View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ] 
 4.2 Code Red Epsilon - Attack on Bridgehead 
Author Message
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
    Constant ley line activity means the threat level is considered extremely high at all times. This is designated as level Red. Red level precautions and procedures can be found in your CS Army Field Manual. Threat levels are updated hourly and can increase to Red Alpha, Red Epsilon, and Red Omega.

      Red Alpha - High levels of ley line instability or a known active threat within the ruins. All off duty personnel prepare for potential deployment.

      Red Epsilon - One or more active Rifts have opened or a major active threat is operating in the ruins. All active and off duty personnel prepare for rapid action. The Bridgehead and Containment Area will be locked down. Additional forces from 4th Army Command will be deployed to cordon off the ruins and provide active containment.

      Red Omega - Non random Rift activity or a full scale assault in the ruins.
      All personnel report immediately to deployment and defensive stations. The Bridgehead and Containment Area will be locked down and CS Naval Command will be transferred to Fort Resilience to coordinate actions. 4th Army Command will cordon off the ruins and the Rapid Deployment Force at CS Chi-Town will be activated to reinforce Fort Resilience.
    --CSID Initial Intelligence Briefing - Fort Resilience


Everyone is having a decent time. No one is hungry. Non-alcoholic drinks are plentiful, the food is amazing, if basic (hotdogs, fries, burgers, onion rings, frozen pizza, fresh cupcakes via Grimes, etc). It's been an excellent day, and even Klinger is recovering nicely with an ice pack over the bruise to his chest.

The officers all come out of the officer's mess from some meeting they were having and begin to seek out their squads, checking in with them. That's when all hell breaks loose. "Base Alert. The code is Red Epsilon. Repeat, the code is Red Epsilon. All units report for emergency deployment. Company and Platoon COs, the confirmation card is blue fifteen. Report ASAP by secure line." This message repeats. One of the NCO's of the company sounds off. "Alright you apes, report to the armories double time. if it's not on fire, leave it. If it is on fire, put it out. Muster in the armory in five minutes. Current dress is fine. MOVE!"

You get to the Bear Platoon's armory and find the power armor in shambles. You knew the power armor were undergoing maintenance today. Nothing for it but to suit up in body armor and grab weapons. Dansk is already in her armor, armed and ready. "Scan your dog tags and your weapon, grab ammo, grenades, and MOVE. Assemble by the exit to the base when done. Help each other. MOVE!" She then goes back to helping the LT into his armor. You've all drilled this a thousand times. The fastest way into armor is for two people to help a third, and then to move around and have the third and one of the other two help the second, and so on until everyone is armored up.

Available Gear, updated
Squad 1: (Lt Daniels, NPCs equal in number to PCs)
Squad 2: (all PCs, plus Sergeant Dansk)
Steelcreek: Vibro-Knife, CM-940C, CP-30, Vibro-Vambraces, 2x AP Grenade
Grimes: C-5, Vibro-Knife, Neural Mace, CP-40 (with red button that says Do Not Push), 1 Plasma and 1 AP grenade
Bouchard: CM-940BR, CP-30, Vibro-Knife, 2x AP grenade
Wright: CP-50 (w/ Vibro-Bayonet and 12 HE rifle grenades loaded), C-20, 12 HE rifle grenades on a bandoleer, Vibro-Knife, 2 Plasma Greandes
Colton: CV-212 with vibro-bayonet, C-20, Vibro-Knife, 2x HE Grenades
Maddocs:
Marshal:
Klinger:
Draper:

Weapons Available:
CP-40 (10/11)
CP-50 (1/2)
CV-212 (2/3)
C-29 (3/3)
CM-940BR (3/4)
C-16A (2/2)
CM-30 (2/2)
CM-940C (1/2)
C-20 (10/12)
CP-30 (0/2)
C-5 (3/4)
Vibro-Knife (12/19)
Vibro-Sword (4/4)
Neural Mace (2/3)

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:25 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Notice and Detect Arcana 7
Notice 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


Steelcreek moves quickly to secure his weapons of choice first, hefting a CM-940C (one with a scope attached) and testing its weight in his hands. Nice, he thinks. He slings the carbine and grabs four clips of extra ammo (no way to borrow more in the field when they're real bullets), a vibro-knife, and a CP-30 pistol (he has to slide in between two bigger toughs to grab it, but he's agile enough to get in and out quickly).

He moves to the armor and briefly considers a suit of CA-4 before thinking better of it. The protection is great, but the weight... better to be mobile. He snaps up a suit of CA-3 and keeps it close.

"Wright! Need a hand?" he calls, helping out their demo man with his own suit before getting help with the CA-3.

Noticing that Grimes somehow seems to be grabbing all the best gear for himself, Jaren calls out, "Hey, Grimesy! You see any vibro vambraces lying around anywhere?"

Once armored up, he grabs a couple of armor piercing grenades, a few extra e-clips, attaches the vibro-knife bayonet-style to his carbine, and prepares to hunt. He slides on his multi-optics glasses and takes the face plate off, keeping his head protected while still allowing himself to reach out with his psychic sense.

Sword or Vambraces
If Grimes finds him a set of vambraces, he'll wear those. If not, he'll grab a vibro-sword, assuming one is left.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:07 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Grimes arrives with a half a cup cake in hand and his shirt halfway unbuttoned. Damn did I bring my blue card??
A few days ago, Blue Card Training
Grimes is in a chair, tied, and strapped. A thug of a man is standing over him... The brawny man yells, " Wlecome to your blue card confirmation training!" Thud!! The man's fist connects into Grime's chest. The man continues to shout at Grimes spittle flying every where, " This card will be used in the event of rapid dyployment, you will not ever be without it!!" Smack! This time in Grime's jaw! " This training is to give you a pavalovial response to pain ensuring you will never leave home with out your blue confirmation card!" Thud! Thud!, Smack! Blood splatters all over Grimes' pants and shirt. " Do you have your blue confirmation card Daryl Grimes?" Thud! Again to his chest a meaty ham fist strikes.

Grimes' bloodied and battered, his eye half way swollen shut weakly answers, " Yessss..." Smack! Smack! A two punch combo to the face.

The burly man smiles and yells at Grimes dancing a boxers dance in front of him, " I am sorry cupcake, I could not hear you!" Thud! Thud!

Grimes looks the man in his eye and slips his restraints with ease. Just like you taught me Catalina. Grimes catches the next blow on his fore arm and stand too. " I said, yes sir! I will always have my blue confirmation card on my at all times sir!"

The man less his arms go loose, and pats Grimes on the head messing up his hair, " Ok kid looks like you are learning."

Grimes feels a pin prick on his neck, and turns to see Catalina the mousy psi-ops assassin behind him, she gives a lopsided grin as Grimes looses consciousness, " You will learn to look behind you Daryl Grimes."

Of course I have my blue card, its sown into my goddamn forearm

Grimes hears his name and flashes Steelcreek a smile, " You got it steelcreek, just save me a neural mace and C-5"
Scrounger edge, total of a 4
Scrounger Edge: Streetwise: 1d6 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 2 (2) +2 from CHA

Grimes disapears for a minute into the general chaos of folks getting ready. He comes back with a pair of vambraces, nice, cleaned, and cromed. Grimes grins, " Lets just say a Joker spec force operative will not be laughing."

Grimes helps Wright and Steelcreek get ready. "Steelcreek these optics are badass, let me see if I can tie them to your HUD, or help you at least." Grimes takes out a strip of duct tape, a paperclip, and a small bottle of lighter fluid. " Just hold still man, I am a professional."
electronics 7 to get Steels optics working with his helmet
Kn Electornics: 1d8 = 7 (7) wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Then Grimes dives into the free fore-all of the weapon bonanza!! As folks push him his hands dart snake like grabbing choice items. A few grumbles from behind him of, " Goddamn Mutie, what is he doing up in front?" But the yellow and white sweet creme frosting those two grunts have plastered over their mouths make them think twice about tangling with this baker... He grabs the C-5 ( 2 clips if possible), neural mace, vibro knife, and 1 plasma grenade and 1 Armor piercing grenade. With a little help from his friends Grimes gets his armor shucked on, and helmet while crooked still provides the basic enviormental control functions. Grimes waves at Bertha in the corner. She seems to groan without grimes inside her. Its a shame she is falling apart... Maybe when we get back, if I get back, we can give it one more go... But I have a feeling High Command is going to force me to move on.

At the last minute someone shoves a rifle into his hands. The rifle is interesting, a standard issue CP-40 at first glance, but it has a red button that reads, Do not Push...

