A Fine Solution: Welcome to the World 5 - Lull in the Storm

Architect

Re: A Fine Solution: Welcome to the World 5 - Lull in the St

Post by Architect »

"Danke Schoen," AwkTek says without really noticing a change in language. Stepping inside he stops a few feet inside the door and inhales.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Zima

Post by Zima »

Tanya couldn't help but smile at Spellweaver's rejoinder. "Does seem to me he makes things harder for himself than they need to be. I'll probably end up helping out down in the garage sooner or later: I think that's where my skill set will be most useful. Maybe I can smooth some things over." Seeking to change the subject, she moved on--attempting, if a bit hesitantly, to seize on a particular fragment of her friend's past in a bid to spur a more positive turn of conversation: "When we went through the rift to come back to the castle, there was a ... moment of connection. From you, I felt ... something about a spear--a prized possession you fought hard to win." She gave a thin--though warm--smile. "Though it seemed like the real struggle came well before the true moment of contest. But there seemed to be ... a strong sense of pride--in the win, and in the prize you won."

She greeted Seth with a welcoming expression as he approached, and noticing Ulrich's arrival waved to him from their seat. By now, she was nearly finished eating, though she was considering lingering in the mess hall for a bit.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Architect

Post by Architect »

Seeing Zima, AwkTek thinks of a patch of foliage near his hatching.

The grasses were long and thick and easily obscured his egg it seemed. Amongst those grasses was a flower, resplendent, beautiful, and he found out shortly, covered with very sharp spines. Instead of taking the flower, he made a mental image of it. Now looking at Zima, she reminded him alot of that flower in the tall grasses. She belongs amongst the Nameless, just as the flower belonged amongst the tall grasses. It was not like she needed the protection of Nameless's members, for she could handle her own. Indeed she was a force to be respected and accepted.

Awktek waved to Zima and Weaver and skipped alongside Ulhrich into the mess hall.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

[quote="Zima"] "When we went through the rift to come back to the castle, there was a ... moment of connection. From you, I felt ... something about a spear--a prized possession you fought hard to win." She gave a thin--though warm--smile. "Though it seemed like the real struggle came well before the true moment of contest. But there seemed to be ... a strong sense of pride--in the win, and in the prize you won."

Spellweaver stroked his Chrysarium spear unconsciously. "That melee was something of a graduating tradition at the Collegium of Battle. The place I was trained to be a Battle Mage. Every year the graduating class would compete for an Artifact. That sleeping spell I used was one I mastered in secret. It was considered too advanced and therefore caught my fellow combatants off-guard. It was the fastest melee in the school's history. Honestly, the reason I cherish the memory is that I won without hurting any of the rest of my colleagues. Deaths and serious injuries are all too common in during this particular tradition."
http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=121
PPE: 20 Staff PPE: 10
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4(d6), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4); Pace: 6; Parry: 6(1); Toughness: 12(7); Strain: 0
Bennies: 4
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich walked over to the line and grabbed a tray. Within a minute he was seated at the table with the rest of the Nameless. Bowing his head he paid his respects to the sacrifices made so he could consume a meal and nodded to everyone before he began to eat.

''I see most uf us made it here to zhe hall for a warm meal zhat ve did not haf to hunt for ourselves.'' Ulrich chuckles ''Iz nice to haf zhat luxury again. Zhat und bathingk.'' With a smile Ulrich takes a spoonful of mashed potatoes.

Notice roll
Skill [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Seeing the crew all gathering in the Mess Hall Seth nods and waves to each.

In response to Spellweaver, "I would be very willing to assist you with the research you mentioned. I am obviously not savvy to using magic. I understand psionics, but what I might be able to do is hook you up with a Dragon I know. Her name is Vis...Visceral. An adult dragon I ran some...worked with, when in Tolkeen. She settled down in the Guild of the Gifted outside the Castle. If you want an expert adult dragon spell caster to assist you in your research I am sure I can pay her price. It would give you an outsiders input from a magic savvy being. Just a thought, I know she is...very versed in the arcane arts."

Seth grabs a few extra chairs from a nearby table and places them around the table for those who just arrived.

A young man sitting at the table from which the chairs were "borrowed" looks like he might say something until he catches Seth's eye and remains silent.

"Have a seat friends."

"Ulrich I spied a quick glance at your ride. Very interesting machine. Does it carry passengers?"

