View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:04 pm



Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tome of Destiny Act 3 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
As Savant and Langdon were faced with Kidemonas, the sensible action was taken by possibly more luck than complete understanding of the situation. Savant carried Langdon to safety, moving behind some nearby rocks.

Kidemonas could feel his body move, doing what his brain commanded it to, but not in control. He heard a voice inside his head, whispering to him, telling him, the most powerful of young dragons, what to do.

Arise oh mighty dragon. Now we shall take the power in Glimmer Valley for our own

Involuntarily, his wings began to flap and he found himself flying alongside Alixia, who landed atop his back, using his understandably greater speed.
In the distance, Heracles could see something was amiss and charged towards the campsite, but was not in time as Kidemonas rose into the air and began flying away, ignoring his former companions and flying into the distance.

The four of them could hear their Commander Penny’s voice over the radio, trying to find out what was happening.
From both the campsite and where the survivors were, they could see Kidemonas making a direct line towards a high, rocky mountain rising up to the North, sheltering a narrow valley beneath.
From what notes remained of the journal, you think that must be Glimmer Valley.

Kidemonas could sense another one of his kind was near and he could feel certain Draconic instincts taking over; he wanted to challenge this dragon and prove his might. It wouldn’t take much from Alixia to make him fight the dragon ahead.

OOC Comments
To catch up with Kidemonas
Drive check for the drivers – Mica and Freya (though as they don’t seem to be around at the moment, if Penny would like to roll for Freya instead)
- 2 penalty if you are diverting to collect Heracles, Savant and Langdon enroute
Success – Arrive in time just after Kidemonas (1 round after) arrives having escaped causing damage to your vehicle in the terrain
Failure – minor damage – 1 wound to the vehicle
Critical failure – 1 wound and catastrophic failure – roll on chart

For the purposes of maintaining powers, this takes a total of four rounds for the journey


As you speed through the terrain, in the distance you can see first the main Coalition forces moving along. You will definitely get there before them, but it will not be that long before they reach Glimmer Valley themselves.

OOC Comments
Notice roll – 2
Success– there is an advance patrol ahead.
Raise – they will arrive after you, but it will at most be a few minutes behind at their current speed.


As you pursue Alixia and the captive Kidemonas, you see him land in the valley, but just as he does so those of you just outside the valley feel a change in air pressure, not unlike a storm, but without any obvious physical effects. Whatever it was, seems to have come from emanated from the valley like a wave.

OOC Comments
If any of the Losers use the detect arcana power, they discover the area is rich with chaotic and undirected magic.

With a successful Knowledge (Magic) roll, the character understands someone has been experimenting with an extremely powerful and complex spell—but the spell was not cast correctly.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Without specifically looking for it, this valley would be well-hidden by the mountain’s bulk. The location itself is verdant and overgrown. A thin dirt track winds down into the depths of the area and ends at the mouth of what looks to be a large cave opening .

A flicker of light gleams from within the cavern entrance, building to a near strobelike intensity, as if a lightning bolt struck and rebounded from the rocks within. There is no accompanying thunderclap, but the air pressure definitely changes. As the crackling slowly dies down, you all hear a deep, resonant voice speaking from within the cave: “Drat. That…did not go as I expected.”

As Kidemonas arrives, he roars a challenge attracting the attention the Dragon inside cave. Seeing Kidemonas, he looks around and roars a response.

AGAIN!!! the Dragon inside roared, "I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU OR THIS FOUL BEING YOU HAVE ENSNARED IN YOUR PLOT TO TAKE THE MEGANOMICON."

With that, he launches himself out of the cave, straight at Kidemonas.
Attachment:
dragon-fighting-1.jpeg
dragon-fighting-1.jpeg [ 94.84 KiB | Viewed 3250 times ]

Initiative
Nyxil 1d54 = 12 (12) KS Parry: 7; Toughness: 44 (20) Size +8
Alixia 1d54 = 48 (48) 10D Parry: 5; Toughness: 11 (5)
Kidemonas 1d54 = 14 (14) 2H


Fighting 1d10 = 10 (10) ace 1d10 = 6 (6) - total 16
1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

If he hits 1d12+8 = 17 (9) 3d8 = 10 (3, 4, 3) AP8
raise 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 5 (5) total 38 AP8

As the other dragon smashed into Kidemonas, Alixia disappeared from sight.

Now Kidemonas' turn

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:42 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 8 (4)

Vigor 1d12-3 = -1 (2)
Wild Vigor 1d6-3 = -2 (1)
Bah! Fatigue! (One level)

Note: I'm assuming that Savant and Langdon are about one round behind Kidemonas, in terms of arriving at the scene of the battle. So the first round should just be the folks with initiative cards.




Jogging along the hilly terrain, Savant carries Langdon; even her MOM-enhanced Altaran physique is a bit stressed by the load, but she's managing to keep pace (mostly) with the airborne enslaved Dragon Hatchling. Over her radio, she says, "Penny, Kidemonas has been ensorcelled by a Witchling. Foul, nasty thing, doesn't even abide by the laws of gravity. I think it's planning on using him to fight another dragon so it can claim the book for itself. Use my signal to track our course; we'll meet you at the valley. I've got Langdon, he's fine!"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Kidemónas's Soak roll = 10, takes 2 Wounds
Vigor 1d12 = 10 (10)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

Spirit Roll to unshake = Fail, used benny
Spirit 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

Kidemónas roars in pain as the claws and teeth of this other dragon slide easily into his flesh. The pain is enough to distract him causing him to lose focus on the battle as his mind reals. Stumbling back Kidemónas has trouble understanding how this is possible, he is the biggest and strongest dragon. But somehow this dragon has injured him. With a roar he attacks with claw and tooth putting everything he has into it hoping even one of his attacks can dislodge this creature from its pride thinking it could defeat the greatest of all dragons. "ROAAAAR"
However even with his fieriest and most powerful effort he is unable to score even a glancing blow on the older and superior dragon.

Claw, claw, Bite
Rapid Attack -4, Wild Attack +2, Wound -2 (not likely any will hit this dragon with its higher parry, but this is how Kidemónas rolls and he may need to learn this lesson.
Fighting 1d6-4 = -1 (3)
Fighting 1d6-4 = -3 (1)
Fighting 1d6-4 = 1 (5)
Wild 1d6-4 = 1 (5)

.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Penny trusts to the survivors to take care of themselves for a moment, and gets everyone into the ATV and guns it. "Savant, acknowledged, we'll meet you there. Everyone! Hang on!"

Once the crew arrives, Penny gets on the megaphone and tries to talk Kide down. "Kidemonas, this is Pennywise." She paused, and chuckled. "Just Penny, really. (It's cute how you conflate the whole thing.) Kidemonas, whatever's in your head, it is your head, no one else's. Are you going to let someone else tell you who and what you are?"

OOC Comments
Notice Check: 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Drive check: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort from Benny: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Using Common Bond to let Kide use of my last benny to try and break free.

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
"Um, it looks like they might need my help right now." She tells the survivors then gets on the ATV with Penny. As soon as they are within range to detect it, her Blessed Sight tells her something has been going on.

Knowledge (Arcana) 7
1d4 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Die Exploded 1d6 = 1 (1)


She calls over the sounds of their travel "Someone is messing with spells and failed. I'm not sure who is doing this but we should be careful in case they are an enemy."

While Penny tries to talk Kidemonas down, Sula calls upon Eir to grant her prayer for a Mega Counter Jolt (Exalted Dispel with Jolt trapping).

Mysticism 13
1d10+1 = 11 (10)
Exploded Die 1d10 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 6 (5)

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles looked confused for a moment. Then the creature revealed itself for what it was and he let out a disgusted gasp! "Treacherous deceiv-!" But she was already gone. He frowned and let out a little huff, miffed that the person had flown away and stolen their friend...not to mention his thunder. He let out a small growl and shook it off.

He stretched his legs a little as he watched Savant pick up Langdon, like a runner getting ready for a race. He gave a shrug and the two of them began to run after their young dragon friend. He edged out a little faster than Savant, but that was mostly owed to the armor he wore likely. Otherwise, he thought they would be evenly matched. He let out a laugh at the pure joy of running, resisting a weird sudden urge to drop to all fours. Where had THAT come from? Must be a holdover from all his father's crazy animal shapeshifting shenanigans!

His arms and legs pumped in a good rhythm as he ran, like he was a trained runner, almost automatically avoiding potential obstacles or leaping over others. He heard things over the radio but for the moment he saved his breath, and concentration, for running. He had a friend in trouble and he would be damned if he would let a friend down!

Notice 2 or 4
+2 to total, additional +2 if olfactory matters. Detect Arcana, interpreted as scent too but I can roll that separately if you prefer.
Notice die 1d8 = 2 (2), Wild die 1d6 = 2 (2).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common=8 Notice=5
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Notice: 1d6 = 1 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5 (5)

K-Arcana=6
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 = 3 (3)
-Extra Effort -1 benny: 1d6 = 3 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Lang finally worms his way out of Savant's iron grip as they meet up with the rest of the gang. The arcane atmosphere feels wrong, spoiled somehow. Like a miscast spell but...powerful. More powerful than anything Lang has ever encountered before. Over the radio he says,">>Be advised: I sense that a powerful magic has been miscast in this area. I think we're close.<<"

Though the witchling is invisible again, his armor's darksight is still active so he can still see her with ease. "I can still see the witch demon. Over there," he points at it and readies his C-12 rifle. ">>We need to take it out to free Kid's mind.<<" And hope that other dragon calms down or we can take it down before it fries us.

summary
  • Still active: Exalted Darksight: (immune to all lighting penalties, blind and obscure, and can see invisible)
    Trapping: Helmet visor turns black and magic-based targeting system adds a +1 bonus to hit, +2 with a raise
  • used benny for EE on k-arcana roll

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Posted on players behalf while player is missing.

Getting there is a hurry was important and Freya did not want to let anyone down. She went ahead and pushed herself a little knowing there was risk, but it mattered.

Driving 4 Success
Driving 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4


Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:14 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Notice 4 Driving 10
Notice 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

Driving 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Ace 1d6 = 4 (4)


Mica races her bike over to the valley where the dragons are fighting. She scans the area as she travels and spots the advanced Coalition unit. "We got incoming." she states over the radio. As she closes in, she switches over to power armor mode.

