Garnet Town Act 1

Adventures of the 3rd SET, The Losers
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Garnet Town Act 1

Post by Corrigon »

You have spent the last few days together on a journey into Northern Arkansas. The Tomorrow Legion sent your team on a long range patrol out towards the Texas border partly to find new alliances and friends for the Legion and you are on your way home to Castle Refuge to celebrate your successful mission.

So far, your patrol has been quiet as your team has provided assistance to a few towns and farms along the way, mostly rescuing lost cattle and generating some goodwill for the Legion along the way.

Currently, you are travelling through Southern Missouri, a wilderness composed of thick forests and rolling hills. On Rifts Earth, there are not many actual roads, so your group has been travelling along a long dirt track that winds it's way through the trees. As the drive continues, each of you has the opportunity to think about things leading up to this point.
OOC Comments
Welcome to the first post for the 3rd Set.

Each of you should post an interlude and take the opportunity to chat with each other.
Hopefully we will have a couple of more players soon and then we will get into the actual adventure.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Garnet Town Act 1

Post by Savant »

Savant has a weird habit (okay, it might be more accurate to say this is one of her weird habits), of making it sound like she's continuing a conversation, even though she's just starting a new topic entirely. "Yeah, contrary to what most folks think, pit-fighting is usually not to the death. Oh, sure, it happens sometimes--either by accident, or because one of the fighters has a vendetta against the other, and rarely as a condition of the bout. But that's really rare, because honestly, training up a fighter is expensive, and it's tough to make back that kind of investment in a single fight."

She takes a drag on the clove cigarettes she's smoking, which she does whenever she's able to do so. "Now, in normal combat, like you get as an adventurer, you often don't even know their name--they're just that guy you gotta put down and maybe even out, so you can get where you're going. But when you fight someone, over and over again, you start to know them. It's a kind of intimacy, really. And sometimes, it becomes something more. Sometimes lust, sure, but other times, it's respect, camaraderie. You know you're going to be trying to extract one another's teeth in few minutes, but it doesn't matter; you're in the moment, with them, surrounded by the chants of the crowd, and there's something just ecstatic in it. And you form a bond."

Another drag. "So anyway, there was this kid. Scrawny runt, really, but wiry as hell. Still, he looked ready to be lunchmeat, and the crowd was roaring for him to get taken down so that a 'real' match could start. Still, I had a hunch about him--there was the way he kept his cool while the bigger fighters were all sneering and promising to... well, I won't say what some of them were saying they were gonna do to him. But he just stood there, shirtless and calm. And then they called for the fight, and one after another, the other guys went down. The kid was smart. No, no, that's not hte right word. There's smart, there's genius... and then there's Battlin' Dez Braddock. He knew what the other guy was gonna do before his opponent had even made up their mind on the matter, and had a countermove figured out right from the start." The next cigarette is lit from the current one, which then gets stubbed out on the heel of her boot.

"Did I mention, he was only about 16? But damn, he could fight. And end of every match, he'd lean down, give his defeated foe a nod, and help them up. Some of the guys lost their shit when Dez beat them--they thought the signature move was just a way of driving home how weak he thought they were. But it wasn't like that. Nothing dismissive, or hostile at all. He'd won, and the fight was over, and he set it aside, like it didn't matter at all. It was done. He even beat me a few times--only a few, mind you, but it was enough to get my attention. We started chatting. That was something else about him--he talked to anyone, or maybe it'd be more accurate to say he listened. Not the way most folks do, just waiting for their turn to talk about themselves. He soaked it in. He's the only person I've met who could listen to your silences--know what it means when you don't say something."

"A few times, we talked about getting free, and he said he'd like to come with me if I made it. But when Tolkeen fell, he wasn't at the Pitt, and, well, there was one place you didn't want to hang around in the last days. I bugged out. But he's the only one I miss from before I got to the Legion. My 'little brother'. I'm sure he made it out, he was too smart to not take advantage. But I'd love to find out what happened to him."

A pause, and then answering a question whether or not it's asked. "Hm? No, no, my visions don't know anything about him. I can't even confirm if he's alive or dead. But I figure, I keep traveling around like this, someday, I'll run across him. Maybe we'll even get to fight, again."
OOC Comments
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
  • +2 Racial Bonus
  • +2 IF Bonus
  • Cannot see purely visual information, radar sense limited to 1200 feet (200")
Last edited by Savant on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica is standing a bit away from Savant. "I have an older brother, myself. His name was Scott, but we don't know what happened to him. He was part of the Mars division fleet to reclaim the Earth from the Invid. That was a couple of years ago. I was too young to join that fleet and the Invid completely decimated them. I don't know if Scott survived or not. But I heard rumors that some people did."

She looks around before continuing. "Two years after the failed attempt of the Mars Division, the Jupiter Division fleet were making another attempt to retake the Earth. I was a part of the group in the ground infantry. We used a Horizon-T to make landfall. Everything was going good as we setup to make the attack on Reflex Point. That was the home base for the Invid. I was on mission to make a resupply with a forward group when I found myself on this Earth. Some crazy portal of light with lightning and stuff."

