Character Demographics Discussion

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Character Demographics Discussion

Post by Radecliffe »

Radecliffe wrote:I've compiled a list of all the characters currently in a group on the site. The link to the Google Sheet is here.

A few demographics I've gleaned so far:

Iconic Frameworks
  • Lords of War (18)
    • Combat Cyborg (3)
    • Crazy (5)
    • Cyber Knight (4)
    • Glitter Boy (4)
    • Juicer (2)
  • M.A.R.S. (27)
    • City Rat (1)
    • Cyber Doc (1)
    • Mercenary (3)
    • Operator (3)
    • Personal Concept (7)
    • Power Armor Soldier (1)
    • Psi Operator (1)
    • Robot Armor Pilot (3)
    • Rogue Scholar (2)
    • Techno Warrior (3)
    • Vagabond (1)
    • Wilderness Scout (1)
  • Psychic Powerhouses (6)
    • Burster (3)
    • Mind Melter (3)
  • Masters of Magic (18)
    • Ley Line Walker (4)
    • Mystic (5)
    • Shifter (2)
    • Techno-Wizard (7)
  • Dragon (3)
  • Home Rules (12)
    • Apok (1)
    • ARES (3)
    • Eco Wizard (Techno Wizard variant) (1)
    • MARS Psi Slinger (2)
    • Super Power Companion (2)
    • Undead Slayer (1)
    • Wraith (1)
    • Zapper (Burster variant) (1)
Races
  • Altara (3)
  • Altara Aberration (1)
  • Android (1)
  • D'Norr (2)
  • Dog Boy (4)
  • Dwarf (1)
  • Feline (1)
  • Fennodi (1)
  • Galamen (1)
  • Gnome (1)
  • Grackletooth (4)
  • Half Elf (3)
  • Human (36)
  • Human half Sihe (1)
  • Living Spell (1)
  • Lyn-Srial (3)
  • Man Bat (1)
  • Nightcrawler (1)
  • Phlebus (1)
  • Pixie (1)
  • Presci (1)
  • Psi-Stalker (2)
  • Quick-Flex (6)
  • Serran (1)
  • Simvan Mutant (1)
  • Slasher Movie Villian (1)
  • Trimadore (1)
  • True Atlantean (4)
  • Werejaguar (1)
Yep, the 18th is included. Every character currently in a group should be accounted for. The only groups not full is the Nameless which is down 1 and Black Company which is down 3 by my count. Also, I know it wasn't a requirement but I'll try to keep the list up to date and update the demographics at end of each quarter.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Character Demographics

Post by Ndreare »

Looking at this, what really stands out to me as prominent is that my favorite Iconic Framework (dragon) is apparently only average in popularity with only 3 people electing to play a dragon. While the Techno-Wizard is sitting in at twice as many people with 7 of them in the game.

It also becomes 100% apparent that while I only play characters with cool powers it is perfectly valid to play a tech based character as a reasonable percentage of characters have no Arcane Background. From a game breaking point of view I notice there is no single super strong trend such as 25%+ of characters all coming from a single archetype.

I would say that apparently Sean Patrick Fannon did an amazing job in his efforts to balance roles as opposed to power if this is a trend that can be found in other groups.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

I noticed half elves listed which amused me as Palladium doesn't allow cross breeding
GM bennies 6/8
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Evidently Shaintar throws better parties. ;)
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Corrigon wrote:I noticed half elves listed which amused me as Palladium doesn't allow cross breeding
I always thought this was funny. KS rants about genetics, science, and game balance. But all three are elements completely lacking from Palladium Fantasy. Then he makes it so Ogres effectively always have to breed with humans so mass rape is the underpinning of an entire species making them effectively always half breeds. How do they even sustain a population in the wild?

Of course while the Palladium Fantasy elves and the common ones in Rifts from Rifts Conversion Book 1 and South America are not able to interbreed with humans, who is to say in a megaverse of awesome there are not other planets where versions of humans, elves, orcs and dwarves can cross breed.

