View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How Does It Start? 
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Khar-loez obviously does not want any of the Bodkil weapons, and is just as glad to stay out of town for now.

He comments, "While you can come and get us if things go well, perhaps we should consider a signal of some sort if things go badly?"

He does not have a radio...and even if he did it is possible to jam one.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Not a bad idea. If we need you to come in hot, I'll shoot the laser straight up in the air. If it's just a friendly approach, the radio should be just fine for me to make the call."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Carlos nods his understanding, it seems a reasonable signal...hopefully no one else in town will be shooting into the air and confusing things.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 am

Notice Ambushes 22 total
Notice 1d8 (8) Ace 1d8 (8) Ace 1d8 (6) Wild 1d6 (2)

Jessica Bronze stomps over putting the excess Brodkill gear into Tiny.
Acknowledging GG she says, " Gotcha GG, I'll be way over there. Looks like those dead red guys had a nice plasma ejector and a few vibro blades, along with several laser rifles. I'll lug the plasma weapon around as a good back up." She cocks the suits head listening into the conversation about a signal. " Oh I think you will be able to hear the signal just fine... I get not liking towns, I hate them too. The last one we were at would have been better off if we had not even shown up." Jessica Bronze directs the suit to point at the yonder town, she sighs, " In this line of work, we all go outside of our comfort zones. If we all stick with what we find comfortable the better Tomorrow will never come." Jessica stops out to Mercy, but she turns the head of the suit one last time, " But in all honesty I would only stick 500ft or so behind the group. Any farther back you might not be able to reach us if we needed your help."

" Mercy save me some beans!" Once she has her fill of beans Jessica Bronze moves the suit off to the side about 100 ft where she watches vigilantly for any ambushes. What were in those beans? Its like the world is so clear, I can see the wings of a flie and hear the soft beating of the birds flying over head...

• Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Rolls
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5)
Not sure if there’s enough dust to invoke a -2 from Storm Fouled Senses, if not rolls are at +2 due to Awareness.

Like the others Ferrax hears the whine of the hovercycles, though the actual vehicles and the associated dust cloud are too far away for him to ‘see’. Preferring to keep the his unique method of perception (and uncomfortable comparisons) he follows along with Hawdore, Simba, and the Sherrif. When Simba takes flight he looks to the Sherrif, ”Are you expecting anyone, or is this cause for concern?” Once the approaching vehicles close, Ferrax will do what he can to gather details.

Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3

Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1800 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TROUBLE TOWN Everyone, YAY!
A few minutes go by and the dust settles as the various groups come to a halt. The convoy ahead of the 4th is fairly large, and a little scary. Both the group within the town with the sheriff and the 4th settled just down the road. The two motorcycles move ahead and block the road from the north. Two of the hover bikes take up a similar position to the south of the convoy. The Big Boss ATVs are lined up about thirty feet apart between the two guards. The remaining hover bikes gain a bit of altitude and do lazy circles around the block.

The passenger door of the lead big boss opens up, and a tall human man wearing western-styled body armor, helmet in hand, steps out onto the road. Behind him from the other ATV, two other people step out, humanoids in full EBA, carrying rifles of some kind. Another hops out, more casually than the others but with an air of authority, and he are also in EBA, but like the other guy, helmet off. He carries a large rifle easily in one hand.

"Where's the sheriff? he shouts.

In Mark, Mercy is so excited about her beans, she forgot to take them out of the can, and the can explodes in the microwave. The sparks and flames are very pretty, but the beans are hot and taste horrible.

From his position, Simba sees more metal men, but some of them don't have metal heads. They all look completely different than the metal men he just destroyed. They are shouting about something.

Carlos keeps his distance, but can clearly make out multiple technology wielding beings exit the vehicles.

What Jessica notices, above all the other details, may or may not be important. All of the gear that these people are using are either Black Market originals or Black Market knock-offs. Even the bikes and ATVs aren't originals.

Ferrax can easily count the convoy members, even tell what's armored and what's not. When he questions the Sheriff, the Sheriff responds, "Well, this day could probably not be going worse."

What are you doing?

Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6

Murder Hobos:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (1)
Hawdore puts his helmet back on and sighs. "This is quite the interesting town you have here Sheriff," he says calmly as he checks his weapon and targeting systems. "I owe you a great deal, however, so whatever happens here I'll back you a hundred and ten percent."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20
Active Powers: None

Player: James
Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Hobo Joe wrote:

The passenger door of the lead big boss opens up, and a tall human man wearing western-styled body armor, helmet in hand, steps out onto the road. Behind him from the other ATV, two other people step out, humanoids in full EBA, carrying rifles of some kind. Another hops out, more casually than the others but with an air of authority, and he are also in EBA, but like the other guy, helmet off. He carries a large rifle easily in one hand.

"Where's the sheriff? he shouts.

What are you doing?

Oh man, is this the black market? If it is its best not to ruffle too many feathers. Carol always said they were a valuable ally. Jessica moves about 50" away from the ATV group and turns on her loud speaker, " WHAT DO YOU NEED THE SHERIFF FOR? IF IT IS HELP YOU REQUIRE PERHAPS WE CAN ASSIST YOU."
Jessica Bronze turns the suits head slightly when she catches sight of the bat. Mercy, those beans did something to my eyes, I think I see some kind of bat...

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George pulls up closer to the cluster of riders, slowing down as he gets near, and raising his voice as he speaks into his armor's speakers. "Pardon me, good fellows, but you seem to be blocking access to the town, here, and we kinda need to do business here. That said, I'm sure you've got good reasons for what you're doin' here, too. As my lady friend in the shiny suit with the big cannon says, perhaps we can assist you in some way so this all ends peaceable-like? Perhaps I could have a word with the man in charge?"

Notice 9, Persuasion 12
Notice 1d4 (4)
Notice Ace 1d4 (4)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)
Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (3)

Persuasion 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Rolls carried over...