_________________


Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Quote:
Weather: bright
Leylines - none within one mile
terrain - rocky - uneven


The rest of the Losers burst over the brow of the valley just in time; Freya's Zone Ranger and Mica's bike hurtling in at speed, but with some decent driving, managing to avoid damage to their vehicles. Savant and Heracles, having less distance to run, come following in behind, Langdon still indignantly draped over Savant's shoulder.

Kidemonas' charge of fury was not going well as the rest of you are greeted with the sight of two large Dragons embroiled in hand to hand combat, with Kidemonas bleeding profusely from several wounds and the other larger dragon looking completely untouched and looking like he was about to apply a finishing blow to the young hatchling.

"MORE OF YOU?" he bellows as he sees your vehicles, FINE, I SHALL DEAL WITH YOU IN A MOMENT AFTER I HAVE DISPOSED OF THIS WRETCHED AMBUSHER.



Initiative
Mica 1d54 = 37 (37) reroll 1d54 = 12 (12) KS
Freya 1d54 = 50 (50) KD
Penny 1d54 = 37 (37) QC
Heracles 1d54 = 49 (49) JD


Nyxil 1d54 = 34 (34) 9C
Alixia 1d54 = 6 (6) 7S

Savant - Quick 1d54 = 19 (19) 7H
Kidemonas 1d54 = 17 (17) 5H
Langdon 1d54 = 30 (30) 5C
Sula 1d54 = 15 (15) 3H


OOC Comments
Savant, make a vigour roll at -3 for your run carrying Langdon.
Remember everyone with active effects to deduct PPE for 3 rounds of travel and for this round as well.
Freya and Mica - you are coming in at near full speed. A driving roll is needed to slow down quickly. If you continue straight, you are fine for another turn before hitting the cliff face.

Currently, only Langdon and Savant can definitely find Alixia (-2 penalty to spot her exact position due to two rampaging Dragons between you and her.) Success means you can see her near the cave entrance about to go inside.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:18 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles had no wish to fight his ally and friend. A dragon was a fearsome foe, however, and not to be trifled with. And yet, his mind searched for alternatives, trying to find something, some way, he could be of aid in the fight without overly harming his friend. He frowned and nodded to himself. It wouldn't hold long, most likely, but he had to try.

He focused his psionic energy (his divine gift, in his mind). He felt the battle-fury quickly overtake him, speeding his movements and his reactions. He felt the strength and skill of his ancestors fill his body and his mind. He burst forward and leaped towards the dragons. But he targeted his friend! He reached out smacked in to his friend full-bore, reaching and pulling at one of the forelimbs, trying to find a hold on the much-larger creature than he.

He pleaded with his friend, "Please calm down! I have no wish to fight you or harm you!" Grimace. "...or be harmed by you..."


OOC Comments
Split the Seconds, 2 actions.

Action 1: Activate Boost Fighting: Total 6.
Spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 to the roll.
Psionics die 1d8 = 5 (5), Wild die 1d6 = 5 (5).

Lose It as a free action.

Move to no-longer-friendly dragon (Kid).

Action 2: Initiate grapple: 9 or 10 (if gang up applies).
+2 for Berserk.
+2 to hit due to Kid's size (I believe).
+1 to Gang up (sorry Kid) with 2nd dragon).
Fighting die 1d10 = 5 (5), Wild die 1d6 = 4 (4).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Last edited by Heracles on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Fighting Contest Versus Grapple = 27
If GM allows normal grapple here is Kid's roll. I doubt there is much concern for now with only d6 Fighting.
Fighting 1d6 = 4 (4)
Fighting Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) + Ace 1d6 = 6 (6) + Ace 1d6+12 = 18 (6) + Ace 1d6+18 = 24 (6) + Ace 1d6+24 = 27 (3)

As his little friend comes in running and grabs onto Kid's leg he assumes he must be trying to climb up or something. But now is no time for giving rides, this other dragon was dangerous and Herc could get hurt. Shaking him off Kidemonas gives a roar to warn Heracles back from getting himself injured as he finds he is still unable to voice words..

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Driving 4 Pilot 11 notice 5
Mica uses her action to switch into Battliod mode

Driving 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

Piloting 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


Notice 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Mica switches into her Power Armor mode and hits the retro jets to slow herself down to a stop before she face plants the cliff face. She then looks around the valley to assess the situation.

_________________


Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:35 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common=16 Notice=11
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE2: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Notice: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Langdon keeps his eyes on the witchling as she move towards the cave entrance. He keys open his radio to everyone but Kidemonas, ">>I'm going after the demon. I can see her and my C-12 isn't going to get through that dragon's hide anyway.<<"

spellcasting=4 stealth=5
burrow power (non-mega version) = Raises his hands above his head and appears to 'dissolve' into dust that drops into the soil and reforms elsewhere from the ground up - only works when standing on raw earth
Power Points: 3
Range: Smarts x 2 (20)
Duration: 3 (2/round)

Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 4 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Stealth: 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


Without waiting for permission he engages his TW belt's tunneling magic and burrows under the battling dragons in the direction of the cave entrance while trying to stay out of sight of the witch for now.

summary
  • activate burrow power and move to a stealthy spot close to where the witch is heading (burrowing pace is up to 20 per round)
  • -3 PP

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
As Penny drives up, the rest of the crew in tow, she takes one look at Kide's wounds and the other dragon attacking him, and grabs for the loudspeaker. She zooms in with her cybernetic eye to get a better look at the melee.

"Kidemonas! This is Penny. Get out of there, you're too wounded. That's an order. And you - " She turned her attentions to the other dragon. "I don't know who you are, so I'll amend that by introducing myself. I'm Commander Penny Wise of the Tomorrow Legion and I very specifically do not have time for this today. Identify yourself and stand down immediately."

She tapped the earpiece wired into the radio frequency the team was using. "Anyone got any updates as to what the hell's going on? Talk to me, please."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Persuasion to try and defuse the situation: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
((Posting for Freya))



Freya jumps out of the vehicle and tries to set up a force-field with her projector between the 2 dragons to buy the bleeding Kidemonas some time.

TW=8 success w/ raise
(Normal, not Mega; base 10 Toughness of barrier; 1 section directly between Kid and Nyxil; cost 2 PP; Duration: 3 (1/per section per round)
TW: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4


Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
In an attempt to save Kidemónas, Heracles continues his run and attempts to grapple the ensnared dragon, but Kidemonas merely shakes a claw easily dislodging the Dog boy.

Mica races forward coming to a screeching halt near the cliff face. You can see that there is a cave that looks to have been inhabited recently.

Freya whilst continuing to drive slows down as she creates a barrier between the two dragons as she passes.

Penny calls for Kidemónas to cease, but the crazed look in his eyes says he is not. The other dragon hears her words and Heracles' attempt to restrain Kidemónas and refrains from continuing his attack.

"There was another with him. Where did she go?"

Next block up

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:43 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)


Still locked in his mind Kidemónas rages against this strange dragon. His inner mind wishing to pause and heal himself, but something overpowering his thought forcing him to fight recklessly.
The barrier in front of him caused nothing but rage as he reached out and began tearing it apart.

Fighting 5 = hit for 23 damage, destroying one 6' by 10' section of the wall
Wild Attack +2, Wounded -2
Fighting 1d6 = 5 (5)
Fighting Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

Damage 1d12+7 = 9 (2) + 2 + 3d6 = 12 (5, 3, 4)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:37 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice @-2: 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Notice: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Actually a 4, because Fatigue.

So, 30" from the Witchling....

Action 1: Move 12" + Run Die forward, Quick-Draw and shoot C-12 Rifle for a 3RB.
Run Die Total Distance 1d6+12 = 16 (4)
Shooting (Close Range, -2 MAP for running, +2 for 3RB) 1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild Shooting 1d10 = 3 (3)
So, that's a 2 after Fatigue

Action 2: Fire again, because I can, also a 3RB.
Shooting (Close Range, +2 3RB) 1d10+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
And... that's 4 after fatigue.
Damage 3d6+3 = 18 (6, 6, 3)
ACES Running Total 2d6+18 = 28 (4, 6)
ACE Running Total 1d6+28 = 30 (2)


Uh... Good thing no one is standing right next to her... :P Otherwise, both rolls would be involving Innocent Bystanders....

As it is, she does hit with the Wild die for 30 damage on the second shot.

.


Savant, chest heaving violently from the exertion of hauling Langdon to the battle-site, gives a howl of rage as she sees the vile creature trying to get to the cave. "There! The fiend almost has the book!"

She dashes forward at top speed, closing the distance as she whips out the C-12 Laser rifle. She fires in a rapid barrage--but her shots go wild, missing completely. Trying to compose herself, she takes a single breath and fires again, this time striking true. She howls again as the shot blazes briefly across the Witchling's chest.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Dispel Targeted - Kidemonas : 6
Mysticism Dispel 1d10-1 = 5 (6) +1 Staff - 2 different magic school
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 2 (3)

Spend 1 Bennie for Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 6 (1)


Once they are close enough she points her staff at Kidemonas murmuring a quiet prayer.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Last edited by Sula on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:45 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Kidemonas continues his attempts to attack the other dragon, but as he tries to rend the other asunder, he finds himself smashing into and through, such is his strength, a barrier between the two of them. He manages to destroy it, but finds his attack blunted and unable to continue after his opponent.

OOC Comments
Barrier is destroyed


Langdon disappears into the ground, as Savant rushes forward and opens fire at an area that to the rest of you appears to be empty. Some of the shots go awry and if anybody had been close by, they would have been hit instead. However, one blast strikes true; there is a scream of great pain

As Langdon reappears out of the ground, he sees a spray of blood on the floor and up the cliff face as he sees Alixia disappear around the edge of the valley and away.

OOC Comments
Technically Alixia is incapacitated, but GM fiat that she is able to flee. Now technically Savant should go after her being bloodthirsty, but that will take him out of the finale.


OOC Comments
Spell resist - now with a ton of penalties from injuries, so failed.
1d10 = 7 (7)
1d6 = 1 (1)

Vigour check
1d8 = 8 (8)
ace 1d8 = 3 (3)
1d6 = 1 (1)


Sula's spell engulfs Kidemonas, the other dragon moves forward as she does so, some of the magic washing over him also.

Kidemonas' mind is suddenly clear and is free to act again, though instinctively he does not like the other dragon. However, his wounds demonstrate that it would not be wise to continue this battle

OOC Comments
no longer under Puppet


The other dragon looks at bits of him that the dispel effect covered and sighs.
"Pity," he says with a low voice, before turning his attention to the others
"Who are you?" he asks, with a low rumble, "despite this one's actions, you do not strike me as foes. Come into my cavern so we may talk."


Inside the cavern, a warm fire illuminates the bare rock, revealing a sizeable inner chamber. Taking up most of the room is a 30-foot long dragon! Its scales are a burnished crimson in color, its eyes gleam like emeralds, and it is now staring very curiously at a large book resting open atop a boulder.

The book glows with a soft silver light; it is clearly a large tome, as hefty and thick as several regular books placed together, and strange, pulsing symbols shine out from under the cover.

"Now what brings you here?"

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Lang's body reconstitutes itself near the witchling just in time for him to see it get hit by a withering hail of laser fire from Savant. Though relieved that Kidemonas should now be free from the demon's mind control, part of him privately laments that he was not able to follow the demon to the dragon's lair while Nyxil was still preoccupied with the rest of the 3rd SET. But after seeing the way Nyxil was carving through Kidemonas, Lang isn't eager to test the large dragon's benevolence by trying to steal from the wyrm's lair right in front of him.

Damn. So close.

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
1 Level of Fatigue
Current Ammo: 1 empty Long Clip, 1 full Long Clip, 1 Long Clip with 54/60 shots remaining on the C-12; 3 full Short Clips for the Wilks' Pistol.

Notice 1d4+3 = 6 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6+3 = 5 (2)


Common Knowledge 1d6-1 = 3 (4)
Wild CK 1d6-1 = 3 (4)



It is, perhaps, fortunate that Savant hadn't gotten close enough to the Witchling to be able to engage in close combat with the fiend; if she had, she'd probably still be chasing the monstrosity through the valley. Instead, a simple command from Penny to stand down was sufficient to keep her from dashing off in a murderous frenzy. Though it's possible this was also influenced by the fact that she still hasn't fully caught her breath.

Once the other dragon leads them inside the cavern, Savant takes up a position as close to the entrance as she can (ideally, right at the mouth of the cave) while still being able to hear the conversation; she still has her rifle out, selector still set to burst fire, and scanning the horizon with her scope.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sula sighs in relief when the hold on the dragon is obviously broken. "I am Sula, a healer searching for my brother. I was given a vision to seek out this group and had just found them when we were brought here by whoever it was that was controlling our friend. I don't suppose you have seen another like me?" The book makes her curious but even as she speaks she moves to work on healing their dragon friend. Caring for the wounded must come before anything else. She carefully looks over the wounds and touches her horn to them carefully.


Healing Touch 12+
Mysticism 1d10+1 = 11 (10)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 4 (3)

Exploded Die 1d10+11 = 12 (1)
Note that she also gets an auto raise on success if it matters

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d8 = 3 (3)
wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


Mica comes into the cave still wearing the cyclone. she opens the visor to her helmet. She nods to the dragon in aknowledgement and then turns to watch for the others to arrive in the cave.

_________________


Last edited by Mica Nowel on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles was easily rebuffed by the large dragon. It was about the same size as the multi-headed hydra he had defeated - and THAT had been quite a challenge! - but a dragon was different proportions and shape and it momentarily thrown off his fighting. It was also tough to WRESTLE a large reptile rather than just attacking. He stayed on the ground for a moment, attempting to calm himself, pounding at the ground and his chest for his laughable failure to subdue his mind-controlled friend.

Savant seemed to drive off or kill the witchlady, and the two dragons calmed down. Heracles' blood was still up, however. He was breathing heavily and eyed Savant. He knew she must still feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins as well. It was far too short a fight for their kind - warrior-born. There were other activities to take the 'edge' off, as it were, but that didn't seem appropriate, nor was he entirely sure if he and she were up for that sort of thing, even casually.

He stood up, the berserker rage leaving him slowly, blinked as golden light first, then a variety of colors, seemed to swirl around Savant as he looked at her. Was Apollo trying to tell him something? Was this a trick? Or perhaps Savant was using her abilities? He walked away from the cave a short distance - he had excellent hearing and would likely catch most of the conversation regardless, but he didn't trust himself to be involved at the moment.

Something was off. He couldn't put his finger on it. He suspected the witchling was still nearby, watching, waiting. Or perhaps Hera was going to spring one of her famous deadly tricks on him. He couldn't let his guard down, not for a moment!


Getting It Together
Smarts die 1d10 = 3 (3), Wild die 1d6 = 1 (1).
IGNORE: 2nd Attempt: Smarts die 1d10 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 5 (5).
Time to Get It Together in Hours: 1d6 = 4 (4).

Notice
+1 to total, +2 additional if scent applies.
Notice die 1d8 = 6 (6) Wild die 1d6 = 1 (1).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 3, looking for the Coalition force to ensure we are safe
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
no benny for EE


His adrenaline still pumping and flowing through his body Kidemónas was pissed and angry in a way he did not understand. That little witch thing took over his mind easily and he was completely unable to resist. Then his friends had to save him from the other dragon, when he was the strongest dragon. He was the one who was supposed to save them. Everything from beginning to end even his wounds being so bad he needed healed was enough that the more Kidemónas thought the madder he became. Storming around walking in circles and pacing the others kept looking at him.
Kidemónas did not understand the emotion going through him, but he knew he hated this feeling. Looking and realizing they all likely thought he was not the strongest dragon Kidemónas could not handle it any more. "I have to look for other dangers." He said his voice shaky as he flew away, looking for the Coalition or other mosnters or anything but pitty in the eyes of his friends.

Explanation
Kidemónas is very embarrassed, but as a he is in preadolescence he does not understand the emotion and has not yet developed the tools for dealing with it.

Condition
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3 (healed by Sula)
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 0
ACTIVE EFFECTS
    None

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Penny was wary around the dragon, but it had broken off combat - and a quick check with the other members of the team let her know that it was a misunderstanding.

"Heracles, can you do me a favor and make sure our witchling friend doesn't return or we don't have any unwelcome guests? And Kidemonas might want someone to talk to, as well. He looks pretty upset. If you're not up for it, let me know and we can send someone else." Penny wondered internally if setting the MOM enhancile out to pep talk Kidemonas was a bad idea waiting to turn into a worse one, but the two of them seemed to get along okay - and they needed a second pair of eyes out there regardless.

Their bases covered, Penny started to talk to the dragon, being careful with how much to reveal. She decided to let the dragon know who they were and that they were racing the Coalition for something, but not to divulge just what it was. "I'm Penny, and these are my cohorts - " She introduced each in turn. "We're from the Tomorrow Legion, and we've been sent on a quest. We're in a race against time against the Coalition, and we're trying to beat them to something that's priceless and very important."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Persuasion: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Exalted Darksight and Exalted Detect Arcana active; K-common= 9 Notice= 5
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 1 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5 (5)


As he enters Nyxil's cave, Langdon methodically scans every nook and cranny with his armor's active shadowsight spell as he also casts truesight on top of that.
Spellcasting= 4
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 4 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Kidemónas wrote:
"I have to look for other dangers."


Langdon steps aside to let Kidemónas pass as the young dragon exits the cave. "If you see anything, call us immediately." He then gives Kid a smile and jokes in a friendly manner, "No more heroics, ok?"

Penny wrote:
"We're from the Tomorrow Legion, and we've been sent on a quest. We're in a race against time against the Coalition, and we're trying to beat them to something that's priceless and very important."


While Penny talks to the dragon, Langdon's eyes are inexorably drawn to the book on the boulder. Could it be...?

K-Arcana= 5
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 = 2 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5 (5)


summary
[*]cast exalted detect arcana for 4 PPE and examines the cave/dragon/book (also still has exalted darksight active)

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sensing how upset he is as she heals him, Sula quietly mentions, "Witchlings aren't very good at driving dragons. So of course your fighting wasn't as good as it should be when she was making you fight. You didn't want to fight in the first place."

She doesn't try to stop the dragon from leaving, however. She knows he must still work out his emotions for himself.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Langdon can see the book glows with a soft silver light; it is clearly a large tome, as hefty and thick as several regular books placed together, and strange, pulsing symbols shine out from under the cover. It doesn’t take much knowledge to tell him that this book is magical. Its exact nature would require him to get up close to examine it though.

However, he can still feel the presence of chaotic, undiluted magic in the area.

OOC Comments
A benny for Langdon if his greed makes him want to take the book



Sula wrote:
"I am Sula, a healer searching for my brother. I was given a vision to seek out this group and had just found them when we were brought here by whoever it was that was controlling our friend. I don't suppose you have seen another like me


Nyxil regards Sula before responding, regretfully.

"I am afraid I have never seen anyone quite like you before."

Nyxil listens to Penny intently, but his eyes obviously scan the part, assessing them.

Penny Wise wrote:
I'm Penny, and these are my cohorts - " She introduced each in turn. "We're from the Tomorrow Legion, and we've been sent on a quest. We're in a race against time against the Coalition, and we're trying to beat them to something that's priceless and very important."


OOC Comments
Notice – his gaze settles the longest on Langdon


He shifts his large body slightly and taps a claw on the book.

“I believe that this is what you seek. It is my theory that this book is the Meganomicon; a powerful spell book containing many magical secrets, including s Spell of Legend. Perhaps if there had been time, it might have been used to save Tolkeen or at least more of its people. Alas, I was only able to save one and even he was afflicted by the presence of the book. As your friends might have already noticed, there is something a little odd about this area."

The dragon’s expressive face displays embarrassment as he speaks . “That…was my attempt to reverse the effects of an earlier failure.” Nyxil scratches at the side of his head with a single claw thoughtfully. “You see, the book contains a Spell of Legend—an enchantment beyond any normal sorcery. I tried to cast it, but something went wrong… and now, some of my draconic abilities are gone.”
Nyxil takes a deep breath.
“Perhaps forever.”

