View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 am



Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ] 
 EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS 
Author Message
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1003 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.58.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.58.11 AM.png [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 447 times ]

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

I JUST WANT THE GOLD IN THESE HILLS!Carlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

Carlos is maybe too disturbed by the situation and his shot is off, his magic missile pass far from his intended target. Things have started to happen, the standoff is over, and that may have thrown off his aim.

Simba soars on the thermals coming from the warming air. This keeps him far from the cat and he can see some of the CS troops scampering around like ants off to the east of his position. Looking back down at the standoff, Simba also witnesses the lightning fast combat begin.

As George is just digesting the radio message, that's when he sees the cat and the wraiths clash. In a blink they'd closed to melee distance!

Gummy is cursing and maybe even spluttering a little bit, and it pays off, for a brief moment, she can see! It's pretty bad, what she sees, but she's seen worse, of course. She knows that the cat and the wraiths are fast, because she is fast and they seem fast to her. And the force with which they collide is incredible, but it's like a good martial arts match though, that force isn't wild or imprecise. These are creatures bred for only one thing, killing.

The fight goes something like this: the cat swings and misses once, swings and hits on the second try, his claws slicing through the undead flesh and the juicer plate the wraith is wearing. Sheered almost in half, the undead falls to the ground and doesn't move again. Meanwhile his two companions swing at the cat with vibro-swords, but the cat either avoids them, or deflects the high-tech blades with his claws! Cat 1. Wraiths 0.

Hawdore is not really involved in the drama with the cat and the murder-wraiths at the moment, he's focused on something else. The feeling he gets from the CS is a little muddled, but that's because there are several conflicting efforts. First, there's the search for the "the box", for most of the group that's an earnest desire. The box is a recording device of some kind, a scientific instrument of sorts. He realizes that one of the parties doesn't care about retrieving the box or the cat, he intends to kill everyone else with the airstrike!

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1003 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE SERVANTS YOU HAD! Freeman, Reiko
They were an uncomfortable pair sitting inside Annie's Restaurant. Everyone has to eat, and this place in Meredithtown had enough of a reputation to put the little town in the minds of the kind of people that drift out across the high plains.

Reiko had a reason for being here. Freeman had a reason for being here. Chances are, both reasons are different, but the same in that they are both lies.

Freeman just wanted to get the hell out of Dodge, Roswell to be precise. And anyone who wants anything in Roswell stops by U-Mart on the way out. Its vast number of customers from all walks of life makes it a reasonable place for a clandestine meet with contact who can help get you out of town. So, Freeman's friend gives him a little computer tablet. "Here," he says, "this is a letter of introduction to the Tomorrow Legion. I know what you're going to say, okay?" the mysterious contact puts his hands up in a mock-pleading gesture. "But the fact is, that, it's that there is a Tomorrow Legion team close, and they can provide you much needed protection and distraction while you sort things out. That's what you asked for, isn't it?" As Freeman starts to grudgingly agree, the mysterious contact says, "There is one teeeeeny little complication. You have to babysit someone on the trip. Someone the Tomorrow Legion actually wants to see. It's right there in the introduction. See, right there." Scratching his face the mysterious contact says, "I don't know, but apparently she's some Japanese princess playing cyberknight and they don't want her hurt. Bad PR and all that."

Leaving Wyoming, Reiko had headed south. The arid land was so much different from her ancestral home. The mountains dwarfed anything she'd seen before. The vastness of the plains. It was all beyond imagination. But it was also littered with the destroyed remnants of an era long gone, in this part of the world at least. Japan had not lost everything like these people. She had a mandate from the Grand Master to search out a person in Roswell who could help guide her on the path of the Cyberknight. She located the person and obtained an audience with him, or in more prosaic terms, they had a meeting. In the meeting, it was discussed, among the pleasantries worthy of any polite Japanese formal conversation, that she was needed to help bring a fugitive from the CS to the Tomorrow Legion. The link between the Cyberknights and the Tomorrow Legion is well known, so this mission seemed perfectly plausible and completely in line with her code as a cyberknight. She was given the option of remaining with this Legion outreach team when she had delivered her charge. Given the option of choosing to say with them, not the option to leave. Apparently, though like many things of value in a good conversation it was unsaid, this defector might need a little looking after, his change of heart might be more circumstantial than honest, but his high-value CS intel is worth the effort.

Pros: They made it to Meredith Town where they were supposed to meet the Tomorrow Legion 4th COT, under command of a grackle tooth named Gorgeous George (that's probably not his real name). The were both very attractive people. They both spoke a lot of languages, at least two in common even.
Cons: Reiko didn't have transportation, so they (she) had to ride in a peddlers wagon, it smelled of vinegar and almonds. The wagon owner/snake oil salesman kept trying to convince both of them that his elixir could cure everything. It couldn't. It took four days from Roswell to Meredithtown.

