Out of Character Chatter

The group with no name
GM: Hobo Joe
Chevy

Re: Out of Character Chatter

Post by Chevy »

Oh, believe me, this is what roleplaying is all about! :D

I haven't had the chance to put it in the RP, but I've decided Chevy doesn't think much of Tech-Wizards. Thinks they cheat by mixing magic with machines.

We'll need to decide whether to use the corebook's less-than-stellar Chase rules, or one of the variant mechanics out there.
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Also worth noting that you could win another vehicle out of this.

We both have bennies for a reason, but yours outnumber mine... (no one has awarded the GM a benny yet :cry: )
GM Universal Bennies: 2
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Also, cheating is a matter of perspective. Magic practitioners tend to believe that magic is superior to technology in every way (it isn't) and tend to be at least inwardly arrogant about it.

It is certainly superior in some ways...
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:Also, cheating is a matter of perspective. Magic practitioners tend to believe that magic is superior to technology in every way (it isn't) and tend to be at least inwardly arrogant about it.

It is certainly superior in some ways...
What can I say, Chevy's a purist. ;)
Chevy
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Architect

Post by Architect »

How will AwkTek becoming a Techno-Wizard effect AwkTek and Chevy's developing relationship?

In regard to the GM getting bennies. I want to see where the blue DBs/Rainbow Slugs thing goes.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Dragons get special treatment because, well, dragons. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Well the blue D-Bees are from the One Sheet adventures, and thus far I've only read through the first one. I should probably read through the rest soonish.

The slug goop is something from one of the first games I ever played back in high school, though I'm using it in a different way. I've come up with multiple ideas for what it could do and how it could effect things, but I'm making decisions about it as needed. When Chevy rolled a critical fail I figure that was a good time to make a decision and start incorporating it.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Once again, that's the power of roleplaying! :D

I did not realize the slug encounter was not part of the One Sheet. I don't recall the mechanism for awarding the GM bennies but what you just mentioned sounds worthy of award to me. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Every player has one benny they can't spend but can award to anyone else who thy think deserves it for whatever reason. I've had players award me bennies before, that's always fun because it means I'm doing a good job.

The combat was part of the one sheet, but the ley line storm and its effects, including the slugs, were all incorporated as original material. One sheets tell you when a fight happens and how many NPCs are involved but don't tend to elaborate on anything else. It become up to the GM to determine terrain and environment. I deliberately gave players the option of cleaning up before going through the rift (highlighted in red) and decided it would be too late once passed through, though when transporting wounded time is of the essence players could have effectively quickly rinsed off (even by driving through a deep puddle). Also, the events in the rift, while a fun experiment with game mechanics, are partially to justify your characters not initially noticing the goop disappearing.

I've skimmed ahead to the next three one sheets (up to the fourth of five adventures) and due to the circumstances of the story and greater board continuity I may put us in to the second one sheet early. Not sure yet.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

In the spirit of encouraging roleplaying and for actions above and beyond the body of the script, I now officially award you my player Bennie. Use it well. :)
Chevy
Leonidas Alexander

Post by Leonidas Alexander »

Beowulf85 wrote:Well that was amusing as hell. Who knew a Quick-Flex could match a dwarf for anger? Your critical fail didn't cost Chevy his vehicle, but his words might... Now I need to determine rules for how to hold a race. :D
+1 benny for Chevy

I'm just creating her as I go, but I enjoy Terra's character.
I would normally suggest the Chase rules, but those are clunky even at the table, let alone on a forum.

Maybe a dramatic task where the modifiers are the difference between skills? So if Terra has a d10 and Chevy has a d8, Chevy suffers a -2 penalty (which is the baseline for dramatic tasks)?
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Charisma: +2 with people who value freedom and justice
Pace 8 (d10 run); Parry 8; Toughness 12 (6 MDC); Strain 6
Weapon In Hand: Psi-Sword (3d8, AP 6)
Bennies: 4 | 0
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Triple Ace Games has some pretty nifty Chase rules they use in their SW Daring Tales of Adventure line.

I know because I cribbed from them to create my own rules for Ubiquity. :D
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

Our Rainbow Slugs, would verbally mentioning them cause a reaction? AwkTek is likely the only one with current evidence of the slugs. Is there room in the debriefing area for AwkTek to take is full size?
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

No worries. I just dropped the info regarding the slugs.