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
”Thanks, Grimes!” Steelcreek takes the proffered vambraces and straps them on. Can’t be too careful.

He initially winces when Grimes begins fiddling with his glasses. He starts to tell the man to “be careful!” when Grimes hands them back, good as new and perfectly synchronized.

”Huh. I didn’t know they could do that. Learn something new every day. But... why the lighter fluid, man?”

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Steelcreek wrote:
”Thanks, Grimes!” Steelcreek takes the proffered vambraces and straps them on. Can’t be too careful.

He initially winces when Grimes begins fiddling with his glasses. He starts to tell the man to “be careful!” when Grimes hands them back, good as new and perfectly synchronized.

”Huh. I didn’t know they could do that. Learn something new every day. But... why the lighter fluid, man?”


Grimes slaps his gear into place and lifts the rifle with a grimace. Why is this so heavy??? He flips the empty can of lighter fluid into a nearby OSHA maintained garbage bin. Grimes grips Steelcreek by the shoulders. " I don't know whats going to happen out there. I don't know who is going to make it back and who is going to be a rotting corpse. I don't know where, why or how... But I do know this. You say the words Hot Butter Rum into your comm unit, a gout of flame will erupt from your helmet 5ft long spraying directly in front of you. It might not be plasma but I would not want to be caught in it." Grimes nods at Steelcreek and then looks at his rifle again, the red button that reads Do Not Push seems powerfully tempting.

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Gear
CM-940BR Rifle
CP-30 Pistol
Armor Piercing Grenades


"So much for R and R, Solene grumbles as she scrambles to gear up for the Code Red Epsilon. However, she is secretly relieved of having to deal with all the social interactions. Old Chicago was so dangerous you needed more than one type of code red, and while this one wasn't the worst it was pretty bad. Not as bad as the sight she sees in the squad hangar though, her power armored stripped down worse than a call girl in Baton Rouge. Sighing she looks over the offered inventory and grands a ballistic battle rifle, just in case something out there was impervious to lasers. She would have preferred a C-29 or something, but honestly without her armor it would probably just slow her down. Snatching up the last CP-30 she grins a little, these little babies are hard to come by and would be a good e-weapon alternative to her BR.

Given her speciality is anti-armor she stocks up on armor piercing grenades, someone else can worry about a mixed load out. She knew her job was to crack the tough nuts. She grins sightly, Nutcracker would be a bad ass call sign both on the field and in the barracks. That would keep the more lecherous types at bay and wasn't as bad as Ball Buster or just plain old Bitch.

Smiling as she slaps in her clip and checks her gear over one more time she reports for duty.

"Ready for action Sarge."

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Notice 7, 9 if Visual
1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 if Visual

Common Knowledge 9
1d10 = 9 (9)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

Gear
1 CP-50 Dragonfire Laser Rifle
1 C-20 Laser Pistol
1 Vibro-Knife attached to the CP-50 as a Bayonet
1 Extra Vibro-Knife
2 Plasma Grenades (If available. If not, then he will grab two Frag Grenades

Run Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Vigor
1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


Logan hears the base alarm go off and he instantly has a flash back to that fateful day in training. He turns and takes off running, but quickly gets winded, hacking and coughing, but he refuses to stop or slow to a walk, so instead he settles for a pace that was about as fast as a power walk or slow jog. When he gets to the armory he hears Steelcreek and Grimes call out to him to help them and in turn them help him. Wright uses that time while suiting up in his personalized CA-4 armor (Tech Specialist) getting his breathing back under control. Logan sees Steelcreek looking at the armors like he had a choice (technically they did) and thought to himself Now is not the time to be trying out some armor I have not worn before. He scans his dog tags and goes to collect his weapons, grabbing a CP-50 before they all got taken, as well as some two full loads of HE grenade rounds, loading the first 12 immediately. He then decides to play a prank on Grimes, grabbing a CP-40 and placing a DO NOT PRESS button on the side of the shoulder stock before shoving it into Grimes' hands, slipping through the crowd over at the sidearm table and was thinking of grabbing a CP-30, but decided against it and grabbed a C-20 as the last CP-30 was taken. Looking up, he's surprised it's Brouchard expecting her and Colton to be suiting up in their power armors. As he is about to ask her why she wasn't getting suited up in her Mauler, he notices all of the power armor taken apart for maintenance, making him wince. It would have been nice to have had her, at the very least, out there in a Mauler. Damn! Wright then took one Vibro-Knife and mounted it on his Dragonfire then considers a Vibro-Sword on top of that before he realizes that he lacks sufficient strength to make the most out of it, so instead he takes another Vibro-Knife and put it on his belt. Finally, Logan went to the ordinance table and picked up 2 Plasma Grenades and put them in his grenade pouch. Finally, he takes the time to make sure that his CP-50 and C-20 both have E-clips in them as he fills his e-clip slots with two pistol sized e-clips and three rifle sized e-clips, loading his weapons as needed.

"Hey, do we have any intel on the threat, yet?" he calls out to whoever may know any information.

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle
Ammo: 0/60
Grenade: 0/2
Bennies: 5

Alts: Jitters 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Last edited by Logan Wright on Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


Raleigh Ray was in the process of walking backing back to his quarters, his hand pressed against the wall and and sliding along for support. He was exhausted, battered, and sore. "Death by broken pelvis... the only way to go." he mused to himself.

Just meters from the door and a few steps further to his bunk, the klaxons sounded and the Red Epsilon alert sounded. It took him a moment for it to register what that meant, and a heartbeat longer for the adrenaline to hit his blood stream. With a jolt he found himself scrambling for the armory with renewed vigor.

The first thing he went for was his trusty old suit of Mauler power armor. Sure, it was pretty beat up from the last time he used it, but she was to tough old broad! Surely he could count on her for one more fight! ... But ... when he got to his Mauler and saw it stripped down and torn apart, Raleigh Ray uttered a simple, "... hu...", recognizing that even he couldn't get it back together in the limited time they had available.

Hearing the voices of Bear 2 just beyond in the armory, he knew where he needed to go. When he arrived, Raleigh Ray saw that he wasn't the last to arrive for a change, which made him a little happy. It meant he wasn't late for the party.

As quickly as possible Raleigh Ray scanned in his tags and started requisitioning his gear, talking to his fellow soldiers who were in the way. "Uuuuh... Give me my CA-3... I'll take that CV-212... that vibro-bayonet... two HE grenades... and hand me that C-20." Rather than move, they did as Raleigh Ray asked, gathering his armor and assortment of weapons. "And give me a shit load of e-clips too." Raleigh Ray proceeded to suit up, load up his load-bearing gear, and report for duty. "PFC Colton, ready to rumble!"
Colton's Fevered Imagination
But when he reached for the C-20 laser pistol, Raleigh Ray interrupted him. "Wait-wait, hold up... What is that?" The simple Ozark boy pointed to the pistol next to the C-20 the supply clerk was reaching for just then. As the man moved his hand over to the older, obsolete weapon, Raleigh Ray's heart skipped a beat. "I don't know that that is, but I want it! And give me a shit load of e-clips too." Raleigh Ray proceeded to suit up, load up his load-bearing gear, and report for duty.

As the clerk pulled the ancient pistol from its storage nook, a few strands of cobweb stretched from behind it and eventually snapped clear. The clerk handed it to Raleigh Ray, who proceeded to wipe away some of the remaining dust and cobwebs to read the stamped letters on the side; it reading C-18. Not having the luxury of time to admire the old-school craftsmanship of the relic,
"PFC Colton, ready to rumble!"
GM Note: I said I'd let you find it later goob :P

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 4/4 (reset (with bonuses): May 10, 2018)
EP Ledger


Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 56
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)


When the alarms go off, Joe goes from having fun with his squad mates to serious right quick. Joe hustles from where he was at to the armory, and with sweat coming down from his brow. Joe looks at the remaining gear and starts grabbing items he's proficient with. Joe picks up a C-16A and sets it on his bench, before turning back and grabbing a pair of C-5 Pump Pistols and setting them next to the shotgun. Joe eyes the melee weapons on the rack and grabs a Vibro-Axe and a Vibro-Knife and sets them next to his other gear.

Joe quickly begins buckling on his armor, checking seals as he goes. Once the suit is on, Joe attaches the magnetized holsters for the C-5 pistols onto his thighs and affixes the Vibro-Knife to the bayonet lug on the shotgun. Reaching into his locker, Joe grabs his helmet and seals it in place. Snatching up the Vibro-Axe and Shotgun, Joe moves to the mustering ground. "PFC Marshal, reporting ma'am."

