Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Capt. Murdok

Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok »

The rest of the day goes without issues. Any shopping done is quick, and efficient. Unless otherwise stated, the group meets up just before dawn to get an early start. Two ATV's, a GlitterBoy and a TW Board heads out of Castle Refuge. The vehicles drive thru the medieval portcullis with searchlights lighting the way. The SET team looks at the wall of the castle, they see two Boom Guns and an anti-air missile system on each side of the entrance. As the vehicles drive through the entrance, the reverberance of a shock wave is felt even in the vehicles. The 32nd SET realizes that the Castle weapon systems crew are shooting the boom guns as they leave the safety of the castle. The navigation system in the lead ATV comes to life and a map of the region shows up. You are now on your way towards the Dinosaur Swamp to investigate Cult activities.

What do you do?
Norona

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona »

Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 11

Looking intently at the map in front of them, Norona furrows his brow as he tries to determine if he knows of any important features along their routes (e.g. ley lines, impassable routes, monster or bandit activity, etc.). After surveying their route the scout gives a low whistle. Almost immediately a giant wolf comes bounding from the bush to heel at Norona's side. Putting his hand on the wolf's back, Norona introduces her to the group.

"This is Zoffa, I will instruct her not to harm you. However, I suggest you do not provoke her - she remains a free being."

Motioning to the road ahead Norona suggests moving slowly, "The Mountaineer and Glitterboy can make excellent progress but moving too fast may put us into unwanted situations. Perhaps Kesslan, Zoffa, and I could get a few hours head start on foot to scout the path ahead. That way we can remain slightly ahead of the mechanized vehicle and spot any trouble and radio it back before driving headlong into danger. Having Kesslan in the lead group will allow him to make a leadership decision with his own eyes and nose and not have to rely on second hand information."

OOC:
Common Knowledge for examining route: Smarts [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]

Survival to examine route [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
Total=7+2=9

Notice for Zoffa: [dice]1[/dice]
Rabbit Foot

Post by Rabbit Foot »

Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WC: [dice]1[/dice]

"Sounds reasonable, no need to announce ourselves before we get the lay of the land." Rabbit admits the elf's plan has merit. Pointy Ears knows a thing or two about a thing or two. Just as well to keep myself out of the bugs a bit longer.
Norona

Post by Norona »

((rolls held))

The half-elf bows slightly at Rabbit Foot's comments, respect for ones elders is an important part of his culture. While she may not look her age, Norona recognizes experience when he sees it. His own kind also advance slowly in years.

"Thank you Rabbit Foot. You and the dark man riding in the ATV will add significant teeth to our operation." Turning to the rest of the group he solicits more opinions, "Are there any other thoughts? You are all experienced in your craft and your voices demand to be heard."
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Walking towards the 32nd SET members the ashen looking cowboy juggles a pack, several bottles of whiskey, a rifle and a handful of candy bars. Like a swarm of insects, a half dozen of the local youth dance around the ‘dark man’ grabbing the candy as he tosses it out to them. Jesse weaves closer to the group of Legionnaires like the Pied Piper, tossing the candies out to the swarm of chocolate loving kids. As the last greedy hand grabs the final candy the man known as Dead Jesse calls out, “That’s all I got! I spent all my extra plastic card money on the meal and candy. When I return I’ll try to buy you all another meal.”

A disturbing voice in his mind echoes: You disgust me killer. Kill the whelps!

Waving as the kids run off, JD’s smile fades and he grunts. Stoically he pushes down his armored western Stetson and turns to face the rest of the Posse. Nodding politely at the members of the Posse he stops abruptly and his red rimmed blue eyes look down at the pet wolf.

Actively taking a deep breath the gunslinger smiles at the wolf and says, “Nice pup.”

Nervously he pulls his attention away from the wolf and sets his pack down. Rearranging his bottles into the pack he slings his rifle across his back and picks up his pack. Now he looks ready to go.

“G'morning. Can’t ever seem to hold onto any dinero ‘round these parts. Did ya’ know there are literally hundreds of kids ‘round here who lost their parents in yur big war with the Cee Ess. From my lit’l time ‘round here them Dawg Boys and their mad Cee Ess emperor remind me of one Mad Scientist, Industrialist, Doctor Darius Hellstrommme. Evil bastard who like this Karl Prozac of the Cee Ess, needs to be stopped.”

Jesse looks at the ATV with the top mounted Rail Gun, “You mind if I ride Shotgunner and sit up there with that Gatling Gun? I am not much for driv’n and I really do find your guns to be quite fascinating. I have some experience as Shotgunner on stagecoaches twixt Denver and the Great Maze and I've spent some time using a Gat in the Civil War.”
Last edited by Jesse on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beretta Le Rouge

Post by Beretta Le Rouge »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Total: 8

Waltzing, ten feet high, through the gates of castle refuge feels refreshing - a few too many days loitering about the comforts of a fortress just felt a tad off to the lass.

Good to be back at it again: can't help but wonder what's been festering back home. . .

When the resounding brisance of a boom gun reverberates throughout the hills, Beretta let's out a big whoop through Cid's mechanical chatterbox. "Damn, nothing like a little a little glitter force to start the day of right!"

As the group halts before the gate, she takes a lay of the land, just out of habit (and boredom). Catching sight of the elf's wolf friend warrants a double-take.

Damn, even up here that pooch looks pretty mean. . . what is it about pointy ears and exotic pets?
Norona wrote:"Thank you Rabbit Foot. You and the dark man riding in the ATV will add significant teeth to our operation." Turning to the rest of the group he solicits more opinions, "Are there any other thoughts? You are all experienced in your craft and your voices demand to be heard."
Beretta doesn't take too long to retort, "Sounds reasonable to me - subtlety isn't really my forte. When it's time to hunker down, or engage some bogies, I might be a more precedent opinion." Offering a verbal 'wink' to the Doggo Captian (Kesslan), "I'm only top dog when people are bold enough to stare down Cid's business end. . . that's when the real humping starts."

Beretta will actually motion a pelvic thrust, to emphasize the pure humpage that will happen in such an eventuality.

"In the meanwhile, I think I'll pay a quick visit to some old friends while you survey the scenery - might be able to call in a favor before we leave." Heading off towards a small, refugee camp (just the outskirts of Castle Refuge), she makes a radio check. "Checking in, y'all read loud and clear? Good - I'll be back soon."

Streetwise [dice]2[/dice] (For the purpose of the Scrounger Edge; Extra E-Clips)
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 3
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

Conrad sniffed the air before they left; it was slightly damp for there had been a drizzle the night before. He had been checking over both the ATVs and Beretta’s Glitter Boy suit the night before to ensure that they were running optimally and supervising the loading of the supplies.

He had hoped to be able to take advantage of the library one last time. There were a few new additions looking at Xicitix migration patterns and attempts to understand the dynamics between the hives and likely expansion points which he wanted to read. Considering what he had learned about them, they would be a problem in the near future.

Grabbing a last bite to eat from the canteen, he headed back to his ATV to join up with the others to head out. He’d spent time eating MREs before and while they did their job, it was not much better than eating the tin itself in terms of taste. Popping open the driver’s side hatch and climbing inside, he reached behind the driver’s seat and opened up the storage box there, placing the items he had bought from the Northern Gun rep, except for the pistol that now hung in one of his shoulder holsters. It was his special box in case of certain emergencies and he liked to keep it stock. Considering where they were going, hopefully they would not need it, but it was better safe than sorry.

There was space for a few people to sleep in the back of his ATV, but it did have a workshop onboard, so he figured they were better off in the other ATV. Donning his huntsman armour in case of trouble, which was more comfortable than his Triax mechanic’s armour, he drove his ATV around to rendezvous with the others in order to depart, his tail tapping the dashboard to the sound of Queen’s Bicycle. Somebody had paid for his operator services in trade about a year before the war between Tolkeen and CS had broken out properly and it had included a batch of 20th century music.

Dead Jesse wrote: Jesse looks at the ATV with the top mounted Rail Gun, “You mind if I ride Shotgunner and sit up there with that Gatling Gun? I am not much for driv’n and I really do find your guns to be quite fascinating. I have some experience as Shotgunner on stagecoaches twixt Denver and the Great Maze and I've spent some time using a Gat in the Civil War.”
“Pop onboard chummer,” he called to Jessie, motioning for him to come aboard. This guy had been a bit of an arse in the briefing, but maybe that had just been a bad start. He took off his silver cross and placed it in the palm of his hand. This had become a habit since that night; in his head, he knew that the Legion checked recruits over, but he liked to do his own check. He offered Jessie his hand as he got onboard.

As they were heading out of Castle Refuge, Conrad halted his ATV, which the others couldn’t fail to notice had crosses painted on it at various strategic locations. Jessie was riding shotgun, ready to get up on the turret with the rail gun if they were attacked.

“Well, it does restrict us to walking speed for travel times. It will take us a lot longer to get to our destination. Maybe you should take either Rabbit Foot or I with you so you have a vehicle and we can make better time. Considering we are in Legion territory, we probably have less need for stealth at the moment.”

Ooc
Conrad has a quirk where he is obsessed with vampires, which does inform some of his actions.
Last edited by Conrad on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Nodding his thanks to the big fellow the gunslinger looks up at the big ATV and mounted gun.

"Thanks. Looking forward to getting out into the world and seeing how things are now-a-days."

Stepping past the others he heads towards the gunner's position in the ATV ignoring the demonic manitou in his mind.
Last edited by Jesse on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad banged on the roof of the ATV to get Jessie’s attention.

“So where did you come from then? You mentioned a few names and places I didn’t recognise."
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

The newly formed SET team is driving outside of the safety of the Castle Refuge.

Looking at the map, Norona knows that 50 miles radius around Castle Refuge is well patrolled and major roadways are cleared of debris. Afterwards travel will be considerably slower. Restricting travel speeds to walking speeds will be not only problematic but unnecessarily long. With a distance 223 Miles to the Mississippi river, it will take 3 days to walk there..

Norna, Zoffa, and Kesslan take point in the electric ATV. Conrad and Jesse are following in Conrad's ATV, getting familiar with each other, possibly gaging each other to ensure they are safe for everyone else to be around. Beretta follows up behind them.

The travel for the first 50 miles is smooth and uneventful. The morning sun slowly rises from the east. The early light shining into the windshield of the vehicles, The pilots adjust visors, the Glitter boy polarizes her visor. The sun is rising above the trees with the leading edges of the clouds with a pink heu.

Radio chatter between the vehicles is normal chatter with the exception of Beretta. She is particularly quiet since she returned from the refugee camps.(OOC: You were not able to acquire a spare clip) For the first 50 miles, the group is able to travel at 60 MPH, the Glitter boy running at full speed in travel mode. Once the 50 mile mark is reached, there is a stark difference in travel conditions. The roads are congested with broken down cars littering the highway. This is slowing down the Glitterboy even more, so the team now has to travel at 30 MPH. Norona is able to gage that the trip to the city will be about 8 hours. Kesslan sits in the ATV with the window open and his head outside enjoying the air, per his orders of course.

Half way into the day, the team breaks for lunch, While the team is getting for lunch, 4 ATV's with Legion marking roll up as well. Both Kesslan and Zoffa take quick notice and their ears perk up. The lead vehicle stops and out comes a dwarf with very nice clothing on. "Oi, you must be the new SET team. It's good to meet you my friends. Ahh, where are my manners. I'm Thradrouc Marblebrewer. Diplomat of Team 3 for Castle Refuge. I am returning from Lazlo. Do you mind if we break for lunch together?"

You are about half way to the city of Wiycliffe traveling at 30 MPH, you have a diplomatic corp team having lunch with you. What are your intention?
Norona

Post by Norona »

Wild: [dice]1[/dice]

Travelling in the lead ATV, Norona smiles at Kesslan and Zoffa as each sticks their head out of opposite windows. For this part the scout keeps an eye open, but is fairly relaxed while they are in Legion territory. Having travelled extensively throughout the Domain of Man he asks the others where they have been, to see if there is any overlap in their histories.

"Has anyone been to the swamps before, or know anything we might see on our way there?"
Capt. Murdok wrote:Half way into the day, the team breaks for lunch, While the team is getting for lunch, 4 ATV's with Legion marking roll up as well. Both Kesslan and Zoffa take quick notice and their ears perk up. The lead vehicle stops and out comes a dwarf with very nice clothing on. "Oi, you must be the new SET team. It's good to meet you my friends. Ahh, where are my manners. I'm Thradrouc Marblebrewer. Diplomat of Team 3 for Castle Refuge. I am returning from Lazlo. Do you mind if we break for lunch together?"
Seeing the dwarf makes Norona smile slightly, on other worlds there might be animosity between his ancestors and dwarves but on this world where everyone is a stranger racial hostilities seem to loose some of their lustre. Nodding to Kesslan to make sure he is not over stepping his bounds Norona gives friendly wave back from the lead ATV. "Sharing a meal is a wise idea. Perhaps while we eat you can let us know what you've seen of the road ahead."

Opening the door to the ATV, Norona lets Zoffa out to stretch her legs and forage for her own food.

As the groups settle for lunch Norona listens to any news that might be useful but also inquires about Lazlo, "How are things in Lazlo these days? I spent some time there when I first arrived on this world learning the mystic arts and researching a way back to my homeland. I have many friends there." He doesn't add that he knows some very important people in the city.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Notice[dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

Conrad's ATV was second in the convoy and he pitied Rabbit Foot would have dog butts on either side.
ooc presuming Norona is also asking over the radio

"I'm from Tolkeen, so this is probably the furthest east I've ever been. I've never even made to Lazlo, though I always meant to go. Wanted to meet Erin Tarn to learn from her. Of course, I've been reading up on the history of the area with what little information there is."

knowledge history [dice]2[/dice]
wild dice[dice]3[/dice]

When they meet with Diplomacy team 3, Conrad took the opportunity to check over the vehicles to make sure their journey had no effects on them. The journey ahead would be harder on the vehicles.
Norona

Post by Norona »

(rolls held))
Conrad wrote:"I'm from Tolkeen, so this is probably the furthest east I've ever been. I've never even made to Lazlo, though I always meant to go. Wanted to meet Erin Tarn to learn from her. Of course, I've been reading up on the history of the area with what little information there is."
Norona chukles at the thought of meeting Erin Tarn, from what little the half-elf knows of her she is rarely in Lazlo these days anyway. Although, given her involvement, seeing her at Castle Refuge is a possibility. Norona considers a gesture of good will toward his new team mate, I will have to inquire with my contacts to see if we can arrange a short meeting with Erin Tarn the next time we are at Castle Refuge. Keeping his thoughts to himself, so as not to create a false hope, Norona looks to learn more about this fantastic world, "Well it seems we can trade some information then. I have never been as far west as Tolkeen. We have much to learn from each other."
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad (rolls held)
Norona wrote:(rolls held))

Norona chukles at the thought of meeting Erin Tarn, from what little the half-elf knows of her she is rarely in Lazlo these days anyway. Although, given her involvement, seeing her at Castle Refuge is a possibility. Norona considers a gesture of good will toward his new team mate, I will have to inquire with my contacts to see if we can arrange a short meeting with Erin Tarn the next time we are at Castle Refuge. Keeping his thoughts to himself, so as not to create a false hope, Norona looks to learn more about this fantastic world, "Well it seems we can trade some information then. I have never been as far west as Tolkeen. We have much to learn from each other."
Conrad coughed, thinking back to what he had seen from a distance of Tolkeen after they had emerged from the rift that had swept them away from the fighting.

"Sadly, what I can tell you of Tolkeen is all in the past now after the CS has gotten through with the place. Lost a fair few friends there and I don't know about others." his normal tone was upbeat and friendly, but this was somewhat morose.
Rabbit Foot

Post by Rabbit Foot »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
WC [dice]1[/dice]

Rabbit exhales an enormous plume of smoke as the gurgling of her largest bong dies down. "Lalzo, eh? I was there once... as far as this rock goes, not a bad shantytown. Tolkeen... fought there.. a lot of bad juju. Hmm, I think it's only the delights of the Dino swamps left and then I'll have the place well-toured. I'm a completest me."
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad looked up from underneath the electric ATV at Rabbit Foot.

"You realise that you've seen a small part of the planet and not even seen everything in this area. Though I'd recommend avoiding the Calgary rift and Chi-Town."
Rabbit Foot

Post by Rabbit Foot »

"Sonny, I'm 75 years-old. How would you know what I have and haven't seen? Chi-town? Been to the 'burbs. Calgary Rift? Saw that too. Do I need to list every place I been before you stop acting like a goddamn know-it-all? You just said you ain't been further East than this spot here." Rabbit takes a step to the East, "I have."
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Beretta tends to herself for most of the journey, not that she was terribly despondent, but she was more accustomed to traveling solo. . . for the most part. There was something a bit peaceful about not having to look over your shoulder every half second for airborne fascists & hellspawn.

Midst soaking in the mostly unspoiled wilderness, the small-talk chirping over the comms wrests her attentions.
Norona wrote:"Has anyone been to the swamps before, or know anything we might see on our way there?"
Peeling her her eyes away from the horizon, Beretta manages a wry smile within the comforts of her armored suit. "Home sweet home, buck-o. Spanish moss and salamanders large enough to eat a rex - natives aren't the most friendly, though. . ."

Beretta, once again, keeps to herself when Erin Tarn is mentioned. Not that she hates the duchess, but she gave off a bit too much pomp and circumstance for her liking. Maybe it was just a natural aversion to hoity-toities, but growing up in the sticks of a bayou had a way of keeping you cautious. . .

As everyone settles in for lunch Beretta hops out of her suit, parking Cid near Conrad's ATV just in case shit hits the fan - can't be too careful out in the wilds.

Hopping up on ye olde hood of said ATV, Beretta starts chowing down on some proper rations. "Nutrient paste isn't nearly as scrumptious as it is convenient." Letting a leg dangle off to the side of the ATV, Beretta chortles quietly to herself as Conrad and Rabbit exchange words.

Sniffing the air, Beretta fans her hand a bit smiling coyly. "Jeeze, ain't wacky tobacky suppose to make you friendly? If it's any consolation, you've both probably been much further than I ever have. Then again, maybe I should start a souvenir collection. Always wanted a pet like pointy ears over there."

Beretta makes sure to keep her Wilk's holstered comfortably to her thigh, just-in-case, as lunch plays out.
Beretta Le Rouge
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Conrad wrote:Conrad banged on the roof of the ATV to get Jessie’s attention.

“So where did you come from then? You mentioned a few names and places I didn’t recognise."
• Calling down to the big D-Bee driving the ATV the Stetson wearing Gunslinger says, "I've been told the history of this world. Just like you Conrad I am not from here. This world is a bizarre future like world similar to my world but... there's no way this is the same planet. For one, the Reckoners seem to have no place in your history here. I suppose you could say I fell through the Hunting Grounds, or Rifts as ya'll say. From a parallel Earths past. It was all very confusing to me at first then I just decided to hell with figuring it out. Life has been pretty simple since I got here. The Coalition is bad for us, Castle Refuge good. I've absolutely no idea how to go home so...Until I am able I'm here to help ya'll."

Jesse does his best to ignore the damned voice in his mind: You're here mortal because I tricked you! You'll never get home maggot!

• After the Posse stops to conference with the other Castle Refuge patrol, and to eat, Jesse stays quiet and watches the others. Jesse does not partake in eating and nods to the other patrol members and keeps his eyes open for any possible enemies in the area. Walking, on patrol, the dark man keeps his hands low to each of his sides, always ready to draw one of his pistols. Occasionally the slinger takes a swig from the Whiskey bottle tied to his hip. Dressed in dark armor under his armored hat and the black and red poncho he walks on until the others finish lunch.

Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

I am clawing my way back up your soul deader, you will be mine again!

Not for the first time the Gunslinger wishes alcohol would work on him. The taste was still there, but the dulled senses were a thing of the past.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

"Born and bred on this planet Chummer. Only one I know. How does this one compare? Wierder?"

Conrad hurumphed and smiled at Rabbit Foot, not taking offense and retaining his good spirits.
"well, that's me well and truly told. Got to say, you look good for 75. You ever been over the ocean? I have some kit from there."

As Beretta parked up next to his ATV, Conrad waved.
"Do you want me to give Cid the once over?"
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Norona wrote:"This is Zoffa, I will instruct her not to harm you. However, I suggest you do not provoke her - she remains a free being."
Zoffa gets more attention from the dogboy than anything else thus far as he huffs then warily sniffs at the big wolf. There may even wind up being a bit of wrestling happening, purely playful or otherwise. It's here where Kesslan's canine side really comes to the fore. If it weren't for the fact he can walk on two legs and talk, one might think he was just a wild dog too. Eventually though things settle down when either Kesslan gets bored, or someone manages to actually get him to pay attention again.
Beretta Le Rouge wrote:Offering a verbal 'wink' to the Doggo Captian (Kesslan), "I'm only top dog when people are bold enough to stare down Cid's business end. . . that's when the real humping starts."

Beretta will actually motion a pelvic thrust, to emphasize the pure humpage that will happen in such an eventuality
This action earns Beretta a confused look from the dogboy. "You have sex while wearing your glitterboy? Sounds awkward."

As to the Journey itself, Norona likely finds it best if Kesslan drives. Not because the dogboy was particularly good at it, but more because his idea of following a map turns out to be 'go in what ever direction the line on the picture shows', and he doesn't apparently know which way is 'up' on a map either. It likely doesn't take the elf long to conclude that Kesslan is hopelessly illiterate. Fortunately it's also very easy to persuade him to go in the direction that he's directed in. He does however have a bad habit of trying to drive with his head out the window, which really means Norona may well wind up deciding that both driving, and navigating were a job he should do just so they didn't get hopelessly lost and crash.
Capt. Murdok wrote: "Oi, you must be the new SET team. It's good to meet you my friends. Ahh, where are my manners. I'm Thradrouc Marblebrewer. Diplomat of Team 3 for Castle Refuge. I am returning from Lazlo. Do you mind if we break for lunch together?"
Kesslan will carefully sniff at the man before simply replying "Ok!", his tag wagging away. Yayyyy new friends! He seems about to say more, but perhaps for the best he winds up being distracted by a squirrel he promptly chases up a tree, before spending some time chasing his own tail.....
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Beretta Le Rouge

((Rolls held))
Conrad wrote:"Do you want me to give Cid the once over?"
Beretta finishes a bite of food before responding to Conrad below. "Well butter my biscuit - that would be mighty fine of ya, partner. Thanks a bunch!" An accompanying "thumbs up" makes its way down with Beretta's thanks.

Giving Jesse a more intense once over has Beretta mulling over her layman medical knowledge. . .

Pallid, no appetite, alcoholism. . . if it ain't cancer, I don't know what is. Wonder if he's got something to prove? Being torn through a rift can't be healthy, but carcinogenic?

Beretta feels compelled to toss Jesse some seeds/fruit or miscellaneous foodstuffs in a misguided attempt to get some calories in the cowboy (misinformed she might be) "Hey, an apple-a-day! Must be weird with all this high-tech stuff around. People don't change much though, I reckon."

Calling out towards Thradrouc, Beretta tries to make small talk and sift through anything that might be interesting on the way. "A Diplomat, eh? So, any towns or hovels we might be able to pull off in for the night? Maybe resupply? Can't be too cautious outside Legion territory. Oh, any rumors on the road? News changes by the minute out here!"

Persuasion [dice]0[/dice] (Trying to wrest really juicy details, or maybe inspire the dwarf to recall at least more minor facets)
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Total = 11 (1 raise)
Beretta Le Rouge
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Beretta Le Rouge wrote: Beretta feels compelled to toss Jesse some seeds/fruit or miscellaneous foodstuffs in a misguided attempt to get some calories in the cowboy (misinformed she might be) "Hey, an apple-a-day! Must be weird with all this high-tech stuff around. People don't change much though, I reckon."
Catching the food tossed at him the gunslinger bows slightly at the waist and tips his hat at Beretta.

"Why thank you kindly, that is plumb generous of you to share with this dusty fellow. I actually find all these new-fangled devices to be quite interesting. In fact I think your shinny armor is quite fancy."

Heading further out and around the parked vehicles and Legionnaires, Jesse makes his way back around to where Conrad parked the ATV. Glancing around JD makes sure no one is watching as he tosses the food into the woods.

Was kind of her I reckon but fruit isn't going to do my any good.

Because only raw meat will do, now that you belong to the darkness.

Shut up you moronic Manitou, your stupid desire to hurt me got both of us trapped in this world. Suck it demon. I'll make due here, helping these Legionnaires. You on the other hand are cut off from your damned masters.

*Chuckling* Not forever, the Four have been here, they will return.

Ignoring the infernal damned thing Jesse lifted his old Peacemaker out of the drop holster with lightning reflexes and spun the .45 colt in an array of fancy movements - forwards - backwards - side to side - spinning the black metal pistol with its dark wooden grip the gunslinger distracted himself with practice gun play.
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

As you are enjoying your lunch talking with the dwarf, the North Star brightens to be visible and the ley lines flair up. You all feel a sense of warmth, even the dead guy.

(you each get a bennie for christmas)
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Capt. Murdok wrote:As you are enjoying your lunch talking with the dwarf, the North Star brightens to be visible and the ley lines flair up. You all feel a sense of warmth, even the dead guy.

(you each get a bennie for christmas)
A most peculiar feeling indeed, to be sure, warmth and sunshine, Merry Christmas!

Damn your happiness mortals.... ...hush demon its Christmas!
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

With the brief overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility washing over the members of the tomorrow legion, the dwarf has a sense of joviality about him. "Well, that doesn't happen often. I only wish it wasn't so brief. Now, where were we? O yes, you had questions."
"Has anyone been to the swamps before, or know anything we might see on our way there?"
The half elf with a slight grin on his face when he realizes that he is not fighting the dwarf on sight for the slights of their ancestors.
"Sharing a meal is a wise idea. Perhaps while we eat you can let us know what you've seen of the road ahead. How are things in Lazlo these days? I spent some time there when I first arrived on this world learning the mystic arts and researching a way back to my homeland. I have many friends there."

The Dwarf looks at Norona, "The swamps you say? Nay, The only thing I know about the swamps was the great expedition by, by" Thradrouc has a look of confusion on his face. "ah, the name is not important. As far as I know, that expedition is still ongoing. To your more immediate needs, the road up ahead has been clear for us. Lazlo? You will be pleased to hear that they are still around, Rumor has it they are concerned what with the CS and Magic Kindom."

The party interacting with each other amuses the dwarf. Thradrouc has a slight chuckle when Kesslan starts chasing a squirrel. Since Norona appears to be the leader of this group of intrepid adventures, Thradrouc will look get his attention at the end of the lunch, when everyone is cleaning up. "My fair elven friend. I would like to ask you if you have room in your party for one more? In my party is Dezzy Klatta. She is a talented Techno Wizard who is not minded for diplomacy, I believe she will be able to grow with the lot of you." Thradrouc will look back at his team. "Dezzy, Please come here."

When everyone is packed up, the diplomatic team will drive onward to Castle Refuge. The 32nd SET will continue to the town of Wycliffe. When the team arrives, It was a long 8 hours since they set off from Castle Refuge, fortunately, the trip was very uneventful. Wickliffe’s modest docks handle a decent amount of river traffic and trade. But there is a lack of the usual ferry to convey travelers to the east bank. In fact, the docks look nearly abandoned, and no one on that side of the river is paying attention for the usual signal—a lit, oversized lantern—to call for the ferry.

(OOC: due to an oversight on my part, the width of the river is 3,000 feet.)

What are your intentions?
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"Eh?"

From around the other side of the ATV that carried Thadrouc and his men, a poof of red hair popped up over the hood. In lieu of just walking AROUND the ATV then, the owner of the floof elected to jump up ONTO the hood and slide over it to land on the other side. She was skinny and a bit short, her hair...seen closer up...drawn into a pair of mismatched pigtails that stuck out to the sides. Her skin was fair and freckled where it showed, though the sleek lines of a Triax suit of armor covered most of it besides her grease-smudged face. A pair of goggles was dangling in front of her eyes with green lines playing over their lenses as she sauntered over to the assembled 32nd SET. She pushed them back over her forehead then, revealing bright green eyes.