Raising a glass in salute the Cyber Knight makes light conversation with those present, a feat harder than you may realize.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Seth Merikh wrote: "Ulrich I spied a quick glance at your ride. Very interesting machine. Does it carry passengers?"
Ulrich finishes his first bite and shakes his head. "Nein. Unfortunately not. zhe shield generator takes up too much space. Zhere iz just enough space for storage uf mein survival gear. I am however vorkingk on condensingk zhe space uf zhe internal components so I can add a passenger seat or more cargo space.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Nodding the knight says:

"Nice. I have a fondness for power armor and vehicles. Yet know nothing about them. Had a friend, now dead, who used a Triax machine while we were in Tolkeen fighting the CS. He really was a life saver."

Smiling the knight absently points a warning finger at the young man at the adjacent table who looked like he finally worked up the courage to say something about stolen chairs. The man sighs and gets extra chairs from an unused table.
Zima

Post by Zima »

" ... Honestly, the reason I cherish the memory is that I won without hurting any of the rest of my colleagues. Deaths and serious injuries are all too common in during this particular tradition."
Tanya's smile widened slightly as Spellweaver made this confession--if it could be called that. Glad she'd taken this track, she nodded. The point, of course, was to learn about her colleague, but this particular discovery was one she was especially pleased to make. "I have learned to value non-lethal means of ending a struggle--I sometimes wish that my armor had a wider range of less-destructive options for offense."
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Notice
Skill [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Seth Merikh wrote:Seeing the crew all gathering in the Mess Hall Seth nods and waves to each.

In response to Spellweaver, "I would be very willing to assist you with the research you mentioned. I am obviously not savvy to using magic. I understand psionics, but what I might be able to do is hook you up with a Dragon I know. Her name is Vis...Visceral. An adult dragon I ran some...worked with, when in Tolkeen. She settled down in the Guild of the Gifted outside the Castle. If you want an expert adult dragon spell caster to assist you in your research I am sure I can pay her price. It would give you an outsiders input from a magic savvy being. Just a thought, I know she is...very versed in the arcane arts."
Spellweaver raised an eyebrow at Seth's offer, "The wisdom of a mystically initiated adult Dragon would be much appreciated Sir Merikh. How extraordinary the Legion is, that at least three dragons can live in comparatively close quarters. And even more extraordinary for me, where even the existence of a single dragon would be seen as a nigh impossible event. Your first day on the job and you've already contributed a great, Sir Merikh"
Zima wrote:
" ... Honestly, the reason I cherish the memory is that I won without hurting any of the rest of my colleagues. Deaths and serious injuries are all too common in during this particular tradition."
Tanya's smile widened slightly as Spellweaver made this confession--if it could be called that. Glad she'd taken this track, she nodded. The point, of course, was to learn about her colleague, but this particular discovery was one she was especially pleased to make. "I have learned to value non-lethal means of ending a struggle--I sometimes wish that my armor had a wider range of less-destructive options for offense."
"Surely you could acquire such a non-lethal weapon for your armor. I've met Glitter Boys in the past who carry a less, unwieldy, weapon as a sort of sidearm. I'm certain the Legion could find you something like a riot gun to serve that purpose."
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich lets out a short laugh.

"Vell vith a dragon on zhe table as somevon for Mr Spellweaver to confer vith, zhe friend I haf from anuther SET group whom happens to be a technomage vould be rather redundant vouldn't he." Ulrich smiles.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Sir Merikh smiles.

"I will go ask her if she is willing to help. I am sure she will. I...owe her an apology anyways, didn't know she was here until yesterday.

Also, I'm sure the more the merrier when it comes to ... researching, so maybe your friend the techno-mage could still help?"
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Chevy stalks into the cafeteria, obviously in search of someone or something, but manages to not catch sight of the group. His expression doesn't denote a light mood, and he doesn't linger long, intent on his search.

OOC: Okay, I'm officially calling it now. The dice roller is planning to kill me, I just know it. ;)
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Architect

Post by Architect »

The Quik-Flex entering the mess hall triggers AwkTek's senses. Raising his voice a little, "Looks like Chevy has gone from bad to worse."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Chevy wrote:Notice: [dice]5676:0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5676:1[/dice]

Chevy stalks into the cafeteria, obviously in search of someone or something, but manages to not catch sight of the group. His expression doesn't denote a light mood, and he doesn't linger long, intent on his search.

OOC: Okay, I'm officially calling it now. The dice roller is planning to kill me, I just know it. ;)
Spellweaver waves at Chevy. "How goes repairs?"
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Egil follows Chevy to the cafeteria.

“Owe me? You don’t owe me nuthin’. I know once we get the Bop sound system in place, we are going to listen to some awesome tune. I heard of this one band, back in the Golden Age that was a bunch of psi-stalkers. That was back when psi-stalkers had hair. It was all the magic energy that caused us to lose it, ya know. Anyway, they had Starchild, The Demon, Space Ace, and another dude that was a cat. Nobody liked him though….”

Seeing Spellweaver, Egil steps up for an embrace and then slowly, awkwardly, put his hands down to his sides.

“Not there yet, huh? Well, that’s ok. Repairs are goin’ great. I helped Chevy hear get some parts for the Bop. It’s gonna be better than ever. Wait, why are we here? Oh forgot, you guys need to eat. I will too, you know. All work and no magical energy makes the Edge dull. And nobody likes a dull edge.”

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Spellweaver wrote: Spellweaver waves at Chevy. "How goes repairs?"
Chevy freezes upon seeing Spellweaver. He stares, one eyebrow twitching. He takes a deep breath and, in as close an approximation to a calm tone as he can manage, begins.

"Very poorly. Apparently, the slug goop's effect extends beyond the gravimetric into the electromagnetic spectrum. When I tried disconnecting the power coupling so I could disassemble the differential, the entire electrical system fried. Now the repair bill's jumped a few zeroes."

Despite his best efforts, a growing tension creeps into his words.

"I was looking for you, actually, to ask if you'd found out how to get rid of the fraggin' stuff, to find you here, lounging around and stuffing your face. So, I'll take the answer to be a big fat no. Seeing as how I can't do anything more to the Bop until you do, I suppose I have nothing else to do but join you. So if you will excuse me, I'll go see if this dump has anything worth eating before I go find where I can bunk, since my usual sleeping quarters, that being the Bop, is now contaminated. Enjoy your meal."

Without saying another word, he spins around and marches off.
Chevy
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Chevy wrote:Notice: [dice]5773:0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5773:1[/dice]
Spellweaver wrote: Spellweaver waves at Chevy. "How goes repairs?"
Chevy freezes upon seeing Spellweaver. He stares, one eyebrow twitching. He takes a deep breath and, in as close an approximation to a calm tone as he can manage, begins.

"Very poorly. Apparently, the slug goop's effect extends beyond the gravimetric into the electromagnetic spectrum. When I tried disconnecting the power coupling so I could disassemble the differential, the entire electrical system fried. Now the repair bill's jumped a few zeroes."

Despite his best efforts, a growing tension creeps into his words.

"I was looking for you, actually, to ask if you'd found out how to get rid of the fraggin' stuff, to find you here, lounging around and stuffing your face. So, I'll take the answer to be a big fat no. Seeing as how I can't do anything more to the Bop until you do, I suppose I have nothing else to do but join you. So if you will excuse me, I'll go see if this dump has anything worth eating before I go find where I can bunk, since my usual sleeping quarters, that being the Bop, is now contaminated. Enjoy your meal."

Without saying another word, he spins around and marches off.
Notice
Wild [dice]0[/dice]
Skill [dice]1[/dice]

Spellweaver clenched his jaw tight. Who was this fool to speak him that way? It had only been 45 minutes. "I realize that you're having a difficult time Chevy. But those who don't have the attention span of a mayfly, would realize that research takes time."

Taunt at Chevy
Skill [dice]2[/dice]
Explosion [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Ace: [dice]4[/dice]

Smarts roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Chevy freezes in mid-step. He stays still and unmioving, except for his clenched fists slightly shaking.

OOC: Not quite sure where you're going by rolling a Taunt, but you got a success and a raise, so Spellweaver has a +2 to whatever he does next, and Chevy is Shaken.

Spirit roll: [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]6[/dice]

Chevy takes a deep breath and his stance loosens, but makes no other move.

OOC: I didn't get a Raise on Spirit roll so assumedly Spellweaver gets to take an action (if he so chooses) before Chevy takes his.
Chevy
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Ulrich gives both Spell Weaver and Chevy a quick look

"Gentlemen, I vould request zhat you refrain from hostilities vith von anuther. Zhis vill not help zhe situation. Chevy I understand you are havingk a string uf bad luck. Vould you like to sit und discuss it vith me at anuther table? I am here for mein team as more zhan just a squad leader. Any kind uf emotional stress can cause a decrease not only in field efficiency but also in quality uf day to day life."

Notice roll
Skill [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Ulrich wrote:Ulrich gives both Spell Weaver and Chevy a quick look

"Gentlemen, I vould request zhat you refrain from hostilities vith von anuther. Zhis vill not help zhe situation. Chevy I understand you are havingk a string uf bad luck. Vould you like to sit und discuss it vith me at anuther table? I am here for mein team as more zhan just a squad leader. Any kind uf emotional stress can cause a decrease not only in field efficiency but also in quality uf day to day life."

