View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 am



Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ] 
 EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1003 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.58.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.58.11 AM.png [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 1688 times ]

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

I JUST WANT THE GOLD IN THESE HILLS!Carlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

Carlos is maybe too disturbed by the situation and his shot is off, his magic missile pass far from his intended target. Things have started to happen, the standoff is over, and that may have thrown off his aim.

Simba soars on the thermals coming from the warming air. This keeps him far from the cat and he can see some of the CS troops scampering around like ants off to the east of his position. Looking back down at the standoff, Simba also witnesses the lightning fast combat begin.

As George is just digesting the radio message, that's when he sees the cat and the wraiths clash. In a blink they'd closed to melee distance!

Gummy is cursing and maybe even spluttering a little bit, and it pays off, for a brief moment, she can see! It's pretty bad, what she sees, but she's seen worse, of course. She knows that the cat and the wraiths are fast, because she is fast and they seem fast to her. And the force with which they collide is incredible, but it's like a good martial arts match though, that force isn't wild or imprecise. These are creatures bred for only one thing, killing.

The fight goes something like this: the cat swings and misses once, swings and hits on the second try, his claws slicing through the undead flesh and the juicer plate the wraith is wearing. Sheered almost in half, the undead falls to the ground and doesn't move again. Meanwhile his two companions swing at the cat with vibro-swords, but the cat either avoids them, or deflects the high-tech blades with his claws! Cat 1. Wraiths 0.

Hawdore is not really involved in the drama with the cat and the murder-wraiths at the moment, he's focused on something else. The feeling he gets from the CS is a little muddled, but that's because there are several conflicting efforts. First, there's the search for the "the box", for most of the group that's an earnest desire. The box is a recording device of some kind, a scientific instrument of sorts. He realizes that one of the parties doesn't care about retrieving the box or the cat, he intends to kill everyone else with the airstrike!

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1003 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE SERVANTS YOU HAD! Freeman, Reiko
They were an uncomfortable pair sitting inside Annie's Restaurant. Everyone has to eat, and this place in Meredithtown had enough of a reputation to put the little town in the minds of the kind of people that drift out across the high plains.

Reiko had a reason for being here. Freeman had a reason for being here. Chances are, both reasons are different, but the same in that they are both lies.

Freeman just wanted to get the hell out of Dodge, Roswell to be precise. And anyone who wants anything in Roswell stops by U-Mart on the way out. Its vast number of customers from all walks of life makes it a reasonable place for a clandestine meet with contact who can help get you out of town. So, Freeman's friend gives him a little computer tablet. "Here," he says, "this is a letter of introduction to the Tomorrow Legion. I know what you're going to say, okay?" the mysterious contact puts his hands up in a mock-pleading gesture. "But the fact is, that, it's that there is a Tomorrow Legion team close, and they can provide you much needed protection and distraction while you sort things out. That's what you asked for, isn't it?" As Freeman starts to grudgingly agree, the mysterious contact says, "There is one teeeeeny little complication. You have to babysit someone on the trip. Someone the Tomorrow Legion actually wants to see. It's right there in the introduction. See, right there." Scratching his face the mysterious contact says, "I don't know, but apparently she's some Japanese princess playing cyberknight and they don't want her hurt. Bad PR and all that."

Leaving Wyoming, Reiko had headed south. The arid land was so much different from her ancestral home. The mountains dwarfed anything she'd seen before. The vastness of the plains. It was all beyond imagination. But it was also littered with the destroyed remnants of an era long gone, in this part of the world at least. Japan had not lost everything like these people. She had a mandate from the Grand Master to search out a person in Roswell who could help guide her on the path of the Cyberknight. She located the person and obtained an audience with him, or in more prosaic terms, they had a meeting. In the meeting, it was discussed, among the pleasantries worthy of any polite Japanese formal conversation, that she was needed to help bring a fugitive from the CS to the Tomorrow Legion. The link between the Cyberknights and the Tomorrow Legion is well known, so this mission seemed perfectly plausible and completely in line with her code as a cyberknight. She was given the option of remaining with this Legion outreach team when she had delivered her charge. Given the option of choosing to say with them, not the option to leave. Apparently, though like many things of value in a good conversation it was unsaid, this defector might need a little looking after, his change of heart might be more circumstantial than honest, but his high-value CS intel is worth the effort.

Pros: They made it to Meredith Town where they were supposed to meet the Tomorrow Legion 4th COT, under command of a grackle tooth named Gorgeous George (that's probably not his real name). The were both very attractive people. They both spoke a lot of languages, at least two in common even.
Cons: Reiko didn't have transportation, so they (she) had to ride in a peddlers wagon, it smelled of vinegar and almonds. The wagon owner/snake oil salesman kept trying to convince both of them that his elixir could cure everything. It couldn't. It took four days from Roswell to Meredithtown.

So here they are, at Annie's. And as far a country food goes, Annie's is darn good. The cook looked vaguely familiar when Freeman caught a glance of him in the kitchen, but otherwise, there was nothing to do but wait. Thankfully, they didn't have to wait long. Soon the Sheriff, a stereotypical cowboy type with a drawl and laid back demeanor pulled up a chair and leaned his elbows on the table. "I hear ya'll are looking for those Tomorrow Legion folks. They were here yesterday. Caused a little ruckus, mind you, wasn't really their doing, but they were here for it. Anyway, they seemed like stand up folk. They're off on the old road, said they're making some sort of good will tour round here. They're using a Behemoth as their base of operations. Shouldn't be too hard to fine. But watch out, there has been an awful lot of extra visits from Lone Star lately."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
The Tomorrow Legion? Freeman thinks as his contact reveals the mission details. A bunch of do gooders saving d-bees from Tolkeen and giving Arkansas trouble in their back yard. Having never worked in the eastern states John knows very little about the legion but they sound like the worst kind of people. All happy to do the right things and stick up for everyone. Well if Lyboc doesn't kill me, their optimism will.

Having given up his disguises for his plain face Freeman rubs his hand over his crew cut hair and stands, his army issue shirt clean but well worn. Sighing deeply he grabs the info, dons his ball cap and heads for his SAMAS. He spray painted it a little but he needed to get up some credits to get a custom paint job, make it look a little less obvious where he stole it from. Then again, nothing says runaway CS deserter liked freshly scorched dead boy armor.

Happy to have Roswell in his rear-view, Freeman takes in Meredithtown watching the locals for little quirks, habits, mannerisms and turns of phrase. The lack of massive social networks and communications in the settlements outside of the CS made for many colloquial versions of American. Nothing that inhibited communications entirely, but enough to add some charming regionalism to most places. The best way to sound like an outsider was to speak perfect CS American. His attention is split between observing the town and keeping an eye on his traveling companion. A princess apparently. Of course, outside the Domain of Man any idiot with a power armor could call himself king of some po-dunk hick town. However, this woman certainly has the bearing of a warrior. Freeman would have to keep a close eye on her, but she looks like she can handle herself in a fight.

The spooks' musings are interrupted by an overly friendly sheriff, nodding emphatically and speaking more loudly than necessary, Freeman does his best to mirror the man's behaviours and accent without being obvious or obtuse, "Well that's great news sheriff! Hopefully our people didn't leave too much of a mess behind, or at least offered to clean it up. You're darn right that finding a big behemoth out on the road shouldn't be too hard. Can you point us in the right direction? Don't want to head down the new road by mistake!"

After exchanging pleasantries with the sheriff, making nice with the waitress, and burning the cook's face into his memory Freeman dons his floppy cowboy hat and looks to his companion, "Well, ma'am, seems like we have us a lead. Shall we go find out what the Tomorrow Legion has in store for us?"

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
IF IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK
The Sheriff gives Freeman a long hard look after he hears him speak. Finally he says with some edge in his voice, "Son, I liked those people, you don't mean them no harm, do ya?"

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Persuasion 7
Persuasion 1d10+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

"Harm? Freeman asks with a flabbergasted look on his face. "No sir, we're supposed to join up with them."

Something is off about this guy. The sheriff's movement from huckleberry to inquiry forces John to take a harder look at the man. He was sharper than he let on, maybe a former merc or savvy adventurer or even an intelligence agent himself. Although, Freeman doubts that last one there isn't much need to spy on Meredith Town - unless he's looking for someone.

Notice 5
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (5)

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
George:
Notice 1d4 (4)
Wild Notice 1d6 (1)
ACE Running Total 1d4+4 = 5 (1)

Using this round to take the Aim Maneuver at the battlecat: +2 to Shooting so long as he doesn't move first, or change targets.

Waiting for Hawdore's report before posting Big Al's response.


