GM: Hobo Joe
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Out of Character Chatter

Post by Venatus Vinco »

All OOC chatter goes in this thread.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Ulrich

Re: Out of Character Chatter

Post by Ulrich »

LOL It's sad I actually proof read my posts and then post but always find some dumb typing mistakes after I read it again and have to almost always edit my posts.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

HA I didn't have to edit that last post. as long as you don't count the fact that I didn't put a comma where it is supposed to be. Gott verdammt!!! LOL...
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Don't feel bad. I usually end up editing my post at least twice each time. :)
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

So far I think all of my posts have been edited at least three times. BBcode hides so many mistakes, I've frequently forgot to add quotation marks at the end of speech.
GM Universal Bennies: 2
Architect

Post by Architect »

In an effort to contain the Madness

We are HUMANS BEING!

https://youtu.be/b9e5fT8migI
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Architect

Post by Architect »

Every Hero Needs Their Jam

https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw

FIRESTARTER! For the Win!
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

AwkTech wrote:Every Hero Needs Their Jam

https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw

FIRESTARTER! For the Win!
Good choise. I love Prodogy.

LOL Yeah. Mine would be the the scene from the old WWII movie battle of the bulge where the German tankers all sang the song Panzerlied LOL. It's an old German tanker song so it totally fits my character.

Here is a link for some clips from the Anime Girls und Panzer with the song. ^_^ I love tanks LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE
Architect

Post by Architect »

Ulrich wrote:
LOL Yeah. Mine would be the the scene from the old WWII movie battle of the bulge where the German tankers all sang the song Panzerlied LOL. It's an old German tanker song so it totally fits my character.

Here is a link for some clips from the Anime Girls und Panzer with the song. ^_^ I love tanks LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE
I am an artillery and explosives guy myself.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

AwkTech wrote:
I am an artillery and explosives guy myself.

Nice. My dad was a tanker for one of his tours in Vietnam then he switch to infantry. Afterwards he was s drill instructor for a bit. I was not in the military myself but I might as well have been. LOL.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

I'll throw this in here, since we've established a rather frantic pace in posting.

I will be traveling this coming Friday through Monday. I hope to have Internet at the hotel, but even then my rate of posting will probably trickle down to one or two a day during that period.

Try not to burn down the castle while I'm elsewhere. ;)
Chevy
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:I'll throw this in here, since we've established a rather frantic pace in posting.

I will be traveling this coming Friday through Monday. I hope to have Internet at the hotel, but even then my rate of posting will probably trickle down to one or two a day during that period.

Try not to burn down the castle while I'm elsewhere. ;)
Good to know. I need to get caught up on all of your guy's posts and see what I need to contribute.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

^_^ I just gave the mission briefing. Ulrich can be rather punctual when it come to prepperation and planning. LOL
Zima

Post by Zima »

Good morning, evening, noon and night, everyone: I'm new here, hoping to join you all and wanted to introduce myself. Full character page here if anyone wants to check her out. Tatiana / Tanya / Zima came to the Tomorrow Legion via the legendary Night Witches. For those not familiar with the 588, you can listen to their story here or read about them on wikipedia if you want to be boring.

As for myself, I've been playing tabletop RPGs for ... holy crap, almost 20 years. I've GMed off and on for most of that--systems I've got the most experience with include Shadowrun, GURPS, Feng Shui (1 and 2), and Savage Worlds (I've run Deadlands, 50 Fathoms, and Necessary Evil, among others). This will be my first actual play experience with the RIFTS background, though I've been reading up on the Savage books since they dropped, of course. I look forward to getting to know everybody!
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Glad to have you join us. Have you done much PbP before? It's a bit of a different animal. Much slower progress, but the ability to role play is unparalleled as you can edit posts to be as descriptive and personalized to your character as you desire.

Most of us here have the opposite experience, having come from a Palladium background to Savage Worlds. I've been RPing for about 15 years, GMing for about 10.
Zima

Post by Zima »

Not quite like this. I've done text-based roleplay (through chat and what amounts to email), but strictly descriptive, never anything with any actual game mechanics (other than what I and any partner I had imposed by whim).

It sounds like a lot of fun! As I may have mentioned, I'm pretty eager to give the rules / background / neat toys a whirl. I do work a weird schedule, so depending on how things shake out each week, I may be more or less active (this morning being a good example, actually--I was hoping to have my intro post up before now, but SOME PEOPLE had other plans. ;) ), but I'm confident I can do at least the one-post per week minimum, and most weeks I expect I'll be able to do more.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Sweet. A glitter boy.

