Q4 2017 GM-Poll

They're silent but deadly...
GM: Pender Lumkiss

Rate your GM

Poll ended at Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm

5 Legendary- (Met all requirements, see Post for details) If we looked up GM gods you would at least be a footnote
88%
4 Heroic- Just about to Legendary, really only one thing is missing from your gm tool belt.
No votes
3 Veteran- Really good, you need a bit more experience and practice to reach the upper echalon of pbp GMs like Lars, VV, and High Command.
13%
2 Seasoned- You swung for the fences, and did ok. You need a mentor or some serious retooling to take you farther as a pbp gm.
No votes
1 Novice- Ok, so things are getting dire. Help!
No votes
0 Failed & New GM please- Maybe you should just be a player at this point.
No votes

Total votes: 8

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Q4 2017 GM-Poll

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM Poll Fourth Quarter 2017
13th members please vote sometime in the last part of December. Starting now is okay.

Pender, Game Master (GM)

How to “rate” the GM, their Duties:
• Post Rate
• Notify Players via Hangouts of new posts.
• Be available to Players

☞ Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
☞ Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
☞ Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
☞ Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.

Note: The above is used to “rate” the GM. I hope that I succeeded you all in the mission of being your GM. Additionally, I hope that I presented a fun game. I look forward to more story with the 13th. Please, when you vote, post a response saying you voted. If you are up to it, I’m open to feedback BOTH on how I did as GM, and ALSO any feedback you have on the story. Thank you. - Pender

GM Rating Reward Table
Earn 5 EP
Earn 4 EP
Earn 3 EP
Earn 2 EP
Earn 1 EP
Fired 0 EP
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Re: Q4 2017 GM-Poll

Post by Jitters »

The part I liked the least was linking Bane's life force to an NPC's and dangling said NPC in front of another to potentially kill for RP purposes.

Yes, I was starting to become disenfranchised playing him, and yes I did choose Blaze of Glory, but I still feel that the situation that brought about Bane's demise were less than epic.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Voted. Having oodles of fun with what has been an epic quarter. As far as constructive criticism ... there were times in the battle with many Viggos that I had trouble tracking what was going on, but there was plenty for everyone to do. Although we could maybe do with fewer things for Markus to do ... It also struck me as a little unfair creating the situation where Markus being Markus basically killed Bane. I generally really enjoy the Markus antics, but it starts to push the limit for me when they have negative repercussions for other players.

You and Lars have handled the crossover with the 13th very well, and it has been more fun than I imagined it could be. Really enjoyable, and a model for others to follow in the future.

Now, just give us 2-3 days of downtime and at least 57,000 credits, and it will all work out perfectly!
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Voted. Had a lot of fun this quarter. The crossover is great.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Firehawk
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Firehawk »

voted
Been very fun!
FIREHAWK
FIREHAWK
-Burster-
1 wound - burned feet
Charisma: 0 (-4 w/ CS); Pace: 4(d4 running), Flying: 6(12); Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Four Arms: One additional non-movement action with no MAP
Improved Flame Bolt: 6d6 damage (12/24/48)
Low Light Vision: Lyn-Srial ignore penalties for Dim and Dark lighting
Mentalist: +2 on any opposed Psionics roll, attacking or defending
-Once per round as an action can give an ally an immediate attempt to break out of illusion / puppet / mind walk at +2
-Impervious to all plasma, fire and heat damage; Electricity, lightning and lasers do half damage
-Roll a d10 (instead of the usual d6) when causing damage with fire:
  • Highly flammable targets ignite on a 3 –10
  • Anything flammable catches fire on a 6 –10
  • Things that normally don’t catch fire (metal, ceramics, stone) ignite from a Burster’s flames on a 10, or at least begin to melt
  • Water super-heats and evaporates nigh-instantly on a 10 as well, and boils away over 2d6 rounds on an 8 or 9.

CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol shots: 30/30
ISP: 0/30
Powers Active

Fiery Aura: 6 MDC Armor, +3d6 to melee damage and damage shield

Adventure card: Turncoat : Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.
BENNIES: 2/3
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:Voted. Having oodles of fun with what has been an epic quarter. As far as constructive criticism ... there were times in the battle with many Viggos that I had trouble tracking what was going on, but there was plenty for everyone to do. Although we could maybe do with fewer things for Markus to do ... It also struck me as a little unfair creating the situation where Markus being Markus basically killed Bane. I generally really enjoy the Markus antics, but it starts to push the limit for me when they have negative repercussions for other players.

You and Lars have handled the crossover with the 13th very well, and it has been more fun than I imagined it could be. Really enjoyable, and a model for others to follow in the future.

Now, just give us 2-3 days of downtime and at least 57,000 credits, and it will all work out perfectly!
Glad you are having fun. I do feel I probably play up his hindrence a bit much. I would like to point out, Bane had several outs including rolling EF, and flat out telling Markus not to kill his Mentor. The player seemed ok with letting Bane go... Oh and Bane is not dead as you will find out. I did aganize over putting that part in and having the sky captain be related to one of your characters. I went back and forth many times. Perhaps I went the wrong way... You of course are right. How can you not be, a player fucking died on my watch...

As for the Viggos, I would be interested in finding the root of the problem. Was it too many people named the same thing? Or was it there were too many bad guys? The battle was against 5 wild cards, 2 modified IFs, and a smattering of modified soldiers. Granted it was alot of badguys, 5 of which were wild cards, but their are 8 Iconic Frameworks for me to challenge. It was meant to be a challenging fight, I am open to any ideas or suggestions on how it could have gone easier for you guys to follow.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

Maybe color code the bad guys? Truthfully I am not sure. With a Info Box at end of post:
Who's Who Said You? wrote:Mace: ID Self and Necromancer
Mace: ID Self and Cook
Mace: ID Self and Albino with Wings
The three identical selves spread out from Mace and surrounded Jack. Jack knew that Mace was a spellcaster but hadn't seen this coming. A copy of Mace , Mace stabbed out with a sword. The other Mace started to chant a spell and the final Mace was accessing the far door in an effort to let the four Mace's escape.

Dunno. Multiple bad guys is no always the issue, Space and Time versions can get hairy.

As Zieja I had a great time playing with the 13th and with you as GM Pender, so thank you. The 13th as a whole is one of the tightest and best RP groups. Having played in many groups, I feel that the 13th was by far my favorite. Due to Players and the GM.

Z - voted.

As Lars: Thank you for turning the crossover into an epic journey. Co-Gming had me worried (not because of you, just the idea) and now I am not sure I want to go solo lol.

Game Mastering is no easy thing, be it in real life or PbP. We try new ideas and we explore the story with our Players. Some times it is smooth and some times its a learning process. My Rifts group in real life has one original Character in it, she has been playing her since 1993 or 4 I think. The rest have died, retired or moved on in some way. (Characters not Players.....no Players have died in my game...yet, crap we are all getting older that may happen some day, thus far just a bunch of Characters.) Character death is hard, my Juicer here (Fell) dying was hard to write, and I have thought, was it epic enough? In the end, it was what it was and I and I'm sure the GM learned from it.

-- Having fun! Ty! Game on!

Dan
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jitters wrote:The part I liked the least was linking Bane's life force to an NPC's and dangling said NPC in front of another to potentially kill for RP purposes.

Yes, I was starting to become disenfranchised playing him, and yes I did choose Blaze of Glory, but I still feel that the situation that brought about Bane's demise were less than epic.

Sorry man. I'll knock that shit off. Very Sorry.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Glad you are having fun. I do feel I probably play up his hindrence a bit much. I would like to point out, Bane had several outs including rolling EF, and flat out telling Markus not to kill his Mentor. The player seemed ok with letting Bane go... Oh and Bane is not dead as you will find out. I did aganize over putting that part in and having the sky captain be related to one of your characters. I went back and forth many times. Perhaps I went the wrong way... You of course are right. How can you not be, a player fucking died on my watch...

As for the Viggos, I would be interested in finding the root of the problem. Was it too many people named the same thing? Or was it there were too many bad guys? The battle was against 5 wild cards, 2 modified IFs, and a smattering of modified soldiers. Granted it was alot of badguys, 5 of which were wild cards, but their are 8 Iconic Frameworks for me to challenge. It was meant to be a challenging fight, I am open to any ideas or suggestions on how it could have gone easier for you guys to follow.
The racist hindrance is something to play up. He's very much a freshwater fish swimming in a salt water tank. However, I second the thought of giving too much opportunity for what is supposed to be a minor quirk of "doesn't like socializing with d-bees" to turn into Markus a homicidal racist that can cost a player their character. The realities of PbP may have prevented a proper response before Markus pulled the trigger. Regardless, the execution of Elrond Hub's young self would have ended up costing the character a benny at the least. That's something that probably warranted a few more posts than "there's an elf in the wreckage, Markus pulls the trigger. Bane fades into nothingness."
I'm trying to imagine how it would've gone down if, in the confusion, Markus had elected to try to blow up Nadine in the last QC scene. You have a gift for turning even a bad result into something cool (Bizarro Max & Bizarro Alex), but some of those actions might warrant a separate draw of cards or something that gives the subject character an opportunity to defend themselves. Max loses Nadine to an enemy missile blast in combat? Legit. Max loses Nadine to another player's narrative in a quick combat? That's going down without at least some kind of fight. It would feel cheap. Obviously, Markus elected not to do that, but he definitely had the charge in his hand and there would've been no good way for me to stop that, as it would've been done within someone else's post. Protest means retroactive editing of posts or a scramble to find a way to make it go away. The troll and elf skelebots in the hotel are a prime example of the scramble to cover. That's an incident that, 100% guaranteed, would've turned into a PvP 13th vs. BC fight with actual player/character repercussions. (The BC hangouts was lit up with "that guy is dead meat" and "crush the 13th" talk until it was revealed they were skelebots.)
I don't want it to feel like I'm piling on or throwing stones, because again, it's worked out fine. Jitters is a cool looking character and will be a fun addition to the group. And, probably moreso than anyone else, you have a gift of making something cool come out of a bad event. Still, if I had a constructive criticism, it would be...well, not just for you. Markus' major hindrance is Clueless. His other hindrances are quirk (doesn't like associating with d-bees) and Cautious. Markus is supposed to think through his actions before taking them, probably even thinking through it again before doing. He's plugged a possible temporal prisoner who might be able to fix some of the problems we were dealing with before we were able to even identify for sure who he was, and he's plugged two d-bee looking skelebots with fusion bombs strapped to them, presumably, right around the time Libertas' face is in front of them disarming the bombs. And there was precisely zero indication beforehand that they were skelebots. Caution has been thrown to the wind, and the Minor Quirk has turned into a Major Bloodthirsty hindrance.
I don't think you should beat yourself up about the death of a character. I really don't. Characters die. The experience transfers to the replacement. There's no net loss, particularly when the character was maybe on their last legs anyway. This makes for a fine learning opportunity on a character that was about to be replaced anyway before it cost someone a character they weren't ready to lose yet.

