View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Garnet Town Gambit 
Author Message
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
Ulrich leans in when Chevy speaks quietly next to him and nods. "If you vould excuse us Fraulein. Specialist Chevy vishes to confer vith me for a moment. If you haf any questions please ask specialist Zima. She iz a goot voman both in und out uf battle."

Ulrich will enter the Bop trough the side door and wait for Chevy to enter before closing it so they can speak in private. With a smile Ulrich's manner changes to a more relaxed one "Vhat are you vishingk to discuss Chevy?"

OOC Comments
Notice total 16 daaaaaaaaamn. Ulrich is counting seeing pretty much everything with his cybernetic array acting on full ping.
Skill 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Ace 1d8 = 6 (6)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Chevy sits down in his seat and flips a few switches. A hiss indicates the Bop is sealed, and a low almost inaudible hum fills the cabin.

"Just want to make sure there're no Coalsack ears joining the party," he explains. Without preamble, he unloads his thoughts.

"Chief, I don't know how much you know about the Black Market, but I've... had plenty of dealings with them.

"This doesn't smell right. The Black Market usually offers the carrot before they unleash the stick. Having a bunch of Brodkil just show up and start harassing the village just isn't their style.

"Now it could be one of them thought using the Market's rep would make things easier. Maybe. Or someone is using them as a goad to push his schpiel." Chevy has no need to say the name to know who he's referring to.

"All I'm saying is, if we're gonna stay and help these folks, we gotta make sure of all the angles, y'know?"

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek with the all clear from Uhlrich lands in the fields south of town. Lots of activity for a town so small, he thinks to himself.

He believes that everything he needs to be concerned with is East, West, and South. Stretching out his wings and whipping his tail behind him, AwkTek stretches with his head and neck stretched out. Seeing nothing obscuring his view, he takes his time watching each sector.

Notice 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
*
Notice Total [ 1 ]

Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
*
Wild Notice Total [ 3 ]

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
Chevy wrote:
Notice: Original post: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Chevy sits down in his seat and flips a few switches. A hiss indicates the Bop is sealed, and a low almost inaudible hum fills the cabin.

"Just want to make sure there're no Coalsack ears joining the party," he explains. Without preamble, he unloads his thoughts.

"Chief, I don't know how much you know about the Black Market, but I've... had plenty of dealings with them.

"This doesn't smell right. The Black Market usually offers the carrot before they unleash the stick. Having a bunch of Brodkil just show up and start harassing the village just isn't their style.

"Now it could be one of them thought using the Market's rep would make things easier. Maybe. Or someone is using them as a goad to push his schpiel." Chevy has no need to say the name to know who he's referring to.

"All I'm saying is, if we're gonna stay and help these folks, we gotta make sure of all the angles, y'know?"


Ulrich nods rubbing his chin. "Agreed. I haf had some dealingk vith zhem but not much. Zhis situation reaks uf trouble."

"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"

OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice Die 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 for Alertness


As Ulrich leaves with Chevy Adam offers the mayor his hand and if she takes it he shakes her hand and nods respectfully.

"As the commander says Madam Mayor the Legion is not interested in strong arming anyone into anything. Very much the opposite actually. While I'm sure the Legion would not turn down an offer of alliance from anyone that shared the ideals of Castle Refuge we are far more interested in ensuring that all people have the chance to determine their own destiny in peace. If you will excuse me I will go meet with your engineers and see what we can do to protect your town."

Nodding to the Mayor once more he takes his leaves and heads towards the town's water wheel.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Ulrich wrote:
Ulrich nods rubbing his chin. "Agreed. I haf had some dealingk vith zhem but not much. Zhis situation reaks uf trouble."

"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"



With his helmet off in the privacy of the Bop, Ulrich can see Chevy grimace in thought.

"This is nowhere near my usual travel routes, and it's not like I can send word to any of my known contacts and expect an answer in time to be any good. If there is a Black Market contact in town, though, they'll have a hidden sign I might be able to suss out by taking a walk around town."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice roll carries over...

OOC Comments
If you want me to roll anything for this just let me know and I'll add it here.

Meeting with the townspeople that have a background in construction and civil engineering at the Water Wheel Adam relays what information he has on defensive works.

"The strength of your defenses will depend a great deal on the tools we have to work with," Adam tells the assembled group. "Even a few pieces of heavy farming machinery will be of great benefit. Given your location next to the river I believe your best option is to combine a ditch with a low sloped wall around ten to fifteen feet high. How effective that wall will be against heavy weapons will depend greatly on the sort of building materials you have available."

On the ground Adam makes a rough sketch of the town and the adjacent river. "Given the location of the river it should be rudimentary work to dig a ditch all the way around the town's perimeter and even filled with water if desired giving you an actual moat. Not completely effective against power armor or robot armor such as what the commander or Zima pilots but it will give most bandits pause. You engineers will have to figure out the logistics but historically you want it to be about as deep as whatever you are trying to keep out. So I would think that would be between two and four meters I think."

Adam looks at the assembled townsfolk to see that they are still following him. "Back to the wall," he continues, "you can probably use a lot of the dirt from the ditch as part of your wall construction. Again dirt isn't going to be great against heavy weapons but it can stop a laser well enough. In any case from what I've read you can use it as the core of the wall and sheath it in whatever materials you might have. I know you want the wall to have a noticeable slope so it can better deflect some of the energy of whatever is being shot at it which in turn will make it harder to put a hole in."

"Then you will want to build some watchtowers to keep an eye on those in the fields and that can give a warning to get under cover if bandits show up. You'll want to figure out the best sight lines and some of the towers may have to be built outside the walls. Maybe some of them can be built to be portable so you can drag them to whichever field you are working on." Adam pauses then continues, "Now that I think on it the towers should probably be built first. I know you people are not going to want to leave the fields unattended any longer than you need to. It will take time to figure out the design and logistics for the wall anyway."

Looking around at the gathered workers once more Adam takes a deep breath, "I want to stress that I can't promise anything at this time but I want you to know I plan on asking the commander to officially request from Castle Refuge a shipment of whatever building materials and equipment you may need for this project. In fact I'll also request engineering support as well. There are a whole lot of Dwarves back there that just loves building stuff. This also assumes, of course, that your Mayor signs off on the request as well. I will make sure the Legion knows this would be a no strings attached offer. Having neighbors that can take care of themselves would be a great help to stabilizing this whole region and discourage those that might want to interfere in your affairs as well as ours."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
Chevy wrote:
Notice: Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"[/color][/b]


With his helmet off in the privacy of the Bop, Ulrich can see Chevy grimace in thought.

"This is nowhere near my usual travel routes, and it's not like I can send word to any of my known contacts and expect an answer in time to be any good. If there is a Black Market contact in town, though, they'll have a hidden sign I might be able to suss out by taking a walk around town."[/quote]

Ulrich nods "Zhank you Mr Chevy. Do vhat you can. If Zhere is a rep here in hiding i am not looking to out zhem, just see if they von, are zhe actual perpetrators uf zhe abdutions und two, if zhey care."

"If zhe organization's name iz beingk used like zhis, zhey might not like haffingk zhere reputation used in such a manner and might just to vant to see everyvon brought back home. In vhich case zhey might offer assistance. Even information vill help."

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Ulrich wrote:
Ulrich nods "Zhank you Mr Chevy. Do vhat you can. If Zhere is a rep here in hiding i am not looking to out zhem, just see if they von, are zhe actual perpetrators uf zhe abdutions und two, if zhey care."

"If zhe organization's name iz beingk used like zhis, zhey might not like haffingk zhere reputation used in such a manner and might just to vant to see everyvon brought back home. In vhich case zhey might offer assistance. Even information vill help."


Chevy nods. "On it, Chief."

He pauses. "What are we gonna do about those two yahoos? I don't trust them farther than I can reach with my rifle. There's a good chance one or the other's up to no good and these folk may get caught in the crossfire."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
"Zhey are not to be treated as hostiles yet. Zhis is a delicate situation ve haf here und I do not vant a firefight in town so ve need to keep our relations vith either uf zhem to a minimum."

"Zhat beingk said if it is not zhe black market und is von uf zhem playing games for political gain zhen zhe uther vill use zhat to try und gain a foothold. I say ve support zhe town's independence as strongkly as ve can vhile ve make sure zhey haf zhe means to defend zhemselves "

"I vill make it obvious if und vhen either or both parties are hostile and to be treated as hot targets."


With that Ulrich gives Chevy a salute.

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Last edited by Ulrich on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek lays stretched out in the remnants of the summer fields where the crops have been harvested. There are an occassional stalk of corn left untouched and even from his spot he can see mice and the like quickly securing the kernals of corn for the harsher part of the winter to come.

AwkTek's earpiece is currently set for transmitting in and out and he notices that conversations from the Nameless have ceased. He gathers himself and uses the massive length of his body to elevate his head so he can observe the surrounding areas once more before relaxing once more. Short cat naps never hurt.

Notice 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
*Ace Notice 1d4 = 2 (2)
*
Notice Total [ 4 ]

Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
*
Wild Notice Total [ 1 ]

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Ulrich wrote:
With that Ulrich gives Chevy a salute.


Chevy returns it with a pinched face. "Roger wilco, Chief."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 12:45p Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Sunny, 72 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Image
Map Key

Symon gives Ulrich a charming smile as the team leader gives the Federation rep a lesson team building.

After acknowledging Ulrich's lesson and offer with an appreciative smile and slight bow, Mayor Lithari approaches Tanya. She places a thin hand on the Glitter Boy pilot's shoulder. "You are wise, and thank you. I am honored to have a brave Glitter Boy pilot here." It's not quite melodramatic, but clearly the mayor has the impression all Glitter Boy pilots are paragons of honor.

Before more conversations can continue between the Mayor and Ulrich, he is pulled to the side by the introspective Chey.

Adam seizes the opportunity to share his ideas with the Mayor. She gives him her blessing to try his hand at fortifying the town. He heads off towards the water wheel, the tall tower easy to spot across the town. As he approaches, about a block away from the wheel, he sees Symon hanging out in the doorway watching with a smile. The Mayor uses this opportunity to send Von off to alert the townspeople of the need for their help. He scampers off randomly bouncing from building to building, house to house.

The fields are a comfortable as Awktech settles in. There is a bit of smoldering in the grass around him, but the land is damp enough not to catch on fire. The steam is comforting. His view is clear to the town and by turning his head all the way around he can observe the small CS encampment. There is a small, cultivated forest in the way if he tries to see the road between town and camp. Perhaps because a bucolic environment like this is unusual to the you dragon, he can't tell what's out of place and what's not. Oh, there CS soldier to be sure, but they seem to be behaving themselves.

When Ulrich and Chevy hop down from Bop, the Mayor returns her attention to the team leader. She says, "I understand your goals here. You have proven you altruism by rescuing my son and asking nothing in return. All of the others offered help only at a cost. I am once in your debt already, I am going to beg you to let me add to that indebtedness. I believe you can help us to rid of our problem. Can you locate where the Black Market is holding my people an bring them back, safely." Her voice cracks, but she continues, mustering her strength. She has been denying help for so long now, that asking for it is a struggle. "We...I...will all be very grateful. I can't offer anything more than that."

When Adam gets to the Wheel, he sees Egil inside chatting with a local.

Fortificating
Adam: Knowledge: Archaeology (Dramatic Task)
Rounds:
[list=]
[*] KD
[*] 7D
[*] QC (Roll -2)
[*] 7S
[*] 9D
[/list]
Zima: Knowledge: Battle (just once)


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Knowledge (Battle)

Skill: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace! 1d6 = 2 (2) Total 8

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


The legacy of the Glitter Boy was a burden sometimes, it was true ... but Tanya's nature would have been to help in any event, whether she had come to Garnet Town at the bidding of the Tomorrow Legion, or on her own. Probably that was why the suit had been passed to her in the first place. Anticipating a positive reply from the Corporal, she gave a curt nod. "We will do all that we can. I would be surprised if there was not some unseen hand at work here. We will discover it, if we can, and do everything in our power to return your people home." As she finished her declaration, Tanya glanced back to Ulrich for confirmation--confident in the Corporal's agreement and support (it was their job description, after all), but in military style, giving her superior the last word--and veto, if necessary, though she doubted it would be.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Ulrich's eye meet Zima a she nods at her as if togive her an affirmation that what she has said was the plan. He saw no need to keep trying to assert himself into every conversation that the Mayor had with Zima. Shoving rank in people's faces is not how a real CO leads in Ulrich's opinion. Also the Mayor seemed to think highly of glitterboys so it would seem Zima is there best PR rep in this settlement.

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
Having noticed quite a silence, AwkTek figures the silence is indication that he can speak and does so across the comms.

"Uhlrich, not sure what else i should be looking for out here. Is someone available to give me some pointers."

Notice 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
*
Notice Total [0]

Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
*
Wild Notice Total [2]

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 Alertness

First 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 for Scholar
With no little amount of trepidation Adam and the town's craftsmen start work on the town's defenses. Using what heavy machinery they have available the ditch around the town begins to take shape. At more than three meters deep and six meters wide Adam is sure it will become an adequate deterrent to future raiders acting against the town itself. On Adam's recommendation they are using the inner edge of the planting fields as the guide for the outer edge of the ditch leaving some room inside the area where the wall would be build for future expansion.

Second 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Scholar
As work on the ditch continues another work crew begins construction the the bridge that will become the main access in and out of town. Yet another work party takes the spoilage from the ditch and begins work on the wall that will provide further cover. Adam hopes that in the future they will be able to convince Castle Refuge to "loan" building materials and proper engineering help to further improve the defenses. But for now he likes what he sees so far.

Third 4
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Scholar
-2 for Complications
Work continues apace and despite the fact that the plans were drawn up by a committee of amateurs led by an archeologist things were going amazingly well. That is until suddenly work in the ditch comes to a sudden halt! The workers have uncovered a massive boulder right in the middle of the projected path of the ditch! Nearly the size of Ulrich's Skorpion it appears to weigh on the order of several tons. Going around it seems impractical but fortunately this something that Adam has encountered before. Digging things up carefully was a common task in his old life and he was able to successfully describe the sort of block and tackle arrangement they needed to safely move the boulder inside the ditch perimeter where they could later break it up safely.

Fourth 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
+2 for Scholar
With the ditch nearly complete but for the last few meters on each side needed to connect it to the river work continues in earnest on the wall. With primarily rock and earth to work with Adam takes a page from the ancient Indians of the southwest and has the town go out and gather up as much straw and chaff as they can from the fields. Mixing this with water and the clay which comprises most of the earth that had been dug up earlier will allow the whole structure to dry into an adobe like substance.

Fifth 6
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Scholar
Construction is nearly complete and the town carpenters have completed the gate to guard the the gap in the wall where the bridge allows access into town. Adam would like to place charges to allow the bridge to be destroyed in case of an emergency but that would require the talents of a sapper and unfortunately there just isn't one to be found. In the meantime Zima is able to step in and help survey the best spots to place watchtowers around the perimeter and work crews begin construction on those as well. Compared to recent labors this is a fairly trivial task and the first tower quickly takes shape. Finally Ulrich is able to use his Skorpion's plasma guns to clear the last few meters of the ditch and allow the river in. Scuttling around to the other side the task is complete with a gout of mud and steam as he blasts away the plug on the other side of the town.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Explosion: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Total: 10



Egil looks the bearded man straight in the eye, cocking his head as if sizing him up.

“I don’t want nothin’ from a miller. Unless you got somethin’ to do with those brodkil snathchin’ folks. Then I want yer blood. And I want your soul. And I want them both right now!”

After a strained second or two, the psi-stalker starts giggling.

“I’m sorry, man. I think I shouldn't've been wathchin’ so many of those old vids when they made me the Edge. Those lines just pop in my head and I can’t help myself from sayin’ ‘em. But I did mean it though, those brodkil gave us a hard time and I’m aiming’ to find out why. You ain’t scared like the rest of these folks. So that tells me you are more than just a miller. You with Lieutenant Beehand? Huh, I just realized that ryhmes with Leiutenant Dan….but Lieutenant Dan ain’t got no legs. You think Beehand got cyber-legs and lost his real legs, too? Maybe he has bees that shoot out of his hands….I’ll bet that is why they call him Bee-hand. That’s pretty messed up, but I guess kinda cool in a way. Not sure what shootin’ bees out of your hand would be good for. Anyway, careful how you answer, cause if you know secret stuff about Bee-hand...you just might be a Coaltion Spy. My team...that SHALL NOT BE NAMED….don’t like Coaltion Spys….so I hope you ain’t one. I also hope you ain’t helpin’ those brodkil cause that’ll get you on our bad side, too. You don’t wanna be on our bad side.

It seems like the psi-stalker will go on forever, but at the commotion of the construction outside, his curiosity of what’s going on gets the best of him.

“Well, miller-man, I need to check back in to see what’s goin’ on. So say somethin’ why don’t ya? I’ve been doin’ all the talkin’ here.

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 12:50p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Sunny, 72 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Image
Map Key

While the construction mayhem under Adam's direction encompasses the whole town, Zima and her Glitter Boy are icons of the Nameless' presence. Ulrich and his bot are maybe more menacing, but the people just don't find it as inspiring.

Work work work. The construction keeps a lot of the people busy, and more importantly keeps them together. The day after the Nameless arrive, no one gets taken.

The construction project occupies much of Adam's time. All his charisma is needed to manage the townsfolk. The mayor helps some, but leaves it to the Nameless to handle the task, encouraging her citizens when needed. Beehan comes in from time to time. He watches with some constructive comments, but almost always accompanied by "with the Coalition's help...". However, he thinks it's a good move, and even volunteers a few of his men to help. At the opposite end of the spectrum is Symon. He is completely negative about the effort, but always under the guise of being helpful. Ulrich noticed that a couple times during the day he leaves the town.

Egil has a very productive conversation with the miller. The man's name is Jonas, and he doesn't seem at all happy with what is happening around the town. And he turns out to be the actual rep for the Black Market in these parts. Egil's confident the guy is legit. So when he snorts in a blustery, aggravated voice, “I can tell you this, whoever is behind the abductions, they aren’t the Black Market. Doesn’t make any business sense, y’see. There’s a smuggling route here in town, sure enough, but why mess around with a sure thing by kidnapping folks?” The miller shakes his head. “Way I see it, someone is trying to cast blame on the Black Market to distract people from his own plans.” He scowls, then says, "I sure hope your little project here doesn't mess with my business too much. Think you can put in a word to that boss of yours, make sure he doesn't foul things up for me?"

Coming together at the end of the day, the Nameless take a look over the handiwork. As they are surveying the perimeter, Ulrich, from the Skorpion, spots a small flare of heat to the east up around the oxbow. It would have been nearly impossible to spot during the day.


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
Ulrich keys his coms and speaks.

"Attention nameless squad I have small heat bloom to the east up around the oxbow. I am moving to investigate. Please move in to support my flanks in case of ambush."

Ulrich moves his robot close enough to get a good sensor sweep but not to alert whatever it might be and begins scanning for the source of the heat.

OOC Comments
Notice roll
Skill 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Chevy taps his helmet comm. "Roger wilco, Chief. Send the coords and I'll cover the roadside flank."

As he makes his way to the Bop, he puts out the call on the channel, "Anyone who needs a ride, all aboard!"

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek takes off from his spot in southern summer field and heads due east attempting to approach from the southern end of the oxbow.

He thinks to himself how strange it was that he did not notice the heat plume prior to settling down in the field.

"Uhlrich I am taking to the air and will attempt to approach the location from the south."

Making careful manuevers to stay out of range of the CS forces south of Garnet Town, AwkTek flies towards the noted location.

Notice 1d4-2 = -1 (1)
*
Notice Total [-1]

Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
*
Wild Notice Total [1]

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Alertness


"Well, so much for the fun stuff. Time to go earn our lordly salaries." Adam takes off towards the BoP at a trot. "Radecliffe here, I'm on my way."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3 (1)



Egil eyes the miller. Raising one eyebrow and then the other in a way that is supposed to be suspicious but comes off cartoonish as Ulrich’s call comes over the radio.

“Look! A dancing Splugorth!”

As Jonas turns around in confusion, Egil runs out the door.

“Roger, Ulrich. I have successfully disengaged from the local Black Market without being detected. On my way to the ‘Bop! Oh yeah, the Black Market had nothin’ to do with the brodkil. They said that kind of stuff would ruin a good thing….which makes sense. I think we still got a mystery to solve. Maybe we ought to start pullin’ people’s faces off to see who is really Mr. Jenkins.”

When he is met with radio silence to his suggestion he mumbles to himself, “Well I thought it was a good idea,” and lopes off to intercept the ‘Bop.

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Alertness +2
Sensors +2

As Adam reaches the BoP he hops in and settles into the weapon's station and fires up the sensors. "Initiating a full sensor sweep..." He does a careful 360 sweep ending with the coordinates indicated by Ulrich.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Tanya had been caught outside her armor: much of the day had been spent advising or actively helping Radcliffe and the townsfolk, but when the call came over the radio, she heeded it at once--though with a brief pause to fire off a Russian curse that hadn't seen the light of day in a couple of years. Her annoyance was less for the summons itself and more for the rush to her armor it necessitated. By the time she reached the towering Glitter Boy, thankfully not very far off, Tanya was thinking hard about a cybernetic replacement. After taking a fraction of a moment to rest her leg, she climbed into the Glitter Boy, powered it up, and moved to support the Skorpion.

"This is Zima: I am on the move. If there is an ambush, we have surprise of our own."

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:50p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:?? (Note: I forgot to update this to nighttime in the last post, it's night time)
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Image
Map Key

OVER THE RIVER
It sucks. John had been working his way across the country and normally it was just piece work. A little here, doing this, a little there, doing that. When Strickland hired him to do some manual labor building a camp, it didn't seem that big of a deal. When he was excavating what Strickland called a "storage room", John started to wonder. Then he put the bars on. Then the brodkil showed up, with the wizard guy. They put John in the cage. That would have been bad enough, but when they started kidnapping people and sticking them in the cage too, those people were scared of John. It made it hard to get along.

And to keep him in place, now the wizard guy, Symon, has threatened John that if he does anything, they will kill a villager. The robot pilot seems perfectly happy to have taken advantage of John, willing to use his TX-500 Forager Combat Robot's powerful weapons to keep him in check. Lame.


AND THROUGH THE WOODS
As Ulrich approaches, the heat bloom resolves into several power sources. First, is what is probably a generator. There might also be a robot. The ground was warmed during the day and is releases the accumulated heat as the evening cools, but even still, a generator puts out a lot of heat. And an active robot puts out significant heat as well. The Skorpoin steps into the river for the best view. He's maybe a mile from the heat sources.

Without dipping into the river, Bop needs to stay about 50 feet to the Skorpion's left side, but he has a very good view of the heat source as well, he's not as sure of the identification of the heat, but clearly there are two bogeys.

Lifting from his comfy spot in the field the Nameless dragon takes a leisurely flight around the CS forces. He can't quite make out the target area, but the Skorpion's yellow paint job is easy enough to see, so he knows he's in the right spot. He spots the other moving into action aswell. Egils white head sticking out of the dark armor is an easy beacon too, but then he's swallowed up by Bop just like Adam.

Inside Bop, Adam activates the weapons systems and gets his own view of the targets. He confirms Ulrich's analysis. There is a generator and a 'bot.

During the brief rest, the Mayor approaches Zima, she's noticed the sudden activity. "What's going on?" he asks bluntly, "I won't hold you up, just, keep my people safe."

Timing
This is the "approach" post, so it'll be abstract. The next one I'll post a detailed map - this goes for John too. I have pictured you guys with Ulrich just in the water near the oxbow, Bop just north of him, Zima just north of that. The beach is pretty passable for Bob. Where Zima is, the terrain is more scrubby with patches of deciduous trees (early fall?). Awktech is right about where the "M" in Mississippi is on the map. The camp is in that clearing looking area to the far east of the map just north of the river.



Dragon Buddy
Awktech wrote:
He thinks to himself how strange it was that he did not notice the heat plume prior to settling down in the field.
- They didn't have it on!



What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Notice Total [0]
Notice Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Aced Notice Wild 1d6 (4)
Wild Total [8]


"The Deadheads appear settled in for the evening South of us. What is up ahead?"

AwkTek hopes he can catch smells or hints of things on the wind if it is blowing from east to west.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Last edited by AwkTech on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4 (2)



Egil peer over Adam’s shoulder to see the sensor readout. When he speaks, his tone isn’t the normal scatterbrained stream of consciousness. It’s obvious, he’s switched to a more predatory mentality, which is unnerving.

Over the comms, “Permission to approach and scout the situation on foot, boss.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Alertness
+2 for Sensors
Adam keys his own mic, "Seems like a good idea to me boss. And if Awktek were to fly casual like around the far side if there's anyone over there keeping an eye out they might get caught looking in the wrong direction."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Chevy adds his own two creds'. "It is a good idea to check whose door we're knocking down before we do."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
"Like what I did with Deadhead camp south west of us?"

AwkTek begins a series of slow angled turns where necessary to get himself in position to appear from the east of heat plume.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:41 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Radecliffe wrote:
Notice 7
Notice Die Original post: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die Original post: 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Alertness
+2 for Sensors
Adam keys his own mic, "Seems like a good idea to me boss. And if Awktek were to fly casual like around the far side if there's anyone over there keeping an eye out they might get caught looking in the wrong direction."


Intentional or not, this made me laugh. +1 bennie!

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 265
Reply with quote
Chevy wrote:
Notice: Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: Original post: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Chevy adds his own two creds'. "It is a good idea to check whose door we're knocking down before we do."


"Agreed. Ve do not know for sure zhat zhey are hostiles or not first off. Second, if ve could grab a few alive ve could question zhem about the nature uf the abductions und if zhere iz anyvon to recover. Also knowingk the exact strength uf zhe forces harassingk zhis town vould be goot az vell."

OOC Comments
Notice
skill 1d8+2 = 7 (5)
wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Psionics 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)

Stealth 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)


Egil, uncharacteristically quiet, takes a moment to focus and activate the implants in his skull and then opens the B’op door and slips into the forest, loping along from tree to tree towards the source of the heat plumes.

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)

+2 for Glitter Boy sensors: 5 total


Though the bulk of her attention was on the looming confrontation with ... whatever was out there, Tanya's mind returned to Mayor Lithari.

Quote:

"What's going on? I won't hold you up, just ... keep my people safe."



"A heat-bloom to the east--could be anything, but it's likely connected to whoever is kidnapping your people. We will do everything we can to guard everyone's safety."

At least the source was outside of the settlement proper: she hated the thought of the collateral damage she might cause if things came to a showdown in the middle of Garnet Town. The suit could handle it, but she wasn't the best fighter: up-close work, she was sure, was better left for Egil, or maybe AwkTech. In spite of everything the Glitter Boy suit did for her, without the skill for close-combat, the right opponent could potentially get up-close and personal and damage the suit enough to pull her out of it. Then she'd be in big trouble.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:50p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:?? (Note: I forgot to update this to nighttime in the last post, it's night time)
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

SCOUTING THE CAMP (BORING, I KNOW, BUT IT'S LATE!)
Flying in from the east, Awtech a great view of the bad guy camp. He's even in time to spot the big robot stroll out into the water and submerge. (Awktech sees everything on the detailed map). He can't tell what the material barring the cave entrance is however.

Adam can see clearly the glow of a fire over a stand of trees. As Bop edges around the bend in the river, he can see the enemy camp Adam sees multiple brodkil, but can't get a solid count or ID the leader.

Chevy doesn't have trouble driving Bop along the flat beach, but it does require some concentration. As he rounds the corner, he is able to get a good view of the camp, including the total number of enemies and a clear ID on the largest brodkil. The entry to the cave is blocked by metal bars lashed together, and in Chevy's professional they might be mdc material.

Egil moves from tree to tree, not like a ghost, but not any noisier than a forest critter. He reaches the edge of the small woods, and looks out on a relatively flat beach-like area with a sandstone ridge along the northern edge of it. Egil sees everything on the detailed map except for the Forager concealed in the river. He can't get a count of the bad guys, or ID the leader. He can tell that some simple metal bars have been lashed together over the cave entrance.

Ulrich in the Skorpion has pretty much the same assessment of the situation as Adam and Egil. He sees a bunch of brodkil sitting around, but no specifics.

Zima breaks through the treeline just north of Egil's position. Her view is like Ulrich, Adam and Egil.

Ooooh Notes
At first the brodkil are just lazing around, eating, fighting each other, wandering over to the prison, or otherwise just milling about. Everyone but Egil will be visible once they can see the camp (you can't see the camp until you pass through or around the woods). They don't see Awktech at all. He can have the "drop" on the bad guys.

I will draw action cards here, but you can decide whether you are in the trees (and hidden, but requiring movement to get a view on the camp) or starting in view.

Action cards:
Brodkil Group 3 JOKER
Adam KS
Forager* KH
Zima QH
Egil JD
Brodkil Group 2 10S
Ulrich 10C
Awktech 9D
Brodkil Group 4 8H
Brodkil Group 1 7H
Chevy 5H
Agor* (brodkil leader) 3H

Conditional:
John 10H

And finally, I'd like to try something new. If I've done it right, I've enabled editing for the map. You should be able to move your token where you want it. I'll move the brodkil correspondingly when I do the next gm post. Also note that convert your ranges and movement amounts to real units and use the ruler tool to keep track of distances. If you have a specific path you want to take, use the draw line tool. In other words, use the features of the maps!

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:33 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice die 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
+2 Sensors, +2 Alertness

Adam adjusts the sensor settings and checks to see all weapon systems are on standby ready to attack if the order is given (or worse) if they are discovered and attacked.

OOC Comments
Holding action. Basically waiting until Chevy does his thing and/or Ulrich decides to attack and/or they spot us and come a running.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek for once notices quite well the view below. "(Cobra Commander) Skorpion we have Brodkil. I can remove the generator and put the camp's lights out. Nobody sees a dragon when he is stealthy."

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 am
Posts: 11
Location: SE Michigan
Reply with quote
John hadn’t moved since the other prisoners came in. He sat in a corner of the cage, knees tucked up by his face, eyes scanning the strange creatures. He thought it best not to try to convince the cowering folk that he wasn’t going to eat them like the red soldiers claimed. Not to explain that he was a prisoner just like them. He was never much good with jabber and this deal wasn’t the best for it. So he sat, unblinking, unbreathing, unmoving. He counted and considered as day became night became day and then night again. His gear was out there somewhere. Out closer to the giant machine that bubbled up the river when it disappeared beneath the waters.

The red and silver critters might be demons. Based on the casual chat about armor and the few injuries he saw, pulling them apart bare-handed was in the cards. Then he would grab one of those fancy hum-swords and do some real work. There were a heap of them, so using the forest’s shadows under cover of night would be the best chance. However, that took time and would mean that the folk would have to escape first. Not an option. Strickland knew that the other prisoners would keep him in line. This was a bad deal.

A furnace shrieking out for butchery warmed his chest. He would split open every one of those shiny soldiers. Not Strickland, though. He would grab that small man and drag him into the river he seemed to cherish. He would watch as his teeth gnashed at the mere inches of water between him and the air, arms flailing useless above the current. However, just for now, John waited.


Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Explosion 1d6 = 6 (6)
Explosion 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 15




Egil maintains his general location but adjusts his position to get an optimal view of the camp. He then keys his mic, “Boss, I’m seein’ some kind of makeshift cage over the cave entrance. Might be our missin’ townsfolk. Or it could be somethin’ else. Maybe these brodkil caught somethin’. I wonder if I can eat it. I wonder what it tastes like. I wonder if the brodkil have an influence on how it tastes or it has an influence on how the brodkil taste….uh...yeah..sorry inside the head voice again.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)

+2 for Glitter Boy Sensors = 6 total

Action: Digging in!


Tanya stopped short as she stepped out of the treeline, catching sight of the Brodkil. Range was one thing she wasn't overly concerned about: she immediately activated her Glitter Boy's stabilization system--all too aware that the enemy was likely aware of her. But I'm not alone here: oh, no, she thought with a grin as she brought her weapon to bear.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:50p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:?? (Note: I forgot to update this to nighttime in the last post, it's night time)
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

DIGGING IN
The Nameless dig in, Awktech swooping around dangerously overhead. But as they take up positions, some of the bad guys start to take notice. The first things they notice are Bop and the Skorpion. The big brodkil stands up, looks and points. Another group, with a combination of cybernetics also spot the two vehicles. Then they seem in their suspicion, to search a little harder. Spotting the Glitter Boy they start to get agitated, but the remaining brodkil still seem oblivious, going about fighting or eating. They have no clue that Egil or Awktech are there.

From inside the cage, John can hear the brodkil start to get agitated, the big one grunting an yelling, some of the others starting to join in as well. It's hard to tell if it's just their normal state of perpetual rage or if there's something more going on. The longer he listens, the more he realizes they are shouting about enemies attacking.

Ooooh Notes
At first the brodkil are just lazing around, eating, fighting each other, wandering over to the prison, or otherwise just milling about. Everyone but Egil will be visible once they can see the camp (you can't see the camp until you pass through or around the woods). They don't see Awktech at all. He can have the "drop" on the bad guys.

Action cards (active combat now combat):
Brodkil Group 3 Joker
Adam KS
Forager* KH
Zima QH
Egil JD
Ulrich 10C
Awktech 9D
Chevy 5H
Agor* (brodkil leader) 3H
Brodkil Group 1 HOLD
Brodkil Group 2 HOLD

Conditional:
John 10H

And finally, I'd like to try something new. If I've done it right, I've enabled editing for the map. You should be able to move your token where you want it. I'll move the brodkil correspondingly when I do the next gm post. Also note that convert your ranges and movement amounts to real units and use the ruler tool to keep track of distances. If you have a specific path you want to take, use the draw line tool. In other words, use the features of the maps!

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
+2 Alertness, +2 Sensors
-1 Bennie for Extra Effort
Extra Effort Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
+2 for Elan


Keying his comm Adam sends on the team channel "So boss, what's the plan? Do we go in or wait for them to come to us?"

Hold Action
Waiting until after Chevy does his move. If the BoP remains stationary then I'll do a Aim action on the big Brodkil. Otherwise I'll just post an update based on what everyone else does.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Explosion: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Total = 13

Psionics 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Major Psionics: +1 = 4

Action: Egil draws his weapon and moves to get behind some cover (Medium) as noted on the map while activating Armor. This puts him in long range of his rifle on Brodkil group 1 by my measurement.

Split the Seconds Action: Holding to fire on Brodkil group 1.



Egil moves to a better vantage point, draws his rifle, and channels his psychic energy into toughening up his bone white skin. “I got ‘em in my sights too boss. Ready to rock and roll when you are.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Sidebar
When the Nameless go out to hunt the villains, the townspeople don't rest. The continue working on the wall, taking shifts even through the night. The fortification grows, demonstrating the earnestness of their desire to be self sufficient. During the work, everyone discusses the towns situation, and how best to make life sustainable here. The general consensus is that at some point they will need to make friends. They also feel like the Mayor is navigating this situation better than anyone else, they have full confidence in her.

Time and time again the conversation turns to the Legion. Impressed by the willingness of the team from Castle Refuge to help without asking anything in return. That's probably the best argument any of the groups have made so far.

Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:50p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:?? (Note: I forgot to update this to nighttime in the last post, it's night time)
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

BOOGEY MAN
The monsters don't wait for the Nameless to figure it out. They attack what they can see, which is everyone but Egil.

Brodkil Group 3:
Shoots at Skorpion: burns some paint off but no damage

Brodkil Group 2:
Shoots at Skorpion: everyone of them misses!

Brodkil Group 1:
Runs full tilt towards Zima

Brodkil Leader:
Runs full tilt towards Zima


Action cards (active combat now combat):
Egil Joker!!!
Adam KH
Brodkil Group 1 JD
Zima 10S
Brodkil Group 2 9D
Ulrich 8H
Forager* 7H
Chevy 5D
Awktech 4C
Agor* (brodkil leader) 3S
Brodkil Group 3H

Conditional:
John KS

And finally, I'd like to try something new. If I've done it right, I've enabled editing for the map. You should be able to move your token where you want it. I'll move the brodkil correspondingly when I do the next gm post. Also note that convert your ranges and movement amounts to real units and use the ruler tool to keep track of distances. If you have a specific path you want to take, use the draw line tool. In other words, use the features of the maps![/ooc]
What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
So it's like that, is it? Tanya had held off opening fire because, frankly once the Glitter Boy opens up in a fight, there's not much chance of de-escalation. And despite the fact that she carried the biggest gun, (and it was impressive to see in action, she had to admit), she had little wish to use it on living things, even things as ... foul as the brodkil seemed. But they were charging right at her, and that didn't leave much doubt about what the next course of action had to be.

"I know it will come as a surprise to you all, but my armor seems to have drawn attention, including of the creature that looks like the leader. I'm opening fire."

OOC Comments
Targeting brodkil group 1!

Shooting

Skill: 1d10 = 3 (3)

Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Zima was waiting for word from Ulrich before acting last turn--if we call that an Aim, that adds +2, for a total of 5. I'll leave that to our GM.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
"Zima, Uhlrich said you were the second in command. It seems the Skorpion is stuck in the water at the moment. Draw them from the camp and possibly put Radcliffe here in the camp to help with the captive townsfolk. I will settle into the camp for security and stop the brodkil's return to their camp."

AwkTek continues to circle overhead while calling out troop movements and changes to the battlefield.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:05 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice Die 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Alertness
+2 for Sensors
Adam keys his mic for the team comm channel, "That's a good idea AwkTek though at the moment I'm tied to the BoP and it will take some time to get over there. Zima, it does look like the boss has suffered an engineering casualty and there's no time to wait for him to make contact or get moving so it looks like you are in charge for the time being. Engaging nearest group of brodkil charging in our direction, stand by."

Turning his attention to the weapons panel Adam flips a switch to transfer the controls to the missile launcher and arms a missile. C'mon Adam lets make this a good one and blow this lot to dust bunnies. Gripping the joysticks he maneuvers the reticle and centers his shot on the closer of the two groups of Brodkil he tracks them for a moment then presses the firing stud, "Missile Away!"

Fire Missile 11 Damage 27
Shooting 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Assuming medium range (aprox 230 inches)
Sensors offset 2 points of range and/or darkness penalties
Steady Hands offset movement penalties
Darkness Penalties??? I have no idea
-1 bennie for extra effort
Extra Effort Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
+2 for Elan
Will modify total for darkness penalties (if any) once known but that is at least a hit + raise

Damage 6d6 = 23 (6, 4, 3, 4, 4, 2) + Raise 1d6 = 2 (2) + Ace 1d6 = 2 (2) AP 8


YES! "Looks like a solid hit, scanning..."

Without taking his eyes off the scanners Adam calls down to the driver's compartment "Hey Chevy, your call, you want to move in on the encampment or stay back here and cover for the boss until he gets that hunk of junk moving again?"

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Last edited by Radecliffe on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek continues the gentle hover, beating his wings to the thrumming of the generator. Its the best he can do at being stealthy.

Just as he finishes the thought, he sees a fiery projecticle launch from one of the BOPs missile tubes. It streaks its way through the darkness and detonates in one of the clusters of Brodkil. "That hit looks good. Love the fireworks."

He continues to maintain position when another thought arises. Maybe he could try and calm those trapped in the cage. But he doesn't know anyone down there so a little Telepathy wouldn't work.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Actions and Split the Seconds Actions: Spending Adrenaline Surge Card. Losing it and firing 4 Semi-Auto Shots at Brodkil Leader's ugly mug attempting to bypass any armor. +2 for Joker, +1 for Semi-Auto, +2 for Helmet Optics, -1 for Medium range (halved because of Crazy), -4 for head shot, making all shots flat Shooting rolls except first one at -2 for multi action. If he goes down, continue head shots at Brodkil Group 1. Damage is +7 to each shot (+2 for Joker, +1 for Semi-Auto, +4 for head shots).

Shooting 1d8 = 6 (6) -2 = 4 Extra Effort just in case: 1d6 = 3 (3) = 7 Success
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Damage: 3d6 = 17 (6, 6, 5)
Damage: 2d6 = 8 (2, 6)
Damage: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total Damage: 36 AP 2

Shooting 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Explosion 1d6 = 6 (6)
Explosion 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total 12 Success
Damage: 3d6 = 11 (5, 3, 3)
Damage Raise: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total Damage: 19 AP 2

Shooting 1d8 = 6 (6) Success
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Damage: 3d6 = 15 (6, 6, 3)
Damage: 2d6 = 6 (2, 4)
Total Damage: 28 AP 2

Shooting 1d8 = 7 (7) Success
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Damage: 3d6 = 9 (2, 3, 4)
Total Damage: 16 AP 2


It’s all Egil can do to contain himself waiting for Ulrich’s command. C’mon boss, looks like they see Zima already…..

As the brodkil break and heads towards Zima, Egil picks out what looks to be the meanest and ugliest one of the bunch. When the comms crackle in his ear, the psi-stalker grins, knowing that the wait is finally over. “Be there with you in a minute, Doc, this one is so *gag* so ugly...ugh.. I just have to shoot him in the face. I just can’t have him running around scarin’ folks like that. I mean, it’s a mercy really…

Just a little closer….

“EAT HOT LIGHT AMPLIFICATION BY STIMULATED EMISSION OF RADIATION, DEMON SCUM”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Chevy toggles replies to Radecliffe over the comms, "Prof, I'm heading into the camp. If the townsfolk are there, they'll need cover and be exfiltrated. Just keep the tangos off the Bop while I get us there."

He considers warning the scholar to not waste ordnance, then remembers he'll be compensated by the League for any ammo expended. I love having a sugar daddy, he thinks wryly.

He shifts gears, aims the ATV straight north, and stomps the accelerator, keeping a light finger on the vehicle laser's trigger in case a target presents itself.

Actions:
  • Drive northbound towards the camp.
  • If there are Brodkil still standing in the way, he'll fire the Bop's laser at the nearest one.

OOC Comments
Could someone do me the favor of moving the Bop on the map? I'm on the road and using my tablet, and unfortunately it doesn't play well with Google Maps. Thanks!

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:51p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:?? (Note: I forgot to update this to nighttime in the last post, it's night time)
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

BREAKING CAMP
Combat gets into full swing. The Tomorrow Legion team reacts instantly to the brodkil's hostility, with a variety of deadly results. The Boom Gun signals the Nameless seriousness, while Adam launches heavy ordnance from Bop, which is expertly driven across the rough terrain by Chevy. Awktech maintains a vigil overhead, keeping an eye on everyone. Egil goes about his task of slaughtering the brodkil with reckless abandon. He is a blur of action, unbelievably fast.

Egil:
Agor is still standing, but he is a total mess, after the first shot. The second shot also fails to bring him down! Amazingly tough, brodkil. The third shot, though, burns a hole through the monster's eye and boils his brains. He falls dead, blood and ichor spilling out his eyes. His giant purple tongue twitches for a moment, his last pathetic death throws.

His final shot downs one of the other brodkil. He doesn't die as dramatically, but he's definitely down for good.

The two remaining groups of brodkli that Egil can see go invisible and he loses track of them. He'll have to try and find them before he can shoot (or eat) them!

Adam:
The missile flies in an arc to land right in the middle of the group of fierce looking monsters. Missiles and people, even giant, sub-demons, don't mix. Blood, body parts, the odd bits of cybernetic augmentations, bones, a good amount of sand and scrubby grass fly out in an expanding circle from the missile's point of impact. So, there are four less brodkil.

The two remaining groups of brodkil go invisible, but Adam is able to track their faint outlines and maintain visual contact. This behavior, turning invisible, is not merely a defensive reaction. Adam's study of the world includes some research into dbee and monstrous behavior. These sub-demons don't go invisible typically as a means to escape, normally it is indicative of a pending melee attack. The brodkil's melee weapons are much more powerful than the ranged weapons they carry, so this is a very calculated maneuver.

With his keen senses and the enhancements from Bop, Adam spots a disturbance in the water approximately 250 feet away from Bop's location. His best guess is that it is a Triax bot of some kind, like a Forarger, but it's hard to tell specifically with just the head visible. It doesn't seem to be making any threatening moves at the moment, just observing.

Brodkil Group 1:
Runs, turns invisible

Zima:
Zima takes careful aim at the center of the onrushing group of brodkil, but then! They're gone! The turn invisible and she completely loses track of their location. There's another group in range, so she shoots them instead. Her shot is just a little bit off, and the massive rail gun burst impacts just a few feet beyond the group of sub-demons.

Both groups of brodkil are invisible after Zima's shot, seemingly spooked by the massive firepower.

Brodkil Group 2:
Runs, turns invisible

Ulrich:
Hold

Forager:
Hold

Chevy:
Chevy mashes the accelerator all the way to the floor. While Bop doesn't twist with torque or tip back on its huge rear wheels, its acceleration is nonetheless impressive. The massive ATV crunches over sand and small bushes as it races towards the camp site. This time, unfortunately, Chevy doesn't run over any brodkil by design or by accident.

Chevy spots the brodkil as they turn invisible, but thanks to Bop's sensors he's able to keep track of their locations. He also knows from his time in the field that invisible brodkil are often charging into melee and will reveal themselves when they strike. These guys have chainswords and vibroswords, so melee is probably more effective than their puny laser rifles. And the brodkil know it.

Chevy also notices a disturbance in the water a few hundred feet away, the head of a robot of some kind breaks the surface and seems to be observing the scene.

Awktech:
The dragon circles over head watching the fight unfold. He's surprised that the brodkil suddenly disappear, and can't imagine where they went. In addition to the tents and other camp supplies, there is a cage like structure built into one of the dunes.

Forager:
Breaches surface of water and looks around.

Agor (brodkil leader):
Dead

Brodkil Group 3:
Dead

New Action Cards:
    Zima JOKER!!!!
    Brodkil Group 1, Invisible 10S
    Egil KH
    Brodkil Group 2, 1 dead, Invisible 8H
    Adam 7H
    Chevy 5D
    Forager* 4C
    Awktech 3C
    Agor* (brodkil leader) DEAD
    Brodkil Group 3 DEAD

Conditional (LAST)
John
Ulrich

[occ]And finally, I'd like to try something new. If I've done it right, I've enabled editing for the map. You should be able to move your token where you want it. I'll move the brodkil correspondingly when I do the next gm post. Also note that convert your ranges and movement amounts to real units and use the ruler tool to keep track of distances. If you have a specific path you want to take, use the draw line tool. In other words, use the features of the maps![/ooc]
What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Adam grunts with satisfaction as he notes the success of his first missile strike only to grab hold of whatever handhold available as the BoP suddenly lurches from Chevy going to full power, headed for the encampment. "Roger that, Chevy. Sounds like a plan to me. We still ha-" Adam cuts off in mid-sentence as the charging Brodkil suddenly disappear! "Shit, did you see that? I've lost hard lock on the 2nd group of Brodkil that were heading our way. Hell, they've all turned into a bunch of borking sensor ghosts! I've still got them on sensors, barely. They'll be a serious pain to get a lock on with the laser but a missile may have more luck. Prepping for another launch."

A sheen of sweat breaks out on Adam's forehead as he struggles to track all the threats approaching the team. A task not made any easier by the fact most of said threats are now invisible! The shrill wail from the radar proximity detector draws Adam's attention to another panel and his eye widen as he takes in the data. "Aaaaand now we have a robot breaking the surface in the river folks. Who sent out the invites to this damned party anyway? Well if anyone cares he seems to be holding position at the moment so that's something anyway." Turning his attention back to the forward scanners Adam's fingers fly over the keys trying to coax the computers into firming up the lock on the approaching invisible horde. "I'm going to need a few more moments to dial these bad boys in as much as I can, stand by."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
"There is a prison cell up here. Would be my best guess."

After a moments pause, "I will go close quarters and support Zima."

Flying west past the southern end of the tents at the campsite, AwkTek comes in low and begins flame breathing the ground where he saw the Brodkil blink. Flush them out with fire or light them on fire, either one.

Brodkill Barbeque
"Clairvoyance" = 3
Psionics 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)-2

"Flame Breath" = 15; Dam 22 MDC
Shooting 1d6-2 = 2 (4) (second action)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)-2
Aced Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Aced Aced Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Fire Breath Damage 2d10 = 11 (3, 8)
Additional Damage for Raise 1d6 = 6 (6)
Aced Raised Damage 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Running 1d8 = 7 (7)
Spend Bennie gained from Zima for extra effort 1d6 = 5 (5)
Total distance: 168 ft.


Action: Egil runs towards the ‘Bop on a path to intercept.
Split the seconds Action: Draw Vibro-Sword in the other hand.


Egil’s mind’s eye sees him flying across the battlefield in a dance to reach the ‘Bop and assist with the prisoners. Energy blasts and explosions his own private pyrotechnics show in time to the pre-rifts metal symphony in his head. Blood erupting from the brodkil hangs motionless in the air before the droplets burst into a myriad of glittering colors. Somewhere, the rational part of the psi-stalker’s mind realizes that pushing the implants like this is causing him to lose his grip on reality even more. He must be careful, but that’s for someone else to worry about at some other time. But who and when?

“On my way, Doc, you and Chevy keep headin’ the way you are goin’ and I’ll catch up with ya”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Last edited by Egil Skallgrim on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 11 or 7 for detecting invisible targets
Notice Die 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Alertness
+2 for Sensors
-4 for Invisibility


Adam smiled grimly to himself as the sensor data firmed up giving him a reasonable lock on the invisible group of Brodkil still between the BoP and the encampment. Keys click as he confirms the data one more time then checks to ensure the second missile is prepped for launch and once more smiles in satisfaction as the green telltales indicate the weapon is ready to fire. Finally, a quick check shows no friendlies in the danger zone though he notes Egil's progress as he races on an intercept with the hard charging vehicle.

Keying his mic he lets the team know of the impending strike, "preparing to fire, stand by," Adam pauses momentarily then depresses the firing stud and feels the kick as the missile streaks away towards its projected point of impact. "Missile away, tracking."

Fire Missile 7 Damage 18 AP 8
Shooting Die 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Assuming Short Range (aproximately 65 inches)
Sensors offset 2 points of range and/or darkness penalties
Steady Hands offset movement penalties
Darkness Penalties??? I have no idea
That's a hit unless darkness penalties are -5 or more

Damage 6d6 = 18 (4, 3, 1, 3, 3, 4)
Watching his sensor screens intently he waits for the computers to sort out the results of his latest missile strike. "Looks like another good hit! Not sure if I got them all but that should have taken the starch out of their shorts anyway. I'm still working on clearing up the tactical situation around the BoP but I think we have eliminated the threats in our immediate area. That robot out in the river is still holding position but isn't taking other action. I have not idea what its intentions are but for the moment it seems to be staying out of this. Zima, I'm forwarding all tactical data to you since I still can't raise Ulrich on the com."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
Meanwhile...in another place...

The ground under the weathered old floorboards of the cabin rocked slightly, and grains of dust and grit filtered down from the rafters stretching across the peaked ceiling. The windows, even cracked as they were from the earlier, louder blast, held up. Lights strung up along those same rafters flickered momentarily.

The figure kneeling on the floor looked up briefly at that flicker. A humanoid woman in a simple peasant's dress, she was strikingly beautiful, but with skin a deep violet-black; the shade of the sky at midnight. Her eyes were a clear shade of amber, with black sclera and pupils that gleamed slightly in the reflected lights. Her hair was short, a shade blacker than her skin, and somewhat unkempt.

"Tempting?" The voice was male, with a bit of a teasing, lilting tone. Cultured. The woman lowered her face again.

The speaker chuckled to himself and shook his head. He was in his own way as outlandish in appearance as she was. Pink skin, dark eyes, a pair of horns projecting from his forehead and sweeping up at the tips. A little like a classic, stereotypical depiction of devils in fact, though with little of that sense of menace emanating from him. His robe was a grandiose thing wrought of purple and mauve and black, with shimmering runes of gold and silver running up and down its trim. It flared when he turned, showing glimpses of the armor he wore beneath.

"The lights won't go off, my dear. And even if they did, what then? Would you try your hand against me? Against them?"

Outside one of the windows, something shifted position. Something big. Silhouetted against the starlit sky outside.

The horned man leaned over to etch again at a sigil on the ground. He'd been drawing the circle for nearly an hour now, painstakingly ensuring that it was perfect in every detail. Other things were in the room too, supplies, ritual components...she wasn't sure exactly what. She didn't recognize what he was doing and couldn't see much, bound as she was. Around her a fluxfield pulsed all hazy and glittering, containing her will. Around her wrists bands of enruned black iron twisted and twined together, holding her captive.

"I would think," she said softly, "that I would be the last of your worries at the moment, Simon."

Simon scoffed and put a hand on his hip, sending his robe flaring dramatically. "I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. There's a full legion of those mewling spawn between us and...whoever that is."

"Not anymore, by the sound of it."

The horned man squinted at a rune, then rubbed his chalk outline out and redrew it. Satisfied, he applied an etching formula...setting the stone to hissing as the emblem sank in. "Bah. Dying is what they're for." He glanced over at the woman and smiled maliciously. "Something you can relate to, my dear."

She looked up askance at him. "Sacrifice then? A bit of a waste isn't it? A death flare is fine and well, but I could make far more power over time than..."

"Shh." Simon shook his head and stood back up. "I know your potential. And your dangers. If Marcea didn't think he could control you, I'm certainly not inclined to try. Fortunately my plans for you do not require your willing cooperation. With this spell..." He trailed off for a second and looked up, his eyes distant...seeing something only he could see.

"...I will bring about an age of destiny, of learning. Men of enlightenment, of noble purpose, will assume their rightful place...supported by the grateful labors of the common masses, freed from the burden of this technology that destroyed their old world. A great pyramid of being, with magi astride the peak, like in days of old. Days of glory! Days of wonder! A pity you shall not see it, my dear. There could be a place in my great society...even for a twisted, malformed thing like you."

Whisper nodded to herself distractedly. She was too busy working her wrists to really listen. The writhing antimagic that surrounded her kept her from reaching out to affect Simon...but a subtle bit of magic worked within its shell could slip past notice, if he wasn't paying attention.

This was the third time she'd managed to get him worked up.

"Do you not see?! All this suffering and strife, because the ocean of mediocrity has been deceived! They rise up, seeking to lead themselves...only to discover they cannot! They lack the will! The vision! Yet when I, and others like me, try to give them what they lack, they call us tyrants! No longer! They will no longer have the CHOICE to resist!"

Another explosion from outside, and this time Whisper could hear the Brodkil howling. Some in rage. Others in pain. She worked her wrists, plucking at the magic in the runes with her will, bit by bit loosening the bonds. The flux would not constrain her body. Her equipment, sold along with her to Simon by that coward half-wit excuse for an archmage Marcea, had been unceremoniously dumped in the corner near the stack of boxes. She'd only gotten a quick glimpse of the cabin's interior as Simon manhandled her into place near the circle, but she reviewed it in her mind, kept it fresh.

Break the bonds quietly, get him talking again, go for the gear. The connection to the lights was back there too...cables that led to a generator outside. Break those. The guardians outside would start to converge. Knock out Simon, step into shadow. Pray they couldn't find her there. Ideally she'd get to finish Simon off, but if that wasn't an option she'd run for it. Whoever was attacking the compound could act as her unwitting proxy in that duty.

Of course, for all she knew they might unwittingly free her as well. That would be an entertaining irony.


Abruptly Whisper realized Simon had stopped. He was breathing hard, and starting to turn to look at her.

"You'll never get away with this," she dutifully said, and he laughed and turned to collect more candles for the circle.

Simon, she thought, had the curse of every mage she'd met so far; he couldn't tell the difference between what he knew, and what he only thought he knew. He was correct to say that if Marcea couldn't control her that he couldn't either. He was very wrong to say that he understood Whisper's danger, or potential. For all their intelligence, they still had to be taught the fundamental lessons. Again and again.


Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Although the group she'd meant to fire at had disappeared and she'd needed to fire off at a different set of the cybernetic demons, Tanya felt a curious rightness. There was every chance that might not last, though: it didn't look like they'd been hiding themselves to run. AwkTech was too close in to risk a shot at the group that had been her initial target. She could perhaps make a stab at the other group that had vanished ... but there was one more threat nearby.

That combat robot was poking itself above the surface of the river. What it had gone under there for in the first place was anyone's guess, but Tanya knew she'd feel a whole lot safer if that thing was a pile of wreckage. Not least since the first target it was likely to go for would be the poor Skorpion. For the moment, she waited, her weapon trained on the Forager as she listened to the reports come in. "Acknowledged, Professor: I have my eye on the robot. I'm standing ready to act if the pilot decides he wants to dance."

OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

+2 Glitter Boy Sensors
+2 Joker

Total: 9

Action: Waiting, for the moment--Joker allows an automatic interrupt, so ...

If there are no survivng brodkil and the Forager continues to do nothing: Zima will make for the camp. (Running Pace 10+ 1d10 = 8 (8) = Total: 18 Pace toward the camp

If the Forager opens fire: Zima interrupts and opens fire first. (Shooting Skill: 1d10 = 9 (9), Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)+ Ace 1d6 = 1 (1) -2 (-4 range, +2 Joker) = Total: 7, damage 1d12 = 6 (6)+ 1d12 = 7 (7)+ 1d12 = 4 (4)+ 1d12 = 4 (4)+8 = Total Damage: 25)

When in doubt: Fending off the brodkil with (Fighting Skill: 1d4 = 1 (1), Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3) +2 (Joker) = Total:
5
, miss, unless these brodkil are incompetent.)

Obviously only one of the above actions actually happens: just throwing them all out there now so we don't need a lot of back-and-forth before the next GM post.

I'm not sure why this is here, but I've edited a bunch of times and can't seem to get rid of it ..wowowhowowoooo gm magic poof!

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Chevy rakes his eyes across the dash displays and back to the front as he keeps the Bop barreling towards the camp.

On the team channel, he reports, "Broddies go invisible when they want to get up close and personal, so be careful. Prof, if you can track them, make sure they don't come a-knockin'. I don't want the paint scratched."

For the nth time, Chevy rues his decision to not include an anti-personnel system on his ATV. A faceful of frag does great to discourage unwanted visitors.

Action:
* Keep the Bop on a straight path to the camp

OOC Comments
Against my better judgment, I'll roll Driving and hope the roller is not still trying to kill me:
Driving: 1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

What did I say? Throwing in a bennie to re-roll:
Driving: 1d10 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Much better...
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
"Roger that, Chevy." Adam responds over the comm, "I don't see any movement out of the two groups we had in front of us but I'll keep an eye on things. You should be clear all the way to the camp."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Chevy grins. Now that's what I like to hear.

As an afterthought, he hits the button on the sound system and music fills the inside of the ATV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HsYLAh2Ayg

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
As Egil speeds across the battlefield and pauses for just a split second, turning his head up into the air.

What is that scent on the wind...something familiar yet not....

And then the 'Bop's speakers blare across the battlefield and the chaos of the psi-stalker's mind takes over as Egil grins.

"Oh it's on now. Any of you sons of bitches show yourselves and I'll make necklaces out of your ears....huh...I wonder if brodkill have ears...

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:52p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

IN VIOLENT ABDUCTION
Over the course of only a minute or two, Simon goes from being pompous and controlling to being extremely agitated and brutal.

She heard more explosions. The screams of the brodkil were faint, carried on the wind from some distance, but distinct enough.

"Do we call them now?" Simon says out loud pacing. He pulls out a ceremonial looking knife and test the edge with his thumb. It's sharper than he expected and he makes a small scalpel like cut. He looks at it, transfixed as blood seeps out. He puts it to his mouth. For a second it looks like he might be a gross I-like-the-taste-of-blood person, but he's not, it's just the instinctive reaction.

As the darkness deepens outside, the ley lines become visible. There are tow of them, she knows, but can't see right now. The nexus is close by too. There is a tingling from the mystic energy, but Whisper is not quite close enough to tap into that energy.

Finally Simon stands in front of Whisper and says "We do this now." As a brodkil reaches to pick her up, Whisper can see the array of talismans that probably are the source of the anti-magic field. The talismans are picked up by a second brodkil and the three bad guys head out with Whisper in the arms of the biggest brodkil. Her hands and feet get tied tightly, painfully with rough rope. The brodkil throws Whisper over his shoulder and across his neck. Grasping her bound limbs he wrenches down on her.

The night air is temperate and there's only as light breeze coming in from the east. The fallow and overgrown land is tinted blue from the ley line. There is a narrow track through the weeds and grasses towards the nexus. And that's where Simon and his gang head.


TAKE YOUR WEAK RESISTANCE
Despite numbers and some demonic abilities, the brodkil are clearly losing this fight. The Nameless are formidable and they are demonstrating that in no uncertain terms. It's not surprising given the heavy artillery they are packing, and the reckless abandon with which they engage the enemy. Still, there is hardly any movement in the cage, the prisoners must be scared out of their minds, or they might all be dead.

Zima: IN MELEE W/ BRODKIL GROUP 1
Zima charges forward and finds herself in the middle of a group of invisible brodkil, her suits sensors registering their presence. The target acquisition is not quite clear enough, so Zima's swing with the giant sword is just a little off. Not a total wiff, the brodkil did have to duck!

Brodkil Group 1 (Invisible): IN MELEE W/ ZIMA
Releasing their invisibility, the three brodkil leap at Zima with their chainswords--equally as bit as the one wielded by the Glitter Boy. They are far less effective than one would expect from monstrous sub-demons who thrive in melee combat. They all miss.

Egil:
The pale mutant dashes from his hiding place and heads across the sand at an inhuman speed, closing onto Bop's shifting location. He keeps the remaining brodkil in his view. One group has closed in on Zima, but so far she seems okay. The other is racing towards Bop. He might make it in time to take part in the melee that's about to happen. How that works with three sword wielding monsters versus a large vehicle is yet to be seen. The last time this combo happened, Bop ran all the brodkil over.

Brodkil Group 2:
They run, yelling and screaming a challenge, but don't drop their invisibility just yet. They close dangerously on Bop, maybe within the missiles blast radius, it will take seriously good aim to land one of those without Bop taking some of the explosive force.

Adam:
Adam is precise. He drops the missile dead center of the group and leaves the remaining two invisible brodkil scattered across the sandy dunes. The turn visible as their parts hit the ground. The plume of sand is impressive, the blast leaves a sizable crater.

Chevy:
It's a little dicey at first. Bop rocks and rolls and it traverses the rough terrain at the interface (ecotone maybe too dramatic a word) between the river and the land. Fallen trees and other deadfall litter this area. Bop makes its way through though as Chevy pulls the vehicle out of a near crash into a dramatic jump over the last of the deadfall, fishtailing in the sand beyond the brief green space. He deftly avoids Adam's hole. Er.

Forager:
Everyone gets a radio call, "Attacking force. I am the Forager observing this battle, I am leaving the area now. I am leaving in peace and I hope you will respect that. Thank you." As the radio call goes out, the big bot emerges from the water and starts making its way north west, well away from Garnet Town and the local problems.

Awktech:
Awktech may not be that old in terms of years, but he knows his shit when it comes to burning things with his flame breath. He is able to swoop in and pick off two of the brodkil attacking Zima. Not bad considering the variables involved. And by pick off, those two brodkil are burned almost beyond recognition. All their gear is melted slag.


New Action Cards:
    Zima
    Egil
    Adam
    Chevy
    Awktech
    Brodkil Group 1, 2 dead 3H
    Forager* Out of fight
    Brodkil Group 2, DEAD
    Agor* (brodkil leader) DEAD
    Brodkil Group 3 DEAD

Conditional (LAST)
John
Ulrich

[occ]And finally, I'd like to try something new. If I've done it right, I've enabled editing for the map. You should be able to move your token where you want it. I'll move the brodkil correspondingly when I do the next gm post. Also note that convert your ranges and movement amounts to real units and use the ruler tool to keep track of distances. If you have a specific path you want to take, use the draw line tool. In other words, use the features of the maps![/ooc]
What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek scorches the ground and the invisible brodki pop in response to the direct heat. Veering left AwkTek takes to the air once more and decides to follow at a safe distance to see where the Forager may be heading. Also scouting out any other potential problems.

Mechanical Curiosity
One of his up and coming Hindrances, AwkTek is drawn to mechanical and electrical things.


Notice 3, failure
Notice 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3 (5)

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Running 1d8 = 7 (7)

Hindrance Monologuer Smarts 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Should be -2 so failure

Action: Raps
Split the seconds Action: Egil continues to run towards the ‘Bop on a path to intercept.

Note that I did not see what suit I drew for initiative, so I am assuming it was not a club and monologuer did not kick in.


Egil continues to race across the open area to the brodkil camp. He notes the brodkil appearing around Zima but salutes Awktech with his sword as he burns them to cinders.

“Aww heck...it’s Awktech! Spit those fiery rhymes my draconic brotha!”

When the missiles blow up the group of brodkil in the ‘Bops path, the psi-stalker giggles again with glee, the PPE in the air is almost palpable at this point. He’s about to address the Forager pilot but the insanity gets the better of him and he starts to freestyle...

“Lets go. It's about to go down
Nowhere to go now, it's about to be a showdown
Need to get an army. Can't win without them
The Master. Dragon of the flame wind
What the hell are you thinking about coming back
Should've never been runnin' your mouth, I attack you
In fact, you need to give thought to what I said
You better go before I put a dot upon your head

Thought it was the end? I was never dead
Harder, better, faster, stronger since you left
Yourvibro's too slow, so you get finessed
I take no offense, everything I deflect
Rip right through with a swift strike too
Sit tight, your wish to die might come true
Brought this knife to a fist fight to prove that
Your lines are stupid, I spit quick Haikus

Yeah you probably got a 6 IQ
I'm really too skilled for a kid like you
You just confused
You saw how many Brodkil we just went through
I slid right through
Bout to bake you
Pullin out the boom gun and assassinating you
Anybody better than the Nameless? Say it! Who?
You dont really wanna battle do you?
I got a all the Nameless in my crew

No clan to save you from the missiles we threw
No chance when my hands are made to move
So fast that you can't escape your doom
Get double jumped, we eliminated you
All around an assassin of rappin
Honor resides in my action
Now bow down to the Chevy and his wagon
Bow down to the dragon

We’re hittin’ you from the north and the south
The Nameless, battle like we workin it out
It's a battle for power
It's a battle for Clout
Get back
We’re hittin’ you from the north and the south

Man, I partied for years, everything I'm exploring
Your one arm has steel cause you single and boring
Excuse me if I seemed so tired before see
You look like you just cybered this morning
You obsolete, I'm the upgraded model
Doc Radcliffe never complaining, you follow?
We ain't the same, you sold out to the Fed
I'm a psi-stalker ninja, but your brain is hollow

When I bring out the ‘Bop, you'll be learning quick
If you try to swing a sword then it's certain death
You dont really wanna continue, I got you cornered, and if you
Try to get up then I'll end you, my lasers gonna split you
All around assassin of rappin
Honor resides in my action
Bow down to the Glitter
Bow down to the Skorpion

We’re hittin’ you from the north and the south
The Nameless, battle like we workin it out
It's a battle for power
It's a battle for Clout
Get back
We’re hittin’ you from the north and the south”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 7 minus any darkness penalties
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 Alertness
+2 Sensors


Keeping one eye on the departing Forester and the other on Zima's attackers leaves Adam feeling a little stretched. That is until the robot suddenly announces he is departing and AwkTek manages to barbecue most of the remaining Brodkil threatening Zima. I hope we aren't making a mistake letting that Forester just leave without a challenge. On the other hand we can't just go around nuking someone just because we don't like where they are standing. Might as well just be the CS in that case.

Returning his attention to the monitors he keeps his eyes and ears open for any signs of life in the area ahead of the BoP's path all the while bobbing his head to Egil's impromptu rap performance.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Last edited by Radecliffe on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Note: +2 from the Bop

Chevy continues maneuvering the Bop along the rough terrain, splitting his attention between the sensors and the view ahead. He trusts the Prof to keep the Brodkil otherwise occupied.

On hearing the Forager's announcement over the radio, he can't help but give a mental sigh of relief. One less tango to deal with, although I wonder what he was doing here in the first place.

As the vehicle approaches the camp, Chevy focuses its sensors on the layout, trying to identify any stragglers or other potential antagonists.

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
As Whisper was being carried like a rucksake, on her belly over a brodkil's shoulder, she focused her attention on the one following just behind. The one with the talismans that were currently keeping her powers negated. She wasn't sure if Simon was too close to try anything, but she did know that it was now or never time. Her only other option was to wait for the Nexus, and try to break the warding by sheer force by drawing on its power. But Simon could play that game as well and she wasn't sure what kind of power he commanded. Best to try to act before he'd expect it. She only needed a moment with the ward gone.

To the brodkil with the talismans, Whisper gave a sour look and said, "I'm impressed someone like Simon managed to command this much loyalty out of you. I thought he was just paying you, but that doesn't make much sense if you're willing to commit suicide for him."

The subdemon growled at her and barked, "Shut up!"

The one carrying Whisper tightened its grip on her, forcing some air out of her lungs painfully.

"Ugh...right. Right. Don't question the supreme leader whom you'd give your lives for and all that. I get it."

The talisman demon snarled, "Fool. YOU are the only one who will be dying!"

Whisper's expression changed to one of surprise...then something like pity.

"Wait. You didn't know? How did you think those things worked? They absorb my magic before I can cast it."

He bared his fangs in a sadistic grin. "Which is why you will die."

The silhouette mage nodded. "Yes, but not just me. Think about it. We're going to a ley line nexus, at the peak of its activity. It's not just MY magic it sucks in. It's all magic. And right now it's getting more, and more...and...more. I mean...clearly if Simon was a wise man, a genius of magic who could do no wrong, he'd have carefully balanced the talismans capacity with the intensity of the nexus, so it wouldn't overload and explode before his ritual was over. And, of course, if he cared enough about his servants to put that kind of time and effort into the calculations."

Her yellow eyes bored into the brodkil's. "I'm sure he did just fine on that. Not to worry. Are they getting warm yet?"

(OOC - Persuade, I think to try to convince the brodkil holding the talismans that they're dangerous to him, and perhaps holding them isn't a great idea. Total of 8)
1d10 = 3 (3) or 1d6 = 6 (6) Possibly +2 if attractive matters here.
Ace on the wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
As Egil continues to babble with some semblance of rhythm, part of him wonders why he does can't just shut up. The moment is fleeting, however, as the humming generator catches his attention.

I wonder what would happen if I shoot that thing....

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Tanya flinched--if only barely--at the blast of fire from AwkTech: she certainly had no objection to the attack: unpleasant as she found it, having her armor ripped apart by brodkil was even less appealing. The departure of the Forager was encouraging--that could have made this fight a great deal more complicated. She only hoped the pilot wasn't wandering off to cause mayhem in the village. In any case, the more immediate problem had to be dealt with first. "Egil, perhaps you might have a moment to help dissuade these brodkil from vandalizing my armor? Effective as dragon-fire is, I am not sure scorched armor is conducive to the Glitter Boy image."

OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace! 1d6 = 5 (5)

11 total, 13 if including +2 for Glitter Boy sensors.

Let's see if this works any better than last time ...

Fighting

Skill: 1d4 = 4 (4)

Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:19 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:52p (Combat Round 3, Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

I WANT YOUR SKULLS
Whisper games out the conversation in her head, anticipating the erudite responses of the brodkil. Her little game goes just about as planned. Not quite word for word what she'd imagined but close enough. The brodkil doesn't drop the talismans or anything, but a worried expression passes over his face, for just a second.

"Elf witch, you're going to die, and Simon will use your magic and the magic from the stones. He is powerful. And mean." that last bit is accompanied by a cruel smile. Like most dimwits, his threat gives away a lot more than he imagined. "He wanted to wait until midnight, but we're doing it now! All that's left is to kill you!"

The power of the ley line hasn't become strong enough to channel, but she can feel the energy building as they get closer. Soon, less than ten minutes at the rate they are going, and they will cross the threshold into that eldritch power.


I NEED YOUR SKULLS
There are only two enemies left, and they are in tight with Zima. Bop has found the easy terrain now and driving it is a simple matter. The forager continues on his way at a brisk pace, fast enough to clearly be serious about leaving, but not so fast that he's reckless. There's a change in the density of the air, or the wind shifted, or something happened, because the blue energy of the nearby ley lines is visible to the naked eye.

Awktech: in air
The young dragon wheels around to follow the giant robot, a very unique thing in his limited experience. He doesn't get quite as close as he might want, to see more he must get closer! The battle bot has not taken notice of his airborne shadow yet.

Egil:
Can you have a cipher* alone? No, but you can freestyle by yourself, and that's what Egil does. His speech is accelerated by the vast amount of ppe permeating the area, so he comes off a bit like the Micro Machines guy with fangs. Then the generator catches his eye. It probably is in range of the laser weapons.

Chevy & Adam:
Without having to shoot anything, Adam is able to take a good account of their surroundings. The terrain is now smooth, firm sand and the navigation is much easier, so Chevy can spend a little more energy rubbernecking. They spot the shabby tents nearby that were the brodkils' shelters. The tents probably have gear inside, but the bloody stains on the ground outside each one raise other concerns about what else is inside. The jail or cage in the bank to the north looks strong enough to hold anything short of a borg, but the Glitter Boy or Awktech could easily rip it off its makeshift hinges. There's no telling how many people are in there, but there is movement. Chevy notices that the tent in the middle of the cluster seems to be a heavier material and less shabby. The various sensor readings would indicate it's not just heavy, but probably an armored fabric.

Zima: IN MELEE W/ BRODKIL GROUP 1
The Boom Gun may be the Glitter Boy's primary weapon, but its hands are like claws. Of course you have to make contact for that to matter. Zima comes close though. She looks like a fighter

Brodkil Group 1 (Visible): IN MELEE W/ ZIMA
The two remaining brodkil have pretty much given up hope and are just fighting because they like to kill. One, however, misses Zima completely its giant vibrosword humming a couple feet away from Zima's power armor. The other brodkil lands a heavy blow with his sword. However, it doesn't even scratch the polished surface of the mighty armor.

Forager:
Walking away at a brisk pace.

New Action Cards:
    Good Guys AD
    Brodkil Group 1 JS

Conditional (LAST)
John
Ulrich

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Permanent Effects: +2 to all Notice rolls, Psychic Sense

Shooting 1d8+2 = 5 (3) +1 (forgot to add-in) =6
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4) +1 (forgot to add-in) = 7

Shooting 1d8+3 = 5 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+3 = 4 (1)

Damage 1st Shot: 3d6+1 = 15 (6, 2, 6) + 2d6 = 8 (5, 3) = 23 AP 2
Damage 2nd Shot: 3d6+1 = 11 (2, 5, 3)
Spend Benny for re-roll 3d6+1 = 11 (1, 4, 5) = 11 AP 2 Well that didn't pan out like I'd hoped

Permanent Effects: +2 to Shooting Rolls from Helmet Package, Ignore 2 points of Range Penalties

Temporary Effects: Losing It, Assuming Medium Range and Double Tapping

Action: Double-Tap 1st Brodkil on Zima
Split the seconds Action: Double-Tap 2nd Brodkil on Zima


Upon hearing Zima’s communication over the comms, Egil snaps back to the task at hand: Eliminating these sub-demons. Concentrating fully on his shots, he lets his bone white skin go back to normal and cuts toward the down brodkil leader.

Might just be that ugly bastard has enough life in him for a quick snack.”

The psi-stalker fires off two quick bursts from his rifle at each of the remaining brodkil.

“On my way, Zima. You would think they would just give up at this point. I mean really, scratching that shiny armor before we kill them is just downright rude. Oh well, perhaps they will be nice enough to leave us some full E-Clips to replace all these shots we’re takin’ at ‘em. I doubt they have missiles though, so that sucks for the ‘Bop. But maybe this leader dude has a big gun of some type. That’d be cool. Me, though, I hope he’s still got some life in him so I can drain him dry, absorb all that sweet, sweet, demon soul mojo. Soooo delicious...Oh...uh..yeah...TMI again, huh?”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
Loving mechanics in motion, AwkTek follows the Forager at 50 fet up and about 10 feet back. Hoping his shadow does not cast to far over the power armor/robot.

"Sorry about the armor. I am following the departing robot."

AwkTek laughs to himself when Egil starts rambling. Psionic emissions reach AwkTek even this far away.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
Whisper rolled her garnet eyes and let her head flop back down then.

All right. The hard way then.

She concentrated on inner senses; the flow of magic energy in the air, in the earth, inside herself. The influence of the talismans was quiet...they were waiting for her. Despite her words, she didn't think they would actually absorb ALL magic energy. They seemed keyed to her somehow. Before trying to break their hold, she needed to understand them a little better.

Carefully Whisper guided a trickle of magic into a tiny spell. Something to create just a bare hint of shadow around herself. As the talismans warding her awakened to the effort she 'watched' them, how they became active, how they took the power, what they did with it.

There wasn't much time left now.

OOC Comments
Knowledge: Arcane: 1d10 = 4 (4) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1) Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Constant Effects:
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice: 1d8+4 = 6 (2) Wild Die 1d6+4 = 9 (5)
+2 Alertness, +2 Sensors
Constant Effects: Alertness, Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: Holding Action


As Chevy approached the encampment Adam briefly turns his attention to Zima and the remaining Brodkil. It looks to him like Zima and Egil have the situation well in hand so he turns his attention to scanning the area completely, turning his turret slowly a full 360 degrees looking for any previously unknown heat signatures that may be lurking in the darkness.

Adam keys his mic and reports, "I'm not seeing anything moving in the area surrounding the camp. As far as I can tell the only remaining hostiles are the couple that are playing around with Zima. I can see some kind of confinement facility up on the north side of the camp. Not getting any reading from it yet. Either nothing's there or we're too far away or it's buried too deep in that hillside for our sensors to get a look at it."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Last edited by Radecliffe on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6) Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Constant Effects: Vehicle Sensors (+2 Notice)
Temporary Effects: None


Chevy stomps on the brake, bringing the Bop to a stop between the small group of tents and the makeshift barricade/prison.

To Radecliffe, he says, "Cover me while I check out that enclosure."

He grabs his rifle and exits the Bop, landing lightly with his senses on high alert.

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Roll carried over from previous post...
+2 Alertness, +2 Sensors
Constant Effects: Alertness, Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: Holding Action


"Roger, Chevy. Maintaining overwatch. Watch your ass out there. Nothing's popping on the sensors but that doesn't mean there isn't anything hiding under something shielded." Adam taps his keyboard flagging Chevy as a friendly for the weapon systems. Hate to go and shoot him by accident. Adams thinks to himself with a grin. Shaking his head he returns to his monitoring of their surrounding looking for any hidden dangers.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)

6+2+2 for Glitter Boy sensors = 8 total

Fighting

Skill: 1d4 = 3 (3)

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Well ... at least my Notice roll was good.


Come on, Tanya thought. It would be really nice to be able to do something in this armor that isn't total overkill. With a growl that no one but she heard, she took one last swipe at the cybernetic demon with the bad sense to attack a Glitter Boy.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:09 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 7:52p (Combat over, Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

WITH JADED EYES AND FEATURES
Whisper can feel the power around her draining into the stones, she can feel it not only sucking her power away, but she can feel her self weakening magically as well. The power seems to be going into a black hole of sorts, there is no energy radiating out. She cannot sense any mystic energy from the brodkli, which is no surprise.

The glow of the ley line keeps looming, growing closer. The brodkil jabber at each other in a rough mix of American and Gobbly. Whisper is yanked tighter as they jog along. There's no way to decide whether smashed up against the course leathery skin or the jarring bouncing and jostling is worse. But they keep moving regardless.


YOU THINK THEY REALLY CARE
Adam and Chevy roll past the camp towards the makeshift prison. Adam's search of the area reveals that the two brodkil are the only bad guys. The Forager is continuing on its get-the-hell-outta-here path across the sand, maintaining its position in this encounter as a quickly retreating neutral. Except for the fading fire in the center of the camp there are no other heat sources, even inside the shabby tents.

When Chevy hops out and cautiously approaches the prison, he finds random personal belongings scattered along the way. Shoes, coats, bags, hats, and the like. No one inside moves yet, but he can make out shapes inside, but it is very dark inside, the dim evening light the only illumination. When he gets closer, there starts to be movement inside.

Then a surly voice (the kind that can only belong to a dwarf) says, "Who are you?"

Egil: Shoots into Melee
Egil blasts away with his wild man ability to act in the flash of an eye. One shot catches a brodkil right through the neck, dropping him instantly. Egil's next shot grazed the other brodkil's cheek, spooking him.

Awktech: Following Forager
The Forager looks back at the young dragon every couple seconds, speeding up a little, but taking no actions beyond running away. For Awktek, the movements of the big robot are intriguing. The joints and rhythms are not like the living things he's been witness to so far. Even Zima's Glitter Boy moves in a more natural way than this big robot. Its footprints are impressive in the wet sand of the dunes, and as it works its way inland, the footprints turn to sandy clouds. The noise is multifaceted: whining of gears, screech of belts and artificial tendons, metal on metal rubbing and the loud clump with each footfall. There's also a variety of smells Awktech can pickup, but he can't identify, some cloying, some of ozone, and a light bitter scent.

Zima: In melee with brodkil
Zima swings her powerful arms around in a semblance of hand to hand combat, but she misses the remaining brodkil by a mile. Thankfully Egil's grazing shot has distracted the the brodkil and he tries to locate the shooter instead of attacking the Glitter Boy. Before Zima can line up another swing, Egil has plugged the last brodkil who never realized what hit hi..


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Constant Effects: None
Temporary Effects: None


Chevy examines the gate as he mulls over a reply. Finally, he announces, "We're with the Tomorrow Legion, we're here to rescue you."

He mentally shrugs. Man, that sounded lame, even to me. But then, they didn't hire me for public relations.

As he waits for a response, he looks to see how to open the enclosure and free the souls inside.

OOC Comments
Repair roll to open the gate:
Repair: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
Interesting, thought Whisper to herself as she 'watched' the power drain into the talisman runes. I was only trying to scare the wretch, but I actually think I was right all along. Simon's a bigger idiot than I gave him credit for.

She jostled, and a pained grunt escaped her lips. The brodkil were taking no efforts to make the journey comfortable.

Simon had presumably at least tested the damned things at the nexus. That'd mean they wouldn't break under that load. But the nexus at its peak? Her own power was small compared to that, but if the warding was already stretched to its limit, it wouldn't necessarily take a lot to break.

Perhaps they could be weakened as well. Funnel some extra power into just one of the runes, perhaps? Create an imbalance...a weak point that would be more likely to buckle as the PPE load from the leylines and nexus increased? A dangerous game to be sure. For one, Whisper had no idea how long it would take the ward to fail, even if weakened. If it took too long, they'd be too close to the nexus. She suspected Simon was a Shifter, and he might have the upper hand there. But if she tried to rush it too much, the ward could break but she wouldn't have enough power to capitalize on the opening...and be too far to draw more energy from the nexus herself.

And of course...she had no way to tell what would happen when and if the wards failed. That much magic energy, suddenly bursting free of containment...

Well, she'd tried to warn the brute. Hopefully he'd be the only victim of the reaction. He was standing awfully nearby.

On the other hand, if I do nothing I'll definitely die, so really I've nothing to lose.

Again Whisper focused on the talismans maintaining the ward, and this time did not release just a trickle of power. She wove a spell in her mind of great power, and directed it at just one of the runes. Just one. That one there. Hopefully as long as she did not fight the stones, as long as the power was moving the right way, they would let her direct the flow. And one stone would be closer to its limit than the others. Lose that one, and the others would suddenly be forced to deal with a sudden sharp surge. A catastrophic chain reaction.

In theory anyway.

OOC Comments
Spending 10 PPE on attempt to sabotage talismans as we approach the nexus. 15 PPE left.


Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
KElectronics 3, KEngineering 8, success, raise
  • K/Electronics 1d8+1 = 2 (1)
  • Wild K/Elec 1d6+1 = 3 (2)
  • K/Engineering 1d8+1 = 8 (7)
  • Wild K/Engin 1d6+1 = 2 (1)

Bennies 4/5


Reach Out and Touch Someone, Psionics 4, success
"Telepathy" = 2
Psionics 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Psionics 1d6 = 1 (1)

PPE 5/10


In the time that he has been following the Forager Bot, he has noticed that one of its arm seems to be pinned to its side or maybe it has been immobilized. Lucky for the Bot Operator, AwkTek knows what to do.

Thrumming up the Psychic Hotline, AwkTek places a call, "Bot Operator, this is AwkTek of the Tommorrow Legion. Your bot has a tree branch wedged in the back of its left arm. If you would like assistance please halt for the next available Customer Service Rep. That would be me."

AwkTek begins making lazy circles waiting to see if the bot operator responds.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 284
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Alertness + 2; Sensors +2
Constant Effects: Alertness; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None
Adam splits his attention between Chevy and the surrounding area. Sitting around waiting for something to happen is the worst thing in the universe. It doesn't matter if it's sitting here watching Chevy poke around an abandoned Brodkil camp or waiting on the latest test results to come back from some artifact or another while on a dig. I can't even sit back and pretend to enjoy a book!

Sighing Adam shifts his gaze from Chevy's back to inky darkness around him to the glow of the ley line in the distance and back to the sensors as they continue to sweep 360 degrees around their current position looking for anything that isn't supposed to be there leaving Adam to wait for trouble to start and hope it didn't.

Jerking upright at a sudden thought, he flips a switch on his comm panel to open a channel to Ulrich's Skorpion. "Hey boss, you out there? If you can hear me and you are just having comms trouble just flash your running lights or something to let us know you're ok. If it's something more serious just hang tight and we'll be over to check on you as soon as the situation has stabilized. Radecliffe out."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe
Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 2 of 4

Constant Effects: Alertness; Scholar; Investigator; Strong Willed; Linguist; Charismatic; Brawny; Brave; Elan; Steady Hands
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Hawdore, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Notice d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Code:
[OOC=Notice]
Notice Die [dice]1d8[/dice]
Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Alertness, Charismatic, Strong Willed, Brave, Elan[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 8:01p (Combat over, Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

IF YOU'RE GONNA SCREAM
"The Tomorrow Legion? What moth-eaten stalactite farm did you come from? Are you "helpful" like those fascists and troll-spawn in our town already? the gruff voice says, but as the tirade ends, a scraggly, elderly dwarf with a stereotypical long white beard appears out of the gloom and puts his long nose through the bars. Seeing the armor clad form of Chevy, his reaction mellows a bit. Catching site of Bob and the Glitter Boy, the dwarf says a little less haughtily, "Well, looks like you folks came to get things done. Now get us outta here, sonny!" More and more faces bunch up behind the dwarf as the prospect of relief seems a reality. Everyone Chevy can see is tired and hungry looking, their eyes are all dead and bodies slacked and hunched.

The dwarf sees to it that everyone gets out of the cave-prison before he turns his attention back to Chevy. "We owe you thanks. I just hope this is over. Over soon. I don't really know who's behind this, it's not the Black Market, this situation doesn't seem like their work. But, can you give us a ride home? Some of the people aren't fit to walk that far."

Adam can easily track the conversation from inside Bop and it holds his attention for a few seconds. But when he looks around for the team leader, the custom bot is just gone. He can't see it walking away in either direction. It doesn't show up on the sensors. Just gone. The only logical explanation is that Ulrich took the robot underwater and is making his way somewhere under the river's concealment. Not a trace.

In the distance to the east, Awktek swoops along trailing the Forager. The bot is starting to be a little more erratic. If the young dragon knew more about the typical reaction--fear--to dragons, the bot's actions might make more sense. When Awktek reaches out...

The Forager stops dead in its tracks. For a full minute it stands their without moving at all. Then it slowly turns to face the young dragon. Booming over the loud speaker, and that means he has it turned way up plus he's shouting, the pilot says "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!" Then there's a pause, but the mic stays on and rustling and labored breathing is still transmitted for all to hear. The the pilot comes back on, more calmly this time, "Look, I just want to get out of here. That Symon guy isn't going too be happy I'm leaving. But dragon, Glitter Boy and the rest of you, I didn't get paid for suicide. So, just let me leave in peace?"

SCREAM WITH ME
The trinket starts to suck up the power Whisper is feeding it. It is almost greedy. As she focuses her awareness on the device and the way it's gulping down her power, she realizes that she could shape the power into a direct attack against the talisman. All of these reactions and thoughts happen within mere moments, as the first hint of her power reaches the hungry void.

The brodkil are oblivious to her activity, still grunting in their bastardized mishmash language.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3) Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)
Constant Effects: None
Temporary Effects: None


Chevy, having already experienced his species' sensibilities, is not put off by the old dwarf's gruff manner.

"No worries, Gramps. The Legion doesn't tie strings to their aid. The Bop has space for passengers, although it's not a luxury car. Let me get someone to help get the folks sorted out."

Heading back to the ATV, he clicks the comm. "Prof, I'll spell you on overwatch. Come on out; we got scared folk out here, some of them injured. You're better at this stuff than I am. Let's see how many we can load on the Bop, then lead the rest back to the village, with escort if the rest of the team's done playing Whack-A-Mook."

As he boards the Bop, he ponders. Yeah, this definitely doesn't look like Black Market work. That leaves either the Coalsack or the witch doctor. I wouldn't put it past that Lieutenant to put DeeBes to work as fodder, but that doesn't quite smell right either.

He clicks the comm over to the team channel. "Yo, team! Anyone seen any activity from the Coalsacks, or anyone else for that matter? This stinks of a set-up, so don' let your guard down."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
Notice 4 success, Common Knowledge 13 success, 2 raises

      Notice Check
    • Notice 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
    • Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

      Common Knowledge Check
    • Common Knowledge 1d8 = 8 (8)
    • Aced CK 1d8 = 5 (5)
    • Wild CK 1d6 = 2 (2)


AwkTek settles into view of the Forager but some twenty feet away, "Symon brought you here. Which way did he bring you?"

Taking the noticeable pause to be concentration, AwkTek continues. "Were you responsible for the kidnappings at Garnet Town? If not then you have no reason to run. No one else would know of your association with Symon, until you were ready to say something. The Tommorrow Legion would vouche for your actions."

As AwkTek hears the comms from Chevy, he looks once more at the Forager, "Garnet Town is the closest location of safety," AwkTek points with a claw to the west. "Would recommend you head Northwest, till you are north of town, then head south in. Deadhead units are south of town and certainly less welcoming and friendly than the Legion."

AwkTek spreads his wings and prepares for take off, "If you want help fixing up your Bot, come find me in Garnet Town."

Within in seconds, AwkTek is in the air heading west, and his sight is filled with the LeyLine running to a nexus. Sweet Dragon Mother of All that is Magical and Mysterious. AwkTek can feel the power eminating from the LL and is quick to head that direction.

Cueing up his throat mic, "Chevy, the Deadheads are or will be alerted to this location after the missle volley, Zima's cannon and probably my flame breath, lighting up the night and sounding off pretty loudly. But they were secure in their campsite, when i passed by them. Got a Ley Line near by and a Nexus that rivals the North Star."

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Finishing Move and feed: Spirit 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d8 = 1 (1)
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Total: 8
PPE drained on success: 2d6 = 7 (5, 2) = 7
PPE drained on raise: 2d8 = 8 (2, 6) = 8

Getting it together Smarts 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d8 = 7 (7)

Sorry, copy paste error on Wild Die

Permanent Effects: +2 to all Notice rolls, Psychic Sense

Temporary Effects: -2 to all Trait rolls for 1d6 = 2 (2) x10 = 20 minutes


As Egil approaches the downed brodkil leader, a mechanical wheeze and gurgle coming from the cybernetic monstrosity causes the psi-stalker to grin maniacally. He bounds the last few feet and pounces on top of the things chest.

“Hello? Anybody home in there? I’m going to devour your soul now.”

Egil attempts to knock on the brodkil’s ruined head. “Eww...not much left, I guess.”

“Well if you are going to scream, scream with me.”

The psi-stalker then stands and drives his vibro-sword into the sub-demon’s chest, twists the blade and then shudders in delight as the he absorbs the PPE. The feeding causing him to get himself back together.

Chevy’s communication snaps Egil out of his feeding. “Robot pilot man knows what’s up. Knows messin’ with the Nameless ain’t somethin’ he wants any part of and he just called out that horny toad head dude from in town. I’m thinkin’ he’s behind this but I can’t get a solid scent with this Nexus bein’ so close. But if I know mages, and I do you know, cause they are tasty, tasty when they get up to their nefarious shenanigans…...uh... Anyway, mages are drawn to Nexus’ like Simvan are to Rhino Buffalos in heat. I think we ought to head that way. Awtech, can I get a ride or are you too far out? That would be super awesome ridin’ in like that. I swear I won’t get handsy as I just filled up here”

Egil pulls out his sword and wipes it on the brodkil’s chest and sighs to himself,

“Moments like this never last.”

He smiles though as he sees the weapon the brodkil was carrying.