"It's DEEZY," she corrected the dwarf's accent cheerily. "DEE-ZEE. If you get it wrong, people will think my cards are typos!"

She delved into one of the many, MANY leather pouches that were bedecking her armor. Other things were draped over it too, on belts and bandoliers; jars and flasks and metal rods and strange glowing things, gems and crystals and bits of unidentifiable metal. Oh, and guns. Two at least...a pistol at her hip and a more complicated thing about the size and shape of a loaf of French bread, but made of metal and covered in ominous blinking lights and weird little spikes and protrusions. But in her hand appeared a fan of little cardboard squares that she held out. Unsure who to give them to first, she started with Norona since he was the one Thadrouc was talking to.

"Deezy Klatta, KHI," the girl said with a big sunny grin. "I've really been looking forward to meeting up with everyone in your detail. There is a lot of CRAZY in those swamps, and it's high time we prescribed a metaphorical batch of antipsychotic medicine!"

She paused and then added, "...that's us. By the way."

The cards turned out to be business cards that looked hand-made. Each one had the same company logo and words, but each one was also a little different, not printed by machines.

Need ammo? Firepower? Protection? Ordinary solutions won't do?

KLATTATECH HEAVY INDUSTRIES
can help!

Contact us for free consultation services! Weapon upgrades and technomantic conversion!
Prototyping to specification available!

========-----------===========

Deezy's chattering about ATVs and the merits of technomantic augmentation to their engines ceased when Wycliffe came into view, perhaps mercifully. The absence of a ferry raised her eyebrow though, and she checked the chronometer on her armor's wrist display.

"They're expecting us, aren't they?"
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

notice [dice]0[/dice]
ace [dice]2[/dice]
wild dice[dice]1[/dice]
total 8

Conrad was inspecting the Glitter Boy named Cid's support pylons when he overheard the dwarf transfer a new teammate to them. He poked a finger to dislodge a stone wedged in tight, watching it fly into the distance with some satisfaction. I don't suppose this one came with a vehicle either, he mused, she should probably travel with Jessie and I to even up the numbers a bit. Finishing his inspection, he wiped his hands on a cloth and walked round to say hello to their new teammate.

"Oh crud," he swore, "Deezy!" A whole swampful of emotions from the past few months hit him as memories of Tolkeen swept unbidden back into the forefront of his mind. How was she going to react when she saw him? What did he have to tell her to answer all the questions she was going to ask? They'd been his friends, but they were her parents. Best to bite the bullet and get this over with. He chucked the cloth back into his ATV, sighed deeply and joined the main group.

"Hello Deezy,"
he said.
ooc
Deezy and I have been discussing character backgrounds over pm
When everyone is packed up, the diplomatic team will drive onward to Castle Refuge. The 32nd SET will continue to the town of Wycliffe. When the team arrives, It was a long 8 hours since they set off from Castle Refuge, fortunately, the trip was very uneventful. Wickliffe’s modest docks handle a decent amount of river traffic and trade. But there is a lack of the usual ferry to convey travelers to the east bank. In fact, the docks look nearly abandoned, and no one on that side of the river is paying attention for the usual signal—a lit, oversized lantern—to call for the ferry.
Several hours later when they arrived at Wycliffe to no visible signs of life, Conrad's battleborn instincts kicked in and he was instantly all business. He ran a scan of the local radio chatter to see if there was any communication going on. He then grabbed his Plasma Ejector as a precaution and climbed out of the ATV, calling up to Jessie "keep an eye out just in case something comes over the river."

He moved over to the shore, trying to spot any lights or movement.

"A place like this relies on the ferry for trade, even at night. If it is not operational, you'd expect them to be like busy bees trying to fix it. Something is very wrong and I'd recommend we go in quietly. Presuming that Cid won't be able to swim across, I think Deezy and I should be able to rig up a modification for Norona's wingboard for he and I to go over and bring the ferry back across. What do you think boss? At the last comment, he looked at Keslan.
ooc
mcgyver edge for a short term modification
Norona

Post by Norona »

When the dwarf asks his permission for Deezy to join the group Norona casts a sideways glance a Kesslan off chasing squirrels. Grinning he gives agreement, "I believe our leader will be happy to add another to his pack. I also welcome a techno-wizard. Their abilities are fascinating."

Greeting Deezy, the stoic elf is almost taken back but her exuberant energy, "Welcome to our unit."

Suspicious at the lack of a ferry operator Norona takes a moment to try and investigate. Peering across the river, he touches a knotted tattoo on his forehead (OOC: Activating Farsight, -3 PPE) and tries to take in what might be happening on the other side.

At Conrad's suggestion Norona nods. He could easily summon a water spirit to pull the ferry back to them but better to conserve his abilities in case further danger awaits.

"A good idea, I must admit boating is not a speciality of mine. Hopefully we can navigate it back safely."
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad smiled a toothy grin and lifted up his hat slightly.

"Not exactly an expert, but I can get them moving well enough."
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy brightens at the suggestion and darts to Norona and Conrad's side to ogle the wingboard. Conrad was bothering her a little...he seemed really familiar for some reason, now that she had time to think about it. She'd have to ask him about that.

"Aww, I've been wanting one of those for AGES! We can totally modify it to carry two people, no PROBLEM! The only thing we'll need is a ley line. I don't SEE a ley line right here, but I'm sure we can find one that crosses the river SOMEwhere! Then THREE of us could get across instead of just me!"

"If we don't want to go ley line hunting, I could rig up another set of these bad boys though..."

She indicates the boots of her armored suit, which have been extensively modified with little tubes and seemingly-extraneous wires and faceted faces of gems poking randomly out.

"You'd have to be careful. Staying stable in flight is more of an art than a science."
OOC Comments

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!

Edges
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad had been surprised that Deezy had not recognised him, but then she'd been always a little flighty according to her parents, which had included her decision to walk around the Americas despite being offered a vehicle to do so in.

"The trick isn't to make it carry two people but to be able to operate without a leyline long enough to get over the river Chummer."
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy winces at that.

"We can tryyyyyyyyyy," she admits, "But I dunno if we have everything we need to do that way out here. I mean, a wingboard doesn't have a power source, you know? Not even a little one. That's why it's a wingboard and not an ultralight TK flyer. If I had a full workshop and parts, we could rig up a little engine and wait a second, did you say chummer?"

She squinted up at the d-bee. Cowboy hat, big lizardy mouth, said 'chummer.' Oh hell, he'd even said his name too. But it'd been years, and she was just a kid back then!

"Did you happen to work in Tolkeen back before the siege by any chance?"
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Rolls held

"A power source ain't the problem. We've got parts for the ATV that can hold a charge for long enough."

Conrad sighed 'and now she remembered'

"Yep and before you ask, yes, I was your parent's business partner back in Tolkeen."
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy gleeped and held her hands over her mouth for a second, then couldn't hold back and grabbed Conrad into an awkward, mid-section level hug. Thankfully just as fast she released him and asked, "You got out! You're okay! Did you see what happened to them? Were they with you?!"
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

If Deezy looks towards him, at any point, JD will nod and do his best to put on a smile.

As the others talk about how to get the ferry and converse with each other Jesse takes off his armored hat, hands it to Norona, winks and says, "I'll be right back."

Taking rope and headed towards the shore. Jesse walks into the water, sinking below the water, disappears from sight.

Assuming nothing bad happens he walks along underwater to the ferry. Then ties the rope to it. Drags it back, walking back up onto shore. Handing the rope to Norona he takes his hat back.

"Ready?"

Jesse makes his way back to the gunner seat in the ATV.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Alternate post that might work better:
__________________________________________________________________________________

As the others talk about how to get the ferry and converse with each other Jesse takes off his armored hat, hands it to Norona, winks and says, "I'll be right back. Going to scout out the other shore then come right back."

Jesse walks into the water, sinking below the water, disappears from sight. Makes his way to the other side and scouts around some.

Notice Roll [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die for Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Assuming nothing bad happens he walks along underwater back to the Posse and reports his finding to Norona and takes his hat back.
Last edited by Jesse on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Beretta's eyes widen at the brightening of the North Star as a wave of contentment washes over her - silently marking the cross over her chest, Beretta spends the rest of the brunch in quiet contemplation.

Emmanuel. . .

When DK is introduced she extends a warm smile, "Welcome Aboard, Klatt-Attack!" Giving a two-fingered salute to emphasize her general lack of formality.

Hopping back in her Glitter Boy, Beretta tromps the eight hours relatively silent once again. Not before extending her thanks to Conrad, of course!

Wycliffe certainly reeks of heebie jeebies, but at the moment nothing seemed to be overtly hostile. . . checking over Cid's sensors was a bad habit Beretta had picked up in the Siege. A dogging search keeps Beretta preoccupied whilst the others engage in the more "theoretical" aspects of river navigation.

Not entirely sure Jesse has enough rope to cross the entire waterway, Beretta takes his lead and wades into the river to assist with a more literal, hands on approach if need be.

"No need to reinvent the proverbial water wheel - Ol' Cid has his sea legs, if you remember! We'll be over in no time, just keep your eyes peeled for any spooks. This place is just crawling with bad mojo."
Beretta Le Rouge
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad fought back some tears awkwardly putting his hand on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry Deezy, I don't know what happened to them. When General Holmes hit the Northern perimeter, there wasn't supposed to be an army there. Everything just went crazy and as part of the army, we answered the alarm. Your parents... they went inside to grab some gear for the defense whilst I was trying to simultaneously pick off a SAMAS and coral a load of panicking citizens. Then all of a sudden , the leylines went crazy; the CS must have hit the stations on them. The next thing I knew, there was a massive lightshow and fifty people and I found ourselves two days in the future and on the outskirts of Tolkeen territory with little food or shelter. I wanted to go back in for them, but I had to protect a lot of very scared people. I wish they'd been outside and despite checking the camps and new arrivals, nobody has seen them I'm sorry."

"Berreta, have Cid carry me over. Rather have you protecting us than dragging a boat we can pilot over."

ooc
Leaving the boat alone for a moment for the GM to say whether your plan works. I doubt we have the rope for it.
I'm thinking of it as quite a wide river. If it was a thin river, then a bridge would probably have been built.
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy's face fell, but didn't collapse entirely. What Conrad was telling her was news she'd internalized some time ago. Squaring her jaw a bit, she nodded, then looked over at the river again just in time to see the guy in the funny hat just strolling into the water as nonchalant as you please. Then the glitterboy too?

"Uh, there could be critters in there..." she offered, a bit too late. Hadn't these guys SEEN how big aquatic extradimensional transductees could be??

With a shrug the technowizard went to the river's bank to keep an eye on the proceedings, rocket boots ready in case a discrete intervention was required!
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Beretta Le Rouge

((rolls held))
Conrad wrote:"Berreta, have Cid carry me over. Rather have you protecting us than dragging a boat we can pilot over."
"Alrighty - Just keep your chin up, I'm not entirely sure how deep this goes. . . If you feel like you're about to get swept away, just holler. Oh, and be sure tah button up your armor, it'd be a shame to find-out you have a leak halfway through the river!"

Beretta begins the gradual trek over the river with Conrad in tow, keeping him on top of Cid's shoulders. If there's a significant undertow, Beretta will utilize both arms to secure the operator and draw him closer to Cid's center of mass to reduce drag.
Deezy wrote:"Uh, there could be critters in there..."
"Ehh, don't worry - I've been through bayous far murkier than this. If there's an inter-dimensional crayfish lurking, I'll punch it right in the throat! Nothing worse than uppity Creole. . ."

Cid's never let me down before. . . not sure what the deal is with this pit-stop, but it looks sketchy.

Not entirely certain what to expect, Beretta still keeps her eyes locked on Cid's radar. If there was something hiding its ugly mug, there's not much it could do to conceal itself from radio waves. Unless it was Russian. . .

"Oh, and try to keep the Comm's closed unless it's an emergency - like blow it to smithereens bad. I want to keep an ear out for anything spooky, and Cid has some pretty sensitive receivers."
Beretta Le Rouge
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

rolls held

"Give me a sec," he smiled, before Conrad rushed to his ATV and changed into his repair armour.

"We don't know if there is any damage, so better safe than sorry." With that he climbed on Cid's back.
ooc
Conrad is 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds plus gear. The height might be more of an issue than the weight.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Deezy Klatta wrote:"Uh, there could be critters in there..."
Finaly getting the darn thing turned on, his small radio, Jesse flips it on and says: "Ma'am I just walked the length of the river from here to the ferry, I didn't see any hostile like critters, so hopefully the swim will be safe."

Jesse tips his hat in Deezy's direction.

"The Legion checked you out and didn't see anything dangerous in you either..."

Shut it Manitou, you've been particularly pissy since we started this mission. Chaps your demonic soul that I'm helping them doesn't it. Tough.
Beretta Le Rouge wrote:"Oh, and try to keep the Comm's closed unless it's an emergency - like blow it to smithereens bad. I want to keep an ear out for anything spooky, and Cid has some pretty sensitive receivers."
Jesse quickly makes sure the radio thing isn't broadcasting anymore. Damn mad-science teck'nologies are tricky. The guns are way more interesting than all the tools they've made to make life lazier. Although I love the machine that "dwarf" Humgile Popersum is using to make Whiskey back in Castle Refuge. Speaking of Whiskey...

Jesse watches the others and also keeps an eye out for trouble as he twists open a new bottle of booze to drink.

Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

On the look out for trouble.
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

Standing at the edge of the river the newest member has some concerns.
"They're expecting us, aren't they?"
Conrad, reassuring of her concerns, puts forth his ideas.
"A place like this relies on the ferry for trade, even at night. If it is not operational, you'd expect them to be like busy bees trying to fix it. Something is very wrong and I'd recommend we go in quietly. Presuming that Cid won't be able to swim across, I think Deezy and I should be able to rig up a modification for Norona's wingboard for he and I to go over and bring the ferry back across. What do you think boss?"
Conrad looks to the dog boy for guidance and sees the dog boy on the ground licking himself.

