Garnet Town Act 2

Adventures of the 3rd SET, The Losers
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Garnet Town Act 2

Post by Corrigon »

After you formulate your plan, Lieutenant Cornell recommends that when you get close (about 100 metres or so), that somebody scouts ahead.

Post your plan here and whom might be doing what, then I will place the first post

Penny - your I know a guy will take place here. I will flag it up when it becomes relevant.
GM bennies 6/8
Freya Kay

Re: Garnet Town Act 2

Post by Freya Kay »

Rolls
OOC Comments
So, to build her new gadgets:
NERD: Neural-electrooptical-realignment-device (Detect Arcana) - Rank Novice PP 2 PPE 12 (6 charges)
To see the Brodkill.
Build Roll (+2 Machine Maestro): [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
That is a 9: Success and a raise, so it gets +5 PPE, for a total of 12.
Optical pattern camouflage (Invisibility) - Rank Seasoned PP 5 PPE 17 (3 charges)
Build Roll (+2 Machine Maestro -2 rank): [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
That is a 14: Success and a 2 raises, so it gets +10 PPE for a total of 17.
2 Brodkill Bang Grenade (Confusion) - Novice PP 1 PPE 7 (up to 6 creatures affected)
Instilling confusion in enemies is a powerful aid in combat, and this power provides that ability. On a success, a target must make a Smarts roll at –2 or be Shaken, and on a raise, the roll is made at –4. Additional Targets: The character may affect up to five targets by spending a like amount of additional Power Points.
2 grenades, 2 rolls.
Build Roll (+2 Machine Maestro): [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]7[/dice]
Build Roll (+2 Machine Maestro): [dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]9[/dice]
Freya approaches the group, a wide smile and several odd looking devices in her arms.
"Merry Christmas! This one will allow seeing invisible beings, this other will make you invisible to the brodkill, and these two grenades are set to emit a sound pulse that should stun them for a second, enough for you to take a group out, without affecting yourselves."
She seems almost glowing.
"I love science!"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Science sounds pretty neato. Thanks, Freya. Okay, Heracles: sorry I didn't chime in before, you scouting sounds great. I think you should scout ahead, with the device that makes you invisible to brodkil. Kide, make a big distraction once we give the signal, but don't give the impression you know where the base is. We'll call you back if we need you. Everyone who can take a laser hit or two to the front. You find the hostages, let me know - I'll pack them into the ATV and get them out. Anyone who wants to help me is welcome to it."

She checked, one last time, that he laser rifle was loaded.

"Pick out a grenade, figure out who gets the device that sees the invisible, and let's move."
OOC Comments
Penny will stick in the ATV and drive it around, using her ability to confer bennies as need be and ferrying people in (anyone who wants to ride shotgun) and ferrying people out (hostages.)

Notice Die: [dice]0[/dice]
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

"I would like to go first too, look for the hostages and try to keep them safe with my portable Force Field generator. With my SEP Field Generator, I am able to pass undetected on most occasions..."
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 4
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Kidemónas accepts the equipment from Freya and seems pretty happy about it. "Thank you, this will keep them from sneaking around on us. They can be very hard to see when invisible."
Looking around the group he adds. "If we use Penny's plan I will not need to be invisible, so one of you may get better use from that."
Kidemónas looks at Freya, "I am not sure I can use this as well as you, especially with my claws being so large and the controls so small. Could you please use it on me?"

Once the power is active Kidemónas looks at the rest of the team and says. "Lets go."
Boost Psionics 11
Once he believes he is close enough Kidemónas will draw upon his arcane might and infuse himself with the knowledge of his ancestors.
Boost Psionics - Spellcasting Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
  • Spellcasting Aced: [dice]4[/dice]
Boost Psionics - Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Just as everyone is about to split off, Savant holds up a hand. "Wait! I am sorry, my friends, but the voices in my head are reminding me that I have another option. Please, pause but a moment." Focusing, she sends her senses forward roughly 100 meters, following the CS flunky's indicators.
Notice 11, Psionics 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Spending 4 ISP--Radarsense and Hearing, centered on the location indicated by Cornell.
Clairvoyance Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Psionics [dice]3[/dice]

So, need to know what she sees. Unlike the earlier Divination, I am NOT making any assumptions, here.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The (re)united Losers and Lieutenant Cornell head into the forest and before long, you are a few hundred metres away from where you believe the hostages to be.

The voices help Savant remember her abilities, the same voices and Caws that were distracting her until that point. Unfettering her mind, she is able to extend her consciousness into the campsite ahead.
OOC Comments
I am presuming that you are telling the group everything you see
A campfire illuminates a small group of crudely-built tents next to a cavern entrance. Across the mouth of the cave, several bamboo poles have been lashed together to build a makeshift cage door—obviously some kind of prison. Seated around the fire are several Brodkil—the red-skinned, muscular and cyber-enhanced humanoids you battled earlier by the bridge.

One of the Brodkil is far larger than the others, with one of his arms fully replaced by cybernetics. He is adorned with several grisly trophies and seems to be a leader amongst his kind.

A towering giant robot stands partially submerged in the river. Clearly some kind of combat model, the robot has two large missile launchers on its shoulders and two stubby energy weapons on a ball turret in its chest— it is a fairly well-known model called a Forager combat robot. The robot looks like it is a mercenary vehicle, with several battle scars and old, weathered insignia. A stylized capital “S” has been marked on the right leg. The giant robot begins to move, walking forward into the river until it is entirely submerged and vanishes from sight.

Penny – When Savant informs the group about what she sees, you recognise (I know a guy) the markings on the robot as belonging to a mercenary named Strickland that you have met and briefly interviewed before. You know he is good at what he does, but is definite mercenary and on more distasteful jobs, has a tendency to get paid off, but you also had a reasonable relationship with him. After a brief look through your notes, you remember the channel he uses for private conversations. If you want to contact him;

“Well, I recognise the dulcet tones of my favourite reporter. I’m listening. Just make this conversation worth my time, or else I’ll have to get my kicks taking you on with my robot’s weapon systems.”
OOC Comments
Make a persuasion roll – he is currently hostile
GM bennies 6/8
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

White Hoof grunts and tightens his grip on his grenade launcher ready to let the plasma fly as soon as any of the hostiles so much as twitch in manner he doesn't like. Yes this includes the CS officer.
OOC Comments
Notice
Skill [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya gets her SEP field generator out, ready to get herself "unnoticeable" too (and extra people if needed).
* Note: The SEP field doesn't make you invisible, but makes other creatures "ignore" you, and actively try to avoid the target(s). SEP stands for "Somebody Else's Problem"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemònas looks on with envy as the others get to turn invisible.
OOC Comments
Whole not for him, from a optimal game mechanic point of view, he would still want all the powers.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Strickland! Small world." Penny leaned closer to the radio, thinking for a moment. "Well, I'd hate to have to take a missile to the face, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to deal with the resultant fight from the friends I've brought along. So how about we make a deal: if you suddenly forget how to fight, I'll tell everyone here to avoid attacking you and I won't mention to anyone how you were hooked up with brodkil. Hell - if you help us out I'll make sure to tell everyone how well you fought, and that'll help raise your pay rate down the line. What do you say?"
OOC Comments
Persuasion: [dice]0[/dice]
Ace Die: [dice]4[/dice]

Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles looked at his ally Freya as she spoke a lot of technowizardry babble, but he nodded as he got the gist of most of what she was talking about for the devices. He had a way to make himself more stealthy, and he could definitely sense if not see the Brodkil even when invisible, but he certainly wouldn't turn any aid in those aspects for sure.

To Penny, one of his eyebrows rose up and he smiled. "I am not concerned. My plans are not always the best plans." He stopped and thought about it. "In fact, my old friend Dani used to tell me all the time that my plans were crazy and then chuckle as if it was a good joke."
OOC Comments
Notice: 2 (+2 for Crazy Awareness, +2 Olfactory)
Notice die: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]1[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Penny Wise wrote:"Strickland! Small world." Penny leaned closer to the radio, thinking for a moment. "Well, I'd hate to have to take a missile to the face, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to deal with the resultant fight from the friends I've brought along. So how about we make a deal: if you suddenly forget how to fight, I'll tell everyone here to avoid attacking you and I won't mention to anyone how you were hooked up with brodkil. Hell - if you help us out I'll make sure to tell everyone how well you fought, and that'll help raise your pay rate down the line. What do you say?"

"I always liked your style Penny," Strickland laughed, the signal crackling as being submerged underwater was affecting the signal strength, "however, I'm being quite well paid for this job. I will need a new job after this especially with considering whom my employer is. Tell you what, I'll sit this out if you can hook me up with another job with good benefits."
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Will do, Strickland. And thanks." Penny turned to the others, explaining the situation with Strickland - that he was submerged underwater and he'd offered to sit the fight out, so they should not open fire on him unless they had no choice. This wrinkle ironed out, she then said the group should move forward as planned.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 5
With the word Kidemónas cannot contain himself any more and he moves out, before swooping over the camp Kidemónas will activate his arcane infusion making himself more hearty so any unwanted shots will cause no significant injury to him. Flying in a large curve as if he is simply hunting, for prey Kidemónas will swing in close enough to get the brodkil's attention hoping they will follow and attack him. Once they attack he will feign injury and take off towards the ambush site acting injured.
Arcane Infusion 10, raise +2 die types to Vigor, +2 toughness
Kidemónas Boost Vigor: [dice]2[/dice]
Aced [dice]4[/dice]
Vigor Boost Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Activate Bracers 5 this will offset the +2 to hit from his size
Kidemónas Bracers: [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Bracers: [dice]6[/dice]
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]1[/dice]
"That is good we don't have to fight the robot. I guess it is time to suit up." Mica gets on her cyclone and flips the switch and engages the transformation to robot mode.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

"Finally!" She resumes her position on the hood of the vehicle, ready to make a riding charge at the Brodkil once they appear.
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

White Hoof cycles through his weapons to check their readiness. With an approving smile he pulls out his rotary multi barreled mini rail gun. This was his baby.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: posts for games

Post by Corrigon »

Act 2 - Surprise Round

As Kidemonas swoops overhead, trying to look as if he was hunting, you can see a total of 11 Brodkil around the camp, some around the campfire, others on guard duty at the cave and others coming out of tents to find out what the disturbance. A few of the Brodkil pick up their rifles and aim them in the direction of the dragon hatchling, but the largest Brodkil shouts at them.

"Don't be stupid. That can't hurt him. Let it leave or if it wants, we can offer it one of the prisoners. Maybe that plump one with the glasses. Bet that would make a fine snack for him!"

Many of the other Brodkil laugh at this point, but some still keep a wary eye on the Dragon as he flies overhead.
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice] including Kidemonas' distraction
A couple of the Brodkil glance around into the woods having been disturbed. One of them looks straight at your group, but after an anxious few seconds, turns away again.
OOC Comments
Surprise round, so you have the drop on them except for Kidemonas. Post your actions. Party is to the North of the camp, just off the edge of the map. Please note the size of the hexes. The cave isn't quite that large an opening, nor are the tents 20 yards wide :lol:
Attachments
Act 2 Map round 1.png
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Sweeping over the camp Kidemónas tries to identify where the prisoners are relative to the brodkil. Banking as he goes over he looks into the tents to see if there are prisoners inside, such as those who would be questioned or others.
Notice 5
I assume they are behind the caged area, but he is worried some may be in tents.

As an FYI only (I have done the same) there are two B3's and curious what is A, something we can identify as different?
Once Kidemónas hears they won't be following him he confirms there are no innocents at risk, turns sharply and sweeps down on the leader biting down on him and shaking his head vigorously.
Fighting 10, Damage is 44 AP4
Use Auto-Ace on fighting roll = 6
Kidemónas Fighting Roll: [dice]2[/dice] +6
Fighting Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Damage
Strength+3d6: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice]+5 AP4
  • Bennie to reroll: Strength+3d6: [dice]6[/dice]+[dice]7[/dice]+5 AP4
    • One d12 Aced in damage roll: [dice]8[/dice]
      One d6 in Damage aced: [dice]9[/dice]
      • d6 Ace Aced again [dice]10[/dice]
Last edited by Kidemonas on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Behind the wheel of the car, Penny gunned the gas, determined to get her passengers to the front lines quickly, and just as determined to get the hostages out.
OOC Comments
Drive: [dice]0[/dice]
Spending a Benny to get a 1d6 boost: [dice]4[/dice]

Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Just before Kidemonas startles the Brodkill, Freya activates her SEP Field Generator.
OOC Comments
Tecno-Wizardry: 8 - Success and a raise
Roll (+4 Machine Maestro): [dice]0[/dice]
With a raise, the character is completely invisible. The penalty to Notice or hit her is –6.
Uses 5 PPE.
When they are occupied with the dragon, she quickly walks into the camp, apparently completely visible, but with her SEP Field making the Brodkill ignore her as if she is of no concern to them.
OOC Comments
How far can she go? Does anyone go with her?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice roll [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice roll [dice]1[/dice]
rolled poorly on the notice roll, she is going to be really focused on her target.

stealth roll [dice]2[/dice]
wild stealth roll [dice]3[/dice]
ace wild stealth roll [dice]6[/dice]
any bonuses from the invisiblity?
stealth total: 10 + ?

shooting roll
+2 from perk, +4 from drop, -2 for range
shooting roll[dice]4[/dice]
use benny to reroll shooting roll
benny roll [dice]7[/dice]
wild shooting roll [dice]5[/dice]
benny failed me, shooting roll total 8

Mica is shooting at B3

Damage Roll [dice]8[/dice]
Bonuses +1 from perk, +4 from drop
total damage: 20 AP 2
Mica comes in stealthfully and takes aim at one of the Brodkil close to the group with her Gallent H90 in rifle mode. A weapon that she has personally trained with to be more deadly with. She engages her enhanced targeting systems to lock on and take the shoot soon as the others start to make their moves. She is very focused on her target and doesn't notice anything going on.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
(includes racial and IF bonus)

Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]3[/dice]
+1 for Double-Tap, +4 The Drop, -2 for Unstable Platform, -2 for Medium Range = net +1
(Aiming at B8.)

Simple hit, Damage 3d6+2, +1 for Double-Tap, +4 for the Drop: [dice]4[/dice]
Bennie to reroll damage: [dice]5[/dice]
Bennie to reroll damage: [dice]6[/dice]

Hopefully, 17 damage is enough to drop B8.

Split the Seconds, targeting B5, additional -2 for Long Range
Shooting [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]8[/dice]
Savant, riding on the hood of the vehicle, struggles to keep her weapon steady as she pulls off two quick shots at the Brodkil she deems to be the most immediate obstacle to Penny getting them deeper into the camp, now that Mica has cleared one . Then, since she seems to have time to kill, and since the damn world moves too slow for her taste, she swivels and shoots again, this time at one of the demons close to the fire pit. Sadly, those shots go wide of the mark, striking the fire and sending up a small spray of sparks.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

As they get ready and the young dragon flies over head to attract attention, Heracles focuses himself a bit, telling the group a story about one of his mythical journeys as they drive closer, about slaying a monster that was very tough. The group, some of them despite themselves possibly, start to feel invigorated as electricity arcs from Heracles to them as he speaks.

Then as Penny revs the vehicle forward and the combat actually begins, Heracles feels the drive of chaos hovering nearby, waiting its turn, waiting to be unleashed. For the moment, he does not give in. He holds it back as he raises his rifle and aims at one of the Brodkil in the camp, releasing a blast of laser fire at it with a quick double-pull of the trigger.
OOC Comments
Boost Vigor with Jazz trapping on group in car (Heracles, Savant, White Hoof, Freya and Penny): Psionics die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice]

Shooting Brodkil#4: 16 to hit, 15 damage, AP 2.
Shooting die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].
Benny for extra effort [dice]4[/dice], Explosion on extra effort [dice]5[/dice], Explosion more [dice]6[/dice]
Damage: [dice]7[/dice].

Notice: 15 (+2 olfactory).
Notice die [dice]8[/dice], Wild die [dice]9[/dice], Notice explosion [dice]10[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The Losers flew into action with devastating results. Hidden by Freya’s SEP device, they were able to make a devastating first attack that left the Brodkil reeling.

Whilst Penny’s ATV surged forward from a standing start towards the middle of the camp, Heracles and Savant leaned out of the sides, opening fire on Brodkil as they approach, both eliminating one Brodkil apiece.

From the edge of the woods, hidden in the foliage, Mica sniped at the Brodkil, her accurate fire eliminating another of their foes.

Freya quietly slipped around the side, running as fast as her legs and SEP device would allow. As was customary for White Hoof, he followed alongside, providing a barrier against any stray fire as they headed towards the cave, where they believed the prisoners were being kept.

As several of the Brodkil died in the initial barrage, Kidemonas swooped down from immediately overhead, taking advantage of the ensuing chaos. The large Brodkil had just been in the process of lifting a radio to its mouth and bringing a NG-E4 Plasma Ejector to bear on the approaching ATV as it noticed your shadow grow darker and closer. It didn’t even have time to scream properly as Kidemonas’ jaws clamped around it and your powerful muscles biting the large Brodkil in half, though you thought you might now have some Brodkil guts stuck in your large pointy teeth.

Initiative
Kidemonas - Red Joker - Placed you first, but if you want to go at another point in the initiative sequence, let me know please. +2 to all of your dice rolls
Heracles Ace clubs
Penny 10 Spades
Mica 9 spades
White Hoof 9 Diamonds
Freya 8 Spades
Savant 6 Spades

Brodkil 2S
Attachments
Act 2 Map round 2.png
GM bennies 6/8
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

Still keeping his large form between Freya and the Brodkill White Hoof targets the closest one with his rail gun.

"Let's ROCK!!!

The high pith of machinery cranking is heard as the barrels spin and it cuts loose a volley of rounds.
OOC Comments
Rapid fire 4 rounds. the penalty is ignored due to cyber ware
Shot one 14 to hit damage 25 (27 if the hit raised) AP -8
skill [dice]0[/dice]
wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Damage [dice]10[/dice]
Amusing I raised on damage the addition damage is [dice]11[/dice]
Aced damage [dice]15[/dice]

Shot two 8 to hit damage 15 AP -8
skill [dice]2[/dice]
wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Damage [dice]12[/dice]

Shot three 5 to hit amusing I hit damage 12 AP -8
skill [dice]4[/dice]
wild [dice]5[/dice]
Damage [dice]13[/dice]

Shot four 4 to hit amusing I hit damage 6 AP -8
skill [dice]6[/dice]
wild [dice]7[/dice]
Damage [dice]14[/dice]

Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

"I...AM...HERACLES! TREMBLE BEFORE ME!"

Leaping off the vehicle, he ran forward from the cover of the woods. As he moved forward, he let the chaos inside him loose, unleashing the dogs of war. A manic grin spread across his canine face and his eyes widened to an almost impossible degree. The energy coursed through him, the electricity invigorating him and the chaos speeding his movements....a bit too much.

He moved towards the nearest Brodkil and fired the gun still in his hand by instinct more than aiming technique. It just so happened that the gun was pointed towards his enemy. Of course, the laser blast went wide as he wasn't aiming. He didn't seem to notice or care. He then dropped the gun to the ground and pulled out his two swords.

"COME ON THEN! THE UNDERWORLD AWAITS YOU!" His speech was more growl-infused than normal.

OOC Comments
Losing It as a Free Action.
Moving full Pace (8) towards the Brodkil (B3a).
Shooting at Brodkil (missed with a 3 total, -2 for MAP).
Dropping gun.
Drawing both swords with an Agility roll.
Notice 8 (+2 Olfactory)

Shooting die: [dice]0[/dice], Wild die: [dice]1[/dice].
Damage dice: [dice]2[/dice].
Agility die: [dice]3[/dice], Wild die: [dice]4[/dice], Agility Ace: [dice]5[/dice], Wild Ace: [dice]6[/dice]
Notice die: [dice]7[/dice], Wild die: [dice]8[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya is happy to have White Hoof protecting her until he fires and engages the brodkill.
She keeps moving towards the entrance of the cave, trying to keep quiet and hidden from the enemy.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Woah! I guess he is! thought Penny as Heracles let everyone know he was Heracles. Knowing that she was no match for the martial skill of the rest of the team, Penny opted to stay inside the ATV, positioning it behind a tree for safety, and switching on the sensor suite to help spot stray opponents. She kept her hands on the wheel and her foot hovering over the accelerator for the moment when the prisoners were located...
OOC Comments
Opting to hold action (Penny could theoretically take a few potshots with her rifle, but she has the Pacifist drawback so I'll have her hold back unless things look dire. If necessary, she'll drive in to use the ATV as cover for anyone who's downed and needs to be evacuated.)

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Realizing that the two Brodkil he saw behind the tents would be out of site to his friends Kidemónas decides to tackle them directly so his friends would not be ambushed. Only letting his feet touch the ground long enough to add the extra push needed to close on them Kidemónas flies towards the Brodkil while shouting into the radio. "There is one by the river watch out.".
Pouncing down on the Brodkil he claws into him while swinging his head around and breathing a gout of flame at the other Brodkil.
13 to Hit on B7 for 26 Mega Damage, and 11 to hit on B9 for 13 Mega Damage
Posting earlier as the GM is starting a Vacation
+2 to all trait rolls for Joker, -2 for Multi Action Penalty, +2 For Wild attack = +2 total to fighting roll.
  • Fighting on B7 [dice]0[/dice]
    Fighting Wild on B7 [dice]1[/dice]
    • Fighting Wild Aced on B7 [dice]4[/dice]
    Claws Damage Roll [dice]6[/dice][dice]7[/dice] Mega Damage
+2 to all trait rolls for Joker, -2 for Multi Action Penalty = +0 total to Shooting roll.
  • Shooting on B9 [dice]2[/dice]
    Shooting Wild on B9 [dice]3[/dice]
    • Shooting Wild Aced on B9 [dice]5[/dice]
    Fire Bolt Damage Roll [dice]8[/dice] Mega Damage
    • Fire Bolt Aced [dice]9[/dice]
Hard to tell exact range on Map, Kid Flies 12" if the range is too far on your full resolution image then he would kill B3a with fighting and B6 with shooting instead.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

just a reminder to everyone to check ranges and distances
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Early Post to account for GM Vacay

Continuing to ride on the hood. Two shooting attacks (normal and Split the Seconds).

Both will be double-taps, going for B1 and B2. In both cases it's Long Range (roughly 90-100") (-2 because of the reduction for being a Crazy) and unstable platform (-2 again), and +1 for the Double-tap; net modifier = -3.

Shooting B1 [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Shooting B1 [dice]1[/dice]

Shooting B2 [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Shooting B2 [dice]3[/dice]

Even if Penny guns it again this round, that'll only advance them 20", so the range couldn't be reduced this turn. Next turn, though, assuming any are still standing, Savant will probably wait for Penny go gun it again--another 30" (ie, one full hex forward) would make a huge difference.
Urging Penny onward, Savant pulls the trigger on her LG-5 twice, but to no avail; the shots go high, striking the rocks above the cave. "Closer! I need to get closer!"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Aright, you got it - " Penny put her foot down on the accelerator and pushed the ATV into the thick of it. "Hope you know what you're doing!"
OOC Comments
If I can, I will amend the previous post to do this instead; otherwise, I will wait 'til next time.

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica moves to the south, not keeping a good eye out for anything.
White Hoof

Post by White Hoof »

After white hoof fires his burst he looking one of the visible demons in the eye he smiles. With one of this hands he lets go of his trigger and pulls out a cigar and lights it. He then cocks his railgun again and chuckles puffing a few clouds of smoke.

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Heracles leapt from the ATV, landing deftly and charged brazenly forward, daring the Brodkil to attack him, though his own efforts were ineffective with his shooting going wild.

White Hoof opened up on a nearby Brodkil (B5) with his minigun. By the time the first three rounds had finished, the fourth one found nothing left to penetrate and sailed off into the distance. He stopped to smoke a cigar, giving warning to one of the Brodkil that he was next.

Freya kept quietly moving forward as White Hoof stopped to open fire, edging ever closer towards the cave to rescue the prisoners. She was staying as far from the violence as possible.

Kidemonas’ flame breath roasted the nearest Brodkil (B7) in amongst the tents, but as the flames did so, they also set fire to the tents around them, going up in smoke very quickly.

Mica emerged out of the forest in her Battleoid suit, marching quickly down the middle after the others and cutting an impressive sight, if it wasn’t for the fact that a lot of the Brodkil were either dead or going for cover to notice.
OOC Comments
(presumed you are in your Battleoid form and not your bike)
Savant opened fire from the ATV, but with the range, vehicle movement and own personal issues, she missed badly. As a result, she urged Penny forward to bring them closer to the action.

Penny continued bringing her ATV forward, accelerating up to 20”, moving herself and Savant ahead of Heracles who was charging alongside on foot now.

The two Brodkil B1 and B2 near the cave mouth moved forward to take cover near the rocks and open fire at Heracles and White Hoof. Their shooting however left a lot to be desired as they both missed.
OOC Comments
B1 [dice]0[/dice] partially obscured by the ATV

B2 [dice]1[/dice]
B3a and B6 one opened fire on Savant and Heracles, but also to no avail. The one shooting at Savant was unable to hit her past the ATV, instead leaving a slight scorch mark on the paint work. The other Brodkil's shooting was appalling, shooting wide even without Heracles attempting to dodge.

The Brodkil were obviously rattled by The Losers dramatic assault and the loss of their leader.
OOC Comments
B3a[dice]2[/dice]
B6 [dice]3[/dice]
Attachments
Act 2 Map round 3.png
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Note: Kidemonas took a -2 Multi Action Penalty and bit B7 in half, then shot a fire bolt at B9. I am certain both hit and B7 was destroyed with 26 mega damage, but think B9 would have only been shaken or perhaps uninjured from 13 mega damage from the single target fire bolt/breath. I would think this would mean only 1 tent would potentially ignite.

The dice rolling section was pretty complicated, so it would easily be missed especially with the board issue.
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

OOC Comments
I feel like Freya is advancing ever so slowly...
Freya keeps advancing towards the cave entrance.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Initiative

Savant - Quick KD
White Hoof QH
Heracles - Quick JC
Kidemonas 9D
Mica 7S
Freya 5C
Penny 4S
Brodkil 3C
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Practically frothing at the mouth, Savant shouts, "Go, go, GO!", urging Penny to move faster still.
OOC Comments
Going on Hold until... just after Penny's next driving action, at 4S. Poor Savant's so frustrated.... :lol:
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles ran forward towards the evil demonic bastards, screaming at the top of his lungs, swords in hand....and dimly through the haze of rage realized that he had misjudged how far away his opponents were as he was far too far away to swing at them...and his gun was far behind him lying on the ground.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAVE AAAAAAT THEEEEEEEEE!"
OOC Comments
Since I apparently have comprehension issues, Heracles runs towards the Brodkil, swords in hand, screaming like a berserk idiot.

Notice: 5 (+2 from being Crazy, +2 for Olfactory if applicable)
Notice die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].

Total movement: 20".
Running die: [dice]2[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Backseat driver," grumps Penny, but does as needed and puts her foot on the accelerator. "Hang on, I'll get you where you need to be - "
OOC Comments
Ace Die: [dice]4[/dice]

Ace Die: [dice]5[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas arches up in the air and roars as powerfully as a dragon can. "FLEE AND YOU MAY LIVE DEMONS".
Firing another bolt at the Brodkil he failed to finish off earlier Kidemónas heads towards the cave entrance.
Dragons Fear
Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.
Shooting 12 not sure of range penalty damage 18 mega damage, Notice 5
Shooting B9 again with fire breath
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Shooting Wild [dice]1[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]4[/dice]
    • Damage Ace [dice]5[/dice]
      • Raise d6 [dice]8[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny to hit I think I have a range penalty of -2 is not enough because of range [dice]6[/dice]
  • Extra Effort aced [dice]7[/dice]
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]3[/dice]
New Location
Act 2 Map round 3.png
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
not doing well with the notice checks
Continues heading south.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As discussed on the ooc thread

Quick Combat Rules: No cards are dealt in Quick Combat. Instead, the Game Master sets the scene, then each player chooses the primary skill he wants to use and how he plans to use it. The skill should generally be a combat ability such as Fighting, Shooting, Spellcasting, or the like, but anything is allowed that makes sense and fits the action described. Players type out a narrative on what they are doing during the combat.

Results
The Game Master then interprets and narrates the results, allowing for each character’s intended plan and her player’s input. “Failure” may not mean the hero actually failed in her desired plans, by the way—it may simply mean she took some damage or is affected in some other negative way.

Heroes may spend Bennies to soak damage from failure as usual. Healing abilities (spells, potions, the Healing skill) may be used as well.
• Critical Failure: The hero’s plan gets her into serious trouble. She suffers d3 wounds.
• Failure: The character suffers a wound.
• Success: The warrior manages to get through the fight unharmed.
• Raise: The hero truly shines during the fight. The player and GM should work together to narrate a particularly heroic moment. Afterwards, the hero gets a Benny.

The narrative need not be a novel but more than a few sentences would be cool.

Away you go
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
As Penny guns the truck forward, Savant gives a loud, ululating cry, leaping from the moving truck and rolling forward, casting aside the rifle for the time being as she comes up in a run, and then drawing her sword as she goes, not towards the two by the campfire, but rather, for the pair still at the cave mouth where the civilians are being held.

She comes up, over the rocks, and then brings the vibro-sword down on the head of one of them, dropping him immediately and maneuvering so that she now is an obstacle between the second one and the actual entrance to the cave. "No hostages for you, pretty boy."
OOC Comments
Hopefully that's awesome enough for the Raise/Benny.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Knowing the demons they had already could not possibly pose a threat to him. Kidemónas continues his flight until he gets his body positioned between the cage and the demons, spreading his wings as wide as possible to provide cover for the captives he tells the captive. "Stand back, I do not want any of you to get injured, we will get rid of these demons and get you back home before dinner." With a mighty grunt Kidemónas rends a huge portion of the gate off its hinges turns arching his back and hurls it towards one of the brodkil not wise enough to run.
Observing the remainder of the field has been cleared by his allies Kidemónas relaxes a bit and turns around to face the captives again. "I am sorry it took so long for us to find you. Mrs. Lithari asked us to save you, but we did not know where you were being held."
Raise 10
Kidemónas focuses on using himself as a shield rather than offence. Chose Vigor already boosted for this roll.
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles ran forward with an intense speed that wasn't quite as fast as a speeding vehicle...but it was still damn impressive for a humanoid on foot! He sped towards the Brodkil in rage, red clouding his vision, making every one a target in the area. He stabbed at one of the Brodkil and swung his two swords around wildly, even ending up slamming his weapon in to the dragon at one point during the fight. He didn't apologize - correction, he couldn't apologize! He could barely speak coherently, between his rage and his actual anger at himself for not being able to effectively do battle with the demonic beings, as well as being near the ley line had made him very irritable in addition. It was mostly a bunch of growls and curses mixed together.
OOC Comments
Fighting (+2 to total):
  • Fighting die [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild die [dice]1[/dice]
  • Benny spent for reroll
    • Fighting die [dice]4[/dice]
    • Wild die [dice]5[/dice]
    • Wild die ace [dice]6[/dice]
Notice (+2 to total, +2 if olfactory applies):
  • Notice die [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild die [dice]3[/dice]
I realized after that I'm not sure if I CAN reroll since a 1 on the Fighting die while Berserk means you don't hit your intended target, rather you hit someone (friend or foe) in melee as well) or you just miss.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
ace notice [dice]4[/dice]
ace notice [dice]5[/dice]
Notice total: 14

shooting [dice]2[/dice]
wild shooting [dice]3[/dice]

Mica is advancing forward and shooting if she gets a shot. does she notice B10 with a 14 notice roll?
Mica picks up on something out to the west and heads out that way to scout for any more Brokil that may be hiding. She spots footprints on the ground and fires some rockets into the forest the direction they were leading.
Last edited by Ximena on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya will run towards the cave entrance, invisible, and try to erect a force field in such a way it protects the hostages.
OOC Comments
Not sure if she needs to roll, and what to roll.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
Adventure Deck Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Roll techno wizardry
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

OOC Comments
Turns out all my Email reminders went away with the board going south. Sorry about all that!
Penny lets the others concentrate on the noble work of gunning down brodkil - she concentrates instead on transportation, making sure that members of the Legion group are ferried in, and the hostages are ferried out. The ATV was no coalition death-robot bristling with missiles and it was no glitterboy with a gun that could blast a building into powder, but it was fast enough, tough enough, and - importantly - cheap enough.
OOC Comments
Leaning on her Drive skill for this combat...

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Kidemonas landed in front of the cave to protect the hostages, ensuring that the Brodkil could not use them against the team. The two Brodkil turned and attacked the dragon hatchling with their vibroswords, but his scales were able to shrug off their blows.
Freya snuck forward as the Brodkil were engaged with the rest of her team. Using her technical and magical knowhow, she created a forcefield around the cave mouth to prevent any stray blasts entering the cave and injuring the hostages. One of the Brodkil backed up and was confused as suddenly it could move no further.
This sort of conflict was not Penny’s forte, but she deftly managed to keep her ATV in position for Savant to be at her most effective as she leapt from the ATV into the two brodkil keeping Kidemonas occupied at the cave entrance, expertly eliminating them.
Heracles was lost in the throes of combat charging into the two brodkil in the centre of the camp. He was able to slice his way through them, but in his confused state, he also charged and struck Kidemonas.

Lieutenant Cornell picked off one of the last stragglers (yes he was there, I meant to give him to you to run as an NPC) with a shot from his rifle.
Amidst the conflict, Mica’s sharp eyes noticed one of the Brodkil sneaking around, noticing the grass sinking as it walked. So intent on the fighting, Savant didn’t notice it, but just as it was about to bring a vibroblade on a sneak attack on Heracles, Mica’s rocket launcher erupted, pitching the Brodkil back with a volley.

As calm descended on the grove, there were cheers and screams for the team from those trapped in the cave. As Freya dropped her forcefield and the team released the prisoners as it is a simple matter to destroy the crude lock on the bamboo cage. All of the abductees look dirty, tired, and ill-fed during their captivity. At their lead, was an old dwarf supported by a middle aged man with glasses that had one of the lenses cracked.

“There is something you should know; they had a robot with them. It went into the river not long before you arrived,” the dwarf spoke with a gravelly voice.

“The scoundrel that employed these misanthropes,” the man with glasses added, “wasn’t here when you attacked either."
OOC Comments
Heracles – calming down roll please as you lost it
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
As the people are freed, Savant begins piling Brodkil gear into the truck. She listens as the older man speaks, though, and turns to him. "Which scoundrel would that be, sir? Did you see or hear their employer at any time?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles had no care for who was in his way, only that stopped being in his way and preferably stopped breathing as well. When the Brodkil was blown away, quite literally, in the midst of attempting to stab him in the back, he let out a howling laugh. "Attempt to stab in the back? Cowardly knave! You get what you deserve! Ha ha ha!" The only one he had trouble with was when he 'accidentally' attacked the young dragon. It took a moment for him to recognize that he was no longer battling a foe but an ally.

He shook his head and backed off, quickly sheathing his weapons so as to not accidentally endanger anyone else. He moved away from his allies and from those in the cave they came to rescue. Over the next hour, he stayed away from people as best he could. He had a fear that he would accidentally hurt someone, crushing their hand when shaking it, clapping their back in a comradely-fashion only break their spine or collapse their lungs, and so forth. Let it not be said that Heracles was a rampaging monster who cared not for innocent lives!

He kept his hands locked together and walked in to the woods a bit to talk to his father and family in Olympus. He wanted to tell them of his glory in battle!

Let it not be said that Heracles was a rampaging monster who cared not for innocent lives!
OOC Comments
Getting It Together (Success): Smarts die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].
Time to get it together (x10 in minutes): [dice]4[/dice].
Notice check (4): Notice die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

"I was one of the first people these demon took captive, so I got to see how they brought in the others.” Duncan spits on the ground. “This one time, a tall fellow in a hooded robe showed up, seemed to be in charge of the Brodkil. Couldn't see his face but it was him who was giving the orders. I heard him say somethin’ about ‘no witnesses,’ and remindin’ the demons to pretend they was working with the Black Market. Guess they didn’t figure on keepin’ us alive much longer if they were so free with their tongues in front of us. Lucky you folks got here first!”
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Remembering how valuable the weapons of these creatures were last time Kidemónas begins gathering up as much of their gear as possible and putting it next to the vehicle. Mumbling his voice sounding a little petulant to those who know him he says. "I was really hoping to get a robot head for a trophy, we could have sold the rest."
Then looking up at hearing Savant's words Kidemónas says. "Oh yah? I thought the the one with the cybernetics was the boss. Is there going to be more trouble? I do not want these people to have to go through this again."
Then listening to the dwarf share what had happened with the tall robed man Kidemónas decides that must be the man to get. "Okay, so lets get these guys home to safety and then go find the man in the robes." Turning his head back to the dwarf he adds. "If you heard his voice would you be able to recognize him?"
Notice 4
Sorry I forgot to include a Notice for the scene
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Savant nods to Kidemónas. "Oh, yes, my friend--there is going to be trouble, and we are going to bring it to the doorstep of the deserving. And worry yourself not--there shall be trophies galore to claim in the future." She makes a wierd facial tic that might possibly be interpreted as an eyeless woman attempting to wink.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny ensures that everyone gets bottled water, medical care, rations, or whatever else they need, as the combat dies down and clean-up begins. She is also collecting everyone's quotes, statements and points of view, incorporating them into the story she's writing in her head.

"The guy in the lake? Yeah, I wouldn't worry; I convinced him it was a good idea to sit this one out." She then sits down in front of the man relaying all the information about their captor. "Now, would you be willing to go on the record with all of this?"
OOC Comments
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Kidemónas wrote:Remembering how valuable the weapons of these creatures were last time Kidemónas begins gathering up as much of their gear as possible and putting it next to the vehicle. Mumbling his voice sounding a little petulant to those who know him he says. "I was really hoping to get a robot head for a trophy, we could have sold the rest."
Then looking up at hearing Savant's words Kidemónas says. "Oh yah? I thought the the one with the cybernetics was the boss. Is there going to be more trouble? I do not want these people to have to go through this again."
Then listening to the dwarf share what had happened with the tall robed man Kidemónas decides that must be the man to get. "Okay, so lets get these guys home to safety and then go find the man in the robes." Turning his head back to the dwarf he adds. "If you heard his voice would you be able to recognize him?"
"We would certainly recognise his robe," the man with glasses offered, "though if you convinced the robot pilot not to be involved, perhaps he knows whom employed him."
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

[Rolls held]
Kidemonas heads over to the water and looks for the robot walking on his hind legs he waves his hand and smiles. "Hey, can you come out here? We want to ask you something."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Oh yeah." Penny took a few steps from the group, secluding herself, then she got on the radio, and contacted the mercenary who she'd run into. "Hey - shooting's all over. Now, a deal's a deal - I'll make sure you get help from me finding work. The hostages are still here - think they'll freak out if they see you?"
OOC Comments
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant listens, nodding. "His robe was distinctive, then? Were there any markings on them, or were they an unusual color?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Kidemonas shouts into the river, but the water remains undisturbed. Evidently either Strickland is ignoring the dragon or has already left the area as agreed. As Penny handed out food, the former hostages devoured them quite happily. Evidently they had not been fed much over the past week.
Penny Wise wrote:"Oh yeah." Penny took a few steps from the group, secluding herself, then she got on the radio, and contacted the mercenary who she'd run into. "Hey - shooting's all over. Now, a deal's a deal - I'll make sure you get help from me finding work. The hostages are still here - think they'll freak out if they see you?"
After a few seconds, the radio crackles, the signal a little weak.
"Well, I set off the second we finished our conversation, so I'll see you back at the town as soon as I manage to find a good spot to get out of this river. Just watch your back around their boss, I don’t know his name—didn’t want to know. But I’m pretty sure he’s some kind of spellcaster and he's one of them Devilmen.”

Lieutenant Cornell moved among the former hostages, checking up on several of them, but as he tries to speak to the man with glasses, his hand is pushed away quite vigorously.
“I don’t need help from a dead boy,” he is told angrily.
Savant wrote:Savant listens, nodding. "His robe was distinctive, then? Were there any markings on them, or were they an unusual color?"
The man with glasses pointed at the cracked lense, "Sorry, I couldn't make out a lot of details at a distance, but there was something unusual I heard him say about Golems taking over our jobs when we were gone."

Unless there is anything more you wish to do here, move on to the Town Square
OOC Comments
Notice – Success - All the ones he checks are human
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice Critical failure, he does not notice the sun shining
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Kidemónas unaware of the conversations going on or the people being aid looks back to Penny and the rest of the team. "I think he is hiding from us. I bet is he scared because I am such a powerful dragon. Do you think he would be more likely to show himself if I pretended to be a human again?" After a minute or two of searching the local part of the river he seems discouraged and decides what he is looking for in nor to be found. Heading back he looks around and asks the people we saves=d. "Hey have any of you ever been on a dragon flight? The kids in town liked it, I could do the same for you."
Spoils
Can we have an inventory of the spoils we colected in this post?
Kidemónas will obviously be possessive about ensuring he gets his share and if we have more vibro-swords Kidemónas will take a couple for personal use.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

I will post those when you return to town. I will do a big post there tomorrow
GM bennies 6/8

Return to “3rd SET Adventure Forum”