View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ] 
 Tome of Destiny Act 2 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
Sula

When you commune with Eir, the answer you normally received about your brother was silence. This time, you received something different.

The vision you received was vivid, that of the Ozark region (an area you recognised having passed briefly through a few years ago), but it was burning. You knew it wasn’t a region that was heavily populated; in fact it was not an area that encouraged people to stay, not when more populous and abundant areas were nearby. You also received brief images of 7 faces; a dragon, three human females, a dogboy, an Altaran (which worried you as you knew they were servants of the Splugorth Slavers) and a D’Norr devilman.

Encouraged by the vision, you hurried to the region. It was a beautiful sunny day, with nary a cloud in the sky as you arrived. Everything seemed peaceful, but that was not to last long.

CRACK, CRACK CRACK
RUMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEE


In the distance, you hear several short sharp cracks and the sound of what you thought might be thunder; which was strange as the sky was clear and the sun shining. On the edge of your hearing, you think you can hear screaming for help.

Rushing to assist, you made your way across the stony plain at high speed, able to close the distance within a few minutes and then up a hill near a larger expanse of rock and soil. As you made your way up, you were greeted with the sight on the horizon a few miles away of a large armoured force; you could make out a large contingent of vehicles, what looked to be a giant spider and a giant robot moving away from your position.

There is the smell of burning and the scent of ozone in the air, whilst the sound of screaming was echoing in your ears from down the other side of the hill; this time obviously screaming for help as smoke rose up. As you ran towards the screaming, you are first able to see a burning truck down below, and a hovercycle embedded into the hill. What remained of the pilot of the hovercycle was splattered over the vehicle and hillside. The vehicle might be recoverable, but that was not something you would be able to do.
As you start to gingerly make your way down the ten metre or so stony hillface, you find yourself facing a man, wearing huntsman armour, sitting against a large rock a few metres away from you. He sees you and lifts his rifle.

“Who are you?” he challenged you, coughing as he held his rifle on you one handed.

OOC Comments
Notice
Success – Just beyond him is where the screaming is coming from and you can see a woman trying to get something from the burning vehicle but to no avail.
Raise – the man holding the gun on you does not look to be in good shape. His left arm is dangling by his side and he is trembling.


What do you want to do?

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Dice Rolls
Notice 1d4 = 2 (2)+2
Wild Die for Notice 1d6 = 5 (5)+2
Persuasion 1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die for Persuasion 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Die for Persuasion Exploded 1d6 = 2 (2)


"I am a healer and your friend needs help!" It's the short answer and she can give a more proper introduction later. She tries to move past him toward the screaming woman to aid in what she assumes is rescuing another person, looking around for a water source as she goes just in case just to note where one is if she can. She has no idea who they are but she isn't going to ignore someone in need.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
The man sighed and nodded, lifting his rifle up to allow him to activate his comms unit.

“Somebody is coming down to help,” he breathed heavily, his breath obviously laboured. “Go on, help them. Not like you are one of them.”

OOC Comments
Knowledge medicine roll
Success will diagnosis that he probably has a punctured lung and broken arm


As you rush down the slope, you are able to see more as you emerge from behind the outcropping. The human woman is trying vainly to reach inside the burning truck for something, but has to withdraw her hand due to the flames.

“I can’t reach it,” she cries out, almost beside herself “is there any elsewhere?”

Another truck lies on its side, riddled with holes, whilst a host of bodies lie scattered around; a mix of human and numerous types of Dbees; only a few of them armed and armoured and not with anything stronger than a rifle. Many of them are lying face down with wounds in their back.

About three people (an old man, a Fennodi and a boy about 14) are moving around trying to see to another seven who are in various states of distress and not all of them conscious.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Rolls
Knowledge Medicine 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)


The man is just tired from whatever they went through, at least that's what she thinks. She notes all of the people being checked but the fire is more immediate if there is a life involved. Since she said it there probably isn't a person inside. But fire + fuel could = explosion and the woman is right next to it. She calls to the woman as soon as she's within earshot.

"What are you trying to get?"

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:40 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
The woman looked around slightly surprised at Sula’s presence. She had a radio on her belt, but a chunk of it was missing.

“Help us please,” She pleaded, her voice cracking slightly as she appeared close to panic, “our medical supplies were in here. We’ve got several wounded and right now, I’m not sure how we’ll save them.”


OOC Comments
remember to put up a new notice roll after every GM post please

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice Roll 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)+2 =7

Environmental Manipulation 1d10+1 = 6 (5) She is trying to push back the flames to create a small pocket that she can reach her hand through.
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 4 (3)


"I am a healer. Let me try." She paused a moment to close her eyes with both hands on her staff. "Eir give me your aid, let the flames pull back!"

She reaches into the vehicle to grab the supplies.
OOC Comments
Let me know if there is any damage from this.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
Sula called upon the Goddess Eir for aid and felt the power flow through her, showing that she remained in the grace of her Goddess.
The flames slowly parted and withdrew around the edge of the small area of the truck, licking hungrily as you reached in to grab some supplies. Much of what was in there has been consumed or badly damaged by the flames, but you are able to extract a small bag of supplies.

“Thank you,” the woman cried, wiping away the tears with soot covered hands as she turned to move over to the others.

From here, you can see that some of the injured appear to be burnt, but at least two of them are currently pressing their hand over either a shoulder or leg wound and another is bleeding profusely from the head. The old man is holding what appears to be a shirt on the head wound, whilst the Fennodi was tearing clothes apart to use as bandages.

The young man was sat atop another rocky outcropping, looking away from the carnage behind him.

“They’re still moving away,” he called to the others.

OOC Comments
Knowledge medicine
Success – the contents of the bag will not be enough for all the people here.
Raise – Even with the bag, some of these people are too badly injured for anything other than a spell or a medical clinic to save.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Rolls
Knowledge Medicine 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Mysticism 1d10+1 = 2 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
Spending 1 Bennie to add a d6 to Mysticism (Wild Dice) Roll as the roll is at -2 so need at least one more to succeed
Bennie Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Bennie Die Exploded 1d6 = 2 (2) Total = 11


Sula looks around and realizes that it would be best to get everyone so they are not at the point of bleeding out before focusing on the worst hurt. She moves to roughly the center of the group. Then, she holds out her staff parallel to the ground.

"Oh Goddess Eir, I beseach thee grant my prayer. Aid these people in their hour of need for you are the true Healer of all, Healing BLAST!"

On the last word she spins her staff and pounds the end into the ground and a nearly blinding heavenly light surrounds them spread out around her.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
When she screamed BLAST, there was a look of panic as everyone looked round at Sula. The Fennodi reached for a pistol at his hip just as the wave of blinding light washed over them.

“What are ya doin lady?” he shouted, pistol pointed at Sula.

“Put that away Clemence,” one of the injured people shouted at the Fennodi, “can’t you see she’s helping.” A middle aged man, with a receding hairline held up a jagged piece of metal. “Her spell forced this out and healed it up.”

The immediate crisis is over, though many of these people will be carrying marks from this encounter for the rest of their lives. At least with Sula's help, they will have lives to look forward to.

