View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Part I: Emissary to the Federation 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 243
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CASTLE REFUGE
  • Location: Northern Arkansas
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 0915 October 21 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
  • Weather: Sunny, 42 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, light clouds


MEXICAN SLAYRIDE

Flashback wrote:
105 PA--Last transmission of Infiltration Team 11, Dr Hank Wilson
"We breached the hive, aarraaghhaheeeggeghhe They're in the walls! Fuck they're in the walls! They're, oh god, god, nooooooooooooo, awwwwwweeeeeeeeeee, nooo, squeelch."
End Transmission


Summer is over, for real this time, no more autumnal false starts. It's getting cold. The humidity of summer is nearly gone, dry is the new descriptor. It's autumn. The equinox has come and gone, and the celebrations over. Magical defense squads that had stood vigilant against the threat of demonic incursion during the highly magical period have returned to normal duties. It's pretty calm in Castle Refuge right now.

Through various channels, the Nameless are brought back together, summoned for a briefing. The tone of the summons is ominous. Slated for a 9:15am start time. They have been instructed to report directly to level 6 of the Legion Hall, Sergeant Major Thunderaxe's office.

But he's not there. Sitting at the head of the small conference table is Councilwoman Paula Michelson. She says, "Please sit." Her tone and the gravitas of her voice makes refusing seem like the most ridiculous and foolish idea one could ever have.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 3/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:14 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 86
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Spirit to stay focused 1d8-1 = 7 (8) + 1d8 = 5 (5) =13
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 0 (1)

Permanent Effects: +2 Notice and Tracking, Uncanny Reflexes -2 to hit


Egil shows up on time but decides he is more comfortable sitting on the floor. Miraculously, however, he is incredibly focused and attentive to the Councilwoman. He had very much wanted to go see Chuck Jones today, but even the preference to peruse the Northern Gun shop over a briefing did not distract him.

"What can we do for you Ma'am?"

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 5 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 30/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
AwkTek is still not comfortable with all the knowledge and information he has recently discovered and uncovered. AwkTek considers the proper pronunciation of his name, Jiànzhú shī, The Architect. Even amongst the confusion of so much information he has found answers to at least keep him content while he seeks better understanding.

Rising from the floor amongst piles of materials and equipment in his assigned room, Architect now knows what he is to do for the time being. Strolling over to a sturdy mannequin, he starts donning the armor that he found on his skiff, The Ark.

Speaking of the Ark, Jiànzhú shī surveys the floor and walls of his barracks. Amazing that the contents and framework were ables to disassemble as they did. The Ark now resides in pieces throughout his barracks room.

Finishing with the buckling of his armor, Jiànzhú shī, lifts his father's sword from the weapons rack near the door. Tying the sword around his waist he looks in the mirror, pleased with image.

Before heading out the door and towards the briefing room, he picks up a carefully crafted scroll on rice paper.

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 243
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CASTLE REFUGE
  • Location: Northern Arkansas
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 0918 October 21 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
  • Weather: Sunny, 42 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, light clouds


CHILDREN OF JAMESTOWN
"Mmmm. I thought there were more of you," the Councilwoman says frowning. She gives Awktek and Egill a tight smile. Standing up she moves to the desk and leans against it facing the two Legion members. "You're Egil Skallgrim, and you are? Awktek? Hmm. So hard to tell with dragons sometimes." She glances at the clock on the wall. Another tight smile, "I guess if we wanted a regular unit, we wouldn't have requested the help of the Nameless." Again she glances at the clock, clearly annoyed and trying not to let it affect her cool demeanor.

"Many, probably most, of our SET operations result in tragedy. Even some of our outreach teams have a bad track record. Do you realize how bright a mark you made by not only saving Garnet Town from a demonic horde, not to mention the Coalition, but by making them an ally too? That's why you're here. What do you two think about that?"

Flashback wrote:
    "You are the Volunteers in the High Risk Mission Company of Iron Heart's 4th Battalion, you will fight for the Emperor, you will die for the Emperor. Those are your priorities. You are not fighting for yourself anymore, you are fighting for your Emperor and your families, those are your priorities. None of them require you to survive."

    -

    "Alright you pieces of shit! You have a chance to make the Emperor proud! Redeem you sorry asses! You are now VOLUNTEERS! You have been armed, you have been trained, now it's time, not to live or die, but time to KILL! Hustle hustle hustle! On the ready line, the line you sorry maggots!"

    -

    "Sir, deployment vehicle away,"

    "Thank you specialist. Pilot, egress from this AO, rapidly. Let's hope we didn't waste another VDV."


