View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm



Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle! 
Author Message
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 0600; It is light.
Temp: 68 degrees, F but warming up.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: Old Chicago is rife with ley lines, but Fort Resilience is one of the few areas with none within a mile of the base.
Location: Fort Resilience: Barracks, and headed to Meeting Room 15 by 0630
GM Notes: All Bennies Reset

It's been a hell of a first month, but the LT didn't lie - he got everyone at least basically trained with demolitions and basic combat engineer work. A few go above and beyond that.
    (Add this to your sheet with your edges)
    Basic Demolition Education Course: This character can set pre-programmed demo charges with a Common Knowledge Roll as long as someone with Knowledge (Demolitions) Sets the charges up and tells the character where to place it (successful roll on Knowledge (Demolitions)).
    Code:
    [b]Basic Demolition Education Course[/b]: This character can set pre-programmed demo charges with a Common Knowledge Roll as long as someone with Knowledge (Demolitions) Sets the charges up and tells the character where to place it (successful roll on Knowledge (Demolitions)).
But today is the day when you break your cherry! Today is your first long range combat patrol. You have no idea what's coming, but it's unlike anything you've experienced to date. You're at the very least anxious, but also excited.

"Drop your cocks and grab your socks. Time to rise and shine Bear two!" Dansk's voice echoes in the hall as she leaves the shower. "We muster in 30, be ready!"

Of course some were up already, but those who were dawdling or enjoying just a few more minutes of rest knew that time had come.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Why do they always say that? Solene thinks to herself, rolling her eyes after Dansk leaves. They know I don't have a cock, does that mean I can go back to bed? I bet Golden Age women didn't have to put up with this male dominated, military culture bullshit when they served. Looking across the room she toys with the idea of tormenting her awkward roommate a little more but decides against, once was a joke, a pattern of mocking is bullying. Something Bouchard abhors.

Regardless of her internal musings, early rising is no problem. Long shifts in the mines followed by boot camp meant getting up early was hard wired into her by now. Going through her routine she double checks her personal gear for the long term patrol before heading to the muster point. Before leaving the room she habitually makes up her bunk and takes down all the stuff she used to torment Kilnger the day before. When ready she looks at him, "Let's roll. And, if I get hurt out there, make sure and give me the good stuff for the pain."

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Joe was awake when the wakeup call came, so it was only a matter of seconds before he was out of bed and getting ready. Wondered when we would be called up. Once clothed, Joe takes the time to maintain his bunk and clean up from the night before. Joe then heads out of the communal room he shared with Draper into the communal room shared by the four squads that lived in the barracks. Joe looks to the next person to come out. "So any Idea what we're up to?" Joe asks, the curiosity in his voice apparent.

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 18
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
Ace: 1d8 = 8 (8)
2nd Ace: 1d8 = 2 (2)


High Command wrote:
"Drop your cocks and grab your socks. Time to rise and shine Bear two!" Dansk's voice echoes in the hall as she leaves the shower. "We muster in 30, be ready!"


When the bellow came, Raleigh Ray had already been up for five minutes, awoken earlier by his watch's alarm. When his roomy Wright awoke, he gave him a cordial, "Good morning, beautiful!"

Taking advantage of his five-minute head-start, Raleigh Ray was among the first to hit the shower. Just a 60-second rinse-off since he made it a practice to get in a good cleaning before bed, along with his evening shit. A splash of water to get the night's odoriferous accumulations off and dampen his hair to prepare it for an amazing display of styling. He spent longer in front of the mirror shaving and working his hair into an immaculate coif than anything else.

After putting on his uniform, making sure he had all the essentials (fresh can of dip packs, comb, fancy watch, dog tags, wallet; check, check, check, check, and check), he made his way to the common area to wait for the others who hadn't already beat him to the punch.

Joe Marshal wrote:
Joe looks to the next person to come out. "So any Idea what we're up to?" Joe asks, the curiosity in his voice apparent.


"Jus' another day in Paradise, livin' the dream!" Raleigh Ray replied with a bit of sarcasm. After he sat down, he tapped the home button his watch and brought up a holographic calendar in the air above it. He fingered it in taps and swiping motions to bring up more information about the agenda he knew about for the day. "Let's see.... Nope, nothin' scheduled that I see. Guess we get to be surprised." He taped the home button again and the floating hologram vanished.

He contemplated popping in a dip pack, but he didn't like to do that before breakfast. Today's flavor was mint.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 3
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Jasper sat in the smoking lounge finishing up a cigarette while staring longingly at the flame dancing from the top of his lighter. Checking the time, he sighs softly as he flips the top back up and extinguishing the flame before stubbing out his butt in the provided receptacle. Walking back up stairs Jasper sees two of his squad already out in the common area looking ready to go.
"Morning," Jasper says in greetings. "The schedule hasn't been posted yet. Anyone know whats the plan for today yet?" He waits for the reply, before asking another question in an off hand way. "Any ideas on how you would get two extra mattresses? Is that something that would have to be requisitioned or did anyone see a room with extras in it?" A small smirk plays across Jasper's face as he thinks about earlier this morning when he woke up. -Damn, near tripped over the one that was lying on the ground in my room, and the one against the wall was a nice touch. I bet Sam is gonna love that when he wakes up...-

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 13
Skill: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe wakes to see Lucius as he is most mornings, propped up in bed with his headphones and exomon display on. He's been more than happy to share what he's looking at with anyone who asks over the course of the last month. Books and vids detailing strategic tactics for every command size, documentaries and news footage of any political personality he can find, general news about the Chi-Town and the CS as a whole.

He stays engrossed in his studies, a melodic metal band barely audible outside his headphones, until the call comes. Standing and stowing his PDA and glasses he walks to the head in his boxers, he'd showered the night before but he took the time use the head, then a quick shave. He nods to Marshall, Colton, and Maddocs as he walks past the communal room to get a cup of coffee, his headphones still blaring he misses anything said unless they make a deliberate effort to be noticed.

Coffee secured he returns to his room and finally ditches his headphones. Pulling his clothes from the drawers he forces it closed, even with the abundance of storage space his PX trip at the start of the month had stocked it well. He dresses quickly and heads out, grabbing a fresh pack of Bossman cigars and his lighter on the way out he joins the others in the communal room.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Notice 29(31)
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Die 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Ace Die 1d8 = 8 (8)
WTF Ace Die 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
PSIScent Related Bonus (If applicable): +2
Notice: 29(31)


Hunter was up and at em like a 'good dogboy' should be. He'd been particularly motivated to give it his best in the past while due to the fact he'd actually been treated really well compared to most of his past. The fact that he seemed to get along well with his squad mates only furthered his desire to help them however he could. The first thing he did was check and make sure all his kit was in order and in it's proper place. This was just something that had been drilled into him, and something he'd learned was really important. Making sure everything was where it should be, was replaced when used, and was properly stowed meant he knew where it was when he needed it in a pinch. Not only that but it made it so much easier to carry if it was all properly distributed. His only gripe, like that the vast majority of dogboys had, was the helmet.

Sure it was awesome they gave him one of the 'good' suits, but the helmets were somewhat uncomfortable and really annoyed him in that they blocked out his ability to properly smell and see the world around him. As a result he went around without it on when ever he could get away with it, though he always made sure to have it proper secured, be it having it stuffed in a drop pouch or sitting at the very top of the gear stuffed into his pack.

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 4 (4) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Alan gets up with roll call, gets dressed and cleans his room. He has gotten into the habit with Solene, almost making it a competition on who can get it done first. When she starts to take down some of the posters, he speaks up with the one over her bunk. "Keep that one up, she's pretty."

Quote:
"Let's roll. And, if I get hurt out there, make sure and give me the good stuff for the pain."


With a smile, "Two aspirin, got it." Alan leaves the room ready to go. It has been one hell of a month, time in the gym and class has been pretty rough.

Walking into the communal room, Alan naturally gravitates towards Casanova. "Do you staple that wig to your head or do you work at it?"

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 3
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


Logan wakes up almost 20 minutes prior to Dansk calling out for everyone to get ready to roll out dry heaving into his waste bucket that he started keeping next to the head of his bed. His sinuses have not gotten any less severe in the month that he's be in Old Chicago. Checking the top bunk, he finds Colton fast asleep, and from experience knows that his watch will wake him up five mintues prior to their normal wake up times. Logan grabs two packets of his Green Apple Drink Mix and adds them to Colton's bottle of conditioner and closes it up and shakes it to mix it in before placing it back in its proper place. He then takes Colton's open can of dip as well as one his pens, carefully removes the tube containing the ink, then carefully squeezes the ink into the individual packs of dip. Logan closes it back up and places it back where he found it.

He grabs his towel, body wash, shampoo, shaving cream, and razor and heads out to the hall to see if the showers are occupied. If it wasn't for sweating the way he does in his sleep, he could probably take a shower before going to bed at night and not need to worry about squeezing one in during the morning rush. Seeing as how Dansk is using the showers, Logan goes ahead and shaves and uses the facilities. He hears Dansk's calling out to Bear Two as he is coming out of the latrines and immediately takes a quick five minute shower. A huge benefit of short hair is that I can take much faster showers. Logan thinks to himself.

He finds Dansk to get permission to get into his locker (if required), then goes to his locker in the garage and dons his armor, checks his weapons, then checks his other gear, before going to the muster area. If there is anyone else to talk to, Logan will ask "Do you know what they have planned for us today?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Last edited by Logan Wright on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
{{Prior Notice Check Carried Over}}

Alan Klinger wrote:
Walking into the communal room, Alan naturally :roll: gravitates towards Casanova. "Do you staple that wig to your head or do you work at it?"


"My good doctor, all true art is a labor of love..." Raleigh Ray snarked with a sideways grin. "Some artists work in sculptures, others oil paintings...Me? Hair is my true medium."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Time: 0630
About 25 minutes after Dansk appears. No one has left the common room, aside to hit the smoking lounge, let alone gone to get into the armory before they have orders too. Most remember that time the dogboy from Bear One decided to go down and check E-clip charge before he got permission, and how he was on floor scrubbing detail for a month. To his credit, he seemed to be very good at cleaning with a toothbrush. She sends Draper and his counterpart ahead with a note (see below) and then gathers Bear Two on her. "We're headed to briefing room 15-1-13-Bravo. Move out." All of them were very familiar with the room. It was where their first dinner as a platoon had been, and where every subsequent platoon meeting was held.

As the group filters in, there is coffee and breakfast sandwiches on the table, along with yogurt and applesauce pouches. There are a few pint cartons of milk and orange juice, probably less than a dozen. As you all enter, either Dansk or the LT instructs you to "Eat while we're waiting and talking. Be done when I'm done talking." They both begin wolfing down a sandwich or two, plus a pouch of applesauce. Dansk, as usual, grabs one of the only chocolate milks on the table and downs it in one drink, looking quite satisfied. Everyone had learned that the day went better when the Sergeant had her chocolate milk. And there was always one apple juice, and it was the LT's. Colton had made that mistake one morning, and after complaining ended up on a field day of the entire armory, cleaning and polishing everything in it. To be fair, it needed it, but normally it was an all hands on deck job. No one made that mistake again. Bear One's corporal had tried to warn Colton, but had been just too late. Everyone else operated on first come first serve, though the corporals were the ones who got food when they had platoon meetings like this, and got their own needs met because of this.

The LT speaks to the assembled platoon. "Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you, we have a combat patrol. I only just got the details, and you'll be getting your orders from your squad leader. We will be splitting on two separate objectives. Bear One will go with First Platoon on a long range combat patrol of an area downtown near the river. There are a few buildings near an automated strong point that we need to demo after the First clears it of squatters. Bear Two will go with Second and Third Platoons to do a Combat Patrol of an area north of downtown. You should be out of the hot zone, but honestly it's been a few months since anyone has been through there. The Second and Third will recon in force, and call for buildings to be dropped. Scouting elements of those platoons are already in position, so you should have some intel once you reach the Op Zone. We'll be travelling in convoy there on most patrolled routes, but we get squatters and combatants that will ambush us from time to time. If you become part of an ambush situation while in transit, lay down cover fire and push through. I'm authorizing an extra Mauler suit for each platoon. Colton, Jitters, you get the nod for each squad." Jitters was a kind of hard case who got rattled during one of their ops. Not scared, but nervous - he'd been Jitters ever since. He also drank about fifteen cups of coffee a day given a chance, and usually carried a canteen full of it in the field, in addition to his water. "Both power armors will man the door positions, and everyone else pile in the back. Once we're in the field, each group will get chopped a couple of skelebots for perimeter patrol." He glances to both controllers with a smile. "Yes boys, you'll get operational control, but only as directed by either squad leader and squad XO."

He looks around. "We don't have many details and no maps that will help us. You will have artillery support in the form of a platoon of UAR-1s operating in each Op Zone. There are also aerial drones that can be tasked for recon, but those are meant for the combat forces. We'll have more information once on site. Make no mistake, there is nothing routine or controlled about this op. We are jumping off in the deep end. Keep chatter to a minimum and stay off radios unless you have something important to say. It is 0640, I want all of you in the armory getting suited up. Buddy up. Two to help each power armor get suited up, then one buddy to help another get suited up in armor. Once you are armored and armed, I want those vehicle check lists done. Sergeant Dansk and I will be along in a few. Corporals, I want to be doors shut at 0700, so get it done."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice
1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice Total: 11
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe heads to the conference room as told, not being super talkative. When the commanders in the room tell Joe to eat, he quickly grabs a sandwich, a yogurt and a milk. Joe barely takes the time to unpackage the sandwich before eating it in three or four bites, he follows this up with drinking the small milk carton in one long pull. Joe Heads to the trash, and finishes the yogurt pouch before tossing the garbage in the can. Not to bad, beats meat surprise MRE. Joe grabs a cup of coffee before he takes a seat and waits for the commander to tell the group what they'll be doing.

Joe listens with interest when they are told what will be going on. Chance of combat, but definitely will get a chance to practice demolitions. So good deal either way. Joe thinks with a smile. Joe isn't surprised when they're told how little time they have to be ready.