Notice roll
Skill [dice]5909:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]5909:1[/dice]
Notice
Skill [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Spellweaver waves his in acknowledgement. "Very well, I'll back off. He pulls his hand back to examine his nails. But Chevy, it would behoove you to remember who needs whose assistance. Your heap is on the line, after all.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Zima

Post by Zima »

Tanya folded her arms, leaning against the table, her gaze flicking between Chevy, Spellweaver, and Ulrich. She said little aloud, but she'd gone from 'standard cheerful' to 'all business' in a hurry. For the moment, her concentration was mostly on Ulrich, ready to back the Corporal up with whatever needed doing. She did speak up just long enough to say in a gentle, but firm tone: "Chevy, most of us have a place to stay here in the castle: that's part of our compensation. If you haven't been assigned yours yet, the Corporal or I would be happy to help."
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek had filled two trays full of food and was making his way back to the squad when tensions began flaring at an alarming rate. Placing his trays on the table he looked to Ulhrich who motioned for him to sit down and stay out of things. AAwkTek obliged and began to dig into his trays full of food. The dragonling having never been taught proper manners began consuming plates of fried chicken and BBQ ribs in rather quick succession, bones and all and making a very loud bone crunching sound (chewing with his mouth closed was news to him.)

He had taken a hamhock, bone and all and began devouring it, when cracked through the thick bone and found the succulent marrow inside. Presently he has begun sucking quite loudly on the bone.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Chevy turns around slowly to face Spellweaver. His face contorts in a theatrical mask of contrition as he proclaims in a mock apologetic tone, loudly enough to be heard by everyone still in the cafeteria, using exaggerated motions to emphasize his words and moving slowly back to the door.

"Oh, my humblest apologies, Mr. Master Magic-User Sir! My impertinence in burdening such an august personage as yourself with my trivial concerns is completely out of line! How arrogant of me to think the safety and well-being of such lowly worms as ourselves would be worthy of your regard. Please, please, remain and continue your research while I remove myself from your majestic presence!"

Just before he exits, he turns to Zima and, in a softer tone, says, "Thanks for the offer, Z, but I learned long ago how to take care of myself, because there was no one there to do it. Don't see that changing much now."

And he's gone.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

A hall, a door, a stairway, another hall, a hidden corner and a crash! Papers go flying, folders spew their contents, and someone's glasses shatter on the ground.
Chevy is fine, if not caught a little off guard. "Oh! Hmmm..." The human woman who fell to the ground rights herself and makes some frustrated noises at no one in particular as she scrambles to gather up her files. "I'm sorry, it was my fault, I should have been watching where I was going and... oh... my glasses are broken." She slumps against the stone wall in the hallway. "It's just been one of those days." She lets out a sigh and stares at the ceiling. She seems resigned to give up, at least temporarily, on salvaging the day.

Chevy notices two things. Firstly, she's got a nice big coffee stain down the front of what looks like it used to be relatively well kept office clothes, something one might wear to important meetings. Secondly, the woman is wearing an insignia that indicates she's one of the heads of the Council of Hope.

She checks her watch, reaches in to her purse, and extracts a silver flask of... something. She unscrews the cap, takes a sip, and extends her hand offering it to Chevy. "I don't like drinking alone."
GM Universal Bennies: 2
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:A hall, a door, a stairway, another hall, a hidden corner and a crash! Papers go flying, folders spew their contents, and someone's glasses shatter on the ground.
Chevy is fine, if not caught a little off guard. "Oh! Hmmm..." The human woman who fell to the ground rights herself and makes some frustrated noises at no one in particular as she scrambles to gather up her files. "I'm sorry, it was my fault, I should have been watching where I was going and... oh... my glasses are broken." She slumps against the stone wall in the hallway. "It's just been one of those days." She lets out a sigh and stares at the ceiling. She seems resigned to give up, at least temporarily, on salvaging the day.

Chevy notices two things. Firstly, she's got a nice big coffee stain down the front of what looks like it used to be relatively well kept office clothes, something one might wear to important meetings. Secondly, the woman is wearing an insignia that indicates she's one of the heads of the Council of Hope.
Chevy gives the woman a rueful smile, unsure whether she can even see it. "Story of my life," he muses sympathetically.

Offering his hand, he says, "Here, let me help you out. At least one of us shouldn't have a totally crappy day."
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

The woman looks up at Chevy and smiles empathetically. "You too?" Rather than taking his hand she hands him the flask and shuffles what she was carrying to the side. "Thanks for the help. I've got an hour and you look and smell like you just got back from a mission, so I'm assuming you've got the rest of the afternoon at least, and could probably use a drink. Sorry it's not stronger but help yourself, I can get more."

She pats the ground next to her indicating that she's not going to give him much choice.

"Sit. Drink. Misery loves company, so let's commiserate. At least one of us should feel better in comparison." She chuckles at her own joke, knowing it's only funny because it's true. "Paula Michaelson by the way, Councilor of diplomacy, though I hardly feel like it. So specialist, tell me about your day. You should probably start with your name though."

