Enchanted Item / Super Tech Hosing Thread

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Enchanted Item Creation Rules (Non-TW)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The powers part is a bit unclear. Can you please clarify:

Is it 5 ppe per power that automatically gets imbued? Like if I take 3 powers Each power receives +5 ppe that can be used only on that power?

Or does it only receive 5 ppe no matter the number of powers?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:The powers part is a bit unclear. Can you please clarify:

Is it 5 ppe per power that automatically gets imbued? Like if I take 3 powers Each power receives +5 ppe that can be used only on that power?

It's the first. Note the use of "a" and "the" - - each Power added gets 5 PPE, which is restricted for use powering that Power.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Tribe of One wrote:

It's the first. Note the use of "a" and "the" - - each Power added gets 5 PPE, which is restricted for use powering that Power.
When it came up, I read this stupid thing three times and still did not see it. Now it is bolded and I do not know how I missed it.

Thanks, this will make Matthew happy I am sure.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tribe of One wrote:

As the guy who grudgingly put in there, I thought it should be 5 period, with more coming from the features. I intentionally didn't put it in there, as I feel you should be paying mod slots for it. But that's why they are community rules and not Patrick's rules. I still think a more conservative you get 5 PPE if you have powers should be used. That was always my intent in any case. Obviously the reality is not reflective of that. Adding a power is basically adding the new power edge and that does NOT come with 5 PP. But short of a ruling to the contrary from VV, how it reads now is how it's done. So 5 PP per power chosen.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

High Command wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:

As the guy who grudgingly put in there, I thought it should be 5 period, with more coming from the features. I intentionally didn't put it in there, as I feel you should be paying mod slots for it. But that's why they are community rules and not Patrick's rules. I still think a more conservative you get 5 PPE if you have powers should be used. That was always my intent in any case. Obviously the reality is not reflective of that. Adding a power is basically adding the new power edge and that does NOT come with 5 PP. But short of a ruling to the contrary from VV, how it reads now is how it's done. So 5 PP per power chosen.
so what each power can only access its own 5 PPE? Lets just leave it 5 PPE period and folks can use mods to increase the ppts. I am not on board with each power getting the new power edge. Thanks.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Well, the rules as written and approved are that each power comes with 5 PP to activate it, the idea being that a Major upgrade gets you the ability to use a power roughly once before needing to recharge. Take that away and subsequent Major Upgrades aren't worth as much, as they just give versatility without actual uses.

All of which just screws over non-ABs -- who are supposed to be the ones benefiting from these items! Jesus, how many times do we have to have the same conversation. A non-caster already has to give up two Major Upgrades to get an item they can use, compared to a caster with a TW item. Now you want them to have to burn additional Major Upgrades just to be able to use the powers they purchase?

That's capital H, capital O horseshit. It would also require a change to the rules already approved here, which means a vote.
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

I have chosen Enchanted (Non TW) items for 2 of 3 of my signature items for my characters, just because I think they match the flavor for the character or the type of item better than a TW item would. In fact, if both Major slots are used for Edges, an Enchanted Item is easily a more powerful choice than a TW item.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Okay, to run through the balancing factors, again:

TW Items:
Can be used by anyone with an AB, but not by anyone without one.
Require PPTs to activate, even for non-Power-based functions.
Have the largest number of Major Slots.

Enchanted Items:
Can be used by anyone at all.
Are more limited in activating Powers, since they have a limit of 5 PPE/power (and each Power uses a separate pool).
Are more effective in using non-Power-based functions (especially Edges, but also stat bonuses), since those are 'always on'.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Freemage wrote:Okay, to run through the balancing factors, again:

TW Items:
Can be used by anyone with an AB, but not by anyone without one.
Require PPTs to activate, even for non-Power-based functions.
Have the largest number of Major Slots.

Enchanted Items:
Can be used by anyone at all.
Are more limited in activating Powers, since they have a limit of 5 PPE/power (and each Power uses a separate pool).
Are more effective in using non-Power-based functions (especially Edges, but also stat bonuses), since those are 'always on'.
And Super-Tech just gets hosed, since it has as few slots as Enchanted, doesn't count as magic for dealing with immunities, suffers from Technical Difficulties and can't have Powers at all, currently.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Enchanted Item / Super Tech Hosing Thread

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Here.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Enchanted Item / Super Tech Hosing Thread

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Regarding the 5 PPE for powers in enchanted items, this comes from the Fantasy Companion and Shaintair. EDIT: Where a magic item usually only has one power or benefit, not 4-6.

Regarding super-tech getting "hosed" perhaps we just need to accept that Rifts does not have a technological parallel to powers. You want a device that emulates powers, get an AB. The end. We can rage about the unfairness, perceived slight, or glaring system flaw on the PEG forums if we want but to date we have been unable to find an acceptable compromise here and I do not want to go through the gauntlet of what is required to try and hash it out.

VV
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tribe of One wrote:Well, the rules as written and approved are that each power comes with 5 PP to activate it, the idea being that a Major upgrade gets you the ability to use a power roughly once before needing to recharge. Take that away and subsequent Major Upgrades aren't worth as much, as they just give versatility without actual uses.

All of which just screws over non-ABs -- who are supposed to be the ones benefiting from these items! Jesus, how many times do we have to have the same conversation. A non-caster already has to give up two Major Upgrades to get an item they can use, compared to a caster with a TW item. Now you want them to have to burn additional Major Upgrades just to be able to use the powers they purchase?

That's capital H, capital O horseshit. It would also require a change to the rules already approved here, which means a vote.
Actually that clarification was edited in by someone( very recently), to me the original language up to a couple days ago seemed to be 5ppe if you add a power to the item. Which is why I was asking for clarification. If the clarification is going to be every power added to the item gives each power its own 5 ppe pool, how does major mods and minor mods affect each individual power pool of 5 ppe. If its going to be 5 ppe per power but only usable for that power, that seems like some extra book keeping.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Regarding the 5 PPE for powers in enchanted items, this comes from the Fantasy Companion and Shaintair.

Regarding super-tech getting "hosed" perhaps we just need to accept that Rifts does not have a technological parallel to powers. You want a device that emulates powers, get an AB. The end. We can rage about the unfairness, perceived slight, or glaring system flaw on the PEG forums if we want but to date we have been unable to find an acceptable compromise here and I do not want to go through the gauntlet of what is required to try and hash it out.

VV
Yeah I would always make a character with an AB or some kind of ppt pool like the dragon. TW items are just too cool to pass up. Which is fine by me and I really don't see a reason to add house rules to even some kind of playing field. IF you go without an ab, you go in knowing you will not be able to access TW items.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

TW items shouldn't be the end all and be all of cool, powerful toys. They certainly aren't in PR, where the best and coolest gear is almost always tech or enchanted/holy/rune weapons. The AB superiority and TW dominance in SR is a system flaw and poor design that doesnt reflect the source material. It absolutely should be corrected.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote:TW items shouldn't be the end all and be all of cool, powerful toys. They certainly aren't in PR, where the best and coolest gear is almost always tech or enchanted/holy/rune weapons. The AB superiority and TW dominance in SR is a system flaw and poor design that doesnt reflect the source material. It absolutely should be corrected.
I agree. However:
Me wrote:...to date we have been unable to find an acceptable compromise here and I do not want to go through the gauntlet of what is required to try and hash it out.
VV
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:TW items shouldn't be the end all and be all of cool, powerful toys. They certainly aren't in PR, where the best and coolest gear is almost always tech or enchanted/holy/rune weapons. The AB superiority and TW dominance in SR is a system flaw and poor design that doesnt reflect the source material. It absolutely should be corrected.
I agree. However:
Me wrote:...to date we have been unable to find an acceptable compromise here and I do not want to go through the gauntlet of what is required to try and hash it out.
VV
I don't think Tech is actually that complicated, but I'm fine with leaving it alone. But we shouldn't be throwing gas on the fire by retroactively making Enchanted Items suck, too.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

No one is suggesting that we make anything suck. I am just trying to figure out how it was supposed tomwork with the free power points. The language now and a few days ago has changed so I am just confused on what it is suppose to be.
Seems there are a few options:

1) 5ppe period no matter how many powers, use mods to increase the ppt pool

2) 5 ppe per power only usable by that power.
  • this does not seem to create some kind of pool, so you would have to track ppts seperately per power.
    How do the minor and major mods effect this option
3) each power adds to and creates a pool of ppts at the rate of 5 ppe per power usable only by these powers. Further mods can be used to

I like option 1 and 3, if it is suppose to be option 2, I would go with option 3 as keeping track of idividual power pools sounds tedious and not fun.

VV can you tell me which one it is supposed to be?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Pender:

I feel like #1 is most reasonable.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Let's just use #1 but up it to 10 PPE to start.

Simple, fast, effective.

VV
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Let's just use #1 but up it to 10 PPE to start.

Simple, fast, effective.

VV
Got it thank you. When you get a chance can you please make the wording in the enchanted item thread reflect this.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I'm fine with #1 if the base pool is increased to 10 PPE. No one's likely to fit more than two powers on an Enchanted item anyway.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

It was three up until people mess with it and rewrote things. This has a significant effect on people who already bought signature items. Because the rules changed does that mean the previously purchased items get messed with?
I personally think 3 is fine and reasonable I could even go with two. But I don't think one is fair or balanced.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

RFT wrote:It was three up until people mess with it and rewrote things. This has a significant effect on people who already bought signature items. Because the rules changed does that mean the previously purchased items get messed with?
I personally think 3 is fine and reasonable I could even go with two. But I don't think one is fair or balanced.
Well I don't think it was ever 3. I don't have the origional wording, but it was something like adding a power to the item gives it 5 ppe to activate the power. Which to me does not nessesarily mean more powers give more ppe. To me was a power gives 5 ppe, other powers give nothing other than the use of the power. The shintair document VV is working off of certainly makes it seem when adding powers you randomly roll for a ppt pool from which the powers can activate.

Also i just looked at the sig items and approved items. I really did not see hardly any enchanted items with more than 1 power, so I think worst case, people will have the option have 5 more ppts in their item.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I found five Enchanted items in the approved list. All of them had only one power. So I think you're right Pender it won't make a difference
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Signature Enchanted Items only have two major mods, anyway, so it's not going to hurt anyone switching to #1if the base pool is increased to 10.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok,cool. Well thanks for comimg with me on this journey. Mostly it was sparked by the legendary items the vampire hunters are receiving, so I think I got all my questions answered. Thanks again.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

I have to admit I always thought it was #3. Ashlyn's shield has 2 powers. I would have to look, but Jude's armor might have 2, as well.
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Bennies: 2/3
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Even at two powers it will not matter.

The new flat 10 PPE would be break even and a boon to others.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

RFT wrote:Even at two powers it will not matter.

Except for the change in recharge rate for the "free" PPE. I believe it was originally 1 per 30 minutes. It doesn't feel the same either. That's just me being pedantic though. Well enchanted items with edges are still da bomb. :D
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Radecliffe wrote:
RFT wrote:Even at two powers it will not matter.

Except for the change in recharge rate for the "free" PPE. I believe it was originally 1 per 30 minutes. It doesn't feel the same either. That's just me being pedantic though. Well enchanted items with edges are still da bomb. :D
The recharge of 1/hour was standard. The 1/30 minutes was at a ley line.

You can reference Echo's signature item as if came up there when talking about powers and I pointed out she should be able to use Conceal Arcana as long as she is conscious because it drains at the same rate as it recharges.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Yeah I misread that. I saw the part where it said "from major upgrades" and ignored the rest. Still it kind of ruins the one shot per battle I was going for with Sparky's sword so I will come up with some thing else.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Return to “Out of Character Topics”