Silver Bluff- The final showdown

Now stop nagging me.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Silver Bluff- The final showdown

Post by Maximilian »

Max listens to the rundown of the Black Company personnel. "Hate to see other dog boys brought up wrong. Sure, I worked for credits. But killing kids...that's not right. No matter the price. And these mutts killed one of their own because he was protecting some kids?"
Max growls, visibly angry at the thought. "Maybe they should've listened to their buddy before they killed him. NO. MERCY. Even if they surrender, there's no guarantee that some...accident...doesn't happen on the way back to Castle Refuge. Serves 'em right for running out in front of Nadine."
Max takes a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He replies to Zieja. "I think I was born in Lone Star, but I got smuggled out early on. Black Market five-finger job for a few of us, pick up some psi-sensitives so they could train us to be good boys from the start. I showed a lot more aptitude for the wheel than I did moving things with my brain or whatever, so I started out as crew in an old Forager. Some slick moves got me my own beat up Hunter. Parlayed that into Nadine, and the rest is history." He pauses, checking a HUD readout, and continues. "What's your story? Sounds like you're familiar with Lone Star. Made some bones down there?"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

Maximilian wrote:"What's your story? Sounds like you're familiar with Lone Star. Made some bones down there?"
Looking out the front window of Nadine, Zieja contemplates her future. Will she trust this new team? For some reason she does trust Max so far. Maybe from having worked with so many CS Dog Boys in her past. They were trust-able, genetically created to be trust-able. Genetically created, like her. Mentally shrugging Z decides, its just her and Max in the Titan so why not.

"Max, I grew up in Lone Star, have you heard of..."

I can't! Not even a Dog Boy. I can't let anyone know about ...

"uh, sorry, I worked in Lone Star. Spent a stint being a CS Commando. Didn't sit right with me. Here now."

Zieja glances sideways at Max. "Nadine is sweet. Like being in an Enforcer."

Glad that Max does not look, suspicious of her, Z continues, "So, um, Cantrell dating anyone in this group? Like that pretty boy or Markus? Just...just making small talk. You know. All the boys on this team seem to be smitten with her."
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Notice 6
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Cantrell wrote:"I hope your act of mercy doesn't come back to haunt us. We'll all be paying the price for allowing that thing to live."
"Certain powerful, ancient dragons have the ability to project a shadow version of themselves, and when the spiritual essence they invest into their shadow selves is destroyed OR banished, it returns to them. So it didn't actually matter how the beast was defeated, the dragon that created has already recovered its spiritual essence and the knowledge that it had gained. The only difference between blasting to hell with weapons and Banishing it is that it won't be able to re-form it's Shadow Form in this dimension for a year and a day." Bane informed Cantrell over the radio, perturbed at her attitude toward him, especially so publically in front of the team.

Bane alighted on the ground next to the Zone Ranger that pulled up and shook hands with the Legion members that exited it. When he heard about what The Black Company had done, a wild rage coursed through him, his eyes glowing with power, he had missed the whole conversation about Cantrell being promoted over him. He didn't immediately understand why she was taking Lucretia's place as team leader until he saw that Lucretia and Kesslan were preparing to leave out in a different direction than where the rest of the 13th were going. Fear suddenly sparked in his mind, as even though he knew both Markus and Cantrell wouldn't necessarily kill him outright, he couldn't be sure just how dedicated they were to his safety, and with Cantrell being team leader, it meant that she coud send him on the most dangerous assignments if she so chose. Speaking up respectfully and somewhat meekly, but still loud enough to be noticed, Bane asked "In order for the promotion to be made official, wouldn't she have to be either named by the outgoing commander or another commander? I'm just wanting to be thorough is all. Also, who are you wanting to be your second in command?"

