Recruiting: 18th Community Outreach Team (New West)

"Go west, young man" - Horace Greeley
GM: Tribe of One
Tribe of One

Recruiting: 18th Community Outreach Team (New West)

Post by Tribe of One »

After mulling over a campaign idea the past couple of months, I -- Tribe of One aka Cantrell aka Penitent -- am taking the plunge into GMing with a game set in the New West.

Here's the pitch:

Black Market Bible Camp
Located just east of the ruins of Kenton, Oklahoma, near the borders of the Old American Empire states of New Mexico and Texas, the ramshackle trading post known as Black Mesa owes its existence to two things: A nearby ley line that carries TW-powered caravans southeast from the Colorado Baronies to a nexus in the northern reaches of Lone Star, and an underground bunker built by far-sighted religious zealots who knew jack squat about HVAC systems.

Loaded with supplies, electronics and religious tracts, the bunker beneath the former Black Mesa Bible Camp was discovered by Black Market smugglers about 50 years ago. The occupants were long dead, killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, but the complex itself was perfectly serviceable with proper ventilation. Looking to liquidate the crates of Bibles and other paraphernalia within, the Black Market unwittingly attracted a number of New West preachers and other fanatics who continue to use the outpost as a hub for mission trips and pilgrimages throughout the surrounding region.

Decades later, the black-collared priests and the Black Market share the dusty streets with an eclectic mix of gunslingers, gamblers and traders, shifters, mercenaries and the militant techno-wizards of the Red River Combine.

It’s the sort of place that offers any number of opportunities for the Tomorrow Legion, but the 18th Community Outreach Team -- its sigil the Aces and Eights of the Deadman’s Hand -- hasn’t had much luck recruiting. A recent plea for help has the COT preparing for action, however. The message, from a veteran Cyber-Knight purported to be an old companion of Lord Coake, seeks help in the wild lands to the west, where a D-Bee village is in dire need of protection from Pecos raiders.

I'm looking to fill eight slots, with the following guidelines for character creation:
  • Several of the custom MARS packages in the House Rules forum are appropriate for this campaign if you're interested, including the Gunslinger and Psi-Slinger. Custom races are okay within reason (no excessive use of Hindrances to load up on positive traits, frex). At this point, I'd like to avoid any custom IFs. ARES characters will be considered on an individual basis -- those that model a character option from core Palladium Rifts or one of the western books (Lone Star, New West, Spirit West) are most likely to be approved; random weirdos and combat/magic monsters less likely. Also see the next bullet.
  • This is my first time running Savage Worlds and I want to avoid characters that push the boundaries of the power curve. I also want to keep the focus on the PCs, and not an entourage of sidekicks and minions. The shape change and summon ally powers, and the Followers and Sidekick Edges are prohibited.
  • The group will be moving around a lot, occasionally in tight spaces, so a character that relies on a robot or large vehicle is not a good fit. A Glitter Boy or an operator with a suped-up Mountaineer might be disadvantaged at times but might still work. A power armor pilot would be fine (and might get access to some fun retrapped power armor options ...)
  • Don't sweat over equipment. You will have a chance at the start of the campaign to swap your starting gear for other equipment at cost. (For balance reasons, this will apply only to gear that was pre-set -- no choosing a Battle Fury Blade as a F&G roll and then selling it for 13 million). I'm going to try to work up conversions or retrappings of more of the western Bandito Arms weapons and armor before Oct. 1.
  • I'd like a fairly well-balanced party. At least half should be members of the COT and the Legion, but a few can be mercenaries or allies of convenience -- you'll have good reason to work with the rest of the party once the game starts. Not everyone needs to be combat god or archmage; There is definitely room for multiple MARS characters. General roles that would be good to fill include: One or more characters with social skills, including someone who will be the leader of the COT; An operator, techno-mage or other character(s) with skill in Repair, Electronics, Kn: Computers, etc.; A scholar or other character with some history knowledge; a scout/survivalist; a character with some arcane know-how (not just firepower); a healer (magical or mundane).
  • Characters that play on post-apocalyptic Western themes are encouraged. Black Mesa is a wild place, home to gamblers and prospectors, gunfighters and grifters, law men and men of magic, preachers and pariahs. A "fish-out-of-water" character is a classic trope, as well, and since it's Rifts, almost anything could have a place in the COT.
I'm looking to start when the new quarter begins Oct. 1, so you have some time to work on submissions (and earn a few more EP if you need to buy another character slot). Game on!
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Recruiting: 18th Community Outreach Team (New West)

Post by Radecliffe »

It is unlikely I'll have the EP and I'd prefer to take a back seat to newer players that would want in but on the on the off chance I do have a M.A.R.S. Mercenary aka Gunfighter I worked up when the Gunslinger and Psi Slinger packages were being developed. I liked him as is so I never tried redoing him as one of the slinger packages.

Finn Quick aka The Quindorra Kid
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

I too would prefer to let new players have a chance at playing if it's me or them sort of thing.