OOC: You probably didn't see the bit that I edited in about the flask because you're too. damn. fast. lol.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:The woman looks up at Chevy and smiles empathetically. "You too?" Rather than taking his hand she hands him the flask and shuffles what she was carrying to the side. "Thanks for the help. I've got an hour and you look and smell like you just got back from a mission, so I'm assuming you've got the rest of the afternoon at least, and could probably use a drink. Sorry it's not stronger but help yourself, I can get more."

She pats the ground next to her indicating that she's not going to give him much choice.

"Sit. Drink. Misery loves company, so let's commiserate. At least one of us should feel better in comparison." She chuckles at her own joke, knowing it's only funny because it's true. "Paula Michaelson by the way, Councilor of diplomacy, though I hardly feel like it. So specialist, tell me about your day. You should probably start with your name though."

OOC: You probably didn't see the bit that I edited in about the flask because you're too. damn. fast. lol.
Chevy hesitates for a second. The woman is by her admission a muckety-muck, and he remembers an ancient curse his mentor was wont to use once in a while. May you come to the attention of those in high positions.

He mentally shrugs in fatalistic acceptance. It really couldn't get any worse.

He slides down next to Michaelson and accepts the flask. Before taking a careful sip, he holds his hand out, this time in introduction. "I go by Chevy. I'm with the Nameless; we just came in from a mission."

OOC: What can I say? You caught me at a down-time work-wise, so I'm putzing about. Any effect from taking that sip? Is it firewater? Elven wine? Cough syrup?
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

The liquor tastes like Tennessee Whiskey. Not bad as far as whiskeys go, but taste in alcohols is always subjective. Tennessee Whiskey is probably the most common strong liquor in this area, possibly second to moonshine.

She takes his hand and shakes firmly. "I'm told it's hard to even give a quick-flex a buzz without some kind of a special drink that would knock out most other creatures, so help yourself." She takes a moment to look out an open window across the hall, there's warm sunlight and fresh air streaming through. "At least it's a beautiful day to have a bad day." Paula pauses for a second, thinking. "You guys brought back more Faelerin, didn't you? Found some resources as well? I heard it was your first time out as a team. Hammerheart and Henson were both impressed as hell. What could ruin that kind of a day?"

OOC: I think we are often posting at the same down times at work, thus you almost instantly reply to all my posts. It's my fault for always thinking of something I could add three seconds after I post, and then again three seconds after I edit.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:The liquor tastes like Tennessee Whiskey. Not bad as far as whiskeys go, but taste in alcohols is always subjective. Tennessee Whiskey is probably the most common strong liquor in this area, possibly second to moonshine.
Chevy lets the liquor linger on his tongue before letting it drain down his throat. This is the kind of stuff he used to bring across to the tribes as a trade item, so it's familiar enough to spark a memory or two.
She takes his hand and shakes firmly. "I'm told it's hard to even give a quick-flex a buzz without some kind of a special drink that would knock out most other creatures, so help yourself." She takes a moment to look out an open window across the hall, there's warm sunlight and fresh air streaming through. "At least it's a beautiful day to have a bad day." Paula pauses for a second, thinking. "You guys brought back more Faelerin, didn't you? Found some resources as well? I heard it was your first time out as a team. Hammerheart and Henson were both impressed as hell. What could ruin that kind of a day?"
"If you mean those blue-skinned folk, yeah, we rescued a family from Coalsacks. Found some real good salvage, too, so yeah, normally it would be hard to feck up a day like that. Unfortunately, 'normal' is not the operating word around here."

He proceeds to tell Paula about the slug residue, its unusual properties, and his current predicament regarding his vehicle. Feeling some effect from the liquor, he waves the flask as he waxes maudlin, "I've learned to not get too attached to anything, but gorramit, I'd gotten used to the Bop; it'd be a damn shame to have to scuttle it and scrape up the coin to get a new ride."
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Group at the canteen - The crowds were already thin when you arrived and by now almost everyone's gone. The kitchen workers are clearing the buffet to get the place clean and preped for the next meal. Just when you're thinking it might be time to make room for them to do their job the ursine reappears, cleaned up like you're in some kind of five star Italian restaurant. He's got an ice bucket with a few different bottles in it, and one of the attendants is following with a tray full of various kinds of glasses and mugs. The effect is somewhat comical, though it's unclear if that is intentional or not. The ursine bows and places the bucket on the table. It contains ice, a red wine, a white wine, and several types of locally bottled beers. He takes a look around until he spots Ulrich's insignia. "Highest rrrank, I take it you'rrre in charrrge of this grrroup?" His 'r's come out as short growls, though it's clear he's not intending to come across as hostile. "Didn't anyone tell you that as soon as you finish yourrr firrrst debrrrief yourrre supposed to have a toast as a grrroup? I hearrrd you rrrescued some morrre of those blue folks, so this one's on the house! Is everrryone here?"

Chevy - Paula listens an relaxes a bit as she takes another sip from the flask. "Well, you have had a shit day. On the shit-day-o-meter where days are rated from good to shit mine only comes in at 'bad day'. I woke up early to go for a run, half way through the run my shoelace breaks, shoe slides right off and I step, bare foot, in something. Smelled like fuel. I get back later than planned, awkwardly walking with my soiled foot trying to keep from slipping out of the broken shoe again. I get cleaned up, but I'm in a rush because I'm going to be late. Because I'm not being careful I smear my lipstick right across my face. I can't show up to a diplomatic meeting like that, so I get cleaned up, again, and now I'm definitely late. No time to get made up. That probably sounds ridiculous to you, but a great impression is really key to my job, and what makes a great impression varies depending on who you're meeting with.

"Anyway, I grab my coffee on my way out the door, accidentally slam it way too hard behind me, and it falls off the damned hinges. Just THUMP, right there in the middle of the hallway. I stoop to pick it up and prop it back in to place until I can get back home and fix it and..."
She motions to the coffee stain all down her outfit. "My other outfit is being washed, and even if it weren't I was already twenty minutes late!" her head teeters back on her shoulders and clunks against the wall. "By the time I finally got there, smelling like coffee, they had started the meeting without me. I was so embarrassed that, when it was finally over, I excused myself as politely and quickly as I could. A few hallways later, I'm not looking where I'm going and smack I run in to you and break my favourite glasses. I have another pair, but those were a gift I inherited from my grandmother. Pre-rift stuff. Again, helpful for making a first impression with some people. It's a weird thing to inherit, but it's something I could actually use, you know?" She sighs and takes another sip of the whiskey.

"I think I can point you in the right direction though. You need to talk to Terra Silverforge. You must have seen her around. Earth born she dwarf? Techno-wizard, looks after the registered vehicles at the castle? I mean, you probably already know her, you look like you spend a lot of time in the shop. As a gear headed techno wizard she ought to be uniquely qualified to help with some of your issues."
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote: Chevy - Paula listens an relaxes a bit as she takes another sip from the flask. "Well, you have had a shit day. On the shit-day-o-meter where days are rated from good to shit mine only comes in at 'bad day'. I woke up early to go for a run, half way through the run my shoelace breaks, shoe slides right off and I step, bare foot, in something. Smelled like fuel. I get back later than planned, awkwardly walking with my soiled foot trying to keep from slipping out of the broken shoe again. I get cleaned up, but I'm in a rush because I'm going to be late. Because I'm not being careful I smear my lipstick right across my face. I can't show up to a diplomatic meeting like that, so I get cleaned up, again, and now I'm definitely late. No time to get made up. That probably sounds ridiculous to you, but a great impression is really key to my job, and what makes a great impression varies depending on who you're meeting with.

"Anyway, I grab my coffee on my way out the door, accidentally slam it way too hard behind me, and it falls off the damned hinges. Just THUMP, right there in the middle of the hallway. I stoop to pick it up and prop it back in to place until I can get back home and fix it and..."
She motions to the coffee stain all down her outfit. "My other outfit is being washed, and even if it weren't I was already twenty minutes late!" her head teeters back on her shoulders and clunks against the wall. "By the time I finally got there, smelling like coffee, they had started the meeting without me. I was so embarrassed that, when it was finally over, I excused myself as politely and quickly as I could. A few hallways later, I'm not looking where I'm going and smack I run in to you and break my favourite glasses. I have another pair, but those were a gift I inherited from my grandmother. Pre-rift stuff. Again, helpful for making a first impression with some people. It's a weird thing to inherit, but it's something I could actually use, you know?" She sighs and takes another sip of the whiskey.
Chevy cranes his neck to inspect the damaged glasses.

OOC: Is the frame itself broken, or is it just the lenses?

Repair roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
"I think I can point you in the right direction though. You need to talk to Terra Silverforge. You must have seen her around. Earth born she dwarf? Techno-wizard, looks after the registered vehicles at the castle? I mean, you probably already know her, you look like you spend a lot of time in the shop. As a gear headed techno wizard she ought to be uniquely qualified to help with some of your issues."
Chevy doesn't even bother hiding the wince at the mention of Terra's name. The whiskey has loosened his tongue enough it runs off before his brain can rein it in. "Yeah, well, already met her. On a scale of one to 10 on the bitch-meter, I'd rate her an A-plus. As near as I can figure out, the only reason she'd help me get the Bop fixed is so she can get her hands on it, so not sure there's a win there for me."
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

The frames are broken, the lenses have been replaced many times. They might be able to be fixed with the proper tools for refurbishing.