After that gets sorted out, Bane goes to Lucretia and quietly bids her farewell, saying "I hope I will live long enough for us to meet again, stay safe ma'am." Realzing that his time could be cut short, and therefore his mission as well, he writes a short coded message for the Lords of Dweomer.
To the Three Lords of Dweomer
Your Excellancies,

A few weeks ago you had sent me to Castle Refuge to join the Tommorow Legion and observe and report on them to determine whether they would be worthy allies in our fight against the Federation of Magic. While I have not had the opportunity to observe the entirity of the organization, I fear my mission my be getting cut unnaturally short as my team is being tasked with hunting down the remaining special operative team for the mercenary group known as The Black Company after they had murdered a member of the Legion and slaughtered numerous innocent men, women, and children.

The organization overall is very open and welcoming to almost all creatures, which is both good and bad. It's good in that the leadership is non-discriminatory to virtually everyone, but it's bad as well as that means that people walk in with whatever prejudices that they had. However, it seems that people with extreme prejudices would find it difficult to advance far in the Legion. Overall, I would reccomend extending more formal, but cautious, alliance with the Tomorrow Legion.
Bane then hands the message to Elrond and asks him to courier the message to Dweomer for him.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max nods at Zieja. "Yeah, I've heard of Lone Star. I assume that's where I was born. Heard some other bits and pieces, but there's no way to tell what's real and what's hearsay. I imagine you might even have a better idea if you were CS Lone Star. Something about a skunkworks facility? Most of the dog boys came out of there. I don't know. I mean, I'm glad to be out here running around with Nadine, but sometimes I wonder if there isn't enough unnatural insanity in this world without having to play genetics with dogs. Eh. Can't change it right now. Another fight for another day, I guess."

He trails off a little, lost in a moment of thought, but jars back to reality.

"Cantrell? She and Jude have some history, but I don't know how far they...you know...YOU know..." Max nudges at Zieja, hoping she knew. "She gives him the business about his appetites. But I don't think that's a thing. Markus...Markus would probably be on her in a second just for the fact that she's human and unmodified. But no, I think he's too focused on missing the NGR to bother. Poor Libertas, I think he'd drop his gadgets if she winked at him just right. Sweet kid, but I get the impression he doesn't really play much of the field. Honestly, I'm not sure how Bane gets down. And me...I've been chasing this pointer in the infirmary at Castle Refuge. Sometimes I think about 'accidentally' injuring myself to spend some time there so she can take care of me, but I can't leave my SET out here alone. So, right now, Nadine is the only girl for me."

Max stops, glances at Zieja, and blurts out. "Why? You interested in her? Or is Jude more your speed? He might not be, but he's sure gonna try. You're a warm body, so you're just his type. HA!" Max lets out a belly laugh at his hilarious joke, then reaches for a canteen.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

Maximilian wrote:Max stops, glances at Zieja, and blurts out. "Why? You interested in her? Or is Jude more your speed? He might not be, but he's sure gonna try. You're a warm body, so you're just his type. HA!" Max lets out a belly laugh at his hilarious joke, then reaches for a canteen.
Looking out the front window Z blushes. Taking a deep breath she steels her nerves. Looking over at Max she evenly states, "If I were to seek out a partner, yes I'd pick Cantrell before Jude. However, I am just looking. Not seriously looking, just for fun looking. Just met her. She might be nice or she might be, uh, not nice. Whatever. Just wondered. Ha, let Jude try, I can play the game but he won't win with me."

Smiling Zieja continues, "I just thought Cantrell was cute. But probably best if I never tell her as we are on the same SET. Glad to hear you have a friend back at the Castle. Someone to think about while out here. Anyway, thanks for showing me how to use the laser. Hopefully I will be an asset to you guys."

A moment later she says, "I'll miss Lone Star. At this point best if I avoid the place thou."

Z goes about field stripping the CS Rifle she took off Shadow Sniper and cleans it.

"At some point I should properly say hi to the rest of the team, meet Libertas, Markus and Bane. Maybe tonight when we make camp."
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Bane wrote:"Certain powerful, ancient dragons have the ability to project a shadow version of themselves, and when the spiritual essence they invest into their shadow selves is destroyed OR banished, it returns to them. So it didn't actually matter how the beast was defeated, the dragon that created has already recovered its spiritual essence and the knowledge that it had gained. The only difference between blasting to hell with weapons and Banishing it is that it won't be able to re-form it's Shadow Form in this dimension for a year and a day." Bane informed Cantrell over the radio, perturbed at her attitude toward him, especially so publically in front of the team.

Bane alighted on the ground next to the Zone Ranger that pulled up and shook hands with the Legion members that exited it. When he heard about what The Black Company had done, a wild rage coursed through him, his eyes glowing with power, he had missed the whole conversation about Cantrell being promoted over him. He didn't immediately understand why she was taking Lucretia's place as team leader until he saw that Lucretia and Kesslan were preparing to leave out in a different direction than where the rest of the 13th were going. Fear suddenly sparked in his mind, as even though he knew both Markus and Cantrell wouldn't necessarily kill him outright, he couldn't be sure just how dedicated they were to his safety, and with Cantrell being team leader, it meant that she coud send him on the most dangerous assignments if she so chose. Speaking up respectfully and somewhat meekly, but still loud enough to be noticed, Bane asked "In order for the promotion to be made official, wouldn't she have to be either named by the outgoing commander or another commander? I'm just wanting to be thorough is all. Also, who are you wanting to be your second in command?"
Cantrell curses silently into her helmet.

Bane's explanation was ... perfectly reasonable, but she'd let ignorance and old prejudices lead her to a different conclusion. The memory of the little D'norr girl with the piercing blue eyes rose unbidden. What had she seen? They were all looking through different eyes here.

Not the best way to start off your new command, Sarge, she thinks. But better to set the tone now.

She toggles her commlink to broadcast to the full SET.

<<My apologies, Bane. As you can imagine, the education provided by my former employers was ... less than robust when it comes to matters of the arcane. But that's no excuse for jumping to conclusions or doubting your commitment to our goals. I will try to avoid the making the same mistake again. As for appointing a second-in-command, I had hoped you would stay on. I think it's clear that I could benefit from your counsel.>>

She pokes her head out of the side hatch of the Zone Ranger to perform a quick visual check, then taps the driver on the shoulder.

<<If everyone is loaded up, let's get back to Silver Bluff. We've got a good five or six hours til sunrise, so you can pack, nap or take care of any unfinished business. We'll see if Durbin can cook us up a breakfast to go. I want to be on the road to Gloom before the roosters stop crowing.>>
Repair 5 Success to help Markus
Once back in Silver Bluff, Cantrell will help Markus install the rail-gun on his hovercycle, to see if they can't get it done in a few hours.
Repair [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

When Bane mentions "In order for the promotion to be made official, wouldn't she have to be either named by the outgoing commander or another commander?" Markus let out a chuckle.
"Yeah, I bet you are always very concerned for the protocol."
---
While fitting the Mini Rail Gun to his Hoverbike, when alone, Markus will make "small talk" to Cantrell in private.
"I am glad you are in command. I have never been really comfortable with those... creatures... in charge. There is always one "mystical" reason or another for the way they act, and they way they "let go" the demonic creatures that plague the earth. Our earth. Well, as I said, I am glad you are here to put them in check, and maybe next time we will be able to destroy forever those creatures. You can count on me, mam."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

With Cantrell's help, Markus gets to work.
OOC Comments
Repair Roll: 14 - success and 2 raises
Roll (-2 on the Wild +1 Cantrell): [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Using a Benny to Reroll:
Roll (-2 on the Wild +1 Cantrell +2 Elan): [dice]2[/dice]
Ace!: [dice]3[/dice]
Ace!: [dice]4[/dice]
Markus first seems unable to properly fix the weapon, but with Cantrell's help, and some extra effort on his dear Hoverbike, he manages to make a great work of it.
He smiles widely at Cantrell.
"Fancy a ride around, Sargent? Now the bike is as yours as mine."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection

Return to “Adventure Archive”