No way Chevy's taking the blame for the fiasco in the courtyard, if he can help it. :)
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek doesn't know one way or the other. Novice Operator (he can fly and he can walk, not certain he should try driving.) AwkTek is following Chevy's lead on the vehicle mishap.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

There is furniture in the room designed for creatures of all sorts and sizes, up to and including larger adult dragons.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

I just realized Jaxus is in the fallen heroes thread. Did we lose him?
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Ulrich wrote:I just realized Jaxus is in the fallen heroes thread. Did we lose him?
Oh, pooh! :(
Chevy
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Chevy wrote:
Ulrich wrote:I just realized Jaxus is in the fallen heroes thread. Did we lose him?
Oh, pooh! :(
Yeah pooh. I like the idea of a cyber character that can be a jack of all trades master of none kinda character. I think he is running another game here on the board isn't he. The GM of another game has his Google messenger name.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I forgot to mention!

He's not quitting but he's way too busy for a few weeks (over a month in total) so we're suspending his character, but we've picked up two more!

He plans on playing again soonish, but I didn't want to hold the game up.

In the mean time we have a Crazy Psi-Stalker and a Fallen Cyber Knight joining our ranks.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Beowulf85 wrote:...In the mean time we have a Crazy Psi-Stalker and a Fallen Cyber Knight joining our ranks.
Hello!

Saw the welcome AwkTech, thank you.

Good to meet you all. Have followed your adventure for a while now. Look forward to RP with you all.

Seth is "fallen" and cannot use some Edges, like Champion, for now. I will be playing him in the, working on Redemption way, to regain his abilities. You are welcome to read his background...its long...but basically: he splintered from Lord Coake and went to Tolkeen to fight anyway. Was dubbed the Oathbreaker by fellow Knights. When Lord Coake called for all Knights to reform into one Fellowship again, Seth decided to try it. Thus he joined the Legion.

Anyway...good to be here.
As a side note my other account here is Fell (Juicer).
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Seth Merikh wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:...In the mean time we have a Crazy Psi-Stalker and a Fallen Cyber Knight joining our ranks.
Hello!

Saw the welcome AwkTech, thank you.

Good to meet you all. Have followed your adventure for a while now. Look forward to RP with you all.

Seth is "fallen" and cannot use some Edges, like Champion, for now. I will be playing him in the, working on Redemption way, to regain his abilities. You are welcome to read his background...its long...but basically: he splintered from Lord Coake and went to Tolkeen to fight anyway. Was dubbed the Oathbreaker by fellow Knights. When Lord Coake called for all Knights to reform into one Fellowship again, Seth decided to try it. Thus he joined the Legion.

Anyway...good to be here.
As a side note my other account here is Fell (Juicer).
Awesome. Sounds like a fun character to play and RP with. Looking forward to Seth and Ulrich having some interaction.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

I PM'd Egil about our first posts. Once I hear back... will post.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Hey, I'm the other new guy and appreciate the opportunity. This looks like a great group.

I am playing the crazy psi-stalker. My unstable psyche was Monologuer so I tend to ramble on and go off topic quite a bit.

Again, happy to be here as well.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Good to have you both with us.
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Welcome!
http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=121
PPE: 20 Staff PPE: 10
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4(d6), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4); Pace: 6; Parry: 6(1); Toughness: 12(7); Strain: 0
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Zima

Post by Zima »

My unstable psyche was Monologuer so I tend to ramble on and go off topic quite a bit.
Monologuer is the best Hindrance. At one point, I had two PCs in a Necessary Evil game with it. Also, they both had Russian accents that they would frequently role-play. It was pretty hilarious (especially since they were good enough players not to overdo it).

Welcome to you both!
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

There are currently 4 of us in the Google Hangout group. anyone who wants to join follow the link!

https://hangouts.google.com/group/JAA18w8JopJFfLuG2
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Quick question for everyone.

Our boss has offered us "something extra" for all the stuff we found on our mission. Correct me if I am wrong but I am guessing it will not be a particular item of request but more of a nature of the boon.

Does everyone want to have a RP meeting for the discussion or would you all just like to compile a list for me to shoot the GM as a PM for him to decide the best reward?
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

The chance to do some RP'ing is always appealing. Question is how amenable it is to our illustrious GM for us to spend time indulging in it. :)

if it does happen, I have to warn you that while I as a player have no problem with it, in-character Chevy will complain about the two new guys being involved, seeing as how they didn't do any of the work to earn it. That should inspire some RP right there. :mrgreen:
Chevy
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

And once again, the dice roller tries to kill me. :D
Chevy
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Chevy wrote:And once again, the dice roller tries to kill me. :D
I love how your completely legitimate crit fails are getting blamed on a curse now.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Spellweaver wrote:
I love how your completely legitimate crit fails are getting blamed on a curse now.
Hey, man, whatever works within the fiction. Why blame the character for my abysmally bad dice-rolling? :lol:
Chevy
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Chevy wrote:
Spellweaver wrote:
Hey, man, whatever works within the fiction. Why blame the character for my abysmally bad dice-rolling? :lol:
Fair enough.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

RPing it is absolutely fine with me. If you guys are having fun I'm doing my job, and if you guys are taking the initiative then my job becomes very easy.

The new players weren't on the payroll for the first mission but if it's something that benefits the team as a whole then it may benefit them as well. The bonus/boon should be somehow related to what you guys found, even if it's just credits to spend. Credits is easiest, but maybe not the most fun and maybe not what your character are actually interested in.

Theoretically, all of your finds combined are worth well over 300 million credits to the tomorrow legion. That's not something that the Legion is prepared to pay off a percentage of in a lump sum. A crystal ball from a brain tree alone is worth upwards of 250 million credits (the garden of legendary herbs is by far the most valuable find). You guys also found a buried shipment that contains unknown valuables, some of which are diamonds, and a couple of beached military watercraft. That's all I recall off the top of my head that's of value to the Legion (let me know if there's anything else I'm forgetting).
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

FYI all, if you want to nominate any fellow players or your totally awesome GM for EP, do it! EP will be distributed at the end of the month. Cite your reason/reasons and send a PM to myself (unless you're nominating me) and Venatus. Be sure to include links to specific posts if they are relevant.

All nominations are subject to approval. We're looking or people who contributed to the board in general, or for people who made did an amazing job role playing (even if only for a specific post or two.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Chevy wrote:
Spellweaver wrote:
LOL too funny.
Zima

Post by Zima »

Aww. Egil's trying so hard to make friends. I kind of want to give him my nomination chip.

Edit
It's either going to be Egil for trying to make friends, or Chevy for the sick burn.

Also, in light of the way things have gone ... i thought this might get a laugh.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Aww, Chevy didn't take the bait.

I was going to have... fun with him. ;)
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:Aww, Chevy didn't take the bait.

I was going to have... fun with him. ;)
Yeah. Sorry, man, but Terra managed to push a button that even I didn't realize was there. ;)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I still may have fun in other ways. I think Terra could be a fun character.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Egil will get the Bop painted yet.....

Appreciate the consideration!
Jarvis Ursus
Leonidas Alexander

Post by Leonidas Alexander »

Hey folks - I apologize for my absence. The past couple of weeks have been a blur and unfortunately SR just has not been a priority.
I'm going to try to catch up and jump back in this week.
Leonidas Alexander
PPE 0 | ISP 5 / 10
Charisma: +2 with people who value freedom and justice
Pace 8 (d10 run); Parry 8; Toughness 12 (6 MDC); Strain 6
Weapon In Hand: Psi-Sword (3d8, AP 6)
Bennies: 4 | 0
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Wohoo! I was worried we had lost you. I was going to inquire about putting your character on hold tonight. Glad you're still in! :)

Also, since you've been gone we've started a fairly active freeform RP where all the characters can interact in the 'Outskirts' of Castle Refuge at the bottom of the board. It's entirely optional, but we're having fun there and it looks like it may develop in to something more than a bar hang out. There have been whispers of a murderthon and of a grand melee tournament.

Also, Egil can have a roll on the adventure deck. That was hilarious and in Rifts the rolls and narrative often outweigh the need for scientific realism. Well done!

FYI all, this is where we currently stand for experience. Have I been neglecting Zima or Leonidas? You guys have a much lower post rate than most others. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help improve on that or if you're happy with the amount of participation you've been getting, sometimes it's tricky to show all my players equal love. :D

The Nameless

Leonidas - 6 XP | 2.70 PPW | 3 EP
Chevy - 6 XP | 9.00 PPW | 3 EP
Ulrich - 6 XP | 11.00 PPW | 3 EP
AwkTech - 6 XP | 6.00 PPW | 3 EP
Spellweaver - 6 XP | 5.60 PPW | 3 EP
Zima - 6 XP | 2.40 PPW | 3 EP
Egil - 2 XP | 0.80 PPW | EP
Seth - 1 XP | 0.60 PPW | EP

Group Post Rate (Weekly): 4.76
GM Post Rate (Weekly): 4.70
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Thanks! It took a couple of google searches reads on rail guns and 'how to fix a blown speaker'

Adventure deck roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Adrenaline Surge
Jarvis Ursus
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

suh-WEEEEEEEEEET!!!
Architect

Post by Architect »