So here they are, at Annie's. And as far a country food goes, Annie's is darn good. The cook looked vaguely familiar when Freeman caught a glance of him in the kitchen, but otherwise, there was nothing to do but wait. Thankfully, they didn't have to wait long. Soon the Sheriff, a stereotypical cowboy type with a drawl and laid back demeanor pulled up a chair and leaned his elbows on the table. "I hear ya'll are looking for those Tomorrow Legion folks. They were here yesterday. Caused a little ruckus, mind you, wasn't really their doing, but they were here for it. Anyway, they seemed like stand up folk. They're off on the old road, said they're making some sort of good will tour round here. They're using a Behemoth as their base of operations. Shouldn't be too hard to fine. But watch out, there has been an awful lot of extra visits from Lone Star lately."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
The Tomorrow Legion? Freeman thinks as his contact reveals the mission details. A bunch of do gooders saving d-bees from Tolkeen and giving Arkansas trouble in their back yard. Having never worked in the eastern states John knows very little about the legion but they sound like the worst kind of people. All happy to do the right things and stick up for everyone. Well if Lyboc doesn't kill me, their optimism will.

Having given up his disguises for his plain face Freeman rubs his hand over his crew cut hair and stands, his army issue shirt clean but well worn. Sighing deeply he grabs the info, dons his ball cap and heads for his SAMAS. He spray painted it a little but he needed to get up some credits to get a custom paint job, make it look a little less obvious where he stole it from. Then again, nothing says runaway CS deserter liked freshly scorched dead boy armor.

Happy to have Roswell in his rear-view, Freeman takes in Meredithtown watching the locals for little quirks, habits, mannerisms and turns of phrase. The lack of massive social networks and communications in the settlements outside of the CS made for many colloquial versions of American. Nothing that inhibited communications entirely, but enough to add some charming regionalism to most places. The best way to sound like an outsider was to speak perfect CS American. His attention is split between observing the town and keeping an eye on his traveling companion. A princess apparently. Of course, outside the Domain of Man any idiot with a power armor could call himself king of some po-dunk hick town. However, this woman certainly has the bearing of a warrior. Freeman would have to keep a close eye on her, but she looks like she can handle herself in a fight.

The spooks' musings are interrupted by an overly friendly sheriff, nodding emphatically and speaking more loudly than necessary, Freeman does his best to mirror the man's behaviours and accent without being obvious or obtuse, "Well that's great news sheriff! Hopefully our people didn't leave too much of a mess behind, or at least offered to clean it up. You're darn right that finding a big behemoth out on the road shouldn't be too hard. Can you point us in the right direction? Don't want to head down the new road by mistake!"

After exchanging pleasantries with the sheriff, making nice with the waitress, and burning the cook's face into his memory Freeman dons his floppy cowboy hat and looks to his companion, "Well, ma'am, seems like we have us a lead. Shall we go find out what the Tomorrow Legion has in store for us?"

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
IF IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK
The Sheriff gives Freeman a long hard look after he hears him speak. Finally he says with some edge in his voice, "Son, I liked those people, you don't mean them no harm, do ya?"

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Persuasion 7
Persuasion 1d10+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

"Harm? Freeman asks with a flabbergasted look on his face. "No sir, we're supposed to join up with them."

Something is off about this guy. The sheriff's movement from huckleberry to inquiry forces John to take a harder look at the man. He was sharper than he let on, maybe a former merc or savvy adventurer or even an intelligence agent himself. Although, Freeman doubts that last one there isn't much need to spy on Meredith Town - unless he's looking for someone.

Notice 5
Notice 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (5)

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
George:
Notice 1d4 (4)
Wild Notice 1d6 (1)
ACE Running Total 1d4+4 = 5 (1)

Using this round to take the Aim Maneuver at the battlecat: +2 to Shooting so long as he doesn't move first, or change targets.

Waiting for Hawdore's report before posting Big Al's response.


George keeps a close eye on the fight, even as he continues to wave to Carlos to come around the melee and join himself and Gummy. He uses his tail to pull out the Wilk's 227, and takes aim at the cat--it's looking pretty clear which abomination is going to actually win this fight, and besides, his laser won't even scratch the damned Wraiths. For that matter, neither does Gummy's blade. If the Wraiths manage to beat the cat down, I'll need to let Khar-Loez try to drop them.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 2
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

Reiko poked at her burger and fries. It wasn’t bad. In fact, it was pretty good compared to what she had been eating in her travels out west here. But she found herself missing, not for the first time, some good sushi and sake, or maybe some tempura. She stared across the table at her mark. No, she had to correct that thinking. He wasn’t a target. She was supposed to keep an eye on him, yes, but also protect him. He had valuable information. The Grand Master thought it needed to go to some people called the Tomorrow Legion.

Reiko had heard rumors of these people, traveling up from the southern Pecos Empire after arriving here in North America on a cargo ship from England. She had spent some time in the Colorado Baronies after her induction into the cyber-knights at New Alamo. In the Baronies, she’d plied her old trade, working at a brothel, while seducing and watching some man named Jude for a talking cat named Sammy.

The open spaces of the West were so different from her home in Japan. But they were a long way from the Black Hand Clan that had raised her, taught her the trade of seduction and assassination, and ultimately forced her to kill the man with whom she had fallen in love.

They were a long way from the temptation of vengeance. The quiet solitude of the great expanses here were conducive to her continuing efforts to walk the straight and narrow, to atone for the evil deeds she had done.

And what about this man across from her? Was he as evil as many said the Coalition were? He was a fugitive, but that did not mean he was good. It would be her job to put him down, should it be needed. She glanced out at the SAMAS outside and found herself smiling. It would be a challenge. Reiko enjoyed a challenge, a chance to prove her skills, that she was better than others. Because she was. How else had she escaped the Black Hand? One did not leave the clan, sometimes not even if one was dead.

When the local sheriff pulled up a seat, Reiko tensed, her water blue, almond shaped eyes sliding to the man. Everyone was so friendly, so informal, so different from Japan. In Japan, she would have been within her rights to cut him down for not observing the proper formalities and disrespecting her.

But this wasn’t Japan.

Freeman was too...free with his words. He basically told the entire diner where they could find them, should any enemy wish them ill.

"Well, ma'am, seems like we have us a lead. Shall we go find out what the Tomorrow Legion has in store for us?"

Reiko stared back at Freeman. “Yes,” she said simply, folding her paper napkin carefully and laying it on her plate.

The sheriff seemed to take some kind of exception to Freeman’s words. That was the problem with those who talked too much. Slowly Reiko picked up the knife that had come with her meal, her hand sliding under the table. It was dull, but she started to bend it into a kind of makeshift knuckles, slipping her hand into it.

Reiko froze. No, this man did not mean them harm. She was overreacting, jumpy. It was her old training. She took a breath to center herself. She was a cyber-knight now. She had a psionic katana. She stood for order and goodness in the world. She was no longer an agent of death -- at least not to those undeserving.

“No harm will come to anyone from us.” The slight Japanese girl spoke quietly, with an accent. “Unless they wish it.” She gave the sheriff a smile that did not quite reach those strange, water blue eyes.

Reiko put a bit of power into the armor she wore, feeling its weight lessen. The composite plates and mesh were lightweight, black, and barely noticeable beneath the long coat she wore, tight across her upper body, loose at the waist, a slit up the back to allow the two halves to flare out and keep her free for movement. She put the hood up. It was soft and flexible for now, but with a touch of power she could make it harden into a proper helm and add a mask.

“We should be on our way,” Reiko told Freeman as she stood. As she did, the black hilt of her Wilk’s 320 laser pistol was visible in a front draw holster. Her NG-L5 laser rifle was strapped in an easy draw position to her survival pack, which she picked up. No one much seemed to mind the weapons, however. No one really traveled unarmed in the west.

As they walked out of the diner, tendrils of black shadow seemed to wisp from under Reiko’s cloak, part of the enchantment on her armor that let her blend into shadows. She palmed the pepper shaker from the table and slipped it into a pocket of her coat. Reiko paused in the door of the dinner and looked up at the security camera. She concentrated, and there was a slight whirr and then a wisp of white electrical smoke from the device. No sense leaving any trace of them here.

As Freeman was preparing his SAMAS, Reiko strapped on her pack and looked down the road. “I note the sheriff did not say how far down the road these Legionnaires were,” she commented to Freeman. She started off. He could catch up easily in that power armor, and if he needed help, he had her comm. She stared up at the sun. She would prefer to travel at night.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 371 times ]

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

THAT BIG MOOSE COULD BREAK YOUR HEAD WITH ONE HANDCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The cat-wraith battle is a bit of a stalemate at this point, none of the blazingly fast opponents can seem to land a hit on each other.

It talks almost all of George's concentration to just keep the gun sighted on the cat. As one would expect, the wraiths move like juicers. But the cat moves in a different way. The cat has been seriously wired.

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BECAUSE, IT'S SORT OF A SPECIAL PLACE TO ME Freeman, Reiko

The road leaving town is easy hard packed earth with a low split rail fence along each side. Some scrub bush here and there, dried grasses and lots and lots of dust. But after a bout a mile, the fence tapers off and ends. Then the road gets more indistinct. There's a line where the terrain is different, but has no distinct edges and rolls different than the surrounding land. Large slabs of broken concrete jut up here and there, dare I say, like tombstones of a forgotten age?

Heading east, the only marks are from the wagon train and the SAMAS. Heading the other way though, there are no Behemoth tracks, but there are plenty of other things, hover cycles, dinosaurs, and more. More than enough to cause the ruckus the Sheriff mentioned. Freeman obviously knows enough western parlance to know that "a little ruckus" means a hell of a ruckus.
What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
[/quote]

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Checking the road Freeman frowns, "You'd think a Behemoth would be easier to follow." Of course he is no skilled tracker, I need Egan Grey here with me, he'd be able to pick up the trail no problem. Of course, he might also kill everyone involved in cold blood. Perfect attributes for a CS Ranger, but now I am with this Tomorrow Legion. They probably have stupid ideas about defending life in all its forms. Shaking his head, John looks at his travelling companion.