Joe waits to be dismissed and joins the others in heading to the Armory. Joe is quick to help others get suited up, hoping they'll return the favor. When given the chance he goes and helps the Power Armor pilots get suited up. Once Joe is sure the others are ready, he hustles to get loaded into the APC.

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Taking what could be her last opportunity for a shower, Bouchard arrives at breakfast slightly after the others. She grabs whatever food they left for her and wolfs it down quickly before the semi-formal briefing starts. She doesn't relish the idea of a long range patrol. Flaying over the ruins in a SAMAS they were just scenery, but on the ground they were a twisted jungle of mega-steel, alien flora, and threats. If the active threats from the Federation of Magic or rift activity didn't threaten you then passive threats like sink holes, falling debris, or unusual weather would. Old Chicago is a engineering platoon's nightmare. So much stuff to be moved, excavated, and blasted. It is a never ending tasks. On the plus side, at least they would never be bored.

Solene was glad for the extra Mauler. Not only would there be someone to share the load for lifting and tugging but you could never have too many missiles launchers in your squad. Bouchard still has a soft spot for the Mauler, while not as high profile as the SAMAS, it was strong, tough, and loaded for bear. She also felt a little nationalistic pride that it was built in Iron Heart. All the other states relied on Chi-Town for production capacity, but Iron Heart had managed its own industrial base prior to joining the Coalition. Just part of what made them the toughest state in the union.

When it is time to move Bouchard works with Colton to get him geared up in his Mauler first, then gets into her own. Then of course came the dreaded waiting. The Lieutenant made them rush to get here but Bouchard is certain they would be delayed in leaving. Hurry up and wait is an age old military protocol.

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Skill 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Filing into the briefing with the others Lucius helps himself to a sandwich, yogurt, and orange juice. The Lt. made it clear there's a lack of intel at this point so there were no questions he could think of that might actually get an answer.

Moving to the armory he accepts help from Joe, and quickly returns the favor. While Joe helps Colton. Lucius continues to help others before moving on to assist Joe get Bouchard into the Mauler.

After everyone is armored he moves down the squad, doing a final check of each suit and making sure they have their full compliment of issues weapons. Finally, with all of Bear 2 set there's nothing left to do but wait.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 9
1d8 = 8 (8) Ace!
Notice Ace 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)


Logan grabs a sandwich and a milk carton (unless they are all gone in which case he'll take an orange juice). Having realized a few days into his tour there that every meal that didn't come pre-packaged could be his last for a while, so Logan made sure to enjoy the sandwhich and fresh(ish) drink while waiting for the briefing to start and during it. If he feels like the briefing is going to end sooner than he expected, he wolf the rest of his food down and gulp the rest of his drink. When Colton walks in with his hair unchanged, Logan realized he had added the Green Apple Drink Mix to the wrong bottle of hair conditioner. Instead of putting it in the bottle that Colton was using now, he had accidentally put it in his back up botttle. But no worries becaue the way that Colton went through hair product, he'd be cracking into that modified bottle in no time. Keeping a close eye on what can of dip he was using, Logan worried that he had put the ink into a pack that Colton decided not to grab.

Before the briefing was over, Logan raised his hand and asked "Have the buildings been pre-selected or are the combat patrols gong to make the decision in the field as to which buildings are coming down? The reason I am asking is I would like to study any intel we have on the buildings on our way out, style of archetecture, type of materials the buildings are made out of, position of load bearing columns, proximity to other dangers such as old gas lines, toxic sites, etcetera. I'd like to try and plan as much of this out before we get on site if that is possible, which means that don't have to place more charges than we need to which means we can get in and out as quickly as possible.

After the briefing, Logan follows the rest of his unit to the garage when he noticed that the can of dip that Colton had on him today was not the same pack that he had put ink in. Once in the garage, he assisted Colton getting into his suit of power armor, double checking everything. Before going to the next person who needed his help, Logan put a hand on the power armor's shoulder and solemnly said to him "Colton, you watch your ass out there. Just because you're in that suit of power armor makes you harder to hurt, it also makes you a bigger threat and more likely to take enemy fire if it finds us today. Don't try to be big Billy Bad Ass and get yourself killed."

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:48 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
The LT looks to Wright and nods. "We have no such luck, PFC Wright, but it'd be nice. Between faerie and elemental creatures rebuilding ruins, magic users doing the same, and our lack of concrete intel, that sort of information just isn't possible. That's why we've got the extra power armor and infantry support. Let them take the lead after your recon teams. On that note, we'll be bulking up the recon teams with at least one person from the squad. See your Squad leader for assignments."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
Alan enjoys the food on the table, knowing that this doesn't happen often. Sitting there listening to the briefing, enjoying his food and drink. Once the briefing is complete, Alan will hustle to the barracks. At the barracks It's time to suit up and secure the med station. Once all of that is completed, if anyone needs help suiting up Alan will provide any assistance he can. I just hope that if things goes south, we can get rescued. Once everything is secured and everyone is suited up Alan will radio in. "Medic, all equipment and medicine secured and accounted for." Alan will secure himself in assigned seat.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 5
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Jasper hits the briefing room with the rest of the squad, grabs something to eat and drink and listens intently to the LT's words as he eats. -Guess no scouting detail this time seeing that other groups will already have that covered. I'm sure Hunter and me will get enough practice as time moves forward.-
Getting down to the armory, Jasper helps Hunter suit up first. "Should be a walk in the park with all that's moving out with us." Jasper says as he pats Hunter on the shoulder and gives the armor a little tug to make sure its secure. Moving onto getting himself suited up next, Jasper makes sure he is ready before moving onto help whoever else might need a hand first before lending a hand to those getting suited into power armor as well.
-Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.- His grandfather's voice seemed to float up and into his mind as he stood ready for the orders to move out.

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Psi/Smell based perception
Total: 4(6)


Hunter for his part keeps to himself during the briefing as usual. Honestly he's busy packing away what good food he can while he can. Who knew when he'd get to eat this well again? Besides all the humans made the decisions around here so he left them to it. What he does with equal intensity however is check over his gear when the time comes. Everything is 'just so' and in 'just the right place' according to his own feelings on the matter within reason. The only thing he doesn't secure right away is his helmet. That he prefers to leave off though if he gets the sense he might get in trouble for not wearing it he does. Otherwise the rest of the time he keeps it off, but very close at hand at all times. It didn't take an expert to notice that, like the vast majority of other dogboys, he really didn't like wearing the helmet, even if he knew why it was important to. Going to have to keep my eyes and ears sharp out there. So many places for enemy snipers to hide....

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 9
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Ace! 1d8 = 1 (1)


The moment Draper walked into view, Raleigh Ray could feel the electricity in the air. Something real was about to go down! The training wheels were about to come off.

High Command wrote:
Dansk sends Draper and his counterpart ahead with a note (see below) and then gathers Bear Two on her. "We're headed to briefing room 15-1-13-Bravo. Move out."


"Forgot something! Be right there, boss!" Raleigh Ray said as he began to dash back to quarters. He could sense it. Today was going to different! Today called for something stronger than mere Mint. Today called for Bold Flavor dip packs!

As quick as he could, the man raced into his room and was grateful to see a tin of snus packs already pulled out, neetly waiting for him in plain view. "Ha! Lucky day!"

In a flash the tin went into a pocket, and the locked door slammed shut behind him. Off he ran to catch up with the others and get to the meeting on time.

Once there in the staff room, Colton saw the bevy of breakfast beverages and sandwiches on the table. He grabbed one yogurt, one breakfast sandwich, and nothing else. He knew from experience that touching the chocolate milk would be death, touching the milk would be treacherous, and touching the apple juice would only get him in more trouble cleaning more shit. Only undisputed coffee would pass his lips from then on in the mornings, and usually later in the morning at that!

He finished his edibles just in time for the mission briefing to begin.

High Command wrote:
The LT speaks to the assembled platoon. "... I'm authorizing an extra Mauler suit for each platoon. Colton, Jitters, you get the nod for each squad." ... "Once we're in the field, each group will get chopped a couple of skelebots for perimeter patrol." He glances to both controllers with a smile. "Yes boys, you'll get operational control, but only as directed by either squad leader and squad XO."


When the word Mauler was mentioned by the commanding officer, Colton peed himself just a tiny squirt out of excitement. When it was mentioned that he would be getting Skelebots too, then he had to adjust himself in his seat to prevent him from actually wetting his pants out of pure giddy delight and unrestrainable joy.

After he regained his composure, Raleigh Ray was relieved that he hadn't had his morning coffee yet, otherwise this would have been a complete puddle-level event.

Immediately after the briefing, Raleigh Ray went to the power armor bay to get suited up into his kind-of-shiny, somewhat used, only-slightly-smelly-on-the-inside, power armor. He then realized that smell was just a liberal use of disinfectant wipes; nothing he couldn't get used to.

As part of his preparations, Raleigh Ray duct taped a paper coffee cup to the inside chest of the power armor, almost neck high, and then popped in a Bold flavor dip pack. 'Perfect'! He thought to himself. 'Though this spit-cup would work better in a more-roomy Terror Trooper.'

Joe Marshal wrote:
When given the chance he goes and helps the Power Armor pilots get suited up.


Solène Bouchard wrote:
When it is time to move Bouchard works with Colton to get him geared up in his Mauler first, then gets into her own.


As Bouchard and Joe came over to help, Raleigh Ray was grateful for the unbidden helping hands. "Thank you." he said to them both, as they seated him, tightened his belts, adjusted his straps, and sealed the fighting infantry power armor up. "Let's get some! ... Some building knocked flat. Fuck it, this is still exciting! Hoo Ah!!"

With the Mauler locked tight, Raleigh Ray began to run his checklist, making sure all systems were running with nominal operating parameters. It was then Wright came over to help with the checklist.

Logan Wright wrote:
Once in the garage, he assisted Colton getting into his suit of power armor, double checking everything. Before going to the next person who needed his help, Logan put a hand on the power armor's shoulder and solemnly said to him "Colton, you watch your ass out there. Just because you're in that suit of power armor makes you harder to hurt, it also makes you a bigger threat and more likely to take enemy fire if it finds us today. Don't try to be big Billy Bad Ass and get yourself killed."


"Ya know, I had a dog named Boo-Boo Badass. Toughest dog there ever was... though he did have a completely incontinent colon. Kind of a double entendre thing goin' on with his name there... Anyhoo, don't you worry about me. I'll be walkin' around with my two Skelebot meat-shields! If a situation looks too dire, I'll, Kamikaze those two little metal doof-heads so fast, it'll make Mr. Demon's head spin... Well, spin even more than normal."

He then opened up his helmet and looked Wright square in the eye, his bottom lip getting a little bit of a quiver with emotion. "Now don't you die on me out there. You're a good man, despite the stick up your ass and all the weird noises you make. I can always trust you to have my back. ... I trust you, Wright." To save manly face, Raleigh Ray closed up the Mauler's helmet again and gave Wright a trembling thumbs up. "I tust you more than this Bold flavor dip today. ... What the fuck is up with this dog-ass flavor?"

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Jasper Maddocs wrote:
"Should be a walk in the park with all that's moving out with us."

His helmet secured in place Lucius shakes the grinning skull. "No such thing as a walk in the park. The best efforts to pre sweep an area can fail against a committed enemy. That's not even factoring in magic or other garbage tricks the enemy uses. Be calm and confident, but never cocky. Never forget how serious an assignment can get every time we walk out of these walls."

Staying off the radio his voice is tinny and a little flat coming through the suit speakers. "No idea if there's time for it, but anyone have any last minute requests for gear?"

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 0745; It is light.
Temp: 71 degrees, F but warming up.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: The battle takes place on a ley line.
Location: The Ambush site; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

The crew all loads up and is ready to roll by 0700. Both APCs, the jeep, and both hovercycles are backed out and the doors are coming down by then. From there they drive through base and to Bridgehead. The EPC hasn't gone a quarter of klick before the contents of spit cup (thankfully a small amount) has been dumped onto Colton. He decides to swallow the rest, for it's better than wearing it. He's also considering stripping it out by the time they reach their first destination. From there they join up with six Mark V APCs (3 platoons), their escort vehicles (4 hovercycles each), two four robot UAR-1 Enforcer platoons, and a platoon of 32 SAMAS. Dansk and the LT briefly dismount at this point to confer with the platoon commanders and XOs.

When Dansk gets back, she pulls the squad out of the APC and addresses Marshal. "Private First Class, I want you to hop into the back of that hover jeep and take command of that element. When we arrive I'll give you three your marching orders. There is a C-29 in the cabinets, grab it as a heavy weapon." She turns to Jasper and Hunter. "While in Transit, Hunter you're on the rail gun. When we reach the location, dismount, and Marshal you bring that C-29. SOP will be Hunter lead, Maddocs trail, with Marshall as your meaty center. You will recon the buildings first. I don't care what the infantry scouts say about the status of the buildings, we don't move until you clear it. If we run into an ambush situation, you guys will provide harassment and cover so the column may advance. You'll be supported by the SAMAS platoon."

She addresses the squad in full now. "The 118th Engineering Company is already on site with heavy road building equipment and will be assisting us with the heavy lifting and clearing, but they've taken casualties and artillery and demo clearing hasn't removed the danger. That's why we're going. If we find a monster hole, we'll hold the entrance and let the infantry do their job. If they locate a priority demo target, that's on us. A month ago this area was clear. Something moved in. Also, we're searching for bodies. Not all of the 118th's casualties have been recovered. I don't have any other information, this is all intel that platoon of SAMAS just obtained and brought back. There's a squad of SAMAS providing security for the 118th right now, but we're relieving them."

About that time a truck pulls up with a large heavy duty boxed utility trailer behind it. It pulls up behind their vehicle, and another pulls up behind Bear One's EPC. Dansk looks over, and directs Colton and Wright to hook it up. "We're hauling these to the site. It's command tents, mess gear, and barracks tents in case this turns into a multi-day op like we think it will. We get to set them up while the grunts start their sweep and clear."