Beowulf85 wrote: 1st SET

Leonidas - 6 XP | 2.70 PPW | 3 EP
Chevy - 6 XP | 9.00 PPW | 3 EP
Ulrich - 6 XP | 11.00 PPW | 3 EP
AwkTech - 6 XP | 6.00 PPW | 3 EP <<-- What is the "PPW"?
Spellweaver - 6 XP | 5.60 PPW | 3 EP
Zima - 6 XP | 2.40 PPW | 3 EP
Egil - 2 XP | 0.80 PPW | EP
Seth - 1 XP | 0.60 PPW | EP

Group Post Rate (Weekly): 4.76
GM Post Rate (Weekly): 4.70
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

PPW is Posts Per Week.

Any yea, Ulrich is way in the lead. All hail the leader!

Not that there are any special prizes for being in the lead, but well done regardless.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I'm ready to start taking care of the research as soon as Spellweaver is. We could RP it, or do some dice rolls and have a dramatic interlude with whatever player characters are involved. We need to get the problem solved before we can dispatch again. I was hoping to be able to start the new mission in the next week or two.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

I'll say this. Chevy is not starting any repairs until he's absolutely sure any magic contamination is off the Bop. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Same problem with a number of characters, perhaps Chevy should assist Spellweaver in determining how to cleanse the slug goop?
Architect

Post by Architect »

Can Hindrances be worked through?

Dragon Hatchlings, just get a Hindrance for each of their first three sessions.

If AwkTek took Illiterate, is it a Hindrance with time that he could work himself out of?
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

AwkTech wrote:Can Hindrances be worked through?

Dragon Hatchlings, just get a Hindrance for each of their first three sessions.

If AwkTek took Illiterate, is it a Hindrance with time that he could work himself out of?
In RaW, a hindrance can be bought off with an advance.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Architect

Post by Architect »

Merlaggon wrote:
Thanks. Must have overlooked that in my several read throughs.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

AwkTech wrote:
Merlaggon wrote:
Thanks. Must have overlooked that in my several read throughs.
Awktech is going to have a hard time drawing up blueprints and making use of computers if he's illiterate.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Spellweaver

Post by Spellweaver »

Beowulf85 wrote:I'm ready to start taking care of the research as soon as Spellweaver is. We could RP it, or do some dice rolls and have a dramatic interlude with whatever player characters are involved. We need to get the problem solved before we can dispatch again. I was hoping to be able to start the new mission in the next week or two.
I'm down with however you want to handle it. I'd have jumped right in, but the Corporal wanted a meeting.
Skills:
Fighting d6
Intimidation d6+2
Investigation d6+2
Kn. Arcana d6
Notice d6
Spellcasting d12+1
Stealth d4
Streetwise d6+2
Taunt d6+2
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Spellweaver wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:I'm ready to start taking care of the research as soon as Spellweaver is. We could RP it, or do some dice rolls and have a dramatic interlude with whatever player characters are involved. We need to get the problem solved before we can dispatch again. I was hoping to be able to start the new mission in the next week or two.
I'm down with however you want to handle it. I'd have jumped right in, but the Corporal wanted a meeting.
Excellent, let's jump right in.

Which characters do players feel could assist on this? Do your characters have skills or connections that could be valuable in the mission? Do your characters have old friends or people they worked for who might be able to help?

We'll be doing a collaborative dramatic interlude and skipping ahead an appropriate amount of time in the story (anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, whatever is appropriate).

Once we figure out which characters can contribute what we'll structure it, either for one event to take place after another, or for several characters to be working simultaneously in their own areas with everything coming together at the end. Remember, as this is a dramatic interlude (of sorts) you can get a little creative with your character's as of yet unwritten histories in order to make your character relevant to participate.

Examples could include (not limited to):

Do you have friends in Lazlo/Manistique Imperium/Russia/Europe/Spirit West who might have some knowledge of trans-dimensional magic, ley line storms, or biologically based magic?

Do you know who knows a guy who knows a way to the Libraries of Bletherad?

Does a technowizard in Kingston/Lazlo/elsewhere owe you a favor?

Did you do a job for a knowledgeable client who might help you out in exchange for a favor?

Is there someone you have been avoiding, but who might be able to help the group if you can bring yourself to make contact? (awkward relative, bully from your younger years, friend you had a falling out with, etc...)

Have you heard rumors of a lost device/book that might be helpful, but you need the help of someone/people in the group to retrieve it? (hidden in a dragon's hoard, captured by the Coalition, forgotten in a town that has been over run by the Xiticix, etc...)