“Chase son, any sign of that SAMAS at all?” the middle aged man called out. He attempted to sit up, but grimaced in pain. "Guess I'm still not walking much soon."

“No, he’s gone on ahead Dad," Chase called back

OOC Comments
Remember to deduct the PPE from your total. Between now and the finale, there won't be a lot of time to recharge fully.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
The journey eastward takes another six hours and it is starting to get late, with the light starting to fade. As you enter the Glimmer Valley region, you’ve learned to keep a sharp lookout while on the move; this close to the Magic Zone, there are many dangers to travellers.

OOC Comments
Recover ISP/PPE for a six hour period if needed.
Notice
Success - Spots signs of a large Coalition force paralleling the legionnaires’ path. The Coalition column is moving much slower than the heroes thanks to the number of troops involved; a small group like the legionnaires can travel faster through the wilderness, while a Coalition force complete with ground vehicles (such as the Spider-Skull Walker) must move more cautiously. They are currently slightly ahead of you, but you have easily caught up with them.
Raise - you can tell the enemy troops move roughly half as fast as you unless things change


However, between you and your destination, you can see smoke drifting upwards in the rocky terrain near where the Coalition forces would have passed close by. There is a sudden bright flash of light that can be seen suddenly peeking out from behind the rocks that only lasts a few seconds before it is gone.

OOC Comments
Survival check
Success – You spot what appear to be buzzards or other carrion birds overhead of where the smoke is.
Raise - they look to have only just started congregating – whatever the cause, it must have happened very recently.

Notice – Anybody with detect arcana running (like Heracles)
Success – There was a sense of magic emanating from the terrain, but it is gone now.
Raise – It did not feel like the same garden variety magic you are used to

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Clairvoyance 21, Notice 8
Notice 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 8 (4)

Psionics 1d12 = 12 (12)
ACE Running Total 1d12+12 = 21 (9)
Wild Psionics 1d6 = 2 (2)
3 senses--sight, hearing, radarsense; 5 ISP spent


Upon being informed of what has transpired, Savant offers to scry ahead. Sending her perceptions forward (and adding sight to the mix--her sisters really need to learn what they are missing with colors), she suddenly falls silent for a moment, her facial muscles twitching a bit.

"It is most curious. There's been some sort of battle--wreckage, bodies, and survivors. Interestingly, however, the survivors all appear to be relatively hearty--though many bear what would appear to be long-healed scars, and wear freshly bloodied clothes. Oh, and there's also a unicorn girl in their midst. Do you think she is the one who attacked them?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)

No need for Survival, I expect him to fail at such things

Kidemónas hears Savant's report and looks down at her side ways. "Like a real baby unicorn?
"I thought only young virgins could see unicorns, because they were pure and good or something. Maybe we should free it if they are keeping it as a pet?"

Looking in the direction of the CS force Kidemónas adds. "What if that big Coalition force gets there first? They will kill it and maybe the people too. That would be no good, but I think there may be too many even for me to take on."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Notice Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Knowledge Medicine 1d6 = 1 (1)
Knowledge Medicine Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)

Spending a Bennie to reroll Knowledge Medicine

Knowledge Medicine 1d6 = 6 (6)
Reroll Exploding Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


She smiled apologetically. "Sorry to worry you. I wanted to make sure no one could bleed out before I got to them. I suppose I should have warned you first."

Then she looked over at 'Dad.' "I also am not done. Let me take a look."

She walked over to him looking to determine if he simply needed more regular healing or something more. "I am Sula, priestess of Eir, Goddess of Healing and Medicine."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Last edited by Sula on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
"No. Like a girl who is also a unicorn. Also, she does not seem to be a pet. They're just chatting with her. And I'll thank you not to ask questions about my sex life, Kidemonas; it's not a proper topic of conversation for the field." She nods to Penny. "I think further investigation is called for--wait, she's saying something...." As the power fades, she nods. "She was telling them she's some sort of priestess or something. Goddess of healing. So, probably not the one who attacked them."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Freemage wrote:
"No. Like a girl who is also a unicorn. Also, she does not seem to be a pet. They're just chatting with her. And I'll thank you not to ask questions about my sex life, Kidemonas; it's not a proper topic of conversation for the field." She nods to Penny. "I think further investigation is called for--wait, she's saying something...." As the power fades, she nods. "She was telling them she's some sort of priestess or something. Goddess of healing. So, probably not the one who attacked them."

Kidemonas looks down at Savant and starts to stutter. "Um, I uh... Well I know humans mate, but I was not talking about you mating. I just was saying, well you know."
His scales turning even a little more purple as he stammers he finishes trying to make his voice sound normal and mature. "Well anyways good it is only a human with a horn then? Well lets go say hi. Priest tend to be good people."
With those words spoken he saunters down to join the beleaguered refugees. Imagining how impressed they will be to have of such a majestically beautiful and powerful dragon come to their aid.




"Ah, people we have come to help. What happened hear?"

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
As it is a little more than a quick walk away over the other side of rocky ledge, I figure Kidemonas would more likely fly over and land.


Sula wrote:
She smiled apologetically. "Sorry to worry you. I wanted to make sure no one could bleed out before I got to them. I suppose I should have warned you first." Then she looked over at 'Dad.' "I also am not done. Let me take a look." She walked over to him looking to determine if he simply needed more regular healing or something more. "I am Sula, priestess of Eir, Goddess of Healing and Medicine."


"Thank you," the man replied, "I don't think things would have ended at least as well as they have. My name is Lawrence. We should be thankful you happened to be passing by. Here we thought nobody really liked to come to this area and we'd be safe."

As you take a look at him, you can tell the wound has healed, but his leg is still weak. It will be a few days before he can walk on it for any length of time.

A shadow passed over the area and there was the sound of the beating of wings.

"Wait, what is that?"


Kidemonas landed with the grace that you would expect from a being of his size. All the survivors backed away, those with weapons holding them up futilely at him.

Kidemónas wrote:
"Ah, people we have come to help. What happened here?"


Around him, he can see the burning vehicle and the other damaged vehicles and the bodies scattered around.

"Uhhmmmm welcome," a middle aged man with a receding hair line spoke after a few seconds as they realise that Kidemonas was not about to attack them.
"We were attacked by the Coalition a few minutes ago, those bastards took a few shots at us on the way past. I suppose we should be thankful they could not be bothered to finish the job." he looked around with melancholy at those they had lost and not even had chance to process what had happened.
"If it wasn't for this fine lady he indicated Sula, "more of us would be dead."

Sula recognises Kidemonas from her vision.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Notice Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)

Wid Die Exploded 1d6 = 4 (4)


"I came to the area in search of..."

Her voice started to trail off at the shadow and then her eyes widen as she sees Kidemonas, suddenly excited. "You! You are one of the group from my vision! Have you seen my brother?"

Her eyes dart back and forth searching for the one she spoke of.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Sula wrote:
Her voice started to trail off at the shadow and then her eyes widen as she sees Kidemonas, suddenly excited. "You! You are one of the group from my vision! Have you seen my brother?"

Kidemónas looks at the woman and does not know of whom she speaks. "I have not seen anyone like you before. What is your brothers name and what does he look like?
"Does he have a horn and ears like yours?"
As he asks the questions the dragon can clearly be seen to be posing to look more impressive for the people around him.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Freya keeps behind, letting the others to the introductions for now.

