Combat Posts

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Combat Posts

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

General guidelines for posting in combat. If any players or GMs have a suggestion please put it in the OCC forum chat or pm me.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Combat Posts

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

"Speech"
Narrative
Thought

"Speech in other languages"
[Language] Translation [/Language]

"Radio"
I haven't used it, but I like this for telepathy

[OOC: OOC Comments] or (( for OCC comments ))

For success or failure you can color green for success or red for failure
Maximilian wrote: [dice]4590:1[/dice]
[dice]4590:0[/dice]
Thank you to Lucretia and the 13th for putting this together.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Combat Posts

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Free Rolls
Once a new initiative starts if in the narrative post you can start with a couple free rolls. These rolls will just help me inform you more about the scene as it unfolds. The rolls get your wild die of course, and if you really want to Benny it you can but critical faulures do apply. Generally these rolls will not cost you any mulitaction penalties, unless you are really focusing in on the skill being used. I will give an example of each on how it will cost an action. Don't forget to add any modifiers from hindrances or edges, or HJ tables.

1) Notice
-Would cost an action if you are really searching a room for clues, or maybe looking down the barrel of a sniper scope trying to find a hidden enemy. Just looking around to see what is happening is free. If you want to narrate specifically what you are looking for that is even better.
2) Common knowledge: Smarts
-Free because you either know about a place or not. Now if you are reading through the world guide by Erin Tarin sure that would take you an action. If you want to narrate what exactly you are trying to know even better. Just remember knowledge of monsters is a kn:survival, sometimes Arcana if appropriate.
3) Other knowledge skills:
-Any relevant knowledge skill should be free, unless you are using a library's resource for a bonus, or maybe your knowledge science has a trapping of I have a pad with physic books and chemistry books that lets me know about science. While it might give you a bonus, it would take an action to access it. If the knowledge in in your head you know it and so free. Just narrate a bit on what you are trying to know.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”