Do you just have skills that could help and would like to try some research/experiments of your own (possibly with someone else's assistance)?

Get some ideas for your characters in here by Friday, and feel free to collaborate if you want to work together with/borrow another player's character for your dramatic interludes (provided all players concerned agree to lend their characters).

Feel free to contribute ideas for other potential dramatic interludes that characters both magically and not magically inclined could get involved in.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Spellweaver wrote:
Excellent, let's jump right in.

Which characters do players feel could assist on this? Do your characters have skills or connections that could be valuable in the mission? Do your characters have old friends or people they worked for who might be able to help?

We'll be doing a collaborative dramatic interlude and skipping ahead an appropriate amount of time in the story (anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, whatever is appropriate).

Once we figure out which characters can contribute what we'll structure it, either for one event to take place after another, or for several characters to be working simultaneously in their own areas with everything coming together at the end. Remember, as this is a dramatic interlude (of sorts) you can get a little creative with your character's as of yet unwritten histories in order to make your character relevant to participate.

Examples could include (not limited to):

Do you have friends in Lazlo/Manistique Imperium/Russia/Europe/Spirit West who might have some knowledge of trans-dimensional magic, ley line storms, or biologically based magic?

Do you know who knows a guy who knows a way to the Libraries of Bletherad?

Does a technowizard in Kingston/Lazlo/elsewhere owe you a favor?

Did you do a job for a knowledgeable client who might help you out in exchange for a favor?

Is there someone you have been avoiding, but who might be able to help the group if you can bring yourself to make contact? (awkward relative, bully from your younger years, friend you had a falling out with, etc...)

Have you heard rumors of a lost device/book that might be helpful, but you need the help of someone/people in the group to retrieve it? (hidden in a dragon's hoard, captured by the Coalition, forgotten in a town that has been over run by the Xiticix, etc...)

Do you just have skills that could help and would like to try some research/experiments of your own (possibly with someone else's assistance)?

Get some ideas for your characters in here by Friday, and feel free to collaborate if you want to work together with/borrow another player's character for your dramatic interludes (provided all players concerned agree to lend their characters).

Feel free to contribute ideas for other potential dramatic interludes that characters both magically and not magically inclined could get involved in.
Okay I'll think of some stuff Ulrich might be able to do to help since he himself is not really able to do much mystically.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

As part of Chevy's background, he has a relationship with a Black Market Expeditor who he has "done business" with in the past.

It's the kind of relationship that sparks conversations such as "this better not be like that deal in Kenosha; I almost didn't make it out of there in one piece". ;)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Glad to get some of our less magicy characters involved, like I said feel free to be creative about connections and histories to get in on it.

Also, as Spellweaver was placed in charge of solving the issue characters should come to him with suggestions about how they might contribute, then he can organize them.

Feel free to coordinate about it OOC either here or in one of the chats. If anyone isn't in either the FB chat and should be (not all have Facebook) let me know.

Also, Google Hangouts is what pretty much every other group on the board uses. We have our GH here:

https://hangouts.google.com/group/6oWmK70EmgncuJn23

As a note, the characters currently affected are Zima (Glitter Boy), Chevy (APC), Leonidas (armor), and I think AwkTch(scales?).
Architect

Post by Architect »

Correct on AwkTek and his scales.

AwkTek has no other connections. He will gladly follow Weaver around watching and asking questions.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Egil also has connections to the black market and has sold some magical items to them from time to time. No magical knowledge himself but he is always willing to get inside someones head and help out (via Boost Trait).

He'd also do a taste test on any PPE residue the slugs may have left.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Apologies for my lack of involvement, I was under the weather this past week.
Jarvis Ursus
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Egil Skallgrim wrote:Egil also has connections to the black market and has sold some magical items to them from time to time. No magical knowledge himself but he is always willing to get inside someones head and help out (via Boost Trait).

He'd also do a taste test on any PPE residue the slugs may have left.
So you are going to be getting intimate with the Bop! :lol:
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Aaaaand I'm in. Good Morning Campers! :D
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Velcome to zhe game... doctor Jones.

I actually try to type my character's words with a phonetic German accent for RP sake. ^_^
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Just a couple of things to make sure I've got everything squared away.

Just to clarify on the bennie situation. The base is 3 + I get one extra from a F&G roll + 1 that I can award to anyone else but not use myself. Correct?

Also, do I go ahead and make an entry in the EP Ledger now?

Any other new player stuff I missed?

Thanks!
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Radecliffe wrote:Just a couple of things to make sure I've got everything squared away.

