The Arcane Engineer - Part 1

Now stop nagging me.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Arcane Engineer - Part 1

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Common Knowledge (-2 for being across the pond, as it were)
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die
[dice]1[/dice]
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Is it true the NGR is surrounded by demon-filled forests?" That might explain a few things, at least. Maybe if he sticks around long enough, he'll get a wider perspective....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Libertas Magicum wrote:"Is it true the NGR is surrounded by demon-filled forests?" That might explain a few things, at least. Maybe if he sticks around long enough, he'll get a wider perspective....
Markus face gets darker, as if a cloud pass over his factions.
"Yes, we are surrounded. The Gargoyle and Brodkill empires threaten our borders, murdering, torturing, destroying everything they can. Only by the sacrifice of the NGR army and Triax technology we have managed to survive. But we are fighting an endless war, unless we can eradicate all of humanity's enemies."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Maybe if they didn't treat all non-humans the same they would have more allies in their fight.

As much as she wants to speak up, she doesn't.

It doesn't matter if his attitudes are wrong-headed. I need to keep the peace between my subordinates, not start fights.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan seemed entirely happy with the offer of steak. Cooked, not cooked. What ever he wasn't terribly picky and apparently had the eating habits of, well, a dog. He didn't even bother using a knife and fork to eat it but simply picked it up and began chewing and gnawing at it, wagging away the whole time, clearly quite happy. He'd even crunch on and gnaw at the bone rather loudly, not seeming to be aware or at least not care if it bothered others. He would even pause and lightly growl at anyone who got too close to his 'treat' in that sort of 'stay away it's mine' manner normal canines had.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas nods to Markus' comments. "It must be rough to be so far from home. Do you have any family back there?" Humanize, humanize... Ironic word, that, but hopefully it'll help. He gives a smile at Kesslan's obvious delight.

"So, Olek. You said something about getting to know one another's capabilities?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

While looking at Kesslan with obvious disgust, Markus answers Libertas briefly.
"Yes, I got family back home. I will return to them one day."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Bane

Post by Bane »

"Well, I'm willing to help you find a way back home if you would like. I understand how hard it can be to be so far away from loved ones, especially when danger could be lurking around every corner." Bane says with total empathy with no underlying motives other than helping Markus.

Persuasion: [dice]0[/dice] Success

Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

"Aside from spells, I am also a trained investigator and I know a few people in the Black Market, should we ever need those resources. From my time as an investigator, I also learned some street smarts and how to talk with people, as well as who or where to look for emergency supplies. My fighting skills are mediocre, but I can cast a spell that would be able to make me far more skilled. As a ley line walker, I can send and recieve messages via ley lines. As far as spells go, I can create armor for myself, banish demons and other creatures back to their home dimension, sling bolts of power, increase my abilities or diminish the abilities of others, detect or conceal magical auras, and disguise myself and others."
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He nods at Bane. "When I was a kid, I grew up on the streets in Stormspire. I still remember some of the, ah, less savory skills from those days, though I never got past the basics before I was apprenticed to one of the techno-wizardry factories there. Of course, that's where most of my real skills come from. I'm good with almost any sort of machine, but especially enchanted gear. I completed basic when I joined the Legion, but that's just enough to let me know which end of the vibro-sword is the dangerous one. I do have a bit of an edge with my TK Pistol, though--I'm not amazing, but it's rare that I miss, especially at close range. Now, as far as magic goes, well, I've got some gizmos I've made since I got here. The gauntlets let me steal abilities from one person and give them to another--similar to what you can do, I think, Bane, but with me, it's always both simultaneously. It's a little more efficient than trying to use them separately, but it does have some limits--can't give you what the enemy doesn't have to steal, basically. Most of you, uh, saw the clockwork bodyguard I can call up, earlier--I'm pretty sure the puzzle-box has other 'solutions', but I haven't cracked those, yet." Brilliant, just as folks are trying to get along, bring up that incident. Move along, dip$#!^...

He holds up the nozzle of the hose attached to the small tank on his belt. "The Marianas Cannon is good for non-lethal situations--it's got as much pressure as a firehose when I twist the nozzle. As a bonus, it should be an ideal weapon against vampires, though I haven't had to test that, yet." He pulls out the wand, next, showing off the topaz tip. "Stimulates tissue regeneration, and can get someone moving again if they're in shock. Stings a bit, though, but it'll close up a wound almost instantly." Finally, he brings out a tiny obsidian box with a scarab motif. "This is actually my personal favorite. Depending on how much power I pump into it, I get a bunch of beetles that can land on your backs; they then spread their wings, and you can fly. If it's dark out, they'll also cloak you in shadows, making you hard to see against the night sky, so it could be useful if we need to do an extraction at night."

He puts the gizmos away, ready for use. "But really, if I have time and still have the parts, there's not a lot I can't figure out a way to do. Kit-bashed gizmos don't last too long, but there's a whole lot I can get done with them. The ones I think are the most likely to come up for this mission would be cloaking devices and remote surveillance cameras or listening devices. But I can also make almost any kind of energy gun, or enhance your personal weapons. Given that we're going into Federation territory, I may also need to put together something that can shut down active magics."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Bane wrote:"Well, I'm willing to help you find a way back home if you would like. I understand how hard it can be to be so far away from loved ones, especially when danger could be lurking around every corner." Bane says with total empathy with no underlying motives other than helping Markus.
Markus avoids Bane's gaze.
"No thanks. A rfit got me away from home, and I don't expect another to bring me closer to it. I will get back by normal means, when possible. I will never get into a rift again if I can help it."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan finally pauses in his eating and gnawing to speak up, his ears perking. "Just don't ever tell the Coalition States you got here through a rift. They'll shoot you for being a D-bee."
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus chuckles.
"I won´t."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Markus Berger wrote: Markus avoids Bane's gaze.
"No thanks. A rfit got me away from home, and I don't expect another to bring me closer to it. I will get back by normal means, when possible. I will never get into a rift again if I can help it."
"That is quite understandable, and I am still willing to help you find more mundane ways of getting home." Bane replies.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

His lips twitch at Kesslan's remark, but he says nothing. Sometimes a little humor is better at building bridges than reasoning with someone....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Olek

Post by Olek »

I nearly dropped my drink. Kesslan that was funny. I should not dig at it. I want to ... No. Markus handled it well, I guess I shouldn't stir the pot.

"I am a Shifter, and everyone thinks all that is - is summoning monsters. I can. I can call and bind things. The thing that calls me to magic use is controlling dimensional barriers and passing between them. Travel via portals to new worlds or across our own. So, yeah. As far as getting to know each other, I cast spells. I prefer to not go hand to hand, If I do I won't be fighting fair."

Olek shrugs. Grabbing up his empty glass he stands and says:

"Refill. Pardon me as I disappear. Be right back."

Olek smiles, nods and blinks out of existence, standing there one second, gone the next.

About a minute later he returns, "popping" into existence sitting in his chair. Glancing up he says:

"There was a line at the drinks, I didn't want to piss anyone off as I cut in line to the front."

Glancing at Markus with a straight face Olek says, "So I rifted over and grabbed a refill."

Turning to look at Libertas he says, "I admire your work, it seems complicated compared to other magics."

Sitting back in his chair he enjoys his drink.