I almost played one but decided just to go robot. Even though I took one of the reletively least powerful robots it totally fit my idea of what the Gepanzerter Skorpion Ulrich designed would look like weapon wise and who it would work. There are other robots that are way more deadly. Maybe later in the game I might shoot for getting one but that will be dependant on what kind of game power escalation we encounter. like to play concept characters who have quirks and history which is why I made him a German with the linguist edge. Not all edges need to make you better at killing things. LOL.

Yeah I know how you feel about gaming on and off for a good while Zima. I have done a few play by post games before but usually only do table top. I have always loved the rifts setting but the rules do not appeal to me so when I head savage worlds was coming out with Rifts setting rules I jumped on the chance. My list of games I have played/ran is rather extensive so I will not try to remeber them all. ;)

I've been playing advanced games (table top RPGs, miniature games, table top war game) since I was about 13 years old so I was a good amount of years ago since I was born in 1976. Yes I am getting older physically but I feel like I still need to be playing with action figures and watching cartoons. :) I'm just a big kid at heart.

It's always nice to find other big kinds to play with.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I'm 31 and still actively follow a number of cartoons and anime.

My faves include Full Metal Alchemist and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. I currently follow Star Wars: Rebels and have watched all of The clone Wars.

Other past faves are mostly anime, including Trigun, The Melancholy of Haruhi Sazumiya, and the entire Fate/Saynight/Zero/etc... franchise. Also Naruto. I'm a couple of years behind but every so often I get caught up on it.

Also, the DC Animate Universe and DC Animated Movies.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:I'm 31 and still actively follow a number of cartoons and anime.

My faves include Full Metal Alchemist and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. I currently follow Star Wars: Rebels and have watched all of The clone Wars.

Other past faves are mostly anime, including Trigun, The Melancholy of Haruhi Sazumiya, and the entire Fate/Saynight/Zero/etc... franchise. Also Naruto. I'm a couple of years behind but every so often I get caught up on it.

Also, the DC Animate Universe and DC Animated Movies.
Nice. I am a huge super hero fan. For anime my favorite is Robotech (yeah I know I just showed my age LOL) and Girls und Panzer. Invader Zim and the Tick series both have a special place in my heart as well.

I am a massive Sci Fi movie fan. list too long to write of movies I like.
Zima

Post by Zima »

"Advanced games" ... never heard that particular term before for some reason, but I'm totally using it from now on. Sounds ... I dunno, a little less 'grognard'? Mileage might vary on that, though. :p Anyhow, I like it.

100% with you on being / liking 'big kids' ... the wife and I have pretty much accepted that as our lot in life. And it's a pretty good one, for my money. :D

Over the last couple years I've been reaching the point with Shadowrun it sounds like you (Ulrich) were at with Rifts. I love the background and lore, but I wouldn't run a game using the native rule set if I had a choice about it. Been batting around how to "Savage" the setting off and on, though thankfully there's lots of unofficial adaptations out there. My players would take to it like a fish to water, I'm sure: when I ran 50 Fathoms, they pretty much acted like they were in Shadowrun--sneaking around everywhere, misdirections and lies all over the place. It was great.

Okay, I gotta brag on my wife, actually (we met playing Shadowrun and she's naturally a constant at my gaming table). Most of what follows was a group effort, but she came up with most of the sneakiest bits. So, the Plot Point Campaign for 50 Fathoms features a Savage Tale about this village called Jomba Town that's a haven for slave traders (very illegal in 50 Fathoms--big bounties to be had). The ghost of Jomba (same guy the town is named after--the slave traders took over the town by killing him, basically) is haunting the rest of the island and terrorizing anybody who travels there. The Savage Tale leads to this guy who's one of the most important slavers: he's the one who killed poor Jomba, and the ghost wants revenge (he / it throws this spectral spear-thing to attack anybody who looks like this guy). So the players get the better of this guy and drag him into the jungle to confront him with the ghost. They wanted him to confess to the murder, if memory serves (or they might have been trying to squeeze some other information out of him), but it didn't really work the way they expected because the guy was stubborn AF and the ghost just wanted to kill him and didn't give a damn about their interrogation. So guy gets killed and the players are like "... Well, shit. Now what?"

The ghost has never gone into town yet. So the players set up this scene at the guy's house so that it looks like Jomba's ghost got into town and killed him in his home. Then they convince the guy's associates (the rest of the slave-trading ring) that the ghost is coming for them, BUT! they know how to deal with it. Of course, the ghost is already gone, because it got its revenge, but the town council doesn't know that. A couple of Social Conflicts later, and the slavers are holed up in a mansion with the PCs 'on watch' outside. The mage sets up this dramatic scene with a fake ghost and manages to pull off a performance for these guys, pretty strongly ingratiating themselves with the slave-traders. "Look, we defeated the ghost!" And indeed, no one ever saw the ghost again.