Everyone loads back up after the trailers are attached, and they move out. It's 20 minutes later when they pull off the Old Chicago Highway onto the Waukegan Highway, and five minutes later when they pull off that only Kashbrook Road. The scouting elements have made it down the road, as have the UAR-1s when the lead Mark V is struck by a missile volley! Two wheels are blown to bits and something is wrong with the steering, which causes it to skid out of control and end up blocking most of the road. Its occupants spill out as two of the other APCs move through, followed by Bear 1. There's some radio traffic as three other Mark Vs pull up to stop. They they all hear Dansk over the squad radio net. "Alright Bear 2, time to punch the donuts. We've got attackers on both sides. Maulers dismount and pursue targets together. Armor elements from the infantry are doing the same. Marshal, take your crew and skirmish the enemy with the Maulers. Stay on the highway! Everyone else, grab a gun port and open fire. Take out any target you see. Draper, you shoot, I'll drive! Save the missiles for when you have excellent targeting."

Let's use the quick combat rules and knock this out quick.
Quick Combat Rules:
No cards are dealt in Quick Combat. Instead, the Game Master sets the scene, then each player chooses the primary skill he wants to use and how he plans to use it. The skill should generally be a combat ability such as Fighting, Shooting, Spellcasting, or the like, but anything is allowed that makes sense and fits the action described. Each player then rolls the chosen skill and adds or subtracts the following cumulative modifiers:
Force Make-up Modifiers: Neither side has a sufficient numerical or firepower superiority
Tactical situation: The Coalition forces are pinned down on the open terrain of a highway, and must defend an injured vehicle while it undergoes emergency repairs. All PC rolls are at -2.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Hunter gave a firm nod in response to being told to man the Railgun at the back of the hovercraft. He actually rather liked that since it was even better than sticking your head out the window! Of course the downside was, for now he was keeping his helmet on. Uncomfortable as it was, he knew this time they were going in to what they had been told in advance was a really 'hot' area. That meant he expected trouble, though he still found it annoying. The helmet interfered with his ability to smell things for starters, and that had a significant impact on his ability to detect potential warning scents. Then again, at least while zooming around in the hovercraft, he wouldn't be able to smell much of use in time anyway, and he knew it was better to keep his head in one piece if something happened. Being in the cupola meant he was an exposed (and thus relatively easy) target, since not all of him would be covered by armoured glass and walls. He knew if he was going to ambush anyone on a convoy one of his primary targets would be anyone sticking their heads up out of hatches and the like. So he just assumed any enemy snipers would do the same.

The long trip without incident did have him let his guard down a little bit, but with the APC in the lead he had no time to spot the ambush before it hit. As soon as he hears the scream of the missiles though his attention was back up. He wasn't really sure what he'd heard though, he'd seen a little combat here and there but nothing serious of course. Not quite sure what to do he called out the rather obvious "Contact!" to the others in the jeep even as he eyed around for targets to open fire on. As soon as he did he swung the mounted heavy weapon around and opened fire without hesitation. He'd been given orders and he was all too happy to comply with them. The hum of the powerful electromagnets charging up as he started firing was quickly drowned out by the sharp 'crack crack crack' of the railgun rounds firing off as fast as he could find targets to shoot at.

The others in the Jeep could possibly even hear him letting out a sort of rather odd sound, his version of 'evil laughter' as he finally had live targets to kill. HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Your mine you bastards!

OOC Comments
Primary Skill:
Shooting: 1d10 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Penalty: -2
Extra Effort (-1 Bennie) 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 9

Secondary Skill (If applicable)
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d8 = 8 (8) (NOTE: Ooops, made it D8. I'll re-roll)
Wild Die Re-roll (Proper die code this time!): 1d6 = 1 (1)
Penalty: -2
Total: 1

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Last edited by Hunter on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 5, Shooting 11
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Shooting: 1d8-2 = -1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 2: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe is surprised when he's given command of the team in the Hovercar, and chuckles to himself when the sergeant gives him orders to use the C-29. "I'm not rated for that Ma'am." (Not strong enough to use it.) "I have grenades that will do pretty much the same thing though." Joe continues with. Either she'll laugh or she'll kill me. Joe thinks while keeping what could be considered a neutral stance.

As the team moves along, Joe speaks up. "Keep your heads on a swivel boys. Never know whats gonna pop up." Almost on queue, the group is ambushed. "Me and my big mouth." Joe makes a quick look around at the situation. Out in the open and surrounded, not good. We're heavily armed and armored though so we got that going for us. "Pull up towards the southern building." Joe says as he unslings his C-16 and switches the the clip to the 18.5mm grenade rounds. "Gonna get messy boys." Joe says as he fires a grenade round towards the roof of the ancient clinic. Best case I hit one, worst case I level the roof... so not to bad either way.

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)

K Battle 12
K/Battle +2,-2 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild +2,-2 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

-1 Bennies

Draper rides along in silence pouring over the available, though outdated, maps and the recon reports from the other elements of their force. He isn’t some mutant psi, so he couldn’t have said exactly when the attack was coming but when it hit a part of his mind took grim satisfaction in noting it was in a spot he’d flagged. When Dansk calls out her orders he snaps open his harness and grabs his rifle, ”Aye Sergeant.” He respond while grabbing control of the APC mounted lasers and strafing targets. With the sensor and targeting data streaming to his console the chaos begins fall into place in his mind, like pieces of a puzzle. He suddenly realizes the damaged MkV’s flank, and worse the repair crew were still partially exposed. He looks over the area, seeing a low wall and rubble pile blocking the path they'd need to drive. Switching the controls to missiles, he fires one into the base of the wall. The high explosive warhead detonates on impact, sending the debris into shredded chaff and blasting a section of the wall into dust. ”Sergeant! The wall at one o’clock. If that missile team repositions those guys are toast. Put us in between them, if we can’t flush them out we can at least take the shot.” Bringing the laser controls up again he begins to return fire, sending blasts at any targets and watching for any changes in the flow of the battle.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.



Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Take cover.

The first rule of infantry as far as Bouchard is concerned. While her Mailer affords her excellent armor protection it is still unwise to tempt fate, or an enemy sniper. Moving into plasma range and taking up a position behind some rubble she sites in on the targets.

The plasma weapon is an excellent choice for clearing out light to medium armoured threats. If whatever it is proves to have tough skin, then her rail gun or missiles will be needed.

”In position, call targets."

Shooting 11
Shooting 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
extra effort: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)
total: 13-2 =11

-1 bennies

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4-2 = 0 (2) wild: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Alan takes his rifle, and looks out his port hole. This is my time, people are hurt and they need me to save them. Alan takes shots at his targets hoping to be able to rescue those in need. "What is the status of the injured? Do they need immediate assistance?" Alan asks with a sense of hope, and anticipation of being useful.

OOC Comments
Shooting: 1d4-2 = 1 (3) Wild: 1d6-2 = -1 (1)


Alan is not able to see any enemy targets to shoot at, his sense of usefulness is diminishing once again. This sucks. No targets, don't know if i'm even needed.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 3 or 5 for Vision based Notice checks
1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)


Common Knowledge 3
1d8-2 = 2 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


On the drive there, Logan is making small talk with anyone in the APC with him. "Did you guys catch last night's Battle 'Borg BMX race? I thought for sure that Big Bad Billy West was gong to win, but when Laser Suit Larry managed to get his Vibro-Sword in the spokes of the Billy's front wheel, it was all over. And that Kick Flip to the head that Tough Tony Gunderson took knocked his cybernetic eye out of his head clear into the front row seats in the Iron Dome, Holy Cow!" Logan exclaims.

When the ambush starts, Logan calls out to Dansk "Can I get some focused fire on the structural supports that I target? Let's collapse the building from under the feet of the ambushers!

Knowledge Engineering 10
1d8-2 = 5 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)

-1 Bennie Extra Effort 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Elan = 5


Logan places eight shots dead onto the structural supports on two adjacent buildings, then watches as focused fire from several sources follows his shots, making quick work of the structural supports, causing the front of the building to collapse and crushing the ambushers that were on top of those buildings.

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:05 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 12
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Ace: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Total = 12
Jasper nods in understanding of the orders as Dansk gives them, and takes up position in the drivers seat of the Jeep as the convoy moves out.

Jasper is driving the Jeep behind the APC when the excrement contacts the oscillating blades. -Jesus, are they fucking stupid attacking a convoy like this? They have to know it won't end well for them.- When Joe gives the order to move towards the southern building Jasper complies as he speaks, "Roger that." Keeping an eye on the Maulers and the wounded APC Jasper keeps the Jeep moving while psionicly stunning large groups of enemies when the opportunity shows itself, especially if they are carrying heavy weapons.

Drive - 6 -- Psi - 5
Drive: 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)
+1 Jeep Bonus
Total = 6

Psionic: 1d10 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
-2
Total = 5

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls -- Notice 11 -- Repair 21 -- Shooting 3
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Primary Action
Repair: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Ace: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
2nd Ace: 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Penalty: -2
Total: 21 (four raises!)

Secondary Action
Shooting: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort (-1 bennie): 1d6 = 1 (1)


As the ill-tempered malfunctioning spit cup had its contents dribble on his chin and down his chest, Raleigh Ray contemplated a possible better design for his next spit cup. Perhaps one with a sponge integrated into the bottom that can help absorb the fluids so they don't splash around.

Then all of a sudden, the shit hit the fan! The missiles ripped into the lead APC, and Raleigh Ray didn't need to have any special training to understand they were just now trapped in a kill box. As long as that damaged Mk V was out of commission and unable to steer its way off or down the road, they were stuck right there in the middle of Enemy Fire Central.

He heard his orders from Dansk loud and clear; that he was to get out with the other Mauler and lay down heavy fire on the enemy and stay on the highway. Though he was filled with jitters, butterflies, and a nervous colon that warned that shit like a police battering ram in a drug raid, he maned up, swallowed hard and went into combat.

While obeying orders to the best of his ability, Raleigh Ray made his way to the front of the Convoy where he could take a quick look at the broken steering mechanism clearly exposed thanks to the explosion that removed the front wheels. Of course there were others already working on the problem, but his mechanically honed eye got straight to the matter.

"It's the secondary suspension strut! It's pinching off that hydraulic actuator! Yank that shit out of there!" he productively pointed out, hoping to expediate the matter and get his ass out of this terrible place as fast as humanly possible.

Lacking his tools to help the crew further, which were still back in the EPC, Raleigh Ray found quick cover near Bouchard and followed her lead, blasting the enemy to the best of his ability. Whatever she did, he was right there with her every step of the way from then on.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 0845; It is light.
Temp: 71 degrees, F but warming up.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

With the combined fire from Hunter and Joe, plus Jasper's driving and the use of his stunning ability, the jeep is able to take down the building on the right, combined with supporting fire from a little over half the Maulers. The Mark IX, with Logan's direction, Lucius' shooting, and supporting fire from Solene take down the building on the left. Colton, unable to hit the broadside of a barn, decides instead to do the one thing he can well - fix things. He runs and acts as a mobile lift. He directs the men working on what to do, and by the time the combined forces have leveled the buildings, he has the gotten the APC fixed, and they begin loading it. They don't bother waiting for follow up, and instead call for a long range missile strike on the buildings. Within minutes, hot plasma, horrendous fragmentation explosives, and pure kinetic force flatten the area around the highway. Due to precision lasing, they manage not to have their blast radii compromise the highway itself, though the APCs are peppered with bits of flaming rock and metal. The force moves on, the convoy largely unhurt beyond the missing two wheels of the lead APC.

The team gets to the site and begins setting up the command post while the infantry fan out to begin searching. The vehicle crews begin working on buttoning up any further damage to the Mark V that was damaged, and then come to help finish setting up the command post and the barracks tents. The searches are slow and plodding, but so is the process of setting up the field command post that will support them during the next few days. With the vehicle crews joining in, Bear two focuses on communal facilities - bathrooms, the mess tent, the attached kitchen (built into the trailer that had held everything else). Once everything is together and the command post is set up, the vehicle crews begin unpacking the kitchen and preparing MREs for lunch. Dansk volunteers Bear Two to help, specifically putting Colton in charge of making the MREs not taste like ass. "Time to shine Colton. Don't fuck it up." Colton had fixed the crew several meals while on patrols, and had about a 50/50 rate. The more wild he got, the less everyone liked it. Thankfully the spice cabinet in the Mark IX wasn't hurt at all. He pulls the sealed case out and heads to the kitchen trailer.

GM Notes
Cover from the post time (time of arrival) to 1 PM. The crews and Bear Two will serve the infantry platoons lunch. Colton you can make a Common Knowledge check to determine your cooking. Don't forget the Extra effort and Benny reroll rules if you don't like your roll. Also there's the auto Ace EP option if you're so inclined. At 1 PM the servers will all eat. Thankfully clean up will be handled by a rotating infantry squad, but they won't stop you from pitching in. Next GM post will pick up from the end of you guys eating and things getting cleaned up. Dansk will be eating with the infantry leadership, not helping you guys - working lunch. Feel free to reply to each other as much as possible. I'd love to see two replies from each of you, one during the early morning set up, and one during meal prep and serving. And not back to back. But one is all you NEED.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 1 (1) Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Alan is glad to see the building dropped, but disappointing he really didn't help out. Seeing Colton get out there to help with the repairs makes Alan jealous and pissed off at himself. Once at the set up site, Alan will set up the triage unit and ensure it is operational. At least that is set up. It's going to get use this mission. Alan was hoping that the search teams would have found something early, but it does not pan out. Knowing the Army doesn't like soldiers sitting around doing nothing. Alan will pitch in to help with setting up the other facilities.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice
1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)


As the dust settles, Logan sees the result of his instructions and sighs contently to himself. As he turns back around in his seat, he notices that Klinger is looking a bit off, but with the excitement of everything going on at the moment, he doesn't have a chance to privately talk to him at the moment. Once they dismount to begin setting up the command post, he sees that Klinger is working on the medical stuff, which doesn't surprise him much, so he decides to help him with that to also give him an opportunity talk privately.

"Hey Klinger, what's got you down? It's not the ambush was it? You know there was little we could do to avoid it, right? We're the first friendly forces in the area for a long time by the sounds of it, so it's not like we even had good intel to go off of. We got lucky out there that no one got injured, but if someone had been injured, we still would have been luck because we have you with us." Logan reassured his brother in arms.