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 12g Slug: 16/16
2 C-5 Punp Pistols
Ammo: 5/5, 5/5
Vibro-Axe
Bennies: 3/3


Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Grimes is looking at the CP-40 with growing interest, the red bottom with do not press is ever calling to him. A nearby Sgt. gives Grimes a once over straightening his crooked helm and sealing his armor. the red button on the rifle does not escape his notice. The Sgt nods at Grimes saying, ”Your first Red Epsilon son?” Grimes nods and Sgt continues, ”Yeah I remember mine like it was yesterday. The bodies, the horrible sounds... Its not something I can forget.”. The Sgt points to a half hidden box of do not press buttons. ” I had a jokster in that squad too, he saved my life once or twice.” The Sgt exchanges rifles with Grimes, ” Here, take mine its the real McCoy...”

Grimes is floored on so many levels all he can say is, ” Uhh, Thanks I am Daryl Grimes...”

The Sgt chuckles holding up a hand, ”No need to thank me son, I know who you are and my name is Lloyd. Your family’s bakery has lifted my spirits throughout the years.” Grimes looks the Sgt name on his shirt it reads Sgt. Patron. While Grimes looks the rifle over the Sgt chuckles half joking, ” Just watch out for that black button... Its sort of your break glass...” Grimes flips the rifle around and spies the button the Sgt. was talking above. When Grimes looks up the man is gone and Grimes just sees Steelcreek looking as badass as one can get.

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 71
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice: 1d4 = 4 (4) Ace: 1d4 = 3 (3)Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


When the alarms start blaring, Klinger rushes to the Armory. He helps out Casanova and his room mate Solene getting into their armor. "I'll take a vibro knife, c-20, cp-40, three clips for the weapons, and two flash bangs." Klinger settles in with the armor and the weapons. "I need a med kit or two." The med kits are slung on his hips out of the way. "Bear Ten ready"

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 0


Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
"Thanks, Doc." Raleigh Ray said to Kinger, appreciative for the helping hand.

He returned the favor and helped Klinger get into his body armor, making sure all the hard to reach attachments, snaps, and buckels were properly fastened.

"You're good to go, Doc!" Raleigh Ray said to Klinger, giving him a reassuring slap on the back, hoping the tremble and unsteadyness in his own voice didn't betray the hidden fear welling up in his belly.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 4/4 (reset (with bonuses): May 10, 2018)
EP Ledger


Mon May 07, 2018 4:30 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
Code Red Epsilon - Attack on Bridgehead
Date: September 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1630
Temp: 75 degrees in the barracks. 90 degrees outside and sunny.
Weather: Clear, with fog over downtown in the distance
Ley Line info: Old Chicago is rife with ley lines, but Fort Resilience is one of the few areas with none within a mile of the base.
Location: Fort Resilience: Bear Platoon Armory
Roll20 Link: https://app.roll20.net/join/3312372/zu8qVw

As you all muster outside the armory, the Lt. and the other squad's Corporal locks it up as you all form into squads. Maddocs and Draper are the last two out. You see a few people staying there, working on getting the power armor back together, including the Sergeant Grimes spoke to earlier. Sergeant Lyra Dansk, the Platoon Sergeant of Bear Platoon, and squad leader of Bear Two, whistles loud enough to get everyone in Bear platoon's attention. "Alright boys and girls, stand to and cut the chatter. Ell Tee (LT) will bring us up to date. Quiet down!" Her well practiced command voice is immediately followed by everyone with even an ounce of sense.

Lt. Daniel Simms, commanding officer of Bear Platoon, and squad leader of Bear One, speaks up. "We are in the midst of a major assault by rift at the Bridgehead. Enemy forces so far include multiple large daemonix assault beasts, plus zealot piloted magical and technological robots. We expect forward assault forces in the form of flying and teleporting foes. Our job is to provide physical security for the artillery batteries that will be raining all manner of hell on their sorry asses. Intelligence has stated they have sighted a few squads of teleporter mobile infantry. If you see a magic user, you are to use all the force at your disposal to END them. Don't kill our people with friendly fire, but otherwise get it done. If someone goes down and has a better weapon than you, grab it. Your job is to kill as many of them as possible. Expect to be overrun and expect them to come in waves. We'll be spread out, so if a ranking officer on scene gives you an order, follow it unless Sergeant Dansk or I say otherwise. Let us fight your battles with the confusion of orders in combat. Otherwise, kill the enemy and follow orders." He looks to everyone, making sure they heard him and understood. He does not take questions.

"Alright, you know what I know. Bear Two, follow Dansk, Bear One, follow me. Dansk, you have installation Fifteen Charlie Two Delta. We'll be in Episilon, right next door. Move it out Bear! You want to live forever or something?!" With that he heads off at a good clip down the hall, followed by Bear One. Dansk waits a moment for him to head off. She turns to Draper and hands him a tablet. "Go to Admin Building Fourteen, Office 219 Bravo. Put this pad in the hands of Godmother and get your sorry ass to Artillery Building Fifteen Charlie, and to the Two Delta Artillery Control center. Move it double time!! Take Maddocs with you. Everyone else, follow me." Draper and Maddocs head off one way while Dansk heads off another, running down the halls. Even those among you with a good sense of direction get turned around a little.*

(Map forthcoming, for now just give me your thoughts and any chatter as you run to to the artillery control room and its loading and ammunition storage facility).

Sense of Direction
*If you have Survival D6 or Streetwise d6 you can keep up and know where you are going and how to get back.
Benny Bonanza!
Added Bennies:
Grimes - 1 Benny
Bouchard - 1 Benny
Steelcreek - 2 Bennies
Klinger - GM Benny
Draper - GM Benny
Maddocs - GM Benny
Wright - 1 Benny
Colton - 1 Benny
Marshal - 3 Bennies

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Tue May 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Notice 1
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)

Common Knowledge 7
1d10 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)


When Sgt. Dansk summons them to her, Logan hustles over and falls in quietly, coming to attention when the LT quickly briefs them. As the LT briefs them, forces himself to pay attention as his mind drifts back to that fateful day. It was a day much like today, he ruefully thought to himself before forcing himself to refocus on the LT. Wright tries to remember where the Bridgehead is in relation to where they were, and feels like he has a reasonably good guess what direction and how far they were from it. After Bear One falls out to follow the LT, Wright prepares himself to keep pace with the sergeant, and watches with curious eyes her giving Draper a tablet with orders to take it to Godmother and beat feet back to them. He follows Dansk as she leads them through the building, and he quickly becomes lost in the maze of hallways and offices when as you run through the halls, a distant explosion sounds and then a light above you explodes, probably from an overload. Wright happens to be looking right at it (roll Technical Difficulties 1d6 = 5 (5)).

Sparks shower all over the place as Wright's photoreceptors of his cybernetic eyes happened to have looking right at the electrical overload which in turn caused them to painfully overload, but Logan grits his teeth and refuses to shout out in the pain he's feeling in his skull. If anyone asks, Wright tells them "I'm ok, I'm fine." Logan still follows the group, but a little more cautiously as he has to interpret what he's seeing due to the fact that he's seeing a ghost image of the ceiling when the sparks cascaded down around them. He'll fall back next to Klinger in formation and ask him in a voice low enough that he doesn't attract too much attention while still being heard "Something tells me that you can't do field repairs on cybernetics, can you?" Once they get to their destination, he'll take up a position that doesn't have many blind spots, or where ever he's told.

Vigor to fake being alright 7
1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6+6 = 7 (1)

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle
Ammo: 0/60
Grenade: 0/2
Bennies: 5

Alts: Jitters 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Tue May 08, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Notice 14
1d8 = 8 (8) Ace 1d8 = 6 (6) 1d6 = 1 (1)


Bouchard falls in and follows Dansk to their position. Once in place she surveys the area trying to quickly ascertain the best defensive positions and probable route of enemy approach. Of course, standard doctrine doesn't really apply when the enemy can teleport at will. Frustrated by the situation, she changes tracks and tries to find a palce that gives her the most sight lines while still maintaining cover. While they would need to look out, they would also have to scan inside their perimeter as well.

Shouting to Steelcreek she tries not to be too spurious, "Can your mutant brain sense teleporting beings before they arrive? Otherwise we have to look everywhere all at once."

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Thu May 10, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)

Survival at d6 level, not to get lost (no roll needed?)