“So you see,” the dragon continues, pointing his claw at the glowing tome, “this is a very dangerous book. Its secrets are exceptional…but it must be hidden away until Rifts Earth is ready to handle such power.” Nyxil looks somewhat proud of himself as he finishes.

"As you have seen, many covet this book, that members of your team have already fallen under their influence, so I alone must take it away."


As Kidemonas and Heracles take to the air, there is a swooshing noise just before their heads clear the top of the valley. Mica’s sensors squawk to life just as a missile shoots overhead, impacting into the cliff face.
OOC Comments
You lot can't roll notice to save your lives sometimes :lol:


Rocks come raining down, as Mica manages to get out of the way just in time.

Inside the cave, as you debate, there’s suddenly a loud explosion near the mouth of the cave, bringing down fine rock dust from the ceiling. The Coalition has caught up with you, and if you don’t do something soon, they could bring the entire cave down on top of you.

The cliff face will not be able to take many more hits like that before it comes crashing down.

At the edge of the valley, the black-armored forms of Coalition soldiers swarm down the gentle hills of the valley. A suit of SAMAS power armour soars overhead, its loudspeakers broadcasting a determined male voice.
“This is Lieutenant Sebastian Cross of the Coalition Military. This is your one chance to walk away from this alive—give us the book, now!”

OOC Comments
notice success At the front is a squad of 10 skelebots in staggered formation, with another squad of Coalition grunts setting up a rocket launcher behind them.
Raise - flanking round the side are a squad of Dogboys and


This must be the advance party that attacked the survivors you met earlier.

Nyxil looks alarmed

“I do not know if it was your presence that alerted them or my own efforts, but that does not matter. I do not know the capabilities of your group, but my abilities are limited at the moment.
Should we stay and fight or try to flee? Either way, if you are able to protect me, I will be able to cast the spell of Legend upon the Coalition forces, but it will take a few moments for me to do so. This book must not fall into the hands of the Coalition."



OOC Comments
It will take three turns for Nyxil to cast the spell
You have a choice of either fighting the Coalition forces or retreating to give Nyxil time to cast.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
One Level Fatigue

Notice 1d4+3 = 4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6+3 = 8 (5)


As the barrage comes, Savant also hears the unmistakeable sounds of Dog-boys chuffing and snuffling, and the sibilant commands typical of a Psi-Stalker, coming from the flank. She waits for Penny's orders on the matter, but keeps her rifle ready to shoot anyone who steps into her field of fire who is not part of the SET.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Yeah, we really can't notice things to save our lives, literally. Heh.


Sula's disappointment at the dragon's negative reply could not last long with the explosion sounding on the cliff face redirecting her worries. She only saw the main force but that was enough to be problematic. Well, at least they did arrive before the Coalition. "Perhaps if we decline their invitation and then I teleport us out to an area that we are hidden, they will attack the cliff and think they have buried us. It will take some time digging before they discovered we are not there if we are able to get far enough away. I tend to be quieter for a small bit after I move in such a manner."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:57 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
Savant interjects. "I fear the DogBoys and their Psi-Stalker 'handler' coming from the flank would probably be able to sniff out the Book anywhere it went, and that's assuming they did not simply detect the teleportation itself. That said, if the commander says we should flee," she goes on, looking disappointed but resigned at the idea that Penny might order a retreat, "an initial jump such as you describe could at least get us some distance away."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)

Sensor suite added +2 to notice


Mica closes her visor back down and scans the coalition troops with her sensors. Over the radio, "10 skelies, a squad of grunts with a launcher, plus a flanking squad of wolf dudes and some jedi." I guess Robotech universe had the Star Wars franchise in it too.

_________________


Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
"Oh. I'm afraid I missed that anyone who could sniff it was there. I thought it was just basic troups." She frowns at her own lack of observation skills. It really made sense that a magic sniffer would be around given the book they were looking for. She shakes her head that she hadn't thought of that.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Last edited by Sula on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
The missile missing Kidemonas sends him spinning as he looks for the source. Then hearing the discussion over the radio Kidemonas is curious. Was there going to be another battle, his friends would need him again. Well, maybe. They had a bigger dragon now so maybe they wouldn't need him. But he could not let them fight without him. Turning back he raced to join up with them as soon as possible. Sula was right, he was under that Witches control and of course on his own he would have fought better and not been restraining himself. Really Nyxil is lucky to be alive when you think about it.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common=8 Notice=3
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 8 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Notice: 1d6 = 3 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Behind his armor's enchanted faceplate Langdon's eyes remain locked on the book as Nyxil fills them in on his predicament. More than anything he just wants to snag the book and whisk it away to some isolated place where he can plumb its depths and peel away its hidden knowledge for himself. Nyxil's claw hovering but a few inches over the book is an annoying reminder that Lang's chances of committing open thievery under the watchful eyes of a dragon in his own lair is probably suicidal at best.

CS wrote:
“This is Lieutenant Sebastian Cross of the Coalition Military. This is your one chance to walk away from this alive—give us the book, now!”


Spellcasting=8
Speak Languages (1 ppe, 10 minutes)

Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 8 (6)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


The CS missile slamming into the cliff side suddenly gives Lang a desperate idea and he decides to roll the dice. He squares up to the dragon and taps his custom TW comm band wrapped around his head and speaks to Nyxil in the dragon's mother tongue.

Persuasion=15
Persuasion +7 TW band/CHA: 1d6+7 = 12 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6+7 = 13 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 2 (2)


[[in Draconic:]] "Venerable Nyxil, my name is Langdon Steed and I am a member of the Special Forces of the free city of Dweomer. My companions here are unaware of this, which is why I am now speaking to you in your tongue. I tell you this both as a sign of respect and because I want you to know who it is you are truly dealing with.

"You and I both know it would be catastrophic to let this book fall into the hands of the vile Coalition. And we also know your chances of completing this spell now, under the stress of a CS attack, will be even less than they were when you failed to cast it earlier. You mentioned the failed casting cost you dearly...there is no telling what a second failure in such a short period could do to you.

"With that in mind I suggest this alternative - that I attempt the casting of this spell. This will leave you free to help the rest of my squad fight the CS forces. I am low on my inner reserves, and lack offensive spells anyway. Surely the might of a dragon such as yourself will be of greater use in battle than my rifle.

"And if the unthinkable should happen - that your might combined with rest of my companions is not enough to win the day - then I will use the last of my reserves to cast a tunneling spell that will allow me to escape this cave and keep this book out of the Coalition's grasp. I will then make haste straight to Dweomer where the book can be safely secured."


OOC Comments
-1 ppe for speak tongues spell from TW comm band

+1 benny for going for the book (?)

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Langdon, are you sure? Nyxil's studied it more than you have, and we're very short on time." Penny then turned to Sula, frowning as she went over their options. "A jump might also leave you drained, Sula, and we'll need your magical skills. How much energy will you have left if you jump us all? Can you jump us all?"

She got on the radio with the others. "Team, if they engage, fight defensively. Give whoever's going to cast the spell enough time to cast it. We don't have the firepower to go head to head with them - they've almost certainly radioed their position by now. Get into flanking positions and prepare to engage if they get too close."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:00 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles stopped at the cave entrance as Penny called out to him. He looked at her for a moment, eyes narrowed. Did she truly want his assistance? Or was she merely trying to get rid of him for a deal with the dragon about the book. The book was dangerous, he knew that might. He could feel it in his gut. It should be destroyed.

He turned on his heel and kept heading out of the cave as he had been walking towards before stopped. He angled away from where he'd been intending to walk, however, and walked towards the young dragon. He opened his mouth but Kid took flight, leaving Heracles standing on the ground. He let out a long, quiet sigh, his frustration mounting.

"Heracles, do this. Heracles, do that. It might as well be 'Heracles, wash the dishes', 'Heracles, do the laundry.' Bah!"

His frustrated musings were interrupted by the Minions of Hades arriving, and announcing themselves in explosive fashion! His head whipped around to glare at them. He let out a growl of anger, especially at being called to heel. He wanted nothing more than to charge the skeletal minions and the dead men, crushing them. But was Hades working with Hera? Was yonder book that important? He stayed his hand for the time being, staying out of the cave. He moved to the side to get to a potential flanking angle.

"We should attack them and the book should be destroyed. We cannot let it fall in to the wrong hands."


Notice 5
+1 to total, +2 additional if scent applies.
Notice die 1d8 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 3 (3).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
I can carry us all. It would- *She pauses as she hears Heracles, realizing that he is not, in fact with Kidemonas. She wouldn't leave him to face the Coalition alone.*

It would be a bit tiring but I can work through that. As for how draining, that would depend on the distance. I would be doing it blind which is still possible though with some risk. I can't teleport you into a rock but if a rock happened to be where I was trying to go we would bounce back here and it might hurt a bit. Though it would also be rather visually obvious when Heracles disappears from in front of them.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Okay. If you can blip us all, let's do that. Buy us some time to use this spell of... whatever. Do we need to link hands, or...?"

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Nyxil looks alarmed at Langdon's suggestion.
“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” the dragon rumbles, placing a claw firmly on top and answering in Draconic. “The book is mesmerizing and extremely complex. A miniscule mistake caused me to lose my draconic abilities, perhaps never to return. I can’t in good conscience allow someone else to take that kind of risk.” A slight smile appears on his face; “Anyway, I doubt the book wouldn’t let you use it anyway.”


OOC Comments
if you can speak Dragonese, you can understand the exchange between Langdon and Nyxil. Otherwise, it sounds like a load of flowery nonsense :P



“I take it you wish to die then,” Lieutenant Cross broadcasts over the valley, “Kill them all!” he broadcasts, leaving no doubt what is coming.


Initiative
Kidemonas AH - outside cave, 5" from cave entrance
Freya AD - inside cave

Cross QS - 30" from cave entrance

Heracles Quick QD - 1" from cave entrance

Spider Walker 10H - 30" from cave entrance

Penny 9S - inside cave

Dog boys and Psi Stalker 8S - 30" from cave entrance
CS troops and Skelebots 8H - 30" from cave entrance

Savant Quick 8D - inside cave
Mica 6D - cave entrance

Nyxil 5H - unless anything weird happens, his turn is spent casting, so assume that and continue actions unless something manages to injure him - inside cave
Langdon 5C - inside cave
Sula 2C - inside cave

Currently the CS troops at a wide angle 30 inches from the cave entrance

The cliff face can withstand three more hits before collapsing. Anybody inside will be crushed under rubble.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed May 02, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Kidemonas goes on hold. He will interrupt Heracles.
timing
Kidemonas goes on hold and will interrupt Heracles. He will then voluntarily fail the roll going immediately after her so Freya and Herc can get into safety.


Over the radio Kidemonas says. "Gets in the cave, I will block the entrance!"

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Wed May 02, 2018 10:48 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
"You first, Skullface."

Heracles pulled his rifle up and squeezed a laser blast off at the mouthy CS officer but it went wide in his haste and anger.

Despite his bravado, he felt off and disconnected from his normal fighting fury. His paranoia was rampant as well, causing him to doubt even his allies. He really didn't want to be stuck in a cave that was going to be collapsed. He didn't trust the dragon or whatever spell it was casting. He didn't trust that his allies had a way to transport them to safety.

But he knew that facing all those Minions of Hades alone was not a worthy death for Heracles. He let out a sigh and ducked in to the cave angrily.

Notice 1
+1 to total, +2 additional if olfactory applies.
Notice die 1d8 = 1 (1), Wild die 1d6 = 2 (2).

Shooting at Cross 3
-1 to total from Getting It Together.
Shooting die 1d6 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 4 (4).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Fri May 04, 2018 11:29 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Freya, looks up at the building tension, there is too much going on and she wants to avoid any blood shed if possible. "Kidemonas, Heracles get in here I have an idea!"
Setting to works she activates her Portable Force Field Projector creating a shimmering dome outside the cave encompassing everyone in its safety. "I do not know how long that will hold them, lets go."


Mega Barrier 11, creates a 22 (12) MD barrier around cave entrance
TW 1d10+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Penny wrote:
"Langdon, are you sure?"


Lang grimaces behind his face mask. Smooth move, agent. "You have a better idea?" he barks, trying to obfuscate.

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Sat May 05, 2018 6:52 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Kidemonas stands tall, ready to protect the others.

Freya drains the remaining power in her barrier device into a barrier in front of Kidemonas as Cross opens fire on the cliff face. The tumbling rocks bounce harmlessly off the barrier, landing and rolling away from the cave. The cliff is looking cracked and ready to fall apart, judging by the large cracks in rock face.

OOC Comments
Only two hits remaining on the cliff face


Heracles opens fire on Cross, but his shots go wide and the SAMAS pilot doesn't even have to attempt to dodge.

"Is that the best you have?" he laughs in a superior way, seeing the Losers scurrying into the cave, "flee like rats that you are."

The Spider Skull Walker opens fire on Kidemonas with a barrage from its Rail Gun, but found its shots blocked by the barrier Freya erected. However, the barrier cannot stand up to the barrage, flickers and collapses as it is overwhelmed, leaving Kidemonas exposed.

Penny is up

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sun May 06, 2018 7:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Yeah, my idea is 'teleport some of us out of the way so that we can strike from an unexpected direction and give Nyxil time to cast the spell.' If Nyxil, God forbid, is taken out, you have my permission to give it a shot."

Penny readies an action to shoot any CS that approach her position, using her cybernetic eye to zoom in and scan the area. She calls out targets to the others if they haven't spotted them and gets ready for the teleport. "Hey, this teleportation, is it going to mind that one of my eyes is something I bought from a cyber-doc?"

OOC Comments
Noice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Shooting roll (if needed) 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun May 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Considering the size of Kidemonas blocks the entrance, Penny is unable to see past him and spot anything useful.

Along the edges of the valley, the Psi Stalkers and dog boys flank along, weapons at the ready, but do not open fire.
OOC Comments
Currently 22" from the cave mouth


The skelebots begin advancing down the valley, opening fire on Kidemonas, but their mass fire of energy blasts bounce harmlessly off his hide. However, the squad of CS Grunts behind them take aim at Kidemonas with their rocket launcher. The rocket fires true, striking Kidemonas in the chest.

OOC Comments
Shooting 1d8 = 5 (5)+2= 7
4d6 = 16 (6, 3, 3, 4) ace 1d6 = 3 (3) 11AP


Everyone else is up.

Nyxil will begin his casting.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon May 07, 2018 7:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Penny Wise wrote:
She calls out targets to the others if they haven't spotted them and gets ready for the teleport. "Hey, this teleportation, is it going to mind that one of my eyes is something I bought from a cyber-doc?"


Sula shakes her head. "It would be worthless if Nyxil couldn't take the book with him to cast. It takes your stuff as well."

She gathers everyone into as small an area as they can manage in the cave and draws as close to a circle as she can manage around them using her staff as she whispers a prayer...something about the road less traveled or something.

Mysticism 13 Smarts 5 -- 1 Bennie spent
Mysticism 1d10+1 = 11 (10)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 7 (6)
Ace Mysticism 1d10 = 2 (2)
Ace Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)

Smarts 1d8 = 4 (4)-2
Wide Die 1d6 = 4 (4)-2

Bennie for Extra Effort for Smarts 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Last edited by Sula on Mon May 07, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 07, 2018 2:07 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
As any line of fire Savant might have had is currently occupied by Dragon Butt (everything about Dragons, in her mind, deserves capitalization), the Altaran simply hunkers down near Sula, waiting for transport.

OOC Comments
Going On Hold

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon May 07, 2018 2:21 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Lang waits for the teleport spell to activate.

OOC Comments
On hold

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Unsure of what is needed Kidemonas is frustrated. He wants to charge and attack the Coalition, but he does not want to leave his allies unguarded. Deciding he needs help knowing what to do he calls out. "Where do you need me, in the cave or kill the Coalition monsters? What do you need me doing?"

OOC Comments
Deciding not to come off of hold, so Kidemonas is still on hold.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Tue May 08, 2018 7:17 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
Savant replies. "As much as it pains me, friend, we are all evacuating, you included. Perhaps the enemy will oblige you, myself and Heracles by pursuing."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue May 08, 2018 9:54 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles was frustrated. First they wanted to retreat. Then they wanted to teleport to attack the Coalition. He could have just stayed outside and moved away from the cave entrance to attack the Coalition. He rolled his shoulders in a half-shrug.

But he gripped his rifle and tried to keep himself ready for after the magic took effect.

OOC Comments
Going on hold.

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Mica prepares to teleport and waits.

OOC Comments
Going on Hold

_________________


Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Penny is prepared to teleport. She gets on the radio to reassure Kide and Herc. "We're not retreating, we're merely advancing in an unexpected direction. Element of surprise! Once the blip's happened we play defense and make sure they don't interrupt the casting of this spell."

Penny grips her rifle, a little tightly. "Just heard that magic didn't like cybernetics, is all," she says, a little nervously.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sat May 12, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Sula's praying to your goddess is successful as her holy power fills you

However, as the spell is cast, she realises something is amiss as the expanding globe of mystical energy that was growing to encompass you all suddenly interacts with the additional magic that is permeating the area.

There is a blinding light as the globe rapidly increases and geometrically increases in size in a split second and suddenly you can now feel the breeze on your cheeks as you appear outside of the valley in the rocky terrain.

In the distance, the Spider Walker is still back at the Valley entrance, but all the other CS troops are behind you, though somewhat surprised at the sudden turn of events.

It won't take long for the Spider Walker to move position to bring it back into firing range

In the distance in front of you, the main column of CS troops are closing in and will be in firing range shortly.


OOC Comments
You are now out in the open, with minimal cover. There are some rocks that human sized people can hide behind, but the Dragons and vehicles are exposed.



Initiative
Spider Walker AS -

Savant Quick AD -
Kidemonas AC
Penny QD
Heracles Quick JD -
Freya 9H


6 CS troops and 7 Skelebots 8S - 30" and 24" from you - 12 o'clock position

Mica 8H -

4 Dog boys and 1 Psi Stalker 6H- 22" from you - 10 o'clock position
Cross 6C - 30" from you, in the air 2 o'clock position

Langdon 5S -
Sula 4D -
Nyxil 3S - unless anything weird happens, his turn is spent casting, so assume that and continue actions unless something manages to injure him -


The Spider Walker begins shifting position to close on you as you realise that you have ended up much further out than Sula intended.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Fatigue -1
Notice 1d4+3 = 6 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6+3 = 5 (2)

Move 12" towards the Dog-Boy/Psi-Stalker group (so ending 10" away) while Shooting twice at the Psi Stalker with 3-Round Bursts.

Action 1: Shooting Psi-Stalker (10", so Close Range; 3RB = +2 hit/damage)
Shooting 1d10+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Shooting 1d6 = 5 (5)
Hit with Raise
Damage 4d6+3 = 18 (1, 6, 2, 6) 2 Aces Running Total 2d6+18 = 22 (2, 2)
22 Damage AP 2

Action 2: Shooting a Dog-Boy (Same as with the Psi-Stalker)
Shooting 1d10+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Missed Dog-Boy #1. If Innocent bystander kicks in: 3d6+2 = 10 (3, 1, 4) = 10 Damage, AP 2


.



Keep it cool, Danger Girl, you gotta get in their faces before you let the demons howl....

Savant moves forward, closing as much of the gap as she can, then letting loose with a volley from her laser rifle. The first shot nails the Psi-Stalker right in the chest, but the second burst is a bit wild, and likely only grazed one of the Dog-Boys (and not the one she was aiming at, for all that).

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles wasn't feeling up to a big fight...but that had never stopped him before. He was still strong. He was still tough. He wasn't scared. And if it was his time, then it was his time, and all of Olympus would weep and rejoice! His Father would not let his soul be taken by Hades to the Underworld. A place was reserved for him on high.

He moved towards the Deadboys and their skeletal minons. "Foul undead! The son of Zeus will not tolerate your presence! Begone or face my wrath!" He called upon his faith and for aid from the goddess Nyx. Shadows rose up and swirled around him, making him harder to see and target. He then squeezed the trigger twice on the rifle in hand, blasting one of the Deadboys with laserfire.


Current Status
Getting It Together: -1 to all Trait rolls.
Uncanny Reflexes (-2 to be hit).
Deflection (-4 to be hit).

1st action, Casting Deflection 10 and Move 14 towards Deadboys and Skelebots
Getting It Together -1.
Psionics die 1d8 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 6 (6), Ace die 1d6 = 5 (5).

2nd Action from Splitting the Seconds, Shooting with a double-tap at a Deadboy 4 and 17 damage AP 2
Getting It Together -1, Double-Tap +1, Close Range.
Shooting die 1d6 = 3 (3), Wild die 1d6 = 4 (4).

Damage 3d6 = 16 (5, 5, 6), Ace die 1d6 = 1 (1) = 17 damage, AP 2.

Notice
Getting It Together: -1, Notice bonus +2 (+2 if smell a factor) = +1 total.
Notice die 1d8 = 1 (1), Wild die 1d6 = 3 (3).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Last edited by Heracles on Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Panicking for the danger everyone is suddenly in Kidemónas reacts quickly and shouts out to the others. "Get behind cover. The robot is coming!" With a roar he dives down at the grouped psi-stalker and dog boy enemies summoning up his magic and infusing hi body with health and vitality.

Voided Actions
Cone of Fire Agility roll -2 to avoid damage - Affects 2d4 = 4 (2, 2) Soldiers (assumed based on SWD page 73)
Damage 2d10 = 11 (8, 3) mega Damage area of effect, affects lowest armored location.

Multiple action Penalty -2, All out attack +2/+2
Assumed also about the size of a medium burst so affects 2d4 = 3 (2, 1) soldiers
Fighting 1d6 = 4 (4)
Fighting Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

Damage 1d12+7 = 19 (12) + 1d12+19 = 22 (3) + 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
.

Boost Vigor 11, Vigor d12+2
Spellcasting 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Wild die 1d6+1 = 7 (6) + Ace 1d6+7 = 11 (4)

.






Current Status
Current Status
PPE: 18/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 0
ACTIVE EFFECTS
    Vigor Boosted by +2 to d12+2 (Turn 01)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Cover sounds like a great idea - "

Penny followed her own advice, diving for cover and sighting any stray soldiers with her rifle. She flipped the switch on her rifle from safe to triple-tap, and let fly at any dead boys that threatened them.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Shooting: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Damage: 3d8 = 18 (8, 5, 5)
Ace Damage Die: 1d8 = 7 (7)

Add +2 to Shooting and Damage rolls from 3RB.

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Thu May 17, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Posted on players behalf while player is missing.


Freya Kay looks at all the men and tries to think fast of a way to save their lives. Knowing they are being used by their Coalition superiors she thinks of a way to remove them from the fight.
All it would take would be a few little bits here and there and she could build a device, just like this. Activating the "Sensory Overlay Patterning" device the Dead Boys coming at them find they are unable to interact with reality as their minds begin to loose all ability to perceive the world around them.

Build Slumber Device 5, Activate Slumber Device 8 - Spirit -4 to resist
TW MAP -2, Machine Mistro +2
Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Activate Greater Slumber
Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

LAST BENNY TO REROLL
Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 8 (8)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4


Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Savant charged forward, opening fire as she did so. Her first volley struck the Psi-Stalker dead centre, sending him spinning to the ground, where he didn't get up, but her second blast barely scratched the lead dog boy. The Dog Boys glare at Savant intent on ripping him to pieces, but that thought lasts for about a second as Kidemonas readied himself to unleash his fury upon them.

Penny dives for cover, under no illusions that her armour could withstand the combined firepower from any of their foes. Knowing that they wouldn't stop until they were dead, Penny opened fire to defend them, with her shot taking down a Deadboy from distance.
OOC Comments
cover -2 to hit Penny


Heracles, as confident as whom he believed himself to be, stands out in the open and shoots, his fire dropping the nearest Deadboy

Freya, ever the pacifist, did not want to kill, but end the fighting in the most humane way possible; quickly assembling a device, she is unleashes a spell on the Deadboys. The remaining CS Troops are encompassed by Freya's magic, with a kaleidoscope of colours and sensations. Their minds shut down unable to cope and collapse to the floor unconscious.


The Skelebots open fire on the Losers, splitting their fire amongst the squad. Two strike Freya with accurate fire, overwhelming her armour. She screams as the beams penetrate and she collapses to the floor, smoke rising from laser burns.
A burst of fire at Penny only misses due to the rock she is hiding behind, the beams scorching grooves into the rock.
Two shoot at Savant and Heracles but unable to get an accurate shot on target, both shooting wide at the Crazies, who deftly dodge.
The last two open fire with their Grenade Launchers at Kidemonas, the explosions encompassing his entire body

OOC Comments
Kidemonas is struck for 18 and 30MD respectively


OOC Comments
Freya is hit for three wounds and as stated earlier, is out of bennies, so incapacitated


Mica's turn

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue May 22, 2018 12:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Shooting 21
Shooting 1d10 = 10 (10)
ace 1d10 = 7 (7)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
extra effort 1d6 = 2 (2)
Helmet Targeting System gives +2

Damage Small Burst Target 4D6 AP 11
2 targets
4 raise + 4d6 damage
8d6 = 33 (6, 2, 6, 4, 5, 2, 5, 3)
2 aces
ace 1: 1d6 = 1 (1)
ace 2: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Total damage 39 AP 11


Mica is infuriated as Freya goes down. She runs towards the Skelebots and lets loose a rocket from her launcher with deadly accuracy, hitting 2 of them. With a grand explosion, they are likely nothing more then scattered bits and pieces now.

_________________


Wed May 23, 2018 8:56 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
With deadly accurate fire, 2 of the Skelebots are blown into small fragments by Mica's rocket.

With their leader lying in a heap from the weapon fire, the remaining Dog boys howl in rage as they charge forward at Savant, intent on ripping her limb from limb, slashing at her with Vibro vambraces

Charging, they easily make the 10" to Savant and gain gangup bonuses
1d8 = 7 (7)

1d8+3 = 11 (8) 2d8 = 11 (7, 4) AP4
1d8+3 = 4 (1) 2d8 = 11 (6, 5) AP4
1d8+3 = 5 (2) 2d8 = 10 (4, 6) AP4
1d8+3 = 7 (4) 2d8 = 14 (8, 6) AP4 ace 1d8 = 6 (6) Total 20 damage AP4

Dog boys Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (5), now surround Savant


Up in the air, Cross surveys the scene. Reasoning that the Dog boys can kill the foul Altaran (obviously these were allied with the Splugorth filth), he decides that the dragon needed to be dealt with. With the other dragon not engaging, he was willing to wait for the Spider Walker to get into range. He ascends to 40" in the air to maintain some distance and opens fire on Kidemonas.

OOC Comments
+2 to all shooting for Kidemonas' size

1d10 = 9 (9) 2d10+4 = 12 (4, 4) AP10 raise 1d6 = 4 (4) total 16 damage AP10
1d10 = 5 (5) 2d10+4 = 16 (10, 2) AP10 ace 1d10 = 3 (3) raise (wild dice replaces) 1d6 = 2 (2)total 21 damage AP10
1d10 = 7 (7) 2d10+4 = 17 (10, 3) AP10 raise 1d6 = 2 (2) Ace 1d10 = 7 (7) total 26 damage AP10
1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1)


Cross Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (10)

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sula frowns as Freya goes down. This is my fault. I should have known that things would be weird here, she thinks to herself. Do I risk trying to heal the same way? She moves quickly to her fallen ally's side as she tries to decide. She glances at the enemy and rubs her eyes with one hand. She was exhausted and it made her brain sluggish. Heal. It's what you do.

She began to pray to Eir for aid in helping Freya. "Great and Wondrous Eir. I call upon you to aid my companion to whom you directed me. Please help me bring her back"

She kneels as her horn begins to glow and touches it to Freya's wounds.

Mysticism 9, auto Raise on Success
Mysticism 1d10 = 10 (10)+3 for healing, -2 for exhausted, -3 for Freya's wounds for a net -2
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

Mysticism Ace 1d10 = 1 (1)

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Then realizing all the enemies are too far for him to reach Kidemonas turns and flies back to Sula landing with his massive body shielding her. "I am sorry, I did not realize how taxed you were earlier." He says as he concentrates and drawing on his own overflowing magical reserves he tries to provide her with the sustenance she needs so badly. But being distracted by so many things and suffering rail gun fire was enough to off balance his minor talents for the arcane and the feed back causes Kidemonas to stagger almost stepping on the ally he intended to aid. Luckily he was able to gather his concentration from the feedback and refocusing his will wash away all the pain and fatigue Sula was feeling.

Arcane Sustenance on Sula 12+ recovered 2 fatigue
Arcane Sustenance: Kidemónas can infuse his targets with focused Arcane invigorating and refreshing them. (Succor: PPE 1, Range: Touch, removes 1 fatigue (2 with a raise), removes shaken, and wakes the incapacitated.)
Spellcasting 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Wild Spellcasting 1d6+1 = 3 (2)

EP for Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting 1d6+1 = 7 (6) + Ace 1d6+7 = 11 (4)
Wild Spellcasting 1d6+1 = 7 (6)+ also an Ace 1d6+7 = 13 (6)

.






Current Status
Current Status

SHAKEN

PPE: 18/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 0
ACTIVE EFFECTS
    Vigor Boosted by +2 to d12+2 (Turn 02)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Thu May 24, 2018 3:42 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
K-common=2 Notice=4
Common Knowledge: 1d10 = 1 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Notice: 1d6 = 4 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Lang fires his C-12 at the closest targets of opportunity.

shooting= 9,9,8
Shooting: 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Shooting: 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Shooting: 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


damage (AP2)= 14,31,15
Damage: 3d6+1 = 12 (3, 3, 5)
-raise bonus: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Damage: 3d6+1 = 13 (2, 6, 4)
-ACE: 1d6 = 5 (5)
-raise bonus: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE: 1d6 = 6 (6)
-ACE2: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Damage: 3d6+1 = 10 (4, 3, 2)
-raise bonus: 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)


WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.


Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Freya! Stay with us!" Penny resighted, firing another three-round burst at another Dead Boy.

OOC Comments
Penny has Common Bond, and is lending the use of her last Benny to Freya to keep her alive and/or in the fight.

Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Shooting: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Damage: 3d8 = 6 (2, 1, 3)
Add +2 to shooting and damage from 3RB.

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Langdon opened fire from his position and 3 skelebots exploded, one of them most spectacularly. Meanwhile Sula valiantly turns her attention to saving Freya; her spell enfuses with Freya's body healing her wounds, though Freya remains unconscious.

Kidemonas reaches out and with a gentle touch of his claw refreshes Sula's spirit.

Initiative - Joker's wild - - 1 extra benny for everyone
Heracles Quick Red Joker
Savant Quick QC

4 Dog boys QD - 12" from you - 10 o'clock position - currently surrounding Savant Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)
4 CS troops (asleep) and 2 Skelebots 9S - 30" and 16" from you - 12 o'clock position Toughness 11(4)

Penny 9C - in cover -2 to hit
Sula 8C
Nyxil 7S - unless anything weird happens, his turn is spent casting, so assume that and continue actions unless something manages to injure him - 1 turn remaining
Kidemonas 6H

Cross 5S - 50" from you, in the air 2 o'clock position Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (10)

Mica 5D -

Spider Walker 4D - 1 turn remaining until it is in range.

Langdon 2H

Freya Incapacitated

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
One level of Fatigue.
Notice 1d4+3 = 6 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6+3 = 9 (6)

Free Actions:
Drop laser rifle
Quick Draw Vibro-Sword
Losing It: +2 Fighting/Strength/Melee Damage
Split the Seconds

First Action:
Agility Trick Dog-Boy:
Trick 1d12+5 = 17 (12) ACE Running Total 1d12+17 = 23 (6)
Wild Trick 1d6+5 = 11 (6) ACE Running Total 1d6+11 = 17 (6) ACE Running Total 1d6+17 = 20 (3)
Dog-Boy needs to roll Agility to resist:
24+: No Effect
20-23: -2 Parry
19 or less: -2 Parry, Shaken
Dog-Boy Resist Agility 1d8 = 6 (6)

Sword Attack same:
Fighting 1d12+1 = 5 (4)
Wild Fighting 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Damage 1d12+2 = 4 (2) + 1d10 = 6 (6) AP 4
10 AP 4 vs. 12 (5); Shaken, or if he was Shaken by the Trick, then dead.

Second Action (targets different Dog-Boy than the first):
Agility Trick Dog-Boy 1d12+5 = 8 (3)
Wild Agility 1d6+5 = 6 (1)
Dog Boy 2 Needs to roll Agility:
9+: No effect
5-8: -2 Parry
4 or less: -2 Parry, Shaken

Sword Attack Same
Fighting 1d12+1 = 10 (9)
Wild Fighting 1d6+1 = 7 (6)
Hit, or Raise if Trick Succeeded:
Damage: 1d12+2 = 7 (5) + 1d10 = 8 (8) ACE Running Total 1d8+15 = 20 (5)
Raise Damage, if Applicable: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Either 20 or 23, AP 4: Dead Dog-Boy, even if he resists the Trick



.


Savant grins as one of the DogBoys gets a glancing blow on her. Turning her eyeless face towards him, she nods. "I like you. I think I'll save you for last." Then, with an almost beatific expression, she simultaneously releases the rifle and her damaged sanity.

Her vibro-blade is out of its sheath before the stolen C-12 even hits the ground, the Dog-Boy to her right suddenly finding himself the target of an attack that wasn't even a possible threat a moment ago; the sword doesn't strike deeply, but it's possible his surprise at the action renders him just vulnerable enough.

Laughing, not even stopping to see if her first strike actually downed or foe or merely knocked him off-balance, Savant brings the sword up and stabs backward, at the Dog-Boy who probably figured he was the least likely to be targeted. While the maneuver is less effective than the first, the blade strikes directly at his gut, disemboweling him with a wet noise as she pulls the blade free again.

Outcome
3/3 Bennies due to Joker
One Dog-Boy Shaken or Dead
Second Dog-Boy Dead

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Wed May 30, 2018 5:17 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Old School Movie Quote
"LOVE that Joker!"

Heracles closed the remaining distance to the skelebots and dropped his laser rifle. He pulled the chain longsword off of his back and in one smooth motion swung it at one of the two remaining robotic killers. "Stop shooting at my friends and go back to the Underworld!" He pivoted and swung out again with the whirring long sword letting out a growling battle cry as he did so.

Current Status
Getting It Together: -1 to all Trait rolls.
Uncanny Reflexes (-2 to be hit).
Deflection (-4 to be hit).

Action 1
Moving to close remaining distance to Skelebots.
Drawing Chain Long Sword.
Attacking Skelebot (-1 GiT, -2 MAP, +2 Joker).

Fighting die 1d8 = 4 (4), Wild die 1d6 = 5 (5).
Benny to Extra Effort 1d6 = 2 (2).

Damage (+4 to total): Strength die 1d12 = 10 (10), Sword dice 2d8 = 9 (7, 2) = 24, AP 2.

Action 2
Attacking Skelebots again (-1 GiT, +2 Joker).

Fighting die 1d8 = 8 (8), Ace 1d8 = 2 (2), Wild die 1d6 = 5 (5).

Damage (+4 to total): Strength die 1d12 = 11 (11), Sword dice 2d8 = 3 (2, 1), Raise die 1d6 = 2 (2) = 20, AP 2.

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
A sigh of relief after Kidemonas touches her. "Thank you very much, Kidemonas." She looks at Penny. "She wont die but she is not yet awake. I am not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with the strangeness of the area."

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Whilst Sula is relieved that Freya is out of the woods, Freya remained unconscious, unable or perhaps unwilling to wake up.

Meanwhile, Heracles and Savant continued their merry rampage through the Coalition forces,

Surrounded as she was, Savant was deftly able to hold off the Dog Boys attacks, with only one having even scratched her armour before. However, despite her best efforts, she was only able to hack down one of them, a German Shepherd breed, whilst confusing another one.

Heracles charged into the remaining Skelebots, destroying two of the minions of Hela, with two swift strikes. The minions of his hated Aunt would come no closer.

The remaining Dog Boys were still in a fury and continued their attack on Savant, hacking at her with their Vibro Vambraces

3 dog boys Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)
Fighting 9,9,3
Damage 13,9,12 AP4
OOC Comments
spirit to unshake 1d6 = 6 (6)
1d8+2 = 9 (7) 2d8 = 13 (5, 8) AP 4
1d8+2 = 9 (7) 2d8 = 9 (6, 3) AP 4
1d8+2 = 3 (1) 2d8 = 12 (4, 8)


Penny, Sula and Kidemonas are up

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sula looks around and frowns. While her group seems to be doing fine, none of this would be an issue if Cross hadn't ordered them all be killed. "You have downed my ally and she is not rising. Face Eir's Wrath!" The teenager yells at Cross. She holds out her staff, pointing it in his direction. "May she tear your soul asunder!"

Mysticsm 8
Mysticism 1d10-1 = 8 (9) (+1 for the staff, -2 for range = the -1)
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 3 (4)


Damage Balance 12
Damage 3d10 = 14 (1, 3, 10) + 1d6 = 3 (3)

Ace 1d10 = 6 (6)

Damage 23 -(toughness [no armor]{7} + 1/2 Spirit {4}total 11)=12

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Spirit to Unshake 3, Fail
Spirit Roll to Unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

Kidemonas stands his postures still staggered as he looks around to try and understand the battle field. Flying towards the Coalition forces Kidemonas is not able to close the full distance to the enemy.

Flies 12" towards enemy forces.




Current Status
Current Status

Shaken


PPE: 18/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 0
ACTIVE EFFECTS
    Vigor Boosted by +2 to d12+2 (Turn 03)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Holy tight, everyone. Just a few more seconds." Penny was relieved that Freya would live, but tried not to let it distract her from the fray at hand. She fires one more three-round burst, sticking to cover.

OOC Comments
Shooting: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Damage: 3d8 = 14 (3, 7, 4)
+2 to rolls for 3RB.

Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Notice Ace Die: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Notice Ace Die 2: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Penny opened fire
OOC Comments
(I presumed that you didn't want to shoot into melee with Savant)
at Cross, but whilst her fire was accurate, it splashed harmlessly against the flying power armour. She encouraged her team to keep it together as Nyxil's chanting rose behind her.

"Pathetic," he called out, "I will destroy your dragon, then you. The forces of Humanity will not be defeated."

Kidemonas took unsteadily to the air, looking to engage with Coalition forces, but Cross remained at a currently unreachable

Summoning her power and invigorated by Kidemonas, Sula screams as she unleashes a powerful bolt of mystical energy. Secure in his belief that his SAMAS armour would protect him, Cross screamed as the bolt of energy enveloped him and passed straight through his defences.

"ARGHHH" Cross screams before plummeting from the sky, a sickening crunch can be heard above the din of combat.

Behind you, the much much larger main Coalition force lumbered into full view, a vast array of heavy weapons about to be deployed as the Spider Skull Walker entered into firing range. Mica's sensors pick that it is locking sensors on them.





Then, there is a sudden burst of light as The Meganomicon glows blindingly bright.

Nyxil’s chanting voice becomes almost thunderously loud, echoing across the battlefield. One by one, the enemy warriors stop fighting, gazing up at the sky as enormous clouds swirl out of nothingness, ominously dark. A split-second later, lightning bolts begin to fall from above like spears, an awesome display of apocalyptic fury—each bolt of lightning striking one of the Coalition soldiers or vehicles. The bolts
are so powerful many don’t even have a chance to scream, occasionally disintegrating one of the enemy into nothing but a pile of dust quickly dispersed in the wind. Dozens of such bolts rain down upon the battlefield in rapid succession, wiping out any hope of a Coalition victory. Although it lasts only seconds, it seems like hours pass before the lightning ebbs—leaving only a handful of enemies remaining, struggling to regroup in the distance.

At the epicentre of the magical maelstrom, the remaining dog boys drop their weapons and collapse to the floor, clutching their heads, overwhelmed by the sheer level of magic that had just been unleashed.

The sheer level hammered at Heracles mind, threatening to overwhelm him.

Heracles
OOC Comments
make a vigour roll at -2 or suffer two levels of fatigue


Everyone
OOC Comments
The remaining forces are fifty yards away, so everyone capable can post one action if they wish to harass the surviving Coalition Forces. Even if you don't, there are other things to react to. No need for any rolls, just narration as this fight is over for them.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Driving 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


Mica seeing the Skull Walker locking on to her, she transforms into her motorcycle mode. She takes off racing for it with the intent to draw fire away from the group. Then the flashly shows goes off and she brings her cyclone to a stop by laying it.

_________________


Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Vigor check, 6
Vigor at -3.
Vigor die 1d10 = 3 (3), Wild die 1d6 = 6 (6), ace 1d6 = 3 (3).
Ignore, wrong dice type
1d10 = 6 (6)

Heracles let out a howl of pain as the magic rained down. The sense of power was not only painful, but the intense smell of it threatened to overwhelm him and drive him to his knees. But by sheer force of will and strength of body did he stay upright mostly, only hunching over a bit. He swayed on his feet but did not fall, gritting his teeth until it passed.

While he had no love for the Minions of Hades, a small part of him wondered if even such as they deserved such a horrendous fate. To be left as naught but ash was a terrible thing, no proper burial - or in their case, re-burial - just blown away by the wind. He shook his head slowly.

He let out a long breath and turned back to his comrades. "I say again - The book is too dangerous. It must be destroyed."

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:02 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Smarts 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Wild Smarts 1d6-2 = 1 (3)

Fail: Getting it Together Time: 1d6 = 3 (3) Hours

-2 to all actions for the next 3 hours. Fun!


Savant is, for the moment, fully in the grip of her battle-madness. The fact that the dog-boys who had attempted to swarm her are now docile and subdued is, sadly for them, not something she factors into her actions. The closest she comes to a coherent thought is making certain that one Dog-Boy survives moments longer than his companions--it wouldn't do for an oracle to lie, and she had promised to save him for last.

One cut across the back; a second stabbed through the spine. The third and final Dog-boy is given the honor of an actual decapitation. As the lightning strikes down the oncoming horde, the last thing many of them see is Savant, triumphantly holding the head of "Lucky" aloft, and shouting in triumph.

As the storm fades, and there are no more enemies to fight, she comes out of it. Immediately, her eyes go to the skies, and she attempts to find some sort of cover to protect her from the view of the aerial fiends who obviously perpetrated this devastation.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
When Cross drops from the sky and lands with a crunch the anger on her face melts away to shock. "Did he really just-" the question remains unfinished as the magic of the book is released and the army destroyed. As bodies turn into dust she looks a little ill. When Heracles suggests the book be destroyed the look on her face isn't so much one of disagreement but more wondering how it could be done. A book with magic that powerful is unlikely to succumb to simple fire. But then Eir did just...She shakes her head hard. No, no she wouldn't think about that. But then if Eir was that quick to respond and with such force...maybe...maybe he was a monster and she just couldn't see it? That had to be the case, right?

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Penny didn't even have it in her to fire one last shot; she saw the Coalition forces get vaporized, and slowly lowered her rifle.

"That spell - it - " She looked genuinely gobsmacked for the first time in forever.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


Kidemónas looks around awed by the damage and effectiveness of the attack. He wonders to himself how long it will take him to develop that kind of power. Then looking to the others he asks. "What are we to do now?" He eyes locked on the book that holds the secrets he so desperately desires.


OOC Comments
I assume combat is over and we are fleeing back to safety, but unsure if you intend us to have another battle or not?

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
"Ah, um, is...is there anything else in that book besides the spell that just...just...um..." She waves in the direction the Coalition forces used to be.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
Frustrated by the lack of cover, Savant dashes over to the fallen Dog-Boys, claiming a single trophy from the battle--one set of their Vibro-Vambraces. Then she looks around. "Whatever we do next, we should do it away from here. Too open, and the carrion-seekers will be coming soon."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your
    hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • Flesh Wound Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
ISP: 9
Bennies: 2/3

Major Phobia: Birds
Bloodthirsty


Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles watched for a few seconds longer, but most of his companions were stunned or in awe of the power of the book and/or the devastation. He knew what it was. He knew it should not be in the hands of mortals - of which dragons still counted as in his view. He turned and walked back towards the dragon. "We should destroy the book now." He held out his hand. "It is too powerful and destructive."

Notice
+1 to total (+2 normally, -1 for Getting It Together, +2 if olfactory applies)
Notice die 1d8 = 2 (2), Wild die 1d6 = 1 (1).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Penny thought for a long moment, then turned to Langdon and Sula. "Magic users, right? You know more about this than I do. What do you think we should do?" She looked towards the dragon. "Granted, we... might not get a say, since they've got the book..."

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Kidemonas looks appalled by Heracles request. "No, it is to precious to be destroyed. We should study it and master the knowledge within. Look at the results, it just saved us from the Coalition."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:22 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
"Let us leave this area before what remains of them regroup or we attract the attention of other predators in this area." Nyxil suggests, taking wing, clutching the book and a box in his talons.

Freya manages to stagger to her feet and with uncustomary quietness, drives her Zone Ranger after the Dragon. She remains tightlipped through the entire journey, though she occasionally touches the holes caused the weapons fire in her armour.

Some time later and well away from the carnage created by the spell, Nyxil and your group have travelled a significant distance from the Glimmer Valley, and you all take a moment to rest.

The dragon hatchling smiles, and his emerald eyes gleam with excitement. “That. Was. Amazing!” he says, shaking his head in wonderment. “I wasn’t certain I could cast the Spell of Legend, but, thanks to you, my friends…I had the confidence to do what was necessary.”

Nyxil hefts the Meganomicon in one clawed hand.

“It is time for me to say farewell. This book is too powerful for the world as it stands now. Perhaps, someday, there will be a place of enlightenment that could use the book’s powers for the benefit of all, but as you saw, the power of this book is such that others would go to war over it. No it is best that it be hidden away ”


He drops the box he was carrying down on the floor.

"A gift for you. they are of no use to me, but perhaps they might be of use to yourselves. I recovered these from Tolkeen as it fell."


OOC Comments
There are two items inside the box
One is a Jesters hat.
The other item can be rolled on tables from the Fantasy Companion.


WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:42 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 440
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)

Kidemonas ha no good argument for why he should be allowed to read the book, but he does know of good intentioned people who may be trusted with some power. "Perhaps the book would be safe with the Tomorrow Legion? They are kind people who care about others and do not seek battle."

When the box is dropped to the ground Kidemonas's greed grabs him as he opens the box and begins to look hard at the contents. Looking over he asks. "What are these, what power is in them?"

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies, Active Effects & Resources Spent
.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sula frowns. "How could it be used for the benefit of all? Is there more than destruction in that book?"

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 142
Reply with quote
Notice 23
Notice 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
wild ace 1d8 = 6 (6)
wild ace ace 1d6 = 6 (6)
wild ace ace ace 1d6 = 5 (5)


Mica looks at the dragon holding the book, "Weren't you older?"

_________________


Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"
Reply with quote
Heracles frowned deeply. "I still think it best destroyed rather than hidden. Have you not heard of the many tales from this world, and others I'm sure as well? Adventurers. Power-hungry. Well-meaning scholars. And more. They find a rumor and search for it, seek out that which is hidden. Some for good reasons, other for selfish ones. But in the end, things buried have a way of coming back to the surface, that which was hidden becomes found."

But his companions didn't seem to share his thoughts. He sighed and shrugged. "Barring that, if you all think the dragon trustworthy, then hidden is acceptable as a second choice." Though he certainly didn't sound happy about it.

Notice, either 6 or 7
Not sure if still in the Getting It Together phase or not.
Notice die 1d8 = 1 (1), Wild die 1d6 = 5 (5).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Last Stand (Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt).

Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Last edited by Heracles on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
"Nyxil mentioned before that it crippled their innate spellcasting ability to every try; it sounds like a dangerous book to have around. Maybe it's better hidden. I hope you've got a very good hiding spot for it."

She gives a few words of encouragement to Freya. "Things got pretty rough. You okay?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Die: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Kidemonas wrote:
"Perhaps the book would be safe with the Tomorrow Legion? They are kind people who care about others and do not seek battle


"Considering how easily you were controlled by a mere Witchling, I would still worry for its safety." Nyxil flared his nostrils at Kidemonas.

Sula wrote:
Sula frowns. "How could it be used for the benefit of all? Is there more than destruction in that book?"


"The spell you just witnessed is the most powerful spell contained within its pages, but what it is capable of is a lot more. There are a multitude of spells contained within that I have only just begun to understand."



Mica Nowel wrote:
Mica looks at the dragon holding the book, "Weren't you older?"


Nyxil looks alarmed and quickly checks himself, thinking that the spell had wreaked further havoc upon him. He quickly calms down as he looks to be the same as he was before.

"No, everything appears to be the same. he answers confused.

OOC Comments
Nyxil hasn't changed at all. Always been a hatchling, but just bigger than Kidemonas



Penny Wise wrote:
Nyxil mentioned before that it crippled their innate spellcasting ability to every try; it sounds like a dangerous book to have around. Maybe it's better hidden. I hope you've got a very good hiding spot for it."


"Your leader shows wisdom. The book has shown me a place where it can remain hidden and yet still hopefully restore my lost abilities."

He looks into the book for a moment, perusing the pages until he finds what he is looking for. He picks up a rock with his claws and concentrates on it. The rock glows for a second before returning to seemingly normal. Those of you able to sense magic feel the energies from the rock, though they are not particularly strong.

"This rock and I are now linked. If you hold it, thinking clearly of me and the perilous situation you are in, you can summon my aid. I will not be able to arrive instantaneously and nor will I have the book with me. Use it wisely."

Looking away into the distance, he sighs.

"I urge you to be careful; considering what we have faced today, the Coalition States will be well aware now what can be done and that creature Alixia survived. Perhaps she belongs to no faction, but I doubt it. I fear this is the beginning of your troubles caused by this tome."


Penny Wise wrote:
She gives a few words of encouragement to Freya. "Things got pretty rough. You okay?"


When asked, Freya looked sad and if not a little scared by what had happened.


Inside the box is a jester's hat and a military style top. Both radiate magic.

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Sula thinks for a moment. "Could it help me find my brother? If so, may I come with you?" The temptation of furthering her knowledge of things that could help others was pretty strong. Even stronger if it could help her find her brother as well.

_________________
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;

  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes

Bennies 2/3
PPE: 11/25;
Staff PPE: 5/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,


Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.