Hawdore's tenses as someone start's speaking over some sort of PA system. Now what? When he sees the speaker it is all he can do not to drop his rail gun. "A Glitter Boy? Here?!?" The day just a whole lot better I think. Or a whole lot worse.

"Well my friends I didn't think the day could get more interesting but things seem to finally be turning in our favor with any luck. I'd suggest we let these newcomers handle negotiations for the moment and see how things go from there." With that Hawdore firms his grip on his gun and while keeping it pointed at the ground remains ready to bring the weapon to bear as needed.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Edges
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Things are tense. What will happen?

The hatch opens on Mark and Mercy pops up.

Looking at those assembled out side of Mark she grins ear to ear. "Hi!"

In full EBA, only her head (and MoM implants) showing she climbs up out of Mark.

Looking down at those assembled, she grins widely.

Holding up gift bags she says, "Friends? I come bearing gifts!"

Tossing the bags down near the .. others .. Mercy climbs out of Mark and uses her mind powers to put Smite on her weapon.

With a huge smile she looks down at the others, "Friends? Right?"

ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."

My Accounts

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Rolls carried over...

The sound of metal on metal can be heard among the group in town as Hawdore smacks his armored gauntlet into his helmeted head as he watches another of the newcomers climb out of their vehicle and begin throwing some kind of small objects in the direction of the most recent intruders to this town. "What...?" he stammers, "Who...?" Recovering he shakes his head and sighs yet again, "This day is getting weirder by the minute. I don't know about anyone else but I am going to need a very large drink when this is over. Assuming I'm still alive, of course."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Carlos can not tell one type of technology from another by feel, all he can tell is there is a lot of technology in that caravan. Still, that does not mean the people are unfriendly.

It does not look like Coalition, he has seen how they style things and this is certainly not that. Aside from that, he can not really tell.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild Card 1d6 (1)

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:43 am

Jessica Bronze keeps her slightly used plasma ejector at her side, not drawn. She does not dig in either. I really hope they listen to GG, Demons is one thing, but this would be something else. Over the comms she radios, I think these guys might be with the blackmarket or maybe have strong ties to them. Be careful GG. Mercy they might think the gifts are grenades..." Oh man, what if they are????!!!! Jessica Bronze swivels her head around to see what Carlos is doing. Nothing I can do about warning him now... I wonder if some one can make an organic radio? Jessica focuses her attention on the group of folks in front of her, she checks her radar and thermals, looking for any signs of duplicity.
Notice any signs of attack or ambush, total 5
Notice 1d8 (5) Wild 1d6 (5)

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Simba is flying above and sees the second group of people behind the first group. This just gets better. Who are these other people? They seem to be shinny. Simba will fly cautiously to avoid heavy weapons and see if he can tell they are part of some larger group, hell if they are apart of the Legion that he is expecting.

Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Rolls carried over...

Telepathy 7
Psionics Die 1d10 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
-1 Bennie to Reroll

Psionics Die 1d10 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
Initially listed it as Exalted Telepathy since an opposed roll wasn't required then I remembered I was not a Master Psionic yet. :P
Feeling the need to do something to gather more information on what is going on Hawdore concentrates and reaching out with his mind he makes contact with the Glitter Boy in the distance. Greetings honored warrior, I am Hawdore of the Trimadore and I am communicating to you from within the town. If you could give me some idea of you and your companions intentions here regarding this other group of strangers and the town I would be most grateful. I will maintain the link and you may respond in kind. If it helps just talk to vocalize your thoughts and I will hear you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Jessica Bronze shakes the head of her suit finding the sudden telepathic conversation, while not threatening, unsettling.
Trimadore, one of those gangly D-bees dad was going on and on about. He always said just one needed to visit Silver Bliff and the suit would be good as new. Finding her mind drifting she focuses in on replying to the Hawdore.
" I am part of a community out reach team... The 4th from the Tomorrow Legion. The friendly gracklytooth, and the crazy bearing gifts are part of the team as well. I am Jessica, and they are respectfully George and Mercy. We mean only goodwill to the people of this town. The group looking for your sheriff maybe from the black market. Please find out if the sheriff wishes us to intervine directly." To emphasize her point she holds up a peace sign, two split fingers, towards the town.

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"Thank you Jessica, I will relay your offer to the Sheriff. I'm sure he'll be glad for any assistance you and your team can provide. Besides myself and the Sheriff there are two other magic practitioners that have offered to stand with us."

Turning to his companions Hadore relays his telepathic conversation with the distant Glitter Boy. "It appears we have additional allies, Sheriff should they be needed. A Glitter Boy is one powerful negotiating tool with anyone looking to be aggressive."

Returning to his mental conversation with Jessica, "While I think of it should you see a bat like creature take to the skies, please don't shoot it. [Mental chuckle] That is one of the companions I was telling you about. I am not familiar with the race but he's come to the assistance of the town once already. I hope fighting will not be necessary but we are glad you are there if it all goes in the fire. If you have a radio frequency that we could use for more standard communication I can pass it along to the Sheriff and we can coordinate more effectively."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:43 pm

We are here to help. If trouble does start, It is imperative any melee combatants inform me of their location. I will not kill more innocents. I beleive our frequency is... If you contact our group leader as gorgeous he will know you as an ally." Jessica checks her scopes and radar pannel.... So far so good... I knew I saw a bat!

