with all the gear it will carry and otherwise organizing yourselves for the trip back. Norona, on his new hovercycle, speeds on ahead to find the best path back to the city.

The ride back to Nashville is relatively uneventful, except that the Mark IX breaks down at one point during a rough spot, requiring the party to do some emergency repairs just to get it going again. You don't have all of the parts on hand, so your patch job is temporary at best, but it gets it moving again. Unfortunately, due to the lost time, you don't arrive back at the city until almost nightfall.

The city is just as you remember it, with ley lines criscossing the sky and a large nexus point clearly visible from anywhere in town. Those of you who have been in the city before recognize some of the same Federation of Magic people on the streets, and you can surmise that their presence is likely unchanged in the short time you have been gone.

The city is of course guarded by a handful of mercenaries with poor grooming but spotless weapons and well cared-for armor, and you are told in no uncertain terms that you should be careful in town not to be seen wearing battle armor or carrying anything larger than a pistol if you want to avoid trouble. They eye your coalition transports warily, but as you are obviously not with the CS, they don't give you too much grief about it, other than to tell you that you may not bring it into the city. The last thing they want is for residents to look out their windows and think the Coalition are invading.

There is a gated lot just outside the city where you can park it for a few credits a day, though they warn you not to leave it unsupervised if you care about its parts or contents.

The city features a large music and performance district, several reputable hotels, many more less-than-reputable hotels, shops of all varieties, both magical and mundane, a decent-sized junkyard, and anything else a reasonably secure Rifts city could offer.

Now What?
Go ahead and post, interlude style, anything you would like to do while you are in town. You can combine everything into one post, or you can role play off of each other as you see fit. I will try to be on the spot at responding over the next couple of days (especially since we are close to the end of the quarter).

Anyone who puts up an interlude describing their forays in town will get 1 bonus experience point for the quarter.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:23 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
Norona in Nashville

The ley lines of Nashville help Norona feel comfortable, although nothing can completely quell his distaste for urban areas or the Federation of Magic. Nonetheless, he complies with the orders from the mercenaries and locks all his valuables - including his newfound hover bike- in the Mark IX. Looking at Zoffa he smiles and says, "Protect."

Heading into the city he begins to poke around, taking time to meditate on the ley lines and draw power from them. Seeing as he gave all of his credits to Deezy the poverty stricken half-elf tries to amuse himself on a shoestring budget. Fortunately, the city has a small - poorly stocked - library. Curious, he enters and is greeted by a rather bookish gnome seated on a tall stool at a reception desk. He looks up from a dusty tome and nods, "Welcome to the Hermitage, I'm Andrew Jackson but most people call me Jackie. You are free to look around, we have a few items from the Golden Age of man and some more recent pulp as well." Smiling at the friendly greeting Norona gives a wave and introduces himself, "Well met Jackie. I am Norona, recently arrived from the mid-west. My knowledge of this area is scant...do you have any books or information regarding the history of this area so I might acquaint myself with it?"

In typical Gnomish fashion Jackie proves eager to talk, "Sure do," he says as he uncovers an old worn book entitled Visitor's Guide to Nashville. "This one is kind of a local information guide from before the Rifts. Very cool stuff. I also got any one of old ghost stories, the humans of the Golden Age didn't believe in magic. Can you believe that?" He continues motoring on for a few moments, not allowing Norona a word in edgewise. "For more recent stuff, I've been working on my own town history. Can't say everything, lest Lord Dunscon take exception. I've been working on a visitors guide and local ghost stories, a kind of homage to the old stuff."

Nodding, Norona takes all four books - the new and the old - and settles down for a read of the local history. While it is unlikely to uncover anything useful to their trip, it never hurts to be knowledgeable about the local area.

Investigation 5
Investigation 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas turns, like a cat chasing its tail, to try to face his new piggyback rider. "What game is this? I win all the games I play, starting with this one. What are the rules, that I may best you? I would triumph over you and this Alenysturathe you speak of at the same time!" He eventually manages to scoop the girl over his shoulder, pinning her there while he turns back to Jareb. "I see only glimpses. But he stands at the head of a great legion of warriors of any kind you can imagine. He wages war on an enemy too great to comprehend...now I see him rending the head of death with only his hands, and inside the head are many insignificant fools who thought they could triumph...and then...darkness." He pauses, contemplating these fleeting images, all while Sierra is securely pinned to his shoulder. "I know not the purpose for this war, but the scope is beyond fathom."



A night in Nashville:

Tyraxas stays outside the city overnight, so as not to alert anyone about the presence of a dragon in their town. His forays into Nashville are interspersed in 3-4 hour segments, usually accompanying one of the other Legionnaires. He does very little except pester his 32nd SET guide about anything and everything he sees, like a small town child seeing the big city for the first time. Whether following Norona to a library or Conrad to a shop, he walks around, eyeing every building and every person around. He helps Deezy carry spare parts back to the APC, where he usually stays. She yells at the machine as if it would respond to her. How strange.

He takes part of his time to follow Kuikku on a mission of mercy, feeding many of the city's poorer residents. He spends his own money to feed others. What possible benefit could he derive? He is not enriching his own hoard with this practice. Still, these people seem grateful for his assistance.