List of Strengths for KS
  • Amazing Imagination
    Massively huge/epic games
    Artist
Notice these are all the things that make for an awesome gun world to game in! Also note they do not include: Consistency, Mathematics, or Balance. Notice these are the things introduced by a system change.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: Character Demographics Discussion

Post by High Command »

I moved the discussion portion of this to a more appropriate place, and the actual informational post to yet another. Radcliffe, when you post next quarter, reply to the original thread (now in Recruiting). Excellent work.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Sounds like a plan!
Radecliffe

Skills

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Another thing I found interesting was that humans make up the same portion of MARS characters as they do overall if you exclude the CS group. In each case humans make up 34.5% of all MARS characters (10/29) with the same ratio overall (29/84).

I would've thought that humans would be a less popular choice for MARS characters given the extra advances would make the human's extra edge less advantageous.
Radecliffe

Skills

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Except there's always one more Edge that you need for any particular concept. With MARS, you can pick up some interesting Edge chains that need that extra Edge to cap off, or adding a little cream on the top. I've built a few where being human was the difference between starting with something like Telemechanics or similar high-rank Edges with lots of prerequisites.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Tribe of One wrote:Except there's always one more Edge that you need for any particular concept. With MARS, you can pick up some interesting Edge chains that need that extra Edge to cap off, or adding a little cream on the top. I've built a few where being human was the difference between starting with something like Telemechanics or similar high-rank Edges with lots of prerequisites.
This is amazingly true. It seems even when spending advances there is always that need for just a little more, or that moment where you are forced to decide between two edges. (Of course I do not have a single human so far...)
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

RFT wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:Except there's always one more Edge that you need for any particular concept. With MARS, you can pick up some interesting Edge chains that need that extra Edge to cap off, or adding a little cream on the top. I've built a few where being human was the difference between starting with something like Telemechanics or similar high-rank Edges with lots of prerequisites.
This is amazingly true. It seems even when spending advances there is always that need for just a little more, or that moment where you are forced to decide between two edges. (Of course I do not have a single human so far...)
Yeah, and worth noting that the Human extra Edge isn't just an Edge, it's a Born A Hero Edge, so something not easily replicated for many quarters of game time.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote:Yeah, and worth noting that the Human extra Edge isn't just an Edge, it's a Born A Hero Edge, so something not easily replicated for many quarters of game time.
Agree about the human edge being the difference maker, especially with Born a Hero in effect.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

True, edge chains can eat up slots at an alarming rate. Still, I think that MARS and D-Bees go together exceptionally well. In fact, I never really noticed before but Grackletooth are restricted by default to MARS packages. Their inability to use ISP, PPE or Cybernetics locks them out of all the other current IF's.
Radecliffe

Skills

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Radecliffe wrote:True, edge chains can eat up slots at an alarming rate. Still, I think that MARS and D-Bees go together exceptionally well. In fact, I never really noticed before but Grackletooth are restricted by default to MARS packages. Their inability to use ISP, PPE or Cybernetics locks them out of all the other current IF's.
Except Glitter Boy. It says in their racial description that gear from IF is customized to fit them.
;-)
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

RFT wrote:Except Glitter Boy. It says in their racial description that gear from IF is customized to fit them.
;-)
Hm. I saw that, but it says there's no way they can manage a GB suit built for a normal humanoid frame. I assumed the GB simply wouldn't lend itself to that kind of customization, as grackles are the same size as GBs. That's a lot of customization of something that's no longer in production to get parts from.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Yeah, I think the Glitter Boy write up specifically says it's limited to human-shaped and - sized D-Bees

EDIT: It's in the Grackletooth "Stuff Ain't Built for Me" description. Glitter Boy specifically mentioned.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

I have a hard time rationalizing a Grackletooth Glitter Boy. A Grackletooth is already a size 2 and a Glitter Boy is size 3. To cram a Grackle into a Glitter Boy should require considerable enlargement of a standard suit.

I think the discussion came up once and the gist was power armor no but robot armor would work. In fact Snackhappy in the 7th is a Grackletooth Robot Armor Pilot.
Radecliffe

Skills

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Radecliffe wrote:I have a hard time rationalizing a Grackletooth Glitter Boy. A Grackletooth is already a size 2 and a Glitter Boy is size 3. To cram a Grackle into a Glitter Boy should require considerable enlargement of a standard suit.

I think the discussion came up once and the gist was power armor no but robot armor would work. In fact Snackhappy in the 7th is a Grackletooth Robot Armor Pilot.
I could even see grackle power armor. Commonly available parts for currently manufactured PA suits should be workable. PA is little different than armor, and GTs have access to all the regular body armor with mods (that they oftentimes can put together themselves). GBs are no longer manufactured (ignore Free Quebec) and spare parts for repairs is a little different than undamaged armor plating that you'll have to splice in.
Besides, if you tell me no PA for GTs, I'll have to give back the SAMAS suit my GT took off a living dead GT.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Ok, give it back. That was easy. :D
Radecliffe

Skills

Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Nnoooooooo!
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Sorry, my Techno-Wizard Gnome has already converted it into a two bedroom apartment. 8-)
Radecliffe

Skills

Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Ok, so this a probably a dumb question, and I only have the TLPG, the SWD books and the super power companion.... but what the heck is a shifter? Nothing I can find mentions it as an Iconic Framework.

Also not sure where the details for A.R.E.S. characters comes from, I assume a book I dont have, but those I can at least find on the forums.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:Ok, so this a probably a dumb question, and I only have the TLPG, the SWD books and the super power companion.... but what the heck is a shifter? Nothing I can find mentions it as an Iconic Framework.

Also not sure where the details for A.R.E.S. characters comes from, I assume a book I dont have, but those I can at least find on the forums.
A Shifter is from the Savaging Rifts Ideas book, given as an example of how to do it. A.R.E.S. is this site's approach for a broadly usable IF that can replicate a good majority of OCC's and RCC's by itself, so that there will not have to be a special custom built IF for each one.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Hans Greuber wrote: A Shifter is from the Savaging Rifts Ideas book, given as an example of how to do it. A.R.E.S. is this site's approach for a broadly usable IF that can replicate a good majority of OCC's and RCC's by itself, so that there will not have to be a special custom built IF for each one.
Is there somewhere on the site that details the specifics of a shifter's IF (in case I ever want to make one)? I can find the ARES info Here
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
Hans Greuber wrote: A Shifter is from the Savaging Rifts Ideas book, given as an example of how to do it. A.R.E.S. is this site's approach for a broadly usable IF that can replicate a good majority of OCC's and RCC's by itself, so that there will not have to be a special custom built IF for each one.
Is there somewhere on the site that details the specifics of a shifter's IF (in case I ever want to make one)? I can find the ARES info Here
The Shifter can be found on pinnacles site in a document called something along the lines of "Savaging Your Favorite Rifts® Ideas".

Edit: I think it is something like $3
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

You can download the Savaging your Favorite Rifts Ideas doc for free from here in the Pinnacle store.

It's at the bottom, just click download.

Edit: You can also download if for free from DriveTruRPG if that is your preferred medium.
Radecliffe

Skills

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Radecliffe wrote:You can download the Savaging your Favorite Rifts Ideas doc for free from here in the Pinnacle store.

Edit: You can also download if for free from DriveTruRPG if that is your preferred medium.
Oh, cool. I did not know it was available for free.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

RFT wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:You can download the Savaging your Favorite Rifts Ideas doc for free from here in the Pinnacle store.

You were probably thinking of the sample characters. Those are 2.99 each.
Radecliffe

Skills

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Radecliffe wrote:
RFT wrote:

You were probably thinking of the sample characters. Those are 2.99 each.
Which is funny, because if ever there was anything that should be free, it is Iconic Characters.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades