Fortune & Glory/Hero's Journey, TW options and YOU!

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Fortune & Glory/Hero's Journey, TW options and YOU!

Post by Heracles »

FYI, per Clint:

Link to the forum post:
https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-r ... -s-journey

This was asked in the old forums (by Radecliff) but I didn't see an answer and I have a follow-up to it.

"On a result of one on the F&G table the player is allowed to select any melee or ranged weapon personal weapon. Is this to include any TW weapon? I ask because the similar result on the Hero's Journey Melee Weapons table exclude TW weapons and there are some really powerful melee weapons such as the Battle Fury Blade which seems a bit overkill for a beginning character."
Clint says: Fortune & Glory allows some options Hero's Journey doesn't. The character could take a TW weapon, but of course, walking around with a Battle Fury Blade makes that beginning character a target of some very powerful people (as well as a lot of desperate ones too).

Follow-up: For The Hero's Journey Body Armor table (result 1) and the Ranged Weapons table (result), can that include TW items?
Clint says: Yep.

And I suppose the Merc Soldier and Power Armor Soldier M.A.R.S. frameworks also get a choice of weapon(s) as well. Could those be TW items?
Clint says: Yep.

Keep in mind, the "M.A.R.S. hero can have all kinds of useful gear," so it's part of their build, but what isn't part is choosing an expensive piece of gear then trying to sell it in game for its value to buy other stuff. The choices of the M.A.R.S. hero are about gear that's as integral to their character as their innate abilities. The GM can always veto any choice made for purely "munchkin" reasons as something that "doesn’t make sense for a character" since such a choice is in no way about the character.

Hope that helps.[/end Clint]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

Return to “Out of Character Topics”