"Shall we head west? I don't know anything about the group's mission, so it's hard to surmise where they might have went from here. If you have any insights, I'd be happy to hear them." Well not happy exactly, but at least she's easy to look at. Probably shape changes into a snake or something. I hate snakes.

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 15
Notice 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 15 (7)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Reiko knelt in the dirt, surveying the road. Why didn’t the sheriff just tell them which way the damn Legionnaires went? She wasn’t about to admit to the gaijin that she wasn’t much of a tracker, either. But she would give it a shot. She closed her eyes and focused on the nanites in her system, the gift of the cyber-knights.

Boost Tracking 3 Fail
Psionics 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Unfortunately, Reiko felt the connection fail. She scowled in frustration and looked at the road again.

Tracking 2 Fail
Tracking 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)


Reiko grit her teeth. She couldn’t make sense of it. She straightened up. “They may be off the road,” she said. “There is little of a road left, anyway, and if they have a Behemoth, they would not need it. You have the capability to fly, John Freeman. Perhaps a higher vantage would benefit us.” She pushed back a lock of dark hair from her water blue eyes. “How far do your sensors go?”

She refused to go back to town with her tail between her legs and ask for directions.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 28/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Reiko Tanaka wrote:
Reiko grit her teeth. She couldn’t make sense of it. She straightened up. “They may be off the road,” she said. “There is little of a road left, anyway, and if they have a Behemoth, they would not need it. You have the capability to fly, John Freeman. Perhaps a higher vantage would benefit us.” She pushed back a lock of dark hair from her water blue eyes. “How far do your sensors go?”


When inquired about his sensor range John's first instinct is to say, That's classified. At the moment he suddenly realizes security clearance is out the window. Then again, he wasn't about to spill all the secrets of the Coalition.

"I can get pretty good range on my sensors, let me take a minute to fly a quick recon route. Just remember when I'm up high a lot more things can see me too, be ready for trouble."

Taking to the air, John uses his sensors to see if he can spot the Behemoth. He hopes his fifty times optical zoom is enough or combat radar are enough.

Notice 17
Notice 1d8+2 = 10 (8) Ace: 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace 1d6 (4)

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
George continues to focus on the cat, while waiting for Carlos to do his thing. He knows he can trust Gummy to back his play, if necessary.

Meanwhile, Big Al begins talking to Hawdore. "Do you think you can locate this 'box' they're looking for? I don't know if we're better off trying to snag it or to avoid it at all costs, but I do think we'd be better off knowing where it is."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 37
Reply with quote
Notice 1d4+1 = 4 (3)
Wild 1d6+1 = 5 (4)

Despite the momentary clarity of vision, Gummy finds it immeasurably frustrating to deal with her intermittent sight in the midst of combat -- while fully engaged at the moment, it was impossible to ignore the omnipresence of her faltering tech.

Baaaahhh!

Attempting to downplay her peaking temper, Gummy speaks very little, although does fully acknowledge the snippets of conversation. There's no advice she can offer Carlos that hasn't already been suggested, but certainly, she felt it would be far wiser to put as much distance between herself and the skirmish as possible had their roles been reversed. Even the haste of the hovercycle was little reprise from the violent immediacy of the enemies so furiously engaged, especially given the expired nature of several combatants.

Regardless of her wary summation of the battlecat amalgamation, Gummy was ready to fight should it be necessary -- whatever that creature was, it seemed at least mortal. That she could work with.

. . . eh, let us see which mess we have to clean up. . .

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


***

“I’m always ready for trouble,” Reiko said. She watched John Freeman fly up, and then stepped off the road into the shadow of one of the upturned concrete blocks, slowly disappearing into the shadows.

Boost Stealth 3 Fail
Psionics 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Stealth 5
Stealth 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

***

[OOC=Conditions]
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Simba continues to monitor the situation. Neither this cat creature or those dreadful undead creatures look like they are making any head way. Hopefully when all is said and done, hopefully the winner is going to be so injured, we can safely dispatch them. Simba will take a moment to look at the activity of the metal men, and ensure no one else is coming to surprise them. Taking advantage of the height.

Notice
Notice: 1d6+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

YOU LOOK MIGHTY UNHAPPY MA'AMCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The monster-vs-cat fight is actually a little dull. They really should be doing more damage to each other. A few gentle slaps and no blood or juicey undead guts spilled. One could call it incompetence or maybe it could be just dumb bad luck.

George's continued observations reinforce his conclusion: this cat is cybered up with cutting edge stuff. Despite her current impediment, Gummy can observe the fatigue building in the cat.

From above Simba gets the best view of the what the CS forces are doing. They are consolidating, the two air cars have landed and a pair of lightly armed figures disembark.

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

WORKING OUT BETTER THAN YOU HOPED FOR BOSS Freeman, Reiko

Altitude, sensors and a keen sense of direction server Freeman better than all of Reiko's special features. Now Reiko does certainly spot a lot interesting details. There is a big hole in the prairie that has been recently covered. A BIG hole. And recently as in yesterday.

Now Freeman, from his position he spots all sorts of fun. The Behemoth is there, 30 minutes out for the SAMAS. But there are other things going on. Maybe a lot more. No shots fired as of yet, that he can see. By his count four SAMAS and two sky cars are heading to the same position. And a thing that barely registers.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Fudging sensor ranges for sake of getting the gang together.
  2. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

Reiko paused as she came to the hole in the ground. A big hole. She tapped her comm to activate it.

“I have something here, Freeman,” the ninja cyber-knight said. “Someone dug something big out of the ground. It’s fresh. Like yesterday fresh.”

Reiko started to work around the edge of the hole, trying to judge its size and depth and shape. What had it been? And what could have dug it out?

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Setting down next to Reiko, Freeman takes a minute to inspect the hole while updating her.

"I spotted the behemoth, 30 minutes out. Looks like they are about to tango with some CS. Not sure if we can get there in time to make much difference, but I might be able to spoof the CS to buy the group a little time."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
George, lacking any further impetus, opts to keep his gun ready and aimed at the cat. "Carlos, mebbe get that cage ready, just in case."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Notice 13
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (5) Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4)


Simba maintains orbit around the fight. The two sides seem to be sizing each other up. It would be a shame to kill an intelligent creature, if it is intelligent.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 91
Reply with quote
Carlos searches in his packs and comes up with a selection of rib bones and some ligaments. He will need to make three sections, each using bones from the same rib cage. The ribs will have to be from next to one another for the first and second. The third will need to be a rib from the top of the set and a rib from the bottom of the set. That way the ribs magically link to form a circle. He will have to place the devices at three points equal parts of the way around the circle or as close as he can come. Each part will also need an anchor made from a leg bone wet at an angle pointing inwards toward the center of the circle and a piece of the headbone of a dino that pushes down trees so as to create a force that pushes back anything that tries to pass the circle formed by the innermost point of the anchors.

OOC Comments
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 (4) Wild Arcana 1d6 (6) WA Ace 1d5 (5) Arcana = 11
Ecowizardry 1d10 (10) Wild EW 1d6 (5) EW Ace 1d10 (3) Ecowizardry = 13
Ride 1d6 (2) Wild Ride 1d6 (1) Ride = 2
Notice 1d8 (1) Wild Notice 1d6 (1) Notice = 1 (botch)


After finishing his devices Carlos tries to rid around the creatures, but his Ostrasaurus refuses to go downwind of the creatures and he is forced to walk. He is co concerned with hiswork that he is oblivious to his surroundings.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Last edited by Carlos on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 12 2 Raises
Notice 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 12 (4)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

“Half hour for you, or for me, Freeman?” Reiko asked as she continued to circle and examine the pit. “Can you carry me in that fancy jet suit? Or am I to be left behind?” She glanced over to the impassive face plate of the SAMAS armor. It was impossible to read someone through it. She wondered if her own black half mask were as inscrutable. Her water blue eyes were still visible until she put down her visor, though, and sealed the cyber-knight armor. She wasn’t wearing her geisha makeup at the moment. “What do you make of this?” She indicated the hole.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY PICKED UP A LITTLE COMPANYCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The odds change in the fight. The cat lands a terrible blow on one of the murder wraiths, nearly rending it in half. The remaining wraith scores a hit on the cat, but it's not enough to take it down. It seems to have the opposite effect as the cat crouches down and roars right in the wraith's face. The cat just spit in a murder wraith's face.

Simba has a good view of the gross elements of the combat from his perch above. He can't see the spittle flying from feline mouth to undead face, but he can clearly tell that one wraith is down, one wraith and the cat are still fighting. When the cat roars, he hears it but he also senses a burst of psychic energy

Now, on the Coalition side of the game, he sees that the two non-combat types are performing a very thorough search of the ground. He doesn't have much experience with human kinesics, but he can still tell that one of them is getting very very agitated.

George, as he observes more and more of this confrontation, he gains even more insight into this beast's construction. It is clearly a mutant cat of some large species, just like a dog boy or a normal battle cat. This creature has a heavy armor. And he now understands partly why his strikes are as effective as they are, at least against a normal target the enlarged vibro-claws on its hands would be devastating. There must be something else at work to let it rend undead the way it does.

A creature of nature, utilizing every element in harmony is Carlos's way. And he performs his complex ecowizardy with elegance. And then he goes to get on the dino. It not only spooks, but in the process Carlos trips, lands face first, or more accurately, left-eye first into a pile of stinging nettles. His hand landed in poison oak, which wasn't bad for his leathery skin, but when he reached up to wipe his eye, he was in a world of hurt.