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 3/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
The overhead lights in the room flickered briefly and buzzed. Then the door opened and Whisper let herself in. Her deep indigo-violet cloak's hood was raised up over her head, and she had on a pair of goggles with smoked quartz lenses that seemed completely opaque from the outside. The usual 'mist' of shadow that rose off of her was absent...if not for the color of her skin and unusual garments she'd seem completely normal. Since coming to Castle Refuge she'd taken to wearing a sort of loose 'tabard' over the black links of her armor, in shades of midnight blue with pinpricks of yellow and white like stars.

"Please accept my apology, Councilwoman," she said quietly as she selected and took a seat. "I've been adjusting to keeping daylight hours with...mixed success."


Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
Nodding to Whisper, "Good to see you about, ma'am. Decided to toss your fate in with the Nameless then?"

Turning back towards the councilwoman, his armor creeking and stretching a bit, ArkTek raises his helmeted eyes to meet the councilwoman's.

"Madame Councilwoman, our diplomats are a charming Glitter Gal and Professor Radecliffe, who regretfully is no longer with us."

"I would say the Nameless are more concerned about the well being of all those we come across and less so about being glory hounds."

Looking over at Egil, "Don't worry Whitey, there will be plenty of time to explain the new look. One could say, I have just arrived from the Motherland."

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Whisper gives Awktek a coy smile, a flash of whiter-than-white teeth against ebony lips.

"I appreciate the name of the Nameless," she says, "And since we've worked before, and I'm aware there's a vacancy on the team that suits my particular skills, well...it seemed a natural fit. With the approval of the team and Councilwoman, of course."


Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:03 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
AwkTek extends his hand, pauses for a second and takes off his glove. "I am Architect from the Celestial Court."

"As we are short of personel, Egil and myself," AwkTek elbows Egil, "are here to give you an official welcome to the Nameless."

"Hopefully Chevy and Zima arrive here soon."

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Tiberius sighs in relief as he finally locates the correct room. This edifice is a warren! Only to be expected from dwarven construction as my father always used to say. Looking down he made one final check to ensure his appearance was acceptable and sighed again. Taller than most humans at 6' 3" but slender of build Tiberius reflected the typical attributes of his fae heritage. Delicate features that were both striking and alien at the same time. Pointed ears peeked out from his white-blond hair tied back in a ponytail while piercing almost blue eyes seemed to see more than just the mundane world. He twitched his shoulders to settle his armor on his frame a little better and tucked his helmet under his arm. Well, time to stop stalling...

Pushing the door open Tiberius enters the room to find the Councilwoman and several of what he presumed were among his new teammates. He had read the dossiers that had been provided to him so he had some idea as to what to expect. No mention of an Silhouette in the files. She must be new as well. Curious. Bowing slightly to the Councilwoman Tiberius makes his apologies. "I am sorry I am late Madame Councilwoman but I am still getting used to the layout of the Castle. I hope I have not held up the proceedings." Tiberius' English is fluent though there is a slight accent that is difficult to identify. Turning to the members of the Nameless he bows slightly and says, "Good morning. I am Tiberius, Cyber-Knight. I have been tasked to join your team for the foreseeable future. It is my sincere hope you will find my performance in the field acceptable." Then he moves to greet each in turn.

Holding his hand out to the seated Egil he will shake the Crazy's hand. "You must be Egil. I suspect we will be working closely together. If it comes to a fight you can be sure that I will have your back come what may."

He then offers his hand to AwkTek. "Ah the young dragon!" he says with a smile. "I am pleased to meet you. That armor is very impressive though I am not familiar with the design."

Taking Whisper's hand he will smiles again. "You have me at a loss, my lady. I was not aware of any other additions to the team other than myself. As I said, I am Tiberius and I hope you will come to call me friend once we get to know one another."

Turning back to the Councilwoman he continues, "My apologies again, Madame Councilwoman, for the interruption."


Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
The eyes behind his mask revealed nothing but internally he was shocked. An elf and a silhouette, and here AwkTek thought he was the unique one.

Shaking the elf's hand, "The armor is my own design but has strong pre-rifts 9th century central asian influences."

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Whisper shakes the elf's hand, studying him through those black quartz lenses over her eyes.

"Yes, I'm a field acquisition, you might say. As for what I call you...I'm sure something like that can be arranged. For my part, call me Whisper."

She smiles.


Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 86
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Permanent Effects: +2 Notice and Tracking, Uncanny Reflexes -2 to hit


Egil jumps up when Awktek nudges him. He bows to Whisper, displaying the various knobs and implant protrusions in his skull all linked together with an intricate tribal tattoo pattern. The skin around some looks a little irritated as if they were recently adjusted or installed. In fact, some show gouges and scratches as if someone tried to adjust them with a screwdriver!?!

“Welcome to the Nameless. You could not have made a better choice in SET’s to join. ‘Course you knew that already since you saw how awesome we were in action. We’re glad to have you on board and I promise not to try and eat you.”

In the uncomfortable silence that follows, Egil just smiles. Then what he said dawns on him and he looks over at Awktek,

“Shouldn’t have said that out loud?”

Luckily Tiberius enters and introduces himself to alleviate the awkwardness. Egil takes his hand readily.

“Nice to meet you Tiberius. I already like your style and you can count on me to have your back as well. We had another Cyber-Knight once, his name was Seth. Good guy until he rode off on a griffin. Kinda moody, but I think it was because he never had good magic mojo. Never got the chance to eat with him, heck I didn’t even know Cyber-Knights were like us psi-stalkers until I met him. You seem like you have very refined tastes, though. A nicely aged necromancer with a side of possessing entities, perhaps?

As the room falls silent again,

“What?”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 5 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 30/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
AwkTek is not phased in the least by Egil's comments and pats the Psi-Stalker on the back. "Heed Egil's words with some caution, he gets a sense that something isn't right with a person, they generally wind up his snack and then dead. He is good with what he does and he does what he is good at really well."

Pausing to look the other two over, "It will be nice to have another close quarters combat heavy in the party. Despite my current look, I am less skilled in combat than others of the dragon race. So you are not shocked later by it," AwkTek projects an image of his true self to the members of the Nameless in the briefing room.


Attachments:
Jiànzhú shī Dragon.jpg
Jiànzhú shī Dragon.jpg [ 61.5 KiB | Viewed 87 times ]

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 243
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CASTLE REFUGE
  • Location: Northern Arkansas
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 0925 October 21 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
  • Weather: Sunny, 42 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, light clouds


PROS AND CONS

"Two new, two old, well, it'll have to work," the councilwoman says not discretely at all surveying the Nameless in attendance.

She looks at Whisper and gives her a tight smile. "We need you local expertise on this mission." Sweeping her eyes over everyone else she says, "And the rest of you, every skill and ability you possess will like be not just necessary, but critical." She turns to the desk and activates a basketball size hologram hovering a few inches above the desk. The recording that it shows is pretty horrific. Bug like creatures are ripping and tearing at something, and it's only when the image tracks back a bit and the scale becomes discernible that the size of the creatures truly hits home. They are bigger than a person, all claws and mandibles. Xiticix. The scene shifts. This time everything up close is still, but the towering alien spires in the distance are swarming with insects. Again, the scale is deceptive. The tiny creatures buzzing around the mushroom shaped towers are easily ten feet tall.

"Xiticix. While other threats may seem more pressing, many think these aliens are our the disaster looming on the horizon. And noone seems to be preparing for it. Lazlo's Council of Learning understands the threat, but not all of the powers of that nation understand that there is only one solution to this problem." She pauses, reading everyone's expressions and reactions. "So, we want you to go into the Federation."

"Don't worry, we don't want you to talk to Duncson. We do want you to go to Dweomer. Plato, as much as he wants to, does not have the official approval to start negotiations or diplomatic relations. At least not openly. The Tomorrow Legion has many ties to Lazlo, but we do not represent, nor are we bound by their directives." Again she pauses. "What do any of you know about the Lords of Magic?"

"You can't just walk in there, we'll give you something to help, of course. But you will have to use a little charm and tact."

The hologram has shifted to show an "artist's rendering" of the City of Dweomer, all spires and arches and soaring columns. "You'll go undercover, more or less. You're not 'disavowed' or off the books or anything silly, just don't fly the Tomorrow Legion flag as you drive around."

"Questions, shoot."

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 3/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:33 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
"I have heard rumors about these giant insects. Oddly enough they aren't known to exist where I am from."

"So we are going as emissaries into Federation Territory. Are we to lend combat support or are we there strictly as observes?"

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Whisper looked from AwkTek to the Councilwoman, then back again.

