Q2 Boon

Now stop nagging me.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Q2 Boon

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hi folks,

You all had some great RP moments. You also acheived some pretty awesome goals in Silver Bluff. Below are the boons accessable during Q2:
  • Those that drank from the river priest water ( either at the hermits hut, or from directly in the river) gain the ability to do the following one round only during the Q2 session.
    • High Adventure: Characters can spend a Benny to gain a one-time use of a Combat Edge. Player Characters have to meet any Edge requirements, but can ignore Trait requirements for this one-time use. Multiple bennies can be spent in one round for multiple Edges, either for different effects or in order to meet a needed requirement to gain another Edge.
    • Characters that qualify: Maximilian, Bane, Cantrell, Lucretia, Jude.
  • Additional starting bennies. Everyone gains +2 bennies.
    • Markus and Libertas gain +3 due to role playing hindrences when knowing they would not get a boon.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Re: Q2 Boon

Post by Markus Berger »

Thanks!
In Markus case, he already has 3 bennies. Do he has 6 total? Or 3 is the max?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus Berger wrote:Thanks!
In Markus case, he already has 3 bennies. Do he has 6 total? Or 3 is the max?
Yes you get your starting bennies, modified by hindrances or edges. Plus you get an extra +3 for great roleplaying in Silver Bluff.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

6 then... thanks!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Sweet! Though what is Jude going to do with a Combat Edge? LOL He has yet to even use a weapon. I think I remember there being a Tricky Fighter or something in SR that I thought would work well with him. I'll have to look at the others.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Jude Maverick wrote:Sweet! Though what is Jude going to do with a Combat Edge? LOL He has yet to even use a weapon. I think I remember there being a Tricky Fighter or something in SR that I thought would work well with him. I'll have to look at the others.
For the most part a benny is worth more than an edge that gives a flat bonus, I think... Extra Effort gives on average +4 (slightly more than a normal d6 because of aces), most edges give a +1 or +2. I plan on looking at combat edges that give extra options - like Sweep or First Strike. you might keep Counterattack in mind too (Lucretia's already got it). Martial Artist or Improvisational Fighter could be good too, if only to negate the penalties for being unarmed. Extraction, of course, could save your bacon if you end up in a bad spot.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Tricky Fighter and Dirty Fighter make for a nice combo. Dirty Fighter just gives you a straight-up +2 bonus to Tricks. Tricky Fighter needs Fighting d8, and either Smarts or Agility to match, and lets you make the chosen type of Trick a free action if you follow it up with a melee attack.

For Jude, I'd suggest Dirty Fighter as the key choice, since it gives him a much better chance of shaking an opponent--which in turn would leave them wide open for one of the combat hitters to deliver the finishing blow.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Freemage wrote:Tricky Fighter and Dirty Fighter make for a nice combo. Dirty Fighter just gives you a straight-up +2 bonus to Tricks. Tricky Fighter needs Fighting d8, and either Smarts or Agility to match, and lets you make the chosen type of Trick a free action if you follow it up with a melee attack.

For Jude, I'd suggest Dirty Fighter as the key choice, since it gives him a much better chance of shaking an opponent--which in turn would leave them wide open for one of the combat hitters to deliver the finishing blow.
Huh, for some reason I thought Tricky Fighter had Dirty Fighter as a prereq. They do make a good combo, Lucretia has both (for agility tricks).
Still, unless you are taking a number of other actions you are probably better off just spending the benny for Extra Effort (especially with Elan).
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Lucretia wrote:
Freemage wrote:Tricky Fighter and Dirty Fighter make for a nice combo. Dirty Fighter just gives you a straight-up +2 bonus to Tricks. Tricky Fighter needs Fighting d8, and either Smarts or Agility to match, and lets you make the chosen type of Trick a free action if you follow it up with a melee attack.

Huh, for some reason I thought Tricky Fighter had Dirty Fighter as a prereq. They do make a good combo, Lucretia has both (for agility tricks).
Still, unless you are taking a number of other actions you are probably better off just spending the benny for Extra Effort (especially with Elan).
True. The combo is best if you're a hardline melee fighter (that's why Savant has the build Lucretia has). But Dirty Fighter on its own is nice no matter who you are, because of the +2 to Trick rolls--Jude's got a decent Smarts, so a +2 on opposed rolls is very solid. Gives him a decent way to do the 'set' for Lucretia's 'spike'. The two of them just need to get used to the faster one going On Hold until the other is ready to act.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Libertas Magicum wrote:
Lucretia wrote:

True. The combo is best if you're a hardline melee fighter (that's why Savant has the build Lucretia has). But Dirty Fighter on its own is nice no matter who you are, because of the +2 to Trick rolls--Jude's got a decent Smarts, so a +2 on opposed rolls is very solid. Gives him a decent way to do the 'set' for Lucretia's 'spike'. The two of them just need to get used to the faster one going On Hold until the other is ready to act.
Yeah, Jude has decent Fighting and Shooting at d8s, but really he's built to verbally harass so someone more capable can slam them. Plus throw that Teamwork card I got down with it...it could hurt. :) I'll take a look at some of the combat edges suggested. Thanks!
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I'm actually exceedingly interested in seeing if Jude can go through the whole campaign without ever firing a shot.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Maximilian wrote:I'm actually exceedingly interested in seeing if Jude can go through the whole campaign without ever firing a shot.
Heh. Now I'm tempted to try.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “Adventure Archive”