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4


Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 10 (6)


Once the vehicle pulls up, Savant jumps out. Multi-colored mohawk swaying in the breeze, she 'looks' around with her eyeless face. "Well, this looks like a fine mess. Whoever is in charge here should discuss what happened with our commander, Miss Pennywise." She motions to the scholar/reporter. Her attention swivels to the unicorn girl.

"You seem to be fairly familiar with our dragon. Have you two met before?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Savant wrote:
OOC Comments
Notice Original post: 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Notice Original post: 1d6+4 = 10 (6)


Once the vehicle pulls up, Savant jumps out. Multi-colored mohawk swaying in the breeze, she 'looks' around with her eyeless face. "Well, this looks like a fine mess. Whoever is in charge here should discuss what happened with our commander, Miss Pennywise." She motions to the scholar/reporter. Her attention swivels to the unicorn girl.

"You seem to be fairly familiar with our dragon. Have you two met before?"


Preening Kidemónas notes obviousness of the situation. "Well I am a noted hero and a mighty dragon it only makes sense that my reputation and likeness has spread. The young unicorn girl most likely saw our pictures on a television and began dreaming of us and how cool it would be to know me."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Notice Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


When Kidemonas says he has not seen another like her the disappointment is palpable. "Oh. Well, um, maybe Eir wants you to help me find him. He would look very much like me, yes."

She looks at Savant, studying her a bit then nods to herself. "I asked the Goddess for help finding my brother and she granted me a vision of your group. I was to come to these mountains to find you. I am Sula, Priestess of Eir, Goddess of Healing and Medicine. It is good to meet you."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 6 Notice 5
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 6 (6)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5 (5)


Survival 4
Survival: 1d4 = 1 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 4 (4)


K-Arcana 9
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 = 2 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Lang spends the journey examining the book to see if he can squeeze any clues or secrets from it's pages. When the smoke is sighted from the battle he puts the book away and checks the scene through the windshield. He hooks a couple of their looted CS grenades to his belt before debarking the vehicle when they arrive at the scene.

Savant wrote:
"It is most curious. There's been some sort of battle--wreckage, bodies, and survivors. Interestingly, however, the survivors all appear to be relatively hearty--though many bear what would appear to be long-healed scars, and wear freshly bloodied clothes. Oh, and there's also a unicorn girl in their midst. Do you think she is the one who attacked them?"


Langdon listens intently as Savant describes what she 'sees'. "I think the safe bet is it was the Coalition force that just passed over them that did the attacking. Can you extend your clairvoyance to keep an eye on the Coalition force? It would sure be nice to know exactly what we're dealing with in case they turn back this way and things get hot again."

Sula wrote:
Her voice started to trail off at the shadow and then her eyes widen as she sees Kidemonas, suddenly excited. "You! You are one of the group from my vision! Have you seen my brother?"


Kidemónas wrote:
"Well I am a noted hero and a mighty dragon it only makes sense that my reputation and likeness has spread. The young unicorn girl most likely saw our pictures on a television and began dreaming of us and how cool it would be to know me."


Savant wrote:
"She was telling them she's some sort of priestess or something. Goddess of healing. So, probably not the one who attacked them."


Lang hangs back for a second to observe Kidemónas' preening as he examines the horned D-bee for deceptive behavior. He perks up at her mention of a vision.
"Vision? What vision?" he says as he strides forward to stand in front of the D-bee as she replies to Savant's question.

Sula wrote:
"I asked the Goddess for help finding my brother and she granted me a vision of your group. I was to come to these mountains to find you. I am Sula, Priestess of Eir, Goddess of Healing and Medicine. It is good to meet you."


A healer. And likely a good one, if what she claims is true. Very handy. "Greetings, Priestess. You mentioned a vision, and a command from this god 'Eir'. Tell me, why us? Why did your god tell you to find us, specifically? What else was in this vision?"
And did your god mention anything about a Spell of Legend?

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Penny stuffs as much salvage into the back of her ATV as she can, and keeps pace with the others. She smiles upon meeting Sula, shaking her hand. "Good to meet you all."

She takes the time to make formal introductions; the techno-wizard Freya, the MOM enhanciles Savant (the Altara woman) and Heracles (the dog of war,) the dragon Kidemonas (Kid for short,) the offworld mech pilot Mica, and the d'norr commando mage Langdon. "You say you were all ambushed by Coalition forces? Small world; we were too. You mentioned a vision; I don't really understand that magic stuff that well so you'll have to talk me through it. What did you see?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
She nods in greeting to each of them as they are introduced. After multiple questions about her vision she replies. "The vision started with the Ozarks burning. Then a flash of each of your faces. It wasn't a command, it was a response to my prayer for help finding my brother. I have been searching for him since we were separated in Newtown. I don't know for certain why She sent me to you. I can only imagine that joining with your group will somehow lead me to finding my brother. I had hoped to find him with you."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
The eyeless woman nods, sagely--an odd demeanor for someone still spattered with the fresh blood (perhaps even viscerae) of her fallen enemies. "As an Oracle myself, I cannot deny the power of a vision, even when they are hard to interpret. Clearly, you are meant to travel with us and aid us, and hopefully we can help you, as well. And in truth, we can use a powerful healer, at times." She 'looks' to Pennywise. "I do hope I am not overstepping my bounds, of course."

Then she looks at the gathered survivors of the attack. "Our mission right now is likely to take us into further conflict with the Coalition, and is very urgent. Is there anything we could do for these travelers that would not delay us further?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 255
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles sat up front (or better yet on top of the vehicle again with his tongue hanging out) for the drive there. He noticed the tracks and signs of the Coalition force. He made sure to relay that information to his comrades. He took note of the birds starting to circle overhead and frowned. That was a bad sign, and there were dead and/or injured people where that smoke was. However, Savant seemed to disagree with his instincts. One eyebrow lifted even though he wasn't looking at her. Interesting. He let out a laugh at the young dragon's musings.

When they arrived, he stared bemusedly at the...'unicorn girl'. Then both eyebrows shot up and he glanced at his dragon friend. "Have you been hiding acquaintances again from us?" His tone was jovial and teasing.

To the woman, he thumped a fist to his chest and gave her a small bow of his head. "Greeting! Tis a pleasure to meet another who reveres the gods! I am Heracles, son of Zeus!" He smiled at her but shook his head gently. "Ah, yes, visions can be tricky things, like prophesies! Perhaps you were shown a vision of us, not because we have seen or know your brother...but because after you meet us you will find him...er, like you just said, yes!" He nods sagely towards Penny and Savant, as if to see if they wer impressed with his wisdom.


Notice 9
+2 to total, +2 if olfactory counts.
Notice die 1d8 = 3 (3), Wild die 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace die 1d6 = 1 (1).

Survival 11
+2 to total.
Survival die 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace die 1d6 = 3 (3), Wild die 1d6 = 4 (4).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2); Deflection (-4).
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 7/20
Bennies: 4
Adventure Card:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.).
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
She nods to Heracles then looks back at Savant then Pennywise "Considering the destruction of their vehicles, they probably could use some supplies if there are any to spare? I can give my medical kit but I do not have food rations that will help a group this size."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Sula wrote:
"The vision started with the Ozarks burning. Then a flash of each of your faces. It wasn't a command, it was a response to my prayer for help finding my brother. I have been searching for him since we were separated in Newtown. I don't know for certain why She sent me to you. I can only imagine that joining with your group will somehow lead me to finding my brother. I had hoped to find him with you."


So she doesn't know anything about the spell. Unless she's lying.

"You need to understand we have a mission to complete and should avoid getting sidetracked. You're the first of your kind that I have ever encountered, so I doubt anyone in our group has seen your brother, either. As for these survivors, we can probably give them some of the CS equipment we just picked up. But I'm keeping that C-12 rifle and the grenades. I need them."

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:43 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
As the party joins the aftermath of the Coalition attack, the survivors are friendly, but obviously shell shocked. They start to pick up their dead and find out what is still intact. The lorry still burns, but a couple of Big Boss ATVs and a hovercycle still remain somewhat intact, though either on their sides and or currently riddled with holes. A couple of them find bodies and sink to their knees, crying, cradling the bodies. Their leader interacts with Penny.

"We were passing through. We thought this area wouldn't attract the attention of the Coalition, but even after Tolkeen, they won't leave us alone. Thank you for coming to our aid. At least there are some people out there who will help strangers in need."

OOC Comments
Success on Repair or Knowledge Engineering roll will show that the vehicles can still be used, but they will require some repairs that will take a couple of hours, or one if Mica and Freya share the work.
Some brute strength will be required to right the ATV currently on its side

Inside each vehicle is the body of the driver


As the party interacts with Sula, so far everyone she has met matches what she saw in her vision, though her vision of Langdon had both light and dark behind him, completely different to the others.

OOC Comments
Survival check – a success and raise will reveal Sula’s species from your knowledge, having heard something about them. Everything you have heard suggests that they are universally good people.
They are pretty rare in the Americas and none of you have seen one before.


Langdon can see that a few of them have light weapons, a couple of rifles lying around, but nothing heavy.

Something caught Heracles’ eye amongst the bodies; clearly sticking out from underneath one of the fallen is the remnant of torn pamphlet. Ordinarily, this would not have caught your attention, but in the slight breeze, it flutters and on the other side, you can clearly see the letters ZEU…

Presuming Heracles picks it up, it is damaged, wet and partially burnt, but you can make out a few things
A picture of a snake being strangled
Latter da…
…urch
And the picture of a horn on what might be a horse’s head, though it is difficult to tell from only the ears and the bit of the head immediately around where the horn is attached.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Survival 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Survival 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Savant looks to Penny as the situation becomes clear. "It would make sense to send these good people back to either Castle Refuge or to Garnet Town, where they should be able to rest long enough to decide where to go from there. If Garnet Town, we can send the weapons we aren't personally using with them, to help arm the militia."

She then goes over to the ATV. "Great Kidemonas, please, allow me to assist you in setting their transport right. While I'm sure you possess the physical might to heft it, given the damage already received, we'll need to be sure to be gentle with it, as well, so as not to further harm the device."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
:Rolls Held:



Kidemónas looks at Savant as she starts talking about her plan on moving the vehicles. Leaning down he whispers in her ear. "I don't want to upset the humans, but there are dead people in those. Do they need to bless them or something before we move them?" Once things are settled out with that Kidemónas follows direction from Savant and helps right the vehicles.
Then whispering again to his allies. "Someone needs to stay alert of those Coalition men. If they return things could get worse." With those words Kidemónas takes a position of over-watch while the repairs are completed by the others.


OOC Comments
Choosing not to make unskilled rolls for Knowledge (engineering) and Survival, instead accepting failure. (Not really his thing)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:50 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
She nods to Kid. "You are kind to think of such things." She looks over to the group leader, motioning to her. Once close enough to speak relatively quietly, she says, "My friend has noted that there are some more bodies in the vehicle. Would you like us to remove them before we set about getting you back on the road? Perhaps the priestess could bless their remains, if you like." A pause. "And, of course, while the mechanically minded are working on the repairs, we could assist you with digging simple graves, or with, ah, prepping them for being moved, if you would prefer to take them with you to bury near a settlement."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
She looks at Langdon but then looks away and shakes her head and is about to head over to one of the crying pair when Savant speaks again to the leader. She pauses without saying anything, waiting for the leader to decide what he would like her to do.

OOC Comments
Not going to roll for repair lol - so not her schtick.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Penny looked over the refugees, thinking. Finally, she beckoned the group together with the team-huddle hand gesture.

"Okay," she said, once the huddle had commenced. "If this is a heavily combat-inclined mission I might not be best suited to it, being, you know..." She mimed writing on her palm. "I can always escort them back, along with the salvage we have. Alternately I can ride with one of you and lend them my ATV so they can get back - assuming we trust them enough to head back to Garnet Town. We can also take the time to repair the vehicles, but this is a race against time - whatever the Coalition wants, we don't want them to have. So what do you all suggest?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:07 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 10 Notice 7
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Repair 3 Survival 2
Repair: 1d4 = 3 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Survival: 1d4 = 1 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)


GM wrote:
Langdon can see that a few of them have light weapons, a couple of rifles lying around, but nothing heavy.


Langdon looks over the damaged vehicles after Kid sets them upright but their condition is clearly beyond his meager ability to assess. He shakes his head in irritation, knowing he can't in good conscience let these people continue on foot with just light weapons. But I really wanted those grenades.

Penny wrote:
"I can always escort them back, along with the salvage we have. Alternately I can ride with one of you and lend them my ATV so they can get back - assuming we trust them enough to head back to Garnet Town. We can also take the time to repair the vehicles, but this is a race against time - whatever the Coalition wants, we don't want them to have. So what do you all suggest?"


Lang's voice is lightly dusted with annoyance when he speaks. "I know I'm the new guy and all, but we have a mission to complete and I think it would be foolish to split up now." And I may never get another opportunity like this in my life. "I say we keep moving. I...suppose we can let them take some of the grenades we picked up. Those, combined with their rifles, should give them a decent chance to make it to Garnet, even if they still can't fix their own vehicle now that it is upright."

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Psionics 23
Psionics 1d12 = 12 (12)
Ace running total: 1d12+12 = 23 (11)
Wild Psionics 1d6 = 1 (1)

And thus, OOC knowledge from the chat becomes IC knowledge.



Savant considers, then decides to cut to the chase. Angling her painted, eyeless face towards the sun, she asks, "If we fix their vehicles and send them off to Garnet Town, will they arrive safely?"

After a moment, she smiles broadly. "They will be fine. Let Freya do her magic, and we can continue our quest in clear conscience."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Notice 5
notice 1d8 = 4 (4)
wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


The wine of a high powered engine is heard as Mica pulls into the area with her cyclone. She pulls to a stop and lifts the visor on her helmet. "Hey, I'm here."

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
"Hey, Mica." Penny takes the time to catch Mica up, then says "Okay, Savant, I trust your judgement. We'll give them supplies and fix their vehicles and give them a map, and we'll stick together."

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 255
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles was clearly torn. He was loyal to his companions but feared for the safety of the recently-rescued if just left to set out on their own. In the end, however, he let the decision stand. "As you will. I hope that Savant is right. I would hate to later hear that they did not arrive safely." He shrugged his shoulders. "But come then! There is still much work to be done!"

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2); Deflection (-4).
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 7/20
Bennies: 4
Adventure Card:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.).
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Langdon knew when a battle was hopeless, so he offers no more objections regarding the lost time it will cost to repair the vehicles. He nods in mute agreement with Penny, Savant and the others and let's the face mask of his armor hide his disappointment at the missed opportunity. Unless Penny asks him to do something else, he assists Freya and Mica with the vehicles (mostly as a fetch-boy due to his overall lack of expertise) to help get everyone back on the road asap.

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


If the survivors want a blessing, she gives it and helps them with their deceased.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
After too long of working on the vehicles and other delays Kidemónas starts to get impatient. "Guy's we are in a race against that coalition group and if they beat us they may destroy the book before I can read it." Having forgotten completely that others had already expressed not wanting him and Langdon to read it.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Spirit 1d8 = 8 (8)
ACE Running Total 1d8+8 = 12 (4)
Wild Spirit 1d6 = 4 (4)

Yay! No boredom issues for Savant. However, sooner or later the birds will return to the area. Figuring she burns out an eclip trying to take them out at maximum range (between the scope and the Crazy bonus, amusingly, this is like a point-blank shot for her).


Savant, unexpectedly, is calm and serene while waiting for the vehicles to be fixed, the corpses to be blessed, and the group to get underway again. Of course, if any birds show up, she opens fire with abandon, as soon as they are within range of her laser rifle. Even this seems to be done relatively laconically, though.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:06 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 255
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Notice
+2 to total, another +2 if olfactory is involved.
Notice die 1d8 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 3 (3).


Heracles noticed something during his musings and searchings, mainly as he was waiting for the vehicles to be fixed. He was good for holding things or tightening things, but that was about the extent of his mechanical repair abilities. His widened and lit up a bit as he thought he saw the word of his father emblazoned on paper. Had he found another who knew of Zeus?

it was difficult to tell what all had originally been on the pamphlet. It had certainly seen better days. However, he say a snake and while he instinctively wanted to finish the burning of the paper, he held off as he saw it was being strangled. Ah, that took him back to his childhood! Hera's murder attempts had been frequent, and given him a more-than-healthy dislike of snakes and snake-like beings.

He examined it closely for a long moment and then walked over to their new...ally?...the unicorn girl. "Sula, was it?" He held the pamphlet out towards her. He pointed out the horned horse and raised an eyebrow. "Yon picture could be but a unicorn...or perhaps a relative?"

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2); Deflection (-4).
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 7/20
Bennies: 4
Adventure Card:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.).
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
None of the people follow Sula's faith, but any form of blessing was fine with them. All in all, twenty bodies were lined up on the ground ready for her blessing as the others either stood watch, shot at birds or repaired the vehicles.


OOC Comments
I am assuming that Mica and Freya will be fixing her vehicles so I will need repair rolls from both of them



Before you plan to leave, Lawrence, the leader of the refugees comes to see you

"We spotted a campsite along the way ahead of the CS forces and the fire was lit when we passed. Maybe you will find somebody who knows the area there who can help you keep ahead of the Deadboys."

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Freya moves to greet the newcomer, shaking her hand.
"Freya Kay, at your service. Love your ears!"
Some grease remains in Sula's hand after she releases her.
Freya works in repairing the vehicle.
Repair: 7
OOC Comments
Roll (+2 Machine Maestro, Half repair time Mr. Fix it Edge) 1d10+4 = 7 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 7 (3)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4


Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
repair 3
repair 1d6 = 3 (3)
wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


Mica takes in the briefing from Penny then gets to helping repair the vehicles but does not seem to be much help.

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Freya Kay wrote:
Freya moves to greet the newcomer, shaking her hand.
"Freya Kay, at your service. Love your ears!"
Some grease remains in Sula's hand after she releases her.


"Thank you. It is a pleasure to meet you as well." She smiles at Freya and takes out a cloth to wipe the grease off her hands after the woman has moved to work on the vehicles.

Heracles wrote:
He examined it closely for a long moment and then walked over to their new...ally?...the unicorn girl. "Sula, was it?" He held the pamphlet out towards her. He pointed out the horned horse and raised an eyebrow. "Yon picture could be but a unicorn...or perhaps a relative?"


Relative. That catches her attention very quick and she touches and examines the paper, careful not to damage it further. "Thank you Heracles. I think this word might be Church." Pointing at the 'urch' part. "I'm not sure about the other words or what to make of the snake though. It doesn't seem like it would be a good thing. Does anyone know where this came from?"

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Corrigon wrote:
"We spotted a campsite along the way ahead of the CS forces and the fire was lit when we passed. Maybe you will find somebody who knows the area there who can help you keep ahead of the Deadboys."


"Really! Thank you. That's actually quite helpful." Penny gets further information, such as the range and direction of the campsite, they decides to give the more bored members of the team something to do - by asking them who wanted to help them find this wilderness scout and try and get out ahead of the Coalition's march.

OOC Comments
Penny is basically sensing that some of the group are a little bore with guard duty and are giving them something to keep them occupied and hopefully get ahead of the Coalition while they're at it.

Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 8 Notice 3
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Langdon jumps at the chance to get back on the road. He loads up and prepares to check this campsite out.

"Ready when you are, Guv," he says to Penny.

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Savant, currently lounging on the hood of the vehicle shooting at any bird failing its Darwin check to get close enough to be fired upon, kick-snaps into a standing position, next to Langdon. "Reporting for duty, ma'am. You want an experienced tracker for this sort of job."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Sula doesn't say anything but when she hears Savant volunteering to do tracking instead of shooting things she offers a silent prayer of thanks to Eir.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
The Campsite

Those Penny sends out head out towards the campsite they were told about. Lacking a vehicle, the other three of you were carried by Kidemonas.
(Presuming this is Kidemonas, Savant, Langdon and Heracles)

As you approach the location indicated by Lawrence, a single humanoid figure, walking across the rolling hills about forty yards to the right of your trail begins waving you down. As you get closer, the figure is clad in the distinctive headgear and cloak of a Ley Line Walker. The figure appears female, based on its slight build, and moves quite smoothly. This mysterious woman raises an arm and waves, coming to a halt.

OOC Comments
Notice roll at −2 please.
Success - The “Ley Line Walker” is hovering just above the ground; the figure’s cloak obscures her limbs, but the unnaturally smooth method of locomotion suggests strange magic at work. Player
Raise – You also notice the figure’s armour looks badly damaged, as if she’d been through a serious battle at some point and has yet to repair her gear.


The environmental mask built into her armour obscures the woman’s face, but her eyes are dark and tiny. From what little you can see of her expression, she seems suspicious of you and your group. “What brings you to this part of the Magic Zone?” she asks. Her voice is rough and cracked, sounding much like an old woman’s, yet still very high-pitched.


The Survivors

Back at the attack site, Freya concentrated on repairs, working at speed and getting the hovercycle and remaining lorry up and running. Having to split her efforts between repairs and guard duty, Mica is not as effective as she would like. Lawrence thanks Sula and Penny for their help, whilst the others either sit with the bodies or run around, collecting belongings that ended up scattered.

OOC Comments
Notice - Lawrence is managing to keep it together, but he does look on the edge of breaking down
Raise - he keeps glancing at the bodies that Sula has blessed

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
WIP
Notice 1d4+4 = 8 (4)
ACE, forgot -2, running total includes that 1d4+6 = 8 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 7 (3)



Savant calls out to the woman as she slides off the dragon's back. "My associates and I are seeking a wilderness scout whom we believe is nearby. Have you seen him?" Neither a pure lie nor, of course, the more serious truth.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 6 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
WD 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Sula walks over to Lawrence. "Is there anything else I can do?"

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Last edited by Sula on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Notice 8, Danger Sense Triggers, Notices floating
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Extra Effort (I really want Danger Sense to protect me here, something is not right.) 1d6+4 = 8 (4)

Landing a respectful distance away from the human Kidemónas lets Herc and Savant get off. As they begin talking he is looking around paying as close attention as possible for any signs of ambush. Something about the woman seems off to him and he cannot place his claw on just what it is. Whispering to Savant as she moves forward to speak he says. "Be careful Savant, I do not think this feels right."
However with his attention split between looking around for ambushes Kidemónas is on guard and looking for possible ambushers.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:12 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 9 Notice 6
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 9 (9)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Notice: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Langdon reactivates the comm band around his forehead with a casual brush of his hand as he approaches the strange woman. When he notices the stranger's feet do not touch the ground he also engages a boosted true sight spell.

Spellcasting 9 11
TW comm band
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 9 (7)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

true sight (exalted detect arcana): allows a character to detect supernatural persons, objects, or effects within sight (with raise: expanded analytical effects/weaknesses of magic and supernatural creatures)
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 11 (9)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 2 (2)


woman wrote:
“What brings you to this part of the Magic Zone?”


Lang wears an open and friendly grin as he greets the woman, but offers only a vague response. "The rest of our force is aiding refugees nearby who were mauled by that CS detachment." He uses the word force intentionally, to give her the impression that significant reinforcements can be quickly called in case this is a some sort of ruse. "And, as my colleague Savant just said, we were told of another possible survivor in this area." He maintains a friendly and relaxed demeanor, but his eyes are constantly looking for anything out of the ordinary.

"So, now that you know our story, may I ask the same of you? What brings you out here, all alone? But first, how about your name?" He smiles, projecting an aura of passive competence and confidence. "I am Langdon."

Persuasion 12
Persuasion +7Cband/CHA: 1d6+7 = 12 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6+7 = 10 (3)


ppe calc
ppe calc
-4 exalted detect arcana, -1 TW band
25-5 = 20 (Assuming he was full due to exceptional rapid recharge)

also took 15 minutes off the armor and belt charges in my sig

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:41 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
The Campsite

Langdon
OOC Comments
The person before is definitely magical. They are hovering under their own power and there is a constant magical effect surrounding her that enables her to understand and speak any language.
Knowledge (Arcana) roll -2 to determine what she is


Kidemonas feels a bit on edge but nothing that feels like they are about to be attacked at any second.

She looks relaxed after Langdon speaks to her, but her voice remains all high pitched.
"My name is Alixia,” the woman introduces herself. “It looks like we’re all far from home at the moment. Why don’t you join me at my campsite? It’s not far from here, and it’s a good place to rest. Plenty of water, and I’ll share what food I have.”
She looked at Langdon, answering his questions and avoids looking at Savant.
“I was on my way toward Magestar, but when I saw the Coalition troops, I hid from their patrol. I did not want to fight them.” She looked over the group
"It looks like you’re heading for Glimmer Valley, like those CS troops look to be doing.” The woman says thoughtfully. “Have you come to save us from the Dragon that terrorises this region? It is a ferocious and duplicitous creature. I do not have the power to fight such a creature. You should know there’s a very powerful and very evil creature using it as his lair. It’s some kind of dragon, and he’s working some very powerful spells there. If you approach, it’s best to try and take him by surprise…if you give him half a chance to prepare, he’ll tear you all limb from limb! Especially if it senses his presence.” She indicates Kidemonas, “this is his territory after all and they don’t take kindly to others of their kind interloping.”

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Notice 5
notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Mica is getting frustrated that her efforts to help with the repairs are being useless.

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-Arcana 2
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Re-Roll -1 benny:
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 = 4 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Just floating on your own out here, all alone. What the heck are you?

Lang follows the floating mystery woman to the campsite. He evades giving her a straight answer again after she finishes speaking. "Evil dragon, you say?" he says with a voice just loud enough to ensure Kidemonas hears him."No, nobody sent us after a dragon. It will be up to our squad leader, who is back with the refugees, to decide if we can help with that." Lang's thoughts dance thinking what he might find laying around in a dragon's lair.

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Penny spends one-half of her time helping out with the repairs where she can, and one-half of her time keeping an eye on the survivors...

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Repair: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Snake Eyes. Ouch.

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Savant nods at Langdon's words. 'Yes, our commander makes those sorts of calls." She crouches down a bit. "Pardon me for asking, but do you have a problem with your gravity? It seems to be broken. It's not as if we are on a Ley Line, after all."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Kidemónas eyes narrow as he looks around for another dragon. "A dragon? Why do you say it is terrorizing the locals, perhaps it only seeks worshipers?" While Kidemónas knew he was the biggest and most powerful dragon, he also knew that other dragons could still hurt him if he was caught off guard.
Having no desire to be caught off guard he set about looking for signs of this other creature so he could determine if it was really a terror or simply misunderstood.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
Survivors

Quote:
Sula walks over to Lawrence. "Is there anything else I can do?"


Lawrence looks down at the line of bodies.
“This is … was my brother Thomas,” he sobbed, “apart from my son, he was my last surviving relative. My wife died during the war at Tolkeen. I had just about managed to keep myself together, but we thought we were past the worst … and now this.”


Quote:
Mica is getting frustrated that her efforts to help with the repairs are being useless.
Penny spends one-half of her time helping out with the repairs where she can, and one-half of her time keeping an eye on the survivors...
Snake eyes on the repair roll



As poor as Mica’s efforts are at not managing to get one of the small ATV’s operational again, Penny’s efforts on the hovercycle are far worse and come to naught as the electrics short out, generating a large spark of electricity and now the slight smell of burning.


OOC Comments
The hovercycle is now suffering serious damage and is non-functional without a proper facility to carry out repairs and spare parts.



Campsite

Quote:
Just floating on your own out here, all alone. What the heck are you?
Lang follows the floating mystery woman to the campsite. He evades giving her a straight answer again after she finishes speaking. "Evil dragon, you say?" he says with a voice just loud enough to ensure Kidemonas hears him."No, nobody sent us after a dragon. It will be up to our squad leader, who is back with the refugees, to decide if we can help with that." Lang's thoughts dance thinking what he might find laying around in a dragon's lair.
Savant nods at Langdon's words. 'Yes, our commander makes those sorts of calls." She crouches down a bit. "Pardon me for asking, but do you have a problem with your gravity? It seems to be broken. It's not as if we are on a Ley Line, after all."


Langdon was distracted by day dreams of the contents of a dragon’s hoard as you follow her to her camp; a small tent and firepit next to a small stream of water. Heracles stayed back where they had landed and began checking for something.
Alixia takes a step back from Savant as he comments about her movement and laughs slightly.
“What are you talking about?”

OOC Comments
Notice roll
Success notes that her feet suddenly start touching the floor if you previously noticed that she was floating



Quote:
Kidemónas eyes narrow as he looks around for another dragon. "A dragon? Why do you say it is terrorizing the locals, perhaps it only seeks worshipers?" While Kidemónas knew he was the biggest and most powerful dragon, he also knew that other dragons could still hurt him if he was caught off guard.
Having no desire to be caught off guard he set about looking for signs of this other creature so he could determine if it was really a terror or simply misunderstood.


Kidemonas looked around him, but there was no sign of another dragon in the campsite
OOC Comments
unless he plans to take off


“Terrorising, worshippers, either way, it is seeking to enforce its will on those who live here. If you are indeed Legion, do you intend to drive it away or kill it to save the people here from its threat? It has been casting spells and causing damage to the area and frightening away anybody who dares go near its cave in Glimmer Valley.” Alixia challenged Kidemonas' idea, her voice still shrill, "of course, one such as powerful as you should surely be able to best it in combat oh wise and powerful dragon."

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 8 (4)
ACE Running Total 1d4+8 = 12 (4)
ACE Running Total 1d4+12 = 16 (4)
ACE Running Total 1d4+16 = 19 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 8 (4)

Spending 5 ISP--3 for Mind Reading, 2 for Major Psionic/+1 to roll
Psionics 1d12+1 = 7 (6)
Wild Psionics 1d6+1 = 3 (2)
Benny Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 8 (1)

9 ISP left
Woman must make a Spirit roll; on an 8 or less, Savant gets an answer; on a 4 or less, the woman doesn't even know Savant was in there.
.


Savant chuckles along with her, smiling, as she psychically attempts to rummage through the woman's inner self, asking, "What sort of creature are you?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Upon seeing the small electrical fire, Penny grabs a fire extinguisher from her ATV and sprays it into the hovercycle. Once the smoke dies down, she's visibly covered in soot and ash, with a palpable sense of frustration on her face. Grumbling she almost kicks it, but settles for a nearby rock.

Her anger thus spent, she turns apologetically to its owner. "Ah... sorry. The moisture - built up, and - listen, we will get it fixed and we will find some way, somehow, to get you back to town." She took a seat, thinking. "I just don't know what it is yet."

She checked the time, and mentally tabulated how long it'd take before they had to make the call to proceed.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 4 Notice 5
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 4 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Alixia wrote:
Alixia takes a step back from Savant as he comments about her movement and laughs slightly.
“What are you talking about?”



For the first time since they met her, Lang puts some steel in his voice. "I think you know what she's talking about. We both saw your feet hovering over the ground." Lang slowly backs away from her and slides around so Alixia is in between himself and Savant, clearly showing Alixia how suspicious her attempt at subterfuge has made them. "We told you who we are. You respond by asking us to go with you and then lie to us? What are you trying to hide?"

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Oblivious to the rising tensions Kidemónas continues talking about the dragon. "We do not just kill dragons without proof it is doing something. Dragons are to rare and important for that. Imagine if we killed every cool looking floating floaty person or every tiny human someone accused of evil.
"We will have to meet this dragon and ask them what is going on and see the evidence of their destruction."


Langdon Steed wrote:
Alixia wrote:
Alixia takes a step back from Savant as he comments about her movement and laughs slightly.
“What are you talking about?”


For the first time since they met her, Lang puts some steel in his voice. "I think you know what she's talking about. We both saw your feet hovering over the ground." Lang slowly backs away from her and slides around so Alixia is in between himself and Savant, clearly showing Alixia how suspicious her attempt at subterfuge has made them. "We told you who we are. You respond by asking us to go with you and then lie to us? What are you trying to hide?"


Finally catching on there is tension in the air Kidemónas turns his full attention on the Alixia. "Um, is something going on here guys?"

Looking for signs of who or what Alixia is Arcana 5
Knowledge (Arcana) 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Corrigon wrote:
Lawrence looks down at the line of bodies.
“This is … was my brother Thomas,” he sobbed, “apart from my son, he was my last surviving relative. My wife died during the war at Tolkeen. I had just about managed to keep myself together, but we thought we were past the worst … and now this.”


She reaches out to hug Lawrence, letting him cry. "I am so sorry. You and your son and the others should be safe at Garnet Town." She was about to continue when Penny comes over and mentions trouble with the repairs. "I will do all that I can to get you there. Even if it means postponing my own quest." She did not want to separate from the group from her vision now that she had found them but she would not let this group go without being relatively certain they would arrive safely.

Notice
Notice 6 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
"I appreciate that, Sula. Let's do an inventory of all the vehicles that work and see if we have enough to see them back home, soon as repairs are done."

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:06 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
Campsite

1d10 = 6 (6)


Savant is able to slip past Alixia's mental defences and enter her mind as Kidemonas and Langdon confronted her. Very quickly, she is able to ascertain what they are dealing with. She considers herself a witchling and Savant is able to see her true face that is hidden behind her mask, a horrid vicious creature.
OOC Comments
Knowledge Arcana or Survival check for details on Witchlings


However, Savant's intrusion did not go unnoticed, as Alixia turned suddenly to face Savant, her body trembling with anger.

"Get out of my mind," Alixia screamed in her high-pitched voice, ripping the mask from her head to reveal a terrifyingly ugly face for a brief instant as she rose up into the air before she suddenly vanished from sight.


OOC Comments
Langdon and Savant- make a fear test – Langdon when she reveals her mask and Savant for being able to see her face in her mind
She's not scary enough for Kidemonas

She has disappeared from sight - the ability to spot her is as per normal for invisibility with penalties as previously decided for your characters, with the target number as per the dice roll below.

She is no longer touching the ground, so any hearing based bonuses are not in effect
1d10 = 1 (1)
wild dice 1d6 = 2 (2)
GM benny for reroll
1d10 = 8 (8)
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6)
ace 1d6 = 3 (3)


Initiative
Kidemonas 1d54 = 10 (10) AS
Langdon 1d54 = 13 (13) JS
Alixia 1d54 = 22 (22) 10H Parry: 5; Toughness: 11 (5)
Savant 1d54 = 46 (46) 8D



Survivors
Lawrence seemed comforted by Sula’s word and nodded in appreciation. He sniffed and pulled himself visibly back together.
Grumbling about the repairs not going well, Penny joined Sula, calculating that they would have to leave soon if they wanted to be able to overtake the Coalition forces in time, unless the other team were successful in finding a short cut.
Meanwhile, Freya hollered as the larger ATV roared back to life. The two vehicles would be large enough to transport the survivors to Garnet Town, though not the bodies or the Hovercycle.


Attachments:
6lhEH.jpg
6lhEH.jpg [ 30.83 KiB | Viewed 1481 times ]

_________________
GM bennies 6/8
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Fear Check for something, 4 = Success
Spirit 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)
Notice 13-4 = 9 Success & Raise
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6-4 = 2 (6) + Ace 1d6+2 = 7 (5) + Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 9 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6-4 = 0 (4)

As the girl turns invisible and declares herself to be an enemy Kidemónas focuses on where she was floating looking for and sent or movement of air. Suddenly Langdon points out her location to him and Kidemónas sees some of the dust kicked up by their movements swirl and knows what he must do. Kidemónas lets out a gout of flame sweeping it back and forth over the woman.

Firer Breath; agility roll at -2 or suffer 10 Mega Damage
Damage 2d10 = 10 (6, 4)
Benny to Reroll Damage 2d10 = 10 (2, 8)
Another Benny to Reroll Damage 2d10 = 6 (1, 5)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common 8 Notice 4
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3 (3)


K-arcana 5
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)


fear check 9 pass
-2 (sensitive)
Spirit: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 4 (4)


When the witchling is revealed and disappears, Langdon quickly activates a boosted Shadowsight spell from his TW armor's built-in abilities and activates his Flaming Sword.

spellcasting 9 raise
Exalted Darksight: (immune to all lighting penalties, blind and obscure, and can see invisible)
Trapping: Helmet visor turns black and magic-based targeting system adds a +1 bonus to hit, +2 with a raise.
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 9 (7)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


His armor's visor darkens and the witchling is revealed to him. He points at it with his sword and yells out to the others, "She's there!"

To the witchling he says, "You'll not take us that easily. I can already see you. Best leave while you still can." With his flaming sword still pointing at it, he looks right in the creature's eyes to show he is not afraid at all of floating witch-demons.

Persuasion 11
Persuasion +7CHA/TW commband: 1d6+7 = 11 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6+7 = 9 (2)


summary
  • cast exalted darksight (2 ppe, raise): immune to all lighting penalties, blind and obscure, and can see invisible, trapping: +2 to hit in combat
  • activate TW flaming sword (1 ppe, free action)
  • point at the demon to aid Savant and Kidemonas
  • attempt to persuade the witchling to flee or surrender
  • -3 ppe total

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:43 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 619
Reply with quote
Langdon’s magic spell altered his vision as he hurriedly looked around for the Witchling. At first, he thought she must have teleported away because she was not anywhere to be seen until it dawned on him to look up. Raising his eyes to the sky, he realised that Alixia was a good twenty feet in the air.

Langdon Steed wrote:
He points at it with his sword and yells out to the others, "She's there!" To the witchling he says, "You'll not take us that easily. I can already see you. Best leave while you still can." With his flaming sword still pointing at it, he looks right in the creature's eyes to show he is not afraid at all of floating witch-demons.


Kidemonas, unable to see where Alixia is, except for a vague idea where Langdon was pointing at, unleashed the fury of his flame breath. Flames erupted from his mouth spreading out into the sky, where part of the eruption struck something solid and spread around, trying to envelop it. However, being unable to concentrate his flame breath on a target he could see, the flames look to have merely singed her.
Langdon is able to see her mouth something and point in their direction. Initially, nothing seems to happen and Langdon thinks she has miscast, probably due to Kidemonas’s flame breath ….
Before the huge dragon stopped breathing flames ….

And slowly, ominously turned to face Langdon and Savant, standing between them and Alixia ….

With wings out wide blotting out the sky with his size, Kidemonas unleashed a ferocious roar that almost bowls the two of you over.

Attachment:
UWgRr1.jpg
UWgRr1.jpg [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 1422 times ]


OOC Comments
Take a fear check at -2 each of you or take a benny and fail the fear test to run for cover whilst Kidemonas flies away

They are literally going to fly away, so rather than continue the combat, both of you have a chance to grab hold of Kidemonas and cling onto his scales as he flies off to the next scene.

This going to drag you into the next scene a little differently than the adventure planned, so feel free to call in the reinforcements as things are about to get hairy



Survivors

Back at the campsite, from where Lawrence's son Chase was sat, he called down to the group

"Uhmmmm, is your dragon supposed to be flying away?

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:05 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 225
Reply with quote
Savant spins even as Kidemonas roars, and immediately begins running, fast, and if he isn't actively resisting her, she'll slow only long enough to hoist Langdon over her shoulder to get him clear, too.

"Twelve Hells! The sorceress clearly took advantage of his wings to corrupt our comrade!"

What's a Witchling 11
Survival 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Survival 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
ACE Running Total 1d6+8 = 11 (3)
Taking the free Bennie. It's up to Langdon if her 'rescue' is successful or not. Note, Conan, if you want to let it happen OOC, but don't want Langdon to run ICly, you could always just opt to let her catch him off-guard, thereby letting her haul him against his will as she flees to safety. Same result--the story advances to the next stage, and we both get bennies.

Also, edited in the roll to identify the Witchling.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 429
Reply with quote
Kidemónas was confused his body was acting against the wishes of his mind. It was impossible, somehow this little creatures will was more powerful than his own, when he knew he was the most powerful dragon. She must be a godling of some sort to be able to seize control of him like this.
Thinking in his head as hard as he could he wrestled trying to break free. He could not imagine how it would affect him to accidentally eat his own friends, but it could not possibly be good. No one would ever believe he was the greatest hero of the day if that happened.
Please run friends, you would stand no chance if forced to face the most powerful of the young dragons. the thoughts in his soul could not be made to form clearly from his mouth, instead he found him self letting out a great roar as his friends turned to flee. Thank goodness they are thinking clearly enough to flee. He thinks to himself.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:46 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Lang watches as Kidemonas' flame breath hits the floating witchling but winces when he sees it does no damage. Before he can shout to the dragon to hit her again with the fire, Kidemonas turns his back on the airborne demon and roars aggressively at Lang and Savant.

Oh no. No no no no no no

"Uh, Savant, I think we need-" Lang is unable to finish his thought as the air is punched out of his lungs as the Altaran crazy scoops him up and tosses him over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He cranes his neck up and watches the witchling and Kid fly away as he bounces up and down to the rhythm of Savant's gait, trying to gauge the direction the dragon is flying.

OOC Comments
  • auto fails fear check and gets +1 benny
  • Gains Altaran Mount as his personal conveyance :)

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
She was frowning trying to figure out a way for the survivors to be able to take their dead when Chase posed his question. She looked to see only a speck. That can't be good. She looks at Penny as the thought goes through her mind. I'm not even sure I could get us that far. How does one catch a dragon? She hadn't said a word but concern was definitely etched on her face.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 127
Reply with quote
Penny pumped her fist quietly as the news came that the survivors would be able to make it to the town. Her celebration was cut short by seeing Kidemonas take to the air. She was on the radio like a shot. She squinted, her one cybernetic eye zooming in to try and make out details.

"Savant, Langdon, this is Penny, what is going on over there? Kidemonas, do you have a radio on you? Do you read?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Penny is also using her Common Bond edge to make her bennies available to any who can hear her over the radio, in case anyone can use 'em.

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.