"It didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't in the same place anymore. Ran into some weird looking monsters. Lost all track of communications with my unit. The plans were if we got lost, to retreat back to Point C, to the southwest. I think it was based somewhere in the ruins of a city called Chicago." Mica pauses for a minute. "So I set off for point C on my Cyclone. Fortunately it is designed for all terrain, because there weren't any roads to follow. Those giant walls of light were something to see and those towers of light."

"Going to Chicago wasn't the best of ideas though. Instead of finding my follow soldiers, I ran into the Coalition. I was out numbered and out gunned. I had no choice but to run." She gets a bit distracted and she looks up at the night sky, and points to a glowing dot up in the stars. "I wonder what my home is like here. Did they colonize it? Are there people still there?"
OOC Comments
Wild Die Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Last edited by Ximena on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

If she had eyes, the Crazy would have blinked at that. "Far as I know, no one knows for sure what's up there. Anything that tries to go too high gets eliminated. Some think that there are orbital lasers circling the planet, keeping us all locked down here. If that's true, no telling who is operating them--descendants of Earthlings who have decided to try to keep the insanity of this world from leaving it; aliens trying to keep humanity from trying to expand our warlike ways; gods destroying hubris-filled humans like they did back in ancient times; I know some of my sisters even believe that we're the ones up there, or rather, the Splugorth are, keeping humanity penned in here, the way you would livestock in a fenced pasture."

"So, what was it like, on your Mars? You ever consider just jumping into a Rift and then keep doing that until you get home again?"
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Listening to the others talk Kidemónas thinks for a bit. “I want to help you find your brother, and your battle mate.” Turning he continues “I do not know how to get to these other planets yet. My friends told me many things of them, but this is the only planet I remember. But perhaps we can find a like walker who knows how to open a portal to this place.
“My friend taught me of other worlds and he said he traveled to many of them. His people would use the ley lines to travel them.”
Sighing, he pauses for a moment. “But I do not know where he is now either. He was a great hero and told me of other great heroes. But he was pulled into a portal while fighting a Shifter to protect some people.” Looking away around in the woods he continues. “I tried to open the rift again, but I did not have the skills needed yet.
“He was in the Legion and told me that I could join them and help. I know one day he will come back to this world and I will see him again.”

OOC Comments
Notice roll with every post:
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die Aced: [dice]2[/dice]
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As you are approaching a rushing river, you see a rickety wooden bridge ahead. Suddenly, a high-pitched cry for help rings out!
OOC Comments
If you haven't already made a notice roll, please make one now.

If unsuccessful, you are still aware that something is wrong over by the river, but are unaware exactly what

If successful, you notice the following
The cry for help is coming from a running figure, what looks like a young human sprinting down a path along the river’s edge.

Behind him are several large humanoid figures with red skin and obvious bionic parts gleaming in the afternoon sun. One of the creatures points at the boy, growling
“No witnesses!”

His voice has a synthesized, electronic timbre.

OOC Comments
On a raise on your notice roll, you also notice the following

„The running figure is not human, he is what is called a “D-Bee,” slang for “dimensional being.” His ears are pointed and his eyes are colored like jewels.
„„He’s roughly 12 years or so old, and he’s wearing rough work clothes—overalls, a patched shirt, and sturdy shoes.
„„The beings chasing him are carrying laser rifles, but they seem intent on capturing the boy rather than killing him as they haven't opened fire.
There are four beings chasing him

Make a survival roll to identify the species chasing the boy
Initiative
K 2clubs
M red Joker 1 extra benny for all players and +2 to all rolls
P 3hearts
S Queen Clubs

Brodkil 8diamonds
Von 5hearts
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (345.54 KiB) Viewed 22958 times
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Got a simple success on Notice.
Survival: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Survival: [dice]1[/dice]
Savant's head snaps up as they come over the ridge and see the boy fleeing the demons. She urges Pennywise forward. "Brodkil! We've got to get to the kid before they do!" Even as she speaks, she reaches to open the door on her side.
OOC Comments
Obviously, actual actions, including opening the door, will need to wait for Initiative.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

OOC Comments
Survival: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die Survival: [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die exploded: [dice]4[/dice]

Flight 12” (24 yards)
Draconic Fear: Opponents must make a fear check upon first realizing they are facing a dragon.
Tail Slash Fighting Roll: [dice]2[/dice] (Ignores size penalty)
Tail Slash Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Attack Die exploded: [dice]5[/dice]

Tail Slash Damage: [dice]6[/dice] + [dice]7[/dice]

Removed narrative on 4/26/2017 as turn order has Kidemónas going last.
Last edited by Kidemonas on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny puttered along in the ATV, quietly making a note of what everyone was saying, occasionally writing down something in the notepad that she carried at her side. Her notebook included:

• Pit fighting M.O.M. enhancile who is one of the Altara, has to be a story there
  • A power armor jockey from another universe? Have to pin them down for an interview
  • Dragon seems nice - don't know how young they are yet - have to be careful and set an example

Penny had that mix of racial features that many in the age of rifts had, but her bearing clearly marked her as someone from the Pecos Empire; she had well-worn armor, a well-maintained rifle and pistol, and the ATV itself was nondescript except that if you waved a Geiger counter over it you might hear something. The ATV had big fat tires meant to drive over anything in its path, and any who wanted to travel in it with the "embedded reporter for the Tomorrow Legion" could, assuming they were okay with her asking a lot of questions.

At the sight down the road, Penny frowned.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
JiC: d20, [dice]2[/dice], d100 [dice]3[/dice]
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

OOC Comments
Survival check: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Potentially Relevant Edges: Woodsman
Upon seeing the chase, and hearing Savant's comments, Penny nods, hitting the gas. "Brodkil are bad news, and these ones look enhanced. Hang on!"
OOC Comments
Driving roll, if necessary: [dice]2[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Survival Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Survival roll explodes: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild survival die: [dice]1[/dice]
Wild survival die explodes: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild survival die explodes again: [dice]4[/dice]
Bonus: Red Joker +2 to all rolls (does this apply to the wild die?)

since I'm not sure what the vehicle arrangements are right now. I'm riding my bike? deleting the last action to make a further post.
"I'm not to worried about getting back right now. And there is no telling if my brother is even alive. The Invid are ruthless and they just destroyed everything as it tried to get to the planet.." Mica spots the boy being chased by the 4 armed pursurers. "This doesn't look good."
Last edited by Ximena on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Just a quick note to folks--with the Initiative posted, actions will be in the order of Mica, Savant, Kide, Penny. There's a big gap between Savant and Kide, so the odds are high that if the Brodkil are acting this round, this is where they'll jump in; likewise, the kid.

That said, I don't think Savant's action sequence is going to interfere with anything Mica does (and by the way, yes, the +2 from Mica's joker applies to pretty much every roll she makes, so she can indulge in a multi-action and have the penalty and bonus cancel out, if you're so inclined...), so I'm going to go ahead and lay out Savant's action sequence. There's a couple assumptions here:

1: Normally, 1" = about six feet/two yards, so each hex on the map is 2".
2: Since diagonal movement doesn't count against you, it does become fairly easy to maneuver around someone, so long as you've got enough Pace, and some clear ground (you just can't separate from an opponent you're adjacent to without drawing a free attack; you can even run around a lone opponent in a circle, so long as you don't break 'adjacency'.)
3: Looking at the map, there is likely to be room for Savant to hug the shrubs on the left until she gets past the Brodkil and ends up on their rear flank, before angling in again. If this is wrong, she'll stop after moving as far as she can without leaving the first demon she becomes adjacent to.

So, her action sequence:

1: Open door (no roll, but counts as an Action)
2: Dash across bridge, past the kid and the demons. (Pace 12 should get her to the far side of the demons, I think, without running).
3: Attempt to draw vibro-sword as a free action while moving; this is an Agility Roll (at -2 since she's already declaring a MAP); if she fails this, then all rolls for the round suffer an additional -2 MAP.
4: Attempt an Agility Trick as a Free Action (via Tricky/Dirty Fighter) on the Brodkil she's next to.
5: Strike at the Brodkil with a follow-up Fighting attack; this is a second (or third, depending on the fast draw roll), and would thus add another -2 MAP.

So, here goes the dice:

Fast-Draw Agility (-2 due to declared MAP): [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Agility: [dice]1[/dice]
4 total--success! She draws as a free action.

Agility Trick on Brodkil (-2 MAP, +2 from Dirty Fighter): [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Trick: [dice]3[/dice]

Okay, the Brodkil needs to roll Agility to set the target number of the Trick; if she ties him (success), his Parry is at -2 for until he acts; on a Raise (she beats his Agility by 4 or more), he's also Shaken.

Fighting (-2 MAP): [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Fighting: [dice]5[/dice]

And she was doing so welll... Well, maybe she set up the Brodkil with her Trick attempt, at least, if he can't unshake before the dragon strikes.
Having shouted to Pennywise, she anks the door handle and shoves it open. With a war cry, she leaps out and hits the ground running, charging across the bridge as she draws out the sword, past the child, her Vibro-Sword humming as she draws it, and around the demon band. At the last second, she crouches low, almost sliding into position, whips her trusty blade in a back-slice... and then promptly slaps the Brodkil on the rump, ineffectually with the flat of the blade. "I, uh, meant to do that...."
OOC Comments
The Brodkil she swung at still has to make an Agility roll; if he doesn't get a 12, he's at -2 Parry until he acts next; if he doesn't get at least an 8, he's also Shaken.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Ah. I thought you were - well, change of plans. Kid!" She waves at the child, beckoning him into the ATV. "It's reinforced! You'll be safe!"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As Mika goes first, do you want alter your actions?

As things weren't fully established exactly where everyone was, I am presuming that Mica is currently on her bike riding alongside the ATV

When Savant gets in close, could she also make a fear test please

To take into account on any successful survival rolls

the red-skinned humanoids are, in fact, Brodkil—a type of demon from the Rifts that enjoys fighting and loves cybernetic enhancements. These supernaturally evil creatures often end up as thugs and
mercenaries thanks to their love of combat.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Fear Check [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Fear [dice]1[/dice]

Critical Failure. On Fear Check. Ouch.

Fear Table: [dice]2[/dice]

1-4 Adrenaline Surge:
The hero’s “fght”
response takes over. He adds +2 to all
Trait and damage rolls on his next action.

:lol: Corrigan, I'll leave the timing of that up to you. If it technically comes as she's running up on them, it would apply to the Agility Trick (raising the difficulty of his resistance roll to 14; if he gets less than a 10, he's Shaken); if it comes after her failed strike, the +2 kicks in on her first action next round.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
I was actually thinking I was in the ATV. But I suppose I could be riding my bike next to it. All the chatter could have been on the radio comms?
Mica pushes her visor on her helmet closed as she prepares for possible combat. She arms the RL-6 rocket launcher so it is ready if she needs to use it. She rides her bike up to attempt to get in between the Brodkill and the boy.
OOC Comments
Driving Check: [dice]0[/dice]
Driving Check Explodes: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Driving Check: [dice]1[/dice]
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: GM Post Drafts

Post by Corrigon »

Revving up her bike, Mica reacted the quickest in the team with her first instincts to protect the child. She raced ahead shooting across the bridge to come screaming to a halt in-between the Brodkil and the escaping child.
OOC Comments
drive roll to cross the bridge successful and now in front of Von
As you received a Joker, you also received an extra benny
As Penny Wise had slowed the ATV as they approached the bridge, Savant acted in much the way Crazies do the world opver, and hurled herself from the vehicle, dancing across the bridge at high speed to attack the flank.
However, upon seeing the Brodkil up close, their visage and smell affected Savant in a most peculiar way. Rather than running away from the fearsome demonic creatures, Savant's fight or flight response had been switched permanently to fight. As adrenaline surged, Savant attacked with her chainsword, but found she had forgotten to use the chain end, slapping it futilely against the Brodkill's thigh.
OOC Comments
You can add it now. Unfortunately, it still isn't enough to beat his parry and he successfully avoided your trick (he aced twice on the roll!!!)
The Brodkil were faster off the mark than the rest of the Losers.
The first looked at Savant, not impressed as he blocked her blow and dismissively swung at the Crazy with his claw, but only manages to scrape the paintwork.
OOC Comments
[dice]Hits Parry 7 for 9 damage[/dice]
The second Brodkil (whom has cybernetic implants in his legs) checked their run and hurtled wide around Mica, easily catching up to the child, but as he reached to grab him, his foot slipped in the mud and he grabbed thin air.
OOC Comments
pace 14
Fighting - failed
The third Brodkil (with a cybernetic arm) stopped and pulled out his rifle, taking aim at Mica and striking a heavy blow with the laser rifle.
OOC Comments
Hits
Damage 17 with AP 2
The fourth Brodkil (no implants) ran to one side, pulling out its Vibrosword and then promptly vanished from sight
OOC Comments
Brodkil has gone invisible
Penny, momentarily taken aback by Savant's actions, gunned the ATV across the bridge, avoiding crashing into the river as the bridge groaned in protest at the weight of the vehicle. She called to the child to get aboard.
OOC Comments
passed drive check and across the river behind Mica
The child looked behind at the Brodkil and needed no further encouragement to clamber inside the ATV for safety.

Kidemónas swooped down from on high landing between the ATV and the Brodkil, causing the Brodkil to back up slightly, His tail swept out at the Brodkil that tried to grab the child but it lacked conviction, bouncing off the Brodkil's armour.
OOC Comments
Most of the Brodkil looked unnerved by the appearance of a dragon hatchling- Brodkils 2-4 are shaken, but none of them critically failed that you can see
sweep action hit but didn't do enough damage to hurt him
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

initiative and map coming tomorrow
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas swooped down from on high landing between the ATV and the Brodkil, causing the Brodkil to back up slightly, His tail swept out at the Brodkil that tried to grab the child but it lacked conviction, bouncing off the Brodkil's armour. Shielding the child he says "Stay with us friend we will protect you." While trying to give his least intimidation smile.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Initiative Round 2

Savant KC
Mica QC
Kidemónas 9H
Brodkil 8H
Penny 8C

As the child has clambered abroad the ATV, he will now go alongside Penny. He will mostly be in awe of the sight of a dragon.

As you have gotten up close with the Brodkil, you notice that one of them and possibly the one that disappeared had no cybernetics.
Brodkil 2 has cybernetic legs and Brodkil 3 has an extra cybernetic arm, which is why he was able to get his rifle out quickly.

All of them are armed with rifles and Vibroswords
Attachments
MAP2.png
MAP2.png (348.54 KiB) Viewed 22790 times
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC: Damage re-rolled. Looks much better.
OOC Comments
Automatic Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]

Agility Trick B2: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Trick: [dice]3[/dice]

Fighting B2: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Fighting: [dice]5[/dice]

Okay, so that's Parry 10 hit if the trick didn't work; if it does, then that's Parry 12.

Damage: [dice]7[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice]
If Hit with Raise Damage: [dice]6[/dice]

So... 8 or 9 MD, AP 4, depending on whether or not she got the raise on the attack. I doubt that did more than Shake at best, sadly.