On one of his solo excursions into the city, he passes a bar, wherein the sounds of live music are heard. He is lured in by the music, and proceeds to spend two hours watching as the band plays. Towards the end of the concert, he notices one of the patrons, a half-orcish looking d-bee, becoming increasingly aggressive towards the waitress. It begins verbally, with catcalls of "How hard is it to do your job? I ordered the same thing as last time!" but quickly transitions to "Maybe if I blacked one of your eyes it would set your head straight!" The rest of his table was no more accommodating, laughing at his cruel barbs and insults. The waitress eventually gets around to Tyraxas, but she is clearly distraught. "Is this a normal manner of speaking to the one who brings drinks? It seems that it has distressed you."

The quick-flex waitress sniffs a bit, and responds. "Oh, it's the same group that usually gives me trouble. They always pay, though, and my boss doesn't care as long as the tabs are paid. Can I get you something?"

Tyraxas narrows his eyes. "I have no money and no need to consume anything." The waitress peers at him quizzically, but shrugs. "Well, let me know if you change your mind."

The waitress' shift doesn't improve, though, as the aggressive patron shouts loud enough to interrupt the music, and pushes the waitress to the ground to punctuate his point.
Tyraxas stands up and moves towards the abusive patron. "You there. You are easily three times her size, but half her intellect. Perhaps it would be better if you compensated this establishment for the drinks you and your lot have consumed, and find someplace with service more to your liking."

The brute looks at the poorly clothed and unarmed man, and scoffs. "You run your mouth pretty big without a heater or a crew. I count eight of us and one of you. We don't even need to pull what we got to beat you down."

Tyraxas' face scrunches up, unfamiliar with the assertion. "The temperature is moderate. Why would I need additional heat? You place too much faith in your numbers and not enough discretion in your choice of foe."

The crew of toughs share confused looks, as if trying to comprehend the reply. Eventually, they all stand up. The lead thug stretches, preparing for a fight. "I didn't choose. You're choosin' for us. But we sure as hell are gonna answer." Suddenly, he lunges for Tyraxas, trying to knock him to the ground. Tyraxas quickly sidesteps the clumsy lunge, and punctuates the move with a gentle shove to the ground. Face first. The thug stands up, blood dripping from his mouth. "Oh, now you done it. GET HIM!" Before the thug can regain his feet, Tyraxas has hoisted him into the air, throwing him into the remainder of his group. Three of the thugs fall out. The other four pull knives and charge. Taking a moment to magically enhance his fighting ability, Tyraxas easily counters their drunken stabs with fists and feet, perfectly placed.
Though still in human form, he doesn't lack for strength. The thugs learn a very significant lesson in hand to hand combat, as well as proper manners and appropriate conduct with wait staff. As the last thug begins slipping into unconsciousness, Tyraxas leans into his face. "You have chosen your foe unwisely. And you should be more polite to those weaker than you. You know not whether they are guarded by ones stronger than you." He punctuates his statement with a not-so-gentle pat on the cheek, and the thug's eyes close for an unscheduled nap. Tyraxas stands back up. "I'll have a drink. They have agreed to pay." Several patrons clap, and the waitress offers the first smile Tyraxas has seen on her face all night.
Upon finishing his drink and ensuring the riff-raff has been removed from the establishment (after paying for the drinks and damages) Tyraxas returns to the APC to listen to Deezy bang and clang at the inner workings of the machine. Tyraxas sleeps, a smile visible on his draconic mouth.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Last edited by Tyraxas on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:04 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
Notice
1d8 = 1 (1)
wild dice 1d6 = 3 (3)

"You want to go your own way Davidson, that's fine with me Chummer. Might i suggest West or Merctown. Stay away as much as possible from the Coalition."

As they returned to Nashville, Conrad spent time checking over their equipment, particularly the new vehicles they had gained. An operator's job was never done.

CS APC 1d10+2 = 10 (8)
1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Hovercycle 1d10+2 = 10 (8)
1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Norona's Hovercycle 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Gonna need some parts he told the others, "some of the damage is quite severe and since people want me to work on other items as well, gonna need to sell a few things and see what we can get."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:41 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
It has been some time since I have been to this city. The bright city lights seem... Not as festive as they once were. Jareb looks arround, he will leave his two pistols in Conrad's vehicle but his sword stays scabbered by his side. Jareb hurriedly chases down Ty, and taps him on the shoulder. Gift giggles a bit and tries to reach for the dragon. " Oh I did want to thank you for the memories, it put Gift asleep and gave me some peace... However, they seemed fresh, as if your father is currently embroiled in a fight agaisnt darkness. Should more come to you and you wish to investigate further I would gladly assist you in any way, both with skill and arms if need be."

Nashville sure has changed, the streets seem less vibriant. There used to be a nice record store just down the lane there. Now its a supplies and more store. Ah a nice looking hiking pack for Gift.

After talking to the dragon, Jareb finds Sierra and Conrad, " Both you two strike me as idividuals that are savvy and well liked. Perhaps you could work together and sell any excess gear. Perhaps even see to it that it is split evenly among the Legion's members. I hear there is something that passes for a library in this city, and I was going to head there and investigate any leads as to what may be going on in the swap, and the activities of the vampire we faced." Jareb turns to leave and swimgs back, " Conrad, I bought a nice pack for Gift, some kind of hiking pack I beleive. I was wondering if uhh... If you might be able to tinker with it, it would be helpful to be able to sheath my sword inside the pack. If it might have some kind quick draw release mechanism for the sword as well that would be desired." Gift giggles trying to grasp Conrad's tale. " We would be both honored and appriciative if you were able to do this. If credits for materials are needed please take from my share."
Hiking Pack
Attachment:
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG [ 39.47 KiB | Viewed 2538 times ]

Jareb wanders arround for a bit and runs in an old friend... A Turtlish man with a glowing animal on his forarm brushes past the Angel, but stops taken aback by the sight of Jareb " Jareb! What are you doing here?"
Jareb too looks shock but rcovers quckly grasping his friends hand, " Newt! Of all the places in... Have you heard of the tomorrow legion? I am back in the mix, this little one showed me how." Jareb brandishes Gift as if illustrating a point.
Turtle man Newt
Attachment:
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0348.JPG [ 242.72 KiB | Viewed 2540 times ]

The turle man, now named Newt looks at Jareb and at Gift, " Ahh, so that was what she meant when she tole you a little life would set your path. It has been many years my friend, not since that business in Newtown I think."