I told you those stories to tell this one. The PCs decide they're going to take down this slave-trading ring, and it's go time. They have two ships at this point, only one of which has been seen in Jomba Town. So they do some misdirection with the other ship, making it look like The Law (the British East India Company in this case--their bosses, in fact) is on the way into port. So, now they go to the council again. "The British are coming for you!" They say. "They're on to your operation--but we'll get you out of here! Look at this forged (read: ACTUAL) privateer license we have--we've got our hooks into the British: we'll get you past their blockades and take you to safety. Come with us--take your valuables, your most incriminating documents, and we'll get you out of here and you can come back when it's safe with them none the wiser!" With the council--as far as they were concerned--'saved' from the ghost, they were pretty amenable to believing what the PCs said by this point. So they climbed aboard the ship, with all their valuables and evidence ... and the PCs sailed them right into the home port of the British East India Company.

You like that story, I'll tell you about the shark costume and the counterfeit gold.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Architect

Post by Architect »

I have been Role Playing for about 40 years. My father was a GM and I used to sit on his lap and roll the dice.

Started actually playing myself on OD&D and worked my way through AD&D and 2E. When 3E came out, I stepped away from D&D altogether.

Post Apocalyptic and Victorian Age Steampunk are my favorite genres/settings. Had my first run in with RIFTS in 1989. Played RIFTS and TMNT for several years. Love the system, just really hard to find groups to play with.

Along with RIFTS. I started playing FASA's Shadowrun and Battletech. Also was playing some Cyberpunk.

Came across Savage Worlds 10 years ago, just never really got excited about any of their settings, until Savage RIFTS.

Been playing al ot of Fantasy Flight Star Wars and have just started getting my feet wet into the Ubiquity System.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Architect

Post by Architect »

6 members is good.

Looking forward to this.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I think we actually have 8. If it stays full then I'm done recruiting and may have to redirect other people I've spoken to to one of our other games.
Jaxus Skarro

Post by Jaxus Skarro »

Hey all! I'll be posting a reply when I get home from a business trip tomorrow! Sweet finds all around!!
Jaxus Skarro
Bennies: 5
"Silence is a source of great strength."
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Personally, I think the most mundane find was a bunch of diamonds. I kind of find that amusing.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:Personally, I think the most mundane find was a bunch of diamonds. I kind of find that amusing.
LOL I know right? It was just like finding some money and a lot of magic stuff. I mean the money is nice as it can get you more stuff but it's not a super samas flight system or a mortar. I know a lot of other people some really good loot as well. ^_^ Magic plants? Hellz yeah! That's sweet. I was looking for the stats of a mortar and couldn'y find them. Is that something you are going to toss together as a GM?
Leonidas Alexander

Post by Leonidas Alexander »

Can we talk about the signature that's longer than most posts? :P
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Charisma: +2 with people who value freedom and justice
Pace 8 (d10 run); Parry 8; Toughness 12 (6 MDC); Strain 6
Weapon In Hand: Psi-Sword (3d8, AP 6)
Bennies: 4 | 0
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Leonidas Alexander wrote:Can we talk about the signature that's longer than most posts? :P
Lol, yeah, where did that come from? I just have a brief summary of my character's essential stats in my signature, with a link directly to the character sheet for easy access.

Yeah, the flight system and mortar are cool, as are the magical plants, but it''ll take more time to make them lead to anything significant. I stated that you were able to 'mark them as personal salvage', meaning you didn't have time to take them with you but the specialist recovery crews that you would send back would set them aside and bring them to you as your 'choice pickings' from your find. I figure we'll be able to find SW stats for a mortar somewhere. It mentioned in one of the books referenced that sometimes the boats were equipped with them, so there is a Palladium equivalent. Either way, you'll need to finish this outing, submit the report, and wait for a team to bring the equipment back so that you can then install it before the stats are particularly relevant.

Likewise, he's got these magical plants but doesn't know what to do with them, so he's got to figure that out before their real value can be realized. These plants are super rare and, while valuable, are only known to a few specialists. It will take some RPing to turn over any real value for them, but once hte RPing is done they will actually pay off.

Diamonds, on the other hand, can either be as good as cash or PPE batteries. We are currently debating on weather they are worth 5 or 10 PPE, but either way that's one or two rank restricted advances worth of PPE for most characters. They are mundane but they are much more easily used or exchanged for something else.
Architect

Post by Architect »

PPE battery - reminds of Mr. Freeze. In the Batman and Robin Movie, Mr. Freeze used Diamonds to power his suit.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Leonidas Alexander wrote:Can we talk about the signature that's longer than most posts? :P
I was actually waiting for someone to say something. LOL I'll change it for you all. I just liked having all my info at hand. I'll just open another window for that.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

I recommend doing what I (and lot of other players) did. Just add a link to your character thread in the signature.