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 5 --- Spellcasting 5 --- Spellcasting 9
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3), Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Spellcasting Iron Drake 1d10 (5), Wild 1d6 (3)

Spellcasting Lash Bug 1d10 (3), Wild 1d6 (2), Extra Effort 1d6 (1)
Spellcasting Lash Bug reroll 1d10 (3), Wild 1d6 (4), Extra Effort 1d6 (5)

-2 Bennies

Looking to the Sherrif Ferrax just shrugs as he steps to the side and ducks into . ”That just means there’s plenty of room for improvement.” He says with a smirk, ducking into an alley to stay out of sight of their new arrivals. ”If this goes bad, you’ll have more friends to help than they can account for.” Once again he rapidly moves through a series of gestures and draws upon his personal reserves of energy. Reality shatters again, though rather than a dark frozen landscape the land beyond is a vast windswept desert. Mammoth spires, twisted by the heat mirage are buffeted by a metallic sand carried on the gusts. Swooping out of the sky, a beast like a dragon if it was coated in metal armored plates, drops through the tear in dimensions just before it closes.
Iron Drake
Bound entity, no spellcasting roll as far as I can tell.

The creature is easily large enough to carry Ferrax, though the fact that it attains flight at all is amazing. ”You say the word and I’ll do what I can to keep you and yours safe.” Running through the motions again a ‘forest’ of silver trees and cabled vines is revealed in the alley on the opposite side of the street. Several six legged monstrosities skitter out, a long oblong body with a dimly glowing eye and a long barbed tail rest atop the spider like legs.
Lash Bug

Conditions:
  • None
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
Edges:

Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

"Thank you Jessica I will contact...Gorgeous? as soon as possible to coordinate. I can't tell you how glad I am to have a Glitter Boy to help defend this town should things go sideways. Hopefully, though, it will not come to that. I look forward to buying you and your friends a drink when this is all over. Until we meet in person, good bye." with that Hawdore closes his mental connection to the distant Glitter Boy.

Witnessing the arrival Ferrax's creatures Hawdore calls over to him, "Very nice, Ferrax just try to keep your creatures under cover. We do not want to provoke a fight in the middle of town if we can avoid it."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Date & Time: 1805 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA

OLD FRIENDS
The Black Market group did not expect this welcome, that is for sure. The Glitter Boy especially was surprising.

"Sheriff, these weren't the friends we were supposed to meet." the speaker says, still walking down the street, but his gun hovers between threatening and peaceful. The observant and those with people skills pickup on this and correctly interpret that he is not as confident as he is trying to be.

The Sheriff responds to Hawdore, but still ignores the oncoming negotiator. "I am thankful for your help. I think these guys had something to do with the CS boys."

With Jessica's announcement, two of the hover bikes peel off and start a circuit around the Glitter Boy. Nothing too offensive, but definitely wary. The man in charge reacts to the COT as well, turning and staring down the street towards Gorgeous George. He lowers the gun, in a steadily neutral condition. "And who might you be to discuss with honest traders like us?"

Thankfully that relationship was established before Mercy started throwing small packages out of her vehicle. The guards in the convoy turn their focus from the town to the 4th.

That is of course until skittering beasts from beyond pull their attention back towards Ferrax. But their confusion keeps the situation from degenerating.

What are you doing?

Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)

Murder Hobos:

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George's smile shows ALL of his teeth, but his tone is still steady and even friendly when he speaks. "Well, I'm Gorgeous George, and we are the 4th Community Outreach Team of the Tomorrow Legion, out of Castle Refuge. That community just yonder is, in fact, one of the ones we're supposed to be reaching out to, kind of what it says on the tin, you know? You say you're traders, well, that's delightful. Always good to see honest commerce in action. And what sort of business will you be doing with the sheriff today?"

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Simba is flying around keeping an eye on the situation. Seeing the lead group break up causes Simba to question that the lead group may not be associated with the 2nd group. When the two bikes start circling the Glitter Boy, Simba is pretty certain that they don't work with each other. I can't tell who works for who, but those vehicles are vulturing the Shiny one. If I remember, the Legion uses the shiny ones. Well, regardless, the bikes are not being friendly. I don't think the shiny one can last long with two fast and nimble opponent. Simba positions himself to fly down and blast one of the bikes.

With the bikes circling the Glitter Boy, Simba is assured that they are not at least friendly. Simba sees the person speaking for both groups, and is betting that the one in the lead would not be on his side. Simba activates his Mass Understanding and reaches out to the Glitter Boy Pilot and the speaker of the 3rd group.

"Please do not be alarmed. I do not wish to alarm you. I am communicating directly to your thoughts, and I am speaking with the one in the shiny robot and the one that is speaking for your group. My name is Simba. I came here from the Tomorrow Legion and am looking for the 4th Community Outreach team.
"

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Carlos stands next to his ostrasaurus, about thirty meters back and to the left of the Glitter boy, someone trying to flank his ally on this side will be within range of his own attack, hopefully. They are likely to underestimate him, since his weapons look primitive. He prefers it that way.

He pats his steed, "Easy there boy, we are not ready to fight yet."

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)Wild re-roll 1d6 (2)

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:54 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George blinks as he hears a voice in his head, but relaxes as the message seems friendly enough. He attempts to return-send his thoughts. Uh, this think on? Okay, then, I'm Gorgeous George, current commander of the 4th COT. So, you found us. Nice to meet you, Simba. I take it you're inside the town? Do you have any idea what these riders want with the town's sheriff? I'd prefer not to have a violent incident here, but I'm also not about to let the local authorities get bushwhacked over some 'business' deal gone south, neither. But I would appreciate it if we could get through this without any gunplay if we can avoid it--we've got a caravan cart full of civvies here.

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Simba is relieved that he finally found the 4th. "I'm actually orbiting the shiny one right now to help with the two vehicles just in case. As to your question, I don't have an answer to that. It does seem odd that they showed up so soon after the metallic men showed up. The metallic men was here just this morning. They held up the sheriff and my new friend Hawdore. Would showing them where the bodies of the Metallic men and their equipment help?"

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:09 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George isn't quite certain how to take that one. "Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Quote:
"Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"

Simba is slightly confused. He has not heard of Mechanoid, but he is somewhat familiar with Combat 'borgs. The best example he has is of Timothy Hernandez of the 1st SET. His opinion is of 'borgs is not one of the highest, due to his natural magic capabilities, as well as the rumors of Timothy's attitude.

