Hawdore, Trimadore Mechanic (M.A.R.S. Personal Concept)

Home to characters who have been put into an official "Inactive Character Slot" for later use.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hawdore, Trimadore Mechanic (M.A.R.S. Personal Concept)

Post by Hawdore »

Dice Rolls
F&G [dice]0[/dice] => Choose Your Fate.
F&G [dice]1[/dice] => A Way to Get Around: Your hero begins with a d6 in either Driving or Piloting. She also starts with any one vehicle of her choice.
F&G [dice]2[/dice] => Fortune Favors the Bold: Your hero begins with the Brave Edge. He also begins each session with one additional Benny.
F&G [dice]3[/dice] => Agile and Dexterous: Your hero adds one die type to Agility and begins with either the Ambidextrous or Quick Edge.

HJ Education [dice]4[/dice] => Born with a natural inquisitiveness, your hero has a gift for research and finding things out. He has the Investigator Edge and the Investigation skill at d6.
HJ Education [dice]5[/dice] => Your character is a talented medic and a huge boon for any group he runs with. He has the Healer Edge and the Healing skill at d6.
HJ Education [dice]6[/dice] =He’s traveled far and wide, and he knows a lot about the world that could come in handy. Your character gains a +2 on any Common Knowledge rolls related to geography and understanding the people and places of North America. He also gains a +2 on Survival and Streetwise checks in North America.

Narrative Hook [dice]7[/dice] => The Juicer Uprising.

Credits [dice]8[/dice]
Last edited by Radecliffe on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Hawdore, Trimadore Mechanic (M.A.R.S. Personal Concept)

Post by Hawdore »

Character Sheet

Player Name: James
Google Handle:
Character Name: Hawdore
Race: Trimadore
Iconic Framework: M.A.R.S. Personal Concept (Hawdore Mechanic)
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0
Skills:
  • [1]Repair d10+2
  • [1]Knowledge(Electronics) d8
  • [3]Knowledge(Engineering) d8
  • [1]Knowledge(Computers) d4
  • [2]Psionics d10
  • [1]Streetwise d6+4
  • [2]Survival d6+2
  • [3]Shooting d8
  • [3]Fighting d8
  • [3]Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Investigation d6+2
  • Healing d6+2
Hindrances
  • Major Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Minor Loyal - I have lost too many friends already.
  • Minor Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.
Edges
  • [Racial) Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [IF] AB (Psionics) - Allows access to psionic powers
  • [IF] Major Psionic - Double base ISP, Add +1/+2 to Psionics roll for +2/+4 ISP respectively.
  • [FG] Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG] Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ] Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ] Healer - +2 to all Healing rolls
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega Powers

Cybernetics
  • None
Last edited by Hawdore on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:46 am, edited 17 times in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

Background

I remember the day I met my friends Dak and Zak with great fondness despite the fact I nearly died that day. It was the summer of P.A. 102 and I had just struck out on my own as a young Trimadore come of age and promptly ran afoul of bandits. I had good cover but I knew my time was limited regretting bitterly the fact I would not complete my life's training to become a Mechanic as my father was and his father before him.

It was then I saw Dak and Zak come screaming in on a pair of hover-cycles bowling over several of the bandits in the process. Dak, I would later come to find out he was a Juicer, leapt from his bike as though he had done it a hundred times before and killed the first bandit before he could even react to the arrival of these newcomers. Zak, being a cyborg moved glacially slow in comparison but it mattered not in the least. His hand snapped out and even from where I stood I could hear the neck break. In what seemed like the blink of an eye it was all over with and the two of them stood over the smoking corpses of my attackers. Coming out of hiding I approached the pair with my hands wide showing them I was no threat.

"Hello.", I said "My name is Hawdore and I thank you most profoundly for your assistance. I see that you have taken damage my friend." Gesturing toward Zak and the hole burned into his chest. "Perhaps now I may be of assistance to you."

They looked each other with bemused expressions, well Dak had a bemused expression, you can never tell with a cyborg, and waved me over. Bringing my tools I set to work repairing Zak's damaged chassis. As I worked I explained how I was on a journey to hone my skills so that one day I might become a Mechanic like my father.

"A mechanic?" Dak snorted, "is that anything like an Operator?"

Thinking a moment I told him "To the Trimadore to become a Mechanic is to be more than a simple Operator. It is a quest to train the mind to reach out beyond what my physical senses tell me about a machine and eventually interface with it on a psychic level."

