The Mill

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Mill

Post by Corrigon »

Run by the irascible Jonas Trent, the town mill is placed right by the river. A waterwheel drives the mill’s gears, and there’s a small river dock just nearby. Trent is Garnet Town’s most successful trader, often dealing with outsiders for processed grains, fish, and other products of the settlement.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Mill

Post by Corrigon »

As you enter, Jonas Trent, a large bearded man looked up from where he was stacking some grain sacks.

"Can I help you?" he asked, looking slightly irritated at being interrupted.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Yes!" says Penny, putting on her most polite smile. "I'm curious how the mill and the trade works here in town. What do you usually eat around here?"

As they chatted, Penny surreptitiously looks around, trying to find what was supposed to be important.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Persuasion: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace Die: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Last edited by Penny Wise on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 2
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Danger Sense Triggered = No
Without thinking of the appropriateness of his timing Kidemónas adds. "Do you have an extra radio here you would like to trade?
"You see all my friends have one, but I never get to know what they are talking about unless I am near one of them."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Yeah, what'll you trade for a decent radio? Maybe one with a stretchy cord to hang onto it? We, ah, might need it."
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Looking at Penny Kidemònas is impressed with her ingenuity. " Good thinking, yes a stretchy cord would be very useful. Very wise Penny."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jonas looked at the two of them closely and screwed up his face slightly as he thought about it.

"Yeah, I should have one in stock for you. I will have to look for it for a moment. Why don't you tell me why you are really here though? he spoke gruffly, moving a couple of sacks to reveal a box of gear. He reached inside and pulled out a radio from a load of climbing gear.

This what you are looking for?
OOC Comments
There are a few boxes buried under the sacks but they are quite obvious to the trained eye.
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 5
Notice die explode [dice]2[/dice]

Danger Sense Triggered = No
Surprised Penny would be able to find someone so quickly with the ability to help Kidemónas begins looking at the radios and then realizes he has no idea, what is good and bad in a radio and looks to Penny. "Perhaps it is best if you chose?"
Looking to the man Kidemónas will ask. "Would one of these swords be enough for the best radio Penny?" Not sure about the real value of technology, and seeing the sword as simply a nice trinket he wanted for the aesthetics. Kidemónas is sure Penny will keep him from being too cheated, and after all, he can always kill more demons to get another sword.
OOC Comments
Regardless of roll, Kidemónas is definitely not the trained eye on these things and would see nothing out of the ordinary.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny lets the young dragon and the shopkeeper haggle a bit, and if they can't come to a deal Penny will fork over the money for the radio. Then she takes Kidemonas outside to test it out.

Upon going outside, Penny contacts Savant (crossposting in the Wall thread.)

"Hi Savant, I'm over by the Mill now. I saw some boxes in the trader's tent, covered up in the back. Is that what I should be on the lookout for?"
OOC Comments
Ace Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace Die 2: [dice]3[/dice]
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant's voice comes over the radio. "Yes, that sounds like the right sort of thing. Hmm... Sound him out; tell him you're in the market for something unusual--say, a Neural Mace--that may have floated down the river. Maybe flash your credstick so he knows you're a serious potential buyer. If he bites, offer to keep mum about his sideline if he will tell you what he knows about the abductions. "
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jonas looked at the vibrosword, a glint of profit in his eye and then looked to wrestle with himself mentally, before he sighed.
“Look, ordinarily if you were offering to swap a vibrosword for a radio, I’d snap your hand off, but bartering for that one sided a deal when you are here to help don’t strike me as the best business practice. If you’re strong enough to help, you’re strong enough to get annoyed with me.”

When Kidemonas looks confused at how Jonas knows that
“That gossip Darla overheard you talking to the Mayor; word spreads fast especially since there ain’t that many of us here. Anyway, you don’t look like you have a lot of gear or money to work with, but I do have a few choice items."

He indicated the vibrosword; “Those things I’d be able to sell for a good few credits so I can outfit you with a few basics. Depends what you need?”

He shuffled a few bags and boxes out of the way to reveal a greater array of gear.

“What else are you after? I’ve only got a couple bits of light armour, none of that fancy Triax or new Northern Gun stuff, but it’s better than nothing when somebody is shooting at you.
You use guns at all? A lot of my weapons are out of your price range, but I’ve got a few hunting weapons that can still pack a punch. Certainly make a Brodkil take notice. Also, basic gear I have as well.”

OOC Comments
Basic items
As he’s offering you store credit, then you have 6000 credits worth to buy basic equipment from the players guide and the
He doesn’t have anything MD
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Penny Wise wrote:Penny lets the young dragon and the shopkeeper haggle a bit, and if they can't come to a deal Penny will fork over the money for the radio. Then she takes Kidemonas outside to test it out.

Upon going outside, Penny contacts Savant (crossposting in the Wall thread.)

"Hi Savant, I'm over by the Mill now. I saw some boxes in the trader's tent, covered up in the back. Is that what I should be on the lookout for?"