However, if you want to take a look at Gideon Bennet to see if he might be someone you would like in your game, then by all means. :)
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I'm willing to defer to newer players, but I'm pretty excited about this game. I humbly submit Jack "Bullet" Jones for consideration. Background is pending final write-up. Texas gentleman (a little Doc Holliday-esque + Texas) wins interdimensional gambling tournament but is accused of cheating and chased through a rift before he can collect the prize. Joining the Tomorrow Legion seemed a good split of cover and opportunity for adventure, as well as a way to earn a steady paycheck while funding his next gambling binge.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jasco
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jasco »

Sounds like a fun concept/idea.

If you would have me, I'd like to take a shot at re-building Jasco (Crazy IF instead) to accommodate the group dynamic you presented. I have not played Savage Rifts before, but am a long-time Rifts player/GM. Therefore Jasco is my first foray into the Savage Worlds mechanic. Seems like a fun (albeit less munchkin-y than Rifts) system that requires for less rule lawyering and more simple mechanics.
Jasco: Human Information Broker [18th COT New West] | SR EP Ledger
Quick Stats
Human, MARS PCO: Information Broker
Bennies: 3/3
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (1dX); Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (3)
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Bad Eyes, Loyal
Notice d8, Common Knowledge d10, Persuasion d8+4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Killer Instinct (Wins tied opposed rolls, may reroll opposed skill die if it comes up a “1”), Command (+1 to troops recovering from being Shaken), Leader of Men (Roll a d10 as the Wild Die for subordinates’ group rolls), Tactician (Make a Knowledge (Battle) roll at the beginning of a fight to get an Action Card per success and raise; these may be given to any allies throughout the course of the battle), Robot Armor Jock (No -2 penalty while piloting robot armor.)
ISP: 20/20
Powers (all Mega): Speak Language with Splendor trapping (+2 to Charisma while the power is in effect, and on a Raise, a +1 die-type to Persuasion.); Telepathy with Shroud trapping ((message recipient) -1 to be hit by ranged attacks); Intangibility with Jazz trapping (+2 pace and on a raise, increase Agility one die type for duration of power.)
Adventure cards:
  • 7: Not Today - Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • 47: Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • 50: Theme Song - It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Sheesh, I go to sleep and a decent hour and the game almost fills up. :lol:

In any case, Sir Blurre, Cyber-Knight and fastest man in the West, is ready for review, so I'd like to claim a spot. I will definitely have the EP (and probably some extra) by Quarter's end.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

If there's room (obviously new players before me), I have several characters sitting in the wings on the Supporting Cast list and am willing to fill whatever niche we might need.

Ready to play are:
Caleb Black (MARS PCO Shadow warrior)
Kim Black (Techno-Wizard)
Sierra Mackenzie (Burster)
Reiko Tanaka (Cyber-Knight)
Alenysturathe (Flame Wing Dragon Hatchling)
Heather Todd (Mind Melter)

All are built RAW

Currently in development, and will be ready by October:
City Rat
Psi-Operator
MARS PCO Commander (focusing on the Command edges and making the team better)

Also I'm willing to try putting together anything else we might need. A doc might be good. I could do that, too. LIke a cyber-doc? Or maybe a Rogue Scholar.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Sounds like Growler would be a good fit. He is ARES, but is a Lone Star Experimental Dog Boy who was made as a Mage Hunter. I have a slot currently available if I replace Noglik (who is not in a group). I still have to finish his background, but he can be a member of the Tomorrow Legion.

OOC Comments
He has the Resistance and Regeneration (Magic, Fear, and Mind Control), and the Vagabond Extraordinaire (Wilderness Scout). He is a minor Psychic.

Growler: http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1100#p17841
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:If there's room (obviously new players before me), I have several characters sitting in the wings on the Supporting Cast list and am willing to fill whatever niche we might need.

Ready to play are:

All are built RAW

City Rat
Psi-Operator

Also I'm willing to try putting together anything else we might need. A doc might be good. I could do that, too. LIke a cyber-doc? Or maybe a Rogue Scholar.
Heh. I can tell you from experience that a Rogue Scholar actually makes a better Cyber-Doc than the MARS package does. It's pretty much the issue with the Mind Melter, only magnified--literally, the only thing the guy built using the C-D package gets is some relatively cheap gear, while the RS gets way more skills and Edges.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

• Tribe of One: Added your 18th CoT to Current Teams list. You are welcome to Edit the List or I will for you.

Game concept looks great. This sounds like what my IRL Savage Rifts group is up to. They split from the Legion though and are the Black Market (work for Immaterial Hand) lol.

Welcome to GMhood.

My New West character, http://i.imgur.com/xDy2ip7.jpg?2 Mr. Brown ~ Rift Runner & Black Marketeer.

Kidding, I have too many characters already. But it is a awesome pic :)
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Lars wrote:
My New West character, http://i.imgur.com/xDy2ip7.jpg?2 Mr. Brown ~ Rift Runner & Black Marketeer.

That is the coolest Charlie Brown ever. Why isn't he making specials for TV.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Jasco wrote:Sounds like a fun concept/idea.

