View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Town Square 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 (2)

Danger Sense Triggered = No

Reading the information over her shoulder and listening as the Lt. shares what he know Kidemónas cannot help his excitement at them mention of a large vehicle. "Ah, that will make a great start to my collection. But I will need help fixing it up after I tear it apart if I cannot get the operator out easily."
Looking at Savant he asks. "Do you thin the vehicle will have guns I can use. The last demons we killed had those vibro-swords I could sell?"





After a pause as his mind catches up Kidemónas says. "Wait, no. It is you who are helping us. Alone we can slay these demons. While alone you can only watch. Do not think to take our honors from us."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Here's the roll for I Know a Guy:
Streetwise: 1d8 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 (5)


Penny examines the map, tapping the spot with the heat source. "Clever. Okay. What provisions do you think we need, and how loud or quiet do you all want to play this? I vote quiet - if they hear us coming they might start do something stupid and kill the hostages, and that's not what we want."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 (2)

Wild Die: 1d6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Last edited by Penny Wise on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:32 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Heracles frowns at the Coalition officer's words, seeming to already try and take credit. But then Kidemónas speaks up and the frown flips and becomes a grin. "My sentiments exactly, young dragon! Could not have stated it better myself." The grin turns on to the Coalition officer then, and it is slightly smug.

"A robot? Excellent! Smashing robots is glorious!" He hears the dragon's desire for it and his enthusiasm deflates slightly. "Oh, I suppose we could try and capture it without demolishing it if we must."

But something catches the attention of Heracles and he turns his head slightly. "One moment." Heracles steps towards the boarding house and waves up at it. He looks for any further sign before striding to the door and knocking.

OOC Comments
Notice 5, +2 Olfactory.
Notice: 1d8+2 = 4 (2), 1d6+2 = 5 (3).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes -2; Boost Shooting, Berserk
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor] - currently 20(7)
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 9/20
Bennies: 1
Adventure Card: Hidden Stash (Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.)

Wounds: Shaken, 1 Wound

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
"But be careful smashing the robot. I want to use it for my collection and while I don't care that it runs, it must still look good when I carry it around to show people." Kidemònas says looking more concerned the robot gets damaged than concerned it could possibly hurt him or his demigod friend.

OOC Comments
I doubt he has been hit with a rail gun yet. But we all need teaching moments

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 6 (2)


Savant grins at Penny. "I'm always for quiet, until it's time for the screaming to start." She nods. "Now, I'd like to lay out the results of my own inquiries. I think everyone agrees that the whole incident is strange, but I've at least begun to tease out the pattern. I believe these Brodkil-Black Marketeers are nothing more than falconers."

She pauses, then goes on, assuming anyone at all gives her an uncomprehending look. "Falcons, you see, are not tame pets. Rather, they deign to work with the falconers, because the falconers are useful. When on a hunt, the bird takes the high roost, to oversee things, and then the falconers move forward, beating the brush, until an animal is driven forward, out of hiding. Then the bird swoops down, its prey made easy to see and catch."

She nods. "So too, it would seem to be the case here. First, the Brodkil abducted two people from town, presumably using their natural invisibility to enter and leave easily. Those people were the doctor--the one who could have provided medical aid to those who would later be injured--and a Tolkeen scholar, someone who would have been able to know about the Brodkil's habits, and how best to combat them. But after those two very successful and daring raids, they suddenly began to take a more timid approach--targeting lone individuals outside of town, or making very loud and aggressive, but not actually effective, attacks upon the town's walls."

"I mean no disrespect to the guards on the walls, but there is no way they fought off a serious Brodkil attack. Furthermore, why should the Brodkil be attacking that way at all, or limiting themselves to people outside the walls? They've already demonstrated that they can easily take anyone within the town, at will, with the first two abductions. This tells me that the abductions are not the true goal at all. Rather, they are engaged in a campaign of terror against the town."

She pauses again, sipping from her canteen. "The first possibility is that they want to drive the townsfolk out. But if that were the case, they should have either made more serious efforts to breach the defenses, or have continued their nighttime abductions, making it so the locals become so afraid they abandon their homes. But they are not doing that; rather, they have taken tactics which would push the townspeople to huddle within the walls--stragglers are taken, and the failed attack make the town itself seem like the only 'safe' place in the area. So they want them to stay here, but paralyzed in fear and ignorance, rather than able to effectively resist. I do not know if injuring the mayor without killing her was part of that, or just a lucky break on the villains' part, but either way, it plays into their hands as much as the loss of the doctor."

"Oh, in addition, the boy mentioned that there was something in the river; he'd seen a large dark shape, and was going to investigate when the Brodkil saw him and gave chase, with a cry of "No Witnesses". Presumably, whatever he saw was part of this scheme." She looks to the Coalition lackey. "I am not overly familiar with these robot vehicles you speak of. Would they be capable of sub-aquatic movement?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
“Have no worries about my combat prowess Sir,” Cornell fixed Kidemonas with a stare, “but yes, I am not armed to be able to combat a robot or heavy vehicle. If I had a Coalition patrol with me, the CS would have mopped up this situation already. My superiors would not be happy for me to be working with you, but at the same time, I would rather rescue people than leave them in the clutches of the Black Market. I am not your enemy this day young Dragon.”

Cornell contemplated the situation for a moment, noting with a look Heracles walking away.
"If I might suggest a plan, then we might be better to sneak in. We do not have the numbers for a full frontal assault and as the lady says, they may use the hostages against us.

Savant wrote:
She looks to the Coalition lackey. "I am not overly familiar with these robot vehicles you speak of. Would they be capable of sub-aquatic movement?"


"Whilst I doubt it is the primary purpose of whatever unit they have, most power armour or robots can go underwater for a while."

OOC Comments
Heracles - please go here viewtopic.php?f=54&t=605&p=14791#p14791


Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 (3)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 (2)

Danger Sense Triggered = No

Corrigon wrote:
Cornell fixed Kidemonas with a stare, “but yes, I am not armed to be able to combat a robot or heavy vehicle. If I had a Coalition patrol with me, the CS would have mopped up this situation already. My superiors would not be happy for me to be working with you, but at the same time, I would rather rescue people than leave them in the clutches of the Black Market. I am not your enemy this day young Dragon.”

Not realizing how it would be impossible to keep such a secret after letting the young child ride on him. Kidemónas suddenly perks up looking at the officer. "How do you know that I am a dragon human? You are not a magic user so the only way you could know this would be if you are in league with the demons we slew. One of them escaped. Perhaps he told you?"

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
Lieutenant Cornell rolled his eyes and glanced at Pennywise with a look that said 'you have my sympathies'

"The dogboy or demigod as Commander Wise referred to him, called you a young dragon." He rested the barrel of his C-14 Firebreather rifle on his shoulder whilst he waited.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Kidemònas looks a little embarrassed as he mumbles. "Maybe it was a title or something."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
"So one of the Brodkil escaped. That means most likely they know you are in the area." Cornell commented, "we should factor that into our plan."


Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
"Yes, they will be expecting us. Do you have a map of the area you think my robot and these brodkil are hiding in?"
"I think we should try to go in and get as close as we can quietly. It would be good to get the drop in them first. Then when battle breaks out I will take the robot if it shows itself, Savant, Heracles, and Mica can easily kill the demons. That will let you help Penny see to the safety of the villagers if they are still alive. Her vehicle is very useful for that."
"If they are not alive then perhaps you can do something. Shot a gun or something, whatever you do."

Looking around Kidemònas seems as if the results of the battle could only be success and he is ready to get it out of the way.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d6 (2)
wild notice 1d6 (1)

note: I probably need to figure out where to spend my advances


"Alright, now who is actually good at being stealthy?" Mica looks over at her bike. "Not sure my cyclone is that quite."

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
In the distance, Heracles can hear an alarm that must be several miles away.

Cornell considered this for a moment

"Unless they are actively patrolling the forest, they might believe that the townsfolk are too cowed to go after them. Head up to the forest in vehicles, then sneak on foot or wings."


Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Savant smiles. "I fear I tend to not be quiet. My blood begins to flow more quickly as battle gets near. Stealth is not valued in the pits."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:14 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Looking at the Lt. Kidemònas looks a little surprised that the human is actually trying to help says. "Excellent. So there are no objections, then let's go."
Kidemònas starts heading to the vehicle so they can leave.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Heracles walks back up to the group near the end of the conversation. He gives a nod but then frowns and began looking around. After a moment he asks, "Does...anyone else hear that?" He looks towards where he thinks the noise is coming from. "Like...an alarm. In the distance. That way."

He looks to the group. "I think we should check it out before we head to the fight. Could be important."

OOC Comments
Notice 6, +2 Olfactory.
Notice die: 1d8+2 = 6 (4), Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 4 (2).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes -2; Boost Shooting, Berserk
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor] - currently 20(7)
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 9/20
Bennies: 1
Adventure Card: Hidden Stash (Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.)

Wounds: Shaken, 1 Wound

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:18 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 (2)


Kidemónas looks at Heracles. "I don't hear anything. But if you are certain it could be more people being harassed by the demons. We should leave quickly and see if we can help.
"Lead the way."
Following Heracles Kidemónas starts walking in the new direction.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Penny hesitated for a minute, since Heracles could be hearing voices for that reason, but she pushed the thought away. Heracles was an ally and deserved some measure of trust. "I think we should check it out. That no one else can hear it doesn't matter; dog soldiers can hear things outside the normal human hearing range."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:12 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Notice 6

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 5 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 6 (2)


Savant tilts her head, not catching any noise, but not at all discomfitted by the notion that it might be Heracles' MOM calling him, either. "Yes, let us investigate the noise, since that is at least close enough to be heard by one of our number, and then we can pursue the camp of the villains." She looks to the Dog Boy. "Do you think you could follow the sound while we ride in the vehicle?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Heracles tilted his head to the side a bit. His eyes looked off in to the distance, looking at nothing as he listened hard. "I think so." Then he gave a small shrug and a frown appeared on his face. "It will depend on whether the sounds keep going or not, but I have a fix on the direction it is coming from now, at least."

OOC Comments
Notice (+2 Olfactory): Notice die 1d8+2 = 9 (7), Wild die 1d6+2 = 7 (5).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes -2; Boost Shooting, Berserk
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor] - currently 20(7)
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 9/20
Bennies: 1
Adventure Card: Hidden Stash (Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.)

Wounds: Shaken, 1 Wound

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Savant nods, and unless Penny overrules the proposal, jumps into the ATV, into the shotgun seat. "No time like the present!"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d6 (3)
wild notice 1d6 (1)


Mica walks over to her cyclone and gets on it. She puts her helmet on and starts up the cyclone. "Ready to head out."

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Penny nods, walking towards the ATV and opening the doors for anyone who wants to ride along. "Ready to head out here, as well."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 (1)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Once they get back into town (presumably going slow because they are escorting the civilians), Savant chuckles. "So, a devil-man spellcaster who was planning on replacing the town's labor force with golems. Does that sound sufficiently familiar to us all to make a violent assumption?"

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 3 fail, maybe see note
Not really sure if notice is needed in this scene. Kidemónas rolled a critical failure in the last post of the combat scene, so that may carry over here?
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6 (3)


Kidemónas looks at Savant and his mind has the kind of epiphany only the young can truly enjoy. “Do you think Symon will know this other devilman? He is a magic user and a devilman both.
“Well let’s go talk to him then. I bet he will know everything we need to hunt down the demon’s leader.”

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
Collected weapons
OOC Comments
8 Vibroswords
8 NG-L5 Laser Rifles
1 NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
All these weapons are covered in brodkil goop and in the case of the Plasma Ejector, will need to be passed by Kidemonas as he ate the Brodkil leader.


The journey back from the mercenary camp is largely uneventful and doesn’t take more than a couple of hours. Most of that time is spent organizing the hostages and a slower pace due to the captives’ poor physical condition. The ATV for all of its size is unable to carry everyone back. As the team and the rescued townfolk arrive back at the settlement, a crowd gathers on the other side of the wall as you approach Garnet Town with the rescued hostages. A cheer rings out as they recognize their loved ones, and the rescued townsfolk surge forward with glad cries. In moments, the entire town seems to be celebrating.

Lithari limps forward quickly with tears in her eyes and embraces your group, one by one, though she is surprised by the presence of White Hoof and Freya.
“Thank you. Thank you, I don’t know what else I can say but… you’ve done us a great service, one we’ll never forget.”

OOC Comments
From this point on, all the legionnaires gain a +2 Charisma bonus when in Garnet Town due to their heroics. This does not currently apply to Langdon.


In the midst of the celebrating townsfolk, Lithari tries to get your attention.
“What did you find at the camp?” She asks, wanting to know whom was responsible.

OOC Comments
Notice - As you pass through the gate, you spot two armed men with the guards, one human and a D'Norr Devilman.

Raise - one of them (a D'Norr Devilman) is carrying weapons covered in goop


Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
[Rolls Held from failed notice]

Seeing the cheers of the towns people Kidemónas takes on what he considers to be a noble looking stride, but he is young and to others it may appear he is preening. As he smiles and enjoys the attention from the towns folk he will chat with those willing and join in the festivities until broken away from them by the rest of the group.
He seems to be in his own private heaven as he absorbs the energy from the attention of the towns folk the way others may enjoy a fine wine or savory steak. Making small comments that he knows a hero is supposed to make, but do not sound quite right when coming from the mouth of an adolescent. "We only did what was needed." and "Yes, well we would love to help you with anything else." and "Ah, but first we must find the master mind behind this deed."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
On the travel back, Freya makes sure she keeps Lieutenant Cornell accompanied, and tries as much as she is able to be a bridge between the coalition officer and everybody else. She doesn't want him to be uncomfortable and isolated but wishes for him to realize the town people is good, including the DBees while letting the townspeople see him as a human, and heroic one it is, as learn to tolerate and even befriend him.
She lets the other talk when they arrive in town, at least at the beginning.

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
notice 5
Notice: 1d6 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 (3)


Streetwise 11
Streetwise +7CHA/CB: 1d4+7 = 8 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6+7 = 11 (4)


Common Knowledge 2
Common Knowledge: 1d10 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 (2)


healing 7
Healing: 1d4 (4)
ACE: 1d4 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (1)


Lang wades into the celebration, aiming his way toward the vehicles as they disgorge their passengers. He ostentatiously swings his gooped-up brodkil loot as he walks, in the hopes it will draw the attention of the triumphant Legionnaires. As the sad state of some of the rescued townfolk becomes clear, he switches tactics and rushes in to help with any healing his meager skills can provide. In a mildly distraught voice he says to the first rescued person he encounters, "Please, let me help you. I'm certainly no doctor, but I've picked up a few tricks in my travels." The Tomorrow Legion should eat this up.