That way your stats are always a click away. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:I recommend doing what I (and lot of other players) did. Just add a link to your character thread in the signature.

That way your stats are always a click away. :)
As both a GM and player I find it very useful when players do this.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

For anyone who doesn't know how -

[url=http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=87]Gale Wingstorm[/url]
Jaxus Skarro

Post by Jaxus Skarro »

ok, ok.. lol. I hear what you all are saying.
I'll condense that signature hahahaha
It was more to just remind me of the tools available.
Jaxus Skarro
Gale Wingstorm

Post by Gale Wingstorm »

That is impressively condensed, my other signature looks like this.

-Beo
Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
Active Powers: Detect Arcana

Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

As a not to players, it wouldn't be bad to note on your character sheets what kinds of things your characters might be after, or things you might want for your characters. Items, powers, contacts, personal goals. Big or small, realistic, serious, absurd, amusing, useful, novel, specific, or vague. Some of you already have a few notes in this regard.

If you could make any kind of list an put it under your advancement table that would be great. It'll help me with ideas for more interesting rewards when characters find loot or things they might barter for at a market.

I do have extensive random item tables to use as well, containing anything from a still sealed package of Bic pens (they still work on the first try) to the occasional piece of rare weaponry. Some of it is junk, other stuff might be valuable to the right person.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Will try to do a combat post some time this week, but I'm travelling from the UK to Canada tomorrow so I may be busy.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Just got my Kickstarter loot for Savage Rifts today, and it included the Machinations of Doom graphic novel.

The team in the book have a Mountaineer ATV and seeing what theirs look like, I'm thinking The Blitzkrieg Bop might look more like this than my original image:

Last edited by Chevy on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I want one. It's gonna be nuclear or solar powered though, because I'm not paying to refill that gas tank.
Leonidas Alexander

Got my tracking number last night - should be here tomorrow. So happy!
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

I have A warhammer 40k taurox I converted to have wheels. It would make a good Mark II Mountaineer.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=591A886D
Architect

Post by Architect »

Still waiting on my tracking number.

I think the shipping company noticed that my address was covered in deep dark purple and figured we were snowed and iced in and delivery would have to wait till spring.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

AwkTech wrote:Still waiting on my tracking number.

I think the shipping company noticed that my address was covered in deep dark purple and figured we were snowed and iced in and delivery would have to wait till spring.
Is that a thing that actually happens? Where do you live?
Architect

Post by Architect »

I am in Southeastern Idaho, Southwest of Yellowstone.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

See this thread for examples of how we've been indicating movement during combat.

http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2189#p2189
Leonidas Alexander

Tried to upload an updated map. Apparently I can only do so up to 256KB. The map is 7MB and change.
Did a work-around with Google Drive, but it gets re-scaled. I provided a link so Aaron can download it should he desire.
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

That's odd as I uploaded it no problem.

Usually when I was creating an update for my character, I would just crop out any irrelevant parts of the map. That should shrink the file size considerably. You can also save it as another file type, which may reduce quality but really doesn't matter overall as I'm just editing it using MS paint.
Leonidas Alexander

Beowulf85 wrote:That's odd as I uploaded it no problem.

Usually when I was creating an update for my character, I would just crop out any irrelevant parts of the map. That should shrink the file size considerably. You can also save it as another file type, which may reduce quality but really doesn't matter overall as I'm just editing it using MS paint.
I'm thinking GMs get a different quota than players, at least in their own game forums. No matter.

If you'd prefer we stick to individual updates, I'll re-edit to just crop in on the area I'm at, and leave others to do the same. Otherwise, I don't mind doing what I did this time around.

Your call :)
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Whatever's easiest for you. Either way having a visual illustration helps me a lot.
Leonidas Alexander

I decided to split the difference. The displayed image is the zoom-in on the action, but I left the link to the full file.
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Everyone:

All character sheets should have this info at the top of the sheet:
Player Name: What your name is (first name, last initial - prefer not handles please; it can be a nickname though if you absolutely hate your first name)
Google Handle: (what you can be reached at gmail; format is name at gmail or name@gmail.com - Do not list your google+ name please. I can't email or IM that.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

High Command wrote:Everyone:

All character sheets should have this info at the top of the sheet:
Player Name: What your name is (first name, last initial - prefer not handles please; it can be a nickname though if you absolutely hate your first name)
Google Handle: (what you can be reached at gmail; format is name at gmail or name@gmail.com - Do not list your google+ name please. I can't email or IM that.
That would actually be quite helpful to me as I often get confused about which characters on here correspond to which people on Facebook.