Seeing Kessler performing his normal contemplation method, and thankful there is no squirrel around right now. Norona takes a good look across the river. He sees the ferry docked on the river bank, as well as a few people patrolling the riverside as if they are on guard. Taking his options into account, and hearing Conrads suggestions Norona looks at Conrad.
"A good idea, I must admit boating is not a speciality of mine. Hopefully we can navigate it back safely."
With a smile Conrad will look at the real voice of the team.
The newest member Dizzy perks up.
"Aww, I've been wanting one of those for AGES! We can totally modify it to carry two people, no PROBLEM! The only thing we'll need is a ley line. I don't SEE a ley line right here, but I'm sure we can find one that crosses the river SOMEwhere! Then THREE of us could get across instead of just me!"
Pointing to her boots
"If we don't want to go ley line hunting, I could rig up another set of these bad boys though you'd have to be careful. Staying stable in flight is more of an art than a science."
Conrad looks at the boots.
"The trick isn't to make it carry two people but to be able to operate without a leyline long enough to get over the river Chummer."
With a look of pain
"We can tryyyyyyyyyy, but I dunno if we have everything we need to do that way out here. I mean, a wingboard doesn't have a power source, you know? Not even a little one. That's why it's a wingboard and not an ultralight TK flyer. If I had a full workshop and parts, we could rig up a little engine and wait a second, did you say chummer?"
Dizzy looks at Conrad with a questionable eye.
"Did you happen to work in Tolkeen back before the siege by any chance?"
"A power source ain't the problem. We've got parts for the ATV that can hold a charge for long enough."
Conrad sighs after Dizzy questions about Tolkeen.
"Yep and before you ask, yes, I was your parent's business partner back in Tolkeen."
Deezy gleeped and held her hands over her mouth for a second, then couldn't hold back and grabbed Conrad into an awkward, mid-section level hug. Thankfully just as fast she released him and asked, "You got out! You're okay! Did you see what happened to them? Were they with you?!"

With the discussion of how to get across the river derailed. Jesse takes his hat off his head, hand it to Norona.
"I'll be right back. Going to scout out the other shore then come right back."
With Jesse so close to Norona, Zolla will growl and track the Whisky scented person with his head. Jesse looks at Zolla and continues to walk into the water.

Shortly afterwards, the Glitter boy starts to move towards the river as well.
"No need to reinvent the proverbial water wheel - Ol' Cid has his sea legs, if you remember! We'll be over in no time, just keep your eyes peeled for any spooks. This place is just crawling with bad mojo."
Conrad consols Dezzy,
"I'm sorry Deezy, I don't know what happened to them. When General Holmes hit the Northern perimeter, there wasn't supposed to be an army there. Everything just went crazy and as part of the army, we answered the alarm. Your parents... they went inside to grab some gear for the defense whilst I was trying to simultaneously pick off a SAMAS and coral a load of panicking citizens. Then all of a sudden , the leylines went crazy; the CS must have hit the stations on them. The next thing I knew, there was a massive lightshow and fifty people and I found ourselves two days in the future and on the outskirts of Tolkeen territory with little food or shelter. I wanted to go back in for them, but I had to protect a lot of very scared people. I wish they'd been outside and despite checking the camps and new arrivals, nobody has seen them I'm sorry."
It's easy enough to notice the glitterboy moving. Conrad takes the advantage.
"Berreta, have Cid carry me over. Rather have you protecting us than dragging a boat we can pilot over."
Dizzy accepts the answer to her question and remembers that she is a member of a team on a mission. Dizzy throws herself back into the immediate problem.
"Uh, there could be critters in there..."
She then goes to the shore line just in case any immediate help is needed.

Beretta stops to pickup conrad.
"Alrighty - Just keep your chin up, I'm not entirely sure how deep this goes. . . If you feel like you're about to get swept away, just holler. Oh, and be sure tah button up your armor, it'd be a shame to find-out you have a leak halfway through the river!"
Conrad runs to the ATV to change into his repair armor and hustles back to the GB. While Beretta waits, she'll look at Dezzy
"Ehh, don't worry - I've been through bayous far murkier than this. If there's an inter-dimensional crayfish lurking, I'll punch it right in the throat! Nothing worse than uppity Creole Oh, and try to keep the Comm's closed unless it's an emergency - like blow it to smithereens bad. I want to keep an ear out for anything spooky, and Cid has some pretty sensitive receivers."
Climbing onto the Glitter Boy
"We don't know if there is any damage, so better safe than sorry."
The Glitter boy and Conrad will walk into the river, going down. 50 feet, 100 feet, 150 feet, 200 feet. The glitter boy slows down underwater but keeps a good pace. Shortly after Jesse climbs out of the river, the GlitterBoy walks out as well. Both Conrad and Beretta sees the figure on the docks, clearly someone/something that is not of the living persuasion anymore.

The rest of the team stands on the shore waiting to hear back from their members, the distinctive vibrations of a Glitter Boy coming up from behind them. The newest addition to the scene observes a dog boy in a compromising position, a young woman on the river banks, a wilderness oriented person standing next to a wolf. The descriptions match those provided to him by the tommorrow legion.

Jesse walks up the river banks, and with the sun setting below the horizon, his eyes lock onto the eyes of someone on this side of the river. Jesse has a distinct notion that this person has a lot more in common with him then he would like. "It looks like we're not the only one in this world."

Whycliffe docks

Jesse: 10S
Conrad: KS
Beretta: 2C
Rabbits Foot: 9C
Narona: KD
Johnny: 5H
Kessler: 8C
Dezzy: 7C
Enemy? = 10H
(OOC: I will be posting a map of the dock for reference as soon as possible.)

Last edited by Capt. Murdok on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: clarified coming out of the river, added link for docks
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

At the loud clomping noise coming up towards the river, Deezy looked around. The shine of the oncoming glitterboy was unmistakable. She quickly pushed her goggles out of her eyes, despite wanting to give that cowboy fella a scan. Time for that later! Her suit's armored helmet popped down over her pigtails and the HUD came up confirming what her eyes had already told her.

Glitter Boy incoming. Thermal signatures indicated its weapon was not currently active...and it was moving, so it wasn't prepared to fire.

Even so, she couldn't quite contain a thrill. If it was a friend, that'd be TWO glitterboys in one team! That'd be enough to stagger shots for sustained fire, and do some real artillery barrages! If it was a foe, well, she'd always wanted to try her stuff against one of those monsters. Imagine the bragging rights if she took one down!

Her gauntleted fingers tapped on the wrist controls for her armor's systems and she sent a radio signal on a common hailing channel, repeating on the team communication frequency so they could hear that she was trying to contact the machine's pilot.

"Hey. Is that a boom gun on your shoulder or are you just happy to see us? Heh, kidding...seriously though, should we be worried about you or are you good people?"
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

10 Spades:

Jesse walks up the river bank, as water sloshes off his armor he pulls both pistols out of their holsters and holds the guns down at a low ready. The sun setting below the horizon, the gunslinger locks eyes with someone on this side of the river. Realizing intuitively that he has something in common with the stranger...not a good thing.

Sardonic laughter erupts in the gunslingers soul, "It looks like we're not the only one in this world."

An inner mumbling is tossed absently back at the demon, you are alone Manitou, I have allies.

More mocking laughter, "Yes gunman, half of which are on the far shore. This stranger will tear you all apart! When you are destroyed I will be free to possess another less, pickled, abstinent and ornery host who is more easily controlled!"

Mmmm, eat crow demon I'm busy.

Jesse looks for cover and concealment, this is not a high noon shoot out, looking for a good place to be camouflaged behind and to take cover behind seems prudent since he neglected to wear his Glitter Boy armor this week. As he looks around, out of the corners of his eyes, he keeps his eyes locked on the distant stranger. Is he hostile? Likely, I have to ask myself, Did Jesse shoot first?

Contemplating opening fire, the gunslinger first uses the team radio, "Dead..ly target spotted. Think we have a problem team, reckon we're 'bout to see how well we operate as a team in combat. Look .. alive."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: Once / If we are headed into combat Jesse will use Fast As Death (Greater Speed) Pace tripled and at max speed, Pace becomes 18 and all attacks on him are at -2. Link to Map https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/ca ... 1483428570

To activate the power he rolls a Spirit Roll.
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Success however, immediately following each use of the Fast as Death Edge, the deader must succeed on a Vigor roll (–2) or suffer a level of Fatigue that fades after an hour’s rest.
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

So 4-2=2 Failure, afterwards Jesse would be at a -1 for 1 Fatigue for one hour, HOWEVER, I have 5 Bennies, might as well use one up and re-roll the Vigor check.
Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Well Hot Damn: Wasted Bennie, I guess I'll just take my -1 on rolls (1 Fatigue) for one hour, once Greater Speed wears off.

I should add that if it is apparent we are fighting an undead (the Murder Wraith) Jesse will close the distance - rapidly, inhumanly fast - than open fire with both pistols on the M-Wraith. (I know this gives away our presence but its in character).
Last edited by Jesse on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnny Whateley

Post by Johnny Whateley »

The Glitterboy steps forward and drops to one knee. The sound of its shifting joints breaks the monotony of its power cells' tell-tale hum. At its shortened height, a faded painted guitar with a shooting star across it can be seen across the right-side of the breastplate. The newcomer nods in Kesslan's direction.

"Peace."
The comm filters do nothing to hide what might be a New Orleans (for those that know) accent. "I'm Johnny 'Schoolboy'. Chief Elle assigned me to the 32nd. I wasn't able to make it to the stand-up 'cause of some 'Morrow Legion business elsewhere requiring my special..touch. The Chief told me to report to Kesslan and the rest of the 32nd ASAP."

Schoolboy glances at Klatta's direction. "Yes, this is a boomgun on my shoulder and I am happy to see all of you." One of the armor's lit-white eyes grows dark and then flashes back up.

"And from what it sounds like, I've got here just in time for the fireworks to begin."

OOC:
Schoolboy talks with a N'Awleans accent, but because that can be a pain in the butt to read and write at times, I'm not going to type it up if that's all right.

Please let me know if there's anything I miss or need to adjust to fit better with how everyone is doing things on the setting, OOC formats and whatnot.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."

Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Expected Result: I was paying attention, honest! Or maybe not, depending on the dice rolls.

Kesslan at some point realizes his 'pack' has 'done things that need doing'. This was awesome. He was such a great Alpha that he didn't even need to tell them what to do. They just did it! This is the best pack ever! Because I'm in charge! like many occasions before, the dogboy seems to start wagging his tail for no apparent reason. But then 'something important' comes to his mind. If the new glitterboy guy type person was joining them, and they already had one glitter boy.. girl type person, did that mean they would be twice as deafening? His ears seem to wilt. In a moment of apparent lucidity Kesslan eyes the new pilot "You'd better have brought enough ear plugs for everyone." he asserts. "Because if you make me deaf I'm going to pee all over the inside of your suit."
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Norona

Post by Norona »

Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Seeing the others walk across the bottom of the river Norona toys with protecting himself from water's harm as well, but his thoughts are soon interrupted by the emergence of a glitter boy. At first he thinks Beretta has returned prematurely but quickly surmises this is a new bot. That assumption is quickly verified as the pilot introduces himself.

"Welcome sir. We are waiting for our friends to return with the ferry," Norona says as he gestures to the opposite shore. "It appears they are about to encounter a local patrol. My instincts tell me it will not be a friendly engagement. No doubt we will soon see what has become of the ferryman"

Chuckling at Kesslan's colourful description Norona also wonders about Zoffa's ear drums in the presence of two such loud vehicles. They will have to steer well clear of them if the firing ever starts.

"Do we have another means to cross if we have to move to support them?"
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

[dice]0[/dice] notice
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]
Conrad watched anxiously at the pressure gauges in his environmentally sealed armour, hoping that they were not about to breach underwater. he may be tough, but he couldn't breathe this far down.

As Berreta brought Cider up out of the water, he set himself down on the dock, never more grateful than to be on dry land again and quietly made his way to the ferry, checking it to see if it was damaged or booby-trapped using the magnification suite in his armour taking cover along the way. Just in case, his tail drew his Wilkes pistol.

stealth[dice]2[/dice]
will dice[dice]3[/dice]
repair
wild dice [dice]4[/dice]
Last edited by Conrad on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Whateley

Kesslan wrote:"You'd better have brought enough ear plugs for everyone." he asserts. "Because if you make me deaf I'm going to pee all over the inside of your suit."
Schoolboy shifts attention to where the rest of the 32nd are facing. The glitterboy armor shifts as he braces for boomgun use. "I'll try to keep the noise down, sir," Schoolboy drawls. "But, I think we might be needing me to drop bass soon."
Norona wrote:"Welcome sir. We are waiting for our friends to return with the ferry," Norona says as he gestures to the opposite shore. "It appears they are about to encounter a local patrol. My instincts tell me it will not be a friendly engagement. No doubt we will soon see what has become of the ferryman"
Schoolboy nods slightly to Norona while scanning the swamp before them. "For good or for ill."

OOC:
NOTICE and Glitterboy Sensors: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD DIE and Glitterboy Sensors: [dice]1[/dice]

I'll go with the "7"
OOC:

Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy looked across over the river and squinted. She shaded her visor. Even with magnification, it was pretty hard to see anything that far away.

"Well, I can try to fly over," she muses. "It's a long way though! I'm preeeeetty sure I could make it?"

How hard could it be, really?

She radioed to Jesse, "Where's the hostile?"

(OOC - Hee hee, I need to read up on how to roll here! Do y'all allow external die rollers like Orokos and the like?)
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Deezy Klatta wrote:She radioed to Jesse, "Where's the hostile?"

(OOC - Hee hee, I need to read up on how to roll here! Do y'all allow external die rollers like Orokos and the like?)
Hearing Deezy on the radio Jesse grins and squints his red rimmed blue eyes in concentration as he runs with impossible speed. In a scabrous voice the gunslinger radios back, "Reckon the showdown is 'bout ta happen at the far dock, twixt me and the far dock with the ferry. Hurry up or you'll miss all the fun malady I'm 'bout to clog the air with gun smoke!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dice:

Code: Select all

[dice]1d6[/dice]

With what ever die you are doing.
So my entry includes die rolls:

Code: Select all

Jesse runs, jumps and clicks his heals, frolicking like a pansy.
Roll Acrobatics due this being a darn hard thing for a deader to happily do.
Acrobatics: [dice]1d4[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1d6[/dice]
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Letting Conrad down, Beretta scans the scene for this aforementioned bogey. Going off of Jesse's transmission, it sounded like a kook!

Dead...ly? Please don't tell this this is a shambling voodoo zombie! Those things give me the shivers - ain't natural!

Unsure of what to fully make of this creature, Beretta thinks foremost of covering her allies. If Conrad intended to get the barge running, he needed a bit of cover.

Conrad, keep in my sights. We're not sure what this wacko is doin' here, or if he's got friends. Jesse. . . Whoa, hot out the barrel! Keep ya' head low - I've got you covered. Sorta. . .

Taking a brief moment to confirm the dock lacks the structural substrate to anchor Cid. . .

No boom force. Dock isn't sturdy enough. keeping an eye on the bogey for any sudden movements, Beretta sends a brief audio to the staying party still across the creek. Heyo, if anyone on the flipside reads: Jesse's got the short of it - might get a bit dicey. Not sure how many creeps are hiding around, keep ya' eyes peeled!

Beretta will stand her ground, trying to keep the attention from her less armored allies. If any heavy ordinance starts flying she'll try to dip behind the nearest cover.
Beretta Le Rouge
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

As CID walks out of the water, Beretta unleashes her grip on Conrad who in turns scurries towards the raft. The raft looks to be in perfect working order. Nothing is ripped out, it's just turned off.

Norona stands at the waters edge mulling over things what to do, when he feels the ground shaking. Norona turns around and sees a glitter boy approaching the team.

Jesse looking at the undead person at the other end of the dock. Jesse challenges the inner demon who is taunting him. you are alone Manitou, I have allies. With mocking laughter, "Yes gunman, half of which are on the far shore. This stranger will tear you all apart! When you are destroyed I will be free to possess another less, pickled, abstinent and ornery host who is more easily controlled!" Jesse responds, Mmmm, eat crow demon I'm busy. "Busy dying. Just don't make me do something you're going to regret." Jesse hears the demon laughing. Jesse looks around, out of the corners of his eyes, he keeps his eyes locked on the distant stranger. Is he hostile? Likely, I have to ask myself, Did Jesse shoot first? The radio is activated "Dead..ly target spotted. Think we have a problem team, reckon we're 'bout to see how well we operate as a team in combat. Look .. alive." Jesse then moves with great unexpected speed starts running in between the buildings to get closer and take cover behind the closest building next to the enemy. On his run, Jesse notices some other people (not dead) walking around.

Jesse notices from his vantage point the undead opponent moved with speed and ease that it shouldn't be able to. The zombie like person rushes right up in front of CID, while running up, the zombie pulls out a chain sword and swings it against the Glitter Boy.
Fighting: [dice]0[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
ACE: [dice]3[/dice]
Damage:([dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice])+4
ACE: [dice]6[/dice]
Raise Die: [dice]8[/dice]
Benni Extra Effort: [dice]7[/dice]
Total damage: 31 (Result: Baretta is shaken. Make a vigor roll to recover.)

Everyone that sees the zombies unnatural movement is surprised to see him just cleave into the glitter boy armor. If the armor wasn't as powerful as it is, Beretta would be in much worse shape than she is right now.

Rabbits Foot appears to be oblivious to the goings on right now, sitting in the ATV listening to her music.

Kessler sits by the shoreline feeling proud of himself for his leadership skills, so much so that his tail is wagging with force. Kessler notices the Glitter Boy walk up behind them, Kessler is concerned for his own safety. WIth his ears folding behind him, Kessler addresses the new addition. "You'd better have brought enough ear plugs for everyone. Because if you make me deaf I'm going to pee all over the inside of your suit."

Dezzy activates her thermal components on her helmet. The HUD shows normal power levels, as well as the fact it's moving. Dezzy considers the system safe, to being excited. Not just one but two Glitter Boys now. "Hey. Is that a boom gun on your shoulder or are you just happy to see us? Heh, kidding...seriously though, should we be worried about you or are you good people?"

The Glitter Boy takes a knee in front of the dog boy. "Peace." The comm filters do nothing to hide what might be a New Orleans (for those that know) accent. "I'm Johnny 'Schoolboy'. Chief Elle assigned me to the 32nd. I wasn't able to make it to the stand-up 'cause of some 'Morrow Legion business elsewhere requiring my special..touch. The Chief told me to report to Kesslan and the rest of the 32nd ASAP. Yes, this is a boomgun on my shoulder and I am happy to see all of you." One of the armor's lit-white eyes grows dark and then flashes back up.
"And from what it sounds like, I've got here just in time for the fireworks to begin." Seeing the other Glitter Boy (Girl?) on the other side of the river, as well as receiving the comms from Jesse starts to prepare for a fight. "I'll try to keep the noise down, sir, but, I think we might be needing me to drop bass soon."

"Welcome sir. We are waiting for our friends to return with the ferry," Norona says as he gestures to the opposite shore. "It appears they are about to encounter a local patrol. My instincts tell me it will not be a friendly engagement. No doubt we will soon see what has become of the ferryman"

Chuckling at Kesslan's colourful description Norona also wonders about Zoffa's ear drums in the presence of two such loud vehicles. They will have to steer well clear of them if the firing ever starts.

"Do we have another means to cross if we have to move to support them?"

Deezy looked across over the river and squinted. She shaded her visor. Even with magnification, it was pretty hard to see anything that far away.

"Well, I can try to fly over," she muses. "It's a long way though! I'm preeeeetty sure I could make it?"

How hard could it be, really?

She radioed to Jesse, "Where's the hostile?"

Hearing Deezy on the radio Jesse grins and squints his red rimmed blue eyes in concentration as he runs with impossible speed. In a scabrous voice the gunslinger radios back, "Reckon the showdown is 'bout ta happen at the far dock, twixt me and the far dock with the ferry. Hurry up or you'll miss all the fun malady I'm 'bout to clog the air with gun smoke!"

Beretta is shocked that this person could move so quickly. "Whoa, hot out the barrel! Keep ya' head low - I've got you covered. Sorta. . ." Beretta does a quick tactical look at the dock. No boom force. Dock isn't sturdy enough.

Initiative
Jesse: QS
Conrad: KS
Beretta: 4C
Rabbits Foot: AC
Narona: 2D
Johnny: 10D
Kessler: 5C
Dezzy: KH
Murder Wraith: 7D
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Jesse steps out around the corner of the building, swiftly moving towards the zombie. Duster spinning as he moves with unbidden speed.

Queen of Spades

"Awe Blazes. Beretta's gunna bite the ground less we inner'fere. We've been bamboozled. There's a gaggle ol' Devils milling about over here. Reckon it's time to see if this dunderhead is a curly wolf or not."

Dust eddies erupt about his boots and his eyes bore into the backside of his target. Aiming with both arcane Colt Peacemaker six guns, the Gunslinger points straight out at the undead creatures back. Suddenly still. Unmoving. Silent. Jesse takes aim with ambidextrous, professional and deadly skill. Feeling where he wants the two guns to fire as he pulls both triggers. Gun smoke plumes across the expanse betwixted the gunman and zombie. Two arcane dark magic bullets score across the distance to strike the zombie.

OOC Rolls:

Jesse fires both guns at the zombie. Aim +2 to Hit.

Shooting #1 [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die #1 [dice]1[/dice]
Shooting #2 [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die #2 [dice]3[/dice]

#1 To Hit: 9, Raise. Damage increased buy a d6: [dice]4[/dice].
#2 To Hit: 13, Raise. Damage increased buy a d6: [dice]5[/dice].

((Each gun: Damage: 2d6+2, AP 4))

#1 Damage [dice]6[/dice]
#2 Damage [dice]7[/dice]

Total Damage
#1: 11 AP4
#2: 17 AP4

Note: Fast as Death, around 2/3 ((( -1 on rolls (1 Fatigue) for one hour, once Greater Speed wears off. )))

Priceless. Shoot him in the back. Now you've done it. This Wraith will tear you limb from limb and I'll laugh the whole time!

Seriously shut it demon. I. Am. Ignoring. You.
Last edited by Jesse on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Oh crud Conrad thought, that thing is going mano a mano with a glitter boy. we need to take it down now. His tail openedup with the pulse pistol while he took aim and fired with the plasma ejector. It was risky firing into melee, but he'd likelybe eviscerated by anything that could battery Cid around.
"Hang in there Berreta. "

pistol
[dice]0[/dice]+2
[dice]1[/dice]+2
raise [dice]4[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]+1=19

plasma ejector
[dice]2[/dice]+2

raise [dice]5[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]+2
damage [dice]6[/dice]
if it's not wearing sealed armour, the plasma blast will ignore any armour
Last edited by Conrad on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

The distant crack of gunfire from across the river gets Deezy's attention, and her jaw firms up as she nods to herself.

"I hope you guys weren't planning on having a party without me," she says, and nudges one of her ankles with one toe...then her other ankle with the other. Lights begin flashing on the sides of her heavily modified armored boots, and one by one each light becomes solidly lit and turns green.

Air intakes snap open along the sides of her calves, and the revving of tiny turbines can be heard.

"On the other hand, even if you are...I don't really care!"

There's what looks and sounds like an explosion at Deezy's feet, and she's catapulted about thirty or forty feet straight up. She tucks into a dive, and the boots explode again...and keep exploding in a steady roar of rocket thrust that propels her back down towards the surface of the river. The techno-wizard cackles with gleeful laughter and manages to pull up just in time, the force of her propulsion driving the water behind her into an expanding wake as she curves back up and towards the combat at speeds that seem objectively unsafe for someone not encased in heavy armor!

technowizardry to activate Fly [dice]0[/dice]
wild [dice]1[/dice]

(using 10 PPE to get 8x Pace with Swift Flight. This means Deezy's speed is 48 inches per round. Total distance to traverse: +/- 440 inches. Backup is incoming!)
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Beretta Le Rouge

Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Total: 4

Four of Clubs(?)

Spirit Check: [dice]2[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Total: 5 (Pass, but loses action)

As if Jesse's freako sprint wasn't surprising enough, this pickled pecker getting fresh with Cid was just icing on an already gaudy cake!

Holy smokes, this is one gooey cookie! I've only seen those twitchy juicers move like this!

Taken back by the brutal, and relentless strike that came her way - Beretta takes a moment too long to realize what hit her! Luckily she managed to shake it off, but holy moly does this guy pack a punch!

I'm in a bit of a pinch, guys! This freak-o hit's like a bazooka! I'll try to keep him distracted, but I can't promise anything! Just be careful.

Trying to keep the monstrosities attention, Beretta will call out over Cid's loudspeaker. "I've met chickens that can choke harder than that! I hope you didn't have to put a down payment on that embalming job - smells like they used piss instead of formaldehyde!"

Contingencies:
If it looks like the baddie isn't going down - beretta will move her full pace (a free action), of 10" towards the nearest shack to eventually make her way towards the green.
Beretta Le Rouge
Johnny Whateley

10 Diamonds

Schoolboy recognizing that even if he has a shot, the Boomgun could cripple his allies. Schoolboy will move forward, keeping on dry land as much as possible towards the empty-side of the dock and the zombies.

"I needs a bit of space to shoot!" he says.

OOC:
Running [dice]0[/dice]

Corrected Running: [dice]1[/dice]
Last edited by Johnny Whateley on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Norona

Post by Norona »

2C

Seeing things begin to unfold poorly, Norona sighs. Best to support the group, he thinks as he tries to figure a quick way to close the distance. Petting Zoffa on the head he grimaces, "You'll have to sit this one out my friend." Muttering silently the fox shaped tattoo on Norona's body begins to glow a dull red and the elf changes shape into a hawk!

Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice] (Shape Change, -3 PPE)

Taking flight, he climbs high in order to enter a steep dive and cover this distance quickly.

Hawk
Flight: Hawks have a Flying Pace of 20”, with an Acceleration of 10”.
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kessler: 5C (I'm not sure who this Kessler is that you keep referencing :P )

Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Kesslan finds himself concerned when he hears all the gunfire starting up along with the other signs of combat. Even if he couldn't see or hear some of it he could certainly hear people over the radio. The really big problem for him however was, it was all going on, on the other side of the river. This presented a problem as, given the width of the river in question, he wasn't sure he could manage to swim that far and not drown. The Plastic Man armour he was given before leaving might help in that regard but would it be enough? Besides, he hated EBA helmets. Just like most other dogboys.

Admittedly he was at a bit of a loss, but he really, really wanted to help! Not just because it was his 'pack' but also because it just seemed like the right thing to do. And so he set his mighty mind to trying to figure out some way to cross without the aid of the barge. Or at least to try and figure out if there was a doggy's hope in hell of crossing the river by trying to swim...

Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
I bring the fire
Johnny Whateley

OOC:

How far exactly is the active fighting from where most of us are? I'm guessing I'll have one more turn of running to get out of a large template from the rest of the group to use the boom gun, but wanted to double check how much distance I have to plan for.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

river is 3000 feet wide. this is why we went to get the ferry
Johnny Whateley

OOC:
Conrad wrote:river is 3000 feet wide. this is why we went to get the ferry
Ouch. Thanks for the info.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

Rabbits Foot listens to the radio and hears the commotion on the other end of the river. Did they say a murder wraith? Not wasting any more time with this crew. Rabbits Foot gathers her gear, and start to walk off towards the west.

Conrad takes aim with his tail and his hand weapon. That thing is going mano a mano with a glitter boy. we need to take it down now. Conrad takes the shots, trusting his aim and possibly a little luck, he watches as both the normal ammunition and plasma round travel across the river. Conrad is happy to see one hit his target, unfortunately the plasma round misses its target as the murder wraith moves with the speed of his previous life.

The distant crack of gunfire from across the river gets Deezy's attention, and her jaw firms up as she nods to herself.

"I hope you guys weren't planning on having a party without me," she says, and nudges one of her ankles with one toe...then her other ankle with the other. Lights begin flashing on the sides of her heavily modified armored boots, and one by one each light becomes solidly lit and turns green.

Air intakes snap open along the sides of her calves, and the revving of tiny turbines can be heard.

"On the other hand, even if you are...I don't really care!"

There's what looks and sounds like an explosion at Deezy's feet, and she's catapulted about thirty or forty feet straight up. She tucks into a dive, and the boots explode again...and keep exploding in a steady roar of rocket thrust that propels her back down towards the surface of the river. The techno-wizard cackles with gleeful laughter and manages to pull up just in time, the force of her propulsion driving the water behind her into an expanding wake as she curves back up and towards the combat at speeds that seem objectively unsafe for someone not encased in heavy armor!

Jesse watches as the Murder Wraith moves right past him with the speed of the juicer that he used to be. Jesse steps out around the corner of the building, swiftly moving towards the zombie. Duster spinning as he moves with unbidden speed. Jesse activates his radio. "Awe Blazes. Beretta's gunna bite the ground less we inner'fere. We've been bamboozled. There's a gaggle ol' Devils milling about over here. Reckon it's time to see if this dunderhead is a curly wolf or not." Dust eddies erupt about his boots and his eyes bore into the backside of his target. Aiming with both arcane Colt Peacemaker six guns, the Gunslinger points straight out at the undead creatures back. Suddenly still. Unmoving. Silent. Jesse takes aim with ambidextrous, professional and deadly skill. Feeling where he wants the two guns to fire as he pulls both triggers. Gun smoke plumes across the expanse betwixted the gunman and zombie. Two arcane dark magic bullets score across the distance to strike the zombie. The murder wraith already moving with an unexpected speed is unable to avoid the six shooter. He takes two solid hits from the six shooter. The murder wraith takes notice of this unexpected shot. The arcane energy splashes against his armor. Priceless. Shoot him in the back. Now you've done it. This Wraith will tear you limb from limb and I'll laugh the whole time!

Seriously shut it demon. I. Am. Ignoring. You.

Johnny seeing that the situation is pretty bad, not wanting to hurt his new teammates get up to the edge of the water. "I needs a bit of space to shoot!"

The Murder Wraith looks at Jesse with a grin on his face. This is fun, You will be fun. The Murder Wraith rushes towards Jesse with such an unexpected speed that it catches both people off guard slightly. The sword swings wildly.

Kesslan finds himself concerned when he hears all the gunfire starting up along with the other signs of combat. Even if he couldn't see or hear some of it he could certainly hear people over the radio. The really big problem for him however was, it was all going on, on the other side of the river. This presented a problem as, given the width of the river in question, he wasn't sure he could manage to swim that far and not drown. The Plastic Man armour he was given before leaving might help in that regard but would it be enough? Besides, he hated EBA helmets. Just like most other dogboys.

Admittedly he was at a bit of a loss, but he really, really wanted to help! Not just because it was his 'pack' but also because it just seemed like the right thing to do. And so he set his mighty mind to trying to figure out some way to cross without the aid of the barge. Or at least to try and figure out if there was a doggy's hope in hell of crossing the river by trying to swim...Unfortunately, the river is moving too quickly for him to swim across, or so he thinks.

With the gun shots being heard, everyone on the docks and with amplified hearing can hear "Shit Glitter Boy! Get the heavy weapons!" Several shots are fired from the edges of the buildings, and two more juicers comes running into the frey swarming around the glitter boy. THey pull out chain long swords, but the armor is to tough for them to penetrate.

As if Jesse's freako sprint wasn't surprising enough, this pickled pecker getting fresh with Cid was just icing on an already gaudy cake!

Holy smokes, this is one gooey cookie! I've only seen those twitchy juicers move like this!

Taken back by the brutal, and relentless strike that came her way - Beretta takes a moment too long to realize what hit her! Luckily she managed to shake it off, but holy moly does this guy pack a punch!

I'm in a bit of a pinch, guys! This freak-o hit's like a bazooka! I'll try to keep him distracted, but I can't promise anything! Just be careful.

Trying to keep the monstrosities attention, Beretta will call out over Cid's loudspeaker. "I've met chickens that can choke harder than that! I hope you didn't have to put a down payment on that embalming job - smells like they used piss instead of formaldehyde!"

Beretta realizes that she now has two not so dead juicers around her, fortunately, they do not appear to be as skilled as the murder wraith.

Seeing things begin to unfold poorly, Norona sighs. Best to support the group, he thinks as he tries to figure a quick way to close the distance. Petting Zoffa on the head he grimaces, "You'll have to sit this one out my friend." Muttering silently the fox shaped tattoo on Norona's body begins to glow a dull red and the elf changes shape into a hawk! Taking flight, he climbs high in order to enter a steep dive and cover this distance quickly.

Things start to get real

Jesse: 8D
Baretta: 2C
Dezzy: Red JOKER!
Conrad: AD
Johnny: AC
Norona: QS
Kesslan: 10C
Murderwraith: BLACK JOKER!
Mooks: 5S

Bennies for all.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Rewriting post.
  • Spending four Bennies.
  • One to reroll shooting.
  • One to reroll the other shooting.
  • One to reroll damage.
  • One to reroll the other damage.
I was trying to save Bennies (had 5) for whatever happens with Murder Wraith attacking me. However I guess I will spend the bennies to do re Rolls. Sorry for the mess.

[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]
[dice]12[/dice]
[dice]13[/dice]
Last edited by Jesse on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Johnny Whateley

Schoolboy's jaw tenses. He knows what he must do. He keeps himself pointed toward the struggle and runs into the river with a brief thought on hoping the Glitterboy armor is sealed and protected as the specs say.

"We need to draw that thing closer so the rest of us could lend a hand!"

OOC:
On Card AC
Running: [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

After the Murder Wraith attacks Jesse the Gunslinger fires both other dimensional six guns at the creature.

Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Damage 1: [dice]4[/dice]
Damage 2: [dice]5[/dice]
AP 4
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]

Damage #1 = 6 AP 4 before Bennie was 10 AP 4

Damage #2 = 19 AP 4

I'll change my Bennie to 1.
Last edited by Jesse on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]15[/dice]
Total: 13

Red Joker! (Beretta only has a Parry of 4, until the next round of combat)

Beretta's heart sinks as she watches the long-past spoiled Juice-Box dash for Jesse. . .

Aww, hell. . . this always happens when I try to talk smack!

Not able to fret long over her weak street-talk skills, the inbound Juicers take Beretta's attention back to the here and now.

Well these certainly seem a bit more farmer's market fresh! I'll have to file a complaint with the manager - the customer service is just terrible. . .

Hoping to occupy the living Juicers, and keep Conrad covered, Beretta winds up her moxie into grand, sweeping haymakers! A glittering-knuckle sandwich for each of her new compadres!

Wild Attack #1 vs Adjacent Juicer (directly to her right on the map) [+2 from Joker, +2 from Wild Attack, -2 to hit a Juicer, -2 multi-attack, -2 to hit Size 0] [-1 Bennie for Extra Effort]
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
Total: 3 (Miss)

Wild Attack #2 vs Diagonal Juicer (just south of the previous Juicer) [+2 from Joker, +2 from Wild Attack, -2 to hit a Juicer, -4 multi-attack/off-hand, -2 to hit Size 0] [-1 Bennie for Extra Effort]
Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
Fighting Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Extra Effort Ace [dice]13[/dice]
Total: 12 (1 raise!)

Regardless of the outcome, Beretta will hastily shout over the radio.

Don't let that zom-bozo get you! Fall back to the Ferry if you can manage it! I'll try to distract these goons!

Contingency Damage:
Attack #1
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]

Attack #2
[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]
Raise Damage [dice]14[/dice]
+2 for Wild Attack
+2 joker damage
Total: 20 Damage
Last edited by Beretta Le Rouge on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Beretta Le Rouge
Norona

Post by Norona »

QS

Flapping his wings Norona gains altitude and attempts a long steep dive to try and pick up speed over the wide river. There is little he can do except try to close the gap. Perhaps I should have flown over with the others, but there did not seem a need at the time. The experienced scout should have known better than to let looks deceive him. Unable to speak or hear the half-elf just soars as fast as he can. Taking advantage of the amazing vision of his chosen form he eyes up the battle and looks for anything that might be useful.

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Abandoned by the others, Kesslan just makes his way over towards Zoffa and sits down in a crouch, ears drooping. "Looks like it's just us." he says unhappily. It really bothered him that first, he couldn't help, and secondly, that everyone had just gone and left him. Some Alpha I am if the whole pack just ups and leaves. He supposed someone had to stay back with the vehicles, but even so, it wasn't like anyone had asked him about it. Nor did anyone apparently think to stay behind with him. He wasn't sure which he found a worse hit to his fragile ego.
I bring the fire
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

(OOC - Apologies for the delay in my posting. There was a lot of discussion going on, and since I'm literally 10 turns from being able to take combat actions, I let myself kind of slip into an undue complacency. Won't happen again.)

In mid-flight, Deezy started unsnapping tubes and devices and little glowing things from various pouches and attachments over her armor, and fitting them together. Eyeballing the distance, she was fairly sure she could keep her rockets burning long enough to get her across...but she wouldn't have enough juice to loiter for long. She'd need to be ready with a few nasty surprises by the time she arrived.

It wound up looking a bit like a slightly battered looking shoulder-launched missile launcher, with a set of four tubes, and a lot of weird glowing crystalline cables winding around it.

TURN 2 of 10
TW to stunt an Onslaught power: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [7] = 7
1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2

Onslaught power has 10 PPE separate from Deezy's...enough to give a full 4 round burst.
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

ooc assuming that he did hit from being closer, but did not damage

"Arse," He swore. Anything that shrugged off that level of firepower meant magical. He had silver bullets on him but Cid would be useful to pin it down. Take the juicers out first. The sound of jets coming across the river suggested that they had reinforcements on the way.

He opened up on the Juicers, trusting Jesse would survive until they could help him.

"I am not leaving anybody behind again. Anyway I think I have something that can hurt him." He spoke over the radio to the others.

[dice]0[/dice]+2
ace [dice]2[/dice] total 14
[dice]1[/dice]+2 total 8

assuming 2 raises on the plasma ejector and no raise on the pistol
[dice]3[/dice]
raise [dice]4[/dice]
ace [dice]7[/dice]
raise[dice]5[/dice]

27 damage on the any of the juicers still standing after Berreta hits them and presumably not environmental sealed armour so no armour value to protect them, just toughness

pistol
[dice]6[/dice]+1
total 7 splashes uselessly off their armour
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

In mid-flight, Deezy started unsnapping tubes and devices and little glowing things from various pouches and attachments over her armor, and fitting them together. Eyeballing the distance, she was fairly sure she could keep her rockets burning long enough to get her across...but she wouldn't have enough juice to loiter for long. She'd need to be ready with a few nasty surprises by the time she arrived.

It wound up looking a bit like a slightly battered looking shoulder-launched missile launcher, with a set of four tubes, and a lot of weird glowing crystalline cables winding around it.

The murder-wraith smiles at Jesse. Pulls out a vibro sword and slashes jesse on the right shoulder. Jesse is stunned at the ferocity and speed the murder wraith is able to command. "You've just pissed off the wrong undead. Let me in control if you want to live."

"Arse," Conrad swore. Anything that shrugged off that level of firepower meant magical. He had silver bullets on him but Cid would be useful to pin it down. Take the juicers out first. The sound of jets coming across the river suggested that they had reinforcements on the way.

He opened up on the Juicers, trusting Jesse would survive until they could help him.

"I am not leaving anybody behind again. Anyway I think I have something that can hurt him."

Conrad is able to shoot between the legs of Cid at the juicer on the right hand side. The shot was such a good shot, the body starts to melt inside the armor.

Johnny is determined to provide backup to his new team proceeds to run into the river to cover more ground. As Johnny starts to run towards the river, he fails to notice the ground is particularly wet, Johnny loses his footing and falls down at the water's edge. His left knee hits a boulder on the river side and the knee joint is damaged pretty good. (-2 to pace and still is on the west side of the river.)

Flapping his wings Norona gains altitude and attempts a long steep dive to try and pick up speed over the wide river. There is little he can do except try to close the gap. Perhaps I should have flown over with the others, but there did not seem a need at the time. The experienced scout should have known better than to let looks deceive him. Unable to speak or hear the half-elf just soars as fast as he can. Taking advantage of the amazing vision of his chosen form he eyes up the battle and looks for anything that might be useful.

Abandoned by the others, Kesslan just makes his way over towards Zoffa and sits down in a crouch, ears drooping. "Looks like it's just us." he says unhappily. It really bothered him that first, he couldn't help, and secondly, that everyone had just gone and left him. Some Alpha I am if the whole pack just ups and leaves. He supposed someone had to stay back with the vehicles, but even so, it wasn't like anyone had asked him about it. Nor did anyone apparently think to stay behind with him. He wasn't sure which he found a worse hit to his fragile ego.

Jesse looks dazed and confused at the smiling murder wraith.

The mercenaries show some coordination. CID gets shot at from down the alley when one pops out, shoots his laser weapon at the glitter boy. The hit is solid, however being the reflective nature of the weapon, it bounces harmlessly off. The juicer next to Cid pulls out a chain great sword and with determination and a fire that burns within him unfortunately, the armor is the pinnacle of protection. Conrad gets his attention when he is shot in the back, as well as Jesse who realizes that he is surrounded.

Beretta's heart sinks as she watches the long-past spoiled Juice-Box dash for Jesse. . .

Aww, hell. . . this always happens when I try to talk smack!

Not able to fret long over her weak street-talk skills, the inbound Juicers take Beretta's attention back to the here and now.

Well these certainly seem a bit more farmer's market fresh! I'll have to file a complaint with the manager - the customer service is just terrible. . .

Hoping to occupy the living Juicers, and keep Conrad covered, Beretta winds up her moxie into grand, sweeping haymakers! A glittering-knuckle sandwich for each of her new compadres!

Beretta swings wide and over the juicer to her left then follows up with a right handed backhand to the one next to it. The juicer takes the hit in the chest and is goos all over the glitter boy armor.

Beretta activates the radio to warn the team. "Don't let that zom-bozo get you! Fall back to the Ferry if you can manage it! I'll try to distract these goons!"

Jesse: 7C
Baretta: 9D
Dezzy: Black Joker (Bennies all around)
Conrad: 3H
Johnny: AC
Norona: 4D
Kesslan: 10S
Mruderwaith: 2H
Mooks: 6S
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Jesse is Shaken from the impact of the Murder Wraiths attack.

((( OOC: Combat Reflexes: +2 to Spirit roll vs Shaken ---- Spirit d6: [dice]0[/dice]
Additionally Fast as Death wears off putting rolls at -1 due to Fatigue. Final result = 5 )))

Jesse turns towards the murky river and dives out over the water in order to get out of the way of the Murder Wraiths onslaught. As the Gunslinger is mid air he pulls the triggers on both six guns in an attempt to kill the undead creature. Twin clouds of black smoke trail behind Jesse as he disappears below the water.

((( OOC Shooting and Damage rolls:

Gun #1
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Wild [dice]2[/dice]

Gun #2
Shooting [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]

Ace [dice]5[/dice]

Shot one hits. Shot two hits with a raise add a d6 to damage. [dice]6[/dice]

Each gun: Damage: 2d6+2, AP 4

Damage 1 [dice]7[/dice]

Damage 2 [dice]8[/dice]

Ace [dice]9[/dice]

Totals:

#1: 9 Damage with AP 4
#2: 16 Damage with AP 4
)))

Release control to me...NOW!!
Johnny Whateley

AC

Schoolboy let's loose with a litany of curses as he recovers his footing. Realizing a need to adjust his plans, he reaches for his boom gun while digging in.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

After some thought, Kesslan just gets up, and starts the long trek by foot back to the Legion HQ.
I bring the fire
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

It takes a few seconds for Deezy to realize that even at max speed, it's going to take a few minutes to get across the river. Those were minutes they didn't have! If only there was a way to pack herself into a cannon shell and get fired by that boom gun on the new guy...

ohwaitasecond!

She swerved crazily around, dipping her toes in the water as she tried to skid around and reverse course...making a beeline towards the Glitter Boy where it was now partially submerged; its torso poking up out of the river's surface.

"HEY!" Deezy bellowed through the commlink. "Sink those spike things! You're gonna do some arty! And I'm gonna help!"

Schoolboy felt a weight on his shoulders, and heard the clonking noise of something smacking into the thick armored plates protecting him there. Deezy was yanking things off her belt and affixing them to the mighty boom gun...a weapon nearly as large as she herself was.

Green lights on the robot warrior's HUD started turning yellow and warning beeps started going off in his ears. The onboard diagnostic system didn't appreciate whatever the techno-wizard was doing.

"Okay!" she called. "This will almost definitely probably not overload your driver coils and melt down the gun! But if it DOES...uh...better have a finger on the emergency pilot release!"

(Moving back to the glitterboy and using Smite, with Holy trapping, for 4 PPE; which taps me out, but I still have the Onslaught gadget I made last turn. Any remaining movement will then be used to resume progress across the river. I think I'd have as much movement left as the GB used speed to cross into the river last turn.)

Smiiiiiite!: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [8] = 8
1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1

(OOC - With Smite, your boomgun can now damage the murder wraith, and you can target it at Medium Range across the entire flipping river immediately :))
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Johnny Whateley

Deezy Klatta wrote: "Okay!" she called. "This will almost definitely probably not overload your driver coils and melt down the gun! But if it DOES...uh...better have a finger on the emergency pilot release!"
"Wait?! What did you? Where's that weird beeping coming from? I don't think the systems are supposed to glow like that. Melt my gun?"

OOC:
With Jess kinda clear of the area, I think I'll be dropping some boom next turn instead of aiming as I was planning.

Also, Dezzy, don't forget everything you roll gets +2 this round because of the joker.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

(ah! Missed that! Congrats, the Smite raised then! It's +4 to damage instead of +2!)

Deezy's laughter came back over the communications channel, with the whine of her rocket boots churning in the background.

"It's fine! Really! Just unload on that thing! By which I mean shoot it!"
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

The Juicer burned brightly as the plasma bolt ignited him. Conrad was impressed with his shot for a brief instance, before the situation deteriorated.

“Jesse!” Conrad screamed, as the cowboy disappeared into the water. ‘Dren,’ he thought, this situation is going from bad to worse. If there are survivors here, getting ourselves killed won’t help them. He’d seen Jesse only a few moments before walk unaided under the water, but he wasn’t sure if the Murder Wraith had caught him first.

He wanted to open up on the fracking thing with everything he had, but he’d already done that and had achieved absolutely nothing.
“Berreta, we need to regroup Chummer,” he called over the radio. Looking back briefly, his tail opened fire with the pistol towards the newly arrived mercenaries as he ran towards the ferry.
Action - run to ferry. If there is opportunity, he will start the ferry
Extra Minor action D8 +2-2 movement penalty

1d8 = 3:

wild dice [dice]0[/dice]
if a hit on a merc
[dice]1[/dice]

just need johnny to open fire
Last edited by Conrad on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Norona

Post by Norona »

Notice: [dice]0[/dice] / [dice]1[/dice]

Seeing Deezy flip back toward the river bank, Norona makes a mental shrug and turns back to the near side of the river. It is much too far, i will exhaust my power reserves if I fly the whole way. Sighing internally at his imprudence the wilderness scout turns back toward his mates on the near shore of the river. Unable to effect any real change to the outcome is frustrating to say the least.

May the gods grant protection to our team and safe passage to the rest of us.
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Total: 13 (2 Raises!)

Nine of Diamonds

Emboldened by the sudden splattering of Juice-Box, Beretta feels slightly less panicked at Jesse's sudden departure.

Wha. . . Where the hell did he run off to?!

Although, she doesn't dwell too long, given the fact that rotten Juicer would soon be coming back. . . oh the spattering of merc's still surrounding her were a problem too.

Aware there was now an even greater numbers disparity, Beretta decides it best to stick with her instincts and brawl it out with the remaining Juicer.

Wild Attack vs Juicer [+2 from Wild Attack, -2 to hit a Juicer, -2 for size 0] [-1 Bennie for Extra Effort (4 remaining)]
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
Extra Effort Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Total: 13 (1 Raise)

When the initiative ticks down and Beretta hears Conrad suggest a fighting withdraw, she wholeheartedly agrees!

I read you loud and clear pal. I'll try to cover our way to the Ferry - watch your back!

Contingency Damage:
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
Fighting Raise [dice]9[/dice]
Punch Raise [dice]10[/dice]
Second Punch Raise! [dice]11[/dice]
Third Punch Raise!! [dice]12[/dice]
+2 for Wild Attack
Total: 32 Damage!!
Beretta Le Rouge
Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

It takes a few seconds for Deezy to realize that even at max speed, it's going to take a few minutes to get across the river. Those were minutes they didn't have! If only there was a way to pack herself into a cannon shell and get fired by that boom gun on the new guy...

ohwaitasecond!

She swerved crazily around, dipping her toes in the water as she tried to skid around and reverse course...making a beeline towards the Glitter Boy where it was now partially submerged; its torso poking up out of the river's surface.

"HEY!" Deezy bellowed through the commlink. "Sink those spike things! You're gonna do some arty! And I'm gonna help!"

Schoolboy felt a weight on his shoulders, and heard the clonking noise of something smacking into the thick armored plates protecting him there. Deezy was yanking things off her belt and affixing them to the mighty boom gun...a weapon nearly as large as she herself was.

Green lights on the robot warrior's HUD started turning yellow and warning beeps started going off in his ears. The onboard diagnostic system didn't appreciate whatever the techno-wizard was doing.

"Okay!" she called. "This will almost definitely probably not overload your driver coils and melt down the gun! But if it DOES...uh...better have a finger on the emergency pilot release!"

"Wait?! What did you? Where's that weird beeping coming from? I don't think the systems are supposed to glow like that. Melt my gun?"

Deezy's laughter came back over the communications channel, with the whine of her rocket boots churning in the background.

"It's fine! Really! Just unload on that thing! By which I mean shoot it!"

Seeing the team move and act without his input at all, Kesslen starts to think about his role on the team. After some thought, Kesslan just gets up, and starts the long trek by foot back to the Legion HQ.

Emboldened by the sudden splattering of Juice-Box, Beretta feels slightly less panicked at Jesse's sudden departure.

Wha. . . Where the hell did he run off to?!

Although, she doesn't dwell too long, given the fact that rotten Juicer would soon be coming back. . . oh the spattering of merc's still surrounding her were a problem too.

Aware there was now an even greater numbers disparity, Beretta decides it best to stick with her instincts and brawl it out with the remaining Juicer.

Beretta punches the remaining juicer and lands squarely in the chest sending him flying 15 feet backwards, hitting the building, leaving an imprint and an audible thud. His brain matter on the wall, the juicer slides down into a pile of flesh.

Jesse is Shaken from the impact of the Murder Wraiths attack. Coming to his senses quickly, Jesse comes to his senses quickly, and realizes he is possibly in over his head. Jesse turns towards the murky river and dives out over the water in order to get out of the way of the Murder Wraiths onslaught. As the Gunslinger is mid air he pulls the triggers on both six guns in an attempt to kill the undead creature. Twin clouds of black smoke trail behind Jesse as he disappears below the water. The blasts lands squarely on the murder wraith. The first shot hits Jesse's target. The Murder wraith has a look of relief on his face, until he sees the second shot come straight towards him and lands half an inch from the first shot. The Murder Wraith recoils in pain from the second shot.

Release control to me...NOW!!

The Merc on the north end of the building sees the glitterboy and realizes heavier weapons are needed. He only has grenades and hopes those will work. The Merc sticks his head out of the corner, throws. The light off of a street light catches the Merc just right and the grenade lands right in front of him. Both the bandit and Conrad are lucky, the grenade appears to be underpowered and ineffective.

The Merc towards the East sees the juicers limp body land on the ground and hears the explosion and hopes he is able to get out of this alive. Unfortunately he has little luck with his grenade as it lands next to the south building in the alleyway and explodes. The building takes the brunt of the damage and sends rubble all over the alleyway.

The other Mercs seeing Jesse jump into the water and shooting the murder wraith, rushes the dock looking for him to shoot at.

Seeing Deezy flip back toward the river bank, Norona makes a mental shrug and turns back to the near side of the river. It is much too far, i will exhaust my power reserves if I fly the whole way. Sighing internally at his imprudence the wilderness scout turns back toward his mates on the near shore of the river. Unable to effect any real change to the outcome is frustrating to say the least.

May the gods grant protection to our team and safe passage to the rest of us.

The Juicer burned brightly as the plasma bolt ignited him. Conrad was impressed with his shot for a brief instance, before the situation deteriorated.

“Jesse!” Conrad screamed, as the cowboy disappeared into the water. ‘Dren,’ he thought, this situation is going from bad to worse. If there are survivors here, getting ourselves killed won’t help them. He’d seen Jesse only a few moments before walk unaided under the water, but he wasn’t sure if the Murder Wraith had caught him first.

He wanted to open up on the fracking thing with everything he had, but he’d already done that and had achieved absolutely nothing.
“Berreta, we need to regroup Chummer,” he called over the radio. Looking back briefly, his tail opened fire with the pistol towards the newly arrived mercenaries as he ran towards the ferry.

I read you loud and clear pal. I'll try to cover our way to the Ferry - watch your back!

Conrad starts his run towards the ferry. He sees he has a long ways to go and could use some support fire.

The Murder wraith recovers from the shots and is visibly angry when Jesse jumps into the water. "FACE ME YOU COWARD!"

Mystic intervention
Aderyn returns from a recon mission to bring in blue d-bees empty handed. This one mission has been thwarting him for quite some time. Each time, another team brings them in, each time Aderyn is empty handed. Aderyn is starting to think the mystics are using him for some sick joke when one of the mystics approaches him. "MIssed the rift again? Don't loose hope, one day you will fulfill the mission one day. Right now is not that day. You have been reassigned to the 32nd SET. They are already on their way to their first objective. They need your help. Your past in fighting the Tolkeen fighters will be useful to them. You do not have the mystical abilities but you do have the experience they do not. Here is the dossier of your team members. We have a helicopter standing by to take you to Whycliff. Time is of the essence, lives are at stake." With those words, the Mystic turns around and heads towards the mystic quarters of the castle. Looking at the files Aderyn walks towards the helicopter sitting ready for take off. Definitely not something that is normal for this outfit, but stranger things have happened. The trip to Whycliff is uneventful and Aderyn is able to review the files of all his new team mates. A burster dog boy as the leader is very questionable to begin with, but that's how the team is set up.

The helicopter lands just on the west side of the team. Those on the shore definitely notice it land, and hops out a young but well experienced individual as well as Kesslan jumping into the helicopter. Kesslan looks at Aderyn "Good luck, my pack is somewhere else." The helicopter lifts off to head back towards the castle leaving the team and Aderyn with nothing but questions.

Baretta: 5H
Dezzy: 4D
Conrad: 6C
Johnny: 10S
Norona: 4H
Murder wraith: 4C
Mooks: KD
Aderyn: 2C
Norona

Post by Norona »

4H

Continuing his flight back to shore, Norona feels entirely useless. A feeling he, unfortunately, has experienced many times before. High in the air and free from the trouble and din of combat the wilderness scout allows his mind to wander back to his home world in the land of Shaintar. A quiet existence in the forests and hills, ruptured by what he later learned was a ley line storm. Although what caused it he may never know. His thoughts drift to his family, they were lost that night and he was only saved by being flung through space and time to this place. If you could really call being a refugee on a dangerous planet run amok with monsters salvation.

With his mind on what was lost, Norona steels his resolve. For better or worse, this new group of companions were under his protection and from now on he would not be so aloof with them. And certainly, he will always volunteer to be first across the river.

Fluttering his wings he touches down on the shoreline, well away from the Glitterboy who prepares ready to fire, and transforms back into his human form. While he may go first in the future, for now it is his fate to wait for others to go into harms's way.
Johnny Whateley

10S

"Get clear!" warns Johnny over the radio.

Schoolboy takes a bead on the murder wraith and fires the boom gun.

OOC:
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Spend 1 Bennie for reroll.

[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

and I'm stuck with those. DAMN.

First Roll is what I'll keep. The 2 with the 2 mod for the sensor arrays is 4--but not sure if the Wraith is still Medium Range or it's defense option applies. If so, I get -4.

Next time...Extra Effort and Aim.

DAMAGE if it hits (4 from Smite):

[dice]4[/dice]
Last edited by Johnny Whateley on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

"Who said that?"

Conrad continues his run as his tail holsters his laser pistol and pulls out the desert eagle.

"Beretta, start your run. I will cover you in a moment."

ooc
move into cover
aim action
Last edited by Conrad on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beretta Le Rouge

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

5 of Hearts

If Beretta seemed elated before, watching that second juicer eat dust had her positively elated! A terrible, no-good, horrible situation seemed to be getting marginally better -if only slgihtly- with the loss of a few baddies. Then again, there was that freakish voodo-shuffler hopped up on necrotic mountain dew. . . or at least, whatever the hell kept that outdated juicer running.

Ehh, so glad I don't have to smell that hombre! Yuck, yuck, bleagh!

Trivial though it might seem, even the mere thought of having to tussle with that zombie out-side the warm interior of Cid was revolting.

Remembering that she needed to cover Conrad on their fighting withdraw, Beretta charges past the opposition as best she can while high-tailing it to the ferry.

Full pace, and Run!
Run [dice]2[/dice]
Total: 11 inches of movement

Keep ya head down, this guy seems like he ain't in the mood to play after Jesse weaseled out of his sights!
Beretta Le Rouge
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Seeing the trajectory of that first shell brought Deezy up short for a second. That was...a terrible shot!

But to be fair, he was shooting across half a kilometer at a man-sized target! That wasn't rookie target practice!

He needed help, and like a good neighbor, Klattatech was there!

She dug out her DRUID; the Direct Ranged User Interface Device and plugged it into the Omniblaster's power system. In seconds it had locked onto the Glitter Boy's target control systems and created a link between it and her weapon. The blaster couldn't project damaging energy that far, but a simple illumination laser beam could easily paint a target...and feed the data through the DRUID into Schoolboy's computer. For him, it would be as easy as pointing and shooting. The upgraded targeting would handle the rest.

Her voice crackled into the pilot's comm.

"Your HUD's gonna change in a second. Just aim at the pink dot and you'll be fine!"

Then there was a burst of static obscuring his view, but only for a second. When it came back, all the complicated readouts had been replaced by a big pink dot. On the screen it looked like it was nowhere near where he needed to shoot, but...she said he should aim there.

(Schoolboy gets +2 dice steps to his Shooting skill!)

(Make boost gadget, then use gadget on Schoolboy, including -2 multiaction penalty: 1D10.OPEN(10)-2 = [6]-2 = 4
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [4]-2 = 2
1D10.OPEN(10)-2 = [4]-2 = 2
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [1]-2 = -1

BENNY
Use gadget on Schoolboy, including -2 multiaction penalty; BENNY: 1D10.OPEN(10)-2 = [7]-2 = 5
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [5]-2 = 3

I think that's my last benny. @_@)
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

The Bandits on the north end of the pier are not happy with the current assignment. The glitterboy audio systems are able to pick up the bandits. "Shit, glitterboy. WE NEED HEAVY WEAPONS!" The bandits lob two grenades towards the Glitterboy. The throwing arc for both grenades are just right and lands right where the glitter boy is standing. The grenades explodes underneath the glitterboy and destroys the pier. Beretta sees warning alarms light up her HUD. The good news is CID didn't take any damage, the bad news Beretta needs to move or fall into the water.

Johnny plants his feet into the ground, his HUD giving him alarms that the targeting system has been altered. The team hears over the radio "Get Clear!" The resounding boom echos for a mile out. Everyone in the area on both sides of the river knows what happened. The shock wave blasts over the water. The waves behind it fly 15 feet into the air as the flechette rounds make a beeline for the docks of whycliff. A storage building on the north side of pier takes the full force of the blast and crumbles into a pile of rubble. Johnny sees that the shot was way off target.

Conrad hearing the warning to get clear questions who would be on their frequency. While the question of who is currently unanswered, what is quickly realized as Conrad hears a familiar boom and explosion coming from the north. The only Glitterboy that Conrad even knows about is Beretta. The radio squacks live and Baretta hears Conrad giving her the go to move, and she is inclined to listen. The pier giving away to her weight give Beretta good motivation to move and move quickly. The glitterboy hustles down the pier with the 20 foot section where she was standing crumble into the water. The bandit to the far north cowers behind the building. Rubble falls down around the bandit.

The murder wraith is visibly pissed that Jesse jumped into river when he hears the explosion from the north, he looks up to see Beretta has already ran past him. "HA!!! THINK THAT CAN HURT ME? I'LL SHOW YOU PAIN!" The Murder wraith moves with unnatural speed and jumps onto the glitter boy with his vibro sword out and slashes against the hulking armor, doing nothing but pissing Beretta off for scratching the paint..

The area around the shoreline is a serene scene. With everyone's ears impacted by the boom gun, everyone can see a bird fly and land onto the shore. Norona transforms from the bird into is true self, contemplating his inability to do anything of any value at the moment.

Seeing how bad the shot Johnny did Dezzy is determined to help him out. A weird device of gems and wires is plugged into the power system of the glitter boy. Johnny sees the boom gun adjust itself and lines up with a laser pointer. Even with more alarms going off in the cockpit, Johnny has hope that his shot will go where he needs it to go. (O.O.C 1d8 shooting)

Aderyn is shocked by the boom gun and is stunned.

Baretta: JH
Dezzy: 8H
Conrad: Black Joker (Bennies all around +2 to all rolls)
Johnny: JD
Norona: 2C
Murder wraith: JC
Mooks: 9H
Aderyn: AH
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad
Black Joker - going first
Beretta Le Rouge wrote:Keep ya head down, this guy seems like he ain't in the mood to play after Jesse weaseled out of his sights!
"Just bring him in, I've got this," he said calmly

As the Murder Wraith danced across the dock and engaged Berreta again, Conrad kept track of him; even the destruction of the storage building could not break Conrad’s concentration. As the chainsword bounced the Glitter Boy, he adjusted slightly, aiming for exposed parts of his body not covered by the armour. From behind, his tail snaked out and grabbed the silver knife handing it to Berreta.

“Whoever is on that Boom Gun across the river, aim for the mercs near the building you just destroyed. I’ve got this guy.” He called on the radio to the group across the river.

“This is for Jesse Chummer!” he growled through his large teeth as the large calibre pistol fired the silver bullet. Let’s hope this works he thought, hoping it was some kind of vampire and therefore affected by some of the same stuff.
Ooc
Called shot to avoid his armour
Close range TN 4
D8 +6 (aim, joker and armour bonus) -4 (Juicer dodge, called shot) = D8+2
Desert Eagle loaded with Silver bullets
[dice]0[/dice]+2
Last edited by Conrad on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

ooc As annoyingly work is stopping me from editing the above post

Wild dice [dice]0[/dice]+2 = 7
benny to reroll my normal damage [dice]1[/dice]+2
total to hit is 7, so a hit, but no raise

so normal damage I think is 2d6+1 (need to check my book at home)
[dice]2[/dice] +3
12 damage
if it is 3d6
[dice]3[/dice]
oops 2d8
[dice]4[/dice] so 14 damage including joker
Last edited by Conrad on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Norona

Post by Norona »

Touching down and transforming back into his natural form Norona watches with amazement as Johnny's Glitterboy obliterates a building on the other side of the river.

To wield such destructive power is a terrible responsibility

Inspired by Johnny's long range shooting, Norona un-slings his Wilk's 447 and lays down in the grass by the riverbed. As he touches the eye knot tattoo on his forehead it begins to glow blue then he looks down the barrel of his rifle, trying to target a bandit.

OOC:
Casting Farsight
PPE: 3
EP Expenditure: (1 EP) Automatic Ace to any Trait or Skill Roll (must be declared before rolling)
Spellcasting: Auto Ace: 8
Exploding: [dice]2[/dice]
Total: 12 (success with 2 raises) - Half Range penalties (-2 for long) and double range for Wilk's 447 (80/160/320)

PPE Used to date: 6
PPE Remaining: 9
Johnny Whateley

JD

"Roger on new target priority!"

Adjusting for a quick scan for the mercs that were pointed out, Schoolboy fires the boom gun.

OOC:
Magicked Shooting:
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die
[dice]1[/dice]

Spend 1 benny for a reroll (hope the other roll is better...if not...)

[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

And a 2 point offset from the Sensor Suite for distance penalties.

I gotta remember the Extra Effort roll instead of the trad reroll for Bennies.

Damage:
[dice]4[/dice] (includes the +4 for the Smite cast from Deezy)
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

Conrad tries to draw the murder wraith away from Beretta. He shoots with the silver rounds and hits the Murder Wraith right where he was aiming. The shot just bounces off his target just like all the other shots. Knowing that there is help on the other side of the river, Conrad tries to guide it to benefit the team and just random destruction. “Whoever is on that Boom Gun across the river, aim for the mercs near the building you just destroyed. I’ve got this guy."

The shock of the boon gun is something else for Aderyn, he is stunned.

Johnny takes the instructions from Conrad without question and aligns his target for the bandit on the north end of the pier. The Boom gun sends its payload down range across the river and what was once a bandit ended up turning into an new age art project on the buildings walls.

Beretta is handed the silver knife from conrad via his tail, however there is some concern on if its even effective at this point.

The Murder Wraith looks right into the sensors for the Glitter Boy. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Do you think that your toys are going to do anything to me?"

The Mercs are not sticking around after seeing a second Glitter Boy that is able to shoot across the river and hit his targets. Those who can see from across the river sees several troops run towards the back of the buildings. Unfortunately there is no good line of sight to shoot them any more.

Dezzy flies across the river once again knowing she had helped the new Glitter Boy able to shoot his targets. Another satisfied customer. Now she has to come up with a payment plan or purchase options.

Norona has a realization that he is able to support the team from the far side of the river. Norona is able to see the bandits as they turn the corner.

Behind the west side of the river, a rift opens up causing the helicopter to avoid it or be caught in the middle of a missile barrage. Out of the rift steps a young atlantean who looks behind him as the rift closes up. The blast of the barrage can be felt through the rift as it closes, the dust cover his face. As the Atlantean looks around, he can hear the helicopter flying off with cargo and destination unkown. His attention is brought to the river side with the resounding booms from the Glitter Boy close buy. First glance is out of one fight, into another. But who are the fighters? What is the cause? What do you do now?

Baretta: 4C
Dezzy: 9C
Conrad: 5D
Johnny: 3D
Norona: KC
Murder wraith: 6D
Mooks: 4D
Aderyn: 3D
Tarin: 4D
Tarin

Post by Tarin »

The young Atlantean feels the oppressive heat first, as beads of sweat materialize on his brow.
“What the hell…” he mumbles.

But through the confusion and frustration he acts. If he can keep the rift-open, all-is-not lost. One hand pulls a black set of goggles down over his eyes and mystic circles flash green over the lenses. The other hand shoots forward to grab at the ethereal energies of the Rift. Hoping that he can hold it just a bit-longer…

(Tarin is reading the Rift using his TW goggles to add +2 to the reading roll and attempting to hold/control the rift before it closes.)
Reading the Rift -2 for multi action +2 for goggles
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Controlling the Rift -2 for multi-action +4 for IF
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"Schoolboy!" Deezy calls to the glitterboy she'd enhanced. "Shoot the...the other thing! The undead thing! Beretta can shoot the regular guys!"

She aims her targeting laser, painting the murder wraith as she continues flying into the fray at a pace frustratingly slower than the hypersonic railgun rounds the massive power armor is spitting.
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Aderyn was still trying to memorize the names in the dozier when it was already time to get down as a wolfman hop in, which left Aderyn with more questions than answers and a confounded expression on his face, but the ride was gone before he could mutter much or something worth while.

Turning around to the all to familiar sounds of battle and begin to move close enough before hitting the ground to shoot from a better position an explosion out of nowhere greets Aderyn leaving a ringing on his ears and leaving him with not much also but crawling to aposition of cover and with view and try to make sense of what was happening.

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Johnny Whateley

3D:

"All right, all right, all right," Schoolboy replies to Deezy as he adjusts accordingly. "Boom gun focusin' on the Big Nasty across the way!"

"Deezy? Might want to cover your ears again and hold tight."

Schoolboy fires.

OOC:
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Bennie for Extra Effort

[dice]3[/dice]

Ace roll:
[dice]4[/dice]

Total roll: 10

Damage
[dice]2[/dice]

Raise Damage:
[dice]5[/dice]

Ace on Raise Damage:
[dice]6[/dice]

2nd Ace on Raise Damage:
[dice]7[/dice]

FINAL DAMAGE COUNT: 58
OOC:

* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad
Initiative 5D (after the murder wraith, but before Johnny Whately)

His tail whipped out, scooping up his plasma ejector and pistol and dropping the heavy weapon into his main hand. Taking quick aim, he shouted
“I’m using Deezy’s Techno Wizard enhancement. This should hurt him." And opened fire at the feet of the Murder Wraith causing the section of dock to burst into flames to force him back long enough to escape. I'm hoping these things are generally pretty dumb.

Ooc
Walk back 5”
Smarts trick – contested roll to get the Murder Wraith to withdraw from combat for a moment so Berretta can get out of the blast radius.
[dice]0[/dice]
benny to reroll that
[dice]1[/dice]
wild dice I forgot about
[dice]2[/dice]

Return to “Adventure Archive”