Jareb nods solemly, a flash of regret goes across his face, " The last 400 years, have not been my finest hour. Newtown was no exception. I am sorry I was of little use to you and your cause. Had I been in the place I am now, perhaps blood shed could have been avoided."

Newt pets his glowing animal on his wrist, Gift coos trying to reach out for it. Newt calmly aggrees, " Life twists and flows, it is good to see you helping, the Tomorrow Legion is known to us. How, did you come to the child I wonder... Perhaps a mystey to be revealed in due course... I know of your penchant for literature and events new and old. Have you been to Ye Ol Gazeete? A refurbished printing house, now holds a treasure trove of data files, historical documents, and archives of both ancient and more current variety."

Jareb and Newt laugh walking arround sharing memories and swapping stories of ages hence. Finally at the palace for research Jareb bids his friends welcome companionship adu. "It has been a welcome respite to see you and talk to you again my friend. I will be soon lost in the annuls that wait for me, perhaps our rivers will mix once again."

Newt grasps his friends shoulder, " It warms my heart that your life has started anew. If you need a quiet place I trust you still know the way?" Jareb nods and Newt before leaving quietly whispers, " She fortold of this meeting. I was not sure, but after seeing you like this... I have a messege, The keeper of souls has broken his chain, and now lurks in the doorway seeking the little mind. In front of the red rock the final choice to keep her will be made." The Turtle man chuckles mirthlessly, " She is cryptic as ever, but I wonder if she was talking about the child you now hold. Good bye Jareb, I will see you again."
Watching his friend Jareb looks down at Gift. More mysteries in Nashville...

Jareb hits the data files hard in the Ye Ol Gazeteer looking for anything of recent interest in the Swamp, or some further insights into what the vampire may have been up too.
Investigation 7
Investigate=7 1d8 = 2 (2) wild 1d6 = 4 (4) benny for EF 1d6 = 1 (1)+2 elan

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
The drivetrain on the APC has barely spun down before Deezy has yanked the belly hatch opened and jumped down through it, calling, "Imma check that jury rig real quick! Maybe I can get it fixed up better while we're here! Jameson, glad you're with us! Davidson, be careful out there it's the Federation of Magic and they're not..." her last words are blotted largely out when the hatch closes up over her head.

Clanging noises ensue from under the vehicle.

As the others run their errands, it's pretty common to see Deezy charging into town with a determined look on her face and smudges of grime and grease staining her clothes and skin. That, or charging back out while awkwardly trying to hold an armload of parts together without dropping any. Those venturing back to the parking lot might hear the distinct crackle and flashing blue-white light of a torch glimmering from between the wheel wells.

Once or twice, the sound of the Omniblaster discharging, and Deezy shouting at someone to keep their mitts off of her patient can be heard.

Repair 10 (1/2 usual time for repairs)
1d10+6 = 7 (1) or 1d6+6 = 10 (4)


It's not until later in the day that she seals up the hatches securely and saunters into town with her T-shirt that was probably white at some point, but now looks like a greyscale camo pattern from all the overlapping stains, and her besmirched cargo shorts and her freckles obscured by smudges with her red hair poking out in all directions.

She gets a room in one of the local 'motel/inns' with an attached bar, and heads to have a toast for a day well spent. If the bartender is surprised to get an order for strawberry-flavored water, he's too much of a professional to show it. One of the town mercenaries takes a seat next to her then and looks the techno-wizard up and down, assessing her.

"You came in on that Coalition transport," he growls. His face isn't quite human. The nose too large and too angular, the brow too heavy, the lips too wide and somehow rigid. He's also...quite large.

Deezy looked over at him and gave him a bright smile, "I didn't come in on any Coalition anything! You've got the wroooooooong gal." She made grabby motions at the glass of straws that was just out of reach until the bartender gave her one.

The mercenary growled under his breath, "The APC out in the lot. It still has the damned unit number on the side."

"Oh, well yeah, but it's not Coalition." She gave him a wink as she sipped her flavored water through the straw, turning it momentarily pink. "You could ask the previous owners...uh, if you're into necromancy, I mean."

He stared at Deezy for a moment.

"On account that they're dead," Deezy went on. "But if you're a necromancer, you could summon their shades or..."

"I get it," the merc interrupted. "So the Coalition attacked you, you killed them and took it?"

"Sorta. Well, no." The redhead magitech shook her head and went on. "Vampires attacked them. Then they attacked us. And they forced the ones they didn't kill, to also attack us. And we pretty much killed 'em all. And THEN we took the APC." She smiled.

The stonefaced mercenary continued his staring, and Deezy thought he'd be really good at a bluffy game like Poker or TruffleSnuffle. Then he said, "You and your crew took out a gang of vampires and a Coalition squad in a mark nine?"

Deezy nodded. "Yep."

"All at the same time?"

"Yep."