Actually, since no one's gone yet, I'm going to spend a Bennie to reroll damage.

Damage Reroll: [dice]9[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice]
Raise Damage Reroll: [dice]11[/dice]

That's 15 damage for a regular hit, or 20 if the hit was a Raise. That is a bennie well-spent.
Savant ducks under the attack from the Brodkil, allowing it to glance off the back of her armor, and instead of trying to deal with him, lunges around him, to get at the one with the cybernetic legs, hoping to catch that one off-guard--and, not incidentally, pin both of them down so neither can withdraw without her getting another shot in. Of course, as the blow swings at the fiend, she gets the feeling she's only going to have to worry about one of them....
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

The child on board, Penny kicks it into reverse, even as she grabs her rifle from the spare seat. She nods to the little kid.

"Sorry about, ah, about all the mess," she said, waving to the food wrappers and pieces of paper and garbage scattered around. "I kind of live in here. Hang on, I'll get some distance between us and them."
OOC Comments
Drive: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die Ace: [dice]5[/dice]

Also, Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
And JiC d20: [dice]3[/dice]
And JiC 1d100: [dice]4[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas shouts out "He's invisible, I cannot see him Savant" voice breaking a little as his adrenaline starts really flowing. Concentrating for a moment he says the Arcane words Nicholas helped him learn his as power surges through him letting him better predict his enemies moves and attacks the nearest brodkil with his powerful claws capable of rending steel.
OOC Comments
Notice Roll [dice]0[/dice] -4 to see invisible brodkil.
Wild Die Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Spell casting Roll Boost Fighting [dice]2[/dice] (minus two for multiple action penalty included)
Wild Die Spell [dice]3[/dice] (minus two for multiple action penalty included)
Bennies extra effort on spellcasting [dice]8[/dice]

Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die Fighting [dice]5[/dice]

If Attack is successful damage is
Claws [dice]6[/dice] + [dice]7[/dice] AP 4
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Shooting Roll [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Shooting Roll [dice]1[/dice]

If hit successful Damage Roll [dice]2[/dice]
1 die aced [dice]3[/dice]
Damage total: 16 Mega Damage (AP 11)
Mica watches the second brokill in front of her fall in the mud as the laser from the third Brokill hits her bike and bounces off the MD armor. She pulls the trigger on her RL-6 rocket launcher to let a rocket fly at the second brokill.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Round 2
Most of the Brodkil facing you were unnerved by facing a dragon, though the one facing Savant seemed unbothered by your presence

OOC Comments
Brodkil 2&3 are shaken.
Savant twirled around the Brodkil he was fighting and struck the Brodkil shooting at Mica from behind, chainsword cutting upwards between its legs. The Brodkil screamed in pain for a second before collapsing to the floor twitching.
OOC Comments
Doesn’t matter if the trick is successful as your attack guts Brodkil 2
As Savant dealt with the Brodkil shooting at her, Mica found herself unengaged and promptly switched targets to the Brodkil who was trading blows with their dragon ally. She unleashed a salvo from the launcher on her bike, causing Kidemonas' foe to disappear in a hail of tiny rockets. As the smoke cleared, the Brodkil lay on the floor, cybernetics shot to bits.
OOC Comments
Hit and more than enough damage to wound and kill Brodkil 3, even if he wasn’t already shaken.
Finding himself suddenly without a foe, Kidemonas took the opportunity to cast a spell on himself, as the skill of his parents flowed through him granting him a greater understanding of how to use his claws and tail.

Sadly as he had to move slightly to attack his new foe, his blow was not as accurate as he’d like and the Brodkil was able to sidestep your attack, your claws sinking into the muddy grass next to where he now stood.
OOC Comments
As Mica has killed your foe, which leaves Brodkil 1 as the only remaining foe that you can see, so I will assume that you moving to attack him. It is within your pace, so it’s a free action.
Unfortunately, 3 isn’t enough to beat his parry and you miss.
Brodkil 1 drew out his vibrosword, though not as quickly as he'd like and smiled evilly, swinging a blow at the dragon’s claws beside him, intent on severing one as a trophy, but his blow is impeded by the amount of mud thrown into the air by Kidemonas' attack and misses the large claw before. Before anybody else can react, it also disappears from sight.
OOC Comments
agility to draw weapon quickly, [dice]0[/dice] which he doesn't, so action to draw weapon
fighting -2 MAP, +2 to hit a dragon D8
[dice]1[/dice] so fails to hit
Goes invisible and moves as a free action
In the distance, Savant’s radar sense could pick up the other Brodkil moving at speed away from the fight

Both reassuring and apologising to the child, who gave you a big thumbs up, as he watched the fighting through the window, Penny gunned the ATV into reserve and retreated back across the bridge. It protested at the weight again, making you think that you probably won't want to do that too many times.

"Whoa, did you see that?" he exclaims as the team make short work of two of the Brodkil.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Round 3 Initiative

Kidemonas AH
Penny 9D
Mica 7S
Brodkil 6S
Savant 7D
Attachments
round 3.png
round 3.png (346.09 KiB) Viewed 22584 times
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Concentrating Kidemónas looks around and at the ground trying to follow the movements of the brodkil. “We cannot let him get to the boy.” Kidemónas starts to worry that if he cannot spot the creature it may make it across the bridge. Struggling inside with the decision to either block the brodkil from crossing the bridge or destroy the demon.