Just to clarify on the bennie situation. The base is 3 + I get one extra from a F&G roll + 1 that I can award to anyone else but not use myself. Correct?

Thanks!
Start Session (April 1st) with 3 bennies. You however have: Fortune Favors the Bold: Your hero begins with the Brave Edge. He also begins each session with one additional Benny. So you are 4/4 bennies. I may be wrong but....I believe you can only use bennie, not give it away. Don't quote me on that.

You may be awarded bennies by GM but if you use all up next Session starts, July 1st I think.

EP Ledger now, yes, you will be at +1 EP for Savage Membership (everyone starts with that).
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Seth Merikh wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:Just a couple of things to make sure I've got everything squared away.

Thanks!
Start Session (April 1st) with 3 bennies. You however have: Fortune Favors the Bold: Your hero begins with the Brave Edge. He also begins each session with one additional Benny. So you are 4/4 bennies. I may be wrong but....I believe you can only use bennie, not give it away. Don't quote me on that.

You may be awarded bennies by GM but if you use all up next Session starts, July 1st I think.

EP Ledger now, yes, you will be at +1 EP for Savage Membership (everyone starts with that).
There is the Common Bond edge that allows you to let others use your Bennies. Otherwise, you have to use them personally.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote: Note: If you could include relative sizes of your vehicles/large characters (size 1/2/3/4 etc.. and size in yards, metres, and feet) in your signatures it would be helpful. I'm trying to keep things to scale(ish) Also please provide a link to your character sheet. I think the Bop > AwkTech > Ulrich > Zima > human sized characters?
For reference, my .sig includes a link to my character sheet that also includes the stats for the Bop (third post down). I can add the Bop's Size to the .sig, if that helps.
Yes, please add the size to the signature, including that it's Size 5, and any measurements you can find for it in feet/meters/yards. I had to bust out RUE in order to find them, it was time consuming. Also, please make sure to keep any posts that are strictly OOC in the OOC forum, or add an OOC tag to the end of a relevant in game post.

Thanks!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote: For reference, my .sig includes a link to my character sheet that also includes the stats for the Bop (third post down). I can add the Bop's Size to the .sig, if that helps.
Yes, please add the size to the signature, including that it's Size 5, and any measurements you can find for it in feet/meters/yards. I had to bust out RUE in order to find them, it was time consuming. Also, please make sure to keep any posts that are strictly OOC in the OOC forum, or add an OOC tag to the end of a relevant in game post.

Thanks![/quote]

I'll look to see if there are any real-world measurements in the source material once I'm back home with my books.

Sorry about the mis-post. Posting from a tablet has some limitations. :-)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:
OOC Comments
i have the quick edge which allows me to redraw initiative draws of 5 or less. I would like to do that please.
That would work if your low initiative were due to a card draw, but it's due to your critical fail on your notice check. Regardless of what card you drew you ended up at the bottom because Ulrich was entirely oblivious to any developing situation. I could have theoretically given you a different penalty for the critical fail, something like you failed to notice a 'check engine/oil/fuel level' light, but ultimately that would have been far more detrimental to your character and may have entirely removed you from the fight.

And again, please keep any posts that are strictly OOC to the OOC thread. It makes it much easier for me to tally up people's posts at the end of the quarter.

The OOC tag is intended for relevant information directly relating to your post, such as die rolls, explanations, notes, or remarks
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Probably something I should have double checked before but I want to be sure before I mess around and try to shoot anything. The Turret weapon I'm manning is the heavy laser, correct? When/if I get around to shooting at something from the Bop I don't want to accidentally, you know, blow someone up I didn't mean to. :shock:
Radecliffe

Skills

Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Radecliffe wrote:Probably something I should have double checked before but I want to be sure before I mess around and try to shoot anything. The Turret weapon I'm manning is the heavy laser, correct? When/if I get around to shooting at something from the Bop I don't want to accidentally, you know, blow someone up I didn't mean to. :shock:
Don't give the GM ideas! :shock:

:D

On a more serious note, as gunner, Chevy would give Radecliffe access the the whole suite of weaponry: A medium laser, light missile launcher, and ECCM (aka chaff). Stats are in my character sheet thread (link in .sig).
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Chevy wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:Probably something I should have double checked before but I want to be sure before I mess around and try to shoot anything. The Turret weapon I'm manning is the heavy laser, correct? When/if I get around to shooting at something from the Bop I don't want to accidentally, you know, blow someone up I didn't mean to. :shock:

On a more serious note, as gunner, Chevy would give Radecliffe access the the whole suite of weaponry: A medium laser, light missile launcher, and ECCM (aka chaff). Stats are in my character sheet thread (link in .sig).