"Um no. The metallic men that are what you would call humans. They do not like anything not like them. The suits are black and white. They seem to be part of a much larger tribe."

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:07 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hawdore watches Simba flying around above the 4th COT and hopes that Jessica was able to pass along the message to her comrades not to shoot at the bat like creature. That being is entirely too reckless, he's going to get himself killed or worse, someone else.

To the leader of the newcomers Hawdore calls out "If you would care to tell us who exactly you are looking for, sir, perhaps we can help you. There has only been one other group here today and they left rather abruptly and to the best of my knowledge told no one where they were going. If those were the people you are looking for then I think you are aware that they would not be inclined to tell someone like me of their intentions." All technically true but lets hope they don't probe too deeply into that statement. I am a Mechanic, not a diplomat. Let's hope the leader of yon Legion unit can convince these people to play nice.

Hawdore gestures back to the 4th COT, "perhaps it would be best if you negotiated with the Legion unit behind you. I assure you no one here is looking to start a conflict." As long as no one panics and starts shooting I think this can be resolved without any further casualties. Or property damage.

All the same Hawdore keeps a firm grip on his rail gun. He has no intention of starting this fight but he's perfectly willing to end it if it comes to that.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 am
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Simba wrote:
Quote:
"Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"

Simba is slightly confused. He has not heard of Mechanoid, but he is somewhat familiar with Combat 'borgs. The best example he has is of Timothy Hernandez of the 1st SET. His opinion is of 'borgs is not one of the highest, due to his natural magic capabilities, as well as the rumors of Timothy's attitude.

"Um no. The metallic men that are what you would call humans. They do not like anything not like them. The suits are black and white. They seem to be part of a much larger tribe."

George responds in his head. "Ah, okay, that's the Cee-Ess, short for Coalition States. Yeah, they come around these--wait. They're dead? He thinks quickly, wishing again the unit's original commander was still alive. Do not, under any circumstance, advertise that fact at this point. If these guys had some kinda deal going with the CS and you killed their contacts, they're gonna be mighty pissed. Just let 'em see if they can be steered away from town."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Jessica Bronze tilts her head once again as she comes under the assault of another telepathic contact. Ok so there are two friendlies out there. Greetings Simba, I think George is right. Best not to give the black market thugs a reason to resort to gun play. Jessica Bronze unhooks her plasma ejector holding it in one hand at her side as non threatening as possible. Over the groups comms she says, " GG, I would like to give something a try... I am not unknown in some black market circles. I owe them a debt, perhaps I could try to see if there is something I can do to help pay it down..." . Jessica's voice trails off as she is unsure if that would even work.

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:24 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George considers. "You probably wanna hold off on that one, Jess. After all, if they're here for trouble, they might try to collect by asking you to switch sides. Not that I think you would, but refusing would have its own consequences. Now, if we get things settled first, then I got no problem seeing if we can take the opportunity to get you out from under, too."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Quote:
"Do not, under any circumstance, advertise that fact at this point. If these guys had some kinda deal going with the CS and you killed their contacts, they're gonna be mighty pissed. Just let 'em see if they can be steered away from town."

Simba is still trying to understand how these different people work together. "The only people who know this are you, the shiny one, the sheriff, myself, my friend hawdore and everyone in town. I appologize, but I do not know everyone's name."

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Using the radio frequency given to him by Jessica, Hawdore attempt to raise the Legion team leader on the radio. "Hello, I am attempting to speak to the leader of the 4th COT. I was given this frequency by the Glitter Boy pilot known as Jessica. My name is Hawdore of the Trimadore and I am currently in the town you are currently parked outside of. I am with the town Sheriff as well as two others of notable magical power. As a matter of fact one of those beings is currently flying around above you. I'm afraid I do not know his race but his name is Simba if that helps. Please be aware that it is our intention to defend this town if need be but we would prefer not to start a fight if we can avoid it. Unfortunately, none of us are skilled at negotiation. I have made request to the leader of the force between us that he negotiate with your team in your capacity as Legion representatives. I do have further information but hesitate to discuss it over an open comm frequency. Please respond."

Hawdore turns to his companions, "I am currently attempting to make radio contact with the Legion unit just outside of town. Perhaps they can help negotiate with these people and resolve whatever issue they may have with the town before things get out of hand."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:30 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George responds immediately. "Good to make your acquaintance, Hawdore. I'm Gorgeous George, of the 4th COT of the Legion. I'm the one on the oversized hoverbike with the big red cross on my armor. I believe one of your allies has already briefed me on those 'other matters' you mention, so I think I'm up to speed at the moment, except of course for knowing what these fellows surrounding the town want with the sheriff. I do believe you and I are aligned in preferring to see this matter come to a peaceable resolution--we've got a caravan cart full of civvies out here, and I don't want them getting caught in the crossfire. I'm a pretty skilled negotiator, so hopefully we can talk these fellows down from being too hasty in their decisions. And don't you worry--if it does come to shooting, all of us will make certain to keep our shots well clear of the town and its defenders."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:27 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hawdore wrote:
"Very nice, Ferrax just try to keep your creatures under cover. We do not want to provoke a fight in the middle of town if we can avoid it."

Notice 21
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Ace Skill 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace Wild 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace Skill 2 1d6+14 = 19 (5); Ace Wild 2 1d6+14 = 20 (6); Ace Wild 3 1d6+20 = 21 (1)

Ferrax shrugs to Hawdore and smirks at the thug in the street when his creatures are exposed. ’I’m guessing it’s a show of strength that’s going to keep these guys honest.’ The lash bugs swarm around the alley, crawling up the walls and over the roof on either side.

Deciding to take advantage of the fact that he isn’t the one talking he slips his armor’s breathing system on and keys his armor’s radio to Hawdore’s channel. ”I’m more than a little interested in hearing the Sheriff finally answer. I came late to the party, but there’s familiarity here that he isn’t sharing. Safety of the town is obviously of paramount importance, but we should tread carefully.”

Conditions:
  • None
Active Powers/Effects:
Edges:

Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 pm
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Date & Time: 1807 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA

A STRANGER PASSED THIS WAY
Silence can be difficult to bear, even for mere seconds, when the next words could vastly alter the situation. The black market spokesman seems to be caught in the same dilemma as the George. He appears to have a quiet radio call himself, while his eyes are clearly tracking the other groups. It seems to be the brief image of the skittering bugs disappearing into the alley that sways his decision.

"Very well, we have our own business with the Sheriff, and we may as well have a discussion with your group. The Tomorrow Legion is only vaguely known to my associates. It may be beneficial to everyone to have a conversation," the spokesman says, his eyes landing on George, and not really avoiding but not really answering the grackle's questions. "If you don't mind, my two associates will join us."

The Black Market negotiator, having made a decision affects an air of control. He turns and heads down the street towards the Sheriff and Hawdore, marching down the street like he owns it. He motions for the Sheriff to lead the way into Annies. Two far more dangerous looking characters climb off the bikes or out of the truck and flank the negotiator. EBA, heavy rifles, vibroblades, chainswords, grenades, pistols, and probably some cybernetics; these are tough customers. Anyone with experience with the Black Market knows these guys are full Enforcers, not just mercenaries or city rats. That there are two of them means the negotiator is also someone above the ordinary Black Market mouthpiece.

The other hover bikes settle to the ground, the riders dismounting. They still have their weapons ready, they are parked but not relaxed. Pretty much all of them are staring at Jess. She is big and shiny.

The Sheriff is a little antsy, but only those paying attention will notice.They move towards Annies, which apparently is the best place not only for pie but also for negotiations. On the way across the street the Sheriff leans over to Hawdore and whispers quickly, "I think you should know, these guys and the CS have met in this town before. I couldn't stop them then, I had to play along. So, since then, they've kind of had me by the short hairs. Each threatening to call in more trouble if I didn't behave. We're a small outpost, and I've done my best to keep us independent, but it's a tough line to walk between the Coalition and the Black Market." He looks relieved that the 4th is going to help.

Ferrax, besides know which Black Market warrior has or has not showered, who is wearing silky drawers, which one is hungry (his stomach is grumbling) and which one is singing (an old song, a CS pop hit, from the cherished show Into the Flames), is able to hear a subvocalized conversation between the three approaching down the street. It goes something like this:

Enforcer 1: "Do we need to call for magical backup? That looks like a shifter's work"
Negotiator: "No not yet, we don't want to tip our hand."
Enforcer 1: "Are you sure they're what we're looking for?"
Enforcer 2: "Definitely sure. We haven't seen that many this far west yet."
Negotiator: "We can burn the Sheriff if we have to, but we need the batteries. Who knows where the CS assholes are. But they'd want the batteries, so who cares now."

For his part, Carlos is closest to the blue dbees and they start to become quite agitated as they see the kind of people that the 4th is dealing with in town. They are gibbering amongst themselves in quite a fervor, and even with out his universal translator, the simvan knows something is wrong.
What are you doing?

Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)

Murder Hobos:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 16
Notice Die 1d8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace Ace 1d6 (4)

As they walk back towards Annie's Hawdore listens carefully to the Sheriff's quiet explanation. "I understand Sheriff." he whispers back, "I have seen this many times in my travels. There are many small communities out there that are vulnerable to people such as these not to mention being pressured by forces from the CS or the Federation." Hawdore studies the so called Black Market negotiators with careful interest looking for any sign that they might be planning a double cross.

He let his eyes drift across the group looking for anything out of place before casting an eye across the surrounding buildings. He was glad things seemed to be going well and he hoped the Legion unit would be able to resolve this conflict before it has a chance to start but there was still the problem with the dead CS unit. I hope they will not insist on waiting for the CS troops to arrive since that will be a very long wait. Perhaps I should have thought to ask the Sheriff if he would have liked to deputize myself and perhaps ask about Simba and Ferrax as well. It's possible that having an official "posse" might have boosted the Sheriff's bargaining position.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Last edited by Hawdore on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Carlos decides he should activate his translator again and find out what is bothering the blue ones. It may be very important.

He spends the 2 PP and inquires, "I can tell you are upset, can you explain why so that I can tell the others?"

If it important, he will approach one of the others and relay the information.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild Card 1d6 (1)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 am
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George nods at the Negotiator's proposal. "Lemme just make sure everyone knows what's going on." He gets on his radio. "4th COT, this is your Gorgeous leader. Gummy and I are joining our local Sheriff, a couple of travelers and the spokesman for this fine group of honorable businessmen inside the cafe for some friendly discussion. In the meantime, I want you all to stay frosty. Mercy, give the folks in the trailer some water; they're probably thirsty. You should fill in Khar-Loez on the situation, too. Jess, you just keep being your glorious self, right where you're at. I'll see about getting you all something to go while we're in there. Oh, and Jess, keep your ears on--I'll be on send-only for a bit."

And with that, he and Gummy ride into town behind the Black Market trio, parking as close as is feasible to Annie's. "Come on, Gums, let's make nice with the local color." Looking around as they go inside, he thinks to himself, Nice town. Bet it wouldn't last three minutes if things go south, here.

Inside Annie's, he sets aside those concerns, and sniffing the air, grins broadly. "Mm... Okay, that pie smells delicious. Ma'am, I've got a lotta hungry folks outside, could you maybe get several more pies started? I'll cover as many as you can get ready to go while we're talking here. I'll take a pitcher of coffee and a mug to drink out of, a big slice of the pie you've got ready, an' whatever my friend here wants."

