75 Patron Milestone

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

75 Patron Milestone

Post by Hardin »

At Lloyd’s suggestion, I started a conversation over on the Hangout about what we’d like to see for a 75 Patron milestone. And at High Command’s suggestion, I’m making a post here. Feel free to comment below!

For my part, I’d like to see a free roll or two on the player’s HJ table of choice.
Hardin and Jane
Hardin a Half-Elf Psi-Slinger
Parry: 5
Toughness: 10(3)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d12, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Jane a Bandito Arms Robot Mustang
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(10) MDC
Notes/Special Features:
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (Danger Sense Edge and +2 to Notice)
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Tribe of One

Re: 75 Patron Milestone

Post by Tribe of One »

I would be strongly opposed to extra HJ rolls as a reward, but would have no problem with granting additional control over HJ rolls, via a few free rerolls, shake the table, even allowing straight up choice of result on one table, etc. Extra rolls feels like pay-to-win, extra control over existing rolls feels like granting more customization.
GM Bennies: 7/7
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

My mitigation of the obvious jump in power that a HJ roll might offer, I suggest the following addendum

Milestone Reward: Hero's Advance
A player with this reward may trade one normal advance for a roll on the non-gear hero's Journey table of their choice. In addition, the player must write an interlude and work with their GM to include a new minor Hindrance that fits with that interlude and Hero's Journey Result.

Additionally, I am rephrasing this from the chat

Milestone Reward: Friend of the Legion
You gain a +2 to Charisma when dealing with the Tomorrow Legion's official apparatus, and gain an extra 10% in base Legion pay. This does not apply to bonuses paid by the Legion.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Tribe of One wrote:I would be strongly opposed to extra HJ rolls as a reward, but would have no problem with granting additional control over HJ rolls, via a few free rerolls, shake the table, even allowing straight up choice of result on one table, etc. Extra rolls feels like pay-to-win, extra control over existing rolls feels like granting more customization.
I agree though I'm not sure how your alternatives would work for existing characters.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Radecliffe wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:I would be strongly opposed to extra HJ rolls as a reward, but would have no problem with granting additional control over HJ rolls, via a few free rerolls, shake the table, even allowing straight up choice of result on one table, etc. Extra rolls feels like pay-to-win, extra control over existing rolls feels like granting more customization.
I agree though I'm not sure how your alternatives would work for existing characters.
Does it need to? You should be spending that bonus Patronage EP on more crack, I mean new characters. Right?
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Tribe of One wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:
Does it need to? You should be spending that bonus Patronage EP on more crack, I mean new characters. Right?
Good grief, I'm at four now! Although... hmmm... Gnome Techno Warrior has a nice ring to it. :D
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

Tribe of One wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:
Hey! You leave people with four characters alone!
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Bennies: 2/3
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

This very much.

I really, really do not like the idea of giving extra rolls of HJ. It is effectively from 5 to 10 experience.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

What about a custom Wild Card Edge? Cool effect that won’t come into play that often but be iconic to the character. Needs to be GM approved and I. Line with existing Wild Card Edges.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

RFT wrote:
This very much.

I really, really do not like the idea of giving extra rolls of HJ. It is effectively from 5 to 10 experience.
While I obviously disagree, I can see the concern.

I think re-rolling a previous HJ roll or controlling a roll for a new character would be fine. I’d also be ok restricting it to just the gear tables, provided there is some mechanism built in to prevent ending up with a piece of gear you just cannot use. I’d be less excited by this as a reward, though.

I do like High Command’s suggestion of letting you take a HJ roll in lieu of an advance quite a bit.
Hardin and Jane
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

What about a second Signature Item?

Perhaps Humble needs a Signature item and I can get it from Patreon?
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I'm not opposed to allowing a HJ roll in place of an advance. Seems risky though.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tribe of One wrote:I'm not opposed to allowing a HJ roll in place of an advance. Seems risky though.
We could up it to a Major Hindrance, but that seems punitive, not fun and weird.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Someone in the chat floated the idea of allowing an “Always a Hero” Advance. I thought that was a cool idea, too.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

High Command wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:I'm not opposed to allowing a HJ roll in place of an advance. Seems risky though.
We could up it to a Major Hindrance, but that seems punitive, not fun and weird.
Minor Hindrances are fun. Majors are a bit tougher.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

A player with this reward may trade one normal advance (for one character) for a roll on the non-gear hero's Journey table of their choice. In addition, the player must write an interlude and work with their GM to include a new minor Hindrance that fits with that interlude and Hero's Journey Result. (5 EP Value)