“I dunno, it sounds like what a techno-wizard does if you ask me.” Dak pondered with a confused look on his face.

Zak then reached out and thunked him on the side of the head, saying “Ain’t you been listening? Them tek-no wizards uses magic to do what they do. Hawdore here is sayin’ he does what he does with the power of his mind,” now tapping his own skull, “right?”

“Essentially, yes” I replied, “though my abilities have not yet advanced enough to attempt a direct mental interface with machinery. I have many days of meditation and training ahead of me before that fateful day arrives. With a final weld I completed Zak’s repairs with a satisfied grunt. “There you are my friend you are good as new. Thank you again for coming to my assistance.”

“No problem, kid,” Zak replied, “though to be fair we had no idea you were back there when we can riding in. These fools had been harassing a town about 20 miles back and they were getting plain tired of it so they hired us to take care of the problem.”

In the meantime Dak had set about taking trophies in order to collect their reward from their employers. Jerking his thumb back over his shoulder Dak said, “Hey kid, there are several of NG Magnum hover cycles that these slags aren’t gonna be using any more. If you want you can help yourself to one of em. Most of em look like junk but there’s one that looks like it’s still in pretty good shape. If you’re gonna tag along with us you’re going to need to be able to keep up.”

I could not believe my good fortune! Barely an hour ago I was facing my own death and now I’ve found traveling companions and transportation to boot! “Thank you my friends for your most generous offer. I, of course, accept.” Toeing one of the corpses laying on the ground I grinned, “while you are being so generous I don’t suppose I could lay claim to this chassis? If I’m not mistaken it belongs to what was once a Gladius exosuit. It would be a most interesting challenge to rebuild and adapt it for my own use.”

Chuckling, Dak says” That hunk of junk is a Gladius? If you want it I have no objections. If’n you think you can actually repair that thing you really can do magic.”

It only took the work of a few minutes to strip the badly damaged exoskeleton off the bandit’s corpses and break it down to the point I could store it on my new hover-cycle. And that was the beginning of our friendship. We crossed the continent from one side to the other and back taking jobs where we found them. Dak and Zak taught me to fight and shoot and I kept our gear in fighting shape. As time wore on, however, even I could see how Dak was slowly burning himself out pushing his body to one super-human feat after another and I knew Zak could see it too.

Yet in the end it was Zak that was the first of us to die. We were on a bounty hunt much like the one where we first met. He was always thinking that he was more invulnerable than he actually was and this time he pushed his luck too far. He never even saw the bandit step from behind a tree and raise the rocket launcher to his shoulder. Even my telepathic shout was too late and there was nothing Dak or I could do except watch our friend be blown apart.

Nothing perhaps except to take vengeance. Wordlessly Dak kept the others busy while with thought Zak’s pistol flew into my hand and with another I disappeared with a snap of displaced air, reappearing behind the creature attempting to reload the rocket launcher. Raising Zak and my pistols I said softly, “My name is Hawdore and you have killed my friend. Your oblivion is nigh.” As he whirled around to look me in the eye I pulled the triggers and held them down. Dak notifies me over our telepathic link that the others have been dispatched. Together we return to Zak fallen body to take a moment to grieve for our friend. There is little time to waste, however, and we collect what gear we can carry and then take Zak’s body off the road and into the field along side. With my TK it a short task to dig out a sufficiently deep pit to server as his grave. It isn’t a perfect solution but it is the best we can do under the circumstances.

I take his TX-50, chain-sword and ion pistol to use as my own. They are better than the laser weapons I’d been using and I hope wherever he may be now he would be pleased that I had the, what was the word he used? Ah yes, cajones to try to handle the rail gun. It was too much for me know but the Gladius armor was almost repaired and should be more than up to the task. It was better than new I if I thought so myself and more importantly it would fit my lanky frame.

The two of us continue on as before and I complete the repairs on my refitted and customized Gladius Exosuit. With Zak gone Dake takes more risks than ever before and I many opportunities to hone my medical skills along with my ongoing Mechanic training. Dak jokes that soon I’ll be able to repair anything mechanical or biological.

It was barely six months later in the spring of P.A. 105 that word reached us of the Juicer cure in Newtown. Granted it was inside the boards of the Coalition States but it seemed a trivial risk if my friend could be saved and so we headed to Newtown with all haste. By the time we arrived, however, word had spread that the whole thing was a fraud perpetrated by the CS government to deal with Juicers once and for all. We joined the Juicer Liberation Army determined to make the CS pay for their treachery. Well, Zak was determined and I was determined to have my friend’s back regardless of whether I thought this was a good idea or not. To my eternal regret I was not up to the task and Dak was among the many Juicers that died at Newtown and I will speak no more of it.

Alone once more along I roamed the length and breadth of the land continuing my studies and offering my skills to those that needed them in order to earn my keep. Occasionally I would return home so that I might research the old tomes on circuit design or vector thrust ratios. My expertise with machines grew but still my ultimate goal continued to elude me. From time to time I hear stories of the ongoing war in Tolkeen but I have had enough of conflict and I do not get involved. Then comes the news that Tolkeen has fallen and the city destroyed. It was then that I regretted my decision to remain out of the conflict and I resolved to help those that survived in whatever manner I can.

As I travelled north from the Pecos Empire I began to hear stories of a wondrous fortress that had seemingly been built in the middle of nowhere and was offering refuge to the survivors of Tolkeen. It was said that the builders of this fortress were D-Bees known as Dwarves and that they were master smiths and builders. Perhaps there I might find the knowledge I seek and perhaps also I might find friendship and a new purpose. For the first time since Newtown the future seems bright.
Last edited by Radecliffe on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

Gear

NG-357 Hovercycle
  • Size 2, Acc/TS 15/70, Toughness 17 (8), Crew 1+1, Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 1, Hover, M.D.C. Armor, Nuclear Engine
NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • Armor: +8 MDC, Toughness +2, Full Environmental Protection, Strength d12 + 2, Pace + 2, +2 to Ranged Attacks, Charge 96 hours (2 hours to recharge), d6 min Strength
    • Extraordinary craftsmanship and lightweight materials mean your adventurer’s suit has its Strength Minimum reduced by one die type, while still gaining +1 Armor. This result may be applied up to two times*.
    • The helmet of his armor has exceptional embedded targeting enhancements, granting your hero +2 on all ranged attacks*.
Impact Hammer **
  • Damage: Str+2d6 | Wt. 11 | Cost 11,000 | Notes: Mega Damage. Raise damage d10.
TX-50 Light Rail Gun **
  • Range: 75/150/300 | Damage 2d8+2 | RoF 3 | AP 4 | Shots 20 | Wt. 70 | Cost 50,000
  • Notes: Min Str d10. Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots = bursts (page 91).
NG-56 Light Ion Pistol
  • Range: 10/20/40 | Damage 1– 3d6 | RoF 1 | AP — | Shots 12 | Wt. 2 | Cost 5,000
NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Designed and sold by the Northern Gun Corporation, this is a fairly common starting item for anyone roaming the wilds. It contains just about everything needed for basic survival. (30 lb, 3,000 credits)
  • One two-person tent, insulated against up to −40 degrees Fahrenheit. It has water collection capabilities, capturing ambient humidity and evaporating water from occupants, thus extending water supplies by 20%.
  • One sleeping bag, also insulated.
  • One flashlight, with a concealed pocket knife. Miniaturized solar panels give it near-infinite operation under typical conditions.
  • One biometric compass/inertial mapper. Body motion provides the necessary power, and the system lets the user know how far and in what direction he’s travelled over time (+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation). A mirrored back allows for reflective signalling to others if the sun is out.
  • One short-range radio, five mile range.
  • One first aid kit, provides +1 to Healing checks. It has three uses before it needs to be replenished (300 credits).
  • One hunter/fisher kit, containing wires, line, hooks, and other elements necessary for fishing and small game trapping. This provides +1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned.
  • Three saw wires, composed of serrated, high tensile strength wire and two ring handles. Capable of slicing through wood, stone, and even non-Mega metals.
  • One fire starter, a combination solar powered ignition cell and flint sparker (with six extra flints).
  • One survival knife, one small hatchet, and one wooden cross.
  • Four signal flares.
  • One climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and a small mallet.
  • One bar of soap and a sterilized cloth.
  • One canteen.
  • Two weeks worth of minimal sustenance survival rations in sealed pouches.
Tool Kit
  • Cost 200

*Bonuses already applied to armor stats.
**Did a swap out for range and melee weapons due to size restrictions for the former and style decision in the latter. Pending GM approval, of course.

