The Voice of Hope

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

The Voice of Hope

Post by High Command »

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... episode-1/

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... episode-2/

http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/e ... episode-3/

Very interesting stuff. More as it comes out. A really cool fluff tool.

Here is the mission Profile given out number station style in the intro. Basically he gives out a random mission every podcast. It's kinda cool: https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... n-profile/
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: The Voice of Hope

Post by Jude Maverick »

We should run some of those missions LOL
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

New Voice of Hope Episode up
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Doublepost
Last edited by Beacon on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Episode 4 of the Voice of Hope podcast is now available. This episode focuses on cloud castles, support from one of the castle's more iterating residence and a warning about the Splugorth.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... episode-4/
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Beacon wrote:Episode 4 of the Voice of Hope podcast is now available. This episode focuses on cloud castles, support from one of the castle's more iterating residence and a warning about the Splugorth.

Cool. Just curious if these podcasts will ever be put up on itunes?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Welcome Beacon! Love the podcast!
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As I have said in Google+ and Savagerifts Facebook, a great podcast.

Thank you for making it and I really enjoy it.

PS: This is Rob Towell
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

I appreciate it guys. I have tried to put the podcast on itunes. Unfortunately, my logo is not the apple "approved" colors so they won't allow it to got forward from what I can see.

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Savage Rifts Voice of Hope podcast is now available on iTunes. I would like to thank High Command with getting the Podcast Logo into iTunes standards. Here is the iTunes link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 1271242219
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

sweet! Hey btw the 200x200 PNG I gave you would be awesome as an avatar for yourself. :P I kinda did that intentionally. :D

Now I can download these to my phone!
Tales of the 17th SOG
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hey everyone, Episode 7 of the Voice of Hope podcast is up. I hope you enjoy it.

http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/e ... episode-7/
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Great News! Also, I updated your avatar with one from the artwork I sent you.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hey thanks for the update. I have gotten a chance to update it.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Beacon wrote:Hey thanks for the update. I have gotten a chance to update it.
I like that you now have additional contributors. It really adds to the feeling of it being a living broadcast.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Thanks,

I like how it has naturally evolved. How did you like episode 7?

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Sorry for some reason I was not able to log in for a while.

Episode 8 is now available, Beacon has an interview with Councilor Isaiah Comstock.

http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/e ... episode-8/
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Beacon wrote:Sorry for some reason I was not able to log in for a while.

Episode 8 is now available, Beacon has an interview with Councilor Isaiah Comstock.

Completely not your fault. The old site had a sort of system failure (pun intended for palladium fans) and it is all back up and running again now.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

are the blue D-Bees mentioned in Episode 2 of the podcast the same blue D-Bees that the 4th COT ran into on their way to the town they are traveling to? That's what I immediately thought when I heard the podcast.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Beacon wrote:Sorry for some reason I was not able to log in for a while.

Super Fun Beacon!! I am really digging the in character reports. Also, this was my favorite interview with SPF.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

I have to wade through the COT's forum posts, but the blue d-bees are the same ones introduced in the Welcome to the World Plot point adventure.

Pender thank you for the kind words. It was a really fun interview with Sean Patrick Fannon. Basically we were roleplaying the entire interview, he has not show notes what so ever other than the questions that I sent him ahead of time.

Well back to the sounding board. I need to get the next episode out.

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hello Everyone. Beacon is back with a new episode. This episode he is contacted by a few new friends.

http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/e ... episode-9/

And a shoutout to the 99th SET.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Awesome. I will listen today.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Beacon wrote:Hello Everyone. Beacon is back with a new episode. This episode he is contacted by a few new friends.

http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/e ... episode-9/

And a shoutout to the 99th SET.
Super fun!! Hopefully this is not the last we will hear from you!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

No not the last. I will probably slow down my releases for the holiday

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hey everyone. You might have seen on Facebook or G+ I need to take a hiatus from the podcast for a while. Life has been a little crazy, crowning itself with my wife breaking her foot at work. I will be back, hopefully before Christmas. It has just been a little nuts. Thanks for all the support.