Paula laughs, "I don't even know if an A-plus on the bitch-o-meter is a good thing or a bad thing. She's a real type A personality though, she keeps things in order and when she does a job she makes sure it's done right. What kind of a run in did you have with her? She's usually anxious to start fixing and tinkering on anything unique she can get her hands on! It sounds like your APC was heavily customized, she would have loved it. Probably even given you a deal on parts if you let her help in her free time. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding, what did you guys say to each other?"

She pauses for a moment in though, "wait a minute, did she try to get you to cut some kind of a blind deal? She'll do something for you if you do something in return, but she won't tell you what it is unless you agree? Something like that?"
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Beowulf85 wrote:The frames are broken, the lenses have been replaced many times. They might be able to be fixed with the proper tools for refurbishing.

Paula laughs, "I don't even know if an A-plus on the bitch-o-meter is a good thing or a bad thing. She's a real type A personality though, she keeps things in order and when she does a job she makes sure it's done right. What kind of a run in did you have with her? She's usually anxious to start fixing and tinkering on anything unique she can get her hands on! It sounds like your APC was heavily customized, she would have loved it. Probably even given you a deal on parts if you let her help in her free time. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding, what did you guys say to each other?"

She pauses for a moment in though, "wait a minute, did she try to get you to cut some kind of a blind deal? She'll do something for you if you do something in return, but she won't tell you what it is unless you agree? Something like that?"
Distracted by his inspection of the broken glasses, Chevy mutters in response, "Yeah, something like that. Made it sound like she'd let the Bop get scrapped if I didn't kiss her keister or something. And even if she did help fix her, it's only so we race for pink slips, just so she can take her anyway."
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Paula laughs even more, but realizes it may be inappropriate and composes herself, wiping a tear from her eye. "Sorry. I wasn't there so I cant be sure, but I think there's been a very big misunderstanding. I've been a diplomat for the better part of my adult life. It's a tricky business because even when two creatures speak the same language, the way they use the language can be completely different.

"Being in Castle Refuge I've had a lot of dealing with dwarves of all sorts. They are peculiar creatures. Hard working, strong, brilliant craftsmen. At the same time they are gruff, crass, loud, and almost casually belligerent. Every culture is different, but dwarves are different. If I wanted to strike a deal with a dwarven clan I'd never have a formal meeting with paperwork and a presentation, I'd have a revelrous feast. I wouldn't bother with makeup and dresses and I certainly wouldn't comb my hair. I'd put my hair up, wear more durable clothing suitable for outdoors, and decorate myself with gilded metalwork. Durable things, kind of like what you might wear on a mission. Kind of like what you're wearing now. Is any of this making sense?"
She pauses to let Chevy think for a moment.

"I told you that to explain this to you. Dwarven relationships are equally different. You said she wanted you to kiss her 'keister', but I'm doubting that's quite what she had in mind. In dwarven courting rituals the women are the aggressors, in a very literal sense. They will pick a fight with a man they think could be a worthy mate, someone skilled in some admirable way. This usually means verbal sparring, mockery, challenges of skill and the like. If the man reciprocates then it's friendly, if he escalates it then he's definitely interested. Think back, did you escalate the argument, especially in regards to your own skill? If you did it would have sent the wrong message..."

OOC: If you'll recall, Chevy challenged her to the race.

"You told me you took your vehicle to the shop, while she was there, and more went wrong with it? She probably thought you were putting on a show, providing her with more fodder with which to berate you, put you in her debt, and deliberately encourage her to continue the argument. What's more, you did it with something of great personal value to yourself, which would strongly imply that you were willing to sacrifice it for her, as though she were more valuable than your most prized possession. Under normal circumstances that would be considered to be incredibly romantic, but for you it was literally an accident and you had no idea what your actions unintentionally implied.

"The culmination of it all will be a blind bet, typically high stakes, but everyone involved knows what the bet's going to be. The woman 'forces' the man to formalize their relationship. Not quite a permanent union, but more like intense courting. A date, a public declaration of the couple's relationship status, some kind of deed or gift. The woman gets to dictate the terms, but the man's willing to accept the terms because he knows she's worth it."

Paula takes another sip of the whiskey.

"From her point of view, you took it all the way to the last step then got cold feet..." She pauses letting it sink in, "care for another drink?" She proffers the flask, still half full. "I have to admit, I'm not sure who had the worse day, but I feel better. Maybe I've been able to help you. At least I'm not a complete failure as a diplomat."
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Ace: [dice]2[/dice]

Chevy stares blankly at Paula for an interminable number of seconds. Without a word or change in expression, he takes the flask and empties it in a single swallow.

Politely handing the back the now-empty container, he stands up, faces the wall, and begins rhythmically banging his head against it.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Notice roll - Chevy can probably fix her glasses, or he knows someone who can get it done. Fixing her broken door would be fairly easy as well.

Paula allows one... two... three cranial impacts before she stands up and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Hey..." (bang), "HEY!" she gives him a shake to snap him out of it. "Was that therapeutic? I'll never understand men, but I can help with girl problems. I get that this was just a big misunderstanding. I see things like this all the time, and without people like me common cultural differences could mean war. Let me talk to her for you while you get cleaned up. Then go have a drink with your SET, they're probably down there now. A toast is a tradition after a SET's first mission, you shouldn't miss out on it. Leave your work and worries until tomorrow, I should have this all straightened out by then. Terra was probably just curious anyway, you know what they say about Quick-Flex..." She coughs awkwardly.

"Now go on, get out of here, take it easy and spend some time with your friends. Soon enough this will just be a funny story." She dusts him off and gives him a brief friendly hug, further soiling her already ruined garments. "Take care of yourself Specialist Chevy, this is really just one bad day."
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek had quietly followed the Quik-Flex from the mess hall when he had run into the Human woman. Hearing the conversation about courting rituals and the like, he just shook his head, it would be years before he would even consider a mate. In his little boy form he sat in a doorway, until he heard about a need for something to be repaired to which he appeared around the corner as Chevy was banging hs head against the wall.

Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Ace Notice [dice]2[/dice]

* [3]

Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:Notice roll - Chevy can probably fix her glasses, or he knows someone who can get it done. Fixing her broken door would be fairly easy as well.

Paula allows one... two... three cranial impacts before she stands up and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Hey..." (bang), "HEY!" she gives him a shake to snap him out of it. "Was that therapeutic? I'll never understand men, but I can help with girl problems. I get that this was just a big misunderstanding. I see things like this all the time, and without people like me common cultural differences could mean war. Let me talk to her for you while you get cleaned up. Then go have a drink with your SET, they're probably down there now. A toast is a tradition after a SET's first mission, you shouldn't miss out on it. Leave your work and worries until tomorrow, I should have this all straightened out by then. Terra was probably just curious anyway, you know what they say about Quick-Flex..." She coughs awkwardly.

"Now go on, get out of here, take it easy and spend some time with your friends. Soon enough this will just be a funny story." She dusts him off and gives him a brief friendly hug, further soiling her already ruined garments. "Take care of yourself Specialist Chevy, this is really just one bad day."
Chevy nods numbly. "Thanks. For everything."

He holds up the damaged glasses. "Mind if I hold on to these? I may be able to do something with them."
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

"Chevy, what are those?" AwkTek points to the glasses. "Are they broken. Something I could tinker with?"
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Paula is mildly surprised by the appearance of the child, but quickly composes herself. She looks at the child quizzically, having been around long enough to know not to believe that everything is always as it seems. "Are you Chevy's friend? You should probably know that people don't usually appreciate it when you listen in on what they think is a private conversation. Then again, we probably shouldn't have private conversations in an open hallway, so we'll call it even." She smiles at the boy in a friendly way, obviously not upset. She offers to shake the dragon's hand. "My name's Paula. If either of you could fix the glasses I would very much appreciate it. I'm good with people, but not so good at fixing things. It really would make my day." She turns back to address AwkTech again, "And if you're his friend, could you help to make sure that he relaxes for the rest of the day? You already know all about how he's had a hard afternoon. Keep him out of the garage until at least tomorrow." She winks.
Architect

Post by Architect »

One thing AwkTek has not learned to do yet is control his strength in his human form but to his credit he shakes Paula's hand just briefly and firmly. "Ma'am I am a dragon. It is wise of you to not trust first appearances. Thanks for looking after Chevy."

Taking Chevy's hand he does his best to lead him back to the mess hall.

As he has nearly passed from view, he pokes his head back around the corner, "Ma'am I am sorry for listening in. Have a good day."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Chevy opens his mouth to introduce AwkTech, but finds himself interrupted then led away. Not necessarily under his volition, but he knows better than to engage in a test of strength with a dragon.

"I'll get these back to you, I promise!" he calls back to Paula.

"I'll be doing this job myself," he warns AwkTech as they make their way back to wherever they're going.
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek nods in understanding. "Sorry for intruding. You having a bad day effects everyone else. Paula said they were serving drinks in the mess hall."

AwkTek is pushing Chevy ahead while making sure that Chevy does not lose the frames of Paula's glasses.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block

Return to “Adventure Archive”