Milestone Reward: Trusted Friend of the Legion
You gain a +2 to Charisma when dealing with the Tomorrow Legion's official apparatus, and gain an extra 10% in base Legion pay. This does not apply to bonuses paid by the Legion. (5 EP Value)

Milestone Reward: Trusted Friend of the Legion (Alternate)
You gain the Friend of the Legion Edge (5 EP Value)
  • Trusted Friend of the Legion
    Requirements: Veteran, Connections (Tomorrow Legion), Charisma +1
    You gain a +2 to Charisma when dealing with the Tomorrow Legion's official apparatus, and gain an extra 10% in base Legion pay. This does not apply to bonuses paid by the Legion. This edge may be taken twice. The second time it adds an additional +1 to effective Charisma and increases the base pay increase to 15%.
Milestone Reward: Always A Hero
You may ignore Rank requirements for any edge you qualify for for one advance for one character. (5-10 EP Value, call it 5 EP)
Tales of the 17th SOG
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Legion pay? What is this you speak of? ;)

Not really interested in taking on more hindrances for a roll on a table where I might not get anything I actually wanted. Given the risk of getting a sub-otpimal result adding a hindrance to that doesn't seem attractive to me. Of course, I have no problem with it being an available reward for those that would choose it.

I do like the always a hero advance. A good opportunity to pick up an edge or power that I just couldn't quite squeeze in during character creation or something that I didn't even realize I needed/wanted until it was too late. Of course RFT's respec idea helps in that regard too. The always a hero option might even be better if there was that one thing you wanted to add.
Radecliffe

Skills

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I reserve the right to grumble imeffectively about the Always a Hero option.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Radecliffe wrote:Legion pay? What is this you speak of? ;)

Not really interested in taking on more hindrances for a roll on a table where I might not get anything I actually wanted. Given the risk of getting a sub-otpimal result adding a hindrance to that doesn't seem attractive to me. Of course, I have no problem with it being an available reward for those that would choose it.

I do like the always a hero advance. A good opportunity to pick up an edge or power that I just couldn't quite squeeze in during character creation or something that I didn't even realize I needed/wanted until it was too late. Of course RFT's respec idea helps in that regard too. The always a hero option might even be better if there was that one thing you wanted to add.
There are already EP menu items for bumping the table, as well as for Always A Hero after character creation; these just offer something for Patrons that don't overwhelm and bypass what non-patrons can have (which INCLUDES Always a Hero options)
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I am still oppressed too extra rolls on the tables.

But I like -
Respec option
Extra character slot
Second Signature Item
Another Coupon

Other things that can be had by players who are not patrons
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Egil Skallgrim wrote:What about a custom Wild Card Edge? Cool effect that won’t come into play that often but be iconic to the character. Needs to be GM approved and I. Line with existing Wild Card Edges.
Best suggestion out of the bunch by far!

Here is a stab:
Tomorrows Legion: No matter where you are or what foe you are facing take comfort by the fact that the tomorrow legion exists not only within your comrades but in unexpected places. A new tomorrow is coming and you are at the forefront leading that charge. When the opportune moment arises the spirit of a greater tomorrow ensures that the amazing is going to occur. Maybe it is the timely arrival of a glitterboy, or a helping hand of an Apok. It could very well be a true atlantean is slumming nearby and feels like she should pitch in unexpectedly during the fight. Maybe even a greedy dragon spares a moment from counting his horde to give you some words of wisdom. Or it could just be that in the crucible of combat you realize how much that glimmer of a better tomorrow means to you. When delt a joker add your wild die to your trait rolls in addition to any other joker benefits. In addition any raise damage is treated as a d10 instead of the normal d6. This edge was decreed by Lord Coake and Dahara Hammerheart to be bestowed on all legionaries and their associates for their unwavering patronage and dedication to making the dream of tomorrow a reality. This edge also stacks with other wild card edges.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Yes, exactly something like this. I like it. Having it stack with other wild card edges is a must, I think.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Egil Skallgrim wrote:What about a custom Wild Card Edge? Cool effect that won’t come into play that often but be iconic to the character. Needs to be GM approved and I. Line with existing Wild Card Edges.
Best suggestion out of the bunch by far!