As he works on the injured and mingles with everybody else, he engages them in friendly, reassuring conversation while peppering them lightly with questions about what has befallen the town, from the beginning of the troubles up to now. He mentions more than once that he too had an encounter with some marauding brodkil near the town and displays his looted weapons as proof. If Jasper is with him and mentions to anyone that Lang saved his life he will try to downplay his heroics (but not too much) while acknowledging that he did, in fact, kick some brodkil arse. Of course, if Jasper is not with him Lang will find a way to mention it anyway.


I wonder if this is the Black Company? Lang keeps a close lookout for any magic-users that might be his missing Battle Magus.


Kidemonas wrote:
"We only did what was needed." and "Yes, well we would love to help you with anything else." and "Ah, but first we must find the master mind behind this deed."


Mastermind? So...there is still more to this story than they know, then? Perhaps they need a helping hand.
Lang had of course worked with more than a few dragons in his time and had a healthy respect for the creatures. He doesn't think any were quite as young as this one appears to be, but that is actually a good thing in this case. It is well known that dragon hatchlings are very impressionable. They also tend to be vain, but that is true of the older dragons as well. He makes his way over to the preening reptile.

"Well done, sir! A mighty dragon such as yourself must have been in the the thick of the fighting - probably in the lead!" Lang emits an expression of wonder and awe that is not entirely fake as he gazes upon the dragon. With a half-shrug he continues, "I just got into town myself, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I too had a run-in with some brodkil on my way here. Lucky for me there were only two of them," he looks down at the ground in an 'aw-shucks' manner before he continues, "I'm sure that wouldn't even be enough to make someone like you even break a sweat!"

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Langdon Steed wrote:
"Well done, sir! A mighty dragon such as yourself must have been in the the thick of the fighting - probably in the lead!" Lang emits an expression of wonder and awe that is not entirely fake as he gazes upon the dragon. With a half-shrug he continues, "I just got into town myself, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I too had a run-in with some brodkil on my way here. Lucky for me there were only two of them," he looks down at the ground in an 'aw-shucks' manner before he continues, "I'm sure that wouldn't even be enough to make someone like you even break a sweat!"

Freya looks at the new arrival and smiles warmly at him.
"Well, you seem you are able to handle yourself very well too. Only two of them? Well, mister, I would run and scream if found one of them by myself!" - she lets a small laugh - "Thanks for helping us with the townspeople. What is your name?"

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Heracles spends about an hour among his delusion by himself in the woods nearby the river while the rest of the group takes their time freeing the hostages, feeding the hostages and talking with the hostages. He returns just before the group is getting ready to go. He graciously, and proudly, allows other to take his 'spot' in the ATV for the ride back. He will walk and run alongside.

He smiles at the cheers and the welcome they receive upon their return. This is more like what he is used to, not the treatment he had received before when in town. He can understand their hesitancy to embrace before, however, due to their predicament. Now that the situation has been mostly resolved, or at least the missing townsfolk being returned, things are back to what he considers to be normal. He strikes a suitably heroic pose for Lithari and nods as he speaks out in his booming voice. "It was no problem at all! We were happy to help!"

He turns to address the D'Norr that approaches them. He points a finger at him and turns to Savant, not really keeping his voice down. "A Devilman? Could this be the one that the townsfolk spoke of? Should we seize him, and drag him off somewhere to interrogate?" He cracks his knuckles, eyeing the D'Norr. "It must be either him or that Symon fellow from before?"


Notice 7, +2 for smell
Notice die 1d8 (5), Wild die 1d6 (4).

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes -2; Boost Shooting, Berserk
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor] - currently 20(7)
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 9/20
Bennies: 1
Adventure Card: Hidden Stash (Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.)

Wounds: Shaken, 1 Wound

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Divination 10 Notice 8
Psionics 1d12 (10)
Wild Psionics 1d6 (5)

Notice 1d4+4 = 8 (4)
Ace Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 8 (4)

Okay, she asked a yes-no question and got a Raise, so she gets a 'short answer'--I'd figure in this case, it'd be along the lines of, "No, you twit, like he said, he's been killing Brodkil, not helping them--pay attention! Also, your make-up's smudged all to hell." :lol:


Savant blinks in surprise as Langdon approaches the group, immediately suspicious of the Devil-man, for obvious reasons--though he seems to be acting friendly enough. When Heracles gives voice to her own thoughts, she nods. "Interrogation, yes, but perhaps a different sort. Be ready, my friend, to act on my signal if necessary." Turning her blank, painted face towards the sun, she asks the Universe. "Is this newcomer the one behind the kidnappings?"

Her lips twitch after a moment, then turns to face Heracles. "He is not the one--he is the Brodkil's enemy, not their puppet master."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Posts: 186
Reply with quote
Heracles nods to Savant as he tells him to be ready, but then she almost immediately turns around and says he is not the Devilman that they are looking for. Heracles gives a shrug, trusting Savant's abilities. "Fine." He then turns to look towards the Widow's Boarding House. "So then we go and have a chat with Symon, yes? Surely he must be the one?"

He pauses and looks wistful, muttering to himself. "And then I would like to drink. Not just one drink, but many. I want to get drunk. I have not gotten drunk or lain with someone for a long time it feels like."

He looks at the group and gestures. "Are you all willing to come with me to confront Symon?"

_________________
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy
Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes -2; Boost Shooting, Berserk
Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor] - currently 20(7)
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Edges: Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Quick, Sublime Chaos
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
ISP: 9/20
Bennies: 1
Adventure Card: Hidden Stash (Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.)

Wounds: Shaken, 1 Wound

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:02 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
[Rolls held, failed notice this scene]

Kidemónas listens to everything and the greetings from the new stranger. "Indeed it was awesome, and I can be quite terrifying to face in battle. But the demons had no real chance. I slew several of them before they even had a chance to fight. It is good of you to help out with their injuries, but I am curious and must ask, who are you and what brings you to Garnet Town?"




Listing in as Savant and Heracles speak their concerns Kidemónas finally has it click in his head. "Do you really think Symon is the one behind this? I did not like some of what he was saying before, but kidnapping people and planning out their murders is not right. I am with you, we can go ask him his plans and if he is the one behind this, eat him."


PPE and ISP recovery
As it was declared a couple hours have gone by I am replacing 2 PPE/ISP.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d6 (4)
wild notice 1d6 (3)


Mica will check to make sure her equipment is good while the hostages are gather before the trip back to the town. Overall she just keeps to herself but assists in making sure everyone gets back to town. Once back in town, she still seems to be tried to just keep to herself.

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:30 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
Kidemonas wrote:
"Indeed it was awesome, and I can be quite terrifying to face in battle. But the demons had no real chance. I slew several of them before they even had a chance to fight. It is good of you to help out with their injuries, but I am curious and must ask, who are you and what brings you to Garnet Town?"

Freya wrote:
"Well, you seem you are able to handle yourself very well too. Only two of them? Well, mister, I would run and scream if found one of them by myself!" - she lets a small laugh - "Thanks for helping us with the townspeople. What is your name?"


He nods in admiration as the dragon recounts his deeds. "Amazing! My name's Lang, out of Stormspire. I'm just your typical gambler, traveler, bon vivant. Looking to try my luck outside the Fed, if you know what I mean." Lang has no problem using the terrible reputation of Lord Dunscon to provide an easy reason why he chooses to live elsewhere.
His attention switches from the dragon to the woman. His smile intensifies. "I was on my way to Garnet Town for rest and resupply when I came upon 2 brodkil attacking some travelers." His face falls, displaying an appropriate amount of melancholy before he continues, "Sadly, I was only able to save one of them. Jasper should be around here some-"

Heracles wrote:
"A Devilman? Could this be the one that the townsfolk spoke of? Should we seize him, and drag him off somewhere to interrogate?" He cracks his knuckles, eyeing the D'Norr. "It must be either him or that Symon fellow from before?"

Savant wrote:
"Interrogation, yes, but perhaps a different sort. Be ready, my friend, to act on my signal if necessary." Turning her blank, painted face towards the sun, she asks the Universe. "Is this newcomer the one behind the kidnappings?"

Oh no. Crazies. Why'd it have to be crazies?
Lang quickly tries to calculate the risk of Hiding his thoughts with a spell while in the presence of the dogboy in case whatever powers the Altara was activating included plucking certain secrets from his mind...
Savant wrote:
"...He is not the one--he is the Brodkil's enemy, not their puppet master."


...a soft sigh of relief escapes through his nose as discards the spell he was beginning to cast.

Kidemonas wrote:
"Do you really think Symon is the one behind this?"

Heracles wrote:
"Are you all willing to come with me to confront Symon?"


"Kidnappings?! Me?" Lang exclaims, incredulity etched on his face. "What are you going on about? And who is this Symon person?"




OOC Comments
Added +8 PP, which is the net gain for 1 hour with the belt on which I'm using as a rough estimate for the time spent walking from the farm to town

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Freya stands between his friends and Langdon.
"Hey! Be nice and leave him alone! Can't you see he is a good guy? Langdon, to save a person is something that deserves recognition! Want to join us for a drink later?"

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Savant smiles in Langdon's direction. "My apologies. My friends and I just rescued some of these good townspeople who were being held by the Brodkil. Our inquiries have also indicated that the one who was giving the Brodkil their orders was a cloaked D'norr. I think you can understand our confusion upon encountering you as soon as we arrived back in town. As for Symon... he is the only other D'norr we have met here, he also wears a cloak, and he is a representative of Dunscon's so-called 'True Federation of Magic'." There is not the faintest effort on her part, now, to hide the venom in her voice as she says those last four words. "And yes, my good friend Heracles, I believe Symon should be questioned on this matter, most... vigorously."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Penny spends her time since the return shaking hands and telling the story of their rescue, taking care to ensure that it was the spirit of cooperation between all species and all walks of life - that which is embodied in the Tomorrow Legion's credo - that is the story that is passed along to all who'll listen. She also informs Lithari as to what they found out there.

She then greets the newcomer. "Good to meet you, Langdon. I'm Penny, I'm a reporter, and I appear to have been drafted into the role of commander here. How about we all get our stories straight once we've had some hot meals?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 (1)

Persuasion, for getting the TL's story out there: 1d6 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Seeing what Penny is doing, Freya excuses herself and goes to help her, trying to convince the townspeople the Tomorrow Legion way is the right one.
Persuasion 10
Roll: 1d4+3 = 7 (4)
Wild Die: 1d4 (2)
Ace!: 1d4 (3)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
As you mingle with the crowd, the ground shakes as Strickland's robot climbs out of the river, water cascading off it as it stomped towards the town. Several of the rescuees back up at the sight of him and the celebration stops for a moment.

"Alright Penny, I'm here," he announces over the loudspeaker, "now about that job. You find that Federation guy who hired me yet?"


Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice rolls failed when original posted.

Mica stays outside, and prepares herself incase anything bad happens that might come fleeing from the establishment the others are going into. Though she doesn't know exactly what is going on as she has kept herself apart from the group.

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
"Subtlety, thy name is Giant Goddamn Robot." Penny looks up at the big robot. "Hi there. As a matter of fact, there might be something." She looks towards the mayor, or failing that, the nearest figure of authority. "This is Strickland. We run across each other sometimes. He's looking for work. I'm curious - would the town be interested in a formal protector?"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Freya examines the newly arrived robot, with expert eyes, trying to make its status and particular characteristics.
Notice: 9 (Success and Raise)
OOC Comments
Notice Roll: 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild die: 1d6 (6)
Ace!: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
notice 10
Notice: 1d6 (6)
ACE: 1d6 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6 (5)


Freya wrote:
"Hey! Be nice and leave him alone! Can't you see he is a good guy? Langdon, to save a person is something that deserves recognition! Want to join us for a drink later?"


"Oh yes, definitely. I don't have many rules in life but one of them is to never turn down a drink." Big smile!

giant robot merc wrote:
"Alright Penny, I'm here," he announces over the loudspeaker, "now about that job. You find that Federation guy who hired me yet?"

Savant wrote:
"My apologies. My friends and I just rescued some of these good townspeople who were being held by the Brodkil. Our inquiries have also indicated that the one who was giving the Brodkil their orders was a cloaked D'norr. I think you can understand our confusion upon encountering you as soon as we arrived back in town. As for Symon... he is the only other D'norr we have met here, he also wears a cloak, and he is a representative of Dunscon's so-called 'True Federation of Magic'." There is not the faintest effort on her part, now, to hide the venom in her voice as she says those last four words. "And yes, my good friend Heracles, I believe Symon should be questioned on this matter, most... vigorously."


Langdon files this useful information in his mind while displaying a well-practiced look of curiosity and concern.
So. The True Fed is behind the Brodkil, not the Black Market. That makes more sense....Unless they are working together? All of this for access to that nexus. Or is there more to it?
When Savant finishes he says, "Please, no apology needed. That is a mistake I easily could have made were I in your place. You say this other D'Norr was responsible for the Brodkil? I'd like to have a talk with him, too." He adds a bit of low-key menace in his voice and raises his looted brodkil weapons for emphasis.

Penny wrote:
Penny spends her time since the return shaking hands and telling the story of their rescue, taking care to ensure that it was the spirit of cooperation between all species and all walks of life - that which is embodied in the Tomorrow Legion's credo - that is the story that is passed along to all who'll listen. She also informs Lithari as to what they found out there.


Freya wrote:
Seeing what Penny is doing, Freya excuses herself and goes to help her, trying to convince the townspeople the Tomorrow Legion way is the right one.


K-Politics 7
Knowledge (Politics): 1d4 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (6)
ACE: 1d6 (1)


Interesting. They seem to be campaigning as much as celebrating. Ah yes, of course! Competition for access to the nexus - and the town itself - between the Fed, Castle Refuge... Lang then remembers hearing of the Coalition too. ...and the CS. Well, that's an easy enough choice."

Persuasion 11
Persuasion +7CHA/CB: 1d6+7 = 11 (4)
WILD dye: 1d6 (4)

Lang climbs up onto the side of one of the vehicles so the citizenry can more easily see him and exhorts the crowd to cheer for the champions of Tomorrow Legion, while ostentatiously displaying his looted weapons as a way of showing his credibility.
"Let it be known that when the good people of Garnet Town were in their darkest hour, it was the Tomorrow Legion that came through for them! 3 cheers for the Tomorrow Legion! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray!"

Penny wrote:
"Good to meet you, Langdon. I'm Penny, I'm a reporter, and I appear to have been drafted into the role of commander here. How about we all get our stories straight once we've had some hot meals?"


Common Knowledge 13
To recognize Penny's name/work
Common Knowledge: 1d10 (10)
ACE: 1d10 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (4)


"Ah! The famous journalist Pennywise! What a delightful surprise. I accept your dinner invitation, I bet a person in your line of work has many stories to tell!"

Better watch myself around this one. She has a knack for uncovering things people don't want uncovered. That could be useful to me...and risky too.

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
The children rally around Kidemonas, overjoyed to see their pet dragon to ride on again. Freya and Penny make their way around the celebrating crowd, accepting the thanks and praise of the people, but at the same time subtly or not promoting the Legion.

Langdon meets the squad for the first time and despite initial suspicions and Freya’s intervention, the Squad decides that he is not the leader of the Brodkil. As the gate guards have joined the celebrations, White Hoof has taken it upon himself to take over their duties.

“Commander Penny Wise, this is White Hoof. Maintaining watch.”

Lieutenant Cornell mingles with the crowd as well, though he is carefuly to keep a little distance from the squad.

Symon is not anywhere in sight and it appears nobody has seen him for a while since the squad left town a few hours ago. Savant, Kidemonas and Heracles head over to the Boarding House and are joined by Langdon later after he meets with more of the squad.

Mica stands ready on the fringes of the celebration, feeling uncomfortable, though several of the townsfolk do come up to her offering hugs and thanks for her part in rescuing everyone.

Strickland’s arrival surprises everyone. Though some of the townsfolk back away from the sight of Strickland’s robot, Strickland laughs when Penny makes him the offer.
“Could be a quiet cosy gig, but I am not sure how they’d feel about it.”

Freya does a quick visual analysis of the robot and concludes that despite any scorch marks, it is fully functional for combat purposes.
Mayor Lithari leans in slightly unsteadily and whispers to Penny “what does he mean by that?”


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Freya stands in front of the robot.
"Hey! Don't spoil the party! Get out of there and come celebrate with us! People, don't worry, we all are friends here and now!"
She tries to calm the situation, and the townspeople with her always friendly attitude.
Persuasion 6
Roll: 1d4+3 = 6 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 (2)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Savant's voice comes over the radio: "Symon has definitely gone on the run--he must have known we'd be looking for him when we talked to the hostages. Furthermore, his trail led Heracles directly to Cornell's tent, and all the equipment there was smashed. I think this is sufficient circumstantial evidence for an all-hands approach, Commander Pennywise. I was at Tolkeen when it fell, and I've seen the sorts of horrors warlocks with their backs to the wall will come up with. If you four can bring the vehicle along the road out of the north side of town, you can pick us up as we move."


_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d8 (8)
wild notice 1d6 (4)


Mica appreciates the town people that come up to her.

Mica responds on her radio, "This is Mica, I'll head out right now. How hot is the trail? Over." She runs over to her cyclone and starts it up.

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Sensing that time for a lengthly discussion is not on her side, Penny takes some time to introduce Strickland to the Mayor, getting the details to the Mayor about Strickland's previous employment and also detailing how Penny knows Strickland, She then lets Strickland know that if he's amenable to acting as a town guardian there's surely plenty of other towns out there that could use one that don't have immediate brushes with the other side of Strickland's career.

Then, with that being all the time she has, Penny gathers up the others and relays what Savant told her. "There may be no time to waste, so finish your brews and let's get in gear." All who're willing and able are invited to come along, including the new faces to the group.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Notice 15
Notice 1d4+4 = 8 (4)
Ace Notice 1d4+8 = 12 (4)
Second Ace Notice 1d4+12 = 15 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace Wild Notice 1d6+10 = 12 (2)


And so, Savant and the others pass by as they re-gather to launch a quest to find Symon....

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
Savant wrote:
"Symon has definitely gone on the run--he must have known we'd be looking for him when we talked to the hostages. Furthermore, his trail led Heracles directly to Cornell's tent, and all the equipment there was smashed. I think this is sufficient circumstantial evidence for an all-hands approach, Commander Pennywise. I was at Tolkeen when it fell, and I've seen the sorts of horrors warlocks with their backs to the wall will come up with. If you four can bring the vehicle along the road out of the north side of town, you can pick us up as we move."


Penny wrote:
"There may be no time to waste, so finish your brews and let's get in gear."


"Don't mind if I do." Lang takes a moment to refresh his armor's Shadowsight before he climbs in to the vehicle. Once inside and underway he inserts a fresh clip into his JA-11.

Spellcasting 4
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 4 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 (3)


PP calc
-2 PP for exalted darksight
+2 PP recharge estimate (1 PP/5 min) to pickup
total = 0 PP change

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
Strickland climbs down from his robot as Penny introduces him to Mayor Lithari. After a couple of minutes of discussion between Mayor Lithari and Strickland, they shake hands.

Just as you are about to leave, Lithari holds up her hands for silence and the crowd slowly quietens down. “It’s time we made a decision, as a town, about our future. These good people…” She gestures towards your group, “…have given us a chance to determine our own destiny.”

"Considering what the Federation of Magic,” at this there is a lot of loud booing from the townsfolk that Lithari has to hold up her hands again to quieten the crowd, “has tried to do here, there is no reason we should trust them, so I am formally rejecting their offer. We will not be joining the Federation of Magic.”

This is greeted with applause and cheers from the townsfolk, and you can see Lieutenant Cornell nodding in agreement.

“We have heard from Lieutenant Cornell why we should join the Coalition States and he has aided in rescuing many of you here today. However, we no longer just have two offers of protection as the Tomorrow Legion has also made such an offer earlier today.”

Lieutenant Cornell looks surprised at this, but wisely decides not to object considering he had seen the Squad at work.

“I invite them to speak for the Tomorrow Legion to share their thoughts why we should ally with them and the future of Garnet Town.”

OOC Comments
sorry, I'm derailing your attempts to leave. Mayor Lithari has decided that right now is the time to decide the future of Garnet Town.

These are the Mayor’s main concerns that should be covered by at least somebody:

Security: Garnet Town needs help to defend itself against any outside threat. The leyline nexus nearby represents an ongoing concern something dangerous could come through a rift at any time.

Interestingly, during any discussion, somebody does point out that nothing has come out of the rift in their lifetime.

Freedom: Allying the town with the Federation of Magic offered a great deal of freedom, whilst allying with the Coalition means Garnet Town would then live under the heel of Coalition law. The security offered by the Coalition comes at the price of the town’s precious independence.

Involvement in Conflicts: Joining the Coalition States invites aggression from the Federation of Magic and the Pecos Empire, as is rejecting the Federation of Magic. Either way, the town gets dragged into a fight.

What’s best for the townsfolk: One of the most compelling arguments for joining the Coalition is the major technological benefits for the town. Specifically, medical treatment would be greatly improved; so too communications, building materials, even basic plumbing and power concerns become trivial. Naturally, these benefits would only apply to the human residents of the town as the as the non-humans are likely to be forced to leave.

All characters are allowed to speak and make assist rolls, but only one player will be able to make the main persuasion roll.
Any particularly good arguments will add bonuses to that roll.
Mayor Lithari and Strickland striking a deal adds +2 to your roll and you all have +2 charisma with Garnet Town. Heracles previous faux pas has been forgotten and no longer receives that charisma penalty.

Lieutenant Cornell will be opposing you with his own persuasion roll.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Not sure if Freya should be the "main" speaker, I will, for now, suppose she only helps.

Freya stands in front of the people, and address them, using her TK sound amplification to make her voice clear and warm, even at a distance.
"Good people of Garnett town! The Tomorrow Legion only interest is to help all people, regardless of race, color or ideas, to live in freedom and peace. We don't want to create an empire. We don't want to tell people how to live, as long as they are not trying to attack or enslave others. We don't want you to swear allegiance to us. We only want to help. Help you thrive. Help you grow. And, in turn, we expect you to start helping others, even us, because that union of free and good people is the only way to achieve peace and security."
She points at the ley line.
"See that ley line? That is a clean, powerful and renewable source of power. We can help you harness it. Use it in a safe and controlled way to power lights, machines, water pumps. You can use it. You don't need to fear it. You can learn to make it work for you!"
Persuasion: 12 (Success and 2 raises, Woohoo!)
OOC Comments
Roll: 1d4+3 = 5 (2)
Wild die: 1d6 (6)
Ace!: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:56 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 5 success
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 (4)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 (5)
Returning from the widow's house Kidemonas sees things getting pretty political and decides while he is not talented in this area h would still like to hear out what his friends will say. Most likely something about how safe people will be with such a powerful dragon protecting them. Thinking on it a bit more he decides it would be better if he just pointed it out to them, after all Freya just went on and on, and she totally forgot to include him. "Also worth noting is that a by allowing us to help you, you will have the a very powerful and mighty dragon who can defeat anything that will threaten you." Flexing and posing a bit he decides to add. "I know that because you see me playing with the children it is easy to mistake me for only a friendly and docile neighbor. But I can assure you I am a mighty and powerful dragon, warrior and defender of innocents."

Persuasion Assist 5 so penny gets a plus 1 somewhow
Yes it is true he does not actually have persuasion as a skill! I know who would have guessed right?
Kidemónas Persuasion Roll: 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
    Go figure the d4 aced! 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Persuasion Wild Die: 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Freya smiles widely.
"Yes! To have a big dragon as your friend is very good to keep the bullies away!"
OOC Comments
Sorry, she didn't want to ignore Kidemónas or the other "fighters" in the team, but she is a pacifist, and figthing is not the angle she would use to convince the people of the town.

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
notice 3
Notice: 1d6 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (2)


Spellcasting 10
Disguise spell
Spellcasting: 1d10+2 = 3 (1)
REROLL (-1 benny): 1d10+2 = 10 (8)
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Persuasion with G-Town bonuses 15
Persuasion +7CHA/CB: 1d6+7 = 9 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6+7 = 11 (4)


As the gathered crowd waits for Pennywise to speak on behalf of the Tomorrow Legion, Langdon takes the opportunity to slip away for a moment. He slowly weaves a Deception spell to alter his appearance to more closely resemble that of a citizen of Garnet Town. As Pennywise makes various points while making her pitch, Lang bolsters her argument with an additional comment here and there that reinforces her side of the debate. He subtly alters his appearance several times while meandering through the back of the mob to make it appear like more and more townfolk are siding with Penny, hoping to foment an emotional chain reaction of good will toward the Tomorrow Legion.

On Security: "...well they sure did a good job with those brodkil. I mean, heck, that's a dragon over there!" says a tall, gangly youth in a mechanic's work clothes.

Freedom: "Why should we have to answer to an Emperor all the way up in Chi-Town? Castle Refuge is mostly just interested in trade, right? Trade for protection seems like a good deal." muses a frumpy woman wearing a tavern apron.

Involvement in Conflicts: "I was in Tolkeen on business when the Coalition attacked," a grizzled bulldog-bred dogboy spits. "We don't want any of that...I barely escaped with my life." he says, with a distant look in his eye.

What’s best for the townsfolk: "I...I don't want to move. I can't start over again if the Coalition makes me leave." bemoans an attractive young elf maid. "Where would I go?"





Corrigon wrote:
Interestingly, during any discussion, somebody does point out that nothing has come out of the rift in their lifetime.


Bingo. Lang thinks to himself. No wonder everyone is so interested in this two-bit town.
Lang tries to recall how rare this phenomenon is.

K-Arcana 3
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 (2)
WILD dye: 1d6 (3)

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Last edited by Langdon Steed on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
After a long moment, Penny considers her words carefully, then she speaks.

"We can talk about technology, about magic, about the infrastructure either or both can bring. Those things, the Tomorrow Legion can bring to the table. Not as good, technologically, as the Coalition; not as mighty, magically, as the Federation. We can talk about security, which is always a concern in a world as dangerous as ours, and what alliances mean in terms of buying enemies - and I won't lie, the Tomorrow Legion has its enemies as well. Survival is always a concern.

"But what I want to talk to you about, as a scholar and a reporter, is what the Tomorrow Legion believes, because belief is the nourishment of the soul. The Tomorrow Legion believes that survival is about more than survival of the body, at the cost of our morals and our immortal spirit; that if you survive because you threw others like you to the wolves, then something important has left you, possibly forever. Survival is about realizing that that which comes out of the darkness is counting on our divisions. It's counting on us throwing those whose heritage dates back to a different world, those who practice a different way of life, those who love a different kind of person, into its jaws. Because it knows it will be hungry tomorrow, and that by us turning against ourselves, we make ourselves weaker today.

"The Legion believes in the philosophy that our differences do not make us weaker, but so much stronger; that a robot pilot and a magician will each see threats the other could never plan for, that medicines and sciences from other dimensions and forgotten shores can enrich us all, and that that which seems so large to any, will seem far less fearsome in the face of the many. That we're not just a stronger people together, but a better one. To the extent that there are ways we ask others to give up, they are ways of self-destruction, bigotry and inhumanity; they're ways we try to lead by example here, by our group of many peoples from many walks of life. In us, you see the Tomorrow Legion; and hopefully, that answer is enough."


OOC Comments
Persuasion Dice Roll, without bonuses added: 1d6 (4)
Will Spend Benny, for extra d6: 1d6 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 (4)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Persuasion 15, +3 to aid Penny
Dropping Epiphany Adventure Card to gain Persuasion d6 for the rest of this 'session' (Q4).
+2 for group bonus, +2 for Attractive, -4 for Altaran + Flat Roll
Persuasion 1d6 (1)
Wild Persuasion 1d6 (2)
Extra Effort Benny added to Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace EE Benny, running total 1d6+8 = 13 (5)



Savant tries desperately to understand this situation. These people must be blinder than I am to not understand they only have one real choice here.... And then it just sort of 'clicks', as she hears Cornell try to give counter-arguments.... How to phrase things so that she can help open the eyes of those who are being confused by the CS propaganda. Furthermore, her 'special insights' start to make her understand how other people think--and thus, how their minds can be changed.

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
Listening to both sets of arguments, Mayor Lithari maintains a neutral face throughout, with The Losers speaking quite eloquently, with Penny taking the lead and Savant, Freya, Kidemonas and Langdon providing a lot of help, both this time and from before. As both sides complete their arguments, Mayor Lithari considers for a moment and then smiles. She hobbles forward on her crutch to shake Penny’s hand.

“Commander Penny Wise, on behalf of the people of Garnet Town, I would like to formally accept the Tomorrow Legion’s offer of alliance from this day forth!” At this the crowd bursts into cheers and the celebrations continue again. Lieutenant Cornell's head sags at this news.

Just as the town begins to celebrate in the aftermath of Lithari’s decision, a brilliant light flares up to the Northwest. The townsfolk gasp or cry out in horror. “It’s the nexus point.” Lithari says, her face showing an expression of shock. “A Rift is opening!”
Heracles, Freya, Kidemonas and Langdon feel a sudden shift in the air like something has changed as suddenly all the residents of Garnet Town scream in pain, clutching their heads and most of them collapse to the floor. A quick check of them reveals that they don’t appear to be suffering any physical injury. Only Langdon, Jasper, Strickland, Cornell the man with broken glasses and the team are unaffected that you can see. Those of you without any magical abilities or the ability to detect magic do not feel anything, except for a change in the direction of the wind towards the south east away from the Nexus.
“What is going on?” Strickland exclaims, edging back towards his robot.
Jasper, who is checking Jonas Trent the Miller, frowns, “I’m not sure but they are all completely out of it. Looks like its frazzled their brains or something."
Cornell looks around, settling on looking at Penny. "I did warn you all," he says, unslinging his rifle. "Now we have another situation where I cannot call in support to deal with."

OOC Comments
Sorry if anybody else wanted to post, but we'd hit the limits of what assistance Penny could receive.
Any character with the Danger Sense Edge feels the presence of a major threat.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:24 am
Profile
Online
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 686
Reply with quote
Notice 6, Psionics-Clairvoyance 9
Notice 1d4+4 = 6 (2)
Notice 1d6+4 = 6 (2)

Psionics 1d6 (1)
Wild Psionics 1d6 (2)

Benny Re-roll Psionics:
1d6 (2)
1d6 (6)
Ace Wild 1d6 (3)

4 ISP Spent, Altaran Radar-Sense and Sound


Savant gives Cornell a wide, toothy grin, though her 'eyes' are pointed slightly above his left shoulder. "Well, then, I guess we'll just have to take care of it ourselves." And with that, she dashes over to the Mark V, jumping into the front passenger seat. "So, let's see what's going on there, shall we? Penny, love, make sure to drive straight at whatever we're dealing with--that way, I can leap out and do some real damage." And with that, she draws her sword, even as she sends her second sight out to the Nexus ahead of them, to be able to give a sit-rep to Penny once they're underway.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 3/7
GMC Bennies: Big H, 0/2
T: 2/2
P: 0/2





Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d6 (4)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 (5)

Looking towards the Ley Line Nexus Kidemónas feels something strange in the air. "Cornell is right, we must go. Penny, I will ride with you if it is okay, your vehicle is faster than I can fly." Shifting forms again Kidemónas starts running to the vehicle, but seeing Savant beet him to the front seat he gets a little frustrated as he is going to be relegated to one of the back seats, when it occurs to him that he can simply hold on to the cargo rack and still be able to leap off into action.
Feeling satisfied with not being placed in a second place position and jumping up on the vehicle he finds a good location to secure himself without breaking anything and is ready to go. "If this is Symon's work he will regret his decision to prey on the people of Garnet Town."

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Freya face gets pale.
"I hope I can help the people!"
She moves towards the rift, just enough to get outside of the town, in front of all the innocent people, and starts fidgeting with her Portable Force Field Projector, trying to set it up in such a way it can block whatever energies are causing pain to the townsfolk.
OOC Comments
She uses her Arcane Machinist edge to create a magical gadget that can block the "attack" the townspeople are receiving. I think Dispel should work.
Techno-Wizardry: 10 (Sucess and 1 raise, forget the -2 as Dispel is Seasoned)
Roll (+4 machine maestro): 1d10+4 = 12 (8)
Wild Die: 1d6 (4)
If needed, she will use "Exalted Dispel".

If successful, Freya will start guiding the people for cover.
"Go into cover! Hide! Run!"

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
notice 1d8 (6)
wild notice 1d6 (3)


Mica looks up at the sky as the Rift erupts, She revs up her cyclone then rides over to the party. "Who wants a lift?"

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Excited at the prospect Kidemonas smiles jumping down from the vehicle. "That looks way faster, I will ride." Jumping in back here looks excited.

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
notice 4
Notice: 1d6 (1)
WILD dye: 1d6 (4)

k-arcana 3
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (2)


As the townfolk celebrate their new alliance with Castle Refuge, Lang moves his way toward the TL vehicle and discreetly shifts back to his normal appearance as he walks behind it, only to emerge from around the other end. As he rejoins the party the citizens suddenly drop like flies all around him as Lang notices, no, feels, the sudden shift in the arcane atmosphere emanating from the nexus.
Uh-oh. Why does that make my bowels so watery?

Lang looks around at the few people unaffected by the mysterious phenomenon.
"Jasper, myself, the Coalition guy, and the Tomorrow Legion are the only ones standing...why does this only affect the people of Garnett Town and not us?" he says out loud as he wracks his memory for anything to help him identify this odd occurrence.

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
"Maybe it's some kind of fadetown?" Upon a few askance glances, she clarified. "A fadetown is where longtime residents fade in and out of sync with reality as we know it, due to fluctuations in the ley lines. But I've never heard of it working like this."

She hopped into her ATV and beckoned for any passengers that wanted in. "Let's go check it out. They said that nothing ever opened, but maybe they weren't conscious during the opening? I have a feeling that's where we'll find answers."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 (5)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
The cyclone is a motorcycle. "Hang on tight." Mica calls out as she prepares to take off for the Nexus.

OOC Comments
notice 1d8 (3)
wild notice 1d6 (3)

_________________
Mica Nowel
MARS Power Armor Soldier
Parry: 8
Toughness:
  • CVR-3 Combat Armor: 12(6)
  • Cyclone PA: 14(8)
Notable Edges: Ambidextrous(Ignore Off hand Penalty), Brave (+2 to fear tests)
Notable Skills: Driving d6; Fighting d10; Piloting d4; Shooting d10; Stealth d10; Notice d8; Survival d4; Persuasion d8;
Notable Attributes: Strength d6 (d12 in PA mode); Charisma: +4
Weapons:
  • H-90 Gallant
    • Pistol mode: Range: 15/30/60 Damage: 2d4+1 ROF: 2 AP: 2 Shots: 830
    • Rifle mode: Range: 25/50/100 Damage: 3d6+1 ROF: 4 AP: 2 Shots: 415
    • -- Ammo: (828/830); (830/830); (830/830) - 3 PE-Clips
    • *Note: Rifle mode shots use 2 shots
  • RL-6 60mm Light Repeating Rocket Cannon
    • SBT, Mega Damage Range: 100/200/400 DMG: 4d6 ROF: 1 AP: 11
    • SHOTS: 2/6
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue 0/2
Action Cards:
    • Note: Character has a sworn enemy from Intial Interlude, draws extra card until they "retire"
  • Joker's Gone Wild
  • Contact
Bennies:3/4
  • +1 Q3 Fortune Favors the Bold
  • +1 Q3 Post rate bonus
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 benny used to reroll piloting at Nexus
  • -0 benny canceled in Battle against Demon at Nexus
  • -1 benny used persuasion roll in new begining for Garnet Town facilitating roll.
  • -1 benny used to reroll knowledge engineering for crates.


Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 456
Reply with quote
Savant’s clairvoyance is always a strange thing for her to do. Whilst she is extending her consciousness, she sees with her mind’s eye. Most people would not notice any difference as they are able to see, but for an Altaran warrior woman, it is the only time that she is able to see properly, to be able to see colour! She gotten used to it, but it is still disconcerting to her and another way in which she is an aberration to her people.

As her mind’s eye was cast over the nexus, the nexus point lies at a rocky plain in the shadow of a short ridge which did nothing to hide the multiple Brodkil in defensive positions surrounding the approach from the Town, with a cloaked figure stood chanting and gesturing in front of the nexus of leylines as a rift began to form and quickly expand, two fiery red eyes looking out.

“I see you little blind one. Come and meet your doom at the hands of my servant. This place will soon be ours and you cannot stop our march to war.” A voice echoed out of the rift, and Savant can feel the malice dripping from it.

Freya’s device flooded the area around the villagers with a counter spell, but strangely, it did not seem to find anything to counter. However, the people seemed to react well to the counterspell and everyone seemed to stop shaking.

Arcane Knowledge roll
OOC Comments
Success There is no spell to counter
Raise It would seem that it was not a spell that caused the villagers to collapse, but perhaps the sudden lack of one that had been present. The counterspell filling the sudden void left by it.


“Alright, let’s do this,” Strickland decides, climbing back inside his Forager robot, “I’ve only just been hired. Don’t want to fail on the job in the first half an hour.”

“Commander Pennywise, somebody should protect this place in case we need to evacuate,” White Hoof grunted

OOC Comments
Jasper, the man with glasses and White Hoof stay behind to protect the town.
Lieutenant Cornell and Strickland are accompanying you. I’ll post their combat stats for you to NPC for the battle. They both count as wild cards, but don’t have any bennies.


Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:19 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am
Posts: 67
Reply with quote
notice 7
Notice: 1d6 (5)
WILD dye: 1d6 (6)
ACE: 1d6 (1)


With more than a little bit of envy Langdon watches the dragon semble into his human form and accept Mica's offer of a ride. Her strange motorcycle catches his eye.
Is that NG's new model? Import from NGR? Never seen one like that before.

Corrigon wrote:
Freya’s device flooded the area around the villagers with a counter spell, but strangely, it did not seem to find anything to counter. However, the people seemed to react well to the counterspell and everyone seemed to stop shaking.

k-arcana 3
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d6 (3)
WILD dye: 1d6 (3)


Lang watches with relief as whatever Freya's device does seems to aid the stricken townfolk. "Nice job!" he says to Freya. "How did you do that?" He inspects Freya's device intently with a look of almost childlike curiosity spread over his face.

White Hoof wrote:
“Commander Pennywise, somebody should protect this place in case we need to evacuate,” White Hoof grunted


"Not me. I want to see what's going on with that rift!" Lang hops into a vehicle, clearly not intending to stay in the town.

_________________
Langdon Steed

Steed, Langdon Steed
-MARS Concept: Commando Mage-
Charisma: 4 (6 if using his voice w/ TW C-Band); Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7);
Jack of All Trades: Ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills
I Know A Guy: Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made
Nerves of Steel Edge: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties
JA 11 Rifle:
49/60 shots; spare clip in pouch:38/60 shots
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol: 24/24 shots
Active Powers PP: 16/20
TW Armor charge: 60min0sec
Lang's Belt charge: 60min0sec
Comm. Band charge: 60min0sec


BENNIES: 1/3


Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:37 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 175
Reply with quote
Upon finishing her report, Savant puts the sword away and opts for the rifle again. "I'll target brodkil that have no cybernetics, sicne they're invisible. You drive as fast as you can past them, though; I can tuck out and roll once we get near enough to that Federation lackey. Oh, and the demon or alien he's summoning could tell I was scrying them, so we're definitely going to be expected."

_________________
Savant
OOC Comments
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Active effects: none
Parry: 9 (plus Uncanny Reflexes); Toughness: 14(5) [Huntsman LPA]
Weapon in hand: Wilk's Rifle (12/16 Shots)
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat
Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
Charisma: -2/+2 (Depends on how person feels about Altarans)
    Adventure Cards (0 plays left):
  • Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Played on Persuasion for Q4
ISP: 3/10
Bennies: 0/3

Major Phobia: Birds


Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:20 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Posts: 492
Reply with quote
Savant wrote:
Upon finishing her report, Savant puts the sword away and opts for the rifle again. "I'll target brodkil that have no cybernetics, sicne they're invisible. You drive as fast as you can past them, though; I can tuck out and roll once we get near enough to that Federation lackey. Oh, and the demon or alien he's summoning could tell I was scrying them, so we're definitely going to be expected."

Kidemónas looks at Savant. "Another demon, as many as we have slain you would think that Symon would learn they are unable to stand against me."

Being careful not to hurt Mica, Kidemónas braces himself for the coming ride as Mica turns the accelerator his eyes go wide as he realizes how amazing it is to accelerate so fast close to the ground. "I have got to get me one of these, this is as good as flying!"

_________________
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Active effects: Fighting boosted to d12+1; Adventure Card adds +1 to all Combat Traits
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 36/20
Bracers PPE: 5/5 Deflection & 3/5 Shrinking (Shrunk to get on bike and released again to jump off)
Action Cards: In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene
Bennies: 3
  • +1 for 3rd Q post rate.
  • +1 Heracles scored a Joker in Round 1 of Big Battle
  • -1 To Extra Effort and Attack on the Demon in Final Battle round 1
  • -1 To reroll damage is attack hits the Demon in Final Battle round 1 if not benny will not have been spent, as damage roll would not have occurred.

.

GM Quick Reference


Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am
Posts: 95
Reply with quote
Knowledge Arcana: 10 (Success and raise)
OOC Comments
Roll: 1d10 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 (6)
Ace!: 1d6 (4)

Freya's eyes glitter with realization as she answers Langdon.
"It is not an attack against the townspeople! They were missing some arcane energy from the rift, that was the problem! My field is replacing that energy for them!"
She sees Langdon go, while she keeps helping the townspeople get to cover, unwilling to join the fight. She will stand back to protect the town, happy to see Whitehoof and Jasper stand by her.

_________________
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 4
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 5 session): Used 1
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Cards: Invalid dice code!
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force
Bennies: 4


Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Penny revved up the rover, waving people towards it. She conferred strategy briefly with Jasper and White Hoof to make sure they were staying behind.

"Demons. Rifts. Sheesh. Well, if we're driving towards it and not away..." She called up the nav system. "I'm glad I have such good people to do it with."

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 (1)

_________________
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles


Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:35 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.