As a note, I'm no sure if everyone here uses google, I keep in touch will all of my players through Facebook as opposed to google hangouts. That's where I found most of them, so that seemed to make the most sense.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I get the feeling that we are missing one or two players from the Facebook group chat. Please send me a link to your profile and I'll add you.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

In regards to transferring characters to another group, is it my understanding then that the board doesn't support a player running multiple characters?

I wouldn't mind creating an additional character (yes, I am that much of a gaming junkie) to fill up a slot in another group, but I wasn't sure if I could.
Chevy
Leonidas Alexander

Chevy wrote:In regards to transferring characters to another group, is it my understanding then that the board doesn't support a player running multiple characters?

I wouldn't mind creating an additional character (yes, I am that much of a gaming junkie) to fill up a slot in another group, but I wasn't sure if I could.
You can "unlock" extra accounts using your EP. They absolutely allow and encourage multiple characters - it just "costs".
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Leonidas Alexander wrote:
Chevy wrote:In regards to transferring characters to another group, is it my understanding then that the board doesn't support a player running multiple characters?

You can "unlock" extra accounts using your EP. They absolutely allow and encourage multiple characters - it just "costs".
Correct. You have to have enough EP (basically player experience points, as opposed to character experience points) to unlock the privilege of having a second character. It seems like a reasonable measure to keep people from overcommitting then burning out, only to leave several groups each short one character.

That being said, I've had great experiences with players playing multiple characters in my previous PbPs.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote: Correct. You have to have enough EP (basically player experience points, as opposed to character experience points) to unlock the privilege of having a second character. It seems like a reasonable measure to keep people from overcommitting then burning out, only to leave several groups each short one character.

That being said, I've had great experiences with players playing multiple characters in my previous PbPs.
Interesting. Is there a place where this "EP" is displayed?
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote: Correct. You have to have enough EP (basically player experience points, as opposed to character experience points) to unlock the privilege of having a second character. It seems like a reasonable measure to keep people from overcommitting then burning out, only to leave several groups each short one character.

Interesting. Is there a place where this "EP" is displayed?
Nexus Administration>Explorer Points Ledger.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Chevy wrote: Interesting. Is there a place where this "EP" is displayed?
Nexus Administration>Explorer Points Ledger.
So, not visible to the players?
Chevy
Leonidas Alexander

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39

You should have a post up here for tracking purposes - if not, should get with Aaron / admin.
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Leonidas Alexander wrote:http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39

You should have a post up here for tracking purposes - if not, should get with Aaron / admin.
Checked the site but didn't see a post for me. Guess I'll get in touch with the admin.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:
Leonidas Alexander wrote:http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39

Checked the site but didn't see a post for me. Guess I'll get in touch with the admin.
I think you're supposed to make your own post.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Yeah, I figured that out. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

We had an interlude, so time for some cards from the adventure deck! (Also, yay for experimenting with new mechanics)

As per the rules here, roll a d54 and grab a card!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

I got:
[dice]0[/dice]

Flesh Wound
Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).

I assume I keep this card to use at an appropriate time.
Last edited by Chevy on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chevy
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

[dice]0[/dice]

Ace

"Play instead of rolling to make a
trait test with a single automatic
raise."
Last edited by Spellweaver on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=121
PPE: 20 Staff PPE: 10
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4(d6), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4); Pace: 6; Parry: 6(1); Toughness: 12(7); Strain: 0
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Leonidas Alexander

[dice]0[/dice]

Enemy
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Architect

Post by Architect »

[dice]1[/dice]

Florence Nightingale

Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.

Chevy got 31. I am drawing again.

[dice]0[/dice]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

[dice]0[/dice]

Tale Teller

Your hero must tell a story of his
group’s deeds to an audience of some
sort (roleplay this) and make a
Persuasion roll. If successful, the
listeners become friendly and helpful to
the entire party.
Zima

Post by Zima »

[dice]0[/dice]

In the Zone

Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, and Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

OOC: I ran Necessary Evil recently, and some of the most memorable moments were the fruit of an Enemy card. (Or Love Interest.) :D
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

This is the OOC thread, you don't have to say that it's OOC, lol.

I've not used these cards before, but they look fun. Yet another mechanic to experiment with for those of us new to the system.
Zima

Post by Zima »

I get that, I was just emphasizing that my comment was unrelated to the card-draw. :p

They're a lot of fun, but they can throw a wrench into the plot if you're not careful.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Greatmoonzini

Post by Greatmoonzini »

[dice]0[/dice]

Arcane Inspiration
"When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have."

Hmmm.... no arcane background and I don't plan on getting one.
Do I keep it anyway?
Is this something I can play on another character?
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Greatmoonzini wrote:[dice]3117:0[/dice]

Arcane Inspiration
"When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have."

Hmmm.... no arcane background and I don't plan on getting one.
Do I keep it anyway?
Is this something I can play on another character?
At a standard table, cards can be traded.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Architect

Post by Architect »

Greatmoonzini - I am not familiar with you character in the Nameless campaign. Welcome.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I have no problem with players trading cards or playing them for other characters.
Jaxus Skarro

Post by Jaxus Skarro »

Ha, Awktek, sorry.. that was my GM account. I was accidentally logged in under the wrong name when I posted the roll.
Jaxus Skarro
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Jaxus Skarro wrote:Ha, Awktek, sorry.. that was my GM account. I was accidentally logged in under the wrong name when I posted the roll.
Fifty lashes with a wet noodle! :D
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

Carve his heart out with a sharpened spoon.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

AwkTech wrote:Carve his heart out with a sharpened spoon.
No, a dull one!
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

You can change the account that you posted under with the little question mark at the bottom right of the post.

I frequently forget to do this.

*note* It might only work for GMs.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Sorry Chevy, you've got a ways to go before we start calling you Ace.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Looking at the repair rules in the core book (pg. 100), successes and Raises in the repair roll remove "wounds".

Should I consider all the modifiers (-5 to armor, -2 to Driving) as separate wounds, requiring 7 successes to bring the Bop back to full operating condition?

Assuming a single success per roll, that would require more than a full day of constant work. I think we know where we'll find Chevy for the next couple of days...
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Sounds good. I figured since the damage was mainly superficial he'd probably be able to repair it on his own.
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek would look to help. He likes repairing things. Just need to remember not to take apart the entire Bop in the process.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

AwkTech wrote:AwkTek would look to help. He likes repairing things. Just need to remember not to take apart the entire Bop in the process.
You're welcome to offer in-character. Not saying Chevy will accede, but it might be good RP. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Note - The TW device projected a grid on the ground large enough for a claw or muzzle print. Put a foot in to it and it will be recorded.

Also, I'm glad AwkTech is amused. :p
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Hey Beuwolf, what are the stats of the mortar that I found to install into the Scorpion? Also did you decide as to how far the supersamus jets I found will let my robot Jump? It would be silly to have it fly around but a big jumping scorpion robot would be pretty awesome.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Anyone know any canon sources for how much damage a mortar might do?

Any idea how much your vehicle weighs?

Also note - you guys just got back, so you'll be reporting on your findings in the upcoming debrief, then the salvage teams will be dispatched to get the stuff. Once it's been retrieved it can be installed.

Note number 2 - The one sheet isn't over yet, but since you had a critically wounded individual and couldn't communicate with the deebees it was necessary to come all the way back, thus you'll probably be getting this stuff sooner than you otherwise would have.

Either way it's good to get this statted out sooner rather than later.
Sayeen Gabbersleaf

Post by Sayeen Gabbersleaf »

From weird wars II it lists a few mortars:

M2 60mm 50/75/150 2d8+1 med burst AP 1 Heavy Weapon=MD (U.S.)
M1 81mm 75/100/200 4d8 med burst AP 1 Heavy Weapon=MD(U.S.)
120mm BM obr.38 100/200/400 4d10 Med AP 2 Heavy Weapon=MD ( Russian)
All the mortars also have a minimum range they must be fired, which looks like is 25 less its max short range distance

British do +1 damage to all their mortars because they are just that awesome.

Hope that helps
Sayeen Gabbersleaf
ISP :30/2
Active Psionic Powers: None
    Pace: 7/7; Parry: 8 ,; Toughness: 13/13(6); Notice D8, Stealth D6,
    Worn Armor:
    • Cyber Knight medium armor(TW): +6Armor, +1 toughness
    • Cyber Armor: +2 toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Psychic Maul: 1d4 +3d10 AP 8
    Combat Abilities
    • improved dodge: -2 ranged attack, +2 to evade area affect attacks when appropriate
    • Cyberkenetic Combat: -2 to hit if attack is purely technology based
    • Champion: +2 damage & toughness vs supernatural evil
    • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs creatures size 3 and larger
    OOC Comments
    Bennies:2 Spent:2
    -reroll to avoid brain burn
    -reroll fighting attck vs beasty in power plant
    +1 for group posting quickly
    Adventure deck cards: Cutting in Line: 3 initiative cards
    Accounts: Sayeen (primary), Iron Tick (secondary)
    Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:Anyone know any canon sources for how much damage a mortar might do?

Any idea how much your vehicle weighs?

Also note - you guys just got back, so you'll be reporting on your findings in the upcoming debrief, then the salvage teams will be dispatched to get the stuff. Once it's been retrieved it can be installed.

Note number 2 - The one sheet isn't over yet, but since you had a critically wounded individual and couldn't communicate with the deebees it was necessary to come all the way back, thus you'll probably be getting this stuff sooner than you otherwise would have.

Either way it's good to get this statted out sooner rather than later.
    The super samas weighs 2.4 tons but 1.2 tons is the flight pack. The Ulti max power armor weighs 2.5 tons but I would say that the Gepanzerter Skorpion weighs about 50% more since it is made from the scrap of two destroyed Ulti maxs so my robot weighs 3.75 tons.
    Beowulf85
    Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

So in all once the flight pack and mortar are installed we'll be around 4.5t? You'll have to rework the coolant system and entirely re-calibrate/balance the propulsion system. Assume a week and a half worth of work on a success, one week on a raise.

As a scorpion isn't really designed for flight (the pic you provided is really not very aerodynamic and would seem to be awkward to balance) and is also coming to about twice the weight of the Super SAMAS, the parts from the flight pack will allow you to achieve comparatively limited flight of 100 mph at 3000 ft for a maximum of 10 hours, assuming a reasonably calm day. If there are intense winds attempting flight would be very risky as the body of the scorpion simply isn't meant to cut through that kind of weather and will have a hard time balancing, you could fall right out of the sky. Hovering up to 3000 ft also isn't a problem provided there aren't intense winds.

A thruster assisted leap will get you 100 feet high and 150 feet across.

Interesting note that I did not initially realize, the Super SAMAS flight pack has wings, jet thrusters, and both dual linked plasma and laser guns attached so that's all part of the kit but due to the weight of everything involved you'll have to pick and choose what you're equipping before you head out. I assume that Ulrich would opt to have modular weapons and propulsion systems once he starts getting more toys for the scorpion (it can only carry so much and is already going to be comparatively massive). We should probably come up with a point value system for the equipment the scorpion is carrying in order to represent what it can and can't carry (limited by either weight or space). There will be a maximum loadout (4.5t also depending on space) and the more you have equipped the slower the scorpion will be.

I'll say it was similar to the 120mm BM obr.38 100/200/400 4d10 Med AP 2 Heavy Weapon=MD, minimum range of 75. That looks more like the kind of thing you might want a vehicle to help you move. If you want to fire it with any accuracy you'll have to be stationary unless you manage to develop or acquire guided fire rounds. Possible types of rounds include HE, precision guided, dual purpose, smoke, illumination, IR illumination, and plasma rounds. The scorpion will be able to carry four rounds and can reload as a free action, but can not fire the mortar on the same turn it was loaded (may do other actions). Additional rounds would be possible if other modular systems were unequipped. If allies have room they may be persuaded to transport supplementary ammo as well.

I fond this page helpful http://www.military-today.com/artillery ... mortar.htm

I've go to go for the moment but it would be good to see a breakdown of the equipment Ulrich has access to listed by weight.
    Architect

Post by Architect »

If you are looking for an assist in the Upgrades department, let me know.

Skilled in Electronics, Engineering, and Repairs. If there was a planning process, say schematics drawn and math worked out on paper (or in the dirt), could we gain a boost to the rolls?

Would be willing to use my unspent Bennies for repairs and Upgrades.
    Architect
    Quick Stats _
    Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
    Weapons
    Weapons On Hand _
    Claws
    Teeth
    Flaming Great Sword
    Powers
    Available Powers _
    Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
    Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
    AwkTek
    AwkTech -
    Signature Block
    Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:So in all once the flight pack and mortar are installed we'll be around 4.5t? You'll have to rework the coolant system and entirely re-calibrate/balance the propulsion system. Assume a week and a half worth of work on a success, one week on a raise.

As a scorpion isn't really designed for flight (the pic you provided is really not very aerodynamic and would seem to be awkward to balance) and is also coming to about twice the weight of the Super SAMAS, the parts from the flight pack will allow you to achieve comparatively limited flight of 100 mph at 3000 ft for a maximum of 10 hours, assuming a reasonably calm day. If there are intense winds attempting flight would be very risky as the body of the scorpion simply isn't meant to cut through that kind of weather and will have a hard time balancing, you could fall right out of the sky. Hovering up to 3000 ft also isn't a problem provided there aren't intense winds.

A thruster assisted leap will get you 100 feet high and 150 feet across.

