View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:08 pm



Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 How Does It Start? 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Khar-loez obviously does not want any of the Bodkil weapons, and is just as glad to stay out of town for now.

He comments, "While you can come and get us if things go well, perhaps we should consider a signal of some sort if things go badly?"

He does not have a radio...and even if he did it is possible to jam one.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
"Not a bad idea. If we need you to come in hot, I'll shoot the laser straight up in the air. If it's just a friendly approach, the radio should be just fine for me to make the call."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos nods his understanding, it seems a reasonable signal...hopefully no one else in town will be shooting into the air and confusing things.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice Ambushes 22 total
Notice 1d8 (8) Ace 1d8 (8) Ace 1d8 (6) Wild 1d6 (2)


Jessica Bronze stomps over putting the excess Brodkill gear into Tiny.
Acknowledging GG she says, " Gotcha GG, I'll be way over there. Looks like those dead red guys had a nice plasma ejector and a few vibro blades, along with several laser rifles. I'll lug the plasma weapon around as a good back up." She cocks the suits head listening into the conversation about a signal. " Oh I think you will be able to hear the signal just fine... I get not liking towns, I hate them too. The last one we were at would have been better off if we had not even shown up." Jessica Bronze directs the suit to point at the yonder town, she sighs, " In this line of work, we all go outside of our comfort zones. If we all stick with what we find comfortable the better Tomorrow will never come." Jessica stops out to Mercy, but she turns the head of the suit one last time, " But in all honesty I would only stick 500ft or so behind the group. Any farther back you might not be able to reach us if we needed your help."

" Mercy save me some beans!" Once she has her fill of beans Jessica Bronze moves the suit off to the side about 100 ft where she watches vigilantly for any ambushes. What were in those beans? Its like the world is so clear, I can see the wings of a flie and hear the soft beating of the birds flying over head...

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5)
Not sure if there’s enough dust to invoke a -2 from Storm Fouled Senses, if not rolls are at +2 due to Awareness.

Like the others Ferrax hears the whine of the hovercycles, though the actual vehicles and the associated dust cloud are too far away for him to ‘see’. Preferring to keep the his unique method of perception (and uncomfortable comparisons) he follows along with Hawdore, Simba, and the Sherrif. When Simba takes flight he looks to the Sherrif, ”Are you expecting anyone, or is this cause for concern?” Once the approaching vehicles close, Ferrax will do what he can to gather details.

_________________
Ferrax Inaros
Shifter
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3


Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1800 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TROUBLE TOWN Everyone, YAY!
A few minutes go by and the dust settles as the various groups come to a halt. The convoy ahead of the 4th is fairly large, and a little scary. Both the group within the town with the sheriff and the 4th settled just down the road. The two motorcycles move ahead and block the road from the north. Two of the hover bikes take up a similar position to the south of the convoy. The Big Boss ATVs are lined up about thirty feet apart between the two guards. The remaining hover bikes gain a bit of altitude and do lazy circles around the block.

The passenger door of the lead big boss opens up, and a tall human man wearing western-styled body armor, helmet in hand, steps out onto the road. Behind him from the other ATV, two other people step out, humanoids in full EBA, carrying rifles of some kind. Another hops out, more casually than the others but with an air of authority, and he are also in EBA, but like the other guy, helmet off. He carries a large rifle easily in one hand.

"Where's the sheriff? he shouts.

In Mark, Mercy is so excited about her beans, she forgot to take them out of the can, and the can explodes in the microwave. The sparks and flames are very pretty, but the beans are hot and taste horrible.

From his position, Simba sees more metal men, but some of them don't have metal heads. They all look completely different than the metal men he just destroyed. They are shouting about something.

Carlos keeps his distance, but can clearly make out multiple technology wielding beings exit the vehicles.

What Jessica notices, above all the other details, may or may not be important. All of the gear that these people are using are either Black Market originals or Black Market knock-offs. Even the bikes and ATVs aren't originals.

Ferrax can easily count the convoy members, even tell what's armored and what's not. When he questions the Sheriff, the Sheriff responds, "Well, this day could probably not be going worse."

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (1)
Hawdore puts his helmet back on and sighs. "This is quite the interesting town you have here Sheriff," he says calmly as he checks his weapon and targeting systems. "I owe you a great deal, however, so whatever happens here I'll back you a hundred and ten percent."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Hobo Joe wrote:

The passenger door of the lead big boss opens up, and a tall human man wearing western-styled body armor, helmet in hand, steps out onto the road. Behind him from the other ATV, two other people step out, humanoids in full EBA, carrying rifles of some kind. Another hops out, more casually than the others but with an air of authority, and he are also in EBA, but like the other guy, helmet off. He carries a large rifle easily in one hand.

"Where's the sheriff? he shouts.

What are you doing?


Oh man, is this the black market? If it is its best not to ruffle too many feathers. Carol always said they were a valuable ally. Jessica moves about 50" away from the ATV group and turns on her loud speaker, " WHAT DO YOU NEED THE SHERIFF FOR? IF IT IS HELP YOU REQUIRE PERHAPS WE CAN ASSIST YOU."
Jessica Bronze turns the suits head slightly when she catches sight of the bat. Mercy, those beans did something to my eyes, I think I see some kind of bat...

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George pulls up closer to the cluster of riders, slowing down as he gets near, and raising his voice as he speaks into his armor's speakers. "Pardon me, good fellows, but you seem to be blocking access to the town, here, and we kinda need to do business here. That said, I'm sure you've got good reasons for what you're doin' here, too. As my lady friend in the shiny suit with the big cannon says, perhaps we can assist you in some way so this all ends peaceable-like? Perhaps I could have a word with the man in charge?"

Notice 9, Persuasion 12
Notice 1d4 (4)
Notice Ace 1d4 (4)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)
Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (3)

Persuasion 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Rolls carried over...

Hawdore's tenses as someone start's speaking over some sort of PA system. Now what? When he sees the speaker it is all he can do not to drop his rail gun. "A Glitter Boy? Here?!?" The day just a whole lot better I think. Or a whole lot worse.

"Well my friends I didn't think the day could get more interesting but things seem to finally be turning in our favor with any luck. I'd suggest we let these newcomers handle negotiations for the moment and see how things go from there." With that Hawdore firms his grip on his gun and while keeping it pointed at the ground remains ready to bring the weapon to bear as needed.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 38
Location: 1st SET (Legion)
Reply with quote
Things are tense. What will happen?

The hatch opens on Mark and Mercy pops up.

Looking at those assembled out side of Mark she grins ear to ear. "Hi!"

In full EBA, only her head (and MoM implants) showing she climbs up out of Mark.

Looking down at those assembled, she grins widely.

Holding up gift bags she says, "Friends? I come bearing gifts!"

Tossing the bags down near the .. others .. Mercy climbs out of Mark and uses her mind powers to put Smite on her weapon.

With a huge smile she looks down at the others, "Friends? Right?"


Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Rolls carried over...

The sound of metal on metal can be heard among the group in town as Hawdore smacks his armored gauntlet into his helmeted head as he watches another of the newcomers climb out of their vehicle and begin throwing some kind of small objects in the direction of the most recent intruders to this town. "What...?" he stammers, "Who...?" Recovering he shakes his head and sighs yet again, "This day is getting weirder by the minute. I don't know about anyone else but I am going to need a very large drink when this is over. Assuming I'm still alive, of course."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos can not tell one type of technology from another by feel, all he can tell is there is a lot of technology in that caravan. Still, that does not mean the people are unfriendly.

It does not look like Coalition, he has seen how they style things and this is certainly not that. Aside from that, he can not really tell.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild Card 1d6 (1)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Jessica Bronze keeps her slightly used plasma ejector at her side, not drawn. She does not dig in either. I really hope they listen to GG, Demons is one thing, but this would be something else. Over the comms she radios, I think these guys might be with the blackmarket or maybe have strong ties to them. Be careful GG. Mercy they might think the gifts are grenades..." Oh man, what if they are????!!!! Jessica Bronze swivels her head around to see what Carlos is doing. Nothing I can do about warning him now... I wonder if some one can make an organic radio? Jessica focuses her attention on the group of folks in front of her, she checks her radar and thermals, looking for any signs of duplicity.
Notice any signs of attack or ambush, total 5
Notice 1d8 (5) Wild 1d6 (5)

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Simba is flying above and sees the second group of people behind the first group. This just gets better. Who are these other people? They seem to be shinny. Simba will fly cautiously to avoid heavy weapons and see if he can tell they are part of some larger group, hell if they are apart of the Legion that he is expecting.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Rolls carried over...

Telepathy 7
Psionics Die 1d10 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
-1 Bennie to Reroll

Psionics Die 1d10 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
Initially listed it as Exalted Telepathy since an opposed roll wasn't required then I remembered I was not a Master Psionic yet. :P
Feeling the need to do something to gather more information on what is going on Hawdore concentrates and reaching out with his mind he makes contact with the Glitter Boy in the distance. Greetings honored warrior, I am Hawdore of the Trimadore and I am communicating to you from within the town. If you could give me some idea of you and your companions intentions here regarding this other group of strangers and the town I would be most grateful. I will maintain the link and you may respond in kind. If it helps just talk to vocalize your thoughts and I will hear you.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Jessica Bronze shakes the head of her suit finding the sudden telepathic conversation, while not threatening, unsettling.
Trimadore, one of those gangly D-bees dad was going on and on about. He always said just one needed to visit Silver Bliff and the suit would be good as new. Finding her mind drifting she focuses in on replying to the Hawdore.
" I am part of a community out reach team... The 4th from the Tomorrow Legion. The friendly gracklytooth, and the crazy bearing gifts are part of the team as well. I am Jessica, and they are respectfully George and Mercy. We mean only goodwill to the people of this town. The group looking for your sheriff maybe from the black market. Please find out if the sheriff wishes us to intervine directly." To emphasize her point she holds up a peace sign, two split fingers, towards the town.

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
"Thank you Jessica, I will relay your offer to the Sheriff. I'm sure he'll be glad for any assistance you and your team can provide. Besides myself and the Sheriff there are two other magic practitioners that have offered to stand with us."

Turning to his companions Hadore relays his telepathic conversation with the distant Glitter Boy. "It appears we have additional allies, Sheriff should they be needed. A Glitter Boy is one powerful negotiating tool with anyone looking to be aggressive."

Returning to his mental conversation with Jessica, "While I think of it should you see a bat like creature take to the skies, please don't shoot it. [Mental chuckle] That is one of the companions I was telling you about. I am not familiar with the race but he's come to the assistance of the town once already. I hope fighting will not be necessary but we are glad you are there if it all goes in the fire. If you have a radio frequency that we could use for more standard communication I can pass it along to the Sheriff and we can coordinate more effectively."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
We are here to help. If trouble does start, It is imperative any melee combatants inform me of their location. I will not kill more innocents. I beleive our frequency is... If you contact our group leader as gorgeous he will know you as an ally." Jessica checks her scopes and radar pannel.... So far so good... I knew I saw a bat!

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Notice 5 --- Spellcasting 5 --- Spellcasting 9
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3), Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Spellcasting Iron Drake 1d10 (5), Wild 1d6 (3)

Spellcasting Lash Bug 1d10 (3), Wild 1d6 (2), Extra Effort 1d6 (1)
Spellcasting Lash Bug reroll 1d10 (3), Wild 1d6 (4), Extra Effort 1d6 (5)


-2 Bennies

Looking to the Sherrif Ferrax just shrugs as he steps to the side and ducks into . ”That just means there’s plenty of room for improvement.” He says with a smirk, ducking into an alley to stay out of sight of their new arrivals. ”If this goes bad, you’ll have more friends to help than they can account for.” Once again he rapidly moves through a series of gestures and draws upon his personal reserves of energy. Reality shatters again, though rather than a dark frozen landscape the land beyond is a vast windswept desert. Mammoth spires, twisted by the heat mirage are buffeted by a metallic sand carried on the gusts. Swooping out of the sky, a beast like a dragon if it was coated in metal armored plates, drops through the tear in dimensions just before it closes.
Iron Drake
Image
Bound entity, no spellcasting roll as far as I can tell.

The creature is easily large enough to carry Ferrax, though the fact that it attains flight at all is amazing. ”You say the word and I’ll do what I can to keep you and yours safe.” Running through the motions again a ‘forest’ of silver trees and cabled vines is revealed in the alley on the opposite side of the street. Several six legged monstrosities skitter out, a long oblong body with a dimly glowing eye and a long barbed tail rest atop the spider like legs.
Lash Bug
Image

_________________
Ferrax Inaros
Shifter
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3


Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice Die 1d8 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)


"Thank you Jessica I will contact...Gorgeous? as soon as possible to coordinate. I can't tell you how glad I am to have a Glitter Boy to help defend this town should things go sideways. Hopefully, though, it will not come to that. I look forward to buying you and your friends a drink when this is all over. Until we meet in person, good bye." with that Hawdore closes his mental connection to the distant Glitter Boy.

Witnessing the arrival Ferrax's creatures Hawdore calls over to him, "Very nice, Ferrax just try to keep your creatures under cover. We do not want to provoke a fight in the middle of town if we can avoid it."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1805 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

OLD FRIENDS
The Black Market group did not expect this welcome, that is for sure. The Glitter Boy especially was surprising.

"Sheriff, these weren't the friends we were supposed to meet." the speaker says, still walking down the street, but his gun hovers between threatening and peaceful. The observant and those with people skills pickup on this and correctly interpret that he is not as confident as he is trying to be.

The Sheriff responds to Hawdore, but still ignores the oncoming negotiator. "I am thankful for your help. I think these guys had something to do with the CS boys."

With Jessica's announcement, two of the hover bikes peel off and start a circuit around the Glitter Boy. Nothing too offensive, but definitely wary. The man in charge reacts to the COT as well, turning and staring down the street towards Gorgeous George. He lowers the gun, in a steadily neutral condition. "And who might you be to discuss with honest traders like us?"

Thankfully that relationship was established before Mercy started throwing small packages out of her vehicle. The guards in the convoy turn their focus from the town to the 4th.

That is of course until skittering beasts from beyond pull their attention back towards Ferrax. But their confusion keeps the situation from degenerating.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George's smile shows ALL of his teeth, but his tone is still steady and even friendly when he speaks. "Well, I'm Gorgeous George, and we are the 4th Community Outreach Team of the Tomorrow Legion, out of Castle Refuge. That community just yonder is, in fact, one of the ones we're supposed to be reaching out to, kind of what it says on the tin, you know? You say you're traders, well, that's delightful. Always good to see honest commerce in action. And what sort of business will you be doing with the sheriff today?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Simba is flying around keeping an eye on the situation. Seeing the lead group break up causes Simba to question that the lead group may not be associated with the 2nd group. When the two bikes start circling the Glitter Boy, Simba is pretty certain that they don't work with each other. I can't tell who works for who, but those vehicles are vulturing the Shiny one. If I remember, the Legion uses the shiny ones. Well, regardless, the bikes are not being friendly. I don't think the shiny one can last long with two fast and nimble opponent. Simba positions himself to fly down and blast one of the bikes.

With the bikes circling the Glitter Boy, Simba is assured that they are not at least friendly. Simba sees the person speaking for both groups, and is betting that the one in the lead would not be on his side. Simba activates his Mass Understanding and reaches out to the Glitter Boy Pilot and the speaker of the 3rd group.

"Please do not be alarmed. I do not wish to alarm you. I am communicating directly to your thoughts, and I am speaking with the one in the shiny robot and the one that is speaking for your group. My name is Simba. I came here from the Tomorrow Legion and am looking for the 4th Community Outreach team.
"

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos stands next to his ostrasaurus, about thirty meters back and to the left of the Glitter boy, someone trying to flank his ally on this side will be within range of his own attack, hopefully. They are likely to underestimate him, since his weapons look primitive. He prefers it that way.

He pats his steed, "Easy there boy, we are not ready to fight yet."

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)Wild re-roll 1d6 (2)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George blinks as he hears a voice in his head, but relaxes as the message seems friendly enough. He attempts to return-send his thoughts. Uh, this think on? Okay, then, I'm Gorgeous George, current commander of the 4th COT. So, you found us. Nice to meet you, Simba. I take it you're inside the town? Do you have any idea what these riders want with the town's sheriff? I'd prefer not to have a violent incident here, but I'm also not about to let the local authorities get bushwhacked over some 'business' deal gone south, neither. But I would appreciate it if we could get through this without any gunplay if we can avoid it--we've got a caravan cart full of civvies here.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Simba is relieved that he finally found the 4th. "I'm actually orbiting the shiny one right now to help with the two vehicles just in case. As to your question, I don't have an answer to that. It does seem odd that they showed up so soon after the metallic men showed up. The metallic men was here just this morning. They held up the sheriff and my new friend Hawdore. Would showing them where the bodies of the Metallic men and their equipment help?"

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George isn't quite certain how to take that one. "Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Quote:
"Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"


Simba is slightly confused. He has not heard of Mechanoid, but he is somewhat familiar with Combat 'borgs. The best example he has is of Timothy Hernandez of the 1st SET. His opinion is of 'borgs is not one of the highest, due to his natural magic capabilities, as well as the rumors of Timothy's attitude.

"Um no. The metallic men that are what you would call humans. They do not like anything not like them. The suits are black and white. They seem to be part of a much larger tribe."

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:07 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Hawdore watches Simba flying around above the 4th COT and hopes that Jessica was able to pass along the message to her comrades not to shoot at the bat like creature. That being is entirely too reckless, he's going to get himself killed or worse, someone else.

To the leader of the newcomers Hawdore calls out "If you would care to tell us who exactly you are looking for, sir, perhaps we can help you. There has only been one other group here today and they left rather abruptly and to the best of my knowledge told no one where they were going. If those were the people you are looking for then I think you are aware that they would not be inclined to tell someone like me of their intentions." All technically true but lets hope they don't probe too deeply into that statement. I am a Mechanic, not a diplomat. Let's hope the leader of yon Legion unit can convince these people to play nice.

Hawdore gestures back to the 4th COT, "perhaps it would be best if you negotiated with the Legion unit behind you. I assure you no one here is looking to start a conflict." As long as no one panics and starts shooting I think this can be resolved without any further casualties. Or property damage.

All the same Hawdore keeps a firm grip on his rail gun. He has no intention of starting this fight but he's perfectly willing to end it if it comes to that.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
Simba wrote:
Quote:
"Uh.... Metallic men. You mean, like those Mechanoids a few years back? Or you talking about a buncha combat 'borgs, or what?"


Simba is slightly confused. He has not heard of Mechanoid, but he is somewhat familiar with Combat 'borgs. The best example he has is of Timothy Hernandez of the 1st SET. His opinion is of 'borgs is not one of the highest, due to his natural magic capabilities, as well as the rumors of Timothy's attitude.

"Um no. The metallic men that are what you would call humans. They do not like anything not like them. The suits are black and white. They seem to be part of a much larger tribe."


George responds in his head. "Ah, okay, that's the Cee-Ess, short for Coalition States. Yeah, they come around these--wait. They're dead? He thinks quickly, wishing again the unit's original commander was still alive. Do not, under any circumstance, advertise that fact at this point. If these guys had some kinda deal going with the CS and you killed their contacts, they're gonna be mighty pissed. Just let 'em see if they can be steered away from town."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Jessica Bronze tilts her head once again as she comes under the assault of another telepathic contact. Ok so there are two friendlies out there. Greetings Simba, I think George is right. Best not to give the black market thugs a reason to resort to gun play. Jessica Bronze unhooks her plasma ejector holding it in one hand at her side as non threatening as possible. Over the groups comms she says, " GG, I would like to give something a try... I am not unknown in some black market circles. I owe them a debt, perhaps I could try to see if there is something I can do to help pay it down..." . Jessica's voice trails off as she is unsure if that would even work.

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:24 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George considers. "You probably wanna hold off on that one, Jess. After all, if they're here for trouble, they might try to collect by asking you to switch sides. Not that I think you would, but refusing would have its own consequences. Now, if we get things settled first, then I got no problem seeing if we can take the opportunity to get you out from under, too."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Quote:
"Do not, under any circumstance, advertise that fact at this point. If these guys had some kinda deal going with the CS and you killed their contacts, they're gonna be mighty pissed. Just let 'em see if they can be steered away from town."


Simba is still trying to understand how these different people work together. "The only people who know this are you, the shiny one, the sheriff, myself, my friend hawdore and everyone in town. I appologize, but I do not know everyone's name."

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Using the radio frequency given to him by Jessica, Hawdore attempt to raise the Legion team leader on the radio. "Hello, I am attempting to speak to the leader of the 4th COT. I was given this frequency by the Glitter Boy pilot known as Jessica. My name is Hawdore of the Trimadore and I am currently in the town you are currently parked outside of. I am with the town Sheriff as well as two others of notable magical power. As a matter of fact one of those beings is currently flying around above you. I'm afraid I do not know his race but his name is Simba if that helps. Please be aware that it is our intention to defend this town if need be but we would prefer not to start a fight if we can avoid it. Unfortunately, none of us are skilled at negotiation. I have made request to the leader of the force between us that he negotiate with your team in your capacity as Legion representatives. I do have further information but hesitate to discuss it over an open comm frequency. Please respond."

Hawdore turns to his companions, "I am currently attempting to make radio contact with the Legion unit just outside of town. Perhaps they can help negotiate with these people and resolve whatever issue they may have with the town before things get out of hand."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:30 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George responds immediately. "Good to make your acquaintance, Hawdore. I'm Gorgeous George, of the 4th COT of the Legion. I'm the one on the oversized hoverbike with the big red cross on my armor. I believe one of your allies has already briefed me on those 'other matters' you mention, so I think I'm up to speed at the moment, except of course for knowing what these fellows surrounding the town want with the sheriff. I do believe you and I are aligned in preferring to see this matter come to a peaceable resolution--we've got a caravan cart full of civvies out here, and I don't want them getting caught in the crossfire. I'm a pretty skilled negotiator, so hopefully we can talk these fellows down from being too hasty in their decisions. And don't you worry--if it does come to shooting, all of us will make certain to keep our shots well clear of the town and its defenders."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:27 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Hawdore wrote:
"Very nice, Ferrax just try to keep your creatures under cover. We do not want to provoke a fight in the middle of town if we can avoid it."

Notice 21
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Ace Skill 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace Wild 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace Skill 2 1d6+14 = 19 (5); Ace Wild 2 1d6+14 = 20 (6); Ace Wild 3 1d6+20 = 21 (1)

Ferrax shrugs to Hawdore and smirks at the thug in the street when his creatures are exposed. ’I’m guessing it’s a show of strength that’s going to keep these guys honest.’ The lash bugs swarm around the alley, crawling up the walls and over the roof on either side.

Deciding to take advantage of the fact that he isn’t the one talking he slips his armor’s breathing system on and keys his armor’s radio to Hawdore’s channel. ”I’m more than a little interested in hearing the Sheriff finally answer. I came late to the party, but there’s familiarity here that he isn’t sharing. Safety of the town is obviously of paramount importance, but we should tread carefully.”

_________________
Ferrax Inaros
Shifter
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3


Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1807 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

A STRANGER PASSED THIS WAY
Silence can be difficult to bear, even for mere seconds, when the next words could vastly alter the situation. The black market spokesman seems to be caught in the same dilemma as the George. He appears to have a quiet radio call himself, while his eyes are clearly tracking the other groups. It seems to be the brief image of the skittering bugs disappearing into the alley that sways his decision.

"Very well, we have our own business with the Sheriff, and we may as well have a discussion with your group. The Tomorrow Legion is only vaguely known to my associates. It may be beneficial to everyone to have a conversation," the spokesman says, his eyes landing on George, and not really avoiding but not really answering the grackle's questions. "If you don't mind, my two associates will join us."

The Black Market negotiator, having made a decision affects an air of control. He turns and heads down the street towards the Sheriff and Hawdore, marching down the street like he owns it. He motions for the Sheriff to lead the way into Annies. Two far more dangerous looking characters climb off the bikes or out of the truck and flank the negotiator. EBA, heavy rifles, vibroblades, chainswords, grenades, pistols, and probably some cybernetics; these are tough customers. Anyone with experience with the Black Market knows these guys are full Enforcers, not just mercenaries or city rats. That there are two of them means the negotiator is also someone above the ordinary Black Market mouthpiece.

The other hover bikes settle to the ground, the riders dismounting. They still have their weapons ready, they are parked but not relaxed. Pretty much all of them are staring at Jess. She is big and shiny.

The Sheriff is a little antsy, but only those paying attention will notice.They move towards Annies, which apparently is the best place not only for pie but also for negotiations. On the way across the street the Sheriff leans over to Hawdore and whispers quickly, "I think you should know, these guys and the CS have met in this town before. I couldn't stop them then, I had to play along. So, since then, they've kind of had me by the short hairs. Each threatening to call in more trouble if I didn't behave. We're a small outpost, and I've done my best to keep us independent, but it's a tough line to walk between the Coalition and the Black Market." He looks relieved that the 4th is going to help.

Ferrax, besides know which Black Market warrior has or has not showered, who is wearing silky drawers, which one is hungry (his stomach is grumbling) and which one is singing (an old song, a CS pop hit, from the cherished show Into the Flames), is able to hear a subvocalized conversation between the three approaching down the street. It goes something like this:

Enforcer 1: "Do we need to call for magical backup? That looks like a shifter's work"
Negotiator: "No not yet, we don't want to tip our hand."
Enforcer 1: "Are you sure they're what we're looking for?"
Enforcer 2: "Definitely sure. We haven't seen that many this far west yet."
Negotiator: "We can burn the Sheriff if we have to, but we need the batteries. Who knows where the CS assholes are. But they'd want the batteries, so who cares now."

For his part, Carlos is closest to the blue dbees and they start to become quite agitated as they see the kind of people that the 4th is dealing with in town. They are gibbering amongst themselves in quite a fervor, and even with out his universal translator, the simvan knows something is wrong.
What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 16
Notice Die 1d8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace Ace 1d6 (4)


As they walk back towards Annie's Hawdore listens carefully to the Sheriff's quiet explanation. "I understand Sheriff." he whispers back, "I have seen this many times in my travels. There are many small communities out there that are vulnerable to people such as these not to mention being pressured by forces from the CS or the Federation." Hawdore studies the so called Black Market negotiators with careful interest looking for any sign that they might be planning a double cross.

He let his eyes drift across the group looking for anything out of place before casting an eye across the surrounding buildings. He was glad things seemed to be going well and he hoped the Legion unit would be able to resolve this conflict before it has a chance to start but there was still the problem with the dead CS unit. I hope they will not insist on waiting for the CS troops to arrive since that will be a very long wait. Perhaps I should have thought to ask the Sheriff if he would have liked to deputize myself and perhaps ask about Simba and Ferrax as well. It's possible that having an official "posse" might have boosted the Sheriff's bargaining position.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Last edited by Hawdore on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos decides he should activate his translator again and find out what is bothering the blue ones. It may be very important.

He spends the 2 PP and inquires, "I can tell you are upset, can you explain why so that I can tell the others?"

If it important, he will approach one of the others and relay the information.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild Card 1d6 (1)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George nods at the Negotiator's proposal. "Lemme just make sure everyone knows what's going on." He gets on his radio. "4th COT, this is your Gorgeous leader. Gummy and I are joining our local Sheriff, a couple of travelers and the spokesman for this fine group of honorable businessmen inside the cafe for some friendly discussion. In the meantime, I want you all to stay frosty. Mercy, give the folks in the trailer some water; they're probably thirsty. You should fill in Khar-Loez on the situation, too. Jess, you just keep being your glorious self, right where you're at. I'll see about getting you all something to go while we're in there. Oh, and Jess, keep your ears on--I'll be on send-only for a bit."

And with that, he and Gummy ride into town behind the Black Market trio, parking as close as is feasible to Annie's. "Come on, Gums, let's make nice with the local color." Looking around as they go inside, he thinks to himself, Nice town. Bet it wouldn't last three minutes if things go south, here.

Inside Annie's, he sets aside those concerns, and sniffing the air, grins broadly. "Mm... Okay, that pie smells delicious. Ma'am, I've got a lotta hungry folks outside, could you maybe get several more pies started? I'll cover as many as you can get ready to go while we're talking here. I'll take a pitcher of coffee and a mug to drink out of, a big slice of the pie you've got ready, an' whatever my friend here wants."

Then he takes a seat, using his tail to pull up a chair for Gummy next to him. "Hope you good folks don't mind if I eat while we talk business; travellin's hungry work sometimes." And as he settles in, he activates his armor's radio, making sure Jess hears every word said inside the diner--just in case.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Notice: 12
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4) wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


These mid day jaunts really stink. I will have to get used to it. Not going to like it any time soon.

Simba lands on one of the buildings closer to the edge of town to keep an eye on things.

While I enjoy flying, i'm getting tired and and to be ready for anything.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Notice 15
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6); Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace N 1d6+8 = 14 (6); Ace W 1d6+8 = 13 (5); Ace N2 1d6+14 = 15 (1)

Ferrax knows he stands out as an outsider in this town...or most any town really, but he hasn’t made any signs that he’s anything more than a traveller passing through and hasn’t openly supported the opposition to the new arrivals. With a member of this Legion and Hawdore willing to meet with the negotiator he makes a quick decision and remains outside where he can keep a discreet eye on his summoned allies.

He puts some distance between himself and the new arrivals so there’s no chance they overhear him the way he did he sends a quick transmission to Hawdore they’d shared during lunch. It was almost being part of the wiping out of a CS patrol and the subsequent coverup made for paranoid bedfellows.

”Hawdore, I am going to stay outside so I can keep an eye on the man’s friends, and my own for that matter. Check in with 4 mic clicks occasionally, or just leave the channel open so I know you’re still in the clear. I think this is going to end in blood no matter what. I overheard a couple of them talking, they have back up close but have not called for it yet. They are searching for something and are convinced they have found it. They are interested in some kind of battery, and stated the CS wanted it too. It is important enough that they are willing to end their relationship with the Sheriff to get it. It did not strike me as an ending the Sheriff will enjoy.”

As his conversation concludes he walks continues his walk, allowing it to take him naturally back into the main street. He openly approaches the two enforcers he overheard, he raises his right arm in front of him and places it palm out on his left shoulder and drops it back to his side. It’s a common enough greeting equivalent to a polite wave for him, but probably looks exceptionally awkward to the goons. ”I do not mean to be a distraction, but I am at a loss for what is happening. I was passing through, resting here for a few days before continuing on. Is whatever these outsiders are doing going to cause me troubles?”
Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 5 (1); Wild 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Rolling Persuasion since he’s stretching the truth pretty thin there. Everything is basically true except not knowing any of the outsiders.

_________________
Ferrax Inaros
Shifter
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3


Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice Die 1d8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)
Notice Die Ace 1d8 (1)

As everyone files into the diner Hawdore listens as Ferrax fills him in on his intentions to remain outside and keep an eye on things. Moving off to the side Hawdore replies quietly. "An excellent idea, Ferrax. I will keep comms open if I can so you can listen in as convenient. If things go really bad I'll try to network in all the town's defenders in a telepathic net. Rapid and secure communications may provide our best chance at success in that regard. I'll keep you posted. Speaking of communication keep an eye out for that fellow Simba. If it all falls apart you may be the only one in a position to warn him in time given his apparent difficulty communicating. Hawdore Clear."

Rejoining the others Hawdore removes his helmet and tucks it under his arm before introducing himself to Gorgeous George. "Uh, Gorgeous George? Hello, my name is Hawdore and I believe we have spoken over the radio just recently." Gesturing with is free hand to the Sheriff, "and this is Sheriff... heh, I just realized Sheriff that I've never asked you your name."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
The Grackletooth takes Hawdore's (comparatively) small hand in his own big mitt, which is surprisingly gentle. "Pleasure to finally meet you face to face, Hawdore. Once business here is finished, I'd like very much to talk to you about some work I suspect is right up your line." His voice is a deep, rumbling purr, soothing in a way you wouldn't expect from a Grackle.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Jessica Bronze, hits GG over the radio before he enters, " Rodger that GG, moving to a place they can better see my shiney suit." Jessica directs the GB to clunk over to a good spot about 500ft away from the group of black market vehicles. Jessica hits the brown button digging in. Then aims the boom gun at the cadre of black market vehicles. Ok, time to get GG's back She hits the loud speaker, " ATTENTION BLACK MARKET IF ANY VEHICLES SHOULD BE STARTED PRIOR TO THE MEETING ENDING THEY AND THEIR OCCUPANTS WILL BE MET WITH FORCE, IF THAT GRACKLETOOTH DOES NOT COME OUT YOU WILL BE MET WITH FORCE. STAY CALM AND BREATHE EASY. A RESOLUTION THAT BENIFITS ALL WILL BE REACHED." Oh man, this can go sooo bad Jessica! Jessica Bronze gives her radar a quick glance to make sure no invisible foes or attackers are sneaking up behind her. She draws her silvered sword in her off hand just incase.

move to 100 inches away from BM vehicles, ready boom gun and draw argent, notice 11
Move to a firing distance of 500ft
Notice using GB sensor suite: 1d8 (1) Wild 1d6 (6)Ace 1d6 (5)

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


Simba is standing on the top of one of the buildings dozing off when the Glitter boys announcement startles him. What? Were? O right, the machine men and the 4th. O these light missions are brutal. What's happening now? Simba looks around to make sure nothing changed. Nope, no changes.
Still a meeting going on.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1820 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

CATCH AS CATCH CAN
Despite the vicious look of Carlos, the blue people are happy to have him approach, and are overjoyed that he is apparently speaking to them in their own language. The same one, probably, that was the spokesperson before motions to the Black Market vehicles, his hand quivering a little as he points. He says, "Creatures like those captured some of us! Don't let them take us!"

"My friend, and I mean that, Hawdore, but Sheriff is fine for now." the Sheriff responds, his eyes sad despite the smile on his face. Hawdore is no student of human expression, but he's been around enough of them and his innate empathy both tell him that the Sheriff is telling the truth and indeed is pained by not telling Hawdore right now.

From his perch, Simba watches as the lizard-guy approaches the blue people. They have a lively conversation with much emphatic pointing towards the "traders" settled in the town's main street. He notices also that the lizard man rides another, larger lizard thing, a dinosaur maybe. But the really interesting observation is that the lizard man has absolutely no metal or other discernible technology on himself or on his mount.

Ferrax can tell the two guards look at each other before they turn to answer him. They also subvocalize to each other--something Ferrax has no problem hearing--and seem to come to the conclusion that they will answer him. The one to Ferrax's left does the talking, but Ferrax can hear the other guard's helmet bend and bob as he agrees with his partner. The guard answers, "We aren't here for trouble, just doing our job and meeting who we're supposed to meet. Now if we find out these people are getting in the way, I can't say what will happen. The big boss does things different than our normal leader."

It's then that Jessica's PA enhanced warning comes over the speakers. Both guards react by spinning around towards the source of the sound. They knew the Glitter Boy was out there, but now that it's identified itself as a threat, they're interest is tactical instead of just curiosity. The "talker" subvocalizes the the "nodder", "Make sure the boss knows this GB is with them." The nodder relays the message to the boss while the talker alerts the other guards, "Hey boss, the GB is part of the team and seems to want to shoot if given an excuse."

The response is too quiet for even Ferrax to hear, but the talker's response is clear: Roger boss, moving into position. If Ferrax could see, he'd know the guards throw him a dirty look, but instead he just hears them split apart and walking on either side of the large vehicle.

Out a few hundred feet away, but well within her area of destruction, Jessica locks into the ground. That maneuver in and of itself sends an additional tremor of fear through the Black Market goons. Few weapons can touch a Glitter Boy. And a Glitter Boy with a sword is just more scary, their lack of short range power is normally a weak spot. A sword is a force multiplier and so a game changer. When she's settled, she can see a few of the guards moving, but they are not taking anything like offensive action, just moving about the main Black Market vehicle.

Inside Annie's the bartender helps the Sheriff push a couple tables together so there is enough room for everyone. The negotiator for the Black Market stares at Gummi a bit longer than would be normal. Everyone sits down on a combination of long wood benches and a few simple dining chairs. The server brings a pitcher of water and a pitcher of beer and more than enough glasses to go around. Each table has a blue checked table cloth with a few stains. By habit, the server pours the Sheriff a cup of coffee, and he says, "Anyone one else?"

At George's request, one pie--a tart apple pie with a strong seasoning of cinnamon--gets set on the table with serving utensils and a stack of plates. She places a couple pies on a tray and heads outside. Which group will end up with the tasty goodness is unclear, since the young woman has no information to go on.

Gummi leans against the wall and just listens. The two enforcers take up a similar position leaning against the bar. Sitting in a chair the negotiator immediately asserts his authority and ties to claim control of the situation. "Please everyone sit down. We're here for a friendly talk, so of course partake in these wonderful looking pies. Sheriff you know we always appreciate your hospitality."

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
George smiles at the pie in genuine delight, and makes a show of getting on the radio. "Mercy, I'm sendin' you out some pies. Wave to the nice lady and have her pass 'em out among our guests." Then, leaving the radio back on 'Send', he nods and cuts the pie, offering it around to the fine gentlemen across the table. "Well, now--as I'm the newcomer, here, I think I should just listen for a spell, so I can better understand the situation."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Gorgeous George wrote:
George smiles at the pie in genuine delight, and makes a show of getting on the radio. "Mercy, I'm sendin' you out some pies. Wave to the nice lady and have her pass 'em out among our guests." Then, leaving the radio back on 'Send', he nods and cuts the pie, offering it around to the fine gentlemen across the table. "Well, now--as I'm the newcomer, here, I think I should just listen for a spell, so I can better understand the situation."

Jessica breaks in clearly nervous and breathing hard. George, something is not right here. They are moving behind their vehicle, I know the black market. They are here for a reason, they don't just show up out of the blue. They have to be planning something... We need to strike first... Strike now. I am not a murderer, but I have a feeling, either we run them out now or we will be in a fight for our lives." Jessica checks her scopes, and having locked in aims the boom gun at the black market members scurrying arround the vehicle.

Notice 1d8 (2) wild 1d6 (3)

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
"Negative, Jess. Just hold position. Yeah, it's maddening, darlin', but we gotta play by the rules we want to see established."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice Die 1d8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 (1)


Hawdore's first inclination is to take a seat at the table next to the Sheriff but he wasn't hungry and didn't think he could provide any meaningful assistance to the coming talks. Instead he makes his way across the room, his armor's servos whining quietly against the quiet clamor of the diner to stand next to the newcomer called Gummy. Cradling his TX-50 in one arm he leans over and quietly introduces himself to the newcomer. "How do you do, miss. My name is Hawdore. The arrival of you and the other Legionaries here today was most fortunate. I have heard many good things about the Legion which is even more impressive given how young an organization it is. I hope your Gorgeous George will be able to work things out satisfactorily."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Ferrax 'watches' the to thugs go after the Glitter Boy's PA cut through the relative calm. "Thanks for the help guys, I think that announcement is my cue to seek cover. Stay safe!" He calls to the departing soldiers.

Moving off the street again he sends out a message over the frequency Hawdore had given him for the 4th, "Friend of Hawdore here, be careful. They've got reinforcements close." he then goes on to share the details he's learned so far. The batteries, their search, willingness to burn Sherrif, and that they're working with more senior management than usual. Finally he ends with one request, "Mind the big metal bugs and drake, they're friends of mine."

_________________
Ferrax Inaros
Shifter
Pace: 6, d6 Run; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0
Conditions:
  • None
Defenses/Abilities/Active Effects:
  • Bound Summon: Iron Drake
Current PPE: 35/35
Active Powers/Effects:
  • Clouded Clarity (Smarts x2 radius, negates -6 of darkness/obscurement, +2 Cha, +1 die to Persuasion, Permanent on ear cuff)
  • Detect Arcana (Free action, no PPE; Always on)
  • Summon Ally - Lash Bug(1/5min)
Edges:
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge: Recover 1 PPE/5min
  • Wizard: Reduce PPE cost by 1 for each raise on Spellcasting roll.
Weapons: Current clip or in handnoted by asterisk(*)
  • NG-33 Laser Pistol - Hip Holster
    • Ammo: (20/20*); (20/20) - 2 e-clips
  • Survival Knife - Wrist Sheath
Credits: 3,000
Bennies: 3/3




Account EP Reference
Lucius Draper Ledger
Make a Request
Current Balance: 3


Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos moves closer to the Glitter Boy, riding his Ostrasaurus, "Hopefully you have external speakers on when not shooting. Our Blue Friends say that others like these people took some of their friends captive. It seems likely they will wish to take more, which means they will need to attack us to try to get to them. Be prepared."

He takes out his sling, it probably looks harmless but he charges it with his magic, if Jessica acknowledges his message, he will move back to far enough away not to be harmed if she uses her Boom Gun and gets ready to throw at anyone who tries to attack her (or him).

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)Wild Card 1d6 (3)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Carlos wrote:
Carlos moves closer to the Glitter Boy, riding his Ostrasaurus, "Hopefully you have external speakers on when not shooting. Our Blue Friends say that others like these people took some of their friends captive. It seems likely they will wish to take more, which means they will need to attack us to try to get to them. Be prepared."

He takes out his sling, it probably looks harmless but he charges it with his magic, if Jessica acknowledges his message, he will move back to far enough away not to be harmed if she uses her Boom Gun and gets ready to throw at anyone who tries to attack her (or him).

OOC Comments
NoticeOriginal post: 1d8 (1)Wild CardOriginal post: 1d6 (3)


Sweet Silver, this is going to end badly. We got to get GG out of that diner. Its a trap! "Mercy drop the beans, you got to get GG out of that diner. Drive Mark in if you have too. The Black Market are here for the blue skins." Jessica aims her boom gun at the black market convoy. She clicks on her comms trying to reach GG, "George, they are just stalling. They are here for the blue skinned Dbees... Mercy is coming in hot. Six seconds and counting until boom." Is anyone still mucking arround my head? Six seconds until we take out those black market guys, hold off Melee until the initial salvo and radio me your location afterward. Jessica nods at Carlos, and gives him a thumbs up. He can hear over her speakers, her soft muted voice counting down from six... Assuming Mercy goes in Mark blazing Jessica fires into the black company going for the guys milling arround one of their main vehicles. Am I a murdering hobo?

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Hawdore frowns as Ferrax reports what he overheard from the Black Marketeers. I must warn everyone quickly. I hope this works. Closing his eyes and concentrating Hawdore extends his mind to touch all of his new allies at once to link them in mutual communication. His face serene the world around him fades a little into the background as he focuses on his task.

Exalted Telepathy
Connecting Jessica, Gorgeous George, Gummy, Ferrax and Simba. Haven't "met" Mercy or Carlos yet so they aren't connected. Per Exalted Telepathy I should be able to connect to any allied mind within a mile without a roll. At -2 to all rolls while maintaining a telepathic switchboard between all members.
"Please do not react to this communication if possible. This is Hawdore and I felt that I needed to relay information to all involved as quickly as possible. Jessica, Gorgeous George, Gummy, Ferrax and Simba you should now all be able to communicate with each other and myself for as long as I can maintain this link. Ferrax tells me he overheard members of the Black Market group speaking of reinforcements nearby so beware of any tricks. They seem to be after some sort of batteries and are willing to go to great lengths to get it. I will maintain this link for as long as I can."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Simba is tracking the two telepathic discussion he is involved in, while fighting sleep, and is concerned about the glitter boy shooting its main weapon.

Why am I concerned? I'm forgetting something. What is it?

Simba will continue to watch over the Black Market guys and be ready to act all the while trying to remember why he should be concerned about the Glitter Boy.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
Ah, hell, this is going seven shades of tits-up in a sandstorm.

George takes a deep breath, and stands up. His words are simultaneously being broadcast over the radio and telepathically, even as he speaks so everyone in the diner can hear him. "Jess, this is an order--do NOT engage unless someone else shoots first, or I tell you otherwise. Mercy, stand down, NOW. Same orders. He looks to the men across the table. So, it seems you've got reinforcements on the way, and this is just a delaying tactic. It's blown, you've got three choices. Me and my people are going to leave this town--including those people I didn't know were mine until we got here, like Hawdore, here. We're taking the blue guys with us. Now, if you want to be smart, you'll just let that happen, on the principle that it's going to cost you more to try and take the blue guys from us than it's worth to capture them. If you're stubborn, you'll wait til we're gone, wait til your back-up arrives, then come and try to get us on the open road, leaving the sheriff here and his town to be about their lives, no worse for wear. Then you catch up to us on the road, and we all settle this the old-fashioned way, which I'd prefer to avoid, but at least I can understand business. If you're stupid, you'll try to stop us from leaving right now, before you're at full strength, and with a high chance of getting both the townsfolk AND your 'batteries' involved in the crossfire. That'd mean a bunch of pissed off locals using what weapons they got to take revenge on you, and you risk killing the loot--neither one's good for business. Decisions on you, mate."

With that, he turns, calmly, motioning for Hawdore and Gummy to follow, and walks for the door--really, really hoping these men aren't stupid.

Notice 5, Persuasion 13
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 11 (5)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace Wild Persuasion, including prior result 1d6+12 = 13 (1)

Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Unaware of the conversation going on by radio, Khar-loez rides back to near the blue d-bees...and far enough away not to be hurt when the Boom Gun fires. He keeps his eyes open and tries to listen to the environment...which is made difficult by the various nearby technolgies. If the Black Market is going to be after our allies here, they are going to need some kind of defense. Possibly he can craft something that will work, but for it to work right it is not going to be one of these one shot devices, but rather a full blown ecowizard invention that they can use their own magic to fuel.

Something like that, is going to take the right materials...

OOC Comments
His mind is off on a tangent just now

Notice 1d8 (1), Wild Notice 1d6 (6) Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (4)

In case any enemies come in range: Shooting 1d4 (3), Wild Shooting 1d6 (2)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1830 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
The War Comes to Washoe
THE WAR COMES TO WASHOE
[dice]"Did you say mud pies? I saw a puddle over there!!"[/dice] is the response George gets from Mercy. The rest of the 4th outside, and a few of the newcomers, can see the Mountaineer turn around with a sandy rooster tail and head off southeast, a direction they most certainly have not travelled. With her usual gusto, Mercy drives off across the desert oblivious to all else.

Pie, not made of mud, is generally well received by everyone (except Sad Noodle). There's a moment of fairly congenial silence as everyone around the negotiating table dishes up. There's always that one guy who takes a second helping, and naturally it's one of the Black Market enforcers.

The negotiator though, looks at George with a slick smile, "If you will listen, we will be able explain our position, that is very kine of you." Hawdore and George are well aware that the negotiator is not nearly as nice as he seems, and they can tell that the guards with him are may be eating pie, but they are more than ready to shoot first.

Jessica, despite the Glitter Boy's advanced sensors, lost any chance of a targeting lock on the bad guys she was tracking. Mercy screaming off across the desert was also a distracting shocker. All that could be heard from the crazy woman's radio was a barely intelligible song about pie, but it seems to repeat over and over and over and over....

Ferrax scoots out of the way, and doesn't draw the attention of any of the many potential threats hanging around.

Sauntering up to Jess, Carlos delivers his message and then retreats away far enough to avoid the sonic blast. He's not quite sure though if he's really safe. Deciding that he's probably more effective near their blue friends, Carlos takes position close to them, where he can intercept any sort of attack from the Black Market troops he can see. As he looks around, he realizes the brilliant location they have chosen to stop in. It's a shallow defile between the road and a small rise, but it was a creek bed in the not too distant past and is littered with plant debris and rounded stones and patches of different types of earth. If Mercy had been sane, this would have been a great spot to make mud pies.

Simba notices for the first time the guy on the lizard. He's not a human-people, and he has no metal gear. He seems quite the oddity of this group.

The negotiator continues to eat his pie during George's little speech. The enforcers stop, their hands disappearing below the tables. A few audible snaps or the tearing sound of velcro indicate holsters are being readied. Unlike the steady demeanor of their boss, these guys have turned mean, all semblance of the earlier friendliness gone. The Sheriff and restaurant staff are both very worried, faces gone pale. The Sheriff's hand is resting on the shooter on his hip, but he looks nervous as hell. Hawdore and George notice the bartender make the cliche slow motion move to something--inevitably a shotgun--beneath the counter. And if they saw it, there's a good chance everyone else did too.

Calmly the negotiator says, looking at George over the rim of the coffee cup, "What makes you think we care about this town?"

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:38 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
Intimidate 9
Unskilled Intimidate 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
Ace Intimidate w/original roll 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Extra Effort Bennie 1d6 (5)
Wild Intimidate 1d6-2 = -1 (1)

Note: This is 'social' intimidation, not the combat maneuver. It's an attempt to persuade using a threat of violence and it generally being more trouble than it's worth for the man to use the town as a battleground.

The Grackletooth shakes his head. "I don't think anything of the kind. But I do think you and your men will be better off if you come after us outside it, for two reasons. First off, you'll get to choose your ambush point and come at us in full force. Second, if that encounter goes bad for you, we're likely to let you leave if you opt to pull back again--like I said, I get that it's just business. If, on the other hand, you and your boys start stuff here, and any of these townspeople get hurt? Well, then, we'll be doing our damnedest to get payback for the fallen. That includes destroying your equipment--those hovercycles ain't cheap, but they'll shred under the Boom Gun's ordinance. It ain't about what you value; it's about limiting your exposure. Your move." With that, he continues to move towards the door, motioning for Hawdore to come with.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:38 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos notes the creek bed, and says to their blue allies, "The edges of this defile may be used to provide cover in the event of attack, most weapons have more trouble targeting something hidden behind a solid barrier, however, this place is subject to flooding and the ground may be a bit soft, so be prepared to move if there is rain or other releases of water."

He needs to be a bit higher, and urges his Ostrasaurus up higher so he has a better view of the area.

(OOC: Unfortunately, Carlos does not understand the GB, and thus can not warn Jessica that the anchor pylons may not give firm support for firing the Boom Gun.)

He does notice Jessica has stopped counting, but still expects a sneak attack attempt by the enemy.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (6) Wild Notice: 1d6 (6)Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (1)
Shooting 1d4 (2), Wild Shooting 1d6 (2)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Jessica Bronze: inside GB suit
First strike in case 7 total : Fighting 1d8 (3) wild 1d6 (3) if needed benny extra effort 1d6 (4)
  • damage:
Level headed: two card draws




OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (2) wild 1d6 (6) ace 1d6 (1)

Damit Mercy! Where the hell are you going? Jessica does indeed stop counting at GG's insistence and Mercy's untimely departure. She recalls the stabilizing pylons and moves as quickly as she can towards the diner. " Carlos I don't know what you can do, but I got a lot of ground to cover before getting to the diner. Mercy fraked us, so it is up to us to get GG out safe and sound. If there is anything you can do to help us get there quicker now would be the time."
Still wielding her silver sword in one hand she begins her trek to the diner.
GG, Mercy went nuts and drove off. I am coming to you."

Action
deanchor and move 10" closer wielding her silver sword

_________________
Jessica
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework]
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Khar-loez does not have any applicable magic, so he urges his Ostrasaurus to run towards the town as fast as possible. This is slow compared to many machines, but is still quite a respectable pace. He keeps his sling in hand, ready to throw at the enemy once he gets in range.

He does some "broken field" riding...with sudden jinks left or right to make him harder to hit. Well, more to make his mount harder to hit...HE will have some cover from the mount and not be easy to hit from the front.

OOC Comments
Riding 1d6 (3), Wild Ride 1d6 (4)
Notice 1d8 (2), Wild Notice 1d6 (5)
Shooting 1d4 (4) Wild Shooting 1d6 (5)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Image
Image
Image

IS THERE ANY MAN HERE?
Well, if there as ever a tense situation, this was it.

"No, we'll just stop you here." the negotiator says with a subtle motion of his hand. Immediately the guards draw their weapons, and the staff raises theirs, some dive for cover: it's the split second before all hell breaks loose.

Outside, only a few seconds later things turn ugly as well. Two of the goons make for the hover bikes while the other two bring their guns to bear on Jessica. They don't seem to have registered the presence of either Simba or Ferrax.

Guns! Guns! and more Guns! The shit is mere seconds away from the fan!!

Carlos and the blue dbees are in position to see that there is something approaching from the southwest, indicated by a dust cloud a few miles off.

Action Cards
Sheriff AS
Simba AD
George KS
Negotiating Bads QD (Negotiator, Headhunter, Enforcer)
Hawdore 10H
Annie's Staff 9D
Ferrax 8C
Carlos 5H
Jessica 3H
Outside Bads 2C (4 Bandits)
Blue dbees - hold


Gummy 2S

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Khar-loes pulls up his Ostrasaurus as soon as he realizes he is being left behind. He looks back at their allies and notices the cloud of dust in the distance. This place is getting dangerous for our blue friends, something needs to be done to protect them. It looks like it is up to him to do it.

Khar-loez tells the Faelerin, "Gather yourself into a circle and stay still. There are many bad people looking for you, I will see that they can not find you."

He takes out a number of things from his packs, a spool of twisted cord made of dinosaur tendons and a similar spool made from dried dinosaur guts, a half dozen dinosaur skulls from small scavenging dinos like compsognathus, a number of small straight pieces of bone, and some larger leaves. Once everyone is in a circle, he places the straight pieces of bone around the outside of the circle at regular intervals, driving them into the ground like pegs marking the perimeter, then he twines the two cords together as he stretches it around the pegs creating a circle of cord all the way around the Blue D-bees. He places the sic skulls at regular intervals tied to the circle by smaller pieces of cord, each skull facing outwards. He then covers the eyes of each skull with the leaves and stops up the nose of each skull with dirt.

As he works, he places his magic into the parts, crafting a defense. Finally he places his Shield Bracelet at the point where the two ends meet and activates the magic.

Khar-loez warns Larry and the others, "Stay quiet and inside the circle. So long as you stay inside the enemy should not detect you."

This is a powerful working with three spells involved: Invisibility, Conceal Arcana, and Barrier. If things work as planned, the Faelerin will be unable to be detected by sight or arcane means and protected from accidental shots that may come this way.

Knowing this is an important task, Khar-loez will spend extra effort on it (use a Bennie).

OOC Comments
Eco-Wizardry 1d10 (8) Extra Effort 1d6 (5)Wild EW 1d6 (4)=Eco-Wizardry 10
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 (5) Wild Arcana 1d6 (6), WA Ace 1d6 (5)=Arcana 11
Notice: 1d8 (7) Wild Notice: 1d6 (6) WN Ace 1d6 (5)=Notice 11

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)

Shooting Negotiator, double-tap, targeting system: 1d4+3 = 6 (3)
Wild Shooting: 1d6+3 = 6 (3)
Extra Effort Benny Shooting running total: 1d6+6 = 9 (3)
Total 9 Shooting = Raise!
Damage: 3d6+2 = 16 (6, 3, 5)
Damage Ace Running Total: 1d6+16 = 19 (3)
19 Damage, AP 2 to Negotiator

Fighting Wild Attack Enforcer 1d6 (2)
Wild Wild Attack Fighting 1d6 (4) (+2 Wild Attack=6)
Extra Effort Running total 1d6+6 = 8 (2)
Total 8 Fighting
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 1d8 (6) +2
13 Damage to Enforcer

Wild Attack reduces George's Parry to 3 until his next initiative card.



George was clearly on the edge of his nerve as he made his way towards the door, so when things went south, he was more than ready. "Jess! Clear as many from the street as you can, this's gonna be ugly!" he shouts, even as uses his tail to draw his own laser pistol. Hoping like hell that the Sheriff and Annie's folks aren't inclined to shoot them in the back as a peace offering to the Black Marketeers, he fires a double-tap at the Negotiator, while lashing out with a powerful claw at the Enforcer with reckless abandon.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4 (1) +2 On sight based checks
Wild 1d6 (2)

. . . Ughh . . . Shaking back to it, Gummy sort of crunches her face, a varied look weighing down her cherubic features, half confused, half contorted -- as if she had suddenly smelled something incredibly disgusting. Looking at the walls, the various faces scattered about the scene, down at the table in front of her, and back to George in just enough time to watch him draw on an hombre.

Well, I've seemingly missed something. . .

Raising an eyebrow, Gummy grabs her trusty street-slicer while making a dash for the headhunter -- he was clearly trying far too hard. Gummy hated cyber-posers, and getting a cybernetic groin-cup installed didn't qualify as credible black-market bling. It was time to show the Gaijin you shouldn't bring attitude to a negotiation. . . or at least she was under the impression that's what was going on. . .

Combat
Fighting 1d12+1 = 3 (2)
Wild 1d6+1 = 4 (3)

Bennie re-roll
Fighting 1d12+1 = 4 (3)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7 (6)
Ace 1d6 (1)
Total: 8

Damage: 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8 (3)
1d10 (7)
Total: 18 Damage, AP 4

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice Die 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (1)

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

As the fighting erupts in the diner Hawdore bring his weapon up but is unable to get a clear line of sight as the two members of the 4th enter into melee with the Black Marketeers. By radio he alerts Ferrax of the sudden firefight, "Ferrax, be aware that negotiations have broken down and hostilities have commenced. The leader of the Black Marketeers has ordered his people outside to open fire. Do whatever you think best. I suspect we will be exiting the building at any moment, Hawdore, clear."

Striding towards the diner's staff Hawdore gathers power from his waning reserves to teleport the bystanders to safety. "Sheriff, I will get your people out of the line of fire!"

Exalted Teleport 8, Raise, Smarts Roll 7, Success
Psionics 1d10 (6) Wild Die 1d6 (4)
Spending Benny for Extra Effort to go for Raise 1d6 (2)
Smarts roll at -2 for teleporting to a familiar but unseen location
Smarts Roll 1d10 (9)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)


Gathering his power Hawdore envelops the staff in his teleport field and the lot of them vanish to the relative safety of the sheriff's office. As they reappear in their new surrounding Hawdore advises them to stay put, "Please stay here out of harm's way until the fighting is over for your own safety. The sheriff will let you know when it is safe to return."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1046
Reply with quote
OOC: NPC Post for Jessica Bronze.

Notice 9, Shooting 4, Damage 47 AP 25 MBT, Knockback 7 Inches
Notice w/GB Sensors 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Shooting (TN 4 to place shot) 1d6 (4)
Wild Shooting 1d6 (3)

MBT Damage 4d12+6 = 45 (9, 12, 7, 11)
Ace One Damage Die 1d12 (2)

Knockback 2d6 (3, 4)
Spend a Benny to remove Shaken condition immediately

As noted in Hangouts, if the MBT can hit only bad guys, she'll target it in such a way as to hit the two big vehicles, plus anything else she can encompass in the big ball of pain (ground cycles, hovercycles, random BM dudes). If firing at ground level means taking out the buildings or hitting civilians, though, she'll target it at the two hovercycles, instead.


"Clear the streets! On it, Boss!" This is gonna hurt, but I am NOT losing any more teammates, dammit! Jess picks her spot, levels the gun, and fires--immediately flying backwards, down the street, propelled by the awesome power of the Boom Gun, which shatters all the windows in her immediate vicinity, as well.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 6/7
GMC Bennies: XWarrior1 2
XHunter1: 2
XWarrior2: 2
XPsiHunt: 2
XSuperWar: 2
XQueen: 2





Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 4 (2) Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Simba sits on the corner of the building and waits for something to happen. The boom gun fires off, it startles him. As a reflex, Simba flies straight up hoping to be out of range. Once in the air, Simba is going to observe the area to locate what caused her to shoot to begin with.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image


THE PRESSURE GAME
Carlos & the Blue People"
Carlos is successful with his scheme. He moves quickly to build his deception, and the blue people seem to be in awe of his ability. The leader of the blue people even comments on it, "We have never seen such magic. Truly amazing." And it is an impressive feat weaving together different spells into a single protective shield. Many of the blue people sit down, almost as if they are meditating, and Carlos can feel the mystic power around him grow.

Simba:
When the Boom Gun goes off it definitely startles Simba. When he retreats the sky his senses are still distorted by the loud noise. The incredibly loud noise. When he looks down to try and make sense of the situation he can't tell who's who, all the metal people look the same!

George at Annies:
Inside the restaurant, the Sheriff quick-draws his pistol and blasts the headhunter, but his shot just glances off the Urban Warrior armor. George follows up quickly with his own shot. It looks like a solid hit but at the last second the negotiator must have ducked because he's managed to keep standing. Clearly hurt, but standing. George's reflexing claw attack at the enforcer is a hit, but the enforcer manages to block it enough to avoid any damage.

The negotiator turns and heads for the door (George gets a free attack on the negotiator). The enforcer closest to George shoots him back with a pistol at close range! Despite a well placed shot, the enforcer clearly did not take into account George's d-bee physiology and the shot does no harm. The other enforcer shoots back at the Sheriff. The big ion pistol does a number on the Sheriff, but the local constable is still standing.

Hawdore:
Hawdore gathers Annie's staff in his large arms and then with a thought BAMF! They appear in the Sheriff's office across the street. The staff are a little disoriented. The bartender looks at the shotgun in his hands and turns towards the door to head back out into the fray.

Ferrax:
Ferrax maintains cover.

Gummy:
Gummy may have decided this guy was a cyber-poser. But her sword comes to another conclusion: this guys is made of stern stuff. The blow cuts through a chink in the man's armor but goes "thunk" as it comes in contact with the metal beneath. The headhunter is non-plussed and surprised that Gummy even made contact.

Jessica:
It's not hard to target vehicles that aren't moving. Especially with a Boom Gun. Now there are two vehicles that will never move again. BOOM! The two bandits on hover cycles zoom around and fire their vehicular weapons at the Glitter Boy. One bandit's shots go wide, completely missing the shiny giant. The other bandit peppers the Glitter Boy with a hail of projectiles from his mini-railgun. They ping off the armor, harmlessly, the ricochets kicking up the dust on the dirt street.

The remaining two soldiers seem to realize the futility of going up against a Glitter Boy without support and withdraw towards Annie's.

Action Cards
Outside Bads AS (2 Bandits on hovercycles, 2 on foot)
George AD
Gummy KS
Ferrax QD
Hawdore 10H
Jessica 9D
Negotiating Bads 8C (Negotiator (Shaken, 1 Wound), Headhunter (Shaken), Enforcer)
Annie's Staff 5H
Simba 3H
Sheriff 2C (Shaken, 1 Wound)
Carlos 2C
Blue dbees - hold

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Push Maneuver, going for a Knock Down (putting the Negotiator Prone), opposed by the Negotiator's Strength roll
Strength 1d8 (6)
Wild Strength 1d6 (2)
Extra Effort Bennie Running Total 1d6+6 = 9 (3)


"So soon? But the party's just getting started! Have a seat!" George bellows at the fleeing Negotiator, as the powerful claw lashes out again, attempting to drive the man to the floor.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
The powerful strike knocks the negotiator to the ground!

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Shooting Enforcer(vs. Parry because point-blank) 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
6 because Double-Tap
Damage if hit: 2d6+2 = 13 (5, 6)
Damage Ace Running Total: 1d6+13 = 14 (1)

Grapple (Fighting Opposed by Negotiator's Fighting, which is at -2 because he's prone) 1d6 (4)
Wild Grapple 1d6 (3)
Negotiator needs to roll Fighting at -2, and get a 5 or better, or else he's Grappled



And once the Negotiator hits the floor, George follows up, reaching out with the massive claw to attempt to grab the man and squeeze, even as his tail takes a point-blank double-tap right back at the Enforcer..

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos has to think carefully, should he join the others in combat, or remain with the blue people to protect them? In then end, it is clear that the tribe needs him there more.

He says, "We must keep quiet, the magic only covers sight and that inner sense of magic some creatures have, not hearing. Should we make it through this, I will teach those who wish to know about my magic. It will take time to learn, but perhaps may be useful to you."

They have magic potential. Learning some way to control it can not help but benefit them.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (8) Notice Ace 1d8 (3) Wild Notice 1d6 (6) Wild Notice Ace 1d6 (5)=11

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1046
Reply with quote
NPC Post for Jessica Bronze.

Notice 5, Shooting 5, Damage 27 AP 25
Notice 1d8+3 = 5 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6+3 = 5 (2)

Shooting 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Damage 4d12+6 = 27 (1, 10, 6, 4)

Knockback Distance 2d6 (6, 5) = 11"

This time, she does not spend the Bennie to unShake. If they really want to chase her down while she's still clearing her head, they're going to be moving away from George, so that's fine.


Jessica stands back up, after her Boom-Gun aided trip, and sees the streets are still fairly clogged--two men on foot, two more on hoverbikes above, and by the sounds over the radio, George is still engaged inside. He's a medic, he's not supposed to be fighting these guys, dammit!

She does some quick calculus and decides that the two in the air are the bigger threat; pointing the gun at one of them, the one closer to Annie's, she lets loose with another shot, once again flying backwards over 20 yards, her reflective coating spraying beams of sunlight as she goes, as the airburst shreds both the bike and the rider into a grisly rain that pours onto the street below. "I can do this all day, boys! Anyone still standing by the time I get up is going to get more of the same!"

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 6/7
GMC Bennies: XWarrior1 2
XHunter1: 2
XWarrior2: 2
XPsiHunt: 2
XSuperWar: 2
XQueen: 2





Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4 (2) +2 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 (2)


What should have been the satisfying hum of a vibro-blade through flesh, instead resulted in the distinctly less fatal twang of mega-steel. It seems this foreigner was a tad bit more resilient that Gummy had initially anticipated. This was profoundly irritating. . . Gummy was experiencing a rather eclectic mix of emotions after the fraction of a second it took for the tactile feel of steel to register. Unadulterated rage towards the tacit audacity this cyber-peasant was displaying -by noting being felled by what she felt was more than adequate for him- amalgamated with the a sickening glee at the coming challenge. After all, as audacious as this thug happened to be, only made his inevitable downfall all the more satisfying.

Ohhh, I'm going to keep one finger for each swing it takes to fell this pig!

Through clenched, blackened teeth, Gummy effortlessly slides a second-hand on her aureus blade -- raising it above her head for a murderous swipe.

Wild Strike
1d12+3 = 7 (4)
Wild 1d6+3 = 9 (6)
Extra Effort 1d6 (4)
Wild Ace 1d6 (5)
Total: 18


Damage
1d12 (11) + 1d8 (8) +2 (Wild Strike) Corrected Vibro-sword damage 1d10 (8)
Ace 1d8 (5)
Assuming a Fighting Ace 1d6 (5)
Total: 31 AP 4 Correct Total: 28 AP 4

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice: 1d8 (6) Wild Die 1d6 (3)
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None


Hawdore readies his rail gun as he follows the bartender back out onto the street. Seeing the destruction of the parked vehicles pains Hawdore's sensibilities. Sigh, someone is going to have to fix that. "Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs or so I'm told." Raising his gun he moves purposely down the street and takes aim at one of the hover bikes, firing off a single burst.

Shooting 9, Damage 15 AP 4
Shooting Die 1 1d8 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)
+2 to Shooting From Armor
I had to move so no Rock and Roll! bonus
Short Range is 75 inches so there shouldn't be any range penelties
-1 Bennie for extra effort
Extra Effort 1d6 (2)
Damage 2d8+2 = 11 (8, 1) Damage Ace 1d8 (3)
Raise Damage 1d6 (1)

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Simba has a confused look on his face.

Where is everyone?

Simba stays in the air and is looking for the people shooting at the COT and the people they are protecting.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image


LITTLE MAN - TEN FEET TALL
Carlos & the Blue People*
With his mystic ability to understand the blue people, Carlos is able to have a pleasant conversation--in hushed voices--about what will happen next. The leader of the blue people asks Carlos, "Where should we go to be safe? We thought moving west away from the Skull Heads and those wicked mages would help, but I fear we are caught once again." It's another one of the blue people that steps forward and asks the simvan about his magic, "We know some about magic, but I have never seen fetishes use the way you do. What kind of magic is it?"

Simba:
Soaring overhead, Simba realizes something: he can no longer see the blue people. Wait, were there blue people? He's not so sure now whether he saw them or not. It doesn't matter, he is now able to determine friend from foe based on their actions. There's a fracas by the restaurant and around the remains of the two vehicles. In hindsight, the loud gun appears to be incredibly powerful. The hovercycle seem to be shooting at unarmored people on the street.

George at Annies:
Extra limbs make George more dangerous than he looks. And he looks pretty dangerous to begin with! He holds the negotiator down, pinning him to the ground with his massive claw.

His shot at the enforcer finds it's mark, but the man shrugs most of it off. He seems rattled though. He doesn't recover enough to shoot back. But the headhunter does. He drops the heavy ion pistol and quick-draws his chainsword! He whips the giant sword down at George! He hits! But remarkably the blade is turned by George's armor--it's an embarrassingly bad strike for a headhunter technowarrior.

The sheriff is still struggling to recover from the gunshot wound inflicted just seconds before.

Hawdore:
Hawdore's shot hits the hovercycle, but miraculously it's only a glancing blow and it proceeds unheaded to strafe the Hawdore and the cook. Oh no! One of the shots from the mini rail gun strikes Hawdore!

Taking a snap shot as the hovercycle flies overhead the cook makes a symbolic, but largely useless gesture attacking with the shotgun. It's a well placed shot give the range, but the buckshot just bounces off the metal body of the hover cycle.

Ferrax:
Ferrax maintains cover.

Gummy:
Well, if Gummy was already frustrated, she will be even more so now. Not only did she fail to kill him with this attack, but he's now ignoring her!

Jessica:
Boom. Splat. Just like skeet shooting, except there's a life ending with this shot.

The two bandits on foot determine that cowardice is the better part of valor and take off trying to disappear into the streets. They probably won't get far. But a Glitter Boy is nearly impervious to any weapons they have.

Action Cards
Outside Bads 2S (1 Bandits on hovercycle, 2 on foot running away)
George 3H
Gummy KS
Hawdore AD (19 damage)
Jessica 8C
Negotiating Bads 10H (Negotiator (Shaken, 1 Wound, grappled), Headhunter (Shaken-This round only), Enforcer (Shaken-This round only))
Annie's Staff QD
Simba 2C
Sheriff 9D (Shaken, 1 Wound)
Carlos - hold
Blue dbees - hold
Ferrax - hold

What are you doing?

*A new sitcom popular in Arzno

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:25 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos keeps his voice down as he decides giving a lesson may help keep the Blue People quiet, "What I do is called Eco-Wizardry. Others say it is a form of Enchantment magic related to Techno-Wizardry.

"The first rule of Eco-Wizardry is that Life is Magic. All living things take part in the magic of life, and the more powerful something is in life, the more magic it has. One must always respect Life, for it is the source of all Magic. You may slay a creature or cut down a tree, but you must respect those you have killed and make use of all that has been left to you.

"The second rule of Eco-wizardry is that what once served as a channel of life remains able to serve as a channel of magic. Bones, sinew, gut, hide, all these can serve as a channel to magic, and the stronger the creature was in life, the more energy of Magic the remains can channel. The greatest of creatures, such as the mighty Tri-tops, provide the strongest channels.

"The third rule is form follows function. It is easiest to enchant something to do what it was meant to do in life. A weapon, like a tooth, claw, or horn is most easily made to be a weapon..."

Carlos keeps his voice quiet, but hopes the subject matter will keep their interest enough that they will listen

OOC Comments
Just tossing in some dice rolls that seem vaguely appropriate
Eco-Wizardry 1d10 (4) Wild EW 1d6 (6) Ace Wild EW 1d6 (4) Eco-wizardry = 10
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 (2) Wild Arcana 1d6 (2) Arcana = 2
Notice 1d8 (2) Wild Notice 1d6 (5) Notice = 5

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Last edited by Carlos on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (2) Wild Die 1d6 (4)
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick, Rock and Roll!,
Temporary Effects: None


Soak Fail, 2 Wounds
-1 Bennie
Vigor 1d6 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (1)
Spirit 3, Spend 1 Bennie to unshake
Spirit Die 1d8 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)
-1 Bennie


Hawdore grunts as he feels the impact of the rail gun rounds and even though he does not yet feel the pain he knows he's been seriously hurt. I must end this quickly before things deteriorate further. I was a fool to come back out onto the street. I should have stayed under cover and done what I could from there. Fighting off a wave of dizziness Hawdore tracks the hoverbike and goes to a maximum rate of fire.

Shooting 3, 4, 7, 2 probable hits, Damage 15 AP 4, 21 AP 4
Shooting Die 1d8 (2)
Shooting Die 1d8 (7)
Shooting Die 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)
+2 From Armor Bonus, -2 Due to Wounds, Recoil negated by Rock and Roll! edge

Damage 2d8+2 = 15 (7, 6)
Damage 2d8+2 = 14 (4, 8) Damage Ace 1d8 (7)

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Simba is hovering in the air, there are not a lot of opportunity unlike the metal men. This is ending quickly, lets keep this simple.

Simba swoops down towards the hover bike rider in an effort to pick him up.

OOC Comments
Strength 1d4 (4) Ace: 1d4 (1)Wild: 1d6 (5) Total: 5

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:14 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4 (1) +2 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 (2)

An expression of slack-jawed bewilderment idles on the gang-princess' face for what seemed like an eternity in the split-seconds of the melee foray. . .

Deciding it best to not to dwell on whatever peculiar fates spared this thug from mega-steel, and the denaturing hum of a virbo-cell.

This. . . Fucking. . . Gaijin!!!

Deciding it best to press her offensive advantage, in spite of his poor manners, Gummy decides it best not to look a gift horse in the mouth -- clearly this was a tough bastard, and Gummy wasn't one to squander an advantage!

Rapid Attack [3 total, -4 to each, +1 to Each for Trademark Weapon, (-2 Parry until next turn), -1 Bennie Re-roll]

Attack Rolls
1: 1d12-3 = 0 (3)
2: 1d12-3 = 0 (3)
3: 1d12-3 = 3 (6)
Wild 1d6 (4)

Re-rolls
1: 1d12-3 = 6 (9)
2: 1d12-3 = 9 (12)
3: 1d12-3 = 3 (6)
Wild 1d6 (3)
Ace 1d12 (11)

Attack 1 Total: 6
Attack 2 Total: 20


Damage
Attack 1 Potential: 1d10 (6) + 1d8 (4)
Atk 1 Total: 10 AP 4
Attack 2: 1d10 (1) + 1d8 (2) + 1d6 (6) (assuming raise on attack roll) + Ace 1d6 (5)
Atk 2 Total: 14 AP 4

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image


[size=150KING OF THE MOUNTAIN[/size]
Carlos & the Blue People
Well, if anyone on earth is doing a good job of welcoming the blue people, it's the cannibal. Since he doesn't actually eat other simvan, as far as anyone knows, cannibal is a harsh word. But he has not tried to exterminate the new arrivals, he has not tried to turn them into batteries for a doomsday machine, he hasn't even tried to just simply kill them. They are instead learning from him while he quietly teaches the ways of a magic they never knew on their own world.

"We have long had a ban on any sort of necromancy on our world," the leader says as Carlos pauses. "However, what you are describing may have similar components, but a wholly different...feeling." He says, "We are so grateful for your introduction, we will be studying this new magic as we grow here. Thank you."

Gummy
There are curse words in Japanese that Gummy might want to utilize. Her first attack is swatted away, not with ease, but enough to keep her blade from contacting. Her second blow contacts, but again doesn't bite! Gummy is easily able to avoid the headhunter's riposte--if that's what you'd call a wild two handed swing with monstrous chainsword.

From behind Gummy's shoulder a laser shot streaks out to hit the other enforcer, turning his attention from Gummy to the Sheriff, who' staggered up and supporting the wall.

Hawdore
The rail gun barks in Hawdore's hands, shaky as they are, and blasts the hovercycle out of the sky. The pilot tumbles to the ground and doesn't get up. The cook looks with relief at the trimadore. Hawdore notices that he's dropped the shotgun shells all over the ground while trying to reload.


Jessica calls out over the radio, "Do you want me to chase the two running away?"

Action Cards
George 7D (Inside)
Gummy 7H (Inside)
Hawdore QS (Outside)
Cook (Outside)
Negotiating Bads 6S (Negotiator (Shaken, 1 Wound, grappled), Headhunter (), Enforcer ())
Annie's Staff (Inside) 5S
Simba (Outside) JS
Sheriff 9D (Inside, 1 Wound) QH
Jessica Hold
Carlos - hold
Blue dbees - hold
Ferrax - hold

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:02 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
"Negative!" George calls out in response to Jess. "Double-time to the diner! I"m coming out, and I'm bringing a guest!"

And with that, the big Grackletooth starts manhandling his prisoner towards the door, using the laser in his tail to distract the enforcer he's moving away from.

OOC Comments
So, since this is a doubled round for George, here's the sequence:

Shoot the Enforcer in the face with the laser pistol.

Then, as his full-body action, a Push attack to move the Grappled Negotiator towards the door. Note that if the enforcer has a melee weapon out (or Martial Artist), and is not shaken by the laser fire, he'll get an attack as George tries to move away.

As the second round, use the tail to slam the door open, and a second Push attack to try and get the Negotiator into the street. If the original Push failed, then he's just moving closer to the door this time (and will use the laser on the Enforcer again, if he's still up).

Rolls:

Round A:
Shooting Double-tap (vs. Enforcer Parry) 1d6+3 = 5 (2)
Wild Shooting 1d6+3 = 6 (3)
If Parry 6 or less, damage: 2d6+2 = 8 (3, 3)

Push Attack Strength (opposed by Negotiator) 1d8 (1)
Wild Strength 1d6 (2)
Probably did NOT move the Negotiator (unless he crit-fails), so next round, attempt same.

Round B:
Contingent (only iff first attempt to Push fails) Shooting Double-tap (vs. Enforcer Parry) 1d6+3 = 4 (1)
Wild Shooting 1d6+3 = 7 (4)
If Parry 7 or less, damage: 2d6+2 = 9 (6, 1)
Damage Ace running total 1d6+9 = 13 (4)

Push Attack Strength (opposed by Negotiator) 1d8 (7)
Bennie for Extra Effort: 1d6+7 = 8 (1)
Wild Strength 1d6 (1)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Khar-loez says, "Many who do not know Eco-wizardry confuse it with Necromancy. From an outside perspective, there are similarities, but internally, they work differently. I do not know Necromancy, but I am told it is about partly or completely raising the dead...so as to take their power for your own. While Eco-Wizards use remains of the living, we do not seek to return them under our control. We use what lived because it by nature can channel life, and magic is the essence of life. There are those who do similar things with metal and gems, but to me, that seems wrong, forcing that which never lived to act alive."

The Simvan shrugs, "Perhaps it is just because my people live in harmony with creatures others consider monsters. We ride strong creatures, rather than use machines as mounts. Many things in this world are a matter of perspective."

He does not mention that his people practice what amounts to a form of necromancy in their ritualistic eating of enemies. It is not really magical, he knows that now, but still you are partaking of the strength and cunning of your foes, at least figuratively. He could see many of his people falling into necromancy, if they had the gift for it. Perhaps it is fortunate that most Simvan have nothing but psi to draw upon.

OOC Comments
Eco-Wizardry 1d10 (9) Wild EW 1d6 (3) = 9
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 (10) Arcana Ace 1d10 (7) Wild Arcana 1d6 (4) = 17
Notice 1d8 (6) Wild Notice 1d6 (5) = 6

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)

Shooting 10, 2. Intimidate 6
Shooting 1d8 (2)
Shooting 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 (4)
Rock and Roll! to counter recoil penalty.
+2 to Shooting from Armor bonus
-2 to Shooting from Wounds

Since these are warning shots I won't roll damage unless necessary.

Intimidate 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (4)
-2 for untrained
-2 for sounds
+2 for big gun

-1 Bennie for Extra Effort
1d6 (4)

Wincing in pain from his gunshot wound Hawdore takes note of the two fleeing henchmen. He briefly considers just letting them go but if there were reinforcements in the area then it might be dangerous not just for himself but for the others or even the town to let them give those reinforcements warning.

Wearily Hawdore raises his rail gun and fires a couple of bursts at the feet of the two fleeing Black Marketeers. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to surrender immediately or I regret that I will have to kill you both. I must advise you that immediate compliance is your best chance at survival under the current circumstances. "

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:08 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image


A QUESTION OF STRENGTH
For a brief second things are still. A small gust of wind sends a shimmer of dust down the street. The sun is getting low, turning red as it moves towards the horizon and breaks out blow the clouds. The earth has only just barely begun to cool. It's dry, but not desiccated. It's only a momentary pause though

Carlos & the Blue People
"Help us! Please!" one of the other blue dbees cries out. "We were escaping certain death, but this hardly seems better!" Most of the gathered mass seems to agree with him. The problem is that he raised his voice. Not a shout, but definitely an increase in volume.

Up to this point, the amount of information Carlos is communicating to these people is quite amazing. Not only are they aliens, but they are communicating through a translation device. The underlying principles of magic may be universal but the language of magic most certainly is not. Carlos is able to bridge from his branch of wizardry and the divergent practices of these blue people. Reading between the lines it is clear that their world is steeped in mystical power, but there are no massive ley lines or nearly the destructive level of magic potential that exists here on Rifts Earth. For his part, Carlos struggles to understand one part about their magic system: they seem to refer to themselves as the source of magical energy, not an outside phenomenon like a ley line.

"Please, can you tell us more of this world?" the leader asks Carlos, shifting the conversation away from the esoteric to the brutally practical. "Why did those black armored beings want to hurt us so bad? We may have made a mistake in escaping here."

Before the conversation can progress however, it appears that two of the soldiers from the fight in the town are running straight towards Carlos and is friends. But after a burst of rail gun fire, they stop and look at each other...then put up their hands and turn around and walk back towards the town.

George at Annies:
George franticly shoots enforcer in the face--the unarmored face--and grazes the man's cheek, right next to his eye. It draws a little bit of blood and singes enough hair to stink up the whole restaurant. It also leaves the man slightly dazed as he blinks away the pain and stars. Off balance maybe, but George can't budge the much smaller negotiator as he tries to push them out the door. But with a second heave, the two of them tumble out into the street. The negotiator lands a couple feet away from George, who remains standing on the boardwalk. The negotiator, he's in the dirt street.

Hawdore:
Taking whatever aim is possible when one is shot up and using a machine gun, Hawdore fires warning shots followed by a polite command at the retreating enemies. The immediate effect: they stop in their tracks.

And at that moment, a very alive body tumbles on the street with an equally alive grackletooth standing over him from the boardwalk to Hawdore's left. It's George!

The cook reflexively shoots the negotiator, startled by his sudden appearance. He hits the downed man in the chest, but a shotgun is not made for modern armor. A few of the pellets bounce off the armor and the hot lead hits the guy in the face. He's not happy at all. The black market negotiator stands up while the cook reloads the boom stick.

The bandits stop. Then they are slowly turning around, hands in the air. They drop their rifles and start to shuffle back. They look utterly defeated.

Jess comes clomping up the street to stand next George. "What do you need, boss?"

Hawdore and George have seen the Headhunter inside Annie's and know that he is a tough, heavily cybered customer. So as they glance inside the window, they are both surprised to see that the Sheriff is wrestling with the Headhunter over the chainsword. And holding his own. He in fact wrests the giant sword from the grasp of the Headhunter. For Hawdore especially, a display of strength like that is most unexpected.

Action Cards
George 4H (Outside)
Gummy 7H (Inside)
Hawdore QD (Outside)
Cook (Outside) 2H
Negotiating Bads 7S (Negotiator (Shaken, 1 Wound, grappled), Headhunter (Inside, in melee with Gummy, Sheriff), Enforcer (Inside, Shaken-This Round))
Annie's Staff (Inside) 5H
Simba (Outside) QC
Sheriff 9D (Inside, 1 Wound) AS
Outside Bads (Shaken) 3C
Jessica Hold (Acts on George)
Carlos - hold
Blue dbees - hold
Ferrax - hold

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 92
Reply with quote
Notice 5, Intimidate 9
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)

Intimidate 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
ACE Running Total 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
ACE Running Total 1d4+6 = 9 (3)
Wild Intimidate 1d6-2 = 2 (4)


George nods to Jess. "Keep this one being friendly-like. If he does something stupid, thump him." Then he goes over to the door, shouting in. "You two! It's time to give it up. Everyone out here is already dead or captured, and even if Gummy don't take you down, eventually you'll have to come outside, where you'll get roasted, blasted and, given that we got a Simvan out here, probably eaten. So what say you finally show a little common sense, put down your weapons and come out with your hands up, so's we can maybe come up with a way for some of you to survive all this?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:49 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos decides to see if he can explain, "A long time ago, perhaps ten or twenty of their generations ago, this world was a place with only one tribe inhabiting it. They called themselves humans, and they used non-living artificial tools for everything, as they had no magic and little respect for the living world. They covered the world in great numbers. There was a war fought, and many died, pouring out their life energies like water so that it flowed into rivers of energy that could be seen glowing at night...and where the rivers met they tore holes in the world, letting things from beyond enter. Some things were harmless, or even useful, but many were terrors who sought destruction. My own people were among those who came then, and some consider us among the terrors."

He continues, "Some of those of the local tribe who survived huddled in their remaining cities and feared, thinking that everything beyond their walls was terrors seeking only their destruction. Among them rose leaders who told them that everything which came from beyond was a Terror and must be cleansed from the land. These, then, were the ancestors of the Coalition, who hate all of us simply because we are not them."

Carlos adds, "Others drank deep of the life energies that flow like rivers, seeking to learn to tame them and use their power. Of those, some sought to live with the world, some to find new ways through it, and yet others to control it. Those who seek to control the world by magic are called Federation of Magic, and they are of the belief that all who use magic should serve them...so they consider those like myself who have magic and do not follow them as criminals and rivals."

He notes, "To the Federation, you are like food animals...a good and portable source of the energies they need, but since you are not trained in magic, they do not see you as equals to join them, nor as rivals."

He gestures around, "Out there are many others. There are some who are friendly...or would be if given the chance. There are those who are wicked and self serving. There are those who just want to be left alone, and those who see everything else in the world as food. This world is strange and diverse. Most in my tribe have a gift for living in harmony with dangerous animals and can use them as weapons, and follow an old savage cult which calls for consuming a worthy foe to make his strength their own. I have chosen to follow a different path, but it tends to be best to be cautious of others you meet and let their actions speak to their intent."

Carlos is not entirely sure which group the "black armored ones" were, it could be a description of the Coalition, but it might be all too many others as well.

He considers a bit, "Were I you, I would find a group to ally with and learn a magic that can defend you to which those of you with little training could still add. Something like my own Eco-wizardry would do you well, for one like me can build magic tools that any of you can use. Though I dislike Techno-wizards for their reliance on thing not of nature, their form of magic could also serve you well. Note well, I say any of YOU could use these tools, for all of you have a gift for magic, others are not so gifted. Some, who lack the gifts you have, will fear you for them. Those who fear you rarely make good allies."

OOC Comments
General Knowledge 1d10 (9) Wild Knowledge 1d6 (1)
Notice 1d8 (2) Wild Notice 1d6 (2)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


Seeing how the outside forces are submissive, Simba doesn't want to destroy the buildings any more then he already has. If I fly in throwing magic around, it might cause more damage then good. It looks like the Blue creatures and the alligator could probably use some help. Simba flys down to Carlos and the Blue D-Bees. He ensures his Mass Understanding power. All the d-bees, Carlos and Simba are affected.

"Please allow me to help in some small way. This will allow us to communicate more efficiently. I am Simba, from the Tomorrow Legion" Simba listens to Carlos Explanation.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 55
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice: 1d8 (1) Wild Die 1d6 (3)
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
Hawdore herds his prisoners over to where Jessica is guarding the other prisoners. His side still ached abominably but it did not seem to be getting any worse at least for the moment. I wonder what will happen if these marketeers refuse to see reason and surrender? Come to think of it what will happen if they do! I doubt the town will thank us if we end up making them enemies of these peoples' organization. Ah well, I've made the best decisions I could in the time I had to make them. We'll just have to figure something out.

Shaking his head he and his prisoners moved up to the diner. "Have a seat please and do not cause any trouble. Getting shot would not be pleasant and I suspect getting pummeled by a Glitter Boy would be more unpleasant still. It certainly would take longer." Having said that he waited with Jessica to see if the remaining marketeers would see reason and take George's offer to give themselves up and ready to charge in to assist the Sheriff and the other newcomer if they did not.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers

Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Code:
[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]


Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4 (1) +2 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 (1)


Past the point of frustration, Gummy merely grimaced at immeasurably obstinate foe. . . after all, didn't he know who she was?!

Turning your back on me. . .

Gummy goaded herself onward in pursuit of the headhunter, now trying to engage another foe, if for no other reason than to collect a debt she now felt owed. Given the probable pain that massive chain-sword could inflict, she chose to be somewhat more tactful in her swordplay, no more wild gambits -- clearly luck wasn't on her side in this little foray and she would play a little more conservatively in lieu of that blessing.

Of course that internal perspective probably did little to make it look less comical to others perhaps, a relatively diminutive girl swinging a sword in immense frustration as it harmlessly plinks off a techno-brute paying her little heed.

Regular attack [1 total, +1 for Trademark Weapon]

Attack Roll
Fighting 1d12+1 = 4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1835 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image


THE LAST HAIRCUT
Little dust devils swirl down the hardpacked earth of the main street. The world beyond the little town seems absolutely still, not even the clouds are moving. Off to the west a few god-rays break through the overcast clouds, as if to prove that it is indeed slowly setting. The day's heat is starting to radiate from the earth as the ambient air cools.

George
Maybe it was the heat, or the dust, or the silence. Or maybe it was that George is huge and has big teeth and claws. Or George just asked nicely. Maybe it was the Boom Gun pointed at his face. Whatever the reason, the tough negotiator relaxes and raises his hands. "Okay boss, you got me." and a moment later, George can hear him say, "Stand down boys, no profit in it anymore."

Gummy
Something is not working for Gummy right now. Maybe she needs to see a cyber-doc and get a refund. All the intent, all the knowledge is there, the years of combat training. But what have the come to? Bouncing her famed sword off this doofus like he's the hull of an Imperial battleship? Yup. That's what it's come to.

Hawdore
Hobo's aren't generally the scariest of people, normally kind of pathetic. But Murder Hobos on the other hand seem to be scary as shit. Even if Hawdore doesn't know it yet, he's fully utilizing the fear power. Look what George did! Hawdore did it too! His prisoners are even more docile now, seeing their fearless leader throwing hands up. Whatever hope was kindled by the ruckus inside is quickly squashed when Hawdore mentions Glitter Boy pummeling.

The cook has now reloaded his book stick and looks to Hawdore and George for direction. Currently he has the shotgun pointed at the negotiator, but his eyes as, "should I go inside?"

Inside
The Headhunter decides he doesn't like being crowded. He also isn't going to stand down. He goes for broke. He quick draws the ion pistol, the rail gun is not only on the ground, but it's far to big to for a close fight. He fires two barely aimed shots at Gummy and the Sheriff. They go wide and punch holes in the restaurant's wooden walls. There is bloodlust in his eyes and he shows no sign of giving up.

The enforcer rolls over and makes like to crawl out the door. He's slow, but with his hands outstretched he surrenders to the people outside.

Annie's staff has now consolidated behind the bar, and are barely peeking over to see what's happening. They are making no movements to get involved.

The Sheriff takes a swing at the techno-warrior with the stolen chainsword. He strikes the armored bad guy hard with the chainsword, the grinding teeth chewing through--nothing. He has no more effect than any of Gummy's attacks. Either this is the toughest bad guy ever, or the worst good guys ever.

Lecture Hall--Carlos, Simba
At first the blue people are concerned when the bat-creature enters their little circle of love. Carlos has been doing an excellent job of not only teaching these beings about eco-wizardry, he has also been doing a good job explaining their dangerous new home. Simba's appearance combined with Carlos' equally alien appearance actually reassures the blue people, once they realize Simba isn't out to kill them, that there might be room on this world for them. This group has had deadly encounters with humans for the most part. Everyone hates brodkil, they are obviously demonic, and demons are apparently a megaversal constant.

Simba, also a relative newcomer to this world, learns much from Carlos. Simba has been around enough to know that Carlos is a Simvan, known as savages and cannibals throughout the land, but listening to him talk, Simba is struck by the depth of knowledge this "savage" possesses.

The leader of the blue people points to the town. He says, "Is it your people that are subduing the other group? Can you tell us who is who, for there are many that look like the, humans, I think, that tried to kill us. But they all look the same. I can tell the long-necked creature is not human, nor the creature with a tail. Are they part of your tribe?" He looks towards Simba and asks him a similar question, "You are not human, are you part of Carlos' tribe?"

Action Cards
Gummy (Inside) Joker
Annie's Staff (Inside) AS
Sheriff (Inside, 1 Wound) AH
Negotiating Bads QC (Negotiator (surrendered), Headhunter (Inside, in melee with Gummy, Sheriff), Enforcer (surrendered))

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 87
Reply with quote
Carlos says, "I am sort of a probationary member of the tribe, I have not yet shown that I have a place with them. The tribe is called the Tomorrow Legion, and they are a tribe by adoption. They adopt in those of good intent who wish to join them, and are willing to face up to those of ill intent. Many are human, some are not. From all I have heard, they care not what you look like or whether you have magic or not, What they care about is what you do."

He adds, "I have been with the group a very short time, so I can not swear to how much of this statement is truth and how much is rumor."

OOC Comments
I do not see any need to roll for THIS, as it is only repeating a reputation or rumor.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4 (2) +2 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 (2)


A sly, yet astonishingly vengeful, smirk briefly answers the headhunters growing fervor -- if he was just as frustrated as she was, that might give Gummy the minute opening she needs.

Attempting to lever numbers against this horrible, horrible turtle-man, she takes the initiative to hone in at least one decisive blow. In a perturbingly playful pout she squeaks out a syllabic "Sayonara!"

Wild Strike [+1 Trademark Weapon, +1 Gang-up (if appropriate), +2 Joker, +2 Wild Strike]

Attack Roll
1d12+6 = 16 (10)
Wild 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 (2)


Damage
1d10 (5)+ 1d8 (5) +2 Joker, +2 Wild Strike
Attack Raise 1d6 (2)

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
Quote:
"You are not human, are you part of Carlos' tribe?"


Quote:
Carlos says, "I am sort of a probationary member of the tribe, I have not yet shown that I have a place with them. The tribe is called the Tomorrow Legion, and they are a tribe by adoption. They adopt in those of good intent who wish to join them, and are willing to face up to those of ill intent. Many are human, some are not. From all I have heard, they care not what you look like or whether you have magic or not, What they care about is what you do."


Simba stands there and listens to Carlos explanation. Via the telepathic communication Simba responds to the blue elf. "From everything I have seen at the village they are from, (points at Carlos) this one is correct. There is a wide variety of different beings. Some like you who are not blue, some like this one (pointing at Carlos one again) and some like the natives. My name is Simba, I am the healer for my tribe. My tribe is not from this world just like you are not from this world. It appears that my body is so different that I am not able to communicate like you or everyone else. I have seen other creatures like myself, smaller,
must less developed on the planet. I arrived here in an attempt join this group of people and hopefully help others with my gifts."

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:15 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
MINI POST FOR THE THREE POSTERS WHO AREN'T MINI AT ALL!






Annie's Is Now Serving Gummy's!
Inside the restaurant the action starts to fizzle. It's a stalemate. Gummy and the Sheriff both seem unable to land a solid blow and the headhunter can't get away or get a blow of his own in. He stares down Gummy and the Sheriff for a few more seconds. The few human parts of him exposed seem to be tensed and ready to strike. The moment drags on. Gummy recovers from her might, but still ineffective strike with her special weapon getting back into position for another attack. The Sheriff is doing the same, his last sweep with the great chainsword ripping through the headhunters outer layers of armor without cutting anything beneath. Much like Gummy's attack which had left a long clean slice down the headhunter's shoulder, but her range had been just a millimeter off and the blade didn't bite deep enough.

Throwing his hands up and kneeling down, the headhunter finally surrenders.

Thinkin' and talkin' makes us a might huuungry
Simba's arrival in the small group of dimensional beings caused a stir and some serious consternation at first. But when he and Carlos seemed to be on friendly terms, the blue people relaxed. They listened intently to Simba's descriptions of the world too. There nods at the right time to nod, head shakes at the right to time to shake. Simba notes, as Carlos probably already had, [He had, I just thought I should actually say it!] that these people never refer to themselves by name, just as people. The are calm and quite, and between Simba and Carlos, they discover that they are a pacifistic society. While the have a strong connection to magic energy, they are not strong practitioners. As the discussion progresses, Simba also learns a bit about Carlos. The blue dbees' questions include things about whether Simba uses eco-wizadry as well.

Finally though, the leader sums up their position for the two Tomorrow Legion maybes. "We thank you very much for all you have done to help us. We however feel as guilty for the pain and death as if we had been the perpetrators. It is loathe for us to have others fight on our behalf. That is worse than us fighting for ourselves. We wish to live in peace and to remain free from violence. Carlos, would you teach us some of your skills, like the one that hid us from the battle?"

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.