Then he takes a seat, using his tail to pull up a chair for Gummy next to him. "Hope you good folks don't mind if I eat while we talk business; travellin's hungry work sometimes." And as he settles in, he activates his armor's radio, making sure Jess hears every word said inside the diner--just in case.

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Notice: 12
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4) wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

These mid day jaunts really stink. I will have to get used to it. Not going to like it any time soon.

Simba lands on one of the buildings closer to the edge of town to keep an eye on things.

While I enjoy flying, i'm getting tired and and to be ready for anything.

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 15
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace N 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace W 1d6+8 = 13 (5); Ace N2 1d6+14 = 15 (1)

Ferrax knows he stands out as an outsider in this town...or most any town really, but he hasn’t made any signs that he’s anything more than a traveller passing through and hasn’t openly supported the opposition to the new arrivals. With a member of this Legion and Hawdore willing to meet with the negotiator he makes a quick decision and remains outside where he can keep a discreet eye on his summoned allies.

He puts some distance between himself and the new arrivals so there’s no chance they overhear him the way he did he sends a quick transmission to Hawdore they’d shared during lunch. It was almost being part of the wiping out of a CS patrol and the subsequent coverup made for paranoid bedfellows.

”Hawdore, I am going to stay outside so I can keep an eye on the man’s friends, and my own for that matter. Check in with 4 mic clicks occasionally, or just leave the channel open so I know you’re still in the clear. I think this is going to end in blood no matter what. I overheard a couple of them talking, they have back up close but have not called for it yet. They are searching for something and are convinced they have found it. They are interested in some kind of battery, and stated the CS wanted it too. It is important enough that they are willing to end their relationship with the Sheriff to get it. It did not strike me as an ending the Sheriff will enjoy.”

As his conversation concludes he walks continues his walk, allowing it to take him naturally back into the main street. He openly approaches the two enforcers he overheard, he raises his right arm in front of him and places it palm out on his left shoulder and drops it back to his side. It’s a common enough greeting equivalent to a polite wave for him, but probably looks exceptionally awkward to the goons. ”I do not mean to be a distraction, but I am at a loss for what is happening. I was passing through, resting here for a few days before continuing on. Is whatever these outsiders are doing going to cause me troubles?”
Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 5 (1); Wild 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Rolling Persuasion since he’s stretching the truth pretty thin there. Everything is basically true except not knowing any of the outsiders.

Conditions:
  • None
Active Powers/Effects:
Edges:

Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 9
Notice Die 1d8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
Notice Die Ace 1d8 (1)

As everyone files into the diner Hawdore listens as Ferrax fills him in on his intentions to remain outside and keep an eye on things. Moving off to the side Hawdore replies quietly. "An excellent idea, Ferrax. I will keep comms open if I can so you can listen in as convenient. If things go really bad I'll try to network in all the town's defenders in a telepathic net. Rapid and secure communications may provide our best chance at success in that regard. I'll keep you posted. Speaking of communication keep an eye out for that fellow Simba. If it all falls apart you may be the only one in a position to warn him in time given his apparent difficulty communicating. Hawdore Clear."

Rejoining the others Hawdore removes his helmet and tucks it under his arm before introducing himself to Gorgeous George. "Uh, Gorgeous George? Hello, my name is Hawdore and I believe we have spoken over the radio just recently." Gesturing with is free hand to the Sheriff, "and this is Sheriff... heh, I just realized Sheriff that I've never asked you your name."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Grackletooth takes Hawdore's (comparatively) small hand in his own big mitt, which is surprisingly gentle. "Pleasure to finally meet you face to face, Hawdore. Once business here is finished, I'd like very much to talk to you about some work I suspect is right up your line." His voice is a deep, rumbling purr, soothing in a way you wouldn't expect from a Grackle.

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Jessica Bronze, hits GG over the radio before he enters, " Rodger that GG, moving to a place they can better see my shiney suit." Jessica directs the GB to clunk over to a good spot about 500ft away from the group of black market vehicles. Jessica hits the brown button digging in. Then aims the boom gun at the cadre of black market vehicles. Ok, time to get GG's back She hits the loud speaker, " ATTENTION BLACK MARKET IF ANY VEHICLES SHOULD BE STARTED PRIOR TO THE MEETING ENDING THEY AND THEIR OCCUPANTS WILL BE MET WITH FORCE, IF THAT GRACKLETOOTH DOES NOT COME OUT YOU WILL BE MET WITH FORCE. STAY CALM AND BREATHE EASY. A RESOLUTION THAT BENIFITS ALL WILL BE REACHED." Oh man, this can go sooo bad Jessica! Jessica Bronze gives her radar a quick glance to make sure no invisible foes or attackers are sneaking up behind her. She draws her silvered sword in her off hand just incase.

move to 100 inches away from BM vehicles, ready boom gun and draw argent, notice 11
Move to a firing distance of 500ft
Notice using GB sensor suite: 1d8 (1) Wild 1d6 (6)Ace 1d6 (5)

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Simba is standing on the top of one of the buildings dozing off when the Glitter boys announcement startles him. What? Were? O right, the machine men and the 4th. O these light missions are brutal. What's happening now? Simba looks around to make sure nothing changed. Nope, no changes.
Still a meeting going on.

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Date & Time: 1820 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA

CATCH AS CATCH CAN
Despite the vicious look of Carlos, the blue people are happy to have him approach, and are overjoyed that he is apparently speaking to them in their own language. The same one, probably, that was the spokesperson before motions to the Black Market vehicles, his hand quivering a little as he points. He says, "Creatures like those captured some of us! Don't let them take us!"

"My friend, and I mean that, Hawdore, but Sheriff is fine for now." the Sheriff responds, his eyes sad despite the smile on his face. Hawdore is no student of human expression, but he's been around enough of them and his innate empathy both tell him that the Sheriff is telling the truth and indeed is pained by not telling Hawdore right now.