If you would have me, I'd like to take a shot at re-building Jasco (Crazy IF instead) to accommodate the group dynamic you presented. I have not played Savage Rifts before, but am a long-time Rifts player/GM. Therefore Jasco is my first foray into the Savage Worlds mechanic. Seems like a fun (albeit less munchkin-y than Rifts) system that requires for less rule lawyering and more simple mechanics.
Sure thing, Jasco, just go ahead and get a build put together. I'm guessing your Crazy won't be a pixie :lol: . It might be fun to throw some skill points into Knowledge: History. I've always liked the idea of some extra files (old encyclopedias?) accidentally being downloaded during the Crazy conversion, which could be the basis of some of your neurosis, and make for an entertainingly unreliable historian/rogue scholar.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

RFT wrote:
Lars wrote:

That is the coolest Charlie Brown ever. Why isn't he making specials for TV.

a) There are no more TV's

b) When civilization ends you know that Charlie Brown has some scores to settle so there might not be much of the gang left. :shock:
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:If there's room (obviously new players before me), I have several characters sitting in the wings on the Supporting Cast list and am willing to fill whatever niche we might need.

Ready to play are:

All are built RAW

City Rat
Psi-Operator

That's a lot of great concepts Jude/Ashlyn. Your TW or Psi-Operator would fill the repairman niche (and maybe arcane expert) and would only be a power away from being a healer as well. If you could get your hands on medium C-K armor, it's easily retrapped as a TW version of the Triax medic armor.
Jasco
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jasco »

Thank you for the welcome. I hope it's alright, but I'm going to ditch the Crazy IF idea. I was in the middle of building it and saw that another PC has built almost the exact character I was looking to make (same race, attribute distribution, Edge choices).

I hope it's alright that instead I try to make a M.A.R.S. Black Market Information Broker. That should fit in I think.
Quick Stats
Edges and Abilities of Note: Killer Instinct (Wins tied opposed rolls, may reroll opposed skill die if it comes up a “1”), Command (+1 to troops recovering from being Shaken), Leader of Men (Roll a d10 as the Wild Die for subordinates’ group rolls), Tactician (Make a Knowledge (Battle) roll at the beginning of a fight to get an Action Card per success and raise; these may be given to any allies throughout the course of the battle), Robot Armor Jock (No -2 penalty while piloting robot armor.)
Powers (all Mega): Speak Language with Splendor trapping (+2 to Charisma while the power is in effect, and on a Raise, a +1 die-type to Persuasion.); Telepathy with Shroud trapping ((message recipient) -1 to be hit by ranged attacks); Intangibility with Jazz trapping (+2 pace and on a raise, increase Agility one die type for duration of power.)
Adventure cards:
  • 7: Not Today - Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • 47: Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • 50: Theme Song - It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.

Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

I'm interested. Was toying with a MARS concept but souring on it. I'll see if I can use this as motivation to kick my ass into gear and finish something. If there is room.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Jasco wrote:Thank you for the welcome. I hope it's alright, but I'm going to ditch the Crazy IF idea. I was in the middle of building it and saw that another PC has built almost the exact character I was looking to make (same race, attribute distribution, Edge choices).

I hope it's alright that instead I try to make a M.A.R.S. Black Market Information Broker. That should fit in I think.
No problem. I'm interested to see what you work up.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Eris Kuiper wrote:I'm interested. Was toying with a MARS concept but souring on it. I'll see if I can use this as motivation to kick my ass into gear and finish something. If there is room.
Definitely room for you, as it looks like this would be your first character. Are you going to tweak the pirate character? That could actually be kind of fun. We could hook you up with a retrapped Mountaineer or Big Boss that is a hover barge for sailing the western dunes.

Just note that sidekicks are not allowed. I see you mentioned one in your character thread.
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Sidekicks was part of my initial idea. With Command and leadership Edges. I was trying to do to much. So I dropped that idea. I was actually wondering if trying to be a squishy melee fighter was such a good idea, I mean if I'm going to be a melee guy why not a Combat Borg, Juicer, etc. But if this is going to be a New West game, then that might actually work.

I still keep switching 2-3 edges in mind mind depending on what I am trying to do.

This would be my first character on the SR side.

Plus I was thinking about dropping the whole True Atlantean idea but was trying to come up with a new race. Maybe something more New West/Spirit West/Lone Star would work.

Bounty Hunter? Cowboy? Ex Lawman?
Severianna
Quick Stats
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Eris Kuiper wrote:Sidekicks was part of my initial idea. With Command and leadership Edges. I was trying to do to much. So I dropped that idea. I was actually wondering if trying to be a squishy melee fighter was such a good idea, I mean if I'm going to be a melee guy why not a Combat Borg, Juicer, etc. But if this is going to be a New West game, then that might actually work.

I still keep switching 2-3 edges in mind mind depending on what I am trying to do.

Plus I was thinking about dropping the whole True Atlantean idea but was trying to come up with a new race. Maybe something more New West/Spirit West/Lone Star would work.

If you're worried about being squishy, a Grackletooth is always an option. Grackletooth dune pirate/bounty hunter? Or we could work up some stats for a larmac (the lazy lizard guys) or vanguard brawler (the scaled bruisers, like the bounty hunter from New West).
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

If Bullet Jones gets the nod, I'll be enlisting your help to round out the gambler he faced off against in the card tournament. I'm thinking something Jabba the Hutt like, more likely to send mercs to do his dirty work than to get in close himself.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Eris Kuiper wrote:Sidekicks was part of my initial idea. With Command and leadership Edges. I was trying to do to much. So I dropped that idea. I was actually wondering if trying to be a squishy melee fighter was such a good idea, I mean if I'm going to be a melee guy why not a Combat Borg, Juicer, etc. But if this is going to be a New West game, then that might actually work.

I am planning on playing Growler, a squishy Dog Boy who does both ranged and melee... plus Stealth, Survival, and Tracking
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Nomed Dercas

Post by Nomed Dercas »

I'd like to join the 18th if there's still room. I'm already in one game here and would like to join another. I don't think I have the EP for a new character as I just started, but I was going to sign up for patreon anyway so I figured this would be a great chance to get the guy from that into a game. I'm still spitballing ideas for a character. I was thinking of stealing the trappings of a Justice Ranger or possibly a Lyn-Srial Sky-Knight or Cloudweaver.
Character Summary
Nomed Dercas

Parry: 7; Toughness: In Armor 14(6) or in vehicle 17(8); Pace: 16(d10); Burn: 10(d10)
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/2
Adventure Cards: We Have The Talent - You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.(54)
Bennies: 3
+3 New Quarter
+2 Field Report
+1 Joker (06 An Unwanted Encounter)
-1 Extra Effort Agility Test (06 An Unwanted Encounter)
-2 Reroll Damage (06 An Unwanted Encounter)

Attributes
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d10

Skills
Shooting d10, Fighting d8, *Notice d6, Stealth d6, *Tracking d8, *Survival d8, Persuasion d6, Piloting d4, Throwing d6, *Streetwise d8, *Forgery (Common Knowledge) d6+2

Active Effects
+2 on all ranged attacks
-2 to be hit as long as Nomed is aware of the attack**
+2 to Tracking, Stealth and Survival in the wilderness
Nomed requires only half the normal amount of sleep and has +2 to resist fatigue
-1 to all Smarts and Smarts-linked skill rolls(*) in non-combat/low stress situations
On the first round of combat Nomed does not receive the benefit from Uncanny Reflexes** or Quick**
+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation
+1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned
+1 to Healing checks

Combat Edges
Split the Seconds: Grants an extra action each round.
Dirty Fighter: +2 with all Trick Manuvers
Quick: Whenever Nomed is dealt a 5 or less in combat he may discard and draw again until he gets a card higher than 5.**

Primary Weapon
JA-11 Energy Rifle
  • Range 30/60/120
  • Damage 3d6
  • RoF: 1
  • AP: 4
  • Shots: 60
  • Weight: 7
  • Notes: As an action, switch to fire an ion beam (use stats for NG-57) or have laser do Mega Damage (uses 10 ammo per shot and applies Snapfire penalty) Integrated scope offsets two points of Range and/or Darkness penalties. Advanced technology makes this weapon extra effective against armor, giving it +2 AP.)
  • Ion Beam
    • Range: 12/24/48
    • Damage: 1-3d6+1
    • RoF: 1
    • AP: 2
    • Notes: Ion weapons grant +2 Shooting due to the spread effect of the ion stream, but they lose one die of damage at Medium Range, and two dice at Long.
  • Long E-Clips: 2
Notable Equipment
  • Grenades(assorted)
  • Silvered Vibro-Sword
  • Wooden Stakes
  • NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Infrared Distancing Binoculars
  • Translator
  • Internal Repair System
  • NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Tribe of One wrote:

Ready to play are:

All are built RAW

City Rat
Psi-Operator

That's a lot of great concepts Jude/Ashlyn. Your TW or Psi-Operator would fill the repairman niche (and maybe arcane expert) and would only be a power away from being a healer as well. If you could get your hands on medium C-K armor, it's easily retrapped as a TW version of the Triax medic armor.

Glad you like. My first choice is Sierra, the Burster, but Kim the TW is second, if she can convince her dad to let her ;) I nixed the Psi-Operator idea. It just wasn't gelling. A regular Operator taking AB: Psionics looked way cooler LOL But I think I've got the character building bug out of my system for now. (Actually, have to build some Starfinder characters for Starfinder Society now that it's up and running in my local Pathfinder Society Lodge.)
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Jude Maverick wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:

Ready to play are:

All are built RAW

City Rat
Psi-Operator

Glad you like. My first choice is Sierra, the Burster, but Kim the TW is second, if she can convince her dad to let her ;) I nixed the Psi-Operator idea. It just wasn't gelling. A regular Operator taking AB: Psionics looked way cooler LOL But I think I've got the character building bug out of my system for now. (Actually, have to build some Starfinder characters for Starfinder Society now that it's up and running in my local Pathfinder Society Lodge.)
If it makes a difference, I'd let you swap in Telemechanics in place of Gadgeteer in the Psi-Operator MARS package. It's much closer to the source material that way and avoids some of the goofiness of non-TW Gadgeteer. Or you can go with one of the others if you like them better. Your TW would definitely have lots to do. I'll take another look at Sierra, too, to see how she might work. And are you due for a Patron item?
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Tribe of One wrote:

If you're worried about being squishy, a Grackletooth is always an option. Grackletooth dune pirate/bounty hunter? Or we could work up some stats for a larmac (the lazy lizard guys) or vanguard brawler (the scaled bruisers, like the bounty hunter from New West).
Lizard or scaly race doesn't feel like something I want for this guy. Trying to think of some non human race that would. I'll keep the bones of the MARS Pirate guy I was making and tweak it to a more Cowboy/Bounty Hunter thing.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Sierra is mostly pure damage and sass LOL Has some street abilities.

I'm a Diamond patron. I guess that comes with an item? I don't remember everything. I'm not even sure what to make for something like that.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Jude Maverick wrote:Sierra is mostly pure damage and sass LOL Has some street abilities.

I'm a Diamond patron. I guess that comes with an item? I don't remember everything. I'm not even sure what to make for something like that.
The best thing to do is make and enchanted item that grants the Deflection and Boost Stealth powers and give it to Echo.

It will help your character feel good about things because he will be in part responsible for all the lives she saves as well as the lives he saves.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I was going to suggest that you're really keen on whipping up a TW quick-draw pistol that shoots soul blast bolts and rolling that over to Bullet Jones, because you lost a bet.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

LOL All good ideas I will have to consider! :D
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Maximilian wrote:I was going to suggest that you're really keen on whipping up a TW quick-draw pistol that shoots soul blast bolts and rolling that over to Bullet Jones, because you lost a bet.
As a note, TW cannot do Soul Blast.
It is an exclusive trapping to Mystic's.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Per our PM exchange, I'd love to stat up a Fennodi Mystic for this game. Thanks!
Hardin and Jane
Hardin a Half-Elf Psi-Slinger
Parry: 5
Toughness: 10(3)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d12, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Jane a Bandito Arms Robot Mustang
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(10) MDC
Notes/Special Features:
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (Danger Sense Edge and +2 to Notice)
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Hardin wrote:Per our PM exchange, I'd love to stat up a Fennodi Mystic for this game. Thanks!
Yep, go for it. Bonus points if he's got some ties to the Black-Collared Brothers of Black Mesa.
Jax Covington

Post by Jax Covington »

Hey there! I'm new here, and to Post to Play, but would love to create a LLW scholar as interested in chronicling the various life forms that have come to earth across the Rifts as he is in unearthing the history behind their creation in the first place. Assuming that would works for this setting and fits your group composition so far?

I Will try to get some more general details fleshed out in the next couple of days.
Last edited by Jax Covington on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Tribe of One wrote:Yep, go for it. Bonus points if he's got some ties to the Black-Collared Brothers of Black Mesa.
Oh, I'm sure I can work that in. :D Thanks!
Hardin and Jane
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Jax Covington wrote:Hey there! I'm new here, and to Post to Play, but would love to create a LLW scholar as interested in chronicling the various life forms that have come to earth across the Rifts as he is in unearthing the history behind their creation in the first place. Assuming that would works for this setting and fits your group composition so far?

I Will try to get some more general details fleshed out in the next couple of days.
Sure thing. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

RFT wrote:
Maximilian wrote:I was going to suggest that you're really keen on whipping up a TW quick-draw pistol that shoots soul blast bolts and rolling that over to Bullet Jones, because you lost a bet.
Shhh. I'm sure we can come up with a valid reason that TW has access to Soul Blast. It's a patron item. I'm sure the GM will let it slide.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

RFT wrote:
If it's a Patron item, it likely could.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

So what would people prefer on the team? Kim the TW or Sierra the Burster? I'm having a hard time deciding!
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Jude Maverick wrote:So what would people prefer on the team? Kim the TW or Sierra the Burster? I'm having a hard time deciding!
If you're truly on the fence, I know I always love having a TW in the party. (Not that I don't also like Bursters, mind you; I have a Burster of my own under development right now, just not for this game).
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I lean toward Kim Black, as well. I have a cool idea for a weapon to give her instead of her draining blade (melee doesnt really seem her style).
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Okay, I think I've got a tentative roster. I couldn't squeeze in everyone, but tried to give priority to new players and folks who were using their Patron character slots. Here goes:
  • (Freemage) Sir Blurre - Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight, intent on bringing the Tomorrow Legion's aid to any who need it while he searches for his sister, who he hopes to redeem ...
  • (Maximilian) "Bullet" Jones - Intergalactic gambler and ladies' man, on the run from a vengeful voodoo god and trying to find a decent poker game in Black Mesa as he hides out among the COT.
  • (Jude) Kim Black - Teen Techno-Wizard prodigy, following in the footsteps of her TW savant mother and avoiding the shadow cast by her father's dark past.
  • (Ken) Severianna - An escaped Lone Star experiment - a bat-feline-human hybrid called a nightcrawler - who has found a home among the Legion as a pilot and warrior.
  • (Jax Covington) - Jax Covington (?) - Ley Line Walker scholar chronicling the various life forms that have come to earth across the Rifts.
  • (Hardin) Brother Rill Lightwalker - A Fennodi Mystic and pacifist priest who has grown up among the religious community in Black Mesa.
  • (Nomed Dercas) Red - Dog Boy Justice Ranger who prowls the wilds around Black Mesa, bringing deviants and demons of all stripes to well-deserved ends.
  • (Jasco) Jasco - A Black Market Information Broker, late of Fort El Dorado, trying to establish himself in the unfamiliar territory in Black Mesa. He's aware of the COT, but has kept his distance ... so far.
Several of you still need to finish your characters, and there are certainly opportunities to weave together your backgrounds a bit. I'll be in touch with some suggestions and we can move your characters over to the 18th COT forum as you finish them and get my final approval.

ALSO: If you are due a custom Patron item and want to use it in this game, PM me and we'll get something designed.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Hey all, I'm sure the website issues have thrown people off. Please check in with me here or by PM if you're on the list so I know of we've lost anyone.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Made it in.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

In, too!

Now that the temp site is up, I'll post a lot more to my character sheet later today. I could use some help trapping a couple of Brother Lightwalker's various powers, if anyone is willing to make suggestions.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Great. And I think Jax was your buddy, correct? If you can, let him know about the new site url.
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Tribe of One wrote:Great. And I think Jax was your buddy, correct? If you can, let him know about the new site url.
Will do.
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Jax Covington

Post by Jax Covington »

Just got the heads up about the new forums! I'm defiinitely in, and will be doing the detailed character creations tonight and hopefully be done by the end of the day tomorrow. I have to figure out the details on the proper posting format for the sheets though, so it may take a little longer than I anticipate.

Expect some PM's soon for detailed questions!
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Sure thing. There are templates for the character sheet format in the Character Creation thread in this sub, I believe.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

I'm in with Kim.

I'm going with the notion that Kim's mother is originally from "out West" (though she was living in Kingsdale when she met and married Caleb and had Kim). So Kim has "family" out there. I haven't decided where Tara was from, but could be Black Mesa, or could be somewhere else we'll end up. Family might recognize the TW combat mage armor Kim wears, or she might have some names/places to look up (given that communication and travel are such a PITA, there likely hasn't been any contact).

And I suppose a Patron item is best used on this character? She is my Patron character LOL And TWs are gear-dependent. So how do we work this up? I have no real ideas for her LOL

ETA:

Also, Kim has this narrative hook:

Nearly Done For. Your character was nearly dead, or staring down the barrel of an impossibly large gun, or otherwise facing the end of her journey when the tide suddenly turned and her fat was pulled out of the fire. Someone from the Tomorrow Legion rescued her, which not only leaves her with a debt, but an interesting story to tell.

And this from her bio to reflect it:

During their escape [from Tolkeen], they [the refugees] were harried by a contingent of the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. Kim and some other noncombatants got cut off from the group and surrounded. They would have been slaughtered had a Tomorrow Legion team not swept in and saved them.

So if anyone in the group wants to be the one who saved her, we can link them up like that.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

I created an account for Kim, so you can move her bio on over. I'll probably need to update the link in her sig then.

Also I need posting permissions for the 18th.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Hmmm...I see a bit of teenage fancy coming Bullet's way, maybe LOL

And maybe Jax. He seems the bookish, nerdy sort a TW like KIm might like.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Oooo, the unknown family angle is going to be perfect. I'll PM you an idea or two, as well as an idea about a Patron item.

If one of the other admins doesn't get to it first, I'll start getting folks migrated over to the 18th sub in the next day or two. I'm still learning all the tools/unlimited power at my command as a GM.
Jasco
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jasco »

Tribe of One wrote:Hey all, I'm sure the website issues have thrown people off. Please check in with me here or by PM if you're on the list so I know of we've lost anyone.
In with Jasco.

Just need final approval on Jasco's character, clean-up of his character thread, and permissions to post on 18th COT.

I am a long-time Diamond patreon supporter from the EU side. Does that entitle me to SR patreon perks? If so, I would also like to redeem the piece of custom equipment on Jasco.
Quick Stats
Adventure cards:

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Jasco wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:Hey all, I'm sure the website issues have thrown people off. Please check in with me here or by PM if you're on the list so I know of we've lost anyone.
In with Jasco.

Just need final approval on Jasco's character, clean-up of his character thread, and permissions to post on 18th COT.

I am a long-time Diamond patreon supporter from the EU side. Does that entitle me to SR patreon perks? If so, I would also like to redeem the piece of custom equipment on Jasco.
Yes, Patreon benefits apply to both sites. But I was told by Loyd that we cannot transfer EP from one site to the other, because the economics would get messed up and it would be extra paper work for the admins.

PS: This of course includes an awesome Patron item if wanted.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

I made up a profile for Rill. Having some trouble getting an avatar uploaded, but I suspect that may be related to the site's current troubles, so I'll try again once things are back to normal.

I will also need my character sheet transferred to Rill's profile and permission to post on the 18th forum, whenever it's convenient.

Thanks!
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

In with Severianna.

I'm just about done with the character build although a few tweeks might be in order.

I'd like to redeem the Patron item for this character. I'm trying to think of something.

My Narrative Hook is... From Out of a Rift… Some hang like bizarre lanterns in the sky, while others aren’t seen until they suddenly pop open and spill out who-knows-what. Your character happened to be near one when it disgorged something. From that incident came some lasting effect or items, and may have led to her ultimately arriving at Castle Refuge.

Since she is a product of Lone Star genetic research and an 'escapee' my thought was that is how she got out? A portal opened up in the Lone Star facility she grew up in. And was sucked into it, or jumped through it. I was thinking I could play her a bit naive or surprised with the outside world for a bit, but not too much to make her clueless about how the world works. She'd recognize the Dog Boy in the group (not him specifically) and humans as familiar, but others not so much. She'd be familiar with all sorts of weird things she might have been exposed to. She would have fought many other beings in her testing and development as a melee fighter. She will have tons of experience and innate ability to pilot and drive all manner of things in a simulator, but maybe not in the real thing.

She'd have no family or connections to speak of unless there was other escapees or people who worked in Lone Star who are no longer there.

The portal that ripped into Lone Star could have dropped her into the New West and she is fresh off the boat to begin with, or maybe that was a few months ago and she has found a place in some town or outskirts in the West. Can go either way.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Okay, Jasco, Kim Black, Rill and Severianna should be added to the 18th COT group, giving access to posting in the forums. Please try to do a test post there with those accounts and let me know if you run into trouble. Then I'll get your character sheets cleaned up and moved over.

For the other four, please get accounts created for your new characters and I'll get you added, as well.
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Cool! I will head over there now.
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Bennies: 2/3
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Jax Covington

Post by Jax Covington »

Account for Orrin Truthseeker created. Still fleshing out the character (trappings gear and background still needed). Would definitely be interested in input on the background, as i dont know the rifts setting particularly well.

My character is a "Wizard" and knowledgeable of history, and I have the Narative hook that ties me to the Federation, so I was thinking that Orrin was an apprentice to Duncan (or trained in whatever training program he has). At some point in his past, he had an interaction with Erin Taln that helped him realize that he wanted nothing to do with the Federation. He ran off to Toronto to study under Erin Tarn, who eventually gifted him with the staff he uses, in hopes that it would help him to find a better way to use his Magic what he learned under Duncan.

Thats pretty generic and needs some detail, so I am open to suggestions.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Sir Blurre is now accounted.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Okay, you should both be added. Go ahead and start a thread in the group forum for your character sheet. I haven't tried to figure out how to move those posts yet but hope to get into it tonight.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Severianna wrote:In with Severianna.

I'm just about done with the character build although a few tweeks might be in order.

I'd like to redeem the Patron item for this character. I'm trying to think of something.

My Narrative Hook is... From Out of a Rift… Some hang like bizarre lanterns in the sky, while others aren’t seen until they suddenly pop open and spill out who-knows-what. Your character happened to be near one when it disgorged something. From that incident came some lasting effect or items, and may have led to her ultimately arriving at Castle Refuge.

Since she is a product of Lone Star genetic research and an 'escapee' my thought was that is how she got out? A portal opened up in the Lone Star facility she grew up in. And was sucked into it, or jumped through it. I was thinking I could play her a bit naive or surprised with the outside world for a bit, but not too much to make her clueless about how the world works. She'd recognize the Dog Boy in the group (not him specifically) and humans as familiar, but others not so much. She'd be familiar with all sorts of weird things she might have been exposed to. She would have fought many other beings in her testing and development as a melee fighter. She will have tons of experience and innate ability to pilot and drive all manner of things in a simulator, but maybe not in the real thing.

She'd have no family or connections to speak of unless there was other escapees or people who worked in Lone Star who are no longer there.

The portal that ripped into Lone Star could have dropped her into the New West and she is fresh off the boat to begin with, or maybe that was a few months ago and she has found a place in some town or outskirts in the West. Can go either way.
Pretty fresh off the boat works. Go ahead and pick one of the other characters who found you wandering in the desert near Black Mesa within the last couple of days. You've had a chance to look around town and get acquainted but it's all still very unfamiliar.
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

I would pick Kim.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Jude Maverick wrote:Hmmm...I see a bit of teenage fancy coming Bullet's way, maybe LOL

Bullet Jones is a gentleman, but that doesn't mean he will discourage it. Now I just have to work on my Texas drawl-in-print.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Jax Covington wrote:Account for Orrin Truthseeker created. Still fleshing out the character (trappings gear and background still needed). Would definitely be interested in input on the background, as i dont know the rifts setting particularly well.

My character is a "Wizard" and knowledgeable of history, and I have the Narative hook that ties me to the Federation, so I was thinking that Orrin was an apprentice to Duncan (or trained in whatever training program he has). At some point in his past, he had an interaction with Erin Taln that helped him realize that he wanted nothing to do with the Federation. He ran off to Toronto to study under Erin Tarn, who eventually gifted him with the staff he uses, in hopes that it would help him to find a better way to use his Magic what he learned under Duncan.

Thats pretty generic and needs some detail, so I am open to suggestions.
Cool. Kim has some ties to the Fedreration, too. Her father nearly killed a shifter he was supposed to be providing perimeter defense for, but balked when he found him sacrificing an entire village and nearly killed him. In retaliation, he tracked her father down where he had settled and married and had a family in Kingsdale. He kidnapped Kim and her mother, and threw her mother through a rift (to her death?) before her father stopped him. He is still out there, though.
Character Tracking
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Severianna wrote:I would pick Kim.
Sounds good, sure. Maybe she was out practicing LOL.
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Maximilian wrote:
Jude Maverick wrote:Hmmm...I see a bit of teenage fancy coming Bullet's way, maybe LOL

Bullet Jones is a gentleman, but that doesn't mean he will discourage it. Now I just have to work on my Texas drawl-in-print.
Not too difficult.

I = Ah

My = Mah

And = An'

Drop all your ending gees: Singin', playin', an' fornicatin'.

Use Ma'am and be polite to ladies.

Those are the basics. Then listen for colloquialisms you can use from old Westerns and such.
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Kim Black wrote:
Maximilian wrote:

Not too difficult.

I = Ah

My = Mah

And = An'

Drop all your ending gees: Singin', playin', an' fornicatin'.

Use Ma'am and be polite to ladies.

Those are the basics. Then listen for colloquialisms you can use from old Westerns and such.
As someone who has lived in the Northwest for 28 years, but still has hundreds of family members in Louisiana, Texas and New Mexico I think the thing that stands out to me the most is improvised idioms and they just make up sayings and shit then pretend like everyone has always used it.
It cracks me up because they act like it is normal and nothing out of the ordinary. While here in the Northwest if someone says something that sounds like it should be a saying, but it is not recognized everyone gets this dear in the headlights look as if they just don't know how to respond.

For example:
"That asshole is slicker than snot on a doorknob" - then everyone agrees as if it is just common to say slicker than snot on a doorknob.

PS: I occasionally do it, but it is rare and I lack the artistic flare that my family has when they do it.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

A southern accent in general is taken by realizing that they take things slower, including speech. Deliberation is taken in what and how you say something. There was a thread on Reddit that discussed this:
The Texas accent is a lazy accent. We tend to discard weak syllables and cut off the ends of certain words when speaking. It is also worth noting that the accent is not universal and varies considerably depending upon the part of the state. Generally, the further west you go, the lazier the pattern of speech.
Like all accents, though, there isn't a consistent set of rules though there are general trends. We tend, for example, to discard the ending G in many words and so nothing becomes nothin' and fishing is fishin'. The lazy middle idea tends to convert certain vowels around as well. I often hear people exchange i's for a's and so bring becomes brang. In a particularly fun example of no particular rule at all, no one really seems to say onion but instead say something like "ung-yan".
There are also new words generally made by smashing old words together. "Fixin' to" (or "fixin tuh" in egregious cases) is regularly used in place of about to. All carbonated beverages are called Coke regardless of who made it. Dinner is regularly called supper, yonder in place o[ver] there, and of course the nearly ubiquitous use of ain't in place of are not.
Bear in mind that in Dallas in particular, you will see everything from someone who does all of these things to someone who does none of these things. I grew up in the part of Texas that people who've never been here think of when they think of Texas but most people would never notice unless they kept an ear open for my irregular use of one of those Texas words.
In general word choice over spelling matters the most. Pauses are also a part of the speech, either dramatic, or because you're thinking. Note Southerners (and Texans specifically) can talk fast or slow, but those who use the accent (there are a bunch of us who do) tend to talk slower by nature, even if they speak "quickly". Drives some folks nuts. Also note that while the accent makes folks think of uneducated people, that the accent also has a tradition of using some honestly "big" words that are not common parlance.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I forgot the random adding of letters to words.

For the longest time I would say I worshed clothes and could not identify when people corrected me to washed. To me the two sounded the same. Now I can hear the difference and just don't care.

PS: My Granny (maternal Grandma) used to mumble everything together so whole sentences sounded like 1 word. She was incapable of correct annunciation and using voice controls of any sort. She was not alone, as it was a common trend on that side of the family.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

I reckon it ain't gonna be all that tough ta slip inta m' Texas drawl. I do believe I'll be addin' "slicker'n snot on a doorknob" ta the ol' lexicon.
Ma'am.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

"Happier than a puppy with two peckers" is one of my favorites. :lol:
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

A spot has opened up in the 18th COT if anyone new or old is still interested. PM me if so.
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

And we've got a fantastic group. Enjoyment is sure to ensue.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Tribe of One,

Silverclaws is an MARS Cyber Wolfen - Melee Close Quarters Combatant.

Character is a WIP but in the forums.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Almost done with Silverclaws. A few loose ends and we can get this show well under way.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

And the 18th is full up again!

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 18th COT New West”