Credits: 2,800

Contacts
Last edited by Radecliffe on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

Advances
Please list all Edges and Advances taken for your character here

Iconic Framework
  • Begin with +5 skill points.
  • Begin with two Edges of your choice, ignoring Rank requirements.
  • Make one additional roll on the M.A.R.S. Fortune & Glory Table (4 total.)
  • Begin with the starting gear of any one Iconic Framework of your choosing.
  • Three rolls on any Hero’s Journey tables you like (though some make less sense than others).
Racial Abilities and Complications
  • Distinctive D-Bee: Though humanoid, Trimadore are clearly inhuman. They face prejudice from the Coalition. They suffer −4 Charisma with such folks.
  • Long Arms: The Trimadore have a Reach of 1.
  • Mechanical Savant: Trimadore are born with an innate capacity for working with and repairing machines. They begin with the Mr. Fix It Edge, ignoring any requirements.
  • Non-Standard Physiology: The unique physiology of a Trimadore makes it difficult for him to find armor he can use. Purchases and repairs are at least doubled in cost, and there’s no way he can manage a Glitter Boy suit or other power armor built for a typical humanoid frame. He also suffers −2 to checks made to operate a vehicle or its weapons not refitted for his race. Any gear gained from an Iconic Framework is assumed to be custom-built for the character.
  • Technically Savvy: Trimadore love science and technology, studying all they can about such things from birth. Trimadore start with Repair d6 and their choice of one of the following at d6: Knowledge (Computers), Knowledge (Cybernetics), Knowledge (Electronics) or Knowledge (Engineering).
Hero’s Journey
  • Education
    • Your character is a talented medic and a huge boon for any group he runs with. He has the Healer Edge and the Healing skill at d6.
  • Education
    • He’s traveled far and wide, and he knows a lot about the world that could come in handy. Your character gains a +2 on any Common Knowledge rolls related to geography and understanding the people and places of North America. He also gains a +2 on Survival and Streetwise checks in North America.
  • Education
    • Born with a natural inquisitiveness, your hero has a gift for research and finding things out. He has the Investigator Edge and the Investigation skill at d6.
MARS Fortune & Glory
Fortune and Glory
  • A Way to Get Around: Your hero begins with a d6 in either Driving or Piloting. She also starts with any one vehicle of her choice.
  • Agile and Dexterous: Your hero adds one die type to Agility and begins with either the Ambidextrous or Quick Edge.
  • Fortune Favors the Bold: Your hero begins with the Brave Edge. He also begins each session with one additional Benny.
  • Choose Your Fate: =>A Strong Suit of Armor: Your hero may choose any one suit of Body Armor and add two of the modifiers listed under Body Armor in the Hero’s Journey section. They must be two different modifiers, not the same one twice.
Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Improve Spirit (d8), Improve Smarts (d10)
  • Novice 1 Advance: Improve Strength (d6)
  • Novice 2 Advance: Improve Psionics (d8), Improve Streetwise (d6)
  • Novice 3 Advance: McGyver
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Improve Psionics (d10), Improve Repair (d10)
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Rock and Roll!
  • Seasoned 3 Advance: Master Psionic
  • Seasoned 4 Advance: New Power: Mind Reading
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
XP LOG
  • 3rd Quarter 2017 - 5 XP
  • 4th Quarter 2017 - 4 XP
  • 1st Quarter 2018 - 4 XP
Last edited by Hawdore on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

My apologies for the back story. I got on a roll.
Last edited by Radecliffe on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

My goal for this character was to end up with Telemechanics in the vein of the Trimadore Mechanic R.C.C. from PR but it was too many Edges and I couldn't quite get there. But with the skill update the next two advances should be Master Psionics and Telemechanics.
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Radecliffe wrote:My apologies for the back story. I got on a roll.
Apologies? NAW! The backstories are the best part!

I'm good with him. I think there's a dusty little town he might be holed up in, just waiting for some Tomorrow Legion folks to come to town and accidentally kill everyone!

Oh yeah! Make all this stuff a Hawdore user, not our good professor!
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

Awesome! Hawdore account created so whenever you can move the character sheet over I'm good to go. Also, I noticed I messed up on the Psionics skill and basically gave myself a free d6 in Psionics. So I fixed it by dropping Scholar for now and picking up two more skill advances instead so now everything is paid for.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I just noticed this--what Powers does Hawdore have, anyway?
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hawdore »

The three T's. Teleport, Telepathy and Telekinesis. I picked up Master Psionics with my last advance so my next will be Telemechanics to become a full fledged Trimadore Mechanic! ;)

Return to “Cryo-Freeze”