Part 1: Spector of Dweomer and Welcome back

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 1: Spector of Dweomer and Welcome back

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Recap

Upon returning to Gloom, the city seems brighter. While there were some losses to the allied forces they were few and far between. The talk of the town is how Drei Marbles Left showed up and played bringing in Gods from other dimensions. Most folks are of the opinion that the German electronic rock band quiet literally won the war with music. Looks like some young Grackle Tooth found a few crates of I love Marbles and must be making a killing as nearly everyone in Gloom is wearing one.
" Hey get your Drei Marbles Left shirts, remember how they saved Gloom and defeated Geist. One of a kind here! Only 100 creds now!". The young grackle gives the 13th a grin. Its a bit confusing for sure, but it would seem for now most folks think the two groups are distinct yet perhaps on friendly terms.
" Hey there Mr. Maverick! I heard the 13th helped out Marbles out in uhh, some kind of ravaged earth! If I give your team a free t-shirt could you get Vick and Tasha to sign a shirt for me?" He passes out shirts to all and even gives Zan a large tarp that has the Drei Marbles Left logo on the back of it.

It looks like none of the black company made it back as far as you can tell. The city is planning a name change and a massive celebration. The new mayor Diamond Clad comes and find all of you.
" Thank you... Thank you so much, you have done not just our city a great blessing but personally me you gave me back my daughter. If you ever have need of me, and it is within my power to help you will have it. Crystal she went home, took Tesse with her. She uhh.." He pulls out a key, ornate and with some small arcane symbols on it. " I am not sure who she meant for this to go, she said give it to him..."
Jude or Libertas
one of you gets to take the Key
Team Bonus
Once persession the 13th may call on Diamond Clad to get assistance per the normal rolls for contacts at a +4 bonus. If the team is far from Gloom there may be penalties applied to the street wise roll. Players are welcome and encouraged to make their roll now... He is a legendary TW.

Sadly the 13th does not get to partake in much of the celebration as word gets to them to report back to castle refuge immediately. The Castle is a gleaming respite for your adventure slogged legs. Its battlements are busy, and a shanty town of sorts seems to have popped up around it. By far it is perhaps one of the more illustrious of shanty towns, magic gizmos flying to and fro, the smell of the effervescent concoction is always on the rise. People seem happy and in good spirits. It would seem given the banners flying from the imprimatur encampment most of the folks would be part of the defense force from Dweomere that gave aid against Geist.
Shanty Town
Magic Shanty Town.jpg
Bushy eyed and eager tailed Captain Lumkiss and his ever shrewd assistant Ms. Dee greet you at the gates.
Captain Lumkiss cannot seem to help fall over himself, " Oh Gosh! You guys were the right team for the job weren't you!? Outstanding, I even got a raise in pay and a COT team to manage! Just great, just great!..." Ms. Dee hurrumphs bringing the captains focus back, " Oh yes, the counsel of hope is putting together a mission for you. I think Chief Elle is trying to get back in good after the whole hunting down the BC debacle. She is proposing an ambitious plan and even if it goes through it will take some time to get all the pieces in place for it to be executed..." His voice trails off as he seems to be seeing Zan for the very first time.

Ms. Dee gracefully and with tact steps in, " Jitters and Flint will be assigned permanently. Where is Markus, Zeija and Herr Klaus?" She shakes her head, "Sorry I was just surprised to not see them... I rather liked Z and that little Kobold... Markus too in some respects.". A loud jubilant cry from across the way. Ms. Dee can't suppress a smile and whispers, " Given the boy's injuries we had Alex relocated to the castle after Ben died. But not a day would go by without him telling me or anyone of the tales of the 13th."

True enough the young kid Alex comes bounding over showing off a new cyber leg. He gives the 13th hi fives and even Zan a hug, which is weird because he never even met the dragon! " Oh gosh guys! Look at my leg, its freaking awesome! Did they tell you!? The castle is so jam packed everyone has a room mate!" The kid stops and gets a load of Nadine, " Nadine!!! Alex is back baby!" Kid Alex rushes over to the RA, his cyber leg ejects a tool kit into his hand. Other side Alex steps back and walks over to Nadine with the kid version of himself.

Ms. Dee quietly says, " I don't know if you plan on taking him without back into the field. Stargazer worked with him to remove his connection to the spirit world, however it would seem his heroic or curious streak has emerged. I suppose,time will only tell which. It will crush him if you do not take him with you, but if that is your decision I will find work for him here. He is so very attached to you all and from the reports he did give his right leg in recovering a vital piece of info clearing the Black Company."

Captain Lumkiss sneezes and looks at Cantrell, " Really great Job Cantrell. Your team is to report to room 1A and submit a debriefing. A lot of folks are interested in hearing everything. Oh Libertas with Terra Silverforge gone rogue after the vampire hunters we need someone to man the Motor Pool. Enjoy the rest and in a few weeks we will have a new mission for you..." His voice drops, " You did not hear it from me, but I think they found..." Ms. Dee gasps and drags Captain Lumpkiss away before he can breech protocol.
Room 1A the debrief
A short looking dwarf looks at you just barely over his desk. His thick accent is harsh and his words to the point. He gestures to the pens and paper forms on his desk. " Master Dev Black at your service. Take the forms, and fill them out. Chairs are over there. Its not a test so feel free to talk but fill each out out in your own words. We want a full account of what happened.
He looks at the dragon and grins, " I hear your kind can shift into something smaller big guy, we want your account too if you do not mind. I have a recorder her for you to say your piece into it. How did you find yourself with this lot?" This is your official debrief on how you hunted the BC and were victorious over Geist. Master Dev Black also gives each member of the 13th a cred stick with 25,000 creds.

In an OCC tag please just mention any facts you leave out from your report. +1 Benny for reading and following directions if you do so.

The Castle is indeed packed to the brim, and every room has been converted to double occupancy. Everyone gets a room mate from the federation of magic or somehow someone who will be in the fed shortly. This will play directly into your interlude. Each scene has a primer if you will with some narrative provided by the GM, depending on your below d4 roll expand on the narrative as much as you like.
Jitters Roomate
Upon entering your room you notice a D'Norr sleeping in a bunk on the opposite side of your quarters. He sleepily smiles and sits up. " Hi my name is Bane, captain of the Dweomere defense force. Thank you for letting me share your room, hopefully it will not be fore too long. The defense force is still arriving here and there, I suspect in short order we will be heading out." He looks at Jitters for a moment, and Jitters given his fleeting relationship with time sees the man briefly both as a D'Norr and as an elderly human man. Then its back to the D'Norr who is looking at Jitters with cool appraising eyes.
Cantrell Roomate
A young kid sits on the second bed in the room. He is looking down at his lap staring at a large hammer. This hammer Cantrell has seen before, it looks eerily like Herr Klaus'. The kid is almost as tall as Herr, and his feet looks just as large. He definitely has some kobold blood within him, but not pure. The kid is crying softly, " Hi... This hammer just appeared next to me... I... I don't know what it means. My uncle and I are heading into the Fed of magic to visit family... I am Sono Klaus, do you maybe know what happened to my father Herr Klaus?" His eyes are filled with so much emotion, its hard to tell what he will say next.
Libertas roommate
Libertas in your room is a woman by the gist of the long hair, but she is lying down in a cot on one side of the bed. Her back is too you, but when you enter her voice coaks, " Libertas, is it?" She turns to you, and you now see the horror of Geist. Her face is distorted by the same annihilating spell she used against the city. Her simple robes and sheet do little to reveal the mangled and disfigurement she has suffered. " Libertas, I sense you have a staff much like my old friend Scara... I can teach you how to..." She wheezes coughing, " I can show you the ultimate power that is within your grasp. I can make you a legend. When they speak of Gloom, my name will always be attached to the wretched city. I can show you how to live forever!" She grins lopsided displaying her mangled mouth. Black ichor drips from her lips, " Learn, and you can be like me! I can teach you a little, but what I can offer you in power un-imagined... Listen to me Libertas, the Book of Legend was recovered after Tolkeen fell. I am living proof! The book was split into two, one half lies underneath The Brotherhood of Magi in Storm Spire... Secure in Diamond Clad's first ever made vault: the White Vault. Retrieve it and our path to immortality and to unfathomable greatness will be that much more secure! " Geist coughs again blood and mucus splatter everywhere, " The other half is in Dweomer and I'll tell you where after Stormspire. The house of diamonds I will meet you there." Should a bargain for legendary power be struck Libertas' will qualify for the below edge.
  • Spell of Legend
    requirements: Knowledge gained, master of magic, spell casting d12, kn arcana d12, this edge can be taken multiple times once per rank.
    Unbridled power is learned making your normal spell even even more than could ever be dreamed of. By comparison those that are mega are seen as paltry and weak. Choose one mega power known and unlock its Spell of Legend counterpart. Essentially you get double the effect of the mega power. Example onslaught is 6d6 damage, the spell of legend is 12d6 damage. The range, area effects, and duration are also doubled. If a doubling does not immediately make sense work with the GM to come up with something equally awesome. The downside is that these legendary powers are fraught with danger at every turn. Sometimes they are uncontrollable and threaten to corrupt the user and over time turn you into an abomination quite possibly even destroying your mind. This also doubles the ppe cost.
Zan's encounter in the Dragon Roost
. Of course dragons do not sleep, they prowl, or roost at night when all is quiet. A female mystic with auburn hair comes by. " I am Shalla, oh great and mighty dragon. You bore my brother the cyber knight commander in battle against the forces of Geist. What do you know of the companions you travel with? Do some seem closer to the edge of evil than others? What about Libertas? Is it true he is from stormspire?" The mystic seems friendly enough but she does little to hide her interest in Libertas.
Flint's roomate
Exhausted and Old, some shut eye must seem a nice idea. When you open your door, you are pulled in rather forcefully and a hand clamped over your mouth. Before you can start zapping a voice says, " Its me Flint, and we got to talk." Over hushed tones this old friend spins a tale not even you would beleive, " Something is going on in Dweomer, something dark and twisted. One of the lords of magic, he has changed somehow. I am in deep over there, too deep maybe. I hear the legion is sending an envoy to stormspire. That is not a good idea right now. Dunscon is running scared and the black market... I hear they are looking for something, a magicore, and I have no idea what the frak that is. Probably some kind of deep dark artifact smuggled out of Tolkeen." This person is a bit nervous and they keep looking out the window.
Max's Roommate
You come into your room, its nice to be back, even that pretty little schnauzer was more than kind to you. A voice from the one shadowy corner in the room surprises you. " Max, its been a long time. How is Nadine?" Woa, a blast from your black market past has come back. " I am just passing through Max, blending in with those Dweomer's. You guys in the 13th are doing wonders for our business. Although... You never did make the requested meet Danvers arranged. For me its water under the bridge, but for others they might be inclined to remember. If your looking to get out and back to some dishonest work, there is operation outside of whykin where we could use a heavy lifter... Oh and if you locate something called a Magicore let the bosses know... They are offering 1 million, Most think it is an object but I think it just might be a person." The person sticks to the one shadow in the room, overly cautious.
Jude's Room
Tess lightbringer Mystic brought back from being a disfigured Ceal lies down on the bed opposite from Jude's. She smiles at him, " I... I wanted to thank you Jude... I am going with Crystal to see her home in Stormspire. Its been a long time, and I thought folks stopped caring in this world, but you... What are you even doing out with those folks? Shouldn't you be back in Chi-town with your sister safe and sound. When I saw you out in the street, in front of the radio station. Even though my mission was to bring you to Scara, I couldn't help but be amazed... When you grabbed me, it felt..." She pauses looking at Jude considering her words carefully.
At some point the group meets up in the mess hall. Over a meal of eggs, ham and orange juice share how your home coming to the castle went and if possible include some of or all of the events of what happened the night you all had a roommate.

Player Directions: Its time for an interlude! Tell us what happens when you get back to the castle ( you have a few weeks off, so any build or TW rolls can be made as part of the interlude), feel free to interact with Pender, Ms. Dee, kid Alex or any other NPC you like. I tried to give each of you your own " room mate" that will be in the Fed of Magic area. Roll a 1d4 on the chart below to see how ultimately that NPC roommate reacts and or leaves your company. You can make up any of the narrative and dialog as you please.

1-Enemy: this contact leaves your company an enemy and will actively hinder your efforts. Please add the person to your list of hindrances as an enemy( they are a WC)
2-Ally: this contact can be relied on to provide assistance as you head into the Fed of magic. Add them to your edges as a contact. They are an extra.
3-Antagonist: a reluctant ally, they may show up from time to time to hinder but they may also provide aid. Add as a connections edge at -2 to all connection rolls. They are an extra.
4-Fan: this contact will go to great lengths to actively help you succeed. Add them to your character sheet as an edge connections at +2. This ally is a WC

Note: all these connections are regionally specific to deowmere and the fed of magic. Depending on how far away you are from the region you may not be able to roll or you will have to make the roll at a minus. These connections can be rolled for once per session. All players who include them in their interlude earn +1 benny!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Part 1: Spector of Dweomer and Welcome back

Post by Jackal »

Debrief Info
In an OCC tag please just mention any facts you leave out from your report. +1 Benny for reading and following directions if you do so. STEP ONE Write Debriefing.
Interlude Roll
Interlude Rolls [dice]2[/dice]: Fan: this contact will go to great lengths to actively help you succeed. Add them to your character sheet as an edge connections at +2. This ally is a WC.
Roommate Info
Exhausted and Old, some shut eye must seem a nice idea. When you open your door, you are pulled in rather forcefully and a hand clamped over your mouth. Before you can start zapping a voice says, " Its me Flint, and we got to talk." Over hushed tones this old friend spins a tale not even you would believe, " Something is going on in Dweomer, something dark and twisted. One of the lords of magic, he has changed somehow. I am in deep over there, too deep maybe. I hear the legion is sending an envoy to Stormspire. That is not a good idea right now. Dunscon is running scared and the black market... I hear they are looking for something, a Magicore, and I have no idea what the frak that is. Probably some kind of deep dark artifact smuggled out of Tolkeen." This person is a bit nervous and they keep looking out the window. STEP TWO Write Interlude (fan in room).

Player Directions: Its time for an interlude! Tell us what happens when you get back to the castle ( you have a few weeks off, so any build or TW rolls can be made as part of the interlude), feel free to interact with Pender, Ms. Dee, kid Alex or any other NPC you like. I tried to give each of you your own " room mate" that will be in the Fed of Magic area. Roll a 1d4 on the chart below to see how ultimately that NPC roommate reacts and or leaves your company. You can make up any of the narrative and dialog as you please.

Note: all these connections are regionally specific to Dweomer and the fed of magic. Depending on how far away you are from the region you may not be able to roll or you will have to make the roll at a minus. These connections can be rolled for once per session. All players who include them in their interlude earn +1 benny!
Debrief and Paperwork (Gain +1 bennie for talking about what Flint leaves out of "Reporting in"):
  • I took Dev Black's money, not having a monthly pay each month was still a strange feeling. I had been so secure in my future with the CS. Now. Now I never quiet knew what each day would bring. Heh, by Prosek's icy balls, the time spend over the last two years, away from the CS, had made life more enjoyable. Hell, the last few weeks had nearly killed me, but were damned exciting. I really like the members of the 13th SET. For that matter, I had liked a few of those Black Company guys, a shame about them, no longer existing. Fate is cruel. I bid you a fond farewell Black Company, you fought the good fight. Rest in peace BC. We had defeated that maniac Giest and her insane army of the dead, we had saved Gloom and countless innocents, I was ready for Dev Black's money. Whiskey and Rum are not cheap.

An account of events, a debriefing, after action report, that's what Dev Black wanted. Alright, this was easy, just like the daily CS after action reports, here goes, although, a few things I think I will leave out.

I was advised by Lord Coake to locate the 13th SET in Gloom. I arrived to the aptly named gloomy city and ascertained the 13th was infiltrating a alternate universe where the villainous Giest was hiding, many of the members of the 13th were also missing, it appeared that the a fore believed traitorous Black Company was working with the 13th to save the City of Gloom. Hurriedly I located the 13th BC mix of heroes and followed them into a hellish domain of rotten and ravaged Earth. A mass battle ensued consisting of all the worst imaginable entities from all the multitude of dimensions. We won. We returned to the Castle. No I have no further details I wish to scribe. -Flint.

The raised eyebrow of Dev Black told me he was less than impressed with my short narrative, too bad sucker. Making my way out of his office with my new cash I grinned.
Downtime and the Roommate (Gain +1 bennie for including Sadie (Roommate) in Interlude):
  • I was surprised, only in the sense that I was not alarmed. I have found that my mind "tingles" with a warning when things are about to go sideways, a sixth sense warning, which, even thought I was grabbed from behind and had a soft female hand placed over my mouth, no warning went off. Realization of who was in my room nearly made my old ticker skip a few beats. Sadie.

Sadie. I did not see her at first, and before she spoke, I knew who it was. I had not smelled that soft, sensual and disorientating scent, for decades, but I knew who was behind me immediately, Sadie.

The woman who had been my wife for a decade, was a deep undercover operative, and had finally "betrayed" me by learning magic. Forbidden love. Lost love. Sadie, ex-CS and Federation Shifter.

Sadie Cote, technically still my wife, even though I had not seen her for nearly 20 something years. Even before she spoke, all the memories flooded back into my mind when I smelled her sweet soft skin.

Her soft, lascivious voice: "Its me, Rene, and we've got to talk." My heart ached! "Something is going on in Dweomer, something dark and twisted. One of the Lords of Magic, he has changed somehow. I am in deep over there, too deep maybe. I hear the legion is sending an envoy to Stormspire. That is not a good idea right now. Lord Dunscon is running scared and the black market... I hear they are looking for something, a Magicore, and I have no idea what the frak that is. Probably some kind of deep dark artifact smuggled out of Tolkeen." Nervously Sadie glanced to the window of the small room we were sharing in the Castle.

"Sadie...I..." The stirring below, made my 62 year old heart proud, still got it. "Sadie..." The freaking hell is a Magicore? "Sadie. You're alive still? I...."

Her words blew me away, "Colonel Rene Cote, I have missed you so much! I cannot believe you left the Coalition and joined the Legion! It's been, what, 20 years...."

I muttered, "Major Cote ISS, demoted then retired... but please call me Flint, that's what everyone here knows me as." as she continued...

"...I have missed you baby...Flint? Our cat was named Flint, seriously? Look hon, there is a reason I came to see you..."

Looking out the window nervously she continued.