Finally, with all the inexorability of continental drift, the merc's face showed an expression. A little bit of a smile. He wasn't sure if he believed it, but it was a pretty good story regardless. "Hey," he said to the bartender. "Her next one's on me." Then he pushed off the bar and moseyed back on out of there, resuming his patrol.

Deezy looked at the bartender, who shrugged. "More of the same?"

She considered, then asked, "Do you have like, cherry flavor?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
As the group is addressed by the guards Kuikku hesitates to remove his battle armor. In the end he accepts that his cyber armor should be more than enough to protect him if the need arrises. Deciding it may be odd to go without any obvious weapons he keeps his Wilk's 320 and walks into town. Seeing everyone head off in different directions Kuikku tries to find something to do.

Remembering the last time he was here Kuikku thinks there must be a way to help others find some joy, or at least satisfaction, this evening. Taking a bit of time he walks around looking for a food vendor who's cart is still well stocked. Locating one that fits his mental checklist he approaches the proprietor and presents his idea. ”Excuse me, I am interesting is helping those who may be a bit less well off. I believe I have enough funds to purchase the remainder of your goods, with enough left for a reasonable tip. I would like you to follow me to the poorer side of town and serve any who would approach. I will remain with you to protect you and to ensure no one tries to take advantage of the largess.”

At first the cartman looks hesitant but with a little persuasion acquiesces to the suggestion. It is a reasonably short trip to the area Kuikku was thinking of and the last few blocks the two receive a lot of strange looks. Kuikku sudenly misses the speaker system of his armor but starts yelling any how. ”LADIES, GENTELMEN, AND CHILDREN! I HAVE COME HERE TO OFFER YOU SOME OF THIS PERSON'S GOODS. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE TO ANY OF YOU AND WE WILL STAY UNTIL IT IS ALL GONE! PLEASE, COME AND PARTAKE!”

At first there is nothing more than looks, and glares, but no takers. Soon a young girl shyly walks up and asks ”Can I really have something for free?” Kuikku kneels down and says ”The only thing I want from you is a 'thank you'.” He then waves and the cook hands over a taco. The girl looks back and forth between the food and Kuikku finally grabbing the taco and shooting a quick ”Thanks.” as she runs off.

As Kuikku stands back up and purposely turns his back a small smile can be seen on his face. It takes another minute or two before the next patron approaches but soon after there is a flood of people. Soon everyone is standing around eating and talking. One couple brings out instruments and starts playing music. This leads to some singing and dancing turning the entire intersection into an impromptu street party.

The noise brings others, including a couple more food carts. Kuikku does not have enough to pay for all the food on both the new carts but he is able to convince all three owners to split the costs and what funds he does have. Seeing this a few of the population gather some of the limited funds they have and add it to the pot.

For several hours there is singing, dancing, and general merriment. As the party starts winding down Kuikku escorts the vendors back to the main roads. As the sound fades behind him Kuikku muses This is what the Tomorrow Legion is trying to do, for everyone.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 8
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


***

Sierra stretched once she got out of the APV and stared up at the city. She had only passed through quickly on her way to join the SET, so hadn’t actually got a chance to explore or enjoy the city.

"Both you two strike me as individuals that are savvy and well liked. Perhaps you could work together and sell any excess gear. Perhaps even see to it that it is split evenly among the Legion's members.”

Sierra blinked and looked at Jareb and Conrad. “Sure, yeah, whatever,” she told Jareb. “But not until I’ve had a bath and a good night’s sleep in a real bed!” Sierra said.

Sierra didn’t have to worry too much about the rules on armor and weapons. She had a dinky little laser pistol on her hip. But her real power was her mind. As they walked, she asked after the nicest, swankiest hotel in the city and was directed to The Opry, a large hotel in the music district. She stood on the balcony looking out over the city toward the ley line as music from street buskers below wafted up.

Sierra filled the bath with hot water and bubbles and sank in to relax. She smiled and reached for her comm.

“Hey, wanna come up? They have TV here. It’s awesome. And room service.”

***

In the morning, Sierra stirred in the large bed. She sniffed a bit and cursed. She’d scorched the sheets a bit, but luckily hadn’t started a fire. She turned to the figure in the bed beside her as he rolled over.

“Morning,” Davidson said.

“Morning,” Sierra said with a grin.

He came in to kiss her, but Sierra backed away, holding up a hand. “No! I’m too hot right now.”

Davidson gave her a puzzled look.

“Just...order breakfast. Then get out.”

Davidson frowned, watching in confusion as the naked young woman slid from the bed and went to the window.

Sierra sighed as she stood naked out on the balcony and let her wings free. In the passion of last night, she’d forgotten to set an alarm. She could have hurt Davidson, or killed him. Save him from vampires, then burn him to death the next day. What was she thinking? This is why she couldn’t have a normal life.

Sierra heard room service arrive and returned to the room. Davidson was setting the table. He had dressed -- civilian clothes, not his Coalition blacks. Sierra pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top.

“I got coffee. And figured you’d want some tequila,” Davidson said.

Sierra grinned. “You know me so well after so little time.”

He smiled. “Thanks, Mackenzie,” he said. “I guess...I’ll see you around.” He turned toward his gear stashed by the door.

“Wait,” Sierra said. “At least have breakfast. I won’t send you off hungry.”

Davidson glanced back and then nodded, opening the tequila and pouring some into Sierra’s coffee.

Sierra lifted the mug and inhaled, then took a sip. “My hero.”

***

Sierra contacted Conrad, since they needed to sell the gear they had gathered. “Let me ask around and see if we can find someone that will give us a good price,”

Streetwise 5 Success
Streetwise 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Persuasion 16 3 Raises
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace 1d6+10 = 12 (2)
Extra Effort 1d6+12 = 16 (4)


***

Sierra found Tyraxas and Deezy taking a lunch break together. “You too!” she said, pointing at them like a woman on a mission. “Finish lunch.” She stole some fries from Tyraxes. “T-Rex, it’s time to lose that damn poncho. We’re going shopping. Get you some real clothes. Deezy, time to clean up, get you a makeover. You can use my bathroom. We’re going to this cool club across the street from my expensive-ass hotel. Best club in town. But you can’t go looking like that. Clothes, hair, makeup. We’re doing it all. We’re about to head into a goddamn swamp. Who knows when we’ll be in civilization again!”

***

Conditions
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card:


Everything Burns
1d10 = 4 (4)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 11 (6, 5) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in her hotel room.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Last edited by Sierra Mackenzie on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
rolls carried

Jareb wrote:
After talking to the dragon, Jareb finds Sierra and Conrad, " Both you two strike me as idividuals that are savvy and well liked. Perhaps you could work together and sell any excess gear. Perhaps even see to it that it is split evenly among the Legion's members. I hear there is something that passes for a library in this city, and I was going to head there and investigate any leads as to what may be going on in the swap, and the activities of the vampire we faced."


Conrad shrugged, Don't see why not Chummer

"Sierra, we need some parts and some stuff to modify the CS gear so its not so obvious. Hate for Jameson to get shot when she's joined us."

OOC Comments
Streetwise assist for Sierra
1d4 = 2 (2)
1d6 = 5 (5)


Jareb wrote:
Jareb turns to leave and swimgs back, " Conrad, I bought a nice pack for Gift, some kind of hiking pack I beleive. I was wondering if uhh... If you might be able to tinker with it, it would be helpful to be able to sheath my sword inside the pack. If it might have some kind quick draw release mechanism for the sword as well that would be desired." Gift giggles trying to grasp Conrad's tale. " We would be both honored and appriciative if you were able to do this. If credits for materials are needed please take from my share


Conrad's tail toyed with Gift, staying tantalisingly out of reach long enough for her to start to get bored before suddenly being easy to grab to elicit a delighted yell.
Should be doable


OOC Comments
this will cost 20000 credits and take 4d6 = 12 (5, 2, 4, 1) days to do - an edge


Jameson found some clothes to wear instead of her armour and went about scrounging a few items for her new team.


Jameson - scrounger
OOC Comments
Streetwise 1d8 = 7 (7)
1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Kuikku helps serve as pack-mule to find a vendor that is willing to buy a bunch of “extra” CS gear. It does not take long to find someone, now to get a reasonable price.

Persuasion 12
Persuasion = 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild = 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Talking to the vendor Kuikku lists all the gear they have for sale.

list
  • 1 Suit CA-1 Armor
  • 5 C-18 Laser Pistols
  • 1 C-20 Laser Pistol
  • 2 C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifles
  • 2 Silvered Vibro-Swords
  • 3 Silvered Vibro-Knives
Not sure what “book price” would be for the silvered weapons so I cannot give a total book price to work from.

”We also may have a Stinger Hovercycle but our mechanic wants to look over the damage before he decides on keeping it or letting it go. So what can you offer us?”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 307
Information Gathering and Investigation:

Jareb wrote:

Jareb hits the data files hard in the Ye Ol Gazeteer looking for anything of recent interest in the Swamp, or some further insights into what the vampire may have been up too.
Investigation 7
Investigate=7 Original post: 1d8 = 2 (2) wild Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4) benny for EF Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)+2 elan


Norona wrote:

Nodding, Norona takes all four books - the new and the old - and settles down for a read of the local history. While it is unlikely to uncover anything useful to their trip, it never hurts to be knowledgeable about the local area.
Investigation 5
Investigation Invalid dice code!
Wild Invalid dice code!
Ace Invalid dice code!


Between them, Jareb and Norona manage to learn some interesting things from their investigations. First, they learn that vampire sightings in the area have increased dramatically over the last few weeks, though that should likely not be much of a surprise given the nest the party just dealt with. They also learn that unusually high numbers of vampires have been sighted all around the region, including in the swamps.

They also learn some of the geographic and anthropologic histories of the Dinosaur Swamp, which may come in handy.
What You Get
+1 to any non-combat roll for each of Norona and Jareb once you get to the Swamp, usable once.


Selling that SWAG:
Sierra Mackenzie wrote:

Sierra contacted Conrad, since they needed to sell the gear they had gathered. “Let me ask around and see if we can find someone that will give us a good price,”

Streetwise 5 Success
Streetwise Original post: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Persuasion12 2 Raises
Persuasion Original post: 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Wild Original post: 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace Original post: 1d6+10 = 12 (2)





Conrad wrote:

"Sierra, we need some parts and some stuff to modify the CS gear so its not so obvious. Hate for Jameson to get shot when she's joined us."

OOC Comments
Streetwise assist for Sierra
Original post: 1d4 = 2 (2)
Original post: 1d6 = 5 (5)




Jameson found some clothes to wear instead of her armour and went about scrounging a few items for her new team.


Jameson - scrounger
OOC Comments
Streetwise Original post: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Kuikku wrote:
Kuikku helps serve as pack-mule to find a vendor that is willing to buy a bunch of “extra” CS gear. It does not take long to find someone, now to get a reasonable price.

Persuasion 12
Persuasion = Original post: 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild = Original post: 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Talking to the vendor Kuikku lists all the gear they have for sale.

list
  • 1 Suit CA-1 Armor
  • 5 C-18 Laser Pistols
  • 1 C-20 Laser Pistol
  • 2 C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifles
  • 2 Silvered Vibro-Swords
  • 3 Silvered Vibro-Knives
Not sure what “book price” would be for the silvered weapons so I cannot give a total book price to work from.

”We also may have a Stinger Hovercycle but our mechanic wants to look over the damage before he decides on keeping it or letting it go. So what can you offer us?”


Sierra and Conrad locate one of the larger junkyards on the city's periphery to sell the excess Coalition gear the party has acquired. At first glance, it seems a... less-than-reputable place. The proprietor, a burly man with a mechanical left arm, a cybernetic right eye, and an extravagant heavy ion blaster on his hip, comes out to greet you, introducing himself as simply "Jack."

His face lights up when he sees what you are selling, though, and his mannerisms ease as you begin discussing price. He waves for one of his assistants, a psi-operator named Tammy, to bring out some refreshments, and she arrives with a plate of mis-matched, smudged glasses and a bottle of brown liquor. Jack opens the bottle, pours a glass for every member of the party present, and proposes a toast "to business!"

The liquor smells and tastes like paint thinner, and his eyebrow raises when he sees Sierra go for a second glass. Now that's his kind of people!
Drinking
That second glass represents Sierra's extra effort on her persuasion roll.


You haggle on price for a bit, but you can tell he is at ease with you, and he ultimately offers you a great deal on your trade goods.

Total Offer of 361,700, Calculations
Prices
  • 1 Suit CA-1 Armor = 45,000
  • 5 C-18 Laser Pistols = 12,000 x 5 = 60,000
  • 1 C-20 Laser Pistol = 16,000
  • 2 C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifles = 20,000 x 2 = 40,000
  • 2 Silvered Vibro-Swords = 16,000 x 2 = 32,000
  • 3 Silvered Vibro-Knives = 12,000 x 3 = 36,000
  • Stinger Hovercycle = 450,000 for cycle + 180,000 for missile launcher = 618,000 - 12,000 for missing missles - 20% for serious problem (123,6000) = 494,400
  • Total List Price= 723,400
  • Total the Buyer Will Offer= 361,700 (50% of list price)


For Jameson:
Given that you are now all such good friends, he will let Jameson trade goods at list price if she wants to. She can't sell at list (though she could sell her gear for 50% off if she wanted to), but she could trade her CS armor for something similarly priced, for example.

Repairs and Building:

Conrad wrote:

As they returned to Nashville, Conrad spent time checking over their equipment, particularly the new vehicles they had gained. An operator's job was never done.

CS APC Original post: 1d10+2 = 10 (8)
Original post: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Hovercycle Original post: 1d10+2 = 10 (8)
Original post: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Norona's Hovercycle Original post: 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
Original post: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Gonna need some parts he told the others, "some of the damage is quite severe and since people want me to work on other items as well, gonna need to sell a few things and see what we can get."


Deezy Klatta wrote:
The drivetrain on the APC has barely spun down before Deezy has yanked the belly hatch opened and jumped down through it, calling, "Imma check that jury rig real quick! Maybe I can get it fixed up better while we're here! Jameson, glad you're with us! Davidson, be careful out there it's the Federation of Magic and they're not..." her last words are blotted largely out when the hatch closes up over her head.

Clanging noises ensue from under the vehicle.

As the others run their errands, it's pretty common to see Deezy charging into town with a determined look on her face and smudges of grime and grease staining her clothes and skin. That, or charging back out while awkwardly trying to hold an armload of parts together without dropping any. Those venturing back to the parking lot might hear the distinct crackle and flashing blue-white light of a torch glimmering from between the wheel wells.

Once or twice, the sound of the Omniblaster discharging, and Deezy shouting at someone to keep their mitts off of her patient can be heard.

Repair 10 (1/2 usual time for repairs)
Original post: 1d10+6 = 7 (1) or Original post: 1d6+6 = 10 (4)



Cost to Repair the Mark IX: 160,000 credits for the parts (discount of 40% because you're fixing two issues at once; synergy!)

Conrad wrote:

Jareb wrote:
Jareb turns to leave and swimgs back, " Conrad, I bought a nice pack for Gift, some kind of hiking pack I beleive. I was wondering if uhh... If you might be able to tinker with it, it would be helpful to be able to sheath my sword inside the pack. If it might have some kind quick draw release mechanism for the sword as well that would be desired." Gift giggles trying to grasp Conrad's tale. " We would be both honored and appreciative if you were able to do this. If credits for materials are needed please take from my share


Conrad's tail toyed with Gift, staying tantalisingly out of reach long enough for her to start to get bored before suddenly being easy to grab to elicit a delighted yell.
Should be doable


OOC Comments
this will cost 20000 credits and take Original post: 4d6 = 12 (5, 2, 4, 1) days to do - an edge


Discount for Hope's Backpack: 20% (4,000 credit) discount if you buy the materials at the same time you sell the CS swag.

What Next?
The party may stay in town as long as needed to complete the repairs. Once finished, you are to meet up with the Legion's Ley Line Walker in the Opry Compound for a port down to the Dragon Swamp.

If you have any gear to purchase, Jack will give you a 20% discount if you make the purchase with him. He's generally well stocked with the gear listed in the TLPG, and has a techno-wizard and a psi-operator on staff for TW and Tinkerer items. The plan is to move you all forward midweek, so stock up while you can!

If you opt not to sell your second hovercycle, the sum offered by Jack will understandably drop considerably, and your discount on other purchases will be reduced from 20% to 10%.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:58 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Healing sick 4, looking for UV grenades or mystic sunlight stones 7, trying to Make kids laugh 9
Healing the sick and infirm: 1d8 = 2 (2) wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

Looking for folks selling UV grenades or the hidden mystic selling light stones 1d4-1 = 0 (1) wild 1d6-1 = 2 (3)benny for EF with Elan 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Slight of hand to make kinds and folks laugh stealth 1d4 = 3 (3) wild 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 3 (3)



Three kids came running to their ailing parents. The eldest bright eyed and still surprised by wonder cried out, " Ma! An angel like from that book you read to us! He's coming ma! You and pa hang on, he will take care of you." An out stretch hand and carrying words get the people back up.

Later on...
A short little man, maybe a gnome maybe not. His leg was broken, recently... The thugs hammer was nearby tossed and discarded. At the end of ally way the man through his tears sees a gleamimg silvered sword strike down upon the fleeimg would be mugger. A bright light and a baby come crawling to the gnomish man swiftly followed by an angel. Both angel and baby press on the man's wound setting it.

Even more later...
Kids without a home, the destitute, poor and wretched. Magic, really magic not that divinine sky in the pie supernatural kind. The kind that was old, took more skill than faith and leaved people wondering if they could beielve their eyes. All were welcome to the footsteps of the library to see and be amazed. An angel could bring a breif respite to those that needed it most. A simple deck and an assistant is all he needed... He looks out at the huddled masses, his wings bright and airy. They were waiting for his next feat. He looks down at his ever constant companion. No she would never make it... Not for the next trick I have in mind. One ally was always near the books. The angel calls to his new comrade, " Norona, a moment if you will this next feat of magic takes two. Would you do me, nay all of us here gathered the honor of assisting me with the most dangerous of all magic feats I know. The last to perform it was laid to rest not a stone's throw from here...The Devils Eye!" The angel grins at his elvish friend.

Much later on...
The streets were mostly empty, an angel walked them holding his child near on his back. Shadow after shadow he passed peering gently into each but not finding any thing in value. Word was this angel was concerned with vampires and was looking to get a few surprises for them.
From behind the angel, a man... No, something more machine than man called in a low rumble of a voice, " Jareb, I hear you are marked for death... I also hear you did good out in this city. I even hear you are looking to put the hurt on vamps."
Mech man pic
Attachment:
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG [ 125.57 KiB | Viewed 2077 times ]

From beneath his coat he pulls out a case and shows whats in it to the angel. The mechanical man continues, " UV grenades, better than plasma against vamps but twice as expensive. Normally 1800 creds but since you brought so many people smiles 1700 a peice. I'll even throw in a Mr. Muggles for the kid." Jareb holds up his hand five fingers stretched outward, he closes it and makes a fist then extends them once more.
The mechanical man takes out a second case and the afore mentioned Mr. Muggles. The baby is all smiles hanging on to her new toy. Jareb hands over a cred chip.
The metal man accepts and whispers in his synthized voice, " Thanks friend, you shoukd know Zorg the Terrible has his ensuite here. He heard about a healing, card tricking angel... Most folks are in his pocket, but most folks like a hero friend."
Jareb leans in grabbing the two cases he whispers, " The name is Jareb, you tell Zorn if he wants trouble the fateful 8 will give him more than he has ever seen."

Left by deft hands in the pocket or claw of each member of the 32nd is a UV grenade with a small note, use against vampires. Kuikku gets a cred stick along with the grenade and note that has 3,000 credits left and an itemized expense report(The legions emergeny funds). Gift likes her Mr. Muggles...

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:02 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 134
Jareb wrote:
" Norona, a moment if you will this next feat of magic takes two. Would you do me, nay all of us here gathered the honor of assisting me with the most dangerous of all magic feats I know. The last to perform it was laid to rest not a stone's throw from here...The Devils Eye!" The angel grins at his elvish friend.


Seeing Jareb's attempt to win the population favour Norona nods his ascent. The legion often fought to win "hearts and minds" as much as battles and this seemed as good an opportunity as any. Assuming he will be the butt of some parlour trick, the elf readies himself, "At am at your service Jareb. But be warned, I have seen magic in the halls of learning of Lazlo and under the three moons of Shaintair. Your magical feats will need to be extraordinary to impress me," Norona makes a bit of a flourish of his own experiences to help build up the trick.

Persuasion 11
1d4 = 4 (4)
Ace 1d4 = 2 (2)
1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)
Charisma offsets -2 unskilled penalty

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Notice 2
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


***

Sierra slammed the glass back down and gasped. “Damn, that’s some good moonshine, Jack!” she said. “Think I can get a jug?” She dug into a pocket. “Trade you for some of this?” She held out a small bag of her weed.

Sierra glanced over at Conrad. “That’s more credits than I’ve ever heard of in my life,” she said. “I’m not sure I really need anything, though. That whole pesky catching on fire thing. Other than maybe another pack of clothes,” she mused. “But if you think I need something…” She shrugged. “Oh, and Jameson, you’re invited to the shopping, makeover, and clubbing we’re doing tonight.”

***

When Jareb gave Sierra the UV grenade, she eyed it. “Well, okay, if you think we’ll run into more vampires. Not sure where I’ll keep it. But I’ll put it in my pack if someone needs it.”

***

Conditions
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.


