Social Conflict at Silver Bridge Tactical disscussion

Now stop nagging me.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Social Conflict at Silver Bridge Tactical disscussion

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Players have initiated two separate social conflicts. Generally the conflict will last 3 rounds.
Rules of engagement
-Persuasion roll or applicable knowledge roll
-Multiple Persuasion rolls in one scene: There is one lead, and then the rest are cooperative rolls.
-Even if you are not involved with the persuasion roll, you can act and impact the outcome. ( I would treat each success and raise as a cooperative roll)

Results of Round 1:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:[color=#FFFF40
Round 1 social conflict:
CS Grunt persuasion
[dice]5111:1[/dice]
Bane: 13+2 ( Disguise spell)=15
Result: TL +3 successes
CS:0
TL:3

Round 1 of social conflict:
CS Major Persuasion ( Major has charismatic)
[dice]5111:0[/dice]
Ace [dice]5111:2[/dice]
Ace [dice]5111:3[/dice]
Total: 20
Lucretia: 9 +2 ( good idea)+3 (Cantrell), +4 (Jude )=18
Result: CS +1 success
CS: 1
TL:0
The order goes Lucretia, Cantrell , Jude [ results chosen by high card draw]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Social Conflict at Silver Bridge Tactical disscussion

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Couple question--can Libertas see the woman who is turning, and how far away from the truck is she?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Yes he can because everyone except for the cs major, the sister, and Lucretia(probably) backed away. So it is obvious. As for how far away, it would be plot appropriate short range, so within your normal movement. Although keep in mind prone does give a bonus to cover vs ranged attacks, so if Libertas was going to toss a bolt at her he would need to move closer to negate the cover bonus she is getting from being prone.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Oh, bloody hell--my last post had a major error. Libertas does not have the ability to stop the transformation--if Bane were still at the bridge, he could've, but as it is, he doesn't have anyone who could pull off the spell here. (I'd mistakenly thought Banish was on the TW spell list.) May I edit it so as not to completely screw things over for the rest of the scene?
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Yeah go ahead.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Oh, bloody hell--my last post had a major error. Libertas does not have the ability to stop the transformation--if Bane were still at the bridge, he could've, but as it is, he doesn't have anyone who could pull off the spell here. (I'd mistakenly thought Banish was on the TW spell list.) May I edit it so as not to completely screw things over for the rest of the scene?
As it is right now, Bane is pretty much out of PPE.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Bane wrote:
Libertas Magicum wrote:Oh, bloody hell--my last post had a major error. Libertas does not have the ability to stop the transformation--if Bane were still at the bridge, he could've, but as it is, he doesn't have anyone who could pull off the spell here. (I'd mistakenly thought Banish was on the TW spell list.) May I edit it so as not to completely screw things over for the rest of the scene?
As it is right now, Bane is pretty much out of PPE.
Yeah, but one of the options he got would've still made it possible.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Also if Savage allows the same thing as Palladium it would have been possible for Libertas to allow bane to use some of his PPE. It's stated as something not commonly done outside of rituals but most core spell casters in Palladium can siphon up to 70% of the PPE from a willing individual.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Kesslan wrote:Also if Savage allows the same thing as Palladium it would have been possible for Libertas to allow bane to use some of his PPE. It's stated as something not commonly done outside of rituals but most core spell casters in Palladium can siphon up to 70% of the PPE from a willing individual.
In this case, it would've been possible for Bane to use a Dispel Device (created with Arcane Machinist) to cast Exalted Dispel, since he has Master of Magic. Since the device would've been built with 10 PPE of its own, no worries there. If anything else, this has firmed up Lib's determination to get MoM as soon as he qualifies (Seasoned, unfortunately), so that he can do it all himself.... Yeah, that won't have any negative ramifications later on, I'm sure. ;)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Ah.

In other news, I'm not sure if I can add to what Bane is trying to do. Or if I should even dare try since Dogboys are -2 to charisma stuff outside of other dogboys and I'm pretty sure my character isn't exactly that charismatic?
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hey Kesslan,

You do not have to do a persuasion roll. If you can think of something else to help Bane do it and roll the skill that most resembles what you are doing. Each success will add a plus 1 to the main persons roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

I think that should help nicely....
I bring the fire
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

OK.... so I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I understand everything happening at the bridge correctly.
  • The woman is turning, and others are dead or wounded and may turn as well. Does anyone know (IC) how long that process takes?
  • We are in social conflict, using cooperative rolls. Lucretia was the cooperative lead in round 1, we are now in round two and Cantrell is currently the lead.
  • The social conflict rules are pretty straight forward, but I'm not sure how it's being applied here? Clearly the CS vs. us, but who are we trying to convince, and what what are we trying to convince them of? What happens if we win, and what happens if we lose?
Is there anything significant I have missed, or anything incorrect?
The biggest thing I am unsure of is that third bullet point. I'm just not sure how the mechanics are being mapped onto the situation.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The rules for how long someone turns after being bit by a wild vampire from what I read do not specify an exact time, but probably a round or 2 at the most. For this it is 3 rounds.

- social conflict was the best way I could handle everyone throwing out persuasion rolls when the CS showed up, but you accurately described where we are in it.

-I would rather not tell you out of character whom you are trying to convince as it will become obvious afterwards. But I will say from the actions taken at the bridge so far you are trying to convince the CS to track down the master camp in the wrong direction. You are also maybe trying to convince the towns people you are better prepared than the CS. Amongst the townspeople is the mayor. In a way you are trying to convince the CS and townspeople.
-the tracking party is trying to convince the CS to leave them alone.

Win/lose possibilities based on rping
-win the CS will do what you are telling them to do
Win-town will be more apt to help you
-Loose cs may gain a foot hold in this town.

Hope that clears some of it up.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Ah, I see. Yes, that does clarify quite a bit, thanks. I'll have an IC post up shortly.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

sorry for posting on this, but from my slightly hazy memory of the Vampire Kingdoms book, it does take a little bit of time for somebody to turn in Rifts and it wouldn't be that quick.

I may be wrong, it has been a while since I've read the book and it's currently in a box somewhere in the garage
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

It appears to be a bit more instantaneous and perhaps savage in savage rifts. Once a target is capacitated by a vamps bite, the vamp can either choose to make them a thrall or attempt to turn them. A few rolls are made, and bam you have a chance to become a wild vampire.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

For that matter, we don't know when exactly she was bitten. We came into an ongoing situation, so the 'countdown' could have started anytime prior to our arrival.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

And, just for kickers--if she was bitten by the Master Vampire, we literally have no rules at all for that transformation in Savage Rifts--they might be able to "fast turn" in comparison to the Wild Vamp's bite. As a GMC, Soldad could even have that as a unique, special ability.

(Also, as this is a Social Conflict, 'rounds' here are probably not as tight as combat rounds--it's akin to the Chase rules, where a 'round' is 'as long as it takes everyone to do something reasonable'.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tracking Party clarification( hopefully this can clear up any confusion)- Bane, Kesslan, Maximilian
Goal: get the CS soldiers away from you. Tou are trying to convince the CS soldiers. You have essentially won, you jst need to decide to save them.
- The scent you were following travelled fairly close to the river
-you are about 15 minutes North along the river away from the fallen bridge
- Layline is about 3 hours away continuing North along the river, once you followed the river North arround a bend and some rapids it became visible...
-It is not interfering with the dog boys psychic sense, more like the target being followed is being obscured by it.
-Notice is at -4 to see the hulking giant squid/octupus thing below the rivers waters
-Dog boys, success on Notice senses the creature as supernatural, the raidating evilness of the creature is utterly terrifying, fear check at -4
-survival at -4, or kn arcana -4 to know that you are dealing with a Maelstrom-Maker
- once you notice it, know what it is, detect arcana it, or go underwater fear check at -4

Fallen Bridge Party clarification- Lucretia, Libertas, Jude, Cantrell, Markus
Goal: Have the CS soldiers go down stream to the Fall off in search of Soldad, and let you take care of the villagers. Still closely contested.
-Bronze( GB) and the town mayor are the people you are trying to convince
-common knowledge check to know more about Bronze
-Notice at -2 his boom gun is not functioning, two repair rolls -4 for the gun itself, -2 for the ammo feed ( you need mechanic tools, and parts)
- Bridge is about a mile to the town center
-4 rounds for Lucretia to make it to the drop off, the water does have an acceleration of 6 up to a speed of 18.
-there is a tomorrow legion presence in the town some where( as stated before, I believe Ms Dee made mention of this)
-The mega detect arcana will reveal what is special about the babies. Imbeleive Kesslan and Maximilian already determined they were magical, i.e have an arcane background

I have noticed only a few people are making notice rolls each round, during the social conflict, don't forget to include the roll. Even if you are not going to add to the scene and help the persuation rolls, might as well put in something and make a roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Just a quick question to make sure my mental map is correct - the tracking party went north and the river flows southward, right? So Lucretia is being swept away from the fight, not towards it.

Also, point of clarification for the other town-part team members: Lucretia is not in her armor and is not carrying her survival pack, which also means she doesn't have either of her radios. She was caught totally off-guard by all this.

BTW, I noticed that someone (from this team, I believe) posted a question about dog boy psi-sense on the PEG forums, so hopefully we'll have an official answer on how it works soon.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

I have never even heard of a Maelstrom-Maker. That something specific to the Savage system?

Also how in the hell did this town not get totally wiped with all these big baddies around? O.o

Also looked at the hypersensitivity to leyline thing again. If it's 3 hours away, how is the master vampire being obscured by it? Dog Boys only suffer penalties within 2-4 yards
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-Coalition navy book for the maker.
- As for the towns survival, you can ask Bronze that question, but really it was just Lady Luck smiling down at the town that the 13th arrived when they did.
-pg 60 of the tomorrow legion in th psi-stalker description has some more info about what interferes with psychic sense.
- lucretia is traveling south away from danger, but to the water fall which could be another danger. Markus i beleived picked you up in his hover cycle so it is not really a danger.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Kesslan wrote:Also how in the hell did this town not get totally wiped with all these big baddies around? O.o
Magic Babies? Really, they all might be relative newcomers to the area, especially if a rift opened in the river. It may be that the town has never been attacked this much before.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

While I am trying to be more transparent so that we are on the same page (if anyone listens to the savage worlds gm hangouts, the Ron Blessing method) I would like to keep somethings close to the vest until you guys do a bit investigation. I am pretty sure you will have some good down time after the social conflict to rest, and talk to towns folk, and meet the other legion community outreach team.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

I'm hoping that "Reveals self as a vile spellcaster to the CS team" is good enough for an Epic Fail on the Notice roll; I might have just given Jude a complication (typically -2) on his own roll.

Seriously, a crit fail on a Notice check? :P
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I like it +1 bennie to Libertas. Jude will indeed have a minus 2 to his persuasion roll.
-Since we are close to a bennie refresh, you can add it in when we exit social conflict.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:-Coalition navy book for the maker.
Man. I totally forgot about those. Then again I haven't touched CS Navy in years.
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Well if you want to be the first savage sea witch now is your chance, just dive in. :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Yeeeaaa... how about no I just set it on fire while it's still in the water! :P
I bring the fire
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Guess I should've put the question in here instead. Pender, what's the word on whether Max might have taken some rope/cord out of his survival pack with him? I know I didn't specify that I carried the entirety of my equipment loadout, but is it reasonable for him to have carried it, or am I out of luck? I'm fine deferring to whatever ruling you make. Just running options in my head and not sure how specific I need to be.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sounds fine. Remember though it takes an action to ready it.
-Edited the clarification to include that the tracking party has essentially won, but need to decide to save the CS soldiers or not. Still is closely contested at the fallen bridge so Jude will need to make a persuasion roll, at a -2(so just a +6) to convice the cs, bronze, and the mayor (Plus any bonuses others give to him).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"just" a +6. Heh.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:Guess I should've put the question in here instead. Pender, what's the word on whether Max might have taken some rope/cord out of his survival pack with him? I know I didn't specify that I carried the entirety of my equipment loadout, but is it reasonable for him to have carried it, or am I out of luck? I'm fine deferring to whatever ruling you make. Just running options in my head and not sure how specific I need to be.
Yeah thats fine. If you want to note on your character sheet a standard gear loadout you bring with you when not in the Titan that would be awesome. Be mindful of encumbrance, which is 30lbs for a str d6. I beleive there is an edge called scavanger that allows this kind of on the fly ah ha I got the right things for this situation.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Yeah thats fine. If you want to note on your character sheet a standard gear loadout you bring with you when not in the Titan that would be awesome. Be mindful of encumbrance, which is 30lbs for a str d6. I beleive there is an edge called scavanger that allows this kind of on the fly ah ha I got the right things for this situation.
I will change that ASAP. I aim to travel light, but a few of the items out of there will be helpful in random situations.
Posting an action now.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Maximilian wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Yeah thats fine. If you want to note on your character sheet a standard gear loadout you bring with you when not in the Titan that would be awesome. Be mindful of encumbrance, which is 30lbs for a str d6. I beleive there is an edge called scavanger that allows this kind of on the fly ah ha I got the right things for this situation.
I will change that ASAP. I aim to travel light, but a few of the items out of there will be helpful in random situations.
Posting an action now.
PM'd you about a fear check at -4.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

BTW that fear check at -4 is one of those things I think is kind of out there so early on. Though it's part of why I hoarded so many bennies. If I understand the system correctly to beat a fear check at -4 you'd need a 8+ on your spirit dice roll. On top of that the penalty is added to the fright table roll meaning the minimum possible result in this case is Shaken (Roll of 1-4) and on a roll of 17+ on a d20 your character suffers a heart attack. On a 13+ you get a permanent -1 charisma, on a 9+ you get a permanent phobia.

That's a pretty serious thing to be throwing at players in a brand new game that in at least some cases are only novice level. Especially since the heart attack then requires a vigor check at -2 or the character dies.

To match that in combat you need a minimum of 3 wounds and then you only die right away if you roll a 1 on the vigor check. If you fail but roll more than a 1 you wind up with a permanent injury and are still bleeding to death. If you roll a 4+ you're injured but eventually all your wounds heal and you recover. That makes the Fear table much more deadly from what I can tell.

Meanwhile, yes the creature in Rifts Navy has a high HF of 16, but keep in mind that A) Failure only costs you an action, B) Almost every PC will have bonuses to save vs Horror Factor and some are completely immune and never need to make a HF check.

So, taking all the above into account, and Max having the fairly average spirit value of d6, he'd have to roll a 6 and a minimum of 2 on an ace dice or have a benny to spend on the roll so he gets Elan for the +2.
I bring the fire
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Hey Max, I don't think MAP applies to the run die; it's not a trait roll (so no wild die or aces, either).
Kesslan wrote:If I understand the system correctly to beat a fear check at -4 you'd need a 8+ on your spirit dice roll. So you'll fail on anything lower than a 12.
Er, I think you're double-counting the penalty maybe? Isn't a 4 still a success, so any roll of 8+ is a success, not 12?
I mean, still not great odds... even with a benny for extra effort most characters are looking at a 50-75% success rate, barring Brave or Elan (which is starting to look like a REALLY good edge).

As a note, extra effort is always a better option than re-rolling if your trait is d6 or less (and still triggers Elan).
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lucretia wrote:Hey Max, I don't think MAP applies to the run die; it's not a trait roll (so no wild die or aces, either).
This is one of those "edition" things. It used to be that the Run Die was given the MAP penalty, but had a minimum value of +1" anyway, but the current SWD doesn't seem to have that rule; rather, running just counts as an action for other actions suffering the MAP.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Lucretia wrote:Hey Max, I don't think MAP applies to the run die; it's not a trait roll (so no wild die or aces, either).
Kesslan wrote:If I understand the system correctly to beat a fear check at -4 you'd need a 8+ on your spirit dice roll. So you'll fail on anything lower than a 12.
Er, I think you're double-counting the penalty maybe? Isn't a 4 still a success, so any roll of 8+ is a success, not 12?
I mean, still not great odds... even with a benny for extra effort most characters are looking at a 50-75% success rate, barring Brave or Elan (which is starting to look like a REALLY good edge).

As a note, extra effort is always a better option than re-rolling if your trait is d6 or less (and still triggers Elan).

I was which is why I edited the post shortly after making it.

As to the running not getting the wild die obviously that's something I"m getting confused on. I thought that fell under 'traits' same as skill checks.