As the corporal gave Bear Two the particulars of the emergency as best he knew it, Raleigh Ray reached into one of his utility pouches and pulled out a can of his dip packs. Goin' to have to be frosty today... flavor the day best be Frosty Mint he thought to himself. As he opened the can and popped the dip pack in his mouth, the Ozark boy noticed his hands were slightly trembling. He thought he'd be used to combat by now... He then realized he'd never get used to the idea of his life being on the line on a regular basis like this.

When the quick debriefing was over Raleigh Ray proceeded to go to installation Fifteen Charlie Two Delta with the others, falling in line behind Sergeant Dansk and his team. As he went along, his mind took note of the various landmarks along the way, internally making a map to reference should he need to run this way again... Possibly in a hasty retreat should things go terribly wrong.

Raleigh Ray needed a diversion of some kind, even if only momentarily take his mind off the terrible things that laid in wait for him on the fiels of battle up ahead. Fortunately for him, fate obliged.

Logan Wright wrote:
... a distant explosion sounds and then a light above you explodes, probably from an overload. ... Sparks shower all over the place as Wright's photoreceptors of his cybernetic eyes happened to have looking right at the electrical overload ... He'll fall back next to Klinger in formation and ask him in a voice low enough that he doesn't attract too much attention while still being heard "Something tells me that you can't do field repairs on cybernetics, can you?"


"I don't know about what Doc can do for ya..." Raleigh Ray chimed in, relieved for the momentary change off topic. "... but I bet I could fix 'em with a loose wire, and e-clip, and a broken whiskey bottle... Clear, not that brown or blue shit. ... Maybe a spec of duct tape too."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 4/4 (reset (with bonuses): May 10, 2018)
EP Ledger


Fri May 11, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Notice Crit Fail
Notice 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


Steelcreek feels right at home as they head to artillery control. As a spotter, he spent plenty of time getting familiarized with this part of the base, and he keeps up easily.

We're on defense, he thinks shakily. He's never really been on defense before: he's a hunter, bred from a line of hunters, and he is unaccustomed to waiting for an enemy. And I can't even call in the guns for support, because that's the whole point.

Common Knowledge 14
Smarts 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace! 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

As they go, Jaren pulls up his mental map of the facility, making note of the best places to hide or make a stand and trying to remember anything that might give them an edge.

Serious Problem With Optics Glasses
Tech Difficultly 1d6 = 4 (4)
Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it's used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.


A light above them explodes and Steelcreek’s glasses start to act up, one lens flickering annoyingly. He takes them off with a sigh and stows them. I have the worst luck with optics...

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Sun May 13, 2018 6:11 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Did, someone say kill? Man I got to get out to some kind of peace core. Doesn’t the CS have some kind of unit that goes out with blankets and food?. Grimes trudges along, flowing Steelcreek. Man, does that psi-stalker have a side that doesn’t look badass. Grimes is clearly struggling heaving the rifle, and once he gets to where he is going he sets it down, pulling out his much lighter pistol. He munches on a cupcake and puts his head down like he was told to back in basic. But he does keep one eye out for some kind of supernatural rukus because there is a difference betweeen pacifist and a stupid pacifist.
Notice 8
Notice: Go Dice Roll! 1d8 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Sun May 13, 2018 6:54 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Solène Bouchard wrote:
Notice 14
Original post: 1d8 = 8 (8) Ace Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6) Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Bouchard falls in and follows Dansk to their position. Once in place she surveys the area trying to quickly ascertain the best defensive positions and probable route of enemy approach. Of course, standard doctrine doesn't really apply when the enemy can teleport at will. Frustrated by the situation, she changes tracks and tries to find a palce that gives her the most sight lines while still maintaining cover. While they would need to look out, they would also have to scan inside their perimeter as well.

Shouting to Steelcreek she tries not to be too spurious, "Can your mutant brain sense teleporting beings before they arrive? Otherwise we have to look everywhere all at once."


Mutant brain? Well, at least she seems to kind of be trying? Steelcreek shakes his head before realizing she’s probably not looking at him. ”Negative. I can sense magic as soon as it’s used, but not before.”

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Raleigh Ray Colton wrote:
Logan Wright wrote:
... a distant explosion sounds and then a light above you explodes, probably from an overload. ... Sparks shower all over the place as Wright's photoreceptors of his cybernetic eyes happened to have looking right at the electrical overload ... He'll fall back next to Klinger in formation and ask him in a voice low enough that he doesn't attract too much attention while still being heard "Something tells me that you can't do field repairs on cybernetics, can you?"


"I don't know about what Doc can do for ya..." Raleigh Ray chimed in, relieved for the momentary change off topic. "... but I bet I could fix 'em with a loose wire, an e-clip, and a broken whiskey bottle... Clear, not that brown or blue shit. ... Maybe a spec of duct tape too."


"Absolutely out of the question! You are NOT coming near my eyes with a loose wire, an e-clip, and ANY sort of bottle of alcohol!" Wright emphatically replied.

Steelcreek wrote:
Solène Bouchard wrote:
Notice 14
Original post: 1d8 = 8 (8) Ace Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6) Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Bouchard falls in and follows Dansk to their position. Once in place she surveys the area trying to quickly ascertain the best defensive positions and probable route of enemy approach. Of course, standard doctrine doesn't really apply when the enemy can teleport at will. Frustrated by the situation, she changes tracks and tries to find a palce that gives her the most sight lines while still maintaining cover. While they would need to look out, they would also have to scan inside their perimeter as well.

Shouting to Steelcreek she tries not to be too spurious, "Can your mutant brain sense teleporting beings before they arrive? Otherwise we have to look everywhere all at once."


Mutant brain? Well, at least she seems to kind of be trying? Steelcreek shakes his head before realizing she’s probably not looking at him. ”Negative. I can sense magic as soon as it’s used, but not before.”


"Just how far out can you sense magic being used, Steelcreek?" Logan inquired.

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle
Ammo: 0/60
Grenade: 0/2
Bennies: 5

Alts: Jitters 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Sun May 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Logan Wright wrote:
"Just how far out can you sense magic being used, Steelcreek?" Logan inquired.


”As far as I can reach with any of my other senses. Magic gives off an aura that I can feel, more than anything. It’s difficult to explain.”

“As for teleporters, they typically have jump by line of sight. We won’t know when they’re coming, but we can guess more or less where they’ll be going.”

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon May 14, 2018 4:20 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Steelcreek wrote:
“As for teleporters, they typically have jump by line of sight. We won’t know when they’re coming, but we can guess more or less where they’ll be going.”


"Well that's something," Bouchard responds, obviously unimpressed at how little help the psi-stalker can be at the moment. Why tolerate them if they are not use?. Grunt she waves a hand at Steelcreek, "At least show us where they might appear and we can set up kill zones."

Marking each entry point, Soene looks for a good places to set up. Then she tries to consider how someone who can teleport might totally upend the tactical situation. Looking above and behind her for alternative spots, fall back positions, and potential bland spots. She sighs heavily as she tries to think like a magic users, It's so alien to human experience to consider this. No wonder magic warps the mind.

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
Code Red Epsilon - Attack on Bridgehead
Date: September 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1635
Temp: 75 degrees in the control center. 90 degrees outside and sunny.
Weather: Clear, with fog over downtown in the distance
Ley Line info: Old Chicago is rife with ley lines, but Fort Resilience is one of the few areas with none within a mile of the base.
Location: Fort Resilience: Bear Platoon Armory
Roll20 Link: https://app.roll20.net/join/3312372/zu8qVw

As Bear-2 arrives at the control center, they see no one around. "Damn," swears Dansk, "I was hoping we wouldn't beat the people on liberty back to their own posting. Now I have to note it. Let's see if Sergeant Vinco is here. He's supposed to be on watch today."

She looks around. "Klinger, you're on door duty. You've got the uprated IFF already. I just unlocked it so you can see outside our command structure. Verify everyone before you let them through. Face masks up, retinal scan, voice print authentication, the whole nine yards. Piss them off and send them my way with complaints. They should have beat us back. If I call for you, beat feet to my location for orders. I'll be in the control center. Through the bay, turn left, first big doorway on the left."