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
When Whisper senses the vulnerability in the warding, the potential for disruption, she immediately shapes her power into barbs. The talismans eagerly swallow that poison pill, even as it tears at them! Dark talons snarl, snap...a nova of shadowy force detonates inside the magic stones as she finds the source of power within them and attacks it directly!

Damage: 7, 12, 8, 7...and 31!

OOC Comments
6 of the 10 PPE spent on 'bolt' spell, for 6 destructive blasts of magic into the talismans.

Spellcastings:
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
1d10 = 7 (7)
1d10 = 7 (7)
1d10 = 3 (3)
1d10 = 6 (6)
1d10 = 2 (2)
1d10 = 5 (5)

So 5 hits
2d6 = 7 (3, 4)
2d6 = 7 (6, 1)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
2d6 = 7 (1, 6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
2d6 = 7 (2, 5)
2d6 = 9 (6, 3)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
uh...holy cow Whisper
Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 8:01p (Combat over, Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map

WHOA
The dwarf acts gruff, but acquiesces to Chevy. In reality, he's very relieved to not only be freed, but also to have a ride. He starts to shepherd the people up into Bop. The townspeople are relieved and thankful. "Well, boy, what's the plan, we heading back to town?" As the old dwarf boards Bop, he turns and says, "Thank you, names Duncan."

Over by the Forager, Awktek starts questioning the bot's driver. The bot's head moves side to side. Then he answers, "I met the Simon guy for the first time here. It was through a Merctown contact." The driver guy must be pretty good, because the bot shrugs. "Honestly, I was hired to protect the base here, I had no involvement in the bigger plan. But seriously, a dragon and a Glitter Boy are too much for me. I'd lose so fast, I figured I'd live to fight a fight I have a chance" He motions towards the northwest, "Can I go now? I just want to get out of here, okay?"

Egil's light dinner is amazing. The supernatural beast tastes delicious. His need for the mystic energy is sated for the moment. Rooting around Egil finds a couple pretty cool things: Heavy Plasma Ejector
OOC Comments
(Range
30/60/120, Damage 3d10+3, RoF 1, Mega Damage),
and a L-20 Pulse Laser Rifle
OOC Comments
(Range 25/50/100, Damage 3d6+1, RoF 4, AP 2)
.

NO
There is no audible or visual cue, but Whisper senses a mystic "pop" as her attacks on the talisman succeed. She no longer feels her power being sucked into the talisman. She's weakened, but no longer helpless. The brodkli don't seem to notice any different. She knows she's only a few minutes away from the power of the ley line.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
AwkTek nods his head to the northwest, "I am not stopping you. Just curious is all. Be safe."

In the air, he catches the comms from Egil, "You promise no tapping, Egil, we can both go to the Ley Line and Nexus together."

With powerful and sure wingstrokes, AwkTek recovers the distance he had left the camp. Landing near Egil and very quickly, he motions for Egil to get up into the empty saddle. Noticing the villagers coming from the caged area the Bop, he takes to the air as Egil is getting settled. "Between you and me Egil, who do you think scares people more?"

As quickly as he can, AwkTek wisks himself and Egil towards the ley Line and then on towards the Nexus. AwkTek can feel the energy rolling up in waves from the Ley Line when they get near. "Egil can you tap that energy from up here or would you need to be in the Line to do that?"

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 94
Reply with quote
Tanya kept an eye on the interactions as best she could--the fight seemed to have died down, thankfully.

"Forager pilot, we have no quarrel with you. Your honesty is appreciated, and as long as you leave peacably, no one will ambush you. I suggest you stay clear of Garnet Town for a while, though."

As AwkTech finished his conversation with the pilot and began to fly Egil over toward the nexus, she turned her attention to more immediate and practical matters as she disengaged her suit's stabilization.

"Chevy, how many prisoners? I doubt they will fit comfortably in the 'Bop. We may need to get creative to get them back to town in a timely fashion. I'm on my way over to do what I can. Everyone, stay alert."

The last bit hardly needed saying, but it didn't hurt. Undoubtedly, there was something else going on in Garnet Town.

OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Permanent Effects:
+2 Notice from Glitter Boy Sensors (Total 5)
Danger Sense (Detect surprise or ambush with Notice -2)

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
Yes.

As the constant siphon of her power ceased, a thin dark mist began rising from her skin here and there, as though she were smoldering. The Shadow was so close here, at night away from the lights of the camp. She could feel it pressing against her now...could reach over and dip her fingers into it.

Whisper whispered. Her voice was siblant, murmuring noises that sounded like words without quite being intelligible, like a conversation barely overheard from across the room. Wisps of black fog curled off of her, and twined around the brodkil's faces...only to be sucked into them when they inhaled.

Weariness struck abruptly; the bone-deep tired of a long day of work now over. A warm comfort. They'd done their work well, and now they were safe, and ready for rest. Pleasant dreams of conquest and bloodshed beckoned.

As the brodkil reeled under the force of the spell, Whisper drew the Shadow to herself, and evaporated into a wisp of dark mist.

OOC Comments
Whisper casts Greater Slumber on the brodkil for 4 PPE. It has the 'Darkening' trapping that inflicts a penalty on their Spirit roll equal to the current Lighting penalty. Because it's Greater there is an additional penalty of -2, or -4 on a raise.
Result: Greater Slumber: 22, Invisibility: 19
Brodkil penalty: -4 + whatever the current darkness penalty to visibility is. Their vision doesn't change the penalty for this purpose, it's not about how well they can see, but rather how dark it is out.

With a raise on Invisibility, Whisper is completely invisible. She's at -6 to Notice to be seen, and attackers suffer a -6 penalty to hit her, if she's noticed.

Spellcasting 1d10 = 1 (1) or 1d6 = 5 (5)
Hm. Going to Benny reroll that: 1d10 = 10 (10) or 1d6 = 6 (6)
Best Benny Ever! 1d10 = 10 (10)
lol...just gratuitous now: 1d10 = 2 (2)

As a free action costing no PPE, Whisper will then turn invisible using Shadow Meld. 1d10 = 10 (10) or 1d6 = 4 (4)
Ace 1d10 = 9 (9)


Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 3 (2)

Permanent Effects: +2 to all Notice rolls, Psychic Sense

Temporary Effects: -1 to all Trait rolls for 20 minutes


Egil nearly jumps out of his skin when Awktech lands next to him. When the dragon agrees to the psi-stalker climbing aboard, he jumps again in pure glee. He then spends a few moments adjusting the two new weapons he has acquired. First, trying to wield both at the same time, then slinging one, then the other, before finally deciding to carry the plasma ejector; despite the fact it's way too heavy for him. Finally, somewhat overloaded, he climbs aboard the waiting dragon.

“Don’t worry Awk’, I just drained that brodkil leader dry. All filled up with some to spare. I can’t believe this is happening, by the way. This is mega-awesome. Should I say something as we take off? Like ‘High-O Silver’...but you are not silver so maybe that won’t work. Well at least we need some tunes befittin’ this situation. Hey Chevy, play track two on that playlist I gave ya. Yeah, you know the one….”


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV4Tov1GBM

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
Watching Egil struggle with weapons. "Stow those on the back of the saddle. Should be tie down straps for both of them. Wouldn't want to lose those during flight."

"Saddle has onboard audio. Try this one." https://youtu.be/py_e0NdQ61A.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 169
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 9:30p (Fortification day 1/5) Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: At active Nexus w/ Rift
  • Weather: Dark, 60 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Ilustrative Map
Map Key
Detailed Map -- Note updates!

TURN THE LIGHTS DOWN LOW (Chevy, Adam, Zima)
Between the Skorpion and Bop, the thirteen prisoners are loaded up for a safe return to Garnett Town. They are silent on the way back, most look hungry and tired. Some huddle together. When they come rolling into town, coming to a stop in the town square, the reaction is slow at first but soon spreads like wildfire throughout the citizens. Very quickly the Tomorrow Legion team is surrounded by cheering townsfolk.

It's at least five minutes before Lithari arrives. By then the rescued prisoners are free and mingling with their loved ones and friends, so the mayor is able to talk to the Nameless with little interruption.

"I am so thankful that you have succeeded. We had little hope," she says, climbing aboard Bop, the grumpy dwarf hanging back to talk with Adam and Chevy--the leaders he perceives.

"Mayor, these folks did a fine job. We didn't know what was happening and then the young man opens the cage and here we are." Old Man Duncan says to the Mayor. His gruff looking face is still scowling, but his eyes show approval.

Lithari is about to say something when....

A giant flash of light bursts forth from the northwest, lancing up into the night. The blue light flattens and then forms a narrow lens. It expands, the rim of the lens widening and a tear forming down the center. Blue lightning races across the expanding disc, but the field in the center is no longer pure light. It is becoming translucent, transparent, the light turning into a doorway to somewhere else!

"The nexus!" Lithari shouts. Duncan follows with his own outburst, "No! not a rift!"

Ulrich, as if roused from some deep slumber says, You three must go, I vill protect townsvolk!"

AND IT'S GOING, DEATH COMES RIPPING (Egil, Awktek)
For the two Nameless winging in towards the nexus, it's a light show that almost boggles the mind. Awktek has to bank out of the way of the pulsing mystic energy. As they swoop around the forming rift, the light is dazzling and neither dragon nor stalker can see much of what's going on on the ground. There is definitely a large shape coalescing on the other side of the rift!

The air is infused with mystic energy. It makes all of Egil's hair, no wait, all of Awktek's hair, damn, well it would make the hair stand up if someone there had hair.

YOU FEEL THE HEAT AS DEATH COMES RIPPING (Whisper)
Power pulsed through the ley lines, they seemed to grow as the night deepened. She is within the ley line's boundary when the brodkil finally keel over, asleep. She flops on the ground, and is able to extract herself from the tumbled sub-demon. Despite the blue glow, there are still shadows for Whisper to hide in and she slinks across the ground until she's found a suitable dark space and she vanishes.

She could see Symon standing with his face to the rift in the classic shifter pose, arms raised and horned head looking to the hideous monster becoming clearer by the second...

What are you doing?

Note: For narrative purposes: Chevy, Adam and Zima are two minutes from the rift at top speed. Egil and Awktek are 10s away. Whisper is at ground zero.

+1 Bennie each for Egil and Awktek's soundtrack.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:


Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
"All this ruckus, and in the end it's just to summon some fool thing," Whisper said aloud. "All the power of magic at your fingers and this is the best you could come up with. You lack imagination, Symon. I'd thought about leaving you alive, just to relish the thought of you going to the others and begging their forgiveness for losing their pet. And to let them know that I'd be coming for them."

"But no."


She breathed in, and shadows pulled inward from the perimeter of the light from the nexus...streaming inward and coiling around the spot Whisper was in. A vortex, a tornado of dark light that twisted and grew into a shape. A towering shape. The strange black energy crystallized, making the shadow shape into something very solid, very real. A reptilian head atop a sinuous neck. Batlike wings half-spread over a powerfully muscled four-legged body. The long tail that dragged impatiently to and fro over the ground behind it.

A dragon, cast in obsidian scales, with burning violet eyes.

Whisper did not usually show the full extent of her mastery...preferring to keep that card tucked away up her sleeve for when it was needed. But there would be no witnesses to this, or so she thought. None that survived.

"Goodbye, Symon," the creature spoke. Each word sounded like stone grinding on stone; the final closing of a heavy tomb door.

OOC Comments
Spellcasting to Shapeshift. 1d10 = 4 (4) or 1d6 = 1 (1)
Hm...benny again, I think. 1d10 = 2 (2) or 1d6 = 5 (5)
Ah well, I think that's enough, if not as impressive as the slumber, lol.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 205
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1) Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Constant Effects: None
Temporary Effects: +2 to Notice from Bop's sensors


As the light show blossoms in the distance, Chevy exclaims in an awed tone, "Mother-forking shirtballs."

At Ultich's command, he springs into action, checking to make sure all passengers have exited the ATV and calling out to Radecliffe, "Saddle up, Prof. It's showtime!"

As soon as able, he puts the Bop into gear and spins to head in the direction of the rift before stomping on the accelerator. A small corner of his mind is yelling about the wisdom of heading towards a Rift, but he's used to ignoring common sense.

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4


Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 160
Reply with quote
The Ley Line literaly reaches up and caresses the dragon's scales. The rush of energy does cause his scales to stand on end. The onboard music switches, https://youtu.be/IbYG30ucL7Q. "Now where did that come from?"

The Bass Keeps Runnin Runnin
    Notice 2
  • Notice 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
  • Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

    Common Knowledge 5
  • Common Knowledge 1d8 = 3 (3)
  • Wild CK 1d6 = 5 (5)


"Dragonriders of Pern ain't got nothing on this," AwkTek says to Egil as they circle the Rift. His ability to notice anything is still greatly obscured.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note: None.
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: 1; Healer
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech - 11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (End 2nd Qtr)


Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+1 = 3 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 3 (2)

Psionics 1d10+3 = 9 (6)
Wild Die 1d6+3 = 8 (5)

Action: Spending +4 ISP to gain a bonus on Boost Trait activation

Permanent Effects: +2 to Notice, Psychic Sense

Temporary Effects: Strength +2 die, -1 Trait rolls (getting it together), Ley Line


Egil concentrates and summons his inner strength to better wield the heavy plasma ejector he is carrying. Every once in awhile he checks to make sure the rest of his gear is stowed and locked down tight. The flight for him is exhilarating and he constantly bounces up in the saddle as if in time with a galloping horse--even though no such action is needed in flight.

“Well Awktech, I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I don’t really know what bubblegum even is.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 3 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 12 (30)/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.