Here is a stab:
Tomorrows Legion: No matter where you are or what foe you are facing take comfort by the fact that the tomorrow legion exists not only within your comrades but in unexpected places. A new tomorrow is coming and you are at the forefront leading that charge. When the opportune moment arises the spirit of a greater tomorrow ensures that the amazing is going to occur. Maybe it is the timely arrival of a glitterboy, or a helping hand of an Apok. It could very well be a true atlantean is slumming nearby and feels like she should pitch in unexpectedly during the fight. Maybe even a greedy dragon spares a moment from counting his horde to give you some words of wisdom. Or it could just be that in the crucible of combat you realize how much that glimmer of a better tomorrow means to you. When delt a joker add your wild die to your trait rolls in addition to any other joker benefits. In addition any raise damage is treated as a d10 instead of the normal d6. This edge was decreed by Lord Coake and Dahara Hammerheart to be bestowed on all legionaries and their associates for their unwavering patronage and dedication to making the dream of tomorrow a reality. This edge also stacks with other wild card edges.
Brilliant. I like this.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

A player with this reward may trade one normal advance (for one character) for a roll on the non-gear hero's Journey table of their choice. In addition, the player must write an interlude and work with their GM to include a new minor Hindrance that fits with that interlude and Hero's Journey Result. (5 EP Value)

Milestone Reward: Wildcard Advance
A player with this reward may trade one normal advance (for one character) for a Wildcard Edge of their choice, ignoring rank requirements. (10 EP Value)

Milestone Reward: Trusted Friend of the Legion
You gain a +2 to Charisma when dealing with the Tomorrow Legion's official apparatus, and gain an extra 10% in base Legion pay. This does not apply to bonuses paid by the Legion. (5 EP Value)

Milestone Reward: Trusted Friend of the Legion (Alternate)
You gain the Friend of the Legion Edge (5 EP Value)
  • Trusted Friend of the Legion (note, this would be added to the House Rules if this version is used)
    Requirements: Veteran, Connections (Tomorrow Legion), Charisma +1
    You gain a +2 to Charisma when dealing with the Tomorrow Legion's official apparatus, and gain an extra 10% in base Legion pay. This does not apply to bonuses paid by the Legion. This edge may be taken twice. The second time it adds an additional +1 to effective Charisma and increases the base pay increase to 15%.
Milestone Reward: Always A Hero
You may ignore Rank requirements for any edge you qualify for for one advance for one character. (5-10 EP Value, call it 5 EP)

For the record, I will oppose respec as an option every time. That doesn't mean I can't be overruled, it just means I don't like it as an option unless it is first available to everyone. And even then, I'm still not fond of it. This seems like the sort of thing a GM and a player can just talk over.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Tomorrows Legion: No matter where you are or what foe you are facing take comfort by the fact that the tomorrow legion exists not only within your comrades but in unexpected places. A new tomorrow is coming and you are at the forefront leading that charge. When the opportune moment arises the spirit of a greater tomorrow ensures that the amazing is going to occur. Maybe it is the timely arrival of a glitterboy, or a helping hand of an Apok. It could very well be a true atlantean is slumming nearby and feels like she should pitch in unexpectedly during the fight. Maybe even a greedy dragon spares a moment from counting his horde to give you some words of wisdom. Or it could just be that in the crucible of combat you realize how much that glimmer of a better tomorrow means to you. When delt a joker add your wild die to your trait rolls in addition to any other joker benefits. In addition any raise damage is treated as a d10 instead of the normal d6. This edge was decreed by Lord Coake and Dahara Hammerheart to be bestowed on all legionaries and their associates for their unwavering patronage and dedication to making the dream of tomorrow a reality. This edge also stacks with other wild card edges.
I'd just as soon see this cleaned up into a normally available edge.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Radecliffe wrote:Legion pay? What is this you speak of? ;)

What if you got two rolls on the table and kept whichever you liked best? This wouldn’t be the same as the two-for-one trade rule (you wouldn’t trade both rolls for a single result of your choice), but it would keep the randomness for those who find that fun while also mitigating the risk of a roll result that doesn’t fit your character build.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As to rolls on the HJ table it is time again for my diatribe of hate...

It is a simple dichotomy that can be answered with a yes or no question:
Are all the results on Heroes Journey Equal?

• Yes
    - If Yes, then what rational reason is there to force someone to roll other than to force your play preference on others?

No
    - If No, then acknowledge that random rolls create inherently superior combinations for some characters and inherently inefficient builds for others. This is then a flaw in the system.

IMHO they are not equal and I will vote against it Everytime.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

RFT wrote:As to rolls on the HJ table it is time again for my diatribe of hate...

• Yes
    - If Yes, then what rational reason is there to force someone to roll other than to force your play preference on others?

No
    - If No, then acknowledge that random rolls create inherently superior combinations for some characters and inherently inefficient builds for others. This is then a flaw in the system.

I get where you’re coming from. I do. The HJ rolls don’t seem equal to me, either, but I don’t think it follows that the inequality is inherently a flaw. I enjoy a little randomness in character creation; it makes things a little more exciting for me, and I’ve definitely had instances where a HJ result I never would have chosen has added a fun element to the characters I play.