But yes, this sort of thing is why I'm happy I got Elan as part of my adventure rolls and extra happy I picked up Brave for my advance since it provides +2 on fear checks. If nothing else it should help prevent the possibility of a 21+ result, though the fear table itself on the whole is pretty damn nasty.
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:BTW that fear check at -4 is one of those things I think is kind of out there so early on. Though it's part of why I hoarded so many bennies. If I understand the system correctly to beat a fear check at -4 you'd need a 8+ on your spirit dice roll. On top of that the penalty is added to the fright table roll meaning the minimum possible result in this case is Shaken (Roll of 1-4) and on a roll of 17+ on a d20 your character suffers a heart attack. On a 13+ you get a permanent -1 charisma, on a 9+ you get a permanent phobia.

That's a pretty serious thing to be throwing at players in a brand new game that in at least some cases are only novice level. Especially since the heart attack then requires a vigor check at -2 or the character dies.

To match that in combat you need a minimum of 3 wounds and then you only die right away if you roll a 1 on the vigor check. If you fail but roll more than a 1 you wind up with a permanent injury and are still bleeding to death. If you roll a 4+ you're injured but eventually all your wounds heal and you recover. That makes the Fear table much more deadly from what I can tell.

Meanwhile, yes the creature in Rifts Navy has a high HF of 16, but keep in mind that A) Failure only costs you an action, B) Almost every PC will have bonuses to save vs Horror Factor and some are completely immune and never need to make a HF check.

So, taking all the above into account, and Max having the fairly average spirit value of d6, he'd have to roll a 6 and a minimum of 2 on an ace dice or have a benny to spend on the roll so he gets Elan for the +2.
I get what you are saying, but each and everyone of you are super heroes, legendary characters in any other setting. I realize it says novice or seasoned for your rank, but is a savage rifts player character really a novice? You guys are front loaded with so many abilities wouldn't it be a disservice to you and your characters if I put you up against anything less? The challenges may seem daunting but I want you to succeed and so build them accordingly. Kesslan setting fire to a tentacle was a brillant move, bane's disguise is still in effect and so will help influence the outcome most likely in the players favor. Max was being his overconfidant self( he got a benny for playing his hindrence knowing full well a success meant a fear check). I get what you are saying not bringing in too much, thats why it snagged the CS and not you, and I did not inlude anything else. But if this really is something you guys are not comfortable with let me know now, and I will see what can be done about it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

To be honest, I'm too new to the system to really evaluate relative difficulty. I can calculate probabilities of discrete events easily enough, but figuring out what is an appropriately challenging encounter? No clue. ;)
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Pfft! Max can handle this thing! I just need to launch some...missiles...fudge.
Nah, I'll be fine. Elan is one of those edges that I try to pick up for any character I run. It's incredibly useful. I'll be throwing down a benny on the fear check anyway. Speaking of, when do we refresh our bennies? I'm fuzzy on that.
I'm not worried about facing more than we can handle. First and foremost, Max can handle anything while he's in his robot armor...FUDGE! But seriously, if this thing eats the CS, our problem is solved anyway, and we can go on our merry way without having to worry about these guys reporting the devil man and 2 stray dog boys.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

See? Cakewalk!
:shock:
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bennies refresh after social conflict... basically I think Jude needs to post, and the bennies will refresh at that point.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Sounds fine. Remember though it takes an action to ready it.
-Edited the clarification to include that the tracking party has essentially won, but need to decide to save the CS soldiers or not. Still is closely contested at the fallen bridge so Jude will need to make a persuasion roll, at a -2(so just a +6) to convice the cs, bronze, and the mayor (Plus any bonuses others give to him).
Forgot that -2 to my roll, so take it off (though Jude was at +2 from the Test of Wills). Still should be plenty successful.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

24 Persuasion. That's... impressive, even beyond the bonuses. I think Jude is being smiled upon.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Yeah. He's doing what he was built to do LOL
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Well, someone has to be able to clean up the messes the rest of us make. :lol:

Seriously though, "Face" is oft relegated to the same category as "Healer" - always really good to have one in the party, but people usually want to play something else.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

My default tends to be support characters, healers and faces. Next character in line is a Mystic and then Cyberknight. I tend to like clerics and paladins, too LOL

Hopefully Jude can also be a bit helpful in combat, too. He wasn't really needed this time, though.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “Adventure Archive”