Spellcasting: TRUE INVISIBILITY

[dice]0[/dice] +1 = 13 (Aced)
[dice]1[/dice] (Total = 20 / Success with Raise) -10 ISP until recharged.
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Looking around at those gathered, head tilting a little "I'm serious. They will." Kesslan says, seeming to get the sense everyone took it as a joke. "Shoot first, ask questions later is how they operate when it comes to anything that's come out of a rift. Human or not." he points out "They just assume it isn't a human, or if it's a human, that said human is a magic user or tainted by the demonic or some sort of shape shifter or what ever crazy idea sticks in their heads."
I bring the fire
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He smiles at Kesslan. "Oh, we know you're right about that. The CS has a shoot-first attitude with almost anything, frankly. I'd be shot as quickly as you, maybe even faster if they didn't realize you're a Burster, just because I use magical gear. We weren't laughing like it was a joke, exactly--more at the folly of the CS to believe that's the best way to do things in the first place."

Then he chuckles at Olek's display of power. "Useful. Must make it easy to get into the showers in the morning, too."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Right, well if all goes well we'll never have to talk to the CS at all, and if we do we certainly won't say we've been through a rift... no... we're just mundane smugglers posing as a boring package delivery service."

She smiles; it's been a while since she's done anything like this, and while she may not like what she was doing overall now, there were certainly some fun bits.

"Let's see here. We've got three mages, with various specialties that I don't quite grasp beyond 'gadgets', 'dimensions', and... whatever Banethro's specialty is, I didn't quite follow. Banethro, you're going to be my go-to if I have any magic questions or need something done. If you think Oleksander or Libertas is better suited to answer or do the job, you pass it on to them.

She turns to Markus and Kesslan.

"Markus, I know you have a hoverbike, but other than that I don't know what you specialize in. An outrider would be useful, though I don't like the idea of sending anyone out without someone to watch their back. What about you, Kesslan? Fire, obviously, but anything else, or any specifics?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus seems more and more uncomfortable with the talk and the "shifting" to grab a drink, but stays quiet, eyes on his plate.
At Lucretia's question he looks at her, serious.
"I can't set things on fire, bind demons to my will or use magic to get in front of the line, if that is what you are asking. I am just a soldier, a simple HUMAN soldier, sir."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Soldiers, even human soldiers have specialties. Demolitions? Sniper? Commando? You don't look like a heavy weapons guy, but I could be wrong." She smiles, and in a teasing tone, continues. "Or maybe you were chef or sanitation specialist?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Bane

Post by Bane »

"Ever seen the movie Under Seige? Steven Segal was 'just' a cook in it. Anyway Markus, I led off what I can contribute to the team listing the more mundane and less obvious things that I can do. And Olek, I think I speak for everyone when I say 'We get it, you have a flair for theatrics.' That being said, can you do me a favor and tone it down a little, especially in the chow hall before you give the other spell casters the notion of using their powers of invisibility to do what you did, or worse?" Bane asks of the Shifter.
OOC Comments
Bane

Olek

Post by Olek »

Life isn't worth it without the fun parts, I'm just bored. Trying to get along. Fit in. Participate.

"Yeah Bane - I can tone it down - and Markus, if you are a chef and a warrior I'll be even more impressed. If you are 'just' a soldier that's cool by me. I only ever shot a gun one time. No talent for it. You do? Great."
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Lucretia wrote:" What about you, Kesslan? Fire, obviously, but anything else, or any specifics?"
Kesslan looks a little glass eyed at that question. "Uh..I um. I can lift really heavy things and uhhhh... smell out like.. magic and demons and stuff." he falls quiet again as the cogs slowly turn "Uhhhh.. OH! OH!" his tail starts wagging and he looks very pleased with himself "I can talk in peoples heads and stuff! But... I don't. I mean.. unless I really have to or something. Like.. an emergency. Or I suppose if ummm.. you can't understand each other otherwise?"
I bring the fire
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He smiles at Kesslan. "That could actually be really useful, especially if we're trying to be stealthy. How far can you be from the person you're communicating with? How many at once?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Lucretia wrote:"Soldiers, even human soldiers have specialties. Demolitions? Sniper? Commando? You don't look like a heavy weapons guy, but I could be wrong." She smiles, and in a teasing tone, continues. "Or maybe you were chef or sanitation specialist?"
Markus eyes steel at Lucretia jokes.
"Sanitation specialist, sir. Whatever needs to be done to protect my people, sir."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Libertas Magicum wrote:He smiles at Kesslan. "That could actually be really useful, especially if we're trying to be stealthy. How far can you be from the person you're communicating with? How many at once?"
Kesslan just sorts of stares at Libertas, or maybe it's just out into nothing for a little while.
"I.. I don't know that."
I bring the fire
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He nods at Lucretia's suggestion. "Yeah, you pretty much got it right--magic, with gadgets." He chuckles, a bit more at ease with her than at any point earlier in the conversation. "One exception, though--if someone's injured, call for me directly. I seem to be our only magical healer right now, and that's a situation where every second might count. Otherwise, yeah, I think Banetrho gets me well enough to know when to call on me."

He then lets the conversation get all awkward about sanitation engineers and whatnot, and goes back to eating to occupy his mouth. I don't see why that's an issue--the techno-wizards who operate the plumbing system in Stormspire are some of the most valued people around. Don't see any reason why that should be any less true of mundane society--moreso, really.

Then he looks at Kesslan. "Well, we have a day or two before we ship out, I think. If you want to do a little trial run later tonight, we can see if you can communicate with someone you can't see, maybe even figure out what your maximum range is."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Markus Berger wrote:Markus eyes steel at Lucretia jokes.
"Sanitation specialist, sir. Whatever needs to be done to protect my people, sir."
This guy could use a real attitude adjustment. Well, as long as he's not picking fights with anyone else, I don't really care.
"Great, you're on latrine duty. If you have any other useful skills, let me know - I'd rather not waste anyone's talents."
Libertas Magicum wrote:He nods at Lucretia's suggestion. "Yeah, you pretty much got it right--magic, with gadgets." He chuckles, a bit more at ease with her than at any point earlier in the conversation. "One exception, though--if someone's injured, call for me directly. I seem to be our only magical healer right now, and that's a situation where every second might count. Otherwise, yeah, I think Banetrho gets me well enough to know when to call on me."
"Er, actually, so long as I'm in my own armor I can heal as well. Typical Cyber-Knight augmentation. Probably not as good as you, but it'll for emergencies. Still, if anyone calls for a medic, or a mechanic, I guess, that's you."

She looks at her team.

"Speaking of armor, we should get our requisitions straightened out. We need, what, 2 or 3 sets of Maverick? Anyone by a window at least; we can magic up disguises for those of you in the back if we're getting inspected. Plus some sort of minor contraband - something that would be smuggled, but won't get us killed for having. Cheap guns, maybe?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Bane

Post by Bane »

"What about large quantity of fake gems? Gems are legitimate items, but being that they are used in Techno-Wizardry would also suspect." Bane suggests.
OOC Comments
Bane

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He grimaces, but nods, at the mention of the armor. "Oh, yeah, right. I suppose I will need a suit of Maverick, and you'll be up front with me, and with Markus outriding, that'd be three. Oleksander should probably have one, too--one less person to disguise if we gotta means more juice to do it with." He looks to the Shifter to confirm that suggestion.

He looks to Bane as the gems suggestion is made. "My concern there would be that those might be seen as too valuable. We don't want some grunt deciding to pad his paycheck with our bogus 'cargo'."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Libertas Magicum wrote:He grimaces, but nods, at the mention of the armor. "Oh, yeah, right. I suppose I will need a suit of Maverick, and you'll be up front with me, and with Markus outriding, that'd be three. Oleksander should probably have one, too--one less person to disguise if we gotta means more juice to do it with." He looks to the Shifter to confirm that suggestion.

