Part 3 Spector of Dweomer: Off at Last

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 3 Spector of Dweomer: Off at Last

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Passage of Time here at the castle: 3 weeks for some reason sounds good to me. First player to ask me for something difinitive gets to dial it in more accurately for the group.

Oh also note, the RP area will eventually explain what happens to captian lumkiss. Cantrell also explains the real reason for going to Dweomer here. To join the RP discussion head on over. Cantrell Explains everything Don’t forget ypu get a benny for participating.

Folks arround the castle seem a bit more uplifted, friendlier, and optimistic than before. The ceremony recognizing the 13th really galvanized the legion and its purpose. Folks in general seem to walk arround with a bounce in their step and one eye looking toward a brighter tomorrow.

The day has arrived at last, assignments are given out every Wednesday and the 13th have been summoned once again to breifing room 1A. A fellow of unremarkable stature and girth, smiles forgettably as the 13th file in and take their seats. He is a captain himself and if he introduced himself his name was utterly so unimportant it was lost.
” Excellent, the heroes have arrived. Obviously Captian Lumpkiss will not be joining us. Serena Stargazeer has noted that you might have interest in going to Dweomer and there for assigned such awesome folks as yourself to that very task. You should know, despite your personal efforts, things are tense with the federation of magic. Rumors swirl arround that zone like a torrid tornado. Really the only thing to come out of the federation was the army lead by Captain Bane, and a few lewgionaire intelegence assets. Of course lets not forget Drei Marbles Left managed to thwart the droves of necromancers and murder wraiths and play a gig or two in Gloom. I even heard one of the Lords of Magic is a great Patron of that rocking German band.”

He pauses absently humming a few bars from one of their hits, ” You are therefor being dispatched to that city, but take care, for if anyone knew the vaunted Legionaires Exemplars were on the move... Well... For every friend the legion makes it seems we also make an enemy.” He pauses just long enough to make sure everything was being digested. He flashes his most unremarkable smile and brushes is very ordinary brown hair, ” It is a long journey from here to Dweomer, many cities, hamlets and villages in-between. One might think Whykin was a natural pit stop, but I would reccomend against it. Our COT stationed there went dark sometime after they reported a massive battle and were investigating what exactly occured. The investigation I am afraid must have stalled when one of our Legionaires was reassigned to the 32nd. That being said, they have not checked in for a week, and Whykin given their political views should probably be avoided. I am sure as Heroes this kind of thing is right up your alley, but...” He glances down at a sheet of paper and frowns, ” But a breif stop in Whykin, is not your primary mission, in fact you will not find mention of it anywhere on these order. Getting to Dweomer is your primary mission. Whykin should be avoided at all costs.” He takes a sip of water clearing his throat. ” Oh and you should know a trade caravan is heading out to Storm Spire as well. Why they are taking a host of dogboy crazies is beyond me!”

He slides the breifing papers to Cantrell and with a smooth forgettable smile and a bland gleam in his eye winks at everyone as he continues, ” You have the rest of the day and evening to prepare. QuarterMaster Beckwith will gladly assist such legendary heroes such as yourselves with any personal request, and I mean any request. Although if you had the unlucky fortune of pissing him off... That man holds a grudge like no other. Finally it seems with Tera Silverforge off doing only god knows in the south west the Zone Ranger is yours for now. This room has been made available for your strategic use all day. It has requisite maps and access to legionaire files on the federation of magic and more generally the magic zone. I am also here unless so dismissed to give you any assistance. If you are able to shed light on why exactly Serena Stargazer has assigned you to head to Dweomer I may be able to help you further in your preparations. Any questions?”
Player Guidance
Feel free to answer his question, ask questions, narrate appropriate streetwise rolls, or kn politic rolls, or really any kind of roll you think will get you more info... Perhaps even check your sheet for any contacts... GM will respond based on those kinds of rolls.
Cantrell
If you could please make sure you end a post with something definitive on where exactly you want to go. I would appriociate it.
Requisitions and getting geared up
Head over to this post and meet with Zion Beckwith http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 434#p35562