Everything Burns
1d10 = 2 (2)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 5 (3, 2) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in her hotel room.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
With the Legion pay in his pocket Kuikku takes some time to walk around town looking for something he may want. In the end he settles on picking up some dried fruit.

As he goes back to his room a brief rain falls and he remembers that Deezy was supposed to be adding something to his armor. He works his way back to the parking area and, as expected, sees her feet sticking out from under the Mark IX. Lightly tapping one foot he starts talking before getting a response. “Hey there. Do you remember that water repelling thing you were going to do to my armor? I have the funds to pay for parts now if you are still willing.”

Watershed
Watershed Trapping: A success on a beneficial power (like armor) results in water not counting as difficult terrain as it is literally parted aside. Note: This only counts vs difficult terrain, it does not let the user swim for free and walk on water.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1370

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 62
Tyraxas puts the rest of his lunch down. "What do you speak of? Have you not already clad me in real clothes?" He looks down at the poncho. "It seems this poncho has some measure of weather repellent quality, though perhaps not as much insulation as one would want in a cool club."
He blinks, looks around, and leans in to Sierra. "Why do we need a club made of ice? Would that be dangerous to one of your abilities?"

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"Ah!" There was a clang from under the APC when he tapped her foot, and then Deezy rolled herself out, rubbing her forehead. Fortunately it seemed her goggles had absorbed most of the impact.

"Oh, hey Kookoo." She frowned. "Water repelling...armor?" Then immediately she brightened and sat up.

"Hey, YEAH! That WAS going to be a thing! Yeah, we can buy all the parts I'll need here and everything! Come on!"

Deezy was up on her feet in a flash, then grabbed Kuikku's hand and hauled him bodily back into Nashville. There he got to stand bemusedly by as she talked to the merchant there, making lists of parts and only token attempts to haggle before finally giving in to the exact same price he'd originally quoted. She just didn't have the patience for bargaining, it seemed. Money was cheap, TIME was valuable.

Just when the cyber-samurai was starting to think he could sneak out, Deezy grabbed his hand again...a bag full of jingly-jangly gizmos and components in her other hand...and dragged him back to the Mark IX. Lesser minds might have inquired why he'd had to go with her to the merchant in the first place, but Deezy was having none of that.

After a few minutes of her emptying the sack out and going over the purchases, with Kuikku's credits it must be said, he thought to ask, "Will this take long?"

"Oh yeah," was her reply. "Hours."

"Do I have to BE here for it?"

Deezy looked up, her eyes wide and earnestly innocent. "What? Of course not! You go do whatever. I'll let you know when it's done."

Wonderful.

Rolls: Build roll 8 (1 benny spent), time taken: 3 hours; costs Kuikku 5 grand
Techno-wizard to apply arcane trapping as a minor mod: 1d10-2 = 3 (5) or 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Benny for extra effort, of course: 1d6 = 3 (3) Also, forgot the +2 from Machine Maestro, so it's actually no net penalty!
Timeframe required for first attempt: 2d6 = 3 (2, 1)


Three Hours Later

Kuikku was out and about, feeling sunlight on his skin for the first time in awhile, when he got a call from Deezy saying, "It's DONE!"

Huh. That hadn't been that long at all.

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
“Dude, no. That isn’t real clothes. That’s a temporary fix for nudity! And everyone’s looking at you, because you’re bare ass naked under there!” Sierra laughed at Tyraxas. “And not cool as in cold. Cool as in awesome! Gnarly! Totally rad! Deezy knows what I’m talking about.”

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:37 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
"Hey, Sierra," Deezy said over the comms abruptly, with all the fatalistic providence of a cliche', "I just finished a project for Kookyku and it gave me an idea for you too! Come over to the APC or I can meet you somewhere and also you'll need some money. Like, a lot of money. But it'll be really COOL!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Sierra picked up her radio when Deezy called. “Like, how much money?” she asked. “I’m kinda living on credit here hoping Conrad divies up what we got from all that junk. Otherwise we might need to high tail it out of town when my hotel bill comes through. But I’ll be right there.”

Sierra headed for the edge of town where Deezy was working. “What do you need me for? I mean, I can hold a light or something, but that’s the extent of my repair abilities.”

[OOC=How much cash do we need? How much did we each get from selling all that stuff? Currently I only have the 1400 Cr I started with.[/OOC]

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:56 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 320
As the next few days passed, Conrad set to work on the APC alongside Deezy and Jareb's baby carrier. Just occasionally, he turned to talk to her and almost called her by her mother’s name.

Jameson disappeared for a few hours, just long enough for Conrad to start worrying where she was before she returned with a canister of railgun ammunition; just the type for the Hill Flattener. Conrad gave her the thumbs for the gift.

“The least I could do,” she shrugged.

Whilst Conrad worked, Jameson filled out information to send back to the legion regarding her family.

As Sierra arranges a ladies night, "Go on then" Jameson smiled at Sierra.

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:35 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
Deezy met Sierra there, with a knapsack in hand. She waved.

"It'd be a lot of the same stuff I got for Kook, so...maybe five thousand credits?" the techno-wizard hazarded, then quickly added, "But that's at cost! No profit for me at all! Standard 'you don't let me die' contract bonus, umm..."

She whipped a T-shirt out of the knapsack.

"But what I can do is this!"

Sierra looked at the shirt, then back at Deezy. Her expression said volumes.

Deezy waved it around like she was trying to surrender. "It's for you! To wear! Only, I think I can make it so it doesn't burn up! There's other stuff too, only you might want to pick things out that you like. This is my old stuff in here." She rummages around in the knapsack for a second. "Oh hey, that's where that went."

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.