Donna hollars over the radio to George, "So, beautiful, want us to move towards you or those CS jokers?"

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1004 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TOLD YOU TALK WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH Freeman, Reiko

Upon closer look at the hole, both Reiko and Freeman realize something was dug up, something was buried. Reiko spots a small bit of broken metal laying partially concealed in the dust a few yards away.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Carlos is -1 to all vision related rolls until he gets medical attention.
  2. Fudging sensor ranges for sake of getting the gang together.
  3. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)



George replies to Donna, "Keep coming to my position; no need to poke the Cee-Ess just yet." Then he looks to Carlos and winces. "Ooh, that looked painful. Do you want me to take a look at it?" He should be able to continue to aim with the pistol (using his tail) while tending to the Simvan's injured eye.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:41 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 91
Reply with quote
Carlos is clearly being negatively affected by the presence of the Murder Wraiths and the Cyber Cat, he would normally avoid any environment poisons without having to think about it. As it is, he is in a bit of a quandry. He does not want to continue being hurt, but he also does not want to have technology used to treat him.

He grunts, "No machine help, machine hurt worse."

Something like an eye wash might not be too bad, but a medical nanomachine would be horrid.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Investigation 13
Investigation 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6 (5)


When asked about flying or walking Freeman gives a shrug, which looks oddly commicaly coming from the bulky power armor, "I imagine I can get us there quicker, assuming you can button up your armor tight. A small spec hits your exposed skin at that speed and it'll hurt worse than a rail gun."

When he looks at the hole his first instinct is suspicion, "In the Army we'd treat this as a potential mine or IED."

Peering at the hole closely for a moment, Freeman takes a step back and takes in the whole picture trying to piece together what happened in his mind. When (if) Reiko points out the metal nearby he adds that to his mental picture and then uses the optics package on his SAMAS to zoom in close, look at thermal readings, and generally get as much information as possible. He doesn't touch or disturb anything while poking around, lest he set off some unintended consequence. Digging then re-digging didn't make much sense, unless someone took something out and put something back. Could be a common hunters stash, or a dead drop even.

"Don't think it's a bomb, more like some place where people swap supplies or information.

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

Reiko spotted a glint of sunlight in the dirt and moved over, picking up a piece of small, broken metal.

“Something was buried here,” Reiko concluded, speaking to Freeman over the comm. “And someone came and dug it up.”

She studied the bit of metal.

“I can fully seal my armor,” Reiko assured him. “I am not sure we will learn much more from this hole, though. We had best rendezvous with the Legionnaires.” She pocketed the small metallic piece and looked up at the black SAMAS armor hovering above. “Come down and I will jump on.” Raising her black-gloved hand, she watched a small shimmer of blue mystic energy flow across it, changing the texture, making it sticky.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Setting down near Reiko, Freeman extends his arms for her to grab a hold. He tenses and jerks his head back slightly as her armor begins to glow, and almost instinctively pulls back when she tries to touch him with the blue aura, "I don't know what the hell you're doing but I got enough people after me without stinking like magic to a dog boy. That better not leave a smell on my armor."

Resigned to his fate as a scumbag among other scumbags, the former Coalition States Intelligence operative lifts off roughly. She either has a hold or doesn't The SAMs aren't really designed for carrying the shifting weight of a person, although they do some drills for evacuating injured soldiers or pulling out special forces operatives. Thinking back to those exercises, John tries not to cause his passenger to lose her lunch.

Once they are clear of the treeline, Freeman punches the accelerator and the huge fan jets on the back of his armor whine to lift propelling both of them across the countryside at incredible speeds. While he considers a zig-zag vector, that might prove tricky with the shifting weight so instead he straight lines in, and plays both sides over the radio.

Using a CS frequency he calls in like a friendly, "Be aware, friendly fast mover coming up on your six with prisoner in tow. I'll try to steer clear of your cross fire if those folks on the ground give you trouble."

Then he clicks over to his Legion radio frequency, "Coming in from the west, carrying a Legion operative for you. Hold fire."

Persuasion 10
1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (3)
Note: +1 to roll against CS

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
George nods at Carlos. "I can do low-tech. Used to do a lot of alley-work on a low budget. You ain't lived til you fix a malfunctioning Juicer rig usin' only a bonfire and a crowbar, I'm tellin' ya. I ain't takin' off my armor near those cats, but I'll stick to the basics--saline wash, tweezers, swabs--for anythin' touchin' you, okay?"

As he gets off the hovercycle and starts to work, he continues to point the laser pistol at the melee.

OOC Comments
Roll forgoes the +2 from the armor's medkit, but since Healing skill doesn't require anything more than 'clean water and bandages' to roll without a penalty, I'm not modifying it further. He does still get the +2 from the Healer Edge.
Healing 1d10+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Heal 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Basic success.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue May 01, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

“Relax, Deadboy,” Reiko said. “It will just let me hold on better.” Indeed, she clung almost like a second skin as Freeman took off, keeping her body in close to his. It would be almost intimate if there wasn’t a couple inches of composite armor between them.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 11 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 91
Reply with quote
The treatment helps, though it is hard for Carlos to tell that at first, due to the disturbing effect of the high-tech gear George is wearing in his senses. It still takes time, so the trap, while ready, does not get placed yet.

Khar-loez says to George, "You heal good. You good tribesman."

Sometimes, it can be hard to communicate exactly what is meant without using the communications band to translate intent.

_________________
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Temporary Condition: May speak and understand all languages


Fri May 04, 2018 4:36 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
George smiles warmly, understanding the sentiment being conveyed, and nods. "Glad ta help. Okay, all done." The Grackletooth leans back, satisfied with his handiwork. "Now, let's see about getting that cat-trap set up, shall we? Gummy, you ready if things go south?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 37
Reply with quote
Gummy's eye twitches with a tinge of resentment at the relative ease of Carlos's treatment.

Baka! Stupid eyes. . .

Still a tinge hesitant towards the notion of going toe to toe with either respective faction embroiled in the melee, Gummy nods at George regarding his request -- it seemed that combat would be inevitable if they didn't act quickly.

"Hai, let us hope this trap works."


Her hand still gripped firmly on her sword in happenstance it is required.

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Sun May 06, 2018 11:29 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1005 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png

Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY PICKED UP A LITTLE COMPANYCarlos, George, Gummy, Hawdore, Simba

The battle between the murder wraiths and the cat ends in a flurry of blades and claws. The battle cat is standing, but it is has some very serious wounds. It breathes, standing over the dead wraith for moment. It roars and then snatches the body up, holding the limp corpse of the wraith in its mouth. It looks around and seems to notice the members of the 4th for the first time. Its eyes are terrifying, and there is nothing but crazy showing in them now.

George takes care of Carlos' eye. It is a simple but delicate matter.

"Boss, we got a weird call from an approaching unit. Says he's got a Legion person meant to join us. What should we do?"

Gummy's good eye is on the cat and she's perfectly ready to react. React to whatever happens next.

Initiative-For Fun or Profit
Cat QD
Gummy 7C
George 6H
Carlos 8H

What are you doing?

Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1005 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TOLD YOU TALK WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH Freeman, Reiko

The John+Reiko snugglefest moves very fast. Not nearly enough time for their undying love for each other to develop.

Freeman receives the officialist of official answers from the CS team he's approaching, and it says: Don't approach. We'll shoot you and we don't care. Which is a code Freeman understands completely. It means: We're up to no good so stay away.

They are soon within visual range, at least close enough to pick out the Behemoth.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


***

Not privy to Freeman’s radio conversations, Reiko can only cling to his back. The wind whipped at the black duster she wore, and she peered ahead at the massive robot they were approaching. She also took a moment to glance at the CS soldiers nearby.

“What are they up to?” she wondered. They were close enough, they had to notice the Behemoth.

Looking ahead, she saw the small figures of another group. Who were they?

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (6)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Wed May 09, 2018 3:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Simba is flying overhead watching the fight between the Cat the murderwraiths and keeping an eye on the metal men. When Simba notices something weird about them, they are setting up some kind of equipment. Flying closer Simba telepathy picks up. "HQ, HQ. We need air support. Tom is out of the cage. Repeat, Tom is out of the cage."

This isn't good. More metal men, and the team is not aware? I better warn them. "To my allies, more of the See Esss is coming in. Flyers like the ones I killed earlier. Take cover!"

A very unfamiliar voice speak into Simbas head. "Like you killed? LOCK ON TARGET HOSTILES IN THE AREA!"

That didn't work out well. Simba flies down to the CS troops. Simba land right in front of them, and uses greater blasts to knock them troops out. "ENEMY CONTACT! THE CAT IS ATTACKING US! FIRE ON OUR LOCATION!"

"Roger, Missiles enrout." Simba hears the radio transmission.

I hope the others know to stay way. confident that Simba is now being tracked in some way, he sits down and start praying to his GODS. "O beings who breath life into our world. I pray that you watch over my people and protect them. May you watch over the people of the 4th COT and protect them. And finally, may you protect the good people of the Tomorrow Legion, may you watch over them and protect them."

The Missiles come flying in and with Precision hits their intended target. The impact is visible for miles. Inspection of the impact site reveals several bodies, and CS equipment strewed all over the place. it's difficult to discern which body part belongs to whom. Some parts are enclosed in body armor, some are not. There is little hope that Simba could have survived that kind of impact, especially multiple missile strikes.

_________________
Simba
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942

Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 329
Reply with quote
Post Blaze Mini Reply

Simba is retiring by way of a Blaze if Glory.

He sacrificed himself to redirect the air strike onto the CS group, obliterating them completely. Even the most thorough forensic team could not tell if they had found what they were looking for.