Breifing room 1A is available for you to use all day long. You guys can come and go as you please, strategize and talk about your vague assignment as you please. There is even a cool phone with a sweet lady on the other end who will help you out if you need anything. Something happens to each of you during that day, they don’t happen all simultaneous just at some point that day while you are taking breaks from using the breifing room. Also the ordinary captain assigned to your team in lue of Pender not being there will remain unless dismissed.
Jude
As you are getting ready in your room. A note falls out of your jacket. You have never seen it, and it bares your families CS letterhead. Its written in Nicole’s hand.
Hey Jude,
I caught your speech. My big brother is a hero! I’ll let mom and dad know you saved the world. They’ll roll their eyes, but deep down they love you and will be proud. I know I am. Hey, I know we have not always seen eye to eye, but you made me a promise... When I got married you would be there. I met a really great guy, loves the CS and loves me. We are all set to get married next month... You remember the town Sault Ste Marie up in the iron heart territory? We went there as kids, it has that fantastic bakery, Creme De La Creme and there is that little inlet on the water. Ceremony is all set when Jack gets home. He is on some deep cover assignment. Gosh I miss him Jude, you would get along with him so well. Hopefully I’ll see you there! A real honest to god hero! Wait till mom, dad, and the folks back home hear about that. Well big bro seems I’ll be heading to the site of some kind of massive battle and they need some hotshot fliers to provide security for the recovery team.
Cantrell
A note wrapped arround a cyber eye is lying on your pillow.
I hear you go by top dog these days Cantrell. Caught your speech to the legions finest, a shame indeed. Do you remember those Tolkeen scum bags you let go? Do you recollect how you betrayed all of us to get out? Do you remember the commander that assisted you? Well I finally found him and I’ll be mailing peices of that nice hearted Tolkeen commander to you from time to time, I wonder how long he will survive. Watch your back Cantrell and keep clear of Whykin if you know what is good for you. . There is a faint blood red paw print on the bottom of the note. The cyber eye, is eirily familiar...
Zan
A pleasant man knocks on your fridged door of your current cave, he has firey red hair. He smiles curtly. He is ruggedly dressed, his physical features are that of a body builder, and he has a handel bar mustache. ” I wanted to meet the competition. The name is MacDonald, I hear you are the owner of the Red Robin in Gloom. You should know I have a claim to the city as well. I also have franshises in Whykin, Stormspire, and I am developing connections in Dweomer for an expansion. I also have a catering service, and I will be in Iron Heart country at the end of next month feeding a wedding... Perhaps the first salvo into expanding my business into the Coalition territories.”. He smiles all friendly at Zan, ” Why tell you this? Because I am a fucking dragon too, the mighty flamewind Ed Haven MacDonald, and I want you at your best when I shut down your operations.” The man grins and flexes his muscles then spins walking out.
Libertas
A communique pops on your pad. It reads: Room 207, step into the closet and be cleansed. It is time to rid yourself of posessions that have twisted your mind and soul. One chance necktech wizard, one chance only. Come alone.
Jitters
Your tail taps you on the shoulder with a drawing in tow... A picture of a crudely drawn samson power armor, similiar to the one Cantrell blasted apart in the library, is drawn on it using crayons. There are hearts all arround it, and a sunshine rainbow at the edges. The back of the drawing says in a young kids hand writing, I miss you Sam... When are you coming back?. It seems a little wet. At the far end of the hallway, near the Legion’s daycare a young girl, wearing clothes two sizes too big and a face far too dirty, with blonde hair is sitting near the entrance crying.
A woman pauses next to Jitters looking at the girl. The woman gosips to Jitters, ” Did you here about Sally? I guess her brother Sam must have fell into the wrong crowd. He got blasted up fiercely in the Library. Its sad really he was all she had left... Some folks can’t catch a break.”
Max
You find Alex at Nadine buffing the legs out. His own PA, a super trooper, is next too it. Looks like Alex painted Nadine Jr. on the side of one of the Super Trooper Legs. A big bar is sitting next to Nadine, it maches the type Max got for his promotion. Earlier Mrs. Dee talked to you about the final desicion on taking the boy with you on your adventures. Her words haunt you, Max, Alex still hopes he is going with you... Be sure you wish him to stay? He waves at you, a bit sad that he is not going with you,” Max! Look at what I found, I think I can pin it on Nadine! I even think I can rig it so that those chain swords will fly out of it.” He points towards three chain swords.

Out of the corner of your eye, you swear you see a hooded figure disapear into the castle wall battlements.
Pandion
Serina Stargazer, one of the council members of the council of hope finds you rather purposefully in the hallway. She asks you to step into a room, the chemistry lab equipment room, that convienently is unoccupied. She is vaguely fae like, and known to be a layline walker of extrodinairy abilities: seeing the future is one of them.
She smiles at Pandion, ” Lord Coake told me he was assigning you to the 13th to protect them. But I must tell you I forsaw this, and... “She pauses picking up a Drei Marbles Left play bill from Gloom that just happened to be sitting on the desk. ” What would you say if I told you the 13th was put together with this future in mind. I can only glimpse fragments but I... Well its no coincidence that musical prodigies make up the group, and I understand you are quite capable yourself.” She pauses flipping through the playbill that a now deceased radio station manager had put together. ” Peering into the future is a fickle thing and answers are not often forth coming. Someone with the name Magicore or at least something close to that is being saught after by many parties, chief being the black market... But another group, somehow created by this Timey-wimey bullshit as Cantrell would aptly say is also seeking it, and it is this group that I beleive is causing trouble in Dweomer.” She looks at the door, and says, ” Time is short Pandion, I beleive you will find this Magicore before anyone else if you keep an open mind to the infinite that surrounds us all.” She smiles breifly nods and abscently taps a pair of goggles nailed to the wall as she walks out.
Flint
Something niggles your mind, like someone is watching you from afar. At one point you turn the corner, only to bump into Lord Coake. Only when you finish passing him he looks far younger. A voice eerily sounding like Conner Coake yells, Give me the ring. Its a bewildering experience because a quick shake of the head and it was actually Ms. Dee you bumped into and she is gathering a bunch of fallen papers that had dropped.
” Are you ok Flint?” She asks, her face is right infront of Flint’s as you both are gathering the papers. She looks at your hand and oddly asks,” Can I have the ring?”
Before any answer can be given a Psi-blade goes through her face and into Flint’s eye!!!

Was it all a dream? Flint? ” Flint?” The kid Alex pokes you awake and a few legion doctors are running in with looks of relief on their faces. Alex looks up at Flint, ” Oh man, Sorry Flint I... I thought you stopped breathing, but I guess you were just catching up on some beauty rest... Man, I was just taking a break from buffing out Nadine and I see you slumped over, called the docks as quick as I could.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Part 3 Spector of Dweomer: Off at Last

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Lib's Tinkering
First Job
Minor Mod to Water Rifle: +1 Shooting (5K Cr.)
Techno-Wizardry [dice]0[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]1[/dice]
Time [dice]2[/dice] Hours
Raise: Gain a 2nd Minor Upgrade. Take another +1 Shooting (5K Cr., no additional time)
Total Time: 1 Day

Second Job
Major Mod to ShadowCloak: Assassin Edge (20K Cr.)
Techno-Wizardry [dice]3[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]4[/dice]
Bennie Re-Roll
Techno-Wizardry [dice]6[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]8[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]7[/dice]
Raise: No additional room for a Minor Slot, unfortunately
Time [dice]5[/dice] Days
Total Time: 14 Days

Third Job
Use Father's Knife to enhance the value of the Desk Inlay
Knowledge: Artisan [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Artisan [dice]10[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny [dice]11[/dice]
Ace Running Total [dice]12[/dice]
2 Raises = x20 Value (Original value 10K Cr on open market, 20K to 'right buyer'; new value 200K/400K)
Time [dice]13[/dice] Days
Total Time 19 Days

Total Expenditure: 30K Cr.
During the downtime, Lib decides to up his combat effectiveness. Enhancing the Obsidian Clasp on his Shadowcloak, he adds a system that lets him determine vital spots when he's got time to strike from an unobserved position. He also sets an auto-targeting system on his water-rifle, making it obscenely accurate--combined with rapid fire, the weapon should be easily able to gut someone or decapitate an opponent.

Still waiting for orders, but not sure he has enough time to embark on another large-scale project, he decides to up the workmanship on his desk inlay. By the time he's done, the various metals are not merely well-formed, they're all engraved with almost impossibly fine details that also react to the larger movements--sailors aboard the sky-ships, animals on the floating island-continents, and so forth.

It's a few days after he's finished that project (only to realize, belatedly, that there are few people in the Castle both in the market for, and with the bankroll to acquire, such an artifact. Opting to stow it for now, he passes the time in casual tinkering, until they get their orders. He also draws up a few possible plans for what to do with the teeth of a certain deceased shark-man, but he definitely wants to save that for when he knows he's got time to work.

Cantrell's announcement about heading to Dweomor first disappointed him, but he supposed it was inevitable--and half the Book is there, too, so it's not like they won't be able to snub Geist a bit in the process.

When the message arrives on his communicator, he frowns. Necktech? Come alone? The... closet? Really? He sighs. Best to see what this is about. There's been some weird incidents going on lately, strange looks and such, that aren't fully explained by the tail's activities (especially since he's been keeping it on lockdown in the Castle proper--it twitches and distracts him constantly, throwing off his balance, but at least he doesn't have Cantrell following him around with a pair of hedge-clippers--and he lets it 'free' when he goes into town, so that it doesn't get too cranky, and the only thing it swiped were some fruit from the farmer's market [pity he didn't care for dragonfruit]), and it'd behoove him to put this matter to rest before they got on the road.

Still, it'd be foolish to go to such an obviously hostile encounter without any precautions, so he makes certain that ALL of his gear is fully charged up, including both the Communication Band around his head and the newly enhanced ShadowCloak. As he gets to the door, he unlocks the tail and lets it hold the Staff, then pulls out the Beetlebox--not an offensive tool, but if he's got to get out of there, flying away at 2000 feet per minute is a good way to get gone.

Using his left hand (which has both the tattoo he got from the Time Mage and his own Yin Gauntlet--okay, maybe he's a LITTLE set for offense), he opens the door to room 207 and goes in, looking around; if there's an obvious closet, he'll go there and knock--the still-classic Shave-and-a-haircut pattern, since this whole thing still seems kind of ridiculous.
Additional Notes
Assuming ranged weapons were fully charged right from the start, he spends 5 PPE to charge up Shadowcloak (3), Armor (1) and Comm Band (1), leaving him with 20, plus the 10 in the Staff.

Since I'm always forgetting about it, rolling Danger Sense, just in case, as well as a regular Notice roll. Hm... Note to self: TW those Goggles, already....

Danger Sense [dice]14[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]18[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]20[/dice] ACE because why not [dice]21[/dice] Using all the ACEs [dice]22[/dice]
Wild Danger Sense [dice]15[/dice]

Notice [dice]16[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]19[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]17[/dice]
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

Pandion ponders the woman’s words. What was the name she mentioned, Magicore? I’ve heard someone say that recently. Who was it? She tapped the goggles hanging on the wall on the way out, She must have meant something by that. Pandion grabs the googles on the way out of the room and shoves them in his pocket.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian smiles proudly at Alex. "Kid, that looks great! I'm sure it'll be a great addition to her bag of tricks!" He walks over and gives the kid a high five. "Listen. I know you wanted to come with us. I thought a lot about it the last few weeks. I still think it's best that you stay here for now. Do some training. I'm telling you, those sensors you've worked up are going to be extremely useful at the castle, and you know they'll need your help to implement the changes. You can't do that if you're off running around with me."
Max wraps his arm around Alex and paces around the feet of the Titan. "Alex, you're like my own pup. I won't let anything happen to you. You've got people here to look out for you while I'm gone. When I get back, we'll check out the moves you've got in your Trooper and see if you've got the chops to join up. We can load up some IR lasers for some wargames, and I'll let you take a shot at Nadine. I promise you. When that day comes, I'm sure Cantrell will let you in. She knows what you've been through and what you can do. And you know I'll go to bat for you myself."
Max gives the kid a warm smile and a hug. This must be what it's like to have pups. If only Nadine could be here...
A hooded figure flits out of the motor pool and melts into the shadows.

Later on, Max grabs Cantrell. "Listen, Top Dog...remember that package we were supposed to drop off at Whykin? We never did. I know that because a market rep told me we never did. Here. In my room a few weeks back, right as we returned from Gloom. Timing sucks, but better late than never with some of these people. I know the new captain...what was his name? Whatever. I know he was all freaked out about us not going through Whykin...but we should pass through Whykin." He salutes crisply. "If you think we can swing it."
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Room 207
The room and the closet

The room is clean, a bed unused, desk and neatly situated chair, no personal effects. A note is posted on the wide open closet door. Enter and be cleansed of all that which gives you power. Surrender now and evil will be no more. Step through and be forever cleaned and if worthy be reborn.

The closet door is wide open and faces the bed about 4 feet away. You can sense the magical energy pouring from the closet. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up as a hole in time and space forms above the bed and Laddy Viggo pops in. She is holding her side, a gash oosing blood drips all over the clean sheets . She recognizes Libertas and nods fighting through the pain, ” The closet...” She coughs stumbling off the bed. She twists her ankle in the sheets and goes sprawling head over heels toward the open closet. For ill or good the staff she wields springs from her hand and it too goes bounding for the closet. In this split second Libertas realizes he is out of position, however his tail is not... Its time to make a choice, Scara’s staff or Lady Viggo... Because he and more pointedly his tail can only save one from spilling into the magical closet. Or he let them both go bounding in. Either way what the closet does will soon be revealed.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Looking at Alex the old man’s eyes dart to his own hand.

The ring.

Still there.

Sigh.

Gathering himself Flint stands back up. Pushing Alex away when he tries to help Flint grumps:

”I’m fine. Tha... thank you Alex. I’m ok.”

Quickly heading down the hallway Flint looks over his shoulder several times and returns to his room. Lifting a photo of an old, but beautiful woman, Flint thinks:

Sadie? Can you hear me? I told them all. Fight for what you love. I should never have left you. Major René Cote, Coalition Zapper. I could have been just René. Damn it Sadie. Do I stay Legion? Or do I join you in the Federation?

Damn it.

An hour later Flint heads to Room 1A to meet the rest.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 11
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Smarts 6
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]7[/dice]
As the captain briefed them, he emphatically told them under no circumstances were they allowed to stop at Whykin, which not only made Jitters curious as to why, but it also made him want to stop there even more and wonder what the captain's agenda was for trying to steer clear of Whykin. On the one hand, it could be simple plausible deniability, they need to send an SET to investigate, and the 13th just happens to be going in that direction, but on the other hand this captain could be a CS spy or Federation of Magic Spy, or even Black Market Spy. It's bad enough the Master Dev Black turned out to be a traitor in the ranks, who else could be trusted, and this guy is so forgettable, he would make a great spy. But then again on the tail, it could really be the Tomorrow Legion High Command just giving strict and clear orders to be followed. As Jitters pondered this, he focused his thoughts and improved his sneakiness, and then attempts to pick pocket the captain looking for anything that would point to the captain being a spy.
Expert Training Stealth Psionics 13
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Stealth 12
[dice]11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]12[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]13[/dice]
Later that day (assuming he doesn't get thrown into the brig), his tail shows him the picture that the girl had drawn. When a girl near him tells him of the sad story of how Sally lost her last living relative, who happened to have been the power armor operator from the Great Library, it practically broke his heart. Jitters turns to her and asks "How much would it cost to get someone to take her in as a foster child?"
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Room 207
Lib's brain goes into a fevered overdrive, of the sort that he's rarely experienced since his old testing days as an apprentice. It's not just fast--many of the thoughts seem to occur simultaneously, running in parallel instead of in series.