George keeps a close eye on the fight, even as he continues to wave to Carlos to come around the melee and join himself and Gummy. He uses his tail to pull out the Wilk's 227, and takes aim at the cat--it's looking pretty clear which abomination is going to actually win this fight, and besides, his laser won't even scratch the damned Wraiths. For that matter, neither does Gummy's blade. If the Wraiths manage to beat the cat down, I'll need to let Khar-Loez try to drop them.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

Reiko poked at her burger and fries. It wasn’t bad. In fact, it was pretty good compared to what she had been eating in her travels out west here. But she found herself missing, not for the first time, some good sushi and sake, or maybe some tempura. She stared across the table at her mark. No, she had to correct that thinking. He wasn’t a target. She was supposed to keep an eye on him, yes, but also protect him. He had valuable information. The Grand Master thought it needed to go to some people called the Tomorrow Legion.

Reiko had heard rumors of these people, traveling up from the southern Pecos Empire after arriving here in North America on a cargo ship from England. She had spent some time in the Colorado Baronies after her induction into the cyber-knights at New Alamo. In the Baronies, she’d plied her old trade, working at a brothel, while seducing and watching some man named Jude for a talking cat named Sammy.

The open spaces of the West were so different from her home in Japan. But they were a long way from the Black Hand Clan that had raised her, taught her the trade of seduction and assassination, and ultimately forced her to kill the man with whom she had fallen in love.

They were a long way from the temptation of vengeance. The quiet solitude of the great expanses here were conducive to her continuing efforts to walk the straight and narrow, to atone for the evil deeds she had done.

And what about this man across from her? Was he as evil as many said the Coalition were? He was a fugitive, but that did not mean he was good. It would be her job to put him down, should it be needed. She glanced out at the SAMAS outside and found herself smiling. It would be a challenge. Reiko enjoyed a challenge, a chance to prove her skills, that she was better than others. Because she was. How else had she escaped the Black Hand? One did not leave the clan, sometimes not even if one was dead.

When the local sheriff pulled up a seat, Reiko tensed, her water blue, almond shaped eyes sliding to the man. Everyone was so friendly, so informal, so different from Japan. In Japan, she would have been within her rights to cut him down for not observing the proper formalities and disrespecting her.

But this wasn’t Japan.

Freeman was too...free with his words. He basically told the entire diner where they could find them, should any enemy wish them ill.

"Well, ma'am, seems like we have us a lead. Shall we go find out what the Tomorrow Legion has in store for us?"

Reiko stared back at Freeman. “Yes,” she said simply, folding her paper napkin carefully and laying it on her plate.

The sheriff seemed to take some kind of exception to Freeman’s words. That was the problem with those who talked too much. Slowly Reiko picked up the knife that had come with her meal, her hand sliding under the table. It was dull, but she started to bend it into a kind of makeshift knuckles, slipping her hand into it.

Reiko froze. No, this man did not mean them harm. She was overreacting, jumpy. It was her old training. She took a breath to center herself. She was a cyber-knight now. She had a psionic katana. She stood for order and goodness in the world. She was no longer an agent of death -- at least not to those undeserving.

“No harm will come to anyone from us.” The slight Japanese girl spoke quietly, with an accent. “Unless they wish it.” She gave the sheriff a smile that did not quite reach those strange, water blue eyes.

Reiko put a bit of power into the armor she wore, feeling its weight lessen. The composite plates and mesh were lightweight, black, and barely noticeable beneath the long coat she wore, tight across her upper body, loose at the waist, a slit up the back to allow the two halves to flare out and keep her free for movement. She put the hood up. It was soft and flexible for now, but with a touch of power she could make it harden into a proper helm and add a mask.

“We should be on our way,” Reiko told Freeman as she stood. As she did, the black hilt of her Wilk’s 320 laser pistol was visible in a front draw holster. Her NG-L5 laser rifle was strapped in an easy draw position to her survival pack, which she picked up. No one much seemed to mind the weapons, however. No one really traveled unarmed in the west.

As they walked out of the diner, tendrils of black shadow seemed to wisp from under Reiko’s cloak, part of the enchantment on her armor that let her blend into shadows. She palmed the pepper shaker from the table and slipped it into a pocket of her coat. Reiko paused in the door of the dinner and looked up at the security camera. She concentrated, and there was a slight whirr and then a wisp of white electrical smoke from the device. No sense leaving any trace of them here.

As Freeman was preparing his SAMAS, Reiko strapped on her pack and looked down the road. “I note the sheriff did not say how far down the road these Legionnaires were,” she commented to Freeman. She started off. He could catch up easily in that power armor, and if he needed help, he had her comm. She stared up at the sun. She would prefer to travel at night.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 1612 times ]

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

THAT BIG MOOSE COULD BREAK YOUR HEAD WITH ONE HANDCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The cat-wraith battle is a bit of a stalemate at this point, none of the blazingly fast opponents can seem to land a hit on each other.

It talks almost all of George's concentration to just keep the gun sighted on the cat. As one would expect, the wraiths move like juicers. But the cat moves in a different way. The cat has been seriously wired.

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BECAUSE, IT'S SORT OF A SPECIAL PLACE TO ME Freeman, Reiko

The road leaving town is easy hard packed earth with a low split rail fence along each side. Some scrub bush here and there, dried grasses and lots and lots of dust. But after a bout a mile, the fence tapers off and ends. Then the road gets more indistinct. There's a line where the terrain is different, but has no distinct edges and rolls different than the surrounding land. Large slabs of broken concrete jut up here and there, dare I say, like tombstones of a forgotten age?

Heading east, the only marks are from the wagon train and the SAMAS. Heading the other way though, there are no Behemoth tracks, but there are plenty of other things, hover cycles, dinosaurs, and more. More than enough to cause the ruckus the Sheriff mentioned. Freeman obviously knows enough western parlance to know that "a little ruckus" means a hell of a ruckus.
What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
[/quote]

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Checking the road Freeman frowns, "You'd think a Behemoth would be easier to follow." Of course he is no skilled tracker, I need Egan Grey here with me, he'd be able to pick up the trail no problem. Of course, he might also kill everyone involved in cold blood. Perfect attributes for a CS Ranger, but now I am with this Tomorrow Legion. They probably have stupid ideas about defending life in all its forms. Shaking his head, John looks at his travelling companion.

"Shall we head west? I don't know anything about the group's mission, so it's hard to surmise where they might have went from here. If you have any insights, I'd be happy to hear them." Well not happy exactly, but at least she's easy to look at. Probably shape changes into a snake or something. I hate snakes.

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 15
Notice 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 15 (7)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Reiko knelt in the dirt, surveying the road. Why didn’t the sheriff just tell them which way the damn Legionnaires went? She wasn’t about to admit to the gaijin that she wasn’t much of a tracker, either. But she would give it a shot. She closed her eyes and focused on the nanites in her system, the gift of the cyber-knights.

Boost Tracking 3 Fail
Psionics 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Unfortunately, Reiko felt the connection fail. She scowled in frustration and looked at the road again.

Tracking 2 Fail
Tracking 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)


Reiko grit her teeth. She couldn’t make sense of it. She straightened up. “They may be off the road,” she said. “There is little of a road left, anyway, and if they have a Behemoth, they would not need it. You have the capability to fly, John Freeman. Perhaps a higher vantage would benefit us.” She pushed back a lock of dark hair from her water blue eyes. “How far do your sensors go?”

She refused to go back to town with her tail between her legs and ask for directions.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 28/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Reiko Tanaka wrote:
Reiko grit her teeth. She couldn’t make sense of it. She straightened up. “They may be off the road,” she said. “There is little of a road left, anyway, and if they have a Behemoth, they would not need it. You have the capability to fly, John Freeman. Perhaps a higher vantage would benefit us.” She pushed back a lock of dark hair from her water blue eyes. “How far do your sensors go?”


When inquired about his sensor range John's first instinct is to say, That's classified. At the moment he suddenly realizes security clearance is out the window. Then again, he wasn't about to spill all the secrets of the Coalition.

"I can get pretty good range on my sensors, let me take a minute to fly a quick recon route. Just remember when I'm up high a lot more things can see me too, be ready for trouble."

Taking to the air, John uses his sensors to see if he can spot the Behemoth. He hopes his fifty times optical zoom is enough or combat radar are enough.

Notice 17
Notice 1d8+2 = 10 (8) Ace: 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace 1d6 (4)

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George continues to focus on the cat, while waiting for Carlos to do his thing. He knows he can trust Gummy to back his play, if necessary.

Meanwhile, Big Al begins talking to Hawdore. "Do you think you can locate this 'box' they're looking for? I don't know if we're better off trying to snag it or to avoid it at all costs, but I do think we'd be better off knowing where it is."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 1d4+1 = 4 (3)
Wild 1d6+1 = 5 (4)

Despite the momentary clarity of vision, Gummy finds it immeasurably frustrating to deal with her intermittent sight in the midst of combat -- while fully engaged at the moment, it was impossible to ignore the omnipresence of her faltering tech.

Baaaahhh!

Attempting to downplay her peaking temper, Gummy speaks very little, although does fully acknowledge the snippets of conversation. There's no advice she can offer Carlos that hasn't already been suggested, but certainly, she felt it would be far wiser to put as much distance between herself and the skirmish as possible had their roles been reversed. Even the haste of the hovercycle was little reprise from the violent immediacy of the enemies so furiously engaged, especially given the expired nature of several combatants.

Regardless of her wary summation of the battlecat amalgamation, Gummy was ready to fight should it be necessary -- whatever that creature was, it seemed at least mortal. That she could work with.

. . . eh, let us see which mess we have to clean up. . .

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


***

“I’m always ready for trouble,” Reiko said. She watched John Freeman fly up, and then stepped off the road into the shadow of one of the upturned concrete blocks, slowly disappearing into the shadows.

Boost Stealth 3 Fail
Psionics 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Stealth 5
Stealth 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

***

[OOC=Conditions]
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Simba continues to monitor the situation. Neither this cat creature or those dreadful undead creatures look like they are making any head way. Hopefully when all is said and done, hopefully the winner is going to be so injured, we can safely dispatch them. Simba will take a moment to look at the activity of the metal men, and ensure no one else is coming to surprise them. Taking advantage of the height.

Notice
Notice: 1d6+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

YOU LOOK MIGHTY UNHAPPY MA'AMCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The monster-vs-cat fight is actually a little dull. They really should be doing more damage to each other. A few gentle slaps and no blood or juicey undead guts spilled. One could call it incompetence or maybe it could be just dumb bad luck.

George's continued observations reinforce his conclusion: this cat is cybered up with cutting edge stuff. Despite her current impediment, Gummy can observe the fatigue building in the cat.

From above Simba gets the best view of the what the CS forces are doing. They are consolidating, the two air cars have landed and a pair of lightly armed figures disembark.

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

WORKING OUT BETTER THAN YOU HOPED FOR BOSS Freeman, Reiko

Altitude, sensors and a keen sense of direction server Freeman better than all of Reiko's special features. Now Reiko does certainly spot a lot interesting details. There is a big hole in the prairie that has been recently covered. A BIG hole. And recently as in yesterday.

Now Freeman, from his position he spots all sorts of fun. The Behemoth is there, 30 minutes out for the SAMAS. But there are other things going on. Maybe a lot more. No shots fired as of yet, that he can see. By his count four SAMAS and two sky cars are heading to the same position. And a thing that barely registers.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Fudging sensor ranges for sake of getting the gang together.
  2. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

Reiko paused as she came to the hole in the ground. A big hole. She tapped her comm to activate it.

“I have something here, Freeman,” the ninja cyber-knight said. “Someone dug something big out of the ground. It’s fresh. Like yesterday fresh.”

Reiko started to work around the edge of the hole, trying to judge its size and depth and shape. What had it been? And what could have dug it out?

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Setting down next to Reiko, Freeman takes a minute to inspect the hole while updating her.

"I spotted the behemoth, 30 minutes out. Looks like they are about to tango with some CS. Not sure if we can get there in time to make much difference, but I might be able to spoof the CS to buy the group a little time."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George, lacking any further impetus, opts to keep his gun ready and aimed at the cat. "Carlos, mebbe get that cage ready, just in case."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Notice 13
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (5) Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4)


Simba maintains orbit around the fight. The two sides seem to be sizing each other up. It would be a shame to kill an intelligent creature, if it is intelligent.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos searches in his packs and comes up with a selection of rib bones and some ligaments. He will need to make three sections, each using bones from the same rib cage. The ribs will have to be from next to one another for the first and second. The third will need to be a rib from the top of the set and a rib from the bottom of the set. That way the ribs magically link to form a circle. He will have to place the devices at three points equal parts of the way around the circle or as close as he can come. Each part will also need an anchor made from a leg bone wet at an angle pointing inwards toward the center of the circle and a piece of the headbone of a dino that pushes down trees so as to create a force that pushes back anything that tries to pass the circle formed by the innermost point of the anchors.

OOC Comments
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 (4) Wild Arcana 1d6 (6) WA Ace 1d5 (5) Arcana = 11
Ecowizardry 1d10 (10) Wild EW 1d6 (5) EW Ace 1d10 (3) Ecowizardry = 13
Ride 1d6 (2) Wild Ride 1d6 (1) Ride = 2
Notice 1d8 (1) Wild Notice 1d6 (1) Notice = 1 (botch)


After finishing his devices Carlos tries to rid around the creatures, but his Ostrasaurus refuses to go downwind of the creatures and he is forced to walk. He is co concerned with hiswork that he is oblivious to his surroundings.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Last edited by Carlos on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 12 2 Raises
Notice 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 12 (4)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

“Half hour for you, or for me, Freeman?” Reiko asked as she continued to circle and examine the pit. “Can you carry me in that fancy jet suit? Or am I to be left behind?” She glanced over to the impassive face plate of the SAMAS armor. It was impossible to read someone through it. She wondered if her own black half mask were as inscrutable. Her water blue eyes were still visible until she put down her visor, though, and sealed the cyber-knight armor. She wasn’t wearing her geisha makeup at the moment. “What do you make of this?” She indicated the hole.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY PICKED UP A LITTLE COMPANYCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The odds change in the fight. The cat lands a terrible blow on one of the murder wraiths, nearly rending it in half. The remaining wraith scores a hit on the cat, but it's not enough to take it down. It seems to have the opposite effect as the cat crouches down and roars right in the wraith's face. The cat just spit in a murder wraith's face.

Simba has a good view of the gross elements of the combat from his perch above. He can't see the spittle flying from feline mouth to undead face, but he can clearly tell that one wraith is down, one wraith and the cat are still fighting. When the cat roars, he hears it but he also senses a burst of psychic energy

Now, on the Coalition side of the game, he sees that the two non-combat types are performing a very thorough search of the ground. He doesn't have much experience with human kinesics, but he can still tell that one of them is getting very very agitated.

George, as he observes more and more of this confrontation, he gains even more insight into this beast's construction. It is clearly a mutant cat of some large species, just like a dog boy or a normal battle cat. This creature has a heavy armor. And he now understands partly why his strikes are as effective as they are, at least against a normal target the enlarged vibro-claws on its hands would be devastating. There must be something else at work to let it rend undead the way it does.

A creature of nature, utilizing every element in harmony is Carlos's way. And he performs his complex ecowizardy with elegance. And then he goes to get on the dino. It not only spooks, but in the process Carlos trips, lands face first, or more accurately, left-eye first into a pile of stinging nettles. His hand landed in poison oak, which wasn't bad for his leathery skin, but when he reached up to wipe his eye, he was in a world of hurt.

Donna hollars over the radio to George, "So, beautiful, want us to move towards you or those CS jokers?"

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TOLD YOU TALK WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH Freeman, Reiko

Upon closer look at the hole, both Reiko and Freeman realize something was dug up, something was buried. Reiko spots a small bit of broken metal laying partially concealed in the dust a few yards away.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Carlos is -1 to all vision related rolls until he gets medical attention.
  2. Fudging sensor ranges for sake of getting the gang together.
  3. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)



George replies to Donna, "Keep coming to my position; no need to poke the Cee-Ess just yet." Then he looks to Carlos and winces. "Ooh, that looked painful. Do you want me to take a look at it?" He should be able to continue to aim with the pistol (using his tail) while tending to the Simvan's injured eye.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:41 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos is clearly being negatively affected by the presence of the Murder Wraiths and the Cyber Cat, he would normally avoid any environment poisons without having to think about it. As it is, he is in a bit of a quandry. He does not want to continue being hurt, but he also does not want to have technology used to treat him.

He grunts, "No machine help, machine hurt worse."

Something like an eye wash might not be too bad, but a medical nanomachine would be horrid.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Investigation 13
Investigation 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6 (5)


When asked about flying or walking Freeman gives a shrug, which looks oddly commicaly coming from the bulky power armor, "I imagine I can get us there quicker, assuming you can button up your armor tight. A small spec hits your exposed skin at that speed and it'll hurt worse than a rail gun."

When he looks at the hole his first instinct is suspicion, "In the Army we'd treat this as a potential mine or IED."