"Rest of you will pair off. Colton and Wright you're to go check on the status of the landing pad and make sure the door is secured - both the big door and the smaller access door. Grimes and Steelcreek, you're to do a sweep of the loading center below us. That ladder behind you will provide the quickest access. The elevator is as slow as waiting on a long hair dogboy to wash its fur. Marshal and Bouchard, you're with me. Once I meet with the watch, go check communications and get us linked to their net. Then I want you to sweep this floor. I just enabled your suit computers to be able to authorize a link up. Clock is ticking folks. I want to circle back in five. Sooner if you hear from me. Be thinking of where we can place ourselves for maximum coverage and security."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Notice and Detect Arcana 10
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


High Command wrote:
"Rest of you will pair off. Colton and Wright you're to go check on the status of the landing pad and make sure the door is secured - both the big door and the smaller access door. Grimes and Steelcreek, you're to do a sweep of the loading center below us. That ladder behind you will provide the quickest access. The elevator is as slow as waiting on a long hair dogboy to wash its fur. Marshal and Bouchard, you're with me. Once I meet with the watch, go check communications and get us linked to their net. Then I want you to sweep this floor. I just enabled your suit computers to be able to authorize a link up. Clock is ticking folks. I want to circle back in five. Sooner if you hear from me. Be thinking of where we can place ourselves for maximum coverage and security."


Steelcreek gives a nod and a quick "hooah" to indicate he has received and understood his orders and taps Grimes on the shoulder. "Let's go, Grimesy. Down the hole."

Moving over to the ladder, Steelcreek secures his rifle and starts climbing.

Weird that they aren't here. Those guys are always hanging around their control center.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Steelcreek wrote:
Notice and Detect Arcana 10
Notice Original post: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Original post: 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


High Command wrote:
"Rest of you will pair off. Colton and Wright you're to go check on the status of the landing pad and make sure the door is secured - both the big door and the smaller access door. Grimes and Steelcreek, you're to do a sweep of the loading center below us. That ladder behind you will provide the quickest access. The elevator is as slow as waiting on a long hair dogboy to wash its fur. Marshal and Bouchard, you're with me. Once I meet with the watch, go check communications and get us linked to their net. Then I want you to sweep this floor. I just enabled your suit computers to be able to authorize a link up. Clock is ticking folks. I want to circle back in five. Sooner if you hear from me. Be thinking of where we can place ourselves for maximum coverage and security."


Steelcreek gives a nod and a quick "hooah" to indicate he has received and understood his orders and taps Grimes on the shoulder. "Let's go, Grimesy. Down the hole."

Moving over to the ladder, Steelcreek secures his rifle and starts climbing.

Weird that they aren't here. Those guys are always hanging around their control center.


Grimes looks up at Steelcreek and wipes the frosting off his mouth. It was a bit yellow and smelt like lemon sweet creme. Grimes sighs inwardly his brow sweat stinging his eyes. I really should have gotten more sleep.
A few days ago
The Sargeant, a tall buldging fellow looks down at Grimes. The noon day sun is beating down on Grimes scalding his skin and soaking his face. The Sergeant yells, ” What are you going to do Mutie, just lie there and cry about it? You might be hot, you might be exhausted, but you will muster and pick up that fucking rifle or I will break every bone in your hand.” The Sarg steps on Grimes’ right hand punctuating the point and leans in right to Grimes grimacing sweaty face. The Sarges voice was low and confidential. He points to another soldier running along the track. ” You see that trooper? Artillery specialist 1st class Tommy Bowzer... We call him the sprinkler because he makes it rain fucking pain. If you do not pick up that rifle I will shoot him while he catches his Zs later tonight.”
A million and three thoughts go through Grime’s head, but only one action surfaces. Grimes grits through the pain and yells, ” Sir, yes Sir.. Grimes pulls his hand free from the bood scrapping and scuffing it. Its quick to bleed but Grimes just gathers the gun and stands. ”Ready to keep on trucking sir!”
The Sargeant looks up at the sun, its light glinting of his glasses. He laughs, ” The Colonial was right about you Grimes. Grab your gun and get back to it.”

Grimes looks down at his hand and flexes it. Grimes wipes his brow and snaps his helmet shut. Hooya Sir, peace is my profession. He holsters his pistol and picks up the heavy rifle. ” Got your back Steelcreek... Do you know any of these derelict Altillery troopers? I got a bad feeling about them... The kind of feeling that ends up being zombies.”
Notice 4 and 6 for traps, stealth 8
Notice 1d8 = 4 (4) wild 1d6 = 4 (4)+2 notice for traps
Stealth 1d6 = 5 (5) wild 1d6 = 3 (3)+3 stealth


As Grimes follows Steelcreek he visually scans the corridors and ladder shoot for traps, and instinctivly quiets his footfalls. During the sweep he smartly uses cover and when appropriate goes low during their two man action.

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update

As the pair descend, they find themselves in rather cramped quarters. They circle around behind the lower end of the elevator and emerge into a decent sized area with more crates of artillery ammo, including on that is open showing the huge shells. Four gunnery specialists come out from behind where an auto loader's magazine lies open. They jump a bit at the site of the sight of the two soldiers from Bear Company. "Shit you surprised us. Dan you guys are quiet." It is Tech Specialist 1st Class Tommy Bowser who speaks. Because of the way the technical specialist ranks work, Bowser is the equivalent of a Sergeant in terms of pay and responsibility within his department, but he still answers to any Corporal, much less Sergeant. It is a very specific line of rank that never ends up with a soldier seeing any real command beyond their specialty. "Wait, Grimes right? Saw Sergeant Haskins putting you through that extra training the other day. Looked rough, but being trained by special forces is no joke. Anyway, what are you guys doing down here?" When the pair answers, he nods. "Good, half our guys were on leave at an off-site location. They are booking it back in. We got enough to fire the gun all day long and keep it loaded, but our extras we keep for security just aren't available. Hey, you're Steelcreek, aren't you? Good seeing you again. Glad to know we have a spotter here. If comm traffic gets too much they may have you relay targeting info to the targeting techs upstairs. Make sure you check in with Sergeant Vinco. Not often we get folks familiarized with our process as security forces."

They show them around the area below and it takes all of a minute to complete the sweep, as well as check IDs. Afterwards they head back upstairs to rendezvous with Dansk.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 56
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 17 K/Electronics 11
Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Knowledge: Electronics: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Knowledge: Electronics Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)


Joe hustles with the others in an effort to make it to the Artillery Battery. Once there Joe listens to Dansk give the rundown as to their orders. "Hold the Arty until backup comes, sounds easy enough... not going to be of course, but sounds easy." Joe says sarcastically, before hearing her next set of orders.

Dansk wrote:
"...Marshal and Bouchard, you're with me. Once I meet with the watch, go check communications and get us linked to their net. Then I want you to sweep this floor. I just enabled your suit computers to be able to authorize a link up. Clock is ticking folks. I want to circle back in five. Sooner if you hear from me. Be thinking of where we can place ourselves for maximum coverage and security."


Joe nods at Dansk. "Yes ma'am." Joe says before heading off to do as he was told. Check Comms, get linked. Sounds easy enough. Joe thinks as he rushes into the Comm Station. Looking at the Communications Station, and anyone nearby. "Need to get Bear 2 linked to the local chatter."

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 12g Slug: 16/16
2 C-5 Punp Pistols
Ammo: 5/5, 5/5
Vibro-Axe
Bennies: 3/3


Tue May 15, 2018 12:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Knowledge (Electronics) 8
K: Electronics 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)


Am I a comtech now? Bouchard wonders at the command to establish a link up. It was basic enough, and she let Marshal take the lead. He seemed to know what he was doing. Satisfied everything looks solid she nods to him, cocking her battle rifle and chambering a round, "Time to sweep the floor." Heading out in a standard two-man sweep she looks for anyone or anything out of ordinary. I swear to Prosek, if any magic users pop out at me there will be some much blood it'll be time to mop the floor.

As the approach the first hallway she signals Marshal that she'll cover his advance.

Let's do this.

Notice 4
Notice 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Tue May 15, 2018 3:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Notice 4
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Visual Based Check negated by -2 Technical Difficulties

Common Knowledge 10
1d10 = 4 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)


High Command wrote:
"Rest of you will pair off. Colton and Wright you're to go check on the status of the landing pad and make sure the door is secured - both the big door and the smaller access door. Grimes and Steelcreek, you're to do a sweep of the loading center below us. That ladder behind you will provide the quickest access. The elevator is as slow as waiting on a long hair dogboy to wash its fur. Marshal and Bouchard, you're with me. Once I meet with the watch, go check communications and get us linked to their net. Then I want you to sweep this floor. I just enabled your suit computers to be able to authorize a link up. Clock is ticking folks. I want to circle back in five. Sooner if you hear from me. Be thinking of where we can place ourselves for maximum coverage and security."