"I, uh...excuse me, let me just interrupt for a moment. I feel I must be missing something. Almost all of this unit, myself and the dragon excluded, are entirely reliant on technology, yes? And one of them is a psi-stalker. No amount of false names and greased palms will let them walk through Dweomer unnoticed. Egil in particular wouldn't even be allowed in. He'd be lucky not to be fired upon as he approached. The rest...well, I haven't been to the White City before, but from what I'm led to understand they keep a close eye on anyone with heavy weaponry and vehicles...and one of your operatives pilots a glitterboy armor?"

The silhouette shook her head.

"There must be more to this plan I haven't heard yet, yes?"


Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
"A valid point my lady." Tiberius conceded, "though I am sure they would not bar my entrance. There are few places the reputation of a Cyber-Knight cannot gain access to." pausing he frowned before continuing. "I am also fairly confident that mundanes such as Chevy should not be an insurmountable problem but I take your point about a Psi-Stalker causing a stir if known." A most astute observation indeed Tiberius thought to himself. Her expertise in Federation lore should stand us in good stead.

Turning to Egil he continues, "take no offense Master Egil but it is entirely possible that the practitioners of Dweomer may not welcome you with open arms. On the other hand deception seems like a poor idea and leaving him outside the city on his own seems impractical so I would also assume the Councilwoman has a plan for this eventuality? Surely there must be psi stalkers that visit the city from time to time in some capacity." turning back to the Councilwoman he raises an inquisitive eyebrow.


Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Whisper looked at Tiberius again.

"A cyberknight...correct me if I'm wrong, but your powers come from psionics, yes? Not cybernetics? If so, then you may be overestimating your welcome. The rumors I've heard of Dweomer suggest that the Lords of Magic are not fond at all of psionics. The more powerful, the less tolerated."

She shrugs.

"I was a captive within the True Federation, of course, so the reliability of my sources is in question...but I've heard these things often enough, from a wide enough variety of sources, that I feel there is very likely truth to them."


Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Tiberius smiles faintly, "while it is true that the source of a Cyber-Knight's power is a fusion of mind, body and spirit and I have attained some measure of skill in wielding that power it is the reputation of the Order that I speak of. While that reputation has been tarnished somewhat after the events in Tolkeen it is unlikely that even the lords of Dweomer would risk offending the order by barring one of us from their city. They may not fall over themselves to throw me a party but I believe they will receive us with an open mind."

Raising his hand he summons forth his psi-sword and its white light fills the room. The blade is long and slender much like the longsword he remembered his father using that day long ago when he first came to this world. "A Cyber-Knight's sword is not merely a construct of psychic energy, it is an extension of his very soul. It is the sum total of everything that a Knight swears to uphold." With a thought Tiberius dismisses the sword and it vanishes as suddenly as it had appeared.

His smile transforming to a mischievous grin Tiberius finishes, "And if they choose to bar our way we will just have to come up with a plan B!"


Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Now it's Whisper's turn to smile.

"I admire your spirit. However, you should be aware that Alistair Dunscon hates Dweomer and the Lords of Magic. The only thing he hates more is the Coalition States. This is relevant because, unlike the Coalition, the Lords of Magic dwell virtually in his backyard, and he does nothing. Why? Because he dares not. They are not to be trifled with by the likes of us...and I suspect they will not be impressed by poetry about your powers, as impassioned as it may be."

She lifts a hand to rub one of her cheeks with her fingertips in a reflective moment.

"Perhaps our contact within the city can help us though."


Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 86
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Permanent Effects: +2 Notice and Tracking, Uncanny Reflexes -2 to hit


Egil frowns as Midnight describes all of the issues of a psi-stalker being in the Federation. He is losing interest fast in this assignment but perks up when Tiberius ignites his psi-sword.

“By the power of Grayskull!

“I need to learn how to do that..Anyway, we are supposed to be diplomats for the Legion. That means we have ‘Diplomatic Immunity’, right? I could go in there and taste the warlock rainbow and then just say ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ and as long as its enunciated real clear in a condescending tone, everything will be fine.

Egil curls his lip and sneers, “Diiiploomatic Immuuunity! And then, BAM, Battle Magi just step back.”

Seeing the reaction of his companions, Egil gins and holds up his hands apologetically.

“Or I could be the guy who never takes his helmet off. That guy was way cooler and more badass than the cyber-knights in those pre-rifts vids. No offense, Tiberius.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 5 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 30/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
"We can't very well be clandestine if we're claiming diplomatic immunity," Whisper chuckles.

To the Councilwoman she says, "Things have perhaps digressed somewhat. May I refocus us?"

"The goal here is for us to obtain the cooperation of the Lords of Magic in a joint venture involving the Tomorrow Legion and Dweomer? And...Lazlo? Against the Xiticix? This business about us infiltrating Dweomer is a means to that end?"


Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 243
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CASTLE REFUGE
  • Location: Northern Arkansas
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 0930 October 21 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
  • Weather: Sunny, 42 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, light clouds


A SMALL AND DEADLY WAR

AwkTech wrote:
"I have heard rumors about these giant insects. Oddly enough they aren't known to exist where I am from."

"So we are going as emissaries into Federation Territory. Are we to lend combat support or are we there strictly as observes?"

"You are going as emissaries of the Tomorrow Legion, but under cover. Don't advertise it until you get to Dweomer. You can fight however much you need to, you will have to for sure in that area of the world. But you are not Tomorrow Legion military aid, if things get hairy, get out," Michelson says to Awktech.

Egil Skallgrim wrote:
Egil shows up on time but decides he is more comfortable sitting on the floor. Miraculously, however, he is incredibly focused and attentive to the Councilwoman. He had very much wanted to go see Chuck Jones today, but even the preference to peruse the Northern Gun shop over a briefing did not distract him.

"What can we do for you Ma'am?"


She gives Egil a small smile. "I hope that you can help save the world, we do, I should say."

Whisper wrote:
Whisper looked from AwkTek to the Councilwoman, then back again.

"I, uh...excuse me, let me just interrupt for a moment. I feel I must be missing something. Almost all of this unit, myself and the dragon excluded, are entirely reliant on technology, yes? And one of them is a psi-stalker. No amount of false names and greased palms will let them walk through Dweomer unnoticed. Egil in particular wouldn't even be allowed in. He'd be lucky not to be fired upon as he approached. The rest...well, I haven't been to the White City before, but from what I'm led to understand they keep a close eye on anyone with heavy weaponry and vehicles...and one of your operatives pilots a glitterboy armor?"

"There must be more to this plan I haven't heard yet, yes?"


"That is a good point, Whisper." Michelson replies. She stands up and walks back to the table. She lays down an envelope. She points at it and says, "Yes. Good points. We, the Tomorrow Legion, represent a very diverse group. We would not be representing a good, what's the word, cross section of who we represent." She pauses, "It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to you in Dweomer. I've never been, but I have heard the stories." Picking up the envelope again, she pulls out a pair of photos (old kind, actually, the kind produced by a TW camera).

Photos
Image Image


"That's your way into Dweomer. She's Nivanh De Saint Jores. She may look like a Mystic Knight, and in some respects that's true," the councilwoman continues. "She in a different mystic order now, and on our side." Michelson hands the photos to Whisper and gives her a genuine smile, "Thankfully, supposedly even the Lords of Magic think Glitter Boys are heroes."

Tiberius wrote:
Turning to Egil he continues, "take no offense Master Egil but it is entirely possible that the practitioners of Dweomer may not welcome you with open arms. On the other hand deception seems like a poor idea and leaving him outside the city on his own seems impractical so I would also assume the Councilwoman has a plan for this eventuality? Surely there must be psi stalkers that visit the city from time to time in some capacity." turning back to the Councilwoman he raises an inquisitive eyebrow.


The smile turns into a small frown, "No, I have no idea how you will deal with that issue. But that's why you are a 'Special' team."

Whisper wrote:
To the Councilwoman she says, "Things have perhaps digressed somewhat. May I refocus us?"

"The goal here is for us to obtain the cooperation of the Lords of Magic in a joint venture involving the Tomorrow Legion and Dweomer? And...Lazlo? Against the Xiticix? This business about us infiltrating Dweomer is a means to that end?"


"Yes, a joint venture. Not just between the Castle and Lazlo either. We have similar teams going to independent nations north, south and west. Infiltration isn't the right word, I think that makes it sound too sneaky. Undercover is for safety. No need to conceal anything from the Lords of Magic or their representative." She shrugs, "If you can accomplish a meeting to this end and never set foot in Dweomer, that would be a perfectly satisfactory outcome." With her eyes sweeping over the group, she adds, "And we're not asking you to negotiate a treaty, more this is just establishing communications, a dialog, along these lines."

"Now, Nivanh will link up with you in Stormspire. She's the enforcer for one of our agents there, it also allows her to put up a show of still being a Mystic Knight. There are hundreds of techno-wizard shops in Stormspire but only a handful of mundane-tech places. You'll find her in one of those, Basic Metal & Junk, is what it was called last time they checked in." She pulls a folded piece of paper from the envelope, "Here, these are the basic talking points. Nothing complicated."