He looks to Bane as the gems suggestion is made. "My concern there would be that those might be seen as too valuable. We don't want some grunt deciding to pad his paycheck with our bogus 'cargo'."
"Which is exactly why it would be fake gems we were transporting, and would also legitimize why all of us would be needed to guard them. We would also need to stash them so they are not easily seen, and we would need to act as if they were real gems too." Bane commented.
OOC Comments
Bane

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Hmm... and if they are discovered we can bribe our way with a portion of our 'cargo' rather than real credits. That has merit... as long as they're good enough to pass for the real thing at least for a while."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus looks at his plate.
"In this lands even food can be a valuable commodity."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:Markus looks at his plate.
"In this lands even food can be a valuable commodity."
"That's... actually a good idea. If we can't get fake gems, we could probably get some rations stamped with CS logos--almost exactly the sort of thing that would need to be smuggled, but low-key enough to not make us major targets if they're found."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Libertas Magicum wrote:"That's... actually a good idea. If we can't get fake gems, we could probably get some rations stamped with CS logos--almost exactly the sort of thing that would need to be smuggled, but low-key enough to not make us major targets if they're found."
Markus smiles at Libertas, nodding with his head.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Alright then - so we need to requisition sets of Maverick for LIbertas and myself, some New West style art - which doesn't have to be particularly good - and either fake gems or CS branded food to hide in the art. Oh, and some paint for logos. Oleksandr, it is up to you if you would like to have a set of Maverick or be stuck in the back with Banethro and Kesslan. Markus, I know how much you like your own armor... you can wear Maverick or paint logos on your armor. I'm sure you'd be able to take them off after the mission."

"¿Habla alguien más español?"
[Spanish]"Does anyone else speak Spanish?"[/Spanish]
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

"Maverick armor? No gracias, prefiero quedarme con mi propia armadura, y pintarle los logos que decidan. Las armaduras de América no se comparan con la mia."
[Spanish]"Maverick armor? No thanks, I prefer to keep my own armor, and paint any logos you choose. American armor are not comparable to mine."[/Spanish]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Oh, if we start getting shot at I can assure you that I would prefer being in my own armor too - but if it kept us from being shot at in the first place, I'd go na... er, in no armor at all."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Lucretia wrote:"Oh, if we start getting shot at I can assure you that I would prefer being in my own armor too - but if it kept us from being shot at in the first place, I'd go na... er, in no armor at all."
"If that is an order, sir?"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Olek

Post by Olek »

Lucretia wrote:"Oleksandr, it is up to you if you would like to have a set of Maverick or be stuck in the back with Banethro and Kesslan."
Looking up at the group leader when she asks him a question the Shifter shrugs, "I don't mind hanging out in the back with Bane and Kesslan. Actually Sergeant...I..."

I don't think I can do this...I was gutted, hung and spilling my life blood out until Sir Sayeen rescued me...I don't want to return to the Federation. I nearly died there.

Olek stands up, "Sgt. Lucretia? I need to speak with Lt. Ty. Please excuse me. You are all great but, I can't bring myself to return to the place I nearly died..."

Without waiting for a response the young seventeen year old Shifter disappears from sight.

Gone.

Last edited by Olek on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas takes a few very long mouthfuls of something resembling chili, then nods. "Along with the armor, we should probably requisition some basic laser pistols, too, and maybe a set of vibro-knives--the sorts of things couriers could get away with using for personal defense. If we look too unarmed, they might get suspicious about us having supernatural abilities. Oh, and if we have time, I'll see about modifying the truck seats so they can be used to conceal personal gear we don't want in plain sight. We'll have to stash my and the sergeant's armor in with the cargo, probably, but weapons and things like my gizmos should be able to be kept close at hand." Don't think about what she almost just said. Don't think about what--damn, too late.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Olek wrote:Looking up at the group leader when she asks him a question the Shifter shrugs, "I don't mind hanging out in the back with Bane and Kesslan. Actually Sergeant...I..."

I don't think I can do this...I was gutted, hung and spilling my life blood out until Sir Sayeen rescued me...I don't want to return to the Federation. I nearly died there.

Olek stands up, "Sgt. Lucretia? I need to speak with Lt. Ty. Please excuse me. You are all great but, I can't bring myself to return to the place I nearly died..."

Without waiting for a response the young seventeen year old Shifter disappears from sight.

Gone.

"Olek, if you don't think that you can emotionally handle returning, I will support your decision and I wish you the best. Safe travels my friend." Bane says solemnly to the departing Shifter.

Turning to Libertas, Bane responds with "That sounds like a great idea, Libertas. But we also need to take time into consideration. I think that pouches on the back of the front seats, the glove compartment box, and the arm rest should be big enough to hide at least basic items. I feel that the the Techno-Wizard modifications that we are wanting should be a higher priority if they can be done quickly enough and and with in whatever budget we are given to modify the vehicle.

Something that I just thought of that I feel we should try to acquire so long as it doesn't draw undue attention, is a sensor suit. Short range radar at the very least, but visual enhancement equipment would also be useful, especially if it has IR or UV capabilities, probably a set of IR Binoculars. In all honesty, the binoculars would be simple, it's trying to make a radar unit look inconspicuous would probably be the hard part, but one I would like to see if it's feasible within our time frame. If not, we'll just have to make due without.
OOC Comments
Bane

Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus adds.
"I can make sure nothing get near us without us knowing it. Maybe add a radar to my hoverbike..."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

"Excellent." Bane replies.
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hey Folks sorry for the wait... I'll be your temp GM.

Intro Post:
A human man runs into the table with a thud! It is not clear if he accidentally did so or misjudged where the chair was. He sprawls backwards into a passing by borg’s leg tripping and finally lands in a heap on the floor. His work pad hits the ground with a clatter. The borg looks at the man laughing then moves towards the exit. The man lifts himself up, brushing his arms and gathering his work pad. He is wearing a tattered red over coat and a threadbare pre-rifts baseball cap ( Blue with a faded red C on it). His face is beet red as he approaches the table this time in less of a hurry.

A woman in a crisp uniform, with a shrewd looking face adorned with spectacles runs into the Mess hall. Seeing the man she crisply walks over with a clip clop of high heels. She carries a clipboard neatly stacked with papers.

The man introduces himself with a flurry of excitement. “ I am Pender Lumkiss, oh gosh a SET…” He looks at each of you momentarily forgetting he was in the middle of a sentence. The woman sharply harrumphs bringing bring Pender back to the conversation, still with an exuberant level of excitement in his voice. “ Oh gosh yes… I couldn’t help myself…” He looks briefly at the woman whom nods ever so slightly. The man continues with glee. “ Oh great, well I was at the table right over there, and I couldn’t help but hear your request, for some armor… And some sweet coalition food stuffs, and some gems or some such would do in a pinch right. Well I am over here you see listening in, and I am not doing anything right now.” His voice drops low and hushed as if telling you all a secret. “ One of these days I’ll get my own SET.. oh yeah!”

The combat borg he had tripped over is at the entrance to the mess chatting with some other legionnaires… He turns hearing the hushed words laughs and chortles, “ In your dreams Pender!” Pender scowls at the borg.

The woman gives the borg a deathly stare. Matter of factually she urges Pender on, “ Tell them the good news Captian Lumkiss.”
His gleeful demeanor returns although a bit less exuberant than before. “ Yes of course. It should all be loaded in the Mountaineer belonging to one Libertas. Done and done, yes Ms. Dee?” The woman nods curtly. Pender slaps his knee in triumph accidentally knocking himself out of the chair.