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 15
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Parking the Jeep next to the APC as they finally get to their destination, Jasper hops out and gets a little stretch in before pulling out a smoke and lighting it up. "Stupid Dbees got what they deserved, even with surprise and superior ground they couldn't do much. They should just go back to where they came from." He finishes his smoke as they get things unpacked from the APC and starts helping set everything up.

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
During a brief break of putting up tent, Logan and Klinger are sitting next to each other.

Logan Wright wrote:

"Hey Klinger, what's got you down? It's not the ambush was it? You know there was little we could do to avoid it, right? We're the first friendly forces in the area for a long time by the sounds of it, so it's not like we even had good intel to go off of. We got lucky out there that no one got injured, but if someone had been injured, we still would have been luck because we have you with us."


"It's not so much the ambush, hell we were expecting one. It's that I was as useless to the fight as a tit on a bull. Casanova went out in the fight and guided the repairs. I sat there in the Mark 9 not doing a dam thing."

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Privacy is a funny thing in close quarters. Sometimes you just don't have it, even when you think you do. Dansk scoffs looking over at Klinger. "You're trying to put a square peg in a round hole. You were stuck in the Mark IX like the rest of us, with a 4 inch firing port. I'm surprised any of you hit anything. Hell, Wright's good eye did more than any of his shooting. Don't let that get you down. There are three medics in the entire unit. One per platoon. One of the reasons we have one per squad is because we're split up like this. We end up handling casevac and anything more than simple bandage and RMK application. Your time will come, have no doubt of that. Sadly for all of us. It'd be a damn fine tour for me to have a bored off his ass medic. Means less casualty reports and letters to dead soldier families." She tosses him his refilled canteen, as well as to each of the others. She'd been refilling them for everyone while they worked. "Don't sweat it." This last sounded less like an order and more like motherly advice, coming from a woman barely older than he is.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 5
1d8 = 5 (5)
1d6 = 2 (2)


As they make camp Solene uses the Mauler to move materials and help create defensive fortifications. Digging, lifting, and moving came second nature to her. While it is far from glorious the work is reward. At the end you can see what you built completed and done. When given the all clear she dismounts and joins the others for downtime and chow, piling her plate high - as usual.

"We made it to dinner time. I heard that's better than most newbies. Should we start a pool on who will make it through the night?"

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:46 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Joe is proud of their work and is riding the high when the orders come down to set up base camp. So much for being happy. Joe joins the others in setting up the command tents and the mobile kitchen. It's easy work, just time consuming. Joe doesn't mind, at least he doesn't have to cook like Colton. Poor Bastard Joe even goes so far to ask for more tasks when he completes his current ones. Might as well keep busy.

When Lunch time comes around, Joe tries to be encouraging of Colton's cooking, even if it's awful. Joe is his usual quiet self, save for one comment. "Not too bad Colton."

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Total: 12


Hunter couldn't possibly be in a better mood at the moment. He'd gotten to kill some of the enemies of the Coalition States, helped out his unit, and had a delightful time shooting people. Thus, the dog boy was clearly in a chipper mood as he set about helping set up base camp, cooking, cleaning, or doing any of the other tasks he was required (Or allowed) to do. Cooking of course was technically not likely to be one of the things, since no one liked dog hair in their food (At least humans anyway). That didn't mean he couldn't peel potatoes or the like though. Regardless of the tasks assigned to him he went about them happy as a clam, so the saying goes.

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 5 -- Cooking 7
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Cooking (Common Knowledge): 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)


The moment they come to a stop and begin to make camp Raleigh Ray got out of his Mauler PA and immediately began to clean up the mess inside as best he could. All that spit was terrible, and for some inexplicable reason it was black and inky! "Gad'dern! What a mess!" he said to himself as he scrubbed and mopped with the first rag or scrap of fabric he could find. It was then he caught a faint reflection of himself in one of the lower windows of one of the APCs, noticing that his bottom lip and chin were covered in the same inky black mess. "Gad'dern!! Those Bold flavor dip packs are, like, way too bold today!" He then retrieved the contaminated tin of Bold Flavor Snus from his pocket and pitched it into the ruins of the dead city. Fortunately he still had the original tin he grabbed on his way out the door to tide him over.

Just as he turned his quickie cleaning efforts to his own face, Raleigh Ray heard the sergeant calling out his name.

High Command wrote:
Dansk volunteers Bear Two to help, specifically putting Colton in charge of making the MREs not taste like ass. "Time to shine Colton. Don't fuck it up." Colton had fixed the crew several meals while on patrols, and had about a 50/50 rate. The more wild he got, the less everyone liked it. Thankfully the spice cabinet in the Mark IX wasn't hurt at all. He pulls the sealed case out and heads to the kitchen trailer.


"On it, boss!" he happily replied. Access to the mobile kitchen EPC would grant him access to better towels and water, both of which he was in desperate need of just then. While water was in good supply, best he could find were pre-packaged moistened towelettes. With a shrug, he made due and stashed a few in his pockets for later cleaning in the Mauler.

Having cleaned up and made himself ready to handle food, or at least as much as he'd need to fixing MREs, Raleigh Ray started pulling out enough of the rations to feed Bear Two. Having learned a decent amount about their individual preferences, he looked for the meals he was reasonable sure each teammate would actually like.

Hunter wrote:
...the dog boy was clearly in a chipper mood as he set about helping set up base camp, cooking, cleaning, or doing any of the other tasks he was required (Or allowed) to do. Cooking of course was technically not likely to be one of the things, since no one liked dog hair in their food (At least humans anyway).


Seeing the lovable dog looking to be useful, Raleigh Ray waved him over. "Hey, Hunter, looks like you need somethin' to do to stay busy 'fore someone ask you to dig a hole for the shitter." He then handed the dog a combat knife with one hand and a moist towelette with the other. "You get to be my sous-chef de cuisine." As the words exited his mouth, the Ozark boy put on his best Quebecois/French accent, which of course was terribly butchered. "Your job is simple. When I point to an MRE, you open it and slice open the tops of the bags inside. Then hand them to me one at a time when I"m ready. Got it?"

With the help of the Hunter (assuming he is amicable to this job), Raleigh Ray got to work prepping each of the MRE's individual bags, using a slotted grill to hold the bags upright without spilling so he could add the proscribed amount of water to each and let them heat via chemical reaction inside. And with each, as they warmed in their bags, he went to the spice rack to add a zest of this and a dash of that, hoping he got each just right. Once each warmed just right, Raleigh Ray pulled out a stack of plastic lunch trays and loaded each appropriately for their intended eaters.

The question was, did he do them just right and did he actually remember who liked what, or was it another day of the taste of ass? With the clock reaching lunch time, he was about to find out.

Joe Marshal wrote:
When Lunch time comes around, Joe tries to be encouraging of Colton's cooking, even if it's awful. Joe is his usual quiet self, save for one comment. "Not too bad Colton."


Raleigh Ray gave cool, confident nod in reply. "I know."

What he knew was, while not exceptional, his efforts were reasonably good. And that was good enough for now. He then turned to his sous-chef and gave him the same cool, confident not. "Good job, Hunter. Now eat up."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:36 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

The ambush had been fast and brutal with the Coalition forces adjusting to the threat and prevailing through a combination of better training and equipment. Despite bringing the MkV up to shield the damaged mate Lucius still felt considerably safer than the last time he was in a vehicle getting shot at. He does not get the feeling that will continue to be the case.

They begin the process of digging in and Lucius pitches in, his artificial legs and back easing what is usually a long strenuous task. He overhears Klinger’s lamenting, but Dansk nips it in the bud before he can find a moment. Just as well, as it was the kind of advice that would ring more true coming from someone with more experience.

Solène Bouchard wrote:
"We made it to dinner time. I heard that's better than most newbies. Should we start a pool on who will make it through the night?"

He shakes his head at this suggestion. ”We did well out there, that’s for sure. But I don’t want a dead pool started. We don’t need morbid fascination with your buddies dying to get us through the day. It might seem good fun, but what’s that really say to your brother who ends up on the bottom?”

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 1 (1) Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)


Quote:
Privacy is a funny thing in close quarters. Sometimes you just don't have it, even when you think you do. Dansk scoffs looking over at Klinger. "You're trying to put a square peg in a round hole. You were stuck in the Mark IX like the rest of us, with a 4 inch firing port. I'm surprised any of you hit anything. Hell, Wright's good eye did more than any of his shooting. Don't let that get you down. There are three medics in the entire unit. One per platoon. One of the reasons we have one per squad is because we're split up like this. We end up handling casevac and anything more than simple bandage and RMK application. Your time will come, have no doubt of that. Sadly for all of us. It'd be a damn fine tour for me to have a bored off his ass medic. Means less casualty reports and letters to dead soldier families." She tosses him his refilled canteen, as well as to each of the others. She'd been refilling them for everyone while they worked. "Don't sweat it." This last sounded less like an order and more like motherly advice, coming from a woman barely older than he is.


Klinger looks up to Sgt. Dansk. "Thanks Sargent." Klinger eats the lunch provided. "Hey Casanova, it's not bad at all. Good job." The lunch is nice to eat at this time, but Klinger can't stop thinking about why they are here. People need to be rescued and we are here eating lunch. Overhearing about a pool to see who buys it, What the hell? Daper stops it rather quickly. Thank the Emperor.

Klinger will approach Daper, "Hey, Daper. Thanks for stopping that talk about a pool. I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen."

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
After trying to reassure Klinger and getting back up from Sgt. Dansk, Logan and Klinger finish their work in relative silence. Once lunch was ready, Logan manned the Electrolyte Drink machine trying to ensure that the chunks are not too large.

Common Knowledge
1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)


When Solene talks about starting a betting pool about who gets killed first, Logan thinks That's a horrifying idea! But that does give me an idea... "Other than the whole betting on death and harm to another human, that's not a half bad idea I think. I think we should start a betting pool, but with the following stipulations; that whatever we bet on can not be the pain, suffering, or death of another person, and not just physical either, mental and emotional as well. What do you guys think?" Logan asks the rest of Bear 2

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Alan Klinger wrote:
Klinger will approach Draper, "Hey, Draper. Thanks for stopping that talk about a pool. I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen."


Pausing between bites of Colton’s food Lucius nods slightly, and answers quietly. ”I appreciate that, I’d expect nothing else and I’ll be doing the same. But I need you to be clear on one thing, we’re going to fail. Give us a long enough timeline and it’s almost guaranteed. That happens, you can’t sit and question or doubt, because there could very well be another of us needing help right away. We can do everything right, and sometimes, the world might just take a shit on us anyway. Only thing we can do is push through it.” He places his hand on the doctor’s shoulder, ”I’m not trying to screw with you, or be cruel but we need to make sure we’re all prepared. You possibly more than anyone.”

Logan Wright wrote:
"Other than the whole betting on death and harm to another human, that's not a half bad idea I think. I think we should start a betting pool, but with the following stipulations; that whatever we bet on can not be the pain, suffering, or death of another person, and not just physical either, mental and emotional as well. What do you guys think?" Logan asks the rest of Bear 2


”I like it. You have something specific in mind? Because far as I can tell, that rules out almost all the traditional stuff. Even if I am the one who crossed death off the list.”

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
After the last member of Bear w was served up their spiced-up serving of MRE lunch, Colton handed over a prepared lunch tray to Hunter, and then grabbed the last one for himself. While not his best work, he was reasonably pleased that the food came out above average than a standard MRE, nobody puked out their lunch violently, and nobody died of botulism. Though not necessarily a high bar to set or meet, it suited his needs and ego just fine.

Raleigh Ray took his time consuming his lunch, while at the same time listening to the others discuss the possibilities of making a deadpool.

Lucius Draper wrote:
Logan Wright wrote:
"Other than the whole betting on death and harm to another human, that's not a half bad idea I think. I think we should start a betting pool, but with the following stipulations; that whatever we bet on can not be the pain, suffering, or death of another person, and not just physical either, mental and emotional as well. What do you guys think?" Logan asks the rest of Bear 2


”I like it. You have something specific in mind? Because far as I can tell, that rules out almost all the traditional stuff. Even if I am the one who crossed death off the list.”


At that point in time Raleigh Ray swallowed his last bite of lunch, clearing his mouth to speak and put in his two cents on the subject.

"What we could do is have everyone pitch in a hundred or so credits into a pool, and designat it as the budget for a victory party. If everybody comes back, everybody gets to have a slice of the pie. For everyone who doesn't make it back, that just makes the party that much more fancy for the people who do. Kind of makes it a win-win bet for everybody, and no one is betting on the death of their brother or sister of the Skull out here... Though if some one does bite it, that just means the rest of us get to buy party booze from a little bit higher on the shelf to toast our fallen comrades and party the night away."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:10 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Dansk gives a rare smile. "We'll have some downtime after all this. That sounds like an excellent idea. A RTB celebration. I'll boost it another 100 per platoon we're escorting that comes in about 75% strength, 150 if it's at 90%."

RTB = Return to Base

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Lucius smiles right along with Dansk. "Sounds likes great idea Colton. I'll pony up a double share. If we can manage to get proper leave and get to Chi-Town I'll secure us a location too. Either way, it'll be an event worth fighting through hell to get to."

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1445; It is light.
Temp: 77 degrees.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing
+1 Benny to Maddocs for assistance

The group finishes lunch, cleaning, and setting up, and the crews get out to continue their sweep. It's later in the afternoon when they are told to go scout the building for places to set charges. Dansk gives the marching orders. "Alright, we're going to sweep this building ourselves, then we'll set our point of demo. Draper, you'll take Casanova, Wright, and Hunter and survey the east side of the building. Marshall, you'll take Bouchard, Klinger, and Maddocs and survey the right side of the building. Work floor by floor and get me eight points we can set charges on for maximum implosion. I want a clean internal fall, so it's going to need to be a few up high as well. I'll be on comms, but keep comm chatter to a minimum."