As Penny is in contact with Savant, she notices that she still has a call waiting on another channel from Mica.
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 17
Wild Die's Explosion: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die's Explosion's Explosion: [dice]5[/dice]

Danger Sense Triggered = Yes
Looking through the materials Kidemónas is a little saddened to see the prices are so high compared to the low value of the sword. Mumbling to himself as he sorts through "I guess I am going to have to kill a lot more demons to get the fancy stuff." sighing he separates out one of the cheapest armors he could find and an assortment of general gear.
A little unsure about the collection Kidemónas looks to Penny, "This seams like the kind of stuff you guys carry. Do you think this will be enough?"
After hearing her opinion he says to the Miller "Would you be willing to accept both of these swords for this armor and these survival supplies?"
OOC Comments
Kid is hoping to get the equivalent of a NG-S2 Survival Pack (30 lb, 3,000 credits), (mostly for the extras as he does not need the actual survival gear), and any of the cheaper armors in the book
Page 77, the lowest armor cost are
Adventure Survival Armor 10,500 credits
Ley Line Walker Light Armor 9,000 credits
Ley Line Walker Medium Armor 12,000 credits
NG Maverick 14,500 credits

After this the prices jump to 18,000 then over 20,000.

I am unsure if I need to roll or if Penny's persuasion still applies so here is a roll just in case.
Streetwise/Persuasion roll to negotiate: [dice]2[/dice]-4
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]-4
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jonas Trent screwed up his face, making it look like it was a hard decision.

"I can do you this light armour with a breathing apparatus and NG-S2 Survival Pack in exchange for the two vibroswords." he offered Kidemonas.

Your sharp dragon eyes, even in this form, spot a hatch underneath everything else just slightly peeking out
OOC Comments
You definitely deserve something for that notice roll

Ley line walker equivalent - looks to be from Wellington Industries
NG-S2 Survival Pack (30 lb, 3,000 credits)
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Thanks, Savant, I appreciate it." Penny flipped over to the call fro Mica. "Yo?"
OOC Comments
Notice Die: [dice]0[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 7
Notice Wild Explode: [dice]2[/dice]
Looking over the goods offered, Kidemónas looks to Penny for guidance. Seeing her still busy on the radio he decides. "By your excitement I see this is a deal that favors you well. I will take the deal, but first tell me, what is under the hatch there? Is that where you keep all all of the best goods or perhaps your personal hoard?

"Perhaps after I have made some real profits and killed some more demons we can work out more trades. It is possible we can both be prosperous in the future."
Kidemónas watches carefully for his reaction when he mentions the hatch thinking it perhaps leads to his hoard, while thinking he should tell Penny and the others of this when they return.
OOC Comments
If there is no further interaction Kidemónas will go join the others in the town square.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jonas turned his head to look at where Kidemonas was indicated and swore under his breath.

“Yeah, that’s where I keep the best gear; generally stuff that Mayor Lithari .. well, it’s not illegal, but I doubt she’d like the volume of what goes through here if you know what I mean. You didn’t really come in here to buy things though on a whim did ya. The fact you ain’t bothered tells me you know where some of my goods come from. If not you, then certainly her.”
He discreetly pointed at Penny on the radio, as to not get her attention.
Kidemónas wrote:"Perhaps after I have made some real profits and killed some more demons we can work out more trades. It is possible we can both be prosperous in the future." Kidemónas watches carefully for his reaction when he mentions the hatch thinking it perhaps leads to his hoard, while thinking he should tell Penny and the others of this when they return.
Jonas snorted "actually, compared to many, you have gotten a reasonably good deal out of me, but if you have more stuff to sell and want to buy, I'm sure we can come to mutually beneficial arrangements, scratching each other's backs as it were."
OOC Comments
I'm wondering if greed (minor) might be a good hindrance for Kidemonas
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"Ah yes, I agree. Well until next time we meet stay safe and live well." Kidemónas leave the mill and heads to the town square to meet up with Savant and the others.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny sees the dragon hatchling walk past as she waits on Mica, and frowns. "Something happen in there while I wasn't looking?" she asks of Kidemonas.
OOC Comments
Ace Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]1[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 8
Wild Explosion: [dice]2[/dice]

"Jonas was very helpful. He traded me all of this stuff and I am on my way to meet up with Savant and Heracles. If you are done you should come with me." Kidemónas smiles apparently pleased as can be from the trades that were arranged.
"I think next time I will try to have enough stuff to get some really good trades going with Mr Jonas, and I am very curious about what his nicer things look like."
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

She turns on her commlink, "Hey Penny. Cornell is willing to share his data from his systems if he can tag along when we go after the Blackmarket."
from Tuesday posting
Last edited by Ximena on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica radio's Penny, "We're gonna come meet the team."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Okay, on my way. Him tagging along sounds good to me. Where do you all want to meet?"
OOC Comments
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron