Artemeisia - (MARS Mercenary)

Home to characters who have been put into an official "Inactive Character Slot" for later use.
Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Artemeisia - (MARS Mercenary)

Post by Artemeisia »

Character Sheet
Player Name: Justin
Google Handle: jwlyon1

Artemisia Harpe Discipula
Race: True Atlantean
Iconic Framework: MARS Merc
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0 (-1 w/o eyepatch); Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 7
  • Fighting d12
  • Knowledge (Battle) d6
  • Linguist:
    • Knowledge: Dragonese
    • Knowledge: French
    • Knowledge: Greek
    • Knowledge: Japanese
    • Knowledge: Latin
    • Knowledge: Spanish
  • Notice d6
  • Intimidation d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Piloting d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Taunting d8
Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): One Eye: –1 Charisma, –2 to rolls requiring depth perception
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk (EVERYTHING has a swordsmanship metaphor)
  • Hindrance (Minor): Wanted (Coalition & Federation of Magic) The character is a criminal of some sort
  • Hindrance (Racial): Burdened by Destiny: True Atlanteans have many advantages. As such reduce their hero’s journey rolls by one - player’s choice as to which one.
  • Hindrance (Racial): Cyber Resistant: Cyberware doesn’t work for this race. The race cannot take any Iconic Framework which includes cybernetics as an inherent ability (including the bio-comp system needed to be a Juicer) nor may they roll on the Cybernetics Benefits Table (see page 135).
  • Hindrance (Racial): History Writ In Blood: The long war between Atlanteans and Vampires, and the current occupation of their homeland, means they are actively hunted by both the minions of the Splugorth (particularly the vile Sunaj) and by the Vampiric hordes. In conflicts with eithis group, a known True Atlantean will be targeted above all othiss, and if eithis group learns of a True Atlantean in an area where they operate, they will alter plans immediately to ensure the True Atlantean's destruction.
  • Hindrance (Racial): Duty to their Clan: Duty to their clan, and to the MegaVerse at large, is stressed to all True Atlanteans at an early age. As a result all True Atlanteans are beholden to their clans and elders. They cannot receive more magical tattoos without access to their clan’s alchemists. this counts as a major vow hindrance.
  • Hindrance (Racial): Duty to the Megaverse: In addition to their duty to the clan, all True Atlanteans are bound by ancient duty to protect the weak and fight evil in all its forms. this manifests as eithis the Overconfident or Heroic major hindrances. [Overconfidence]
  • Wanted (Minor): Little Pocahontas
  • Enemy (Minor): Henry "Hellfire" Harrison

Edges
  • Racial Edge: Ageless: True Atlanteans do not age at the normal rate after they become 25 years old. They can live 500 years or more.
  • Racial Edge: Tough:+1 to Toughness
  • Racial Edge: Marks of Heritage: Magic tattoos denote heritage. All True Atlanteans bear the "Marks of Heritage," a pair of magic tattoos on each wrist. The marks are always the same, a tattoo of a heart impaled by a wooden stake (no blood) on the right wrist for protection from vampires and a flaming sword tattoo to create a magic M.D.C. weapon on the left wrist. The tattoos are placed on an Atlantean child at age five or six. The clan's crest may be part of the sword's hilt. These "Marks of Heritage" are magic tattoos.
  • Marks of Heritage - Unique Magical Tattoos
  • Clan Blade: Nothing is more iconic of the True Atlantean than her tattoos. Activating the weapon tattoo, as an action, gives the bearer the Smite power (self only). Use Spirit as the arcane skill to activate this power. The mystical tattoo imbues the hero with 5 P.P.E. usable solely for activating the Clan Blade. this pool of P.P.E. recharges at the rate of 1 per hour and is unaffected by Rapid Recharge. Additional P.P.E. from othis sources cannot be used with this power. The clan blade manifests as a semi-transparent blade construct of magical force. If the character has Smite from anothis source (an Arcane Background, for example), they gain Improved Mark of Heritage - Clan Blade as a bonus edge.
    • Improved Mark of Heritage - Clan Blade
    • Experience has increased the power to her Clan Blade tattoo. The ability now does Strength + Spirit melee damage, is AP 6, and does Mega Damage. The True Atlantean simply activates her normal Mark of Heritage (Smite, or Exalted Smite) as normal. Furthis, activating Smite and Clan Blade is now a free action.
    • Heart impaled by Stake (no blood): this special ward makes the hero immune to the Mind Control and Puppet powers of Vampires only.
  • Racial Edge: Sense Ley Lines: this is identical to the ability of the ley line walker to innately sense and get information about ley lines.
  • Racial Edge: Spirited: All members of the race start with d6 Spirit Attribute.
  • Racial Edge: Operate Dimensional Pyramids: As one of the original builders of pyramids, almost all True Atlanteans can activate these wonders of magical construction. Use Common Knowledge rolls to accomplish this.
  • Edge: Ambidextrous: Your hero is as deft with her left hand as she is with her right. Characters normally suffer a –2 penalty when performing physical tasks with the off-hand (characters are assumed to be right-handed). With this Edge, your warrior ignores the –2 penalty for using her off-hand (see page 75).
  • Edge: Danger Sense: Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime she’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or othis nasty surprise, she gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail her roll, she still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 65).
  • Edge: Dirty Fighter: Some fight with honor. Some fight to win. this Edge is most likely known by thugs, mercenaries, and assassins. A Dirty Fighter is particularly good at Trick maneuvers, gaining a +2 bonus with them.
  • Edge: Frenzy: Frenzied fighters make fast and furious melee attacks, sacrificing finesse for raw speed. this allows them to make an extra Fighting attack per round at a –2 penalty to all Fighting rolls. this attack must be taken at the same time as anothis Fighting attack though it may target any two foes adjacent to the hero (Wild Cards roll two Fighting dice and one Wild Die). The –2 penalty is subtracted from all attacks. A character armed with two weapons still only makes one extra attack.
    • Improved Frenzy As above but no penalty
  • Edge: Quick Draw: This Edge allows a hero to draw a weapon as a free action (and thus ignore the usual –2 multi-action penalty if she chooses to fire as well). If the character must make an Agility roll to draw a weapon (see page 66), she adds +2 to the roll.
  • Edge: Strong Willed: Characters with strong willpower use their voice, steely stares, or quick wits to unnerve their opponents. Strong Willed adds +2 to a character’s Intimidation and Taunt rolls, as well as her Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Edge: Tricky Fighter: The hero suffers no multi-action penalty when using a Trick in the same round as a Fighting attack. The player must choose which type of Trick this Edge applies to (Agility or Smarts) and must have a d8+ in that attribute. The character may take this Edge twice to apply it to both kinds of Tricks. [Agility based]
  • Edge: Two Fisted: A Two-Fisted hero isn’t ambidextrous—she’s simply learned to fight with two weapons (or both fists) at once. When attacking with a weapon in each hand, she rolls each attack separately but ignores the multi-action penalty (see page 66).
Last edited by Artemeisia on Sun May 14, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Artemeisia Harpe Discipula
Edit Signature
Bennies: 1
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 8 6; Toughness: 7 / w/ armor 13 (5)
Worn Armor: SFD Bushman Full Composite Armor
Weapon in Hand: R.Hand: Chain-Longsword, L.Hand Wilks 227 Pulse Laser Pistol

"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa… which I have." - Inigo Montoya
"Well then, I seem to recall a rather pleasant little restaurant not far from here. Care to see if it's still standing?" - Ciaphas Cain
"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" - Nick Fury
Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: Artemeisia

Post by Artemeisia »

First glance
Height: 5'10"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Build: Fit
Other features of note: One eyed, wears eye-patch.

Background

"Hahahaha, you have no idea, really you do not. No, it is never easy, but it is our homeland, you must realize that at least? Good then you know that OF COURSE we go there. I've been to Atlantas countless times. Where to you think I lost this? Playing marbles? Quoits? If you guessed a Servitor's claws you would be quite close. The Servitor? No, we need not dwell on its current circumstances."

"And after a good raid, there is nothing like reliving the glorious details - not the inglorious ones, mind you - over good food and drink! Singing bawdy songs. Our deeds grow throughout the night and if we have done our work properly, we only remember the embellished details! For as few as we are, and as many as our enemy are, we do not need to embellish much! Hahahaha."

"Ah, but I know your type, you have only one thing on your mind. I've seen you eying them, thought I would not notice. They are a part of my body, so I noticed. Of course I have two, mine are bigger than most. It's better that way. Having a pair is primarily for show. Walk into a room with two giant chain swords and people pay attention. In a fight I prefer to hold the sword in my right hand, which is approximately five percent stronger. It was my dominant hand by birth and I've never been able to perfectly balance the two. In my left, I hold the pistol. It does mean I can only parry with one weapon, in that you are correct, but I can also shoot down an enemy at a hundred meters, and controlling distance is the heart of swordsmanship."

“While I find more aesthetic pleasure and attraction to the nuanced skills taught by the so called Renaissance masters such as Bonetti, Capo Ferro, Agrippa and Morrozo, the older, Medieval swordsmen have much more relevance to today’s fighting. While a rapier was an extremely deadly weapon between unarmored gentlemen, fighting a fully armored opponent with a rapier was impossible. But a vibro-sword or chainsword, both resemble the Medieval analogs of long swords and greatswords. And while the technique for the use of these weapons is not as elegant, it is undoubtedly effective.”

“I have studied with swordmasters on this world and 17 others! I spent years in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, England and even feudal Japan. The ability to move in and out of worlds makes asynchronous study with multiple masters quite easy. Yes, yes, believe it, I am that old."

"Well, yes, it is true I’m trapped on this world for the moment…”

Notes:
Art of War Intro Essay wrote:Machiavelli has little sympathy for these medieval values. War for him is war, a no-holds-barred contest. Victory is the aim to which all other considerations on the battlefield must be subordinated. Behavior toward the enemy is not subject to common moral considerations. Every type of trickery and violence is legitimate when used against the enemy. The ideal military commander is one capable of constantly devising new tactics and stratagems to deceive and overpower the enemy.
Raimondo Montecuccoli wrote:"For war you need three things: 1. Money. 2. Money. 3. Money." - https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Raimondo_Montecuccoli
Clausewitz, On War, wrote:Characterized war as “perpetual conflict with the unexpected,"
Egerton Castle wrote:"Calmness, Vigour, Judgement"
Jane Austen good reference for Arte dialogue.
Last edited by Artemeisia on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 am, edited 9 times in total.
Edit Signature

"Well then, I seem to recall a rather pleasant little restaurant not far from here. Care to see if it's still standing?" - Ciaphas Cain
Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Background

Post by Artemeisia »

Gear

SFD Bushman Full Composite Armor:
  • Armor: +5 Armor, +1 Toughness
  • Weight: 17 lbs
  • Minimum Strength d8
  • Full Environmental Protection
Chain Long Sword
  • Weight: 15
  • Range: Melee
  • Damage: Strenght+2d8
  • Notes: AP 2, Mega Damage
Chain Long Sword
  • Weight: 15
  • Damage: Strenght+2d8
  • Notes: AP 2, Mega Damage
Vibro-knife
  • Weight: 2
  • Damage: Strenght+d6
  • Notes: AP 4, Mega Damage

Wilk’s 227 Pulse
  • Weight 3lbs
  • Range: 18/36/72
  • Damage: 2d6+1
  • ROF 2
  • AP 2
  • Shots 24
  • Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB
NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Weight 30
  • One two-person tent, insulated against up to −40 degrees Fahrenheit. It has water collection capabilities, capturing ambient humidity and evaporating water from occupants, thus extending water supplies by 20%.
  • One sleeping bag, also insulated. „One flashlight, with a concealed pocket knife. Miniaturized solar panels give it near-in nite operation under typical conditions.
  • One biometric compass/inertial mapper. Body motion provides the necessary power, and the system lets the user know how far and in what direction he’s traveled overtime (+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation). A mirrored back allows for re reflective signaling to others if the sun is out.
  • One short-range radio
  • One first aid kit, provides +1 to Healing checks. It has three uses before it needs to be replenished (300 credits).
  • One hunter/fisher kit, containing wires, line, hooks, and other elements necessary for fishing and small game trapping. This provides +1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned.
  • Three saw wires, composed of serrated, high tensile strength wire and two ring handles. Capable of slicing through wood, stone, and even non-Mega metals.
  • One fire starter, a combination solar powered ignition cell and int sparker (with six extra ints).
  • One survival knife, one small hatchet, and one wooden cross.
  • Four signal ares.
  • One climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and a small mallet.
  • One bar of soap and a sterilized cloth. „ One canteen.
  • Two weeks worth of minimal sustenance survival rations in sealed pouches.
NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 15/70
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 1, Hover, MDC Armor
Credits: 7,540cr
Gems, etc.: geodes from the dwarves (2,500cr of 5,000cr for TW construction)

Contacts
Last edited by Artemeisia on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit Signature

Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: Artemeisia

Post by Artemeisia »

Advances

Attributes:
+1 Agility d6
+1 Smarts d6
+2 Strength d6 + d8
+1 Vigor d6
+ 1Toughness

Skills:
+7 Fighting d4 + d6 + d8 + d10 +d12
+2 Knowledge (Swordfighting) d4 + d6
+2 Notice d4
+1 Persuasion d4
+3 Shooting d4 + d6 + d8
+1 Taunt d4

Iconic Framework
  • MARS Package: Merc Soldier
    • +5 skill points
      • + 2 Shooting d10
      • + 2 Taunting d6+d8
      • + 1 Intimidation d4
    • +2 Combat Edges, ignore Rank Requirements
      • Improved Frenzy
      • Dirty Fighter
  • Three rolls on any Hero’s Journey tables - 1 Racial Trait
  • 25 experience points
  • Three rolls on MARS Fortune & Glory Table
Narrative Hook:[dice]0[/dice]
  • Authority Issues. Your hero crossed the wrong people, pu ing him in trouble with someone of local authority. Perhaps it was a Coalition patrol or remote outpost, or it may have been Federation agents a empting to exert control where they were not wanted. He might have simply messed up in some major way with a town magistrate. Whether on the run, ghting his way out of trouble, or arrested and waiting for punishment, he got some help from of the Legion.
  • Two rolls on any Hero’s Journey tables
  • Three rolls on MARS Fortune & Glory Table
Hero’s Journey 1 [dice]1[/dice]
  • Table Training
    • Roll result
    • Description: Constant battle, for cause or survival, means your hero knows a great deal about combat. Select one Combat Edge; you may ignore all requirements except other Edges (to take Improved Frenzy; your character must have Frenzy first).
Hero’s Journey 2 [dice]2[/dice]
  • Table Experience & Wisdom
    • Roll result
    • Description: She always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge.

MARS Fortune & Glory
Fortune and Glory 1 [dice]3[/dice]
  • Agile and Dexterous: Your hero adds one die type to Agility and begins with either the Ambidextrous or Quick Edge. +1 Agile d8
Fortune and Glory 2 [dice]4[/dice]
  • A Way to Get Around: Your hero begins with a d6 in either Driving or Piloting. She also starts with any one vehicle of her choice.
Fortune and Glory 3 [dice]5[/dice]
  • Spiritual and Determined: Your hero adds one die type to Spirit and begins with the Strong Willed Edge. +1 Spirit d8 (starts at d6)
Hindrance Points
+2 Frenzy (Born a Hero)
+2 Linguist

Hero’s Journey

MARS Fortune & Glory

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Frenzy, Linguist
  • Free Edge (Human): N/A
  • MARS 1: Dirty Fighter
  • MARS 2: Improved Frenzy
  • Hero’s Journey 1: Tricky Fighter
  • Hero’s Journey 2: Danger Sense
  • Fortune & Glory 1: Ambidextrous, +1 to Agility d8
  • Fortune & Glory 2: Driving d6 + Vehicle
  • Fortune & Glory 3: + 1 die to Spirit d8, Strong Willed
  • True Atlantean
  • Novice 1 Advance: Two-Fisted
  • Novice 2 Advance: +1 Vigor
  • Novice 3 Advance: Quick Draw
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Racial Edge: Improved Mark of Heritage - Clan Blade
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Intimidate d6, Notice d6
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Creation Stuff
True Atlantean
For full history and text on the True Atlanteans, see Rifts World Book 2: Atlantis page 13 to 17.

Racial Features:
Ageless: True Atlanteans do not age at the normal rate after they become 25 years old. They can live 500 years or more.

Tough Toughness +1

Marks of Heritage: Magic tattoos denote heritage. All True Atlanteans bear the "Marks of Heritage," a pair of magic tattoos on each wrist. The marks are always the same, a tattoo of a heart impaled by a wooden stake (no blood) on the right wrist for protection from vampires and a flaming sword tattoo to create a magic M.D.C. weapon on the left wrist. The tattoos are placed on an Atlantean child at age five or six. The clan's crest may be part of the sword's hilt. These "Marks of Heritage" are magic tattoos.

Marks of Heritage - Unique Magical Tattoos
  • Clan Blade: Nothing is more iconic of the True Atlantean than his tattoos. Activating the weapon tattoo, as an action, gives the bearer the Smite power (self only). Use Spirit as the arcane skill to activate this power. The mystical tattoo imbues the hero with 5 P.P.E. usable solely for activating the Clan Blade. This pool of P.P.E. recharges at the rate of 1 per hour and is unaffected by Rapid Recharge. Additional P.P.E. from other sources cannot be used with this power. The clan blade manifests as a semi-transparent blade construct of magical force. If the character has Smite from another source (an Arcane Background, for example), they gain Improved Mark of Heritage - Clan Blade as a bonus edge
  • Heart impaled by Stake (no blood): This special ward makes the hero immune to the Mind Control and Puppet powers of Vampires only.
Sense Ley Lines: This is identical to the ability of the ley line walker to innately sense and get information about ley lines. If the hero chooses the Ley Line Walker Iconic Framework this racial ability instead grants an additional 10 P.P.E.

Spirited: All members of the race start with d6 Spirit Attribute.

Burdened by Destiny: True Atlanteans have many advantages. As such reduce their hero’s journey rolls by one - player’s choice as to which one.

Cyber Resistant: Cyberware doesn’t work for this race. The race cannot take any Iconic Framework which includes cybernetics as an inherent ability (including the bio-comp system needed to be a Juicer) nor may they roll on the Cybernetics Benefits Table (see page 135).

History Writ In Blood: The long war between Atlanteans and Vampires, and the current occupation of their homeland, means they are actively hunted by both the minions of the Splugorth (particularly the vile Sunaj) and by the Vampiric hordes. In conflicts with either group, a known True Atlantean will be targeted above all others, and if either group learns of a True Atlantean in an area where they operate, they will alter plans immediately to ensure the True Atlantean's destruction.

Duty to their Clan: Duty to their clan, and to the MegaVerse at large, is stressed to all True Atlanteans at an early age. As a result all True Atlanteans are beholden to their clans and elders. They cannot receive more magical tattoos without access to their clan’s alchemists. This counts as a major vow hindrance.

Duty to the Megaverse: In addition to their duty to the clan, all True Atlanteans are bound by ancient duty to protect the weak and fight evil in all its forms. This manifests as either the Overconfident or Heroic major hindrances.

Operate Dimensional Pyramids: As one of the original builders of pyramids, almost all True Atlanteans can activate these wonders of magical construction. Use Common Knowledge rolls to accomplish this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Racial Edge
Improved Mark of Heritage - Clan Blade
Requirements: Seasoned, True Atlantean Race, Marks of Heritage
Experience has increased the power to her Clan Blade tattoo. The ability now does Strength + Spirit melee damage, is AP 6, and does Mega Damage. The True Atlantean simply activates her normal Mark of Heritage (Smite, or Exalted Smite) as normal. Further, activating Smite and Clan Blade is now a free action.

Credits: [dice]6[/dice]
Last edited by Artemeisia on Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit Signature

Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: Artemeisia - (MARS Mercenary)

Post by Artemeisia »

Edit Signature

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Nice blades, Honor and what? Latin is rusty.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Standard Post Block:
OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: One Eye (-2 Range penalty), Sense Ley Lines, Danger Sense
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d6[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: One Eye (-2 Range penalty), Sense Ley Lines, Danger Sense[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)[/color][/size][/OOC]

Return to “Cryo-Freeze”