"Come one Colton, lets go!" Wright exclaims as the two pair off and head to the hallway that leads to the landing pad. As the go, Logan performs a internal system check on his cybernetic eyes and finds that while things are not as clear as he's become used to, his vision is still at the very least 20/20. "Hey, just to let you know, don't worry about my eyes. they're not as bad as I had first thought they were. It's just been awhile since I didn't have super sharp image processing."

Once they get in the hallway, Logan takes cover behind some crates while Colton stands in the middle of the hall. Wright shoves him to the other side then looks down the hallway with his CP-50 at the ready, all the while talking to Colton saying "I'm going to advance forward while you cover me. Once I get to the doors, I'll cover you so you can advance." Logan waits to move forward until Colton acknowledges or declines the battle plan.

Concerning the person just north of Wright and Colton
I think that is Sgt. Dansk, but there is no character sheet/picture of her that I could find, so if I don't recognize who that is without a name, this is what Wright is going to do.

Upon seeing the stranger in the hallway leading to the landing pad, Logan aims his rifle at her and shouts "Halt! Who goes there? Put your hands where we can see them and proceed to be identified, and don't even think about using any magic otherwise I will shoot to kill!"

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle
Ammo: 0/60
Grenade: 0/2
Bennies: 5

Alts: Jitters 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
(rolls held, Notice/Detect Arcana 10)

High Command wrote:
GM Mini Update

As the pair descend, they find themselves in rather cramped quarters. They circle around behind the lower end of the elevator and emerge into a decent sized area with more crates of artillery ammo, including on that is open showing the huge shells. Four gunnery specialists come out from behind where an auto loader's magazine lies open. They jump a bit at the site of the sight of the two soldiers from Bear Company. "Shit you surprised us. Dan you guys are quiet." It is Tech Specialist 1st Class Tommy Bowser who speaks. Because of the way the technical specialist ranks work, Bowser is the equivalent of a Sergeant in terms of pay and responsibility within his department, but he still answers to any Corporal, much less Sergeant. It is a very specific line of rank that never ends up with a soldier seeing any real command beyond their specialty.

"Hey, you're Steelcreek, aren't you? Good seeing you again. Glad to know we have a spotter here. If comm traffic gets too much they may have you relay targeting info to the targeting techs upstairs. Make sure you check in with Sergeant Vinco. Not often we get folks familiarized with our process as security forces."

They show them around the area below and it takes all of a minute to complete the sweep, as well as check IDs. Afterwards they head back upstairs to rendezvous with Dansk.


Steelcreek gives a nod to the Tech Specialist, a little surprised to be recognized. "Specialist Bowser.” After a moment's hesitation (he doesn't want to sound like a jerk), he adds, ”As much as I’d like to check in with Sergeant Vinco, looks like he’s not back yet. Was he with the other guys off-site?”

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
Bowser looks confused. "Offsite? I just talked to him on the comm system. He's in the control room."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
High Command wrote:
Bowser looks confused. "Offsite? I just talked to him on the comm system. He's in the control room."


Steelcreek swears under his breath. Mental magic or just a miscommunication?

Jumping on the radio, he says, Be advised, we've got a soldier down here who says he just spoke with Sergeant Vinco over comms and that the sergeant should be in the control room. He suddenly show up, up there?

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
GM mini Update

Solene, Joe, and Sergeant Dansk walk into the control room and see two men in body armor but no helmets, though both have on headsets for comms. One of them, a sergeant with an IFF that reads Vinco, has a tablet attached to his left arm by a special mount. He nods to Dansk. "Sergeant," he nods to her. "You must be our security team. I'm John Vinco, this is Corporal Slattery. Got Specialist Bowser and his team down in the loading pit, and Specialist Nichols over in Comms. Bare bones, but we have enough for firing operations. Spotters have reported multiple magic users, and at least two teleporters, possibly more. Worst news is the rest of our team was out on a team building exercise out near the practice range. They were getting cross trained as spotters. So instead of sending them back, they sent them to the Bridgehead to act as spotters and reinforce the position there. So we're it. If I lose people, firing efficiency drops. I could use another hand in the control room."

Dansk shakes her head. "I will never understand putting people away from their specialties. But that's fine. I'll be your huckleberry. Marshal, until Draper gets back, you're to assume command. Bouchard, you're his second. Organize a defense and cover the entry points. Once you link up with Nichols in comms, get out there and hold that main door."

Slattery looks to Joe and Solene. "Hey, the door has firing points for rifles and has a pair of automated guns up top on the outside. Basically a skelebot brain on a C-40. Should be able to hold them for a while, at least till they blow the door. Once they start bringing in the heavy firepower on the door, you need to back off and let the rail guns fire until they go down with the door. There's two automated rail guns more in the back of the main loading bay out there. Problem is they are all the time doubling up on targets. Good on big boys, bad when they both focus on a 100 pound elf with a rifle." Both immediately think of Colton and his implant. Given how it works with both skelebots and the engineering robots, it'd probably work with the automated turrets.

They walk through and Nichols greets them. As a Specialist, second grade, he is also about the same as a Sergeant in terms of pay, but outside of normal command ranks. He quickly links them into the bunker comm net, as well as the control channels for all the automated systems, such as doors, loaders, and the automated guns. They then move through the rest of the bunker, double checking it is enemy.

"Steelcreek, that's confirmed. I told you I was heading to check in with Sergeant Vinco. Anyway, once you're done down there, head back up here. Find Marshal and Bouchard, they've got temporary command while I liaise in the control center. Klinger, send Draper my way when he shows up. You and Maddox move to backup Colton and Wright. Then lock down the doors, because no one should be coming. The rest of the control team got redirected in the field. Everyone, Marshal has command until I send Draper to you. Bouchard is his second. We are now linked to the bunker comm traffic. Use channel 2 for bunker wide comms, and channel 3 for direct to command communication."

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Grimes nods to Bowser, ”Yeah training is tough, but if you don’t put in the work... Lets get you to a Sprinkler so you can do your job, heh?” He seems, like he is a friend...
The Computer
”Coming on line Daryl... Interface in Process... Processing... Processing...” Daryl feels a sharp pain, brief and forgettable in the back of his neck.
What? Who is there?
” I am your on board interface Dayrl Grimes... I am here at the request of High Command, to assist you so that you survive what is to come.”
How, who, what?
” I am sure you have many questions, but right now you need to know the soldiers in your immidiate vicinity register as friendly soldiers. I have their IFF frequencies in my database and they appear to be free of mind control and tampering.”
Thanks, I guess?
” You are welcome Daryl. If you are able to get me within a close proximity to the rest of your unit I can verify that they are who they seem to be.”
Ok... Ok... Talking computer, no problem. Lets use some caution.
” Yes Daryl, caution is advised when you search for Marshall and Bouchard... And please use the ladder as the ducts are far too small for practical purposes.”
Can you hear my thoughts?


Daryl Grimes seems to stop moving for about 10 seconds and then he is back to normal, ” Ok what is the play? I need to get close enough to confirm their friendly ID signature with... Anyway lets get up there with caution. I have heard tales of mind control shapshifting wizards... I would say lets crawl through the ventelation system, but I got a feeling they are way to tight of a space. The ladder looks nice and comfy though. Reminds of the time my great Aunt fell down trying to get a bag of suger off the tippy top shelf of the bakery.”
Notice 4, Stealth 8
Notice 1d8 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
Stealth 1d6+3 = 8 (5) wild 1d6+3 = 4 (1)

Grimes goes up the ladder lugging his gear looking arround, and letting his footfalls disapear. He does the same two man action with Steelcreek going low if need be. The computer takes note, recording it all...

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Shaking her head at being assigned to lead, Bouchard defers to Marshall. Better to have him giving orders and me just kicking asses to get them followed.

Knowledge (Electronics) 5
K/Electronics 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


"Marshal. Maybe we should get Colton jacked into those rail guns. He's got that hole in his head and is slightly smarter than a skelebot. Might give us a tactical advantage once the doors are breached. We need to set-up firing positions for when the door system fails, lots of obstacles and pre-determined fallback positions. Teleporters means no direction of egress is really safe but we need to have a solid plan, even if we have to flex it later."

Having said enough, she tags along with Joe until he decides what to do.

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Rolls --- Notice 6 -- K-Engineering 5 -- Repair 8
Notice 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

To check on the doors and take action if need be.
K/Engineering 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

To evaluate the doors' condition
Repair 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


High Command wrote:
"Rest of you will pair off. Colton and Wright you're to go check on the status of the landing pad and make sure the door is secured - both the big door and the smaller access door. ...."


"Gotcha', Ma'am!" Raleigh Ray nervously blurted out. Having already sucked all the flavor out of his dip pack, he was in nervous need of some kind of relief. He hopes he might be able to find it in his work.

