Posting guidlines

They're silent but deadly...
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Posting guidlines

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-Generally I am in favor of letting the player provide the narrative to describe their successes or failures. I can provide toughness (armor), parry, and any modifiers to hit for the baddies in the future. This way you all will know if you made a success or a raise. It will be easier to know if you should spend bennies on extra effort, or reroll.
-For enemy attacks and apposed rolls I really want the narrative to be in your hands so I was thinking of only describing the moment leading up to the attack, I'll leave the roll and if a success I'll put down the damage. Then on the next round at the beginning of the post you can describe what it all looked like. This also would give you a great chance to use bennies to soak damage and describe what that looked like.

Thoughts?

Also for posting, I will do a mid week post if everyone has posted ( Wed or Thurs), and a weekend post ( most likely Sunday morning) no mater what to keep the story moving along. Of course if one chapter has closed, and you missed a chance to do something that would affect the outcome of the current chapter we can probably find away to accommodate with in-reason.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Out of Character Communications

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Looks like everyone went, so I'll update the map, give a recap on what happened.

-Generally I am in favor of letting the player provide the narrative to describe their successes or failures. I can provide toughness (armor), parry, and any modifiers to hit for the baddies in the future. This way you all will know if you made a success or a raise. It will be easier to know if you should spend bennies on extra effort, or reroll.
-For enemy attacks and apposed rolls I really want the narrative to be in your hands so I was thinking of only describing the moment leading up to the attack, I'll leave the roll and if a success I'll put down the damage. Then on the next round at the beginning of the post you can describe what it all looked like. This also would give you a great chance to use bennies to soak damage and describe what that looked like.

Thoughts?

Also for posting, I will do a mid week post if everyone has posted ( Wed or Thurs), and a weekend post ( most likely Sunday morning) no mater what to keep the story moving along. Of course if one chapter has closed, and you missed a chance to do something that would affect the outcome of the current chapter we can probably find away to accommodate with in-reason.
This all sounds excellent to me!
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Posting guidlines

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Just so we have a clear way of designating how folks are talking.
Speaking Colors:

Thoughts are italicized

"Spoken is bold and quoted no color change"

"Radio communication is a dark blue, yeah I know it is hard to read sometimes, bolded and quoted"
"IF YOU ARE USING YOUR LOUD SPEAKER PUT IT IN CAPS"

Telepathy is light blue

"Other languages are orange, if you can provide a translation that would be awesome, and use quotes and bold."

Other colors, If you want to highlight roll totals green for success and red for failure that is also fine by me, makes it a bit easier for me to see how it all rolled out.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Can we do Telepathy as Italicized Light Blue, and electronic communication as Bold Light Blue? I say that as the standard blue doesn't contrast well with the background and I have to highlight the text with my mouse in order to read it.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I second the "italicized" light blue telepathy. Easier to read.
What about OOC?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Posting schedule/narrative in players hands heartily approved.

I have the same problem Bane does with the dark blue... and I know the science behind it, because SCIENCE! (ahem)
Having to highlight the text is a pain, especially when the solution is as easy as clicking on a different color from the box (or typing slightly different characters if hand coding).

I've been using:

"Speech"
Narrative
Thought

"Speech in other languages"
[Language] Translation [/Language]

"Radio"
I haven't used it, but I like this for telepathy

[OOC: OOC Comments]
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok lets go with Lucretia's above layout.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Leaving things up to us to describe is fine with me as long as there's proper feedback etc from the GM. So a lead up like you suggest sounds like it could work well, certainly worth giving it a shot and seeing how it goes. I think, simply for the sake of PBP combat, knowing what we need to roll against before we make our post would make things much easier for both parties in the long run.

Short term though people like me are going to need a bit of help because I still don't quite get the raise system nor do I feel like I properly understand other parts of the system such as what these adventure cards and such are or this whole deck of cards initiative thing since those are entirely new concepts to me. (The majority of it though is pretty straight forward)
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

I have a question, re: the highlighting of success/failure. If I use the dice command, I don't see the roll until I post--is it possible to edit the post after that to change the color without re-triggering the Dice command? That's the one feature of the board that's new to me, and I wouldn't want to accidentally cheat (no matter how tempting that dice roller is making it.... :lol: )
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

When you edit the post it replaces the die roll with a numbered indicator - just don't mess that up and you should be fine. If it's like other boards I've used I believe there is an error message that shows up if the roll count doesn't match (so no deleting rolls). EDIT: actually, this board just doesn't let you delete them. Even better!