GM Notes
Each team needs to generate 6 successes on Knowledge (Demolitions), Knowledge (Electronics; for sensors), Knowledge (Engineering), and any skill you can think might apply. Each person may make one roll. If you prefer you can assist instead of making a roll yourself. Every success and raise will add +1 to someone else's roll. This is especially a good idea if all you have that you can roll is Common Knowledge due to your demo training. Each psychic should also roll their Psionics skill as well, as well as all characters rolling Notice.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 11
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Acknowledging Dansk's order, Jasper lines up with his assigned crew and readies his pistol just in case. -Time to shine, this is what I signed up for.-
Entering the building and moving to sweep the right side, Jasper keeps his eyes and senses peeled for dangers. Since he has no idea about how to implode a building, he does his best to assist Marshall in whatever way he can to get the job done. "Just tell me what you need me to do."

Psi - 6 K-Elec - 3
Psionics: 1d10 = 6 (6)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Knowledge (Electronics): 1d4 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
After lunch, Klinger falls in formation with the team and listens to the afternoon orders. This should be interesting. Finally getting to demo a building. Once inside the building, Klinger grabs a sensor. This I can do. This takes me back to my computer building days. Klinger sets the sensor equipment for demolition mode and scans the building. The equipment is cutting in and out, static is running across the screen. "Well shit." Alan powers the device off and on, hits it a few times. The sensor comes back online with a clear image and Klinger is able to get good readings this time. "Okay, I got the sensor working again. It looks like there are some load bearing pillars up ahead." Klinger will mark them on the map to share with the team.

OOC Comments
Kn: Electronics 1d10 = 1 (1) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2) Spending a bennie to reroll. Kn: Electronics 1d10 = 5 (5) Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3) benny spent roll: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


Shaking her head at Klinger's goofy behaviour Bouchard smiles under her armoured helmet. I wish my American was better. He needs a nickname. Captain Awkward or something. Shrugging she turns to the work at hand. Trudging through the ruins of an old building carries a lot of similarities to mine tunnels. Stress points buldge and build up as tons of weight press down on them. The right bump in the right place and the whole thing can collapse down. Although in the mining business causing a collapse on purpose is unheard of. Working her sensors and scanners she listens out for Marshall's orders.

"Let me know what you need boss."

K Electronics
Knowledge/Electronics Critical Fail 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)
TD 1d6 = 2 (2)


    From the GM: so -1 to all sensor based checks due to sensor flutter: Notice, shooting, K/Electronics, etc

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:54 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 5
1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


Common Knowledge 5
1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


"Hey Colton, that lunch sure was pretty tasty!" Logan said with praise of his teammate's cooking skills. Of course since there was no hydraulic fluid or Nitroglycerine in it, it tasted great.

Upon orders to fall into formation of two teams to demo some buildings, Logan fell in where instructed to. As they advanced through the building, Logan would knock on the walls trying to determine where the spaces between studs were, and therefore where load bearing beams were as the were going to be larger than normal studs.

Knowledge Engineering 13
1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
-1 Bennie Extra Effort 1d6+9 = 13 (4)
+7 for Original Roll
+2 for Elan

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Dice Rolls
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die (Notice): 1d6 = 3 (3)
Notice Total: 5
K/Demolitions: 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die (K/Demolitions): 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 2 (2)
K/Demolition Total: 5
K/Engineering: 1d4 = 4 (4)
Wild Die (K/Engineering): 1d6 = 2 (2)
K/Engineering Total: 4
K/Electronics: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die (K/Electronics): 1d6 = 4 (4)
K/Electronics Total: 4
Investigation: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Wild Die (Investigation): 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Investigation Total: 7


High Command wrote:
"Alright, we're going to sweep this building ourselves, then we'll set our point of demo. Draper, you'll take Casanova, Wright, and Hunter and survey the east side of the building. Marshall, you'll take Bouchard, Klinger, and Maddocs and survey the right side of the building. Work floor by floor and get me eight points we can set charges on for maximum implosion. I want a clean internal fall, so it's going to need to be a few up high as well. I'll be on comms, but keep comm chatter to a minimum."


Joe smirks at being put in charge of a fire team. It's a start. "Allright ladies you heard the boss, lets get a move out and get this building rigged to go. I'll take point, Klinger take the rear. Lets move." Joe shoulders his rifle and begins moving into the building and moves to the right side of the entrance. Those watching can clearly see this is Joe's bag. He quickly and efficiently moves to clear out rooms, while eyeing the super structure for probable explosive points. When needed hhe asks Bouchard to put a hole in the wall with her mauler, so he can look into the space between. Nice to see some action."

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Last edited by Joe Marshal on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 5 -- K-Engineering 4 -- K-Electronics 4 -- Demolitions 4
Notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)

Knowledge Engineering 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)

Knowledge Electronics 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
(Benny) Extra Effort 1d6 = 1 (1)

Demolitions (Common Knowledge) ~ Assisting Wright 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)



Logan Wright wrote:
"Hey Colton, that lunch sure was pretty tasty!" Logan said with praise of his teammate's cooking skills. Of course since there was no hydraulic fluid or Nitroglycerine in it, it tasted great.


"Why thank you, good sir! It was rather good this time around." Raleigh Ray replied without a hint of modesty, but then added. "But just as much credit goes to my sous-chef, Hunter."

Without missing a beat, Raleigh Ray went back to the kitchenette area and began cleaning up, getting it ready for the next meal he'd be preparing. After all, a messy kitchen yields poor results, or so his Mama always told him when he was a boy. By the time he was done, it was time to get back to his real day job; blowing shit up!

High Command wrote:
The group finishes lunch, cleaning, and setting up, and the crews get out to continue their sweep. It's later in the afternoon when they are told to go scout the building for places to set charges. Dansk gives the marching orders. "Alright, we're going to sweep this building ourselves, then we'll set our point of demo. Draper, you'll take Casanova, Wright, and Hunter and survey the east side of the building. ..."


Before heading in, Raleigh Ray gave Hunter a rub on his head, "For luck."

Once in there, the Ozark boy's mind got straight to work. With a keen eye on the outlook for support beams and load-bearing walls, Raleigh Ray. When it came to that sort of thing and dealing with the electronics of the various gizmos, he was completely within his element. When it came to the actual use and planting of the demolition charges, he knew his limitations. Having a basic lecture and minimal practice on a dummy bomb made him only slight less dangerous than the common doof on the street, but still made him a rank amateur compared to Wright; consequently, when it came to that, he opted to take a back seat and serve and an assistant only!

"On your six, Wrighty Tighty." he said in assurance of solidarity and teamwork.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:41 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 4 --- K-Demolitions 13
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1) Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)
Reroll
Notice 1d6 = 4 (4) Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

K/Demolitions 1d6 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 4 (4) Extra Effort 1d6 = 2 (2)
Reroll
K/Demolitions 1d6 = 6 (6) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3) Extra Effort 1d6 = 5 (5)
Ace 1d6+11 = 13 (2)

-3 Bennies

”Aye Sergeant.” Draper replies off comms. He steps to the side, waiting as each of his assigned fire team follows. ”You heard the Sergeant, remember this is a sweep too. We have to bring the building down, but it doesn’t matter how good a spot you find if we get wiped out in an ambush before we plant charges.” he continues once they started moving away from the others. ”Hunter, take point. Wright you then me next. Colton, you’ve got our backs.”

As they move room by room, Lucius preps explosives as Wright called out locations allowing his rifle to swing from its sling each time. ’Starting to feel like I might still owe Jenks’ he muses while tweaking one of the charges for a better blast distribution.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.



Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1500; It is light.
Temp: 77 degrees.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

Fireteam 2
As Marshal, Klinger, Bouchard, and Maddocs start their work, they notice a few things. First, there is no way anyone swept this area in power armor. That is obvious because of how much Solene is sinking into the floor with each step. But she only seems to be destroying a sub floor covering a concrete floor beneath. Still, it knocks her off her feet pretty early on, and in the process she manages to tangle up one of her cameras. It's annoying, creating a slight double vision effect at range, but nothing to stop the mission over. She also takes up the rear slot by necessity, and doesn't move until the others have crossed each room. That said, having your heavy weapons platform stable and covering your backs is not a bad way to enter a room. Marshal and the Doctor both put a beacon on a load bearing column each. Maddocs, for his part, is distracted. He can feel an animal-like presence. Some sort of predator. In and of itself, that is not unheard of in ruins like this, and usually it's no big deal. But looking around, he can see holes in the walls near the ceiling and floors that might allow something man sized to come through. But he sees no sign of movement, and no immediate psychic presence. It feels...distant. Solene's armor is making enough noise, it would draw anything, but it would also destroy most anything as well. Still, at 15 minutes, the going is slow.

Progress: 2/6 support beams marked

Fireteam 1
Draper, Wright, Colton, and Hunter also begin making progress. Colton soon finds the same issue with the floor that Solene had, but manages not to faceplant. Wright shows the fireteam why this is his forte as he identifies no less than three load bearing points and puts markers on them. Colton also identifies one. Hunter seems distracted by something, with his hackles on the edge of rising. Draper focuses on moving forward and sends Hunter through to sweep the next room ahead, and have Colton back him up, while he and Wright mark another support. Colton is smiling and watching, his rifle at ready when he sees the floor give out underneath Hunter. Only Colton had not entered that room, so its floor should not have given way! Colton gives a quick scan and finds this particular room had its concrete floor dug out from below and the hole was deep beneath it. Even with his sensors and floods, he can't see bottom, but he also doesn't dare step in unless he intends to jump head first into the hole. Given his scans cut off at 100 feet, that is probably not a good idea.
Progress: 6/6 support beams marked

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die (Notice): 1d6 = 2 (2)
Notice Total: 5
K/Demolitions: Auto Ace.
K/Demolitions: 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild Die (K/Demolitions): 1d6 = 2 (2)
K/Demolition Total: 6
K/Engineering: 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die (K/Engineering): 1d6 = 1 (1)
K/Engineering Total: 3
K/Electronics: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die (K/Electronics): 1d6 = 5 (5)
K/Electronics Total: 5
Investigation: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild Die (Investigation): 1d6 = 5 (5)
Investigation Total: 5


"Let's pick up the pace ladies, we're combat engineers after all. Bouchard, stick to the lower levels... You're Mauler is liable to go through the floor on the higher levels. Maddoc's Stay with her and radio if anything funny happens. Klinger you're with me, we're gonna check the higher levels fiorst and work our way back down." Joe gives his orders and leads Klinger upstairs, hoping that Maddoc's and Bouchard are able to find some more demo points. Joe figuring the building is going down anyways, doesn't worry about collateral damage, using his rifle butt to knock holes in the wall to peer inside for good contact points. "Maybe a little more demolition's schooling would have done us some good, eh Alan?" Joe says before knocking what seems to be the fortieth hole in a wall.

When Joe hears the loud crash from the other side of the building, he clicks his radio on to the group channel. [b]"What was that, do you require assistance?"{/b]

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 5 -- Survival 4
Notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)

Survival (rope tying) 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Benny! Reroll 1d6 = 4 (4)


"WHOA!!" Raleigh Ray blurted out as he witnessed Hunter fall through the floor. He turned back to the other two men in his fireteam, Draper and Wright. "Guys! The floor jus' ate Hunter! Fell right on through! It's at least a 30 meter drop!"

After indulging in a moment of panic, Raleigh Ray flung off his survival pack and pulled out as much rope as he could. He tied off a length around his waist and extended out the free end towards the other two. "My armor's too heavy to go in there, but I can still serve as an anchor for you two."

He then heard Marshall's voice on the radio and scinctly replied. "We got a dog down! Floor gave way into a big pit."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 3 --- Survival 14 --- K-Electronics 1 --- CK-Depth 3
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2), Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Survival-Secure rope to self and/or check depth 1d4 = 4 (4), Wild 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace 1d4+4 = 8 (4), Ace Wild 1d6+6 = 12 (6), Ace Ace 1d4+8 = 10 (2), Ace Ace Wild 1d6+12 = 14 (2)

K/Electronics 1d4 = 1 (1), Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

CK/Depth 1d8 = 3 (3), Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

1d54 = 44 (44)

Agility +2 1d6+2 = 7 (5); Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

”We’ll handle it Marshal, keep on the demo so we don’t fall behind schedule. Let you know if anything changes. Sergeant, Hunter went through the floor status unknown. Get you an update asap.” Lucius sends out over the comms.

Reaching out he grabs the end of the rope Colton had anchored to his heavy suit. Tieing a quick knot he slips on a carabiner and clips it to his webbing before pulling a flare from his pack. ”Wright, keep your eyes on a swivel. We’ve got the hole, need to make sure you’ll let us know if there’s something else to worry about.” Moving slowly towards the edge Lucius tweaks his armor’s receiver, trying to increase the frequency to receive the med signal from Hunter’s integrated monitor. When he reaches the edge he lights the signal flare and tosses it down, counting seconds and trying to estimate the pit’s depth.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 6
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Joe Marshal wrote:
"Let's pick up the pace ladies, we're combat engineers after all. Bouchard, stick to the lower levels... You're Mauler is liable to go through the floor on the higher levels. Maddoc's Stay with her and radio if anything funny happens. Klinger you're with me, we're gonna check the higher levels fiorst and work our way back down."

"Understood." Jasper replies to the command, before adding. "Something uses this building for a home or a web. I thought it might be nesting above, but it could be below." Moving around the room he is sharing with Bouchard, Jasper keeps his eyes and senses sharp. Looking at the sensor in his hand he gives a shrug -Couldn't hurt.- Giving the sensor a shake and a couple taps against his chest plate before triggering the next scan, Jasper tries to get something to work before anything else could go wrong.

K-Elec - 5 --- Psi - 2
Knowledge (Electronics): 1d4 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Ace: 1d4 = 1 (1)

Psionics: 1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Joe Marshal wrote:
"Let's pick up the pace ladies, we're combat engineers after all. Bouchard, stick to the lower levels... You're Mauler is liable to go through the floor on the higher levels. Maddoc's Stay with her and radio if anything funny happens. Klinger you're with me, we're gonna check the higher levels fiorst and work our way back down."


"Roger that, Bouchard replies. With the malfunction to her video feed, this op was already going poorly. The last thing she needs is to drop several stories to her death. However, it does leave her squad without heavy fire support if things get rough. Another place where the SAMAS does the job. Smaller in this space and no danger of falling with those rocket jets. Sighing quietly she turns her attention to the matters at hand. Something might be lurking in here ready to eat them all. "I will set-up at the end of the hall, if you come down in a hurry with anything in pursuit, keep low and I'll fire high."