Interesting note that I did not initially realize, the Super SAMAS flight pack has wings, jet thrusters, and both dual linked plasma and laser guns attached so that's all part of the kit but due to the weight of everything involved you'll have to pick and choose what you're equipping before you head out. I assume that Ulrich would opt to have modular weapons and propulsion systems once he starts getting more toys for the scorpion (it can only carry so much and is already going to be comparatively massive). We should probably come up with a point value system for the equipment the scorpion is carrying in order to represent what it can and can't carry (limited by either weight or space). There will be a maximum loadout (4.5t also depending on space) and the more you have equipped the slower the scorpion will be.

I'll say it was similar to the 120mm BM obr.38 100/200/400 4d10 Med AP 2 Heavy Weapon=MD, minimum range of 75. That looks more like the kind of thing you might want a vehicle to help you move. If you want to fire it with any accuracy you'll have to be stationary unless you manage to develop or acquire guided fire rounds. Possible types of rounds include HE, precision guided, dual purpose, smoke, illumination, IR illumination, and plasma rounds. The scorpion will be able to carry four rounds and can reload as a free action, but can not fire the mortar on the same turn it was loaded (may do other actions). Additional rounds would be possible if other modular systems were unequipped. If allies have room they may be persuaded to transport supplementary ammo as well.

I fond this page helpful http://www.military-today.com/artillery ... mortar.htm

I've go to go for the moment but it would be good to see a breakdown of the equipment Ulrich has access to listed by weight.
    Sweet.

Ulrich would not utilize the flying aspect of the system that often as he is reluctant to make himself a big flying bulls-eye ripe for ambush but he will use it every now and then when needed. The leaping however will be used a bit more. It will make for some very versatile and dramatic scenes in the game. The weapons on the pack will be awesome as they will make the robot's stats match the picture more closely now. I mini has the duel gun "pincers" but the Ulti max only has a single laser. Now I can have not only the duel light lasers but the plasma ejectors as well.

The mortar will more than likely be fitted with smoke and illumination rounds and the like. The Gepanzerter Skorpion already has very good offensive capabilities so I don't really need more. It would offer an indirect fire feature being a mortar and all but I think the group would benefit more from smoke cover and illumination of darkness.
    Beowulf85
    Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I picture your mech moving more like a Zoid with an up and down motion as it walks and a lot of agility as it jumps around. I never watched the show but apparently there's a scorpion Zoid called the Death Stinger. Videos of it on youtube.
    Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:I picture your mech moving more like a Zoid with an up and down motion as it walks and a lot of agility as it jumps around. I never watched the show but apparently there's a scorpion Zoid called the Death Stinger. Videos of it on youtube.
    I never watched it either but that sounds about right. I actually have the miniature and am almost done with it. I still have to do the base.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=592913BE

Here is a link to my picture of it on facebook.
    Beowulf85
    Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

AwkTech wrote:If you are looking for an assist in the Upgrades department, let me know.

Skilled in Electronics, Engineering, and Repairs. If there was a planning process, say schematics drawn and math worked out on paper (or in the dirt), could we gain a boost to the rolls?

A planning process could garner a bonus on successful electronics/engineering rolls. I would assume there would be a planning process regardless so saying you are planning wouldn't get any bonuses in and of itself.

Use the 'Cooperative rolls' rules on P. 71 of SWD. I think Engineering would be most applicable.
    Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:
    AwkTech wrote:If you are looking for an assist in the Upgrades department, let me know.

A planning process could garner a bonus on successful electronics/engineering rolls. I would assume there would be a planning process regardless so saying you are planning wouldn't get any bonuses in and of itself.

Use the 'Cooperative rolls' rules on P. 71 of SWD. I think Engineering would be most applicable.

Okay cool. Ulrich has engineering. I'll have to RP it out at some points.

Is that something I should roll for in an RP thread or a OOC thread?
    Beowulf85
    Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Probably in the RP thread. I don't think it matters which of you posts your rolls first as you can total them up afterword. Yours would be the base roll, AwkTech's roll would be supporting and could give you bonuses if successful, from +1 on a success to a maximum of +4 with three raises.

You guys can create the plans now so you can spend any appropriate bennies before the reset in one month's time. Working on the plans themselves will take a day or two. but I plan on there being a little down time before sending you all back out. We need to get at least some basic repairs done on the Bop and for the time being the soldier with the pertinent information is too wounded to be of any use.
    Beowulf85
    Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Well that was amusing as hell. Who knew a Quick-Flex could match a dwarf for anger? Your critical fail didn't cost Chevy his vehicle, but his words might... Now I need to determine rules for how to hold a race. :D
    +1 benny for Chevy

I'm just creating her as I go, but I enjoy Terra's character.

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: The Nameless”