Talking Points
Attachment:
Talking points.pdf [38.97 KiB]
Downloaded 5 times


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 3/6

Murder Hobos:


Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 190
Reply with quote
AwkTek has stood silent through everything that has transpired.

"What has been the outcome of encounters with the Xicitix?"

"Have there been survivors from encounters with Xicitix?"

"Most intelligent beings tend to be curious about their enemies, what do we know about the Xicitix?"

_________________
AwkTek
AwkTek a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00
Action Cards: Last Stand - "Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt."
Bennies: 5/5

http://www.savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=119
AwkTech -
11 XP | 6.50 PPW | 4 EP (2nd Qtr 2017)
4 XP | 1.20 PPW | 1 EP (3rd Qtr 2017)
6 XP | 2.00 PPW | 2 EP (4th Qtr 2017)


Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Posts: 33
Reply with quote
Whisper stared at the image of their contact in Stormspire for a moment, memorizing the face, the armor, the name. This was automatic...almost a conditioned response by this time. Even as she did that, she fought down a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Stormspire was ostensibly part of the True Federation of Magic. Technically they owed fealty to Dunscon. From what Whisper understood K'zaa didn't take that very seriously, but at any given moment there would be innumerable soliders and spies of the True Federation in Stormspire conducting business or keeping an eye on things. If one of them recognized her all they'd have to do was inform the Lizard Mage ruler that there was a wanted fugitive sheltering in his city.

Walking in there wouldn't be as bad as showing up in the City of Brass...but it wasn't far off.

She could keep to the Shadow perhaps, avoid attention...but then why go at all? She wouldn't be able to use her abilities if she were hovering out of sight the whole time. A neat little bind.

"Well," Whisper said softly, "someone other than I will have to take point in Stormspire. It would be better for everyone if I don't show my face there in public. Fortunately, my talents mean that 'not showing my face' doesn't have to mean I'm not there at all."


Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 86
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6) + 1d6 = 2 (2) = 8

Permanent Effects: +2 Notice and Tracking, Uncanny Reflexes -2 to hit


Egil takes a look at the photo and, turns it upside down then back again before handing it back.

“Too much hair for my tastes.”

To Awktek, “Psi-stalkers hunt Xicitix all the time. Some tribes are pretty good at it. They are not to be taken lightly though as there seems to be no end to ‘em/ I’ve never seen a Queen myself, but they all come from one like bees or wasps. Big smart wasps with guns and spears. They spray stuff in the air like a skunk that can mark ya or call others to their location. You can kiss your arse goodbye if that happens, kinda like painting a target on yerself.

“They taste like a spindly overcooked French fry, and they leave an aftertaste that has serious staying power. Some of the warriors have a taste and texture like greasy chicken...yeah you probably don’t have any interest in that…

“I say we meet this contact. Get as close as we can to Dweomer and see what she says about gettin’ in. Set the ‘Bop up as a temporary base of operations outside the city and see what we see. Everybody’s got a plan until they are punched in the mouth, is what I say, best to adapt to what we see when we get there.”

_________________
Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim
OOC Comments
Race: Psi-Stalker
Iconic Framework: Crazy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 16 d8; Parry: 6; Uncanny Reflexes -2; Toughness:12 (5); Strain: 0 Bennies: 5 Cards: Mechanical Malfunction

ISP: 30/30
  • Boost/Lower Trait Cost 2
  • Illusion Cost: 3
  • Mystical Skin " Armor" Trapping: This power is self only but for +1 ISP can be activated as a free action.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=252


Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:47 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 243
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CASTLE REFUGE
  • Location: Northern Arkansas
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 0935 October 21 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Near ley line
  • Weather: Sunny, 42 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, light clouds


BLACK DAY AT BAD ROCK
"Well, that is perfect. You seem to already have a plan. Some of us were worried, some of us weren't. I have confidence," Michelson says standing up and adjusting her tunic. "I will leave you to your planning then. You know the mission, I won't tell you when to leave beyond: the sooner the better," she continues as she walks past the conference table. She plops a pad down, "Requisitions will quite literally come from the sergeant major's office. We are trying to keep your mission a little quiet." As she reaches the door, she turns around and says, "Mr. Thunderaxe doesn't actually know why I borrowed his office, so he may not be any more generous than normal with requisitions. He'll be back in 10 minutes, it'd be best if you're done by then. Thank you and I wish you the best." and with that she's gone.


Make requests for stuff!! No guarantees of course. Then get this show on the road!
What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 3/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.