Unable to see the monster Kidemónas flies to the other side of the bridge trying to block the way, doing his best to guard the way and only letting his friends past.
OOC Comments
Notice to spot the brodkil: [dice]0[/dice] (including a -4 for invisibility, requires an 8 for success)
Wild die for notice: [dice]1[/dice] (including a -4 for invisibility, requires an 8 for success)
  • Determined by Notice Roll Failed so option B was taken
    [1] In the unlikely event I spot the brodkil, I will swoop towards him and use my fire breath cone for 2d10 mega damage. Agility roll -2 to dodge out of the area. Roll [dice]2[/dice]
    [2] If I do not spot the brodkil I will instead move to the other side of the bridge and block the path, doing me best to stand guard. This is a Hold action in case it reappears.
    [3] Finally, if I spot the demon, but it is running from the battle field I will not pursue and instead perform the actions listed under Spoiler. I can then edit my post to show the above under spoiler and the RP as normal text.

spoiler
Seeing the last of the enemies fleeing Kidemónas spins a loop in the air landing next to his friends. “Ha, ha. Did you see that?” The odd conflict of a dragon’s deep voice, with the inflection of an adolescent giving away the excitement and adrenaline still flowing in his body.
We totally sent them running. Savant you where awesome, dancing around that guy like he was sleeping.
Mica, a rocket, that was so cool. You completely blew him to smithereens!
And Penny, spinning in like that and grabbing the boy. Makes me wish I could drive." Pausing only briefly in his excitement he corrects himself. “Well flying is still better, but if I could do both I would learn to drive too.
Bouncing around a bit with excitement he continues chattering as he starts swinging one of the fallen brodkil’s swords around like a parrying dagger. Only after about 30 seconds of excitement will he calm down and looks at the boy.
His body shimmering fluidly as he takes on the form of a young Mediterranean looking man in his early 20’s, with strong lines, deep brows and dark black hair. Before he starts chattering again as his adrenaline wears off. “Oh, hey. I'm Kidemónas, that means protector, but people call me Kid, that means kid. What’s your name, why are you out here by your self?
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Please ignore this post if I misunderstood something, but:
My last move, I stated specifically that Savant was trying to be adjacent to both B1 and B2 (essentially putting herself between them). Since B1 turned Invisible, Savant should, in theory, get a free swing at B1 (Page 76, SWD). Assuming this is the case, posting the rolls. Since it's a response attack, no free Agility Trick this time.

Swordiness: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Sword: [dice]1[/dice]
Sword Ace: [dice]2[/dice]

16 to hit pretty much guarantees a Raise.

Damage: [dice]3[/dice] + [dice]4[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice]

... 5 damage on three dice. Not going to spend another Bennie this early, so....
As the Brodkil cockily assumes that being invisible will prevent a pre-emptive strike by Savant, she quickly swings to dissuade him of that belief.... and soundly smacks him on the rump, again, with the flat of the blade.

"I, uh, still meant to do that."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice Check: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice Check: [dice]1[/dice]
Sitting on her bike, Mica pulls out and readies her Gallent H-90 and scans the area for any more danger.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny gives the kid the thumbs up, as she shouts out the top hatch. "Thanks! I'll teach you to drive! But in the meantime, I think one of them went invisible, so where is it..."

Penny thumped the shopworn touchscreen for the onboard systems, and it finally flickered to life. She selected the enhanced sensor suite, trying to find the missing brodkil.
OOC Comments
The Mountaineer ATV has the Sensor Suite feature, which incorporates thermal imaging and radar; going to use it to try and find our sneaky friend.

JiC d20: [dice]2[/dice]
JiC d100: [dice]3[/dice]
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant considers the situation carefully; one of the Brodkil is halfway to gone, but the other is almost on top of Penny and the kid, and both are invisible. She's pretty sure an invisible Brodkil can do a LOT of damage by taking time to line up the shot... Damn

She lunges after the one on the bridge, neither attacking from behind, nor moving around in the same way she did last time, but leaping up at the last moment and coming down with the sword at the thing's head, as she screams, "Death from above!"

OOC: It's been brought to my attention that I foolishly put d12s for the wild dice, not d6s. Sorry, I was still half asleep. Edited below.
OOC Comments
Move up to B1 (free).

Agility Trick (Free) [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Trick [dice]1[/dice]
REAL Wild Trick [dice]8[/dice]

If it rolls a 10 or less on its Agility, that's a successful Trick. (-2 Parry)
If it rolls a 6 or less on its Agility, that's a Trick with a Raise. (-2 Parry, Shaken)

Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
REAL Wild Fighting [dice]9[/dice]

If no Trick, that should still be a hit.
If Trick, that should be a hit with a Raise.

Fighting Damage [dice]4[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice]
Damage Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Raise Fighting Damage [dice]6[/dice]

With the edit for correcting the Wild Dice (again, sorry about that), I doubt I got the raise, but the damage should still be enough to take down B1.