From his perch, Simba watches as the lizard-guy approaches the blue people. They have a lively conversation with much emphatic pointing towards the "traders" settled in the town's main street. He notices also that the lizard man rides another, larger lizard thing, a dinosaur maybe. But the really interesting observation is that the lizard man has absolutely no metal or other discernible technology on himself or on his mount.

Ferrax can tell the two guards look at each other before they turn to answer him. They also subvocalize to each other--something Ferrax has no problem hearing--and seem to come to the conclusion that they will answer him. The one to Ferrax's left does the talking, but Ferrax can hear the other guard's helmet bend and bob as he agrees with his partner. The guard answers, "We aren't here for trouble, just doing our job and meeting who we're supposed to meet. Now if we find out these people are getting in the way, I can't say what will happen. The big boss does things different than our normal leader."

It's then that Jessica's PA enhanced warning comes over the speakers. Both guards react by spinning around towards the source of the sound. They knew the Glitter Boy was out there, but now that it's identified itself as a threat, they're interest is tactical instead of just curiosity. The "talker" subvocalizes the the "nodder", "Make sure the boss knows this GB is with them." The nodder relays the message to the boss while the talker alerts the other guards, "Hey boss, the GB is part of the team and seems to want to shoot if given an excuse."

The response is too quiet for even Ferrax to hear, but the talker's response is clear: Roger boss, moving into position. If Ferrax could see, he'd know the guards throw him a dirty look, but instead he just hears them split apart and walking on either side of the large vehicle.

Out a few hundred feet away, but well within her area of destruction, Jessica locks into the ground. That maneuver in and of itself sends an additional tremor of fear through the Black Market goons. Few weapons can touch a Glitter Boy. And a Glitter Boy with a sword is just more scary, their lack of short range power is normally a weak spot. A sword is a force multiplier and so a game changer. When she's settled, she can see a few of the guards moving, but they are not taking anything like offensive action, just moving about the main Black Market vehicle.

Inside Annie's the bartender helps the Sheriff push a couple tables together so there is enough room for everyone. The negotiator for the Black Market stares at Gummi a bit longer than would be normal. Everyone sits down on a combination of long wood benches and a few simple dining chairs. The server brings a pitcher of water and a pitcher of beer and more than enough glasses to go around. Each table has a blue checked table cloth with a few stains. By habit, the server pours the Sheriff a cup of coffee, and he says, "Anyone one else?"

At George's request, one pie--a tart apple pie with a strong seasoning of cinnamon--gets set on the table with serving utensils and a stack of plates. She places a couple pies on a tray and heads outside. Which group will end up with the tasty goodness is unclear, since the young woman has no information to go on.

Gummi leans against the wall and just listens. The two enforcers take up a similar position leaning against the bar. Sitting in a chair the negotiator immediately asserts his authority and ties to claim control of the situation. "Please everyone sit down. We're here for a friendly talk, so of course partake in these wonderful looking pies. Sheriff you know we always appreciate your hospitality."

What are you doing?

Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)

Murder Hobos:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 am
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

George smiles at the pie in genuine delight, and makes a show of getting on the radio. "Mercy, I'm sendin' you out some pies. Wave to the nice lady and have her pass 'em out among our guests." Then, leaving the radio back on 'Send', he nods and cuts the pie, offering it around to the fine gentlemen across the table. "Well, now--as I'm the newcomer, here, I think I should just listen for a spell, so I can better understand the situation."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Gorgeous George wrote:
George smiles at the pie in genuine delight, and makes a show of getting on the radio. "Mercy, I'm sendin' you out some pies. Wave to the nice lady and have her pass 'em out among our guests." Then, leaving the radio back on 'Send', he nods and cuts the pie, offering it around to the fine gentlemen across the table. "Well, now--as I'm the newcomer, here, I think I should just listen for a spell, so I can better understand the situation."

Jessica breaks in clearly nervous and breathing hard. George, something is not right here. They are moving behind their vehicle, I know the black market. They are here for a reason, they don't just show up out of the blue. They have to be planning something... We need to strike first... Strike now. I am not a murderer, but I have a feeling, either we run them out now or we will be in a fight for our lives." Jessica checks her scopes, and having locked in aims the boom gun at the black market members scurrying arround the vehicle.

Notice 1d8 (2) wild 1d6 (3)

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Negative, Jess. Just hold position. Yeah, it's maddening, darlin', but we gotta play by the rules we want to see established."

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 6
Notice Die 1d8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 (1)

Hawdore's first inclination is to take a seat at the table next to the Sheriff but he wasn't hungry and didn't think he could provide any meaningful assistance to the coming talks. Instead he makes his way across the room, his armor's servos whining quietly against the quiet clamor of the diner to stand next to the newcomer called Gummy. Cradling his TX-50 in one arm he leans over and quietly introduces himself to the newcomer. "How do you do, miss. My name is Hawdore. The arrival of you and the other Legionaries here today was most fortunate. I have heard many good things about the Legion which is even more impressive given how young an organization it is. I hope your Gorgeous George will be able to work things out satisfactorily."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Ferrax 'watches' the to thugs go after the Glitter Boy's PA cut through the relative calm. "Thanks for the help guys, I think that announcement is my cue to seek cover. Stay safe!" He calls to the departing soldiers.

Moving off the street again he sends out a message over the frequency Hawdore had given him for the 4th, "Friend of Hawdore here, be careful. They've got reinforcements close." he then goes on to share the details he's learned so far. The batteries, their search, willingness to burn Sherrif, and that they're working with more senior management than usual. Finally he ends with one request, "Mind the big metal bugs and drake, they're friends of mine."

Conditions:
  • None
Active Powers/Effects:
Edges:

Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Carlos moves closer to the Glitter Boy, riding his Ostrasaurus, "Hopefully you have external speakers on when not shooting. Our Blue Friends say that others like these people took some of their friends captive. It seems likely they will wish to take more, which means they will need to attack us to try to get to them. Be prepared."

He takes out his sling, it probably looks harmless but he charges it with his magic, if Jessica acknowledges his message, he will move back to far enough away not to be harmed if she uses her Boom Gun and gets ready to throw at anyone who tries to attack her (or him).

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)Wild Card 1d6 (3)

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Carlos wrote:
Carlos moves closer to the Glitter Boy, riding his Ostrasaurus, "Hopefully you have external speakers on when not shooting. Our Blue Friends say that others like these people took some of their friends captive. It seems likely they will wish to take more, which means they will need to attack us to try to get to them. Be prepared."

He takes out his sling, it probably looks harmless but he charges it with his magic, if Jessica acknowledges his message, he will move back to far enough away not to be harmed if she uses her Boom Gun and gets ready to throw at anyone who tries to attack her (or him).

OOC Comments
NoticeOriginal post: 1d8 (1)Wild CardOriginal post: 1d6 (3)

Sweet Silver, this is going to end badly. We got to get GG out of that diner. Its a trap! "Mercy drop the beans, you got to get GG out of that diner. Drive Mark in if you have too. The Black Market are here for the blue skins." Jessica aims her boom gun at the black market convoy. She clicks on her comms trying to reach GG, "George, they are just stalling. They are here for the blue skinned Dbees... Mercy is coming in hot. Six seconds and counting until boom." Is anyone still mucking arround my head? Six seconds until we take out those black market guys, hold off Melee until the initial salvo and radio me your location afterward. Jessica nods at Carlos, and gives him a thumbs up. He can hear over her speakers, her soft muted voice counting down from six... Assuming Mercy goes in Mark blazing Jessica fires into the black company going for the guys milling arround one of their main vehicles. Am I a murdering hobo?

Skills:

• Glitter Boy.

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hawdore frowns as Ferrax reports what he overheard from the Black Marketeers. I must warn everyone quickly. I hope this works. Closing his eyes and concentrating Hawdore extends his mind to touch all of his new allies at once to link them in mutual communication. His face serene the world around him fades a little into the background as he focuses on his task.

Exalted Telepathy
Connecting Jessica, Gorgeous George, Gummy, Ferrax and Simba. Haven't "met" Mercy or Carlos yet so they aren't connected. Per Exalted Telepathy I should be able to connect to any allied mind within a mile without a roll. At -2 to all rolls while maintaining a telepathic switchboard between all members.
"Please do not react to this communication if possible. This is Hawdore and I felt that I needed to relay information to all involved as quickly as possible. Jessica, Gorgeous George, Gummy, Ferrax and Simba you should now all be able to communicate with each other and myself for as long as I can maintain this link. Ferrax tells me he overheard members of the Black Market group speaking of reinforcements nearby so beware of any tricks. They seem to be after some sort of batteries and are willing to go to great lengths to get it. I will maintain this link for as long as I can."

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 12/20

Edges

Hindrances

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:51 am

Simba is tracking the two telepathic discussion he is involved in, while fighting sleep, and is concerned about the glitter boy shooting its main weapon.

Why am I concerned? I'm forgetting something. What is it?

Simba will continue to watch over the Black Market guys and be ready to act all the while trying to remember why he should be concerned about the Glitter Boy.

OOC Comments

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Ah, hell, this is going seven shades of tits-up in a sandstorm.

George takes a deep breath, and stands up. His words are simultaneously being broadcast over the radio and telepathically, even as he speaks so everyone in the diner can hear him. "Jess, this is an order--do NOT engage unless someone else shoots first, or I tell you otherwise. Mercy, stand down, NOW. Same orders. He looks to the men across the table. So, it seems you've got reinforcements on the way, and this is just a delaying tactic. It's blown, you've got three choices. Me and my people are going to leave this town--including those people I didn't know were mine until we got here, like Hawdore, here. We're taking the blue guys with us. Now, if you want to be smart, you'll just let that happen, on the principle that it's going to cost you more to try and take the blue guys from us than it's worth to capture them. If you're stubborn, you'll wait til we're gone, wait til your back-up arrives, then come and try to get us on the open road, leaving the sheriff here and his town to be about their lives, no worse for wear. Then you catch up to us on the road, and we all settle this the old-fashioned way, which I'd prefer to avoid, but at least I can understand business. If you're stupid, you'll try to stop us from leaving right now, before you're at full strength, and with a high chance of getting both the townsfolk AND your 'batteries' involved in the crossfire. That'd mean a bunch of pissed off locals using what weapons they got to take revenge on you, and you risk killing the loot--neither one's good for business. Decisions on you, mate."

With that, he turns, calmly, motioning for Hawdore and Gummy to follow, and walks for the door--really, really hoping these men aren't stupid.

Notice 5, Persuasion 13
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 11 (5)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace Wild Persuasion, including prior result 1d6+12 = 13 (1)

Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)

Grackletooth Body-Fixer
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Small, Pacifist

Hospitalers
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 pm
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Unaware of the conversation going on by radio, Khar-loez rides back to near the blue d-bees...and far enough away not to be hurt when the Boom Gun fires. He keeps his eyes open and tries to listen to the environment...which is made difficult by the various nearby technolgies. If the Black Market is going to be after our allies here, they are going to need some kind of defense. Possibly he can craft something that will work, but for it to work right it is not going to be one of these one shot devices, but rather a full blown ecowizard invention that they can use their own magic to fuel.

Something like that, is going to take the right materials...

OOC Comments
His mind is off on a tangent just now

Notice 1d8 (1), Wild Notice 1d6 (6) Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (4)

In case any enemies come in range: Shooting 1d4 (3), Wild Shooting 1d6 (2)

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2