ARES Protocol: A Savage Supers Playtest

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

ARES Protocol: A Savage Supers Playtest

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Any interest in a super-type game?

I was thinking everyone could be ARES type heroes...but could be convinced to use straight up SPC. I mainly need inspiration in building the details of the world, and playing through it would help.

VV

The A.R.E.S. Project: The Dawn of Heroes
When proof of alien life came to humanity it came with speed and violence. A surprise invasion an alien race nearly wiped out the earth. The world government managed a meager challenge but could barely slow the onslaught. In a move to combat the menace the world government scoured the earth, and the universe, for fighters who could give them an advantage. Thus began the A.R.E.S. Project, teams of human scientists and explorers tracked down experimental mutants, heroic aliens, creatures of myth, and those with unusual and extraordinary abilities to fight for humanity’s survival.

These super beings, with their unorthodox methods and unusual powers, proved to be the most effective force against an alien foe prepared for a conventional war. The heroes of the A.R.E.S. Project stopped the advance, forcing a stalemate with the invaders and eventually leading to their withdrawal. The earth was saved.

The A.R.E.S. Protocol: From Heroes to Zeros
If the human race was shocked by the presence of aliens, the existence of people and beings thought to be the stuff of myth was more than they could handle. As the trauma of unprovoked alien assault haunted their minds, the world governments began to suspect the A.R.E.S. heroes. Their strange abilities, popularity among the people, and unchecked powered made them a threat in the minds of many world leaders. Thus, silently and without warning, the A.R.E.S. protocol was enacted. In one swoop, using remnant alien technology and secret files detailing every member's weaknesses, the world government conducted a ruthless purge.

Hunted Heroes
Some heroes managed to escape. To keep them in check the world government formed a new agency - the Aegis Authority - dedicated to tracking down and eliminating A.R.E.S. project survivors. Using old files, alien tech, and world wide intelligence and surveillance networks, the agency diligently works to rid the world of the remaining project members.

Heroes in Hiding
While some members have formed a resistance of sort, most members have taken to hiding. Trying to blend into the populace or eke out a secluded existence. Unfortunately, these brave souls cannot stop being heroes, and often end up using their powers to save others. And when they do the authority always comes.

Kind of going for a general environment of Avengers after "the incident" where heroes saved the day but caused a lot of collateral damage, or an older feel might be the returning Vietnam vet who fought and experienced a lot only to return home to an unsupportive populace. Plus a little Matrix-esque stuff thrown in.

I may need to changes some names/terms as Titan Effect already uses ARES (even though I obviously built the name as a nod to our framework before Titian Effect was a thing)
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: ARES Protocol: A Savage Supers Playtest

Post by Carlos »

I would be very interested in Necessary Evil, and am generally interested in Supers games.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Supers are one of my all time favorite settings right after Nightbane.

I would absolutely love a Supers game.

As ARES it would be meh. We have tons of those already, but as honest to goodness Supers, such as a super speed our teleportor that would be awesome.

PS: I would have to narrow down my pitch to only one character, but I would love to make "Walker" a character with the ability to slide into and out of the astral plane.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

The setting is written around the IF silly. But he opened up both. I so want to play in this, but don't think I can.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

High Command wrote:The setting is written around the IF silly. But he opened up both. I so want to play in this, but don't think I can.
Well it definitely gets its name and inspiration from the IF but I think testing it with the SPC is fine.

I was listening to the creator of Titan Effect on the wild die podcast and he said they cooked up a way to do their setting with only the core rules (kind of like ARES does) but PEG strongly encouraged them to use the SPC instead.

So, if the setting become anything beyond a homebrew setting then it will need the SPC.

VV
Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

How certain are you, that you will be running this game?

If it is definitely something you are going to do. I will unlock a character and work up a draft for you.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Using SFC? Hell yeah! Using ARES character creation? As Rob says, meh.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Another vote for an SPC game. Though you'd be making me choose between shooting for this or Deadlands, I think.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Freemage wrote:Another vote for an SPC game. Though you'd be making me choose between shooting for this or Deadlands, I think.
Easy choice. Supers are the Coolest, I mean come on teleport at will and walking through walls. What more could you want?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

There seems to be some love for the SPC.

What about power level? I would narrow it down to these three:
Pulp Heroes
Street Fighters
Four Color

I guess there's also the option of Rising Stars, starting at Pulp and going toward Four Color. But given the adventure paradigm of war vets I don't see that as likely.

VV
Signature
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

I don't have a strong preference on power level myself.
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Four Color is the golden spot IMHO.
Higher than that and things lose focus.
Slightly below can be okay, pulp does not really feel super so much as exotic.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

If you are talking War Heroes there is a setting called "Godlike". Not sure if they have a savage version, but it is all about people with minor super powers fighting in WW2.
Last edited by Carlos on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I'd say Four Color or Street Fighters. One means of deciding should be how tough the aliens are (or were, during the invasion). The stronger they were, the stronger the A.R.E.S. initiative would've needed to be, as well. (Depending on how numerous the invaders were, the heroes would've needed to be equally powered, or as-strong-as.)

As a side-note, have you ever read Strikeforce: Morituri? It was a series about a similar 'let's deal with the alien invasion by creating superheroes' theme, but it had the extra twist of the characters' powers eventually spiraling out of control and killing them. Towards the end of the series, they started a fairly convoluted plot about a possible cure to stabalize the heroes--and the Powers That Be interfering with the heroes' efforts to acquire the cure. If some of the heroes did get the cure, the entire series could be the prequel to this set-up.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

If you are assuming survivors of an Alien Attack that were able to fight the attack, but have also been able to survive a Government Purge, I think that the Heavy Hitters were likely to be the first targets of the Purge, the ones who lasted past the first strike are probably those with lower raw power and/or an innate distrust of the government, however the very low powered would probably not survive the war. Street or Four Color seems to be a likely power level.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

How's this?

Game Info
The ARES Protocol is a super heroes game set in a post-planetary war setting. Earth has barely survived an alien invasion, thanks in large part to the ARES project - an initiative to recruit super powered heroes to fight the threat. Unfortunately, in the aftermath of war the world government has grown suspicious and paranoid of the great power of the ARES Project members and have enacted the ARES Protocol, a directive to hunt and eliminate all powered beings. To enact this protocol, the Aegis Authority has been founded. Using government resources and recovered alien technology the authority searches the earth looking for former war heroes who now find themselves enemies of the state.

Character Creation will use the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion at the Four Colour power level including the Super Karma option.

The following standard setting rules will apply: Blood & Guts, Born a Hero, Fanatics, Heroes Never Die, and Joker’s Wild as well as special comic book combat rules from the Super Powers Companion.

Additionally, two unique Setting Rules will be play tested.

Agent! Rolling a 1 on the wild die when using a super power means your hero has been recognized as a super and reported to the Aegis Authority. A team of armed agents is now on the way! GMs can evolve this over time to a specific agent or task force assigned to take out the group of heroes.

Collateral Damage. In a world still bearing the fresh scars of a ruthless invasion, destruction, mayhem, and chaos are as unwelcome as ever. Unfortunately, super battles often mean lots of collateral damage. Critical failure (rolling a 1 on both the trait die and wild die) during battles results in unintended, sometimes tragic, results. These cannot be rerolled using bennys. GMs draw a card to determine the type of collateral damage.
  • Looming Threat (Spades). The hero’s actions have caused a chain reaction of events that will threaten the entire area if not stopped within three rounds (a power plant goes critical, a dam breaks, the fireworks factory is on fire, etc.).
  • Tragedy Strikes (Hearts). An innocent bystander has been incapacitated. It may be possible to save her by acting on the next round only.
  • Big Bang (Diamonds). Something blows up (fuel truck, ammo depot, gas line, etc.), causing 6d6 heavy damage in a large burst template centered on the hero’s target.
  • Traffic Jam (Clubs). Items or debris enter the battlefield (cars pile up, building falls over, the street melts into liquid asphalt, etc.) turning the entire area of play into difficult terrain
  • Double Whammy (Joker). Draw two cards!
Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sounds awesome.

I assumed double whammy can also double?
So that would be three threats
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

RFT wrote:Sounds awesome.

I assumed double whammy can also double?
So that would be three threats
Yep. And, of course, it's also a one on your wild die so agents (or more agents) are coming.

VV
Signature
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

That does sound pretty cool.
Radecliffe

Skills

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I LIKE IT!
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Started working on a rough draft HERE. When you have your mind made up let me know what rules we will use for starting gear? As we using SPC, Sci-Fi companion, or SWD type thing.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Looks like I need to read the Super Powers Companion, then figure out what applies to a character who is a "Power Armor Goon". Might take me a couple of days (or even a couple of weeks, depending on schedule).

Addendum: I will probably use my alternate Email to create this character, as a Diamond Patron, I think I can claim a free character...
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

What do you guys think about removing "Heroes Never Die" ?

Just to add some grit?

VV
Signature
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Sounds good.

Note to self take regen lvl 5. :lol:
Radecliffe

Skills

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Okay,

So it's all set-up in Savage Dimensions as The Ares Protocol

If you want to play, create a character as usual using the Recruitment Forum

Keep in mind this is a "build the ship at sea" project. By adventuring in this reality we are actually fleshing out a setting I plan on putting out there via Savage Worlds Fan License. Player contributions will be acknowledged.

Join our Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/group/1ZZ6GzII4ejYVjiR2

VV
Signature
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

So I'm wondering about the feasability of a distinctive appsarance character. I'm wondering if someone that is size 2 or 3 could move around in public without getting arrested.
Radecliffe

Skills

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Size 1 is probably about the limit, at least as a default. Of course, with SPC, you can always just take Growth, and Hulk Out when you need to.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Freemage wrote:Size 1 is probably about the limit, at least as a default. Of course, with SPC, you can always just take Growth, and Hulk Out when you need to.
Well, Growth with the Monster (Always On) limitation is what I was thinking of. I suppose I could stick with lvl 1.
Radecliffe

Skills

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Darn. I want to play! But I only have 2 EP! Also want to play Deadlands :( I would need 20 EP to play (10 with coupon).

Ah, well. Good luck! If a spot opens up next quarter, I'll check in again, I guess.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

So far we have two or three people, I need at least 4.

Radecliffe, Carlos, and RFT...can you do some recruiting? I posted on the Savage Worlds G+ page...but maybe you know some other places?

VV
Signature
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Per the discussion in one of the other threads, I'm going to throw down and declare--as soon as I've got enough EP, I'm paying for a slot in this game. I'll make the notation in the EP Ledger, showing me going into the red to pay for it.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Updated setting rules, you can start with 5xp (one advance).

VV
Signature
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Sounds awesome and fun! I wish the game good luck and long life!
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

Return to “Out of Character Topics”