Race proposal

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Kuikku

Race proposal

Post by Kuikku »

Not sure where to post this so I am putting it here. If it belongs someplace else please feel free to put it there.

Gremlins

Originally brought to Earth through micro-rifts created by nuclear testing these small creature were very curious about this new world. Standing at no more than three feet tall they knew these “humans” were much larger then themselves and were in often quite violent. As a result they quickly adapted an ability to remain hidden from the giants of this planet but went on exploring what they could. They were specially intrigued by these amazing machines that could be found almost everywhere. Unfortunately, while tinkering with them things often broke. Humans quickly decided that there must be gremlins wrecking things and, though they would say it mostly in jest, far too often they were right. Hearing these comments these small beings accepted this name as their own.

As time progressed they further perfected their ability to hide but it was not until the war that they finally came into their power. With the release of so much energy their long forgotten history with magic returned and Gremlins felt it may finally be time to reveal themselves to the world.

Advantages: +8
Nimble and Quiet: Gremlins start with a d6 in Agility and a d6 in Stealth (+3)

Found Everywhere: Part of their ability to hide came from the fact that they could move where most people don't look; the top of walls or on ceilings. Gremlins start with the Wall Walker advantage. (+1)

Hard to Kill: Even when the occasional human did discover that Gremlins existed they were never able to bring one down to prove it. This is because they start with the Hardy ability. (+3)

Magic in the Blood: Even if they, as a race, have forgotten their genes remember the magic of their home world. Gremlins receive +5 PPE when they receive training as a Ley Line Walker. (+1)

Complications: (-6)
Funny Looks: With a slight tint to their hair and skin, ranging from green into red, they can stand out in a crowd. However, when clothed properly they can easily pass as children, or even infants. (-1)

Small and Tough: Being of such a small size makes it difficult to find equipment and armor that will work for them. Gremlins have a Non-Standard Physiology. (-1)

How Does This Work?: Always fascinated by the complexities of machinery, but not always aware of how easy it can be to break said machinery, Gremlins have both the Curious and All Thumbs Hindrances. (-3)

Machines Keep Breaking: This habit of breaking machines, somehow, even caries over to ones implanted in Gremlins. As a result they are Cyber Resistant. (-1)
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Race proposal

Post by Heracles »

Hello! :D

First off, welcome and I'm glad you're looking at contributing to the community! I've only recently started doing so myself.

There is actually an area specifically for House Rules Proposals like custom Races, Edges, Hindrances, Iconic Frameworks, etc. It is found here for you. There is actually a template there for how the community would prefer to see them written up as well at the top of that area but here is the link to that for you as well.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Kuikku

Re: Race proposal

Post by Kuikku »

I knew I had seen something someplace. Thank you. I will edit and submit properly.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

Return to “Out of Character Topics”