The borg yells out, “ Spaz!” Pender gets up extremely flustered he looks like he is on the verge of crying and runs out of the Mess hall nearly tripping as he runs by the laughing borg.

Ms. Dee shakes her head disapprovingly at the borg. “ You’ll have to excuse them, brothers can be so cruel.” She clears her throat and puts down a few papers onto the table. “ Lets see 4 suits of huntsman armor, 4 NG-33s, 1 pallet of CS foodstuffs iron heart I believe, and assorted geodes just brought in from the the new west... Oh and a radar unit... You'll have to attach it yourselves of course... There it is then. The captain has a good heart…” She gets up looking at the exit to the mess hall. She turns back to you and smartly says, “ The journey to Greensville is a long one, you will need refuel your vehicle. It is a two day Journey to Silver Bluff, a friendly town to the legion. We even have a small community outreach team stationed there. It would be a natural pit stop on your journey.”
She adjusts her glasses briefly and slides one of the papers on the table in front of Lucretia. “ You will notice that we have added three more to your roster. Mister Maverick, capable and it says here and I quote, “ Can talk his way out of anything.” Well that's great!” She lowers her voice slightly trying to just talk to Lucretia, “ You might want to watch out for him…” Then continuing to the group, “Ahem, yes and Ms. Cantrell, ex coalition if I am not mistaken…” It looked like she was going to say more but the back of her hand starts flashing. She pushes the papers on the table over in front of Lucretia. “ Well I am sorry, but I have to, umm… Everything you need to know is right there…" She taps the bottom of the page in front of Lucretia," This one here will give you a bit more muscle-Safe Travels.” With that she hurriedly bolts to the exit of the Mess Hall and turns the corner.
Attachments
Ms. Dee.jpg
Ms. Dee.jpg (54.07 KiB) Viewed 29036 times
Captian Pender Lumkiss.jpg
Captian Pender Lumkiss.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 29036 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

[I see I got the radar. Thanks!]
Markus stands and salutes both the woman and the man.
"Thank you sir!"
He checks the radar unit.
"Libertas, want to help me install this?"
When possible, he goes to install the radar on his hoverbike.
[not sure which roll applies.]
Repair Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
---
Electronics or Engineering Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
---
Repair Roll Wild Die Ace: [dice]4[/dice]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas, given the opportunity to tinker, immediately jumps up, eagerly moving out to assist Markus. He immediately starts tracing lines with his fingertips over the bike and the unit, becoming instantly intimate with both machines.

Tracing the lines per Quirk; rolls below include the +2 for Arcane Machinist on a non-TW, non-combat item. Each success and/or raise is +1 to Markus' rolls.

Repair: [dice]0[/dice]

Wild Die Repair: [dice]1[/dice]
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Wait, was that guy eavesdropping on our conversation? And an ex-CS soldier? Joy, not!

As Markus and Libertas leave to go tinker with machines and electronics, Bane turns to Lucretia and says "Well damn, talk about efficiency! You've been here for a little while, is that normal? Anyway, if that guy overheard our conversation about what we felt we needed for our mission, then we were sloppy with our OpSec. From now on we should only talk about mission related things either in the briefing room, or when we are alone in the field. I don't want to say that anyone here at Castle Refuge could be a spy, but we shouldn't dismiss the notion entirely either.

That woman, Ms. Dee I think her name was, said that we had three new recruits inbound, but only talked about two. Who's the third?"
OOC Comments
Bane

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

There's a commotion near the door as Lumkiss leaves. The prat-falling captain nearly knocks over a slender D-Bee, threatening to start a domino effect. A red-haired woman in heavy armor steps deftly out of the way, shaking her head as she slings a heavy rucksack bristling with weapons onto her back. She approaches the group and stops smartly -- she seems about to salute, then stops and clears her throat.

"Lieuten ... Uh, Specialist Cantrell, reporting. Sorry for the late arrival -- orders just came through, and I know at least one, maybe two other late additions are heading this way. I've been briefed on the mission and understand the transport is loaded and ready to head out."

Cantrell glances around, seeming to evaluate each group member in turn. She nods at Markus, acknowledging the similarity in their German-made armor. She smiles at the Dog Boy and appears a bit puzzled by some of the others. Her expression shifts when she gets to Bane, but she quickly tries to hide whatever emotion was sparked by the D'Norr's appearance.

"I'm sure we'll have time to plot unit tactics later. In the short term, I've got experience as a sniper and doing advance recon, and I've got the equipment to function as a mobile firebase individually or as part of a small group. I can also handle infiltration and espionage, if that comes up. I don't have personal transport, though, so was hoping I could hitch a ride with someone."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus stands at attention, and salutes, a smile in his face.
"Specialist Markus Berger. Welcome. You are welcome to join me in the scout unit, another set of eyes can be handy. If our officer approves, thats it."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Bane wrote:"Well damn, talk about efficiency! You've been here for a little while, is that normal? Anyway, if that guy overheard our conversation about what we felt we needed for our mission, then we were sloppy with our OpSec. From now on we should only talk about mission related things either in the briefing room, or when we are alone in the field. I don't want to say that anyone here at Castle Refuge could be a spy, but we shouldn't dismiss the notion entirely either.

That woman, Ms. Dee I think her name was, said that we had three new recruits inbound, but only talked about two. Who's the third?"
"Uh.. no, not that I've noticed... I mean, I don't typically deal with requisitions, so maybe? You;re right about the OpSec, of course. I'm not used to working with a team on these sorts of things, so it's usually all in my head."

She hands the papers to Bane as the newcomer arrives.

"The third is probably listed in here somewhere."
Cantrell wrote:"Lieuten ... Uh, Specialist Cantrell, reporting. Sorry for the late arrival -- orders just came through, and I know at least one, maybe two other late additions are heading this way. I've been briefed on the mission and understand the transport is loaded and ready to head out."

"I'm sure we'll have time to plot unit tactics later. In the short term, I've got experience as a sniper and doing advance recon, and I've got the equipment to function as a mobile firebase individually or as part of a small group. I can also handle infiltration and espionage, if that comes up. I don't have personal transport, though, so was hoping I could hitch a ride with someone."
"Welcome, Specialist Cantrell. I'm Sergeant Lucretia, I've been put in charge of this SET. I'm not big on titles though, so please just call me Lucretia. I think your skillset will be quite useful. I've designated Banethro here my second, but for the most part I'm not too concerned with having a rigid command structure."

If she notices the newcomer's rection to the D'Norr, she does not mention it.
Markus Berger wrote:"Specialist Markus Berger. Welcome. You are welcome to join me in the scout unit, another set of eyes can be handy. If our officer approves, thats it."
"Good to know you've got more skills than just sanitation, Markus." She smiles.
"Cantrell, I'll leave it up to you whether you feel your skills are best used as part of our forward recon team or elsewhere, but I do think a second set of eyes would be good."
Not to mention someone to keep an eye on Markus.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus ignores Lucretia's "joke".
[Seems like Markus is alone in the Hoverbike when the vampires appear.]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

[Anticipating how things started in the combat thread:]

"Better to have eyes in more than one place, I think," Cantrell says in response to Markus's offer, oblivious to any sort of inside joke. "With you scouting ahead, I can set up as a sentry on the main transport. Mountaineers usually have a couple of turrets for lookouts, even if they lack pintel-mounted weapons."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus nods.
"Seems like a good idea."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia nods.

"That sounds like a good plan, and we can always change it later if it's not working. Let's head to the vehicle bay, maybe our other new recruits went there instead."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Upon their approach into the vehicle bay, they see a slick looking, crop-eared dog boy standing near a massive suit of Titan combat armor, putting the finishing touches on some tweaks. As the group approaches, he notices the mixed bag and shouts, "You must be the 13th! 'The Quiet Ones.' I'm sure I'll make a great addition to the crew! They'll never hear me coming! HAHA!
He drops his spanner into a toolbox and struts over, extending a hand to each of the assembled members of the SET. "Maximilian. I'm the quiet one. Or at least, Nadine here can make it so nobody can hear anything when she's done with 'em." He gestures to the armor behind him. "If I understand correctly, I'm coming along as fire support, and to keep the beat. Don't worry though. Anything Nadine and I can't turn into smoke and dust, I can handle out of the pilot's seat. In addition to being the best pilot the Legion has, everybody says I'm a good boy. So, who's running lead on the squad?"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Per PM from our new GM:

Repair (+2 for Arcane Machinist, +2 for quality location): [dice]0[/dice]
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

((Damn, this dice roller hates my guts... :lol: )) Meanwhile, working on the Mountaineer after finishing help to mount the radar unit, Libertas is able to build in a smuggler's hold in the back; it's large enough to stash the crew's armors if need be, or if emptied out, could possibly store a passenger and an air-tank.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus Berger wrote:[I see I got the radar. Thanks!]
Markus stands and salutes both the woman and the man.
"Thank you sir!"
He checks the radar unit.
"Libertas, want to help me install this?"
When possible, he goes to install the radar on his hoverbike.
[not sure which roll applies.]
Repair Roll: [dice]4160:0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]4160:1[/dice]
---
Electronics or Engineering Roll: [dice]4160:2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]4160:3[/dice]
---
Repair Roll Wild Die Ace: [dice]4160:4[/dice]
With great speed and efficiency you and Libertas take a radar sensor unit normally installed in a vehicle say the size of mountaineer atv and expertly plug it and set it up so that not only will it work, it maintains the balance of the bike.
(( Mechanical effect, I am open to suggestions on what is fair, but at first pass: you can use kn:electronics as an action to make a notice roll with a +2. While it will not pick up pure visual effects or sound, like what words a sign says, or help you hear a cry for help. It can help you "see" invisible attackers.))

(( Upside the mountaineer has a nice little area right up front where the radar equipment gets installed that can be converted into an extra hidden compartment, big enough for a knife or pistol))
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan for his own part was mildly overwhelmed by the sudden increase of pace as things really get moving. What really grabs his attention though, is the presence of another dogboy. For the most part he goes through the typical dogboy style greetings, probing to see how friendly Maximilian was going to be or maybe not be. And then of course, there remained to be settled who between them would be the 'alpha' dog. But, that was something that could be sorted out later. He does however at least comment "Grrwf.." he sniffs a moment, motioning towards the power armour "Don't know how you can stand having your head stuffed in that thing so long."
I bring the fire
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max sniffs at Kesslan. "You're the hot dog I've heard about! Good to meet you!"
Max walks a turn around Kesslan, sizing him up. "You're big. <sniff> Really big. Nadine is bigger. That's why I stay cooped up. Sure, I could go on my own two legs. But you can't believe the things I can fetch with Nadine! And she's a good sniffer too!"
Best not to get on his bad side. He's big and hot. I can definitely outsmart him, and probably give him a run in a fight, but I like my coat un-singed.
Max gestures to the Titan. "Nadine has room for two more if anyone needs a ride. I understand our mission is covert. I can either get a paint job and play security, or I can stay far enough off so as to run overwatch. Anyone gives us trouble, Nadine and I can leave a smoking crater where they were standing. Just call it in.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan looks mildly confused by Max's statement about being the 'hot dog'. "Hot.. dog?.." you could almost just see the gears turning cartoonishly in his head. "Oh. OHhhhh!" his tail starts wagging away. "Yes. So.. you have a big robot. Not common with us. But.. fetch?" he questions "Guess can fetch really big things though..." that has him thinking "Oh.. oh! Can it like... play fetch with a tank!?" another pause "But how would we throw the tank?"
I bring the fire
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Castle Refuge/Vehicle bay
Afternoon

As the rest of 13th SET chatted with the new robot armor driver, a small commotion arose near the entrance to the vehicle bay. A gaggle of human women -- mostly from the office support staff, it looked like, entered giggling and chatting and listening with rapt attention to a very handsome young man.

“--so there I was, surrounded by three -- no, seven -- of the meanest, baddest hombres you ever did see in the Pecos Empire. I said to myself, “Self, this is some deep dung you’ve gotten yourself into. Was she worth it? Well, of course she was!” He winked at a redhead. “Well, I am afraid I have to make a long story short here, since there is my team. But if you want to hear the rest, feel free to call me when I get back.” He held up a personal data device. “I have quite a collection of pre-Rifts movies. We can watch flix and chill.”

Extricating himself from the gaggle of females, the young man walked confidently toward the 13th SET gathered around the Titan armor. He wore common SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor painted black. Over the armor he wore a long black duster, and on his head was a New West black Stetson, which he took off when he said good-bye to his coterie of female admirers. His dirty blonde hair was disheveled, but in a way that enhanced his roguish good looks, and his blue eyes danced with mischief as he gave a last lingering kiss to the back of the redhead’s hand.

“Is this the 13th SET?” he asked as he approached. He had a standard survival pack on his back, a Wilks laser pistol at his hip, and a Wilks laser rifle and a vibrosword on his back. He slowed at the sight of the two dogboys and the demon-visaged D’Norr. He’d only been with the Legion a short time, and he was still getting used to the bizarreness of the resident D-Bees.

“Jude Maverick,” he introduced himself. “Or Legionnaire Maverick, I guess, for you military types. Jude is fine, though. Are we ready for this mission?”

Jude’s eyes rested on Lucretia and Nadya. They did a pass over each woman’s figure and his smile brightened, eyes lighting up. “Ladies!” he greeted, much more warmly than he had the D-Bees. So lovely to meet you.” He took each of their hands and gave it a bowing kiss with a sweep of his hat. “No one informed me I would have such lovely companions on this trip.”
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas is looking over the Titan with obvious pleasure, and smiles at Max. "This is a beautiful machine. You must be proud of her. Nadine is sure to be a fine addition to the ranks."

He then nods to Cantrell. "Actually, yes, the Moutaineer should really have two crew anyway. I was prepared to manage, but a second crewman will be useful in tight spots."
Libertas' Arcane Machinist would be enough to cancel the -2 for them having half-crew, since we were short on folks with Drive--but now he can make driving rolls at +2, which is very useful.

He's about to say hello to Jude when it becomes quite clear that he is probably invisible to the ladies' man. He manages to keep his expression neutral as the Vagabond turns on his weaponized charm, and turns back to admiring Nadine, talking with Max about specs and technical details.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max chuckles at Kesslan's excitement. "I can fetch a tank. I usually have to rip off the top gun first, but I can get it. Or I can just tear it open and get the squishy CS pilots out." He lets out a short growl, showing his obvious disdain for CS treatment of non-humans...or was it his disdain for their piloting skills?
As the new arrival saunters in, Max wags a little bit and extends a warm greeting at his turn. "Maximilian. I'm the quiet one. This is Nadine. Are you bringing the girls with you?"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell groans good-naturedly when Maverick arrives.

"You just keep those weasely eyes to yourself -- I know where they've been, and there aren't enough meds in the world to cure that rot," she says, then smiles. "How are you, Jude? Last I heard they had you locked up in Whykin."

Cantrell had first met the rogue when she was stationed in Wichita Falls, where he had convinced some paper-pusher he was a "freelance military consultant." He'd bedded at least two of her superiors before being found out. But he'd also alerted Cantrell to a murderous grunt who'd been preying on the local girls, so Cantrell had looked the other way when she spotted him slipping over the wall, just ahead of her Dog Pack.

"I hope you packed extra E-clips -- you may have to shoot more than your mouth on this mission.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Jude Maverick wrote:Castle Refuge/Vehicle bay
Afternoon

As the rest of 13th SET chatted with the new robot armor driver, a small commotion arose near the entrance to the vehicle bay. A gaggle of human women -- mostly from the office support staff, it looked like, entered giggling and chatting and listening with rapt attention to a very handsome young man.

“--so there I was, surrounded by three -- no, seven -- of the meanest, baddest hombres you ever did see in the Pecos Empire. I said to myself, “Self, this is some deep dung you’ve gotten yourself into. Was she worth it? Well, of course she was!” He winked at a redhead. “Well, I am afraid I have to make a long story short here, since there is my team. But if you want to hear the rest, feel free to call me when I get back.” He held up a personal data device. “I have quite a collection of pre-Rifts movies. We can watch flix and chill.”

Extricating himself from the gaggle of females, the young man walked confidently toward the 13th SET gathered around the Titan armor. He wore common SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor painted black. Over the armor he wore a long black duster, and on his head was a New West black Stetson, which he took off when he said good-bye to his coterie of female admirers. His dirty blonde hair was disheveled, but in a way that enhanced his roguish good looks, and his blue eyes danced with mischief as he gave a last lingering kiss to the back of the redhead’s hand.

“Is this the 13th SET?” he asked as he approached. He had a standard survival pack on his back, a Wilks laser pistol at his hip, and a Wilks laser rifle and a vibrosword on his back. He slowed at the sight of the two dogboys and the demon-visaged D’Norr. He’d only been with the Legion a short time, and he was still getting used to the bizarreness of the resident D-Bees.

“Jude Maverick,” he introduced himself. “Or Legionnaire Maverick, I guess, for you military types. Jude is fine, though. Are we ready for this mission?”

Jude’s eyes rested on Lucretia and Nadya. They did a pass over each woman’s figure and his smile brightened, eyes lighting up. “Ladies!” he greeted, much more warmly than he had the D-Bees. So lovely to meet you.” He took each of their hands and gave it a bowing kiss with a sweep of his hat. “No one informed me I would have such lovely companions on this trip.”
Bane walks up to Maverick and extends a hand saying "Pleased to meet you, Maverick. I'm Banethro Malon, second in command of the 13th. To be perfectly honest, I don't know exactly what my rank in the legion is. I just finished filling out the paperwork yesterday and needs to be finished being processed and approved. Obviously you already know Specialist Cantrell. This is Kesslan, a Dog Boy Burster, and Maximillian is standing next to him. Max pilots the giant robot behind him. Over here is Markus Berger, self admitted normal human soldier, and Libertas Magicum, Techno-Wizard. And finally this is our commanding officer, Lucretia." Bane emphasizes commanding officer to Maverick to subtly indicate to him to show her as much, if not more respect as everyone else in the team, regardless of gender.
OOC Comments
Bane

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

@ Maximilian

Lucretia groans inwardly.
Robot Armor? Why not assign us a big brass band to announce our presence too?

"Welcome Maximilian. I'm hoping we won't run into too many tanks, but if we do your fetch skills could be quite useful. For now I think it would be best to to keep most of us in the Mountaineer. You'll be pulling up the rear for artillery support, and I think everyone else are mid-range or forward scouts... but we might change it up in the future. Options are good."

...and a bored robot pilot could be dangerous.

@ Maverick

"Hey Jude, welcome to the team. For now you'll ride in the Mountaineer with us, but I'm thinking of putting you on forward recon with Markus. Extra eyes and a rear-gunner should he need to make a swift exit from a hostile situation."
...and keep your eyes and hands well away from where they can make trouble.

She addresses the full group.

"Ok, team, as previously stated, I am not particularly big on ranks and titles. We've all got our skills and specialties, and to be honest I've been thrust into this set up just as much as you. I'll trust you to know your job and how best to do it, and make tweaks to our team organization as needed. Banethro is my second and advisor on all things magic or supernatural. Cantrell, from what I understand you were an officer before, so you'll be my military advisor, and in the unlikely case it ever matters, third in command."

She pauses to give her next words significance.

"My field experience has been mostly solo work, and my prior command experience has been refugees and trainees, so don't hesitate to tell me if my orders are crap. Just... explain yourself. Don't assume I know anything about your disciplines, because that can easily lead to misunderstandings. I didn't ask for this assignment, but I intend to do my best. That's all I ask of the rest of you. That, and we're a team - treat each other with respect or we'll have a major problem. Any questions?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus salutes.
"No sir!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max cocks his head, then asks, "I'm happy to act as long range recon and fire support. But if I get spotted, shall I act as part of this squad, or unrelated independent patrol? Nadine will need new makeup to act the part."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"Understood, sir," Cantrell says, her respect for the knight growing.

Poor woman. Maverick's gonna be on her like a psi-stalker on a newborn dragon. She won't be able scrape him off with a vibro-blade.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Please, just 'Lucretia'. No need for 'Sir', it weirds me out a bit."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

For the most part, after spending a bit more time 'feeling out' Max, so to speak, Kesslan turns his attention to the other new arrivals an promptly goes about shoving his bit snout at them here and there, sniffing and wagging away. Mostly so he got to know who's scent was who's. That could be important! Also it was just his dumb way of saying hello without really saying hello but saying hello....?

So far he found himself mostly liking everyone, except maybe Markus, Markus could be a bit of a jerk. Kinda like those CS guys, but in a much less shoot shoot stab stab sort of way.
I bring the fire
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Afternoon

"Maximilian. I'm the quiet one. This is Nadine. Are you bringing the girls with you?" the dogboy asked.

“The girls?” Jude looked back at the receding gaggle of females, admiring the view as they walked away. “Alas, no. I do not think there would be room, nor that they would be very useful on this mission.” He turned back to Max. “Unless there are forms to fill out. Are there forms? Because I really detest forms, and in that case, I might consider putting one of the girls in mortal peril just to keep from filling out forms.” His grin assured that he was joking. He would never put a pretty lady in mortal peril!

Cantrell groans good-naturedly when Maverick arrives.

"You just keep those weasley eyes to yourself. I know where they've been, and there aren't enough meds in the world to cure that rot," she says, then smiles. "How are you, Jude? Last I heard they had you locked up in Whykin."

“Ah, Cantrell,” Jude said. “Can I call you Nadya yet?” he teased. “And I recall you singing a different tune when I last saw you. You said my eyes were dreamy.” He batted his eyes. “But that might have been the whiskey talking, because as I recall, you also dislocated my jaw when I took that as encouragement.” He rubbed his jaw, but didn’t seem at all put out by the past rebuff -- nor at all discouraged. “The sheriff's daughter in Whykin took a shine to me,” Jude said. “We came to an...understanding. Unfortunately her father discovered it and I had to make a hasty retreat,” he admitted. He sighed. “Ah, Elaine…”

"I hope you packed extra E-clips. You may have to shoot more than your mouth on this mission,” Cantrell said.

“Well, if that is the case, you know we’re in trouble,” Jude said. “You’ve seen me shoot!”

The D’Norr walks up, and Jude is a bit more hesitant as he takes the D-Bee’s hand, though he keeps the smile plastered to his handsome face. "Nice to meet you, Banethro,” he greeted. He looked at the others as they were introduced. “So who’s top dog?” he asked Kesslan and Max. He nodded to Libertas. “Glasses,” he greeted.

When Bane brings his attention back to Lucretia, Jude is much more interested. “The lady in charge,” he said, giving a slight bow again.

And then the big dogboy was sticking his nose at him, sniffing him all over.

“Whoa! Down, boy!” Jude said. “I promise, I showered today.”

ACHOO!!

“Oh, shit…”
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Jude Maverick wrote: He looked at the others as they were introduced. “So who’s top dog?” he asked Kesslan and Max.
Kesslan looks between Max and Jude, Max and Jude, Max and Jude and then Max and Jude again for good measure. "I... I don't know that. We only just met! Also he seems ok, doesn't make me want to bite him."
Jude Maverick wrote: And then the big dogboy was sticking his nose at him, sniffing him all over.

“Whoa! Down, boy!” Jude said. “I promise, I showered today.”

ACHOO!!

“Oh, shit…”
Kesslan looks down at Jude's words, then back up and tilts his head in a confused look, ears perking up then shifting back just a touch when the man sneezes. "Down? Down where?" he asks, sounding somewhat confused. Then some misinterpretation clicks in his head. "Oh. No. Not hitting on you. Not into that..." pause "Well maybe if I was on top kinda thing I'd consider it but kinda.. like dogirls more than.. well.. you know. Other species. Or guys."
I bring the fire
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max sniffs at Jude, smiles, and says, "No forms for female requisition that I've been told about. Although there's this sweet little pointer in the main castle infirmary that I think about injuring myself to see...never mind."
Max pats Kesslan on the back and says, "Top dog gets sorted out when we get back, but only in the training circle. Kesslan is a good dog. Good breeding."
Besides, brains tops brawn any day. But I'd be an idiot to get on his bad side.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"As far as I'm concerned, I'm top dog here. Maximilian, as for the medic... you fully have my permission to go talk to her when we get back... but no getting hurt just to get in there. Not that you need my permission to talk to her anytime in your off-hours, of course, but that's not the important part here."

i just called myself a dog... not sure how that's going to play out. Oh well, I can't un-say it now.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max nods affirmatively, straightening up and eyes forward. "As you say, Lucretia."
Max turns to Lucretia, ears perked up, and asks "Apologies if I missed your instructions, commander. How shall Nadine be made up? If confronted, am I acting as part of the team or unrelated independent patrol? I can have her repainted with logos or decked out as unaffiliated with the team."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Right, that... uh, I don't know if we could pull off having you be part of the Pony Express... but I also don't want to leave you on your own if you have trouble. Especially with the CS, you'd need some serious magic to not be taken in or killed. I suppose we can say you are a merc we hired... and if you are confronted, don't come out until you're given the signal by Banethro or myself. Say you're having a hatch malfunction or something like that."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

"I can handle most CS on my own as long as they don't have an Enforcer. Even then, I'm a better pilot than any they have. I'll stay buttoned up though. And I'll still stay off about half to three quarter mile until I'm called. Nadine will wear some neutral coloring then. I'm on it."
Max turns sharply and heads back towards the Titan to put finishing touches on in preparation for the upcoming mission.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

At Lucretia's words Kesslan flattens his ears a little for just a moment. "Well, I mean ya. You're the pack alpha.. just.. well it's a dogboy thing. It'll sort itself out our way."
I bring the fire
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia nods to Kesslan.
This is something I'll never be able to quite understand, because I'm not one of their species. I have to let it play out. I just hope that it doesn't cause any problems.

Turning back to Maximilian, she says "The last thing we need is for the CS - or anyone else - to be hot on our trail because we thrashed them. I'm not saying we can't take them in a fight, just that we're supposed to be, you know, quiet. We don't want anyone to know we got our mark."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

"Understood, commander. I will remain at distance until called on for either long range fire support or close up intimidation. And don't you worry about Nadine. She's as quiet as a ghost."
KATHUNK! The sound of a massive crash emanates from the leg of the armor.
"I was tightening that last bolt when you all walked in. No worries. I've got it under control!"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Finally, a situation that Libertas can handle. He moves over to the fallen part. "Let me give you a hand with it? Nadine is a beautiful machine, I'd be honored to assist you in getting her tip-top."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

A few hours before you move out. A teenager a bit younger than Libertas comes by with a cart full of additional items. He looks a bit out of place in the staging area, he is wearing a smart shirt, a bow tie, and sweet looking glasses. His hair is like a sunset. His voice squeeks a bit as he hands the papers to Lucretia. " Uhh hi, I got a requisition here for the 13th... You're Lucretia right, I uuuhmm..."? The teen stammers a bit taken aback by something...He sort of awkwardly puffs out his chest a bit and continues. " Yeah I got some gear for you, 1 set of maverick armor... A note here says you owe chuck jones one? A prototype Arcane distortion feild... Uhh appropriated from Terra Silverforge... Uhh I think she just finished that, but its here in the requisition right? The kid points to a line on the page... " Ok well, also some holo screens, I hope you have a good engineer to install those, they are a pain... But for you I could lend a hand." It seems the rhythm of the requisition has given this kid some confidence. He glances down in his bin and sees it is empty, " Well that's it." He looks at the 13th briefly taking them in at the first time. When he sees Libertas he sort of scowls, figits with his hair and glasses. Man that is my look! He glances once more at Lucretia, " Just sign at the bottom...

TW arcana distorion feild
This device is a prototype which helps mask arcane signatures in a medium sized area.
It only works for 60 minutes takes 8 ppt to activate can hold 1 charge at a time, does mega version of conceal arcana in a medium burst template. It is has a prototype trapping, so on a spell casting die roll of 1 no matter the wild die it suffers a technical difficulty roll. It will still work if the wild die succeeds, but something unexpected happens.

Holo Screen
These screens use holographic imagery to help folks inside a vechicle look a bit more human to the casual observer for a short while. Outsie the vechicle looking in people will have -2 to notice checks to see if folks are not human. Once activated these screens work for 10 minutes solid before they need to recharge, and complex circuitry needs to cool down for 24 hours. The down side is that the images also distort the field of view of any inside the vechicle, -2 to sight based notice checks. They are finicky bastards so a -2 to repair to install them. Every raise on the repair roll decreases the recharge time by 6 hours!

When he leaves he passes by Libertas and whispers with a bit more confidence than he should, " I am watching you man!"
Attachments
Mechanic helper- Tyler Thomas.jpg
Mechanic helper- Tyler Thomas.jpg (33.75 KiB) Viewed 28862 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max smiles and wags a bit. "Glad for the help! You look like you know your way around machines. I've totally got it under control, but I'd be a dummy if I turned down the extra hands. See, this servo was sticking last time out. It's nothing I can't handle while at the helm, but I want her at her best. If we tweak that joint, throw on some superlube at the coupling, maybe file down that flange just a touch..."
Max continues rambling on about the workings of his prized machine and the minor tweaks he wants to make. He lays the lingo on thick, doing his best to wow Libertas and prove he can not only run the machine, but take care of it too.
"...and you can definitely ride out with me whenever you want, just to get a feel for her. And if you ever have ideas for upgrades, I'm all ears. Well, ears and nose. And stomach. Man, I'm hungry. Did you guys already hit mess?"
Max takes note of the requisition delivery boy and nods. As he finishes, Max pipes up, "I can help install those screens, too."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He chuckles at Max's stream-of-consciousness verbiage, nodding in agreement with just about all of it. He makes some hopefully useful comments about possible tweaks and adjustments, nothing major yet since he'll need to see it in action before coming up with anything like that. "Most of us just ate, but if you want to grab something before we get to work, go for it."

Then he gets distracted by the arrivals of the shiny new toys, and slips over as they're getting described; the distortion field generator, in particular, looks like primo work. He's about to thank the junior mechanic as he's passing, when the 'subtle' threat gets made--he switches gears immediately, smiles, and waves, speaking just a bit louder than the teen did. "Hey, thanks for that! It's always good to know that the guys back home are keeping an eye on us in the field. And hey, maybe you can pick up a few pointers." It would seem that the Dog-Boys aren't the only ones who like to establish dominance....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia signs roughly where the kid pointed, though it has only a haphazard relationship to the actual location of the signature line.

"I don't remember asking for all this stuff, but..." She shrugs. "Well, it's ours now I guess."

Handling the clipboard back, she turns to Libertas.

"You're our resident gadget guy... what exactly did I just take possession of?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He grins at Lucretia. "This--" he points to the disruption field "--should make a cloaking field, to hide our magical and psionic gear and people from Psi-Stalkers, CS Dogboys, and the like; I'd suggest having Banethro ready to operate it if needed, though even you could do it in a pinch; I'll make sure to show you how before we leave. And these--" indicating the holoscreens "--are mundane gear that use the same hologram tech as our wrist-cuffs. They'll make it look like we're all human inside the Mountaineer--no setting off a grunt sentry just because he catches sight of Banethro's horns or Kessler's fur. Markus, Max and I should be able to install them, working together."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Oh! Well, that ought to be handy. Okay, you're in charge of the installs. Let me know how it goes."

She turns to face the remainder of the team.

"If there's nothing else, you're all dismissed to do whatever it is you need to do to prepare for departure. If you need anything from me, call my comm."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

"I can eat later. Let's get started on the installation."
Repair roll to assist
[dice]0[/dice]

Wild die
[dice]1[/dice]
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus tries to help too.
Repair Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Lucretia wrote:"Oh! Well, that ought to be handy. Okay, you're in charge of the installs. Let me know how it goes."

She turns to face the remainder of the team.

"If there's nothing else, you're all dismissed to do whatever it is you need to do to prepare for departure. If you need anything from me, call my comm."
"You think the LT requisitioned these for us? We had been talking about this before that shit show went down in the briefing room?" Bane asks Lucretia.
OOC Comments
Bane

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Afternoon

"Oh. No. Not hitting on you. Not into that..." Kesslan paused. "Well, maybe if I was on top kinda thing I'd consider it, but kinda...like dog girls more than...well...you know. Other species. Or guys."

Jude stared at the big dog boy for a moment and then laughed. “Oh, you’re going to be fun!” he said, slapping Kesslan on the back. “Thanks, but I’m not much into furries,” he teased.

“Although there's this sweet little pointer in the main castle infirmary that I think about injuring myself to see...never mind." Maximilian said.

“Go for it!” Jude encouraged. “You sly dog, you.”

"As far as I'm concerned, I'm top dog here. Maximilian, as for the medic... you fully have my permission to go talk to her when we get back... but no getting hurt just to get in there. Not that you need my permission to talk to her anytime in your off-hours, of course, but that's not the important part here," Lucretia said.

“Noted. You like it on top,” Jude commented with a grin.

The conversation turned to how to include a big effing robot in their little Pony Express guise.

“Might I offer a suggestions, Top Dog?” Jude asked Lucretia. “It’s really pretty simple, and wouldn’t necessarily require Nadine to stay back. It’s as simple as a convoy. Safety in numbers. We picked him up somewhere because he was going the same way we were. We figured no one would mess with us with a Titan in the group. As long as he stays inside the armor and the CS doesn’t see a dog boy, it should be fine. I’ve been in plenty of traveling merchant caravans and such. They always love to pick up a passing merc to add a little protection.”

As the supply kid wheels in some fancy gizmos, Jude checks out the Mountaineer. “Cozy,” he commented, tossing his stuff in the back seat.

“Man, I'm hungry. Did you guys already hit mess?" Maximilian asks.

“Ah, right. What’s a road trip without snacks?” Jude asked. “I brought some. No doggy treats, though, I’m afraid,” he said. “And you can’t have chocolate, right?”

Digging around in his pack, Jude pulls out a bag of jerky and tosses it to Max.

“Oh, and Cantrell. I believe I owe you these.” Pulling out a box, he tosses it to the blonde mercenary. It’s her favorite sweets. “Don’t say I’m a man who doesn’t pay his debts.” He flashed her that winning smile of his.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

[OOC: Per the GM post made in the OOC thread, the assists are at the same -2 as the main roll, so sadly, neither of them gave Libertas a boost. Lib's roll is flat, then: -2 for the difficulty, +2 for Machine Maestro.]

[OOC:
Repair: [dice]0[/dice]
Success!

Theme song: A-Team Vehicular Montage Music]

Libertas, Markus and Max go to work. The other two get a bit of a show, really--Libertas repeatedly making small motions over the surface of the holo-projectors with his fingertips, and then similar tracings on the vehicle itself. His eyes dance behind the thick lenses of the goggles, as the pieces slip neatly into place. As the last connection is secured and the projector mounted in place, the Techno-Wizard wipes away a bit of sweat and grins broadly. "Good work, guys! This ought to do the job. Max, if you'll do the honor of letting us test it...." He waits for the Dog-Boy to get in, then activates the hologram, while having Markus view the effect from outside.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Jude Maverick wrote:“Noted. You like it on top,” Jude commented with a grin.

The conversation turned to how to include a big effing robot in their little Pony Express guise.

“Might I offer a suggestions, Top Dog?” Jude asked Lucretia. “It’s really pretty simple, and wouldn’t necessarily require Nadine to stay back. It’s as simple as a convoy. Safety in numbers. We picked him up somewhere because he was going the same way we were. We figured no one would mess with us with a Titan in the group. As long as he stays inside the armor and the CS doesn’t see a dog boy, it should be fine. I’ve been in plenty of traveling merchant caravans and such. They always love to pick up a passing merc to add a little protection.”
Lucretia frowns at Jude's first comment.
This one's going to be trouble sooner or later. Pinning against the wall worked for Markus, but i suspect Jude would take it as an invitation. Maybe a dislocated shoulder or broken finger or two... no, that's overboard if all he does is annoy. Cantrell - Nadya? - seems to have a history with him, maybe she's got some ideas.

"A passing merc... yeah, that's more or less what I had in mind. Met on the road but under contract now, to explain why we don't abandon him if he gets stopped. We want to get our money's worth, and all that."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max decides to put the hologram projector to the test. He gratefully accepts the jerky from Jude, hops into the cockpit, and begins to chow down. It looks exactly like you think a dog with an open bag of jerky would look.
Let's see if this thing can handle meal time!
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

(( looks like holo screens work fine, just a 24 hour recharge time))
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

"Looking fine." - says Markus with a smile - "Nice work Libertas."
He seems to ignore Maximilian.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:

Return to “Adventure Archive”