So both weapons are turret mounted? Or is one of them fixed? I looked at your sheet so I knew what weapons you had just not how they are arranged.
Radecliffe

Skills

Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Radecliffe wrote:
Chevy wrote:

So both weapons are turret mounted? Or is one of them fixed? I looked at your sheet so I knew what weapons you had just not how they are arranged.
I looked extensively through the rules to find out how turrets are handled and didn't find anything so, yes, for all intents and purposes both weapons have 360° fire arc. Someone correct me if I missed it.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I don't think there are hard rules for it. Until another player/GM points out that it's wrong I'll function under the assumption that they are capable of 360 degrees if they are being properly manned or if the pilot has an ability/training to be able to drive and control weapons at the same time. Otherwise they would be locked in position unless the driver stopped and took time to aim.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:I don't think there are hard rules for it. Until another player/GM points out that it's wrong I'll function under the assumption that they are capable of 360 degrees if they are being properly manned or if the pilot has an ability/training to be able to drive and control weapons at the same time. Otherwise they would be locked in position unless the driver stopped and took time to aim.
Or performed a multi-action with the corresponding penalty. Hence Chevy's offer to Radecliffe for the gunner position; it frees him up to concentrate on driving. :)
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

AwkTech wrote:OOC I would figure AwkTek would actually be bigger than the Bop.
for the third time today, please keep purely OOC posts here... *fake exasperated eye roll* :roll:

According to TLPG:
Mountaineer is size 5
Hatchlings are size 6

So you would be right, however I couldn't find base sizes for each size rating, so I looked at the actual sizes listed and...

According to TLPG Hatchlings are 15-20 feet from snout to tail tip. (rounded to 6 yards)
TLPG doesn't have a measurement for Mountaineer, so I refereed to RUE which lists it as 25 feet (7.6 m) long. (rounded to 8 yards)

Hence me asking you guys to provide measurements for your characters/vehicles, because looking all that up and doing the conversions was a pain.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Now I'm going to go delete the OOC posts that are not where they should be because I don't want them cluttering the game thread, especially when I try to count posts at the end of the quarter.

The OOC tag is intended for relevant information directly relating to your post, such as die rolls, explanations, notes, or remarks. It is not intended to be a post in and of itself in the game thread. :p
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Waiting on AwkTech before posting my turn...
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

I cannot remember what my drawn card means?

Is there somewhere I can get access to an Action Deck?
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

AwkTech wrote:I cannot remember what my drawn card means?

Is there somewhere I can get access to an Action Deck?
If you're talking about the Initiative draw, I believe it only establishes your place in the action order, nothing more.

Unless the GM says otherwise.
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

Noted.

Thanks Nestor.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

No worries. :)

At this point, it'll likely be tomorrow night when I can post my move. G'night everybody!
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

If AwkTech takes that line of approach at a flying pace of 12 it will take forever to get in range. Did you forget to check the notes about scale? At 12 pace it will take 4 turns to cross a large hex (I assume you can roll 1d12 for 'running' while flying as well, but that's not reliable). You'd probably be wiser to either engage from range or hitch a ride on the Bop.

Remember for movement and burst templates:
1 pace = 1 inch = 2 yards movement
1 hex = 4 yards = 2 pace = 2 inches
1 large hex = 24 hexes in diameter = 96 yards = 48 pace
1 large hex = 12 hexes along one side = 48 yards = 24 pace
• Cone Templates are 9” (4.5 hexes) long and 3” (1.5 hexes) wide at their widest point.
• Large Burst Templates are 6” (3 hexes) in diameter.
• Medium Burst Templates are 4” (2 hexes) in diameter.
• Small Burst Templates are 2” (1 hex) in diameter.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Also worth noting, the Bop's optimal speed is 352 yards/round.
352 = 176 pace = 3.7 large hexes
That being said you probably can't drive at optimal speed unless on a well paved highway. Cut that speed in half on rough terrain, and much much slower again if you plan on going through the water.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:Also worth noting, the Bop's optimal speed is 352 yards/round.
That being said you probably can't drive at optimal speed unless on a well paved highway. Cut that speed in half on rough terrain, and much much slower again if you plan on going through the water.
No worries. I was working that out myself. I'm figuring one turn to get to the water's edge, and one turn to get across, assuming there's a need. Will post this afternoon or tonight.
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I converted stuff like that all the time for Rifts.
120 mph = 211,200 yards/hr
60 minutes/hr = 211,200/60 = 3,520 yards/minute
1 round = 6 seconds
1 minute = 60 seconds
60/6 = 10
3,520/10 = 352 yards/round
1 pace = 2 yards
352/2 = 176 pace/round optimal speed