"Dweomer, the City of Brass, Shadowville, Stormspire and others.... the Federation of Magic.... all of them are putting aside thier individual squabbles and concentrating on locating a ... thing called the Magicore. I risked a lot to come here. I have a small kingdom of my own etched out near the Shadow Forrest. A handful of students and a small village under my command. Lord Dunscan has pressured me to serve and a Queen under his Kingdom. I cannot overpower him, but I will do what I can to assist the Legion in preventing him in getting this Magicore. When the 13th come to the Federation, when you are in my town, you will be under my protection and hidden and kept safe. I never stopped loving you Rene, now that you are not working for the CS we could..."

I held up a hand, and interrupted her. Even older, and obviously used by her dangerous magics of summoning and Shifting, she was exactly the woman I wanted to be with. It's true, I couldn't be with her after she defected from the CS and left me behind to study magic. She'd gone from devout CS undercover agent and loving wife to magic using scum and wanted dead by the CS. She left me for magic. Decades later it still hurt. I'd never remarried, I'd thrown myself into the ISS program and run my command with the men and women under my command being my family. Been demoted from Colonel even to keep my soldiers safe. now, Sadie just wanted back into my heart.

"Let me stop you there. Just because I am free to love you now, does not mean I am able to ... yet ... you left me, you hurt me. Magic became your new lover. Now you want me to forgive you and just meld into your new, to me, life. Time Sadie. Time. The 13th is not leaving for the Federation for a week or two. I don't have anything to do to prep for the mission, I am a weapon, I don't need to prepare my gear, I am my gear. I'm ready now to head out. So lets spend the next week or such, here, re-getting to know each other. I understand there is a Pub here, and a of all things, bowling ally. Lets re-meet each other, slowly, take it slow and explore each other and see how it goes."

She dropped her black, seemingly alive, cloak to my bed and stood before me in dark, blood stained? leathers which showed a lot of her firm and muscular body.

"Okay Rene, Flint, we will take it slow, get to know each other, see where it leads."

Damn it all, I meant it, but...

I am not sure if it was her or me who moved first. All I know is the mutual satisfaction we expressed simultaneously was awesome. Rolling over naked on the bunk I looked at her nude strong body. I'd started to get a belly, but she was as athletic as the day we met. Made me feel like I better start doing sit ups starting tomorrow.

The next 6 days were a blur and had a lot of the same 'exercises' as we talked and learned how each other had spent the last decades and where we saw ourselves headed.

"Flint, I will do anything to be with you again. I am sorry I left, I had to, but now I am in a position to help you and your friends. Please let me."

I nodded at Sadie and kissed her softly on her lips as she smiled, brushing her long black hair back out of her face. Turning, she stepped through the open portal she had opened to her village, Ebonmore, and she left me alone in the room.
Sadie
Sadie Cote
Veteran Shifter

At some point the group meets up in the mess hall. Over a meal of eggs, ham and orange juice share how your home coming to the castle went and if possible include some of or all of the events of what happened the night you all had a roommate.
  • Dropping into a seat at the dinner Flint nods to the others.

Looking exhausted and like he had neglected to shave Flint ordered food then told the 13th SET:

"I have been out to the Federation territories and spending a lot of time with a woman named Sadie. She is a Shifter who lives in a town called Ebonmore, near the Shadow Forrest in the Federation lands. She is the ruler of a small village there. She rules, but is under the sway of Lord Dunscan, who she hates. She says that everyone is looking for a mystic artifact called the Magicore. She, Queen Sadie, wishes to help us if she can. Safe haven in her village and will do what she can to supply us information. Gods I am hungry, pass the salt please....."

Flint looks exhausted, but also happy, and seems ready to roll when the time comes for the 13th SET to set out!
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

[dice]0[/dice] Enemy
Smarts 3
[dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
When Jitters enters the debriefing room, the Dwarf Master Dev Black has a momentary look of horror as he realizes that he's going to have to deal with Jitters. While most Crazy's were bad enough to deal with, Jitters is more notorious in part due to his tendency to speak at a rate of a lightspeed a second, but because he was unusually talkative for a Crazy, normally about things that are best left unsaid. But the worst part of it all is that everything that Jitters says still has to be recorded (typically with a very high quality audio recording device) and then listened at a slower speed while 20 Intel Analysts try to carefully listen as they are trying to garner new intelligence while vigorously taking notes at everything that he says. "Give me a moment to get set up here, Jitters." Master Black tells the Quick Flex as the dwarf goes over to a storage cabinet in the corner of the room and gets a small black box with a microphone attached to it to bring back to the table and set it up. "Alright, now I am ready (I hope). You may begin." he tells Jitters.

"WellitallstartedwhenIwasassignedtodeliverorderstoCantrellandarrivingasthemissilesfellandIhelpeddefendGloomfromthemissileswhichiswhenIgotmyarmorfrommydadthenforthenextthreeweeksIwas scoutingScara'stowerandrightbeforewewenttobattleScarainhertowerseveralmembersofthe13thandtheBlackCompanyandIwerekidnappedandinsomesortoftemporalmagicusersIdon'tknowjusthowlongwewere't here'butCadehadtocomesaveusatleasttwicebecausethefirsttimeIrememberCantrellshootingCadeinthefaceplatebutthesecondtimewerememberwasmuchmoresuccessfulaswearenolongerinHellButanywaythe roomwewereinwhenwehadtogettheHellPillarswehadtofightourwayinmanyofushadbeenhitbyeitherhitbymutatingmagicboltsorbreathinglikeinLibertas'scaseashehadtakenhishelmetoffspecificallytobreatheinthe mutatingvaporsButanywayswefoughtandwonthenleftviaportalandencounteredthe1stSETwhereevertheywereandthenweportaledbackIthinkthemutatingvaporsmusthavehadsomeunknownhiddensideeffectsas LibertasisslowlybecomingmoreandmorepowerhungryAnywaythedayofthebattlearisesandIhelpthe13thplayagiginOldChicagothenIpersonallyledalloftheCyberKnightsinto." Jitters said as his tail grabs something off of Maser Black's desk.
What Jitters Leaves out of his report
Basically nothing. Does this still earn me a Benny?
Stealth 14
[dice]3[/dice] Ace!
Stealth Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Jitters' tail filches the credstick with Libertas' name on it, unless Jon says it isn't there anymore, in which case it will be a random credstick that has yet to be picked up.
After filing his report, Jitters returns to his dorm room that he hasn't seen in weeks and is surprised to see that he has a bunk mate. "OhhellotherehowareyousonicetomeetyouMynameisJitters!" he says jubilantly, sticking his hand out in an offer to shake hands. As they shake hands, Jitters tail slides up the sleeve of Capt. Bane's robes and filches a wand. While the tail was quick, Bane's eye was quicker. A look of rage filled his face as he shouts "THEIF!" at the top of his lungs.

Jitters face contorts in confusion as he has no idea what the other man is so upset about until out of the corner of his eye he notices his tail is holding something "Ohgeethisiswhatyou'resoupsetaboutI'msosorrythathappenedbutmytaillitterallyhasamindofit'sownand...", but Bane interrupts him shouting "NOW I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHY THE LEGION INVITED ME HERE! IT'S BECAUSE THEY COVET THE MAGICORE AND WANTED THE PERSONAL WAND OF BRETHAN D'ZIR, HIGH LORD MAGUS AND FIRST AMONG EQUALS, WHO HAD WARNED ME THAT ONE OF THE LEGION WOULD STEAL IT TO LEAD THEM RIGHT TO IT! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! GIVE IT BACK TO ME!"

Jitters, not knowing what else to do, did the one thing that he knew how to do well. He ran, right through the breakfast that the group is trying to enjoy, leaping over a table on the other side of the cafeteria as the Legionarres duck, but keep on eating as if this is something that happens regularly. Then Jitters races to the long table the 13th is as and trying to eat food, jumping on the table and running to the other end, his feet dodging left, right, and center as he runs past the food being served. But no matter how fast he ran, Bane was able to Teleport right to him, even after he overcharged his speed from his armor's powers. Cornered and alone, the mage slowly stalks the Crazy while saying in a low growl "Give it back, right now!"

"OhthisIfyouhadonlyaskedIwouldhavegivenittoyoualready." Jitters says as he tosses the wand to Bane as he walks off to get in the breakfast line, having worked up an appetite.
Attachments
Captain Bane 2.jpg
Last edited by Jitters on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Roll for roommate: [dice]0[/dice]

Cantrell is grateful to see Castle Refuge looming ahead, even if it does mean missing out on the party in Gloom. After the excitement of the past several weeks, a day or two alone in her bunk sounds just about perfect ...

She even smiles when Pender -- now Captain Lumkiss -- meets them at the gates.

" Oh Gosh! You guys were the right team for the job weren't you!? Outstanding, I even got a raise in pay and a COT team to manage! Just great, just great!..." , he says.

Cantrell waits until he's finished, then draws Lumkiss aside, making sure Ms. Dee is within earshot.

"Congratulations, Captain. That actually reminds of something I've been meaning to talk to you about. The hazard pay has been appreciated, but I think it's about time to add a chevron to these sergeant's stripes. 'Sergeant 1st Class Cantrell' has a nice ring to it, and would reflect the rather specialized and ... demanding ... nature of my command," she says, smiling sweetly. "I'd appreciate it if you could see what you can do."

After meeting with the captain, she heads straight to the debrief with Master Dev Black.

No sense delaying the inevitable, she thinks as she puts pen to paper. She opts for (mostly) full disclosure, though she does hold back on some of her concerns about Libertas's behavior and apparent obsession with that creepy staff. Instead, she couches her report in terms of possible chaotic taint from the Vanished's trip to hell, and recommends that both Lib and Jitters receive a full psychological evaluation and magical screening, to be sure that they didn't pick up anything besides a tail.

"A supply of powerful tranquilizers, preferably in hypo form for administration at range, also would be useful if the quartermaster can round something up," she writes, leaving it somewhat ambiguous about whether she wants them for use on the crazy or the techno-wizard.

Cantrell also withholds some of the details of her encounters (or perhaps just visions) with Bane in the breach outside time. She notes that she received a communication from him that appeared authentic, and that he warned of a great danger related to temporal tampering and suggested the Legion try to retrieve something called the 'Valent Blade' from Dweomer. She leaves out mention of the temporal lodestone that he gave her, now set into the Red Gauntlet, and says nothing about her own immunity to temporal magic.

With that task complete, she grabs her kit and heads to her room ... only to find it occupied by a young, half-kobold boy clutching a familiar hammer and softly crying.

"Hi... This hammer just appeared next to me... I... I don't know what it means. My uncle and I are heading into the Fed of magic to visit family... I am Sono Klaus, do you maybe know what happened to my father Herr Klaus?"

Cantrell's own eyes fill with tears. She wonders what she should say. After a moment, she simply drops her bag and wraps the boy in a hug, letting him sob against her chest as her own tears fall.

"I got to meet your father a few times and I liked him very much," she says after a while, when Sono's sobbing has lessened. "One of the things I liked best was that he always tried to help other people, even when they weren't nice or didn't want his help. And he kept helping other people even when it cost him very much, and kept him from coming back to people like you that he loved. I don't know many details, but I know that your father gave his life to save some of my friends, and to save a lot of other people, too. And that somehow he was able to send this hammer to you, to remind you that he loved you and that you, too, can help other people if you want."

Cantrell wipes her eyes, and holds the boy at arm's length, so he can see her.

"I know that's not easy to hear, and you don't have to make any decisions now. But I want you to know that you can ask me for help and I'll help you, just like your dad helped me, okay? Now, what do you say we go get some breakfast? I heard they have pancakes and fresh strawberries in the mess, if you want to come with me to meet some of the other people who knew your dad."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Z'Anomandir

Post by Z'Anomandir »

Upon his return to Gloom, a weary Z'Anomandir is once again offered tribute by two random humanoid kids. This time it is a large cape suitable in size for his true dragon body from a grackle and a friendly hug from little Alex. He quickly sees the tarp is made of a flimsy material and would be unsuitable for combat. "I will mount this gift in my icy lair as a memento of our valiant fight against that Geist person and rocking all those faces with our sweet tunes!" he announces to the young grackle with pride. "Thank-you!" To young Alex he offers a ride on his back as they follow the rest of the 13th around.
Lumkiss wrote:She is proposing an ambitious plan and even if it goes through it will take some time to get all the pieces in place for it to be executed..." His voice trails off as he seems to be seeing Zan for the very first time.
"Hi!" Zan and Alex wave at Lumkiss.
Master Dev Black wrote:He looks at the dragon and grins, " I hear your kind can shift into something smaller big guy, we want your account too if you do not mind. I have a recorder her for you to say your piece into it. How did you find yourself with this lot?"
With only slight embellishment regarding his heroics and combat prowess during the battle, Zan tells the dwarf not just everything regarding the battle, but his entire life story since he was hatched just several weeks ago.
OOC Comments
In an OCC tag please just mention any facts you leave out from your report. +1 Benny for reading and following directions if you do so.

-->Everything regarding the cyberknight commander's suspicions regarding Libertas and necromancy
Shalla wrote:"I am Shalla, oh great and mighty dragon. You bore my brother the cyber knight commander in battle against the forces of Geist. What do you know of the companions you travel with? Do some seem closer to the edge of evil than others? What about Libertas? Is it true he is from stormspire?"
Interlude NPC reaction
Interlude NPC reaction roll: [dice]0[/dice]
this contact will go to great lengths to actively help you succeed. Add them to your character sheet as an edge connections at +2. This ally is a WC
"Hello Shalla! My apologies for the current condition of my lair but the these 'credits' they gave me are so small they all fit in these tiny pieces of plastic and metal here," he shows her one of his credit chips. "They tell me there are fifty thousand of them in this little chip alone. I find them completely unsuitable for my needs." he laments, shaking his head sadly.

Though he is still very tired from the effects of the leyline storm Zan listens patiently to the lady when she finds him in his frigid lair deep inside the Red Robin, though confusion slowly spreads across his face as she asks her questions. "Evil? What ever do you mean? Libertas is my friend, like your brother is my friend. We fought the evil Geist's army together, me and my friends in the 13th SET and many others." He looks at her with an openly disapproving stare. "That doesn't even make sense," Zan continues, half to himself.

As Zan answers her questions, Shalla quickly realizes the dragon hatchling is but a few weeks old. She finds she is drawn to his earnestness and, frankly, naivete. Brother was right. This wyrm has only just joined the 13th and is quite young still, practically a blank slate. Untainted by the darker aspects of this world. For now.

"And I don't know where Libertas is from. Is Stormspire a place where evil comes from? If so, I highly doubt my friend is from there," Zan concludes in a manner that is somehow both dismissive and polite.

Shalla allows herself a small smile as Z'Anomandir finishes speaking. "Well, mighty Z'Anomandir," Zan nearly purrs at her use of the honorific, "I will gladly take you at your word. Surely you would not cavort with evil, in any form. As a token of my gratitude for aiding my brother during the battle I ask that you call on me if you are ever in my neck of the woods or need my aid."

"Woods? Which woods?" Zan queries. "I don't have a map here in my lair. I just have a lot of frozen food and my new cape." He motions to the Dres Marbles Left tarp hanging on the rear wall of his freezerlair.

She laughs. "My apologies, Zan. That is just an expression. It means 'if you are ever near my home' please call on me."

Ah! More gifts. I should have suspected as much, Zan thinks to himself. "Ok! Is your lair as nice as mine here?" Zan beams with pride.

At this, Shalla can only laugh.
Last edited by Z'Anomandir on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z'Anomandir
Z'Anomandir
Ice Dragon
Legendary Table reward: Badass Family: gain 2 attribute points for the character and his descendants (+1 dye type each to Agility, Smarts)
Bennies: 6/3
  • +1 for following directions during debriefing
  • +1 for including Shalla in interlude
  • -1 to unshake from brainburn due to crit fail psionic roll
  • +1 for Lucky O'Malley post
  • +1 for post-battle breakfast talk

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6 (Fly 12, Climb 0); Parry: 6; Toughness: 34 (16 MDC); In human form w/ armor on = 13 (6); PPE: 20; ISP: 20
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d6, K-Arcana d4
Hindrances:
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • Outsider(-2 CHA)
  • Large (+2 to be hit)
  • Enemies (CS)
  • Territorial

• AB (Psionic), Major Psionic, AB (Magic)
  • Power Surge: gain 2d6 PP or ISP when dealt a Joker for initiative
  • Icy Breath: 12/24/48 for 4d6 MD or Cone for 2d10 MD
  • Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
  • Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage)
  • Impervious to Cold: Ice and cold do not affect an Ice dragon at all. Non-variable frequency lasers do only half damage due to the reflecting nature of their icy hide.
  • Infravision (Iconic): halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets
  • Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
  • Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.

WOUNDS:

Adventure Cards
-Villanious Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan.
-Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

PPE: 20/20
Powers: Freeze entangle ; Battle Shards deflection ; Fortify/Sap boost/lower trait
ISP: 20/20
Powers: Hibernation slumber ; Cold Snap dispel ; Blizzard Spirit intangibility

TW Medium Cyberknight Armor: healing
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Debriefing
Omission of Bizarro Alex's contacts with the CS. Also omitted are gritty details of the alternate versions of the 13th SET members themselves, and the length of elapsed time he spent in alternate Rifts Earth vs. the time he was away from this Earth
Maximilian relates most of his own portion of the story, including his trip to the other side due to the temporal craziness. "And that's when Alex and I came back through ready to blow the whole thing sky high. I lifted off the trigger just in time, or else our whole crew would have been paste."

Regarding the presence of CS elements at the battle of Gloom, he sniffs. "Not sure what brought that unit out. I half expected them to turn on us when the battle was worst, or at least to 'accidentally' pop off at the Fed troops. The CS squad fought well and for the correct side with no extraneous dramatics, and when it was all done, they made their way home with barely more than a 'thanks for the invite.' I was shocked, for sure. No, like I said, I don't know how they found out about it. It's the CS. I'm sure they have eyes on everything when they can arrange it."

He chuckles at the memory. "No...no marked differences between the alternate 13th and ours. Some minor personality tweaks, but everything else was mostly as it should be. I didn't stay long enough to get close."
Roommate
[dice]0[/dice]
Max shakes his head and snorts to himself. Captain Lumkiss? Seriously? We save the world, THIS guy gets a promotion? Colonel Lumkiss on the other side was an absolute beast in combat. This guy probably wets himself when Ms. Dee looks at him wrong. He forces a smile. "Congratulations, captain! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I mean that."
He smiles, then the guilt rushes into his head, when Alex greets Nadine. "Hey, kid! Great to see you. Wow, I thought that leg injury might put a hitch in your step, but I'll bet you can outrun me!"

He glances at Ms. Dee as she explains the open door connection has been severed. "Kid, that's great news! No more episodes! Sounds like you've got plenty of work ahead of you here at the castle." Alex's face falls at the idea. "Oh, hey...uh, listen, Alex. I feel just awful, kid. I dragged you out of Silver Bluff thinking I was doing you a favor. I wanted to give you a chance to see some sights, develop your talents. All I got you was a shiny leg and a ton of pain. I don't think I can put you in harm's way like that again. If I got you hurt worse, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He pats the boy on the shoulder. "Listen. Stay here. Study. Do some work in the motor pool, help out with the electronics. I know you've got some great ideas on sensors. Present them to the castle defense force. Ms. Dee here will get you a meeting, and you tell 'em I sent you in. I've seen what you can do. You can help us." He squats down to look Alex in the eyes. "Get stronger. Get older. Then come ride shotgun with me. In the meantime, Nadine needs a little tweak here and there, and she's got a few new tricks to check out. Meet me back here in like 30 minutes, okay?" Alex smiles and nods. "Okay, Max."

After showing Alex Nadine's new jump jets, Max opens the door to his quarters. He notes the second bunk in the room and curses under his breath. "Weeks on the road, come back, gotta split my bunk with some..." His thought is interrupted by a familiar voice. "How is Nadine?"
Max spins, vibrosword deployed and ready to chop heads. "Hey, easy, killer! It's me! George! George deSaltu!" Max doesn't lower the sword. "Max...don't you remember me?"
The dog boy barks. "SHUT UP! Answer one question." The figure stands, awaiting the query. "What's the easiest way to make a banana split?" Max grins. George sighs, relieved, and responds. "Cut it in half, you mutt! That joke was old the first time you told it." Max sheaths his sword, and the dog boy embraces the simian d-bee. "George! What are you doing here? And why are you in my room? You snore so loud, Nadine could sneak by unnoticed!"
George smiles. "Just passing through. Blending in with the Dweomers. The 13th SET is doing wonders for business, although you didn't make the meet Danvers arranged." Max's hand goes back to his sword. "Easy, fella. For me, it's water under the bridge. You guys have obviously been doing big things. But there are others who are less apt to forget." He walks back to a seat in the corner, the only shadows in the room. A faintly glowing green obsidian staff rests behind him. "Listen. If you think you can steer your SET towards some honestly dishonest work, we could use some heavy lifting outside Whykin." The ape glances around the room. "Oh, and if you happen to run across a Magicore, let the bosses know. They're paying a million creds, untraceable, straight out. It's just information. Not an action, or even a piece of work. They think it's an object, but I think it might be a person."
Max nods. "Small world, ain't it, George? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." The ape man smiles. "Max, you were the best. You're missed. I can get you back to work yesterday. Just say the word."
Max shakes his head. "I'm doing some good work here, George. Can't spend money when you're dead. Besides, I think I'm getting close."
George sighs. "Max, you won't find her until she is ready to be found. That's if she's even alive."
The dog boy shrugs. "Then I'll die trying. Good to see you, buddy."
The ape man grins. "You aren't getting rid of me that quick. This is my bunk for the night. Hope you got earplugs." The two share a few laughs, and George adds, before turning in. "Seriously, friend. You need anything, you want back in, or you just need a hookup, reach out. I've got you. I owe you for Devil's Gate."
Max sleeps, one hand on the pistol hidden under his pillow.
George deSaltu
George deSaltu.jpg

Max meets the 13th for breakfast. Between dodging Jitters' antics and ribbing the old new guy, Flint, about his evening escapades, he nods as the "Magicore" is mentioned again. "Yeah, weird. I heard about that too. Old friend of mine was passing through, dropped the name. We have any idea what this is?" He glances at the faces of his teammates. Magicore...hum. What do you...oh...nnnnooo.... He speaks up quickly, again. "So...anyone remember that thing we were supposed to do for Danvers back in Silver Bluff? Turns out, and I don't know if you guys remember this, but we never did it. I think I can arrange a make-good in Whykin, if that's on our way." He nods to Cantrell, as if to encourage her to make the trip.

Max nods to Sono Klaus. "Kid, I didn't know your old man long, but I wore a smile on my face every second I was around him. Mostly the way he gave Markus fits, but your dad had his own charm. If you got even a little of that from him, between that and the hammer, I know you'll do great things someday."
Last edited by Maximilian on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Done, directions followed for the benny
Things Left Out of Libertas' Report:

1: The precise nature of the staff's power-source (he will note its capabilities--curing wounds through a kind of nanotech-cyberware-- and controlling minds--but will not fully detail the necromantic aspects of its abilities).
2: The fact that he willingly exposed himself to the gas in Hell that gave him the tail (or maybe the slow regeneration--he's not sure which came from the gas, and which came from the warping blasts, after all).
3: His 'roommate', or any discussion that transpires with her. (Yes, I know the report comes before that, but no way in hell is he informing anyone at the Castle of this, later, either.)

Interlude Die Roll: [dice]0[/dice]: Enemy. Woo-hoo!
When Diamond Clad produces the key, before Libertas or Jude actually can go for it, the tail snatches it up, tucking back under his Shadowcloak. Lib shrugs casually, but makes it clear he's happy holding the key for now. He grins at Jude. "Hey, man, you saw the symbols on there. It's probably gonna require some major translating to actually use it."

During his report, he figures he has to explain the staff's basic functions. But he omits certain details--common folk can get so testy about things like specific energy sources. It's all just power, really--it's just how you wield it that matters, in the end. Light, darkness, fire, frost... Necromancy is just one of an array of options. But best not to confuse his superiors. Easier to focus on the positives, like his new abilities.

Getting to the Hell-castle, his report fails to include a few inconsequential details--such as opening the vents on his suit and taking a deep breath of the warping gas. Hell, he can't even be certain if it was that or the rays the enemy shot them with that was the cause of his newfound conditions--best to just focus, again, on the positives. He has a fully prehensile tail, and recovers from injury faster.

Later, in his own room, Libertas blinks as Geist makes her appearance. When she makes her offer, he smiles, holding up the staff that is clearly such an object of admiration for her. "Yes, I'm rather proud of it. Glad you appreciate its value and significance. And I would have to be a fool to turn down an actual Spell of Legend."

She smiles at him, in a twisted rictus of what was probably meant to be a come-hither expression. "You know, with the power I offer you, you could even repair my form. I was comely, once, and could be again, by your side."

"Of course," he starts, and then suddenly, his eyes glow violet, and green, and black, all at once, as does the staff tip--and, a heartbeat later, her eyes are filled with the same glow, "I would have to be an even greater fool to partner with someone as twisted and evil as you. Just stand right there for a moment...." He pulls out a tablet--his private one, not the one the Legion issued him. "Okay, let's start with everything you know about the Spell of Legend, and the book pieces--where they are located, how they are guarded, and so on. Also, if you have any notes on the Spell, either on your person or hidden away in some nearby stash that I can get to immediately, I'll take that information as well."

At first, he takes copious notes, but as time wears on, he realizes he needs to take some more extreme measures. He gives her his spare Shadow Cloak. "Good thing I still have two from the Red Vault. Activate this, using your own PPE, but only with baseline Invisibility. Stay within the sound of my voice. We'll slip out through the back and go over to the Ley Line. I need to be able to continue this for as long as we need to."

They walk out, unseen, and go to the Ley Line, finding a nice, quiet ruin to sit inside. "Okay, remove the Cloak and give it to me, please." She does, and he continues. "Now, getting back to the lecture on the Spell of Legend..."

The lesson continues, long into the night. The first hints of dawn are showing on the horizon when he finally nods. Tapping the Ley Line once more to restore his flagging reserves, he then turns to her. "Alright, then, I have the basics here; application will take some work, but this should be amazing. Now, let's get you to Cantrell. I know she's looking forward to the day she gets to put a plasma ejector down your throat and pull the trigg--"

He's cut off as Geist's survival instincts kick in, and she wrests free of his control. "NEVER have I been subjected to such an outrage... I feast on your heart for this, Libertas Magicorum." Still, recognizing the danger of facing him here and now (and suddenly wracked by terror from the exposure to the Staff's power), she opts for the better part of valor, and teleports away. He, in turn, re-activates his Shadowcloak on the more intense True Invisibility setting, and gets out of there. So, the question now... Do I tell Cantrell what happened and deal with a lot of pain now, or hope that we kill Geist so fast the next time we meet that Cantrell never finds out about this? Maybe an... edited report.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jude was uncharacteristically quiet on the trip back to Gloom. He didn’t hit on Cantrell once. They had lost Markus in the chaos of the battle for Gloom. Another death on his conscience. Two Ziejas. Bane. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. Did it ever get any easier? He hadn’t wanted this kind of responsibility.

But now, it seemed, he had it.

Jude’s spirits picked up a little bit when they got back to Gloom, the celebratory atmosphere being infectious.

"Hey there, Mr. Maverick! I heard the 13th helped the Marbles out in uhh, some kind of ravaged Earth! If I give your team a free t-shirt, could you get Vick and Tasha to sign a shirt for me?"

Jude smiled at the young grackletooth, but there was a sadness in his eyes. Vick and Tasha were dead. “Sure, kid,” Jude said as the boy handed out t-shirts. “Next time I see them, I’ll get it done and send them back to you.”

Jude was disappointed to hear the Black Company hadn’t made it back. He hadn’t seen them since the battle. Had they survived. Had Alecto? He found his thoughts drifting to the beautiful Alecto. He hoped she found...whatever it was she wanted out of life.

Jude was a bit surprised to find Diamond Clad the new mayor of the town. “Crystal is okay, then? And Tesse, too?” Jude was relieved for some good news. Diamond held out a key between Jude and Libertas, uncertain who it was meant for.

Libertas’ tail snatched the key. Jude gave his teammate a smile. “Hey, you knew her first,” he said with a grin. “Good luck.”

Jude turned back to Diamond. “I was wondering if you could look at something for me.” Jude dug into his pack and pulled out a small statue of an Ultimax Robot Armor, about the size of a child’s play doll, a foot tall. “It has some arcane symbols on it,” he said, indicating the bottom of the robot. “I think it’s techno-wizardry. I snatched it off of Vigo’s desk. Do you think you can tell me what it does?”
Persuasion 12 2 Raises
Persuasion [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Back at Castle Refuge, Jude’s normal mood seemed to have returned. He even had gotten Cantrell to slap him once on the trip!

Captain Lumkiss and his assistant hurried up before they were even fully unloaded. Jude flashed the ever-patient Ms. Dee a winning smile. “You look like you could use a shoulder rub,” he commented as Lumkiss prattled on.

“Glad we could make you look so good, Captain,” Jude said drolly as the man went on about his promotion and a second team. “We had a few casualties,” Jude told Ms. Dee sadly after she inquired after Zieja, Markus, and Klaus. “Herr Klaus specifically died a hero, saving all of our lives.” He took a breath as the weight of all that responsibility settled on him again. “Zieja and Markus are technically MIA. We never found their bodies. And Bane…” He shook his head. “I still haven’t quite wrapped my head around what happened to Bane. In his absence, I was appointed field second. That is obviously up to you if I keep it, Captain.”

“We’re happy to have Jitters and Flint on the team. Both were very helpful. And this is Z’anomandir. He joined us to help save Gloom, as well, and is looking to join the Legion.”

Jude smiled on hearing about young Alex. “It’s good to hear someone came out okay,” he said as the boy ran up, excited to see them all again, and to see Nadine.

Jude chuckled. “Never grow up, kid. Enjoy your childhood while it lasts. Responsibility sucks.”

Jude winced when Ms. Dee suggested they keep Alex with the team. “He’s a kid. He lost his leg. That shouldn’t have happened,” Jude said vehemently. “He may not like it, but...he should stay here, have a childhood, go to school, learn to fucking read, maybe meet a girl and fool around behind the motor pool. He can decide if he wants to play big damn hero and lose his other leg when he’s older.”

Jude realized it wasn’t ultimately his decision, though, and looked to Max. “I’ll be at debriefing.” He stalked off.
Debriefing +1 Benny
Jude makes sure to specifically mention what he remembers vaguely of Bane, to be sure his memory is somehow maintained for posterity. He minimizes Markus’ prejudice and the problems it caused. He doesn’t mention his relationship with Crystal. Rene’s heroism is mentioned. He leaves out Tesse’s betrayal and plays up the help she was to defeating Geist. He emphasizes Scara helping them in the end, and Klaus’ sacrifice. (Unfortunately Jude doesn’t know about Markus’ promise and the letter). Jude makes absolutely no mention of his battle plan in the final battle, leaving anyone reading to assume Flint’s plans worked perfectly and everything was a result of Cantrell’s leadership. He details the bravery of Thrudh and Alecto and the other members of the Black Company that perished.
Interlude 4 Fan
[dice]4[/dice]
It was late when Jude finally shuffled off to his room. He paused in the doorway in surprise when he saw Tesse Lightbringer sitting on a second bed that had been moved into his quarters. “Tesse!”

She smiled at him. " I... I wanted to thank you, Jude. I am going with Crystal to see her home in Stormspire. It's been a long time, and I thought folks stopped caring in this world, but you... What are you even doing out with those folks? Shouldn't you be back in Chi-Town with your sister, safe and sound? When I saw you out in the street, in front of the radio station, even though my mission was to bring you to Scara, I couldn't help but be amazed. When you grabbed me, it felt..." She paused, looking at Jude, considering her words carefully.

Jude smiled, a familiar light kindling in his eyes. “It felt...right?” he said, dumping his pack beside the door as he closed it.

“Yes,” Tesse whispered.

“I’m with these people, Tesse, because they are people trying to do good in this world, to do right. They aren’t just hunkering behind fortress walls and cowering in fear from the world around them. It’s the same reason my sister became a SAMAS pilot. To push back the darkness.”

Jude started to loosen his armor, and Tesse got up to help him remove it.

“If I could go back, I would, though,” Jude admitted. “I miss Nikki. And my parents. And...others.” Thoughts of Michelle flashed through his mind, a beautiful redhead, a moonlight bower, and...something he was forgetting. He shook his head. He was just tired. “No one is safe in this world, Tesse. We just fool ourselves into thinking we are. We might as well be big, damn heroes and go out in a blaze of glory,” Jude said fatalistically. “And live life to the fullest.”

He reached out and pulled Tesse to him, kissing her firmly. She murmured into the kiss, running her hands up into his hair, caressing his chest. He pressed her forcefully against the wall as the kiss deepened, and she whimpered with desire, her fingers curling into his sweat-stained undershirt. There was a tearing sound, and the shirt parted. Jude shrugged out of it, and his hands swept Tesse’s shirt up over her head.

“I just want to forget…” Jude whispered.

“Then let me help you…” Tesse replied as they tumbled to the bed.

[fade]

Jude found himself running late for the team breakfast in the mess hall when he and Tesse had round -- well, he’d lost track -- in the shower. The pair of them wandered over to the 13th’s table with full trays, their hair still wet. There were definite bruises on Jude’s neck from Tesse’s passionate lips, and he winced slightly when he sat and the scratches on his back flared up.

Tesse gave the others a shy smile and ducked her head. Jude merely gave his familiar, confident, triumphant smile.

“Morning, Cantrell, team.”

Conditions
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 15/15 PPE
Bennies: 9/6
Adventure Cards:
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Master Dev Black nltice roll [dice]0[/dice]ace [dice]1[/dice]

Master Dev Black looks at Jitters, " Watch your fluffy tail there Jitters. If you can help it, talk nice and slow for us mortals. I hear you all have one of Tera Silverforge's Zone Rangers, that must be a nice ride. They only give them out to the elite units so you guys must be special." He smiles and leans back in his chair, seemingly both relaxed and quite observant just not legendarily so.
Libertas and Bane
Jitters rolled a 14 to swipe a random cred stick, it will be Libertas' notice vs 14 otherwise Libertas does not get handed one.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
BRIEFING ROOM:

Libertas frowns as he gets up to the table with the credsticks. "Uh, excuse me, sir, but where's my credstick?"
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

“Hey! Watch it, Jitters! We’re eating here! Don’t antagonize the D’Norr!” Jude scolded, rescuing his coffee and tray from the table before his breakfast got trampled.

Jude leaned over to Flint with a smile. “Someone got lucky last night, old man. I know that look.” He grinned, and then looked thoughtful. “Sadie. Ebonmore. Why does that sound familiar?” he mused.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Master Dev Black looks up when Libertas says something about not getting paid. He was looking over Flints after action report. He rolls Flints report and lights it on fire with a match. Then he uses the flaming report to light his cigar. " A cat gave me this cigar, tastes timeless and smokey. Which is more than I can say for your report Flint. Coake says your one of his top men, trusted ally he said to me..." He holds the report aloft letting it burn out. " But this... I wouldn't even wipe my ass with it." He clicks a few tippy taps on his pad and poimts to some small metallic spheres in the ceiling. " Didn't get a cred stick huh? I know I had seven, even one for the almighty frost dragon."

He walks over to Libertas and shows him the recording of the room as the team first enters. " There, seven cred sticks... Now when you pick them up, 1-2-3-4..." His voice trails off as he was counting the cred sticks picked up. One just simply disapeared from the pile of them. He plays it back a few times and once at a slow motion speed. The cred stick just vanishes. " Well I'll be... Sorry Libertas, we have had a couple of thefts recently. I blame the Dweomer forces camped out side. I know they were on your side against Geist but now that she is dead and gone... Whose side are those feddies on?" He takes out another cred stick, the one marked for Z and leaves it on the desk in front of Libertas. He pats Libertas on the shoulder and takes a hard look around the room. His eyes have a faint blue glow about them as he tries to detect any arcane presences not seen. Satisfied he sits back down and begins to angrily fill out his own report.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

THE BRIEFING ROOM

Libertas frowns, but then nods, taking Z's credstick as fair payment, and tucks it away securely. Hm... maybe if I can track down the thief on my own, I'll get to keep both.....

THE BREAKFAST CLUB

Libertas enters the room--from the doors leading outside. Behind his goggles, his eyes are bleary and bloodshot--not as bad as at the worst of his Gloom obsession, but it's clear he didn't sleep last night. As he passes the waitress, he murmurs some very specific instructions--"In the kitchen, you've got a large coffee brewer. At the bottom of that, is a kind of thick, condensed muck. Take a knife, dip it into the muck, then spread that on a couple slices of rye toast. Bring that to me, along with a sugar shaker, and a carafe of OJ." The waitress is about to query further, but decides not to bother when Lib turns and his tail flicks out from under the Shadowcloak around his neck, trying to snatch her pen. She walks away muttering about how maybe she'd be better off going to work in Cousin Cletus' truck shop in Springdale....

Then he joins the others at the table, putting his head on the hard surface. "Boss, affer breakfas', you'n'me gotta have an ears-only meetin'," he murmurs, presumably to Cantrell. "Got intel to report."

OOC Comments
Rolls for later purposes:

Techno-Wizardry Build Roll: Obscure Device, Sonic (Silence) Trapping: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]1[/dice]
Got a Raise: Device has 17 PPE.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

OOC Comments
Flint try’s hard to not laugh when Dev lights the report on fire. He does keep quiet though.
  • BREAKFAST...

Flint eyes the Crazie as Jitters heads to the breakfast line.

Glancing at Libertas he says: ”Please don’t share your coffee sandwich with the Crazie.”

Jude’s statement doesn’t embarrass Flint, you get over embarrassment at some age, and being a bit arrogant and overconfident, as Flint was, he simply smiled and nodded.

”Sadie is an older lady, a Queen in the Federation. See, nestled in the magic-rich Ohio Valley, the Federation of Magic is a hodgepodge of differing factions, races, and ideologies with one common bond: Magic. It’s why Sadie went there twenty years ago.

She was a undercover CS spy at first but fell in love with magic and became a Shifter. If those Kings and Queens were ever welded into a cohesive force, Federation sorcerers would pose a grave danger to neighboring civilizations.

Their Battle Magi, Mystic Knights, and giant Automatons are supplemented by demons and many other fiendish servants. Lording over all the other Kings and Queens is self titled Lord Alistair Dunscon, who declared himself as the leader of the "True" Federation of Magic, reviving his father's dream of a magical empire, to topple the Coalition States.

Consorting with demons and other evil forces, Dunscon represents the vilest embrace of the supernatural. Sadie rules a small town called Ebonmore and trains a cadre of Shifters and Summoners. She hates, as most of the others do, being under Dunscan’s power and rule.

Even together the Kings and Queens do not think they can bring him down. Which tells ya how powerful he must be. Sadie has said she will help us, hide us, supply us and even fight for us where she can. She both wants the Magicore and doesn’t want Dunscon or anyone else to have it. I think she wants no one to have it more than she wants it herself. I don’t think she really knows what it is at this point.”
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell walks in late to breakfast, accompanied by a boy with big feet and a tear-stained face, an oversized hammer slung across his back.

"Team, I hope everyone got settled in okay," she says, finding a seat. She gestures to the boy: "This is Sono Klaus. I think most of you got to know his father. He's feeling kind of sad this morning, but we thought it might be nice to hear some stories about Herr Klaus, if you have any to share."

She nods to Libertas, acknowledging his request to chat after the meal.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib lifts his head at Cantrell's introduction of Sono. "Well, I think I only met your father the one time. But I'll tell you this--he made me smile. He had a good wit, a keen eye, and tongue that was just sharp enough to keep you on your toes. I liked him, from just one meeting. He brought out a good side in the guy he was assigned to work with, Markus, too, which was no small feat in itself." With that effort made, he starts to slump down again, but pauses when his Magic Sandwich is brought over by a still-edgy waitress, who quickly flees before the Tail Twins can steal her tips--or her skirt.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Jitters sits down next to Libertas at the breakfast table when he feels something had between his butt cheeks. "Ow! What the?" Jitters says as he leans right, begins pulling out the foreign objects from his pants, the first item being a credstick. He flips it over to see if there is a name on it and suddenly he finds it very hard to breathe as it's the name of the soon to be Dark Lord, Libertas! The very one and the same sitting next to him this instant. Jitters eyes bulge out of his head as his jaw drops, then instantly he forces his face back to normal as he nervously whistles as he tries to reverse pick pocket the credstick into one of Lib's pockets, while simultaneously hold his tail with his opposite hand.
Stealth 7
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
As soon Jitters thinks he's successful, he gets up and says nervously "I just remembered that I wanted to speak to the quartermaster before he got too busy today. See you guys later!" He takes off at a jog (what most Olympic sprinters would consider faster than a dead run), until he can find a quiet, secluded spot to see what other mischief his tail has gotten into. The accidentally newly acquired items included a neural mace, two red rubies, and a silvered vibro-knife with a name etched into the blade, Dev Black. For just a moment, Jitters considers having it surgically removed, but ultimately decides against it as it proved quite useful in that last battle against Geist. He curses his tail and vows to himself to make sure to begin checking his tail more regularly at that point.

Jitters goes back to the floor that Debriefing Room 1A was on and goes into the Maintenance Room. Jitters turns around and forces himself to suppress a scream as he's startled by a little boy, no more than 10 years old or so, who looked vaguely familiar, like he was the younger brother to someone else. Jitters keen hearing could hear the whine of servos from the kids cybernetic leg. He squats down in front of him and asks "What are you doing in here, kid?"

"Working! After I was brought back to the castle from Gloom and recovered from surgery, they saw that I had a natural aptitude for machines and electrical items. Usually I'm in the garage, but they had me installing this brand new laser grid on the ventilation system. What are you doing in here?" Alex said.

"Well that's kinda embarrassing to me. I kinda dropped something important into a vent next floor up, and it bounced down the shaft a little bit and now this is the closest access point to where it is. Do you think you can help me by taking the laser grid off so I can get in long enough to get it back?"
Persuasion 3
[dice]2[/dice] Ace!
Persuasion Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
"Really? There aren't any vents on the floors on that floor!"

"No." Jitters says dejectedly, looking down at the floor. "I had realized that my tail had swiped Dev Black's vibro-knife off of him while I was in debrief, so I wanted to return it to him before he realizes it was missing or even who might have taken it."
Knowledge Electronics 3
[dice]5[/dice]
The young boy walks over to the security panel next to the ventilation system and taps the keys a few times before saying "They didn't give me a login ID, so I can't disable the system. Sorry."

"Do you mind if I try something?" Jitters asks, to which the boy nods. He stands before the security panel concentrating on himself for a moment before he tries to hack it.
Expert Training Exalted Boost Knowledge Electronics Psionics 13
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]8[/dice]
-8 ISP
Boosted Knowledge Electronics 17
[dice]9[/dice] Ace!
Boosted Knowledge Electronics Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
Jitters taps keys seemingly at random (even to himself) until the screen lights up and says "Welcome Lord Coake" giving him full admin capabilities. He turns off the lasers in the maintenance room and in the debriefing room with a timer to automatically turn back on again in 15 minutes. Jitters turns to the young boy and says "Thank you for trying. Wish me luck!" He then relaxes control over his boosted skill in electronics and focuses on being stealthy instead.
Expert Training Exalted Boost Stealth Psionics 5
[dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]13[/dice]
-8 ISP
Stealth 8
[dice]14[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]15[/dice]
Jitters quietly moves through the ventilation system until he is above Dev Black in Debriefing Room 1A, slips his tail through and unlatches it from the outside, carefully lets it swing open, making sure it doesn't make a noise, then lowers himself Spiderman style over the desk of Dev Black as the 21 Community Outreach Team sits at desks with their heads lowered, paying attention to what they were writing. When his tail is fully extended, and his arm full stretched out, he was two inches shy of being able to slip the vibro-knife back into its sheath. Jitters fights back the impulse to let out a sigh of frustration as he focuses on enhancing himself one last time to try and throw the vibro-knife the last two inches without raising any suspicions.
Expert Training Boost Throwing Psionics 6
[dice]16[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]17[/dice]
-8 ISP
Throwing 4
[dice]18[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]19[/dice]
Jitters aim is true, but he throws it a little harder than he intended, causing the sheath the jerk and Dev Black to look at his belt. Jitters immediately hauls himself up as fast as he can while still being quiet and grabs the grate as he passes it, slipping it back into place right before Dev looked up. The tense situation, plus the physical exertion that Jitters has been going through is starting to have an effect on him as he sweat starts to bead on his forehead, rolling down to his nose. He mentally tries to will the sweat into stopping, but there is no stopping gravity as the bead of sweat falls from his nose, passes through the grate, Dev Black shrugs and looks away just before he would have been able to see the bead of sweat as it would have passed his head and quietly splashes on the floor. From the ceiling, Jitters relaxes as he realizes that AC systems sometimes form condensation, and that any drops of sweat would probably be written off as that, if they are seen in the first place. He quickly slips his tail through to re-attach the grate from the outside, sneak back to the Maintenance Room, and close that side up just as the system re-arms itself. He sits on the floor hard and slouches up against the wall. He looks at his tail and points his finger at it, saying "YOU!!! I am going to have to do something about you! I just don't know what yet, while also not being obvious about it either." He looks to the boy and says "I'll give this to you if you keep quiet about what just happened, capisce?" The boy's face lights up with delight when Jitters pulls out one of the two red rubies he had acquired, tossing it to him when the boy excitedly nods in agreement. He leaves the Maintenance room and heads for the Quartermaster to see if he can tell Jitters the value of the other ruby.
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]2[/dice]
Libertas, still groggy, fails to realize when Jitters' tail returns his credstick. Of course, when he finds it later in his room, he'll assume it was his OWN tail that did the deed. Then he'll do some transfers to get all the creds into his main account and not think twice about the fraud ramifications.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
Master Dev Black seems non the wiser. He gets up and opens the door, and lets in the COT 22nd team. Jitters can hear his voice echo as he makes his escape through the tight duct work " So you are Captian Lumkis' new team are ye? He tells me you are heading out to Stormspire..."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

“I might have traveled through Ebonmore at one point,” Jude muses. “Don’t remember meeting a queen, but then I’ve been a lot of places, and if it’s as small as you say, might not have noticed it.”

Jude chuckled and took a bite of bacon. He nearly choked when Libertas took a bite of the coffee grounds sandwich.

“So we have no idea what this Magicore is, either?” Jude confirmed. “How are we supposed to track down something that may or may not exist, and that no one knows what it is?”

Jude looked up as Cantrell entered, and then looked to the boy. His face fell. “Sono. I...am so sorry,” he sad sincerely. “Your father was a great man, who saved many lives. I wish I could have known him better.” He smiled. “I think you already fit his hammer quite well, young man.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Location: Alenhammer Ironguts you find it I buy it. No refunds.

In the main hall of the Tomorrow legion members hawk their wares, trade rumors for gold ingots, and in general share in the comradeship of fellow heroes. Anyone who is anyone tells Jitters the pencil thin, slighter taller than most ole Alen ironguts is the regular gem finder. Arriving at his well secured stall Jitters notices an innordinate amount of anti theft security measures designed to foil the arcane and tech savvy from passing into his shop after hours. The dwarf smiles and sileintly waits for the goods to be produced. Upon showing him the red ruby the dwarf leans over it with an appraising eye. He pulls out a loom and inspects it. The entire time he makes no noise, not even as he walks.
Quietly with a small lisp he croons, " My... The fabled eye of RA, if you tell me where you came accross this half of an unique treasure I will pay you 1.2... No you are a hero I know, part of the 13th. 1.3 million credits for it." He puts a cred stick on he table.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The relatively human looking kid, Named Sono Klause, with slightly big feet and a freckled face looks at the group eating. His eyes look red and he sets the hammer don with a thud pulling up a chair. "Papa was all I had here at the Castle..." He smiles weakly at Jude and Cantrell. He suddenly laughs as two tails start tickling his midsides " Oh... Haha... Ohohoh!!!" He bats the tails playfully. Perhaps feeling a bit better he laughs, " My uncle is funny like that too, not with the tail or anything but he can do illusions and tricks, really magic! I am sad he is taking me to see some of my fae kin in the magic zone, I really like the castle, but when he saw the forces of Dweomer arrive he made up his mind awfully quick." The tails tickle him a bit more and he laughs. " Gosh what was that funny word he said... Brethen Tiger, sounds like a funny cat."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Location: Alenhammer Ironguts you find it I buy it. No refunds.

In the main hall of the Tomorrow legion members hawk their wares, trade rumors for gold ingots, and in general share in the comradeship of fellow heroes. Anyone who is anyone tells Jitters the pencil thin, slighter taller than most ole Alen ironguts is the regular gem finder. Arriving at his well secured stall Jitters notices an innordinate amount of anti theft security measures designed to foil the arcane and tech savvy from passing into his shop after hours. The dwarf smiles and sileintly waits for the goods to be produced. Upon showing him the red ruby the dwarf leans over it with an appraising eye. He pulls out a loom and inspects it. The entire time he makes no noise, not even as he walks.
Quietly with a small lisp he croons, " My... The fabled eye of RA, if you tell me where you came accross this half of an unique treasure I will pay you 1.2... No you are a hero I know, part of the 13th. 1.3 million credits for it." He puts a cred stick on he table.
Jitters walks in with both hands holding his tail tight. He listens as Alen croons over the ruby and tells him what it was. Jitters takes one hand and places it over his face as he tries to process all of this. Speaking slowly he says "Something tells me that this came as a pair, right?" When the jeweler confirms that was so, Jitters takes the ruby back and tells him "I think I know where the other one is. Let me go see."
OOC Comments
Jon had confirmed to me that the two rubies were part of a set in chat
As Jitter slowly walked (at a pace that would be a sprint to most), he was reflecting on what had just happened. Had they been just normal rubies that no special name, he never would have thought twice about selling it, if for no other reason than he couldn't find out where he acquired it from and didn't want to be holding it should someone be able to track it down to him. But these? These were rare, one-of-a-kind unique gems that had a name, which meant not only did it have a history, it was easier to track down who the owners were. Now granted, just because it had a name didn't mean that it was going to be easy to figure out where the gem was filched at, but it did make it easier. And all of this trouble was because of his tail. Jitters, frustrated by everything that his tail had swiped and he's not even the kind of person who tries to hoard every last credit, stopped in the middle of the hallway in front of the men's room, and holding it firmly with one hand, started to slap his tail around with the other. As he did so, a couple of soldiers came out of the restroom and gave Jitters a weird look, to which he shouts "What, can't a guy spank his monkey in peace around here?!" Frustrated, Jitters started walking again, for the second time today contemplating whether he wanted to keep the tail after all. The decision to keep it was becoming more and more difficult. Returning back to the Maintenance Room where the boy had been last, Jitters opens the door and sees him in there, staring at the gem in wonder and greed. It was at that point that Jitters realized that this was going to be like taking candy from a baby. Not metaphorically speaking, but in the literal sense of trying to take candy from a baby. Jitters remembers well how hard that is, as he had to do that when he got stuck babysitting his cousin when his cousin was just a toddler. Their grips are way stronger than what you would imagine for someone so small and young, especially when they were clinging onto something they desperately wanted for dear life. And like taking candy from a baby, you knew you weren't going to feel good about it, but it had to be done, or at least tried.

Jitters tried to reason with the child, offering him every last credit he owned, saying that it would transfer easier and safer than the gem would as the gem would come with all sorts of questions. It was at that point that the boy realized that the gem was worth way more than what Jitters was trying to offer and was suspicious that Jitters was trying to cheat him out of his money. Jitters told him yes it was worth way more than he had expected, revealing how much the one would go for at 1.2 million credits, 1.3 however for him because of his renowned hero status, but tried to explain he wanted the gem back not because he wanted to try and sell it for more as a set, but try and figure out where it came from and return it. But the child refused to give up the gem, especially now that he knew what Jitters wanted to do with it, explaining to him that he wanted to use the money to get himself a power armor suit and upgrade it. Dejectedly, Jitters left the Maintenance Room with only the gem he went in there with, asking the boy not to do anything with it just yet.

He went back to the cafeteria, first thinking to go talk with Cantrell, but decided not to because he didn't want to upset her anymore with what he's done, changed his mind and asked Jude to talk to him in private. Once the two of them were alone, Jitters laid out the whole situation to Jude about the his tail, what it's accumulated, and what the gems were worth, finishing with "I'm not wanting to cheat the kid out of his money, and if this was a precious but unnamed gem, I never would have asked for it back, Jude. But it has a name, sir, which means that chances are someone is missing it, and I don't know who, but I am afraid they will get violently upset about it being missing and if they track it back to the kid what they might do to him. I mean, I get it. He sees the gem as a means to follow his dreams and pilot a power armor suit or a robot vehicle, but it's not like I got one in my back pocket that I can give to him!"
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max sniffs at Flint. "Say, old new guy. That a new aftershave you're wearing? What's the name of the brand? Oh, that's right. Sadie. Heh." Max chuckles at his own joke. "Seriously, though. I thought we were going to have statues of us raised in Gloom, and now we're back at the castle eating mess with the rest. Also, Lumkiss got promoted? Really? I'm still putzing around at the same rank, and I did a year in a living hell while Lumkiss sat on his rusty dusty playing with community outreach teams." Max shrugs and continues shoveling eggs into his mouth. "Hope nobody's riding with me in Nadine. Eggs do a number on me." He grins and continues on with breakfast. Magicore. We're gonna need more guns.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jude gave Sono Klause a sympathetic smile. “You still have your uncle, then,” he said. “That is good. And I would imagine there is a place for you here in the Legion when you are older. For now, be open to learning all you can from your uncle and your fae side of the family. What is this Brethan Tiger, though?”
Common Knowledge on Brethan Tiger 4 Success
CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
K. Politics on Brethan Tiger 9 Raise
Politics [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Jude looked up when Jitters returned and asked to speak with him in private. Giving Sono a nod and a smile, Jude stood and followed the quickflex. “What’s up, Jit?”

Jude listened a bit and frowned. “You really need to do something about that tail,” he said, looking at the appendage. “I don’t mean, like, cut it off or anything. That might be painful. But why don’t we see about tying it down in your armor or something? Keep it around your waist? You don’t want a hole in your armor for plasma to get through, anyway, and I don’t want to see you wearing your armor bottoms down at your knees to make room for it.” He grinned at Jitters, but then grew more serious.

“Let’s go talk with Alex.”

They found the boy again. Jude tried to explain the situation. “We should try and do the right thing by these stones,” he said. “Ask around. Find out where they came from.” He gave Jitters a bit of a glare. “If nothing turns up, we’ve done our due diligence and can rest easy on the credits. You’re a good kid. I know if you didn’t at least try, it would eat you up inside. What would Bronze want you to do?”

Jude smiled. “Tell you what. While we take care of the gems, why don’t you start asking around. See if you can’t find some beat up piece of shit power armor you think you can fix up. Let me know, and I’ll try and talk to the guy. We’ll see if we can’t work out a payment plan or something, put it on layaway or whatever. That way we can get you some armor to practice in. You can start saving up. I might even loan you some credits. We’ll see how much it is.”
Persuasion 18 3 Raises
Persuasion [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Conditions
Necklace: 15/15 PPE
Bennies: 9/6
Adventure Cards:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Once More with Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”