I am not a cold-blooded killer; I do not want Lady Viggo to die without actual cause. This thought-train is emphatic--there are inner dissensions, but they are silenced almost savagely.

This is either a trap, or legit. If it's a trap, she's probably dead no matter what I do, in which case I'd be better off grabbing the Staff. Assume legit as a counter-point.

Currently, she needs the Staff to survive. If I keep her from going into the closet, but let the Staff go, she is almost certain to suffer a long, slow, and painful death.

If I snag the Staff, I gain a weapon of power that might be useful, later, or might doom us all because that's the way these things go. She goes in, and... well, maybe because she's abandoned her gear, she gets saved.

If I let both of them go, then she can choose for herself to either keep the Staff (in which case she'll probably survive but remain cursed, or be annihilated by whatever giraffe-humping piss-drinker thinks they have the right to judge us), OR she'll voluntarily surrender the Staff, in which case she'll be purified and saved.

I could dive in after her, but no, I'm not giving up my gear for nobody, and Closet Monster is gonna have to do better than this to change my mind on that one.

The thought-trains all shut down, leaving him with a clear choice.

His tail lashes out, grabbing the Staff... and flick-throwing it directly at Lady Viggo, making it easier for her to grab as she passes into the Closet, if she chooses.

"Good luck, LV--you get to decide your own fate, I guess." And if I guessed wrong, well, at least I tried.

Then, he waits, and observes.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Jitters wrote:
Notice 11
[dice]35723:0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:6[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]35723:2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:3[/dice]
Smarts 6
[dice]35723:4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:5[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:7[/dice]
As the captain briefed them, he emphatically told them under no circumstances were they allowed to stop at Whykin, which not only made Jitters curious as to why, but it also made him want to stop there even more and wonder what the captain's agenda was for trying to steer clear of Whykin. On the one hand, it could be simple plausible deniability, they need to send an SET to investigate, and the 13th just happens to be going in that direction, but on the other hand this captain could be a CS spy or Federation of Magic Spy, or even Black Market Spy. It's bad enough the Master Dev Black turned out to be a traitor in the ranks, who else could be trusted, and this guy is so forgettable, he would make a great spy. But then again on the tail, it could really be the Tomorrow Legion High Command just giving strict and clear orders to be followed. As Jitters pondered this, he focused his thoughts and improved his sneakiness, and then attempts to pick pocket the captain looking for anything that would point to the captain being a spy.
[dice]35723:8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:9[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die [dice]35723:10[/dice]
Stealth 12
[dice]35723:11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:12[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:13[/dice]
Later that day (assuming he doesn't get thrown into the brig), his tail shows him the picture that the girl had drawn. When a girl near him tells him of the sad story of how Sally lost her last living relative, who happened to have been the power armor operator from the Great Library, it practically broke his heart. Jitters turns to her and asks "How much would it cost to get someone to take her in as a foster child?"
Jitters Stealin Tail
From Captain Ordinary Jitters’ tail grabs two things. The 1st when he gets a chance to read it is a signed confession from Captain Pender Lumkiss detailing in not so much detail how he, and he alone, single handedly disabled the Chromium legion before the blackmarket and Mystic knight attack. The second is a matchbook with a fancy F on the front of it.
2746C729-8ED4-4731-8E30-F36B63A14E1A.jpeg
Jitters and the little girl
The woman in the hallway looks at Jitters, she shakes her head, ”Its not like the Legion is going to cast her out. We will try to find a place and hom for her. She lost her mother in Gloom a several weeks ago, she was there on a business trip. Her father died in the War. Sam was all she had left. Credits might help in the lond run, but she needs a family, or a friend.” The woman walks toward the young girl trying to comfort her. But the girl Sally consumed by grief runs toward Jitters and more exactly toward a nearby staircase leading up to the top battlements.
Max’s goodbye to Alex
Alex, looks at his Top Dog, and down at his own cyber leg. He focuses relentlessly on Nadine’s leg... Seriously there is one spot super polished!! His tears come feirce but he just keeps working harder and harder on making sure Nadine is prepped and ready to go. Weirdly he does not say anything except, ” All done.” when he is finished. Afterwards its like the kid disapeared, he is oddly hard to find.
Chain Saw Launcher, 15/30/60 ROF: 3 Shots: 9, uses standard Chainswords to refill 1-3D10 AP4, snapfire penalty
This launcher is built right into the metal plate attached to Nadine signifying Max’s rank. It can only be fired in a forward facing arc. As it moves out to longer ranges the damage becomes less severe as the overall velocity of the flying projectile decreases. It is primary used as a close ranged surprise attack.
  • The Drop Special Ability: With a Steathroll at -2 you can surprise a foe that does not know about this feature per the rules of the drop.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
OOC Comments
Jitters wrote:
Notice 11
[dice]35723:0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:6[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]35723:2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:3[/dice]
Smarts 6
[dice]35723:4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:5[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:7[/dice]
[dice]35723:8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:9[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die [dice]35723:10[/dice]
Stealth 12
[dice]35723:11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]35723:12[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]35723:13[/dice]
Jitters Stealin Tail
From Captain Ordinary Jitters’ tail grabs two things. The 1st when he gets a chance to read it is a signed confession from Captain Pender Lumkiss detailing in not so much detail how he, and he alone, single handedly disabled the Chromium legion before the blackmarket and Mystic Night attack. The second is a matchbook with a fancy F on the front of it.
2746C729-8ED4-4731-8E30-F36B63A14E1A.jpeg
Jitters and the little girl
The woman in the hallway looks at Jitters, she shakes her head, ”Its not like the Legion is going to cast her out. We will try to find a place and hom for her. She lost her mother in Gloom a several weeks ago, she was there on a business trip. Her father died in the War. Sam was all she had left. Credits might help in the lond run, but she needs a family, or a friend.” The woman walks toward the young girl trying to comfort her. But the girl Sally consumed by grief runs toward Jitters and more exactly toward a nearby staircase leading up to the top battlements.
Max’s goodbye to Alex
Alex, looks at his Top Dog, and down at his own cyber leg. He focuses relentlessly on Nadine’s leg... Seriously there is one spot super polished!! His tears come feirce but he just keeps working harder and harder on making sure Nadine is prepped and ready to go. Weirdly he does not say anything except, ” All done.” when he is finished. Afterwards its like the kid disapeared, he is oddly hard to find.
Chain Saw Launcher, 15/30/60 ROF: 3 Shots: 9, uses standard Chainswords to refill 1-3D10 AP4, snapfire penalty
This launcher is built right into the metal plate attached to Nadine signifying Max’s rank. It can only be fired in a forward facing arc. As it moves out to longer ranges the damage becomes less severe as the overall velocity of the flying projectile decreases. It is primary used as a close ranged surprise attack.
  • The Drop Special Ability: With a Steathroll at -2 you can surprise a foe that does not know about this feature per the rules of the drop.
Jitters writes on the back of it I'd like to talk to you alone, folds the confession up so that it can fit in the palm of his hand, then goes to Cantrell, saying "Sir, I'd like to go do some research in the library, if that is all right with you. I think it may pertain to our journey, but I want to find out some more details first." He goes to shake her hand and pass the note from his hand to hers.
Stealth 9
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Upon entering the library, Jitters sees Isiah Comstock in a much calmer frame of mind. He walks over to him and says "Isiah! How are you doing?" After a few minutes of pleasantries are exchanged, Jitters gets down to brass tacks. "Listen, I came down here to research a symbol that I feel has great bearing on the 13th's next mission, but I can't divulge any more information than that at the moment"
Isiah's Rolls - if I am allowed to roll for him
Investigate [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

K/History [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Investigate 6
[dice]6[/dice] Ace!
Investigate Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
+2 from Assist by Isiah = 6
Knowledge History 13
[dice]8[/dice] Ace!
K/History Ace [dice]12[/dice] Ace!
K/History Ace [dice]13[/dice] Ace!
K/History Ace [dice]14[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
+2 from Assist by Isiah = 13
After the Library, Jitters tracks down Alex, finding him in the Robot Vehicle hangar, polishing one spot on Nadine very, very well. "Are you trying to turn Nadine's left shin into a Glitter Boy, because it's definitely shining like it!" Jitters starts in a joking tone, chuckling until he notices Alex's cheeks are red and tear stained. "I see Max has already talked to you." As Jitters says this, Alex starts to bolt until he's stopped by Jitters tail.

"Leave me alone!" Alex screams, fighting Jitters' tail for a few moments until he runs out of steam and collapses to the floor in a sobbing heap. Jitters uses his tail to pick the boy up and lay him down in his arms.

"I've heard about what happened to you, back in Silver Bluff. And it's tough, Alex. Countless people have been killed in wars and battles, but the real victims are their families back home, who lose someone that they love or care about. I'd like you to do a me a huge favor. There's a little girl by the name of Sally who just lost her brother a couple weeks ago in that fiasco in the library. He'd apparently fallen in with the Black Market or some such. She lost her mother a few months prior to that in Gloom, and her father long before that. Now, she has no one to take care of her, or look after her, kinda like you until Max took you in for a while. Be her Max, Alex. Please" Jitters sits Alex back down on Nadine's foot, takes his cred stick and transfers 50,000 credits to it. "I added some money to your cred stick to help you take care of her. Take care, Alex." And with that, Jitters exits the hangar.
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

What Jitters uncovers
There is a pre-rift history book that has the same symbol on it(at least best you can tell, the book is old and not in the best shape). The book talks about a powerful family.
  • The House of Medici (/ˈmɛdɪtʃi/ MED-i-chee; Italian pronunciation: [ˈmɛːditʃi]) was an Italian banking family and political dynasty that first began to gather prominence under Cosimo de' Medici in the Republic of Florence during the first half of the 15th century. The family originated in the Mugello region of Tuscany and prospered gradually until it was able to fund the Medici Bank. This bank was the largest in Europe during the 15th century, and it facilitated the Medicis' rise to political power in Florence, although they officially remained citizens rather than monarchs until the 16th century.
The F, specifically stood for the families motto: Festina lente.

Other than that Jitters could find no reference to it in more recent years.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Can I find out the major banks that operate in Whykin, Dweomer, Stormspire, and the City of Brass?
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Knowledge (Politics) 7
Knowledge (Politics) [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]2[/dice]
"What is the political situation in Whykin like these days, Captain? Or Dweomer, for that matter. We've been in the field for quite a while, and our intel on anything east of here is probably outdated by some time. Knowing who the power players are where we're headed -- that'd be Dweomer -- and in the places we'll plan to bypass -- that'd be Whykin -- would be really useful," Cantrell says, pumping the innocuous captain for information.

Back in her room, Cantrell turns over the note and says. She doesn't need to study the paw print to know who it's from.

K-2-6, her old Number 2. She wasn't surprised he'd taken her abrupt exit from Coalition service badly. She was just sorry he'd found someone from Tolkeen to take it out on.

Not just someone. She didn't need to look at the cyber-eye, either, to know the color. Ice blue, like the inside of a glacier.

Lyssandra. One of the cyber-centaurs of Ixion, she'd been the commander in the Tolkeen forces who'd decided to take a chance that Cantrell's attempt to defect was genuine. She'd been ... kind wasn't the right word. Generous, certainly. Helpful, but tough. She'd kept Cantrell in cuffs for a week, and on restricted movement for a month after that. Cantrell had liked her immediately. If K-2-6 had her, though ... best not to think about it. Yet.

Maximilian wrote:Later on, Max grabs Cantrell. "Listen, Top Dog...remember that package we were supposed to drop off at Whykin? We never did. I know that because a market rep told me we never did. Here. In my room a few weeks back, right as we returned from Gloom. Timing sucks, but better late than never with some of these people. I know the new captain...what was his name? Whatever. I know he was all freaked out about us not going through Whykin...but we should pass through Whykin." He salutes crisply. "If you think we can swing it."
"Oh, we can swing it. Keep it quiet, but we're definitely making a pit-stop in Whykin. Load some extra ammo, if you can, 'cause I have a feeling things might get messy."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:
Knowledge (Politics) 7
Knowledge (Politics) [dice]35928:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]35928:1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]35928:2[/dice]
"What is the political situation in Whykin like these days, Captain? Or Dweomer, for that matter. We've been in the field for quite a while, and our intel on anything east of here is probably outdated by some time. Knowing who the power players are where we're headed -- that'd be Dweomer -- and in the places we'll plan to bypass -- that'd be Whykin -- would be really useful," Cantrell says, pumping the innocuous captain for information.

In the breifing room the ordinary Captain takes Cantrell’s request under consideration. He pauses an average amount and abswers, Oh, Whykin... King Renyold Popula rules, I beileve he is getting on in age and his son will soon be ready to assume the throne. Cyber Knight Sir Jasper still gives counsel to the ruling family. It is rumored that they have signed a treaty very recently with the coalition becoming one of its members. Thats part of why it is being reccomended all SETs avoid the area. If they are part of the coalition we do not want the eyes of the CS on us. That really would be unfortunate, the magistrate of the Whykin port Mr. ahh. Norman is such an interesting person and more than an average slob.” His use of the word unfortunate would seem to actually mean fortunate in this context. ” Its not like the city is going to vanish or anything like that, haha...” His cheeks and belly jiggle slightly when he laughs.

He takes a very unremarkable swig of water and continues, ” Lets see Dweomer... It is ruled over by the 3 magi of magic. Powerful mages that from what I understand only pay a token of respect to Dunscon. It is their lack of fervent support that gives legion command hope for an alliance. When the call for aid went out in the war against Geist, Duscon did not send his own troops, it was the Lords of Magic that sent troops from Dweomer forth. It is said the Lord’s of Magic rule over Dweomer is ironclad, but I suppose only time will tell if that is true. The propietor of the Diamond Hotel, Ms. Malek is a strong proponent of our alliance and even sent chief Elle Owl a communicate recently... She has never been a friend of the black market. ” He chuckles slightly taking another sip.

He places the water cup down, ” Speaking of the cheif, I actually have something to deliver to her...” He pats his pocket where Jitters stole a letter... ” If there is nothing else, I wish you legendary heroes all the best.” If no further questions he heads out leaving the SET to their own devices.
Captain Ordinary
His uniform says Captain Doubletown.
709FC1E3-C775-413E-B2BF-2270734F56F9.jpeg
Jitters Stealin Tail, repeat
From Captain Ordinary Jitters’ tail grabs two things. The 1st when he gets a chance to read it is a signed confession from Captain Pender Lumkiss detailing in not so much detail how he, and he alone, single handedly disabled the Chromium legion before the blackmarket and Mystic knight attack. The second is a matchbook with a fancy F on the front of it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Politics 5
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]2[/dice]
Jude listened to the proposed plan and the mission. “You know, boss, Stormspire is practically on the way to Dweomer. We could ride shotgun on that trade caravan. Always best to travel in packs, right Max?” Jude flashed their dog boy a smile. And a little time traveling with Tesse Lightbringer and Crystal Clad wouldn’t be a hardship.

When the discussion turns to Whykin -- out of the earshot of Captain Zero -- Jude said, “Cantrell and I did some contract work out there, before the Legion. More recently I may have, ah, executed a police captain when I pulled a burster off an execution line,” Jude said. “I doubt any of their security footage survived to catch me on it.” He coughed into his fist a bit. “Sierra burned the police station pretty thoroughly to the ground. But I know there were wanted posters circulating for her after, so maybe that might be an issue.” He just wanted Cantrell aware, just in case.

On a break from the planning, Jude went to his room to grab a shower. He spotted an old, dusty bottle sitting on his bed and picked it up. “Damn…” Jude remarked, noting the vintage of the fine single malt Kentucky bourbon. Living in the Fed had some perks.

Curious, Jude turned the bottle over and grinned. He wasn’t adept at magic, but he had picked up a bit of knowledge. He’d lived in Stormspire with Crystal Clad for a few months. He recognized a maker’s mark on the bottle, and some of the mystic runes that enchanted it, making the bottle unbreakable, but also making it everfull. It would never run out of fine bourbon.

“Thank you, Bane,” Jude said, putting the bottle on the desk as he started to pull off his jacket. A note fell out, and Jude picked it up, puzzled, as he opened it.

Jude’s heart skipped a moment as he saw the familiar Coalition letterhead of his family and the familiar handwriting of his little sister. Jude sank down onto the bed as he read.

“Oh, Nici…” Jude sighed. “You didn’t get my note…” He rubbed his face. Jack was dead. The Thirteenth had killed him.

Jude fumbled with the whiskey bottle and poured himself a generous glass, tossing it back, gasping at the burn. Could he get leave to go to Sault Ste. Marie? Would Nicole even be there when she found out Jack was dead? He wished he had some way to contact her. She had somehow heard about Gloom.

Pouring himself another drink, Jude undressed and headed to the shower. He had a never ending bottle of alcohol to get drunk on tonight.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Room 207
Lady V separates from Scara’s staff for an instant and she starts to vanish from existence but Libertas’ timely flick of the tail ensures she has the staff that is sustaining her life as she tumbles head over heels into the closet. Once she is in it a great while glow forms almost like a heavenly force. It permeates her person and the staff. She cries out in pain, ”It is judging me!” A tremendous amount of energy flows through the closet and Libertas can feel it wash over himself. Anything with a hint of necromantic Power shivers. The staff disintegrates into a swirl of dust that goes into to the shark Lady’s body.

Her pain turns to joy and she laughs as the white light begins to fade, ” It’s working Libertas I can feel my temporal essence being healed... It’s working!” The energy released creates something unexpected: a rift to a dark world where a single eye wreathed in flame stares at the Lady Shark and to a lesser extent Libertas.

A horrible voice thunders calling to the shark lady and it’s noise presses against Libertas’ skull, ” Be my wraith, a keeper of the king of rings”. Lady Viggo yells trying to resist shadowy fingers outstretched drawing her into the portal. Libertas is in a position to use what strength he has to wrestle her free from the extraplanar grip, or contest with the creature’s will and seal the rift. Whatever Libertas does he best hurry as the door of the closet seems ready to snap shut at any moment.
2 options present themselves:
1)Libertas makes a STR-4 roll to free the shark lady TN is 4

2) Libertas can make a TW roll at -2 and this is opposed by whomever is on the other side to seal the rift.

A successful outcome means that the shark lady makes it out of he closet and the door snaps shut and when opened it is a normal looking closet.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib smiles, at first, glad to see her reaction--then blinks in surprise as things take a turn for the Sauron.

"Oh, hell fucking no, I am NOT having Ladynazgul Viggo added to my Rogues' Gallery." So declaring, he steps forward and attempts to physically wrest the sharkwoman out of the dark hand's grasp.
OOC Comments
Strength [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Strength [dice]1[/dice]
Bennie Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
But.... she slips free from his grasp and is drawn through the portal as it closes. "SHIT!!"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”