Hardin is an excellent example; I never would have chosen a Wild Card Edge for him (they just don’t come up in play that often). But in his first combat, he pulled a joker and one-shotted a big-bad (sorry about that, RFT; it looked like you put some real work into that guy), which is one of the most exciting things I’ve done as a player in SR. That would not have happened without a random result on the HJ.

I do like the idea of some way to mitigate risk. I’ve talked over some rolls with GMs who have let me re-roll results that just didn’t work (Hardin again: he ended up with 3 different vehicles after all his HJ and F&G Table rolls, which is excessive, and RFT let me re-roll those), which I think is the best way to go. Having two rolls and picking your favorite of the two is, I think, a pretty good mechanic for that, too. Otherwise, just working things out with the GM on a case-by-case basis has been a good way to go for me. Everyone wants to have fun, here, and the tables are supposed to help with that.

TLDR: The HJ tables aren’t all equal and the randomness is not always fair, but I find them fun anyway.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

I have nothing against HJ rolls being an option unless it is the only option because I have absolutely no interest in using them outside character creation.

Right now my favorite option is the free Always A Hero advance. I like the respec idea too though it may be to expensive an option for the milestone. Though if the cost becomes per change and it is made part of the EP menu then one free change would become a reasonable option for me.

In the end if there is no consensus I'm cool with another coupon too.
Radecliffe

Skills

High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

RFT wrote:As to rolls on the HJ table it is time again for my diatribe of hate...

• Yes
    No
I am A-okay with you having that opinion, just as I think the idea of any sort of formalized respec outside the confines of GM-Player interaction is a supremely bad idea. But what you (and others) see as an inequality I (and others still) see as flavor. And as I mentioned, you have the ability through EP - which everyone can earn - to manipulate up or down the result you get. This turns an Aquatic Mode upgrade into a Ranged Data Finder or Bionic Strength Augmentation. Or it turns +2 Common Knowledge and +2 Survival and Streetwise into +2 Charisma and Knowledge (Politics) at a d8. Or alternately, a d8 in Knowledge (Electronics) and a +1 to repair electronics. Enough EP can turn it Into the Linguist Edge or Knowledge (Battle) d8 and the Command Edge. Yes, that is additional EP to ensure you get the best use out of a benefit, but it's not unreasonable. It's 5-10 EP to do so, so personally I'd make the best of it, but that also depends on just how important that is. Further, it can be traded in for more EP. So no one loses.

And to be honest, as a GM, if one of my Fighting Joes took this and their result simply did not work, we would simply rework it or reroll it until it did! The GM has the power to make final determination here as I see it, and should work with the player to ensure they have fun with the process. "Man that roll of 9 on Education got you a benefit you already have. You were flip-flopping between it and Experience and Wisdom, how about you take the 9 on Experience and Wisdom instead - that gives you Quick or Level Headed. But I expect that interlude to be at least four paragraphs. And the hindrance needs to more than a quirk." Hence, me harping on how much NEEDS to be left to the GM and Player to work out.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Hardin wrote:...I don’t think it follows that the inequality is inherently a flaw. I enjoy a little randomness in character creation; it makes things a little more exciting for me...
High Command wrote: But what you (and others) see as an inequality I (and others still) see as flavor.
Both of these are acknowledging it is a play preference thing and fit solidly in the enforcing your preferred play style on others. The assumption should have been to select what makes sense for your character, or if you like the spice of randomness, then roll. But by reversing the assumption and putting a punitive 50% tax on the idea Sean/Ross/Clint introduce a terrible thing into Savage Worlds called a Concept Tax where you are punished or taxed for having a concept with no room for randomness the past. In the end it is absurd, because it is a blatant acknowledgement that players who think their who backstory up without random elements should not have characters as efficient as players who enjoy random elements in their character and get lucky. It is a design idea that should not have been introduced into Savage Worlds from the get go.

As to the idea of spending EP to rock the table. That only works for players who have large banks of EP. It is expensive and cannot be done on a first or second character. And again forces people who have a different play style to pay a punitive fee for not enjoying "old school". In the same way Sean's 2 for 1 rule does.

