Jarle the Jackhammer: Wolfen Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

In this archive lies the much honored characters and concepts that have served us through the first incarnation of Savage Worlds. Never Forgotten!
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Jarle the Jackhammer: Wolfen Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

OOC Comments
Narrative Hook [dice]4[/dice] : Should Old Acquaintances
Fortune and Glory: [dice]0[/dice] : Weapon of Choice
Fortune and Glory: [dice]1[/dice] : +1 die in Agility and Ambidextrous Edge
Fortune and Glory: [dice]2[/dice] : Ignored
Fortune and Glory: [dice]3[/dice] Re-roll of duplicate : Two extra rolls on Hero's Journey
Hero's Journey Experience and Wisdom [dice]5[/dice] : Background Edge: Rich
Hero's Journey Training [dice]6[/dice] : +5 Skill points in Shooting, Throwing, and Fighting
Hero's Journey Armor [dice]7[/dice]: Armor of Choice
Hero's Journey Cybernetics [dice]8[/dice]: Wired Skill Port with 4 die Skill Chip
Hero's Journey Education [dice]9[/dice]: +2 to Common Knowledge, Survival, and Streetwise
Rich and Filthy Rich Rolls
Hero's Journey Cybernetics [dice]10[/dice]: Bionic Strength Augmentation
Hero's Journey Cybernetics [dice]11[/dice]: Ranged Data System
Hero's Journey Ranged Weapons [dice]12[/dice]: JA-11
Hero's Journey Armor [dice]13[/dice]: +1 to Vigor Rolls
Hero's Journey Armor [dice]14[/dice]: Helmet Targeting Package
Credits [dice]15[/dice]=800
Player Name: Mike
Google Handle: mjhusband96
Jarle the ‘Jackhammer’
Race: Wolfen
MARS Package: Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0 (-4 with CS Citizens); Pace: 7 (9) d8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7) MDC; Strain: 16 (20)
Skills:
  • Climbing d4
  • Common Knowledge d4+4 (+6 North America)
  • Driving d4
  • Fighting d12+2
  • Intimidation d4
  • Investigation d6
  • Knowledge Cybernetics d4
  • Notice d8+2
  • Repair d4+4
  • Piloting d4
  • Shooting d12+2
  • Stealth d6
  • Streetwise d6+2 (North America)
  • Survival d6+2 (North America)
  • Swimming d4
  • Throwing d8
  • Tracking d6

Racial Abilities
  • Code of Honor
  • Distinctive D-Bee
  • Natural Weaponry: Sharp teeth and claws Str+d6
  • Non-Standard Physiology (-2 to driving, piloting, and use of vehicular weapons not sized for them)
  • Size: Jarle is 8’3” tall and weighs 405 lbs.

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Elderly
  • Hindrance (Beyond the Limit): Overconfident
  • Hindrance (Minor): Stubborn
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal

Edges
  • Edge: Beyond the Limit
  • Edge: Upgradeable
  • Edge: Rich
  • Edge: Filthy Rich

Cybernetics
Wired Skill Port (3) - Strain: 3
  • Currently has +4 die Fighting Shooting skill chips, one is empty
Subject Matter Expert Port (2) - Strain: 2
  • Both currently empty
Bionic Strength Augmentation (1) - Strain: 1
  • +1 die to Strength
Ranged Data System (1) - Strain: 1
  • Ignore 2 points of penalties for shooting
Built in Vibro-Claws (1) - Strain: 1
  • Right hand has Vibro-Claws
Nano-Repair System (1) - Strain: 2
  • One Wound healed per day, +4 to resist bleeding out, 50% chance to reject poison or disease
Synthetic Organ Replacement (1) - Strain: 1
  • +1 die Vigor
Adrenal Package (1) - Strain: 1
  • +2 to to recover from being shaken
Core Electronics Package (1) - Strain: 1
  • Mini-computer, interface jack +4 Repair and Common Knowledge
  • Radio with 20 mile Range
Optics Package (1) - Strain: 1
  • +2 to sight based notice
  • Thermal imaging, night vision, 50x magnification for distance, 20x macro for close up
  • +2 to avoid blinding flash effects
  • Can record still or moving images
Hand to Hand Reaction Wiring (1) - Strain: 1
  • +2 to Fighting
Cyber-Wired Reflexes (1) - Strain: 1
  • +1 die to Agility

Hero’s Journey
  • See OOC Comments

MARS Fortune & Glory
Fortune and Glory
  • See OOC Comments
Last edited by Jarvis Ursus on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Wolfen Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Background

They were young and on top of the world. They had finally made enough money to get out from under that scumbag Vincent. Vincent was the self-proclaimed ‘King of Ford Heights’ a veritable cesspit even for the ‘Burbs standards. Jarle wasn’t proud of what he and Egil had done for Vincent. It didn’t keep the neighborhood safe; it just lined Vincent’s pockets. But that was over now, they had made enough to pay off Egil’s Crazy implants and his bionic augmentation. They had enough left over to set out on their own and do the right thing. Soon it would be enough to give Julia what she deserved. Sweet Julia, the love of Jarle’s life. They had plans. Plans to settle down and get out of the life. Julia would not be happy with him now…..

The knock woke Jarle from his dream.

Jarle opened the door, embers of his anger starting to catch fire again. Outside stood a young man, kid really, and he had the look of a gunslinger or someone who desperately wanted to be one. The pistols looked well used and cared for, signifying the former. Jarle calmed quickly, the hot anger cooling to icy wariness. Is this guy for real? Did Vincent send him? Not Vincent’s style…but…

“Yes?”

The man stuck out his hand. “My name’s Dean Jaxon. I’m looking for Jarle ‘the Jackhammer’. Looks like I found him.”

Jarle looked at the outstretched hand and thought about crushing it with his bionic one. “What do you want, boy?”

“First, I ain’t no boy. Second, Egil said you’d be what their lookin’ for. Maybe he was wrong. You look like an old dirt farmer.”

Egil the last person on earth Jarl wanted to hear from. If he knew where to find me then Vincent did too. Maybe Vincent didn’t care? “I’m the Jackhammer and if you’re bringin’ trouble, son, you came to the right place but I can tell you, you don’t want what I’m capable of…” Jarle flexed his right wrist and the Impact Hammer module gave off an ultrasonic hum that only he could hear.

Dean lowered his hand and it drifted to one of the pistols he wore low on his hip. “No trouble. Redemption. Somethin’ Egil thought you’d be interested in. He told me to tell you Vincent is dead and nobody cares you’re out here. He said he’s tryin’ to do what’s right workin’ for the Legion. Said you might be interested.”

Jarle raised an eyebrow and pulled the door closed behind him. “You got my attention. Have a seat here on the porch.” Jarle pulled up two chairs and they both sat down. Jarle’s chair groaning under his massive frame.

“It ain’t like it was back in your time. There’s people tryin’ to do right. There’s a whole network called the Tomorrow Legion given the finger to the Coalition and the Federation and anyone else keepin’ folks down. They need people like us…like you. Now more than ever”.

“And why’s that?”

“War might be comin’ again and if it does, it’s going to get ugly soon. Egil said he owed you that much to let you know.”

Jarle had heard this before already. “Well, I appreciate it, but factions have been fightin’ for as I can remember and nothin’s changed. If you see Egil again, tell him… Thanks. If that’s it…” Jarle began to stand up.

“Wait! I know you ran with Egil before he started to lose it. You guys were a force to be reckoned with. The Legion could use somebody like you, a heavy hitter type that knows the ropes. I ain’t like Egil but I can hold my own.” Faster than Jarle could blink, a pistol was in Dean’s hand. It had jumped seemingly on its own accord. Jarle clenched his fist again but Dean had already put six shots into a fence post about thirty yards away.

Jarle relaxed. “That was impressive, I’ll admit. But I’m retired.”

“Egil said you would say that. But I think you have something left especially for the right cause. We are that cause. I intend to fight for what’s right. Protect towns and such. Show that you can’t take advantage of good folk.”

“I didn’t always do the right thing, Dean. I ain’t proud of it either.”

“Yeah, I know. You were a bad ass.”

“I ain’t anymore. Shit, I am a dirt farmer. But let me give you some advice. It’s a hell of a thing, killin’ a man. Take away all he’s got and all he’s ever gone to have.”

“Yeah, well some have it coming.”

“We all have it coming, Dean.”

Jarle stood up and went back inside closing the door behind him.

Later after Dean left, Jarle dozed on the porch the sun turning the ley line on the horizon into a violet glow.

Julia sat at the bar next to him as they made plans to leave Ford Heights the next day. Egil was juggling vibro-blades to the cheers of most patrons leaving them to talk privately. Poor kid didn’t know what he’d gotten himself into with those implants.

‘You’ve seen a lot of death?’

Jarle winced. To anyone else, he would have bragged and boasted, listed the made men he had killed. He couldn’t say why the pride dried up talking to her. Maybe she showed him how he really felt. As things got bloodier, the causes became excuses, as comrades fell, Jarle’s warmongering died within him. He touched the notch in his left ear, an old wound from a stray particle beam. He could have said nothing. But Julia expected an answer.

‘I’ve fought in three all out gang wars. In seven pitched firefights. In countless shake downs and delivering messages punctuated with violence. In desperate defense of my life or others and bloody actions of every kind. I’ve fought in the streets, people’s homes, out in the wilderness with no witnesses, dead of night or broad daylight. I’ve been fighting all my life. I’ve known little else. I’ve seen men killed for a word, for a look, for nothing at all. A woman tried to stab me for killing her husband, and I threw her out of a fourth floor window. And that’s far from the worst of it. Life used to be cheap as dirt to me. Cheaper.

Jarle took a long pull from his beer and continued. ‘I’ve fought and fought and won every fight, but I fought on the wrong side and for all the wrong reasons. I’ve been ruthless, and brutal, and a coward. I’ve stabbed men in the back, burned them, shot them, crushed them with my bare hands, killed them in their sleep, unarmed, or running away. I’ve run myself more than once. I’ve pissed myself with fear. I’ve begged for my life. I’ve been wounded, often, and badly, and screamed and cried like a baby. I’ve no doubt the world would be a better place if I’d been killed, but I haven’t been, and I don’t know why. There are few with more blood on their hands than me. The Jackhammer they call me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ‘em. Always more enemies and fewer friends. Blood gets you nothing but more blood. It follows me now, always like my shadow. I can never be free of it and I should never be free of it. I earned it and I deserve it. I sought it out and it’s my punishment.’

Julia looked at him and said nothing, a look of sorrow and pity on her face. She took Jarle’s hand and leaned her head on his chest.

The door to the bar burst open and the Coalition Death Squad burst in. No one stood a chance. To the Dead Boys everyone was either a criminal or a D-Bee. Julia and Jarle just looked like two runaway dog-boys. Laser fire, blood, Julia screaming......

Do the right thing, Jarle’

Jarle woke with a start and nearly fell out of his chair.

Jarle went to the mantle and grabbed the Thunderer that gave him his name. The weight of the hammer in his hands just felt right. He then went to his room and pulled a large case from the closet. Opening it revealed an arsenal. He checked E-Clips for each weapon and grabbed some spare ones as well.

Jarle knew Dean was probably still in the area and that he could probably find him. He looked out the window to the lone gravestone in the pasture. He gritted his teeth and fought back tears as pain gripped him. “I’m sorry my love, but I can’t change. Maybe this time I can do it for the right reasons.”
Last edited by Jarvis Ursus on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Wolfen Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Gear

NG-EX10 "Gladius" Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
Full Environmental links into cybernetic synthetic organs and core data package and built to Wolfen Frame
+7 MDC Armor, +2 Toughness, D12+2 Strength, +2 Pace, +2 to Shooting, +1 to Vigor checks
d8 Strength Minimum when unpowered
96 hours of use before needing to be recharged, 80lbs

JA-11 Energy Rifle
30/60/120 3d6 ROF 1 AP 2 Shots 60 7 lbs
As an action, switch to ion blast: 12/24/48 1-3d6+1 ROF 1
MD Shot consumes 10 shots and has Snapfire penalty
Integrated Scope Offsets two points of Range/Darkness Penalties

Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
18/36/72 2d6+1 ROF 2 AP 2 Semi-Auto 3RB 24 shots 3 lbs
OOC Comments
Intend to spend 1 EP to get Glitter Boy starting gear
Vibro-Knife Claws
Str+d6 AP 4 Mega Damage
OOC Comments
Built into hand. Purchased with wealth 7700 credits to include surgery
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6 14lbs
Mega Dmage, Uses BigBore Shells that provide the 3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes
OOC Comments
Built into Right Arm
NG-s2 Survival Pack
30lbs

Credits: 1000
OOC Comments
12100 credits spent on Wired Skill Port and 2 Subject Matter Expert Ports to include surgery
Last edited by Jarvis Ursus on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Jarle the Jackhammer: Wolfen Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Smarts Increase, Beyond the Limit
  • Cybernetic Modifications: See Cybernetics
  • Novice 1 Advance: Filthy Rich
  • Novice 2 Advance: Upgrade: Synthetic Organ Replacement
  • Novice 3 Advance: Spirit Increase
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Upgrade: Nano-Repair System
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Spirit Increase
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Jarvis Ursus

Return to “SR (SWD) and Playtest Archive”