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 1 (1) Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Quote:
"Maybe a little more demolition's schooling would have done us some good, eh Alan?"
"Maybe, but that hand to hand training seemed to be a good idea at the time. I'm not that horrible on this." Alan follows the team up the stairs and scan for more points.

OOC Comments
Kno. Ele. 1d10 = 5 (5) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Alan points to another pillar. "Nother spot over here. The sensors are having difficulty in calculating, but they are getting there."

Quote:
"We got a dog down! Floor gave way into a big pit."
Alan feels the adrenaline rush through his body. Time for me to shine. Alan looks at Marshal "Permission to break off and help."

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
1d54 = 10 (10)

Notice 5 - 7 for Visual
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
+2 to Visual Based Notice Checks


Common Knowledge 11
1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)


Lucius Draper wrote:
”Wright, keep your eyes on a swivel. We’ve got the hole, need to make sure you’ll let us know if there’s something else to worry about.”


Logan doesn't see Hunter falling through the floor, but heard and felt the floor give way. Worry immediately sets in for Hunter and clouds his better judgement as he ties one end of his rope to a nearby pillar and jumps into the hole after Hunter right as Draper starts to say anything, trying to tie the rope off in free fall then grabbing the excess rope and wrapping it around his arm to try and control his rate of descent. As he goes further into the hole, Logan switches his cybernetic eyes to Thermal Vision to better see in the dark hole.

Agility 10
1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace!
Agility Ace 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
-1 Bennie Extra Effort 1d6 = 2 (2) +2 For Elan
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1 (3)

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
GM update:

As Draper begins rappelling down, he sees Wright pulling about the stupidest trick ever - he ties off to a nearby pillar, jumps, ties the rope to his own waist, and then flies downward. He flies down about 20 or so feet before jerking to a halt. It's a miracle the rope held. Wright, for his part can tell that 100 feet is conservative for the depth of the hole. But he can see Hunter's body laying 50 feet below on a ledge, unmoving. As Draper gets down to his level, the body moves in a way that suggests it was dragged in. Wright can see nothing else.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 23 --- Agility 7
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6); Wild 1d6 = 5 (5); Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6); Ace Ace 1d6+12 = 18 (6); Ace Ace Ace 1d6+18 = 23 (5)

Agility roll held

Leaning over the hole Lucius is momentarily at a loss when Logan jumps in, reflexively his hand goes to his side arm as he spins around expecting to see some assailant had just forced Logan in. When he realizes the truth his face flushes as he does his best to keep his anger under check. Turning back to the hole he sends a broadcast over their fire-team's channel, ”Wright, get your ass properly tied off and get me a sit rep.” Lucius unclips the rope Colton has anchored and starts fishing out his own coil as he Logan passes along what he saw. ”Colton, once he’s secure, I need you to support his rope while I untie it and splice these two ropes onto. Once it’s done I’ll clip on and head down to join him.”

Satisfied with their course of action he opens the squad channel, ”Hunter hit a ledge, about 70 feet down. Looks to be nonresponsive but something is pulling him into a side tunnel. Wright and I are heading down for recovery.” He switches back to the fire team channel. ”Wright, go in weapon hot. If it's not Hunter put a hole in it, I'll be right behind you.”

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
As soon as Alan asks to go help hunter the radio give the team a new update.
Quote:
”Hunter hit a ledge, about 70 feet down. Looks to be nonresponsive but something is pulling him into a side tunnel. Wright and I are heading down for recovery.”


70 foot drop, head trauma, non responsive, could be multiple internal injuries as well as major concussion. Alan doesn't wait for the authorization, he starts running towards the other team. As he runs past Bouchard he clicks over his radio.

OOC Comments
Kno. Med 1d12 = 10 (10) Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


"Secure the patient but do not move him."

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:55 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 4 - Visual Based 6 plus Thermal Imaging
1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


Dangling precariously about 20 feet into the hole with Hunter an another 50 feet below him, it is only now that Logan realizes that he made a serious error in judgment, namely that his rope is no where's near as long as he had thought it was. He looks around for any handholds he can use so that he can follow Draper's orders this time and secure the rope to himself better.

Agility 8
1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)


Once he is more secured to his rope, he provides overwatch on Hunter, shooting at anything that tries to get to close to Hunter, while also providing a status report as he does so (so long as he can activate the radio hands free. If not, he'll take a quick moment at first to alert of the danger, then provide updates when he can).

Shooting 4 Damage 13 AP 2
1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
Damage 3d6+2 = 13 (5, 3, 3)

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 15
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Ace: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Jasper watches the Medic run by making his way over to where he was needed. As the Medical message clears the frequency, Jasper broadcasts his own to the whole team.
"Something uses this place as a home or hunting ground, there are multiple passageways in the walls near the floors and ceiling that will allow it to move around and ambush it's prey. I felt a presence, but it was far away from me. I'm sure all this activity will draw its or their attention." Finished with his warning, Jasper tries to feel for the presence again.

Psi - 5
Psionics: 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
Alan runs through the maze of the building, avoiding the potholes and the mined pillars, when he has a flashback to basic. During the week long field training. "Klinger! Next time you want to die, just do it yourself. Don't go walking off in some random direction where no one knows were you are at!" What the hell? O shit, I didn't say I was on my way and no one else said it either. What's my call sign again? O that's right.

"Bear Two Ten enroute to Bear Two Five."

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1502; It is light.
Temp: 77 degrees.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

Draper and Wright both notice that while this hole is deep, it's also criss crossed with tunnels at varying depths. Draper actually notes a slight taper off to the tunnel though he estimates it may be 200 feet deep before that happens. Whatever the case, Hunter's body is gone, and there are no signs of life. When Maddox reports what he saw, it clicks for Draper - this is a trap for food, a way in for something big. But the hunters would use other means most likely. Or this hole predates the monsters even. Lucius also realizes that he owes a sitrep to Sgt Dansk, and they have specialized climbing gear in the APC, as well as a winch with hundreds of feet of cable. He and Wright climb out, leaving Colton to cover the hole with his power armor's weapons. With a call in to update Dansk, they run outside to find her pulling up to the building and raising the blade. "I want his body, even if he's not alive," She calls over the radio. She parks the APC as close as she can, opens the cabinet holding the climbing gear that had been Hunter's responsibility to get, and then grabbed the end of the cable and began pulling it inside. As anyone comes near she points to the climbing gear, "Get a four man team in climbing gear, rest of you find another way in." She helps hook up folks to four 10m ropes that she attaches to a bar she brought with her. This allows each to descend further on their own power. She then finds a sturdy ceiling support, and throws a rope around it, and has Colton strain to pull it down. Once sure it will hold, she ties the end the rope to a ring, which she strings the cable through. She uses the pole to push the contraption out to the center. She then attaches that pole to the cable that already has four ropes attached. She then lashes a collapsible stretcher to the bar. Those are each attached to spikes in the ground so they can be hooked to easily.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2), Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)
Who’s in charge? Bouchard - Even, Colton - Odd 1d6 = 5 (5)

Strapping on a climbing harness Lucius runs through the members of Bear 2, going over their quals and ranks in his head once Dansk gives her orders. He keys the team channel, ”Marshal. Klinger. Maddocs. You’re going in the hole with me. Wright, you help Bouchard and Colton find a stable way in. Colton, you have command.” he sends out on the team channel.

His harness secured he checks his rifle before securing it on a front sling and double checking the draw. As the others begin donning their gear he continues calling out assignments. ”Marshal, you're point, then me, Klinger, and Maddocs on our six” His mind goes back to the briefing and the mention of the mud spiders. ”Colton, you able to guide one of those spiders down with us, and give it clear enough instructions in case you lose contact?”

He then turns to Klinger and starts helping with his harness, switching topics once he has Colton’s answer. ”You have a collapsible litter? I don’t want to get to Hunter and find out our only option is slinging him over our shoulders. Grab a fifth harness if we have one, we may need it to haul him up.” Not waiting for a response he talks right over Klinger’s shoulder. ”Marshal, this is your wheelhouse, you see something that needs to be responded to call it out. Rest of you treat it as an order until you hear otherwise." After setting up a new fire team frequency he calls out, "We ready!?”

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice - 6
1d8 = 6 (6) (Notice)
1d6 = 1 (1) (Wild)


"Affirmative, she replies to the new orders.

Quickly finishing the demo job the team regroups at the APC to deal with the sudden disappearance of Hunter. Bouchard can't stop herself from being glad it was only a mutant in danger and not a real person. That being said, whatever the threat is needs to be dealt with. As they make rescue plans she considers the charges, bringing the building down would be a fine enough burial for an old dog and likely take out the threat - but there was no way ton confirm it. Tunnel diving is the only option. She feels a pang of guilt that she can't be on the tunnel team, probably no one in the unit has as much experience underground as she does, however, she makes due with the secondary task of finding a way in.

When (if) the Mud Spider is deployed she has a look at the video feed and their known map of the area to try and find an alternative route for the Maulers to get in and provide support. Otherwise, they would have to wait at the exit ready to blast whatever follows the fire team out.

Common Knowledge - Mining - 5
1d8 = 2 (2) - Smarts
1d6 = 3 (3)

Bennie that shit
1d8 = 4 (4)
1d6 = 5 (5)
Making a common knowledge check against her mining background to find a way in or say anything useful about tunnels

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:01 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 1
Notice: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Climbing 13
Auto Ace.
Climbing: 1d4+4 = 5 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Investigate 5
Investigate: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Joe is confused at the sudden change of events. "Affirmative, making my way there." Joe radios back to Draper, before making his way back down to the ground floor and moving across to where the rest of the team is located. Once Joe can see the hole he whistles, while grabbing a climbing kit and suiting up so to speak. Hooking in, Joe takes the lead and leaps into the hole, he tries to remember the basic training he received on climbing and sighs. I should have paid more attention. Joe thinks as he rappels down the hole. Joe clicks on his flashlight as he descends. What manner of creature would live down here. Joe muses as he descends down further into the hole. Once Joe's feet hit the ledge, his specialist training kicks in. His shotgun comes to the ready as he kneels down on the ledge. Joe sweeps the area looking for a target. "On the ground...." Joe shifts forward, moving into the hole, making room for the others behind him. "Dug tunnel, not machine dug though. No sign of Hunter."

Contingency
If Joe see's anything threatening, he'll fire his shotgun at it. (Shooting: 1d8 = 3 (3); Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)) "Contact!"

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Last edited by Joe Marshal on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 3 - 5 if Visual
1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 on all visual based checks


Common Knowledge 6
1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


What in the hell was I thinking?! He's a Dog Boy for crying out loud! But he's still a part of my team and he was in danger and I thought I had more rope than that. That is what I was thinking. I really need to stop being so impulsive.

When Draper gives him orders to assist Brouchard and Colton in finding a stable path under the building. Using the scanners that were being utilized to determine where the load bearing supports in the building was, Logan uses it to scan the floor and the lower levels of the building.

Knowledge Electronics 8
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

-1 Bennie Extra Effort 1d6+4 = 8 (4)


Logan at first was unable to find a path to the lower levels that would have supported the two Mauler Power Armors, but then he saw an exterior wall far enough from the load bearing supports that cutting a hole in it would not destabilize the rest of the building. "Draper, Wright here. There are no direct paths to the lower levels, but I can cut a hole in a wall to make one for them. I can do it with no danger to the structure itself. Permission to proceed?"

Contingency
If Draper (or Dansk for that matter) gives him the go ahead, Logan looks at Colton and says "Colton, how many Skelebots do you have command over? I would recommend getting three to four of them over here to provide cover while you are underground with everyone else."

After that, Logan will go grab a large power saw and plasma cutter and carries it over to the spot where he needs to cut.

Knowledge Engineering 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Last edited by Logan Wright on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 1 (1) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Quote:
"I want his body, even if he's not alive,"


He'll be alive. Alan hustles to the APC and suits up in the climbing gear.

OOC Comments
Climbing: 1d4+4 = 7 (3) Wild: 1d6+4 = 5 (1) (I think I have calculation correct)


With the climbing gear on and the guidance from those who know better, Alan makes it to the bottom. That was better than I expected . Alan untangles his rope and un-hitches the rope. With a quick sweep of the room, Alan quickly rushes to Hunter's body.

Nope, not there
GM edit
Healing: 1d10+2 = 12 (10) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4) Total: 12

"Hunter has a severe concussion. I'll get him on the stretcher and secure him in the APC. Once the building is dropped, we need to get him back to base ASAP. But for now, he is stabilized." Alan secures Hunter onto the stretcher and ensure it is placed securely in the APC. Once the stretcher is in place, he will return to the demo.


Damit. This thing is going to die. Alan readies his rifle and switches his vision over to NVG.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 7
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Jasper moves with the group back to the APC after finishing the demo prep and begins suiting up for the climb down to retrieve Hunter's body as Dansk has ordered. -It's just a Dogboy....I understand he died in our service, but he's just a Dogboy.- Finished with stepping into and securing the climbing harness Jasper steps to the hole and hooks in to descend. -Well, if she wants the body, she'll get his body.- Dropping into the pit, Jasper descends to land on the ledge where Hunter's body had landed. Jasper sighs audibly as he notices that Hunter's body is not where it was originally spotted. "Of course..." Jasper mutters as he pulls his pistol. Moving to box in Alan between him and the other two, Jasper gets ready to defend if needed.

Climb - 6 --- Psi - 5
Climbing: 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Psionics: 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 5 -- K-Engineering 6
Notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)

KEngineering 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)


Lucius Draper wrote:
”... Wright, you help Bouchard and Colton find a stable way in. Colton, you have command.” he sends out on the team channel.


Raleigh Ray swallowed hard at the sound of himself being placed in command of the freshly formed fireteam. Other people's lives in his hands?!? The very thought made his mouth go as dry as a desert. Just the same he tried to present a confident voice with his reply.

"Copy that. We'll find a way down there, one way or another." Other than the slight crack of his voice, it sounded almost convincing... Almost.

Lucius Draper wrote:
His mind goes back to the briefing and the mention of the mud spiders. ”Colton, you able to guide one of those spiders down with us, and give it clear enough instructions in case you lose contact?”