Logan Wright wrote:
"Come one Colton, lets go!"


Answering in reply with a single nod of his head, Raleigh Ray went side by side with his partner Wright to the landing pad area. He held his CV-212 rifle close to his chest, much like a child clinging closely to his teddy bear for protection against the monsters in his closet.

Logan Wright wrote:
"Hey, just to let you know, don't worry about my eyes. they're not as bad as I had first thought they were. It's just been awhile since I didn't have super sharp image processing."


"Okay, but I think I did see a beer bottle along the way. Jus' say the word and I'll get you lookin' crystal clear once again." Raleigh Ray was only halfway joking. Though he didn't actually see a beer bottle in the facility, he was reasonably confident he could get the job done and fix Wright's mechanical eyes. Maybe it was his authentic talent... maybe it was his overwhelming hubris and ego... There was only one way to find out.

Logan Wright wrote:
Once they get in the hallway, Logan takes cover behind some crates while Colton stands in the middle of the hall. Wright shoves him to the other side then looks down the hallway with his CP-50 at the ready, all the while talking to Colton saying "I'm going to advance forward while you cover me. Once I get to the doors, I'll cover you so you can advance." Logan waits to move forward until Colton acknowledges or declines the battle plan.


'Oh my God', Raleigh Ray thought to himself. '... This is, like, real soldiering shit! I bet tacti'cool shit like this gets Bouchard all wet in the pants.'

Taking up a covering position, Raleigh Ray pointed his weapon down the hallway, ready to blast at the first sign of d-bee or magic activity. "Got ya covered. Go!"

The two proceeded to leap-frog forward down the hallway, making progress towards the landing pad. Eventually, they reached their destination. Once there, Raleigh Ray wasted no time getting started checking on the two doors; looking at their status and condition.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 4/4 (reset (with bonuses): May 10, 2018)
EP Ledger


Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1287
Reply with quote
Code Red Epsilon - Attack on Bridgehead
Date: September 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 1645
Temp: 75 degrees in the control center. 90 degrees outside and sunny.
Weather: Clear, with fog over downtown in the distance
Ley Line info: Old Chicago is rife with ley lines, but Fort Resilience is one of the few areas with none within a mile of the base.
Location: Artillery Control
Roll20 Link: https://app.roll20.net/join/3312372/zu8qVw

Colton is able to reset Steelcreek's glasses with ease, and Klinger manages to reset Wright's cybernetic eyes without doing surgery simply by triggering a dagnostic mode with a tool in his medical kit. (TD results neutralized - you're welcome) Klinger moves back to guard the entry door from the base, if only to have someone with eyes on it. He also sets the area up nearby as a triage station.

The group sets up at the door. They find the ammo crates weigh far too much to be moved without the proper equipment. They do manage to move two crates in front of the doors to the control center doors, which are locked down. The doors in the back are also locked down, but not blocked. Colton links up with the rail gun turrets, inside and out. Everyone takes up position at the door. The firing ports are similar to that of a Mark V APC in that the rifle mounts into a harness that the rifle is easily pulled from, but that it stays put and maintains environmental seal. A camera moves with the rifle and provides a good view of the area being fired on and this automatically is displayed on a screen in front of them or in their HUDS.

And so it is that when the first enemies begin appearing in clusters on the landing pad outside, the group is ready. Withering railgun fire starts up automatically. A collection of Brodkil, including several with cybernetics are among the first combatants to enter the fray. The mages teleporting in avoid engaging and teleport in and out.

Savage Quick Combat: HOld the DOoR!
Scene Modifier (-4) There are literally dozens of brodkil popping in every 4 rounds. Some of them are packing heavy ranged weapons, and all can affect the door in close combat. The door will come down, it's a question of when. There were also 10 minutes before the first enemies arrived during which time you could have prepared a welcome for any enemies that make it through the door. In that case your resource will be 1 grenade.

Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 10 rounds or one grenade (if setting traps). Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: you must have the resources to spend them.
  • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 (rounded down) the resources. However, your character receives a free soak roll versus any wounds taken from failure.
  • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
  • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
  • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.

Quick Combat Roll:
  • Critical Failure (-1): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 2 wounds. In addition he accidentally inhibits another players efforts reducing the number of successes for the group by 1. (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.)
  • Failure (+0): The soldier is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 1 Wound as the main door comes down (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.)
  • Success (+1): The soldier fights well and adds +1 to success to his team’s efforts. He adds 1 success to his side’s battle. Though the dangers of the battle put him at risk of receiving a serious wound. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no penalties) as the main door comes down, Failure he suffers a wound, on success he suffers no wound.
  • Raise (+2): The soldier wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured as the main door comes down. In addition you gain a Benny
  • Two or More Raises (+3): The soldier covers himself in glory! Many foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 (or more) to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed as the main door comes down. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered. In addition you gain a Benny, or things lined up well for you, your character was able to conserve resources more than expected, as a result regain half of the resources spent for this roll, if you don't take the bennie.

Note: As the last thing you do for your post, log into Roll20 and place your character in the cover of your choice in the main cargo bay there.

One Success - no one dies, but folks gain no benefit from being in cover the first round.
Five successes - You hold the line long enough for everyone to be in cover
Ten successes - Not only is everyone in cover, but you all gain a +1 to your next roll.
Fifteen successes - In addition you reduce my GM benny pool by one if the total number of successes is 15, plus one for every success over that. To a maximum of 5.

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Reply with quote
Shooting (Serious Business 8)
Shooting 1d10-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

Extra Effort: 1d6-2 = 3 (5)


A single point of entry. Explosive traps. In this scenario Bouchard only has one job, lay down fire. While taking down as many as she can is important she recognizes it is also important to funnel the enemy into the various traps. To that end she focuses on keeping them from breaking off to the sides. From her position well back of the door she picks off any Brodkil who try to leave the main mob. The narrow hallways making it easier, but their demonic hides making scoring a kill much harder. Some of them even have cybernetics, giving them even more survivability.

Eventually one vreaks free and begins moving fast, soon others follow in its wake. Unwilling to let them bypass the kill zone Solene rolls out from behind cover, coming up on one knee and spraying the lot of them with automatic fire. The ballistic weapon sends them diving for cover. As they move Bouchard switches fire, keying in on one at a time taking lethal head shots. The accuracy of her fire forces them to keep their heads down. It was only a matter of time before more joined them and she would be forced to pull back, but for now she was keeping them pinned.

_________________
Signature
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Fri May 18, 2018 11:10 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Conserve your ammo for the real fight, kn demo 10, 2 successes
Kn demo 1d4-6 = -4 (2) wild 1d6-6 = 0 (6) Ace 1d6 = 3 (3) Benny for EF with Elan 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


Looks like they got the front door covered.

Bomb Training
Captain of the Jokers dumps his cigar on Grimes who is crouched looking intently at a fusion block. The Captains voice is hard and mean,” Well Mutie, did you just kill us all?” The Captain chuckles and nods to his men who are searching the building for any D-bees and other boobytraps. He knocks the Cigar on Grimes’ head, ” Mutie, I asked you a goddamn question, now are we all going to die?”
Grimes focuses intently on the device. Its counter is ticking down and the ash stinging his eyes is not helping. A lot of thoughts hit Grimes at this moment but with crystal conviction he just says firmly, ”Sir, no Sir! If anything the sweet stench of your cigar will ensure our survival! Sir!” Grimes reaches into the bombs casing with his pliers and snips the red wire. The counter stops... Grimes wipes his face and looks up at the Captain smiling.

The Captain of the Jokers looks out the nearby open balcony, its a good 30 foot drop down to the ground. He smiles at Grimes in a none too friendly way, ” Wipe that fucking grin off your face Mutie, you think there is only ever going to be one bomb?” The captain gets right into Grimes’ sweaty face, ” Listen to me good you fucking puke, bombs and traps are all about mis direction, why make a goddamn bomb so obvious, why make it big with a sign saying I am fucking here? Its so you get a wet behind his ears fucker like you grinning like you because he thinks he saved the day!” The captain reaches into the floor boards the two are standing on and pulls out as micro fusion anit personel mine, ” Did you see this one, did you see this one!!” The Captain grabs Grimes but the scuff of his neck and pins the micro bomb to Grimes uniform activating it. ” That is a MFAP Mk II, any sudden imacts and it goes off, Kaboom this world is rid of a goddamn baker.” Still gripping hold of Grimes in a head lock he drags him to the edge of the balcony, ” Its a 30ft drop mutie, no tools, I’d say you got 5 seconds to mcgyver yourself out of this predicament. Even if you do manage it you’ll probably break your legs and be in traction for a few weeks...” The strong tough captain of the Joker tosses Grimes off the balcony.