Peering at the hole closely for a moment, Freeman takes a step back and takes in the whole picture trying to piece together what happened in his mind. When (if) Reiko points out the metal nearby he adds that to his mental picture and then uses the optics package on his SAMAS to zoom in close, look at thermal readings, and generally get as much information as possible. He doesn't touch or disturb anything while poking around, lest he set off some unintended consequence. Digging then re-digging didn't make much sense, unless someone took something out and put something back. Could be a common hunters stash, or a dead drop even.

"Don't think it's a bomb, more like some place where people swap supplies or information.

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

Reiko spotted a glint of sunlight in the dirt and moved over, picking up a piece of small, broken metal.

“Something was buried here,” Reiko concluded, speaking to Freeman over the comm. “And someone came and dug it up.”

She studied the bit of metal.

“I can fully seal my armor,” Reiko assured him. “I am not sure we will learn much more from this hole, though. We had best rendezvous with the Legionnaires.” She pocketed the small metallic piece and looked up at the black SAMAS armor hovering above. “Come down and I will jump on.” Raising her black-gloved hand, she watched a small shimmer of blue mystic energy flow across it, changing the texture, making it sticky.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Setting down near Reiko, Freeman extends his arms for her to grab a hold. He tenses and jerks his head back slightly as her armor begins to glow, and almost instinctively pulls back when she tries to touch him with the blue aura, "I don't know what the hell you're doing but I got enough people after me without stinking like magic to a dog boy. That better not leave a smell on my armor."

Resigned to his fate as a scumbag among other scumbags, the former Coalition States Intelligence operative lifts off roughly. She either has a hold or doesn't The SAMs aren't really designed for carrying the shifting weight of a person, although they do some drills for evacuating injured soldiers or pulling out special forces operatives. Thinking back to those exercises, John tries not to cause his passenger to lose her lunch.

Once they are clear of the treeline, Freeman punches the accelerator and the huge fan jets on the back of his armor whine to lift propelling both of them across the countryside at incredible speeds. While he considers a zig-zag vector, that might prove tricky with the shifting weight so instead he straight lines in, and plays both sides over the radio.

Using a CS frequency he calls in like a friendly, "Be aware, friendly fast mover coming up on your six with prisoner in tow. I'll try to steer clear of your cross fire if those folks on the ground give you trouble."

Then he clicks over to his Legion radio frequency, "Coming in from the west, carrying a Legion operative for you. Hold fire."

Persuasion 10
1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (3)
Note: +1 to roll against CS

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George nods at Carlos. "I can do low-tech. Used to do a lot of alley-work on a low budget. You ain't lived til you fix a malfunctioning Juicer rig usin' only a bonfire and a crowbar, I'm tellin' ya. I ain't takin' off my armor near those cats, but I'll stick to the basics--saline wash, tweezers, swabs--for anythin' touchin' you, okay?"

As he gets off the hovercycle and starts to work, he continues to point the laser pistol at the melee.

OOC Comments
Roll forgoes the +2 from the armor's medkit, but since Healing skill doesn't require anything more than 'clean water and bandages' to roll without a penalty, I'm not modifying it further. He does still get the +2 from the Healer Edge.
Healing 1d10+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Heal 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Basic success.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue May 01, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

“Relax, Deadboy,” Reiko said. “It will just let me hold on better.” Indeed, she clung almost like a second skin as Freeman took off, keeping her body in close to his. It would be almost intimate if there wasn’t a couple inches of composite armor between them.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
The treatment helps, though it is hard for Carlos to tell that at first, due to the disturbing effect of the high-tech gear George is wearing in his senses. It still takes time, so the trap, while ready, does not get placed yet.

Khar-loez says to George, "You heal good. You good tribesman."

Sometimes, it can be hard to communicate exactly what is meant without using the communications band to translate intent.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Fri May 04, 2018 4:36 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George smiles warmly, understanding the sentiment being conveyed, and nods. "Glad ta help. Okay, all done." The Grackletooth leans back, satisfied with his handiwork. "Now, let's see about getting that cat-trap set up, shall we? Gummy, you ready if things go south?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Gummy's eye twitches with a tinge of resentment at the relative ease of Carlos's treatment.

Baka! Stupid eyes. . .

Still a tinge hesitant towards the notion of going toe to toe with either respective faction embroiled in the melee, Gummy nods at George regarding his request -- it seemed that combat would be inevitable if they didn't act quickly.

"Hai, let us hope this trap works."


Her hand still gripped firmly on her sword in happenstance it is required.

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sun May 06, 2018 11:29 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1005 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY PICKED UP A LITTLE COMPANYCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The battle between the murder wraiths and the cat ends in a flurry of blades and claws. The battle cat is standing, but it is has some very serious wounds. It breathes, standing over the dead wraith for moment. It roars and then snatches the body up, holding the limp corpse of the wraith in its mouth. It looks around and seems to notice the members of the 4th for the first time. Its eyes are terrifying, and there is nothing but crazy showing in them now.

George takes care of Carlos' eye. It is a simple but delicate matter.

"Boss, we got a weird call from an approaching unit. Says he's got a Legion person meant to join us. What should we do?"

Gummy's good eye is on the cat and she's perfectly ready to react. React to whatever happens next.

Initiative-For Fun or Profit
Cat QD
Gummy 7C
George 6H
Carlos 8H

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1005 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TOLD YOU TALK WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH Freeman, Reiko

The John+Reiko snugglefest moves very fast. Not nearly enough time for their undying love for each other to develop.

Freeman receives the officialist of official answers from the CS team he's approaching, and it says: Don't approach. We'll shoot you and we don't care. Which is a code Freeman understands completely. It means: We're up to no good so stay away.

They are soon within visual range, at least close enough to pick out the Behemoth.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


***

Not privy to Freeman’s radio conversations, Reiko can only cling to his back. The wind whipped at the black duster she wore, and she peered ahead at the massive robot they were approaching. She also took a moment to glance at the CS soldiers nearby.

“What are they up to?” she wondered. They were close enough, they had to notice the Behemoth.

Looking ahead, she saw the small figures of another group. Who were they?

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed May 09, 2018 3:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Simba is flying overhead watching the fight between the Cat the murderwraiths and keeping an eye on the metal men. When Simba notices something weird about them, they are setting up some kind of equipment. Flying closer Simba telepathy picks up. "HQ, HQ. We need air support. Tom is out of the cage. Repeat, Tom is out of the cage."

This isn't good. More metal men, and the team is not aware? I better warn them. "To my allies, more of the See Esss is coming in. Flyers like the ones I killed earlier. Take cover!"

A very unfamiliar voice speak into Simbas head. "Like you killed? LOCK ON TARGET HOSTILES IN THE AREA!"

That didn't work out well. Simba flies down to the CS troops. Simba land right in front of them, and uses greater blasts to knock them troops out. "ENEMY CONTACT! THE CAT IS ATTACKING US! FIRE ON OUR LOCATION!"

"Roger, Missiles enrout." Simba hears the radio transmission.

I hope the others know to stay way. confident that Simba is now being tracked in some way, he sits down and start praying to his GODS. "O beings who breath life into our world. I pray that you watch over my people and protect them. May you watch over the people of the 4th COT and protect them. And finally, may you protect the good people of the Tomorrow Legion, may you watch over them and protect them."

The Missiles come flying in and with Precision hits their intended target. The impact is visible for miles. Inspection of the impact site reveals several bodies, and CS equipment strewed all over the place. it's difficult to discern which body part belongs to whom. Some parts are enclosed in body armor, some are not. There is little hope that Simba could have survived that kind of impact, especially multiple missile strikes.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Post Blaze Mini Reply

Simba is retiring by way of a Blaze if Glory.

He sacrificed himself to redirect the air strike onto the CS group, obliterating them completely. Even the most thorough forensic team could not tell if they had found what they were looking for.

The Behemoth was rocked by the blast but is otherwise fine. The group with the cat are all knocked on their butts, including the cat. (The blast stunned the cat, he is no longer berserk.)

Freeman not only saw what happened, but heard the radio chatter. Reiko saw everything. Both were buffetted severely by the blast. Reiko’s magic hands worked as advertised and she didn’t fall.

More later! That should give you enough to carry on.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
What the hell?!

The concussion of the air strike rocks and buffets Freeman's Super SAMAS and he fights to regain control. However, the turbulence is nothing compared to the throughts bouncing around in his head. Trying to piece everything together is almost impossible. The Coalition troops were obviously up to something off book, maybe not even a sanctioned op. Then one of the legion types transmittedintel to the CS indicting the legion in death of CS personnel. The Dead Boys responded in kind with an air strike - which makes perfect sense to Freeman - but then the legion bat thing redirected the strike to save the group. Somewhat confident he has things straight in his mind, Freeman hits the jets and flies into midst of the legion. Setting down loudly he looks at Reiko.

"We're on the ground. Get that sticky magical shit off my armor."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu May 10, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
"Carlos, do your thing, man. Gummy, you and I hit it if the trap don't--"

"Wait, what? Have them go to your location, we need them checked out and--"

And then the BOOM hits, stunning all of them. George is undamaged, but his aim was definitely spoiled. "Carlos, NOW!" "Sitrep! What was that?"

Over the radio, a tearful Donna replies, "George... It was Simba--he drew the Coalition airstrike to their own troops.... He's offline."

George's reptilian hide would pale if it could. "Pick up the new arrivals, and then get ready to come get us--we'll either have this beast in a cage, or be running from it. Either way, we'll need an evac."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 7 (1)


***

Reiko watched the bat-like d-bee fly toward the group of CS soldiers, and then the other group launch missiles at them, leaving a crater in the ground and buffeting Reiko. But thanks to her magic armor, she maintained her perch on Freeman’s back.

“What was that about, Freeman?” Reiko asked as they landed.

Since he was so all-fired annoyed at her magic sticky, she grinned behind her mask and ran up his back, launching herself off his head in a flip, and perfectly landed a three-point landing, her duster swirling around her dramatically.

Straightening, Reiko smoothed out her coat over her armor plates and looked up at the armored Behemoth. “So do we knock, or is there a secret passcode?” Reiko asked.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice
OOC Comments
1d4+1 = 2 (1) (Glitch penalites taken into account)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)


Gummy lifts her head off the ground after reeling from the concussive brisance, a scornful grimace etched on her soiled face. For once, she loses her grasp over her well-manicured demeanor -- albeit a tenuous vacillation at times, at this moment, any hint of subdued rage boiling forth.

"くたばれ!!!! (Kutabare)"

Fully bearing her blackened teeth, she lifts herself up from the ground with her golden blade -- her intense stare darts around, the persistent glitch within her cybernetics only stoking the furnace of her unadulterated rage as the blast apparently worsened the effect.

"They fired missiles at us!? Those insolent, disgusting, honorless filth!"

Looking desperately for any survivors wearing the nefarious dead-boy armor, thoughts of delivering a coup-de-grace race through her head before she notices George. Offering to help him to his feet, albeit in a rather brusque tone, "Get up, George-san. This beast is still alive. . . I want its skin!"

Furious at the churlishness of the cowardly attack, Gummy, although still furious, tempers her initial outburst in the face of a potential threat. If that amalgamation was still willing to fight, she wanted to make certain George was on his feet in the eventuality things went very badly.

I pray there are survivors from this Coalition. . .

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Reiko Tanaka wrote:
“What was that about, Freeman?” Reiko asked as they landed.


"That, Freeman replies flatly, "is indiscriminate fire. There are only two reasons to use it. You're a true believer who wants to waste every d-bee and demon you see. Or, you're up to no good and don't want any witnesses." Gaining a little altitude after Reiko jumps off Freeman frowns beneath the face plate of his Super SAMAS, "When you get down to it, there aren't that many true believers but there are a lot of selfish ass hats. My money is on 'up to no good'."

The lack of response to his radio call, from both sides, also has John worried. Coming up unannounced was a one way ticket to a missile volley up sunshine valley.

"Legion. We are here to assist. Please advise how we can be of service."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
From the Behemoth, he gets a radio response. A woman's voice, somewhat harried. "Ain't gonna deny that help is what we need. Proceed to our location--we're the big white bot with the red cross on the front--and come aboard, there'll be staff there to greet you. When you get here, the door to the bay will be open, just come right in."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1008 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

WELL HOSS IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?Carlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The Behemoth is easy to spot as it alters course a little bit, trundling along leaving a wake of smashed trees and brush. It indeed is painted white with a large red cross on the nose. That's not necessarily the standard paint job, but Freeman at least recognizes the meaning and it seems a reasonable use for the immense robot. They dont' have this kind of robot in Japan, so Reiko is a bit surprised by the gargantuan thing. But a hatch opens as promised allowing both new arrivals a semblance of safety.

Inside they are greeted by a male human in a flight suit with a medical cross on it as well. He says, "I'm Bob. We've got to pick up the others, so don't settle in too much yet. Otherwise, welcome aboard Tiny."

In the clearing, Gummy and the cat recover first. It's the first chance Gummy has to look at the thing standing still. It's wearing armor similar to standard Dog Boy. It is also carrying a mini-railgun, but it's secured on its back. It's also looks filthy, covered in dust and blood. Its fur may have once been green and black striped. They stare at each other.

George lifts himself off the ground, and issues his commands before he notices the standoff. Without the constant motion, it's much easier for him to see the extent of cybernetic augmentation this cat has had.

Then it growls in a voice colored with pain and tinted with insanity, "What do you want? Leave me alone."

Intimidation
Gummy, George Spirit vs Cat Intimidation 6


What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun May 20, 2018 4:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

Reiko looks up at the immensity of the giant robot. Everything in these new lands were so...big. But then they had a lot of open space, unlike Japan. Of course, it had been years since she had been home. And it still didn’t compare to one of their kaiju.

Reiko approached the open ramp and the man in a flight suit coming to meet them. She reached up and undid the mask of her helmet, revealing her face, her blue water eyes and full lips.

“Reiko Tanaka,” she introduced herself, tapping her wrist comm and activating a holo device that showed her cyber-knight and Tomorrow Legion credentials. “Delivering a package.” She gestured to the SAMAS armor coming up behind her containing John Freeman. “What is going on? Someone just blew up Man-Bat with a missile barrage. Hope he wasn’t one of yours.”

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon May 21, 2018 11:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Heading into the Behemoth's landing bay, Freeman appears non-pulsed about being called the package, seems like someone fed Reiko the same line they fed him. He'd just let it play out for now, better to feign ignorance than say too much, "Yep. Freeman here, not sure why you brought the CS to the party but your bat-man just bought it. My guess is they are trying to cover their tracks. If so, then the white and red ambulance routine won't be much help."

Shrugging he tries to get a handle on the situation, "So, what the hell is the situation here?"

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue May 22, 2018 10:53 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
Resist Fear, fail to notice anything not right in front of him
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (1)

Resist Fear 1d10 (7)
Wild Spirit 1d6 (3)


George ignores the crew of Tiny, completely floored by the beast speaking--and his concern for the creature overwhelming any semblance of fear he might've had at the obvious hostility. "Ah, hell, if I'd known you could talk.... Look, if we 'leave you alone', the next volley of explosions are gonna be targeting you. You can't cut those things down in the sky. Come with us. We can protect you, help you.... You're in pain, I'm a doctor."

Sure, it's a longshot, but worth a try, right?

Persuasion 13
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 7 (1)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

Spend Bennie to Reroll Persuasion so it doesn't immediately go Hostile....

Persuasion 1d8+6 = 13 (7)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

As I understand it, if the critter is current Hostile, he MIGHT have made it Neutral. If it was merely Uncooperative, it might actually be Cooperative now--assuming you let the Persuasion roll have an effect in combat timing, which is ALWAYS the GM decision.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

Reiko looked at John Freeman and frowned. “Should I go take them out before they decide to lob a volley this way?” she asked. She pulled up her mask again and extended a long, pink glowing katana in one hand. “They should probably just be taken out on principle.” She eyed John, just to see how he might take her making such statements about his fellow Coalition soldiers. She wasn’t sure she should trust him alone with the crew here. What if he was playing the Legion? Could he really be trusted? He supposedly had CS intel to turn over. But he’d never shared that with Reiko.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Reiko Tanaka wrote:
“Should I go take them out before they decide to lob a volley this way?” she asked. She pulled up her mask again and extended a long, pink glowing katana in one hand. “They should probably just be taken out on principle.”


"I didn't realize murder was a cyberknight principle," Freeman retorts at the willingness to do violence. "However, since you're in a killing mood they will need to be dealt with. Although, I do find its better to know what someone is up to before indiscriminately killing them off."

Standing by his original question Freeman inquires again to the Behemoth crew, "So what exactly is the situation?"

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
Bob sighs at Freeman with something that seems to be divided evenly between exhaustion and good humor. "Sorry, but the best I can give you on the situation is this: Very fluid. Yes, that was our Man-bat, Simba. He... Gave himself to divert the missiles into the ground troops. Beyond that, the C-S are looking for something, and trying to make sure no one else finds out about it. The aerial units are still out there, someplace, probably trying to figure out if they should fall back and pretend they got everyone and were not responsible for murdering their own comrades in a hail of friendly fire, or attempt another airstrike to wipe us all out. Oh, and there's a giant mutant cyborg tiger-thing out there that's been hunting and killing murder wraiths--who, by the way, are considerably more populous in this region than you'd expect--and..." There's a pause, and the sound of a woman's indistinct voice through his suit's comms. "Wait, wait, I've just been informed that our fearless leader is now attempting to negotiate with the giant mutant cyborg tiger-thing, because that's how he rolls. Oh, and we apparently have... one? Two? New member or members whom were weren't told to expect and who need to be fully briefed. In short, just another day with the Murder Hobos. Welcome aboard." He gives a grin on the border of genuinely friendly and slightly manic. "Anything else I can help you with?"