Practically speaking the books really should list 'pace' for the vehicles.
Architect

Post by Architect »

I went by the scale listed on the PNG of the map. 1 hex = 4 yds.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

AwkTech wrote:I went by the scale listed on the PNG of the map. 1 hex = 4 yds.
Yes, and you crossed several hundred hexes. If each of the larger hexes was 4 yards AwkTech would take up 1.5 hexes alone. There wouldn't be room for all of the characters. :lol:

Click on the map to zoom in and check the notes that I made for reference. The hexes it was talking about are the smaller ones. Please edit your post in light of the new information, unless you want to take about 18 turns to accomplish that action.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Was a much greater distance than I realized. Figure the Brodkil can catch Kid, start a camp fire, cook kid and be patting their bellies by time we get there....

Finally arriving at the Brodkil, winded from the miles long run, Sir Merikh looks around and sighs, oh well..."Got desert?"

;)

Hopefully we will get there in time.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Seth Merikh wrote:Was a much greater distance than I realized. Figure the Brodkil can catch Kid, start a camp fire, cook kid and be patting their bellies by time we get there....

Finally arriving at the Brodkil, winded from the miles long run, Sir Merikh looks around and sighs, oh well..."Got desert?"

;)

Hopefully we will get there in time.
No worries. Chevy's High-Speed Express is at your beck and call. When you absotively, poslutely have to get there in the nick of time. :D
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

As far as I can tell the big guns are well within range. The best bet is probably to try and drive off the broodkil using ranged fire. The Bop can close the distaance the fastest I think if Chevy chooses to do so.
Radecliffe

Skills

Architect

Post by Architect »

Beowulf85 wrote:
AwkTech wrote:I went by the scale listed on the PNG of the map. 1 hex = 4 yds.
Yes, and you crossed several hundred hexes. If each of the larger hexes was 4 yards AwkTech would take up 1.5 hexes alone. There wouldn't be room for all of the characters. :lol:

Click on the map to zoom in and check the notes that I made for reference. The hexes it was talking about are the smaller ones. Please edit your post in light of the new information, unless you want to take about 18 turns to accomplish that action.
What turns out to be smaller hexes when zoomed in looked like texture to me and therefore I overlooked that detail completely. Se what happens when you fail your Notice check.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

LOL! I had to do some research on this map to try and figure out how it was intended to run because it's either HUGE or way too small. I discussed it with the other GMs as well, and was assured that several players would be confused. I think you're number 2, lol.

Sorry for the confusion, but after all when I launched this game I partially sold it on figuring out how to play through the pre-generated missions so we could all figure them out. Consider it part of the learning experience. :P
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

I think everyone's posted except Chevy. Since when is he the last to post? LOL!

No rush, still lots of time, but he usually posts about 5 minutes after me. The amount of times I've edited one of my posts and by the time I'm done he's already responded to the original post... :lol:
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:I think everyone's posted except Chevy. Since when is he the last to post? LOL!

No rush, still lots of time, but he usually posts about 5 minutes after me. The amount of times I've edited one of my posts and by the time I'm done he's already responded to the original post... :lol:
What can I say? I wanted to be good and wait for my turn. :D
Chevy
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:Also worth noting, the Bop's optimal speed is 352 yards/round.
Okay, I checked the SW Deluxe book and found this on Pg. 58:
Acc/Top Speed is the vehicle’s Acceleration and Top Speed in inches per round. The Top Speed of vehicles is set for battlefields (not the open highway, where they can usually double their speed). They’re adapted to work on the table-top, which means they’re not entirely realistic but work well for the game. Top Speed is typically half the vehicle’s operational speed for military vehicles, or one-quarter speed for civilian cars. Acceleration varies far more widely—use the examples from the Vehicle Table as a guide.
Seeing as how one game inch equals two yards, that gives the Bop an acceleration of 20 yards per round and a combat top speed of 100 yards per round. For sake of argument, let's say Chevy was cruising at about 40 yards/round, or using the scale on the map, 10 hexes/round. He can accelerate to 15 hexes/round this turn, or roughly the edge of one of the large hexes. That places the Brodkil firmly inside the missile launcher's Medium range (-2 to Shooting, offset by the Bop's Sensor Suite).

Math is hard. Let's shoot something.
Chevy
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Need visual.

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: The Nameless”