Seconds later there is no explosion and the Captain notices the following things are missing off his person: His Lighter, bottom button on his shirt, and the prong for his belt buckle. The Captain looks at the mousy woman in the shadows and smiles, ” Grimes is full of surprises isn’t he? Better tell Colonel Lybocc Grimes is ready for the prodecure.”

The woman nods back walking out of the shadows peering down at Grimes who is being tended to by the feild medic of the Jokers. She nods as well, ” Yes, he may be the best canidate for the program we have ever seen. Keep pushing him, we must see his breaking point?”

The Captain chuckles, ” Sure, but I hear tales of men from Iron Heart being tough... Mentally tough, what if he never breaks?”

The woman smiles her eyes glinting in the fading afternoon sun, ” Then he would be perfect.”


Grimes heads to one of the nearby ammo crates pops the lock and opens the treature trove of muitions. Looks good in here. I got some odds and ends in my pockets and pack, I can make something work, something that gives us time to fall back if we need too. Besides looks like some one already rigged the doors. Grimes gets to work, pulling electrical panels out of the walls, using a couple sticks of big red, and some paperclips. He unscrews the lighting panels and bulbs near the door briefly hooking up componets in the sockets and filling the bulbs with a well documented explosive recipe...
Inside the armor
Are you still there?
” Yes Daryl, I am always here. You need to get the mixure just right, 2 parts... Daryl only fill the bulbs half way we need to see and any further the fillaments will prematurely ignite the explosives... Good good.”
Can you connect to these micro transeivers I am putting into these sockets and allow me to detonate the light bulb bombs as the demons come in by thought?
” Of course Daryl, I can do that. I would recommend letting a few pass by your bombs before detonating them. That way you avoid friendlies and...”
Yeah, yeah... And no one ever looks behind them.
Daryl grins.

Grimes finishes his work just in time. He relocks the munitions case and nods to those on the front line. ” Ok folks, I got a fun little surprise planned, stay clear of the kill box here. These bulbs will rain down explosive death and I got them on a remote so don’t worry about them going off early. But watch out for the door itself, seems like someone already rigged it with a trap.” Grimes hunkers down with the others with his rifle out ready to do his part in defending the artillary.

_________________
Grimes at a Glance
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry:5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0

Combat edges:
Elan:+2 when spending a benny to reroll a trait
Rock and roll: when you do not move ignore autofire penalties

Bennies
5/3
+1 good plan
+1 for RP
+1 benny Bonanza


Fri May 18, 2018 1:00 pm
Profile
Ruby Patron
Ruby Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Shooting (Serious Business) 8 -- One Raise
Shooting 1d8-2 = 2 (4)
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
-1 Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 = 5 (5)


Having learned form his experience form his time underground against the alien acid monsters, Raleigh Ray knew that too much caution was the surest way to get himself killed. Still, he wasn't going to be too stupid about it. Doubling back to some nice heavy-looking crates to take cover behind, he readied one of his HE grenades, momentarily placing his CV-212 rifle down where he could quickly pick it back up. Though the dread and anxiety welled in him, Raleigh Ray didn't have to wait long for the enemy to rear its ugly collective head.

The moment they breached through the hanger door, Raleigh Ray threw his grenade into the mix of them, hoping for the best. Before it even landed in the hoard's midst, his laser assault rifle was already back in hand and blasting for all its worth. It took him a moment to realize he was unconsciously yelling a steady stream of profanities at the enemy, relishing in delight with each hit he scored. It then occurred to Raleigh Ray that he was overdoing it, leaving himself too exposed for the sake of offense... especially when one of their blasts nailed him in return. It wasn't enough to put him down, but he definitely felt the wound burning under his protective body armor.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Skelebot Stats
Bennies: 4/4 (reset (with bonuses): May 10, 2018)
EP Ledger


Last edited by Raleigh Ray Colton on Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 18, 2018 3:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Shooting 14
1d8 = 8 (8) Ace!
Shooting Ace 1d8+4 = 5 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace!
Wild Die Ace 1d6+8 = 9 (1)

-1 Benny Extra Effort 1d6+11 = 14 (3)

-4 Scene Penalty


Klinger was able to run a quick diagnostic on Logan's cybernetic eyes, allowing him to see normally again, the targeting reticle showing where the rifle was pointed, and not a moment too soon. Waves of attackers come from landing pad. His hands have never been steadier, even when defusing bombs by heart. With surety in his heart, Wright places the targeting reticle on their eyes and watch as their brains melt out of their eyes and the backs of their heads. He had already killed ten enemies when a fast runner charged the door, tripping a trap that Grimes had rigged by the door. Unfortunately, Steelcreek was caught in the blast, shielding Logan from harm. Realizing the door was soon going to be overrun, Wright picked Steelcreek up in a Fireman's carry and carried him back behind cover. Logan was getting ready to cry Medic to get Klinger over to check out Steelcreek, until he saw the Steelcreek was shaken from the blast, but otherwise fine.

_________________
OOC Comments
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle
Ammo: 0/60
Grenade: 0/2
Bennies: 5

Alts: Jitters 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Last edited by Logan Wright on Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 54
Reply with quote
Shooting Crit Fail, No Matter the Cost
Shooting 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Tech Difficulties 2, Serious Problem
TD 1d6 = 2 (2)


Soak 14
Vigor 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace again 1d6 = 2 (2)


Steelcreek takes a spot and lines up his carbine. Let's see what this thing can do, he thinks, before giving the trigger a squeeze.

Suddenly, the world goes sideways as someone hits him in the ribcage with a club. Or a truck, maybe?

He's thrown back and to the side, and the next thing he remembers is being plopped unceremoniously to the ground by Wright.

His head swimming, he says the only appropriate thing in the situation. "Ow.".

He gives Wright a thump on the shoulder. "I'm good. I'm good. And thanks."

Deleted Text
Glancing down at his carbine, he can tell something is wrong with it. The sights are messed up and the weapon just feels... off in his hands somehow. So, that's what she can do.

_________________
Character Summary
Pvt. Jaren Steelcreek a Psi-Stalker Scout
Charisma: 0 (+2 w/other Psi-Stalkers)
Parry: 7
Pace: 8, d8 to run
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Psychic Sense, Animal Empathy, Eye for Terrain, Spotter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d8, Throwing d4, Stealth d8, Riding d6, Driving d6, Notice d8, Knowledge (Electronics) d4, Survival d6, Tracking d4, Streetwise d6, Intimidation d4, Climbing d6
Character Sheet
Signature


Fri May 18, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 56
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
No Matter the Cost; Fighting 12
Fighting: 1d10 = 2 (2)+ Extra Effort: 1d6 = 6 (6): Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die Fighting: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Joe waits patiently as the fighting begins. Joe can taste the acid in his mouth as his adrenaline spikes. Some soldiers have come to call the combat high, a dangerous cocktail human hormones that set the soldier to peak fighting shape. Problem with front line soldiers is that they seem to always be craving it. Maybe this is the same case for Joe Marshal, he became a Close Quarters Specialist for the rush, first one in the building, confined spaces, life or death. Though to be honest none of this mattered or even actually crossed Joe's mind. In his mind he was counting steps, preparing to bring the fight straight to the first inhuman bastard to come through the door.

The doors collapse was deafening, only barely muffles by Joe's helmet. To Joe though this was the starters gun. One, two, three... twenty-two degree pivot, four, five, six... three inch crouch. in mere seconds Joe was already to the door and he was bringing his considerable knowledge of hand to hand combat to bare. To the Brodkil, Joe basically materialized out of the smoke of the breach and before some of them really noticed the issue, Joe was hitting them with flurries of strikes compacting ribs, fracturing limbs, even going so far to break one Brodkil's neck.

The irony of this fight wasn't Joe's savagery, it was the fact that Joe wasn't even the spearhead to the fight, he was a distraction. Joe's attack was only to take the focus off of the hastily placed traps. Joe sees his opportunity and disengages the enemy, darting back down the hall, and unslinging his shotgun to fire at the Brodkil. Just as the first of the traps take their victims. "HOLD THE DOOR!"

_________________
Joe Marshal
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 12g Slug: 16/16
2 C-5 Punp Pistols
Ammo: 5/5, 5/5
Vibro-Axe
Bennies: 3/3


Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.