View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Can we reopen House Rules already? 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 654
Reply with quote
If for no other reason than to fix the idiotic 2 Major/2 Minor mistake/editing error/whatever on Super Tech items?

_________________
GM Bennies: 6/6


Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:47 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1402
Reply with quote
Tribe,

If you believe there is a mistake or typo, no problem. Perhaps just ask: "Could you please investigate the issue with SuperTech regarding whether or not it is 2/2 or 3/2 in terms of upgrades?"

Yes, I can. Please give me a few days to Wade back through it all.

VV

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 654
Reply with quote
I was asking because last time we talked about fixing it, the discussion was shut down because 'House Rules is closed.'

More generally, though, I sincerely would like to see House Rules reopen. We created a lot of fun options here, and IMO the more formal discussion/approval process is preferable to the backdoor house rules creation folks have started to do in Community Projects in the interim.

_________________
GM Bennies: 6/6


Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:40 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 654
Reply with quote
The other option, if we want to leave Super-Tech on the shelf for now, would be to formally allow a maxed out Tinkerer item (2 Minor, 3 Major) as a Signature Item.

_________________
GM Bennies: 6/6


Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1402
Reply with quote
Tribe of One wrote:
The other option, if we want to leave Super-Tech on the shelf for now, would be to formally allow a maxed out Tinkerer item (2 Minor, 3 Major) as a Signature Item.


I can get behind that for now.

VV

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1402
Reply with quote
Tribe of One wrote:
More generally, though, I sincerely would like to see House Rules reopen. We created a lot of fun options here, and IMO the more formal discussion/approval process is preferable to the backdoor house rules creation folks have started to do in Community Projects in the interim.


Agreed regarding community projects.

VV

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 1407
Reply with quote
There is a difference. In community Projects, people are asking opinions on things no one else has to agree to. House Rules are binding across the site, or at least the Rifts games. That's why every GM should chime in and vote

_________________
CS Fighting Joes


Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:42 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 654
Reply with quote
High Command wrote:
There is a difference. In community Projects, people are asking opinions on things no one else has to agree to. House Rules are binding across the site, or at least the Rifts games. That's why every GM should chime in and vote


Yeah, I understand the distinction, but I think when ideas are good (and balanced) then they should be allowed across the site. And there's nothing stopping House Rules items from being approved only for limited use.

_________________
GM Bennies: 6/6


Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.