Beacon
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Thanks for the update Beacon,

We all wish you well!

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Good luck. Hope things get back on track and settle down!
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

After much Rifts interference, the Voice of Hope is back.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... equenices/
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Beacon wrote:After much Rifts interference, the Voice of Hope is back.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... equenices/
Yes!!!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Welcome back!
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Episode 11 of the Voice of Hope Podcast is available. Beacon briefs the Tomorrow Legion of threats close to Castle Refuge and introduces a new segment, the Legionaire's Last Call. This episode is intended to be used as an adventure aide to the adventure No Zealot like a Convert by Sean Patrick Fannon from the Savage Foes of North America.

Enjoy

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... a-convert/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Another broadcast from the Castle Refuge Archive is available for the listeners. Dwayne provides some information on the goings on in and around Fort El Dorado in 100 PA.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... e-podcast/

This is podcast is tied to the living campaign run in California, you can find the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/715851765210549/
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Great, I will listen today.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

The Voice of Hope Podcast episode 12 is up, and Beacon is asked on the anniversary of Plato's release of the Edicts of Planetary Distress to speak of a growing extradimensional threat that is threatening freedom, and possibly hope for tomorrow.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... y-freedom/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Episode 13 of the Voice of Hope podcast is up. This Thelan and Calatin return to provide Beacon with new and increasingly dangerous threats.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... greetings/
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

More awesomeness.

Looking forward to listening it to it tonight.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

I hope you enjoy the show.

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hello all, Beacon is sharing another broadcast from the Voice of Hope Archive. El Dorado Broadcast Radio Episode 3 is available for your listening pleasure.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... episode-3/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Welcome back to the Voice of Hope Podcast Season 2.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... -security/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

To the listeners, Beacon has released another archived broadcast from El Dorado Broadcast Radio.

Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hook up your Techno-Mage Decryption Devices. Beacon has a new episode about the Tommorrow Legion's diplomatic efforts, and Beacon gives you a little more info about his nemesis

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... d-cyborgs/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Happy Halloween Listeners. Beacon is pushing a treat to you over the airwaves.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... tribution/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Days to the Voice of Hope Listeners

This episode the Tomorrow Legion provides a panel of experts to Beacon to provide the SET with information on the various challenges and opportunities that the Tomorrow Legion in facing in North America. And afterwards Robin and Sean Bircher and Sean Roberson, the line developers for Savage Rifts stick around to talk about the upcoming Kickstarter for the three new Savage Rifts books, Blood and Banes, Arcana and Mysticism, and Empires of Humanity. I really appreciate them and the PEG team for allowing them to come on the show and discussing these new additions to the line.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... 7-experts/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Happy New Year Legionnaire's! Beacon is back with the latest transmission for the SET exploring Rifts Earth. The Council of Hope and the Legion has experienced a number of challenges and opportunities that have the possibility of creating a better tomorrow.

Also in the episode I have friend join me on the show. Kacey Ezell, fellow air force pilot, and author of Minds of Men, and Assassins

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... portunity/
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Beacon has broadcast the deliberation of the Council of Hope to determine the fate of the Iron Heart Avengers. Listen to Lord Coake, Councilor Comstock and Mayor Hensen discuss the mission deep into the Vampire Kingdoms, then stick around to listen to our discussion with Kevin Siembieda of Palladium Books, Sean Patrick Fannon of Evil Beagle Games, and Cameron Cleveland of Rifts Living Campaign Club talk about Rifts and Savage Rifts.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... ord-coake/
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Great episode!

VV
Signature
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Thank you.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Beacon

Post by Beacon »

The Voice of Hope Returns with an update from our favorite Community Outreach Team with Calatin, a little deeper look into the Freelands of Texas and some information from MSET 21, the Odd Squad.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... entionals/
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Almost two years of making these. Great job, it really connects the world.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Thanks I really appreciate it. I will admit after working on the Kevin Episode it was hard to get back into the seat for this episode.

Very Respectfully,

Beacon
shadowdad

Post by shadowdad »

As usual, great episode! I've mentioned it before on MEWE, I just thought it was worth mentioning here too!

BTW: When do you think the next episode will drop?
Visit my Savage Worlds Blog: https://roleplayersimaginarium.blog/

Previously Ran: Savage Rifts: The Red Dawn Chronicles
Previously Played in: Interface Zero 2.0, Star Wars using Scum & Villainy system, The Lady of the Bayou, a supernatural mystery/horror game set in the 1820s Louisiana, using the World of Darkness (Hunter) rules.
Currently Running: Savage Sunday Rifts Game! It is every other Sunday with a whole new group of players. Follow along here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6035
Looking to run next: Savage Fantasy using the Fantasy Companion or SWPF (not sure which yet) and running it in the Ptolus City by the Spire setting.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Shadow Dad,

Thanks for the support. It will probably be towards the end of the month, with a little bit of a break for my move and new job this summer.

Beacon
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hello, Episode 23 of VoH is up, completing my deep dive into the TLPG Playtest version with Sean Roberson, enjoy.

https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/ ... on-part-2/
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Thanks @Beacon

Also, appreciate the plug for the site at the end. Thank you!

VV
Signature
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Hey VV no problem at all. Cross promotion is always good. I appreciate you guys talking about the show on your interview as well.

Salcor
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Good interview. Lots of good info. Thanks!
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Radcliffe,

Thanks, Sean Roberson is very passionate and knowledge. His idea of getting his intentions out there I think really helps. Does make me think that people prefer the types of shows talking about the game, as opposed to the in character format.

Salcoe
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

We like both - just happens that game speak stuff right now is present and immediate.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

High Command,

Thanks....yeah the playtest has folks focused on game mechanics. I will probably get back to the in world stuff next month since my serve usage is maxed for the month.

Salcor
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I like both, but definitely prefer the types where you talk about the show.

This one was IMNHO your best show. Going through systematically and asking do many of the right questions.
Excellent work.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

RFT,

Thanks, I appreciate it. Most of the work was done by you folks here and on the forums. For every question I asked there were probably 10 more I didn't ask. I do like the game discussion podcasts, but those usually need more than one person. The Order 66 podcast for Star Wars is one of the best examples in my opinion.

Beacon
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Beacon wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:24 am I do like the game discussion podcasts, but those usually need more than one person. The Order 66 podcast for Star Wars is one of the best examples in my opinion.
Given the traditional SW podcasts tend to be down on Savage Rifts (Wild Die, SW GM Hangout, even Savagecast to a lesser extent) I think there is a market for a Savage Rifts focused podcast, especially given that it seems to have a big market at least from a Kickstarter volume perspective.

In character, rules explanations, game play stories, interviews, etc.

There's enough complicated stuff that just a systematic character creation rundown would take 10 episodes.

VV
Signature
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Honestly, you might consider a second podcast for just talking about the rules, the game, etc and one for in character stuff.
Voice of Hope, Reports from Castle Refuge
and
Beacon's Inner Voice, a Savage Rifts Discussion Podcast.

Put them out on the same stream (or not), but title them differently. And yes you can have that. :D
Tales of the 17th SOG
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

I think that making the next several episodes about the rules would be awesome. Eventually that topic area is going to peter out but at least until all the new books are out this would be really great.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

shadowdad

Post by shadowdad »

Bump!!

When might we see the next new episode?!?

Signed: Superfan!
Visit my Savage Worlds Blog: https://roleplayersimaginarium.blog/

Previously Ran: Savage Rifts: The Red Dawn Chronicles
Previously Played in: Interface Zero 2.0, Star Wars using Scum & Villainy system, The Lady of the Bayou, a supernatural mystery/horror game set in the 1820s Louisiana, using the World of Darkness (Hunter) rules.
Currently Running: Savage Sunday Rifts Game! It is every other Sunday with a whole new group of players. Follow along here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6035
Looking to run next: Savage Fantasy using the Fantasy Companion or SWPF (not sure which yet) and running it in the Ptolus City by the Spire setting.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Sorry working it with the guys.

Salcor

Return to “Out of Character Topics”