So, either 28 damage, or 32.... I'm pretty sure the sword never actually stops as it passes down through the body....
Last edited by Savant on Sat May 06, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] (if 6 or higher Danger sense edge kicks in)
Wild die for notice: [dice]1[/dice] (if 6 or higher Danger sense edge kicks in)
This post assumes the combat has concluded. If it has not, I will delete.
Also I will delete the previous spoiler this came from, that did not happen.
Seeing the last of the enemies sliced in half by Savant Kidemónas spins a loop in the air landing next to his friends. “Ha, ha. Did you see that?” The odd conflict of a dragon’s deep voice, with the inflection of an adolescent giving away the excitement and adrenaline still flowing in his body.
“We totally, crushed them, that one even took off running. Savant you where awesome, dancing around those guys like they where sleeping. But slicing that guy in half was a little um, messy?
“Mica, a rocket, that was so cool. You completely blew him to smithereens!
“And Penny, spinning in like that and grabbing the boy. Makes me wish I could drive.”
Pausing only briefly in his excitement he corrects himself. “Well flying is still better, but if I could do both I would learn to drive too.”
Bouncing around a bit with excitement he continues chattering as he starts swinging one of the fallen brodkil’s swords around like a parrying dagger. Only after about 30 seconds of excitement will he calm down and looks at the boy.
His body shimmering fluidly as he takes on the form of a young Mediterranean looking man in his early 20’s, with strong lines, deep brows and dark black hair. Before he starts chattering again as his adrenaline wears off. “Oh, hey. I'm Kidemónas, that means protector, but people call me Kid, that means kid. What’s your name, why are you out here by your self?”
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Hercules
After hearing a few worrying reports regarding troop movements, the Leadership at Castle Refuge had decided to reinforce 3rd SET with extra personnel. Hercules was one of the new people assigned, partly to get him out of Castle Refuge and far enough away as to limit the headaches he was giving his superiors.

Allocated a Big Boss ATV and the designated patrol route, Hercules and three other recruits set out to rendezvous with the rest of their squad as soon as possible.
Along the route provided, the team arrived at a town that had not been on the map, near a minor leyline. The locals were very cautious around them and had urged them to leave. Very quickly, it became apparent that the town was a fadetown which were somewhat rare outside of the magic zone and it was about to shift.
The Leyline erupted with energy and before the squad was able to escape, everything exploded into bright white.

When Hercules came to, there was nobody else around; no town and no squadmates. However, his communicator, which was set to the 3rd SET’s frequency was picking up chatter and it sounded like it was nearby.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Von grins as the last demon falls and the team are victorious (cue victory music).
“That was amazing!” He shouts, from the ATV, clambering out of the now stationary ATV, big wide eyes taking in the aftermath.

"You were amazing with the…,” his hands swiped around like he was using a sword, “and you,” he looked at Kidemonas, “rar,” he stomped down on the floor as Kidemonas changed into a smaller form.

“Coooooolllll.” He said, obviously having not seen a dragon do that before.

“And boom, thank you for getting in their way. They’d have had me if it weren’t for you two.” he looked at Mica and her bike and then Penny and the ATV, before he then calms himself visibly.

“I’m grateful, of course, for the rescue. My name is Von. It’s lucky for me you showed up when you did!”

Von points northwards. “I live in a village called Garnet Town, it’s not far from here. We’ve been under attack by these… things,” He indicates the Brodkil, “…said they were with the Black Market. A lot of my people have gone missing when these monsters showed up.”

Von holds out one hand. “Come back to town with me, my mother is the mayor. I’m sure she’d want to thank you in person!”
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant smiles indulgently at the boy's antics, but then faces down the river, the direction the last Brodkil escaped. I could probably track and catch him, unless he's smart enough to swim part of the way, in which case I'd have to move slower to search both sides for prints... Meanwhile, the rest of the crew would be without me around, and I'm the only one who could see another ambush coming... Damn.

Then she nods, firmly. "Getting the boy back where he belongs makes sense. Maybe someone in town knows more about where the Brodkil are coming from." The woman with the painted-on eyes looks down at the boy. "You were wise and brave, knowing you needed to flee, but also not locking up in terror at the creatures. You will make a fine warrior, someday." And with that proclamation, she gets back in the shotgun seat, keeping her sword ready in one hand as they ride, and the other hand on the door-handle.
OOC Comments
Ride into town:

Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild CK: [dice]3[/dice]
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

OOC Comments
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] (failed to roll correctly in earlier post)
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice] Dice Aced: [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts Test: [dice]2[/dice] (for looting) Dice Aced: [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Kidemónas stops to think for a moment. "Hey, anyone needs these guns?" Taking a couple of their swords & scabbards he puts them on.
"If no-one wants these we can sell them, or give them to people who need them for self defense." Heading over to join the group he continues his disjointed rambling as the young are inclined to do. "I think I will stay in this form. My experience is people start running and screaming when I try to talk to them without pretending to be human."
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice Check [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice Check [dice]1[/dice]
Mica turns her bike around and heads back to Penny's ATV. "My name is Mica, nice to meet you Von." Listening to Von's story, she nods in agreement. "Let's head for the town."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant sits for a bit as they drive, then looks at Von. "You said those fiends said they were working for the Black Market? How many people have gone missing?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas still a little confused about the nature of the different factions says. "Well, we should find their leader and tell them to lay off. It is not right for them to be bullying your people?"

Kidemónas will fall into random and pointless conversation with the boy in the background during the rest of the ride to town. Telling him some of the stories Nicholas used to tell him.
Notice 4
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Garnet Town, hmm? Tell me more about it." Now that things were a little more relaxed, Penny drove the ATV with one hand on the wheel, the other out the window. "As for the guns, we'll go over them once we've had a chance to stop. I could use a heavy weapon - half of everything out here, all my rifle does is scratch the paint."
OOC Comments

JiC d20: [dice]2[/dice]
JiC 1d100: [dice]3[/dice]
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles is grateful for being sent out in to the field once more. Castle Refuge is a wonderful place, of course, but being cooped up for too long with no action tends to make him very on edge. Some go so far as to call him 'irritable' and 'impatient' - or even worse things though generally not to his face. Well, there was that one time with the dragon hatchling. What an epic brawl that turned in to! Many drinks, songs and joy came from that friendly fight! Drinking helps, of course, dulling the senses and reflexes, calming the nerves, but for some that can only help for so long. Some of the higher-ranked individuals had started to bemoan the sight of the dog boy coming towards them to ask one more abut a mission or task to complete.

And so, a journey to adventure! Adventure and reinforcement, apparently, though not by himself. Venturing forth in to the unknown, well slightly known, they come upon a a town and a ley line. The ley line gives Heracles a headache, making him more irritable then for lack of action back at Castle Refuge. He tries to keep the snarling and snapping down to a minimum, bearing the pain with grace and little external damage. He is told of what a 'fadetown' is just in time for it to not matter as everything explodes!

Whiteness. Followed by darkness. Followed by the pain of consciousness and a sore body. Everything aches, his head is pounding, his mouth full of metaphorical cotton. He opens one eye and immediately regrets it. He tries again, wincing and keeping his eyes narrowed. Tolerable. He hears voices, and quickly realizes that they are coming from the radio and not his own skull.

"Hello? To the voices I hear on my electronic box called a radio, it is I, Heracles, coming to your aid...." Pause. "To aid you better, please guide me to your location." He looks around. "I appear to have lost those I was traveling with to reinforce you. Stupid ley line foul trickery."
Notice
Notice Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]

Sigh. Of course on my first post I copied the standard notice and didn't update it to my own notice skill. So...I rolled a 6 on the Wild die and then I guess the extra wild die is the roll on top of that, lol.
Last edited by Heracles on Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Looking around suspiciously Kidemonas asks the others. "I do not know of others coming." Thinking a bit he continues.
"Heracles, Heracles son of Zeus, I know stories about Heracles, do you think this is the same guy Nicholas knew?"

Starting to get excited he responds on the radio.
"Hey are you friends with Nicholas? Are you Heracles son of Zeus? Did Nicholas send you here, is he okay?"
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant looks at the dragon talking on the radio, then gently takes the mic. "Heracles, if you are on this channel you must be Tomorrow Legion. This is the 3rd SET. We are approaching a place called Garnet Town. Can you locate it and meet us there? It is near the Ley Line. Also, please be careful until you get here; we have encountered Brodkil in the area."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As the team began asking questions; Von answered them in turn beginning with Savant
“The Black Market; Not a lot. I never even heard of ‘em until these cyborg things showed up and started attacking the town.”

“About a dozen people over the last few weeks have gone missing. Most of ‘em when they were out working in the fields or wandering outside of town. I remember they grabbed Old Man Duncan first.”

OOC Comments
Garnet Town is a village in the area that was not flagged as being of great importance in terms of political power, not a market town or possessing a military force.
Presuming that there are no more questions, Von guides you to Garnet Town and the next thread here.
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=531
Heracles
As you begin to make your way from the West towards the signal of the 3rd SET, you can there are woods in the distance to the East and a slightly rising hill. As you make your way up the hill, you can see a settlement just over the rise and a vehicle on the western side kicking up dust heading towards the only gate in the wall surrounding the village.

OOC Comments
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles grins widely at being recognized, the smile able to be heard in booming joyous voice. "I am indeed the Son of Zeus, reborn! Well met! I know not if we know a person in common named Nicholas, though I have met more than one person by that name before."

Then a woman's voice broke in as well and Heracles found himself nodding even though no one else was around. "The Legion of Tomorrow, indeed! A worthy group that I have chosen to bestow my great skill and courage upon!" He then sounds a bit disgusted. "Thank you for the warning. But...another Ley Line? Fah! If I must. I shall meet you there anon."

He orients himself and begins walking towards the town, keeping an eye out for any Brodkil.
Notice 10, +2 if Olfactory applies
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

As Heracles ends the radio contact, Savant smiles. "Ooh, I think I'm going to like him."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “3rd SET Adventure Forum”