As for the Viggo fight, I had less trouble figuring out who was where. I thought you made it pretty clear what options each character had, and I thought you answered all questions well (as usual). That scene may have lent itself to a more visual tactical combat than theater of the mind, but I know you were moving around at the time and that may not have been feasible. Even then, like I said, I had no confusion on who was where, and everything was explained. You're always very responsive to questions, and your GMing style tends towards a "sure, you can do that, describe how that works." That's a fun game to be in, except when the party racist blows up your robot armor with you inside it, and it subsequently powers down the shield that's protecting everyone. (That would have been a TPK of two groups if successful, if anyone is keeping count.)
I have to offer mass kudos to both you and Lars on the crossover. This is an incredibly fun event and very well co-GMed. You guys work well together. Also, I'm pretty sure our PC losses have been minimal thanks to your input. Lars is bloodthirsty.
Voted. Love this group, love my GM. Looking forward to next quarter!
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I'll say this on the subject of PvP and 'permanent consequences' (specifically death). It should, as an OOC matter, be something that occurs only when both players are fully on-board ahead of time. It can be threatened or implied; it can be made to seem a likely event. Hell, in-character attempts can be made in narration. But all the players should be confident that it's not going to be an actual Thing That Happens unless all players involved are on-board with it.

Specifically, this means that in scenes like this one, everyone involved should be writing their posts with an eye towards 'leaving an out'. Leave the other player enough wiggle room that they can explain how they defeated your efforts--and in turn, trust that they'll do the same.

Now, that said? I think the Death of Bane fit those rules, if a bit sloppily. Bane's player actually had buy-in, an opportunity to say, "Hey, no, do not want." It just might not've been totally clear that the player was accepting things (and if I'm wrong about that, please let me know--it was how I read the comments back-and-forth in the Hangouts at the time).

Blowing up Nadine would've been a different story--but there, Markus' player held to the line, by not actually making the attempt. It was considered as an option in-character, but 'tactical considerations' were sufficient to motivate him to not do it. So long as Markus just keeps stepping back from the line, I don't think therre's any problems.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

There weren't necessarily too many Viggos, and you differentiated between the well (Armored Viggo, invisible Viggo, she-Viggo, Viggo Prime, Viggo that didn't last long enough for me to remember) I just had a little trouble keeping track of which mini-scene was in, ie., which was in the alley, which messing with Alex, etc. It straightened out by the second or third round, I just remember being confused.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:There weren't necessarily too many Viggos, and you differentiated between the well (Armored Viggo, invisible Viggo, she-Viggo, Viggo Prime, Viggo that didn't last long enough for me to remember) I just had a little trouble keeping track of which mini-scene was in, ie., which was in the alley, which messing with Alex, etc. It straightened out by the second or third round, I just remember being confused.
Gotcha, anything you would have done differently for that scene to make it more clear who was where?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

The color-coding Lars suggested might help. Or a bulleted summary, maybe at the end of the post. Like this:

Who's where, doing what?
  • Armored Viggo and 6 CEALs are in the middle of the intersection, trying to drill into Nadine!
  • Business Suit Viggo is in the adjacent alley, blocking your advance, with 3 Goons!
  • She-Viggo just popped up in front of the record store, where Alex is bleeding out!
  • Viggo Prime is lurking in the back of the store, with a rail gun pointed at Alex!
In those big, sprawling scenes, that sort of signpost might help. And you know, take 5 Star GMing to 5 Stars and a 6-pack of beer.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:The color-coding Lars suggested might help. Or a bulleted summary, maybe at the end of the post. Like this:

Who's where, doing what?
  • Armored Viggo and 6 CEALs are in the middle of the intersection, trying to drill into Nadine!
  • Business Suit Viggo is in the adjacent alley, blocking your advance, with 3 Goons!
  • She-Viggo just popped up in front of the record store, where Alex is bleeding out!
  • Viggo Prime is lurking in the back of the store, with a rail gun pointed at Alex!
In those big, sprawling scenes, that sort of signpost might help. And you know, take 5 Star GMing to 5 Stars and a 6-pack of beer.
I likey
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Distances are especially useful in a summary like that, as well, unless everything is within a 6" pace that pretty much everyone can get anywhere. So if you have the battlefield divided into "zones" like:

Alley: Z, Libertas, Alley Viggo (you can assume everything is within one Pace within a zone)
Nadine: Jude, Drill Viggo, Tesse, 5 CEALS

And then once all the zones are established:

Alley is 10" from Nadine
Nadine is 12" from Radio Station
etc.

This tells people how much effort/time it would take to move from one "zone" to the next, and assume everything within a zone is within a 6" Pace.

Just a thought off the top of my head.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

In fairness, after a bit, we were getting that info, especially during the Viggo fight (not as much during the crossover proper). I know I usually was able to find "You are X" from this group, Y" from that Viggo." pretty quickly.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Freemage wrote:In fairness, after a bit, we were getting that info, especially during the Viggo fight (not as much during the crossover proper). I know I usually was able to find "You are X" from this group, Y" from that Viggo." pretty quickly.
Concur. I may not have been able to triangulate an exact orientation of everything, but I knew which way I wanted and needed to go, and the theater of the mind, combined with Pender's GMing style, made it pretty clear to me what I was able to do to who and when.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Freemage wrote:In fairness, after a bit, we were getting that info, especially during the Viggo fight (not as much during the crossover proper). I know I usually was able to find "You are X" from this group, Y" from that Viggo." pretty quickly.
It did not really occur to me to put distances in the crossover but perhaps in the future a I can include short medium and long during the narativ style quick combat

I like the idea of zones as well. Then just include th distance from one zone to the next.

Yeah for the Viggo fight I put in a tactical post with distances. But with zones it might make it clear who is where.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Just so I am clear on understanding the poll results, at least two players felt my post rate or responsiveness in im chat or on the board was not maintained at the necessary level. I will endeavor to kick it up a notch and post more frequently and pay attention to the chat more often. I am sorry about that.

Please keep the feedback coming as it is important to me to get better at this and understand the types of things my players want to see and are comfortable with.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

My vote had nothing to do with post rate, although at times it did feel slow.
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

☞ Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
☞ Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
☞ Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
☞ Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.

These are the things that are the parameters of what the GM is rated on. I'm sure Pender, like most GMs feels like, "I did those things."

I think Pender is one of the more active GMs here as far as the 4 above topics. I've played in almost all of the games here and I got to tell you, Pender is my fav GM. The 13th is simply awesome (GM & Players).

However, I also feel a rating system, from the Players is needed. As a fellow GM I WANT to hear back from Players about what they thought of the Quarter. Tell me (us) what was great and what was not.

A better system is needed IMO. A new way to "rate" GMs. A way that allows for the 4 above topics to be separated from what a Player has to say.

Honestly, pretty much every GM is going to achieve the 4 above topics. What we need is a Poll that rates the game presented. I will work on this with the other GMs, because we (GMs) want to know how to present the best game to you that we can!
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jitters wrote:My vote had nothing to do with post rate, although at times it did feel slow.
Thats fair, there were times when the post rate was uneven, there was a period mid oct to early nov I was without internet.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

I only recall one week in which you missed a post, Pender, and that was the week you were moving. To be honest, that's pretty damn impressive (most games elsewhere I have been in would have gone on a short hiatus), and since I had so much fun this quarter, I didn't feel it right to penalize you for that one miss.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Jude Maverick wrote:I only recall one week in which you missed a post, Pender, and that was the week you were moving. To be honest, that's pretty damn impressive (most games elsewhere I have been in would have gone on a short hiatus), and since I had so much fun this quarter, I didn't feel it right to penalize you for that one miss.
Concur. Home boy was homeless. Slack easily warranted and cut, at least on my end.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Who hasn't voted?
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jitters wrote:Who hasn't voted?
Maybe Markus I think he is out for a couple of days.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Yeah, I was missing to vote.
Thanks for everything GM! I am enjoying the game very much.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”