"Negative. Those lil' rascals are still on backorder. I won't be issued any o' them for a wee while yet."

With their marching orders clear, Raleigh Ray departed with Bouchard and Wright. While he should have been looking for ways to access the network of tunnels beneath them, instead his head was full of self-recriminations.

This is all my fault!! I should have rubbed his head three times instead of just two!! I jinxed the whole damn thing. My Pappy always told me to do lucky things in threes. Otherwise I make Jesus cry. STUPID!!! STUPID!!! STUPID!!!

It was then he noticed Wright with his head in the game, doing his job.

Logan Wright wrote:
Using the scanners that were being utilized to determine where the load bearing supports in the building was, Logan uses it to scan the floor and the lower levels of the building. "Draper, Wright here. There are no direct paths to the lower levels, but I can cut a hole in wall to make one for them. I can do it with no danger to the structure itself. Permission to proceed?"


Raleigh Ray looked over Wright's shoulder and examined the sensor readout. Using his engineering training, he ran the numbers through his head and decided to back Wright's play.

"It looks good to me, Draper. I'm recommending a green light on Wright's plan."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1), Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

Reaching the ledge behind Marshal Lucius looks around. ’Frak this, better not be some giant alien bugs.’ he swears to himself just before Wright and Colton cut through on the raido.
Logan Wright wrote:
"Draper, Wright here. There are no direct paths to the lower levels, but I can cut a hole in wall to make one for them. I can do it with no danger to the structure itself. Permission to proceed?"
Raleigh Ray Colton wrote:
"Draper, Wright here. There are no direct paths to the lower levels, but I can cut a hole in wall to make one for them. I can do it with no danger to the structure itself. Permission to proceed?"


Raleigh Ray looked over Wright's shoulder and examined the sensor readout. Using his engineering training, he ran the numbers through his head and decided to back Wright's play.

"It looks good to me, Draper. I'm recommending a green light on Wright's plan."

Responding on the fire teams channel he can’t help but smirk, a gesture he is happy to have his helmet hide.. ”Don’t start running things by me now Wright, we have active hostiles in these tunnels.. You got a job to do, ’jump in’ and do it.” He puts a subtle emphasis on jumping in, not so much as to call out his actions to the others, but anyone who witnessed it will know exactly what he’s doing. ’Need to sit down with him after, make sure he understands the value of a dog boy. Not to mention the insult to Hunter’s service if he’d gotten himself hurt.’

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Coalitiong States Command Specialist
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 2/6
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • None
Edges:
  • Command: Allies within 5” receive +1 to recover from Shaken
  • Tactician: At the beginning of a fight, make a K/Battle roll. Gain an additional Initiative card for success and each raise. Each round, after Initiative is dealt one or more of the cards can be given to allies to be used in place of their dealt card.
Weapons: Current clip noted by asterisk(*)
  • C-30 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
  • CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Sling
    • Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
  • Neural Mace - Belt
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Webbing
    • 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 7


Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Lucius Draper wrote:
... ”Don’t start running things by me now Wright, we have active hostiles in these tunnels.. You got a job to do, ’jump in’ and do it.”


Raleigh Ray turned to Wright and quietly said, "Hmmmm. 'Don't run it by me' and 'jump in' ... Sounds like he's settin' up a Plausable Deniability defense in case we screw this up."

"Alrighty then, you get cuttin'. Bouchard and me will cover your back jus' in case the sound attracts any unwanted attention."

Logan Wright wrote:
... Logan looks at Colton and says "Colton, how many Skelebots do you have command over? I would recommend getting three to four of them over here to provide cover while you are underground with everyone else."


Thr question made Raleigh Ray's mind reel into a flashback to that morning's briefing...

High Command wrote:
Time: 0630

The LT speaks to the assembled platoon. "Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you, we have a combat patrol. ... I'm authorizing an extra Mauler suit for each platoon. Colton, Jitters, you get the nod for each squad." ..."Both power armors will man the door positions, and everyone else pile in the back. Once we're in the field, each group will get chopped a couple of skelebots for perimeter patrol." ... "Yes boys, you'll get operational control, but only as directed by either squad leader and squad XO."


"Dems' Skelebots!" he said as it came back to him. Funny how just that morning felt like months ago. He felt stupid for not remembering till now. Still, he'd need clearance to pull them in.

"Colton to Draper. Requesting permission to call in the Skelebots at our disposal."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Last edited by Raleigh Ray Colton on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Merged Paths
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1505; It is light.
Temp: 77 degrees.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

A Walk in the Park
Jaren is walking back with his climbing kit on his gear belt and rifle slung. He's heard the commotion on the radio when he walks around the corner of a building near the one in question. As he's waking, his eyes sweep around, evaluating the area as a hunting ground. From above, like a psi-stalker might hunt, it's poor, but as he begins to look at the ground, he realizes he missed a vital clue - to a burrowing and tunneling predator, this place is rife with places to strike from, fade back to, and completely harrass. Worse, that was why the units were there in the first place. But they'd been concerned for surface threats, watching for snipers and hidden assassins - humanoid threats. They'd failed to consider a burrowing animalistic threat, or worse, a threat of greater intelligence using the same methods. He has his helmet off in order to not be so stifled, and picks it up from where it is strapped to his belt. He is about to key the microphone when suddenly his world goes topsy-turvey! Somewhere along the way his helmet slips from his grip, and he ends up twisted in a pile at the bottom of a minutes long slide. He is literally deposited from a hole in the ceiling that is straight up, and he no longer seens daylight. In fact all he sees is darkness, but no longer is he sensing something distant. Whatever he is sensing, it is hungry and it is hunting him!

The Situation - GM Update
You are prone, Shaken, and have no light and no helmet. Assume you know everything on your utility belt by feel, so you're not without a light source (as long as you use an action to draw your flashlight). You can also use the scope of your rifle to look around (but it must be drawn/readied). Visual clues are at -4, -2 with optics from your rifle. Other senses are not penalized. Also, don't forget Psychic Sense is more than simply flavor, it has mechanical teeth. Also, the wrist computer doesn't seem to be working.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Notice 5, Spirit 5
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Notice Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Nope. Not with a creepy subterranean monster after me. Benny’d!
Notice re-roll: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Re-roll Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
-1 Benny

Spirit to Unshake: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild to Unshake: 1d6 = 5 (5)


Jaren coughs and groans, shaking his head to get the ringing to stop. Move! he thinks.

Coming to his feet, he unslings his rifle and looks through the scope. He knows that whatever beast is down here with him is already on the hunt, but he doesn’t want to risk a flashlight and remove any possible doubts about his whereabouts.

Unfortunately, the scope is useless; it needs more ambient light than the underground chamber provides, and Jaren just finds himself looking at more blackness. Fighting down his frustration and rising anxiety, he focuses on his psychic senses, feeling around for as much information about his quarry as he can get, first and foremost being Where is it?!

He flips his CV-212 to three-round burst and forces himself to take steady breaths. Just a hunt. Stay calm. Just a hunt. he repeats like a mantra, listening and projecting his psychic sense into the dark for all he’s worth.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Merged Paths
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1505; It is light.
Temp: 77 degrees.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

A Walk in the Park
Creature - King of Diamonds
Image

Jaren (4 Clubs)
The psi-stalker definitely feels something close to him. Suddenly there is a flash of teeth and claws and he feels them closing on him. Whatever it is, this creature is larger than man-sized and utter ferocious. It also has a strong acrid odor that burns the nostrils.

GM Update
You're up.
Welcome to the Jungle!
Colton wrote:
"Colton to Draper. Requesting permission to call in the Skelebots at our disposal."

Dansk replies. "Dansk here. Good thinking Colton, call them in, authorization code Zero-Alpha-Charlie-Three-Niner."
Colton radios the skelebots and they move into close guard of the trio, covering their back. Solene is thinking about the tunnels as they are described by the group and it occurs to her that an ambush predator might use tunnels as a means of hunting. Which means there should be tunnels for moving in and out of the building. She directs Wright to some likely locations, and they find one particular one that will allow the passage of the skelebots and the Maulers. The question is what order do they go in. One thing is certain, whoever goes first is stuck there until they get to a branch.
GM Update
I need a marching order, including the skelebots.
Draper, Marshal, Klinger, and Maddocs all land on the outcropping and unhook from the device that dropped them, but retain their climbing harnesses and rope. Klinger is focused on a body he expects to be there and almost stops cold when he doesn't find it. Maddocs feels an oppressive presence, but aside from being stronger, it's no more clear what it is. Draper is busy with command duties, which leaves Joe to investigate their surroundings. He's not focused on anything outside their current environment as he looks at the ground and sees the drag marks Hunter's body would have made, and then they stop where a set of three toed clawed footprints put him immediately in the mindset of a dinosaur - which is crazy since dinosaurs do not exist in tunnels. What he can tell is that it is big and it lifted Hunter up with ease after it got him off the ledge. It also probably did not come through the smallish opening either. Upon stepping through, which requires a crouching step, he finds the tunnel inside much larger and show signs of three-toed foot traffic going well past visual range.

GM Update
Joe - make an Agility check. If you fail you will fall into a shoulder deep hole and have your arms trapped beside you/around you - effectively unusable. The others can make a Strength check at -2 to get you out though. Yes you can work together.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Survival 4
Survival (to identify the monster): 1d6 = 4 (4)
Survival Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


”Holy...!” Jaren starts to swear, but doesn’t have time to finish as the creature attacks him! He manages to fend off its claws with his rifle, but finds himself with a dilemma. He’s too close to shoot the stone-cursed thing, but the CV-212 is a bear to fire on the move. Newcastle was right, and I might be about to die because of it.

With no time to deliberate, he does the only thing he can do. He thrusts the rifle butt at the creature’s head, he thinks. Really, it’s difficult to tell with how dark it is down here.
Fighting
Figthing: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Fighting Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Fighting modifiers: -4 (darkness) -2 MAP


The rifle hits... something, but it’s not a particularly solid blow, and gets tangled up in either the creature’s limbs or its maw (impossible to tell). Jaren lets it go before it gets him killed and draws his CP-30 in one hand and his flashlight in the other. Flicking on the light, he says,”Ok, you bastard, let’s try that again.”

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
A Walk in the Park
Jaren: Red Joker! When a player draws a Joker, his character can go whenever he wants in the round, even interrupting another character’s action if he wants. In addition, add +2 to all Trait tests this round, and +2 to damage totals as well! Also, gain a Benny.
Creature: King of Spades
The creature seems annoyed more than hurt by your tap on it's hard face. It sounds more like plastic or ceramic armor than any kind of hide; maybe chitin. Still, with the long ranged weapon out of hand, now you might have a fighting chance - assuming you weren't still in grappling range of whatever this is. You can't see much beyond a better picture of it's head/face.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Adrenaline and fear burn through Jaren in equal measure, and he thinks, At least I can see it now.

He levels the pistol at the creature and fires.

Shooting 9
Shooting: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Modifiers: +2 (3RB) +2 (Joker)
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 2 (2)
-1 Benny


Damage 16, AP 2
Damage: 2d6 = 9 (6, 3) + Ace! 1d6 = 2 (2) +1 (pistol) +2 (3RB) +2 (Joker) = 16, AP 2 (18 total)


The CP-30 pulses with a satisfying hum, blasting at the creature and lighting up Jaren’s surroundings, however briefly.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:46 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
GM update; The creature falls dead as the laser bores through its forehead, killing it.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
(Rolls held. Notice 5, Survival 4)

Jaren catches his breath for a moment. That actually could have gone worse.

He attaches the flashlight to his pistol, checks the beast’s body to be sure it’s truly dead, and scans for his rifle. Assuming he finds it in one piece, he slings it cross-body and pulls out his communicator. “This is Three Three Five, I’ve dropped through the ground into an underground tunnel of some kind. Hostile creatures down here. I’ve engaged and killed one, but request immediate evac.” He gives his last location before falling through and waits for a response.

Contingency, Stealth 5
If the communicator doesn’t work, he’ll try his radio. And if that doesn’t work, he’ll draw his vibro-knife and look for an exit, be it one he would have to climb out of or one he could walk out of. He’ll be as quiet as he can, but I imagine stealth won’t be easy with a flashlight. Also, if he should notice anything significant (like, oh, that the laser holes he punched in the creature appear to be leaking acid, just by way of random example), please let me know. 8-)

Here’s a stealth roll, just in case: 1d6 = 5 (5), Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Last edited by Steelcreek on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 5
1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Realizing that they are dealing with a predator Solène peers into the hole and recommends sending the skelebots first, "Shall we send in the bots with a bit of a lead? They can draw out whatever is in there and we can mop it up. If the creatures a very smart and wait for the bots to pass, then we'll have them as back up if we get caught flat footed. One of the Mauler's should bring up the rear."

As the hole gapes open before her the Private shudders, "Once more into the deep."

Knowledge Electronics 8
To use optics in the tunnel
Knowledge 1d8-1 = 2 (3)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 5 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:03 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
GM Mini-Reply
There is no answer to Jaren's radio call. He does see his helmet about ten feet away though. As Jaren inspects the corpse, he realizes it has acidic blood and pure luck kept it from spraying him.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
(Rolls held. Notice 5, Survival 4, Stealth 5)

Seeing the helmet on the ground, Jaren puffs out his cheeks and exhales. Finally, a little good news. He puts the radio away, sheathes his knife so he can put the helmet on, flicks it over to thermal mode, clicks his flashlight off, and gets his knife back out. He won’t be able to use his psychic sense with the helmet on, but at least he’ll be able to see.

He makes his way as carefully and quietly as he can through the tunnels, making sure every so often to flip up his helmet’s faceplate and quickly reach out with his psychic sense.

These things bleed acid, he thinks, best to try and hit them at a distance. Got lucky with that last one.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 37
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 11 Agility 10 Survival 5
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Notice Wild Die Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Agility Test: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Agility Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Agility Wild Die Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Survival: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Survival Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Joe moves forward his attention brought down to the tracks. "Found some tracks, look reptilian in nature, like a humanoid or larger dinosaur. Advancing down the tunnel." Joe maneuvers carefully down the way, dodging a hole that likely would have seen him stuck without help. Joe keeps his shotgun and flashlight at point slowly playing the light around the tunnel as he moves, not wanting to miss any possibly hidden dangers.