To then take that flawed design idea and as our 75 Patreon Reward Milestone place it again on those of us that do not like randomness in character design is essentially making the 75 milestone worthless to us.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

RFT wrote:To then take that flawed design idea and as our 75 Patreon Reward Milestone place it again on those of us that do not like randomness in character design is essentially making the 75 milestone worthless to us.
Given the above posts, I was working under the assumption that a table roll would be an option the player could choose as their 75 Patron reward (sort of like at 50 you could choose a Signature Item or a Sidekick-type reward). I would support there being at least a couple of things for patrons to choose from, so nobody gets backed into a “reward” they don’t want.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

My intention is to provide options for VV and Augur to choose from based on feedback. My assumption is that multiple options will be available. Coupon exists, no need to recreate it here. Same for an account.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Multiple options would be great. Then those who like could have the HJ roll and those who don't could have another option.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

75 is no joke. If a wild card edge is not an option, what about a suit of glitterboy armor? Some kind of special patron only GB?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Why not make the Patron Milestone rewards cumulative, like the Patron Levels are? So the list for 75 will include the 50 milestone reward, the 60 reward, and a new 75 reward(s) to choose from. Jude would benefit from another HJ roll. His F&G rolls made him very different (way smarter!) from what I imagined, but I can't really think of a signature item he needs. And another free character account is always cool. Same with the coupons.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:75 is no joke. If a wild card edge is not an option, what about a suit of glitterboy armor? Some kind of special patron only GB?
I believe there is significant resistance to 'Patron Only' things of that nature. It's got to be something that can be obtained with a reasonable EP investment.

I do like Matthew's suggestion--making it possible with each successive Patron Milestone to buy either the new Milestone reward, or one of the prior level rewards. This makes 'dud' options (such as HJ rolls for players who dislike randomness) less of a concern.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

If Patrons are helping to pay for the site why not give them something others cannot have? I just don't understand why the resistance. They litterally pay so we can have fun, they deserve a nice perk that cannot be obtained from not paying.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:If Patrons are helping to pay for the site why not give them something others cannot have? I just don't understand why the resistance. They litterally pay so we can have fun, they deserve a nice perk that cannot be obtained from not paying.
Patron only items can leave some feeling that this is a pay to win kind of site. I don't really understand the concept of winning in a rpg setting (at least vs other players) but I can understand that some may feel that way. By making Patron rewards something that anyone can buy with EP but making the Patron version either cheaper or for free allows Patrons to be rewarded for their support without creating an us vs. them mentality. For the long term health of the site I really think this is the best policy.
Radecliffe

Skills

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Freemage wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:75 is no joke. If a wild card edge is not an option, what about a suit of glitterboy armor? Some kind of special patron only GB?
I believe there is significant resistance to 'Patron Only' things of that nature. It's got to be something that can be obtained with a reasonable EP investment.

I do like Matthew's suggestion--making it possible with each successive Patron Milestone to buy either the new Milestone reward, or one of the prior level rewards. This makes 'dud' options (such as HJ rolls for players who dislike randomness) less of a concern.
I was under the impression that all new patrons immediately get the benefit of previous milestones, and all current patrons gain the benefit of the new milestone. Is that not the case?
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Maximilian wrote:
Freemage wrote:

I was under the impression that all new patrons immediately get the benefit of previous milestones, and all current patrons gain the benefit of the new milestone. Is that not the case?
I think he means you could take a previous reward again. Take a second character unlock, for example or another Patron/Signature item.
Radecliffe

Skills

Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Freemage wrote:

The only thing here I would be resistant to would be the extra character slot not counting against the total. I thought that was a cool perk for the 50 milestone, but it should probably start counting toward character slots if you cash in more than one.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Unlock: 1EP to 1XP transfer. Ie spend your EP on XP. Lol. Maybe not.

Maybe just change a boring yellow name to a cool color.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

If there was some way to change a post's originator to another of your characters, that would make a great option for the reward.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Hardin wrote:
Freemage wrote:

The only thing here I would be resistant to would be the extra character slot not counting against the total. I thought that was a cool perk for the 50 milestone, but it should probably start counting toward character slots if you cash in more than one.
That seems unnecessary and against the spirit of the intent of the Patron rewards in my opinion. It also would make it possible to just skip the python lump that is the fourth slot and I don't think that is the intent either. That would make one of those free slots potentially worth 20 EP.
Radecliffe

Skills

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Hans Greuber wrote:If there was some way to change a post's originator to another of your characters, that would make a great option for the reward.
Your GM can do this is he see you scene post as another character.

VV tried working with that, but it was not used friendly.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Or, just say'n, become a GM Hans and have Powers!

Like best part is there is no Power Point cap and its endless spellcasting and rainbows when you are a GM.

Edit: Savage Rifts Lottery ... Each Person gets a ticket - Patron members get 2 tickets. Some one wins EP each Quarter. Say 100 EP!! or 20.... dunno.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Return to “Out of Character Topics”