OOC Comments
BTW, since you guys are new to the group: Big Al, the pilot of Tiny the medical Behemoth, is Gorgeous George's Sidekick. In turn, Bob and the other four medics are Big Al's Followers. As such, both Al and the Hospitallers are run by both Justin and myself, at different times. I try to step up, particularly if George just gave an order; Justin uses them to add intel to his scene-posts.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

Reiko stared at John Freeman. She said something that sounded like a curse in Japanese and deactivated her psi-sword, yanking off her mask again.

“Murder is so much easier,” she muttered, stalking away a bit. She was getting unfocused. She needed some time to herself to meditate. Traveling with Freeman, keeping an eye on him, had been a full time job. She was...unbalanced, slipping back into old habits. She was trying to be better than what the Black Hand had made her!

“Hunting and killing murder-wraiths doesn’t seem like a bad thing,” Reiko pointed out to Bob. “Seems like this cyber-tiger would be doing everyone a favor. So what is your problem with him?”

Though it seemed like they were negotiating with the creature now. So it was intelligent, was it?

Reiko stepped back to the group. “We are your two new members, so why do you not brief us so we can go out there and hunt Deadboys? They already killed one member of your team.” She looked over at Freeman. “I trust justice is acceptable to you, if murder is not, Deadboy?”

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
Bob nods. "Well, when we first found the dead Wraiths, we had no idea what was killing them or why. Seems like the creature is a Lone Star special. We didn't know if it was gonna stick just to the Wraiths, neither, or if it'd start in on the civilians in the area once the monsters are cleared out. Only just found out it could talk."

"As for sending you out there, we might just do that--but we're meeting up with the Boss, first. Like I said, all the remaining Cee-Ess are currently up in the air and mobile, and they're probably SAMAS or worse--so your guns won't do more'n scratch the paint." He indicates the lasers and the ion gun--obviously unaware of the ion pistol's EMP function--though admittedly, aerial SAMAS probably wouldn't get into range for that, either.

"We should be catching up to the Boss and the others soon enough. We're likely to be calling for a retreat here after that, so we'll have to see."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon May 28, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1010 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

GET OUT OF DODGECarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba
The lumbering giant robot closes in to a quarter mile or so from George, Gummy and Carlos. Maybe Gummy or Carlos might notice the Behemoth's approach, but George doesn't. He's focused on the cat.

The cat growls out a response, "Leave me alone. Don't need doctor. Need to be left alone. Leaving." The cat's voice was pained, but it also left no room for debate: he was leaving. George seems to have deflected his insane hostility and now he just wants to get the hell away. With one last glare at George and friends, the cat turns and races off into the brush. He moves fast.

BOOTHILLReiko, Freeman, Hospitlars
From the observation deck of the Behemoth, the natural place to congregate next to the hangar, the newbies and hospital gang (Bob) present can see something race out of the thicket where the cat-confrontation had taken place.

Reiko noticed, even if the flyboy didn't, or if the wackos in this buggy didn't either, that there are no Coalition fliers in the air, none visible at least.

Freeman's comms are quiet.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 1 Crit Fail
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

"As for sending you out there, we might just do that--but we're meeting up with the Boss, first. Like I said, all the remaining Cee-Ess are currently up in the air and mobile, and they're probably SAMAS or worse--so your guns won't do more'n scratch the paint," Bob said.

Reiko grinned at the man. “That sounds like a challenge,” she said, extending her psi-katana again for a moment.

Reiko followed Bob to the observation deck of the massive robot. The thing was impressive, to say the least. She started to think just where she might need to apply violence in case she needed to bring it down. It was instinctual, something the Black Hand had trained into her. Analyze weakness and exploit. Catch them when their guard was most down, and then kill them mercilessly.

Just like she had done to Takeo Yoshima.

Reiko’s fists clenched as the memories of her lover came rushing back. She took a few deep breaths to center herself and reestablish her self-control. Weak. She had been weak. But she had done her duty, had killed her assignment.

And torn her own heart out in the process.

Reiko turned and stalked to the window, peering down as something darted out of the brush, moving fast. Was that the battle cat?

Reiko scanned the sky. “You said the Coalition troops were airborne? So where are they?” she asked. “We should still be able to see them.”

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
BLIND AS A HOICHI THE EARLESS

Cecelia reports to Bob while he's showing Reiko and Freeman around, "Bob, I think all the CS fliers are gone. I don't pick them up on the radar at all. Not even at max range. They might have crashed from the shockwave of the explosion. That's our theory in the control room. They counldn't fly off that fast."

Reiko, however, is too busy lost in her thoughts to process what the crew member is reporting. She's lost thinking of her past, too lost even to do a proper analysis of the Behemoth in any regard.

After a quiet conversation with each other Cecilia goes away.

Bob says to Reiko and Freeman, "Well, guess we're alone for the moment." He then proceeds to show the two new arrivals to their bunks on the giant robot command center.

------

Meanwhile, out in the field, George gets a call from the Behemoth, it's Cecelia and she conveys a positive message to the fearless and charming leader: the CS are all gone.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
K/Battle 7
K/Battle 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)
Extra Effort: 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (1)


They didn't just leave, Freeman thinks to himself as he tries to consider what tactical options they may have undertaken to avoid detection. "I doubt the fliers have backed off, they would expend that much ammo and just leave without doing a damage assessment." Looking to the trees he sighs, "Funny thing about SAMS, they can operate in multiple zones. They may have gone to ground, amongst the trees they wouldn't show up on your radar. Be cautious, we're literally not out of the woods yet."

As for the conversation on justice Freeman looks at Reiko, "Looks lady. I don't have a problem with murder, especially to save my own lilly white ass. I was just surprised that you were so ready to kill. i mean it was a redeeming quality in my mind."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:27 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George sighs at the fleeing cat-thing, but nods, making the call. "It's sentient, and not murdering civilians--let it go."

Then he grins as he gets the word. "Okay, folks, apparently while we were out, we got a couple new recruits showing up at home base, and Simba managed to take out all the Cee-Ess. Let's get back to Tiny, say hi to the newcomers, and figure out where we're going from here. I can take care of that eye, while we're talking there, Gummy."

He hops back on the bike, letting Gummy get in position; once Carlos is mounted up, they make their way towards the Behemoth.

****Time jump****

Once onboard, George makes good on his promise, tinkering with the glitchy cybereye as he nods to Freeman and Reiko. "Okay, so clarify for me--which one of you is Legion, or is it both of you?"

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (3)

Knowledge: Cybernetics 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Knowledge: Cybernetics 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:31 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
OOC: Sorry, for some reason the board was not notifying me of new replies. It does that sometimes. Should have checked it earlier

Khar-loez wanted to finish trapping the cat-thing, but things kept going wrong. First he was blinded and the fight was finished before his eyes cleared. Then there was the blast...Now other people might have felt the blast, but not the way Carlos did. He is one with nature in many ways, and the blast ripped a huge hole in nature in the immediate area. The Eco-wizard was barely conscious as the Behemoth lumbered close, which was another affront to his senses.

He did not get a chance to deploy his trap before the creature left. He will keep it handy, we may yet have a use for it. The creature may be a danger and an affront to nature, but perhaps less so than what it hunts.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

"Look, lady. I don't have a problem with murder, especially to save my own lily white ass. I was just surprised that you were so ready to kill. I mean, it was a redeeming quality in my mind," Freeman said.

Reiko scowled. He would think that. He was CS. But she was trying to be better.

“I have been killing since I was six. It comes easily,” Reiko said simply, turning to follow Bob to their bunks. The room was rather spartan, with four fold down beds in the walls, a desk and chair, and a tiny bathroom. It was larger than the closet she had slept in as a child, before she became a geisha and assassin.

“This will do,” Reiko said, dumping her pack in the corner. It didn’t appear anyone else was using the room. She seemed to have it to herself.

***

Later they met the team leader, a grackletooth called Gorgeous George. Reiko didn’t really find the reptiloid all that gorgeous, to be honest. But he was big. She found herself calculating just how she would take him down, if she had need.

"Okay, so clarify for me--which one of you is Legion, or is it both of you?" George asked as he tinkered with a cybereye.