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice - 17
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace 2: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Jasper waits for the rest of the group he is with enter the smaller hole in the wall and follows. Once through, he attaches his flashlight to the pistol and pulls his knife out in the other hand. Side stepping the hole that was called out, Jasper marks the wall with his knife to indicate the opening that leads back to their climbing gear. Sandwiching the medic between him and the other two Jasper keeps an eye on their six as they move deeper into the complex of tunnels, every once in a while marking the walls to point back to the way they came in.

Contingency
Shooting: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Damage: 2d6+1 = 11 (5, 5), AP 2
If something comes up from behind that isn't CS Jasper will open fire while saying: "Contact Rear"

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
*C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 19/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/4


Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 4 (4) Ace: 1d4 = 4 (4) Ace: 1d4 = 1 (1)Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Total: 9


Klinger stands there starring at the ground where Hunters body should be. "Shit. He's supposed to be here. If he gets himself killed, I'm bringing him back and killing him myself." Klingner stows his rifle on his back, and readies his pistol. In close like this is best for a pistol. "Bear two ten ready"

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 3


Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 6 -- K-Electronics 9
Notice 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

K/Electronics 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 3 (3)
(to use the Mauler's sensor suite; optics, radar, anti-alien-gizmo-x, ... the usual stuff :-) )


"Afirmative. Copy good, boss man." Raleigh Ray acknowledged.

As soon as he received clearance Raleigh Ray fired up the implant within his skull and summoned the mecanical soldiers at his disposal. With his cybernetic implant converting his thoughts into the encoded binary language of Skelebots, he issued his inviolate commands in a burst-broadcast. "Zero-Alpha-Charlie-Three-Niner. Acknowledge command code authorization and converge on my coordinates."

"And our bouncing baby boys are on the way." Raleigh Ray happily announced to his team. "Good thinking, Wright."

When the Skelebots appeared, Raleigh Ray walked up to the pair and poked one in the chest. "You, from here on, respond to designation Tweedledee." He then went to the second and poked it in the head. "And you, respond to designation Tweedledum"

Solène Bouchard wrote:
"Shall we send in the bots with a bit of a lead? ...."


"No shit the bots go in first..." Raleigh Ray exasperated. "... but not both. Here's our marching order. Tweedledee up front with a three meter lead, Bouchard next, Wright safe in the middle, followed by me, wit' Tweedledum covering the rear. Now let's get in there an' find ourselves a lost lil' doggy."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:58 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice 4 - 6 for Visual based checks
1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)


Common Knowledge 6
1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)


"Acknowledged, sir." Wright replied, catching the subtle teasing Draper gave him over the radio, momentarily dreading what was to come. But he pushed those thoughts from his mind quickly as he set to work, cutting a hole in the wall big enough to allow the suits of power armor easy passage into the tunnels below. Once the cuts had been made, Logan looked to Colton and asked "Do you think you can pull that down for us, Colt?"

When Colton calls out the marching order, Logan does nothing to disagree with him as he was going to be the least protected member of the group in the tunnels until they met up with the rest of the squad. He slings his rifle across his back and unholstered his C-20 Laser Pistol from it's chest holster. Reaching down to his utility belt, he activates his inertial mapper so that they can find their way back out again if they can, then picks up the sensors with his other hand so that he can keep an eye on the readouts as they navigate the tunnels. He switches his cybernetic eyes over to thermal vision before giving Colton a head nod, indicating he was ready to enter the tunnels. He will attempt to be as quiet as possible so as to not let any possible enemies know their true strength.

Knowledge Electronics 5
1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


Stealth 4
1d4-2 = 2 (4) Ace!
Stealth Ace 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1 (3)

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 am
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Raleigh Ray Colton wrote:
Raleigh Ray walked up to the pair and poked one in the chest. "You, from here on, respond to designation Tweedledee." He then went to the second and poked it in the head. "And you, respond to designation Tweedledum"


The robots reply back with a mechanical "Acknowledged, temporary designations noted. awaiting orders."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}

Logan Wright wrote:
Once the cuts had been made, Logan looked to Colton and asked "Do you think you can pull that down for us, Colt?"


"Not a problem." Raleigh Ray replied. Using the mechanical brute force of his shiny newish Mauler power armor, he grabbed hold and gave it a sufficient but controlled yank, putting the finishing touch on the job.

High Command wrote:
The robots reply back with a mechanical "Acknowledged, temporary designations noted. awaiting orders."


With an encoded burst of digital telepathy, Raleigh Ray issued the Skelebots their orders in the span of two seconds.

"Tweedledee, you take point. Give us a lead with median distance of three meters; permissable standard deviation is one meter. Standard point position protocols.
Tweedledum, you're on the six-position. Follow and protect. Trail the fireteam by median distance of one point five meter; permissable standard deviation is zero point five meter. Stardard drag position protocols."


With the mechanical meat-shields sufficiently programed, it was time to get going. "Alrighty, ladies and gents, it's time to punch the donuts."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 1/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 pm
Profile
Online
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 869
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Merged Paths
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1530; It is light.
Temp: 70 degrees in the tunnels.
Weather: Clear topside;
Ley Line info: There is a ley line within a half mile.
Location: Mission area - base camp; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

The Lay of the Land
As the various teams (and Steelcreek) push into the hive, they find the walls go from earthen to covered in a material that resembles a solidified liquid resin or glue. It is visibly damp and lustrous in spots. In places light penetrated the material to a depth of several centimeters, revealing a complex internal structure. At other locations the substance is opaque. What little color it displayed is muted: greens and grays, and here and there a touch of some darker green. Radar, motion tracking, and other non-visual electronics are absorbed and reflected seemingly at random and creates the impression that there is movement all around, even when visual evidence is irrefutably to the contrary (All sensor readings done at -4). Nightvision and thermal mode vision enhancements work fine, however. The walls are almost as warm as a body, though (and create a -2 to thermal vision notice checks), and their imprecise and varied textures create all sorts of false impressions of monsters in the walls. Twice the group tests the issue with a vibro-blade instead of wondering. Each time they are rewarded only by piercing the resin. There are no light sources the squads do not bring themselves.

A Walk in the Park
Steelcreek follows the tunnel he is in to find it drops vertically about five meters and then open air for the last five until it hits ground. There is ample hand holds he can use to climb down, or he can attach rope and rappel down. Some creative carving with a vibro-knife (Smarts roll) will even allow him to loop the rope through and recover it by pulling on the other end. Of course his psychic senses keep indicating the presence of something dangerous, and after looking at the creature he killed, he realizes they will blend into the walls easily.

When he gets below (Climbing roll with modifiers), the cavern he is in is large (60 meters in any direction) and he seems to be standing on a 10 meter rise in the room (so most places it's a 15 meter ceiling). The place smells damp, with both water and acid. The room also feels charged, as with static electricity. He is also very aware he cannot make out the walls and ceiling with any great detail. But he can see it is covered in the same resin.

A Trek with Tweedledee and Tweedledum
The group can make good time as the tunnel moves downward at a 30 degree slope. It moves down for 100 meters, then changes directions, angling down in the opposite direction. As they walk, the same resin material is everywhere. The Skelebots, both power armor, and wright (if he's using the demolition scanner) are constantly getting false readings from the two meter diameter tunnel. One thing they note pretty early on is there is not appreciable "floor" to it, aside from where gravity as forced the issue. So the whole tunnel ends up being like a tube that is sitting on the ground, more so than something a human might make. Wright notes with some worry that the supporting structure of the resin would make the tunnel very resistant to caving in. And the radical changes in direction would limit the effectiveness of most explosives. That said, an accelerant could be liberally applied and plasma used to ignite it to a satisfying degree. But spreading the accelerant and using it before it becomes inert is an issue.

As the group advances, there is a growing sense of dread among the human members, though each is a professional and they push past it. They are 30 meters past the bend when their dark silent world becomes one of slaughter and mayhem. The lead skelebot is pierced down the spine by a large protruding tail and the spike on the end of it. It falls in a crumpled heap having done its job of dying in the place of a human. The rear skelebot fires off a "contact rear" warning as it fends off a similar attack. Solene, for her part, sees the front attack and sees another tail that strikes at her, which she deflects. This, however, does nothing for the one above her she did not see. It bites deep, and she realize it is not just damage, but some sort of poison as well. Wright is likewise surprised and takes a tail spear to the shoulder, and also feels the poison seeping into the wound. Colton, for his part, is very impressed with the toughness of his armor. It's good it is, because his awareness is shit compared to his opponents. They literally seem to melt from the walls as they spear down at him with their tails. Three are between the rear skelebot and Colton, one is next to Wright, and three face Solene.
GM Notes and Initiative
Image
Lead Skelebot takes a wound and is down.
Solene takes a wound and is shaken unless she soaks. Also make a Vigor roll or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds.
Wright is Shaken. Also make a Vigor roll or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds.
Colton is undamaged, but hit twice.
Rear Skelebot is undamaged

Remember you are all considered "trained" with the butts of your rifles and the grips of your pistols - so you can use them as fist loads (1d6 and 1d4 respectively).
Bad Guy Toughness is 11(2) and they are Hardy Extras. Parry 6
Players have Ace of Hearts; Bad guys have Three of Diamonds - Actions and reactions please.


A Tunnel to Nowhere
Draper, Marshal, Maddocs, and Klinger advance forward in the tunnel. The two meter diameter roughly circular tunnel goes fifty meters before angling down for another 50 meters. The group avoids several pit traps, and Maddocs is sure he sees something scurry away the way they came as they pass the flatter area and begin heading down. But aside from movement, he can't make out anything, and it's out of line of sight long before he can get a fix on it. Joe definitely seems to be in his element here. His sturdy pump rifle seems right at home in the close confines. Draper slings his rifle and pulls his sidearm and neural mace which are better suited for the close quarters. Klinger trusts his own two fists to keep him safe if his rifle will not. Maddocs has other gifts, and relies on those and his pistol.

As the four of them reach the end of this dowards tunnel, the reach a larger room. It is a 4 meter drop to the floor, giving this larger room a ceiling height of six meters - almost twenty feet. It only looks about fifty meters long, though they are at one end of it. Another tunnel looks like it heads down, and a third seems to exit at the other end of it. Judging by where they have come from, it would lead to the bottom of the pit from before.

As they go to decide where they will go from here, Maddocs and Marshal notice slight signs of movement on the walls, and alert their companions subtly to the danger. As such no one is particularly surprised when they are rushed from all sides. Their initial attacks with their tails find no purchase, missing the prepared soldiers who go back to back in a square formation. Marshal and Maddocs are back to back with each other. Draper is to Marshal's left and Klinger is to Marshal's right.

GM Notes and Initiative
Image
Joe gets a free Fighting Attack, per First Strike, and another from Counterattack. He can use one on his and one on Draper's or Klinger's; or he can use both on his.
Because of how closely clustered you and the enemy are, firing into melee means using the innocenent bystanders rules - that includes the one facing you directly.
Remember you are all considered "trained" with the butts of your rifles and the grips of your pistols - so you can use them as fist loads (1d6 and 1d4 respectively). Klinger can use this or his martial arts attack.
I will NPC Draper, though if you give me direction, I will use that to do so Justin.

Bad Guy Toughness is 11(2) and they are Hardy Extras. Parry 6
PCs act on Eight of Hearts - Enemy on Six of Spades

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Notice crit fail, Smarts 2, Climbing 17, Survival 3
Notice 1d8 = 1 (1)
Notice wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Smarts 1d6 = 2 (2)
Smarts wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Climbing 1d6 = 1 (1)
Climbing wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild ace! 1d6 = 5 (5)
Modifier +6 (expert climbing gear)

Survival 1d6 = 3 (3)
Survival wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Ominous roll at request of GM 1d6 = 4 (4)
Helmet technical difficulties: -2 to Notice


As Jaren progresses through the tunnels, his thermal vision becomes less and less useful. He tries switching to night vision, but it seems to be glitching badly, perhaps due to the fall. With a sigh, he removes his face plate again and re-attaches the flashlight to his CP-30. So much for the high tech approach, he thinks.

When he comes across the vertical drop, he quickly uses his climbing gear to rappel down. With a few deft pulls on the rope from the bottom of the shaft, he is able to get the rope back with the loss of just one piton.

From where he stands in the cavern, he can't make out the walls or ceiling clearly, except to tell that they are far away. Lovely, he thinks. He attempts to get his bearings and figure out what direction he might be heading, but it's useless. After a moment or two of trying, he gives up, readies his pistol and vibro-knife, picks a direction, and keeps moving.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: -2 (except with other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Woodsman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Throwing d4, Stealth d6, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Equipment of Note: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle, CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol, Vibro-Knife, Frag Grenades, expert climbing gear, helmet optics have serious problem that imposes a -2 to Notice
Ammo: 3/3 rifle e-clips | 2/2 pistol e-clips | 2/2 grenades
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: Draw normally
Bennies: 2/3
    -1 to reroll Notice in very first post
    +1 for Joker vs xenomorph
    -1 for Extra Effort against the same xenomorph
Character Sheet
Signature


Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Soak 5 - success - unshaken
Vigor 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


With the monsters melting in all around them Solene can barely keep them off - and her armor can barely keep their claws at bay. She hears the hiss of acid melting metal as one of them leaves a deep gouge in her Mauler. Between the malfunctioning camera system and these alien claw marks the Mauler was beginning to feel more like a coffin then a war machine. Stuck in close she pops open the forearm vibro-sabres and tries to make some space lashing out wildly at the nearest one.

The massive strength of the Mauler combined with the sharpness of the blade slice through the monster's hide with ease. In fact, the blow is so strong in cleaves the beast in half leaving a pool of acidic blood melting into the floor. Careful to avoid it, Bouchard braces herself for a counter attack.

Fighting 9 - Damage 20 AP 4 MD -- one down
Fighting 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Benny Extra Effort: [dice]2[dice]

Damage: [dice]3[/dice] + 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 20 AP 4 MD

_________________
[ooc=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=320]PFC Solène Bouchard[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)[/ooc]


Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: High Command and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.