[dice]0[/dice]

That roll appears as the following when you edit:

Code: Select all

[dice]0[/dice]
...and of course that's an acing wild die I'll never get back... [/gambler's fallacy]

You can even add additional dice later, like for aces:
Demo Ace:
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:Leaving things up to us to describe is fine with me as long as there's proper feedback etc from the GM. So a lead up like you suggest sounds like it could work well, certainly worth giving it a shot and seeing how it goes. I think, simply for the sake of PBP combat, knowing what we need to roll against before we make our post would make things much easier for both parties in the long run.

Short term though people like me are going to need a bit of help because I still don't quite get the raise system nor do I feel like I properly understand other parts of the system such as what these adventure cards and such are or this whole deck of cards initiative thing since those are entirely new concepts to me. (The majority of it though is pretty straight forward)
Please pm or post any questions you may have.

Inititive is delt out of a deck of cards, high card goes first, with joker being the highest. If you get a joker, you get +2 to all actions and can take your turn whenever you like. Basically instead of everyone rolling a d20 and highest number goes first all players and enemies get delt a card. I use a site called roll 20 which deals and sorts it for me. It might make it easier if I post the inititive order on site.

Adventure cards are seperate special cards that let players usurp narative control in a specific way described on the card. I beleive there is going to be a site wide rework to them, i am guessing we will hear about it in the next quarter.

Combat raises basically equate to more damage. If you score a total fighting roll 4 points higher than the targets parry you get an extra d6 added to your damage roll. For shooting the target number is 4 there are most likely modifiers, like cover or deflection, or juicers uncanny reflexes...sigh, but if you score 4 points more than the target( I will try my best to include any pertant modifiers) you get an extra d6 on your damage rolls.

I know we have a few new folks to savage worlds so I am just going to throw this out too:
As a player you always roll trait roll( either a skill or ability ) and a wild die, the totals are calculated separately. If you roll the max value on the die type, a 4 for a d4 or 6 for a d6 etc... you get to roll it again, if it maxes you get to roll it again and so forth. Again you treat the trait roll and wild die separately.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:When you edit the post it replaces the die roll with a numbered indicator - just don't mess that up and you should be fine. If it's like other boards I've used I believe there is an error message that shows up if the roll count doesn't match (so no deleting rolls). EDIT: actually, this board just doesn't let you delete them. Even better!

[[dice]4375:0[/dice]

That roll appears as the following when you edit:

[dice]0[/dice]
...and of course that's an acing wild die I'll never get back... [/gambler's fallacy]

You can even add additional dice later, like for aces:
Demo Ace:
[dice]4375:2[/dice]

Looks like it would work fine to go in and color the dice

I was more talking about after the roll and aces put Total:8 in green to note success, or total:2 in red for failure.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lucretia: Thanks for the run-down. Now I don't have to do multiple posts every time I act!
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

All sounds good to me.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Lucretia: Thanks for the run-down. Now I don't have to do multiple posts every time I act!
No problem. I just wish you could see the results when you are editing the post, I usually pull up notepad and note the results so that I don't have to keep going back and forth.
I suppose opening the post in a a new tab would work too.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

What happens if you just hit "Preview Post"? Does it roll the dice and lock it, or does it just do something funky?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

preview will not roll, says invalid dice code
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Ugh. I really hate coding. I don't write in the Forum itself (I use Drive. Have had too many lost posts to trust things), so formatting all that stuff is going to be a pain. I come to this from the writing side of things and the writing should be clear as to how it's done, I think, rather than turning a post into a rainbow. :roll:
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Jude Maverick wrote:Ugh. I really hate coding. I don't write in the Forum itself (I use Drive. Have had too many lost posts to trust things), so formatting all that stuff is going to be a pain.
Jude,

I write my GM posts in Google docs too. If you have the BBCode Export add on you can do the formatting as you would any other document hit convert and paste the output into the forum.

As for the dice roller, it's the tool we have. Not ideal for sure but manageable.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Jude, part of the reason many GMs prefer players highlight skill roll results is that it makes their jobs considerably easier. It's not necessary sure, but trust me, it makes the job much simpler and clearer.
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Jude Maverick wrote:Ugh. I really hate coding. I don't write in the Forum itself (I use Drive. Have had too many lost posts to trust things), so formatting all that stuff is going to be a pain.
Jude,

I write my GM posts in Google docs too. If you have the BBCode Export add on you can do the formatting as you would any other document hit convert and paste the output into the forum.

As for the dice roller, it's the tool we have. Not ideal for sure but manageable.

VV
I'm used to using Coyote Code. You can roll everything at once, set it to ace, and get a BBCode formatted link to paste.

I did use teh BBCode Export for the bio. It actually was very helpful. I just don't usually format my narrative writing beyond the occasional italicized word and rely on words and context to indicate how. (Though I do use italics for telepath or comm communications, like Star Trek novels do).
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

I will investigate this Coyote Code...I've seen others use it. If it can handle aces it may be a better option for us.

The only downside with offsite rollers is you can still do multiple rolls and only send the GMs the links to the ones you like. Although that doesn't seem like an issue with the calibre of player on the site so far.

VV
Signature
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

In my other game we use Orokos.com, which is a similar tool to Coyote Code (and also produces nice BBCode results). You can also review the roller's dice history so as long as they are labeling the rolls as they should be, it's pretty easy to spot if someone is rolling multiple times. That's not something we've seen much of there, thankfully - most players seem more interested in telling a good story or "winning" honestly than cheating (not counting IC cheating, of course).
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

We used to use an offsite roller for EU actually (Iron castle if I recall the name correctly) as it also logs a user's rolls etc so a player can't just cheat on the rolls if you look over their history. The idea behind having an on site roller though was a) easier for everyone and B) the checks against cheating are right in the post so you don't have to go through a bunch of hoops. Sad fact is, while most players are honest, there are some cheats out there. Using off site rollers I've had the odd person try to hide their efforts at cheating their rolls but usually I found out. That said sometimes it took a bit of digging if the site didn't require them to create an actual account to link the rolls to.
I bring the fire
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I like to win as much or more than the next guy, but the worst thing that happens is I get to spawn another character and try something new. Cheating is ridiculous.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Eh, some people just want to do win no matter what I guess. Biggest example I saw was in one PBP game where we were using iron castle, one guy in the group always seemed to manage to pull off the craziest rolls, never seemed to get bad ones. So I started checking out the links to his rolls, then searching for his character name and noticed he was rolling over and over until he got a roll he was happy with and then just linking that one. The GM never thought to check himself so I just sent him a PM with the rolls.
I bring the fire
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Coyote Code works the same. You can click on the name of the character and see all of the rolls.

Here's an example of Coyote Code rolling for SW:

Let's say Jude is Shooting.

1d8.OPEN(8);1d6.OPEN(6)

Any 8 on the d8 or 6 on the d6 will autoroll again and add to the total. You can throw modifiers on there, too. Then below the result screen will be a BBCode you can copy and paste.

I used Coyote Code when making Jude since I hadn't figured out the local die roller yet, if you wanted to check it out.

Having a local roller isn't bad, either, though. But SW requires a bit more than a d20 game.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I'm going to try to change colors on my rolls in the combat thread, but I'll need to get on the computer to do it. I'm not so great at code from my phone. How do I color code the dice roll result without screwing up the numbers?
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Maximilian wrote:I'm going to try to change colors on my rolls in the combat thread, but I'll need to get on the computer to do it. I'm not so great at code from my phone. How do I color code the dice roll result without screwing up the numbers?
First, click the color you want. Then, with the cursor between the color and /color commands, click the Dice command. Basically, most of the codes nest just fine. If you want to go back and change a post that already exists, you can highlight the whole section including the Dice codes, and then click the color you want. It'll wrap the command around the whole thing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Thanks. I'm going to try it here for kicks.

[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by Maximilian on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted that as a sample.
Last edited by Libertas Magicum on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

[dice]0[/dice]

[color=#00BF00][dice]0[/dice][/color]
Signature

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”