The Behemoth was rocked by the blast but is otherwise fine. The group with the cat are all knocked on their butts, including the cat. (The blast stunned the cat, he is no longer berserk.)

Freeman not only saw what happened, but heard the radio chatter. Reiko saw everything. Both were buffetted severely by the blast. Reiko’s magic hands worked as advertised and she didn’t fall.

More later! That should give you enough to carry on.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
What the hell?!

The concussion of the air strike rocks and buffets Freeman's Super SAMAS and he fights to regain control. However, the turbulence is nothing compared to the throughts bouncing around in his head. Trying to piece everything together is almost impossible. The Coalition troops were obviously up to something off book, maybe not even a sanctioned op. Then one of the legion types transmittedintel to the CS indicting the legion in death of CS personnel. The Dead Boys responded in kind with an air strike - which makes perfect sense to Freeman - but then the legion bat thing redirected the strike to save the group. Somewhat confident he has things straight in his mind, Freeman hits the jets and flies into midst of the legion. Setting down loudly he looks at Reiko.

"We're on the ground. Get that sticky magical shit off my armor."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu May 10, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
"Carlos, do your thing, man. Gummy, you and I hit it if the trap don't--"

"Wait, what? Have them go to your location, we need them checked out and--"

And then the BOOM hits, stunning all of them. George is undamaged, but his aim was definitely spoiled. "Carlos, NOW!" "Sitrep! What was that?"

Over the radio, a tearful Donna replies, "George... It was Simba--he drew the Coalition airstrike to their own troops.... He's offline."

George's reptilian hide would pale if it could. "Pick up the new arrivals, and then get ready to come get us--we'll either have this beast in a cage, or be running from it. Either way, we'll need an evac."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d8 (7)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 7 (1)


***

Reiko watched the bat-like d-bee fly toward the group of CS soldiers, and then the other group launch missiles at them, leaving a crater in the ground and buffeting Reiko. But thanks to her magic armor, she maintained her perch on Freeman’s back.

“What was that about, Freeman?” Reiko asked as they landed.

Since he was so all-fired annoyed at her magic sticky, she grinned behind her mask and ran up his back, launching herself off his head in a flip, and perfectly landed a three-point landing, her duster swirling around her dramatically.

Straightening, Reiko smoothed out her coat over her armor plates and looked up at the armored Behemoth. “So do we knock, or is there a secret passcode?” Reiko asked.

***

Conditions
Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 25/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

_________________
Reiko Tanaka
Reiko Tanaka, Novice Human Cyber-Knight
Parry: 7, Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 25/30
Combat Edges: Giant Killer, Mighty Blow, Champion, Tricky Fighter, Cyber-Kinetic Combat, Cyber-Kinetic Awareness
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards: Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 37
Reply with quote
Notice
OOC Comments
1d4+1 = 2 (1) (Glitch penalites taken into account)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)


Gummy lifts her head off the ground after reeling from the concussive brisance, a scornful grimace etched on her soiled face. For once, she loses her grasp over her well-manicured demeanor -- albeit a tenuous vacillation at times, at this moment, any hint of subdued rage boiling forth.

"くたばれ!!!! (Kutabare)"

Fully bearing her blackened teeth, she lifts herself up from the ground with her golden blade -- her intense stare darts around, the persistent glitch within her cybernetics only stoking the furnace of her unadulterated rage as the blast apparently worsened the effect.

"They fired missiles at us!? Those insolent, disgusting, honorless filth!"

Looking desperately for any survivors wearing the nefarious dead-boy armor, thoughts of delivering a coup-de-grace race through her head before she notices George. Offering to help him to his feet, albeit in a rather brusque tone, "Get up, George-san. This beast is still alive. . . I want its skin!"

Furious at the churlishness of the cowardly attack, Gummy, although still furious, tempers her initial outburst in the face of a potential threat. If that amalgamation was still willing to fight, she wanted to make certain George was on his feet in the eventuality things went very badly.

I pray there are survivors from this Coalition. . .

_________________
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3


Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Reiko Tanaka wrote:
“What was that about, Freeman?” Reiko asked as they landed.


"That, Freeman replies flatly, "is indiscriminate fire. There are only two reasons to use it. You're a true believer who wants to waste every d-bee and demon you see. Or, you're up to no good and don't want any witnesses." Gaining a little altitude after Reiko jumps off Freeman frowns beneath the face plate of his Super SAMAS, "When you get down to it, there aren't that many true believers but there are a lot of selfish ass hats. My money is on 'up to no good'."

The lack of response to his radio call, from both sides, also has John worried. Coming up unannounced was a one way ticket to a missile volley up sunshine valley.

"Legion. We are here to assist. Please advise how we can be of service."

_________________
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30


Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
From the Behemoth, he gets a radio response. A woman's voice, somewhat harried. "Ain't gonna deny that help is what we need. Proceed to our location--we're the big white bot with the red cross on the front--and come aboard, there'll be staff there to greet you. When you get here, the door to the bay will be open, just come right in."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.