“Me,” Reiko said. “Or, rather, neither. It is...complicated. I have been seconded to the Legion by my superiors in the cyber-knights to safely deliver an intelligence asset into Legion custody,” she nodded at Freeman, “and provide whatever aid they need for the foreseeable future, until my orders change. That makes me yours to do with as you please.”

Reiko glanced at the cybernetic eye. It sparked and glitched, so the Japanese woman stepped back a bit to give it more space from her cyberkinetic field.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos greets the newcomer, "I Khar-loez, Eco-wizard am. Look to legion be."

That did not quite sound right, but he thinks it got the main information across. He thinks the Cyber-Knight does not feel as bad to his ecologically attuned senses as many.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Reiko eyed the simvan warily as he spoke. Her fingers flexed, ready to manifest her psi-sword. These things ate people. What was it doing here?

Kon’nichiwa, Kar-loz,” she greeted, trying to get the odd pronunciation of his name correct. “I am Reiko Tanaka, sent from the cyber-knights on this mission.” She gave him a respectful bow, though she was loathe to avert her eyes from the beast, lest he decide she look tasty.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Khar-loez can tell the Cyber-knight is uncomfortable...well that makes at least two of them. Probably not for the same reasons though.

She is probably uncomfortable because of the reputation of his people, a reputation which is based on facts though somewhat misunderstood. This reputation paints them as primitive bloodthirsty savage D-Bees who like to eat other sentient beings. It is true that few Simvan have much knowledge of technology, though most know how to use an energy weapon and change a power cell few if any can build either. Simvan ARE savage and bloodthirsty, but that is mostly because they are born predators who follow their instincts. This means they tend to classify others as rivals or prey. This, in turn, means if they are in a fight, they fight to kill their enemies, not just defeat them, but kill them. They do eat those they kill, part of that is religious reasons...to take the strength of a worthy enemy unto oneself (symbolically at least), but part of this is a form of ecological sense most humans have lost...you eat what you kill so as not to be wasteful.

He, on the other hand, in uncomfortable because of her skin that is not natural skin and the items of technology she carries. To him, these things are as painful as grasping a thorny plant.

He, however, lacks the words to explain these things. Perhaps next time he charges his communications band, so that she can understand what he means not just his words.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Ugh, a Grackletooth.

Freeman stares at the thing that calls himself gorgeous and tries not to chuckle, at least it has a sense of irony. Having worked with d-bees in the past Freeman is not entirely revulsed by the big reptilian, although they tended to be far too gregarious for his tastes. Realizing he is the intelligence asset Freeman finally lets loose a chuckle, "And here I thought I was delivering you. Looks like we both got played a bit." Shrugging at George he gives his assessment, "Legion or not, someone went through a lot of trouble to get us both to you."

Pausing when the Simvan enters the room, Freeman fights the deep urge to go for his guns. Those things eat people! Not sure what kind of horror show the legion was running here, the ex-solder keeps a wary eye on the man-eater. When it speaks some gobbley gook as a greeting Freeman only gives a cool nod in response. So far the team is two reptiles and a geisha girl with an attitude problem. At least the bat thing is dead already.

Taking solace in the little things Freeman inspect the bunk room, "I've definitely slept in worse."

Maybe not worse company, however.

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1330 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing


CAN YOU SAY "REMUDA"?
The weird things seem to settle down. The daytime heat, even in September is rising quickly as the afternoon starts to drag on. And drag it does as the Behemoth lumbers along the dry riverbed of the Canadian River. There is no sign of the Coalition following them. The cat thing disappeared into the wilderness, disappearing and going where, that might never be known. It is weird when Gummy asks to be dropped off in Meredithtown instead of continuing with the 4th. She's reticent and offers no real explanation.

Carlos and his dino riding some distance away from the Behemoth do not run into any immediate danger. Approaching the area that George indicated as their destination, Carlos does feel the discomforting sensation of nearby technology. It's not a pervasive sensation, there is much wild in this area surrounding the invasive tech.

The few hours inside the Behemoth are like a ship on the ocean, not that anyone on board the giant mech has been on a ship on the ocean, with a gentle rhythmic motion. It is not too bad, but it is there. Good for napping.

Walking up the dry river bed, the hard packed dirt surface converges in the classic post-apocalyptic way with the ancient remains of a bridge and roadway leading up to large armored gates. There is a sign on the gate in stencil letters that says, BOY'S RANCH, est PA 73. There's no sign of a gatehouse or watchmen.

It is certainly a lovely tail-end of summer day. A gentle breeze takes the edge of the growing heat. The sky is clear, robin's egg blue with no cloud in the sky. The sound of working humans wafts down from the ranch, heyas, hoooahs, woahs, and similar calls. No gunfire or explosions.

Aerial Recon
If anyone flies overhead of the target area, they will observe a working, commercial ranch. There are several people, either on foot or on horses manager some cattle. The main area is fenced in by a high barrier of concrete and metal. Anything, like say, a SAMAS, doesn't draw attention, but any kind of more obtuse vehicles would probably raise and alarm.



What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. .

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George gave Gummy a huge bear-hug when she left the group. He understood--she was never the altruistic type, and probably had some sort of 'business' she needed to attend to. He did tell her to keep that eye better maintained, and that she'll always have a berth on Tiny if she wants it.

When the ranch and gate are spotted by Freeman, George gives an order to stop the Behemoth a ways back, maybe about 400 yards, and has Freeman return to the Behemoth--better to not just lumber right up and knock, so as to not seem overly intrusive. He heads down to the vehicle bay, and fires up Asclepius, and calls folks together around the reinforced hover-cycle, near the base of the Behemoth but outside so he can give instructions to everyone at once.

"Reiko, I'd appreciate it if you ride out with me. Cyberknights--even the ones in black--tend to be a bit better received in outlying communities like this. Also, I've found that having a melee powerhouse nearby is good if things go south. Freeman, you'll be up on Tiny's shoulder, there, ready to launch and provide cover if, for instance, this turns out to be a den of murderous cannibals or something like that. Hawdore, I want you to get your gear ready; these folks might have some repairs that need doin', and it's a nice way to introduce ourselves. Khar-loez, you should ride behind us, but stay back until I make sure they understand you're a friendly, too--you can catch up once you see Tiny moving forward again, because I'll radio back to them with the all clear. If you see Freeman launch, then you'll know I called it in as trouble, instead. Big Al, you have the Hospitallers do the same as Hawdore with their medical kits, for the same reason, cept for Dave--his turn to be your co-pilot. When I call forward, come in friendly or hot, as seems appropriate. And folks, if this does turn into a firefight, Freeman's in charge as combat commander."

He looks around. "Any questions, objections or suggestions?"

Once those are dealt with, he will have Reiko saddle up behind him on the bike, and begin moving forward, waiting for some sort of signal from inside the ranch gate for signs that it's talking time.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
We're worried about them being murderous cannibals when we have one travelling with us?

Nodding to George, Freeman is somewhat surprised that the big lizard would just hand out tactical command. Of course, it's definitely the right decision but a little trusting for so early in the game. Before taking his position atop the giant robot Freeman does a high level fly by and reports his findings, "Looks like a ranch, good working order, basic barriers. Nothing too fancy...just depends on who or what they eat I guess." Setting down he keeps his eyes, and sensors, peeled for trouble.

Notice 7
Notice 1d8+2 = 7 (5)
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 1 Crit Fail
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

Reiko unpacked the few things she had in her room. She didn’t have many personal effects, mostly just her gear. She loosened up her armor, letting it breathe a bit since she was in relative safety, and headed to the observation lounge.

They were in some dry riverbed, the rocking of the Behemoth soothing and gentle. After a long day of travel, Reiko found herself napping in one of the lounge daybeds set up in an observation window. She roused when they stopped, quickly alert, but saw only some kind of ranch out the window.

When summoned down below, Reiko headed for the lift, tightening up her armor. George was on a hovercycle giving instructions.

"Reiko, I'd appreciate it if you ride out with me. Cyberknights--even the ones in black--tend to be a bit better received in outlying communities like this. Also, I've found that having a melee powerhouse nearby is good if things go south,” George instructed.

“Hai!” Reiko confirmed her acknowledgement of her orders. She had observed his comments to be true in her own travels. She leapt up behind the man. “Do you wish me to mask our approach from their sensors?” she asked George, feeling the nanites in her bloodstream warming up with their anti-tech field.

Cyber-kinetic Combat
If George says yes, Reiko will activate fully her cyberkinetic field to all tech using rolls.


***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:11 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George considers the offer. "Nah. Us arriving visible but cloaked might make 'em more nervous. But be ready to KO the targeting systems on any big guns you see, if they start sounding unfriendly."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos rides as instructed, staying in the area mid-way between the ranch and the Behemoth. The ranch is mainly relatively light on tech, it is much more comfortable for him than many other places.

He has his weapons near at hand, but not IN hand. Of course, given that they look like primitive hand-made weapons, they might not seem all that threatening even if they WERE in hand, but that is besides the point. The point is to make a SHOW of not being threatening. Carlos understands that much.

OOC Comments
Riding 1d6 (1) Wild Ride 1d6 (5)
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6) Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

“Understood, sir,” Reiko said, holding on to George’s armor as they approached the compound wall. She scanned it for cameras and heavy weaponry.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1335 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing


PLENTY OF WATER AND GOOD GRASS
Approaching the gate, Reiko and George don't seem to elicit any sort of response, not at first. Freeman picks up a flicker on the sensors and then a mechanical-eye on a stick pops out. It wiggles around a little and emits a squawk before retracting again. Then it's quiet again.

Fifteen seconds later or so the gate cracks open, sliding to the side far enough for a drover type in vaquero style body armor. He or she has a rustic wool poncho over the armor. They look around to see who's there. A mechanically augmented voice comes from the helmet, "What do you want, are you buyers or sellers?"

Carlos finds the whole interaction completely horrifying. Whatever shred of life is encased in the armored figure is so masked and distorted by all the technology and dead material that nothing of its real life can be seen.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. .

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Common Knowledge 7
Smarts 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

Reiko spotted the eyestalk camera. They seem to have gotten someone’s attention. A few moments later the gates parted slightly, enough for someone in armor to emerge and greet them.

Not very friendly.

Reiko waited for George to speak. He was the boss, after all. She merely nodded to the man, her face all but concealed in her black armor.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Notice 21
Notice 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (6)


Staying alert, Freeman watches the scene unfold from his perch. The eye stalk camera and mechanical man give him the impression this place does pretty well for itself, or has a pretty competent operator on site. Either way, probably a valuable outpost for the legion if it can be brought to heel...err....if a constructive partnership can be formed. Thinking like a bleeding heart was tiring. Using his built in telescopic lens Freeman gives the man a once over before turnng his attention to the flanks...negotiations were a good time to sneak up on someone.

"All clear for now. Stay frosty."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos is used to how those humans who consider themselves "modern" always seem to be encased in un-natural armor, usually armor that completely cuts them off from the outside world, as if they did not live in the world outside at all but rather in their own little worlds. If they plan to be here for a while, he will offer to make some eco-armor so that at least some of them can live in the world.

That will wait until we are accepted here. Until then, he keeps his senses alert and observes his steed, of anything is going to be a threat the animals usually know first.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (8) Wild Notice 1d6 (2) Not sure if I get the +2 bonus to notice in these conditions
Notice Ace 1d8 (8) Notice Ace 2 1d8 (4) Notice = 20
Riding 1d6 (5) Wild Ride 1d6 (2) Ride = 5

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:07 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
Failed Notice, Persuasion 13
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (3)


Persuasion 1d8+6 = 13 (7)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 11 (5)
Double-Raise: good enough to move two steps up the reaction chart.


George didn't see the eyestalk when it first popped up; only after it made the squawking noise did he look up, just in time to see it retract. When the cloaked figure comes out, he considers the options he's presented with. Mercantile mindset--saying you just want to help, even if true, usually makes this sort suspicious, 'cause they want to know your angle. Best to put it in terms they understand. Show respect for them--they've obviously put a lot of work into defenses.

He clears his throat and speaks directly, maintaining eye contact as best he can with a fully armored figure. "Both, technically--we're trading, but not for cash on either end of the bargain. We're on a goodwill mission, offering aid and services in exchange for simply getting the opportunity to make diplomatic contact with settlements on behalf of the Tomorrow Legion. We have medics, techs, and even a Simvan who can assist your livestock, if you need any help with any of those things. We can also offer assistance dealing with bandits and hostile wildlife, whether natural or magical, though honestly this wall of yours looks like you've got that angle mostly covered. Of course, if you folks have no interest in anything we can offer, then we can just purchase some traveling provisions, if you've got spare to sell, and be on our way."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 355
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1340 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing


WHO'S LOOKIN' AFTER THE BEEVES?
Reiko focuses on the armored person. She recognizes the armor. It's a heavy suit favored in the west, the Vaqueros by Manistique Imperium. The poncho looks like an additional layer of armor. The amount of time it took for the gate to be answered is just about the amount of time it would take someone to suit up in heavy armor. This would be an unusual suit to see anywhere east of Castle Refuge, but not totally uncommon in this area.

Having spent a good long while "out west" now, Freeman also easily recognizes the armor. He moves past it though and his attention continues to roam. It's a serious setup, this place. He can spot the tiny filaments in the distance of some communications systems. This is open range, like all of the west, but he can see a line of fences retreated off into the distance. They probably encircle a large area of land. Off just at the edge of his vision he notices an odd puff of dust just at the western most edge of the compound. What makes it odd, is that it had no preceding flash, but it still looked like the result of an explosion of some kind. He spots outriders on horses about 1,000 feet away north and west of the 4th's position. They moved in at a easy trot, not a gallop, one from each direction. They are just watching, rifles held across their laps. They are also in stereotypically New West themed gear, but lighter, non EBA types. After a moment of observation, Freeman notes that the rider to the north is on a robot horse. There aren't many tracks in the surrounding grass and dirt around the road, a sign that riders here might be unusual. They had to come from somewhere close, within a quarter mile or so, and that means a concealed position of some kind.

The approaching horse is a nice relief from all the artificial disruptions surrounding Carlos. The fake horse is an abomination that he notices right away. More people concealed in life choking suits of armor. The disruption to the environment by the outriders is more apparent to the simvan. He can tell that the area has not been disturbed in some time, weeks maybe. He also can intuit from the state of the rough road that there is regular traffic but at large intervals. The puff of smoke has a little more to tell Carlos. His connection to the environment causes a slight wave of unease. Whatever that puff was related to harmed the Earth.

Like his cyberknight passenger, George goes tunnel vision on his negotiation, at the exclusion of all else. It might be worse if he didn't have several other bad asses watching his back. It might also have been worse if George hadn't been so damn convincing. His sales pitch goes over well. The guard straightens up her posture (the guard sounds female, but these humans all sound the same), and says to George, her voice less mechanical, "Traders huh? We don't get many new groups out this way. I'll check with the boss, wait a sec." She turns around, and accompanied with a friendly hand gesture, she says, "Give a holler if you need some water or something."

"Boss, we're okay here. Donna picked up a couple riders on sensors, are you guys okay there?" one of the Hospitallers says over the radio to George, it might be Cecil.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. .

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
George smiles and shifts in his seat to a more relaxed position, nodding to the woman at the gate. "I don't think I'd say no to a quick swig. One for the lady here, too, if you don't mind." Then, on the radio, replying to Cecil, making sure Freeman is looped into the convo. "We're good, here. The gate guards are just checkin' with their boss, offered us water. Riders, you said? What're they doin'?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Common Knowledge 6
Smarts 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Reiko took in the heavy armor. Interesting, though not too unusual. She was already checking off the weak points where she could slip her psi-blades. It was habit.

At the offer of water, Reiko shrugged. She wouldn’t say no. It was good to stay hydrated out here in the sun and heat, though her armor kept her cool enough.

“They seem friendly enough,” Reiko commented.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Riders on the hill, explosions in the distance. Freeman takes it all in and gives his best guess at what's happening, "Riders were camped out nearby. Could be a response group to trouble at the ranch or bandit Raiders. Given our friend took time to Armor up, I'm guessing the latter."

Pausing he let's his assessment sink in before reporting the cloud on the horizon, "Also got a dust cloud on the prison consistent with an explosion. I could do a fly over to check it out. If I had to guess I'd think this ranch is under siege."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 108
Reply with quote
Notice 3, Persuasion 10
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (2)

Persuasion 1d8+6 = 7 (1)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 10 (4)



George frowns. "Hold position for a moment."

Then he calls out to their hostess. "Ma'am, my men back at the robot are informing me that there's some kind of situation brewing. An explosion, and some riders coming this way. If you folks are dealing with bandits or somesuch, we'd be quite glad to pitch in, but I don't want to just go off half-cocked and make you guys worry we're part of the problem. So this is me formally asking permission to lend you all a hand."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
Carlos knows there are unnatural things going on, the problem is telling what is something those here are doing. For example, building a paved road would feel as unnatural to him, or even using herbicides and fertilizers on a crop. He is aware of this, it is a problem with technology...how does one tell that is supposed to be good from what is supposed to be bad if it is all equally disturbing?

He detects the explosion, but has no way to tell whether it is someone blasting for a water supply or something worse. He will simply wait and keep his eyes open.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character


Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.